[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Click for more| Home]

>FRAG LIKE IT'S 1999: TOXIKK plays as if today'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 456
Thread images: 74

File: 3435336665456.png (235KB, 624x328px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
3435336665456.png
235KB, 624x328px
>FRAG LIKE IT'S 1999: TOXIKK plays as if today's military shooters never existed. The game combines the simple and intuitive mechanics of old-school FPS giants with a fresh setting, slick graphics and our vision to carefully evolve the genre with some new ideas elaborated with Arena-FPS enthusiasts.

>Designed as a spiritual successor to the fast paced arena shooters of the late 90s and early 2ks, there is no leveling, no skill-trees, no perks, no cover systems, no classes, no configurable weapons and no iron sight aiming.

>Instead you get fast and precise movement (with deeply configurable mouse controls), double jumps, dodge jumps, booster pick-ups, nine iconic WEAPONS to be carried around simultaneously, secondary fire modes for every weapon, vehicular game modes, jump pads, health-packs, lots of vertical gameplay, optional mutators (incl. instagib) and everything else that made these kind of games so addictive. And if you want to practice your skills offline, TOXIKK also features a configurable BOT MODE.

http://toxikk.com/7-facts-about-toxikk/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B28oQvaL7Mg

What are your thoughts on this game?
>>
could be fun, could be shit
>>
Honestly looks good enough for 15$, also >instagib makes me happy.
>>
>>255936051
I hope it doesn't turn out to be the next Strike Vector
>>
>>255936051
DOA
>>
>Claiming something that looks like that is pre-alpha

Dropped
>>
>The game combines the simple and intuitive mechanics of old-school FPS giants with a fresh setting, slick graphics and our vision to carefully evolve the genre with some new ideas elaborated with Arena-FPS enthusiasts.

Except it looks exactly like Halo, not really "fresh" or "evolved."
>>
Looks like a Halo/UT-hybrid, but I don´t think it´s a good idea to release something like that when the new UT is being developed and Quake Live is going to hit Steam in a few days/weeks. Could be fun, though. The name is fucking stupid btw, sounds like a retarded online-handle
>xXxToXikkXxX
>>
>>255938781
>being this new
>>
>Time to take the arena shooter genre back to its roots

Yeah, just like Warsaw and all those other failures
>>
It's worse than Section 8: Prejudice
>>
>>255938847
>>255938781
>Halo

Looks nothing like halo
>>
>>255939039
are you seriously saying this pic >>255935652
doesnt look like halo
>>
>Vehicles
Dead on arrival
>>
>>255939210
Typical /v/ fuckhead that can't read.
>>
>yeah faggots, we don't have any of those things that require planning, tact, or skill. Just bind jump and primary fire to the same key and run around lobbing shots in all directions until you're the top of the scoreboard.
>>
So it's a reskin of Unreal Tournament 3?
>>
>>255939180
Yep. Armor is nothing alike, vehicles don't look like covie or UNSC either. Looks more like tribes or UT to me
>>
>>255936051
> iconic weapons
> game isn't even out
> they clame that something is iconic
Thank you ubisoft for showing everyone this fucking word
>>
As long as it's better than Nexuiz, it could be fun.
>>
Why should I care about this when the next Unreal Tournament is around the corner and is going to be free.
>>
>secondary fire modes for every weapon
Fuck that.
I can't live without jump on mouse2 in a shooter that requires even somewhat challenging jumps and every other key blows for secondary fire.
>>
Between this, the new UT, Reborn (if it ever comes out)...this are looking good.

I hope they learn from Valve's successes in the e-sport area: integrate casters into the client (including replays), tickets w/ crowdfunding for tournaments, etc.
>>
>>255939039
Looks exactly like halo, painfully slow and sluggish movement along with shit vehicles and pretty standard weapons.

Where's our flak guns, shock rifles and other crazy shit.
>>
>>255939364
You are retarded
>>
>>255936051
it seems they didnt get the memeo UT will be free
>>
File: 1335256671023.jpg (16KB, 285x288px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1335256671023.jpg
16KB, 285x288px
>>255936051

NO FREE TO PLAY

I'm sold
>>
>>255938885
>Warsaw
>Failure
Warsaw has a healthy community. Also it's free so it's not like the devs care how well it did as long as there's a healthy playerbase to play with.
>>
This will flop hard just like rise of the triad did, they tried the same thing.
>>
>>255939358
The more the better, plus, we don't know how UT is going to turn out like.
>>
>>255939331
to be honest i thought it was a red spartan on valhalla
>>
>>255939480
It seems you didn't get the memo that Epic and f2p games are shit
>>
sort of reminds me of UT2004.
>>
>>255939336

They probably mean they'll have their over-designed versions of a pistol, shot gun, sniper rifle, rocket launcher, and a few special 2future4u plasma/gauss/laser weapons
>>
>>255939534
Did it take anything back though? No.
>>
>>255939364
mouse4 or mouse5
>>
will the bots get smarter over time?
>>
File: ScreenShot00374.jpg (370KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ScreenShot00374.jpg
370KB, 1280x720px
>>255939275
What can't that typical /v/ fuckhead read?
>>
>>255938867
The fuck does that even mean? No, seriously, how does being "new" in any way contradicts my post? You are literally too retarded to understand.
>>
>>255939581
>UT
>shit
get a load of this kid
>>
>>255939607
where's mouse 4/5
>>
I know I shouldn't. But every time I see a game like this on the horizon, I think of T:A. And part of me can't not be hype.
>>
How many more can they make? Nexuz, Rekoil and Warsaw were all failures. And anyone with sense just stays to Quake Live or UT 2K4
>>
>>255939651
Goddamn you are retarded son.
>>
>>255939567
I can guess.

UT is going to be free. My guess is that it launches with the core gamemodes and a decent, but not very high, number of maps. It's basically just a platform for modders to work with.

I actually like that. I like games as an ecosystem for modders and content creators. I'm interested to see what happens after UT launches.
>>
>>255938615
alpha means code complete.
beta means content complete.

this looks like a vertical slice. it is completely believable that the code is not complete.
>>
>>255939697
On every non shitty mouse

>>255939740
Retards like you are the reason there are no good arena shooters and countless CoD clones
>>
>>255939791
Pfft, bitch please, all PC games were like this and still are. You haven't said fuck all, no one knows UT is going to be good or not, and I like I said, the more games we have like this, the better.
>>
File: 2014-08-01_1439.png (637KB, 1169x564px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
2014-08-01_1439.png
637KB, 1169x564px
All those things are what the Warsow devs said
And that game is dead
>>255939534
>Warsaw has a healthy community.
ehehehe
>>
More like
NO GAME
Am I right
>>
>>255939581
Free, not f2p. Epic is putting the game out for free but they've said time and time again that it's not free to play.

There is going to be a marketplace but it's going to be a marketplace for mods, and I trust any decent modder to know whether their mod is worth money or not. I doubt the only mods that cost money that'll be worth playing are going to be the bigger total conversion mods.
>>
>vehicles
DROPPED so hard
Trying way too hard to be Halo as well. Halo sucked.
>>
>>255937853
strike vector is a ton of fun, but it just can't keep my interest.... why?
>>
>kill someone
>+50 points
suck my cock
>>
>>255936051
one of the reasons that arena shooters were so good is visual clarity. Seeing the dude you wanted to shoot wasn't an issue because the game worlds were all flat surfaces with the players sticking out like sore thumbs. I think until it's rectified arena shooters with realistic graphics will always be a bit worse for it.
>>
>>255939697
For me it's on the side of the mouse next to my thumb.
>>
> advertising your game with the bad mechanics it lacks instead of the good mechanics it has

What makes this more fun that quake live?
>>
>>255936051
It'll fail. The amount of people who actually want this is too small for something like this to be sustainable financially. There are already people playing TF2, CS/Source/GO, CoD, BF3/4. There's a reason we don't have many Arena shooters nowadays because the genre sort of slowed to a crawl.
>>
Remember Nexuiz and Rekoil?
Me neither.
>>
If neckbeard fedoracore devs want to be edgy and push the bar and change things up like they claim, make an arena shooter without bunny hopping.
>>
>>255940048
It's almost like UT had vehicles or something
>>
>>255940152
Only the shit ones.
>>
>>255940064
this, not enough people play it. also fucking flying is hard as shit. why wont the aircraft just fly fucking straight?
>>
>>255938885
warsaw has a super great skill ceiling and such, but it doesn't have enough content / shiny goodies
>>
Ice Cream?
>>
>>255940194
>UT2004
>shit

No anon, you are shit
>>
>>255940143
That's stupid. Who would honestly make an arena shooter without one of the best mechanics in arena shooters?
>>
File: 1396890257820.jpg (55KB, 598x800px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1396890257820.jpg
55KB, 598x800px
Another "old school" shooter that will be dead within a month of its release. Can't wait.

When will you nostalgiafags learn that the games you loved as a kid are actually garbage?
>>
File: ScreenShot00303.jpg (448KB, 1280x720px)
ScreenShot00303.jpg
448KB, 1280x720px
>>255940194
>>255940152
but muh air duels
>>
>>255940143
> arena shooter
> without bunnyhopping
And back to cawadoody with you
>>
>>255940031
Free and Free to play mean exactly the same thing
>>
>>255939559
RoTT was a bad game, however. This might be a good game.

Although, we'll wait and see. A proper halo-like PC experience could be cool.
>>
>>255940143
I mean, sure if you're going to replace it with a mobility option that's just as fast and fun
>>
File: 1391483299172.gif (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1391483299172.gif
2MB, 480x360px
>>255939645
>>
>>255940108
HOLY FUCK. THANK YOU MOTHERFUCKER. Every fucking shooter nowadays, the enemies blend in the goddamn map or are a little tiny fucking dot, like, bitch nigga is dis game for ants or what. CS:GO does this so much, although some maps are better designed than other and have good colors so you can tell Ts apart, but other than that, goddamn.
>>
> Make an arena shooter
> In 2014
> Not even F2P
It will be DoA. The bitch they can't monetize a F2P model without giving unfair advantages while a paragraph earlier they talk about cosmetics.
>>
>>255936051

Looks like it could be fun. But /v/ will be filled with hate threads because it has the same colour palette as halo or some arbitrary shit like that.
>>
>>255940361
No they are not.
> free
> you get everything for free, completely, without bullshit
> free 2 play
> you can play for free, but most of other shit got a price slapped on it
>>
>>255936051
same song and dance we've always heard. it will be shit.
>>
>>255940361
No, they don't. Free to play means you get the base game for free but have to pay for other content.

Free means you just get the whole thing for free.

The debate here is whether the mod marketplace makes it free to play. Technically mods aren't part of the official game, but it's still content that you can't get for free.
>>
>>255940226
>but it doesn't have enough content / shiny goodies
I think this is really important. Nobody wants to play a boring and sterile quake clone. I understand that the simple graphics are necessary for >ESPORTS, but how about this: who gives a shit?
>>
>>255936051
Probably going to be shit just like every other game that tries to recapture "the good old days".
>>
>>255940108
This. No one who plays an arena shooter for more than a week gives a shit about how good the graphics look.
All people care about is competition - if your graphics hinder that in a genre where they shouldn't (unlike, say, CSGO or more fittingly ARMA) your game can fuck right off.

I hope, for their sake, that they implemented something like Quake's picmip.
>>
Might be cool. But then again, I don't play shooters anymore.
>>
File: 1383863456689.png (187KB, 468x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1383863456689.png
187KB, 468x720px
>WE'RE TOTALLY NOT LIKE THOSE OTHER GIRLS

Tribes Ascend 2.0, calling it now. Popular in beta and first couple months then dies and everyone forgets.
>>
>>255940143
You bitch ass no skill hoe. I bet you were one of the ones that bitched at Valve to remove Bhop from GO.
>>
>>255936051
>They try to make it sound like a classic 1999 shooter
>the video clip shows killstreaks and +100 on every kill

Fuck off you can't mislead me with your lies
>>
>>255936051
This entire video reeks of youtube-tier comment faggotry
>tumb up if u h8 cod en rejeneratting helth :)
>dlc is stoopid i just want to by the hole gaem
>I hat that al wepons r the same i wan fun wepens

What's funny is that if you actually pay attention to the gameplay, it looks slow as shit, vehicles have no place in an arena shooter, and "You fragged that faggot +100 points!".
>>
File: rekt-shotgun-close.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
rekt-shotgun-close.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Looks nice. Good to see more arena fps games in the works.

Don't forget about #rekt which promises old school fun on a modern engine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb2AHcYuV0o

The #rekt alpha is free for download at
http://hellalegitgames.com/
>>
[spoier]what is the definitive arena shooter?[/spoiler]
which one has the highest skill ceiling?
>>
>>255940278
>>255940351
>>255940413

Why can't you shoot someone or get out of the way without relying on crutch keybinds and mechanics? Bunny hopping is for cowards. Why not just create a button that moves the character around the map randomly? And another button that just fires shots in random directions? Then you can pretend to be good at something with only two buttons.
>>
>>255936051
I like the video, because everything they say that won't be in the game, is going to be in the game. They've basically just told you how they are going to ruin their own game.

0/10 Toxikk just bend over and take it up the ass like everyone else has or start making cars.
>>
>>255940608
Tribes Ascend was unique in that it ended up being exactly the same because the developers are the shittiest fuckers ever.
>>
>>255940482
No one wants to admit that you can make a F2P game work by only selling cosmetic items.

DOTA 2 says otherwise.
>>
So, how is this going to make money for the devs? Are dedicated servers going to be provided at a fee?

>>255940608
That's the feeling I got, too.
>>
>>255940637
UT has vehicles. What is UT if it's not an arena shooter?
>>
>>255940660
Ctrl-S
>>
>>255940635
>>the video clip shows killstreaks
Where?
>>
File: toxikk lies.jpg (61KB, 1077x639px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
toxikk lies.jpg
61KB, 1077x639px
>>255936051
>and no iron sight aiming.
b-but
>>
>>255940637

>dlc is stupid I just want to buy the whole game

This is true.

>I hate that all weapons are the same I want fun weapons.

This is true.

I fixed your stupid writing for you faggot.
>>
>>255940221
>>255940064
Like any game without a basement-level skill floor, almost the entirety of a game's playerbase will be utterly awful at the game down to its very basics - they will be playing it "wrong". When you're playing with a bunch of cannon fodder players who don't even offer as much of a challenge as the easiest bots (or you are one of them) and only seldom find someone else who is actually good at the game and can sweep the entire server effortlessly, of course it is not going to be able to hold your attention.
>>
>>255936051
>bot mode
Thank god. I liked old arena shooters because i didn't need friends to play the multiplayer modes

I'm not okay
>>
The game looks interesting, I'll reserve judgement for when it's later in development.
I wonder how it would hold up to Nexuiz and it's sucessor though. The Quake mod, not that Cryengine version
>>
>>255939534
>Warsaw has a healthy community.
Lol, no, and I play Wsw.
>>
Pretty much any game that tries to sell itself based on nostalgia ends up being bad since they miss the entire point of what made those old(er) games good. Im getting deja vu from Nexuiz just reading that.
>>
>>255940757
>scopes are iron sights now
go away you fucking retard
>>
>>255940757
That's a zoom. Quake has it too
>>
>>255940757
>iron sight
>clearly a scope
anon please
>>
>>255940665
Are you retarded?
The whole point of an arena fps is fast movement. It's not random. You're supposed to make reads on your opponent.
>>
>>255940130
I think there's a market for a modern arena shooter.
By that I mean one with proper matchmaking, maybe a ladder, maybe a system for player created tournaments. Also UI/usability in general that isn't actively user-unfriendly like QuakeLive is. I mean, they still delete unused accounts after a few months, in 20 fucking 14. Plus the UI is fucking horrendous.
>>
>>255940757
they said no iron sight, not aiming down the sight.
they said no bullshit, not shit.
>>
>>255940660
Quake III. For both.

It's not my favorite arena shooter (UT2k4 is), but it's definitely the definitive one. Also the shit people do in Quake III is ridiculous and they have my respect.
>>
>>255940757
>Scope=Iron sights

You are a fucking moron. UT and Quake also had scopes
>>
>>255940665
> b80ing this hard
>>
>>255939791
>>255939975
You forget it's a marketplace. People can sell mods/maps and you can bet they will
>>
>>255940490
Color palette looks fine, we need more color games. Also, Tribes did well, it was because the developers fucked it that the game started to die.
>>
>>255940143
>buzzwords
>>
>free to play
might give it a try
>NO
wait what
they're actually proud of that somehow?
$15 for a multiplayer only shooter? in literally the most oversatured genre in gaming right now? (if you don't count zero effort throwaway garbage chinese MMOs)
These people are fucking idiots. Enjoy your 20 people playerbase.
Their elitism is also very repulsive.
>>
>>255940757
youre dumb
>>
>>255940528
But I like the clean look though. And I don't give a fuck about e-sports. Hell I'm not even good.
>>
>>255940665
>I just want two buttons, jump and shoot
I just found the perfect game for you!
>>
For those commenting on the vehicles I found this in the GameStop article

>Toxikk will have two kinds of maps: Classic Maps and Massive Maps. Classic Maps will feature fast-paced gameplay and are described as medium-sized environments for up to eight players. Massive Maps, on the other hand, will require more strategic gameplay on larger-sized locales for up to 16 players. There will also be various vehicles like gliders and hoverbikes exclusively on Massive Maps.

So it looks like vehicles are pretty avoidable unless you have a boner for the larger games
>>
>>255939358
The devs said they don't plan on adding vehicles, so it would be up to modders to do it. That would take a while.
>>
>>255940995
you are repulsive
>>
>>255940757
> ironsighting
> posts scope
>>
>>255939645
bogus
>>
>>255940660
QuakeWorld
>>
>>255940915
There is probably a market for one, but I'm not so sure about a new IP that isn't free to play. I mean we've seen these type of games come and go and the main problem above all other issues is not enough players.
>>
>>255940995
> no reading comprehension - the post
>>
>>255936051
Another old school shooter people will hype up bit never play because the fans just aren't there anymore?

Sounds fun.
It's a real shame too. I wish more people did old school singleplayer FPS's though.
>>
>>255939757
Not as retarded as this game, that's for sure.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (64KB, 756x463px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Untitled.jpg
64KB, 756x463px
>>255940635
>NUH UH, MY GAMES DIDN'T HAVE KILL THINGS POP UP AND IT DIDN'T HAVE THOSE 'HIT INDICATOR' THINGS EITHER... WHAT'S UP WITH THAT "TINK" NOISE WHEN I HIT AN ENEMY?
>>
>>255939757
Judging off this weird response
the threads
v-
v-
vir-
>>
>>255936051
Looks like Halo and Unreal Tournament had a baby. Mite b cool.
>>
>>255940995
Free to play means that a shitty cash shop is needed. How does a cash shop help gameplay? I would rather pay 15 dollars than to have it become shit through BRs and pay to win. Even if its not pay to win development time will be dedicated to cash shop items instead of making the game better. Just like blizzard with their cash shop, they made a cash shop mount and immediately turned around and said "we didn't have enough dev time to devote to making a pvp mount."

development time spent on cash shop items is development not spent on improving the game itself.
>>
File: 1192663964430.jpg (28KB, 500x375px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1192663964430.jpg
28KB, 500x375px
>TOXIKK

seriously? that was the best they could come up with?
>>
>>255940956
The only people who'll sell just ordinary maps are 12 year olds looking to make a quick buck, and their maps will be as worthless as those Bloodgulch modded maps for Halo Custom Edition. They'll be babby's first map. Who cares if they're free or a hundred dollars? Won't matter to me, you'd have to pay me to download and play those maps.

I'm hoping the modders and mapmakers worth a damn will know whether or not what they make is worth money. And let's be honest, some mods are worth money. The big crazy well-done total conversions, larger well-made map packs, etc.
>>
>>255940995
Forgot to add, if a level gaming field, no unlocks, no levelling up etc, is that important to them, which is fine, then why don't they just make cosmetic stuff as a F2P hook?
>>
>>255936051
Report Marketing threads. The OP isn't even discussion the game. he's just copy pasting the shit off of the site.
>>
>>255940608
I had so much fun with tribes ascend, was great playing with you fags.
>>
>>255939969
>On every non shitty mouse
i don't have a shitty gayming mouse though
>>
File: 1321797298748.jpg (73KB, 413x570px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1321797298748.jpg
73KB, 413x570px
Trailer makes the game look slow as hell. Like Halo levels of slow. Weapons seem more spectacle than anything else too.
>>
>>255940757

>BUT ITS NOT IRON

BEING IRON IS WHAT MAKES IT BAD
>>
That trailer looks really neat. Their marketing dept really captured why the current fps environment was shit. I especially grinned at the end when the NO slapped down onto "Free to play".
That being said, it all depends on the execution. But assuming the devs are competent, I'll probably buy this game.
>>
>>255940995
You cannot fucking make a competitive shooter free to play.
CSGO has enough cheaters as it is and that never goes below 5 bucks in a sale. Now imagine if it was free to play.
>>
>>255940108
>>255940463
>>255940539

Agree with all you guys. CSGO is especially annoying with all the clutter garbage everywhere and how spotting somebody and reacting instantly is so extremely important. I feel like just having really good vision to spot some guys head camouflaged between objects and in a shadow is important in that game when I never felt that way before about any game.
>>
Muh Quake
>>
>>255936051
I hope that "100+" score when killing someone is just for the scoreboard and not some shitty unlock or level system.

Fuck the XP system ruins so many damn FPS games.
>>
File: 1394399819403.jpg (241KB, 904x734px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1394399819403.jpg
241KB, 904x734px
The game seems to lack any sort of distinct art style. It seems impossible to tell what the weapons do from a glance, and the look of everything is so complex and noisy, identifying a target quickly will be hard due to them potentially blending into the background.

That was all some of the major issues of UT3.
>>
>>255940608
>Tribes Ascend 2.0
So you're saying it'll be T:A all over again but with no microtransactions?

Sign me the fuck up.
>>
>>255940652
>implying anyone would play a game called #rekt
I'm guessing you're one of the developers
>>
>you killed +50 shit
>muddy modern graphics, should have focused on making everything crisp and clear
>possible hitscan weapons?
>movement is slow as shit

I like the idea of what they are doing but the execution is a bit half assed. Almost like its a bunch of modern devs who never actually played area fps but are trying to appeal to those that did.
>>
>>255939180
It reminded me of Tribes. Not at all like Halo.
>>
>>255941465
>>255940108
>>255940463
>>255940539
And to our right you'll see the average CSGO circlejerk...
>>
So can we play this game now or what?

With so many new arena shooters in development (this, reflex, and the others) one I'll probably end up playing is the one I can play first.
>>
that video feels like something from the mind of a 35 year old with a receding hairline but frosted tips and sports shades still trying to be fred durst in 1997

genre stagnation isnt the correct response to genre stagnation
theres a reason arena shooters died, and its because of shit like this
>>
looks like a faster ut
worth a try np dps have been worth a try in the last 10 years
>>
File: trailer.webm (3MB, 502x282px)
trailer.webm
3MB, 502x282px
>>
>>255941450
It put a huge grin on my face when they came to /v/ to try and sell a bucket of piss to us.
>>
>>255941405
The fact that there are 3 threads about this PoS makes it seem like a marketing effort.
>>
File: QL.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
QL.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>255941464
>You cannot fucking make a competitive shooter free to play.
You what
>>
File: 1231668583.jpg (21KB, 550x396px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1231668583.jpg
21KB, 550x396px
>>255941426
Then you have a shitty non gayming mouse
>>
>>255941091
Good, vehicles are shit. I want an arena shooter, not a Gaylo reskin.
>>
File: 1368555846625.jpg (61KB, 500x384px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1368555846625.jpg
61KB, 500x384px
>>255936051
>>
It looks like a Halo mod and not an arena shooter. It's fucking Halo. The devs are probably so stupid they thought Halo was the high point of shooters or something.
Fuck this shit.
>i-it d-d-doesn't look like halo!!!
>except for the gameplay, graphics, vehicles, weapons, UI, art style, setting and level design
Just stop already.
>>
>>255941538
but theres no skiing
>>
>>255941630
quake live is the poor mans quake 3. Everyone knows this. There are people that still play quake 3, you're just too poor to go buy it
>>
>>255941464
I haven't encountered a single cheater in CS:GO and I've played for 300 hours or so now.

I don't know if I'm lucky or fuckers are just calling everyone a cheater because they can't accept they died. Or is it just the American world who are cheating?
>>
>no f2p
>looks like halo without so much slow
>no levelling/non-cosmetic unlocks

they just got $15 of my money. here's hoping it turns out to be good.
>>
>>255941630
Like 50 people play it
>>
>>255941515
However, unlike the shooter giants from the past, TOXIKK features an XP and a bounty system. The XP system and its associated ranks are used for reputation purposes, for our match-making algorithms and to unlock new skins, but they do NOT change the stats or the abilities of your character. Your rank will show other players how experienced and skilled YOU are (rather than showing the experience level of your game character).
>>
>>255940726
you don't really want to argue with /v/irgins about the defining features of a sub-genre

JRPGs aren't RPGs lol
>>
>>255941553
Get into the early access and complain, or the forums since no one is barely there are will read what's posted. Help them improve nigga so we can get arena back.
>>
Looks pretty good actually, I really hope they stick with this policy. I don't want to see cosmetic shit either.
>>
>>255941515
I disagree. It gives you a reason to keep playing beyond developing your skills. Constantly rewarding you with new shit is a smart business move.
>>
>>255941630
> Qlive
> worth a shit
> you can't host without a premium
> you can't use skins without a premium
> there are at least 2 gamemodes that are unreachable without premium
> non-pro community is literally 50 people
> pro community is literally 50 people
>>
>>255941630
Its business model is shit and I'm not playing something with 15 year old graphics just so some russian can run it on his toaster.
>>
>>255941562
>CSGO is especially annoying with all the clutter garbage everywhere and how spotting somebody and reacting instantly is so extremely important
>Every fucking shooter nowadays, the enemies blend in the goddamn map or are a little tiny fucking dot, like, bitch nigga is dis game for ants or what. CS:GO does this so much, although some maps are better designed than other and have good colors so you can tell Ts apart, but other than that, goddamn.
Yeah they make it seem like CS:GO is flawless, right? I wish they would stop jerking off about how perfect it is.
>>
>>255941538
I would throw some fucking money at a T:A 2.0 without the cash shop/unlocks bullshit.

As it stands, Tribes dies a second death, this time without the grace.
>>
>>255941873
I would like to see cosmetic shit
dropped.
>>
File: It's happening.png (41KB, 616x525px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
It's happening.png
41KB, 616x525px
>>255941869
>Help them improve nigga so we can get arena back.
Arena is back http://youtu.be/Khf-kI7j9Eo
>>
>>255941630
QL has a small enough audience and little enough appeal to anyone but oldfag Quake veterans that it works.
It would never work with a playerbase in the thousands. You'd have enough cheaters to shit on the whole experience, no matter if your opponent actually cheated or not. If suspecting that he does becomes a reasonable thought it's no longer a tolerable situation.
>>
>>255941515
It's probably just for the scoreboard since the trailer bragged about no unlock system.
>>
all they need to do is give it a forge mode and a file sharing thing, thats all they gotta do
then they could actually have something here
trying to emulate quake for the 20th time isnt going to fucking work
>>
>people complaining about vehicles
It's like you never played Tribes.
>>
>>255941745
>Looks like Halo
Maybe Halo 4.
Halo 3 had a very nice colorful style and you could tell what people were holding and shit.

This is just a dull grey mess.
It could be a picture of Serious Sam 3 or Far Cry or Unreal Tournament 3 or Halo 4 for all I know.
>>
>>255936051
>Still has shit plastered all over the screen
>>
>>255941629
But you never complained where there were thread after threads when neotokyo went on Steam right? Nope, despite the game being out for a long time, being unbalanced, the developers full of shit and the game dying, now that it went on Steam, you all talk about it and try to shill for the game. Oh, but no, it's not shilling guys, it's just a great game, you just haven't tried it.


Fuck right off faggot.
>>
It's too bad the market is trained to not pay for video games unless it's in-game purchases.
>>
File: 1392674512949.gif (1MB, 256x262px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1392674512949.gif
1MB, 256x262px
>>255942027
read the FAQs. unlocks for cosmetic changes, but nothing else. So, you'll have a rank, and a score, but won't effect gameplay at all.
>>
>that godawful music

I'll pass.
>>
>>255940608
T:A's whole claim to fame was being similar to T2. It only died because devs were retards and made it F2P
>>
File: 131235532658s.jpg (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
131235532658s.jpg
8KB, 200x200px
Oh look, another Nexuiz-like game which wants the Halo audience.

Meanwhile, Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball is being currently played by eight people, but at least it is fun.
>>
>>255942063
Not really
>>
>>255942169
don't forget bioshit infinite and dragon age and mass effect 3 and every other garbage game that gets a million threads and then when the game is released we never see another thread about it ever again.
>>
>people mad that this game doesn't want to cater to poorfag trash
Poorfags, just fuck off. F2P is the worst, more cheaters, more shit players, more disconnects, no/fewer updates, pay2win

Then not to mention the effect this has on the industry, players are spread around tons of shitty games because they are free, rather than buying a good one and sticking around to make the community great. Plus the fact free 'sells' kills a lot of good games which try to sell themselves in that market. This is bad, the horrible games are meant to die off when word gets around that they aren't worth buying
>>
>>255941742
You are either a lying cunt that doesn't really play CS:GO, or are so bad that you haven't learned the game mechanics and can't identify cheaters. I am probably going go with the latter and say you are stuck in silver rank and are a bad piece of shit. Or maybe you have autism, fuck if I know.
>>
File: 1406564651251.jpg (594KB, 2792x2732px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1406564651251.jpg
594KB, 2792x2732px
>skill based gameplay
>btw this gun kills everyone you don't even have to aim
>>
>>255938847
>Quake Live is going to hit Steam in a few days/weeks.
and not a single fuck will be given. Fuckin delusional quake fucks
>>
>All registered players can apply for a FREE SDK to build own maps, characters and skins etc. for TOXIKK. We will put up a web page as a central hub for user generated content on TOXIKK.com. Players may vote user-generated content to be made available through this hub. All content on this hub will be offered free of charge. The whole process will be handled through our forums.
Sounds neat.
>>
>>255941779
That's alright then. I hope you can turn it off though. Because I really don't need useless information cluttering my screen.

>>255941895
As long as it's fucking cosmetic I don't care. But fucking having to play for a 30 hours grinding to unlock a weapon you want so you can actually enjoy the game. Even worse when they have straight upgrades of weapons and abilities.

I want a match to be decided by skill, not by how much XP you have.
>>
>>255940048
>Warsow
I honestly think they have a lot of balls to get in between current cowadooty genre and the established quake arena, they will need a fuckton of luck.

>vehicles
>DROPPED so hard
can't read either
>>
>>255942406
said no one ever
>>
>>255942332
>Every player who is better than me is a cheater
Sure thing
>>
Op if you are really from /v/ when does the narwhale bacon?
>>
>>255942294
>garbage game that gets a million threads and then when the game is released we never see another thread about it ever again.
Toxikk's destiny
>>
>>255939960
Fixed for 2014:

alpha means two of the 20 main features are kinda working so it's time to abuse gullible idiots who buy into early access games

beta means it will be content complete and mostly-major-bug-free after about 6 months of patching
>>
>>255936051

that's a whole lot of buzzwords.
>>
>>255941779
Holy fucking marketing.
>>
>>255942406
Have you even played UT before, moron?
>>
>>255940048
>halo was the first and only game to ever have vehicles ever no game has ever done this before halo is innovative and original it was the first fps after all

I can't believe you people still browse /v/
>>
>>255942406
Said who?
The last thing in the video looks and acts like a Redeemer, if that's what you point at.
And Redeemer is a one shot fucking trophy that everyone tries to get.
>>
>>255942261
Who even plays with music enabled on a multiplayer game?
>>
>>255942620
normalfags
>>
>>255942484
Don't put words in my mouth, never did I say that, I am LME, I stopped MM a long time ago. I play with people who are better than me on LAN, I found a nice community in Miami where I live, that's how you get better in games, by playing with people who are good so you become good. Next time, stop being a little bitch and think before you post.
>>
>>255942568
He just forgot to greentext it. Copypasted from the site.
>>
The XP is for matchmaking purposes, not some unlock treadmill bullshit.
>>
Well, that was pretty cool.
>>
>>255940652
>#rekt
Holy shit, you know all those movies that are so bad they're good? well this game looks so bad that it looks fucking awesome.
Gotta give it a try.
>>
>another MOBA
fuck off with this shit
>>
Looks like none of you are Linux gamers, because that platform is flooded with open source Quake clones. There are plenty of arena FPSes to go around.
>>
Looks fucking shit.
>>
>>255942620
>>255942687
Anybody who enjoys the ingame music? The built in music for any given game is fine. It's retards who PUMP DA DUBSTEP and then don't hear important sound cues who're the problem
>>
Looks great
>Early access
Nah fuck that
>>
>>255936051
Looks like my kind of FPS, but the grafix are too intense for me. Q3 runs great on the open-source Radeon drivers with no bullshit and I've just accepted that high-performance GPU stuff isn't realistic without fucking up my whole desktop.
>>
>>255941869
yeah no, i'm not falling for that shit again
>>
>>255942301
It's either South Americans fags, or kids who already spent Daddy and Mommy's money to buy an expensive PC and now want every game F2P.
>>
>>255941628
It might be shit, it might not. But if it is it was the devs being retarded. They have the makings of something decent here.
>>
>>255941719
>cd verification
>2014
you clueless retard
>>
File: Untitled.png (1009KB, 781x783px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Untitled.png
1009KB, 781x783px
>>255942301
Don't forget that development time is wasted on the Cash shop items and not improving the game.

Those who are saying its being heavily marketed are paranoid. This video was released today, so naturally those who are excited will make a thread about it. Now if its been a few days and there are 3 threads up about it there might be something going on. We have yet to find the major flaw in it that will point it out as shit. I'm sure they're gonna fuck this up somehow.
>>
>>255942718
>i'm LME
who
>>
File: wot.jpg (4KB, 201x251px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
wot.jpg
4KB, 201x251px
>>255942795
>>
>>255942007
Well, shit... I hope this goes through
>>
>>255942889

Yeah you guys got a good thing going.
Hope it doesn't bomb and you force it to go f2p
>>
>>255942584
HALO INVENTED VEHICLES
>>
>>255941553
Look at all the taglines and shit. NO REGEN HEALTH, NO COVER, NO BULLSHIT, HEH FUCK YOU MODERN SHOOTERS. That's clearly exactly what it is, and you can bet your bottom dollar they're gonna viral the fuck out of it here to make up for the fact that it's just a crummy Halo clone.
>>
>>255942510
yeah, because that happened with Tribes, right? hmm, and again, the game died because of the developer, so don't even mention that you autist.
>>
>No BS
>Vehicles everywhere
>YOU KILLED X! +100

Yeah, no.
>>
>>255942259
is this like a super detailed slinky or something?
>>
Where can I buy this right now?
>>
>>255942009
you get baseless hackusations in all fpses
>>
>>255942259
is that paper?
>>
when will MOBAs die?
I'm tired of this shit
its not cool
they're not fun
they should have died in 2003
>>
>>255942967
Nah I saw another thread with some info posted word for word the exact same way.
>>
>>255942406
I love it, fags that never played Arena are coming out of the woodwork.
>>
>>255943086
I'm not a marketer you retard. I'm just a Tribes fan looking for something to fill my gaping heart.
>>
>>255942584
Did you watch the video or just pretending to be retarded? The whole aesthetic is lifted straight from Halo.
>>
>>255943118
see
>>255942757

>>255943090
The game doesn't have regenerating health but you're calling it a halo clone?
>>
File: png.png (136KB, 620x173px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
png.png
136KB, 620x173px
>>255942332
I am a pretty bad player, don't get me wrong. But I've played CS on and off since 1.5, and considering I team up with three MGE/DMG players every time I play I would imagine at least they would call out a few cheaters.

Or maybe I'm just not retarded enough to think there are no people better then me out there. If there's anything I've learned playing CS it's that people love to call good players cheaters.
>>
>>255943231
this post is youtube comment tier
>>
I'm convinced that all the people always wishing for a new arena shooter are all retards. They just want someone to remake one of the ones they like rather than you know, making a new game. Any change is bad to them. I'm surprised someone on here hasn't already made one that everyone is happy with honestly.
>>
>>255943231
Never, and RTS will never come back.
>>
>game makes a lot of negative promises (no this no that)
>"WELL IT'S GOING TO BE SHIT ANYWAY BAWWW"
Jesus fucking Christ. "/v/ hates everything" was never a joke, was it?
>>
>>255941275
No, my old quake did not have +100 every kill and an atrocious UI
>>
>>255943258
Look at Project Freefall then. This in a UT clone, can't go fast.

http://youtu.be/qruEYrAbp9E
>>
>>255942048
the good thing about vehicles in tribes is that they're unimportant
>>
>>255942757
>the xp is for matchmaking
you cant be serious
why not just use a fucking MMR system
a guy can go 5-40 for 10000 games in a row and still get matched with complete pros because hes played enough games
>>
>>255942757
>>255943302
If it's for matchmaking purposes, they could've made it invisible and had you tally up however many points you have to spend on skins at the end of the match. They clearly made it visible on purpose.

Having you tally points during the match and then use those points to buy skins? Is fucking treadmilling. Having you gain points to be put into a higher strata of players? IS FUCKING LEVELING. Don't piss on my shoulder and tell me its raining.
>>
>competitive fps
>graphic settings lowered to psx-tier because muh over 1000 fps
>enemies set to neon colored big model so they're easier to spot
Every. Time.
>>
>>255943405
what is wrong with my comment?
>>
>>255943214
You need to be able to expect your opponent to not cheat or competition goes out the window.
Once you hit a certain percentage of cheaters you cannot to that.
>>
>that last clip
>KDA: 201/8/25
>gets 5 kills with one unaimed shot
Excuse me?
>>
>>255943330
I've come across 1 or 2 cheaters in CSGO. One was a very obvious BR, the other I'm not quite sure about. My DMG buddy I was playing with definitely thought he was cheating.
>>
>>255943238
oh i see, I personally feel marketing is fine if its an okay game. I only start shitting on them once something bad is shown about their game like a shitty buisness practice or just terrible mechanics/etc.

In the end one should always be cautious of developers and only judge what is delivered and not what is promised.
>>
>>255943492
Seen it, it's vaporware. Will never reach a level of completeness worth playing
>>
>>255943532
The MMR system is fucking atrocious. At least for team games.

I'm so fucking incredibly above my skill level in CS just because I've gotten lucky and had my team carry me. Always I've last with a negative K/D. Yet I keep rising in the ranks. Shits ridiculous.
>>
>>255943474

nope, plus it's summer so the intensity and sheer numbers of the moronic has skyrocketed
>>
>>255943823
a nuke I guess
>>
>>255940660
CPMA
>>
>>255943532
>you don't get any exp because you don't kill anyone
>you get people with more exp
wat
>>
File: 1390177866943.gif (1MB, 240x180px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1390177866943.gif
1MB, 240x180px
>>255943570
This is the serious, 'everything is shit', crybaby bullshit /v/ is known for.

So the game is shit because it uses a basic matchmaking system? or because you can unlock skins? or because it got some points on your screen?

You don't want new games, you want remakes. Please go to /vr/ and never come back.
>>
>>255944004
An MMR system won't work unless it has a locked team MMR and separate solo and team matchmakings.
>>
>>255943474
To be fair. Being negative is way better then being excited.

Less heartache that way.
>>
>>255936051
looks like crap no different than the rest of the dead games trying to cash in on this shit these past few years
>>
>jelly
>brown and bloom
>>
>>255943330
It's not about good players, you dumbfuck.
It's about people who OBVIOUSLY aimbot when you spec them.
They're so fucking bad at aimbotting that it's immediately obvious.

You're never gonna detect a subtle triggerbotter who actually needs to aim at heads himself or a subtle wallhacker (without watching a wallhacked demo yourself, even then it's hard if he doesn't also use an aimbot). So you can only speculate about how many people really do cheat (few enough not to totally fuck the game, at least, apparently).
>>
>>255943574
So competitive FPS are not for you.
What's your point? Don't fucking play them, get the fuck out of this thread and have done.
>>
>>255944510
>this crap
>competitive fps
ahaha
>>
I give them a lot of props for having the balls to give a big fuck you to modern shooters but I need to play it to make an opinion

they definitely have my interest though
>>
$15 for a game that looks like a neat Halo + UT combination and you guys are being mad about all sorts of shit?

Come on, guys.
>>
The bragging is a bit cringeworthy but it's clearly effective since it got our attention.
>>
>>255944694
me too

*tips fedora*
>>
>>255944228
>ST-STOP CRITICIZING MY NEW WAIFU GAME

Shut the hell up, you pissant. I love video games. I bathe in a tub full of blurays, GCN discs and DVD-roms every night before I go to bed. I just think this game is bullshit because it's saying "NO LEVELING BULLSHIT, FUCK YOU MODERN SHOOTERS" and the it's clearly using a leveling system. It's saying NO PROGRESSION OR UNLOCKS OR TREADMILLING and then putting in unlockable skins.

It's making a bunch of negative promises about how shit modern shooters are and how fucking awesome it is and then totally backtracking those promises in the first fucking trailer. And they're clearly marketing the shit out of it on this board. But because it's throwing out a bunch of buzzwords like SKILL BASED, you're falling for it, hook line and sinker? Give me a fucking break.
>>
bulletstorm the second try
>>
>>255936051
looks like ass, I hate it
>>
>>255944280
And a ridiculous amount of times you get called out for WH or aimbotting for getting a lucky shot or shotting someone through a wall.

Even a shitty player like me gets called a cheater every once in a while. Hell, I haven't even seen a cheater while doing Overwatch duty, and my friend only ever saw one once.

I'm not saying there aren't cheaters out there. I'm just saying I don't get why people are always calling out CS:GO for being a hacker paradise.
>>
>>255944280
Don't argue with retards, especially on 4chan, it's just not worth it. Let them bathe in their ignorance.
>>
File: 1406756681378.gif (2MB, 350x295px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1406756681378.gif
2MB, 350x295px
>>255944694
>>
>>255940330
When will you be turning 18?
>>
>>255940995
this guy knows what he's talking about
I wouldn't pay a cent for this piece of shit
>>
>>255944801
Exactly what I was thinking of
>>
File: 1378235020845.jpg (57KB, 500x380px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1378235020845.jpg
57KB, 500x380px
>>255944789
their promise of "no progression" means equal footing in game. unlockable skins doesn't break that, though it clearly has your anus ravaged because they weren't clear enough or some shit.

and yes, /v/ is full of shills and no ones allowed to get excited about a new game.

it's not about you criticizing, it's about you being a super-nova-tier twat over skins and people interested in a new shooter that looks less shitty than usual.
>>
>>255939645
>Eventually they made rules such as no killing, in order to survive
>An outsider entered, they were cautious at first, but when he broke their rule they executed him
That's creepy.
>>
I like it but the armor design is so generic it hurts. I literally thought that was halo when I first saw it.
>>
>>255940995
I imagine the servers will be empty when UT is released to the public
>>
>>255944987
It's not a hacker paradise, which was part of my original point. Valve apparently does a decent job banning cheaters - who lose their 5-15 bucks when they get banned, which should discourage many. That effect isn't there in an f2p game, especially in a purely competitive one that doesn't require you to grind for tons of shit.
This was the point of bringing up cheaters in CSGO.
>>
>>255944987
CS:GO is a hacker paradise, you moron. Every 6 months you can buy CS:GO for next to nothing due to sales.

I've seen cheaters buy like 50, 100, etc. accounts during the 75%, 85% and 90% sales.

Of course if you aren't DMG and above, you won't see the cheaters because they go straight to those ranks.
>>
>>255945486
Shame it's made up.
>>
>>255945478
>in a new shooter that looks less shitty than usual.
And this is where you and I disagree vehemently.
>>
>reakktor

god damn now there's some nostalgia

these guys made neocron

like one of the first MMOFPS or something.
great stuff
>>
File: gaming laptop.jpg (21KB, 1001x602px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
gaming laptop.jpg
21KB, 1001x602px
>>255945478
>a new shooter that looks less shitty than usual.
>>
>>255945783
stop shilling and fuck off
>>
>>255944987
Except it is, and one of the reason is because they keep lowering the price, it's like a double edge sword, while they might, and I say MIGHT bring in new players, they will bring in more hackers.
>>
>>255946010
alright kid. never mind that neocron poster i have on my wall. continue posting.
>>
>ctrl-f "shill"
>only 4 results
Not bad, I guess. I hate that maymay more than anything.
>>
>>255945557
Ah. I see. Sorry about that.

>>255945581
And I've seen no evidence of that. Again, is this a American region thing? I would assume the Russians would cheat but I've never really seen them do it either.

>Of course if you aren't DMG and above, you won't see the cheaters because they go straight to those ranks.
I'm constantly playing with them though since the matchmaking is awful. As I said. I play with three or so DMG ranked people so almost every match I get pitted against at least two.

>>255946094
Guess me and my friends have just been ridiculously lucky then. Or many people in my part of the world just don't cheat as much.
>>
>jelly blood
>>
>>255945783
Fuck, I remember downloading it from File Planet and never actually opening it.
>>
>>255936051
Does it support LAN?
Also stop mentioning "our game isn't COD xD" like
you did in the video. When doing viral, you should
focus on the good features of your game, not on the lack of trashy ones.
>>
I'll wait for UT4 to probably be shit, thanks.
>>
File: 3658234.gif (1MB, 294x226px)
3658234.gif
1MB, 294x226px
>>255946112
fuck off shill and fuck your shitty deadbeat company
>>
>>255936051
Looks and sounds awesome.

>no reload
Sold
>>
>>255946229
>And I've seen no evidence of that. Again, is this a American region thing? I would assume the Russians would cheat but I've never really seen them do it either.
Are you retarded? You can't be this fucking stupid. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

Do you know anyone with AIDS? If you say no, that doesn't mean that it isn't widespread.

Or maybe you are just so terrible that you have no clue when a guy is straight up cheating against you.
>>
>>255936051
Kinda related, but why does bunny hopping work like it does? Hopping everywhere makes you go fast? Was it just like a bug that people ended up liking or something?
>>
>>255946715
>Was it just like a bug that people ended up liking or something?
Yes. Just like how skiing in Tribes was a bug aswell, but people loved it.
>>
>>255946715
>Was it just like a bug that people ended up liking or something?
Yes

In Quake, while midair, strafing not only altered your direction but also added to your speed
>>
I asked this in the other thread, but it was semi ignored.
Lets hope I can get this answered here.

This game looks JUST like nexiuz.
Art direction is the same, engine looks to be the same, premise seems to be the same, bloom seems to be the same.

Whats to stop it from becoming the next nexiuz.
>>
>>255946585
That's precisely why I'm asking if it's a regional think. Africa is an aids paradise, but Japan isn't so to speak.

>Or maybe you are just so terrible that you have no clue when a guy is straight up cheating against you.

Fairly certain they aren't. And for the third time, I'm playing with some straight up fucking great CS veterans. Even if I can't trust my own judgment, I sure as hell can trust theirs.
>>
>>255946996
>Whats to stop it from becoming the next nexiuz.
Nothing. In fact, there's a huge chance that it will.
>>
>>255947213
Pretty much
>>
>>255947213
>>255947294
Well that answered my question. Guess ill just go reinstall 2k4 and click mr crow like 40 times to hear his name.
>>
>>255946996

Nothing.

It'll fail miserably because it probably won't have a group of passionate mapmakers around to constantly generate new maps. People keep forgetting that it wasn't necessarily the game itself that kept people playing, it was how normal folks could get involved in an ever innovating scene of creation and playtesting.
>>
where do they come up with these fucking stupid names
>>
File: 1393364725067.jpg (30KB, 680x510px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1393364725067.jpg
30KB, 680x510px
could be fun, I might enjoy it...
>>
>>255947527
we're running out of names thanks to shitty copyright and trademark law taking up all the sensible ones
>>
>>255947527

Probably from market testing on kids who want to stand from their Call of Duty brethren.
>>
>>255942267
> apt-get install nexuiz because it respects my freedoms
> no servers near me

was it alive once? :(
>>
File: 1406880198808.gif (2MB, 200x174px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1406880198808.gif
2MB, 200x174px
>>255947527

> tfw just realized it's toxic

I swear I thought that was an acronym or something.
>>
Looking at the weapons section, this is practically a PC Halo.

It could be fun, it could also suck, but the devs have made all the good decisions so far (levelling system for ADHD generation of today, but only for prestige and skins just like in old Halo, for instance).
>>
>NO FREE TO PLAY

That's great and all but it's beyond stupid to put that as a selling point
>>
It looks more like halo than quake.
>>
In all honestly I hope the Arena-FPS genre won't be revived, I remember just before /vr/ they were some of the biggest "Stop liking what I don't like" people, and it wasn't much better outside of 4chan either.
>>
File: gibe mone.png (68KB, 643x582px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
gibe mone.png
68KB, 643x582px
For what purpose
>>
>>255947527
Probably inspired by toxjq?
>>
>>255948734
Donations
>>
>>255948734
To pay shills
>>
>>255948734

>Dev states this purchase is literally just giving them money.
>Buttmad that this purchase just gives them money for nothing.

Could you really be this stupid?
>>
>>255949086
potato salad
>>
File: 1392488420330.jpg (102KB, 720x537px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1392488420330.jpg
102KB, 720x537px
>>255949281
>>
>>
File: 1237948127934.png (450KB, 1359x764px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1237948127934.png
450KB, 1359x764px
>>255949685

> people still use this
> 2011+3
>>
>>255936051
Where do I preorder?
>>
>>255936051
thats was an instant pre order for me
>>
>>255940140
Nexuiz was fine and suffered from people being either too casual or too autistic for it's random ass power ups.

Recoil was a piece of garbage that barely functioned and was DOA.
>>
File: RpOKr.jpg (57KB, 640x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
RpOKr.jpg
57KB, 640x480px
>>255949859
>>255949685

>Not using this alternative. In 2222 - 326 / 6 + 1698
>>
File: 1405985108468.png (221KB, 500x281px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1405985108468.png
221KB, 500x281px
>>255950080
>Nexuiz was fine
>>
>>255942050
God, Halo Custom Edition multiplayer with old /v/ was so fun. I miss those times.
>>
>>255950260
>imgur filename
Fuck off
>>
File: R1OwL.jpg (25KB, 294x243px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
R1OwL.jpg
25KB, 294x243px
>>255950427
>>
>>255936051
looks fun, stupid as fuck name
weve already got though
>quake live
>UT reboot
>>
>>255936051
>no regenerating health
since when is this a bad thing? Like actually, objectively a bad thing? Fact: it's not, it's just brought up because old games didn't have those and asshats want to be part of the "hardcore" group.
>>
>>255950708
it started with Halo(which made sense because it wasnt regenerating health, just a Regen shield)
but then call of duty picked it up and other games followed suit and now its the norm
>>
>>255950708
Usually is.

Did you just blast that nigga down to 1 health and die?
Well your work is for nothing he's back to 30 or 60 or 100 health.

Map control and health is an important part of arena shooters. You need to be able to manage these things to your advantage and against your opponent. You could even harm yourself so the enemy won't have a health spawn to pick up.
>>
>>255950412
>halo
>old /v/
choose one
>>
>>255951435

neo /v/ is the one that hates Halo
>>
>>255951593

> neo /v/ is the one that likes halo 2 and onward while hating halo 1 and captain king

ftfy
>>
>>255950692
>dead
>free to play with mod marketplace ala dota2 except worse since it will include classic maps which people will jew through the nose for, expect it to be dead within a year


so, yeah. no.
>>
>>255939581
It's not "free", the new UT is freeware and open source.

They're using it as a way get more devs involved with UE4 and all SOLD content by players will require them to give Epic a cut. Epic needs to do something like this because engines like Unity have been stealing a lot of their indie customers.
>>
>>255941350
Don't you mean, the best they could crumb up with?
>>
>>255950427
>imgur filename
Are you trying to say there is something wrong ith imgur?

It is just a image host faggot.
>>
>>255953285

> defending imgur

No anon, you are the faggots
>>
>>255953285
>i-it's just an image hosting site!
>>
>>255953394
It's a image host people use it to upload their images on.

>>255953517
Who cares? Why do you care? I see the same shit browsing 4chan. Total fucks given today = 0
>>
>>255953785
>people use it to upload their images on
So they can upboat whore on rebbit
>>
>>255939480
The new UT is more like UT98. This game looks like it's similar to UT2k4.
>>
>>255953894
Who cares? I don't go to reddit so I couldn't care what people do.
>>
>>255954103
>I don't go to reddit
Others do and they infest /v/
>>
File: fedarer.jpg (107KB, 600x527px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
fedarer.jpg
107KB, 600x527px
>>255950427

>memorizing file name formats

Its time to get a life anon
>>
>>255954320
No they don't, it is just your paranoid delusions.
People from reddit are on reddit.
>>
File: shrug.jpg (100KB, 520x520px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
shrug.jpg
100KB, 520x520px
>>255939645
>a fucking videogame AI has realized the only way to win is to stop all conflicts
>a fucking videogame AI is more intelligent than humanity
>>
>>255954486
>yes goy, it's paranoia
Fuck off kike

>>255954481
>not being able to identify normality
>>
>Designed as a spiritual successor to the fast paced arena shooters of the late 90s and early 2ks, there is no leveling, no skill-trees, no perks, no cover systems, no classes, no configurable weapons and no iron sight aiming.
>marketing all that shit
Thats like marketing your game having 60fps and 1080p res.
>>
File: 1402646202581.jpg (48KB, 468x528px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1402646202581.jpg
48KB, 468x528px
>>255954489
*tips fedora*
>>
>>255954703
>>>/CoD/
>>
File: war.png (212KB, 706x210px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
war.png
212KB, 706x210px
>>255939645
>>
>>255939645
why are people so guillible
>>
>>255936051
Looks soulless like most other games promising to "bring back the past"
>>
>imgur filename
>tumblr filename

Been here since 2006. There's all sorts of other shit to get angry at in this world besides someone posting a picture from imgur or tumblr. If you do, you probably have legitimate autism. Not what 4chan defines as autism, but actual medical autism.

I have a folder of intentionally renamed reaction images with imgur, facebook, kym, 9geg, and tumblr names just to fuck with spergs like you. Works every time.
>>
>>255939645
Unfortunately, John Carmack himself debunked this.

No fun allowed
>>
I like the look of this game.

No bullshit, just jump in and start killing people. No classes to choose from, no loadouts to worry about. Everyone is on a level playing field with the same weapons and vehicles and it all comes down to skill.
>>
I'll just continue playing CPMA
>>
File: 1406917117404.png (306KB, 452x439px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1406917117404.png
306KB, 452x439px
>bunnyhopping is a glitch and should be fixed in every game that has it
>>
>>255950427
Judging by how many characters are in the filename, it looks like he's been using imgur before it became cancer and full of meme makers.
>>
>>255955407
>>I'm only pretending to be a part of the problem!
There is no problem. The only problem is people like you making out that there is one and that everyone is from reddit and they are all out to get you and destroy 4chan.

Yeah,nah. It is just you and your paranoid delusions.

Also you are a weeaboo, all of your man child opinions go strait into the trash.
>>
>>255955725
Bunnyhopping is a glitch though.
>>
>>255955726
>complaining about memes on an image board.

memes started on image boards, most of them started on 4chan. I wouldn't expect new fags such as yourself to know these things though, you are a newfag after all.
>>
>>255955761
>there is no problem
You're clearly new.
>Also you are a weeaboo, all of your man child opinions go strait into the trash.
>bawww weeaboos!
>man child opinions
>strait
>luh garbage man yam
>>
http://www.reflexfps.net/
look here faggots
this is what you want and need
>>
>>255955726

I think I was in a reaction image thread years back and the thread reached file limit so someone just posted a link to a huge archive of reaction images and this was one of them...
>>
>>255955939
I didn't mean to put the ">"
>>
>>255956001
>complaining about rage faces on an imageboard that started them
>complaining about tripfags when tripcodes are a feature on imageboards
>complaining about emoticons when they were allowed on here
>complaining about anime on a japanese-influenced image board
Your logic is flawed
>>
>arena fps game thread
>hurr durr you're a newfag

Arena FPS players, ladies and gentlemen
>>
>>255956121
I can't wait >>255942007
>>
>>255940635
what killstreaks?
>>
File: 1325294694624.jpg (32KB, 400x300px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1325294694624.jpg
32KB, 400x300px
>Early access
>Not even listed on Steam yet
>Basically pre-order early access
>>
File: 1381607694384.jpg (15KB, 210x230px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1381607694384.jpg
15KB, 210x230px
>>255953192
>>
>>255956001
he means image macros
they call them "memes"
its fucking awful, place is just a reddit sub-hive now
>>
>>255936051
>no free2play
Yeah right, I've seen it too many times already.
>five months later
>get starter version for FREE!
Also as much as I hate fads like regenerating health or cover-based shooters, advertising a game with NOT HAVING SHIT! is retarded. Blatant pandering for nostalgiafags. It's fucking stupid.
>>
>>255941630
Babies first quake
Shitty input
Paying for free maps
Not just playing cpm
>>
>>255956054
>You're clearly new.
No I have been here since 2008.

You are the problem

>hur reddit is taking over 4chan
>they are all out to get me

No anon, redditors are on reddit being redditors. What you are doing is labelling people as redditors just because they have a different opinion to you.
Instead of accepting the differenc in opinion you cry redditor because it has become the thing that everyone does when someone says something they don't like. It has become nothing but a lame retort tocall somone a redditor or to tell them to go back to reddit.

You are a cancerous weeaboo man child though, I wouldn't expect you to understand what it is you are doing.
>>
>>255939358
the next UT is going to be packed to the gills with microtransactions
>>
File: 1387077898119.jpg (45KB, 300x300px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1387077898119.jpg
45KB, 300x300px
>>255953192
>no carlos.jpg
>>
>>255956597
>Been here since 2006.
>No I have been here since 2008.
Not even going to bother reading the rest.
2006 onwards is the problem.
>>
>>255956597
>You are a cancerous weeaboo man child though
and you call others cancer
>>
File: 132392553148.jpg (28KB, 311x311px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
132392553148.jpg
28KB, 311x311px
>>255956906
>2006 onwards is the problem.
Just kill yourself faggot.
>>
>>255957046
What an epic looking meme, friendo
You took the time to give it that coat of impact so I don't have to
Sir, my good sir, you are among the G-ds. I give you 9000.01 internets
>>
>>255954489
But war isn't stupid.
>>
File: 130849404286.jpg (82KB, 311x311px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
130849404286.jpg
82KB, 311x311px
>>255957263
Thanks for proving you are a newfag, that pic is from years ago.

This is an image board, memes, reaction images and rage comics are a part of 4chan and always have been.
You newfags always out yourselves when you start saying shit about memes. It is like you don't even know what an image board is, the clue is in the name.

Here, have another reaction image.
>>
>>255957621
>that pic is from years ago.
And people talked like that years ago too.
And refer to >>255956190
>>
File: dera_led.jpg (48KB, 640x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
dera_led.jpg
48KB, 640x480px
>thread turns into e-peen showing
>>
>>255957756
There is no need to be upset anon.

Shh, no tears. Only dreams.
>>
>>255956121
I want to believe

If not, this looks pretty neat. Hope it's fun.
>>
>>255936051
NO RELEASE DATE
>>
>>255940463
>CS:GO does this so much
Don't mind me being the best new maps to ever be added to Counter Strike.
>>
File: fd0.png (174KB, 470x455px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
fd0.png
174KB, 470x455px
>>255959428
>Mist
>good
pick zero and only zero
>>
I'll stick to Quake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY3LZ6Wh0yM

This looks like UT2k4 aka casual babby shit
>>
>>255959527
You should check out that filename son. All of the maps are fucking awful and I'm glad that cache isn't cycling through operations anymore.
>>
>>255940539
>ARMA
It's all CPU
>>
>>255959646
Not a fan of that frag movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWM8nfhYeXE
>>
>>255936051

>FRAG LIKE IT'S 1999
>double jumping and dodge jumps
>vehicles
>bodies not exploding into hilarious chunks of meat
>hit detection on screen

I think the year you were looking for is 2004 buddy. It looks like UTlite to me. Might give it a try if it comes out a lot earlier than UT4.
>>
File: 1405740944419.jpg (45KB, 400x400px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1405740944419.jpg
45KB, 400x400px
>I just spent 90 dollars on this
>>
>>255955076
>I have a folder of intentionally renamed reaction images with imgur, facebook, kym, 9geg, and tumblr names just to fuck with spergs like you. Works every time.

Thank you.

I don't have a problem with most of this, but if you're using a .gif and it's a tumblr filename, there's decent reason to be upset because tumblr gifs are always shit, but there's plenty of good artists on there so it shouldn't be surprising to a tumblr filename associated with your anime girl fanart.

retards on /v/ judge other websites the way everyone thinks /b/ is the entirety of 4chan
>>
>>255956586
>Shitty input
Explain? It feels fine to me, but I may certainly be a pleb. Is there input lag or something?
>>
>>255936051
vehicles in a arena shooter. no thanks.
>>
>>255961285
no that guys just a retard
>>
>>255961817
Are you retarded? It's fucking obvious that the vehicles are only for the vehicle focused game modes.
>>
>>255936051
be honest, are you one of the devs? I'm totally okay with shilling aslong as you put who the fuck you are in the meme field?
>>
>>255962308
>vehicle focused anything in an arena shooter
>>
>>255962779
>meme field
>>
>>255936051
>Halo mixed with UT2k4
only shitters would play this over QL
>>
>>255964539
>muh QL
>>
>>255964539
>Toxikk
>VIOLATOR
>NO BULLSHIT
So edgy
>>
>>255939358
>next Unreal Tournament is around the corner and is going to be free.
>FREE
Code for: It's going to fucking SUCK.
>>
>>255939358
The new UT = UT98 gameplay
Toxikk = UT2k4 gameplay
>>
>>255966228
Toxikk = UT3 gameplay
>>
File: ku-xlarge.gif (1MB, 640x361px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ku-xlarge.gif
1MB, 640x361px
>>255966228
>both will be based and arena FPSs will come back full force
>DOOM is looking good too
My body is ready.
>>
>>255966439
I want to bathe with him
>>
>>255954031
>>255966228

>UT98

Is this b8?
>>
I've spent an hour trying to play it now and it just keeps crashing.

It may not even be alpha ready but I am SLi so who knows.
>>
File: beatII.jpg (36KB, 299x275px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
beatII.jpg
36KB, 299x275px
>>255936051
>it's actually called "Toxikk"
>>
>We believe that "classic Arena-FPS" and "Free-to-Play" (F2P) don't go well together. A true arena FPS requires all player characters to have equal stats and the availability of all weapons to everyone. Always! The skill of a player should be the only deciding factor about victory or defeat
What F2P model has to do with this
QL is F2P and skill based, so is Doto 2
>inb4 buttblasted antidota 2 fags tell me there's no skill involved in dota 2
That's not my point and you fucking know it
>>
File: 1395667940556.jpg (651KB, 1732x1462px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1395667940556.jpg
651KB, 1732x1462px
>>
>>255936051
Looks shit
>>
>FRAG LIKE IT'S 1999
Shittiest tagline they could have possibly gone with.
Always hated that stupid term.
>>
File: stop.jpg (120KB, 582x625px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
stop.jpg
120KB, 582x625px
>>255967274
>>
File: penises.jpg (106KB, 560x420px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
penises.jpg
106KB, 560x420px
looks like it will attract the most toxikk part of the FPS game playerbase that incessantly whines about other games mid-match
>>
File: 1395449212911.png (254KB, 341x500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1395449212911.png
254KB, 341x500px
>>255936051
>NO FREE TO PLAY
So they expect people to pay for this garbage?
Thats your advertising "GIVE US YOUR MONEY"

Fuck off shill.
>>
>>255936051
>p2w trash
fucking dropped
>>
>>255967570
>FRAG LIKE IT'S 1999
>copy of UT2004
>>
>>255940665
I've only recently gotten into FPS and I completely agree with this guy. Bunnyhopping seems like an excellent way to get people to ignore any terrain differences in a map because they can just go from any point to any other point in a fraction of a second.
I mean, forced cover systems are terrible, but come on, learn to step behind a wall and bait your opponent if you don't want to get hit.
>>
File: 1403645329780.jpg (15KB, 179x181px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1403645329780.jpg
15KB, 179x181px
>>255936051
>Hey guys it's so old school
>Trailer only shows gameplay that looks exactly like newer games, no (real) movement shown, sniper sights shown, reloading/weapon prep time shown, vehicles shown, and all of it looks like that CNC renegade X remake mixed with a bit of halo which plays nothing like an arena shooter
>>
>>255939007
Hey come on prejudice wasn't that bad.
>>
File: 1404515860385.jpg (109KB, 425x375px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1404515860385.jpg
109KB, 425x375px
>Giving these guys money when #rekt is on the way
>>
pandering way too hard to the 'jaded gamer' crowd. didn't a game just like this come out a few years ago trying to revive arena shooters?
>>
<