[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NINTENDO INDIE GUY DAN ADELMAN HAS LEFT NINTENDO OF AMERICA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 475
Thread images: 65

File: tip.jpg (12KB, 168x148px)
tip.jpg
12KB, 168x148px
NINTENDO INDIE GUY DAN ADELMAN HAS LEFT NINTENDO OF AMERICA

>Dan Adelman, who is known for his work with independent developers at Nintendo of America, has announced that he is leaving the company. Adelman says he became frustrated because he couldn’t voice his own opinions and was continuously flagged down by Nintendo. Adelman says that he has decided to go indie.

>“I think people were kind of on pins and needles about anything untoward I might say. And every once in a while, I’d give an answer that people didn’t like, and some people would freak out, so they tried to scale things back. First they had me do interviews with someone from PR or marketing. Later they just decided that I shouldn’t be in the press at all anymore.”

Why is Nintendo so backwards? They're in financial trouble right now with the Wii U and the 3DS couldn't surpass the original DS yet they still kill new ideas...
>>
Troubling news anon, but do you have a source?
>>
>>256326924
>indie

no one cares
>>
LITERALLY WHO
>>
>>256326924
They do it because they are in trouble, every shit indie on their platform is a shit indie too much. Now I am not saying Nintendo is right on this one, or that is it is shit but still they want to preserve as much quality as they can to bring their system to success.
Doesn't always work out.
>>
>>256326992

Yep, here's two different ones.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/04/nintendo-of-americas-indie-boss-leaves-the-company?abthid=53df95892470baad65000004

http://mynintendonews.com/
>>
>>256326924
So, what did he help make when he was with Nintendo that should make me care about him leaving?
>>
>>256327034

>Literally the only games released since MK8 on the Wii U were indie games
>Literally the only good games released on the 3DS since Bravely Default were indie games
>"no one cares"
>>
>>256327264
>playing consoles
>playing consoles made for children
>>
>>256327259
YOU DONT FUCKING GET IT FUCKING NINTENTODDLER. GO AHEAD AND DEFEND THIS SHIT. I FOR ONE AM GOING TO BOYCOTT THEM. FUCK THIS SHIT.
>>
>>256327259

He was responsible for bringing Shovel Knight, Guacamelee! and other indie games to Nintendo platforms. He tried to bring more indie games to fill the gaps between Nintendo releases since 3rd Party is kill, but he was constantly shut down by corporate suits.
>>
>>256326924
NO ONE CARES
>>
File: 1382473783923.gif (527KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1382473783923.gif
527KB, 500x281px
There's already 2 other threads, use the fucking catalog.
>>
>>256327084
He's the guy that made Nintendo platforms more accessable to indie developers.
So this is potentially bad news for people who were planning to release a game on Nintendo systems.
>>
>>256327264

ALBW was great
>>
>>256327340
What do you mean defend? I didn't know what he did to warrant this being a major impact.

>>256327395
Thank you.That is a shame.
>>
>>256327519

ALBW was before Bravely Default.
>>
>>256327395

SK was going to be on Nintendo regardless. At most he helped them get a dev kit.
>>
>>256327340
Stop reposting this thread OP.
>>
Why's Mario tipping?
>>
>>256327395
You know it wasn't just one guy helping indie developers get their games on Nintendo platforms yeah?
>>
>Expanding on the reasons behind his leaving, Adelman told Kotaku, "I had been strongly encouraged to stay off of Twitter - or at least say only things that were clearly safe - so after the region locking comment they just said I needed to stop completely. When people started complaining that I wasn't active on Twitter anymore, it was suggested that a PR person could just post in my name. I thought that was about the worst idea I'd ever heard, so I left it as is and let the silence speak for itself."

>a PR person could post in my name

Oh. Wow. So literally talking about Region Lock can get you a horrible position in the company.

>>256327729

He's showing respect to a fallen soldier.
>>
File: tumblr_n98e3iSqeq1qa9omho1_500.jpg (102KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n98e3iSqeq1qa9omho1_500.jpg
102KB, 500x375px
>Guy talks shit about his own company while he's supposed to be doing indie PR
>Nintendo fires him for doing the opposite of his job
>Everyone says Nintendo is the bad guy

The fuck?
>>
>>256327340
>he asks what the impact of this is and how it's important, as he is uninformed
>N-N-NINTENTODDLER!
Go ahead and boycott Nintendo. You obviously never touched anything they made in the past years
>>
>>256327813

>guy tries to help the company through methods the company is too retarded to acknowledge
>guy decides to leave
>the company doesn't care
>money still going down the drain

That was the moment to listen to new people, but Nintendo failed at that. At this point, it'll be deserved if they end up getting out of the console race.
>>
>who is known for his work with independent developers at Nintendo of America

Please elaborate.
>>
>>256327974
>>guy tries to help the company through methods the company is too retarded to acknowledge

The fuck are you talking about?
>>
>Microsoft employee criticizes consumers on twitter
>gets fired
>/v/ has a good laugh
>Nintendo employee criticizes a companies policies
>gets told not to
>he quits
>/v/ acts like their waifu was just shot in the face
>>
>>256327519

ALBW sucked ass
>>
>>256327984

Read the fucking thread. He was the middle-man between indie developers and Nintendo. He was the one trying to bring indie games to Nintendo systems. He was shut down when he tried to bring Binding of Isaac to the 3DS because Nintendo said the religious content was bad. He was shut down when he tried to bring Super Meat Boy, he was shut down when he tried to bring FEZ to the system, he was shut down when trying to bring MANY other games and he made a statement saying Region Locking was bad for the company.
>>
>>256327984

fancy way of saying he gave out devkits
>>
>>256328223
>he was shut down when he tried to bring FEZ to the system

No, Fish didn't want it on Nintendo systems in the first place.
>>
>>256327984
He's an inbetweener.
A negotiator.
He works out deals and shit.
>>
>>256327974
>im a retard
He had been there for 9 years already. He hasnt done much for nintendo aside from a few indie games that would be there anyways.

He worked for nintendo, helped them get set up a little bit on the indie dev scene and then brought up how he disagreed with how they did things.

He has no clue how big business works, all he knew is that he wanted all the indie games on wii u.

Thats not a good philosophy because youll end up filled with shovelware which is the worst for digital distribution.

He also doesnt like region lock so whatever. His opinion was probably shit anyways.
>>
>Dan Adelman was the one and only person at Nintendo that dealt with indie developers
>His departure means that he will not replaced and there will never be an indie game on Nintendo systems again

This is what NeoFAGGOTS believe.
>>
>>256328089

Nintendo has a drought of games at the moment. Between Nintendo releases, there's a gap full of NOTHING for gamers. This month, on the US, there's literally nothing being released for the Wii U. After Bayonetta 2, it'll be another two months of nothing until Smash Bros U.

The guy tried to bring the "new concept" (at least to Nintendo) of indie games, you know, cheap and made by small studios, to Nintendo systems, but was shut down by corporate suits.

He brought Trine 2, Guacamelee, Shovel Knight and many other games to the Wii U / 3DS. I can't even imagine how bad the Wii U library would be without those three titles, to be honest.
>>
>>256328098
You just explained it yourself.
He acknowledged a shortcoming, letting people know Nintendo has heard their complaints, and was treated like an ass for it.

The other guy was treating customers poorly.
>>
Why do Nintendrones rehash and spam the board with the same threads? Same shit with Smash or even if there are stickies.
>>
>>256328476
>Besides games, there is NOTHING for gamers!
>>
>>256328307

Fish didn't want it on the PS3 or PC as well and look where it ended up.

>>256328457

Because Nintendo wouldn't listen to him. Indie games for the Wii were literally an impossible concept for the company. Wii U and 3DS actually saw some indie games.
>>
>>256328223
>he made a statement saying Region Locking was bad for the company
No he didn't, when a fan said they hated region locking on twitter he basically said "me too".
>>
ITT: faggots have no idea how business actually works
>>
>>256328476
yep i personally bought a wii u to play trine 2, a game that isn't already on on every fucking system in the world
>>
>>256328476

So they'll find someone who can do the job AND not be a cunt on twitter. What a shame
>>
>There are people actually defending Nintendo for this

Truly, /v/ is NintendoGAF.
>>
>>256328638
>>256328756

God, the droning is unbelievable in this thread.
>>
>>256328904
>Trine 2 and Guacamelee are system sellers, guys! Honest!
>>
>>256326924
>Nintendo
>financial trouble
>>
He did a fantastic job at getting indie games that people are actually interested in such as No Mans Sky on the Wii U didn't he?
>>
>>256329000
>>256328638

Don't be dense. I'm not saying indie games are system sellers. Like I said, they HELP the catalog and fill the gaps between AAA releases. Don't tell me you're ok with having absolutely nothing to play between Nintendo releases.
>>
File: 1288766261707.jpg (94KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1288766261707.jpg
94KB, 600x600px
He already knew he wasnt a good PR man.

He decided to not have a public appearance for a long time simply because he cant think before he types.

Nintendo got fed up with their employee not representing them properly and there was a mutual decision that he was no longer the best person for nintendos needs and has moved on to other projects.

tl;dr ITS FUCKING NOTHING
>>
>>256329000
They're games, this is the guy who single handedly brought these games to the console and also suffered from Nintendo being ass backwards and shutting down possible games like Fez, Super Meat Boy and Binding of Isaac. I know Nintendo likes to believe they shit rainbows, but their rehashes are not enough to sustain a console.
>>
>>256327506
Oh, so it's fucking nothing.
>>
>>256329185
>this is the guy who single handedly brought these games to the console

refer to >>256328468
>>
>>256329184
TL;DR

Nintendo chased a way a good employee because they're cancerous as fuck
>>
>>256329109

Did you read the news? He tried to bring more games, but he was constantly denied by the ones above him.

>>256329184

>having integrity = "can't think before he types"
>>
>>256329183
What amazing indie games have filled the gaps between the AAA releases?

-Scram Kitty
>>
Am I supposed to know or care about this guy?
>>
So it's nothing regarding a nobody, okay.
>>
>>256328132

It was great
>>
>>256326924
LITERALLY WHO?
>>
>>256329319
Why would they stop him from doing his job?

You really think the "ones above him" would say no to No Mans Sky and yes to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sGQQ6DziDg ?
>>
This is what Nintendo does to indie developers.

>There were people whose job it was to look up addresses in Google maps to see if the business address was a home or an office building. And if it looked a little residential, they'd ask for photos. There would be e-mail threads with literally a few dozen back and forth exchanges about whether the couch in someone's office was really used for business purposes or did someone really live there? That policy, thankfully, is gone.
>>
File: 2177384-1521051_1268148465560[1].png (151KB, 1000x862px) Image search: [Google]
2177384-1521051_1268148465560[1].png
151KB, 1000x862px
Chie is a fucking slut. Just imagine the amount of sausage she had between those lips. She was probably the town bike before you came around and she was instantly lusting after your salami next.

Her phonenumber is probably all over public toilets with the annotation that she's willing to do anything for a beefbowl.

And remember those 3 guys from her S rank? As soon as you enter the train to go back home those guys probably rape her and NTR the shit out of her, turning her into a sexslave so they don't have to pay for the meat to take turns on her
>>
>>256329290
lolno

A small time indie dude whos job was nothing more than looking the web over for cool indies to bring to nintendo is not hard.

The fact he barely did that AND managed to fuck up PR is hilarious.

>/v/ loves to defend the "little guy"
>>
>>256328468
>>256329286

Oh, it definitely means someone else will take his job. And be a complete Yes Man to the company and never bring decent indie games or at least a good amount of them. It'll be someone that will say on Twitter every 6 months when a shitty japanese indie game comes over "Hey guys! This is another amazing product only us at Nintendo could bring over! Please understand we need you to buy it even though it's shit!"
>>
>>256329438
Nope, nobody does. It's just NeoGAF making a huge deal out of nothing again because it's Nintendo.
>>
Freedom of speech doesn't exist at Nintendo, apparently.
>>
>>256329506

>No Man's Sky
>not aiming at children

>Flavoured Cats
>aiming at children

Guess which one the old farts at Nintendo would prefer?
>>
>>256329536
Indie devs no longer require an office.
>>
>>256329470

It was shit
>>
>>256326924
>the 3DS couldn't surpass the original DS yet they still kill new ideas...

Oh no, it can't sell as well as best selling gaming hardware of all time!
>>
>>256329286
They'll replace him with some shit employee who does nothing but sucks Nintendo's dick and he won't be able to bring over anything of note.

Enjoy your no games, Nintendo fan.

>>256329506
Lets be clear here, you're fucking retarded if you think the Shit U can run No Man's Sky.
>>
>>256329631
If that were true then nobody are Treehouse including Trinnen would be allowed to have their own Twitter accounts.
>>
>>256329738

Did you hate LttP too? Because ALBW is just a better LttP.
>>
>>256329676
Video games are for children.
>>
>>256329597
I wonder why a bunch of people need to come over to /v/ to make threads about it. I've never noticed anyone here care about this guy before.
>>
>>256329560
>A small time indie dude whos job was nothing more than looking the web over for cool indies to bring to nintendo is not hard.

Man, you're going to be so disappointed when the few Indie games Nintendo was getting dry the fuck up now that this guy is gone. They're still lightyears behind Sony and Microsoft on this front as it is, and they'll replace Dan with some yes man.

>>256329835
>would be allowed to have their own Twitter accounts.

Did you read the article? It probably isn't even them posting.
>>
>>256329560

Stop spinning the story. The guy "barely did that" because no one would fucking let him bring more games. He also "managed to fuck up PR" because he was pro-consumer.

What a shitty employee, right, Mr. Monopoly?
>>
>>256329631
Freedom of speech isn't a thing faggot. You always earn your shit.
>>
I guess 2 threads weren't enough. Eagerly awaiting for the 4th.

So much for Nintendogaf. Sure this place is clearly biased, no hate threads against nintendo here, nuh uh.

I despise region locking with all myself but this is blowing out of proportions. At this point it's just an easy way to stir up shit.
>>
>>256329842

>better

in what way? It had a worse story with easy to spot 'twists', bland characters, a rehashed Dark World (LORULE, SO FAHNNY) and a cliched ending
>>
File: brc4dFw.jpg (32KB, 636x339px) Image search: [Google]
brc4dFw.jpg
32KB, 636x339px
>>256326924
So next Nintendo is going to fire Iwata, Miyamoto is going to either end up into forced retirement or dead, and then they'll slowly just sink into the bog of failed companies.
>>
>>256329992
>Did you read the article? It probably isn't even them posting.

You cannot be this retarded.
>>
>>256329995
>pro-consumer
>indieshit

lol
>>
>>256329781
Yeah! You need some sort of Super Charged PC.
>>
File: 1407051132813.gif (121KB, 400x274px)
1407051132813.gif
121KB, 400x274px
>guy was acting like an unprofessional asshole, shit talking Nintendo whilst working for them
>everyone is surprised when he gets fired
Gee, Sonyponies sure are mad today
>>
I love how people are saying this guy fucked over PR or screwed Nintendo over when half this thread hasn't even heard of him until now. I also like how Nintendo hasn't been trying to get indie titles so it's this guy's fault he's not winning the uphill battle. He's worked at Nintendo for nine years and got a few titles out. While it's quicker and easier to blame him, is there a possibility that Nintendo's refusal against indies in the past is what made it harder to get more indie games in the first place? It's baffling that they'll put complete bullshit on their systems but indies that make decent sales on every other system is apparently not good enough for a company struggling to fill its library.
>>
>>256327813
But he didn't get fired?
From the interview, he was one the who quit and left on good terms. He still helping Nintendo try to find an replacement for his job.
>>
>>256330135
Well, you need something more powerful than the PS3, at least.
>>
>>256330080

More non linear. Wall melding mechanic was implemented well. The depth (literal, not metaphorical) the dungeons had looked fantastic.

Honestly I was really impressed with Nintendo trying to move back towards LoZ 1's non linearity in any amount.
>>
>>256330154
They finished their movie so they're now doing their shitposting spree until the next movie comes out on their PS "Xbox One" 4.
>>
>>256328223
>He was shut down when he tried to bring Super Meat Boy, he was shut down when he tried to bring FEZ to the system,

Source on these?
>>
>>256329378

shovel knight
>>
>>256329631
Freedom of speech doesn't work the way you think it does. All it means is the government can't shut you down for speaking out against them. That's it. That's all "freedom of speech" does for anyone. Your boss can still tell you that you can't talk about cake on Twitter if he wants, and if you do, boom, roasted.
>>
>>256330154
why are you so anti-consumer? all he did was empathize with a customer, that's not shit talking that's being nice
>>
>>256330205
Don't bother talking sense into Neofaggots. They like to rewrite stories in their own minds.
>>
>>256330126
>When people started complaining that I wasn't active on Twitter anymore, it was suggested that a PR person could just post in my name

Probably not actually the real people posting. You see, Nintendo is afraid of social media.
>>
File: 1381279638951.png (212KB, 474x309px) Image search: [Google]
1381279638951.png
212KB, 474x309px
It's stupid that he left because of some innocent comment, but it's not like
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24CH9AynPio
are all going to disappear now that he left
>>
>>256329995
He barely did his job because he doesnt fucking now how to find good indie games for nintendos console.

>hurr just get what dah ps4 has dats all we need
No. Fucking hell no.

Also
>region lock
>pro-consumer
You dont know consumers very well.
>>
>>256328476
I don't buy consoles to play indie games.
>>
Why are people surprised when you talk shit about a company you work for you get fired. Microsoft does it this as well. The only company who hasn't done this yet is Sony and the only real PR they have is Yoshida firing him would probably cause a backlash. Since almost everyone likes him.
>>
>>256330154
The droning in this post is unbelievable.

Truly /v/ is NintendoGAF.

Because sympathizing with the consumer and saying Region Locking is bad is grounds for getting fired.
>>
>>256330131

No one was forcing you to buy "indie shit". It was literally just more options for the consumer. When he said Region Lock was bad in a Twitter reply to a Nintendo fan who approached him, he was being pro-consumer.
>>
>LOLOLOL ENJOY UR NO INDIES NINTENYEAROLDS

Obvious Sony pony thread. Only they think having indies on consoles means shit when you can play 99.99% of indie games worth a shit on a toaster PC.
>>
>>256330357
I guess it's just Nintendo PR people tweeting about their favorite beer, packing for conventions and sports on Trinnens Twitter account then. It's so obviously not him.
>>
>>256330342
No, he shit talked Nintendo. He deserves what he got. Nintendo are the only ones who care 100% about the costumers. Sure, the region locking is not for everyone but in the end they did it 100 FUCKING PERCENT for the customers, even if Nintendo themselves lose money with it.

>>256330495
Region locking is a positive thing, but you baby sonyponies wouldn't realize that as you are to blind to see the truth.
>>
>>256330470
I'm convinced that everyone who is using the term "talk shit" is a samefag, because it's obvious to anyone with reading comprehension that he wasn't talking shit
>>
>>256330470
>Why are people surprised when you talk shit about a company you work for you get fired

HE FUCKING SAID REGION LOCKING IS BAD. WHICH IT IS

Jesus, why are Nintendo fans DEFENDING Nintendo for this shit?
>>
>>256330495
Only he didn't get fired.
>>
File: 1396716478185.png (223KB, 318x318px) Image search: [Google]
1396716478185.png
223KB, 318x318px
>fire a guy who handles PR between indies and Nintendo
>HURR DURR NINTENDO IS KILLING NEW IDEAS

The guy they fired isn't an indie dev, or anything dev related. He's just a PR guy.

If a PR guy does or says anything remotely negative in regards to the company he's contracted to PR for, he's fired. It's that easy.

And believe it or not, PR guys are really fucking easy to replace.
>>
>Retards still think region lock was done to "fuck over consumers"

It was done to prevent reverse importing because of Japan's higher game prices.
>>
File: tumblr_n8migqG1Tg1r31gjuo1_500.jpg (109KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n8migqG1Tg1r31gjuo1_500.jpg
109KB, 500x667px
>>256330495

>Shit I don't have anything productive to say
>LE DRONE MAY MAY NINTENDOGAF
>>
>>256330257
Like my toaster. Which will run the pirated copy of NMS far away better than a shitty PS4.
>>
>>256330278

Dungeons looked good, but were way too short, too easy, and had shitty design

Tower of Hera nearly made me drop the game
>>
>>256330537
>, packing for conventions and sports on Trinnens Twitter account then. It's so obviously not him.

Yup, I'm glad you understand.
>>
>>256330625
>HE FUCKING SAID REGION LOCKING IS BAD. WHICH IT IS

Which has nothing to do with why he decided to do his own him.
>>
>>256330310

Just read the creator of Binding of Isaac interviews.
>>
>indie devs
Who cares?
>financial trouble
Yes, 10b in the bank and losing 1% of that is financial trouble.
>>
>>256327974
>methods the company is too retarded to acknowledge
Just because something seems good from the perspective of the customer doesn't mean that it has no negative side, or that the company is "too stupid" to acknowledge it.
There's a reason behind every "bad" decision every company makes.
>>
>>256330710
Go fuck yourself.
>>
File: 1407157736964.png (90KB, 499x562px) Image search: [Google]
1407157736964.png
90KB, 499x562px
Tweets that got him into trouble.
>>
>>256330728

>Way too easy
>WOOOW SHITTY DESIGN

Tower of Hera was designed just fine. Sounds like you couldn't grasp the shape. Did you have issues with the Ice Temple too?
>>
I haven't read this thread but I'm going to go out on a limb and say there's a lot of nintendo shilling in it.
>>
>>256330638
He essentially did get fired. Haven't you ever heard of an employer driving you out so you quit instead of them just flat out firing you? It's the same thing here, they took his twitter privileges away and then suggested some random dude comment on it in his place to placate his fans. They deliberately drove him out so he quit instead of Nintendo flat out firing him for this so they look better.
>>
File: 1407097100964.jpg (62KB, 500x500px)
1407097100964.jpg
62KB, 500x500px
>>256330440
FUCCKING THIS
>>
>>256330765
Nice source.
>>
>>256330535
And yet they're the ones getting Gone Homo.
It's kinda obvious Nintendo wants indies with some quality and effort put into them, not whatever shit that's also on Steam.
>>
>>256330437

"Also
>region lock
>pro-consumer
You dont know consumers very well."

The guy said "me too" when a Nintendo fan said to him "I hate Region Lock". He was pro-consumer.
>>
>>256330891
What a fucking monster. He literally said that Nintendo was literally shit, no wonder he got censored.
>>
>Adelman confirmed that he was leaving Nintendo to go independent

HOLY SHIT THE INDIE PR GUY IS GOING INDIE

STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES

He was never fire you fuckwits.
>>
>>256330935
Yup. Half of this thread is the Nintendo Defense Force damage controlling this shit.
>>
>>256330535

What part of "indies are good for filling the gaps between AAA titles" don't you understand?
>>
>>256331056

>Thread is sonyggers false flagging
>>
>>256330904

>boss key right in front of the boss door
>good design
>>
>>256330891
>Said a comment in September 2013
>Neofaggots believe these comments led him to be fired in August 2014

Why are people so stupid?
>>
>Adelman: I know there are going to be a bunch of forum comments and editorials saying, "OMG Nintendo is doomed!" but the truth is that Nintendo's indie program is in good hands. It was never really just me. There is a large group of people working on helping developers through the process and they're going to continue doing that. My understanding is that they are planning on back-filling my role. Before leaving, I put together a list of people I thought would be good candidates for the job and would be happy to provide any input they want. Having the right person in that role will be critical for the long-term health of the business, and I'm sure they're going to get someone great.

Everyone ignore this, Nintendo is doomed.
>>
>>256330989
Region lock helps consumers.

Sorry bud but I'm not about to argue for or against it. He said something contradictory to the company and he decided to stay quiet publicly after it so he wouldnt fuck up again.

Now he decided to leave of his own accord and its the worst thing nintendo has ever done.
>>
File: image.jpg (12KB, 256x211px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 256x211px
>>256331094

That would make sense on PS4 if it had AAA titles

>>256331121

How often did that
>>
>>256329770
Ps2 sold more
>>
>>256330891
Worse than Hitler.

THE GREAT AND HONORABLE NINTENDO SHOULD NOT BE SHAMED LIKE THIS
>>
>>256330728
>the second dungeon was too easy wahhh
Just stop.
>>
>>256330696

... And that totally isn't fucking over consumers in Japan, primarily, USA and Europe, right?
>>
>>256331121

I thought it was neat that the boss key in Ice Temple was possible to get immediately.
>>
>>256331176
He didn't get fired, he got censored for a year after posting that and was replaced by a PR guy, then he left
>>
>>256331197
Dan didn't say this. He was fired therefore he didn't get to choose anyone. Nintendo's indie scene is fucked.
>>
>>256330891
What games are released in the US and not japan?
>>
>>256331176
Except read up on the issue, he said himself that that is what caused him to stop working there.
>>
>>256330581
>Region locking is for the costumers
I really hope this is sarcasm.
>>
>>256331353
Try telling our NeoFriends among us that.
>>
>>256330891

What a douchebag. Why would he shit talk the company he's working for? Does he have no work ethics?
>>
>>256331325

see >>256331121

>>256331348

That was pretty cool, but the rest of the dungeon was pretty shit

>let's make it so you have to traverse narrow block paths with ice physics
>it's hard so it's good game design!!

worse than Dark Souls fans
>>
File: [tips plumber cap].gif (13KB, 18x33px) Image search: [Google]
[tips plumber cap].gif
13KB, 18x33px
>>256327729
>>
>>256331340

>USA
>Fucked by region lock

Not in the fucking slightest

There's like 1-2 games on 3DS worth owning that never came to US from Japan.

Unless you're a DQ fan in which case you're already well versed in the art of being shat on
>>
Why the fuck would you want to work at Nintendo anyways? If I worked in the industry I would never do it, it'd be like I went back in a time machine 50 years with all of Nintendo's assbackwards anti-consumer anti-developer policies.
>>
Nintendo doesn't need new ideas, it needs to make use of its existing IP:s and chug out some decent games for the crowds.
>>
>>256331484
Well he didn't get fired, but it was still a massive overreaction on Nintendo's part to censor him for a year for something as insignificant as that
>>
>>256331049

He was shut down. He wanted to bridge the gap between indies and Nintendo. Nintendo basically forced him to leave, so he went to the other side.
>>
>In the same way that a core dev studio needs a programmer, designer, artist, and sound person, I think there's also a need for a business person

Adelman confirmed for maximum jew.
>>
>>256331486

The narrow paths (snowflake blocks) weren't slippery.
>>
File: 1311361801992.png (335KB, 499x500px) Image search: [Google]
1311361801992.png
335KB, 499x500px
>heh, who needs third party anyway?
>huh, who needs sales anyway?
>uh, who needs indies anyway..?
>;_;
>>
>>256331514
People are just that eager to play Attack on Titan and Precure games.
DQ is just Square being afraid of it doing better than Final Fantasy (which it definitely would)
>>
>>256331213

>region lock helps consumers

Whats with the sudden Nintendogs idiots shiiting up /v/?
>>
>>256331646

>PS4 getting Gone Home
>GREATNESS AWAITS
>>
File: 1923098204982342.png (29KB, 585x94px) Image search: [Google]
1923098204982342.png
29KB, 585x94px
So the man single handedly got rid of all quality control?
>>
>>256327974
That depends. Is it licensing, or was it improvements of their SDK?
>>
>>256327264
Indies are now a cancer on console and handheld. Now Sony can make even less games than usual, they just give us 50 shitty indies for every one game they don't make.
>>
>>256329714
That change was prompted by him and he's gone, though.
>>
>>256331514
Region locking only really affects DQ fans which is square this fault as well. Even fucking Sega is bringing over Project Mirai.

Oh yeah it also fucks over europoors.
>>
>Nintendo has been really supportive of this move. I think everyone there has known for a while that my passion has always really been about helping the indie community develop and thrive, so even though everyone was really surprised when I gave my 2-week notice, they all understood and wished me the best. I couldn't have asked for a better sendoff.

Once again /v/ doesnt know ANYTHING about the threads material

HE QUIT FOR FUCKS SAKE
>>
>>256331701

Precure games maybe.

AoT game is BAD, just play the pretty okay browser game.
>>
>indie games
And nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>256330581
screencapped.

How's it feel beeing the retard?
>>
>>256327729

pretty sure it's an animation for losing in one of the Party games
>>
>>256331808
after getting censored for a year
>>
>>256331808
>"Iwata personally fired him." --- NeoGaf
>>
>>256331701
>Square is just afraid one of their franchises will do better than another one of their franchises

I bet that is the reason.
>>
>>256327506
>Less indies on the 3DS

How is that a bad thing? Ever since the Vita got a dedicated indie section, all Sony of Burgerland does is get more and more indie ports instead of trying to get 3rd party localisations.
>>
>>256331808
Nintendo clearly pushed him out, though. Writing is on the wall. Sure they didn't shit in his cornflakes on the way out, but Nintendo's assbackwards policies are what forced a good employee out.
>>
>>256331407
Not many as far as I know. They tend to release late of course. I always did wonder why NA and EU have zero trouble releasing games in Japan if there is even a tiny bit of interest when we have to beg the nips to let us play there games.
>>
>>256331240
PS2 numbers are extremely sketchy at best. While it did sold a shit ton, for many, many years Sony has combined the sales of the PS2 and PS3 together making it quite hard to have an actual solid number. They also added PS4 to the recently.

At least Nintendo has something remotely detailed like this:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/library/historical_data/pdf/consolidated_sales_e1406.pdf
>>
File: wii wii u and gc games.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
wii wii u and gc games.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
>white english person leaves nintendo

and literally nothing of value was lost. nintendo of america doesn't make fucking video games. the japs who don't even speak our language do.

although i do agree nintendo has been backwards as fuck since yamauchi died and since wii sports/wii fit sales has absolutely ruined nintendo and showed them that games they put 0 effort in can sell 100 million copies if they are super duper casual (ie quality of life coming out)
>>
>>256326924
Good. He was probably a Sonygger in disguise who infiltrated Nintendo to destroy it from within.
>>
>>256331727

Hey don't talk smack. If it wasn't for him, we wouldn't have never gotten such classics as The Letter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u39AmLJRw6Y
>>
>>256331846
Enjoy all those games in between your Nintendo rehashes.

Like uh.....

Hmm....

That one...

No.

Right, no games at all.
>>
>>256331230

What the fuck does Playstation have to do with anything?

Are you autistic?
>>
>>256327178
>Now I am not saying Nintendo is right on this one
That's exactly what you are implying though. You are discrediting the guy and sucking Nintendo's lazy lepper dick as usual.

Nothing new, Nintendrones gonna drone and drink Iwata's semen.
>>
>>256329183
Thats wrong. For them to fill the gap, you need the games to be good, and for the retailer system(eshop in this case) to do massive advertisement.
>>
>>256331514
>Unless you're a DQ fan in which case you're already well versed in the art of being shat on

To be Reggie is to experience suffering.
>>
>>256331808

>Hey, you'll be censored for an year and if you want to talk to fans on Twitter, we'll have to put a PR guy to talk in your place, ok?
>Oh, by the way, all these projects you wanna bring over? They're not coming. Why? Because Nintendo. Please understand we don't like money.

What a great place to work! I don't know why he wanted to leave...
>>
>>256332054
Name an indie game.
Trick question, you can't, none of them are games.
>>
>>256331727
He fought to make Nintendo's console actually attractive to Indie developers. He essentially did damage control with Nintendo after they fucked everything up with Indies on the Wii.

Nintendo needs these indie devs, considering they do not get any third party titles. If they lose Indie support then on the Wii U there will be literally NOTHING in between Nintendo's own releases. If we're getting to this point you have to question why Nintendo is making home consoles at all.
>>
Still waiting for someone to show what good indie games he brought to Nintendo systems.

Shovel Knight would have made it regardless of his efforts as WayForward people have been close to Nintendo for many years.
>>
File: ok.jpg (166KB, 466x525px) Image search: [Google]
ok.jpg
166KB, 466x525px
>gets his ass fired because of bad PR
>first thing he does afterwards is make more bad PR, complete with sarcastic tweet and 'innocent victim' interview

Have fun never getting hired by a video game company ever again.
>>
>>256332054
Yeah, I'm really missing out on great titles coming out in this time on other consoles.
Oh wait.
>>
File: Meanwhile at Japan.jpg (35KB, 614x345px) Image search: [Google]
Meanwhile at Japan.jpg
35KB, 614x345px
>>256332054
>Super Mario Sunshine
>rehash
>>256328857

and Uncharted 2 is a rehash
>>
I vaguely recall this guy from last year and honestly I had no clue who he was until now.

Actually, I still don't know who he is. What games did he even work on?
>>
>>256331936
You say that now, but where will you be with no
cubit the robot
1001 spikes
colors! 3D
Grinsia
Bike Rider DX
Jett Rocket II: The Wrath of Taikai
Coaster Creator 3D
Plain Video Poker
>>
>>256332249
>Nintendo needs these indie devs

Yes we need more amazing experiences like The Letter and Mr Sunshine Cat or whatever the fuck it was called.
>>
>>256331980

>bought Game & Wario
>think you're allowed to talk about what's good and what's not

L oving
E very
L augh
>>
>>256332249
But indies are 95% shit with the occasional good one unless you want to buy minigames all the time instead of actual games.
>>
>>256331967
this is the same mentality that victimized feminists say when they claim to be "literally raped" by something that didn't even involve physical contact. Gorilla Hernandez has been raped 7 times.
>>
File: 1397041897765.png (27KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
1397041897765.png
27KB, 501x585px
>>256327806
>so after the region locking comment they just said I needed to stop completely. When people started complaining that I wasn't active on Twitter anymore, it was suggested that a PR person could just post in my name.

>B-BUT MUH NINTENDO ARE THE GOOD GUYS!

Disgusting, slit eyed jews. Even worse than Sony.
>>
>>256332276

he's indie now

he hired himself to do his own PR
>>
>>256332276

You never know, EA or Bioware might hire him. He seems like their kind of people.
>>
>>256332248
Shovel Knight, Guacamelee, Mighty Switch Force the list goes on.

Enjoy not getting those games anymore.

>>256332278
They're games. If the Wii U is literally waiting months in between single releases and is only getting that game for that month then why the FUCK is Nintendo still making home consoles? At this point Nintendo consoles are a prison for Nintendo games.
>>
>>256332383
Oh no, no 1001 Spikes? Whatever shall I do? Guess I'll go back to playing Dream Team while I wait for Smash and ORAS.
>>
>>256332027

>expects quality of a game that literally costs a single dollar

No, you're the reaper, John.
>>
>>256328457
>He also doesnt like region lock so whatever. His opinion was probably shit anyways.
That's it, I'm out.
I can handle most things but Nintendogaf has degraded to the point where disliking a severe anticonsumer policy is now a bad thing. Fuck you guys.
>>
>>256332538
>ex-Wayforward devs, very close to Nintendo
>Meme shit
>Wayforward, very close to Nintendo
>>
>>256332276
Thankfully other video game companies aren't as cancerous as Nintendo.
>>
>>256332256

The guy was around the company for 9 years. He probably was the one who strengthened WayForward and Nintendo's ties.
>>
>>256326924
who ? and what games did the guy make?
>>
>>256332445

Game & Wario has it's moments.
>>
>>256332538
>Wayforward
>never coming back to Nintendo
Pfffft.
I've already played Metroid and Castlevania, what would I lose not playing Mextroid?
>>
File: 1403201415849.jpg (95KB, 1010x1036px)
1403201415849.jpg
95KB, 1010x1036px
>there are people on /v/ right now defending this shit

That't not even Neogaf-tier droning, this is some 2011 bioware forum shit.
>>
>>256332383
Oh no, all those great games I could have been playing instead of weebshit like Fire Emblem, Atlus RPGs and Rune Factory.
>>
>>256332276
Sup!
Cliffy B here. I'm going to hire that guy and pay him double what Nintendo did.
>>
>>256332694
And what? Just because he's gone, Wayforward will never release a game on Nintendo platforms again?
>>
You guys are so fucking stupid.
>hurr without him indies would NEVER EVER be on nintendo

"Hey, I'd love to take credit for every successful indie game on our system, but that would be really unfair to the developers. Yacht Club Games were the ones putting in 100-hour work weeks for months on Shovel Knight. For me to jump in and give myself credit for their success would be totally disingenuous. I gave some small suggestions here and there about their release timing, I helped them out by plugging them into a few marketing initiatives"

He does nothing but marketing.
>/v/ actually defending a marketer

The ONLY thing he did right was open nintendos system up a little more. Make it easier to deploy indie games on.
>>
File: 1379739983240.jpg (10KB, 137x130px)
1379739983240.jpg
10KB, 137x130px
>>256332538

>WF not making another eShop game because someone got fired

are you for real
>>
>>256332829
>Wayforward will never release a game on Nintendo platforms again?

Well, they fucked over someone who was probably a good friend of theirs. So possibly.
>>
QUICK SEND NINTENDO A CARD!
>>
>>256332508
Asian here, Sony region lock forces us to play $75 for a $40 game on PSN. Nintendo allows us to pay $45 for a $40 game on the eShop.

Why do you think the Vita struggles, even here? Also, Sony of Asia are run by braindead retards that don't know which Asian country speaks which language.
>>
File: 1390840253222.png (19KB, 586x228px) Image search: [Google]
1390840253222.png
19KB, 586x228px
>>256332637
Actually, other video game companies fire people over completely harmless jokes. Pic related.
>>
>>256330535

I don't buy indies on home consoles but I do buy some on handhelds, some of them are good timesinks to play on the go.

Nintendo must've been doing something wrong because the Wii U gets more indie games than the 3ds. This is not how it should work.
>>
File: 1403711229520.gif (2MB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1403711229520.gif
2MB, 300x200px
>there are people defending and downplaying this

holy fucking shit
>>
>>256332923
And by no longer releasing games on Nintendo platforms they will fuck over most of their "fanbase" that are mostly on said platforms.
>>
File: 1349983277548.jpg (312KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1349983277548.jpg
312KB, 1200x800px
>Nintendo chases away third party games
>With this, Nintendo chases away indie developers

"We only need Nintendo games on our platform. There's nothing wrong with waiting months on end to get a new game for our home console that just ends up being a shitty rehash anyways".

Good on ya, Nintendo.
>>
I'm a PC+Nintendo friend, and I hate Nintendo's online policies.
The eshop is a fucking joke, and they have no idea what they're doing.

The fact that the binding of isaac was rejected pretty much sums up why I can't stand Nintendo's eshop policies. Like the game or not, denying it because it could be "offensive" is backwards, childish, and fucking stupid.
>>
>all /v/ has to bash nintendo is the indie guy moving onto bigger projects

Yeah yeah nintendoomed whatever.
Too bad he already lined up a bunch of stuff for them before he left.
>>
>>256333024
That's different. That was actually offensive to Sony and Vita owners.
>>
>>256326924
>They're in financial trouble right now
Nope. They'll be alright
>>
File: 1352592230893.jpg (29KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1352592230893.jpg
29KB, 500x500px
Why even care?

Wii U is dead in the water anyway and the 3DS a Pokemon/MonHun machine.
>>
>>256333082
I'm sure Shovel knight sold like shit on Wii U and 3DS and the Steam sales trumped it easily. Way Forward does not need Nintendo. To be honest Nintendo should be lucky they get indie games at all, and with this guy gone they probably won't.
>>
>>256333074
Defending what? He's an indie PR guy who left. He wasn't fired or anything.
>>
Nintendo is still alive? Sorry I'm part of the master race so I don't really read news regarding toys.
>>
>>256333192
>being offensive to Sony and Vita owners
>a bad thing

Can you stop with the funny logic already?
>>
>>256333330
you're a big guy
>>
>>256333074
I still don't know what is actually going on since nobody is posting any information.
WTF was this guys actual job.
And what did he do over the years?
>>
>>256328457
You are so ignorant I want to punch you. Holy shit you embody whats wrong with most nintendo fans
>>
>>256333238
>Wii U is dead in the water anyway

Sure sure. We can all enjoy the fine quality games on the Pay4Playstation instead right?
>>
>>256333248
>I'm sure Shovel knight sold like shit on Wii U

Are you sure about that?

>Wozniak: Across all platforms it's exceeding expectations.

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/234432-shovel-knight-exceeding-sales-expectations-shovel-knight-2-under-consideration

>b-b-b-b-b-but he's just saying that!!!! Wii U sales are shit!!!!!
>>
>>256332054
why bother posting
>>
File: 20140803014025-670x376.jpg (42KB, 670x376px) Image search: [Google]
20140803014025-670x376.jpg
42KB, 670x376px
>>256332637
you should kill yourself sonygger
>>
>>256333238
Agreed. He's jumping ship while theres lifeboats still left.
>>
>Nintendo always have an huge indie hyperlink on Wii U eshop page every fucking week
>Nintendo features indie games several times on their Treehouse stream even less hyped ones like "Affordable Space Adventures"
>Nintendo features Shovel Knight on their stream and does a challenge with it even though it's not one of their games
>Whenever Nintendo shows a reel of eshop games indie games are heavily feature while Nintendo games are feature very briefly
>Nintendo uploads all the indie game trailers on their own youtube page

B-b-b-b-b-but Nintendo hates dah indie and without Adelman, nintendo will never have them again.
>>
>>256333523
>Wozniak: Across all platforms it's exceeding expectations.

Yup, and the Wii U's expectations were low as shit.

Mark my words, the Steam version at LEAST quadrupled Wii U sales of the game. You see, people outside of Nintendo actually appreciate good Indie titles. Threads like this proves that Nintendo fans do not.
>>
>wahh region lock

Shut up /v/ If you wanted to play jap games youd get a jap console.

Ever wonder why you HAVE to import all you shit weeb games for your ps3/4/vita?
Region lock hurts localization.
>>
File: 1362316830725.jpg (96KB, 625x790px) Image search: [Google]
1362316830725.jpg
96KB, 625x790px
>>256333516
>B-BUT SONY!
Every time.
>>
File: NeoGAF1393347471371.jpg (429KB, 951x629px) Image search: [Google]
NeoGAF1393347471371.jpg
429KB, 951x629px
>>256333648
>>
File: 1404140713024.jpg (12KB, 268x268px) Image search: [Google]
1404140713024.jpg
12KB, 268x268px
>>256333308
>I'm part of the master race
>>
>>256328546
>nintendrones fault
that's Ruggarell and Tumblr's job
>>
>>256331975

Sony itself said around 155 mil consoles were shipped. In fact PS2 consoles are still being manufactured in third world countries, shit's crazy. That's why the last report still included PS2 numbers.
>>
>>256333724
Not even the same guy, but a claim without proof is worth nothing
>>
>Indie PR
Oh, I almost cared
>>
>>256333724
>Wii U's expectations were low as shit.

Really? I'd love to read where they said that. I'll wait.
>>
>>256333724
>50 million users
>5 million users

No way.
Youre some kind of genius to realize that steam gets more sales than EVERY OTHER PLATFORM
>>
File: 2801.gif (346KB, 250x227px) Image search: [Google]
2801.gif
346KB, 250x227px
>>256333516
Nigga I own a Wii U myself and it's pretty much dead.

But yeah
>b-but muh SONYGGER ;_;
>>
File: 1382288149646.png (127KB, 300x285px) Image search: [Google]
1382288149646.png
127KB, 300x285px
>>256333724

>the Steam version at LEAST quadrupled Wii U sales of the game
>>
>>256333756

Because it usually is.
>>
>>256333724
>and the Wii U's expectations were low as shit.

Why would that be when Wii U software sales are usually decent?
>>
>>256333902
It doesn't need to be said, it's obvious that it was.

Nintendo fans only buy Nintendo games, this is a stone cold fact at this point. The expectations for the Wii U version of the game were obviously miniscule.
>>
>Adelman: I know there are going to be a bunch of forum comments and editorials saying, "OMG Nintendo is doomed!" but the truth is that Nintendo's indie program is in good hands. It was never really just me. There is a large group of people working on helping developers through the process and they're going to continue doing that. My understanding is that they are planning on back-filling my role. Before leaving, I put together a list of people I thought would be good candidates for the job and would be happy to provide any input they want.

>hates region lock
>wants more indies
>predicted the nintendoomed
He knows the internet, thats for sure.
>>
>>256330440
no but apparently with nintendo you buy then to collect dust
>>
>Vita is region free
>Vita ded

>3DS region locked
>3DS alive and kicking

check
and
mate
>>
File: 1342728336002.jpg (32KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1342728336002.jpg
32KB, 300x300px
WHO THE FUCK IS THIS GUY AND WHY THE SHITPOSTERS IN THE THREAD CLAIMING WE'RE DEFENDING PRETENTIOUS INDIE SHIT?
>>
>Nintendo tells third party developers to fuck off
>Nintendo tells indie developers to fuck off with this news.

Nintendo is killing themselves, and to anyone with taste instead of being sad they're laughing their asses off.
>>
>Wii u not selling
>Nintendo posts loss of 94million
>people jumping ship

Good fuck Nintendo. Tired of the Nintendo fanboys on here.
>>
>>256330527
>No one was forcing you to buy "indie shit"

No, but it stains the fucking shop with fucking garbage. Christ it's almost impossible to not get eye cancer looking through steams shop.
>>
>>256334084
Still waiting for that source.
>>
Literally who?
>>
>>256326924
>3DS couldn't surpass the original DS
And PS3 and 4 couldn't surpass PS2, the greatest console of all time.
>>
>>256334084
>Nintendo fans only buy Nintendo games

If that were the case we would have a fuckton of great IPs. But Nintendofans are kinda autistic and buy only stuff with muh merio on the cover.
>>
>>256334084
>this is a stone cold fact

Provide proof, then.
>>
>Adelman say's in the interview "Don't panic internet, Nintendo isn't doomed"
>Everyone on the internet proceeds to say Nintendo is doomed.
>>
>>256334238

I think you're mixing proper indie games with early access shit. They're different.
>>
>>256333567
Holy shit that's disgusting.
>>
>>256334084
Nah mate.

If that was true the popular games on miiverse would be mostly indie stuff.
>>
File: 1403142924028.jpg (60KB, 376x425px) Image search: [Google]
1403142924028.jpg
60KB, 376x425px
>>256334174
>Hitler hated jews
>Hitler ded

>America liked jews
>America alive and kicking

check
and
mate
>>
>>256331116
>Blame people blindly defending Nintendo on Sony fans
>>
>>256334304
>Activision didn’t expect much from Wii U sales of Black Ops 2, but they sure didn’t expect it to be that abysmal. Activision gave Wii U owners the best version of Blops 2 with Off TV features, and Nintendo fans didn’t support it. It’s easy for Nintendo fans to trash publishers for not giving them ports, but publishers have wisened up. They realize Nintendo fans are all talk. Nintendo fans are vocal with their mouths, but when it’s time to open their wallets, they’ll spend that $60 on New Super Mario Bros instead.

Hall’s source went on to voice his opinion that developers at D.I.C.E. remain unimpressed by the Wii U, echoing a sentiment similar to another report from D.I.C.E. that surfaced a few weeks ago.

>There’s just no enthusiasm for it. The only reason publishers are still going to bring games to Wii U is because they don’t want to damage their relationship with Nintendo.
>>
>>256334281
The PS Vita can't even surpass the PSP. It's not even remotely close to PSP number unlike the 3DS.
>>
>>256326924
>giving a fuck about indies
>on a nintendo console

literally nobody gives a shit about indies on nintendos consoles, I only buy that shit to play nintendo games, thats it.
>>
>guy draws a paycheck from nintendo
>talks shit about them
>is surprised when he is told to not go on twitter
>>
>>256334381
>proper indie games

"proper" AKA "the ones that I don't find shit"

Same shit.
>>
>>256331213
Yeah, when I imported SMT Strange Journey for the DS (because it wasn't region locked) I was fucked over completely by how region free it was.
>>
>>256334530
>>256334281
B-B-B-BUT SONY!
>>
>>256334458
>Nintendoomsayers are also racists

No surprise here.
>>
With this news and the fact Hyrule Warriors will only have local co-op, I might sell my Wii U... It's a shame, but Nintendo is doing everything in their power to alienate the consumers.
>>
>>256334486
You forgot the most important part

>Update: It turns out that this story by ‘Calvin Hall’ was fabricated.
>>
Nintendo didn't do anything wrong. Stop insulting them, they are the savior of gaming. You are just a HATER. Fuck you.
>>
>>256334486
The best version and still didn't put out with DLC that pretty much helped make that version a dead.
>>
>>256334458
>Hitler hated jews

Nah, not really.

>america alive

Uh, sure.

>kicking

lol, is that because they can't roll themselves into standing position?
>>
>>256328307
>needles about anything untoward I might say. And every once in a while, I’d give an answer that people didn’t like, and some people would freak out, so they tried to scale things back. First they had me do interviews with someone from PR or marketing. Later they just decided that I shouldn’t be in the press at all anymore.”
>Why is Nintendo so backwards? They're in financial trouble right now with the Wii U and the 3DS couldn't surpass the original DS yet they still kill new ideas...

Nintendo is too mainstream for Hipster Fish
>>
>guy quits his job, voices his opinion on why he decided to leave his position
>currently still working with Nintendo to find a suitable replacement
>somehow this implies that the company and the guy are on bad terms

if nintendo hated the guy they wouldn't let him help find a replacement

if the guy hated nintendo he wouldn't be willing to help them find a replacement
>>
File: to the Sonygger Tumblrites.jpg (233KB, 1270x715px) Image search: [Google]
to the Sonygger Tumblrites.jpg
233KB, 1270x715px
>>256330154
Sonytumblronies are still mad at Jihad Jon's comment on PS4. Now they are trying to find a bad news about Ninty and Microsoft so they can start shitting back again

truly a bunch of globally hated retards
>>
>>256333727
The Vita gets a ton of localizations despite the region lock.

It's not all about import jap shit. Ask all those yuros how did they enjoy RF4 on their yuro 3ds.

Region lock is a cancer and needs to go.
>>
>>256334659
>Nintendo is doing everything in their power to alienate the consumers

You must admit they are doing a great job with that. Not as great as Microsoft with E3 2013 but still pretty decent.
>>
File: 1406751522230.gif (967KB, 245x180px) Image search: [Google]
1406751522230.gif
967KB, 245x180px
>>256334638
>defending jews
>>
>>256326924
Nintendo is ran by old obstinate men.
>>
File: WII-U-SINKING-2.jpg (73KB, 948x270px) Image search: [Google]
WII-U-SINKING-2.jpg
73KB, 948x270px
>>256326924
>leaving a sinking ship.
>>
>all this nintendoomed
>so many people didnt even read the interview
>hes still on great terms with nintendo and they will continue to help each other
>>
File: 1349816984535.jpg (39KB, 210x299px) Image search: [Google]
1349816984535.jpg
39KB, 210x299px
>>256334659
This shit doesn't make sense to me, the Dynasty Warriors of games has it, why the fuck would Nintendo remove it?

I'd suggest that yeah, you sell your Wii U. Thing is shit and Nintendo doesn't deserve anyone's business.
>>
File: 1363915209790.jpg (33KB, 383x636px) Image search: [Google]
1363915209790.jpg
33KB, 383x636px
>>256334893
>not realizing Zionists and NWO only hide behind Jewry to trick the unwashed masses
>>
>>256332027
What a scintillating tale. Holy shit.
>>
>>256335047

I know, it's like I'm back in the PS2 days. No online...
>>
Just some no-name asshole trying to get famous by shitting on Nintendo. Is this really how low the "NINTENDOOOOOOM!" idiots are going now? Bottom of the barrel.
>>
File: Avtr.png (191KB, 388x316px)
Avtr.png
191KB, 388x316px
>work for a business
>shittalk business while working for business
>get told not to shittalk business while working for business
>quit

How is this news?
>>
>>256334893
What's to defend? They are literally less than dirt. They are nothing.
>>
File: 1405929027094.jpg (33KB, 400x384px)
1405929027094.jpg
33KB, 400x384px
>>256335161
For me it's like the N64 days: I play on PC.
>>
File: 1380235310965.gif (2MB, 230x250px) Image search: [Google]
1380235310965.gif
2MB, 230x250px
>>256335161
But anon. The PS2 had more online features than the Wii U and this isn't even hyperbole.
>>
>>256335161
The PS2 seriously had better online than the Wii U.

The Wii U's online is that bad.
>>
>>256334281
It's true, PS2 is the GREATEST console ever made and Sony can't make another great system since.
>>
>>256335385

Fuck, it's true. Monster Hunter 1 for the PS2 had 4 player online co-op...
>>
>>256335385
What online features does it have?
>>
>>256335501
My friends are playing MK8 as we speak, zero issues.

Wii U online works fine.
>>
Is Nintendo aware that Platinum wants Bayonetta 2 to have online co-op?

Someone better tell them, Nintendo will want that removed because "ONLINE IS SCAWY"
>>
>>256335569

I know, right...
>>
>>256335501
>>256335385
>have to by a peripheral just to go online
>no digital shop
>no online community to see whats new and popular
Nope

They share the fact that so few games actually support it
>>
>Guy decided to leave Nintendo on good terms and in good hands

Why is Neo/v/ making a big deal out of this again?
>>
>>256326924

>guy has shit ideas
>company tells them his shitty ideas are shit
>NAH MAN IM G8, U JUS DONT REALIZE!!!!!

and nothing of value was loss.
>>
>>256335738
>Nintendo made the most-sold online playable console game last gen
>hurr Nintendo hates internet!
>>
File: 1315372621774.png (103KB, 665x598px) Image search: [Google]
1315372621774.png
103KB, 665x598px
>>256335569
And so does Monster hunter 3U.

Is there some joke I'm not getting here.
>>
>>256333238
>b-but Virtual Boy!
>b-but Dreamcast!
>N-nintendo should drop the assets and move to PC and iOS
>Z-Zelda on PS4 is a good thing
>forgetting WiiU is Gamecube 2.0
your wet dream ain't gonna happen any day faggot.
>>
>>256335385
>and this isn't even hyperbole
Yes it is you fucking mongol

Wii U
>Netflix
>Hulu
>Miiverse
>WiiTV
>EShop
>Online Games

PS2
>Online games
>>
>>256335569
Just like the Wii and Wii U

stop
>>
>Sonygger vs Nintendo thread #3

go back to neogaf
>>
File: mario-kart-8-full.png (756KB, 800x536px) Image search: [Google]
mario-kart-8-full.png
756KB, 800x536px
>>256335923
Wait a minute, I realized that Nintendo also made the most-sold online playable console game this gen.
>>
>>256335569
Monster Hunter for PS4 lack both offline and online modes.
>>
>>256328476

Maybe if indie games weren't so shit, then corporate would allow more indie games.
>>
Y'all niggas posting in a bait thread.
>>
>>256326924
>Muh euphoric opinions
>Fuck money, I just want to express muh uhpinyuns

Dan's retarded, basically.

Are you retarded? Go see if Nintendo's hiring!
>>
>>256336083
Go back to preschool, Nintenyearold.
>>
>>256333567
now that's fucking retarded.

>tfw Sony fans are gonna defend this crap like EA fans
>>
File: bushlol.jpg (24KB, 232x273px) Image search: [Google]
bushlol.jpg
24KB, 232x273px
>>256336149
rekt
>>
Aside from Shovel Knight, Nintendo was making their best indie games first/second party anyway. Pushmo, Crashmo, Chibi Robo Photo Finder, Steel Diver Sub Wars, and NES Remix 1+2 were like the only ones worth buying.
>>
>>256335923
Nintendo does hate online.

Literally the only reason Mario Kart and Smash has it is because even they can't get away with those particular games not having it.

My post was half a joke but I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo is pissed that Bayonetta 2 has online co-op.

>Dynasty Warriors has online co-op
>Suddenly, Hyrule Warriors does not.

You're a retard if you think this wasn't a Nintendo decision.
>>
File: 1406508446249.jpg (101KB, 399x388px) Image search: [Google]
1406508446249.jpg
101KB, 399x388px
>>256336107
>this gen
>>
>>256335997
>>Netflix
>>Hulu
No online services.

>>Miiverse
A glorified internet browser hardly counts.

>>WiiTV
Literally who?

>>EShop
Shop=/=Service

>>Online Games
Such as...?
>>
>>256336296
>Nintendo does hate online.

Nah, dude, nah.
I buy all my Wii U games digitally. Works like a charm.
>>
>>256335501
Is the online actually bad like you keep on being disconnected, slow download times, no responsive eshop, lag, bad matchmaking, long wait times, etc or is just the game you want to have online don't have online shoehorn into them? I mean I have had no problem with my Wii U when I use it online. I only been disconnected off Mario Kart 8 once and thats was only on the launch date.

Outside of gaming, my Wii U has been a far better media center than PS3 ever was. Plex works extremely well with the system.
>>
>>256336107
>This gen

You posted a 7th gen game, tho.

>>256336215
The PSNow is in beta and in the future could be a very interesting thing.

There's nothing really to defend here.
>>
>>256336296
What's Nintendo got to do with Hyrule Warriors? Are you just pretending to be retarded?
>>
>>256328476
>I can't even imagine how bad the Wii U library would be without those three titles, to be honest

Haha holy shit. Both Guacamelee and SK are so fucking awful the Wii U is already better off with Super Metroid and Super Mario World. Fucking hipster faggots.
>>
>>256330125

>failed company
>been around for over 100 years

that's actually a great success for a company to live as long as they have.
>>
>>256336296
Hyrule warriors has an online mode, just not co op. Check its website.
>>
From his site:

>"I’m often viewed as the main person behind Nintendo’s indie strategy and that without me, there would be no indie push by Nintendo. Although that may have been the case in the early days, in recent years the business has grown, and more and more groups have been established to take up the mantle. While my core team of awesome folks (shout out to Scott, Luke, and Shannon!) and I did everything from handle the operations to the marketing to reaching out to new developers, in the last few years whole new teams of people responsible for each of those areas have been formed. People at Nintendo don’t need to be reminded that indie games are important. They play them every day. In fact, one of the reasons I decided to leave was that there were fewer and fewer new battles to wage. Everyone was getting on the same page and starting to work together like a well-oiled machine. What fun is getting into an argument if the other person already agrees with you?"

It's over, Nintendo is doomed.
>>
>>256334458
Actually, the Us didn't much care for Jews during the second world war. The writing was on the wall about the holocaust but the US made no overtures of collecting refugees. It probably would have taken much longer for the US to enter the war had it not been for the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor.

Rather, support for Jews came later after the war and can be pointed at the CIA (and we might be able to point the brunt of the effort at Angleton) who worked to get the US on Israel's side to develop a conservative foothold in the middle East using "God's Chosen People" the Jews.

Either that or you can blame the popularity of musicals and movies but that's not really the point here.
>>
>>256336296
DW8 on PC doesn't have online coop, for fuck's sake.

Blame Koei.
>>
>>256336407
They like that form of online, because it nets them more money.

It's clear they absolutely hate online multiplayer.
>>
File: the shit i have to put up with.jpg (5KB, 116x189px) Image search: [Google]
the shit i have to put up with.jpg
5KB, 116x189px
>>256333946
>no list of games owned
>no screencap of WiiU and PC/another console along with the games
>no timestamp
sure you're pretty believable
>>
why do people defend nintendo with their lives? I've fallen off the nintendo-feel-good train about a decade ago and seeing how it was headed to auschwitz seems like it was a good idea.
>>
>>256336681
I dunno. Why do people spend their lives making false stories up about Nintendo?
>>
File: i-dunno-lol.png (74KB, 499x362px) Image search: [Google]
i-dunno-lol.png
74KB, 499x362px
>>256336590
Playing online also works like a charm on my Wii U.

Maybe you should find out how to set up your internet connection properly.
>>
File: Another_day_in_russia.jpg (144KB, 648x434px) Image search: [Google]
Another_day_in_russia.jpg
144KB, 648x434px
>>256336556
>Job is not to improve devkits
>But to call people, so he can send over devkits
>mfw
>>
>>256336562
explain why America is run by them then
>>
>>256336493
Uh..how about the fact that Zelda is their IP?

Yes, it is not being developed by Nintendo. But when the same game without Zelda characters has online co-op but suddenly, when they make a game with characters created by Nintendo it does not then you're a retard if you think that decision was not something made by Nintendo. What possible reason would there be for it to be removed otherwise? Nintendo just doesn't want Hyrule Warriors to have online co-op.

>>256336541
It's more than likely a whole lot of nothing.
>>
>>256336681
Consider this: People don't give a fuck about nintendo, they do however like to shit on poor arguments and people.
>>
>>256335879
it's a daily NintenDOOMED thread.
>>
>>256336816
What America is run by niggers. They're the real hidden geniuses that are subverting our culture. Where have you been?
>>
>>256326924
Who?
>>
>>256333192
>Vita owners.

but anon...
>>
>>256336296
>Nintendo does hate online.
They don't really hate online, they just try to push local more.
>>
File: do I look like I give a fuck.gif (3MB, 299x200px) Image search: [Google]
do I look like I give a fuck.gif
3MB, 299x200px
>>256336681
>why do people defend nintendo with their lives?

To me, it looks more like people just refuse the indoctrination to hate Nintendo.
>>
File: sad-mario.jpg (99KB, 640x420px) Image search: [Google]
sad-mario.jpg
99KB, 640x420px
>>256336927
it's ogre for nintendo
>>
>>256336761
you don't need false stories, just look at their track record.

>>256336859
I don't follow, are you saying it's easy to defend nintendo?
>>
>>256333140

But this applies to every system currently.

What are the PS4 and Xbone getting this year? Driveclub, Sunset Overdrive and.....
>>
>>256337072
Local multiplayer is for people with no friends, so it really does appeal to the nintendo fanbase.
>>
>>256337072
Can they not push both?

Do they not realize that online is EXTREMELY important to people and that consistently ignoring it in favor of local is doing nothing but pissing people off and causing them to lose money? Is Nintendo really this retarded?
>>
>>256337123
>are you saying it's easy to defend nintendo?

Not him, but I will say that. Nintendo still is the greatest of all video game companies.
>>
>>256337207
Hey! Don't you forget Assasin Creed Unity and Madden NFL 15! Multiplats, fuck yeah motherfucker. Cry bitter tears Ninfag.
>>
>>256337227
they're scared of online which, with the miiverse, seems contradictory. But it's telling how their first major online game came a year and a half after the console's fucking launch.
>>
File: 1383795295456.jpg (18KB, 300x400px)
1383795295456.jpg
18KB, 300x400px
>>256337332
>Nintendo still is the greatest of all video game companies.
>>
>>256337207
Assassins Creed Unity
Batman Arkham Knight
Alien Isolation
Call of Duty Advanced Warfare
The Division
>>
File: 1394131975795.png (290KB, 566x720px) Image search: [Google]
1394131975795.png
290KB, 566x720px
>People don't want Twitch, they don't like watching people play video games
>People don't want online multiplayer

Why must Nintendo say these laughably incorrect statements instead of just telling the truth? Please don't tell me what I want, Nintendo. It's the main reason why I DON'T want any of your products and take my business elsewhere.
>>
>>256337227
If you can just hop online and play a game instead of taking the time and effort to go to their place, what would you rather do?

People call Nintendo just another company, the fact is these guys actually care. They were kids once, they are gamers themselves and they try to influence the younger generation as well.
I mean, look at their Quality of Life shit. You think that's "just business"?
No, they actually care and they want kids to play together, not online
>>
>>256337123
>are you saying...

I'm saying what I wrote. Learn to read.
>>
>>256337332
but how about this:
Nintendo (when it wants to) makes amazing games.
Nintendo has shit policies and a bad console.
>>
>>256337505
why dont you try and prove him wrong?
>>
>>256336378
>>WiiTV
>Literally who?

WiiTV is the Wii U's social tv integration feature. It's like going to /tv/ but with polls and no pedo.
>>
>>256337505
Name one company that's greater.
>>
>>256337543
>Watching people play video games is fun!

You know what's better? Playing them
>>
>>256337213
Most assbackwards comment ever.
>>
>>256337543
>wanting twitch
>wanting to watch people play videogames

You can do that shit on your fucking PC, casual scum.
>>
>>256337505

They are the best, but it's of course in a "lesser-evil" kind of way.
>>
>>256337524

So everything I can play on a PC, and with spending zero dollars and zero cents on and will have better graphics and framerate?

you sure showed me anon.
>>
>>256337583
you got it buck-a-roo

>>256337524
I think he's talking about sclusies, also the division got pushed to next year.
>>
>>256326924
Basically the man wanted to do something new, but Nintendo became furious and told him we will never change and continue shelling out repetitive games that are nearly the same every year, since they know their drones will buy it.
>>
>>256329286
Why are you guys assuming Nintendo is going to naturally have some strong indie initiative?

They never did in the past, and the person responsible for the changes and openness that was coming to Nintendo is, quite literally, solely this person.
>>
>>256337332
>Nintendo still is the greatest of all video game companies.

Wow...

>>256337558
>If you can just hop online and play a game instead of taking the time and effort to go to their place, what would you rather do?

If my buddy is at my place or it's a particular game where playing the game in person would be better, we'll do it. There doesn't need to be a choice here. Nintendo needs to realize that people have friends that are great distances from each other. Nintendo's policy is basically "fuck those people, just go to his house", well Nintendo, he lives halfway across the fucking country. I'd like to play a Nintendo game with him but you will not let me.

>>256337716
>>256337782
I don't even use Twitch that often, but saying that no one wants it is laughably incorrect. Nintendo should just tell the truth and either say the Wii U can't handle it or they just personally do not want it. People CLEARLY want Twitch and they CLEARLY want online multiplayer, Nintendo is fucking stupid trying to tell people what they want.
>>
>>256337543
Yeah and the only ones who like watching people play games are children, so you think it would be right up Nintendo's alley.
>>
>>256337950
You need peripherals to play on every console except wii u.
Only certain games require a TV anymore.

Pausing and being forced to use a tv are so last gen its a fucking joke. Wii U is the only console thats even trying to be next gen. Everything else is just last gen with almost PC graffix
>>
>>256337669
>shit policies
Elaborate.

>and a bad console
Opinion, and I disagree. Amazing controllers, amazing reliability, amazing online play (yes, it's great) at no extra charge.
>>
File: 1336585471420.jpg (9KB, 267x181px) Image search: [Google]
1336585471420.jpg
9KB, 267x181px
>>256337683
>>256337706
>having to prove anything to the cult-like nintenyearolds who only play nintendo kids games and have nothing to compare them to

No thanks.
I'd rather debate Jehovah's witness instead.
>>
File: butthurt sonygaffer.png (1KB, 184x180px) Image search: [Google]
butthurt sonygaffer.png
1KB, 184x180px
>a indie guy left the sinking ship that is WiiDoomed and Shittendo
good, now all they have to do is fire Iwata, drop the ShiitU, go third-party, make their games on Sony console, iOS phones, and PC platforms, and make the games cater to the LGBT cinecasual flappy run audience.

there, i fucking saved Ninty, you fucking shits!
>>
>>256338026
>the person responsible for the changes and openness that was coming to Nintendo is, quite literally, solely this person.

And he has passed the baton on to somebody else who he trusts.

Did you even read what he wrote?
>>
>>256330891
>somebody complains about region lock to him
>"Yeah, it can be rough, but you just deal with it however you can like buying a console for each of the regions you want."

So wait. He got in trouble for practically encouraging the purchase of two consoles? For fuck's sake Nintendo, get your shit together.
>>
>>256337696
Wii U was basically an Xbox One

The only difference if Microsoft ripped the expensive useless peripheral out of the box.
>>
>>256338120
>actually believing the "Nintendo is for kids" meme

What other propaganda bullshit do you believe, anon?
>>
>>256334836
what did he say?
>>
>>256338080
>Nintendo's policy is basically "fuck those people, just go to his house", well Nintendo, he lives halfway across the fucking country. I'd like to play a Nintendo game with him but you will not let me.

I hope you realize that people above the age of 12 aren't exactly their target audience.
They're pushing for local multiplayer fun for kids.

I get that it's frustrating to us, but I commend them for it, because honestly, with online being a massive feature, I feel disconnected from my friends more than ever before
>>
>>256338080
>but saying that no one wants it is laughably incorrect

No one worth catering for wants it. It's like all those faggot gaming magazines and shit that mention brain training and cooking bullshit when they are the LEAST SHIT TO DO WITH GAMES and nobody worth a fuck, or worth giving a fuck about cares.

Not to mention that by bloating something with useless shit is a bad thing.
>>
>>256338080
You can already watch Twitch on Wii U. If Twitch want to make their own app for Wii U then they are allowed to.
>>
>>256337883
>lesser-evil
Compared to what? Sony, Microsoft? There are more companies to consider than are mentioned in these faggy little consolewar threads.
>>
>>256337543
They said they thought gameplay being streamed by itself without any commentary or anything extra is boring, which it is.

AGDQ is exciting and fun, some smuck going through Super Mario World through an emulator or playing Killzone silently is not. Funny enough I watched all of SGDQ through my Wii U.
>>
>>256338189
But I'm idort Nintendo+PC masterrace
>>
H...Here I go.
>>
>>256338282
PS now is retard, look on his tweets
>>
>>256338342
Then just name those companies.
>>
File: 1370864460574.jpg (914KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1370864460574.jpg
914KB, 1536x2048px
>>256338276
>propaganda
Why is it so hard for you manchildren to admit who you truly are?
>>
>>256338491
>holding the ds a foot from your face

I never got this. I'm fine holding it at normal controller distance
>>
File: 1406424594887.jpg (47KB, 428x445px) Image search: [Google]
1406424594887.jpg
47KB, 428x445px
>>256338205
10/10 you're pretty good
>>
>>256338291
>>I hope you realize that people above the age of 12 aren't exactly their target audience.

I hope you realize that only catering to one audience and alienating any other ones is stupid and Nintendo is stupid for doing it. There's literally nothing wrong with online multiplayer, they can push both, they can HAVE both. There's no need to choose here.

>>256338325
The droning in this post is unbelievable. A large contingency of people want online multiplayer and Twitch on Wii U.
>>
>>256338662
>I hope you realize that only catering to one audience and alienating any other ones is stupid and Nintendo is stupid for doing it
Hey I'm not disagreeing
>>
>>256329781
>Enjoy your no games, Nintendo fan.
>actually defending Indie games as games
When did this happen? I thought /v/ hated indie games.
>>
>>256338491
>propaganda

Yes, propaganda.
>>
>>256338662
>a large contingency of people want twitch

The "people" who want twitch, are subhuman anyway. Like I said, not worth catering for.
>>
>>256338146
a virtual console with a limited selection (worse than the Wii's) without support for n64 games (or onwards) on the Wii U
you have to rebuy the same virtual console game for seperate platforms.
region locking
I'll admit they're getting better with doing sales but little flexibility on pricing.
I'd just like a reliable way to track digital purchases.
mainly they're fumbling all online features.

While they have a good track record with a solidly BUILT console, the wii u could have been so much more they hadn't made the focus on silently running/low energy consumption and with an expensive controller that is frankly under-used. I would always forget there was a map on it during MK8
>>
>>256332413
The entire point of the article is when he tried to bring games that weren't Mr Sunshine Cat they told him to fuck off. I know this place is full of retards but this is getting ridiculous.
>>
>>256338979
>a virtual console with a limited selection (worse than the Wii's) without support for n64 games (or onwards) on the Wii U

Everyone forgets the wii had its ENTIRE LIFE ti get that VC built up. They had to tear it all down and rebuild it for the wii U. No one cares about them doing it properly though it jsut needs to be done now.

Instant gratification is the cancer.
>>
File: Idort.png (6KB, 100x86px) Image search: [Google]
Idort.png
6KB, 100x86px
>>256338412
>PC+Nintendo
>qualifying for idort
>>
>>256338491
>wearing a fanny pack

this has to be staged
>>
>>256326924
Meanwhile at Sony HQ...
>>
>>256339163
No its not.

The article is about how he enjoyed his time and they had disagreements but overall he felt he helped them greatly.

Its more about how hes excited to get even deeper into the indie scene, going indie himself, and what he hopes to do in the future.

The thing he did wrong was he has no idea what a public image is.
>>
>>256338258

But the Wii U doesn't have an expensive useless peripheral. Also it has games.
>>
>>256331980
How do you even take a game out of there?
>>
>>256338913
Dude, Nintendo should really pay you. I can't believe you do this for free.
>>
>>256339208
but thats the thing, it SHOULDN'T be difficult to cram those games onto the Wii U.
it should just be a shell they dump the roms into and it plays, but instead it seems they rebuild the entire emulation system separately for each game they put on the service.

I'm not looking for instant gratification I'm looking for ANY gratification.

could you think of any lineage of consoles with more classic games that you'd like to play? no, and they're still content to put out one or MAYBE two games a week on it.
>>
>>256339445

And isn't made by MicroSatan.
>>
>>256339445
>But the Wii U doesn't have an expensive useless peripheral

Yes it does.

> Also it has games.
No it doesn't.
>>
I don't get why is this a big deal?
>>
File: 1406452657252.gif (980KB, 245x225px) Image search: [Google]
1406452657252.gif
980KB, 245x225px
>>256338189
>tfw Nintendo idort
>someone claims i only play Nintendo games

>mention i have a Steam account to play some PC games
>"hurr duur, stop latching on PC you desperate manchild!" "plus peecee doesn't count idort!"
>mention that i play Devil May Cry 3 and God Hand on PCSX2 (PS2 emu)
>"hurr duur, stop latching on Sony you desperate manchild!"
>mention that i play Halo and Ninja Gaiden on my Xbox OG
>"hurr duur, stop latching on M$ you desperate manchild!"
>mention that i play Soul Calibar and Power Stone on my DC emulator
>"hurr duur, stop latching on Sega you desperate manchild!"
>"you're a lying nintendrone and you should fuck off of /v/ you nintendicksucker!"
what the fuck am i supposed to prove?
>>
WHY JESUS WHY?

LET'S GO A BURN DOWN NINTENDO!!!!!
>>
>>256326924
Good, now link the neogaf thread like a good boy
>>
>>256339951
see >>256338205
>>
It's a Nintendo is doomed thread, just got with it.
>>
>>256340138
Seek help.
>>
Literally who?
>>
>>256340138
>Sick of hearing you manchilds trying to latch on to us when someone criticizes your fisher price toy.
nice try
>>
>>256339571
>it should just be a shell they dump the roms into and it plays
Fuck you dude.

I fucking HATE emulators for this reason. You just pretend you can make one program to run every game. IT DOESNT FUCKING WORK

Each game uses specific hacks to use the hardware in different ways so the emulator needs to compensate. You either end up with a massive resource hog trying to get 100% accuracy OR you use hacks like 90% of emulators out.

Hacks do not cut it. Hacks are garbage and the plebs answer to solving a problem.

Nintendos method of having an emulator specifically for that game is the best option.

The thing is they didnt even have a good console until this year. It was slow as fuck, had shit online, no games, etc...
They focused on making the console usable first and that is more important. VC comes second to current gen problems

All they need is a bigger team getting the shit over and it could be fixed though. That would be wasting resources though
>>
>>256340138
>Master race

Master of nothing. You should really stop parroting the bleatings of a known casual.
>>
>>256339571
I'm imagine more the problems comes from license agreements and what not. Even it's a nintendo produced game, there is probably laundry list of companies involved that they got to get okays on. This is even more with third party companies, it seems they are lot less willing to put their old games on the Wii U than they did on the Wii. Really only Konami and Capcom is support the Wii U VC at the moment in NA.

It's shame that the Wii U VC won't be as varied as the Wii's, Sega recently said they had no plans to Genesis VC on the Wii U. But at least there is some hope for non-Nintendo VC games on the Wii U, Japan got MSX and PC-engine games.

Still I am glad that they starting to put more old games that weren't on the Wii VC like Earthbound and ufouria the saga.
>>
File: Laugh_faggot.jpg (47KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Laugh_faggot.jpg
47KB, 640x480px
>>256340406
>mfw bait
>>
>>256326924

top kek and people still think nintendo is the "savior of gaming" when they do retarded shit like this

good job at them scaring away even more third party devs, the WIIU and 3DS can survive off first party titles like mario and zelda just like sega's consoles survived off their first party titles too
>>
File: >Imp.jpg (23KB, 315x332px) Image search: [Google]
>Imp.jpg
23KB, 315x332px
>>256340138
>PC elitists
>coming to a NintenDOOMED thread
>thinking the master race meme affiliate with anything including PC
>>>/r/pcmasterrace
>>
This thread is about retards trying to outdo other retards by saying the most stupid bullshit they can come up with.
>>
>>256339941
This is closest equivalent to Sony losing key Naughty Dog and Santa Monica people regarding Nintendo the last year or so. It's basically nothing and people are grasping at straws.
>>
>>256340406

>being this retarded

I can play GC games on my PC with no problems for free with an emulator. I can even do wii games because the wiimote is bluetooth. Assuming I can get a tablet working as a controller, I could probably play wiiu games without much hassle either.
>>
>>256340849
No you cant.

You need custom settings or revisions to play 80% of the games.

You cant play zelda, or mario properly on wii. Those are BIG titles. Youd think it would have better support.

Also GC emulation is shit
>>
>>256340796

>It's basically nothing and people are grasping at straws.

except that it means one less third party dev, which is something that nintendo is sorely lacking right now. This would not be an issue if Nintendo wasn't backwards and made their system so difficult to develop for
>>
>>256340849
>I can play GC games on my PC with no problems

Shit taste detected. Little errors make things fucking unplayable for me, but I guess that wouldn't matter to such a faggot as yourself.
>>
>>256341001
>except that it means one less third party dev

What the fuck are you even talking about
>>
We only need the guy who spams Sony webms in this thread to make it perfect.
>>
>>256339950
>meanwhile last gen...
>Microsoft: Sony is too expensive! Spend that money on a cheaper Xbox 360, and then get a Wii they are fun!
>Sony: NOnonono! The PS4 is the perfect compliment for the Wii!
>Nintendo: Boys, boys...there's no need to fight over me...
>>
>>256340976

>let me tell you about yourself

except I can emulate games with zero fucking problems, in an open source OS even

I don't know why you're so mad that you're denying reality, I can emulate pretty much all games pretty well. The only games I have issues with are ubisoft titles that require a uplay connection in order to work.
>>
who gives a shit
>>
>>256341205
Shitposters, the people whose play game is shitting up boards in the Internet.
>>
>>256341202
Go play Twilight princess then.
Go play Metroid Prime

oh wait...
>>
>>256341001
See
>>256336556
>>256334134
>>256333648
>>256331808
>>256331197
>People at Nintendo don’t need to be reminded that indie games are important. They play them every day. In fact, one of the reasons I decided to leave was that there were fewer and fewer new battles to wage. Everyone was getting on the same page and starting to work together like a well-oiled machine. What fun is getting into an argument if the other person already agrees with you?"
>>
>Go do interviews

>UGH

>Go make a game instead

>UGH STOP FRUSTRATING ME
>>
#JUSTICEFORDAN2012
#STOPKONY2017
#6THEGAYMERZ
>>
>>256327264
Pushmo World and One Piece Unlimited Red.
>>
>>256327264
>>256342517
>>256327264
Oh and for 3DS there was Steel Diver, One Piece Romance Dawn, prof layton and the azran legacy, Lego Hobit, Disney Animal Crossing, Conception, Kriby Triple delux, mario Golf, and tomodatchi life

Stop shitposting.
>>
>>256326924
>They're in financial trouble right now with the Wii U and the 3DS

No they are fucking not. Unlike Sony and Microsoft, who are the ones actually bleeding money (especially Sony) they kept putting their money in the bank, and the Wii made them enough to last ten more years of Wii U.
>>
>>256328476
Hyperbole after hyperbole for you isn't it?
>>
>>256336318
>i-it has bad graffix
>it can't be t-this gen
>>
>>256343065

I wouldn't say Microsoft is bleeding money. Sony's in real trouble though.
>>
>>256336318
>can play games without any peripheral
Its more next gen than anything else.

>streaming video/audio with zero lag isnt impressive
Go away
>>
>>256326924
it's never a good sign when people start leaving

rip, nintendo
>>
>Dan Adelman has left NoA
Fuck. RIP in pieces any potential for A Hat in Time on the Wii U.
>>
File: 1406688187446.jpg (46KB, 600x591px) Image search: [Google]
1406688187446.jpg
46KB, 600x591px
>Some nobody tries to tell Nintendo how to do it's job
>Sorry no
>Ablo blo bloo why won't they listen to my opinion as a revolutionary fact abloo bloo bloo

Glad he left now he can't make his stupid ideas and fail miserably
>>
I met Dan once over the phone. He was pretty chill about about the development process.
>>
>>256326924

However I do think that indie guy leaving Nintendo is bad because Nintendo needs more Baka gaijins like them show them what the worldwide image is really like. Mark Cerny telling Sony to fuck off with their ass backward architecture is saving the company. Nintendo needs more Mark cerny.

/v/ hatred of indies too stupid realize Dan was one of the people who were helping Nintendo's third party relation. Especially that police to remove office space requiremets to make a game for Nintnedo. So hope Iwata doesn't nerf NOA more then he already has.

Japan's xenophobia, and failure of understanding the importance of international business is part of why their economy is fucked. They just focus too much on their own world, and putting efforts in other countries. Sony panders to the west because they get the importance of being in kind global economy.
Thread posts: 475
Thread images: 65

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.