[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that this is not okay.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9

File: 1422133632533.jpg (68KB, 479x355px) Image search: [Google]
1422133632533.jpg
68KB, 479x355px
Reminder that this is not okay.
>>
>BUT HOW ARE THEY GOING TO MAKE MONEY IF THE DLC IS FREE? IDIOTS!

>WHY IS NOBODY BUYING OUR GAME? I THOUGHT PEOPLE LOVED BUYING OUR DLC! THIS IS PIRACY'S FAULT!
>>
File: 1422416802825.jpg (579KB, 1200x899px) Image search: [Google]
1422416802825.jpg
579KB, 1200x899px
>mfw the fagbase of Tranny Simulator: Cisquisition are so buttblasted (figuratively and literally) they try to shitpost about witcher
>>
Yeah, for the sake of having "DLC" that they can offer for free, they're going to waste time making silly stuff that doesn't fit the game (Temerian Armor set seems to be like this, alternative Yennefer look might be, hairstyle is harmless enough regardless and the contract is probably fine). If you look at TW2, it's the same thing sans Troll Trouble quest (and perhaps the Sackful of Fluff quest, all the mysterious merchants and Blue stripes jackets can go to hell).
>>
>>284101601
>they're going to waste time making silly stuff that doesn't fit the game
That is "DLC", anon. It's either extra fluff the team decided people could use optionally, or content that was intended to be used in the final game but didn't have enough time. For either case, some publishers just go fucking crazy with the amount they ask for developers to shit out, and end up making mediocre game after mediocre game, as a platform to make easy DLC money.

Here's an idea: stop acting like Korean bootleggers and put some love in your work, and make money that way. The amount of money being put into PR to make people see why paid DLC is so important and why the consumer is an entitled douchebag for asking for 'more' after buying their game is cringeworthy at best.
>>
I don't keep up with Witcher, so I don't know what the issue is. As far as I can tell, it's some armor, some horse armor, and some cosmetic stuff.
>>
more free stuff with my game????? fuck this shit.
>>
CD Projekt is a based company, releasing a full game and adding fluff for players who want it. This is definitely a day 1 buy.
>>
>>284102750
It's OP being facetious about publishers like 2K and EA's fans going apeshit because its saying that games like Borderlands, Evolve, and Dragon Age are somehow disingenuous about charging their customers for more after paying full price for their games, as a business practice. Because people will bitch about anything, especially when they paid money for it.
>>
File: 1389447430241.jpg (38KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1389447430241.jpg
38KB, 720x480px
Iwiński added that despite past suggestions from potential publishers to go to multiplayer with The Witcher titles, it stands by its continued dedication to single-player with Geralt as the main protagonist.

“Initially, when we were talking to different publishing partners, they were coming over to our studio with focus tests saying, 'Hey! RPG is the trend now. There has to be multiplayer, and multi-character selection, and there has to be a female character.'” said Iwińsk. “And we said, 'No, no, it's about Geralt. We have the books, we have the lore. It's true, it works, it's consistent.'

"So we're not talking to these guys anymore,” he added.
>>
>>284102431
Yeah, and for whatever incomprehensible reason CDPR, while they aren't jewish enough to charge for it, thinks that an AAA game should have DLC and as a result what they are making is the same thing as the SHIT that other developers/publishers use as a cash grab (Horse armor, that sort of thing). What happened to just including "day one DLC content" in the game files normally (I remember there was some issues activating TW2 DLCs because they had to be activated from launcher or some such) and calling everything beyond that "updates"? Hell, CDPR introduced much more content as an "update" than they ever did as "DLC". Why have "DLC" in the first place? The only reason I can think of is imitating the appearance of mainstream garbage.

I mean, TW2 wasn't ruined by the few DLCs or anything (although I think the starting armors are harmful for the game, for example) and I don't expect things to be different here, but I think it's appalling that they feel the need to emulate typical mainstream garbage games and practises so that they can pat themselves on the back and proudly declare that they're part of this "AAA" club.
>>
>>284104492
That actually takes some balls. I hope the delay is worth it
>>
>take content out of the game
>put it back in as "free dlc" a week later
>LOOK HOW NICE WE ARE GUYS!!!!!
>>
How to get free PR

Make a product
Remove something from product
Give away the removed part FOR FREE!
Aren't we a great company??
>>
File: 9ebjWU6.jpg (52KB, 310x360px) Image search: [Google]
9ebjWU6.jpg
52KB, 310x360px
>implying all those armor and weapons haven't been finished and implemented into the game months ago
>>
>>284104638
Probably to appease some fuckheads upstairs, or as a joke. Either way, it was pretty groan worthy.
>>
>>284102750
Shitposting about free dlc
>>
>>284103171
Dragon Age doesn't have any DLC...
>>
File: 1385499031394.jpg (80KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
1385499031394.jpg
80KB, 500x385px
>>284105518
but that's exactly what they're saying? They could have made 'Exclusive beard hair' or 'Pre-order Horse Armor', but I guess it's better to use the afterthought assets as some sort of jab at the industry
>>
>>284105139
>>284104983
>>284100457
It's called Piracy prevention :^)
>>
>>284105662
I didn't say Inquisition did I? Because that would be wrong.
>>
>>284105518
They're trying to make a point to other developers that this stuff SHOULD be free.
>>
File: what the fuck am I reading.png (512KB, 625x459px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck am I reading.png
512KB, 625x459px
>>284106191
The game is DRM free. The launcher will be getting updates even if you pirated it like TW2 did.
>>
>>284106275
... and then upon googling it, there really was DLC, but for limited editions or limited keycodes. I guess that's different though. I don't know.
>>
>>284106191
The best piracy prevention is to make a good game.
>>
Okay, so it's not for piracy prevention. So what the fuck is the point of making this DLC? Holy fuck what why
>>
>>284107556
>Game has been content locked since like August
>Artists and others have nothing to work on
>They make new shit
>They put it in the game when they can
>>
Literally the only problem with this is that it's useless - the idea is it's a harmless incentive to give cosmetic boosts to paying customers, but pirates will get all this too... so...
>>
>>284107713
>More quests and customization in a ROLE PLAYING game is useless

I think you should go find another genre
>>
>>284105590
I think it's a joke, especially with Horse Armor specified
>>
If the dlc's are free, why not just put them in the game in the first place?
>>
>>284107713
Maybe they just don't have the time to make all that shit on deadline?
>>
>>284107713
The incentive is that everyone is treated equally, and that supporting an honest to god developer who loves their work and treats their consumers with respect will hopefully earn their sales because of it.

>>284104983
>>284105139
>>284105518
Shit like this can be said about every single game with planned DLC, but hardly any of them ever actually not charge you for it. The shit going on with Evolve is basically the antithesis, where their entire strategy to sell the game to the masses was, I shit you not, that the game, "...will be the most DLC friendly game ever made." Surely this could be misconstrued since they probably meant that the DLC wouldn't split the community, but they were talking about this shit TWO YEARS before the fucking game came out. The company has become so obsessed with concurrent sales and keeping up with trends that they've put the DLC before their own released game.
>>
>>284108285
These were announced before the game was delayed. Only a few months before release at that point. At that point they were polishing what already existed in the game. Now it's been delayed and some DLC is in the game it seems (You can see the Miner quest in the new video)

It's called content locking, anon. You can't keep putting content in a game when it's under going certification and bug finding and shit.
>>
>everyone gets its if they buy it
how is it even dlc.
>>
File: loving every loli.jpg (331KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
loving every loli.jpg
331KB, 1680x1050px
>>284108285
>If the dlc's are already made, why not just put them in the game in the first place?
Good fucking question
>>
>>284108572
It's not a good question if you understand how a game is made. It's a very stupid question.
>>
>>284108285
Punishing pirates?
>>
File: 1416111005330.jpg (32KB, 232x197px) Image search: [Google]
1416111005330.jpg
32KB, 232x197px
>tfw DLC abuse by companies has made us so jaded we forget that it just means Downloadable Content
>we assume that it's a greedy attempt to grab our shekels
>TW3 is probably just too large a file as it is, or there's not enough time for this fun little stuff.
>people will probably flame at me for defending dlc, when I'm just defending free bonus content
>>
>>284108564
Because it's downloadable content?

>>284108681
See >>284107059

Why is /v/ so stupid?
>>
>>284108564
DOWN
LOAD
ABLE
CONTENT

is that broken down enough to process?
>>
>>284108667
The answer is either, "We wanted more money after people already paid us," or... wait, that's the only answer. It's not a very good fucking answer.
>>
>>284108285

Because the last delay is for bug testing and the content is locked. The artists have modelers have nothing else to do so they just make this for the programmers to implement post release.
>>
>>284108724
The game is like 50GB install on console.
>>
>>284104492
>'Hey! RPG is the trend now. There has to be multiplayer, and multi-character selection, and there has to be a female character.'”
>"There has to be..."
>"There has to....."
Says who?
>>
File: praise.png (60KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
praise.png
60KB, 1000x1000px
>>284108724
naw we get it
>>
>>284108967
Focus groups, aka "The Market". Literally Steve Buschemi wearing a baseball cap, jeans and a polo shirt.
>>
>>284108876
>More money

But it's free?

>That's the only answer

Do you not understand a game needing to be content locked to under go certs and everything? Have you ever once looked into the process of making a game? Do you think the artists and modelers are all still working once the game is content locked? No, they're not. They need something to do so they make skins and shit. Should they charge for it? No, and CDPR isn't.
>>
I don't see the point with this at all.
Maybe just to entice people to buy it, since they think they're getting something extra when they're really not.
>get it even if you pirate
>free
Who even cares
>>
>>284108572
>cosmetic dlc
top kek nigga
show me something that actually effects the game
>>
>>284108834
so they remove content that is intended for everyone and let people download it so they feel like they are getting something free and you think it is "dlc"
Its downloaded but its not content.
You people are dumb.
>>
>>284109103
I get that. I mean it doesn't HAVE to have that shit. It seems like marketers arbitrarily declaring that there MUST include bad mechanics.
>>
>>284109129
Sorry for the confusion, but I spun that one guy's quote for my own use against Evolve (thus the picture). I'll admit that was my bad.
>>
>>284109293
Alright. Evolve is a piece of shit and needs to be shamed like it has been.
>>
>>284109184
So they spent their time making useless content, in an attempt to milk more money out of consumers? Sounds great, where can I subscribe to their newsletters?
>>
>>284101384
You couldn't have managed to pack more memes into your post if you tried
>>
>>284108967
They do it in data mining terms, like Valve, so it seems vaguely scientific
>>
>>284100457

Reminder that this is extremely okay considering what every other company is doing nowadays.

Enjoy your amiibos.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.