[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yuri Kuma Arashi

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

Just watched this, and it was just weird.
But I liked it, let's have a thread.
>>
Had to rely on episode reviews to really appreciate it. Great commentary on Japan's hypocrisy of the treatment of lesbians.
>>
File: Kiriya Aoi - 00110.jpg (70KB, 502x557px) Image search: [Google]
Kiriya Aoi - 00110.jpg
70KB, 502x557px
Nice show but it felt like a copout in the end.

>all lesbians are bears in disguise
>MC turned into a bear just to be lesbian

Literally worse than Yamibou's ending.
>>
>>2287901
But if you weren't a lesbian, wouldn't you want to turn into a bear so that you can become a lesbian?
>>
>>2287902
They're not humans. I wanted two humans lezzing out in the end. This sort of thing invalidates the gay like lesbian furry is shit.
>>
>>2287894
>Great commentary on Japan's hypocrisy of the treatment of lesbians.
Is that what it was about?
>>
File: 1420473314169.jpg (71KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1420473314169.jpg
71KB, 1280x720px
I watched it for the symbolism
>>
>>2287905
No
>>
>>2287905
Like all Ikuhara anime, it is about Japan's social structure and what happens when one goes against it.

Lesbians are a symbol of it because they are a taboo in Japan, and they are forced to go against their own feelings and knowledge of what is right for them to avoid the social consequences.

It should be something anyone can relate to, really.
>>
>>2287949
It's also a breakdown of how lesbians are often portrayed in anime and manga, which is either as virgin school girls (often one older and one younger) who will part ways upon graduation and will marry men... or as predators ("bears") who constantly have sex and corrupt "innocent" girls.

In the end, they are neither in the human world or the bear world.
>>
I think most interpretations of it are much more about the interpreter's opinions than the anime and Ikuhara. It can be a bit of Rorschach test.
>>
>>2287959
Not really. The stuff about oppressive social structures and the closet aren't in any way subtle.
>>
>>2287966
Forbidden love is part of the potential appeal of the yuri genre. YKA definitely plays up that aspect. But does it have a message about Japan and homophobia? Are the bears for the sake of allegory, or does that actually free it from being about homophobia?
>>
>>2287223
Now read the manga, which is better because there's less Ikuhara.
>>
>>2287975
>better because there's less Ikuhara
>>
File: snapshot-2015-01-13-11h06m27s76.jpg (152KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot-2015-01-13-11h06m27s76.jpg
152KB, 1280x720px
>>2287902
This.
>>
>>2287969
>>2287953
Rather then being about homophobia, I think the bears are an allegory for bizarre, uncontrollable urges and desires that society like to shove under the rug and think of as abnormal and perverted, in contrary to the sexuality of "normal" humans. In the end everyone share such urges in one form or another. To interpret it as a message of "lgbt acceptance" seems shallow, since he implies such urges already exist for everyone to some degree, not just for certain people.
>>
>>2287223
One word: masterpiece. I'm serious by the way.
>>
I still preferred Kureha/Sumika and Ginko/Lulu even at the end, Kureha/Ginko just didn't have enough scenes together where they were both awake to sell it properly. It really needed 2 cours to live up to it's potential.
>>
>>2287998
Most people are shallow, anon, and have a lot more in common with the girls seeking the "evil who must be eliminated" than they do with the MC and the bears.

It's like they see gay characters and think that the anime is JUST about gay people, and therefore, they can't relate to it.

I would say it's not just about sexuality. There are many people who have ideas and ways of thinking which are ultimately harmless, but go against the norm, and most of them choose to not be true to themselves and follow the crowd over sticking to what they really believe in.
>>
File: 49584983_p0.png (1MB, 1522x2000px) Image search: [Google]
49584983_p0.png
1MB, 1522x2000px
Thread needs more best pair
>>
>>2288056
You know, i would agree with you if the show wasn't extremely pretentious with the way it approached lesbianism. Way too much symbolism for a show about gay bears.
>>
File: 49789457_p0.jpg (157KB, 853x703px) Image search: [Google]
49789457_p0.jpg
157KB, 853x703px
>>2288388
Completely agreed, anon. I've seen people talk about Ginko/Lulu but I rarely if ever see anything about Kureha/Sumika as a ship, but I honestly wanted more of the latter two in particular.
>>
>>2288388
>It really needed 2 cours to live up to it's potential
2 cours may have been great, but it also might have been unnecessary. If anything, I think the show just needed an extra episode between the time Ginko woke up and when Kureha suspected her of killing her mother.
>>
>>2288669
Shows aren't pretentious. It's a word to describe people.
>>
>>2288782
And it wasn't just about lesbians.

See:
>>2287998
and
>>2288567
>>
If I wanted to watch this only for the yuri

How satisfied would I be
>>
Outside of Lulu the cast felt more like props or symbols for social commentary than actual characters. Sure Ikuhara loves his symbolism, but both Utena and Penguindrum got me to enjoy the cast by the end, even the less than stellar individuals. Here I felt nothing towards most of them.

>>2288885
Not much. The main couple don't have enough chemistry to enjoy them as a pair and the rest of the cast are pretty much either background lesbians or have one sided feelings.

The ending is very sweet though. I'd say that alone saved it for me.
>>
>>2288885
It depends on what you want from the yuri genre. Just watch it and see yourself.
>>
brr even soundtrack in this anime is great af
>>
File: Yuri Kuma Arashi Strip.gif (4MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Yuri Kuma Arashi Strip.gif
4MB, 480x360px
>>2287953
>>or as predators ("bears") who constantly have sex and corrupt "innocent" girls.

Pretty much.
>>
>>2289569

That was really hot, except she was going to kill her instead of having super hot sex
>>
>>2287908
My mom saw me watching this picture. What to do?
>>
File: 00009-0009.png (316KB, 1304x1011px) Image search: [Google]
00009-0009.png
316KB, 1304x1011px
>>2291465
buy here a bouquet of lilies
>>2289569
Kureha has the cutest underwear
>>
>>2294792
She has a cute ass too.
>>
>>2294792
It did have a mango, too?
>>
>>2294824
That looks like a doujin, but yes, there is a Yuri Kuma Arashi manga.

http://dynasty-scans.com/series/yuri_kuma_arashi
>>
>>2294828
Well, ok.
Surprised there was a manga indeed.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.