[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So the new comic is coming out next year. What are your expectations?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 14

File: 51i80VhwPtL.jpg (42KB, 325x500px) Image search: [Google]
51i80VhwPtL.jpg
42KB, 325x500px
So the new comic is coming out next year.
What are your expectations?
Is this author good?
I was really enjoying the comic by Mariko but she left =/
>>
>>2357428
>What are your expectations?

A good laugh and a shit story. And shit "characters". As the precedent set by the first two new games.
>>
I haven't read any of the comics but I assume there's little to none when it comes to /u/ potential.
>>
File: IMG_1527.png (806KB, 499x766px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1527.png
806KB, 499x766px
>>2357454
The characters are fine the storie's are shit.

>>2357484
They shelved Sam and essentially made the first game's story pointless.
>>
>>2357519
> Lara going through emotional crisis alone and struggling

> no sign of her apparent best friend butt buddy Sam

What even is writing anyway?
>>
>>2357729
But aren't Lara's daddy issues so interesting enough to warrant a game and movie about them at the expense of Sam?
>>
>>2357729
Sam got thrown into a mental asylum because Crystal Dynamics wanted to squash the potential gayness between her and Lara.

The story reason for this was that Himiko's soul partially transferred into Sam during the ritual, which is feasible I suppose, Lara doesn't interrupt it for a good 5 or so minutes. But then Sam says she never wants to see Lara again and while Lara initially set off to find a way to cure her that seems to have been dropped as well.

Frankly at this point I'm only interested in the next TR game because they dropped Rihanna Pratchet as the writer, which means we might get some decent writing this time that isn't 80% daddy issues and 20% I CAN DO THIS.
>>
>>2357904
Wasn't Pratchett the reason for the gayness in the first place?
>>
>>2357906
I think so, anon's probably confusing the fact that the comics are made as supplement material to the games and not stand alone things.
>>
>>2357906
As far as I know Pratchett said she was ok with Sam/Lara but didn't want to push it against CD. I personally don't think Sam is going to be making a return in the games regardless.
>>
File: 1474297686954.jpg (349KB, 1024x689px) Image search: [Google]
1474297686954.jpg
349KB, 1024x689px
>>2357904
>>2357906
>>2357908
Crystal Dynamics is %100 the reason why we don't have Lara x Sam they didn't want to give Lara a sexuality but instead they wanted to focus on daddy issues.

So much so that the upcoming Tomb Raider movie is a rehash of the first game minus Sam but more daddy issues.

I believe Pratchett and Gail Simone both worked on the series at different points but walked away. I remember one of em saying they wanted to work on more LGBT stuff.
>>
Considering this whole tomb radier & knock offs are based off of Indiana Jones anyways, it would've been fine to just pretty much copy that series' relationship between mc and (female) love interest and it would've been fine.
>>
>>2358029
Not for waifu fags. That's why they don't want to give Lara any romances, male or female, because they don't want to rock the boat with sales from them.
>>
>>>/co/
>>
>>2357519
>They shelved Sam and essentially made the first game's story pointless.
That's fine, the comic also made the entire second game pointless too.
>>
Laura x Sam is for dumb casuals

Lara x Doppelganger is for people with taste
>>
File: 1474510661395.jpg (127KB, 500x583px) Image search: [Google]
1474510661395.jpg
127KB, 500x583px
>>2358066
No /u/. Although OP could have used a yuri pic.

>>2358085
I know but hey at least Trinity doesn't have an immortal army right?

>>2358117
Pleb Lara x Sam x Shadow Lara is Elder God Tier.
>>
File: 1469368976069.jpg (457KB, 2730x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1469368976069.jpg
457KB, 2730x1536px
Has SAYA updated their stuff at all?
>>
>>2358117
>>2358151
You're both wrong. Absolute truth tier is LaraxNatla
>>
>>2358544
Always takes a pretty long time, but I'll check later.
>>
>>2357428
WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH THAT SHADOW
>>
I think our chance on something more gay was with Mariko but unfortunately she left the group in Volume 2.
I think she's doing Hulk now and this looks pretty gay
>>
>>2358549
Absolute heresy.
>>
>>2357904
Pratchett was the one who put the /u/ content in, dumbass.

Why can't people understand that story is the LAST consideration when making a game? Pratchett was almost certainly brought in and told to write a story around mechanics, enemies, and a setting that had already been developed. That's why so many game plots are shit. If you're lucky the first part of the plot will be good and it will only collapse at the end (Uncharted 4, Prey, so many more).
>>
it would be cool if they brought natla back and had /u/ tension between her and lara
>>
File: IMG_1420.png (1018KB, 1280x1274px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1420.png
1018KB, 1280x1274px
>>2359688
I recall a little of that in "The Camera Loves You" which is Sam x Lara I enjoyed what I read but couldn't finish it. I just have difficulty reading long stories these days more so if it's on a digital format.

I would adore if there was something similar in the current continuity where Natla flirting with Lara made San jealous or something. Especially since I'm done with this Trinity nonsense. I'm surprisingly tired of shadowy organizations and am yearning for singular powerful card carrying villains again.

And only if they make the Atlanteans and god stuff full on magic instead of that advanced alien shit they implied in the games and later confirmed in the 20 year book.
>>
File: IMG_0202.jpg (588KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0202.jpg
588KB, 3840x2160px
Why is ghostsaya the slowest sfm animator in the world...
>>
>>2360676
No patreon bucks they try to earn?
>>
>>2359697
>I just have difficulty reading long stories these days more so if it's on a digital format.
I read them over phone on my way from work.
>>
>>2360862
I read em on the phone too but I just have difficulty focusing more so then if I was reading a book.
>>
>upcoming movie will be 1st rehash without sam
>sam being basically the main driving force behind the entire 1st game
Is that true (the no sam part)? They just gonna make lara hunt some mcguffin while bumping into set pieces of crew members dying? How?
>>
>>2360996
While having daddy issues! That's how!

I wish I was kidding about this. There are no words to describe my frustration in the English language.
>>
in the movie sam doesn't exist.... and lara is a fucking bike courier. who the fuck thought this was a good idea?
>>
>>2362164
Hollywood

I don't see how this is surprising to be honest.
>>
>>2362164
I've seen the screenshots and all I can ask is why are they intent on killing their franchise?

Even ignoring how interesting it would have been to have Sam be the new Zip and Alistair, the direction they're going in now is the most bland, half baked, disinteresting nonsense I've seen in awhile.
>>
>>2362164
>>2367482
Gotta be cognitive dissonance. The previous movies didn't really influence the game at least. Maybe the trend will continue.
>>
>>2357428
>What are your expectations?
No yuri,
>>
File: tumblr_mu1c8grA511qfrfyho1_1280.jpg (202KB, 1000x767px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mu1c8grA511qfrfyho1_1280.jpg
202KB, 1000x767px
>>2373279
Let's take this further.

There will be no acknowledgement of Sam at all in any and yes I know that Sam's arc(I'm being very generous with that word) is essentially done but up until that point they not so subtlety hinted that Sam was never far from Lara's mind.

Instead we'll undoubtedly get more daddy issues cause that's exciting. As well as bullshit excuse plot's with Trinity resulting in yet another stalemate that will later be revealed to have given Trinity a small advance in their goals/research/plan etc.

The movie will butcher Lara's character and the overall story as they're rehashing the 2013 game minus Sam who for better or worse was a major fucking plot point and character to the entire story second to Lara herself.

Fuck whoever thought this was a good idea.
>>
>>2360676
What is ghostsaya's endgame? Is she working on one long animation that'll eventually tie together or several individual ones
>>
>>2361007
Video game tie in movies are always terrible, better to just ignore that they exist.
>>
>>2373525
Nevermind that the next game might be the last in this continuity because nobody can think further than trilogies these days.
>>
>>2373608
They don't have to be especially in this case as the 2013 game was already cinematic all they had to do was expand on the characters that already existed and make them more 3 dimensional then they were in the game. And they could have made Lara x Sam a thing they had that freedom as well since it wouldn't affect the shit show the game/comic continuity has become. Hell I bet we could come up with a better script. Aside from the afore mentioned Lara x Sam and fleshed out characters I'd look to tie in some of the previous Tomb Raider mythos as well.

Although I'd avoid the same pitfalls DCEU and the "Dark Universe" have by not focusing on world building at the expense of the current characters.

>>2373613
This also doesn't have to be the case I've poured over their various unused ideas they're sitting on a treasure trove of wasted content that could easily be reworked into current continuity.

I really wish I had the drive and skill to put content out there but I'm just not there yet. I'd love to create even some fan comics of what could've been.
>>
>>2373626
Brief disclaimer I get that actually working in the video game industry is a living hell so I am talking on a purely concept front.

In all honesty it's just disappointing that some directions are taken and others are not even when from an outside perspective certain decisions like Lara x Sam should be obvious.
>>
File: Hana Rain.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Hana Rain.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>2373279
Meanwhile at another former Eidos game
>>
>>2373705
That new Deus Ex?
>>
>>2373972
Fear Effect
>>
>>2373705
man, I hope this is good. haven't tried the demo yet.

The previous plans for a sequel involved those two getting into a love triangle with one of the men on their team, but that was canceled in 2003 and the new one looks like a totally different game and made by totally different people. Fingers crossed that they don't try to resurrect that particular subplot.
>>
>>2375630
The devs said that Sedna is not going to be Inferno nor is it trying to replace it. Take that however you want.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.