[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fanfiction thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 37

File: 1489641466245.jpg (93KB, 500x702px) Image search: [Google]
1489641466245.jpg
93KB, 500x702px
Old >>2289422
Should we merge these with the /u/ lit threads in the future?
>>
the lit threads are a way different beast than these threads. No need to merge them.

Not like we need to save space much or anything.
>>
I don't think so. It wouldn't feel right to ask for advice and stuff like that in the /lit/ thread.
>>
No, we're completely different threads if you pay attention. This has also never been a problem so suggesting it is dumb.
>>
>>2326208
>Should we merge these with the /u/ lit threads in the future?
Absolutely not. They're two very different things.

Don't stir up issues where there doesn't need to be any.
>>
Is reading fanfics about real people weird? kpop for example.
>>
>>2327357
Very. I don't know why but I find it extremely uncanny.
>>
>>2327357
It usually is, but it also depends on how weird it gets. Though I suppose in your example it's more typical for the idol industry.
>>
>>2327357
Yes
>>
>>2327357
While I was never interested in it myself, I didn't really have any opinion on it either for a while. But I had a brief period of enjoying Glee fics right around the time the show got gay but before it went from bad to jump-the-shark bad, and every single fandom around that show, /u/ or not, made me find the shipping of real people profoundly creepy. There was some fucked up shit going on man.
>>
>>2327366
And to add, in addition to the creepiness, it also really showed me how shipping real people for serious is a recipe for getting let down in extremely brutal ways. That's even if the people you ship are actually dating at some point mind you, multiply that by a hundred if you're shipping two random chicks who are 95% chance straight and probably wouldn't date even if they were both gayer than rainbows anyway.
>>
>>2327357
this reminded of when I used to read t.A.T.u fics
>>
>>2327371
I still think Diana Agron and Lea Michele drunkenly fucked at least once at some point and there's nothing you can do to disabuse me of that notion.

I just wish people wouldn't tell celebrities they're convinced they're boinking their costars though. Fandom should stay in fandom.
>>
>>2327357
I think so.

There's something just off about it. Real people have their own feelings and agency and shit, so writing fics about celebrities or musicians is just kinda odd.

I don't even like fanfiction for Live Action shows/movies, personally.
>>
>>2327390
How come?
>>
>>2327392
In general I'm just not really into live action shows in the first place. I'm not big on real people, for lack of a better way to put it. Especially not western stuff.

But in terms of fanfiction - it's a feeling that's like a lesser form of the issue I have with Real People shipping/fics. No matter how you look at it, live actors are just that - actors. They're not actually their characters, and that's something I've been unable to look past recently. So when it comes to fanfiction for live action shows, I can't (personally) move past the idea that the fics end up representing the real people anyway.
>>
>>2327392
Maybe anon can't help but see the actors when thinking of the characters.
>>
>>2327398
This. I have the same problem.
>>
>>2327398
That happens to me too. It is a huge turn off.
>>
My problem is that I just don't find real human beings to be attractive. I can get turned on by anime, manga and other impressions of the human form just fine, but real people look about as attractive to me as dogs or hippos. I'm not saying I'm some kind of evolved asexual ubermenschen, people just look like animals to me. That's why real pairings do nothing for me. But I probably just have a hentai addiction or something.
>>
>>2327402
>>2327410
One of the things that I found useful, at least in regards to that, is actually not watching it. Just reading fics picking up pieces of their looks and stuff. Eventually I might look around and stumble upon some pictures just for an idea. Nothing serious just to get a better idea of their faces but I don't really watch any show until I know it pretty well. Hell OUaT's a great example. There's so many fics floating around I picked up the plots for the first four seasons before I actually watched it.
>>
>>2327431
That's impossible to me since I only read fics of series I enjoy.
>>
>>2327434
Then wait shows or does it extend to movies?
>>
>>2327434
>reading fics for series or movies one isn't even into
What would be the point? If you don't know the characters or the plots or anything, why read the works?
>>
>>2327437
I don't usually read fics of movies even if I liked it. Cause usually there isn't much to work with.
>>
>>2327444
If you only look for AUs, it's basically original fiction if you have no knowledge. So if someone wants less-than-novel-length lesbians, it might be decent?
>>
>>2327460
>So if someone wants less-than-novel-length lesbians, it might be decent?

pretty much this. reading an AU of a series i don't know about is just a story with lesbians. reading an AU for a series i do know about is pretty much a story with lesbians where i have a general idea of what the character dynamics are going to be before i pick it up.

and it's not like the bar between fanfic and published lesbian romance is all that big.
>>
>>2327473
And it's easier to find fanfics in which the yuri actually happens. It's so hard to find published books with lesbians.
>>
>>2327357
It's creepy as all hell and occasionally crosses the line into downright terrifying
>>
>>2327431
This happened to me with Glee. Never watched it but I noticed there was a shed load of fics for Santana/Brittany and just from them I got the basic plot of the series. I remember that was around the time when there was an episode centered around Santana about to come out. I watched it and immediately decided to just stick with the fics and youtube compilations.

>>2327444
Reading fics for series I haven't watched has actually introduced me to series I wouldn't have known about or watched other wise. I usually read AUs or spoiler-free ones first and if the characters intrigue me I find out more about them and the show.
>>
>>2327357
does it count if the author supposedly based it about his/her life but doesnt reveal it until the last chapter
>>
>>2328140
Depends? We talking scenario or more detailed?
>>
>>2327390
>>2327397
>>2327398
I feel it too, to a certain extent
The main thing with live action that I read fic for also has comics and novels, and I always end up picturing the characters as their comic or cover illustrations instead of the actors
>>
>>2327357
I've read some kpop fics. The good ones are usually AU so far removed from the industry that its basically fiction with pairing/idol names.

I think that kind of stuff gets really weird when they base it on real life and create OC for the readers to self-insert into the story.
>>
>>2327431
Agreed. My favorite fics are from Supergirl, OUaT, Glee, and The 100. I have watched none of those shows, because I've heard all of them are shit.
>>
Any RWBY fans on right now? I got a recommendation for some of you anons

http://archiveofourown.org/works/7026697/chapters/15988120
>>
>>2328539
The first two seasons of The 100 were good, sometimes even great.

But yes, SG, OUaT and Glee are all shit.
>>
Question: how the fuck am I supposed to refer to a character multiple times without making it really awkward? There's only so many descriptive substitutes one can use.
>>
>>2328570
Yeah, this was posted in the RWBY thread earlier.

What the fuck is this even?
>>
>>2328619
Just use "she" a lot? Once you've broken it up with enough words you can revert to the character's name again once, then repeat. I mean, just how long are we talking here?
>>
>>2328809
Pretty long for a one-shot, I guess. I'm not even a third of the way and it's 3k already.
>>
>>2328619
If it's just two characters talking to each other, you can leave off the names or descriptors after a line or two of unbroken dialogue, if it's obvious to the reader who is talking.
"I like fingering," Lisa said, meekly.
"No way! Cunnilingus is better!" Rachel said.
"B-but... it's lewd..."
"Pussy juice it tastes great!"
like that
>>
What do ya guys think about slow burn?
>>
>>2328907
I better not be sent to the depths of fucking Cocytus just because I want something with build up. It works better if there's progression mixed with the pining and what not. Slow burn is obviously about the journey but the journey can't grind to a halt.
>>
>>2328570
>>2328623
Yeah, I saw this one on the rwby thread too.

This is the short description:
Team RWBY wake up one seemingly normal morning only to find that Ruby isn't alone in bed. She's surrounded by five strange girls who came out of nowhere. Who are these girls? And why are they fighting over Ruby? (RubyxHarem) (rated M for suggestive/sexual themes)
>>
>>2328907
Only if there's an actual other plot that is genuinely interesting that the romance plays sidekick to. Or at the very least there isn't too much obliviousness as to what feeling are being felt by the feelers.

Speaking of slow burns. Overlady just updated again and there has been some significant hint of upcoming progress to be had for the ship /u/ is rooting for. Like Louise has resolved to admit her feelings for Henriette after dealing with the current plot shit. Though the nature of the progress and current events are likely to set things back after before the
>>
File: 324234324234.png (11KB, 619x55px) Image search: [Google]
324234324234.png
11KB, 619x55px
Google translate is priceless.

At least this sentence makes some sense.
>>
>>2329153
Sexual hyphens is my new fetish.
>>
>>2328866
Even if there's a large chunk of text with just one character being referred to, if the prose is interesting, it will be okay to be repetitive with the pronouns.
>>
>>2328619
The secret is to constantly refer to her by her hair color.

No, really, just use 'she' or her name. The reader won't get bored.
>>
File: 345345345.jpg (44KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
345345345.jpg
44KB, 620x350px
>>2329342
I've seen so many stuff like "bluenette" and "pinkette".

People also love mentioning the eye color 330843 times.
>>
>>2329563
I've also seen nationality mentioned a lot for foreign characters. Specially in Strike Witches fics.
>>
>>2329563
How do you feel about emerald orbs or gems that looked like the night sky?
>>
>>2328619
It's going to be difficult, but I honestly think the best way is to challenge your general sentence structure/writing style to such a way where you don't have to rely on using the names in the first place.

It's difficult, but not impossible.
>>
>>2328809
>>2328868
>>2329788
Thanks for the advice. I tried not to rely too much on names and hair color, or at least not use the same misnomer repeatedly so it won't get weird. Questionable success, but it it's only like the fourth thing I ever wrote, my longest story ever and the only one so far to include explicit sexual content.

One more question, if it's not too much trouble. What would you say is the best place to post a smutfic? I was thinking AO3, but then it turned out you can't just walk in there and register, because they're some sekrit club shit and you need invitation or w/e. H-F, maybe?
>>
>>2331691
You do need an invitation to get to AO3, but you can get it just by asking for one. It'll just take you a few days.

http://archiveofourown.org/invite_requests
>>
>>2331696
>a few days

Shit, I should've found out about this before I spent a few days writing the fucking thing.

Also, if you can get "invited" by just asking to be invited, what's the point of the system anyways? What's wrong with a simple "Sign Up" button?
>>
>>2327444
I tend to read my favorite authors stories even if they aren't in any of my fandoms. It's a pretty solid way of getting interested in new shows, often I also find the shows better from having previous knowledge of the potential story arcs. More so fanfics tend to cherry pick the best lines, plots and chars and it's neat just getting to see the highlights without all the unavoidable tedious crap between. Instead you get some different unavoidable fillers!
>>
>>2327444
Does one count crossovers? Cus one fic I'm really into is a crossover between something I like and something I would never watch/read in a million years.
>>
>>2329582
I roll my eyes anytime an author writes orbs. I hate it so much.
>>
File: N_SpheresVolumeAndSurfaceArea.png (28KB, 928x469px) Image search: [Google]
N_SpheresVolumeAndSurfaceArea.png
28KB, 928x469px
>>2331872
How do you feel about glomes? I love looking into the 4D eyes of higher-dimensional lesbians.
>>
File: 61381832_p12.jpg (381KB, 750x1061px) Image search: [Google]
61381832_p12.jpg
381KB, 750x1061px
>>2331704
It only took me a couple hours before I got my invitation. It's probably just an automated thing. It's not like your fic will self-destruct while you wait.
I don't have any invitations and they aren't accepting requests right now, otherwise I'd send you one.
>>
>>2331704
It keeps out the laziest twelve-year-olds.
>>
>>2332085
Eh, it said it would take like 10 days. Fuck that bureaucratic nonsense. I don't usually upload my writing anyways. Maybe some other time.
>>
>>2331696
>invitation
How long did they fucking have this?
>>
>>2332112
Quite some time. At the very least they had it since sometime in 2015; it was already in place when I joined in early 2016.

It's not like it's hard to get or anything, though. You wait a few days and then you're allowed to post on the site.
>>
thoughts on f/f fics with m/m or f/m? or do you guys like het?
>>
>>2332191
Depends on whether they're side pairs in case of f/m. M/m is fine as long as it doesn't become the goddamn focus. Really as long as F/f remains a focus in terms of couple presence most things would be fine for me
>>
File: 1414845211269.jpg (108KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1414845211269.jpg
108KB, 1280x720px
>even some japanese fanfics compare eye color to precious stones
>>
>>2332191
I still read m/f/ fics, more than anything because I read fics based on series I already like, and many of those are still het.

That said, when I go for f/f I want yuri to be the focus - I'd rather not have m/m or f/m mentioned at all, or at most in passing.
>>
>>2332191
Those don't bother me if they're only mentioned in passing "oh btw, X and Y just started dating."
>>
>>2332197
It's a pretty human thing to do that's been going on in writing fro centuries, if not millennia.
>>
>>2332191
I prefer them as side couple and things that don't involve the advertised couple. Though i can tolerate m/f of the main couple if nothing really happens and the plot is really good otherwise in getting to f/f.
>>
File: 436346ery.png (2KB, 166x26px) Image search: [Google]
436346ery.png
2KB, 166x26px
>mfw google translate
>>
File: ss+(2017-05-09+at+04.17.43).jpg (76KB, 535x406px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-05-09+at+04.17.43).jpg
76KB, 535x406px
Any fics like this?
>>
>>2332191
Some pairings just work better as het.

in b4 tumblr spergs out on me.
>>
>>2332284
I agree. The ones with disgusting relationships.
>>
>>2332191
only one non-canon yuri pairing or I drop it. not a fan of cast full of gay either.. which means i dont read/watch most yuri.
>>
>>2332272
https://archiveofourown.org/works/1142997

Sort of. Mine....
>>
>>2332199
>I still read m/f/ fics, more than anything because I read fics based on series I already like, and many of those are still het.
Right. Most of my fics are f/f, but there are a few series I really like that just don't have any good f/f pairings, and a few f/m and m/m pairings I just like.

>That said, when I go for f/f I want yuri to be the focus - I'd rather not have m/m or f/m mentioned at all, or at most in passing.
I kind of disagree with this though. I've read a bunch of f/f stories where EVERYBODY was gay, like the author was so disgusted by the idea of heterosexual romance that they created a world where being gay was more common than being straight, and that just comes off as unrealistic pandering.

Just because you've got Katara dating Toph, doesn't mean Zuko has to start fucking Sokka and Mai has to be in love with Azula. I'm fine with background characters being het.
>>
>>2332272
Not quite the same thing, but I've got some roleplay of this: http://archiveofourown.org/works/2216361
>>
>>2332272
This should be made into a prompt. Someone, please.
>>
>>2332272
>>2332725
You two should look into smut fics for older western fandoms.
>>
>>2332191
I don't really care if you have a side-couple with different genders as long as they don't take up a lot of page-time. I drop the ones where side-couples start getting tons of scenes and their own plot and shit. And I don't read a single fic with m/m or m/f main couple even if it has f/f on the side, and never have.
>>
>>2332740
Cross-thread but this would be pretty off-topic there so. This is exactly the kinda fic that emphasizes how shit ff.net is for yuri works.

How exactly are you supposed to find it if you're browsing looking for yuri fics rather than getting a link? Well, you can search but the description has no /u/-related keywords at all so that's not gonna happen. Or you can browse...either looking through literally 33k fics one at a time, most of them het, or meticulously going down the checklist searching for every single pairing of two female characters available meaning hundreds of different searches, most with 0 - 1 results, or results that just happen to have both of them but they're not actually paired at all (since ff.net's pairing system is way newer than 95% of SM fics).

I just wish ff.net would go down already so people would migrate to another site with actually good design. Maybe we'd even be lucky and someone makes a new site that beats Ao3 out of the water too, but I'd settle for less.
>>
>>2332505
That was fun. The ending was a bit abrupt though and it never actually revealed what the idea MC had at the end was.
>>
File: Fan history.jpg (1MB, 2175x6720px) Image search: [Google]
Fan history.jpg
1MB, 2175x6720px
Lots of history (all of it) I wasn't aware of in this.
>>
>>2333296
Someone should tell Kuugen it's dangerous to make a living out of fanfics.
>>
>>2333296
Mobile was a mistake.
>>
>>2333296
Couldn't do a desktop screen cap?
>>
>>2333738
This is what I got out of it.

Granted I already knew broadly that Anne Rice had gone after people for fanworks before so once she came up I figured I had nothing to gain from navigating that mess of a screenshot.
>>
>>2333785
If it's the one I've read several times, there's an addition about how show/media/whatever writers can't read fanfics for legal reasons that are about inspiration and stuff. It just always opens with Rice, and how she's a huge cunt when it comes to fanworks. Also one that talks about the people behind AO3 being this real nice group of people that helped various fanfic authors with legal issues and other things.
>>
>>2333786
Well, I guess Rice is always mentioned cause she is the most famous one of the bunch of authors that openly forbid fanfics. There are a few other names on the ff.net site.
>>
I'm not sure why, but I just don't like those birthday fics.
>>
>>2333934
What?
>>2333800
Yeah probably also the one that did a complete flip on how to view it while still being a two-faced cunt about it.
>>
>>2333938
I don't like those fics that are about celebrating a character's birthday. Even if you add yuri to it, it feels too cheesy.
>>
>>2333744
>>2333738
>>2333785
Top to bottom left to right in case that wasn't obvious. Next time I'll just post the screens individually the way I found them.
>>
>>2333969
Or do a cap from the desktop. It's a wonder what looks nice when you do.
>>
File: ss+(2017-05-11+at+02.11.42).jpg (86KB, 300x878px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-05-11+at+02.11.42).jpg
86KB, 300x878px
>>2333971
Here you go.
>>
File: Grin Homu.jpg (46KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
Grin Homu.jpg
46KB, 900x675px
>>2333974
Well played
>>
>>2333974
You're one cheeky cunt m8, I'll give you that.
>>
File: 1492058110947.png (206KB, 329x370px) Image search: [Google]
1492058110947.png
206KB, 329x370px
>>2333974
Good job.
>>
>>2332718
>I kind of disagree with this though. I've read a bunch of f/f stories where EVERYBODY was gay, like the author was so disgusted by the idea of heterosexual romance that they created a world where being gay was more common than being straight, and that just comes off as unrealistic pandering.

I entirely agree, but I don't come across this much (which is why I mentioned I don't necessarily like het or m/m in my /u/ stories) - when I read yuri it's almost always for series where the whole cast is /u/ (most of /u/ shows in general, really). And it's the same for het series (where I tend to only read het stories from series that are het). I like keeping things clearly divided by interest.
>>
>>2332718
>where EVERYBODY was gay, like the author was so disgusted by the idea of heterosexual romance that they created a world where being gay was more common than being straight

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of this, but I also hate het, so I guess I'd rather have the main f/f pairing and not talk anything about the sexuality/relationships of the other characters.

>>2332191
Depends. There was this fic with a yuri pairing I love, but one m/f pairing I really hate. I had to drop it.
>>
Does registering an account on AO3 allow you to blacklist tags? Someone's flooding the Love Live tag with futa and I'd rather not have to scroll past it.
>>
>>2332191
As long as the main f/f couple aren't involved, and it doesn't take over the spotlight, I'm absolutely fine with it
>>
File: 111.png (22KB, 278x598px) Image search: [Google]
111.png
22KB, 278x598px
>>2334826
You can add "-futa" or "-futanari" (with the - sign) to "other tags" and it will filter it out. Then add it to your bookmarks
>>
File: Flag_of_Spain.svg.png (73KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Spain.svg.png
73KB, 1280x853px
Does anyone know some good fanfics in spanish?
>>
>>2333296
Man, I remember when ffn pulled any and all RPF from the site. I really haven't read much of it since, because I feel like I'm doing something bad.
>>
>>2331872
I roll my eyes every time the author mentions a character rolling their eyes. They should be epileptic by the frecuency they do it in their stories.
>>
>>2335532
From what anime? (¿Prefieres hablar en español?)
>>
>>2336220
K-ON!, quiere aprender la lengua
>>
>>2336269
*quiero
>>
File: Ayaya.jpg (198KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ayaya.jpg
198KB, 1280x720px
>>2336220
>>2336269
>>
>>2336365
Negro, por favor.
>>
>>2335532
There's a nanofate fic I absolutely love, it's called Ahora y para siempre, probably the only nanofate fic in spanish I've read. https://m.fanfiction.net/s/7250078/1/

I read a shit-ton of fics in spanish, since that's my mother language, but hardly any of those are about anime series, mostly cause I'm unable to find decent fics about the shows I'm interested in.
>>
>fics in my native language
I wish I could read those.
>>
>>2336665
Why can't you?
>>
>>2336669
The cringe, most likely.
>>
>>2336676
Correct.
>>
>Ship has a very romantic/famous/fic-worthy scene in the canon work and everyone writes stories around it
>This may or may not be the only real romantic/famous/fic-worthy scene for said couple

What do you girls do in a situation like this (assuming you want to stay canon)? Write the scene regardless, and try hard to somehow make it an original take on the scene? Or do you try and write anything but that scene, and struggle with making something both interesting and canon while trying hard not to include something that would help you?

I'm struggling with this currently in two separate, distinct ships/fandoms and I don't know how to deal with it.
>>
>>2338147
It's fanfiction. Do what YOU want to do. At the very least you'll practice writing.
>>
>>2338147
>(assuming you want to stay canon)?
That's your problem right there. If you want cannon, watch the show. Fanfics should be at the very least a little off--cannon, if only because very few stories have decent relationships in them.
>>
>>2338147
Write about the aftermath
>>
File: 43075105_p0.jpg (596KB, 1259x960px) Image search: [Google]
43075105_p0.jpg
596KB, 1259x960px
I need a clever acronym for a female robot ejaculating.
CAME - Coolant Automatic Material Ejection?
>>
Why are the most popular fics in any fandom always so badly written?
>>
>>2341190
Sturgeon's Law.
>>
>>2341190
And they update everyday, while the good fics get abandoned or on hiatus
>>
>>2341196
Bad fics take less effort to write, I think.
>>
>>2341190
Most people have shit taste. Is that a surprise?
>>
>>2341196
The fact that they update often is actually part of their popularity: it gets noticed more than the other stuff if it's always on the front page.
>>
>>2335532
Theres one i really liked when i was into Glee...it was a Santana/OC, who was basically a lesbian Effy from Skins...but i dropped when the sequel pretty much ignored that pairing to go back to Santana/Brittany.
I think it was called Sanando El Corazon...
>>
>>2341220
The fact that this is true makes me wonder if I should post stuff in chunks instead of in a oneshot. I've been working on something for over six weeks now, and while uploading it in chapters might motivate me to finish it, there's still a very real possibility that I will abandon it like so many others and I don't like the idea of leaving tattered, unfinished scraps of a fanfic out there for no reason.
>>
>>2341253
How close is it being done?
>>
>>2341255
About half. I'm on page 7 now, and I think it should be finished around page 15. It depresses me that I've only averaged little more than a page a week, and I did three pages in one sitting one day, so I've been inexcusably lazy.
>>
>>2341263
Sounds like a good pace. At least you're on track for getting it down. I'd suggest holding off til like page 12/13 if you wanted to try putting up chapters to test the idea.
If it's any consolation you're going faster than I am, I started something near the end of April and I'm just nearing the halfway point.
>>
>>2341267
What annoys me is that I have so many ideas that run around in my head that I want to do next, and yet I can't even clear one hurdle. I feel like I want to write about everything but what I'm actually working on. Well, good luck to you.
>>
>>2341300
Maybe jot the things down in a separate word doc or something? Unless they deal with what your writing currently, or perhaps find little ways to incorporate them into future chapters.
>>
>>2341315
I definitely need to use a separate word doc. I currently have them mixed in with short stories I've written in one big doc that's 112 pages. I seriously need to organize it.
>>
File: qrewrwer.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
qrewrwer.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
I just found an omegaverse fic in japanese. I just hope it is not popular over there
>>
>>2342452
Who cares if it is? A boatload of (disgusting) shit is popular over there.
>>
>>2342457
Japan has enough weird shit, it doesn't need 1 more
>>
>>2342452
>omegaverse
Part of me wants to know.
>>
>>2342472
You don't know what it is?
>>
>>2342472
I envy you.
>>
>>2342482
>>2342492
A quick search reveals BL, mpreg, zoophilia and an insufficient amount of bleach for me to consume.
Again did curiosity lead me to parts I wouldn't even go with a gun.
>>
>>2342532
>BL, mpreg, zoophilia

Yeah, it's something along these lines.
>>
>>2342532
Close, but not exactly.
>>
>>2342635
I can dig the power dynamics part of omegaverse. Everything else isn't great, but I can see the power dynamics and ideas in it making for an interesting story.
>>
Why do I struggle to bring myself to write any normal stories but look forward to writing dirty smut fics? Am I just a creep?
>>
>>2343678
Because with smut, you don't have to think about plot.
>>
>>2343695
Aw, that makes me a hack.
>>
>>2343695
Dunno you still need something of an excuse unless it's just pure PWP, but most people won't like that stuff either. Fluff and a lot of oneshots don't have that much in the way of serious plot either.
>>
>>2343678
If you enjoy doing so, then just write smut. Nothing wrong with being the best hack.
>>
>>2343721
How many words does a story have to be before it's no longer PWP.
>>
>>2343735
Hell if I know. It's not a perfectly clear division either, but in general, if there's no progression of any sort, no general arc and no real excuse for why the characters are fucking, I consider that to be PWP. I don't like it because without anything to contextualize the scene, it doesn't have that much of an effect. Good smut, in my opinion, comes from tension, anticipation and has an emotional arc. Besides, even in a smut fic, the actual fucking might only take a very small portion of the word count. Dismissing the entire story on basis of it containing smut can be stupid.
>>
Any opinions on butt stuff? Does it translate well to the written form? I haven't included it myself yet, but have thought of adding it the next time I write smut.
>>
>>2343798
It's my fetish, so I'm biased, but if written tastefully and appriopiately it's no different from any other written smut.
It might be a bad idea to have it as the first sex scene, though. Gotta escalate. Start with the more "vanilla" stuff for a couple of scenes before going to the butt stuff.
>>
>>2343815
Got any recommendations I could check? I'm curious to see some good examples now that you've mentioned being a fetishist.
>>
>>2343798
Mostly depends on the reader's fetish really. There's certainly nothing about it that makes it translate more or less than any other specific sexual act. Except, I suppose, that it's naturally seen as a more kinky act than generic oral or similar and therefore it's going to make your story seem more smutty...but if you're actually detailing the act anyway then it's really not gonna make a big difference.
>>
>>2343798
I'm a virgin, so I don't know how it feels in real life. Some women say it hurts and it's not pleasant, but I won't know, so I'm fine with reading about them. But it's not my favorite fetish
>>
>>2343958
Well you don't have to not be a virgin to have done butt stuff. And lesbians aren't going to be doing butt stuff that hurts just to satisfy a guy, so if two girls are doing butt stuff it's probably just because they find it pleasurable. I've enjoyed reading about butt stuff personally before, but it's not something that's touched upon often in f/f.
>>
>>2333296
Who cares
>>
>>2343958
You have an ass, you have fingers, you had lube, you can always find out for yourself
>>
>>2344624
I'd rather not. I had to apply suppository once due to medical reasons and it felt awful.
>>
>>2344640
Just get yourself excited then lightly prod the door. You know after the bathroom and all readiness, but even something simple as pressing can cause arousal because of how it is back there. Either way you'd have to tease it a little.
>>
I'm writing dirty fanfiction in a room with other people and nobody knows it!
>>
>>2344797
u wot m8
>>
any good evangelion fics?
>>
>>2344797
I'd read a fic about that.
Especially if cute fanfic writer gets found out by another cute girl and is lovingly bullied by her for it while girl A begs her not to tell anyone.
>>
What's the policy on posting stories you've written?
>>
>>2345731
As long as it's /u/ there's no real policy. Just post.

I mean, if you write and post a new story every day anons might eventually get tired of it I guess.
>>
>>2345731
Don't spam and have it be /u/.
>>
I keep going back and forth on whether I should use anal beads in my story. Sometimes I think it's hot, other times I think it's gross.
>>
Do you think it's important to stay consistent in a fic with honorifics in speech? In other words, is it ok to use use Nee-san for a character's sister but use Mother for her mother instead of okaa-san, or does mixing them sound awkward?
>>
>>2346106
Mixing a shit, yes.
>>
>>2346106
Loan words are the only time you should deviate from your main language.
>>
>>2346106
you shouldn't use them at all if you aren't writing in japanese, weeb scum
>>
>>2346106
Sounds awkward unless there's a damn good reason why.
>>
Generally it is recommended that if your fic is from a series that has their own thread on /u/, post it in that thread
>>
>>2346560
You wanna point out who you're talking too?
>>
>>2346106
thats cringy AF anon
trust me fuckton of latino fanfic writers did it and it not only feels awkward but also stupid/annoying after a while
>>
>>2346561
If you scroll up just a little bit, you see >>2345731
>>2346562
I actually recently read a fic that has two sisters refer to their mom as "mother" and "mom", respectively to show how they differ in respect and such. Okaa-sama vs Kaa-san, if we were to weeb it up. so there is no reason to loanword shit, just because it's more convenient.
>>
I finally finished my Big Hero 6 story.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/11029275/chapters/24581643
>>
>>2329563
>>2329582

I made a few similar mistakes for my first few fanfics, and I cringe evey time I look back on them. It was never as bad as 'pinkette' or 'bluenett,' but it was close enough....
>>
>that feel when you have read every scrap of Reimu/Marisa fiction on ff.net and AO3
>ever doujin too

Is there anything I've missed? I find it very hard to believe that something as popular on the internet as Touhou wouldn't have some kind of massive repository of fiction sitting out there, like Sailor Moon and Ranma 1/2.
>>
>>2327384
They definitely fucked.
>>
>>2347943
Jap fics
>>
>>2347943
Braille fics.
>>
Is there a collection of yuri fanfiction somwhere?
>>
>>2345637
I'd probably pay like, 99 cents to read that story.
>>
>>2348500
>>2348502
This kills the shipper.
>>
>>2346100
Yes.
>>
>>2348883
You mean you wouldn't want to rub Braille dots against your pussy in order to fully connect with the story?
>>
>>2348893
Fully? Nah, lady. Factor in the heightened senses of the blind and we are talking about levels of connectedness beyond mortal ken. Literally Shere of Gods stuff. The only thing that I can think of that would be coming close is the obviously cruder Morse-Dildo method.
>>
>>2348500
Join me on google translate hell
>>
>>2348893
B-But I'm a guy...
>>
>>2348511
the internet

>>2348789
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/her_world
>>
File: 345345.png (471KB, 800x700px) Image search: [Google]
345345.png
471KB, 800x700px
I'd like to recommend these japanese symphogear fics. I only read them with google translate, but they seem nice

-Tsubasa x Maria: https://www.pixiv.net/novel/show.php?id=5909842

-Chris x Tsubasa x Maria: https://www.pixiv.net/novel/show.php?id=7434098

-Tsubasa x Chris:

https://www.pixiv.net/novel/show.php?id=6048393

https://www.pixiv.net/novel/show.php?id=6544891
>>
>>2348511
Op used to include a ff archive that was from like the turn of the decade. Had a lot of old stuff.
>>
I need some help here, onee-samas. Please post your favorite bits of smut. I'm in the mood to write some more and could use good examples to improve my own with.
>>
File: 61041004_p0.jpg?1495069076.jpg (904KB, 2700x1800px) Image search: [Google]
61041004_p0.jpg?1495069076.jpg
904KB, 2700x1800px
Are there any good fics between these two? Lusamommy is fine too.
>>
>>2350314
I love this:
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8259100/1/Exhaustion
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7629283/1/
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12278844/1/On-A-Quiet-Day

Now, if you could write some Urara, I would love you.
>>
>>2350356
I'm writing a quick Eila/Perrine Strike Witches oneshot. I'd have to rewatch Urara before writing something, but there's potential to be had with some fox spirit hijinks.
>>
File: koumethumbs.jpg (65KB, 473x590px) Image search: [Google]
koumethumbs.jpg
65KB, 473x590px
>>2350587
That's perfect.
>>
File: lillie and chickenchan 1.jpg (909KB, 1548x1003px) Image search: [Google]
lillie and chickenchan 1.jpg
909KB, 1548x1003px
>>2350329
There are a few out there, mostly on Ao3. The real problem is that, unfortunately, nearly all of them are centered around one idea: either the time when Lillie finally returns from Kanto, or the time just before. This makes everything feel kind of same-y, although there are still a few good ones even with this issue.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/10563315/chapters/23337378 (Lemon)

http://archiveofourown.org/works/8826550 (second person - I don't mind it, and it works with the Pokemon PCs, but a heads up feels necessary)

http://archiveofourown.org/works/9451175 (probably my favorite of what I'm recommending)

This certainly isn't everything, though. I'm also working on a one-shot myself now for these two. I'll post it when I'm done, if that's alright. Hopefully soon
>>
>>2328868
Is this a Worm fanfic snippet?
>>
>>2350760
I hope it's just an unfortunate coincidence because those characters are very OOC
>>
>>2350668
Thank you so much for those recommendations! I'm looking forward to your story by the way
>>
>>2350356
>incest threesome with smut
Do you have any more of this?
>>
>>2350997
No, but check other stuff by the same author if you want similar smut:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1890123/Racke
>>
I don't have much experience with spanish-speaking yuri fans, but the few of them I see seem more fixated on the tachi/neko thing than us
>>
>>2350314
http://archiveofourown.org/works/4623714
http://archiveofourown.org/works/1165767
http://archiveofourown.org/works/3976201
http://archiveofourown.org/works/145827

I really like fluffy smut, and I will not deny it.
>>
>>2350997
http://archiveofourown.org/works/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&work_search%5Bquery%5D=&work_search%5Btitle%5D=&work_search%5Bcreator%5D=&work_search%5Brevised_at%5D=&work_search%5Bcomplete%5D=0&work_search%5Bsingle_chapter%5D=0&work_search%5Bword_count%5D=&work_search%5Blanguage_id%5D=&work_search%5Bfandom_names%5D=&work_search%5Brating_ids%5D=13&work_search%5Bcategory_ids%5D%5B%5D=116&work_search%5Bcharacter_names%5D=&work_search%5Brelationship_names%5D=&work_search%5Bfreeform_names%5D=Incest%2CThreesome%2C-m%2Fm%2C-m%2Ff&work_search%5Bhits%5D=&work_search%5Bkudos_count%5D=&work_search%5Bcomments_count%5D=&work_search%5Bbookmarks_count%5D=&work_search%5Bsort_column%5D=&work_search%5Bsort_direction%5D=&commit=Search
>>
>>2351671
How did that link not get blocked as spam?
>>
>>2351711
Why would it be? It's just a Ao3 search for f/f/f incest smut.
>>
>>2351718
Usually, at least for me, 4chan thinks...let's call them excessive links are spam and I can't even post them. Just surprised it went through.
>>
File: 1484533642103.jpg (577KB, 1000x1412px) Image search: [Google]
1484533642103.jpg
577KB, 1000x1412px
>>2350906
If you're still interested in my Moon/Lillie fic, I finally finished it.
http://archiveofourown.org/works/11118561
>>
>>2354875
Sorry for not replying until now. I enjoyed your fic, it was a sweet little one-short! Especially the last paragraph when Lillie realized that she found a new significant other in Moon after her mother rejected her. I'm a sucker for stuff like this.
>tfw I'll never travel Alola with Moon
>>
File: 1484838102330.jpg (85KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1484838102330.jpg
85KB, 600x600px
>>2356088
Very glad you enjoyed it. I'm not entirely happy with it, but it makes me happy to know people liked it regardless.
>>
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12530368/1/Sometimes-you-can-find-Tigers-roaming-Japan-freely

Blast from the past, there's a nice ToraSuzu fic for it now
>>
>>2360249
Masterpiece.
>>
>>2360249
Isn't that Izetta's plot?
>>
>>2360249
Not enough angst, would not read.
>>
>>2360299
In the vain of the six word short story by Hemingway:

>"For sale. Rings engraved Trisha and May, once worn."
>>
>>2360304
There's no evidence Hemingway wrote the story you're alluding to.
>>
>>2360315
The nature of urban legends perpetuated by authors and such. It's the easiest way to find it though miss-attribution or not.
>>
I wrote a thing
https://pastebin.com/PcxeEJxx
Daily Witch, Eve/Dani

There's a lot I'm not really happy with, but I wanted to get it pushed out before my birthday and another year without finishing writing anything.
>>
So I'm looking to improve my writing skills, but I'm coming up blank for a prompt. I figured this thread would be a good source for ideas as well as a place to receive actual constructive criticism. I don't normally reach out like this, but hey, I'm stepping out of my box for once. Anyone have any requests for a small one shot?
>>
>>2362300
The /u/lit thread began the practice of having weekly prompts if you get nothing here. Are you averse to incest? I might have a prompt but it involves incest.
>>
>>2362300
A pair of wind up dolls that grow to care for each other in every span of life, but lose their memory once their time is up and they fall still with a need to be rewound. Each cycle of life feels more familiar than the last letting them grow closer faster.
>>
>>2362300
What series do you like?
>>
>>2362314
I was able to get a decent prompt from lit, and knocked one out from there. They actually mentioned to head over here, too. As for the incest, it's not exactly my thing. I've got siblings, so it just seems weird to me.

>>2362324
That's certainly an interesting idea. I'll have to think about how to pull it off, but I like it a lot. I could see a bit of a Toy Story type theme to go along with it.

>>2362335
Surprisingly enough, I don't follow that many series, mostly just read random stuff on Dynasty. I've written some fiction for Azumanga Daioh a while back, and took a stab at Lucky Star, too, but I haven't branched out much from there. Yuru Yuri is a series I've always enjoyed as well.
>>
>>2362348
>it's not exactly my thing
Fair enough. It was going to be about be Rhea and Hera more than sibling incest. Anyway I hope you improve nicely.
>>
>>2362300
AD fic where Yomi tries to teach Tomo about sexual health, sexually.
>>
>>2360964
This is great! The characterisation is pretty much spot-on and it's true to the tone of the series as well, especially that entire sequence where Eve consults each of the other witches about her little problem. Felt as if I was reading the original comic in text form. Thanks for sharing this, I really enjoyed it.
>>
>>2360964
>Daily Witch
Vary naisu anon
>>
>>2362424
Thank you! I was hoping it would come across that way. I could see all the scenes in my head as if they were panels in the comic, but it was a bigger challenge than I expected to get it out in words.

>>2362430
Much appreciated, other anon
>>
>>2362412
You know what? I've never written any sort of smut before. Not sure if you're joking or not, but I think I might take a stab at that one.
>>
>>2363195
All I write is smut, probably because I have a limited attention span. I was thinking that Tomo fell asleep in health class and begs Yomi to teach her about the reproductive system, which leads to naughtiness.
>>
>>2363200
Hah, alright I'll take a shot at it. I'm not the fastest of writers, but I'll get something out pretty soon.
>>
File: 41674764_p0.jpg (462KB, 1000x713px) Image search: [Google]
41674764_p0.jpg
462KB, 1000x713px
>that fetish you have which you're constantly searching everywhere, even though you've already read all of it, and know that people don't make a lot of new content for all the time
>and which you shamelessly insert into the most tangentially related of your own fics
What's her name, /u/?
>>
>>2365050
Loving and actual adult mother/daughter incest. Unfortunately everything I'm writing doesn't allow it to fit into it.
>>
>>2365050
While it's not exactly the same thing, I'm drawn almost exclusively to pairings that have potential for bed-breaking hatesex. I can't write cute fluffy love for the life of me either.
>>
>>2365050
I mean I barely write at all, but other than that. Definitely rimming.
>>
>>2365175
Could you link a few favorites of yours?
>>
>>2365050
I'm not really writing, but looking for exhibitionism content is always a fun time. If only due to a lack of people tagging for it.
>>
>>2365180
I don't really have many because it's so rare, I generally can't afford to look for actual quality if I want any results. And also I'm bad about saving smut I like.
http://archiveofourown.org/works/3589563 - I'm not a ME fan nor a general fan of the author's writings (especially since they basically just churn out mostly het commissions) but I quite enjoy the rimming scene here especially for the d/s elements.
https://www.literotica.com/s/redemptions-kiss?page=5 - Honestly I don't even really like the writing really, but it's rare for a rimming scene in a fic to be more than one paragraph unless it's tertiary to something else, so still worthwhile for me.
http://archiveofourown.org/works/10719942 Similar to the first one, not much interest in P5 and the rimming isn't that large a part of it but I enjoyed it for the domination elements.
http://archiveofourown.org/works/5107670 - Fine if short. Not a big fan of the exaggerated dirty talk but hey.

All of them are pure smut unfortunately, no cozy fluff fics with this included in my bookmarks at least. And if I'd found a half-decent one I'm pretty sure I'd have grabbed it and cherished it, so.
>>
>>2365050
dickfree omegaverse. controversial, I understand.
>>
>>2365050
Hypnosis/mind control
>>
>>2365196
This exists? Man, I'd be all for it.
>>
>>2365196
I've heard of it, but I've never seen it.
>>
File: MM_6_23.jpg (394KB, 1280x1811px) Image search: [Google]
MM_6_23.jpg
394KB, 1280x1811px
>>2365050
F/F size-change yuri. Whenever there's two girls and a shrinking situation, there's almost always a guy that shrinks and it just ruins it for me. I just want to enjoy cunnilingus being delivered by a giant beauty's tongue.
>>
>>2365215
>>2365220
The origin of f/f omegaverse was actually dickless, some SPN fic iirc. Then there were a few variations on it after that, then futa got added by some anime fandom writers and it pretty much stuck. Very occasionally you still come across it (I read a pretty hot kpop one a while back) but terribly written futa/''girlpeen'' seems to be the order of the day now. I have a couple of half written stories myself hanging around my hard drive, but I never got around to finishing anything.

I quite like fisting as well as "have to have sex because reasons" fic, so when it's done well it's a nice combination of the two.
>>
>>2365196
Still garbage. Sorry anon.
>>
>>2365269
Hey, I'm sure you like something I think is trash.
>>
>>2365059
>>2365175
>>2365182
All these three. Also oneeloli.
>>
>>2365275
But I hate everything.
>>
Sooo... it's been a long time since I've been here. I'm looking for good rec for a shiznat or KnM fanfic (yeah I know, not very recent couples but well, I liked them a lot).
I only want to pass time while deseperately waiting for a new chapter in Inter Nos.
>>
>>2365050
>Sweat
Not into stink/smell, but sheens of sweat and being lightly slick, due to heat or excess. I don't know how or why it became a fetish, but it did, and I try to slip it into my magical realm when I'm writing.
>>
>>2365547
How do you feel about a girl drinking another girl's sweat?
>>
>>2365050
Agegap time!selfcest. Basically I have a story outlined where a woman remembers a kind onee-san she met for a couple of minutes while she was little and she built a time machine to find her. When she arrives at the target time she starts looking but can't find the onee-san. Then a little girl runs into her.

I can't solve the logic gaps, where and how to put the sex and then solve the logic gaps it creates and the fact that I CAN'T WRITE FOR SHIT
>>
>>2365210
It's started taking over anonkun, but there are variants that don't get the attention.
>>
>>2365626
Like holy shit. There must be at least 20 of those. They're yuri for the most part but they skimp horribly on the smut.

There's this one Worm quest that's about MC and it does a great job making you care about the characters and being lewd at the same time.
>>
>>2365606
I'd be absolutely okay with that, though I try not to make my stories too lewd in general, so I have no idea how I'd ever fit that in in a non-/d// way.I'm also into watersports, though I wouldn't put that into a fic.
>>
File: dragon.jpg (746KB, 850x1098px) Image search: [Google]
dragon.jpg
746KB, 850x1098px
>>2365050

Power dynamics and nonconsentual relationships. I'm talking purchased slaves, or bullies/bullee relationships.

A lot of yuri is pretty fluffy, so you don't see much blackmail or hardcore slavery going on, and even then it's usually played lightly, as in "this is a pretense, they'd eagerly bump like rabbits".
>>
>>2365629

I'd be fine with more petrismut. Petri needs to write actual fics, honestly.
>>
>>2363200
Alright here it is. My first attempt at writing smut. Ever. Not sure how I feel about it, but I enjoyed getting out my box a bit. Thanks for the prompt!

https://pastebin.com/VN4wMDwd
>>
>>2365050
>two tomboys fall in love and constantly fight over who actually leads the relationship

EVERY SINGLE FUCKING PIECE OF MEDIA HAS ONE OF THEM GRADUALLY FALL INTO A FEMININE ROLE. Fucking stop, please. Please.
>>
>>2365696
But it's cuter that way.
>>
>>2365050
Extreme size-play, like fairies, or giants, but no vore. It's really easy to find size play, but really hard to find size play where someone's not eatting someone else.
>>
>>2365696
What does being a tomboy have to do with who "leads" in their relationships?
>>
>>2365686
I liked it, anon!
>>
>>2365050
i like /k/ related things, but i'm not sure it's really a fetish. except for my deep appreciation of well-maintained bolt actions. and knives. and watching guns fire in slo-mo...

... it might be a fetish.

>>2365180
>>2365189
if you're okay with some story + feelings around your rimming, this fic is nearly 30k words, but iirc only has rimming once. riven/irelia, lol: https://archiveofourown.org/works/8704951

thanks for posting some others.

>>2365215
only one i actually remember. maria hill/black widow: https://archiveofourown.org/works/2482112

>>2365642
i've seen writers shy away from writing shitty dynamics and characters, at least in certain fandoms, due to the potential for backlash. it fucking sucks.

>>2365719
tropes
>>
File: 45.jpg (466KB, 1280x1811px) Image search: [Google]
45.jpg
466KB, 1280x1811px
>>2365717
Yeah. I especially hate it when the vore happens at the very end. Like after a bunch of sexy size play, it's just gulp right at the end. Really leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

On a side note, rather than just trying to sneak my fetishes into a fanfic, I worry that I'm using my favorite franchises just as scaffolding for my fetishes. For example, if I were to write a Yuki Yuna fic where Karin shrinks as a result of using her mankai and gets used as a toy while Fuu and Itsuki have sex, it would fulfill my size change and incest fetishes but the core idea would probably be easier to write just with original characters.
>>
File: ClyfUYMUkAA5GJZ.jpg (98KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ClyfUYMUkAA5GJZ.jpg
98KB, 1024x1024px
>>2365050
Simple underwear play. Focus on the wrappers that make bodies look and feel even better than nature intended. That random peek when light filters through a shirt and you see the faintest traces of what lay beneath knowing it cradles soft wonderful things to think about, swapping panties or bras over a day knowing where they've been, stealing or borrowing without the other knowing only to find out later in person, kissing through clean ones to lips beyond when parting in the morning, grinding through to use the texture, using as gentle leads to grasp and direct a romp, stuffing and rubbing against, short skirts by extension showing off what kind is worn and how it hugs her every tiny curve when revealed, straps and bands working their ways out of clothes to the open air to give promising peaks at what lies elsewhere... it's all just unnnnff. I blame school uniforms.

Try to find proper work focusing on that though and the vast majority is just panties stolen to use as a man's fucking cum rag even in fucking F/F tag'd shit, diapers that the author doesn't want to advertise as diaper shit but get people reading anyway to draw them in with which is bullshit, the start of hard bondage which just does away with them all together far too soon I'm not a fan of anyway, or accompanied by any kind of toilet play which I'm really not a fan of in any way. So I gave up looking a while ago.

It's in almost every single damn thing I write, both posted and unposted to varying degrees. I know I use it too much, but it just gets in there when I'm not thinking and then fuck I'm describing whats in a girl's pants and I'm reluctant to take it out because it's mixed into important shit. I don't tag for it because I have not put out smut. No one's said anything negative so I'm just doing what I do, but nothing good either. I don't know if it's annoying people and they just put up with it along with shit writing because the premises are otherwise interesting...
>>
File: Sweating Retoree.png (139KB, 353x415px) Image search: [Google]
Sweating Retoree.png
139KB, 353x415px
>>2366154
Who told you to stop?

I agree though. A girl properly wearing the proper garment in the proper conditions can be far sexier than a naked girl.
>>
What do you guys do when it's time to write the love confession?
>>
>>2366165
I don't write "confessions," that's a silly trope. I much prefer to spend my time writing the characters into getting together than focusing on some singular moment like that.
>>
>>2366169
You can't do both, senpai?
>>
>>2366164
I could go on for hours.

No one has, but no one ever says anything about it at all. The silence is a little noticeable when I put out an update that heavily features some stuff on purpose to get a little heated and those chapters are the only ones that always get 0 comments.
>>
>>2366170
If you're doing both than the importance of the moment of confession is obviously lessened (which is exactly what I want). So it wouldn't be such a big deal as I would assume based on your question about how one does it.
>>
File: 1181419144993.jpg (58KB, 600x388px) Image search: [Google]
1181419144993.jpg
58KB, 600x388px
>>2365686
Very nice. I've always loved their dynamic, and I like how you've managed to reproduce it while making it nice and sexy.
>>
>>2366059

I give no fucks honestly. Angry reactions are part of what sustains me. Tell me the fandoms and I might do it anyway.
>>
Not to look a gift horse in the mouth but
>tfw you're not proud of a work/don't like it much, but it's popular
>tfw the work you like a lot/you're proud of is nowhere near as popular

It's a bit bittersweet
>>
>>2366234
I've got at least a few ideas kicking around my head after my last xcom 2 campaign and listening to all the shit for the upcoming dlc if you don't mind writing aliens.
>>
File: the_real_her_ch02_01.png (851KB, 1385x2000px) Image search: [Google]
the_real_her_ch02_01.png
851KB, 1385x2000px
>>2365050
This:
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/the_real_her

Reluctant but natural dom, pursued by enthusiastic sub. I don't think I've ever seen another instance.
>>
>>2366248

yeah. Checking it out. Vipers or the big bad?
>>
>>2366277
Vipers would work well since they're largely female aren't they? Hell, there's even a picture or two of a Viper tenderly kissing a female agent.
>>
>>2366277
Both work out, either as masters or victims. The new bond system that is coming with the new assassin bitch could also be a good source of inspiration. Though what exactly that is supposed to be is something I'm not sure we've been told of.
>>2366281
The only male viper on the planet is the viper king that xcom kills as part of the alien hunter dlc.
>>
>>2366165
I try to make it as natural/awkward as possible. The more the reader can relate to it, the better.
>>
>>2366283
Aren't assassins male ayys?
>>
>>2366291
There is only one Assassin, and she is one of the Chosen. Her brothers are the Hunter and the Warlock.
>>
>>2365857
Thanks! Glad you liked it.

>>2366179
They are easily one of my favorite pairings. The crazy dynamic between them makes them very fun to write.
>>
>>2365050
A well thought out, interesting story with developing characters.
>>
>>2366234
>Angry reactions are part of what sustains me.

same, honestly. which is good because it's easier to get people to respond when they're pissed rather than giving a writer a genuine compliment.

overwatch is the worst one i've personally witnessed. anything with a decent tumblr following is a good target.

i can only assume steven universe is a hellhole.
>>
>>2366154
>>2366171
You can't just wind us up like that and not link to your writing.
>>
>>2366397
Fair warning I mentioned bad writing, it's gotten better thanks to those few who have given advice but still meh at best overall. Bad quality checking that makes me think I'm slightly dyslexic when I finally notice a typo a year after the fact, and while moments pop up the closest thing to sex is some poorly written oral once-ish. Lead up happens more than once. And well everything posted is KLK incest. Sentient combat thongs and fashionable lead girls that know you wear matching sets when going out to rock the town was too good and I ended up posting. They are just perfect and it's an unhealthy amount of otp, but I can't stop.

http://archiveofourown.org/users/Vagabond_Anon

While I'm at it any feedback, most importantly ways to fix things, is appreciated if anyone can stomach it.
>>
>>2366505
Nice. I don't know anything about KLK but I'll at least take a look. Might even leave some feedback.
>>
>>2366359

I've always wanted to try and rile up those Ava's Demon cyberstalker psychos, but they might actually do something IRL unlike most other lolcows.
>>
>>2365050
Lesbians converting straight girls.
>>
>>2366505
>>2366519
I'd say your biggest issue is sentence flow and punctuation in particular. There simply aren't enough commas to break up the sentences into nice and easily digestable parts. The issue is partly stylistic and partly grammatic. Start by reading up on punctuation and then analyze fiction you like with an eye for how the author handles it.
>>
>>2366590
>Run ons still always bad.
>Fragments still always bad.
>Organize flow of information better.

Actually thought I was using way too many oxford commas. Or is it just all poorly assembled as a whole? Been struggling to figure out how to do anything other than pure dialog for years now and I'm guessing it's still far from readable. Holy shit it's been years already.

Thank you kind onee-san, sorry for the eye strain.
>>
>>2366636
It's... erratic. I'll start with an example where the flow of information is more or less the wrong way around.

>Teeth gritted in an effort to stop her stomach from rumbling as sensitive ears picked out a roar in the distance which signaled the beast she was hunting had successfully caught either a deer or villager to eat.

This is a good example. The sentence is too long and the flow of information is reversed. I'd turn it around and chop it up to bits like this:

>As her ears picked out a roar in the distance, she grit her teth to stop her stomach from rumbling. The beast she was hunting had caught its prey.

Most of the time you want to have the cause first and the effect next. The first point mentioned in this article explains this pretty well:
http://www.writersdigest.com/writing-articles/by-writing-goal/write-first-chapter-get-started/3-secrets-to-great-storytelling

Looking at the newest chapter you've written I can actually see quite a bit of progress, but there are still parts where I would break things up into smaller pieces.

>Forced to give up on pants because of uniform restrictions she went straight to the shortest miniskirts allowed to cover her own firm ass out of defiance against the absurd rule and for the freedom of movement to defend herself. At the opposite end of the spectrum and her torso though the notion of comfortable clothing crumbled completely when both cup size and individual article price rocketed up the double digits as time went on.

75 words in just two sentences without a single comma. I would break it up into as many as five or six sentences.
>>
>>2365050
I'm not even being meme-y or facetious, but for me it's handholding. I love it so much, and I try to include it all the time with a lot of description and importance. Considering that I pretty much never write lewd stories anyway, it's intimate.
>>
>>2366505
I read "Sometimes you need a journey to anywhere". I agree wholeheartedly with >>2366590-san, it reads like high-pressure word vomit at times. I am familiar with the franchise, but it was hard for me to tell which character was which at times. It's fine to refer to a character by her name or by a descriptor instead of repeating "she" and "her" ad nauseum. The only time that is acceptable is when the character's identity is supposed to be unknown to the reader, and then you should still use descriptors like "the long raven-haired beauty mounted the horse and rode off" or suchlike. Being that it's a fanfic with three named characters, I think you can get away with just using their names.

Also, when multiple characters are speaking, it's helpful to use the character's name or a descriptor to make it clear to the reader who is speaking. For example, when Ryuuko is fighting the two thugs at the end of chapter 2, it's hard to tell who is saying the line "Fucking shit!” Is it Ryuuko? One of the thugs? A parrot that happened to be passing by? It can be assumed from context clues that it's probably Ryuuko who is saying the line, but trying to figure it out breaks the reader out of being immersed in the story. And I'm no prude, but the level of profanity is a bit ridiculous. It just sounds silly, and again, it breaks my immersion in the story. And when you don't use commas in dialogue, it makes it sound as if the character is blurting out the line in one breath.

I think you have some interesting ideas, but the trouble you're having with execution is making it hard for the reader to immerse herself in the story you're trying to tell. Picture an artist trying to paint on a dirty canvas; no matter how good the idea is, the underlying structure just isn't there to help it blossom. I've always felt that an author is at her best when she lets the story flow naturally, and the reader can't feel her hand in the background moving the plot along very often.
>>
>>2366655
>Uniform restrictions eventually forced her out of pants and into heavy pleated skirts to cover her own firm ass. Ever defiant of anyone that would dare dictate her life, and faced with a practical need of freeing her legs from the hindrance to combat ability, she hacked the first one up with safety scissors into a miniskirt. The transition was rough, but through rain, wind, snow, and shine she only ever wore them hemmed comfortably thigh high ever since. At the opposite end of the spectrum, and her growing torso, though the notion of comfortable clothing crumbled completely over the same years due to available income. A swelling cup size came with a swelling cup price to match as both rocketed up the double digits, and no matter how unfair it seemed her proper size left her budget far behind.

Better?
>>
>>2366636
>Fragments still always bad.

i wholeheartedly disagree. fragments are great for managing flow, but they have to be used with a purpose.

that said, pretty much every rule of grammar can be broken if you know what you're trying to accomplish. sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, but you won't know until you try. the suggestion for critically examining prose you enjoy and learning from it is a fantastic one.

>>2366721
>It's fine to refer to a character by her name or by a descriptor

i agree with this but be very fucking careful with pseudo-epithets. "the bluenette" is a commonly referenced example of what not to do. there's a tumblr post that runs over the technical reasons of why this can be annoying to read, but i think it's also become a fanfiction trope so people got tired of it.

http://cinisofages.tumblr.com/post/159017057538/the-real-reason-you-hate-pinkette-is-that-its

personally, if using a name is clunky, i'd work on rearranging the sentence and the ones around it before i went to a descriptor.

i haven't gotten a chance to read your work anon, but if you still want more feedback i think my life will be slightly less tits up midway through the week.
>>
>>2366721
Have seen people argue for and against using descriptive names so I've been trying to work that out, and when mains share pronouns it's tough, but I will just note that Journey started as a one-shot exercise in writing a work with 0 name use specifically. The first chapter is third person but Satsuki's view is the lens and she didn't know Ryuko's name nor would use her own. Thus leaving character introduction to the end. I've used this angle of third person mixed with italicized specific injections by the "pov" character to scenes a lot, so if that's bad I'm in deep...

The swearing comes from the above and Ryuko's rough mouth. She's got a proper delinquent drawl with the vocabulary to match that starts 5 mins into episode one screaming about bastards, and really never stops. Throw her into a fight with some less than savory individuals bringing their own charged feelings and limited colorful vocabularies and well, shit happens? Overall her and Nonon have ended up being regularly foul mouthed to differentiate their dialog pattern from other like at opposite end in Satsuki who only dips into it when she's beyond angry, at her limits, or in reference. It would be hard to untie things, but if it's really that bad I can try. Somehow.

Thank you for the time and effort to trudge through it.
>>
>>2366886
I openly invite criticism on everything posted. As stated I try to re-read and proofread, but it takes a long while for my brain to dump what I think is there and let me read what's actually there if that makes sense. And I failed my way through most every grimmer class in my life yet here we are.

It's encouraging, but also getting really hard to come up with answers to the reviews that sum up to "great more pls." Constructive is better.

Also getting a paranoid feeling a lot of the praise/kudos is one person that's just really obsessed and I have no idea what the hundreds of people who come back to read each update actually think if that's true...
>>
>>2366889
Maybe your readers don't think it's perfect, but they like it enough to come back. I don't like to strive for perfection while writing, i think I'd just end up disappointed. my goal is to do something better each time. Little steps.

As for grammar, I had to Google what a "subjective clause" was last time it came up. I did well in English but I'm fucking retarded when it comes to the finer points of grammar and looking at it technically. I just read a lot and developed a feel for what felt right and what didn't. since I decided I wanted to start working on my writing and learning more constructively I hilight bits I really like for reference.

Consider reading outside of your usual genres. some passages I read in a book about shooting technique conveyed more love and pride than a lot of romance novels.

Grammar is important but if it doesn't click for you from reading textbook definitions about it that's okay. it's less about the rules and more about learning what to manipulate to get the effect you want imo. especially in the realm of fanfiction.
>>
>>2366885

A lot better. I might still make changes to the wording and add a few commas, but that comes down to personal preference. The sentence flow is now very comfortable to read.

>A swelling cup size came with a swelling cup price to match, as both rocketed up the double digits. No matter how unfair it seemed to her, proper size left her budget far behind.
>>
Since some of you are reviewing/critiquing, would anyone be willing to provide some insight on a fic I posted above? >>2365686 It's my first attempt at smut, and I had a surprisingly good time writing it. I'd like to write more in the future, so any recommendations for improvement would be welcome.
>>
>>2366505
Unrelated, but it was your KLK stories that helped get me back into writing and reading fanfiction after a 2ish year hiatus
>>
>>2367249
H-here I go.

One thing that I'd consider is cutting down on your dialogue tags. You have some, er, unusual choices (admonished? she's the POV character, did she really think listen-here-I'm-going-to-admonish you) -- in fact there is not one unmodified said in the entire piece -- and quite a few redundant ones.

>"Say what, now?" Tomo asked, almost as if she hadn't heard what had been said.
...that's exactly what she said.

And you don't need to tag every line, especially when it's obvious who the speaker is (like when the dialogue contains the other person's name). Actually you dropped that towards the end, so you probably realized it yourself.

As for the sex, I'm not really qualified here since I know mine is hot garbage, but one thing I try (but struggle to do) is to take the she-did-this-she-did-that play-by-play (like you've got here) and go back and add all the ~feelings~ once you've worked out what's physically happening. What is Yomi thinking? How many of the senses can you add? Is she desperately trying not to retch all over her girlfriend? We don't know unless you tell us.
>>
File: For thread.jpg (1MB, 1600x3200px) Image search: [Google]
For thread.jpg
1MB, 1600x3200px
>>2366903
I suppose if anything I have ideas. Way way too many ideas to ever get to... I am far from aiming at perfect, still trying to reach just adequate. Beyond that would be gravy someday. It's a lot of people to disappoint if i don't reach that much though. Fanfiction is stressful.

Might just do that. Considering one half of the couple is a potential weapon of planetary destruction that feels way too appropriate.

>>2366958
Success... more or less. Now to rewrite the dozens of pages in progress for everything. And then maybe even more.

Thank you very much anons.

>>2367439
Pic. I'm sorry I broke out my pencils, you will have to imagine the incoherent squeaking that took place. Prior works were my inspiration that the ship was actually feasible!
>>
>>2367527
Hey thanks for the review! That's a good suggestion on the epithets, something I've been trying to thin down in general, so I'll take a closer look at that.

As for your second suggestion, I definitely know I need to improve on that, so I'll try and fill it out with a bit more feeling/senses.

>Is she desperately trying not to retch all over her girlfriend? We don't know unless you tell us.
Fuckin' lol. That's something which I'd certainly hope would be implied, but I'm picking up what your putting down.

Again, thanks for the feed back. It's giving me a lot to think about.
>>
>>2367885
I love the picture! Also, not to disappoint, but I haven't actually written SatsuRyu yet - although I've been trying to work something out recently.

In any case, I enjoy reading your stories and I hope you continue.to write
>>
>>2368070
I've read a bunch both on and off the boat as it were. Either way the circle of fanfiction inspiring fanfiction completes, and it gives me the fuzzes. The plunge is rough, but the sinful fruit is sweet. Too sweet to leave bitten and cast aside. It must be grasped firmly as it squirms for attention, savored as the juice flows down smooth inviting skin, and devoured with glee until it hoarsely cries out for mercy...
>>
>>2327357
RPF has always been a bit distasteful in my eyes, especially when it's erotic, but if AO3's any indication, I'm in the minority on that.
https://archiveofourown.org/media
>>
File: 58659025_p9.png (398KB, 600x867px) Image search: [Google]
58659025_p9.png
398KB, 600x867px
I don't know if you guys have been having the problems some of the other porn boards have been having, but I thought I'd give you guys a heads-up just in case mods realize this thread's here and nuke you too.
>>>/d/7509079
>>
>>2369254
>/u/ is for discussions about the yuri genre of manga, anime, and other related media. Threads requesting images or series recommendations are discouraged (try >>>/r/ instead). When starting an image dump thread, please contribute at least 4-5 relevant images yourself.

I'd consider derivative works as "other related media" as they still pertain to the source or genre as a whole, and /u/ has discussion anyway, so we're probably fine here.
>>
>>2369254
We've always been one of , if not the, less porny porn boards. I doubt we'll have much issue as we've always been a very discussion heavy board and we've not ever really had the sort of problem threads that /d/'s mods feel that they've had too much of.
>>
>>2369303
I think our mod crackdown is on the generals.
>>
>>2369254
>not posting a yuri image
Well, you're certainly not helping.
>>
>>2369312
generals are probably literally 90% of the content of this board. We don't do nearly enough regular as porn threads to keep this board a board and the board culture is pretty much all about the generals from my experience.
>>
>>2369315
I literally just meant the general General thread
>>
>>2369254
/u/ is definitely less of a porn board than the majority of other porn boards, as it's been pointed out. Plus, as this anon pointed out >>2369261, fanfiction fits very comfortably in "other related media". So long as we keep on topic (yuri fanfiction) we should be fine.
>>
>>2369254
>95% futa
>let's fuck over the one coya thread people enjoy

And here I thought /u/ wannabe-janitors and complaining idiots are retarded.
>>
I think it's time to either let these threads die or give them a new name. Ever since these threads came back after their one year hiatus it's become less of a fanfiction discussion and rec thread and more of a "what do you like/dislike in writing?" and general writing advice thread. I mean the old op isn't even used anymore, and the discussions are usually in response to a basic question. The first half of this thread is just people answering said questions. And on the rare occasion that someone actually recs something, there is no follow up or discussion on the fic itself. Granted, this thread is nowhere near as bad as some of the earlier ones but I think my point still stands.
>>
>>2371797
Eh, the name still fits as the stuff is still about fanfiction and it does the fairly necessary service of catching anything that won't' fall into one of the normal generals.
>>
>>2371797
While I agree that people should link more fanfics, I don't think there's anything really wrong with the threads. The discussion can be a bit basic but as a fanfic writer it's helpful to hear people's opinions on matters. Maybe we should encourage people to post their own stuff for extra visibility and feedback.
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.