[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Click for more| Home]

>not playing a magic user in games explain this bullshit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 232
Thread images: 55

>not playing a magic user in games

explain this bullshit
>>
>>275552223
>playing Oblivion

explain this bullshit
>>
>>275552223
mages are nerfed in 90% of the games including pic related.
>>
>Magic user
>All that strength
>>
But I do play mage in every game where it's an option you faggot
>>
that's why I got spellsword
>>
File: skaven.jpg (309KB, 1058x900px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
skaven.jpg
309KB, 1058x900px
>try to play an all around character
>wear light armor
>carry a bow for ranged
>have a sword for melee
>know a few spells to mix it up a bit
>fall flat on my face because specializing and min/maxing is 10x better than trying to have fun
>>
>>275552606
The only right answer
>>
>>275552489
Yeah I drank 2 of my combat potions on accident.
>>
>playing easy modo
>being a fag in robes

Only faggots and grills play mages. Also minmaxers sometimes because magic tends to be OP in games
>>
File: LbDUJDk.jpg (31KB, 300x450px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
LbDUJDk.jpg
31KB, 300x450px
>>275552606
>>275552842
spellswords are the gayest shit in any game, even worse than le edgerino necromancers.

>hey anon so do you want to be the big burly guy who wrecks face with his sword, or do you want the mage who has spent his whole life in the pursuit of knowledge?
LOL XD BOTH
>>
>>275552223
Maybe because i dont want to be killed by a single sneeze.

Or have to wear nothing but robes of faggotry.
>>
>>275552223
tincan > magicstick man
That's a fact, now get your shit straight and grab a huge twohander, plate armor and go on a cleaving spree.
>>
File: 1413949985655.jpg (58KB, 274x268px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1413949985655.jpg
58KB, 274x268px
>>275553148

>having the option of having powers and knowledge way beyond the common man
>rejecting it because it's easy
>>
pure mage
>The Atronach
ayy
>>
Are there necromancer mods for Oblivion? I want a large army of skellies
>>
>>275553219
Spellsword is the kind of mage that went "I need to spend 20 years to learn this- nah fuck this I'll just learn mage armor, healing and fireball" then went and learned how to swing a sword decently
Essentially superpowered swordsmen that are only outclassed by extremely experienced fighters.
Spellsword 4lyf nigga.
>>
File: rudeus greyrat.png (943KB, 1122x1599px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
rudeus greyrat.png
943KB, 1122x1599px
>>275553219
>not being both

how are you supposed to romance the loli wizard and the stronk muscle catwoman at the same time with that attitude?
>>
>>275554045
>by extremely experienced fighters
You mean competent fighters
Or by competent mages
Or by competent rogues

In fact spellswords are just fighters with limited ranged capabilities
>>
File: 1418400063780.png (253KB, 786x715px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1418400063780.png
253KB, 786x715px
>>275554328
>>275554314
>>275554045
>>275553219
>Not being both wizard, fighter, rogue and spellspord
>>
>>275554328
Spellswords shit on both fighters and mages.
Fighters can't do spells, so they get shit on by spells.
Mages can't do swords without being shit on and they get shit on by anyone with magic resistance.
Obviously trying to be both will result in being master in neither.
>>
I love mages until it gets to the point where they can't take a hit for shit. Then it's all melee.
>>
File: 1414238532136.jpg (67KB, 421x600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1414238532136.jpg
67KB, 421x600px
>>275554740
>Obviously trying to be both will result in being master in neither.

with that attitude, sure.
or you could just git gud.
>>
>>275553219
>be big burly man
>use strength to wield TWO magical staffs at once
>get nerfed for being too silly
>>
who magic archer here
>>
>>275552482
>including pic related.
It only gets 10x worse in Skyrim too.
>>
>>275554670
Temporal wardens, pls go.
>>
>>275552642
level scaling also bites non min maxing right in the ass
>>
>>275554740

Any fighter that can take on a mage could also take on a spellsword, because if a fighter can defend himself against competent spellcasting he'll have no problem dealing with a spellsword's magic knowledge that is intermediate at best, and his own knowledge of melee will vastly outclass yours.

And a competent mage at range can easily overpower what minor magic resistance a spellsword can put up with his limited knowledge of magic. If he has no range and no way to set up magical barriers he's no more vulnerable to you than he'd be to any other melee combatant.

Rogues operate based on subterfuge and surprise and thus are on a class of their own where they're at the same time capable of neutralizing anything but almost useless in a straight open fight.

But then again this all varies wildly based on the laws of magic of each setting so this conversation is innacurate as all hell
>>
>>275552223
Little man should not have brought rags to fight.

Now they all bloody.
>>
>>275553219
>implying mages can't fit in the time to go to the gym
>>
File: Kill Yourself.png (90KB, 500x390px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Kill Yourself.png
90KB, 500x390px
>>275552223
>playing High Elf
>>
>>275552223
Outside of stat bonuses, there's hardly any reason to choose between any race aside from dialogue and aesthetic purposes.

For example: With the lovers mods, I'm a dashing Breton Thief who sneaks into homes at night to "steal the hearts" of married women.
>>
>Noone will make a game about magic where there are no direct combat spells
>You have to make use of trap spells and a ton of gimmick spells to defeat your opponents
>>
>elf apologists are in this thread RIGHT NOW
Around elves, watch yourselves
>>
>>275555863
With high sneak stats, I even fuck the women while the husband is asleep in the same room
>>
>>275555916
>he's never played the BootLord

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS49Dazin3E
>>
>Being a squishy mage
>Being a disgusting Altmer
>Not picking a jack of all trades Dunmer or Breton
>>
File: musclewizard.jpg (234KB, 600x890px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
musclewizard.jpg
234KB, 600x890px
There is only one type of wizard worth playing as.
>>
weird I just went to gamestop earlier and got oblivion for some reason.
>>
>>275555916

>what is Kagero: Deception II
The Deception series was more or less like that, at least on the PS1
>>
>Game has Melee, Magic, and Stealth aspects
>Melee is bland
>Magic does jack all because any better and it'd be unbalanced and any worse would make it less enjoyable
>Stealth is instant kills every single fucking time
>>
>>275552642
Maybe you should play skyrim, you casual.
>>
>>275556036
Elves are the niggers of lore, and I'm not sure why.

I also dress my wizards in heavy armor. I think I've been doing it wrong.
>>
File: Y5d5M8D.jpg (21KB, 300x450px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Y5d5M8D.jpg
21KB, 300x450px
>>275555574
>implying a good mage would be a young inexperienced fuck instead of an old scholar
>>
How long did you go in this game without using cheats /v/?

Sadly I myself didn't have the attention span to train and farm gold for several months
>>
File: 1418504911067.png (681KB, 546x698px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1418504911067.png
681KB, 546x698px
>>275556276

>game has Melee, Magic and Stealth
>Magic is Fire, Ice and Lighting
>>
>>275553219
>'intellectual' manchild who justifies his physical weakness by assuming all strong people are dumb detected

battlemage is the only way
>>
File: stealth archer.png (1MB, 800x3176px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
stealth archer.png
1MB, 800x3176px
>Playing as a Thalmor
>>
>>275556483
Also the only cheats I used most of the time was god mode and the money cheat.
>>
File: noxwarrior.jpg (113KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
noxwarrior.jpg
113KB, 1024x768px
>>275556276
Not every game is like Skyrim you casual faggot.
>>
>>275556682
>Every trope is poorly balanced
>Claims skyrim is the cause

Name one game where EVERYTHING is balanced and enjoyable to play. Pic unrelated, obviously. It's the same as shotguns in FPS games; it's either complete shit or horribly overpowered.
>>
File: dr jeffrey life.jpg (59KB, 600x911px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
dr jeffrey life.jpg
59KB, 600x911px
>>275556393
Old people can still bodybuild. Hell, I'd wager a mage would be able to do research to create the magical version of steroids
>>
File: 1413312334165.jpg (225KB, 1078x1368px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1413312334165.jpg
225KB, 1078x1368px
>TFW paladin master race
>>
>>275556154
>Not picking a jack of all trades Dunmer or Breton
>Dunmer
>race that has nothing but bad shit happen to them lorewise, aren't great in any one thing, their unique abilities aren't particularly outstanding
>Breton
>race that was born from a bunch of Altmer raping human bitches wholesale, shamefully get their magical affinity from being part Altmer, their unique attributes are neat but can be easily substituted by other means
>wanting to be part of a race born from the biggest cuckolding event in Tamriel history
>>
>>275555555
>>
>>275556897
>It's the same as shotguns in FPS games; it's either complete shit or horribly overpowered.

FUNFACT: in WWI Germany officially complained that shotguns were OP, despite the fact that they were using poison gas.
>>
File: crusader.jpg (202KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
crusader.jpg
202KB, 1600x1200px
>being an elf
>BEING AN ELF
>>
>magic is always OP
>break the game every time
>>
>playing fantasy shit
>>
File: harold.jpg (665KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
harold.jpg
665KB, 2048x2048px
>>275556556
>obviously insecure neckbeard who pretends that his one day per week at the gym makes him strong, and his jrpgs make him smart

and mages are gay too but at least they aren't inspired by autism
>>
File: Dr. Robotnik.jpg (580KB, 842x1024px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Dr. Robotnik.jpg
580KB, 842x1024px
>>275556932

>playing a Paladin
They're far more respectable than normal fighters
>>
>>275552642

Use Oblivion XP so that you can not have to waste your time doing a bunch of dumb shit just to have proper stat allocation.
>>
File: 1259455619729.jpg (11KB, 476x338px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1259455619729.jpg
11KB, 476x338px
>>275556393
>he hasn't made Master Roshi mode
>>
File: d2classes.jpg (42KB, 542x330px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
d2classes.jpg
42KB, 542x330px
>>275556897
>>
>>275556926

This is using mechanics back when the game was still something resembling an RPG so bear with me.

>mage and warrior face each other
>mage is clad in nothing except for a rob and non-shooty wooden staff
>warrior is in armor with standard sword and board
>mage immediately casts a spell that fortifies his strength, agility, and endurance to fuckstupid levels
>beats seven shades of shit out of the warrior using his stick and his fists

Too bad they took out stats like a bunch of retards to cater to retards, it was fun playing a muscle wizard.
>>
>magic based on intelligence
>power up by studying
>use spells to make yourself stronger and more charming
I stopped liking wizards when I realized they were pathetic nerd self-insert fantasy.
>>
File: 1413312703838.jpg (183KB, 886x1440px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1413312703838.jpg
183KB, 886x1440px
>>275557285
Where does berserker fit into the martial warrior hierarchy?
And here have some more knights
>>
File: rimmer.jpg (29KB, 309x309px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
rimmer.jpg
29KB, 309x309px
>>275556926
actually that sounds pretty neat. i'd be cool with it provided it wasn't called something as retarded as "spellsword"
>>
>>275556897
>Dragon's Dogma
>>
>>275557458
>when I realized

How did you not see this from the beginning?
>>
>>275552642
this, it's the worst aspect about the elder scrolls games next to the level scaling in oblivion and the billions of essential npcs

like yeah, i get it, you level up the skills you use more and shit, but there were points where it was utterly retarded and i had to constantly fling spells in a corner or somewhere just to level up because it was taking so damn long

in morrowind you can at least dance around that a little by abusing the fuck out of alchemy
>>
>>275552642
This is the best build in Dark Souls
>>
>>275557008

Breton is stat wise the best race though. 50% magic resistance is fucking bonkers compared to shit like "can use a spell to make them not take shock damage for 50 seconds" or "can breathe underwater" or whatever.
>>
>>275552642
You can just call yourself a battlemage instead. It's pretty much the same thing.
>>
>>275557650
Or you can get good and not be some jacked off all dicks
>>
>>275552223
What's giving you all that strength?
>>
>>275557485

That depends on how much respect you have for a class that laughs at the idea of battle tactics and is centered on killing everything faster than said everything can kill you.

It goes Spellsword<Warrior<Berserker<Paladin
Something something opinions something
>>
>>275557628
because I was a nerd and thought it was cool
>>
>>275557870
Fuck, meant to quote >>275557571
>>
>NWN/NWN2 or other D&D3 games
>playing cleric
>almost as good spellcaster as a mage
>can buff to be a better melee than an equal level warrior
>all while having full plate and defensive spells on top
What's your excuse of not playing overpowered melee/caster hybrids?
>>
File: Rink.jpg (11KB, 249x250px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Rink.jpg
11KB, 249x250px
>Always play as a thief/assassin character
>Decided to give mage a try.
>Got bored of it 30 minutes later.

I know skyrim is already boring as shit but i almost fell asleep while playing as a mage. and it looks even worse as a warrior.
>>
>>275557913
potions
>>
>>275557890
It takes skill to be a jack-of-all trades. You'll always have a weaker defense and offense than people who specializes in one or the other
>>
>>275552489
>not being the strongest mage in the world
>>
File: 1414158778620.jpg (79KB, 800x902px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1414158778620.jpg
79KB, 800x902px
>>275557710
Constant water breathing is baller as fuck
And 100% poison resist on top of that was rad.

>thieves guild
>place starts flooding
>"HELP DRAGONBORN! WERE FUCKED
>"lol"
>>
>>275557996
Because A Dance with Rogues is made for a rogue, shadowdancer, or blackguard.
>>
File: 1413312205960.jpg (165KB, 966x1440px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1413312205960.jpg
165KB, 966x1440px
>>275557923
Well, if the nigga can go from 0 to mad in a moment. And kill shit in a tornado of fuck you as fast as possible, I'd say that's a successful berserker

Have some more knights
>>
>>275558007

To be fair, spellcasting in Skyrim is dull as all hell, especially early levels because they have no imagination to go beyond le fire ice and lightning trinity. In a game like Original Sin spellcasting is much more fun
>>
>>275558078
please tell me that artist does porn
and hopefully argonian
>>
>>275558007
What difficulty?
>>
>>275558297
I really hope so, but I have no clue
>>
>>275558063
>defense
If you're playing jack of all trades and your defence is weaker than the mage you're doing it wrong. Only case you should have weaker defense is if you're going against someone specialized as a tank, but then you'll be fine because you out damage him.
>>
>>275558078
And then everyone realizes there was an exit at the top and there never was any danger of drowning.
>>
File: 1388154234311.jpg (115KB, 600x375px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1388154234311.jpg
115KB, 600x375px
I like using things like single use spell scrolls and magic weapons with some functional magic instead of giantfuckyoumeteor because that gets boring after the 10th or so time.
Too bad in most if not all games it's thirty times more efficient to bumrush and slap them with your sword then it is to try to play tactically, or instagib them with a fuckyougiantmeteor because lol quadratic wizards.
>>
>>275552223
The rpg genre is stale and I played every archetype at least 10 times each maybe ?

Who the fuck always play the same thing and have fun ? hell even switching im becoming easily bored of this shit.
>>
>>275558485
I tried so hard to let then drown.
>>
File: cheaterofmystra.jpg (197KB, 1023x453px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
cheaterofmystra.jpg
197KB, 1023x453px
>almost 2015
>not playing a cleric

how does it feel to be inferior /v/?
>>
>>275558421
Im just in a short supply of good argonian porn.

There is not enough of it, its driving me crazy
>>
Can't learn magic, too busy taffing.
>>
>tfw friend gets oblivion at release
>being the smart fucker that he is, tries out each class and race for a few minutes to see which kind he would prefer
>decides on argonian mage
>from then on every time I come over to his house he usually shows me his mages progress
>years pass and he still plays oblivion frequently
>2012 rolls around
>hang out with him again and he shows me his mage that he still has despite all this time
>lvl 304
>has some crazy as stats like 2000 hp and such
>shows me his house
>neatly decorated with numerous uniquely named enchanted items throughout his house
>goes into his bedroom
>probably 100 dead, naked bodies of female mages guild followers on the floor
Dude has issues
>>
>End of 2014
>Still not going Bidexual

Literally no excuse. Literally.
>>
>>275558691
I know of this plight.
Too much gay ass cat shit.
Need more bulbous lizard cock
>>
>>275558380
Normal probably, havent even checked it
>>
>not being a sneaky wizard
It's like you don't enjoy fucking with people
>>
>>275558919
Why would I want to sneak when I can become invisible?
>>
>>275557710
>statwise the best race
>stats
>Skyrim

lol

It was only in Oblivion where Bretons were actually any good, their magicka resistance was only good for direct magicka damage spells or the rare negative effect ones, so not really useful overall.
>>
File: 1407973696166.png (899KB, 680x697px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1407973696166.png
899KB, 680x697px
>>275558486
Who invited the fucking weeb?
>>
>>275558775

I take it he was playing on PC? Because you literally cannot level beyond a certain point (much sooner than 300) unmodded. It's mechanically impossible.
>>
>>275558884
That would be the problem right there. Skyrim is piss fucking easy on normal. Jack that shit up to at least master, and watch you will actually need to move, avoid attacks, block, and swing at the right moments to avoid being raped by some draugr.

Still becomes fairly easy once you get the hang of it, but you definitely wont be able to just stand there and swing constantly like you can on normal.
>>
>>275559024
Because people can hear your footsteps when you're invisible and not sneaking. Shit son, have you ever played a TES game?
>>
> not joining the mages guild and slash your way through quests
>>
>>275558432
That's actually what I meant. Weaker offense than a pure Mage, weaker defense than a pure warrior.
>>
>>275558919
I did this in Morrowind specifically for the Telekinesis. Picking up everything you want from 30 meters away should not be underestimated.
>>
>>275558919
>using magic to enhance your sneaking ability
okay, sure, just suck all the fun and challenge out of stealth.
>>
>>275558775
Nice fake story faget, you can't level up that high.

Your friend probably doesn't exist either.
>>
>>275552223

>Playing Mage
>Playing High Elf
>Not Playing Breton master race

What the fuck
>>
File: 1372387908009.jpg (80KB, 500x500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1372387908009.jpg
80KB, 500x500px
>>275559130
That was a terrible picture wasn't it, have a different one.
>>
>>275559026

In oblivion, resist magic applies to elemental magic as well. And some poison effects, for some stupid reason. Although that wasn't the case in morrowind, I believe.
>>
>>275556580
what race should i use if i wanna play a stealth archer?
>>
>>275559682

Nord.
>>
>>275559682
Orc.
>>
>>275559132
>>275559320
Yes he has modded the fuck out of oblivion. Removed the level cap, changed the graphics and gameplay completely. He's very real and has been my bro since elementary school. Did I mention he has asperger's?
>>
File: pimpmill.gif (2MB, 250x380px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
pimpmill.gif
2MB, 250x380px
>>275559304
>casting noisemaker spells to spook niggas
>casting frenzy on a bandit leader and watching him murder his lackeys
>blinding niggas
>seeing in the dark without being vampire scum
>calming crazy niggas down
>mind controlling niggas
>making niggas run in fear
>rallying your allies
>silencing mages so you can murder them easier
>sucking the fun out
nah
>>
>>275559682

Which game?

Although it doesn't matter much no matter what the game. Except maybe daggerfall, never played that one
>>
I can't get into Dark Souls 2 so I'm thinking of abandoning my melee character and going with a casting build to spice things up. Always played melee in Souls with only a couple of supporting spells, any tips for going full caster? Magic or faith better? Wtf are hexes? Is pyro a separate thing now or something? What stats do I need other than Int/Faith?
>>
File: 1326297623858.png (99KB, 247x248px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1326297623858.png
99KB, 247x248px
>>275559807

>Get maxed out conjuration and illusion
>Go into town casting bound weapon/frenzy spells on everyone
>>
>>275559842

These are hexes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R68zxKDxPJE
>>
File: 5326346736454.jpg (67KB, 610x600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
5326346736454.jpg
67KB, 610x600px
>>275552642
>"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times"
>>
>>275560206

If someone has kicked 10000 times they probably have pretty good legs regardless of whether it was precisely the same kick every time.
>>
What games can I be the bane of magic in?
>>
>>275557320
>inb4 hurr durr mah realism
>>
>>275559603

I should have clarified, yeah, it was in Morrowind where only direct magicka damage mattered, but in Oblivion it was a catch-all for all magic effects.

It was the only reason why Bretons were prime material for powergamers when they weren't before.
>>
File: 1412881412225.png (111KB, 1376x722px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1412881412225.png
111KB, 1376x722px
>>275559390
You are forgiven.

Don't let it happen again.
>>
>>275560304
martial arts arent about muscle
>>
>>275560423

I don't think that anyone would argue that TES's skill up system is in any way realistic. The only thing anyone ever talks about is how to cheese it anyway.
>>
File: pepehang3.png (43KB, 199x207px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
pepehang3.png
43KB, 199x207px
>play mage
nothing but strafe and shoot
>play melee
nothing but strafe and slash
>>
>>275560091
wow, are they viable for regular PvE or do they have very limited usage, to be reserved for special encounters?
>>
>>275560817

Yeah they are. Mostly anyway. Technique is nothing compared to a well honed body. People go on and on about how bruce lee was super good at fighting despite being short, but FUCKING LOOK AT HIM

>>275560206
>>
Because girls that use magic aren't cute, Warrior girls are alright, Rogue girls are perfect.
>>
>>275559682

Lydia.
>>
RECOMMEND YOUR FAVORITE ACTION RPG WITH A DECENT STORY
>>
>>275561090

They have less uses than regular soul arrows and no tracking, but they're considerably more powerful. You couldn't wipe a whole level with just hexes unless you had a whole bunch of spell slots, but they're still useful.
>>
>>275560817
this old guy thought so, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ETTRZFoRbw
>>
File: lizardman.jpg (79KB, 676x400px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
lizardman.jpg
79KB, 676x400px
>>275558078
Why are lizard races always so fucking based?
>>
>>275561270
Cool, thanks for the info
>>
File: Zap mothafucka.jpg (23KB, 197x300px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Zap mothafucka.jpg
23KB, 197x300px
>Summoning hordes of monsters to fight for you
>Buffing yourself to fight powerful enemies
>Throwing out balls/bolts/rays of death in any flavor you want
>Generally being awesome and not answering to anyone

I love being a wizard.
>>
Because in most games being a mage sucks. Dragons Dogma is one of the few games that got it right.
>>
I don't like how robes look in most games.
>>
File: imperiallegion.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
imperiallegion.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>275561430
They are not. They are just favored by special snowflake faggots.
>>
>>275561718
But robes are comfy and easy to wear.
>>
>>275561561

Casting a huge spell in dragons dogma is cool the first few times

Then it gets reeaaaally monotonous.
>>
>>275555050
Eris literally worst girl.
Praise Hitogami
>>
>Not playing Skyrim with the Better Vampire, Better Vampire Lord, Better Werewolf / Perks, magic mods that add 1k + spells, enchantment mods that add Daggerfall and Morrowind enchantments back into the game
The only thing that suck that you cannot really chagne are the story and factions.
>>
>>275555050

I know I'm an hour late but Rudeus is a terrible example, he can't swing a sword for shit after the first two volumes
>>
>>275561802
So are panties, but I don't wear them outside.
>>
>>275561879
Why should he?
He has Eris to tank shit up.
>>
>>275561130
BULL. SHIT. a doughy guy with 10 years in jiu jitsu will knock your washboard abs into the dirt. being fit doesn't make you magically well-coordinated in a fight. that takes technique, which takes practice.
>>
File: DA17.jpg (79KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
DA17.jpg
79KB, 1280x720px
>>275561828
Save the world enders for bosses, and screenshots. Otherwise stick to the quick cast spells.
>>
File: DD_vocations_chart.jpg (178KB, 700x800px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
DD_vocations_chart.jpg
178KB, 700x800px
>>275561561
>>275561828
Magick archer is best class
>>
File: dreadlord.jpg (7KB, 219x218px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
dreadlord.jpg
7KB, 219x218px
>>275561802
He said doesnt like the look, not that they are not comfy.

Which is correct. They almost always look fucking stupid or bland.
>>
>>275561481
Morrowind was probably the best game I've played for making you actually feel like a wizard. The spells weren't all just for killing things spectacularly, so it felt like you were actually a guy who could use magic to do what he wanted, instead of a guy with a magic missile launcher. Once you built up a decent library of spells, you could do pretty much whatever you wanted, and the fact that there was a magical solution to pretty much everything, from persuading a character, to sneaking into somewhere, to getting to another canton of Vivec without going through a million stairs, just made the immersion that much more impressive.
>>
>>275562046

He couldn't if he wanted, Sword god style doesn't work for shit with spells.

I'm still not sure why he never got into North God style after it was foreshadowed in the first couple volumes, shit would work.
>>
>>275561863

>The only thing that suck that you cannot really chagne are the story and factions

And thats what kills the game for me. The only decent faction is the thief's one, and i've done all the quests countless times. The other one are just boring as fuck. There's nothing new to do in the game, even with all the mods.
>>
>>275562356
Because Sword styles are for faggots without talent?
>>
File: luvia5.webm (531KB, 480x272px)
luvia5.webm
531KB, 480x272px
>>275561187
>girls that use magic aren't cute
>tfw no other game will ever have a magician girl who fights with pro wrestling moves and dual finger guns curses
>>
>>275562095

>>275561314

You're a dumbass who has watched too many movies. What determines the outcome of a fight is principally size, strength, and weight. What people like Bruce Lee did was train to get so fucking strong that they hit like a truck despite their size.
>>
>>275562457

Tell that to Orsted.
>>
>>275562152
Fair enough.
>>
>>275562646
He learned everything because he LITERALLY has all the time in the world AND can't use his mana whenever he wants.
>>
>>275562479
ok, genius, case in point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK42zojlLXw

well-muscled retard with no skill vs. doughy dude with years of experience. guess who wins.
>>
>>275562801

Don't forget this is a world with magic cancel and magic artifacts.

Only a matter of time before Rudi and the gang fight some nigger decked out in Hydra armor, we'll see what that fag magic does then.
>>
>>275562134
Its only good in Dark Arisen, in vanilla DD it's pretty average.

>>275562464
Girls that use magic are sluts, and ugly it's always been that way. Doesn't matter if they used healing or arcane magics, useless all of them
>>
>>275562874

He's got more fat on him but he's just as muscled and 2-3 inches taller. And he sure as shit wasn't using any fancy techniques there.
>>
File: 1402427885396.gif (476KB, 438x325px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1402427885396.gif
476KB, 438x325px
>>275562134
Mystic Knight could have been so much better if they hadn't wasted a ton of skills on elemental shield shit, and could wield longswords.
>capcom will never do this
>capcom will never make dd2
>dd was pretty much a happy accident so if they actually did make a sequel it would probably be slim-cut garbage
>>
>>275562095
From what I've seen, the guy with the martial arts will get shat on if he tries anything complicated, because if he fucks up even a little or the other guy just straight up overpowers him, he's going to be in a really bad position or flat on his ass. On the other hand, if he just sticks to basic shit, he'll actually do really well. Shit like simple wrestling or judo throws that a mongoloid could pull off.

Then again, this is just anecdotal evidence. I actually did see a tall doughy kid with I think eight years of Jiu-Jitsu try and fight some remarkably average guy in high school. I have no idea what he was trying to do, I think it was some kind of throw, but I think he didn't put his hip into it enough, and the other guy just stepped on the back of his knee and put him on the ground. Meanwhile, all the fights the wrestling guys got in were fucking slaughters, but that's probably more due to the fact that they were built like fucking Lou Ferigno.
>>
File: 1408438856396.png (74KB, 625x272px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1408438856396.png
74KB, 625x272px
>>275563438
>>275563230
>>275562874
>>275562479
>>275562095
>>275561130
>>275560304
>>275560206
Someone good at fighting has a better chance of winning against someone bad at fighting in a fight.
>>
>tfw TES games are pretty much the only games that let you play as any class you want
I wish more games would break away from the same old warrior/rogue/mage archetypes.
>>
>>275563102
>overpower shit with Magic

Bam, you killed everyone.
Swords are for faggots.
>>
>>275563808

Nobody is saying otherwise. This is an argument about whether the body or the technique is more important.
>>
>>275563961
How good you are is more important
>>
>>275563372
But MKs can use longswords.
>>
>>275556153
im gonna play dis nao, holy shit
>>
>>275563926
Magic is for babies
>>
>>275563230
Techniques doesn't just mean doing backflips retard. It's useful things like knowing how to hit accurately and how not to get knocked out. Watch UFC and see how stringy guys with technique fight into their 40's and stay healthy, and big roided up idiots retire in their early 30's with brain damage because they thought having muscle was enough.

And nice job using this >>275561314 in your last response as if some old hack who think he's a wizard proves your point. Really showing your intelligence here.
>>
File: XJuZJ[1].jpg (61KB, 550x550px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
XJuZJ[1].jpg
61KB, 550x550px
>>275563926
But what if your magic IS swords?
>>
File: Proud Orc Shaman.jpg (36KB, 479x508px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Proud Orc Shaman.jpg
36KB, 479x508px
>>275552223
In most games mages are squishy as fuck, and gameplay consists of running in circles like a moron, shooting coloured projectiles. It's like an archer, but with additional mana mechanic which makes you even less effective.

Pure melee characters on the other hand, is a complete waste of time, because not using magic in fantasy world, is like cutting your own legs and missing half of the content.

Hybrid classes are the best, always. Spellswords, battlemages, paladins etc
>>
>>275564521
Then you're the bigger faggot for not having an Illya route.
>>
>>275564627
But Illya is so unsexy.
>>
>>275564521
why is he covered in spikes
>>
>>275557485
Spellsword > Archer > Paladin > Berserker > Unarmed Brawler > Dark Knight > Warrior > Cavalier > Ranger
>>
Despite Dishonored being short, it was one of the few games that made me feel like a wizard.

It was also a fun game for what it was.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9N_d2KuY7A
>>
>>275562414
The Thieves Guild questline is literally the worst in the entire game.
>>
>sword you get at the end does 3/4 damage per swing compared to the highest magic spell and without having to cast or spend mana on it
>melee users also get the armor of "total fuck you nigger i am immune" while looking pimp as fuck

sure those are enough incentives to just roll a melee most of the time while casters are relegated to buff/debuff/healbots at best
>>
>>275564627
Nah fuck that she doesn't need a route, her two anime series are more than enough.
>>
File: 689987978978.jpg (315KB, 720x482px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
689987978978.jpg
315KB, 720x482px
>>275564930
Unless you are a retarded dudebro, missing magic is something so crucial, that you better not start playing at all.

The only good thing in melee characters is that you will find all that stuff like health potions, bandages, scrolls etc useful. In most games loot becomes junk if you play magic character, because why use it when you have spells for it, and they are free?
>>
Because magic in games rarely actually feels magical

It's always just the same as archery but with flashy colors and less finesse
>>
>>275552223

>inb4 I CAST FIST
>>
>>275565574
You are almost an hour and a half too late to post that
>>
>>275554670
Jurassic Park?
>>
>>275565721
It was a premeditated cast.
>>
>>275565721
He had to buff himself and his party first.
>>
File: 1329862563671.jpg (325KB, 821x1200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1329862563671.jpg
325KB, 821x1200px
>>275560790

Shut up, faggot.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b-YZBA4TOg
>>
Wizard > Rogue > Fightman
Prove me wrong.
>>
File: 56289.jpg.png (2KB, 110x154px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
56289.jpg.png
2KB, 110x154px
>>275566206
Cleric > Fightman = Wizard > Poorfags
>>
>>275565461
Speaking of magical magic, any modern games out there with spells like Baldur's Gate 2? I'm tired of shooting glowing projectiles, I want to stop time, turn dragons into squirrels, wipe out legions of weaklings with powerful necromantic magic, have an intense duel with another wizard as we try to crack each other's defenses, etc.
>>
>>275561130
Can someone post that video of the super tall weightlifter getting rekt by the karate manlet?
>>
File: 1236564110030.jpg (115KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1236564110030.jpg
115KB, 1280x1024px
>spellsword this and that

Am I the only one that likes to be a spell rogue/assassin?

>stealth with literal invisibility
>you're always armed and never suspect because I conjure my weapons on the fucking spot
>>
>>275562006
>outside
is there something you want to tell us, son?
>>
>>275552223
I usually try to play as a fist wizard whenever possible
sadly not many games have it or anything remotely similar but luckily mods in skyrim/oblivion allow it
>>
File: 1409783857508.gif (3MB, 244x250px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1409783857508.gif
3MB, 244x250px
magic is an abomination
>>
>being a nerd
>>
>>275552223

It's magic even viable for combat in Skyrim without mods?
>>
>>275566314
Neverwinter Nights 2 is similar. Mask of the Betrayer is a high level campaign and just great in general.
>>
>>275566474
Spellsassin is a bit redundant.
Stealth and invisibility/concealment spells fill the same role.
Bow and ranged magic fill similar roles.
Some games have open lock spells, so lockpicking is also made redundant.

The only thing that mages are really bad at is melee, so spellswords are the perfect combination.
>>
>>275566738
no it was designed to be used as a sidegrade to other shit so it falls flat on your face when you try to use it by itself
>>
>>275566738
If you abuse stunlock, kind of.
>>
>>275566314
just play any D&D game and you'll have the exact same system as BG2

NWN1/NWN2 comes to mind first, specially hordes of the underdark/mask of the betrayer
>>
File: 1410809362396.jpg (53KB, 360x326px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1410809362396.jpg
53KB, 360x326px
2 handed melee > 2 one handed weapons > sword and board > Archery >>>> magic >>>>>>>> daggers and stealth cuz 2pussy4face the enemy

Also
>Using helms
>Ever
>>
>>275555249
Mages are still GOAT in Skyrim. Use ignite with the fear perk in the illusion tree and you can do 63.75 damage for around 20 mana. Hot key an item that gives you mana (you get a hood with +50 mana in the tutorial) and unequippt and then equippt it when you run out of mana and it'll give you 50 back. Do this method for damage and you'll never need to dedicate anything else towards destruction again. Use gear to reduce other schools and drain your mana in the beginning of a fight on whatever buffs you need and you'll be over powered as fuck. Oh, and the DoT stacks.
>>
>>275556682
true, great game. perfect balance.
>>
>>275567657
Also if you focus on mana regen instead of a bigger mana pool you can use the ash shell or ash rune spell on enemies to drop yourself out of combat to gain the full benefit of your maƱana regen. It's a pretty good way to gain mana fast
>>
>>275566738
Skyrim magic:

>destruction
>cost to damage ratio sucks elephant dick
>master spells complete shit, no tactical value at all

>illusion spells literally become useless as enemies level up

>conjuration
>same issue as illusion; everything levels up, your summons stay the same

>alteration
>only offensive spell is paralyze
>otherwise a worthless school if you wear armor

>restoration
>healing is nice
>turn undead is a fucking joke, tactically useless

>dragon shouts
>shit damage, long cooldowns
>pathetic for offensive uses
>>
>>275566738
>>275568175
Illusion spells are great. You just need to dual cast. A dual casted calm spell will work on 90% of mobs at level 80 in legendary difficulty
As for the damage to mana ratio, see my previous post
>>
File: Bandit.jpg (184KB, 636x699px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Bandit.jpg
184KB, 636x699px
>>275553219
> Be Me
> Our Bandit Group are pretty much Highwaymen
> Some old faggot with a robe just walks to us
> Some poor fool who dosen't know where he is
> Has a large coin purse though
> decide to mug him, get my friends around him to intimidate him
> Hand over what you got or i'll cut you up
> It just stands there for a second
> all of the sudden
> Motherfucker summons a sword
> he starts yelling " CHOP CHOP CHOP WATCHING MOTHERFUCKERS DROP "
> One of my friends rushes him with his axe yelling "SKYRIM BELONGS TO THE NORDS"
> Motherfucker just looks at him and yells loudly and he goes flying
> oh shit he sees me
>>
>>275566879
I guess it's bad from a min-max POV but it sure makes me feel more immersed.
>>
>>275567583
>NWN1/NWN2

But everyone says NWN is a steaming pile of dogshit. I know the obvious answer is "try it and decide for yourself" but I don't have that much free time anymore and spending it on something potentially shit is painful.
>>
>>275552223
>playing bad games
explain this bullshit
>>
I havent gotten very far on the game yet but I heard Skyrim has -100% mana cost so you can spam spells all day.
Is magic still shit?
>>
>>275568685
Well that's wrong.
>>
>>275568685
The OC is boring as fuck. One of the expansions is the one you want though I don't remember which one since I always get them confused. Probably Hordes of the Underdark.

Or you could play NWN2. It has a boring first chapter but after starting with chapter 2 it's great. Plus you can go to Mask of the Betrayer after that which is just amazing.
Thread posts: 232
Thread images: 55


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.