[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Little Witch Academia

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 369
Thread images: 88

File: 1488122751595.jpg (58KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1488122751595.jpg
58KB, 1280x720px
Previous: >>2274180
AkkoxSucy OTP master race.
>>
What happened to the original DiaAkko OTP? ;_;
>>
>page 7
Try again in a day or two when it's page nine
>>
>>2282462
There's actual material to substantiate shipping this pair, unlike the whole 'she is a tsundere therefore they want to fuck' fanfic.
>>
>>2282476
>'she is a tsundere therefore they want to fuck'
That's the very reason why I want the ship sailing again. Sucy's a nice gal (a Flip?), but I'm leaning more on DiaAkko.
>>
>>
File: 61567770_p0.jpg (2MB, 2921x4032px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
61567770_p0.jpg
2MB, 2921x4032px
>>
File: 1487359790156.jpg (235KB, 690x920px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1487359790156.jpg
235KB, 690x920px
Dianna a cute
>>
>>2282479
>Sucy's a nice gal
Lies. Sucy is a monster and we love her for it.
>>
>>2282460
>>2282476
>Shipping the MC with the memegirl again.
Don't you have a Mako thread somewhere to attend to, OP?
>>
>>
File: 61735822_p0.jpg (282KB, 848x799px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
61735822_p0.jpg
282KB, 848x799px
>>2284295
Sucy is not a meme!
>>
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/12397972/1/If-Only-for-a-Night
>>
File: 1485370134527.jpg (550KB, 1991x2386px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1485370134527.jpg
550KB, 1991x2386px
>>
File: 61663459_p0.png (745KB, 850x1200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
61663459_p0.png
745KB, 850x1200px
>>2284404
She's the most popular character by far, thus a meme.
>>
I am torn by now what should I ship halp
>>
>>2284617
Join me with the one true ship: AkkoxUrsula
>>
File: 61638484_p2.jpg (64KB, 851x905px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
61638484_p2.jpg
64KB, 851x905px
>>2284627
Cosigned.
>>
>>2284617
I was a AkkoxDiana believer, but my mind is on AkkoxSucy now. There hasn't been much development for Diana in these latest episodes, sadly.
>>
File: 61672996_p0.png (521KB, 1050x630px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
61672996_p0.png
521KB, 1050x630px
Do you think that Sucy eats balut?
>>
Man, the next episode is gonna give us some great ass material. Yeah Andrew and his fuckboys show up, but so far LWA doesn't seem to commit to any "hard" romance yet so I'm not too bothered.
>>
File: 1489186305383.jpg (103KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1489186305383.jpg
103KB, 1280x720px
>matching styles of earings
>swapped hairstyles
L I T E R A L L Y M A R R I E D A N D G A Y
And even if we don't get any actual gays in the series, at least have H&B go "boys are dumb, who needs them when we have each other!".
>>
File: 1489183525536.jpg (589KB, 1280x1071px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1489183525536.jpg
589KB, 1280x1071px
I feel so #blessed by witnessing such a beauty.
>>
>>2284692
Sucy is the kind of girl that would force feed balut to Akko during a kiss and perform a forbidden ritual to have her get pregnant with a feathered child.
>>
File: Akko3.jpg (215KB, 509x700px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Akko3.jpg
215KB, 509x700px
>>2284627
>>
>>2285460
>that disgusting tumblr art
>delusional as fuck watching a literal het show

LWA fags are even worse then hibikeks. Atleast hibikek had some decent baiting.
>>
>>2285462
>And even if we don't get any actual gays in the series, at least have H&B go "boys are dumb, who needs them when we have each other!".
Yeah about that, that was especially so 'visible' in the moment Andrew showed up in episode 6 how they disliked boys...
Not.

For me this episode might be the worst to date as LWA goes depending of what we see happening on the ball, I really hope Diana will get some development and would open at someone who will not be a boy Andrew or his buddy and will be Akko or some other girl but then Akko episode was about Andrew seeing her serious side and no one else so I'm not much optimistic.
>>
This will be the make or break episode, basically. I guess we should be thankful it's here that we can get to the lifeboats and not so late that we have to go down with the ship.
>>
>>2285583
dude it's a pretty standard western writing trope. "girls fall for guys, realize they ain't shit, decide to stick together with each other because their friendship is so important". and considering lwa is pretty western in a lot of aspects, i'm expecting it to show up here as well. at least, i hope so.
>>
When will Sucy finally break and fuck Akko?
>>
>>2285665
Sheesh, is the entire animation team filled with yurifags?
What with the Akko/Diana pics from that other one.
>>
File: 61724053_p6.jpg (595KB, 2048x1414px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
61724053_p6.jpg
595KB, 2048x1414px
>>2285724
>filename
The best feel.
>>
>>2285665
oh wow
>>
File: kindex1.jpg (3MB, 1000x8406px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
kindex1.jpg
3MB, 1000x8406px
>>
File: kindex.jpg (2MB, 1000x7005px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
kindex.jpg
2MB, 1000x7005px
>>2285772
Anyone willing to do TLs? These look nice and gay.
>>
I haven't watch Little Witch Academia yet, but I plan to. How's the yuri content
>>
>>2285809
Nonexistant except for one episode. After this upcoming episode the series will irreversibly lean towards het.
>>
File: 1484988399909.png (667KB, 972x1035px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1484988399909.png
667KB, 972x1035px
>>2282460
HELL YEAH
>>
>>2285835
In before Mugino tells you you're wrong as though he actually knows how an original anime ends
>>
>>2285886
>as though he actually knows how an original anime ends
That's pretty much what the pessimistic side does all the time.
>>
>>2285895
Assuming the worst leads to being right more often than not, and to pleasant surprises when not.
The opposite, of course, yields the opposite result.
>>
File: akko is a good dog.jpg (158KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
akko is a good dog.jpg
158KB, 1024x1024px
>>2285809
It's a goggles show, but you don't always have to keep them on too tight.

>>2285886
Can't be too hard. >>2285835 apparently knows how every forthcoming episode is going to go.
>>
>>
>>2285896
It also makes you a very sad person.
>>
>>2285904
Or a realistic one. Plenty of overlap.
>>
File: akko x sucy 12.jpg (484KB, 1029x1200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
akko x sucy 12.jpg
484KB, 1029x1200px
>>2285738
>>2285729
oh, this pics are drawning for the animator
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=61724053
>>
>>2285897
I really need an image of Akko and Sucy being all lovey dovey while Lotte acts as the disgruntld thrid wheel.
>>
>>2285931
>Sucy being all lovey dovey
This is extremely OOC, I can't even fathom it.
>>
>>2285956
Lotte being a disgruntled third wheel is just as OOC, which is why it's funny.
>>
>>2285931
I kind of like the idea of Sucy being the kuudere, yet the passive dom in the relationship, while Akko is the sub whose really hyper and genki but ends up submitting because Sucy gets the upper hand.

Though eventually, they'll start to switch around when Akko figures out her weak spots.
>>
>>2285956
I can imagine Sucy being secretly pretty deredere... It just usually gets killed off before it has a chance to show up. But if it has a way of sneaking out in less obvious ways then maybe it might just survive. I ship Sulotte though, the two nerds would be a lot better with that kind of quiet relationship than Sucy/Akko where Anything Sucy would actually do would be drowned out by Akko's screen filling genki
>>
>>2285988
>Anything Sucy would actually do would be drowned out by Akko's screen filling genki

I believe that's a matter of execution in a story. It's easy to imagine how Sucy, being unable to truly accept her own feelings of love, would delve into odd behaviors involving Akko as a way to process her own emotions.

I imagine her doing things staying up late experimenting on her mushrooms, only to suddenly stop and spend the rest of the night watching Akko sleep. Or being strangely possesive in her own way, like having Akko always be under the effect of this or that weird concoction for weeks on end, always trying something new. By putting emphasis on this, Sucy's actions can take the spotlight, leaving Akko's usual genki demeanor only in implication.
>>
>>2286197
>Or being strangely possesive in her own way
I completely agree here. Sucy might have her own version of "bullying you cause I like you" but I can see how anyone else messing with HER lab rat is going to pay dearly. She's got plenty of emotions, she's just not comfortable with expressing many of them.
>>
>>2285904
It's hard to be optimistic when past experiences have shown how extremely likely the scale will tip against us. I just don't want to be disappointed again.

Also the not just for the /u/, LWA has been quite a disappointment. It is just... mediocre. Like there is nothing which really makes it distinguished from your average CGDCT like Urara or service show like Maid Dragon. May as well call it Little to none development Academia now.

I was super hyped for the show before it started but now I'm on the verge of dropping. The next ep will be the make or break, I guess.
>>
>>2286246
Huh. I guess we are watching two different shows here.

As much as the dragon show is nice, I like Little Witch Academia for what it is. Plus that Sucy episode was enough to make me happy.
>>
>>2286246
Okay, here's the long and the short of it: the "we've been burned before" excuse is complete bullshit. I mean, even if a show turns out not to be yuri, so what? /u/ regularly discusses yuri between people who are outright stated to be straight.

See, for any given show, your options are "discuss X show and then be happy that the yuri pans out/disappointed that it doesn't" and "discuss X show while a bunch of idiots try to convince you that the next episode is going to be 30 minutes of hairy dicks slapping each other, and then be happy that the yuri pans out/disappointed that it doesn't". And for some reason, this here yuri board has a user population that will choose the option with more dicks every single time, and cry out the same stale excuse whenever they're called out on it.

I can't be the only one who's fed up with this, especially since the "nah the trailers are all just bait, the MC will be replaced with a 10-foot tall anthropomorphic penis in the full game" crowd latched on things as blatantly yuri as NoA and VD.
>>
>>2286328
>It's bullshit
It's not but you and the others don't quite understand where it's coming from. Not surprising since it can't be taught, only learned and observed. However yes those anons that wilt at the first sign of an obstacle don't know how this board venerated perseverance if only to pass on what had yuri in it or not. Christ having yuri at the for front instead of being "relatively" hidden might've dimmed a generation. It's like they forgot they can keep their interests separate and be surprised when they overlap. Now they demand it overlaps and to their specific designs.
>>
>>2286246
yeah.
lwa only works due to the spectacle.
take that away, and there's barely anything left to enjoy.
>>
File: 1489332420993.jpg (297KB, 1436x804px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1489332420993.jpg
297KB, 1436x804px
So as new episode goes:
Akko confirmed to also like Andrew, but we got a Diana -> Akko yuri moment and also Diana falling for herself, so as best we can say Diana is a yuri related material who wasn't interested in Andrew or any other boy in her weak moment.
At least that is a plus, but Akko x Andrew development is now going strongly, so we can take Akko from yuri expactations in this show since it's now obvious where Trigger goes with this for her, milder version of Luluco.
Lets hope Diana will find a pretty girl to match her at some point.
>>
>>2286328
>I mean, even if a show turns out not to be yuri, so what?
I've had it up to here with this standardless, c'est la vie bullshit when it comes to canon.
Feel free to prop up any pairing you want, but back in my day it was every youngsters dream to see the couple they were rooting for succeed in getting together and not just flounder in the realms of will-they-won't they (that is if they are even there to begin with).

If a show that is expected for whatever reason to feature yuri fails to deliver, or delivers something completely different, it is completely normal for people to commiserate.

It's also completely rational to approach an alleged yuri-featuring show with a degree of cynicism. Not in the straw man way you're suggesting where we see dicks everywhere,but just like you approach anything else in life
>>
>>2286246
>May as well call it Little to none development Academia now.

Trigger loves their Western influences, and apparently that includes static characters (even as Western animation itself becomes increasingly serial).
>>
>>2286433
>I've had it up to here with this standardless, c'est la vie bullshit when it comes to canon.
But why? Seriously. It's just anime. It's nothing so serious as to warrant such talk about standards, specially because we're not talking about its aesthetic value, we're just talking a about fictional love, something incredibly unimportant in the grand scope of things.

If you want to be pessimistic over ultimately irrelevant things like these, you're welcome to do so, but don't try to justify your own trust insecurities with things like poorly explained "experience in the issue" with several "you'll understand when you're older" implications.
>>
>>2286444
Mugino is usually wrong. If he let that bother him he would have killed himself long ago.
>>
>>2286420
Amanda x Diana seem hilarious. Also the whole American x Britt dynamic would be fun.
>>
>>2286445
Very few things make for as good a source of happiness as canon, or close-to canon yuri. It gets me through the day, most days. That's why I care.

Whatever are you doing here on 4chan's yuri board if you don't care enough about yuri to have standards? Surely, why even bother discussing yuri if that's the case? Most of what we do in our down times is incredibly unimportant in the grand scheme of things. That's a dumb argument.

The love is part of the aesthetic. An essential part. Yuri without love is like plain toast.
>>
>>2286459
All fiction is equally fictional. It's ridiculous to expect everyone to hold the canonical aspect of a relationship in a high point, since it restricts their own imagination.

What I'm saying is that posters like you keep arguing that we are supposed to not like the things we like because it sets a lower standard, yet the whole reason why that standard is supposedly low bases itself not on an argument, but on opinion. Some people think things like a canon relationship is valuable, others don't, and that is fine. What is not fine is people thinking liking one thing or the other is more virtuous, because it simply isn't.

You yourself say it. Canon is a source of happiness, which is why you care. Dick and fart jokes can be a source of happiness too; happiness doesn't have to base itself on rationality or "high stardards". It brings me happiness when artists can excercise their imaginations over what is put in front of them by their preferred work, and make something like a ridiculous pairing. I don't expect everyone to like the same thing. I don't see why you would.

When I say yuri is, in the grand scope of things, irrelevant, I mean that acting like an elitist when discussing it is innately ridiculous. It's strange to see people applying arguments that are usually used to justify moralistic behavior (the "high standards") to something that most people would just take a good look at and give a passing laugh. I mean, it's fine if you like it, but if you get so judgmental while talking about it, it gives the impression that it's the only thing you have in life, that a single shot at it would destroy an important fundament of it. And when that comes to light, it makes every overly pessimistic post regarding the issue seem like irrelevant whining.
>>
And it's gone het. You had been warned.
Not much point on having a het series on /u/, is it? Regardless of how much yuri fanart it may have, that is, as those images are better suited elsewhere.
>>
>>2286485
It doesn't even have that many fanart
>>
>>2286485
It's not full on het yet

RWBY went "full het" and its still here. Stop whining or fuck off back to tumblr to complain about "muh canon". You guys are worse then Mugino
>>
>>2286485
>WAAAAHHHHH, romantic and/sexual pictures of two girls together shouldn't be allowed on /u/
Fuck you, wannabe mod.
>>
>>2286319
It's not that I don't enjoy certain episode, but let's be pretty honest the good episode were too far and few between. Also the show has done a pretty poor job in making me feel invested in the characters and the story. The freshness and novelty of the OVA has also been lost in series format.

>>2286328
> /u/ regularly discusses yuri between people who are outright stated to be straight.
Not all of us. I personally is one who is not very into crack or non-canon pairing. But evidently the prospect that one of the characters in the ship being straight is not a deterrent to many people.

You're also very biased with your example, I'm pretty sure the cry for het for both NoA and VD were much less mild than shows which are actually het like Hibikek or Cross Ange.

And less than being concerned about dick, I'm disappointed because I know the yuri won't pan out. With that + the show being mediocre, there is just no more reason for me to invest my time.

I'm just not one who can judge a show based on what I hope it will be, and not how it actually is.
>>
>>2286495
Then why are you in this thread right now?
>>
>>2286492
>RWBY went "full het" and its still here
It did?

>"muh canon"
Canon makes the series, and in this case it makes the series het. Why have het series on /u/?
>it has fanart!
And there are a lot of threads to put that fanart on.

>>2286495
They should. Just saying that there is no need to have a thread dedicated to a het series. Again.
>>
>>2286497
Nobody asked for your opinion of what threads do and don't belong on /u/.
>>
>>2286497
>Canon makes the series, and in this case it makes the series het. Why have het series on /u/?
Because we got a carrot in form of Diana liking Akko or girls in general?
Enough for me to follow the show till that won't get debunked.
>>
>>2286497
The inclusion of Sun and Neptune introduced as love interests for Blake and Weiss basically threw any sign of canon yuri out the window. But its still here because the discussion about gay girls is strong within the community, and canon should always be taken with a grain of salt considering Japanese views on homosexuality.

You need to tighten your goggles sis, or leave, because clearly /u/ isnt the board for you.
>>
>>2286503
> Japanese views on homosexuality
That girls should grow out of it past the age of 18?
>>
File: 61701785_p2.jpg (761KB, 2048x1568px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
61701785_p2.jpg
761KB, 2048x1568px
Ignore idiots, post yuri.
>>
File: 61724053_p8.jpg (420KB, 2048x1656px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
61724053_p8.jpg
420KB, 2048x1656px
>>
File: 1488819133639.jpg (315KB, 584x757px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1488819133639.jpg
315KB, 584x757px
>>
File: 61724053_p7.jpg (564KB, 1816x2048px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
61724053_p7.jpg
564KB, 1816x2048px
>>
>>2286496
I watched the show till this ep and I can't have any opinion about it?

But I guess this is farewell. Still, I don't have any beef with people shipping crack so you guys can continue enjoying the show while it lasts.
>>
File: 61724053_p4.jpg (590KB, 2048x1848px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
61724053_p4.jpg
590KB, 2048x1848px
>>
>>
>>2286510
>muh opinion

No one cares. I'd say go back to /a/, but even they wouldn't give a shit.
>>
>>2286510
Nobody caring about your opinion should be a given, but that's not the point. The point is nobody is interested in hearing your lecture about why other people shouldn't enjoy the show or post yuri fanart in this thread.
>>
is LWA the hibikek of this season?
>>
File: 61724053_p3.jpg (501KB, 2002x2048px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
61724053_p3.jpg
501KB, 2002x2048px
>>
File: 61724053_p2.jpg (465KB, 1756x2048px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
61724053_p2.jpg
465KB, 1756x2048px
>>
File: 61747826_p4.jpg (74KB, 751x709px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
61747826_p4.jpg
74KB, 751x709px
>>
File: 1487192698798.jpg (190KB, 540x2160px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1487192698798.jpg
190KB, 540x2160px
>>
File: daz3tml.jpg (1MB, 1200x1697px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
daz3tml.jpg
1MB, 1200x1697px
>>
>>2286517
Pretty much.
>>
>>2286483

In one case the story actually contains the elements that this board is interested in. In the second case it explicitly does not and you have to make do with "hey, but at least you can PRETEND that it does, right?". You have to go pretty far down the "but, like, all values are subjective, man" rabbit hole to call those equally high standards for yuri content. That has nothing to do with "morals" or "virtue", just wanting stories that actually contain those elements rather than being content with table scraps. I completely agree with >>2286433: "oh well, nevermind, here are two background characters who held hands one episode" and "oh well, nevermind, at least there's a handful of fan artworks to look at while we pointedly don't discuss the now-dead relationship" can both fuck off. If you're not invested in what the story says happens, why bother watching it in the first place?

>I mean that acting like an elitist when discussing it is innately ridiculous
I don't think that 4chan is the place for you. Like, at all. Expecting people here to be uninvested in the things they like and not to care about their content is what is ridiculous.
>>
File: 1488247609146.jpg (59KB, 640x640px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1488247609146.jpg
59KB, 640x640px
>>
>>2286528
What is your point, you absolute dumbass? Are you trying to prove you have the superior mindset for consuming anime series with regards to yuri? Nobody cares. End of story. This thread will go on and you are free to go partake in only True Yuri somewhere else.
>>
>>
>>2286495
>let's be pretty honest the good episode were too far and few between.
I guess you have way higher standards than I do.

I mean, even just the first two episodes were already pretty good. I still remember the race episode. And the Andrew introduction episode. Even the week episodes like the Fish episode and the Dragon episode, while weak, had their moments that I could just enjoy it. And, while the Sucy episode is an episode I would dislike froma technical standpoint, the fact that it could win me over in a different way is still good on it.

Maybe I'm bias. Maybe I liked LWA's first two OVAs that this series is making me more than satisfied - and so far, it hasn't done anything that could potentially make me drop/question the show (I'm thinking of a Haruhi Endless Eight. Or the one time Haruhi tried to coerce a certain a scene, which was in the books. But Haruhi gave me enough material to forgive those instances

I guess its just a matter of different tastes
>>
>>2286528
You just made a garbled mess of my argument without even attempting to understand it.
>>
>>2286535
Great point, now I'm convinced.
>>
File: 61417617_p5.png (522KB, 706x605px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
61417617_p5.png
522KB, 706x605px
>>
File: 1486077192725.jpg (327KB, 2516x1516px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1486077192725.jpg
327KB, 2516x1516px
>>
File: 61417617_p4.png (1MB, 1244x1186px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
61417617_p4.png
1MB, 1244x1186px
>>
File: 61417617_p2.png (1MB, 1580x1560px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
61417617_p2.png
1MB, 1580x1560px
>>
File: 61417617_p1.png (667KB, 1020x640px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
61417617_p1.png
667KB, 1020x640px
>>
>>2286537
Well, if this thing is just going to be "it's not the thing because it's not" versus "it is because it is" we might as well drop it.
Even if we were to resolve this discussion satisfactorily, other people will keep bringing it up afterwards.
>>
File: 51394633_p1.jpg (652KB, 2480x3507px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
51394633_p1.jpg
652KB, 2480x3507px
>>
File: 51394633_p0.jpg (594KB, 2480x3507px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
51394633_p0.jpg
594KB, 2480x3507px
>>
File: 61303306_p0.png (1MB, 1526x1472px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
61303306_p0.png
1MB, 1526x1472px
>>2286544
>we might as well drop it
This is basically a tautology for any stupid argument on /u/.
>>
File: 53176227_p0.png (955KB, 1200x750px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
53176227_p0.png
955KB, 1200x750px
>>
File: 43294174_p0.jpg (614KB, 1000x703px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
43294174_p0.jpg
614KB, 1000x703px
>>
>>2286549
I've personally had some good stupid arguments in here to be honest.
>>
>I can't enjoy a children's show unless all the characters are rainbow-sparkled dykes
>>
>>2286554
I'm all for LWA yuri, but no, actually I can't enjoy anything unless all the characters are rainbow-sparkled dykes. If you can, you probably just haven't been here long enough -- give it time.
>>
>tfw didn't back Trigger and didn't pick up the TV series
Dodged a bullet.
>>
>>2286555
That's kind of sad. I admit that I don't come here often, but I don't drop something out of frustration if it turns out there's no yuri. I can still cheer for a straight pairing if it's well-written. I can also still enjoy fanservice harems if it's amusing. I hope I never become so jaded.
>>
>>2286559
Things having no yuri is fine as long as they don't have het either. Plenty of series here do that. This one doesn't.

>I hope I never become so jaded.
You will when you get taste
>>
>>2286563
Sounds like you dropped Romeo and Juliet once you realized that Juliet x The Nurse wasn't canon. Maybe someday you'll stop watching nothing but cartoons.
>>
>all this Diana x Akko

why do people ship this ship so much? Is it because of the whole tsundere angle? Or because of opposites/rivals attract

Then again I like Sucy x Akko because its unconventional
>>
File: 1486693950909.png (371KB, 868x1024px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1486693950909.png
371KB, 868x1024px
>>
>>2286556
You can still enjoy the fanart. An overwhelming majority of it is yuri.
>>
>>2286567
Do you have a point or you're just shitposting for shitposting sake?
>>
>>2286575
B-b-but muh canon!
Nah seriously just keep posting art, that's better than being constantly assblasted.
>>
>>
Any good fic of Diana and Akko?
>>
>>2286554
I thought LWA was aimed to manchildren rather than actual children.
>>
>>2286420
So many lies in one post.

>>2286485
And /a/ is here. The 2nd sentence shows it, should have used only the first sentence to pretend.
>>
>>2286568
Because Shiny Chariot, that's the thing that link both of them and the thing that will make them prevail as the two most important characters until the end.
>>
This show has gotten kinda boring, but I guess I will still try to watch a few episodes. It honestly should have been a 12-13 episode series.
>>
Diana was cute af this episode but the rest of it had me rolling my eyes. I'm on the brink of just dropping this series too, the writing just isn't there.

>>2286568
I'd say both tsundere and opposites attract are aspects of it. Basically, in terms of character development Akko and Diana have been set up as having a lot of potential (shared past interest in Chariot, cooperative compatibility) but equally large obstacles to realizing it. Shipping Akko x Diana is basically investing in that potential and gambling that Trigger will go somewhere with it.

Personally Sucy x Akko does nothing for me because there's nothing huge that either character really does for the other, nor any chance that their relationship could be central to the resolution of the show. It is cute but it is basically a distraction; whereas Akko and Diana's position as foils meant that thematically it was possible in my mind for LWA to become the Akko x Diana show.

Anyhow, I dunno what Trigger are thinking (production pressure from Netflix maybe? We already know they placed certain demands on the production schedule, maybe they had input on the content too) but this episode pushed the heteronormativity too far for me (not just Akko, but Lotte too). Think I'll just stop watching and drop in on the threads near the series' end to find out what they did with Diana.
>>
>still no webm of Diana saying I love you
This show is like a cow, we need to milk every single drop of it.
>>
>>2286878
>Netflix
>pushing heteronormativity
Those guys would love Trigger to make LWA into lesbian porn and sell it to little girls because muh agenda. I think it's nostalgia for the times where magical girl shows were created by women instead of a committee full of old men. Those shows had a lot of "heteronormativity"
>>
>>2286433
Having watched both OVAs though, there wasn't that much indication that LWA would have any yuri at all. They were just really good OVAs.
>>
>>2286878
Well, I think it's not the right attitude to drop a show just because it doesn't deliver yuri, but I agree that the writing and delivery of LWA has been rather subpar. So that just means both reasons for me to watch the show are gone. I figure it must be the same case for you. Now is a good time to drop it, and we can always go back to check at the end.

For the love interest thingy, personally I don't think it's pressure from Netflix. It's a combination of Trigger wants to aim this show at family and children and targets the West at the same time, since it's rather the norm for main heroine in western cartoon to have a love interest.

The irony is that Andrew is basically a carbon copy of Diana in term of looks and attitude, the only difference is that he just happens to be born a Muggle.
>>
>>2286895
>Well, I think it's not the right attitude to drop a show just because it doesn't deliver yuri
I can watch or drop a show for any reason I want. It's not as if the studio care.
>>
>>2286895
>since it's rather the norm for main heroine in western cartoon to have a love interest.
There's no need for the love interest to be male. Not anymore. Western cartoons are changing.
>>
Yo hol up DiaAkko happened?! Is this legitimately legit or an elaborate ruse?
>>
>>2286901
It's played as a gag, a good one at that though.
>>
>>2286901
Love potion shenanigans. Except with a wasp instead of a potion. (It's still Sucy's fault, of course.)
>>
>>2286907
So it's permanent, right? Right? ...right?
>>
>>2286912
How would that be a good thing? I want Diana to fall in love with Akko because of her own true feelings, not because of magical bullshit.
>>
>>2286915
Good point. I haven't seen the episode but did Diana at least left all flustered after all that and realising her inner lez?
>>
>>2286895
I'm not fundamentalist enough to drop a show because it doesn't completely follow through with the yuri, but I don't care if you're Aria, if you lead me (or if everyone who's talking about it leads me) to believe it's yuri and it turns out that not only is it not yuri, the character(s) in question are into dudes, I'll drop it without a thought. It completely sours the entire thing for me.
>>
I can't watch this atm, someone just be real with me- is the doom and gloom legit and it's gone het or is that just trolling
>>
I'm disappointed with this show.

Andrew's pretty much Diana with a dick so he's a character that didn't need to be created. The writers missed an opportunity to make Diana an interesting character by giving the development Diana should have gotten to Andrew. I also don't understand why Akko's and Diana's relationship wasn't written the same way. They don't have to add romantic overtones, but as main characters and foils to each other they should have an interesting dynamic.
>>
>>2286927
Ew.
>>
Just saw it and I feel disgusted. Can we close this thread now?
>>
>>2286927
Well, time to watch something else.
>>
>heteronormativity
What the fuck is that?
>>
>>2286927

lol at people downplaying Andrew when he first showed up
>>
The TV LWA makes me appreciate Maho Precure even more. And it's a show for little girls.
>>
>>2286925
I agree, even if it wasn't romantic I hoped Diana would be developed more, she's hardly even in it. Missed opportunities, especially after episode 2.
>>
Is it time for the daily visitsor from /a/ to show their fresh faces? Sure feels like it.
>>
>>2286947
Don't respond to shitposters. I know it's hard but really don't
>>
>>2286947
Just rewatch the teasing from her teammates and Akko being embarassed about it in the minutes before the outro kicks in and you now where this is going.

It's like you guys are watching anime/cartoon for the first time.
>>
I'm sure glad I'm not a purityfag anymore, I can enjoy the yuri artworks and continue to trashship akkoxdiana but enjoy the show for what it is.
Who cares, Lotte is happy and the andrew/akko isn't the main focus of the show anyway.
>>
>>2286956
That's not what purityfag means.
>>
>>2286920
>if you lead me (or if everyone who's talking about it leads me) to believe it's yuri and it turns out that not only is it not yuri
That's the thing though, no one lead anyone into thinking this was yuri. Hell, the people from the show outright STATED they don't support AkkoxDianna and that it was just fanfiction.
This is just another Hibike where it was spelled to us but some people just didn't listen.
>>
>>2286966
I don't think anon was referring to this show with that.

Anyway the problem isn't the lack of yuri, it's the presence of het. I'm sure most of us were expecting the same sort of ambiguous relationship we saw in the OVA. Oh well.
>>
>>2286966
I would say this is an inferior Hibikek, since despite the het everyone even the Nips acknowledge that the yuri teasing there is over the top. But there is not even yuri teasing here...
LWA is more similar to Cross Ange.
>>
>>2286971
Cross Ange had a lot more legit yuri then LWA.
>>
>>2286966
Everyone was raving about DiannaxAkko potential up until the point when the /a/ Q&A took place, and some even continue to rave about it still. Some went to AkkoxSuccy and were like "this was totally what i wanted all along guys" until that was sunk as well.

I stepped away after the Q&A, but the infectious nature in which people were going on about it, as well as a few subtle hints in the OVA made me think that they'd at least not go full het out of nowhere. Obviously I was wrong and I should've just stuck with tried and tested pessimism. It's safer that way.
>>
>>2286973
Shame. I really like the OVA, so it's sad to see the series doesnt deliver in both quality and yuri fronts.
>>
I'm almost more annoyed about all the other girls getting sidelined than the het.

This OC guy got the most development out of all the characters besides Akko and they will continue to shove this faggot in everyone's face.
>>
>>2286973
>>2286969
Redflags started appearing as early as the second OVA, which was shit for reasons other than no yuri really, that was when they introduced boys and some even fell for Diana.
>>
>>2286980
I would like to say so far he's appeared once every four episodes and that they'll continue with that trend but even if they do, the rest of the episodes in between have been episodic garbage.

I guess LWA is just too western for me.
>>
>>2286927
I take it you stopped watching before the last five minutes or something? Lotte explicitly does not have a boyfriend, she has some dude she friendzoned because she doesn't feel that way about him. And Sucy ships Lotte/Night Fall, so we should take that just as seriously as her shipping Akko and Andrew.
>>
>>2286982
It certainly feels like they try to pander towards the west too had (which is funny because full gay would be a lot more accepted here).
They tried to keep the old cast prominent and include new characters, which made people like Diana kinda obsolete because Andrew serves the exact same role.
>>
>>2286980
>I'm almost more annoyed about all the other girls getting sidelined than the het.

I just want more tech wizard.
>>
They should ramp up the DiaAkko OTP to be honest.
>>
>>2286988
I don't feel like watching LWA any more. DiaAkko is the sole reason why I even bothered watching this Harry Potter clone.
>>
So basically the series fucked up its own characters, added completely unnecessary characters, doesn't seem to have an actual story (or if it has it isn't advancing it) and went het.

Seems the Trigger that made KLK is gone now.
>>
>>2286990
>Harry Potter clone.
I wish, maybe it could've been exciting at some point.
>>
>>2286994
>went het.
Outside of doomcrying, you know the other end of what the board does, yeah pretty much. Trigger messed up their own thing.
>>
>>2286994
KLK was also terrible though.
The only good thing Trigger has ever done is LWA OVA 1.
>>
>>2286994
>went het

This was never going to be yuri outside of possible goggleable moments
>>
>>2287002
>KLK was also terrible though.
>>
>>2287003
Yes, but it still went het. There are other shows that didn't go yuri or het.
>>
the problem with this show is that they focus too much on Andrew while forgetting everyone else like Amanda and co.

this episode is fine but the 2nd sting to Diana is really unnecessary.
>>
You guys do remember there's a hide thread option, right? You don't see me filling up with the Touhou threads with "meh, not my thing", do you.
>>
>>2287028
He showed in 2 out of 10 episodes, how is that focusing too much on him?
I agree that green team is being ignored too much though.
>>
>>2286894
Diana was more tsundere for Akko in the OVAs.
Remember tsundere for a girl = gay for that girl. It's /u/ 101.
>>
>>2286933
Stop this attempts, /a/

>>2286936
It means thinking that being hetero is normal and anything else is abnormal. Plenty of hateful posters on /a/ think like that.
>>
>>2287055
It sounds like such a tumblr word though.
>>
>>2286973
>until that was sunk
Huh?
>as well
HUH?
>>
>>2286984
Are people already forgetting Diana is important because Shiny Chariot? Aka the main freaking plot of the show. Andrew is only there to stop the school for being closed, Diana is for the relevant stuff with Akko.
>>
>>2287058
It actually isn't.
>>
>>2286954
She outright stated she will never confess anything, regardless of what she feels. And that's a good thing because Trigger's policy of static characters:

Akko being so adamant against confessing is a good thing because all the characters in a Trigger show remain static until the end, so it means Akko will never truly do it because it would mean she stops being a static character, which goes against everything Trigger does.
>>
>>2287065
So we trade no het for shit characters?
What a deal.
>>
>>2287062
So far she was always absent when something relevant for Akko happened.
>>
>>2287046
both of the 2 episodes are dedicated to him
>>
>>2287069
Because the Shiny Chariot plot hasn't kicked in yet.
>>
I think /u/ shouldn't put too much hope on every show with a cast of female characters and is made for mass consumption. LWA was crowd-funded so the studio took a neutral stance and not pander to a specific crowd. I can't really blame the yuri fans though because legit yuri shows are extremely rare.

With all that said, there are surprises here and there, but sadly LWA isn't it. RIP Diana.
>>
>>2287053
Marginally more. Anything greater than zero doesn’t have to be big to exist.
>>
>>2287076
But Diana is okay.
At least watch the episode before commenting.
>>
>>2287079
Still waiting for [eraser]. Admittedly I'm still worried about her, based on what I read so far.
>>
>>2286528
Shows that will contain yuri relationships tend to announce that up front. You know, straight-up yuri shows. Outside of those, you'll have to make do with coy little hints and what-if scenarios in shows that aren't explicitly wearing their yuri on their sleeves.

If you go into every show with a majority female cast and expect it to be yuri and become angry when yuri doesn't get "confirmed" in that show, then you must spend most of your time watching anime angry. Why set yourself up for disappointment based on nothing but your own misguided expectations? You're the one at fault in this scenario.

I can see why people would be pissed at a show like Hibike, that was full-blown bait, but also rare in its audacity. But on the other hand you shouldn't just be expecting a nonsense Korra-esque dyke end in a show that had otherwise not laid any ground for it. What were you seriously hoping for in LWA? What had made you think such a thing was even likely?
>>
>>2287076
I can say the same thing to the series where your screenshot is from. Just saying.
>>
>>2287093
I believe that was the point.
>>
>>2287093
OG season 1-2 were very gay and I'm not a purityfag who throws infantile fits because a guy happens to show up for 2 seconds.
>>
File: 4242352412.png (15KB, 1295x230px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
4242352412.png
15KB, 1295x230px
>>
>>2287071
Or because there is just no plot at all.

>>2287062
In the OVA and manga, Diana has 3 roles:
> A foil who constantly antagonizes Akko over her being useless --> Now H&B
> Someone who is supposed to be there for Akko to show off again how cool and awesome magic is, and who will secrely cheer for her --> Andrew. And it's even more riduculous when you actually see how much they resemblance each other, Trigger basically just genderswaps Diana to get Andrew.
> The rival who has petty quarrel with her all the time --> Amanda

Why the hell is Diana even here anymore? They cut down all her roles, cut all her screen time. And don't tell me the hurr durr wait till 2nd cour. She is supposed to be a major character but she gets no development and no background after 10 half of the series.

Oh wait, but actually none other than Akko got some development. Kudos to Trigger then.

>>2287089
I think /u/ as a whole, or even Nips are never really into the "confirmed" thing. For us, no het = /u/, just like how Nips always prefer couples with sexual tension but never out right stated attraction. There is just a strong aversion to real "romance".

And it's not like I watch every CGDCT shows with that mentality, its just LWA going het was actually rather... unexpected for me, given the two OVA.

Well at least since the show sucks in not just yuri I can drop it with no regret.
>>
It's like people here forget that the show has 2 cours
>>
>>2286982
>>2286984
>pander to the west
Too bad the rules won't allow it but there's a pic with the Trigger guys saying they don't give a shit about the west. They make Japanese anime for Japan.
>>
>>2287136
While that is true LWA is basically their little love letter to the traditional cartoons of old, why else would they give shoutouts to Hanna-Barbera and stuff?
That is also why the characters will most likely stay static and also why no romance will go past teasing (blatant or not) because that was how it was done in those times as well unless the characters in a relationship were married for example.
>>
>>2287135
>Episode 25
>Ursula turns to Akko
>No Akko, I'm Shiny Chariot
>gasp
>end credits roll
>>
>>2287132
LWA hasn't gone hetero and Diana is relevant because Shiny Chariot, something Andrew will never take from her.
>>
>>2287138

No matter how the show actually ends this is how I'll remember it ending thanks.
>>
>>2287140
You know that shiptease with a guy can only lead to a hetero romance in the end. Unless you're GrimGrimoire of course, but people here obviously don't play many games.
>>
>>2287145
It had the same tease with Diana this episode.
>>
>>2287146
I know. This was meant as a condescending remark towards our cynics here.
>>
File: mpv-shot0003.jpg (94KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
mpv-shot0003.jpg
94KB, 1280x720px
>>2286878
>this episode pushed the heteronormativity too far for me
lmaooooo

Also, Diana was really cute this episode, the inevitable fanfictions between her and Akko will be glorious
>>
>>2286852
>So many lies in one post.
Take that post with a bit of margin since I wrote it by only watching raws and what people posted on /a/ during the stream.

Seeing now translated episode not much changed anyway from the initial post.

If Trigger wants to throw Andrew (and Frank) in with few episodes break each time to make him and Akko interact we can't really do anything about it.

I don't think it will go full romance but then who really knows what Trigger thought by adding such character like Andrew in and minimalised the importance of other girls thanks to that like the whole Amanda, Constance and Jasminka trio.


Even Diana role looks to be less of what we saw of her in the OVAs but at least ehre knowing how many episodes this show ill have there's still time to develop her properly than showing her as perfect girl who falls in love in jokish maneer with Akko and herself.
>>
>>2287002
>KLK was also terrible though.

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH
>>
>>2285896
I agree, but on the caveat that you shouldn't be so pessimistic that you avoid obvious signs.

This is what happened to the Hibike community. They became so inundated in pessimism that they couldn't see the blatantly obvious evidence right in front of their eyes that Kumiko was a lesbian. They just absolutely refused to acknowledge it, and every single Hibike thread on /u/ was just infested with angry screaming shitbabies insisting that the series would end in disappointment, despite literally every indication otherwise.

In this case, though, pessimism is definitely called for. Little Witch Academia is almost certainly a completely hetero anime. At best, there might be a minor character pairing.
>>
>>2287268
Wait, Hibike didn't end in disappointment?
>>
>>2287272
It didn't, and I was the ONLY PERSON in a vast ocean of doomsayers who called it.

I said that, A, Kumiko was a lesbian, and B, the series would end without a canonical pairing for Kumiko. I got it 100 percent right on both counts. EVERYONE ELSE was saying we would get Shuumiko. EVERYONE. I was the lone voice of sanity and reason and hope, and I will never stop bragging about it.
>>
>>2287274
>EVERYONE
>EVERYONE
>EVERYONE
No, shitlord, some people were also saying it was going to end in an open ending. (Though that was an 'at best' scenario.) Generally it was just 'there's no fucking way Kyoani is going to go full KumiRei' and guess what. They didn't. Do you have to bring this up in every vaguely relevant thread just to make yourself feel good? There's enough shitposting in the LWA threads as is without any outside help.
>>
File: 1488570339307.jpg (65KB, 399x767px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1488570339307.jpg
65KB, 399x767px
>>2286986
Tech wizard and ryuko2.0 both need more screen time and love. I think I'll start shipping them just to help them exist.
>>
>>2287284
Can you blame me, though? Those threads were hell. It was so awful having to deal with a relentless barrage of people saying SHUUMIKO IS CANON, SHUUMIKO IS CANON, SHUUMIKO IS CANON, day after day after day after day after fucking day. And every time I tried to use reason and evidence to point out, "Actually, Kyoani is throwing us some pretty hard telegraphing that Kumiko is a lesbian," people would start screaming, TAKE OFF YOUR GOGGLES, YOU DELUDED MORON.

How can I not brag, now that I've been validated?
I'm sure I'll eventually get over it, but the sweet glow of victory is still in my cheeks.
>>
File: 1488289283552.png (233KB, 837x683px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1488289283552.png
233KB, 837x683px
>>2287299
it's a good ship
>>
>>2287284
>>2287300
Oh, also, that was the same season Flip Flappers and Izetta were airing, so having Hibike finish with a yuri confession made it a perfect trifecta. I'll never forget how happy I was.
>>
>>2287303
You use the report function on the OP. The thread isn't against any rules though, so don't expect anything to happen. Announcing reports however is against the rules.
>>
>>2287299
>>2287305
I'm convinced Ryuko is actually a robot. Those glowing eyes are just too conspicuous.

So this ship could potentially be mother-daughter.
>>
>>2287300
>>2287306
I'm happy for you, now shut the fuck up or start a Hibikek thread for yourself.
>>
>>2287303
Use the fucking Hide button (ideally coupled with Hide Stubs option on whatever extension you use).
>>
>>2287314
I misread your name as Googled Anon for literally years.
>>
>>2287306
>having Hibike finish with a yuri confession
Who confessed to who, and did they really say Kumiko is a lesbian?

I swear I'll stop posting after this.
>>
>>2287021
I really don't mind my ship sinking or the lack of yuri undertones I just can't stand it becoming het. If it does then this is going to be the biggest disappointment in 2017.
>>
>>2287328
Kumiko to Asuka.
>>
>>2287332
And what a glorious moment it was.
>>
>>2287332
Wait so they are a couple now?
>>
>>2287348
Yes.
>>
>>2287346
>>2287348
No.
>>
>>2287316
You just opened my eyes anon. Now tge name makes sense.
>>
>>2287328
>>2287348
She is baiting.
>>
>>2287348
Maybe.
>>
>>2287348
I don't know
>>
>>2287348
Can you repeat the question?
>>
Quality thread. The concern trolls have won.
>>
File: whatdidshemean.jpg (228KB, 1080x2430px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
whatdidshemean.jpg
228KB, 1080x2430px
>>2287351
>>2287359
>>2287361
>>2287363
>>2287367
>>2287368
I'm getting mixed messages here.
>>
>>2287348
>>2287351
>>2287359
>>2287363
>>2287367
>>2287368
You're not the boss of me now!
>>
>>2287348
YOU ARE NOT THE BOSS OF ME NOW
>>
Good lord. I think after this thread reach the bump limit /u/ should just post LWA stuff in general.

Because evidently a new thread could only call for more shit posting, given that absolutely no development except Akko's loveline has happened. What else are there to discuss then?

>>2287370
Well it's a good anime but I still say you shouldn't watch it for the /u/.
Also if you happen to like KumiRei prepare to get assblasted in season 2.
>>
>>2287376
Ask that the people who talk about shows that have stopped airing years ago.
>>
>>2287257
Is it weird that this line just made me ship Sucy with Akko even more? Y'know, in a sorta 'eggs girl on about their love life while secretly being hard gay for them' kinda way?
>>
>>2287137
The Trigger guys are nostalgiafags and Japan has nostalgia for western animation too. You know Osamu Tezuka started ripping off Disney, right? Hell, Akira Toriyama decided to become a mangaka after watching 101 Dalmatians when he was a kid. In any case, old cartoons, Japanese or American, tend to be autoconclusive; sometimes with a bigger plot going on behind but mostly sticking to a basic formula. Magical girl used to be written by women and guess what, they were full of romance. After they started to being ridden by old men and the otakus got a voice, the girls weren't allowed to have important romantic plots anymore. Nowadays the magical girl genre is pretty much on life support outside the pedo ghetto on the late night slot. Little girls want to be idols now
>>
>>2287403
Magical girl is a slightly different genre than LWA. LWA is more like Sabrina or Wendy the Witch.
That's why I think the romance will not be that much deeper than your average kids show.
Recess also comes to mind a bit.
>>
>>2285898
This is great.
>>
>>2287406
The first magical girl show was Sally the witch and it was a Bewitched's rip-off because that show got insanely popular with Japanese women. In fact, magical girls were slice-of-life with magic until Sailor Moon revolutionized the genre and turned it into superheroe shows for girls
>>
>>2287376
>What else are there to discuss then?

The glorious new ship of Diana/Diana. It might unseat Sucy/mushroom as my OTP.

>>2287398
My immediate reaction to that line was "That sounds like Sucy's version of a love confession."
>>
>>2287430
naisu blog
>>
File: 61755858_p6.jpg (411KB, 764x1024px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
61755858_p6.jpg
411KB, 764x1024px
>>2287398
>>2287414
Yeah, that line basically super confirms that Sucy is Gay™ for Akko.
>>
>>2287079
>But Diana is okay.
She got reduced to a background character. Nothing is okay.
>>
>>2287132
>Oh wait, but actually none other than Akko got some development. Kudos to Trigger then.
Andrew did...
>>
>>2286994
>and went het.
>What is Space Patrol Luluco
>What is Kiznaiver
>>
>>2287481
>Background character
>>
>>2287076
>not pander to a specific crowd.
isnt including a het romance pandering to them though? I mean they could've had Andrew but not make literally every girl wet themselves over him
>>
I'm only watching the show for Diana at this point.
>>
>>2287370
thats clearly not romantic though
>>
so this show is hetshit now? literally why
>>
>>2287172
There's already 1 fix fic of sorts for ep 10, and the most prominent LWA fic writer already said she's making her own. Legit can't wait.

>>2287481
This is the biggest thing that bothered me about the episode. Other being the lack of Green Team (or rather Amanda in a sleeveless dress). The problem is that the Akko/Andrew plot is fundamentally the same as the Akko/Diana plot but it's simply way easier to realize and develop. Unless the next few episodes are mainly about Diana (which I seriously hope so), it's going to be a real shitshow for her character.
>>
Remember when we were all optimistic about this show giving us the goods? Ya gotta love optimism.
>>
>>2287492
>Unless the next few episodes are mainly about Diana
Wasn't this episode supposed to be the Diana episode where we learn stuff about her? Maybe I was lied to by /a/. They also said 11 and 12 will start the plot by introducing new characters for the second cours.
Maybe I misunderstood.
>>
>>2287489
It's too early to tell since it's a 2 season show, yuri hints were dropped in KLK in the second half.
The fact that Diana got stung twice and didn't fall for a male character tells me something.
>>
>>2287494
>Wasn't this episode supposed to be the Diana episode where we learn stuff about her
That was just the comments of a nip shill. They also said H&B would be inportant to the episode.
>>
File: 61749514_p4.jpg (217KB, 1312x1155px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
61749514_p4.jpg
217KB, 1312x1155px
>>2287493
Fan stuff is gonna keep me warm at least.
>>2287495
Diana/Amanda end, lets fucking go!
>>
>>2287493
Why were people optimistic though?
The OVAs gave no hints this was going to be a yuri show.
>>
>>2287499
All girl school, I guess.
>>
>>2287495
The staff already said they don't support AkkoxDiana.
If Diana yuri happens it will be with another girl.
>>
>>2287486
It's never pandering if it's the majority.
>>
>>2287499
>>2287493
people drank the koolaid without checking to see if was spiked. and sadly, we only got the clean alcoholless one.
>>
>>2287502
Seems I'm missing something, source?
>>
>>2287499
Trigger show about magical girls with no prominent male characters. All the ingredients for a big pile of gay, if you ignore the fact that the OVAs had no yuri whatsoever. Which apparently people were only too eager to do.
>>
>>2287494
>Yoshinari says he has so much stuff he wants to do it won’t fit into 25 episodes. He added that it’s hard enough just to fit Akko’s story into 25, and with the current limit, the team doesn’t have enough time to delve deeper into what’s going on with Diana and Amanda.
You likely won't be seeing as much of Diana as you'd like.
>>
>>2287508
>no prominent male characters.
Andrew.
>>
>>2287509
Aight cool, so the show is fundamentally flawed beyond the het shit
>>
>>2287509
Won't it be wise to dive into the plot instead of doing random episodes then? I'm pretty sure the OVA did a great job introducing the cast.
>>
>>2287513
The OVAs, fucktard
>>
File: hibiki_laughing.jpg (94KB, 394x617px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
hibiki_laughing.jpg
94KB, 394x617px
>>2287509
And what a great story Akko had in the past 10 episodes.
>>
>>2287519
That's just the staff being incompetent.
>>
File: 10.png (407KB, 1148x647px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
10.png
407KB, 1148x647px
>>2287502
I find that statement odd since this happened. If they don't support this ship wouldn't they try avoid dropping hints?
>>
>>2287522
That wasn't a thing since she acted under the influence of the bee sting. Further more, later she falls for herself making it all seem comedic rather than romantic.
>>
File: 1488245192230.jpg (240KB, 788x912px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1488245192230.jpg
240KB, 788x912px
I don't want to bully Yoshi's directorial debut (on what's probably his dream project) but yeah, dude should just stick to animating.

Also, I hope you guy's a ready for the even more apparent focus on Andrew and his dad as the second cour drops the mostly episodic nature of the show and reveals that he had a major hand in making Chariot disappear and witches fall out of relevance. Poor Diana is going to continue being paid dust as her potentially interesting plotline of "traditionalist who lost the wonder to magic" is going to get dropped soon enough.
>>
>>2287523
But it was the same with Andrew.
>>
>>2287528
I really don't care about Diana or the plot at all.
i just want to see more green trio.
>>
>>2287513
Prominent usually means "in every episode".
>>
File: 1488985728071.jpg (90KB, 461x500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1488985728071.jpg
90KB, 461x500px
>>2287530
Yeah of course that too, but that goes without saying.
The sis that said "watch episode 5 be the last time they interact with each other" was right on the fucking money and I hate it.
>>
>>2287533
It hurts even more because episode 5 was garbage.
>>
>>2287529
Does this delegitimize all the het nonsense?
>>
>>2287528
>on what's probably his dream project
Really? Then why does he do jack shit with the concept and most of the cast?
>>
>>2287538
Yes.
>>
>>2287539
He doesn't know how to direct.
>>
>>2287522
baito
>>
>>2287523
>she falls for herself
I would too, if I looked like Diana.
>>
>>2287529
Not really, or else that one on one scene between Akko and Andrew wouldn't have happened or Diana would've gotten her own version.
>>
>>2287548
I find it hilarious that she couldn't recognize herself and immediately asks "who is this?"
>>
File: 1488564389238.png (819KB, 873x1000px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1488564389238.png
819KB, 873x1000px
alright, we hit autosage. is anyone going to be s̶t̶u̶p̶i̶d̶ brave enough to make a new thread come page 9?
>>
>>2287568
lwa isn't even /u/ at this point
>>
>>2287586
I wish people would stop saying this like it matters.
>>
>>2287546
Nope.

>>2287554
That scene wasn't for romance, it was to establish her dreams and show that magic isn't worthless, so the school isn't closed. It was just plot, Diana didn't need that plot, she's there for chariot.
>>
>>2287594
you know, that scene makes it really apparent that diana is now a redundant character
>>
>>2287601
Diana was honestly a pretty fucking poor show, this week.

I expected nothing, and was still disappointed.

I do think she can recover from this, though. Good characters have had bad episodes before.
>>
You people are easy to lose hope, I bet Diana will get a worthy redemption soon enough.
>>
>>2287608
she never recovered from ep5 imo
plus a mostly no show from episodes after that
and now this disaster
>>
>>2287634
Recovered from it? What was bad about it? (It's been a few weeks, I don't remember, and I'm watching something else right now.)
>>
>>2287640
I think anon means the ancient dragon language one?
>>
>>2287665
Right, but what happened that was so bad? All I remember is that Diana translated the dragon contract.
>>
>>2287538
If it does for the /u/ then it does for het too.
>>
If you ask me people on /u/ started to get waaaay too invested in things in the last couple of years. Years ago we posted "non canon" shit all the time and didn't care.

>>2287669
Made her a Mary-Sue in the eyes of a lot of people here.
>>
>>2287677
>Mary-Sue
Must I remind you that she missed up in ep 2?
>>
>>2287688
I didn't say it made her look like one to me, did I?
>>
File: lindex.jpg (771KB, 700x5492px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
lindex.jpg
771KB, 700x5492px
at the very least we won't have to suffer through art like this any more.
>>
>>2287763
They don't have that sort of chemistry at all, what's the deal with this? I wouldn't mind it if it weren't so out of character.
>>
File: qa94xto.jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
qa94xto.jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
>>2287586
It's got plenty of lewd content.
>>
File: 1489443766399.png (464KB, 578x578px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1489443766399.png
464KB, 578x578px
>>
>>2287763
>Akko is sitting out in the rain
>It wasn't raining in the episode
This is bothering me almost as much as the man faces.
>>
>>2287807

It'd be ok if this ended in selfcest.
>>
>>2287807
GOOD END.
>>
>>2287136
Huh, they really said that? I've been curious about that for a while now.
>>
>>2287763
>At leats we won't have to suffer through lesbian art anymore
Only on /u/
>>
>>2287509
>>2287516
>have 25 episode
>not enough
but then decided to throw random shit instead of something meaningful. the next 14 episode going to be rushed and clusterfuck. Many things will not be explained.
>>
>>2287509

Do you have an actual source?
>>
>>2287810
That comic was done before the episode aired.
>>
File: 1489412347597.jpg (132KB, 467x738px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1489412347597.jpg
132KB, 467x738px
Meanwhile in an official Maho Precure Manga
>>
File: 1489412379867.jpg (326KB, 1057x715px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1489412379867.jpg
326KB, 1057x715px
>>2288066
>>
>>2288066
>>2288068
Did they actually just kiss?
>>
>>2287568
I fucking love this image.
>>
>>2288142
It's was medicinal.
>>
>>2288150
So it's sexual healing?
>>
Crack shippers give /u/ and yurifriends in general a bad name. You should all be ashamed. When they say yurifags are delusional, they're talking about you but they include all of us.
>>
>>2288235
And cynics are the other cancer of this board.
>>
File: 1448579885996.png (416KB, 798x799px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1448579885996.png
416KB, 798x799px
>>2288235
you'll coward
>>
>>2287763
>in the anime, Akko and Diana seldom interact with each other and the latter shows no interest in the former unless there's a problem
>in fanart, they're this lovey-dovey couple with a deep bond!
>>
>>2288299
welcome to literally every fandom ever.
>>
>>2287800
She's canon into BDSM, clearly.
>tfw no doujin about Sucy tying Akko in her sleep
>we will never see Sucy applying her weird aphrodisiacs on Akko's bearded clam
>and then leaving her alone for hours on end
>until she begs for any sort of release
>tfw we will never be treated to a two page spread of Sucy giving Akko the most mind-blowing orgasm of her life with a single touch of her long witch fingers
>>
>>2288299
crack addicts, obviously
i don't mind akko/diana stuff but that type is just cringy as fuck
the faster and harder they get btfo the better it'll be for everyone
>>
File: asdadsda.png (488KB, 874x706px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
asdadsda.png
488KB, 874x706px
>>2286925
Yeah.. I'm disappointment with it for other reasons on top of that. It's just kinda boring unlike the original animation.
>>
File: 61903198_p1.png (107KB, 624x515px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
61903198_p1.png
107KB, 624x515px
>>2288369
I'll keep saying it because it's true; the OVAs were popular mainly because of the spectacle of the animation and aesthetics, not the actual writing or the characters (except Sucy, but only because she's a damn meme)
>>
File: 61902616_p1.jpg (2MB, 2989x4032px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
61902616_p1.jpg
2MB, 2989x4032px
>>2288374
Don't call her a meme!
>>
File: dragontaming.png (537KB, 1000x982px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
dragontaming.png
537KB, 1000x982px
>>2288235
I recommend not giving a shit about whether random jackasses on the internet think you're delusional. It's worked wonders for me.
>>
File: pretty dresses.jpg (585KB, 1200x695px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
pretty dresses.jpg
585KB, 1200x695px
>>
File: robosmooch.jpg (491KB, 1100x1320px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
robosmooch.jpg
491KB, 1100x1320px
>>
>>2288396
Poor Jasminka is always left out. I meed my OT3
>>
>>2288374
I thought the writing for the first OVA was really good. No groundbreaking new ideas but a well-rounded little story competently told. The second OVA was pretty weak in comparison and the TV show is all over the place.
>>
>>2288374
There was no major flaws in the writing of the original though. It introduced the characters well and had me sympathizing with them. It was also very exciting toward the end
>>
People who ship despite and against canonical material are no different than teenager girls who ship Harry Potter x Draco Malfoy for no reason other than because they can.
Losing standards in yuri relationships is the same as letting het win.
>>
>>2288623
There's more chemistry between Harry and Draco than any characters in this show.
>>
>>2287568

Any more of this or like this?
>>
>>2288623
>Losing standards in yuri relationships is the same as letting het win.
Oh get dowm from your fucking high horse. Ignoring canon is how /u/ even started out with.
>>
>>2288706

Eh don't bother responding, you know who that is.
>>
nothing is going to stop me shipping Diana with Akko
>>
>>2288623
>Losing standards in yuri relationships is the same as letting het win.
Your logic is beyond me, i will ship whenever and however. Having non-canon ships eventually makes them canon, that's called fanservice and a lot of companies do that.
>>
>>2288623
I reject your reality and replace it with my own.
>>
>>2288623
'Sup Anticrack-kun, finally moving on from Madoka?
>>
>>2288396
Loving the art style in that picture
>>
anyone have seen new fanart based on episode 10?
>>
File: 61888202_p0.jpg (409KB, 1277x739px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
61888202_p0.jpg
409KB, 1277x739px
>>2288741
Exactly. Ain't gonna let shitposters take that away from me.
>>2288773
Check pixiv/twitter.
>>
>>2287522
This made me feel as if the director slaps me, then gives me a candy, finally takes away the candy and spits in my face...

I can see the end, Andrew saves the school...
>>
File: gothic romance.png (1MB, 868x1258px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
gothic romance.png
1MB, 868x1258px
>>
>>
>>2289055
They kind of look like the Hex Maniac and Fairy Tale Girl trainers from pokemon.
>>
...damn this got me sweatin'. "Soft" smut is so damn good. Wish I could write because I'd love to put out a drabble inspired by this.
>>
>>2288758
>Anticrack-kun
I'm >>2288623 and does that guy still exist?
This guy used to call me by reddit-kun in every madoka thread on /a/
4chan is a smaller place than I thought, and no, that's not me, just because I have standards dont make me full autism on his same level

>>2288748
Except it doesnt. Having no standards mean it is easier to please you and therefore companies need to make less efforts since it's conveniently easier to meet your already low standards which leads to lower quality in the industry as a whole
Of course one person wont make a difference but it does make a difference in the long run
>>
File: 1489545377713.png (83KB, 330x456px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1489545377713.png
83KB, 330x456px
>>2289706
>>
>>2289706
>but it does make a difference in the long run
Isn't doesn't. Because in the end they could also just very well stop yuri shows at all if they aren't meeting anyone's standard. No way will any industry think "Oh hey, they think this is shit maybe we should make more of an effort" when the only conclusion is "welp they think it's shit, better cut our losses and not make anything like that ever again".
>>
File: 1489689104636.jpg (128KB, 500x728px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1489689104636.jpg
128KB, 500x728px
>>
>>2289706
bruh
>>
new thread>>2290580
Thread posts: 369
Thread images: 88





[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.