[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Click for more| Home]

After making well over 4 million dollars with their original

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 432
Thread images: 50

File: douche.png (332KB, 577x586px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
douche.png
332KB, 577x586px
After making well over 4 million dollars with their original Kickstarter campaign for Mighty No. 9, Keiji Inafune and his team are now demanding more money.

They say that they need $200,000 for voice acting, and there will be more stretch goals after that.

http://www.mightyno9.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-6u8_G_J7I

Thoughts?
>>
More money for more stuff. Not as bad as asking for more money to just complete the project.
>>
Scam.
>>
>>255773896
If they release the game even without getting voice acting (and later releasing the voice as a free optional patch) It's fine by me, if not's they can go fuck themsleves for being a massive scamlord.
>>
>>255773896

Game is looking shit anyway. Not what we were expecting.
>>
>>
>>255773896
If you think it's a good idea, then put in your money. If you think it's a bad idea, then don't put in your money. There is no "demand". It's really that simple.

I don't think it's an unreasonable asking price. I never expected to have voice acting prior to this new stretch goal. He never promised voice acting prior to this new stretch goal.
>>
>>255774737
Man, I wish the game looked like that.
>>
>>255774759

You still have faith in this man/project?
>>
>>255774945
My faith was never in the man. My faith was in his dedication to working on video games. He may be a business man, but he's also a leader capable of assembling and managing a team far more skilled than himself. Leadership in project development is undervalued in this medium.
>>
>>255775516
>My faith was in his dedication to working on video games.

This is the guy who criticized his own industry for being behind the times, suggested DMC be given to western devs (look how well that turned out, business wise) and then promptly ran off to revitalize his dead industry with...another Megaman game.

He's awful.
>>
>>255775516

All the footage they've provided thus far has looked incredibly poor though
>>
>>255775516
Maybe he should round them up to make a good game.
>>
>>255776145
>(look how well that turned out, business wise)

Isn't DMC the best selling Devil may Cry game out of all of them?
>>
>>255773896

What I want to to know is why all of you faggots are all over Inafune's balls as though Inti-Creates have ever once made a bad game in this style.

I'll take all the Inti-Creates games I can get my hands on. If the stretch goals for this don't fill up then I don't give a fuck, I'll still buy the game when it comes out and you can suck my dick.
>>
>>255776757

It's actually the worst selling Devil May Cry. It did less than half of what DMC4 did.
>>
>>255776757
If you ignore its sales, yes.
>>
>>255774737
3d was a bad idea for this project imo. The concept art had the perfect style.
>>
>want to support Inti and the big names working on Mighty no. 9
>don't want to give Inafune a cent
>can't get physical rewards anymore anyway if I did

Ain't this a bitch.
>>
>>255776145
I don't understand, what any of this has to do with his ability to develop Megaman Rip-off.
>This is the guy who criticized his own industry for being behind the times
He was kind of right in a way. A lot of developers were re-using the same stagnant ideas.
>suggested DMC be given to western devs
Not his fault it was given to a studio who wasn't capable.
>and then promptly ran off to revitalize his dead industry with...another Megaman game.
But he's not trying to revitalize the industry. He said he's trying to merge the old concepts that people still love, with new ideas. And I'm seeing some new ideas for this game.

>>255776158
I disagree.

>>255776567
What?
>>
>>255776786

You're the one all over Inafune's balls, Anon. You're getting them nice and wet

This was always an obvious scam
>>
>>255777239
>What?
Maybe instead of rounding up a bunch of people to put out this crap, why not make them do a good job, since he's their boss and all?
>>
>>255776145

This is actually an enormous misconception. He advocated Capcom to give their IP to western devs, like bionic commando and DMC, but he didn't have a say in the specific devs. He didn't specifically advocate that shitty Swedish team or Ninja Theory. In fact, he's said a bunch of time that many of these games turned out to be failures was because Capcom refused to communicate well enough with the devteams, and the dev teams refused to communicate with Capcom.

So the notion of western devs doing their IP in it of itself isn't flawed, it's the execution. Wayforward's Ducktales remake was solid for example.
>>
>>255773896
I've met the man and he's probably the most humble developer out there. He was the first to come out and criticize the xenophic Japanese game industry. People praised him for this shit, whilst the same crowd probably lashed out at Phil Fish.

This fucking guy created Onimusha.

He even respects Kamiya as a game developer - even when one of you faggots tried to tell him at SGC that Kamiya hated him.
>>
>>255776145
>revitalize his dead industry with...another Megaman game.

He made Soul Sacrifice before MN9 but of course you would conveniently ignore that.
>>
File: Seinfeld-Leaving.gif (773KB, 295x221px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Seinfeld-Leaving.gif
773KB, 295x221px
>bland, uninspired 3D models and environments
>dull gameplay revolving around dashing "combo" gimmicks
>cheesy as fuck 3D animated series trailer
>$100k for English dubs
>>
>>255777340

I actually don't give a single fuck about Infanue, I just want more Inti Creates games. Mighty Number 9 looks decent and Azure Striker Gunvolt looks incredible.
>>
>>255777374
I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. They're still filling the game with content. So far, we've only seen the basic concept, of run > shoot > dash. Which is the basis of what makes Mega Man.
>>
>>255777476
Kamiya doesn't hate Inafune. He thinks he's a great Business Man! :^)
>>
>>255777545
he's only credited as the conceptor, that doesn't really say how much of a hand he had in making it. Sure he pitched it and that was what made the ball start rolling but others on the team might have had a bigger role than him
>>
>>255777476
>most humble developer out there

No he's not. He's not even a developer firstly. He labels himself as the creator of Mega Man which is a blatant lie. He's never really done anything of value.
>>
>>255777239
>Not his fault it was given to a studio who wasn't capable.

It IS though. Considering the only good games to come from his whole Western Cocksucking were Dead Rising 2, Bionic Commando Rearmed and BC09. Maximo was an amazing game too, but it was from well before he was in charge. Oh and remember the time Inafune got another really cheap, awful western dev to work on a Japanese series. You know, Ninja Gaiden?

He's had PLENTY of times to prove it's a good idea, but given the fact he never actually finds competent studios. At least Capcom recently hired Wayforward to do Ducktales.

>>255777404
You should read up on BC09's development, most of it's issues were Capcom's executive meddling.

>>255777476
Yoshiki Okamoto created Onimusha. Inafune wasn't the creator of Mega Man either.
>>
>>255773896

I always wondered why the fuck Inafune always has looked so "off". He keeps some sort of weird stubble mustache shit going on, what the fuck is that? Guy has looked weird since I first saw him. Nigga's face looks like its tilted to the side and shit.
>>
>>255777682
Yeah, and it all looks like shit.
>>
>>255777861
Are you fucking kidding me? Keiji worked on almost all of the original Rockman games; almost dying from malnutrition during 3. He is a developer.
>>
>>255773896
Now we know why Capcom didn't want to work with this fucker. It all makes sense now.
>>
>>255777782

Infanue doesn't program or direct games and hasn't had a direct involvement outside of concept design or as producer in almost 20 years you retard. It's the same thing for Mighty Number 9. He's not doing design or direction for it, he only created the concept, just like with Soul Sacrifice. Both are still Comcept games.
>>
>>255777923
>It IS though.
How? Did he pick the studios himself? he obviously didn't run Capcom. What power did he have?
>>
>>255778015

Sorry, but no. He's an artist, mostly for monsters/enemies. He didn't even design Mega Man himself. Mega Man's look was already done before Inafune was brought on.
>>
>>255773896
>Voice acting
I hope it's not for the animated show.
>>
File: 54662104824.jpg (7KB, 225x224px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
54662104824.jpg
7KB, 225x224px
>>255773896
>Keiji Inafune and his team are now demanding more money
>demanding
>>
>>255778290

This.

I have no idea how he got credited with Rockman's creation. I suppose he created the "original" NES look because he redrew another guys idea but i mean come on
>>
>>255778345
That model reminds me of Food Fight.
>>
>>255774368
They will release the game no matter what happens. They have way more than enough, and have stated so. The new campaign is for ADDITIONAL content.
>>
>>255778241
He was the Global Head of Production. If he didn't see a developer fit when they drew them out of a hat, he could have said so.
>>
There's always a warning for these things. There's always someone trying to stop you

But you didn't listen
>>
>>255777959
Not the same anon, but all this vague criticism isn't really helping your case, you know.
>>
>>255778508
If they have more than enough money, why do they need to raise more than more than enough?
>>
>>255777404
>He advocated Capcom to give their IP to western devs, like bionic commando and DMC

How is this any better? If it wasn't NT fucking it up it'd have been someone else, like Sony Santa Monica.

Western devs don't get what makes action games so good, period. I'm playing Shinobi right now, never in a million years could a western Dev make a game like this.

Maybe we should give Street Fighter to the MK9/Injustice Developers too while we're at it.
>>
File: 1302939100325.jpg (40KB, 700x476px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1302939100325.jpg
40KB, 700x476px
>>255773896
Oh look...It's THIS thread again.
>>
He's a hack.

I would rather give Anita Sarkeesian another $200k.
>>
File: 1111.gif (369KB, 500x501px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1111.gif
369KB, 500x501px
People of the earth, lean me your Paypal wallet.
>>
>>255778762
>ADDITIONAL content
Jesus Christ, I even caps locked that.
>>
>>255778764
To be fair, Shinobi 3D was made by a Western Developer and is actually a fantastic game. It's not an action game though, it's more like the older Shinobi titles.
>>
File: 1402370910214.jpg (49KB, 500x373px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1402370910214.jpg
49KB, 500x373px
>>255777404

>but he didn't have a say in the specific devs.

He SPECIFICALLY chose Ninja Theory because he thought they made games that felt like "movies" which is what he wanted DMC to feel like. Then he specifically told ninja Theory to make Dante as different and western as possible when Ninja Theory showed about of concept art heavily based on the original series.

And Grin actually made both Bionic Commando Rearmed which are both fucking great games. They were chosen for their past work on the series and they actually wanted to make it as wacky and dumb as possible, just like the Rearmed games. And surprise, surprise, Inafune told them to make it as gritty, serious and western as possible when he saw the first alpha footage. This is why Nathan Spencer's alternate skin, the retro skin, had some much animation detail during cutscenes such as lifting his glasses when he's used scopes and shit. Because that actually was his original skin.

The man was Director of Overall Game development and Research, he had ALL the power he could have and then some. He literally couldn't climb more in the development ladder, he only had to answer to the board.

>This is actually an enormous misconception.

Speak for yourself. All of this shit is in several interviews online, either said by Inafune's co-workers or Inafune himself. You can stop being a shameless apologist sheep now, you're only demeaning yourself.
>>
>>255778801
Oh, look... It's THIS post again.
>>
>>255777545

So he just wanted to make one game then go back to stagnating, okay, he's a visionary for sure. The hero the Japanese Industry needs.

Meanwhile Kamiya makes the only game worth a damn on the WiiU in terms of using the fucntions of the damn console and it's NOTHING like any game currently out (inb4 Pikmin herp derp).
>>
>>255778508

If they got way more than enough money, why don't they use the extra for additional content?

It's called greed anon
>>
>>255778647

Doesn't really mean he had a say. And shareholders could easily override his actual suggestions for development and make him pick studies that would be cheaper and more efficient at ploping out games. For example, if he wanted to team up with CD Projekt Red hypothetically for an open world Onimusha game, Capcom could argue that they would take too much time to make it and they want a game out in 2 years and not 3-5 years and tell him to go to some shit studio like Ninja Theory to churn out a shit game much faster.
>>
File: kamiya_hideki.jpg (14KB, 360x270px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
kamiya_hideki.jpg
14KB, 360x270px
>only 16,000
>>
>>255778919
You really believe that. Why do you have such blind loyalty towards someone who really had very little to do with the creation of Mega Man?
>>
>>255778686
I'd like to see anything proving the game won't be shit.
The like 30 seconds they've shown us have been pretty awful.
>>
>>255778995
>It's not an action game though

I see it as an arcade title.

Shinobi on the PS2 is a perfect game
>>
>>255779005

>He SPECIFICALLY chose Ninja Theory because he thought they made games that felt like "movies" which is what he wanted DMC to feel like. Then he specifically told ninja Theory to make Dante as different and western as possible when Ninja Theory showed about of concept art heavily based on the original series.

Citation desperately needed.
>>
>>255779161

>Doesn't really mean he had a say.

That's EXACTLY what it means. Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>255779161
Too bad it took Ninja Theory over 3 years to developer DmC.

>>255779005
With BC09, you can definitely tell they left some of the goofy things in the game too, like Super Joe telling you you have to fuck one of the bosses instead of fighting it when it loads sometimes.
>>
File: 1341427371465c.jpg (49KB, 336x327px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1341427371465c.jpg
49KB, 336x327px
http://store.steampowered.com/app/227320/

Maybe they should check this game out.
>>
>>255779084
That's already being used for the original stretch goals.
Also, it would be dishonest with people who backed during the KS campaign to relocate funds for new goals that no one has been informed of previously. Many of the KS backers don't care for VA.

>>255779270
Yes, but all you did so far was say "shit" and "awful" without telling us WHY you think that. When you make a statement like that, a mere "no it's not" would easily counter it.
>>
>>255778647
Being a producer doesn't necessarily mean you have the rights and privileges to decide which studio gets to work with the business's IPs.

Besides, he was given that title 6 months prior to him leaving the company.
>>
>>255779005
>He SPECIFICALLY chose Ninja Theory because he thought they made games that felt like "movies" which is what he wanted DMC to feel like. Then he specifically told ninja Theory to make Dante as different and western as possible when Ninja Theory showed about of concept art heavily based on the original series.

Anyone got that interview where Capcom shito n NT designs for DmC?

It was like:

>Capcom : "So why does this Demon have a wristblade? Does he attack with it?"

>DmC: "Nah, we just thought it looked cool"

I bet Capcom were smiling there while internally were like 'I've made a huge mistake.jpg'
>>
>>255779063

Comcept's also putting out Azure Striker Gunvolt and put out Bugs vs Tanks. But you can keep lying to both yourself and everyone else.

I don't know what Kamiya has to do with any of this, because Kamiya doesn't own or run Platinum and is just a designer/director. He doesn't run the company like Inafune runs Comcept. Different jobs and responsibilities.
>>
>That shit level design
>Enemy horde room

Well, there goes any hopes I had for this being good.
>>
>>255779641
Natsume was actually the developer of Bugs vs. Tanks. All Inafune and Comcept did for it was give the idea.
>>
>>255779396

And it's technically inferior to DMC3 as well as arguably, a fucking nightmare of over use of bloom and terrible coloring.
>>
>tfw I backed it

>it looks like a cheap cell phone game
>>
>kickstarter
sure i love scam websites
>crapcum
nice blind fanboys giving money for free . now they don't pay for patches they directly give money away in chance of nothing
>>
>>255779814

Sasuga Inafune, businessmen usually come up with the best ideas.
>>
>>255779835
So far they were testing the engine, I don't think they even have all the assets needed yet
>>
>>255779893
>Mighty No. 9 belongs to Capcom
Are you hearing yourself right now?
>>
>>255779396
>With BC09, you can definitely tell they left some of the goofy things in the game too, like Super Joe telling you you have to fuck one of the bosses instead of fighting it when it loads sometimes.

Grin was actually fucking pissed at Inafune's requests concerning the direction of the game. The entire team was basically doing something they never did (Gritty serious shit) and they snuck some goofy shit here and there throughout the game.

There's actually plenty of interviews that popped out after Grin closed talking about how discontent they were in general while making the game. That and Square Enix being absolutely fucking retarded while working with a game dev. SE was so fucking stupid in dealing with them, that it was part of the reason why they bought Eidos Interactive.
>>
>>255779387

No it doesn't. Top investors/board have the final say. Are YOU fucking retarded that you literally didn't read my post?

>>255779396

>Too bad it took Ninja Theory over 3 years to developer DmC.

Development started in late 2010 and finished in 2012 and the remaining period was spent marketing the game. That's 2 years of dev time. But even if it took 3 years, sometimes shit happens and games have to get delayed. However, the point is that shareholders could easily pick a studio that promises to get a game out in 2 years over a studio that will make a better game but will take longer.
>>
Daily reminder

Hideki Kamiya said it best
>>
>>255779835
It looks like a cheap cell phone game pre-smartphone days. Like a cheap cell Nokia phone game.
>>
>Another thread Inafune thread where /v/ shows how hipster they are by bashing something they hyped in the first place.
>>
>>255777103
then people would complain about a 4 million dollar "flash" game
>>
Before MN9:
>MUH INAFUNE GIVE US MEGAMAN INAFOONAAAAAY
During MN9:
>THANK YOU BASED FUNE EVEN NOW THERE IS HOPE FOR MAN
Now:
>WAAAH I ALWAYS KNEW HE WAS A HACK, KIKESTARTER NOT EVEN ONCE

Can you fuckers just make up your mind already?
>>
>>255780215
There's a reason he hasn't made a game that's sold well in years. He might not be that man you want to take advice on people from.
>>
File: jeannee.jpg (45KB, 1093x623px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
jeannee.jpg
45KB, 1093x623px
>>255780215

Why is Kamiya so based?
>>
Keiji Inafune is the Japanese Tim Schafer.
>>
>>255780170
Didn't Square required that Grin send EVERYTHING by Fax and then turn down some designs for not looking Final Fantasy enough when they were LITERALLY designs from XII?
>>
>>255780170

>Square Enix
>Bionic Commando

What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>255779591

http://www.polygon.com/2013/1/30/3931784/capcom-devs-describe-the-long-distance-romance-with-ninja-theory-that
>>
>>255780476
That's not even a remotely accurate comparison.
>>
>>255780215
>Inafune is a businessman
And that is a bad thing how...?
>>
>>255780456
/v/'s new thing is to hype something, then pretend they didn't and then try to watch it burn to the ground like they knew it was going to the whole time.
>>
>>255780575

Don't take it personally kid.
>>
File: 1392741983327.gif (433KB, 500x275px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1392741983327.gif
433KB, 500x275px
>Give money to Mighty no. 9 thinking it will be basically megaman
>every gameplay video they show has a stupid fucking "dash into enemies to absorb them" as a core mechanic

This isn't what I backed
>>
>>255780575
That he only cares about money, not about making a good game.
>>
>>255780575
Yes, because you are getting jewed hard, faggot.
>>
>>255780575
Because there is no creative type with a proven record behind his project?

I don't see how it's so hard to tell this isn't going to be good.
>>
>>255780507

That was a Final Fantasy game actually. I kinda switched topics there, sorry.

>>255780487

>Didn't Square required that Grin send EVERYTHING by Fax

Yep. By fucking fax. It's fucking baffling.
>>
>>255780507
Grin was working on FFXII: Fortress for Square. Said game is what killed Grin. Grin developed Bionic Commando Rearmed and 09.
>>
>>255780752

>inti creates
>no proven record

Are you fucking kidding or do you literally know nothing about video games?
>>
>>255780469

Are you talking about Kamiya? I don't know about sales, but almost everything he's ever created has been really good
>>
Didn't they announce an animated show? Surely they could have put the massive amount of money that would have gone into that black hole and invested it in stuff people would actually appreciate, like the aforementioned voice acting?
>>
>>255781004
Not really. Only thing passable was Bayonetta, and that is just an off-brand DMC.
>>
>>255781116
>Only thing passable was Bayonetta
Have you forgotten about Viewtiful Joe?
>>
>>255780518

>The Capcom project leads also recalled Ninja Theory's initial penchant for concentrating on cool visuals first, then building the world image from there, regardless of whether the gameplay matched well with it or not.

Alarm Bells must have rang so hard at this point they exploded.
>>
Wasn't The Witcher 2 made on that budget? As in a fucking 3D rpg with writing and voice acting and all kinds of shit vs a 2D megaman knock off?
>>
>>255781116

Kamiya created DMC
>>
>>255780469
>kamiya makes a distinction between art/craft and business, implies inafune only really cares about the money rather than delivering a quality game that may only appeal to a niche (perhaps, the niche that funded it)
>your retort to that is "oh yeah well kamiya's games haven't made that much money"
go to bed keiji
>>
>>255781116

Bayonetta is actually better than any DMC game to date in my opinion, and Kamiya directed the original DMC regardless, directed Viewtiful Joe, Okami, worked on early Resident Evil games

are you this much of a pleb? Get off /v/
>>
>>255781015

They aren't funding the show.
>>
>>255781015
They're not spending a sincle cent with the animation. That's not how licensing works. It's Digital Frontier who's paying them to use the MN9 license to make the animation, not the other way around.
>>
>>255773896
>demanding
Uhh, not really.
>>
>>255781305
>>255781321
>>255781335
Kamiya Defense Force engaged.
>>
File: 68f0520e.jpg (32KB, 480x454px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
68f0520e.jpg
32KB, 480x454px
>>255781365

Or maybe that's just the story they're giving us.

Based on the footage we've seen, I don't think the entire 4 million went toward the game development.
>>
>>255781439
nice
>>
And DMC1 could be released tomorrow and still be one of the best action games.
>>
>>255781439

He's undeniably a very talented game director
>>
>>255781439


>guy literally says that the only thing Kamiya made that sold well or was good was an off brand DMC
>I explain that Kamiya made DMC, so that's a factually incorrect statement
>"defense force derp"

You can't be this stupid.
>>
>>255780469
There's a reason a game Inafune has worked on in the last six years hasn't sold well. Or gotten good reviews. Funny how most of his games lately are by bottom of the barrel western teams too.

Honestly, how can someone like Inafune have fans anyway?
>>
>>255777404
He convinced Tecmo and Capcom to outsource to Spark Unlimited: makers of 'masterpieces' like Turning Point. Let that sink in for a moment.

Whether he did it to save a couple bucks or to intentionally kill those franchises, I'm not sure.
>>
>>255781439
>spout shit
>get called out
>"m-muh defense force"
looks like the faggot dicksucker force is engaged, and you're the captain
>>
>>255781651
Nah. He would be shouted down for being Misogynistic and appealing to the lowest common denominator. /v/ would call him 2edgy4u.
>>
>>255773896
Holy shit, didn't these fucking jews already get a gorillion dollars?
>>
>>255781750
People somehow got the idea that he was either the person responsible for creating Mega Man, or that he was the person who made the early Mega Man games.
>>
>>255781771

I've said this many fucking times, but there's no actual proof anywhere that Inafune himself is responsible for these studios anymore than the upper management and board of directors at Tecmo and Capcom.
>>
>>255781594
They said most stuff is placeholder. And really we all know >it's a beta. Only three stages have been made so far. Chill out, anon.

Besides, that's just how it works. It would make no sense from a business standpoint for Comcept to pay Digital Frontier AND allow them to use their license. It's as if Valve/Nintendo/whoever paid you to acquire their games.
>>
File: comfy.jpg (5KB, 246x205px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
comfy.jpg
5KB, 246x205px
>TFW decided not to back this
>TFW I'll be able to buy this for $5 in a sale a few years from now with no drama or bullshit

Thanks guys.
>>
if they get no funding, will they release the game as is?
>>
>>255781717
You accidentally typed an "un" before "deniably", anon.
>>
>>255780132
>In an interview published in an issue of Game Informer, Inafune revealed he would not rule out Capcom, his former employer, as a potential publisher for the game, even if it meant re-skinning Mighty No. 9 as an actual Mega Man game.
>>
>>255781850
>appealing to the lowest common denominator

With DMC?
>>
>>255773896
Has the outrage over the feminist involvement in this project blown over?
>>
>>255782151
And you conveniently left out the "if they had the best terms" and the "I don't see that happening" parts.
>>
scamlords. Stop giving money to these people.
>>
>>255779287

To be fair Shinobi PS2 is mediocre. The level design is passable, the latter half of the game suffers from a terrible camera that leads to istant deaths and having to wait specific attacks to onehit kill bosses was a terrible mechanic, especially for the final boss.
>>
Ah Inafune, one of the biggest dickheads in the gaming industry who has spent the entire last gen whining about Japanese devs, not because they're actually less competent than their Western counterparts, but because Inafune himself is a fraud and hack who couldn't design, direct, or create a good game if his life depended on it.

Fuck that self-xenophobic crybaby; his ideas are downright poisonous and should be scorned and ridiculed at every chance
>>
>>255773896
Why is it suddenly cool to hate on Keiji Inafune? He's made a shit load of good games, and now you all hate him?
>>
>>255782125
Yes. The new funding is for new content only. No money from the old campaign will go to the new goals, and vice-versa.
>>
>>255782382
For all of the shit he gives Japan, the fact he's worked on an Idea Factory game is hilarious. Not even fucking Japan likes Idea Factory, they call them Idea Fuck over there.
>>
>>255776145
>>This is the guy who criticized his own industry for being behind the times

I can kinda see where he's coming from. Japanese companies used to dominate the market in the 90's with Konami, Square Soft, Capcom, Namco, Tecmo, Irem,Treasure, SNK etc constantly releasing new hits and being at the top of developers.

Now most of these companies are dead, merged, or losing money like crazy while a western company like Activision is able to make more money then any game company has ever made on just one IP.

The only real big Japanese IPs I can think of that are doing well right now are Metal Gear and the Souls series and they copy western themes
>>
File: m9.jpg (45KB, 657x353px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
m9.jpg
45KB, 657x353px
>>255782310
Sorry, it's what came up when I searched it up.
>>
>>255782005

At Capcom he was both "upper management" (highest development related role) and part of the board of directors.

Having two of his projects being developed by the same team under different publishers is a bit too much of a coincidence in any case, especially since TK wouldn't have had any reasons to choose Spark, as they had never worked on action games.
>>
>>255782382
>Ah
Stopped reading there.
>>255782401
Wait for someone to reply you with
>Inafune
>Making games
Because that's the default defense mechanism for /v/ now, along with "it's a beta" and "Kamiya warned us".
>>
>$4 million
How can you spend that money on a platformer?
>>
>>255782581

kill yourself
>>
>>255782674
Nice one, edgelord.
>>
>>255782581
I see, sorry for being harsh then. Buy really, try looking up more info before you post stuff.
>>
>>255782526
that and he has a TERRIBLE eye for Western devs. The only ones that did decent were with Dead Rising 2 and Bionic Commando Rearmed. Everything else has been SHIT. And the idiot is completely oblivious to that
>>
>>255782401
What did he make exactly?

Mega Man was by Akira Kitamura and produced by Tokruo Fujiwara. Inafune only became producer after Fujiwara left Capcom.
>>
>>255782648
>>
>>255782805
He did art direction for the first game, and actually pushed forward the development for Mega Man 2, despite Capcom's skepticism after MM1 performed less than expected in sales. If it wasn't for him, Mega Man would be one game, not a series.
>>
>>255782341
>To be fair Shinobi PS2 is mediocre.

Like I said, it was perfect, you're wrong.

> The level design is passable,

No, you see, Shinobi aims for simplicity and to do one thing and do it well which is fast paced arcade kills, Ninja Gaiden style levels would slow it down.

And no one will ever convince me the camera in Shinobi is bad, I once heard people say the pitfalls were a flaw in this game which was amazing, people just need to get better.

If people can speed run this (including shuriken throwing off screen obelisks) with barely enough time to move the camera at all then that's enough proof for me.

As for the boss thing, you make it sound easy, it isn't. That's why it's satisfying.
>>
>>255782913
For 250k, that documentary better sweep all the film festivals.
>>
>>255782648

They do not really need to spend all of it, as long as they deliver what was promised.

Basically, they could spend half of it and use the rest on marketing or other projects.

>>255782913

Stretch goals do not represent the actual cost, they are just extras to incentivate donations. For example, the making-of documentary was tied to a 250k donations goal and it sure as hell does not cost that much.
>>
>>255782542

If DMC is behind the times then I'll happily live in the past thank you very much.
>>
>>255782581
that's pretty fucking sleazy

>I'm gonna make a copycat of the franchise I left with my publisher and hold it as a bargaining chip if the fanbase gets big enough that they are willing to give me even more money
>>
File: ngbbs4dd846eac8300.jpg (39KB, 480x345px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ngbbs4dd846eac8300.jpg
39KB, 480x345px
DAILY REMINDER:

Keiji Inafune did NOT design Mega Man's look or concept. NO iteration of Mega Man's design (Mega Man, X, .EXE, etc.) was done by Inafune.

Thank you.

He's a fraud.
>>
File: 1406821223935.jpg (287KB, 796x1794px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1406821223935.jpg
287KB, 796x1794px
vidagames
>>
>>255783217
>they do not really need to spend it all
They're asking for hundreds of thousands more for voice acting.

They already got fucking $4 million.
>>
>>255783117

>As for the boss thing, you make it sound easy, it isn't. That's why it's satisfying.

There's nothing difficult about it, it's just tedious. You spend 10 minutes running around waiting for the boss to do a specific attack and nothing else.
>>
>>255783159
That money doesn't go exclusively to stretch goals, but to the game development in general.

For example, if the game hadn't broken the initial 900k goal, they wouldn't be using Unreal Engine, making it more difficult to port the game.
>>
>>255781750
As far as I know, he came up with the original design of Megaman and worked on the early Megaman games as an concept artist/character designer/object designer. He eventually climbed the ranks to be the (sometimes executive) producer of games. However, people seem to think that because he came up with the illustration/concept of the Megaman character, because he was "involved" in the early games' development in some way, and because he later became a "producer", that he is actually some kind of actual game designer or programmer who actually has any meaningful talent gameplay-wise, that he was actually the whole reason why those Megaman games were good, rather than the directors/designers/project leads behind them. Man makes a good artist, apparently he also worked as a designer in the original Street Fighter and Ducktales games, that combined with the designs from Megaman make a fucking awesome portfolio, but he didn't design gameplay mechanics or program anything into them. He's also "produced" some good games, like Lost Planet, Dragon's Dogma, Minish Cap and Ghost Trick, but there's a difference between "producing" and "directing", in a way it could be said to be similar to the relationship between a publisher and a developer, the publisher is at the top and/or provides funding as well as making some calls, but the developer is the real one behind the game.

What this means, though, is that Mighty No. 9 won't necessarily be bad. If Inafune sticks to his traditional role of illustration and production, and hires competent people for direction, design, and so on, then there's no reason it can't be like some of the many Megaman games he's produced, or those games like Dragon's Dogma that he produced. All we can do is wait for the game to be released and see
>>
>>255773896

You can't manage 4 million? That's a 40 man team for a year at 100k salary. This smug cunt needs to budget.
>>
>>255783338
>Inafune never did that which he explicitly said he did not do, despite the fact that people still believe otherwise. Because of that, he is a fraud.

Are you hearing yourself right now?
>>
File: 1405568060416.png (91KB, 282x258px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1405568060416.png
91KB, 282x258px
>>255783338
He finalized the Mega Man design and he also designed Zero, who is miles cooler.
Besides, he never claimed to.
>>
File: 1403507049498.jpg (638KB, 1788x1996px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1403507049498.jpg
638KB, 1788x1996px
>>255783456
>he came up with the original design of Megaman

Wrong. Mega Man was designed and conceptualized by someone else.

Mighty No. 9 is a ripoff of Mega Man.

Mighty No. 9 is ripping off other people's ideas.
>>
>>255783217
>Stretch goals do not represent the actual cost, they are just extras to incentivate donations.
They also go to all other aspects of the development itself. See >>255783451
>>
>>255783451
Right, but once you take out the fixed development costs from 4 million, you are left with a ton of salary money. Am I really supposed to believe you can't afford to have 4 talented, but not famous, VAs come in and read a substantial amount of lines within the budget?
>>
>>255773896
Another kickstarter that needs more money, what a surprise.
>>
>>255783091
Inafune wasn't the only person who worked on Mega Man 2. It was the whole team doing it in private. It was Fujiwara's first Mega Man on top of that.

>>255783710
He did until very recently. Go watch the episode of Icons about Mega Man. Not a single mention of Kitamura.
>>
>>255780476
But Schafer is based and delivers
>>
>>255783596
>the only expense in developing a game is pure salary for the main team, not even considering any other costs of hiring them outside the raw pay they get
Just get out, retard. Maybe Inafune could do better, but you obviously don't know a single thing about what you're spouting
>>
>>255783710

keep bouncing on inafune's dick
>>
>>255783406

10 minutes? You're exaggerating a lot here. You wait about 30 seconds on most bosses and longer for later ones to get enough minion spawns.

I just did 2-A and that boss instantly starts off with like 6 Dogs, takes 5 seconds to 1 hit kill him.

Not the norm, but yeah, not every boss is the same, granted the last boss is a fucking asshole but he's a standout due to that reason.

>that feel when no Nightshade on PSN

Yes, I like Nightshade, what of it?
>>
>>255773896

Scam. Stay the fuck away.
>>
>>255783997
Gladly, you buttmad underage.
>>
>>255783952

A lot of delusional Anonymous such as this guy are suffering from something called post-purchase rationalization

They have already backed the product and even though it turned out to be a big scam, they will continue lying to themselves... it is quite sad
>>
>>255782739
>>255783298
>>255782782
>>255782581

> If Capcom came up with really great terms to make it a Mega Man game, then of course I would listen and that would be an option. But the base of this game is that we wanted to create something original. If they gave us an offer we couldn’t refuse, that would mean having to change the main character into Mega Man. On top of that, it would still have to be our IP, which is what we want. I can’t foresee that happening. We really want this to be our thing.

>I can’t foresee that happening. We really want this to be our thing.
>>
>hating Keiji Inafune
*tips fedora*
>>
>>255777923

Talking to the developers at Grin before BC09 came out made me really hate Capcom. BC09 was still fun as hell though.
>>
>>255783812
>Four VAs
The game would have many, MANY more than that.
>Beck
>Call
>Patch (maybe)
>8 bosses
>Three doctors
And that is for japanese AND english. That'd be 26 to 28 VA's in total, and that's only for the characters we know about. Also, see >>255779493
>>
>>255784159
>sucking Inafune's dick
*tips fedora*
>>
That blind samurai boss in Shinobi was cool as fuck, if you walked slowly he couldn't sense you, you could stroll right past him and until you jumped to the walls (to kill the minions) he springs into action.
>>
>>255783812

If an A list actor gets 20 million for a movie, a D list anime voice actor on the level of Johnny Young Bosch or whatever could easily demand 50k for a role.
>>
This makes no sense. Why would anyone want voice acting? 200k to make them not have voice acting would be realistic.
>>
>>255784132
>Using the "scam" buzzword
This has been done more than once in here already.
Read the fucking thread.
>>
>>255784414

I want bad voice acting. It's not w-megaman without it.
>>
>>255773896

That Kamiya was right.

I'm ashamed that I put money in the original Kickstarter, but my love for Megaman kept me optimistic.
>>
>>255780362
this
>>
>>255784274
The Simpsons has 5 or 6 VAs that do maybe a few hundred characters between the lot of them.

South Park does pretty much the same thing.

You'll need two female VAs for both En and JP Beck and Call, as well as any other characters you want to do. You'll need two male VAs for any bosses and doctors or whatever.

That's 4 talented VAs that can cover your entire cast.

>26
If that's true, than Kamiya has never been more right about anything. It's a fucking indie game, and he needs to act like it.
>>
>>255784149
the fact he opened that door before anything even happened just shows how greedy he is
>>
>>255784929

Trey Parker and Matt Stone get MILLIONS to do South Park. The Simpsons VAs get hundreds of thousands of dollars to do their work. They also have the ability to demand high sums of money because they are irreplaceable iconic voices.

Complaining about 200k for an ENTIRE VA budget is fucking childish and baby tier, you're a moron.
>>
>>255784929
>It's a fucking indie game, and he needs to act like it.
That argument makes no sense. You're saying that he shouldn't try to make the game better just because it's not AAA.
>>
>>255784990
>If Capcom came up with really great terms
>If
>If
>If
>If
>>
>>255784990
>just shows how greedy he is


>Sure I can let Capcom fund my game but that would mean Beck would have to be changed into Megaman. I don't want that to happen, this is my own thing

Somehow this shows greed?
>>
>>255785223
Because they were getting millions right from the start right?
>>
File: Roll-Call.jpg (12KB, 213x197px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Roll-Call.jpg
12KB, 213x197px
So wait a minute

if Inafune's main role in the Mega Man series was to illustrate enemies and he didn't even come up with any of the ideas, why are we giving him a pass on basically stealing Mega Man? it's literally Mega Man and it even has classic Roll

Shouldn't he get sued or something? This guy is starting to seem like a big thieving jew
>>
>>255785223
Parker and Stone do all the non-women voices and they basically write episodes every week.

The Simpsons VAs get hundreds of thousands every episodes because they're good VAs and they've been doing the same show for 20 years.

Voice acting for a game this calibre is not 200k worthy. It's worth a couple hundreds and coupons to McDonalds
>>
>>255785246
No, I'm saying he needs to understand that sacrifices need to be made and creative limitations need to be set. If you can't afford to spend 100 million dollars on a game, you need to find creative solutions to get around that.

There are tons of people who have made indie games with exceptional voice acting and 200k would be a more than substantial % of their total budget.

>>255785223
They can demand that because they are famous. There's no reason why MN9, a brand new indie IP needs VAs of that caliber.
>>
>>255785482

They certainly got more than 200k to air South Park from the start. If that was what people sell shows to network for TV wouldn't exist at all you sperglord. You're wrong, deal with it.
>>
>>255785223
Cool strawman bro
>>
>>255785685
for over 20 years*
>>
>>255785819

How is that a strawman you fucking retard?
>>
>>255785784
Way to sidestep the simpsons VAs in your argument there
>>
>>255785664

you can't sue for something looking similar

you either stole assets or you didn't
>>
>>255785685
I don't think that The Simpson's cast asks for an outrageous amount outside of the show either, because Dan Castelleneta is still in plenty of things outside of The Simpsons. Like Kingdom Hearts, since he voiced Genie in the Aladdin show and second film.
>>
>>255785685
>>255785775

You missed the point of my post because you're stupid, but if they command that much money, D list anime voice actors can easily demand 20k-50k for a role, so the budget makes sense.
>>
>>255785784
It's a moot argument, you can't compare what two show creators are getting for their complete package with what voice actors are making. You can look at the fact that it doesn't take much voice acting to make a huge cast and see how that would beneficial for a medium budget game though.
>>
>voice acting

ABORT ABORT
>>
>>255785775
>There's no reason why MN9, a brand new indie IP needs VAs of that caliber.
Of course it doesn't. But IF it happens, all the better. That's why it has been set as a bonus stretch goal.
>>
>>255785784

Of course they got more than 200k from the start, they didn't just voice act the show, they created it entirely and wrote it

Are you literally this retarded? How are you making this comparison to 200k for Mighty No.9 voice acting
>>
>voice-acting

BUT WHY
>>
>>255785931
His argument is that they only need a few voice actors, you misdirected talking about Southpark/Simpsons actors wage/fame.
faggot
>>
>>255785664
>Shouldn't he get sued or something?
Your mom should get sued for making you.
>>
File: rock rolls eyes.gif (1MB, 200x150px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
rock rolls eyes.gif
1MB, 200x150px
can't wait for that sonic adventure-tier voice acting and script
>>
>>255780362

Now it's a 4 million dollor "unity" game. Not much difference. "People" say a lot of things, the Megaman fags that funded this shit expected it to be in 2D as the concept art showed.
>>
>>255785936

Actually the Simpsons was sold to Fox for quite a lot of money. James L Brooks and Matt Groening were established writers prior to the Simpsons so "sidestepping" the Simpsons only served to hurt your own point more. Fox marketed the shit out of the Simpsons as one of the first "adult" cartoons on primetime TV. There was huge money in it.

South Park was a bit more of a risk for Comedy Central.
>>
>>255786024

Uh, you don't know anything fucktard. Capcom absolutely could sue for this
>>
>>255786275
Have you seen the preview for the show?

You have way too high of hopes.
>>
>>255786248

He brought up the simpsons/southpark first, and I was saying it's a bad analogy because they get a ton of money. You're retarded.
>>
>>255786327
>Megaman fags that funded this shit expected it to be in 2D as the concept art showed.

When was it ever stated that it was going to be in 2D? Was there any gameplay or interviews that showed the game running in 2D?
>>
File: worry.gif (3MB, 308x336px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
worry.gif
3MB, 308x336px
>>255786401
...even worse?
>>
>>255786085

see

>>255786059

>>255786221
How are you making this comparison to 200k for Mighty No.9 voice acting

I didn't, someone else did and I pointed out it was a bad analogy. Learn to read you moron.
>>
>>255786480
>I was saying it's a bad analogy because they get a ton of money
They get a ton of money because they're famous, not because they can voice multiple characters.
>>
I love Mega man, but fuck this cunt. He didn't create Mega man, he didn't make the games great, he was just there, not even designing most of the crap.

The people who made mega man are retired or still at Capcom, making masterpieces to this very day.
>>
File: uematsu-cringe.png (74KB, 218x206px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
uematsu-cringe.png
74KB, 218x206px
Are you still going on about this? He's not "demanding." Some backers asked about it and they made the new goal.

Also, why did people back this project anyways? It's clear you wanted to play Megaman. It's clear this is not Megaman. So why did you back it just to get buttblasted later?
>>
>>255786742

And like I said, D list voice actors for video games are still going to ask for about 20k-50k. So 4 of these guys could easily cost 100k. What's not to get here?
>>
Whoa, Beck's adversary, Mighty No. 7, looks very original!

Bravo Inafune! Finally you're injecting some creativity into the stagnant Japanese gaming industry. You show 'em!
>>
>>255786783
BREAKING NEWS: People are stupid.

ADDENDUM: A fool and his money soon go separate ways. Those who backed this probably would've just used that cash to buy the #1 copy of Superman or something. At least now, we're getting a game.
>>
>>255786747
>The people who made mega man are retired or still at Capcom

Most of MN9's team is the original team who did MM at Capcom
>>
>>255778919
If they have WAY MORE than enough (seeing as they stated so), then shouldn't they have enough for this ADDITIONAL content?
Jesus Christ, do I HAVE to put the caps lock to get through your thick head?
>>
>>255781651
fuck no

DMC 1 only is weak game for its genre.

>Shallow combat
>non-crazy Dante
>Lame story
>Lame puzzle elements
>Water levels
>Horrible camera
>Recycled bosses

The only thing good about it is the atmosphere it has. Everything else is terrible
>>
>>255787057
You are aware that inafune didn't make any of the designs except Call D, right?
>>
>>255787252
Read the thread. >>255779493
>>
>>255786995
http://voiceactors.wordpress.com/2009/04/27/how-much-do-voice-actors-earn/
But that's fucking wrong
>According to Screen Actors Guild rules, union voice actors can expect to be paid $760 for one four-hour recording session.
>>
>>255787286

He's the project lead, he decides what he wants and what designs to use.
>>
>>255787204
Yeah, the first one, which is coincidentally one of the worst. Get the people who made 3 or IV for the GB and then we're talking.
>>
>>255773896

Scam this is the guy that set Capcom down the path of ruin now is just wripping off their games every time.
>>
>>255787373

Those are MINIMUMS. D listers can charge about 20k, C listers 100k, all the way up to A listers for Disney films who could demand a million + for voice actors.
>>
File: 0012.jpg (53KB, 640x360px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
0012.jpg
53KB, 640x360px
You could have prevented this

Why didn't you listen?
>>
>>255786059
The average voice actor's ANNUAL salary is 47k.

A unionized voice actor without celebrity status earns $760 per 4-hour recording session.

Please don't just make up numbers. If it's an actual Mega Man game, there isn't even enough time to squeeze in much voice acting.
>>
>>255786386
Make a point and prove it then.
>>
>>255788137

How about you look up copyright law?
>>
>>255787380
Admit it it you just want to blindly hate to fit in with culture on /v/.
>>
>>255788010
But if he can't pull numbers are out his ass he will have to stop sucking Keiji Inafune dick long enough to form a cogent argument.
>>
I'm rather surprised that She Who Will Not Be Named is not the central topic of this thread. Bravo /v/.

That being said, I can't believe how many anti-Inafune people there are on here. He's basically just the Stan Lee of Megaman.
>>
>>255788261

Nope. /v/, /a/ "culture" of little kids talking shit about everything is not something I care about, nor "looking cool" as an Anonymous user. But this project looks like a big scam. Inafune is a hack and a thief.
>>
>>255787273
>>Shallow combat

No, no, no, no. Completely wrong, people need to take into account that DMC1 is not a combo action game and that it's not about how limited Dante's moveset seems its about enemy AI and moveset too.

Like how the 'fodder' enemies in DMC1 are actually a threat whereas Prides are the very definition of Fodder, the great enemies in DMC3 like the Archnae get left by the wayside because unlike Sloths they're hard to launch and jump cancel on for fucking ever.

Enemies in DMC1 are actually fun to fight, DMC3 enemies make great punching bags, gimme' a Shadow over a Sloth any day.

And as far as Boss goes, they're mechanically as deep as DMC3' are, if not more in the case of bosses like Nightmare. As far as recycled bosses go, they're pretty different each time, I'm not going to pretend they're a different boss but you can't say Griffon 1 is the same as Griffon 2 in the same way Vergil 1,2 and 3 are also different.

>Lame story

Maybe, but it's still got its moments, Phantom seeing Sparda's image in Dante, the Intro, Alastor...not really important anyway.

>Water levels

You make it sound like the ones in Ninja Gaiden, the second Water 'level' is a bout 10 seconds long. There's no swimming through massive underwater sunken tunnels here.
>>
>>255786029
>I don't think that The Simpson's cast asks for an outrageous amount outside of the show either
Correct, the only reason they can do it with the simpsons is because the money the show is bringing in, as a proven and well established show.
>>
>>255788242
How about you? She is not Roll she is another red robot girl with a pony tail. You are the one trying to make a point either you back up your point or you stay shut simple as that. Unless your pulling shit out you're ass to sound smart.
>>
>>255788563
>big scam
How so?
>Thief
How so?

Sounds like you're just pulling assumptions out of your ass.
>>
>>255786783
> It's clear this is not Megaman
It's not like the entire Marketing campaign for this Kickstarter was based around it being a faithful Megaman successor or anything.
>>
>>255788563
>Nope. /v/, /a/ "culture" of little kids talking shit about everything is not something I care about
Sure pal.
>>
>>255788242
You don't know shit about copyright laws do you?

>>255788864
Yes, a successor, not a clone.
>>
>>255788754

I used an image of Roll/the Mighty No. 9 girl, but that alone wouldn't be enough. What matters is the whole product --- the Mega Man ripoff, the Zero rip off, the Roll ripoff, the power stealing, the interface, etc. and it doesn't matter if they didn't actually use Capcom's data/assets. They are making a Mega Man game under a new name with a nudge & a wink and it's not legal. Capcom has every right to take legal action, and they would win.
>>
>>255788456
After the whole She Who Will Not Be Named incident, it just snowballed to the point where Inafune was behind 9/11 and started the downfall of gaming by himself
>>
>Logan Cunningham voiced 3k lines in the Bastion's creators' closet for pennies and promises.
>If you played out his narration, it would run for the full duration of multiple Mega Man games
>but, but D-listers can demand 50k for a few hours of voice work
>>
>>255787993
What I don't fucking understand is why anybody would support anything without a fucking business plan. Some fancy Kickstarter pitch page does not fucking hack it.

Before I commit a single dollar I need to see a breakdown of why they set their target goal at X dollars. Rent, wages, equiptment, materials, utilities, whatever. The timeframe to get the project off the ground. The rough scope of the project and in the case of video games: levels, play time, replay features, the inclusion of multiplayer, etc.

I don't care if they need more money afterwards, shit happens.

But for most Kickstarters there's no fucking business plan presented before OR after the money is raised. How the fuck can you hold these people accountable if you have no numbers to work with?

I've supported Kickstarters before. And they all had a breakdown of their costs. People who support this shit blindly are stupid.
>>
>>255788864
It's sorta funny how Inafune gave Okamoto shit for leaving Capcom to work on Genji for Sony, since it was a Onimusha clone.

But then Inafune leaves Capcom to work on Mighty no. 9, a Mega Man clone. THIS TIME, HE NEEDED TO BEG FOR MONEY THOUGH. What a fucking hypocrite.
>>
>>255789053
Pretty sure he left bro.
>>
>>255789040
>and it's not legal
You have yet to prove it's not legal and that's what we are discussing you either prove that or stop posting.
>>
>>255789008
>a successor
Don't remove words to fit your own argument.
Faithful successor.
Successor is garbage like the iPhone game.
Faithful successor is Megaman X
Clone is Megaman 9

This was marketed as a Megaman X, instead it's X7.
>>
>>255784669
He knows better than anyone, after all he worked for Capcom for some time
>>
>>255789215
There's more than one person on the MN9 defense force.
>>
>>255788456
>>255789047
In fact, I'd go so far as to say we'd all be jumping to give Inafune more money if it weren't for the big forum scandal. But I haven't even looked at the backer forum in months, because anyone that says something Bitchtits doesn't like gets banned. I imagine most backers feel the same way. Way to alienate your moneymakers, Inafune!
>>
File: 1404772003728.jpg (48KB, 666x624px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1404772003728.jpg
48KB, 666x624px
>>255789040
I'm pretty sure if Capcom wanted to do this they could but I bet the legal fees alone would sink them at this point so they're holding off. Probably wouldn't help their dwindling fan base as well.
>>
>>255784669
Let's just hope no one exploits people's love for Mega Man any further.

Except me. But my thing's going to be great, so support it.
>>
>megaman
>voice acting
>asking for more money to put in voice acting
They are desperate. And scammers.
>>
>>255789118
Because they're folks with experience in the industry who we decided to put our faith in. Stop acting like ALL IS LOST, THE PROJECT IS RUINED, INAFUNE TOOK THE MONEY AND RAN. You people are so fucking stupid it causes me physical pain.

>>255789263
I'm not whoever it is you've been circle jerking with.

It wasn't marketed as anything other than a Megaman successor, something that is an homage to the things we enjoy about Megaman.
Also
>waaaah X7
We haven't seen enough of the game to even judge it like X7. Stop being such a baby.
>>
>>255789118
Your mistake is in thinking most people have any understanding of how real businesses get started. Most people have never approached a bank for a proper loan.

Internet people think they can throw money at something and it will magically appear. As I'm sure you know, business doesn't work like that. Ever.
>>
http://www.gonintendo.com/s/211280-inafune-not-worried-about-capcom-legal-threats-with-mighty-no-9

Addressing legal action from Capcom...

>That being said, Mega Man is Mega Man because it's my style. It's my artistic style that created that character. Beck, in Mighty No. 9, is also a character that I've created. If the idea is that I should try to stop creating characters via my style

In another interview, Inafune admits that he didn't even come up with Mega Man, someone else did. Which is it?
>>
>>255789118
I didn't back it for this exact reason. I kept thinking, oh that's cool. but where's the budget.

I'm curious how they were ever going to make the game with just the goal. A lot of the stretch goal features have been included in releases with an under 1 million budget.
>>
>>255789367
>even bringing her up
Fucking stop. Right now. You know damn well what's going to happen if you do.

I don't get this thread, you retards act like the game is never coming out, that shit is on fire, that Inafune is embezzling everything and some sort of evil lizardjew mastermind. What the absolute fuck?
>>
>>255789651
Didn't Inafune create the overall artistic style of the series, like seen in the Japanese MM1 box art? That smooth, almost fleshy look for robot masters and such?
>>
>>255789534
>something that is an homage to the things we enjoy about Megaman
Yeah exactly, and MN9 looks nothing like that.
Making a blue dude with a blaster and a blonde companion isn't an homage to what we enjoy about Megaman.

>We haven't seen enough of the game to even judge it like X7
Except the gameplay video that overall looked like it plays like X7.
You don't need to see hours of gameplay to get an idea of what the core mechanics are going to feel like in your hands, it's all based on Animation speeds and physics, all of which can be visually identified in the short gameplay we've seen.
>>
>>255789651
The two don't contradict each other. The statement is that Beck and Mega Man have stylistic similarities because that's just the way Inafune draws. That has nothing to do with him coming up with the concept of Mega Man.
>>
>>255789534
Faith is not a substitute for a business plan. Neither is reputation. A business plan is entry level shit; everyone has to do it. Like a resume for a job, transcripts for scholarships, passports for entry into a country, water for a fucking swimming pool.
>>
>>255789118
> How the fuck can you hold these people accountable if you have no numbers to work with?
Even if they had, you couldn't kickstarter is free money with no strings attached, and as you say usually nothing substantial is presented beforehand, save for a vague bare bones concept.

The only one I ever backed, and probably will, was an adjustment of an already existing product made by the company behind the KS, that weren't a bunch of fucking has beens like $chafer.
>>
>>255789951
No, technical limitations and Astro Boy did that. Inafune was just told to draw up the logo.

... And nothing about this has anything to do with the goddamn gameplay!
>>
>>255789534
Why would you put your faith in something like that? I'm personally against Kickstarter in general, but I'm somewhat interested when someone actually lays out how the money will be spent.

You've given your money for basically nothing, don't you at least deserve to know how it will be used?
>>
>>255789975
>blue dude with a blaster fighting evil robots
>Platforming
>gaining the powers of your enemies
You're right, none of this belongs in a Megaman game.
>>
File: mightnumber9[1].jpg (35KB, 278x299px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
mightnumber9[1].jpg
35KB, 278x299px
What's going on in this thread?
>>
>>255790159
>You're right, none of this belongs in a Megaman game.
And now you're making excuses that would equally defend X7.
Good Job, you fucked your own argument.
>>
>>255790128
I gave my money because I had faith the project would work out. I have not been disappointed by anything I have seen so far aside from Beck's awkward-ass running animation.

I feel like people are being far far too critical because of
A) The incident involving She who must Not Be Named
B) Other kickstarters having failed miserably
C) What happened with notch and how he polluted the words "alpha" and "beta."

All I'm seeing in these threads are insults to Inafune's character and conjecture that the game COULD be bad, and then suggestions that it's a scam, that backers are idiots and foolish, and it doesn't make any damn sense.
>>
>>255789617
BUT ANON! It's le epic schafer, if you say anything mean about him you are evil EA shill and kickstarter will usher in golden age of gaming if we just keep throwing money at it because they keep promising us they will make great things with it.
>>
>>255790328
Nothing that concerns you, shitposting faggot.

>>255790394
X7 was bad for many, many reasons. You're somehow trying to take a few minute we've seen of an unfinished project and then applying them to a finished product. That doesn't make any goddamn sense.
>>
>>255789534
> Because they're folks with experience in the industry who we decided to put our faith in.
Long since irrelevant experience is all it takes for you to have blind faith in something and throw money at it?
>>
>>255790830
How is their experience irrelevant?
>>
File: 1406561020958.gif (1MB, 400x300px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1406561020958.gif
1MB, 400x300px
>>255786386
>I don't understand copyrights and the legal system to which their involved in, yet I was spout like I do!
>Because I am a glorious faggot!
>>
>>255791009
> How is their experience irrelevant?
Because it's dated as fuck, people said the same thing about $chafer, conveniently ignoring the fact he'd been an irrelevant has been for over a decade.
>>
>>255790750
>Replying to shitposting
...why?
>>
>>255790750
>X7 was bad for many, many reasons
Primarily, its core mechanics being fucking boring and slow.

Which I already explained is easily identified through the gameplay we've been shown
>>
>>255773896
Businessman.
>>
No. I don't want voice acting. Make the game.

If he wants another 200K at least use it toward more levels or alternate characters or something.
>>
>>255790575
There's that word again, "faith".

Next big Kickstarter that dominates our front pages I'm going to be screaming GOD WILLS IT.

There's nothing wrong with faith. But nobody actually knows anybody involved in this project personally, and EVEN personally doesn't matter, you don't know them professionally. Don't use "faith" to excuse that you didn't do any diligence.

"I'm on the pill, I swear."
>>
>>255791313
GOD WILLS IT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez6wfJWVCeI
>>
>>255791126
So their experience doesn't count anymore because they haven't been in the industry for a few years?

I'm pretty sure Inafune was still in charge of shit up until the day he walked out of Capcom. I know this whole thread is about INAFUNE DID EVERYTHING WRONG, but even Kamiya said he's just a goddamn businessman, and he's taken a leading role in many Megaman games. That experience has to count for something.

>>255791257
X7's horrid changes from 2D to 3D and awful sound effects/voice acting and poor overall controls were its main downside. If anything. Mighty Number Nine looks far more like Megaman Network Transmission than any other Megaman game.
>>
File: douchebag.png (954KB, 1838x1402px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
douchebag.png
954KB, 1838x1402px
>giving money to a thief

>trusting a thief

>ever
>>
>>255791313
>guy has worked on a lot of things I've enjoyed in the past
>Guy says he needs help to get his new company started and says he'll give me something I want
>toss him 20 dollars
>suddenly YOU GOT SCAMMED, YOU GOT SCAMMED, YOU LOSE *ALL* OF YOUR MONEY, HOLY FUCK YOU'RE SO GODDAMN STUPID

Oh no, Inafune stole the money I could have used for a large pizza! That fiend!
>>
>>255791671
I guess Dina shitposters are evolving into Inafune shitposters now. This is beyond pathetic.
>>
>>255791545
>X7's horrid changes from 2D to 3D and awful sound effects/voice acting and poor overall controls were its main downside
No, they were problems that people could overlook if the core mechanics were fast and fun to play.
They weren't.
MN9 is in the same position, the game looks floaty, boring, and slow, it doesn't matter what little bells and whistles are glued onto the games, games have always been defined by the core mechanics, if the bells are good, cool, bonus, if they aren't, oh well, downside on a good game, but make the game boring slow and uninteresting to play and it doesn't matter what extras are on there or how good they are, the game sucks.
>>
File: 1403126070110.gif (561KB, 500x295px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1403126070110.gif
561KB, 500x295px
>>255791671

>Chao
>>
>>255791895
Once the game releases there will be much less shitposting.
It shouldn't be that surprising how easy it is to shitpost about unreleased games.
>>
File: 8-pic_notmad.png (8KB, 480x320px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
8-pic_notmad.png
8KB, 480x320px
>>255791930
So you're judging a game's core mechanics based off of a youtube video of an unfinished product.

>>255792069
It's not surprising but it is disappointing.
>>
>>255774035
>Not as bad as asking for more money to just complete the project.
MN9 would have been made regardless of the success of the campaign.
>>
>>255792069
Because all post deriding it will be seen as popular opinion rather than shit posting :)
>>
File: 1406779580942.png (71KB, 282x223px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1406779580942.png
71KB, 282x223px
>>255792069
>mfw everyone shitposts the game to hell and back for playing too much like Megaman when it comes out
>>
Scam artist
>>
>>255791257
>That comic
Maximum Strawman.
>>
>>255791545
>I'm pretty sure
Based on your wishes of it being so you didn't just throw your money at a desperate has been I'm sure.
>>
>>255792680
More like
>This game plays too much like Megaman
>This game plays too little like Megaman
>Oh man, I don't like the looks of this level, I bet DINA is behind this
>30 dollars for a fucking indie game with shitty graphics? What a fucking scam!
>MEGAFAGS BLOWN THE FUCK OUT
>I never supported the kikestarter to begin with!
>I hate Inafune!
>MN9 DEFENSE FORCE PLEASE GO
>>
>>255792823
Fucking see >>255784471
>>
>>255792973
God, you're trying so damn hard to force this, aren't you? What's your fucking deal?
>>
File: 1400913020758.png (150KB, 500x350px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1400913020758.png
150KB, 500x350px
>>255793016
>I remember when /v/ was excited for this
>>
>>255773896
This is Cans Without Labels all over again. Why are there so few successful Kickstarter projects?
>>
>>255776145
Didn't Megaman Legends feature some groundbreaking game mechanics that weren't fully appreciated during its release? Don't know if that's true, just want to confirm.
>>
>>255793215
/v/'s rabid hoard of shitposters once again ruin fucking everything for the sake of LE EPIC BLUNDER. This board is fucking disgusting.
>>
>>255793365

yes
>>
>>255793365
No, it didn't.
>>
>>255793365
It had a fairly open world, all dungeons (save for the tutorial) were connected in some way, the plot went from "minor background nuisance" to "center stage." Combat was kind of wonky and the camera could be your worst nightmare at times, but it was a fantastic game.
>>
>>255793386
And remember, the fact that you're so bothered by it and are willing to tell them that you are so bothered by it is the reason they do it.
>>
>>255791754
You do know that scamming people for small enough amounts for them to not be bothered with the problem of doing something about it is well established right?

And note how you're not basically tracking into "well it's not much money anyway" as you can't actually face his arguments.
>>
>>255793386
Are you literally retarded? You're posting in this thread, therefor supporting what you call shit posting. If you don't like negative attention to your scam starter don't bump the thread fucktard
>>
>>255793386
>This board is fucking disgusting.
Then why are you still here?
>>
>4 million
>can't make a fucking side scroller
hahahahahahaha
>>
>>255793365
It did a 3D Adventure game a year before Ocarina of Time. So did Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon though. Director of Legends was Yoshinori Kawano though. He was the director of both Dead Rising and Chop Till You Drop as well.
>>
>>255792367
yes, without console releases, and with less stages.
Thanks for your opinions, retard
>>
>>255793746
>You're posting in this thread, therefor supporting what you call shit posting.
>Everyone in this thread automatically has the same opinion.
Are you hearing yourself right now, anon?
>>
>>255793728
You keep going back to IT'S A SCAM. Stop.
>>
>>255793965
Hurr. Look at the OP.
>>
>>255793830
> old enough to read
> not old enough to understand those words
sadfrog.png
>>
>>255793897
How is stating a fact an opinion?
>>
>>255794063
So instead of just letting shitposters circle jerk and build up more retarded propoganda, we're providing a dissenting opinion, which means we support the shitposters.
>>
>>255794063
>Everyone who posts in a thread automatically had the same opinion as the OP
Point standing like a fucking brick wall.
>>
>>255794050
So, still no arguments I see. Only bring faith of "it'll work out because, magic" and no way of holding them accountable in any way at all.
>>
>>255794236
>So instead of just letting shitposters circle jerk and build up more retarded propoganda
>implying that's how it works
>>
>>255793821
I don't know

No honestly, tell me.
>>
>>255793892
Okay wow. I did not know that. So, did Keiji Inafune just come up with the game concepts and Yoshinori Kawano being the one that implemented them? Or did Yoshinori Kawano design most of it? I just want to see where Keiji Inafune plays in all of this.
>>
>>255794464
>arguments
What fucking argument can I bring against a guy that keeps insisting it's a scam? "No it isn't." You won't accept that either. In short, consume a phallus.
>>
File: 1394120022723.gif (2MB, 350x314px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1394120022723.gif
2MB, 350x314px
>>255781439
Dude, it's fine that you were wrong. But just stop posting like everyone else does.
>>
>>255788864
Congrats, you missed my point and basically made the same argument I did.
>>
>>255794634
If I remember right, Inafune's baby were the characters themselves, in particular the Bonnes.

Could be wrong though.
>>
>>255794429
You honestly think OP isn't here trolling you, that's hilarious
Keep bumping the thread anon, you'll change the trolls hearts and minds.
>>
>>255773896
This guy looks like one of those guys from every cop movie who gives the police information about everything in exchange for not going to jail.
>>
KAMIYA WAS RIGHT
>>
>>255794661
>What fucking argument can I bring against a guy that keeps insisting it's a scam?
In this case, none, because you have none. Had it been a solid project they'd have a plan presented and be able to be held accountable by the people taking the whole financial risk for example, which you could have pointed to.

IF they were, but since they have none of those things, you can't.
> You won't accept that either.
Why would I? It's an unfounded and moronic statement.
>>
>>255794908
>You honestly think OP isn't here trolling you
And I said that when...?
>>
Where can I find the most recent screenshots of it?
>>
File: 1363206670460.jpg (194KB, 768x576px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1363206670460.jpg
194KB, 768x576px
>>255782005

>It wasn't Inafune! It couldn't be! It's a setup, I tells yah. He's Capcom's patsy!

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/12/capcom-senior-vp-gives-insight-into-east-vs-west-decisions/

Inafune was Head of Global Production. That means he oversaw every single triple A project that the company was making despite not working directly on them. He WAS the Upper Management, shit for brains.
>>
>>255795026
Well aren't you an enlightened and super-intelligent poster, meanwhile I'm super-dumb and incapable of "arguing" against your fantastic statement that this entire project is some fantastical scam cooked up by Inafune and a group of other old Japanese guys.

Golly gee, it sure is embarassing that you've proved that this is 100% for sure a total scam. Looks like I've been shown who is the boss!
>>
>>255795237
From the Internet
>>
File: Laughing-GIF.gif (4MB, 347x244px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Laughing-GIF.gif
4MB, 347x244px
>>255795034
>Knows he's being trolled
>Keeps responding
>>
Why do you need that much money for voice acting? Can't you do it out of studio, like how it was done in Phoenix Wright?

If they need the proper equipment, that's another issue.
>>
>>255795418
>Responding means you don't know they're trying to troll you
>This has no exception
What the fuck?
>>
>>255794816
They were designed and created by Hideki Ishikawa.

If Inafune really gave a fuck about Mega Man and Legends 3, he would have waited until the games were done before leaving. He doesn't give a shit, he just wanted a sob story so people would feel bad and give him money.
>>
>>255795438
hey, "WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR!' is expensive
>>
>>255780456

Just the hivemind at work, they latched on to that retarded SJW mod and someone assumed the entire game is ruined.

What's really said is that MN9 might be really good but we won't be able to discuss it here as the threads will just get shitposted into oblivion, we also can't talk about it on /vg/ because the MN9 generals are actually banned over there.
>>
>>255795584
Whatever. I'm sure you fags are going to find something else to bitch about with this game in another month. Maybe one of the people who works on the music is actually gay or something.
>>
>>255795721
>MN9 generals are banned
Why? Because the game isn't out yet?
>>
>>255796013
Generals go to /vg/
>>
>>255795512
You're arguing with trolls, just means you have no intelligence
>>
>>255796058
...he just said that MN9 Generals are banned on /vg/. Holy fuck dude.
>>
>>255796181
>Implying they're not trolling each other
It's like having sex on a whole new level.
>>
>>255795881
The composer is a cute milf. She's a good composer on top of that.

It does suck they didn't get Naoto Tanaka or Shusaku Ichiyama to compose though. They're probably the best composers for Mega Man.
>>
>>255795584
>He doesn't give a shit

>Started development of the MT Frameworks engine that was designed for ML3
>Made Lost Planet and Dead Rising showing what the engine could do and convince Capcom to fund ML3
>Stated a few times that he hated his job but stayed until Legends 3 was approved
>Personally made the announcement of Legends 3

Yeah, he really didn't care that much for Legends 3
>>
>>255796013

it was hardly about the game at the tail end of its life
>>
>>255796214
Go complain in /vg/
>>
>>255796428
The same could be said for all generals.

>>255796375
What I mean is that you guys want this project to fail. If it isn't Dina, it's Inafune, if it isn't Inafune it'll be someone else. As someone who wants this to do well, who wants a good game, I'm sick of seeing every single thread a complete and total shitstorm, normally a manufactured shitstorm at that.
>>
>LEAVE INAFUNE ALONE!!!

You guys do realize this guy is a scam artist mastermind right?

He's worked his way up the ladder doing shit like this and manipulating fans
>>
>>255795721
>we also can't talk about it on /vg/ because the MN9 generals are actually banned over there.
Wait, what the fuck? Is this even allowed?
>>
>>255796748
> Is this even allowed?
For the same reason your parents were allowed to breed.
>>
Bait
>>
So, are people paying up?
Id imagine the zealots who stuck with MN9 are still giving shekels to him.
>>
>>255773896
>Douche
>Not Jew
I wonder who we will hate more in retrospect. Him or Schafer.
>>
>>255796720
Trying too hard now.
>>
>>255796398
Compare to Shinji Mikami and RE4 then.

>was given the choice to revive the dying series or just make a game to end it
>chooses to revive it
>hates working on the game
>hates dealing with Capcom Higher Ups
>promises that it'll stay Gamecube exclusive, which Inafune then gets a team to port behind his back, which makes him look like a liar and an idiot

And then he fucking left. He finished RE4 though, he saw it through to the end so he could see it released. Technically he left in 2004, before the game officially came out, but it was gold by then.

Inafune cries about Capcom and then leaves a game that wasn't even really greenlit yet in mid development. And then he cries about how the game was shitcanned like he wasn't surprised about it.

And what do you know, Mikami's had a more successful post Capcom career too. Even owns his own studio who didn't need to go to kickstarter.
>>
>>255782005

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/11/01/keiji-inafune-on-japanese-developers-and-why-he-left-capcom/

>Take this for example: I was the head of development. That means I was actually at the top of Capcom. I couldn’t go any higher.

Inafune's own words. He literally only answered to the board of directors. His word was basically fucking law.

Jesus Christ, this defense force is the most desperate I've seen on /v/ and that's saying something. This rockstar developer mentality is one of the biggest cancers of the gaming industry.
>>
>>255797202

They've gotten 16K in about a month.

The problem is that this campaign is directed to people you haven't pledged yet. On top of that, you need to donate $50 minimum in order to contribute towards VA, but only $27 of that actually goes towards it.
>>
>>255797378
>which Inafune then gets a team to port behind his back, which makes him look like a liar and an idiot

Got any sources to back that up?
>>
>>255797607
>DEFENSE FORCE DEFENSE FORCE DEFENSE FORCE
Or maybe people are just sick of every goddamn thread about this game needing to be some hot button controversy of shit. What does any of this have to do with the fucking game?
>>
>>255795368
Compared to you I do come of as brilliant.
>>
>>255780192
>Board/Investors have the final say

Do you know how companies work, because you are wrong.

They can only ask for somebody to be fired for doing things they don't like, they don't have the final say.
>>
>>255798257
Yeah okay sweet cheeks, whatever you say. Inafune is le master ruseman scam artist and anyone who backed this project is a huge idiot. Of course.
>>
>>255797947
http://youtu.be/JeqLZmQkURA?t=6m4s

He was the producer of RE4 and RE5. Hiroyuki Kobayashi was the producer of RE6 and fuck him too.
>>
>>255798249

>B-but let's talk about the game now!

Too fucking late to backpedal after dozens and dozens of posts discussing his influence at Capcom only to realize he WAS responsible for plenty of shit over there. Get fucked.
>>
>>255798614
And I know Kobayashi was the producer of REmake and RE4, but those still had Mikami Capcom Pro. 4 working on them, which RE4 PS2, RE5, and RE6 did not.
>>
>ITT people demanding sources, having sources given to them then dismissing sources as unimportant.
Why would you devote this much effort into being an asshole...
>>
>>255798614
Still, there is nothing saying that Inafune was the sole reason that RE4 was ported to PS2. RE4 was ported to several other consoles and pc without him.
>>
File: 1350690318040.png (34KB, 493x402px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1350690318040.png
34KB, 493x402px
I backed this and spent around $300
never again. the game looks like dogshit.
>>
Why do you idiots fall for this?
You only have yourselves to blame
>>
>>255799057
>Backpedal
All you guys have been doing is desperately trying to run Inafune's name through the mud so you could be proud of making it impossible to talk about the game, to ruin something for another group of people just because you can.

Christ, all you people are doing is spending your free time trying to invalidate this game and make fans feel as angry and as bad as possible. Is this some new trend against all Megaman fans? I've seen this for actual Megaman threads too.
>>
>>255799101
>>255798614

Koboyashi has his ups and downs. He worked on some pretty great games and some pretty fucking horrible abortions. He still hangs out with people at Platinum to this day.
>>
>>255780474
Because it's not a diss, you autistic moron. Inafune was literally Capcom's executive producer during the late 90s and 2000s.
>>
>>255799372
No you didn't.

>>255799384
Fall for what?
Have ourselves to blame for what?
>>
>>255796013
>>255796748

Because the ones that did pop up where just complaining about the SJW mod Dina, they had paste bins, recaps, and god knows what else of endless forum posts and Dina bitching, so the generals where outright banned.

We might see them again when the game comes out, but for now you can't start a MN9 general over there.
>>
>>255793127
> get you ass handed to you
> y-y-y-you're just trying toohard to force it!!!
>>
>>255799762
So they were basically a collection of all the shitposting ooze dripping from /v/. Makes sense.

>>255799830
You've yet to prove it's a scam.
>>
>>255799473
I find that his games at Pro. 4 were fine, since they still had a very talented team working on them. His games as of late are either rushed, incomplete, or just ass like RE6. It's like he's the only guy who worked on the old games left still at Capcom, so they hired him for RE6, but he doesn't know what the hell to do. Even worse is that Sasaki, the director, also has experience in Resident Evil. He's gone on the record to saying he was dissatisfied with the final product though.
>>
>>255799451
>run Inafune's name through the mud so you could be proud of making it impossible to talk about the game
I'm going to have to demand a source on this. Specifically one that has a poster on /v/ state
>I am running Inafune's name in the mud so I can be proud of the fact that I am making it impossible to talk about the game.
Only then will I believe this statement.
>>
File: 1361774071189.png (5KB, 601x695px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1361774071189.png
5KB, 601x695px
>>255799609
For some reason I had decided I really, really needed a signed art book.
>>
>>255799451

>All you guys have been doing is desperately trying to run Inafune's name

Oh, Inafune did all the work himself, we're just stating facts and providing links to those statements. Which is then somehow dismissed because you people are incapable of realizing that your precious Megaman guy is a major fuck up when it comes to game series he never had any previous influence.

We're not even talking about the fucking abortion of the Ninja Gaiden spinoff which is the exact same shit that happened at Capcom. To a T.

But yeah, there's desperation around here, alright. You just can't see where it comes it from.
>>
>>255798293
Don't bother anon, people on /v/ actually think the board and shareholders actually actively run day to day activities in a company, down to small design details as if they were sitting behind developers watching their every move.
>>
>>255800267
>>255800054
So in other words, you're trying to redpill us poor, deluded Mn9 supporters and make sure we wake up to how horrible inafune really is? Gee, thanks for making Mn9 threads even worse than before, we sure do appreciate it. Fuck video games, am I right?
>>
>>255773896
good, more feminist power
>>
>>255800032

>He's gone on the record to saying he was dissatisfied with the final product though.

Sasaki is a major puzzle freak. He said in an interview once that If he had his way, he'd fill RE6 with old styled puzzles.

Puzzles ain't explosions nor are they QTEs so that shit wasn't gonna happen.
>>
I like how all the Inafune dick riders aren't even mentioning the whole subject of the OP, which is that he's asking for another $200k+ after he already raised over $4 million.
>>
>>255800679
Sasaki knows his puzzles too, Zack and Wiki was great. I think I'll play that tonight.
>>
File: 1404764452640.png (152KB, 550x710px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1404764452640.png
152KB, 550x710px
>>
>>255798614
What about Killer 7 and Viewtiful Joe getting ported to the PS2?
>>
>>255800536
You are trying really hard at this.
A little to hard if you ask me.
>>
I don't see why they can't just ask Capcom for more money. They went back for advertising benefits the very second that the kickstarter ended.
>>
>>255800267
Good thing Inafune's not making MN9 and it's in the hands of people who have proven to be competent at making Megaman games, right? Do you even give a fuck about any of this or do you just want to stir up some drama?
>>
>>255800791
Gee it's almost as though we've already discussed it or something. But nah, it's a CONSPIRACY.
>>
>>255800964
I don't remember the circumstances of killer7 getting ported, which was an outsourced port, but Viewtiful Joe was by Clover themselves. I remember Capcom themselves said it was to recoup lost sales, but the PS2 port sold like rotten shit compared to the Gamecube version.
>>
>>255801449
Capcom couldn't market its way out of a paper bag.
>>
>>255800292
>>
File: RE-LTD-111108.png (322KB, 857x589px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
RE-LTD-111108.png
322KB, 857x589px
>>255801449
>PS2 port sold like rotten shit compared to the Gamecube version.
>>
>>255800982
>>
>>255801672
Talking about Viewtiful Joe.
>>
>>255801928
My mistake
>>
>>255801913
You have no idea what "Being edgy" means do you. You just read that in another post somewhere and decided to try it here huh?
Not very good at this at all.
>>
>>255802175
I'm calling you out on your edge and you're still doing it.
>>
>>255802368
Ok before we continue. Just google edgy.I'll wait.
Are we going to call me edgy again? That would just be adorable if you did.
>>
File: Gene Shalit.jpg (9KB, 214x317px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Gene Shalit.jpg
9KB, 214x317px
>Wanting more money
>After the dima debaccle
That's one kooky gooky. Inafune seems to be Inamess! I wouldn't give him a single nippon nickle for this game with the gimmies!

This latest fundraiser fiasco has gamers saying Sayonarra to this sorry dev!
>>
>>255802708
Seriously, it's like you WANT to be wrong.
I'm not going to spoonfeed it to you.
>>
>>255803157
Oh I get it you are just being pretentarded
10/10 got me to reply. Good show and all that.
You had me going there I honestly thought you where that retarded.
>>
>>255803457
>Good show and all that.
*unsheathes fedora*
>>
>>255803585
Hey! You forgot the Tip!
>>
>>255800982
Just so you know, you've been replying to some other guy with the whole "edgy" meme thing. I've been off doing the dishes.
Thread posts: 432
Thread images: 50


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.