[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Early Access done right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 18

File: header.jpg (30KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
30KB, 460x215px
>>
>>267613037
if vlambeer priced all his games at 4-6 dollars they'd be worth it
otherwise
>>
>>267613037
I've played it for 60 hours so far. It's a bargain
>>
No such thing.
>>
>>267613037
If Rami Ismail wasn't such an entitled SJW cunt with a chip the size of The Netherlands on his shoulder then yeah.
It's a fun game but holy shit he's fucking crazy (invisible privilege)

Also Rogue is randomly a black female, smells like forced diversity just for the sake of having a proud strong wymnzyx who doesn't need no man
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzlNWRUV3uU

Best OST of early access games
>>
>>267613690
>people say "why is this character white"
>why does race matter?!

>someone makes a non-white character
>all of a sudden, race matters, what a shill, fuck this guy

how about you shut the fuck up and play the game
>>
>>267613690
>making anything other than a white male protagonist is forced diversity
this is what made it so easy for the shitheal journos to fabricate their own narrative for everything
>>
>>267613987
I actually never said anything about being a shill, go to bed Rami, go fuck your tranny gf some more

Diversity isn't bad, SJW forced diversity under the guise of making the world a better place is
>>
File: Crypt.png (142KB, 960x643px) Image search: [Google]
Crypt.png
142KB, 960x643px
Nuclear Throne and Crypt of the Necrodancer are the only examples I can think of.

Fuck, Crypt of the Necrodancer is so good, fucking fuck.
>>
>>267614090
how do you propose to differentiate between the two with any accuracy anon

I think the brown character in Street Fighter 3rd Strike was clearly a case of forced diversity, but the black character in Street Fighter 4 AE was definitely genuine

lol
>>
>>267613987
>>267614062
whoa whoa negros
I'm not that guy, but rogue being a human was pretty shitty. I don't care about her color
>>
>>267613208
My nigger
>>
File: Broken_age_screenshot.jpg (20KB, 480x271px) Image search: [Google]
Broken_age_screenshot.jpg
20KB, 480x271px
I am still happy I backed it, and excited to play it to its conclusion
>>
>yfw when this starts playing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gInQUmzkyrY
>>
>>267614335
Nuclear Throne is a self proclaimed game about mutants gaining radiation and mutating.

The original plan for Rogue was to be a business man character with an airstrike, then Rami becomes hyperSJW, then suddenly black female IDPD with blue eyes

Not a mutant, the IDPD are supposed to be non mutant counterparts to the mutants because the dimension they come from is one where the apocalypse never happened.

She doesn't make any sense thematically, it's exactly like making Thor a woman.

MUH DIVERSITY
>>
>>267614487
>MFW

Seriously, new Rebel is the fucking best.
>>
>>267614358
how is that relevant to anything
one guy says this character smacks of "forced diversity," someone else says "what the fuck is forced diversity" and you pop up to say hey guys don't worry I solved it the character shouldn't even be human

you've addressed nothing
why even quote those posts
>>
Rami is both a cool dude and an annoying SJW.

Honestly Vlambeer games are mostly really good. I dont care enough about his politics to take away from my enjoyment of vidya. Even Ridiculous Fishing was great.
>>
>>267614510
>I was looking for thor's transformations to make sense after he's already literally been turned into a dog
solid footing
>>
>>267614446
I thought this was shitty an embarassing to be honest.

Broken Sword 5 is better and was handled better in every way.
>>
File: chicken.jpg (73KB, 665x503px) Image search: [Google]
chicken.jpg
73KB, 665x503px
fucking chicken sword
>>
>>267614652
It's not Thor being transformed into a woman.

There is just a random woman who is Thor now

Nice research retard
>>
>>267614510
But if the IDPD aren't mutated and they're alternate demension, then why can't she be a black female? She could be any kind of human, no?

Listen, I HATE forced diversity. I'm on your side of the fence here, but I really don't mind Rogue. It just doesn't come off as forced to me.
>>
>>267614743
oh man is broken sword 5 good?
I heard some mixed reviews so I'd been holding off, but legitimately BS1 is one of my all-time favourite adventures. I've been looking for a new noir-ish or murder-mystery adventure game ever since replaying the director's cut. Should I go for BS5?
>>
File: What am I.png (419KB, 1280x1211px) Image search: [Google]
What am I.png
419KB, 1280x1211px
>>267614565
>yfw Rebel's summoned minions are planned to spawn using whatever weapon she has equipped
>>
>>267614779
Maybe I'm just so caught up in this shit, I used to look up to Rami.
I thought he was cool, he gave me a copy of NT for free one time.

Then he called me an idiot because I asked why he thought women were systemically oppressed
>>
>>267614770
this changes how much sense the thor universe makes exactly how?

because it kind of
doesn't
at all
>>
>>267614565
They changed him? I haven't played new update yet
>>
>>267614884
Well, it is a good game and you will probably really enjoy it. It has some issues and it aint BS1 (one my favorite games of all time) but I would certainly recommend it to a fan of the series.
>>
>>267614779
so real quick again how are we supposed to tell between regular diversity and forced diversity?
>>
>>267615014
her
>>
What IS Nuclear Throne?
>>
This game is good enough to look beyond Rami's politics even if he has been a real fuckwit lately.
>>
>>267614903
Oh no, I completely get it: Rami acts like a complete shithead and he needs to tone it down before it starts affecting his work. I say starts because honestly his shit as been really good and devoid of any agenda so far.

But you're absolutely right in terms of how much of an entitled prick he is.
>>
>>267613037
>no pic in existence related.
>>
>>267614956
I didn't say the Thor universe is irreversibly changed or non understandable

Are you actually fucking retarded?

Do you have 8th grade reading comprehension?

I'm saying that just shoehorning in a "minority" for no reason is silly
>>
>>267615029
that's friggin great to hear, I was going crazy waiting for the grim fandango remaster

I picked up the blackwell games in that humble bundle too, but I've been getting into them really slowly, not sure why.
>>
>>267615014
Rebel's old passive was just that she shot a wave of bullets whenever she was damaged. Her new passive is that she recovers half her health between each level.

This means you can use her passive (which costs HP) much much more often.
>>
>>267615147
why are you so mad man
I'm just saying your shit point makes no sense
especially since you yourself acknowledge there is in fact a reason
maybe take a step back from the keyboard, have a thin mint or whatever? go pet your cat/dog?
>>
>>267614510
>A game full of super mutant and abominations
>a black woman with straight hair and blue eyes is the strangest thing there

oh im laffin

It's literally just a sprite man.
Also a handful of the mutants were female. don't flip the sjw card now
>>
>>267615121
I'm just glad JW doesn't push his beliefs into everything.

Pretty much everyone at Vlambeer is cool.

I don't care if you subscribe to the SJW school of thought, but keep it yourself.

Just like regular people don't go around and force their shit down people's throats.

It's not because he's a SJW, it's because he's fucking annoying and comes on waaaaaaaaaay to strong
>>
>>267614903
He spent a day posting about how only hiring woman was the best idea and that everyone should do it because invisible privilege
then I asked him 'what if a male applicant deserves the job more than a female one'
he called me invisible privilege
then I asked hi why he was preaching equality while working ina 100% male company
and he blocked me
>>
>>267615032
I have no fucking idea. I guess forced diversity would be diversity that flies in the face of any reality. It also helps that a lot of artists will outright say that they're doing something just to be diverse. You should make someone a black guy or a muslim or chinese or a black chinese muslim because you can and it fits, not because you're fighting the white oppression.
>>
>>267615032
This is a game about diversity I think: You have a female crystal, a walking fish, a robot, a white, ripped-beyond-natural-capabilities human scientist, a female samurai chicken, etc. Having a a black human female doesn't seem too farfetched to me.
>>
>>267615264
Please break it down for me

What do you think my argument is and why doesn't it make sense.

I don't think you understand me
>>
>>267615405
you're getting bamboozled anon
let it go
>>
File: YV.png (14KB, 206x166px) Image search: [Google]
YV.png
14KB, 206x166px
>>267613037
So, who POP POP here?
>>
>>267615405
get a loat of this guy!
>>
>>267615272
It's not the strangest thing, again females don't bother me.

A strong character is a strong character

Rebel is a female bandit who decides to change after her brother is killed: interesting
Crystal is a female mutant who is naturally very defensive: interesting

ROGUE IS DA BLACK SPESHUL FORC WHO BROK OUT FROM DA EVUL WHIT POLIC FORC, SHE A REAL HUMAN BEEN

Literally an OC CHARACTER DONUT STEEL
>>
>>267615502
I used to robot until people called me casual scum
so now I pop pop it
>>
>>267615351
I think you quoted the wrong dude
because I'm agreeing that it's ridiculous to call out this games main character for anything

I'm asking how the hell people are supposed to differentiate between so-called "forced diversity" and just regular, run of the mill diversity

there is no answer
>>
>>267615502
Look at this chump not being based Steroids
>>
File: Chikkun.png (41KB, 639x523px) Image search: [Google]
Chikkun.png
41KB, 639x523px
>>267615580
Hey don't forget the best gril
>>
>>267615634
>I'm asking how the hell people are supposed to differentiate between so-called "forced diversity" and just regular, run of the mill diversity
>there is no answer
there is
>diversity enforced by a diverse group: real
>diversity enforced by a group of white males a la vlambeer: forced
>>
>>267613037
wow great more sprite shit

nice shilling faggot
>>
File: 1405924661610.png (185KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1405924661610.png
185KB, 500x500px
>>267615580
>Rogue is a black ex-special forces: interesting
>Crystal is a female mutant who is naturally very defensive: interesting
>REBEL IS A GRRL POWER REFORMED BANDIT WHO LURND A LESSON ABOUT SELF RELIANCE AND MORALIT WHEN HER BROTHER IS KIL, SHE'S A REAL HUMAN BEEN

of course everything sounds fucking retarded when it comes out of your mouth, anon.
>>
>>267613037
Fuck yes, this guy knows his shit.
Nuclear Throne is amazing
>>
>>267615901
You misunderstood, anon
I wasn't looking for the definition
I was looking for you to explain how you plan on differentiating between a character someone created who is "forced diversity" versus someone who is just "regular diversity"

because otherwise idiots will just run around saying every sign of diversity must have been forced
which is, in practice, no different than saying all characters have to be one way
>>
File: Fosh.png (137KB, 225x265px) Image search: [Google]
Fosh.png
137KB, 225x265px
>>267615502
>Disgusting Space Nigger Rap Artist
>Playing a criminal
>Not playing based Popo and dealing out justice
>>
>>267615952
But see the thing is anon, what you just said about rebel is factually incorrect.
What I said about Rogue is.

Therefore My argument > Yours
>>
>>267616156
>Fish
>not literally the worst character of the group
>>
>>267616172
>your direct rewording of my quote is wrong! but what you reworded was accurate tho
stop hitting yourself, anon
>>
>>267616312
Rebel did not seek change because she was a girl, she isn't given a race or obvious physical characteristics, she is an ideal player avatar

Rogue is a shitty self insert with the weakest story in the game, Robot is more compelling
>>
>>267616156
>liking Fish
You might as well end your life.
>>
>>267616217
>Not picking the mario of the game to show you have the most raw skill and don't need dumb gimmicks to kill enemies.

But seriously There's no wrong answer, I main the random button
>>
>>267613037
More like, marketing done right. U do this 4 free?
>>
thanks doc
>>
Starbound
PA
>>
>>267613083
>>267613037
Vlambeer and Rami Ismail are trying to become the next big thing, don't let them, they're the worst kind SJWs
>>
I have this on my wishlist. Don't want to pirate it but not paying full price for early access. Playing the waiting game. Plus, BoI: Rebirth comes out soon
>>
>>267613037
Literally the only valid answer besides Prison Architect.

Still I have never unlocked Horror. Is he any good? I don't even know what the fuck he does
>>
Can this shit run without steam? Can you guys upload the latest version to mega or somewhere else?
>>
I've had my eye on it but can't imagine paying more than 7.50 for this or crypt of the necrodancer. Maybe if I got to try them, but theres too many crappy indies nowadays for me to take a gamble on it
>>
>>267617230
He's alright, but he's a pain in the ass to unlock. That and the fact that they keep resetting unlocks with their updates means I don't bother unlocking him anymore.

He can shoot rads as a laser beam and he gets an extra mutation to choose from when leveling up.
>>
>>267617397
No one's gonna buy you the game.
>>
>>267617961
Yeah I know, I never said anything towards that? Can anybody tell me much about either game?
>>
>>267617339
literally 2 minutes of google
>>
>>267618451
It's a roguelike shooter. You can have two guns equipped and there's five different types of ammo: Bullet, Shell, Explosive, Energy and Bolt. Ammo conservation is big and you'll most likely end up switching weapons a lot.

Each of the characters have a passive ability and an active one. You gain XP for killing enemies and when you level up you can pick a mutation (perk) at the end of the level. Perks include more health, more damage, lifesteal, weapon-type specific perks and one perk that enhances your character's special ability.

Worlds consist of three areas with the third having a boss, then an "underground" level between them where vision is limited. There are also secret areas like the Crown Vault where you can get a special crown that has a positive and a negative effect.
>>
File: Kerbal_Space_Program.png (85KB, 496x200px) Image search: [Google]
Kerbal_Space_Program.png
85KB, 496x200px
:^)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA7CuFud0AU
>>
File: Space_Engineers_1.jpg (255KB, 1100x618px) Image search: [Google]
Space_Engineers_1.jpg
255KB, 1100x618px
Tbh I can't see it being very far off release.
Netcode is passable
all neccessary gameplay features are in the game
workshop is implemented
>>
File: image.jpg (137KB, 678x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137KB, 678x800px
>>267613814
>>267615605
>>267615646
Based
>>
>>267617515
His throne butt also makes getting rads EZ
>>
File: bitch.jpg (143KB, 1380x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bitch.jpg
143KB, 1380x1080px
>not going melting killing 3 enemies with the crossbow and making a corpse explosion chain reaction

SHIGGYER DIGGERYS
>>
>>267624290
The only true melting run is one without rhino skin or boiling blood

Go flawless or go home
>>
>>267616524
>self insert
wat
>>
File: alberto.jpg (113KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
alberto.jpg
113KB, 460x215px
Have anyone try this ? is ont steam for 12 bucks
>>
File: grim dawn.jpg (539KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
grim dawn.jpg
539KB, 1600x900px
I've been having fun with Grim Dawn, even though they were hoping for final release in December. Shit keeps getting delayed.
>>
>>267613037

prove it
>>
Don't starve did it right.
The game could have totally been sold in the state it was when it was first released but they kept adding shit to based on fan feedback.

That's early access done right, the core game is already done
>>
>>267625864
Blackguards
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJKNLL-wYcM

Best song.
>Them vocals
>>
File: 2014-10-12_00003.jpg (413KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2014-10-12_00003.jpg
413KB, 1920x1080px
>>267622021
this
just needs some bugfixes and it's pretty solid

updates over time would be good too though

maybe a medium ship size, a way to build shit without being an astronaut, and a way to make a square (like ctrl for build fast but being able to make a square or rectangle would be much faster than lines)
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.