[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OCTAVE

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_1034.png (258KB, 826x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1034.png
258KB, 826x1200px
Octave was excellent.

I hated Yuki in the beginning but her screw ups helped me remember what it was like being dumb and self centered at 18.

Setsuko was a perfect cold snake type character that really had her shell break midway. Loved her change!

The animated and visual flow was honestly terrible at the beginning but by the time I got to chapter 12 I noticed it had improved exponentially.

This wasn't the standard fare I was used to, there was sexual action early on but it served as a catalyst for the rest of the series.

Completely fantastic and I didn't want it to end. Though I have small complaints about some side characters that had no business to be so evil.

Any thoughts on the series or the end? Also thanks anon for leading me onto this one
>>
File: IMG_1035.png (335KB, 1116x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1035.png
335KB, 1116x1600px
>>2363532
I wish there was an epilogue or part 2.

The artist hasn't done anything else it seems, anyone know if she has?
>>
File: IMG_1026.png (438KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1026.png
438KB, 640x1136px
Fav moments
>>
File: IMG_0995.png (416KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0995.png
416KB, 640x1136px
Top notch. It must be hard to have that type of relationship
>>
File: IMG_1082.png (258KB, 1107x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1082.png
258KB, 1107x1600px
Setsuko is a very pragmatic thinker like myself. Her being straight forward with the stigma they'll face and their inability to have children. It hurts so fng bad.
>>
>>2363532
>Octave was excellent.

Yeah, keep telling yourself that it's the greatest yuri manga ever written. That it's relevant and realistic. That Yuki isn't immature, annoying, and contemptible. That fucking a random guy on the spur of the moment is a productive way for a lesbian to cope with a sexual identity crisis. That Setsuko is the picture of nobility instead of an emotional cripple who can't establish a healthy human relationship to save her life. That these are all normal people you'd meet in the 3D world.

After all, if you wish for something hard enough, won't it all come true?

On a positive note, thanks for creating a containment thread for this circle-jerk and not spooging the General with shitposts as usual.

Inb4 "ura faget fuck of" - save your effort, neckbeard. Replies filtered because I really don't care what you think.
>>
File: Octave_v05_ch25_p30.png (420KB, 1107x434px) Image search: [Google]
Octave_v05_ch25_p30.png
420KB, 1107x434px
>>2363532
Where was it excellent? She fucking cheated on her girlfriend. With a fucking dude on top of that, too. MC was a self-centered bitch who only wanted attention, from beginning to end.

It had its moments. And none of these moments came from neither of the MCs. Poor blonde-chan, having a pathetic attention whore as a cheating scum gf.
>>
People like this because it makes them feel better about their own shitty life choices.
>>
File: ss (2016-10-05 at 04.55.20).png (103KB, 746x292px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-10-05 at 04.55.20).png
103KB, 746x292px
>>2363540
>like myself
Oh yes, and Ass-chan is a very astute observant such as myself!

All in all, it's one of those series who deserve to be completely shat over by everyone.
>>
>>2363567
But the manga points out itself that fucking a random guy on the spur of the moment /isn't/ a productive way to cope with her sexual identity crisis. In fact, what the manga repeatedly reinforces is that discussing your problems with loved ones and being honest is the best way to deal with stuff. And they are like normal people you'd meet in the 3D world, because normal people are regularly incredibly fucked up.
>>
Lol so much mad.

Yes she cheated, it was a dumb decision by a dumb person. That's the point. It was a young narcissistic person coming of age.

If you read it all you'd know this, it was explicitly stated.

Oh and setsuko was just as emotionally vulnerable. That was once again the point. She couldn't even function at her job as she shifted into co dependence.
>>
>>2363577
>Lol
There you go, no one is surprised you were never from here, and will never belong here either. Try to discuss this shit on your favorite dumblr blog, newfag.
>>
>>2363575
Thanks anon for getting it.

The main characters were realistic and the main problem was a lack of
Honesty and openness, something they ended up doing when they moved in together and yuki finally got to express her worry about setsukos old friends
>>
>>2363579
>4chan
>exclusive club

Sure is summer in here
>>
>>2363581
Octave is one of my favourite manga, but the mere mention of it is like announcing open season for shitposting. I used to be one the other side of the argument though, until I read it again when I was a little older and had a little more life experience and had some more empathy for the characters. I can understand that it's always going to be polarising.
>>
>>2363579
lol is older than 4chan. I don't know why people act like you have to be from leddit or dumblr if you use it.
>>
>>2363589
Yeah, maybe it's just someone's mom discovering yuri
>>
Octave isn't really yuri.
It's closer to something Takamiya or Shuninta would write, but they're actually good writers.
>>
>>2363581
fucking the random guy was just to introduce unnecesary drama.
>>
>>2363593
>Shuninta
>good writer
I'm going to need some evidence to support this supposition, anon
>>
>>2363593
Also what they write is actual yuri.
Octave is a shitty melodrama with characters that happen to be bisexual written by someone who never wrote yuri before and never wrote it again.
>>
File: 1481453754397.jpg (12KB, 474x473px) Image search: [Google]
1481453754397.jpg
12KB, 474x473px
I guess this and the anime about the girl cheating on her girlfriend with her brother are the most rage-inducing things on /u/
>>
>>2363595
This is an accusation I never really understand. What constitutes 'necessary' drama?
>>
>>2363587
Why is it so polarizing?
>>
>>2363614
A lesbian/bisexual character fucking a guy on her path to enlightenment is a hugely overdone and generally poorly handled trope.
>>
Seems like it's about as productive to argue with Octave apologists as it is to make SHiN see anything wrong with Aikatsu.

If anons can be fine with Octave but lose their shy when other series do the same thing (or even less) something's wrong.
>>
>>2363622
Just because 99.9% of the time something is handled poorly doesn't mean that there isn't a .1% chance that it can be explored well eventually. Octave gives context for Yukino struggling with her sexuality, from the boys in her class perving over her when she's an idol and her obvious crush on her friend to trying to figure out whatever Setsuko saw in her ex. It's disgusting, but we're supposed to think it's disgusting because Yukino thinks it's disgusting and doesn't understand what not-homosexual women see in men. It's distressing because Yukino's distressed by the whole thing as well. Most importantly, in my opinion, is that unlike most work that employs this plot point it doesn't just use it as the dramatic climax and then say that everything is all better once they make up. Yukino's actions have ramifications that are felt well into the story afterwards and she and Setsuko deal with them repeatedly until they get their shit sorted out. Which is what really happens when you make a big fuck up in life.

It's not easy reading and I ragequit the manga along with probably everyone else on /u/ when it was first being translated and only gained any appreciation for it on a reread years later. It's also a bit presumptuous to assume that the same people who are fine with Octave are the ones who lose their shit when other series do the same thing. I just shrug and move on these days.

I've always wondered if the somewhat awkward translation didn't do it any favours either. Has anyone read it in Japanese?
>>
>>2363632
So... what are your opinions on Scum's Wish?
>>
>>2363662
Too many prominent male characters for me to be interested in reading it, but supposedly the lesbian's storyline is decently handled? I might speed read it some evening I've nothing better to do.
>>
>>2363619
which is why I find myself often sympathising with purity fags, even for the wrong reasons. Bisexuality, or worse yet lesbians fucking dudes temporarily, just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It's not what I came to fiction to look for, and feels like a betrayal of expectations in an entirely unnecessary manner. I don't actually care that a girl swings both ways or not, rather writers construing in events to force this to become a relevant plot point despite no actual need.
>>
>>2363600
shitsurakuen never forget
>>
>>2363665
I feel like Octave did it well once, was willing to follow it through from beginning to end, and no other author should ever be allowed to touch it again. of course I suspect that you're not a fan of it here either
>>
>>2363669
the second chapter tried to redeem that girl who fucked her brother but i think the second ova take so long to air that people already labeled it as shit
>>
>>2363600
I dislike the latter, but not the former.

Girl fucking her brother just screams trash otaku fetish to me, but a girl who's unsure of her sexuality (especially in a society as repressed as Japan) sleeping with a guy doesn't seem strange to me.

It'd be annoying if I were to see it often in yuri as a plot point, but I don't think that's the case.
>>
>>2363694
>>2363632

What's a good next read?

Also does it bother anyone else there is never a follow up to these stories? I'm left feeling unfulfilled
>>
>>2363694
>a girl who's unsure of her sexuality (especially in a society as repressed as Japan) sleeping with a guy doesn't seem strange to me.

Probably because there are a lot of honest-to-god lesbians who sleep with guys before they work through their sexual identity crisis. That's real life. Unfortunately, real life doesn't play well here on /u/, where the revolting stench of purityfaggotry lingers 24-7.
>>
>>2363600
How dare you fucking remind me. Bisluts and bislut sympathizers should be shot.
>>
>can I fuck that guy
>sure go ahead
>I did it, turns out I didn't like it
>WHY DID YOU DO THAT

I had a good laugh, this manga is good, it just shows how /u/ became populated with angry lesbians rather than people trying to enjoy a good story about girls love
>>
One of the best.
>>
>>2363532
I agree. It was real, grounded, and Yukino and Setsuko were painfully realistic characters that managed to work through their differences and insecurities together. The sex scenes are surprisingly intimate. It is by far my favorite manga series.
>>
>>2363814
Recommended next reads?

>>2363771
Wasn't like that at all, it was an easy out given to a young person possibly going
through a phase. Wasn't meant to be like that dummy
>>
>>2363822
>Wasn't like that at all, it was an easy out given to a young person possibly going
through a phase. Wasn't meant to be like that.

Just admit the blondie fucked up
>>
>>2363834
The whole Crux of why she was upset (she had brown hair btw) was because yuki did it for nothing. Had sex with a man she didn't even like.

This was reinforced with setsuko bringing up yuki couldn't get married or have kids with her.

It was a way for yuki to leave clean if she found a guy she liked.

Setsuko and hers relationship had deepened quite a bit at that point where yuki fucked up, and yuki didn't do it for any of the reasons setsuko had in mind.

So no it wasn't setsuko it was yuki being vulnerable/seeking attention
>>
>>2363532
I liked it too. Miles better than garbage like Citrus
>>
>>2363875
Recommendations for the next one I should read?
>>
I liked it overall.
The dicking coming up though is super obvious and it makes it impossible to read the early chapters.
>>
>>2363715
> real life doesn't play well here on /u/,

Maybe because this is fiction, and something being realistic doesn't make it good.

>>2363674
For all of its faults, at least the fact that the final relationship was never in doubt make me not hate it.
>>
>>2363834
They both fucked up. Neither of them are perfect people. Yukino fucked up more, but Setsuko was too busy trying to look cool up until that point to realise how emotionally immature and insecure the girl she'd fallen in love with was. Unfortunately, she'd already fallen in love with her by that point. Fortunately, they were able to work through it.
>>
File: Indigo_Blue_Chapter_11_167[1].jpg (218KB, 750x1059px) Image search: [Google]
Indigo_Blue_Chapter_11_167[1].jpg
218KB, 750x1059px
>>2363814
>The sex scenes are surprisingly intimate.

Yeah,honestly they are some of the best.

>>2363876
Indigo blue maybe. If you like intimate sex and can put up with some low key hetero involving the MC, it's a good read. The author's other stuff is good too, with less het, although I found it stretched the imagination a bit more.

https://dynasty-scans.com/series/indigo_blue
>>
>>2363532
Octave is the best /u/. You guys really gave me a good week when i had this recommended to me. Thawed my cold dead heart out for a little bit.
>>
>>2363567
At least Yuki didn't cheat on Setsuko with the model she was in charge of or Setsuko's brother's friend she went out drinking with.
>>
>>2363532
It was pure trash in all aspects. But I guess it's relatable to loose sluts who read it.
>>
>>2364291
>calls people sluts
>is virgin
>no life experience
>hates adult yuri
>>
>>2364298
I'm not a virgin and I love adult yuri, Collectors being one of my all time favorites. Octave is just an irredeemable diarrhea.

Don't assume everybody is as disgusting as you are.
>>
>>2364336
>start totally positive discussion thread about manga i just read and was excited about
>totally polarized discussion
>try to tamper it down and ask for recommendations
>anons continue to fight
>give up and join fight
>get a solid recommendation

Ill start reading collectors thx anon
>>
>>2364336
kill yourself retard
>>
>>2364497
Suck it up, bitch.
>>
>>2364509
>Live on with this kind of shit taste or kill yourself.

I'd choose number two if I was you. Just a friendly recommendation
>>
>>2364554
I'd get out of my parents' basement every so often if I were you. Just a friendly recommendation.
>>
>>2364554
If you're so prone to suicide, do us all a favor and take that weightless step.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.