[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NOX

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

File: Nox_(video_game_-_box_art).jpg (34KB, 334x400px) Image search: [Google]
Nox_(video_game_-_box_art).jpg
34KB, 334x400px
Anyone else played this game? I remember spending countless hours on this. In my honest opinion it is better than Diablo (which it is pretty much a clone of).
>>
This is one of the games I spent hours on when I was a kid. I never played the multiplayer though. I was the only person I knew who had it.
>>
>>285472396

Nox was great but got overshadowed by Diablo 2 immensely, such a shame but i guess being released after would have only been worse.
>>
People always call it a diablo clone and I never understood why.

You don't go dungeon delving into a single massive dungeon.
Things aren't randomized.
Classes actually do things.
There's no farming or grinding for items.

It's got a similar camera to Diablo as well as being real-time. That's all it's got.

Great game rip westwood
>>
A pretty good game. Not much replayability though since classes played the same each time and you couldn't customize with skill/item builds or anything.
>>
>>285472396
one of my most favorite games growing up.
I beat Diablo 1 just a month or so before buying this. Was a conjurer or whatever.
>>
>>285473759
What actually happened to Westwood? Did they do much after Nox?
>>
This and Throne of Darkness
>>
>>285475519
EA decided to shut it down for no reason.
>>
>>285475892
Should have know EA would have had something to do with it
>>
>>285474023
Also it has nice voice acting and sense of humor
>>
File: Screen0.jpg (154KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Screen0.jpg
154KB, 640x480px
One of my all time favorite games, and some of the best moments I have ever had in an online game.

>tfw playing nox CTF
>tfw playing conjurer
>tfw castle invasion map where each side has a castle
>tfw put giant plant monster behind the doors since there is line of sight
>tfw it one shots anything that walks through the door

I will never experience that again.
>>
>>285474592
Each class had a different campaign though. IIRC there was at least one level in each where you attack the main city of another class.
>>
:O It's still available to download. Only £3.99 as well :D http://www.gog.com/game/nox . Well, time to relive it all
>>
>>285475519
They are known as Petroglyph now
>>
>>285476116
Id like to see any player be able to actively use the entire arsenal of the conjurer and wizard at any point. of course people made builds and customized wizard traps and conjurer bombers
>>
>>285474592
Did you never play the multiplayer modes, or the really awesome Nox adventure mode that basically turned it into D2?
>>
>>285475519
ea think damn they makin da gaems da good gaems we want da gaems
ea buy westwood
"go maek games"
"we dun like gaem change this change that"
"release nao" but not done yet sir please give us m- "now ya fucknugget"
low quality game sales go down
"wow you guys fuck up we taking over make game like this and that"
game's garbage low sales
"right fuck all y'all get outta here you're useless we'll handle this on our own from now"

rip
ea killed so many good companies by doing this shit
>>
>>285476502
>http://www.gog.com/game/nox
>adventure mode

Fuck you, its Quest
>>
File: tmp_0% Honk-1682658602.jpg (44KB, 348x219px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_0% Honk-1682658602.jpg
44KB, 348x219px
>no NOX HD
>will never play /v/ server
>will never play Quest mode together, sharing our loot and such
>will never Berserker Charge some /v/irgin who forgot to ff himself from across the map
>will never see "Now that the dust has settled we all agree Warriors are cancer right?" all over the catalog the next day
>will never form a 2 conjurer 2 wizard flag defense death trap on the topside of that dumbbell looking room filled with traps, walls, and those spell holding creatures
>will never solo break one, get the enemy flag back, then jump down the hole and pick up the flag immediately after our team caps it like a hero ever again
>will never glitch out of the map and spawn in hacked shit and give my character flashing hair to fuck with new players
>will never get bitched at in chatrooms by 3 stacks of xAzNx PridE faggots for asking if they were Flips or Nips ever again
Like, tears in the rain.
>>
Nox has the most satisfying warrior class out of any game ever. Every weapon has a ton of impact and the charge ability + harpoon is a ton of fun
>>
>>285477087
Oh man, I never got the chance to play the multiplayer. I feel like i have missed out on so much
>>
>>285477087
>will never form a 2 conjurer 2 wizard flag defense death trap on the topside of that dumbbell looking room filled with traps, walls, and those spell holding creatures

Hold me. Its been awhile but I had a lot of fun making custom bombers that would stun the target in place and drop fist of justice or w/e on top of them.
>>
Well, I've just downloaded it again after 15 years. Lets see how well it has aged
>>
>>285477353
wizard is overpowered, that's all you need to know
>>
File: The_Shocker_by_degraafm.jpg (12KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
The_Shocker_by_degraafm.jpg
12KB, 600x375px
What part of the spell was this symbol?
>>
>>285477353
I loved it to death. I honestly feel like it was one of my Golden Multiplayer experiences right up there with WC3. I still hold out hope for some sort of EA fuck up leading to a Steam release with Steam servers.
>>
>>285477893
"du du!"
>instantly vaporized by death ray from a purple, hacked in female voiced character spamming JKL while blinking randomly across the map
>>
>>285478079
>getting hit by purple laser death ray
Bro, it was easy to dodge.
>>
I used to think the hand of god spell was the funniest shit as a kid. I should replay this again, Nox has got to be one of my childhood favorites.
>>
I remember thinking the Necromancer was the biggest dick on the planet
>>
File: 1401128094293.gif (754KB, 149x175px)
1401128094293.gif
754KB, 149x175px
Nox was amazing, and though it didn't offer as many classes or strategies as Diablo 2 did (as far as building your character through talents or equipment was concerned) I feel it had much better gameplay. It really nailed the action in ARPG.

And the multiplayer was great.

I had the worst time actually connecting to Westwood's servers, but the times I was able to play were really some of the best multiplayer experiences I've ever had, past or present.

It's a shame the game didn't get the love and sequels it deserved.
>>
Great game.
I even played some multiplayer with my brother, the Warrior with his hooks and dashes was hilarious on the soccer map.
>>
>>285478558
>Nox was amazing, and though it didn't offer as many classes or strategies as Diablo 2 did
That's because conjurer and warrior were added pretty late into development, the game was originally conceived as a multiplayer wizard fighting game
>>
>>285476107
>treehouse map
>elevators everywhere
>place an iron golem right next to one of the busier ones.
>friend comes up
>blown the fuck out in a single ear-blasting strike
>laugh as i hear his startled screams from the opposite table

no game is dead when you can play it on lan with your buddies. i swear having a bro with similar tastes in vidya is better than sex.
>>
File: 94f.png (121KB, 680x497px) Image search: [Google]
94f.png
121KB, 680x497px
>be me
>mom works as IT director for a lighting/media company
>16th birthday party
>mom gets permission to use giant conference room to hold LAN/birthday party
>spend the next 48 hours playing games like NOX with 10 of my closest friends at the time

One of the best presents/memories of my life.
>>
played the online from release day til it died, was one of my first experiences with online gaming alongside PSO, great fucking times
>>
EH CHI NOH ZO
>>
>>285478859

the game overall was unfinished, it was actually rushed, but yeah conjurer and especially warrior have a skill pool that can only be described as pitiful. still, a good conjurer or warrior could do really well in pvp
>>
>>285482954
ZO EIN
>>
>>285472396
Fuck I loved this game got it from my uncle, even played the online some when it was active basically just deathmatches and ctf and stuff with access to everything, also including cool waiting room. Nox was so fucking good as much as I love diablo 2 which is a lot I liked the combat and skill system in nox more, if it was expanded even further in a sequel similar to diablo 1 and 2.
>>
Guys, I have amazing news. There are servers up and running for nox.
> Go to http://www.gog.com/forum/nox/gog_doesnt_support_westwood_online
> Download the file in the first post
> Go to xwis.net/ga and create an account there
> Follow it to make your Nox account
> Load Nox (Can download from http://www.gog.com/game/nox)

Anyone up for a game?
>>
>>285472396

I miss this game, especially the PVP online. Wizards are always trying to do an instant death beam, but they were no match for my Chakram Warrior! Conjurers weren't all that great in PVP, unless the person mastered the Crossbow.

Harpoon -> Shout -> Charge. If they ran away I just threw my chakram and let it do the damage for me.
>>
>>285473312
the multiplayer was fucking fantastic
>>
For whatever reason, it doesn't work on my PC.

Neither the disk nor the GOG release.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.