[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who just not hyped anymore? The Wii-U version will just be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 248
Thread images: 24

File: image_321630_620.jpg (200KB, 620x887px) Image search: [Google]
image_321630_620.jpg
200KB, 620x887px
Who just not hyped anymore?

The Wii-U version will just be HD graphics and different stages, there won't be anything major between the versions.
>>
>>267386852
There is going to be a direct in two weeks talking about some of the WiiU version's modes. So I'll be looking forward to that.
>>
>>267387001

Sauce?
>>
There's gonna be a stage builder, right?
>>
>>267387051
You can believe me or not. Just take my word for it.
>>
I didn't buy the 3DS version. Still very hyped.

I've been berated multiple times on here for waiting to buy the Wii U version. Funny how people say, "If you like Smash so much, you should have no problem buying both versions!" I fail to see the logic.
>>
I didn't plan on getting the 3ds version so I guess I'm hyped for the wii u
>>
>>267387051
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/10/11/dont-forget-to-watch-smash-bros-wii-u-direct-at-6-pm-et-30-october/
>>
>>267387091
There better be. How else will we make a large death cube with only one block opening up top?
>>
Playing the 3rd version. Unless they show Ridley as a boss already or add any new characters then hype is only at 10%.
>>
>>267387315
>made plans and going to Halloween horror nights and Halloween parties
>would rather stay at home and watch the direct
I hate being normal sometimes
>>
>>267386852
>Who's not hyped
>Buying the 3DS version, at all

Why would you do that to yourself?
>>
>>267386852
I've been playing the 3ds version and I'm still super hype. I'm gonna be getting the special bundle with the gamecube controller.
>>
>>267387315
Fake link.
>>
>>267386852
>You have to purchase the WiiU version to unlock the super secret characters in both
>>
>>267386852
The 3DS version was more or less just for people who don't own a WiiU.

3DS players should be ecstatic they even got a version.

The WiiU version, however, is going to make your balls drop.
>>
The leak/3DS version revealing everything killed all the hype. Wii U version seems like an afterthought anyway.

That and the shit roster of animu characters

And the shitty unlock system that is just "play a bunch of games"

Should have had tons of unlockable skins, stages, characters, etc in that big Air Ride unlock grid
>>
File: 1397645742618.gif (2MB, 265x191px) Image search: [Google]
1397645742618.gif
2MB, 265x191px
>>267387658
no shit anon
>>
I just hope they stop being so bullheaded about DLC. Yeah, great, you want the player to buy the full game, and not get it piecemeal later on.

So release the full game, then give me the option to get more game on top of that. I want more characters that aren't stupid. Give me those.
>>
>>267387945
>console version
>afterthought

Stop posting any time
>>
>>267388078
But he's right
>>
I am looking forward to the new music

They still haven't revealed the list of composers for the Wii U version.

I'm hoping for David Wise
>>
>>267386852
3ds is the superior version and anyone who disagrees is a boypussy battered wii-u owner
>>
>>267387945
>shit roster of animu characters
0/10
>>
>>267388078
>the platform with an install base of 44 million got more attention than the platform with an install base of 7 million

Totally irrational
>>
>>267388219
Waiting to read to some reasoning.
>>
>>267387237
Don't listen to them, anon. I bought the 3 ds version, and it's nothing but a 40dollar demo for the wiiu version.
>>
>>267387945
>That and the shit roster of animu characters
Look, the roster isn't good, but not because of an overabundance of Japanese characters.
>>
Because the 3DS version alone isn't the full Smash 4 experience

Its not just the game in HD, its the base game that we only sampled on the handheld verizon, bigger music selections, better stages, more content, exclusive modes. Its gonna be great.

Of course you could be THAT faggot who isn't gonna own both versions.
>>
>>267388224
Gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>267388708

Stop being a nintendrone.

You know nintendo only going to disappoint.
>>
>>267388708
Why would we get the 3ds version? A gimped version of the Wii U version
>>
>>267388878
it's true

enjoy your $300 paperweight
>>
File: 1412460047637.png (96KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1412460047637.png
96KB, 250x250px
I'm even more hyped honestly. Better stages, more content, more music, better graphics, better everything.

3DS version is just a nice holdover for me and a way to play Smash on the go. This is the real deal.
>>
Still pretty excited for the WiiU version. Been playing the 3DS version for a while and the nub just isn't the same.

I'm gonna be one of the idiots that buys it twice but oh well. Will probably give the cartridge to my little cousin or something.
>>
Even though it was easy as shit to unlock all the characters, I'm not looking forward to doing it again on the Wii U version. It was tedious enough one time through.

Really hoping you can just transfer unlocks over.
>>
>>267388708

>paying twice for any game
>paying for a gimped game

how do you think that's a good idea at all?
>>
i dont want to pay a whole bunch of money for a shitty console
>>
>>267389035
I'd be surprised if you couldn't, honestly. Especially since there's an option to connect to it.
>>
>>267387817
The WiiU is going to be just as half asses as the 3DS version
>>
I'm hyped since I didn't get the 3DS version. Can't wait to play it for the first time on the best version.
>>
>>267388708
what if i'm in europe where a game costs 45 euros which is over $56?
i'd prefer to wait for the console version instead of paying nearly the amount of the wii u version for each player
>>
I think both versions are perfectly fine. Fight me.
>>
>>267389035
Have you not seen the connect to wii u on your 3ds main menu in smash
>>
File: Pikachu_saltando_SSB_Wii_U.jpg (97KB, 688x387px) Image search: [Google]
Pikachu_saltando_SSB_Wii_U.jpg
97KB, 688x387px
Im hyped as fuck because im going to play 4 players local with my friends nonstop
>>
>people who bought the shitty 3DS version

You faggots can't even handle 4 player matches.
>>
I'm ready for the real Smash experience. So yeah, still hyped.
>>
>>267389572

with gamecube controllers
>>
>>267386852
after playing 3DS version i'm more hyped now
fuck the circle pad
>>
>>267389498
>>267389185
Try selecting that option. It says "You can exchange custom fighters or use your 3DS as a controller."

Nothing about unlocking characters.
>>
>>267389572
>tfw my only friend i know irl doesn't like to do smash local
>>
>>267389830
Aw man. Well that's a bit disappointing. Wonder if they'll address it at some point before release and answer the question.
>>
Opposite. 3DS version just made me realize I want the Wii U version more.
>>
>>267387945
>wanting more locked shit
Fuck no. I don't want to play as 1000 matches or do an long ass story mode just to unlock one character.
>>
I'm praying the Wii U version has new characters that will be put into the 3DS version as DLC so there's more to look forward to
>>
Got to try the WiiU version today, won by virtue of suiciding the least

Not used to gamecube controllers anymore, they only had them and the pad
>>
File: 1395610412300.gif (1004KB, 223x155px) Image search: [Google]
1395610412300.gif
1004KB, 223x155px
>>267389572
Pretty much this for me.

Already have plans with 7 others to have a midnight launch party.
>>
Sakurai on clones:

>This is like a free dessert after a luxurious meal that was prepared free of charge. In a restaurant with this type of service, I don’t think there’s anybody who would say, “Change this to a meat dish!!”
>Yet, I’m told [to do that] about Smash Bros. But, I guess since a lot of them are children, it cannot be helped.

>Could you please leave it to me to select [characters] with man-hours and costs in mind? However you look at it, the game is a great bargain buy as a result.

So there you have it. You are wrong for not liking the roster, and you just don't realize what a good deal you're getting, you fucking children.
>>
I'm sick of waiting, not hyped at all but I'm still buying it whenever it finally gets released
>>
If it were just me, I wouldn't get it, but I have a family to entertain and we only play 3D World and Mario Kart so I will have to buy it.
>>
>tfw only person out of my group of friends who owns a Wii U
>getting Gamecube bundle
>tfw going to hold pseudo-parties alldayerryday involving Smash 4, Melee, Dokapon Kingdom, etc
Thanks, Nintendo.
No, really. Having a Wii U along with a modded Wii can result in some great party possibilities
>>
>>267386852
I still want it, as soon as it comes out I probably won't be playing the 3DS version anymore. It's fun but I'm getting tired of that fucking thumbpad.
>>
>>267391502
Why is Sakurai so bitter?
>>
>>267391891
best wii party games?
>>
>>267391502
A dessert is still different from the main course. Think like you were given another luxurious meal but instead of salt and pepper being used, garlic salt is being used

also, source?
>>
>>267392793
http://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-on-the-clone-characters-in-smash-bros-wii-u3ds/
>>
>>267392059
Because the fans were being more bitter.
>>
The 3DS version makes me way more hyped for the WiiU version due to pretty much every factor of the 3DS version being less-than-ideal.
>>
>>267386852
>The Wii-U version will just be HD graphics and different stages
And better controls. And better online. And hopefully more exclusives modes.
>>
>>267392059
Because rosterfags are bitter and have no idea what they want.
>Why doesn't Sakurai pander to my obscure characters who never made it out of Japan?
>Wow, more Japanese characters, thanks, Sakurai
>Thanks for cutting Lucas, you hack
>There are too many Pokemon Jesus Christ
>Why are there no Mewtwo, Ivysaur, and Squirtle?
>Fucking waifufaggotry
>Baw, no Daisy, Brittany, Kumatora, and Ashley
>Sakurai hates Metroid SO MUCH because Samus is not strong and it uses Other M shit
>I will ignore Shinespark and ZSS being strong
>He's biased towards his own shit/shit he likes because Smash Run
>Shit I like should be pandered to even if it takes more time to create/port than KI:U enemies
>Too many sword users! King Dedede and Mega Man having attacks able to be used against them is fucking awful!
>Why doesn't Ganondorf use a sword? Where's his tennis magic?
>Why would you cut unique characters in place of clones?
>Oh holy shit Lucario's back instead of Wolf I'm fucking steaming
>>
Yep, I expect the Wii-U version to be relatively the same, so I'm not hype whatsoever.
Disappointing.
>>
>>267392141
Motoheroz is good fun, kind of flew under the radar probably due to its name making it sound like shovelware. Singleplayer is surprisingly challenging and multiplayer is a riot. Made by the guys who made Trials IIRC
>>
>>267388590
>pro tip:
they're all japanese D:
>>
Wii U version will have significantly better
>controls
>music
>graphics
>local multiplayer
>online multiplayer
And will also have its own modes that haven't yet been detailed. Can't yet say if they'll be good or how much there will be.
Also the stages seem better to me but again can't say for sure yet.
>>
>>267393419
Diddy Kong is an explicitly Western character
>>
>>267393507
I just hope there's something like adventure mode.
>>
>>267393246
It's almost like there are multiple people with different opinions weighing in on the subject.

Or do you honestly think the same people complaining about the removal of pokemon characters are the people saying there are too many pokemon characters?
>>
>>267388037
It would be a wasted opportunity not to have characters that have their debut after it's release added as dlc. Inkling would be a good candidate for this.
>>
>>267393507
Well most of the 3DS stages are a goddamn clusterfuck so it'd be hard to not outdo them.
I also want to know what possessed them to not offer a toggle for stage bosses. I thought that'd be a surefire inclusion (because maybe people want to fight each other and not some boss) but apparently that's just not obvious enough.
>>
>>267389035
How many hours does it take?
>>
>>267393915
It's not tedious at all, you just beat classic with some of the characters.
>>
>>267393915
120 matches, and you don't even have to win them. Just set it to 1 stock, and jump off the side. You face a secret character every 10 rounds.

I had every character in an afternoon.
>>
two words

BETTER ONLINE
>>
>>267391891
>dokapon kingdom

Do you plan on hideously murdering each other?
>>
>>267388938
I do a hell of a lot more than my ps4 which is effectively a $500 paper weight and will only be that as evey game worth owning on it is better on pc
>>
The basic fact I'll get to play it with a controller instead of using stupid handheld controls makes it more than worthwhile.

Better graphics, stages and whatnot are just icing on the cake.
>>
>>267389035
I wouldn't be surprised if all characters were unlocked from the get-go in the console version.
>>
>>267393829
I agree, as would Captain Toad. I think it'd be a great way to promote new games since All Star only goes up to 2013 anyway.
>>
>>267394048
in what sense? the fact that there is just little latency?

who gives a fuck, the problem with online is the fact it has ZERO community

>no league/ranking system/tourney
>cant add people you played against

what's the point?
>>
>>267386852
I was gonna buy a Wii U this black Friday so I can play Smash 4 on it. I was so hyped.

Then it just hit me all of a sudden. The game is shit. It's really slow paced and boring, and it's only considered good because Brawl lowered everybody's standards. If this game came out right after Melee, it would be considered an abomination and people would prefer Melee. But now that Brawl has been out for years and is considered the game to top, SSB4 did that quite easily.

But people confuse "better than Brawl" for good. What if I told you that a food was "better than poop"? Would you eat it?
>>
>>267388037
Buy the game twice then buy our DLC for each! Sad thing is people will eat this shit up.
>>
>>267394714
The Wii U has a recently met online list, so at least you should be able to add people you play against.
>>
>>267394818
>I was gonna buy a Wii U this black Friday so I can play Smash 4 on it. I was so hyped
I don't need to read any further to see your post is a huge fat bait.

Enjoy your anwers.
>>
Can someone explain Amiibos to me? Who are they for? No one is going to want to play with those. No one is going to be like "hey guys, you know what would make this more interesting? IF THERE WAS A BOT IN THIS MATCH!"

People are going to be like "No, idiot. Humans only." and then throw that dweeb's amiibo in a garbage disposal.
>>
>>267394974
>hurr durr, u american consumers are so ignoreant,. lol capitalizm sux XD

So fucking epic. Aren't you supposed to be in bed you fucking Europoor?
>>
>>267394818
How can one be so right.
>>
>>267395068
>Can someone explain Amiibos to me? Who are they for?
The Peach one is for people who are 10+ to cum on, not sure what the other ones are for.
>>
>>267395068
I think you can bring your custom character setups around with them more easily
>>
File: 1412883038357.png (546KB, 2600x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1412883038357.png
546KB, 2600x2000px
you forgot the part where the game will actually have controls, better online, and everything will be much more visibal. If you're a casual as fuck, then ya there's no real need to get it.
>>
File: 1397571129223.jpg (32KB, 250x272px) Image search: [Google]
1397571129223.jpg
32KB, 250x272px
>>267394818
>I was gonna buy a Wii U
>>
>>267395353
Yeah, I know, it's pretty stupid to buy the Wii U. Good point.
>>
>>267395323
>visibal
>>
>>267395323
Even casual people would rather play with a real controller, on a big screen where they can actually discern things that are zoomed out, less lag on online and never any on local, et cetera. I don't even know what kind of people would actually be fine with just the 3DS version forever.
>>
>>267387417
And put spikes on the top so everyone has to spawn inside, of course.
>>
I won't be fooled twice.

You can delude yourselves all you want thinking that the WiiU version will save the game, it may be more playable but the game will be basically the same as the 3ds version.

At least do yourself a favor and wait a couple of days before you buy it, I wish I have done it with the 3ds, instead of rushing like a fool at midnight.
>>
Does the lack of matchmaking in for glory kill it for anyone else?

I don't really want to have to go to smashboards just to get some decent matches.
>>
the 3DS version and leaks ruined the shit out of smash for me.
>>
>>267395068
They said amiibos will work for more games. Who knows though, they could end up working for like 3 games or provide themes or some shit,nobody knows right now. At best they will be something like a larger version of a season pass, at worst they will do just about dick all.
>>
File: Imprisoned.jpg (52KB, 593x602px) Image search: [Google]
Imprisoned.jpg
52KB, 593x602px
>>267393743
>implying /v/ isn't hypocritical as all fuck
Do you really think it wouldn't be okay with /v/ if we got another Pokemon rep and it was Mewtwo? And that it would be okay with /v/ if we got, instead, another newcomer like Sceptile or Blaziken or Deoxys? That if Lucario were cut in place of Mewtwo or Greninja, that anyone complaining wouldn't be ousted as a furfag, and excluded from "we miss these characters :(" complaints?
>>
>>267395874
/v/ is more than one person, you fucking clod.
>>
>>267395874
why not keep lucario, add back mewtwo and introduce sceptile?
>>
>comparing handheld controls to the real thing
>comparing SMASH ON A HANDHELD TO SMASH ON THE REAL THING

fuck off OP.
>>
>>267387156
So your dad is Nintendo right?
>>
>>267395323
>better online
>forgetting brawl
>forgetting its still peer to peer
>more shit going on, aka more than one assist trophy or pokeball means more data needs to be shared
>implying the online won't be worse.
>>
>>267396680
>Wii U
>"THE REAL THING"
Well Nintendo said that they were going to make a console that was "wider and deeper" and that they would cater to the hardcore gamer again, so I'm still waiting on that console to play Smash on. It obviously isn't the Wii U. It has no games.
>>
I have to admit that my hype is lowered after owning the 3DS version.
>>
>>267386852
>Not being hyped for boss battles, 8 player mode, Smash World, and event matches
>>
The leak killed the hype.

The 3DS version is fine and at least gives me a chance to try the new character until the Wii U version comes out.
>>
>>267397238
>paying $40 for a demo
>>
>>267388923
Why would we get the WiiU version? Ain't going to find anyone online.
And if you play couch, you might as well play Melee
>>
>>267397310
>Paying double for more music and an adaptor to have that better control

We don't know if the Wii u stages will be any good and any speculation about game modes is just that, speculation.
>>
>>267386852

I am kinda lacking hype, yeah.

Can we petition Sakurai to fix the aerial momentum or something? I feel like that could get a good 100k signatures pretty easily, considering it's one of the game's biggest fucking issues and something generally considered fundamental to Smash.
>>
I never was "hyped" or whatever because Brawl effectively destroyed my ability to care about a video game that could be considered "hyped".

I'll always not care about a game now.

Unless a new Custom Robo comes out with online. I'd give a fuck about that. Unless it's on a sony product, then I'll continue to be disappointed in humanity.
>>
>>267397592
Wow a reverse bayonetta fag.
>>
>>267397120
>melee event matches
>beat this challenge especially tailored to a character's universe or a recognizable theme with extremely varied goals

>brawl event matches
>beat some random CPUs and maybe we'll make some of them slightly larger than normal or something
>>
>>267397310
worked for kojima
>>
>>267397701
Fucking Tourneyfags, can´t you appreciate the love our lord and saviour Sakurai put into Smash4?
>>
>>267387945
>Wii U version an afterthought
>not the 3DS version
>>
>>267395489
>>267387417
My brothers.

I also made the floor ice and a falling block to escape/get kills.
>>
Actual legitimate controls is enough to be hyped again.
>>
>>267395102
The same way one can also reply to his own posts to make himself seem right, even though he's just a whiny cunt that can't just enjoy video games.
>>
File: 1410234369053.jpg (37KB, 681x496px) Image search: [Google]
1410234369053.jpg
37KB, 681x496px
>>267389035
>yfw you have to get 8 kos as a challenge in the Wii U version

Sakurai said they'd be harder
>>
>>267398028
You gotta remember to put stairs in the corners so the landmaster doesn't clip people outside of the box.
>>
>>267398128
I'm the guy who made the original post and that wasn't even me retard. I'm making an argument against Smash 4, so you somehow turn that in to an argument against all games, to falsely make it seem like I'm just "against everything" or something, when in actuality my criticisms only apply to Smash 4 and you just need this defense mechanism to help you avoid the fact that not everybody likes what you like.

I mean why would we like what you like when you have such shitty taste? Not that absurd of a notion.
>>
File: 1409086418470.png (12KB, 669x258px) Image search: [Google]
1409086418470.png
12KB, 669x258px
>>267398128
>>
If online play will be an improvement over the horrid 3DS online multiplayer component; there's some reason for hype... no?
>>
>>267386852
Better controls for one. By far more important to me than HD graphics and stages.
>>
>>267398562
I wouldn't even recommend playing games online at all. LAN will always be better because it's fun to talk to the people you're playing with in person and you don't have to deal with bad connections / lag / bad ping / other problems.
>>
>>267392141
Metroid Prime Trilogy. The multiplayer mode in MP2 is a lot of fun. Besides that, Dokapon and WarioWare.
>>
File: 1409091056628.jpg (30KB, 524x189px) Image search: [Google]
1409091056628.jpg
30KB, 524x189px
>>267398128
Goddammit,>>267398559shitposting in 4 threads at the same time is hard
>>
>>267398451
I like fun games. Smash Bros. is fun. It's that simple. Someone who liked video games would be able to find the fun in something like this easily enough, but instead you choose to bitch and moan because it's not the same as Melee. "oh boo hoo, they took out my wave dashing and added tripping this is the worst game ever made" "wah wah this game still doesn't have wave dashing, it's not as good"

Fucking hell, why can't you people just ignore yourselves for like three minutes, focus on the game, and just at least try to have fun for once in your miserable lives? It must be terrible being so critical over every little game like you guys, who can't enjoy a game unless it's exactly tailored to your specific tastes. And even then you'd probably bitch about framerate or something.
>>
>>267398969
>I like fun games. Smash Bros. is fun. It's that simple
Your standards were lowered. It's that simple. So no, it's not worth the $350 + $60 + whatever other fees to play one shitty, toned down version of a game that used to be good.

Case closed.
>>
>>267398969
>framerate isn't important
how new could you possibly be
>>
File: 1322943711230.jpg (73KB, 357x400px) Image search: [Google]
1322943711230.jpg
73KB, 357x400px
>>267398969
It must be terrible wanting to kill yourself and making all these defense mechanisms every time someone expresses a tiny little bit of discontent for something you like.

Pic related, it's you
>>
>>267386852
This, along with the fact that the stupid GC adapter will be used for this game only.
I was planning to get a WiiU for Bayo 2, but I'm really hesitating again now. As much as I loved Bayonetta, I cannot easily spend that much money, even though I'd be able to afford it. There is still a lot more that the WiiU would require for me to absolutely need it, which is kinda sad.
>>
>>267398969
Why are you so defensive?
>>
>>267399456
Same reason people get all flustered every time you criticize Deus Ex, Half Life 2, or Ocarina of Time.

They can't stand it when people don't like what they like. They have to create these big mean boogeymen who secretly plot to try to "take their fun away" - A thing that isn't possible anyway, so I don't know why they're so afraid of it.

It's all part of their persecution complex and this false notion that's come up in recent years that it's bad to have negative opinions about certain things.
>>
If there are no new characters in it I can wait until christmas.
>>
File: 1411356812242.gif (351KB, 480x280px) Image search: [Google]
1411356812242.gif
351KB, 480x280px
>>267394274
It's a test.
If all of us make it out alive, we've passed the bar of friendship.
>>
Its going to be difficult to buy the same game over again without any additional characters, or some amazing single player mode or something. Yeah, more music and stages, I get it, but Im going to need some good additional feature to spend those $60 with no regrets, like character-unique break the targets or a refined stage builder.

Also, I may as well drop this here: Smash 4 is really good, but I still consider melee to be the greatest smash of them all. The controls just feel so freakin good, even after all of these years. How many games can you say about that? You have so much control over your character, and everything is way faster. I understand that Sakurai is trying to go back to the party-style 64 feeling, but at times it can feel like a downgrade compared to melee.

And before you ask, no I dont play tourney style. its really sad that /v/ cant see an amazing game like melee through the silly competitive stigma it holds.
>>
>>267399135
I've enjoyed all the games because they're all fun. I personally think they get better with each game, and I think I know why people like you think Melee was the only good one. If that wasn't your first, whether you liked the N64 version or not, there's no denying Melee was leaps and bounds ahead of the original Smash Bros. But by the time Brawl came out, you got a little older and were probably this empty husk of a human being that you are now that can't enjoy anything because he's way too obsessed with the little things, and the fact that your wave-dashing was taken out and tripping was put in made you decide that yes, it was worse. Am I about right in the ball park? I'm trying to guess what your problem is, since all you're saying basically boils down to is "Melee was the only good Smash Bros. game, Wii U is too expensive for my parents to buy for me, look at all these human feces I can fit in my mouth at once"
>>
>>267402694
Melee was an upgrade from 64. Brawl was a downgrade from melee, trying to go back to 64. And then smash 4 is hanging there, somewhere in the middle.

I just feel like smash 4 doesnt know what it wants to be at times. Its trying to make a competitive game out of brawl mechanics, but brawl isnt competitive in the first place. Again, it's a fun game, but...melee is better.
>>
>>267391293
Hold on, me too

Are you Nick?
>>
>>267399234
It's not important. It makes a game look prettier, if you're not autistic it shouldn't effect gameplay at all. You know, the thing that should define a game.

>>267399252
I was gonna reply to this, but whoof, a picture with text over it? You've got me beat buddy, that picture WAS totally related. Clearly no one has a bigger dick than you do.

>>267399804
It's less about creating boogeymen, and more about being absolutely baffled as to why someone can be so dead inside that they can post on a message board for video games for the sole purpose of shit talking a video game they probably didn't even try. They probably just watched a trailer, MAYBE, and decided to shit on it because they knew it would get them some attention.
>>
>>267386852
A version that doesn't use the 3ds controls will be enough for me. My thumbs hurt.
>>
>>267386852
...who ever thought that the game itself would be significantly different?
I didn't get it on 3DS because fuck playing on a small screen and without a proper controller, but I am well aware that what I see is what I will get, I don't think the game itself will be different.
It will be more comfortable and look better, but did anyone really think it would be significantly different? Why?
>>
>>267386852
Controls

That's about the only reason I'll be getting both
>>
>>267403519

I agree with this. I'm still very confused as to why anyone who isn't a tourny fag hated Brawl.
I get that it wasn't as balanced as melee, but who really cares? Like 99% of the other people who play smash, I wasn't buying it because I expected to be hot shit and enter tournaments. I bought it because I wanted to play smash and have fun.

Brawl had the biggest roster to that point, a ton of really great stages, an awesome single player story, a huge soundtrack full of iconic music. It was a fantastic game. Was the tripping really supposed to ruin that whole experience for me? Because it didn't. Was it supposed to make the game so random that skill became irrelevant? It didn't.

People are just doing what people on /v always do. Getting angry and picking holes in the game. It's not worth getting angry about it. Sales figures prove you aren't alone. Even if you were, who really cares? So long as you are playing the game and having fun?
>>
>>267404190
Gameplay is entirely dependent upon framerate. You don't get to control this discussion with insults.
>>
File: supermario64-timeline.png (111KB, 306x434px) Image search: [Google]
supermario64-timeline.png
111KB, 306x434px
If the Kerfuffle Wii U will have an Adventure mode, will there be an history, or it will be just beat fighters to procced stage by stage?
>>
>>267398969
Melee is a great game, but I agree. /v/ just wants the same shit over and over just like casuals and Call of Duty.
>>
>>267405283
Brawl wasn't very fun to play.
>>
>>267405802

Why not? What precisely stopped it being fun for you?
>>
>>267405784
Why is wanting more of a good thing bad?
>>
>>267404478
Yeah I'm really disappointed with the 3DS version for this reason, but fuck if I'm not gonna buy the Wii U version and play it with friends on my giant ass TV and GAMECUBE CONTROLLERS.
>>
>>267405407
I've been playing games for 24 years, on pretty much everything that can handle a game. I will say that things running in 60FPS makes things look faster and prettier, but if the game's good, it doesn't matter what the framerate is, as long as it isn't reduced to basically a slideshow. And nobody in their right mind would ship a game like that.
>>
>>267405931
Arbitrary input lag.
Lack of momentum conservation.
Tripping.
>>
I'm hyped because I didn't go out and buy a 3DS just for smash. I'm waiting for the Wii U release and limiting my exposure to the 3DS version.
>>
>>267406013
Would Street Fighter be good if it didn't run at 60fps?
>>
>>267406218
Fighting games are different. To my knowledge, there hasn't been a fighting game that didn't run at 60FPS. I never could get into Street Fighter, and have stuck more to Soul Calbur and Dead or Alive, if any of those games ever ran at 30FPS, then who knows. I don't look up framerates for games though, I just play them and have fun with them without being an anal retard who can only play a game if it runs at 60FPS.
>>
File: cheers.gif (987KB, 348x323px) Image search: [Google]
cheers.gif
987KB, 348x323px
>>267397120
This guy gets it.
>mfw 8 player C. falcon free for alls
>>
>>267406573
You're making this into an entirely different issue. You're turning a discussion on framerate, which is an incredibly important aspect to gameplay, and then saying that if anyone actually cares they're autistic or retarded.

Even Sakurai and his team think that framerate is important. Is Sakurai an anal retard?
>>
>>267406096
>Input lag

You mean those huuuuge two frames of input delay that made the game unplayable? Yeah, negligible delays that most people didn't realise existed until the game had been out for a year upset me too. I feel your pain....

>Momentum

Momentum cancelling wasn't obligatory, and the game's momentum mechanics worked fine besides that. I may need you to elaborate on what you meant here for me.

>Tripping
Okay bruh. Whole game is ruined coz tripping. You make a fine point, one again.
>>
>>267406861
I said it was different for fighting games, but okay.
>>
>>267397120
holy shit 8 player mode?! WHY DIDN'T I KNOW ABOUT THIS
>>
>>267406863
I mean the random one or two frame delay on everything plus the ten frame buffer. You're also not telling me or anyone else why input lag is necessary. Why defend it?

Momentum cancelling is obligatory in a game that has heavy platforming elements like Smash Bros., and its removal gimped several characters.

Tripping is indefensible so I'm going to act as though you are against tripping. The alternative is unthinkable, so you're against tripping and think it's a retarded idea.
>>
>>267406863
Not the same guy, but the tripping shit is fucking bullshit, and there's no reason for it to be there. I can't see a single reason any one would or could defend tripping. It is completely unjustifiable to put RNG helplessness into a fighting game
>>
I'll get it so I can play with friends. I don't know many people with a 3DS but local play will always be a thing I want.
>>
>>267407136

I don't know why the input delay was included. I don't know if it was ever addressed by the dev team. What I am saying is that it was barely noticeable. Certainly not something the made the game un-fun.

Momentum cancelling was in the game though?

Tripping was included to give the game more of a party vibe. I wouldn't have done it myself, but it wasn't my game. I don't think the game needed it. Again though, it didn't ruin the experience for me.

You're approaching this like I am trying to say Brawl is the best game ever made. It is not.
I am saying that it was a very fun game, that did a lot right.

Trying to pretend these minor issues ruined playing the whole game for you is bizarre.
I accept that the game wasn't really playable at tournament level.
>>
>>267399435
GC adapter was added in for non adaptive tourneyfags.
>>
>>267394818
If this game came out right after Melee, it would've been better than Brawl. The only people that complain about the mechanics in a smash bros game are Melee purists. In a casual viewpoint, Melee was ass. The more recent entries will always be better received for having the most content.
>>
>>267407889
>It was barely noticeable
>how does momentum work?
>how did Jigglypuff just kill herself?

Casuals are such a joke
>>
File: electrode.jpg (24KB, 360x346px) Image search: [Google]
electrode.jpg
24KB, 360x346px
>>267411040

Casuals are also the majority of the market audience for smash. Welp.

Pic related. It's your face when you realise you'll never be a smash world tournament player.
>>
>>267388590
>Nintendo is a Japanese company

Who knew?
>>
>>267386852
CDs are back in the U version, so more music to unlock.
>>
>>267412231
>Listing to video game bleep bloop shit
>Not just putting some real music on
>>
>>267411835
The audience Sakurai wants he will never obtain until platforming elements are removed from the game entirely

This has been another case of "It's okay when Nintendo does it"
>>
It will definitely play better than the 3DS version. Just doesn't feel right playing smash on such a small screen.
>>
>>267386852
I've been ignoring the 3DS version so I'm still hype
>>
>>267388938

>Bought a Wii U for Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Smash 4, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Hyrule Warriors, the Zelda game, Bayonetta 2, the inevitable Fire Emblem and Harvest Moon games, the hope of Tales and Pokemon games, and any other random ones that might catch my attention
>PS4 has zero games that I'm interested in
>Xbox One has zero games that I'm interested in
>Already have a PC so if games come out for it that I'm interested in I'm set

Yeah, my Wii U sure is a paper weight.
>>
File: 1405313438936.png (27KB, 800x711px) Image search: [Google]
1405313438936.png
27KB, 800x711px
>>267412392
Or you know, I like hearing composers of other games rock out their arrangements of games from my childhood and beyond.

Like a Pokémon composer having a Super Mario Bros. 3 medley or the Actraiser dude remixing a Pokémon battle theme.

It's not important, but it's interesting that it was done at all.
>>
>>267387237
I'm the same way, don't feel like I'd really want to play smash SO much that i'd really need to buy it twice. If I end up loving it and want a portable version I can always go back and pick up the 3ds version later.
>>
>>267386852
>The WiiU will just be Hd graphics
>implying that's not all I want
>>
I played Smash Bros since the N64 and only now am I realizing wtf the "tripping" people bitch about is. I guess I technically noticed it in Brawl but it never bothered me once and didn't affect my wins. But I was just playing with my friends for fun cause I'm a filthy casual so what do I know.
>>
Once I start playing the WIi U version it's gonna be a huge relief to be able to properly control myself and play on a TV. I'm sick of swiping the sweat on my 3DS control stick every match.
>>
>only one in my group of friends with a WiiU
Lotsa Smash nights at my place soon
>>
>>267413096
What is "tripping?" For that matter, what is "tilting?" I don't get these smash terms? What's "edging?"
>>
>>267413308
I know that feel. I get the game. They get the beer. We'll be up all night
>>
>>267412856
>Bought a Wii U for Zelda, Smash, Eternal Darkness, Bayonetta, FE X SMT
>Skyward Sword 2.0, Brawl 2.0, vaporware, sub-30 fps, more vaporware
Yeah, I'll play Smash for a week until I'm bored with it then it's straight to Ebay
>>
I was never hyped for smash bros. Everyone said the online would be good and that they'd learned their lesson, but apparently Nintendo just doesn't give a fuck. And nobody say "B-bu t your internet is just bad!". It doesn't fucking matter if you have good interneton a P2P online game, because the lag of the game is based on whoever has the slowest connection in the game. I can have the best internet in the world and I'd still be lagging in a quarter of the games I play like I do now. They continue to provide online play that's far below the level of every other console, then they wonder why their shit isn't selling.

And Nintendo hasn't just fallen behind in online play. A few years ago, Nintendo gave excuses for why they had to region lock their games, and right after that, sony and microsoft both stopped their region locking, once again leaving Nintendo in the dust. The Nintendomination era has long passed.
>>
Cut 5 characters from 4U

Add 5
>>
>>267413219
>I'm sick of swiping the sweat on my 3DS control stick every match.
How fucking fat are you that you sweat from excessively from playing video games?
>>
>>267394714
The 3DS can't do that because it's still revolving around Friend codes. The Wii U has a proper ID system.
>>
>>267413623
What's the matter, buddy? Ain't got no friend to come over to play?
>>
File: i_pawsed.png (133KB, 434x800px) Image search: [Google]
i_pawsed.png
133KB, 434x800px
>>267412995
>Play a character like Samus, Rosalina, Peach, FemRobin or Lucina
>in HD this time
>pausing every time
>>
>>267409751
This is /v/. Why the fuck do we only care about what casuals think when it comes to Smash?
>>
File: mesmer_060.jpg (35KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
mesmer_060.jpg
35KB, 128x128px
>>267413521

>not having friends to play it with

I see your problem.

tfw all of my SSB friends have scattered across the country
>>
>>267413807
Being able to play with strangers on the internet is far more convenient than having to maintain friendships with some pieces of shit. I know smash bros players at my school but I don't ever talk to them because they're annoying as fuck. When you play online, there's the benefit of not having to hear the opponent talk.
>>
>>267413368
I don't get the terms either. I just play with friends. Years ago there was this one kid who acted like he was some pro player who remapped his controls to how "the tourney pros do it" and used all the gay terminology. He was consistently the worst player and the least fun to play with.

>loses in a stock match
"well it doesn't matter cause i got more kills"

>we like playing "bumpers and bombs" (only explosive items and bumpers turned on)
"can we at least do it in final destination?"

>doesn't like Wolf spawn-killing with the landmaster
"anon, stop spawn-killing or I will BAN YOU FROM THE HOUSE"
I stopped, but I never went back to his house again after that. We all started playing at someone else's house and just never invited him.
>>
>>267397592
This. Brawl killed any hype I had in the franchise (that and the BB demo). My brother got the 3ds version but I just can't be fucked to play it. Not excited over the Wii U version either despite owning a Wii U.
>>
>>267414468
How the fuck did you agree with someone that was being intentionally retarded? Do you really not know what tilting means?
>>
>>267392903
>we had to make Dark Pit different to give him a different Final Smash

>Dark Pit's Final Smash is the same as Zelda and Shiek's
>>
am i the only one whos unsure of buying the wii u version because its not worth spending $300 for one game
>>
>>267397592
Japantime and being adapted to Melee so goddamn much will do that to you.
>>
>>267415016
Brawl is shitty regardless of whether you're used to Melee or not.
>>
File: falcon smirk.jpg (17KB, 330x321px) Image search: [Google]
falcon smirk.jpg
17KB, 330x321px
>>267398969
>all those replies

Smashfags been taking this bait for over 7 years
>>
>>267386852
I'm more hyped. I can barely see the the models on my 3DS. I'm kinda regretting buying the 3DS version
>>
File: jon.png (234KB, 336x351px) Image search: [Google]
jon.png
234KB, 336x351px
>>267386852
The online isn't good enough to warrant a Wii U purchase. Console restrictions strike again.
>>
>>267414802
whut
>>
>>267392059
His boneitis.

>>267391502
Considering I've already putting down $120 (39.99 for the appetizer and 99.99 for the deluxe main course, tax not included) to get the "full" experience of this game, I'd say I have a right to complain.
>>
>>267414802
Maybe he intentionally being retarded by agreeing with the guy who was intentionally being retarded,
>>
>>267415884
>I don't get the terms either
Meaning the guy doesn't know what "tripping" "tilting" or "edging" mean. Granted "edging" is more commonly called edge guarding but you seriously have to be retarded to not understand any of these terms.
>>
>>267386852
I lost my hype when I realized this came out the exact same day as their pokemon games so I can't afford it.
>>
>>267413368
>What's "edging?"
lmao
>>
>>267413909
Because Smash is a casual game. Pretty much any Nintendo game is a casual game.
>>
>>267405968
Because you have to want NEW shitty games because they're NEW. The NEW should apparently counter-act the SHIT part.
>>
>>267419187
Sounds like you're just trying to rationalize away your shittiness at a competitive game by claiming that it's not competitive.
>>
>>267405283
>I'm still very confused as to why anyone who isn't a tourny fag hated Brawl.
Because it was slow paced and boring? Why do shitters such as yourself thinking that games that aren't really slow and boring are too hard?

You don't even want a game of medium difficulty / depth, you want something that's really easy and shitty and boring, and if someone doesn't like it, you call them a "tourneyfag".
>>
>>267388457
>console with 35million users
>vs console with 7 million users
I'd be surprised if the opening three weeks of the wii U sales even match the first week 3DS sales in Japan
>>
pretty much anyone who complains about the 3DS versions controls is a Magnitude 9 mega casual, the gameplay over all feels smoother and more responsive than any previous entry
>>
File: 1412256474701-1.jpg (12KB, 194x160px) Image search: [Google]
1412256474701-1.jpg
12KB, 194x160px
>>267387945
THE CHARACTERS IN MY JAPANESE VIDEOGAMES LOOK LIKE JAPANESE CARTOONS, UNACCEPTABLE
>>
>>267419393
Sounds like you can't come the realization Smash has been designed as a casual party game since day 1.

>competitive
Any game can be competitive if there's a dedicated group. Hell, even fighters can get slow paced. SF is an example of this , just look at this years EVO finals
>>
File: 1412837484107.gif (2MB, 310x290px) Image search: [Google]
1412837484107.gif
2MB, 310x290px
>>267387315
ebin link :^).... check my DONG
>>
>>267416594
I seriously don't. I thought I knew what they were, but apparently I was doing them wrong.
>>
>>267420287
this
>>
>>267403519
>I've enjoyed all the games because they're all fun.
This maymay of all the games in a series being fun needs to die out already. It's rarely true. Most series are hit or miss, including Smash.

Explain to me why everyone has to like the newest thing just because it's new?
>I personally think they get better with each game
Slowing a game down and making it more boring is not considered an improvement by any rational person.

>and I think I know why people like you think Melee was the only good one.
First of all, I don't even like Melee. I play Project M and Brawl Minus. Look at the way you create this evil Melee boogeyman who is trying to take your fun away, pathetic. This just shows how closed minded you are, you think that anyone who doesn't like shitty and slow paced games must be this evil person who just likes Melee, and also you think that if someone DOES happen to like Melee the best their opinion "doesn't count" for whatever reason.

>If that wasn't your first, whether you liked the N64 version or not, there's no denying Melee was leaps and bounds ahead of the original Smash Bros.
They were both good. Brawl was shit though.

>But by the time Brawl came out, you got a little older and were probably this empty husk of a human being that you are now that can't enjoy anything
There's that defense mechanism again. I don't like ONE GAME, and therefore you spin it as though I don't like anything.

These boogeymen that you constantly create are quite funny.

>because he's way too obsessed with the little things
"Little things", oh you mean like the game's pacing and mechanics? The way the game works? I guess the way the game works isn't that significant to the game, makes perfect sense!
>>
>>267420671
>and the fact that your wave-dashing
There's the Melee boogeyman again! Run!

>was taken out and tripping was put in
Ahahaha, so now you're going to try to rationalize tripping?

>made you decide that yes, it was worse.
And? That's the conclusion that any rational person would arrive at.

>Am I about right in the ball park? I'm trying to guess what your problem is
I don't have a problem. I like good games, you on the other hand are a huge fanboy with "every-new-thing-is-good" goggles and a persecution complex.

And again this shows how closed minded you are, you're not even willing to consider the possibility that you're wrong. It's always someone else with the problem, you blame this or that person when in actuality it's just you. You're the problem.

>since all you're saying basically boils down to is "Melee was the only good Smash Bros. game, Wii U is too expensive for my parents to buy for me, look at all these human feces I can fit in my mouth at once"
Saw the quotation marks and stopped reading because whatever it is, it's a strawman argument.

I can tell by the way you type you're probably about 13 years old and you consider yourself to be a very wise and intelligent individual. Honestly you're one of the hugest idiots I've ever seen on the internet and that's an accomplishment.

>>267415179
>I was just pretending to be retarded
>>
>>267386852
>able to use actual controllers instead cramp-inducing 3DS and 3DS XL systems
>Music selection that isn't tiny
>Smash World, which we don't even know anything about yet
>and 8
>PLAYER
>SMASH
>>
>>267388037
>still believing there won't be DLC

They're just playing dumb like they always do.

>>267388220
Nintendo would be stupid not to have David Wise compose for this so they probably won't.
>>
>>267399135
>$350

What exactly cost this much?
>>
>>267391502
The measure of clones in this game is much less than Brawl's. It's 51 character with only 3-4 being near identical.
>>
>>267404190
>I was gonna reply to this, but whoof, a picture with text over it? You've got me beat buddy, that picture WAS totally related. Clearly no one has a bigger dick than you do.
Looks like you can't come up with a rebuttal.

>>>267399804
>It's less about creating boogeymen
No, that's exactly what you're doing. Let's see how you rationalize creating these boogeymen though so I can tear it apart and you can cry yourself to sleep tonight over it.

>and more about being absolutely baffled as to why someone can be so dead inside
There's the boogeyman again. I'm not the one who's dead inside. You are. You claim to love every new game and it's just a lie. You're living a lie because you're part of this culture of "you're only allowed to have positive opinions, every new thing is good".

I on the other hand will commend good games and shit on bad ones and it's as simple as that. I don't feel some kind of stupid pressure to act like I think every new game is good, especially when they're slow paced and boring and the game developer almost deliberately makes the game really easy to dislike.

>that they can post on a message board for video games
Which apparently isn't what you're doing. Honestly this place isn't for you. Go back to gamefaqs; you can't handle things you pretend to like being criticized.

>for the sole purpose of shit talking a video game they probably didn't even try.
I played the 3DS demo and it was shitty, and there you go creating another boogeyman.

It can't just be that someone played a game that you pretended to like and just didn't enjoy it, oh no, there must be some hidden explanation as to why they claim to not enjoy it.

>They probably just watched a trailer, MAYBE, and decided to shit on it because they knew it would get them some attention.
Even if an experienced player just watched a video of Smash 4, they would still be able to tell that it's slowed paced and more boring than Melee.
>>
>>267386852
I'm still hyped because I didn't buy the shitty handheld version.
>>
>>267421314
The Wii U.

Don't tell me I can get a used one from Gamestop that some autistic kid wiped his boogers and poop all over and then you take it home and it doesn't work and you can't get a refund. I'm not too interested in that.
>>
>>267420671
>>267420781
Good lord, you really hate video games. You're babbling about boogeymen and "every-new-thing-is-good" goggles, it's honestly pathetic. If I like old things, I have nostalgia goggles, and apparently now if I think a series actually improved over the last each time, I have the ironically new "every-new-thing-is-good" googles. Should I only like games that came out a month ago or something? Should I wait a year before I play a game or talk about it online to avoid idiots like you saying that I only like it because it's new? Take a few steps back and read your posts before you actually post them, it's honestly pathetic at this rate.

Also, post some games you like, I have a theory I'd like you to prove.
>>
Hey guys, I don't own a Wii U or 3DS, but really want Smash 4. I have been playing the series since 64 and have loved every entry. I only have one friend with a 3DS and he bought the game, but if I got a Wii U I have a lot of friends that I would play with locally. I'm also very interested in Hyrule Warriors, Monster Hunter 3U, Wind Waker HD, and some other Wii U games. Should I just break down and buy a Wii U? Is it worth it /v/?
>>
>>267421778
Get a refurbished one then.
>>
>>267421995
Yes.
There's the answer you're looking for.
Thread posts: 248
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.