[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Metall/u/rgy

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 555
Thread images: 15

File: What's the theme.png (637KB, 2150x802px) Image search: [Google]
What's the theme.png
637KB, 2150x802px
>Fics
http://archiveofourown.org/series/354770

>Art
http://imgur.com/a/XLhFm

Fusion complete >>2252999
>>
File: 1485492878831.png (103KB, 5149x793px) Image search: [Google]
1485492878831.png
103KB, 5149x793px
>What is it?
/u/ put their goggles on tight enough that they started shipping personifications of chemical elements, metals in particular. We started from the nuclear family of a Gold/Silver couple and their daughter Copper, and have been slowly expanding out. Done with a mixture involving some amounts of science and additional amounts of "this would be cute" when it comes to establishing an element or couple. The threads have a basic idea(or more) for all of the elements and are now working on expanding relationships, relationship histories, and other personal elements for the lesser known elements. Suggestions are welcome.

Important things to discuss:
Germanium, specifically history on Germanium.
How prolific is Xenon's body of work?
Does Promethium get a kick out of going online and trying to flirt with people?
The names of the ancestor elements, though development is much less important currently.
>>
>the theme
They're all CEOs? They're all cute? They're all wearing grey?
>>
>>2280899
I bet Xenon did her fair share of wedding photography before and during her time with Kr.
>>2280906
Yeah it's CEOs.
>>
Who fell for who first when Ge and Si were just getting started?
>>
Ancestor names can be ancient Greek names, like Hydrargyrum for Mercury

I'm really behind of these threads and I missed posting the updated table, sorry
>>
>>2281145
It's cool. Is there a separate list of fictional character in-setting, like there used to be in the main chart?
>>
>>2281168

Oh it's the same old big table with a bit of updating

I also wanted to make a big chart listing all the physical aspects of the characters (cause I already forgot most of them) but heh, it'll be a while before it's done
>>
>>2281176
That would be really nice, especially for the characters that don't have profiles (yet).
>>
>>2281179

Hey especially with the likes of Dy or Ho that likely won't get a profile anytime soon

(For some reason I remember all details about Gd clear as day, even though I found out about this element through this thread)
>>
>>2281186
I remember Gd's personality more than her looks. Now Dy, she has a memorable style.
>>
>>2281194

I took Gadolinite as basis for Gd's looks, that might be why

I also remember Ho's hair, but what was Dy again?
>>
>>2281198
Dy is usually pretty functional and unassuming, like when she's operating a camera, but goes all out handsome/princely on her own time.
>>
>>2281204
>Tachi Dy

So Lu's a neko?
>>
>>2281221
Not that she would admit it.
>>
File: Kagura_Profile.jpg (30KB, 288x385px) Image search: [Google]
Kagura_Profile.jpg
30KB, 288x385px
Oh, and for some reason I also picture Dy looking a bit like Kagura.
>>
>>2280917
Silicon if we take everything into account.
>>2281145
>like Hydrargyrum
Yes I think that's the idea, considering Aurum was talked about being the ancestor for Gold. Although Hydrargyrum looks suspiciously familiar, like she's still around.
>>2281168
>>2281176
The old thread actually got done figuring out heights for everyone. Also an old version of the table that's usually in the first post typically has all the in-setting fictional elements, though for prosperity's sake here are the six:
Phlebotinum/Pb - Magical girl
Handwavium/Ha - Superhero. So comic hero.
Green Rock/Gr - Ha's sidekick.
Unobtainium/Un - Sci-fi hero.
Momentium/Mm - Sport manga MC
Plotium/Pl - Fantasy hero
>>
>>2281293
>Silicon if we take everything into account.
Mmh, she is one to speak her mind.
>>
>>2281303
That and they have the tendency to be a mirror of ScAl., hence Si being the one instead of Ge.
>>
>>2281308
Ah, makes sense. Ge's also typically the more reserved one.
>>
So for ancestors we got: Aurum, Hydrargyrum, Brimstone, and Argentum. Arge's kind of implied cause of Silver. Would that mean Wolfram is one as well? Maybe in a similar time that Brimstone is from. Might be a good way to expand on Tungsten too.
>>
>>2280896
Someone do astatine
>most volatile metalloid
>fucking disintegrates everything it touches before exploding into radioactive shit
>only one gram of it exists at any given time
>instead of nuclear reaction explosion (chain reaction) it all happens at once
>>
>>2281502
How does an extremely socially awkward young woman sound?
>>
>>2281481
Don't forget Baryta!

For what it's worth, last time Wolfram was brought up in this regard it was about how the name already applied to Tungsten herself.
>>
>>2281573
Right forgot Baryta. I suppose that would depend on how others feel, but that doesn't really hinder Wolfram possibly being an ancestor. Might make it harder to disconnect Wolfram from Tungsten but we could just go simpler. Wolfram was a decorated soldier/warrior in Tungsten's line and she grew up on stories about her, eventually her parents started calling her Wolfram as a nickname. If the thread places her to be in, relatively, recent time Wolfram could've even been a great-grandparent or so that Tungsten grew up hearing about.
>>
>>2281575
Yeah, that wouldn't really be a stretch.
>>
>>2281582
And would have the ancestor safely out of the picture. I suppose if the thread wants to lock that down, we could say that Wolfram kept a journal and it ended up in W's hands when she was younger. Helped reaffirm her decision to join the military and what not.
>>
>>2281586
What's W up to lately?
>>
>>2281591
Last thing she did was go to a concert with Steel where she inadvertently met Iron. After she told Carbon about it, but nothing since then. Probably still being a career officer or on leave. If the latter might be trying to deepen her relationship with Ta.
>>
>>2281593
I'm sure Ta would appreciate that.
>>
>>2281593

Her relationship with Ta is pretty old an in-depth already, they might be looking at the next step which is cute alloy kids obviously
>>
>>2281596
I don't know about in-depth, but old sure. The big deal with their relationship is that it's never really been explored. Just given a bit of history and settled into acceptance. The last time it was seriously discussed was concerning Nb and how she eventually moved on, then it was just TaW see each other every time W's on leave and nothing further.
>>
>>2281598
There's plenty of room to expand upon that, then.
>>
>>2281602
Yep like the fact that Tantalum was the medical doctor behind Tc's cyberization. I bet Ta and W had a fun time dealing with the publicity after it was successful. Also, probably allowed Ta to make an aptly ironic remark regarding grieving Mo and trying to make progress with her before U came along.
>>
>>2281603
That is quite the highlight.
>>
>>2281654
Indeed, being an officer probably helped manage it better especially when Ta got fed up with the press. That actually makes for an interesting realization: W probably heard about it from three different people. Carbon, Steel, and her girlfriend.
Although Ta probably got an earful from W after that concert and anything relating to Iron that W doesn't feel like sharing with C.
>>
>>2281659
What would Ta think about that? Maybe she pushes for her to reconcile.
>>
>>2281662
I don't know so much about reconciliation but Ta could probably try and get W to realize she's holding a grudge that Carbon moved on from. Plus maybe having W try and realize the Iron she met doesn't match up with the villain she imagined.
At best I don't quite see W ever being friendly with Fe even if she learned what Carbon learned. Maybe cordial but that's involving Carbon, Steel, and Ta convincing her of some things.
>>
>>2281664
Mhm, that's very reasonable. Ta would have an assuaging impact on W.
>>
>>2281946

Especially since W often fails to realise that not everyone is as tough as nails than she is
>>
>>2281953
By the way, does Ta have a physical description?
>>
>>2281961

The only thing she ever had was a PES model
>>
>>2281964
Ah, okay. Still, that's a good start. How tall is she compared to W?
>>
>>2281966

About half a head taller, W's fairly small (180cm vs 169cm)
>>
>>2281964
Ta had one? Weird, not sure if it was ever shown. What's her hair/eye color then?
>>
>>2281971
Wow, I pictured almost the opposite. Cute.
>>
>>2281987
Yeah W is surprisingly the tallest drow known to exist. I bet she got to feel all weird when Steel became eye-level with her
>>
>>2281995
If it's any consolation, she can easily bridal carry Ta.
>>
>>2281999
Ta can probably do the same for her, much to her cute embarrassed face. I bet she talks to Te about she handles her height.
>>
>>2282000
That's super adorable. Ta must bring that side of her out.
>>
>>2282003
I'm sure she's partially used to it considering her drill sergeant was almost 7 feet tall and could pick her up whenever she wanted. Obviously that's a breach of decorum but I can't help but imagine a spar between Ada and young W that involves W having to figure out how to bypass the height advantage.
Point is TaW is a surprisingly cute couple.
>>
>>2282020
Well, that's Ada for you.

Ta: dark bluish hair? Y/N?
>>
>>2282035
I was gonna say bluish gray, so darker blue/black like what can be found on animals might work best. I suggest yellow eyes considering the spectral lines unless MS wants to show the pes model.
>>
>>2282042
Oh yeah, totally forgot about that.
>>
>>2282047
From what I could dig up, I don't think she had a special blender model since there's no image on the wiki. She was just on Al's team, unless it's real basic like an in-game edit of the player to have her eye and hair color.
That said if Ta goes blackish blue and/or graying I can't help but imagine the graying being something similar to Iron's hair. Just that the blue doesn't gray, the black does.
>>
>>2282055
>Ta's hair
Yeah, something like that would work.

I actually just noticed the lighter tones in Iron's hair because of that.
>>
>>2282059
>W drags Ta to a party C's hosting
>Mostly to keep her in line since Iron might be there
>Iron is there
>Fe and Ta just stare at each other for ten seconds before moving away during the party
>>
>>2282079
Good thinking, W.
>>
>>2282042

I don't have it at the ready but her PES model is nothing very special: metallic grey hair and dark grey eyes.Te only I really want to keep is her hairstyle: She had long hair with the back tied in a long ponytail and the front forming a long bob cut (she would obviously tie it up in a tight bun when doing an operation)
>>
>>2282234
That fits, though what exactly was her position within the hospital? Seems like a mix of surgeon/physical therapist or has she stepped into more of an administrative role from her younger years.
>>
>>2282234
That fits with the proposed hair color rather well.
>>
>>2282240

Oh I don't think she really does administrative stuff, unlike, say, Cox from Scrubs. If anything, that's what Zr did
>>
>>2282254
I suppose though if you remember, originally Perry was just a normal doctor and only got bumped to administrative because of Kelso retiring. For most of the seasons Perry was just a senior doctor. Still sounds like she's some sort of surgeon, probably neuro/physiological to some degree considering what's in Lifesaver.
>>
>>2282260

Yes, I envisioned her as both doctor and surgeon
>>
>>2282261
I see, well it fits if nothing else.
>>
Wouldnt it be pretty neat if a radioactive one - say polonium - has a gasmask?
>>
>>2282269
Wouldn't put it past Plutonium to have one stashed away, personally.
>>
>>2282280

Did she used to scare her little sister with it when they were little?
>>
>>2282283
That's very likely. Explains a lot.
>>
>>2282289

Bet she plays pyro in TF2
>>
>>2282293
She could be described as "fiery".
>>
>>2282307
>>2282280
Probably is in the industrial scene as well if that's the case
>>
>>2282366
Realistically speaking, yeah.
>>
>>2282366
Oh, wait, you mean aesthetically? And not actual industrial plants?
>>
>>2282489
I was thinking more in terms of music but I could see her having a slight industrial aesthetic. Not much of one, but it could help explain her current hair color.
>>
>>2282490
Ah, right. Yeah, it would.
>>
What would Ori do if Ar had to go somewhere out of the city for a few days? Mope around until she came back?
>>
>>2283722
Pout and mope for all of five seconds because she's been alone for way longer than Ar would be away. Probably pester Lu if she's there for the day, and then if not explore the manse before expanding her exploration search outward to the grounds.
Ar probably comes back to a freezer full of venison that Ori hunted down and some furs she has no idea what to do with.
>>
>>2283737
The thought alone gives Lu chills.
>>
>>2283751
I bet she told Ori about how Ar's manor had a lot of hidden passages because of the age. Probably got her a day of alone time before Ori returned, appearing right behind her and spooking Lu. Ori just had to go and find ones Lu didn't know about.
>>
>>2283756
Hopefully Dy can give good massages, because Lu is going to need one after that.
>>
So outside of Kr, who else is likely to own property/businesses?
>>
>>2284196

All CEOs, Au, Ar and I'd say most elements own their places

And of course H
>>
>>2284210
I suppose that's true, though outside of Cl and Kr's obvious bent I'm not sure if the bigwigs would have an obvious pattern to the places they own. Like, outside of Gold and Kr, does Al own the most amount of entertainment establishments?
>>
>>2284231
After Gold and Kr? It's possible, but she mostly does aerospace stuff.
>>
>>2284234
Her megacorp is yes, she could probably have separate properties that she leases out and the like though they're probably highly dependent on their use for the megacorp more than what Kr or Au use as criteria.
>>
>>2284260
True, maybe that sort of thing is something she starts to do more in the near future too.
>>
I had a curious thought while I was thinking on Steel for something. Both of her parents have or had relatively dark hair when she was conceived, right? So then how is her hair still light despite being older than Iron at that age, who supposedly had more like dark gray hair? I know it's from an artistic choice, but I was curious if there could be a in-setting reason since metal iron could be as shiny/light as Steel's hair depending on conditions.
That's when it struck me, what if Iron originally was the setting's version of a gray towhead that darkened as she aged. I.e. she went from silver in color to gray and slate gray during her teen years and would've had dark gray/black hair by her twenties if Oxygen didn't get to it. Like how kids can be born blonde but become brunette later in life. This led to the speculation that Steel got her mother's hair and it never darkened because recessive genetics or something from Iron.

Not sure how it might've slipped passed Carbon. Maybe she held out some hope Steel's hair wouldn't be like Iron's and took the silver as a sign of her own parents.
>>
>>2285080
Something like that could be possible, though, as mentioned, it really is just an artistic choice, I wouldn't look into it too much. But yeah, maybe.
>>
Any ideas for a story about Gold and Silver?
>>
>>2285354
One of their early dates? Back when they were in high school perhaps
>>
>>2285355
That would be cute. What was their dynamic like back then?
>>
>>2285356
I think initially it was, Silver was perusing and Gold was a big ol' flirt. If what Mithril said about their "first" date holds true, Gold was also a bit more into romantic fantasies than the actual romance. Silver must've changed that with determination and persistence.
I'd like to imagine that the reason why Gold liked Silver's attention more than most was probably the earnest effort Silver was going through for all her displays.
If they were to be likened to their kids, Gold was probably a less vain and more self-aware Electrum and Silver was perhaps more of a confident Copper. A confident Copper that was mastering her silver tongue.
>>
>>2285360
That sounds like a young Gold, haha. Thanks for the ideas. Mithril could probably tell a lot of stories.
>>
>>2285364
Mithril probably does have a lot of stories since she and Gold grew up through school. I think, they were besties after all. Also don't forget that while Gold had Mithril, Silver had Lead as a bestie.
>>
>>2285367
That means Gold has just as many stories she can tell starring Mithril.
>>
>>2285371
And pictures. I bet Gold has some pictures of when they were little girls and Mithril was all shy that Ada would find adorable.
>>
>>2285385
Gold probably has a big photo album with pictures all through their childhood up to the current day.
>>
>>2285386
Very likely, I bet Ada was enamored with the girls and Mithril's growth. It was like seeing how Ti would grow up.
>>
>>2285396
There must be tons of baby pictures of Ti.
>>
>>2285405
I bet. I also bet Mithril got to vicariously see Ada's formative years when Ti got a growth spurt in her teen years probably quietly asked Ada if she was all knees and elbows til her twenties
>>
>>2285417
>Mi gushing and going on about how Ti is starting to resemble her mother more and more
Cute.
>>
>>2285420
>Ti: "Mum can you please stop fussin', it's nothing."
>Mi: "But you look so adorable, just like your mother in your fancy clothes."
>>
>>2285424
Too cute. It sounds like Ti has the height (well, to a degree) and athleticism of Ada but a slenderness from Mi as well.
>>
>>2285427
Well she does, kinda. Not quite set on Ti being 5'10". I always imagined she'd be a solid six feet or 6'01". Only time Mum Mi is taller than Ti is when she has heels on. I always had the image in my head that for a family portrait Mi's in the foreground while Ada and Mi are behind both her shoulders in uniform/whatever Titanium wears.
>>
>>2285434
Hmmm, yeah, that does sound like it would work. Mi being taller in heels is a nice touch too.

How tall is Plat again?
>>
File: Height.png (59KB, 451x1210px) Image search: [Google]
Height.png
59KB, 451x1210px
>>2285455
Plat's 160s I think, I guess now would be a good time to post pic related. For Ti, it's weirder considering that even with heels Mi's only like an inch or two taller. That said I feel 6' even might be best.
I'll touch up the picture later so it's just heights.
>>
>>2285463
Thanks. Ti, Copper and Plat have some nice height variation between them.
>>
>>2285486
Not much variation between Cu and Pt. Considering how Ti and Cu are effectively cousins, they were adorable as kids.
>>
>>2285505
Gold and Mi would definitely remind them of that.
>>
Because of how protective Mi can be, do you think she ever scared off any of Ti's would-be girlfriends while she was in highschool?
>>
>>2285976
Depends on the girlfriends? In true, tomboy fashion Ti was probably captain of the footie team and had a dozen or so girls wet at the thought of seeing her in soccer gear. However, Ada did a great job in scaring them away since she fully switched to being a cop at that time. The more persistent ones are the ones that had to deal with Mithril.
Here's an analogy. If Ti was a princess being guarded by a dragon, the dragon would be Ada. Mi would be the vizer back in the kingdom that whispers dissent against the "hero".
>>
>>2285986
It isn't hard to imagine a situation where Ti brings a "friend" over and Mi sends out enough vibes that she leaves early.
>"Uh, it turns out I have something to do today. S...See you tomorrow, Titanium."
>>
>>2286001
True enough. I'm sure Ti's always a little baffled by the remarks they make about always being watched.
>>
>>2286097
At least Van was persistent enough to make it!
>>
>>2286103
I'm sure Ada reined her in by throwing the one ring into mount doom. Although, funnier, I like to think of the possibility that Ti had a few girlfriends in high school(nameless ones) that were under Mi's nose. With or without Ada being aware.
>>
>>2286113
Ti can be grateful for that.
>>
>>2286115
One of the more successful ones achieved such success by going on the offense and trying to make nice with Mithril.
>>
>>2286121
Oh? How did that work out?
>>
>>2286123
Once or two odd compliments were fine, however she caught on much faster than Ti figured she would and eventually lead to a conversation. Mostly about how Mi wants Ti to be careful and that maybe she's overprotective. Led to the rather amusing sight of introducing said girl as her girlfriend and the fearful "parent" talk. Surprisingly, or not so surprisingly, that was from Adamantine.
>>
>>2286131
Ada and Mi are pretty cute together.
>>
AdaMi is even cuter when you consider how their height difference was even larger when they met.
>>
>>2287357

Was teen Mi wetting her panties while looking up to Ada towering over her?
>>
>>2287364
Yes.
>>
>>2287357
Teen Mi probably fainted when Ada scooped her up the first time in those strong arms of hers.
How tall was Mi when they met? I know Ada was pretty much done growing and stood at a solid 6'8"
>>
>>2287524
169cm, perhaps?
>>
>>2287537
Fits, especially if it's the start of secondary. I bet young drunk Mi was rather interesting for Ada. Probably had one time where drunk Mi, all bothered and hot, unabashedly asked Ada to please sit on her face.
>>
>>2287559
>With that size gap
Good thing Mi is tougher than she looks.
>>
>>2287581
Oh definitely, if only to reference the actual fantastical metal. In addition, I'm sure Mi was termed to get off on Ada's abs because of the height difference. Probably only achieved after some dedicated muscle worship.
>>
>>2287618
It's understandable why Ada fell for her.
>>
So which elements show jealousy oddly? Mithril is pretty typical although she seems to be at the more severe end. Either that or she stamps it down with a pre-emptive "strike." Silver seems to have a tinge of depression/self-deprecating when jealous. Mercury, doesn't have an in-depth example. Just that one time aliums apparently took Chloe and she destroyed their ship in what can only be a fit of anger.
>>
>>2287976
Thallium, while not jealous per se, went to go see Vanadium that one time.
>>
>>2287976

I'd say every element with a high degree of pride; Au springs to minds, and OBVIOUSLY Electrum would be very anxious whenever Iridos does sleepovers at Na's...not that she'd ever admit it

Nb also strikes me as someone who'd firery defend her territory, same as the NaK sisters and Tm

I could also Sr have occasional anxiety of Ca leaving her for youngsters
>>
>>2288216
Nb definitely with the whole siscon thing she had going on.
>>
>>2288231

She let a soldier conquer Ta's hillls...errr I meant heart, so she's not going to let her new MILF get taken away
>>
>>2288270
>Somewhere, Zr sneezes
>>
>>2288270
Well it's a good thing she's getting with the world's most content cougar
>>
Is Nb taller than Zr?
>>
>>2288302

Yes, by 11 juicy centimeters
>>
>>2288302
Yeah probably. Zr's only 5'4.6". Prime shortstack material.
>>
File: 1486318914643.png (135KB, 209x344px) Image search: [Google]
1486318914643.png
135KB, 209x344px
>>2288305
>>2288303
>>
>>2288305
>Plump shortstack MILF

Nb will love her not so tenderly
>>
>>2288307
Maybe she's the one who makes her an actual MILF.
>>
File: IfyouknowwhatImean.png (53KB, 244x285px) Image search: [Google]
IfyouknowwhatImean.png
53KB, 244x285px
>>2288309
>>
>>2288314
Just let her take a break every so often, Nb.
>>
>>2288309
>>2288316
>Nb ends up bearing their child and gets all pouty
>>
>>2288333
>"I wanted to see you pregnaaaaaaaaant!"
>>
>>2288334
>>2288333
Hf will have to make up for it via Ba.
>>
>>2288334
That leads to Zr hastily trying to get Nb from crying via putting a pillow under her shirt to show her the next best thing.
>>
>>2288389
>It makes Nb smile
>But also turns her on a little
>>
>>2288216
>who'd firery defend her territory, same as the NaK sisters
So does that mean Na is all demure and shy at first because she's new to jealousy? Then it ramps up and what not or does she just explode?
>>
>>2289127
Na doesn't seem like the exploding type, maybe she's more collected about it.
>>
>>2289127

Make advances at B in front of her and taste the wrath
>>
>>2289160
Would that surprise even K?
>>
>>2289162

Not at all, she knows her sister well

As for K, she would be like Na, but since N is pretty aloof to strangers, she didn't actually need to show her jealousy...but B being the social busybody she is, Na needs to mark her territory
>>
>>2289505
So does that mean Na will start giving B prominent hickies after they come out as a couple?
>>
>>2289529

Yes
Suddenly, B became very fond of turtlenecks
>>
>>2289537
Eventually, Na will realize that B's naturally flirty and knows she won't cheat.
>>
After all those years of pent up energy, it's hard to blame Na of being overzealous.
>>
File: Homes.png (12KB, 975x181px) Image search: [Google]
Homes.png
12KB, 975x181px
I found something I forgot I began to do back when we were discussing the city: a list of the various homes of the characters

It's only a few ideas
>>
>>2289696
Gold's has a few more occupants these days, hah.
>>
>>2289827
Indeed, good thing she lives in such a big place.
>>2289696
Wouldn't Auris Estate sound better? Carbon probably has a nice upscale house but nothing huge like the big names. Iron probably has a modest apartment. Also ThU place, maybe there's some equivalent in Paris/London if only because of the canal parallel
>>
>>2289841
Carbon lives near the center of the city, IIRC, right?
>>
>>2289857
I'd say works near the center, not so much lives there. Considering she probably got her parents' place in their wills she's probably living in her childhood home.
>>
>>2289865
That could work.
>>
>>2289827

Well it does need some dusting off and fleshing out

>>2289841

Auris palace then, estate doesn't sound aristocratic enough

I imagine C with one of these: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%C3%B4tel_particulier
>>
>>2289899
Dang, that might be a little much for Carbon and Steel alone. Wouldn't she want to downsize a little?
>>
>>2289899
I suppose it would depend on the size of the thing and where it is.
>>2289903
If the will idea actually holds up, then Carbon could've grown up in such a place and maybe in her inheritance her parents left enough money for her to safely hire on some help in keeping everything orderly while she raised Steel and went to Uni. Cause let's be real, timeline-wise her old fossils most likely died while she was a year or two into Uni. Also let's not forget that if she did indeed grow up in such a place Silicon was there as well. Whether Silicon is there now or has her own place is another matter.
>>
>>2289906
Silicon definitely has her own place, yes.
>>
>>2289907
For the best. Although considering the number of people, Carbon could potentially have for the holidays it might work best to have a moderately big house.
>>
>>2289918
True, she is going to host those parties where both Iron are there.
>>
>>2289955
Iron and W*
>>
>>2289955
Having a house big enough to have separate wings is probably a good idea if W gets too caught up in her anger about Iron.
>>
>>2290838
So she can cool off with help from Ta?
>>
>>2290934
Maybe not in that method Te. She'd probably get a talking to if she was uncivil enough to get sent to the westwing. She's going to have to get used to word battles.
>>
>>2290940
Poor Iron doesn't even know why this woman keeps staring at her.
>>
>>2290943
She probably has some idea. She is pretty sharp after all.
>>
>>2290954
True. Of course, she would rather stay in bed with C, parties are less her style.
>>
>>2290940

W knows how to keep things within words, even if those are only stern words
>>
>>2291540
What does Steel think of all this?
>>
>>2291573

Does she notice? W wouldn't want to do anything in front of her
>>
>>2291586
That's a good point, true.
>>
>>2291586
It wouldn't really have to be in front of her, considering Carbon's house. Not like Steel couldn't pick up on her mood after the first one considering W was not as lively. Probably. The concert kept her sufficiently distracted that she didn't pick up on it the first time. At a gathering Steel would eventually pick up something's off even if it's just W not being as lively as she normally is.

Now to be fair to W, I do like to think that given enough time between Ta and C she'd become cordial with Iron. At first only for Steel's sake but then perhaps realizing she's being unduly resentful/spiteful after Carbon tells her some things. Like something about Iron wanting to help or whatever, or just Carbon telling W to try looking at it from the view point of a scared teen girl.
>>
>>2291771
W'll come around eventually, thankfully.
>>
>>2291771

But it's in W's characterization that she's so emotionally tough that she expects others to live up to it

I see that tension will build up between her and Fe (especially since Fe is garbage at dealing with things head on), until Steel and C notice and do something about it
>>
>>2291806
That might be the point where C steps in and talks to/explains things to her.
>>
>>2291806
And that's true, it's more I think her grudge is slightly off. If it was more what you said then she'd probably be disdainful of Iron for not being as tough and not view her favorable.
On the other hand, I think we're also not giving Iron credit for her toughness since the majority of that situation dealt with her continued weakness. Weakness that influenced a decision she made while in her teens. However, yes the continued avoidance and occasionally watching from the sidelines doesn't really give much credit.
>>
Gold and Silver.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/8500270/chapters/22888146
>>
>>2291830
Cute, I bet teen Gold is adorable when pouting.
>>
>>2291839
Silver definitely thought so!
>>
>>2291830
So this has got me thinking about AuAg. Did Copper literally get Gold's metaphorical blue blood when she was born?
>>
>>2292779
How so?
>>
>>2292867
Hemocyanin are proteins that transport oxygen through the body of some creatures. Usually invertebrates. The difference between hemoglobin and hemocyanin, is that while one has iron in the protein(globin) the other has copper(cyanin). In relation to hemolymph and hemocyanin, the blood/protein gets a blueish appearance when oxygenated because of the copper. Horseshoe crabs are probably the most well-known example of blue blood outside of some insects that have hemolymph.
>>
>>2292874
That would be a cute nod, and it could probably work with the context alone. Either way.
>>
>>2292879
The world builder in me says it might be harder but considering the lack of potential blood spillage it could definitely work. Plus considering she's a nerd not much would change. It also opens up the doors for jokes between Cu and Elect about how Copper got Mama's blue blood while she didn't.
>>
>>2292883
There are other unique attributes too along the lines of that, like certain characters glowing, or their hair color changing, etc.
>>
>>2292886
That's a good point, I shouldn't think so hard on it since it'd just amount to her having some degree of respiratory problems. Though I suppose the bigger question would be, do the B&B twins also get it?
>>
>>2292887
Hmmm, perhaps they might.
>>
>>2292886

Don't forget Chromium's colorful way of showing emotions
>>
>>2292887
After thinking about it, it should be unique to Cu, basically as a small visual joke if she were to ever get a nosebleed or something.
>>
>>2293176
Is she quite reflective of the group mood?
>>2293372
Good point, though a nosebleed wouldn't be the only thing. Her blush would be different.
>>
>>2293393
>her blush
That might be a bit much, it doesn't need to make perfect sense after all.
>>
>>2293409
True then again, considering the color it might be not as evident as a normal blush. It's not exactly frostbite blue/oxygen-deprived blue either.
>>
>>2293413
It's definitely an interesting idea.
>>
>>2293393
>Is she quite reflective of the group mood?

Her own, expect her to be noticeably red when angry or embarrassed, blue when sad? green when disgusted or purple when horrified

The intensity of the hue being proportional to the intensity of her emottion
>>
>>2294498
Helpful for some of the denser elements. If Scandium glowed every time she was around Al things wouldn't have taken so long.
>>
>>2294509
implying

>Oh Sandy you're very glowing today, you look like a maiden in love!
>Wha...? Oh um, no, I MEAN YES, very much indeed!
>Well I'm rooting for you! I'm sure the girl you want won't be able to resist that glow!
>...
>>
>>2294642
Is there anyone denser than Al?
>>
>>2294650

Pt
>>
File: 1480741464610.png (139KB, 651x495px) Image search: [Google]
1480741464610.png
139KB, 651x495px
>>2294738
Of course.
>>
>>2294498
I didn't think chrome went into mood rings
>>2294642
Th
>>
>>2294810
How dense is Th?
>>
>>2294811
She's way further down in the chart than Al, makes Th heavier and denser than Al on that alone. :^)
>>
>>2294814
Don't underestimate Al, for a lightweight she's surprisingly denser than most.
>>
>>2294509
>>2294642
Imagine the new side Scandi would see if Al and her went out for drinks. Al would also learn her assistant can drink her under the table. It's them fruity drinks Scandi likes.
>>
What would Sc call Al once they're dating? Aly?
>>
>>2295442

Baux?
>>
>>2295446
Sounds nice, could work.
>>
>>2295446
Does she say "Baux, baux, the plane." when they get together and she still needs to do her job?
>>
Maybe Baux would be Sc's private cutesy name for her.
>>
>>2295455

Yes, since Allie is already Be's nickname for her
>>
>>2295494
Ah! That works out well, then.
>>
Here's a proposal, or at least a topic for discussion: What if Mg and Mn were switched? As in, LiMg and BeMn. Was never sold on LiMn.
>>
>>2296051
>Was never sold on LiMn.
So were you sold on BeMg?
>>
>>2296118
Not in particular; there really wasn't much established about either couple.
>>
>>2296129

Well BeMg already have some hints written about it

IRL, even if LiMg alloys exist, it's Be that's is present in Magnox,

But my biggest gripe with it is characterization; Li is serious and down to earth (heh) and wouldn't start dating someone at 47 if she didn't have already a history with that person...and Mn is way ahead on this. And it's not just the matter of Li, but her daughters too; Mn is already close to K (because Potassium permanganate), it's a very important bond and I really doubt Mg would have a good chemistry with K...or even Li to begin with
>>
>>2296227
>>2296129
Mg and Mn could do with some development in their own lives. They've both been developed in relation to other people. Specifically Al and FeC. It would be nice to know or piece together how Mn knows K and Li. Mg could also make due with filling out a friend list or some such along side her relationship with Mn.
>>
>>2296227
Hmm, that does complicate the idea slightly. Still, though, as to the last point, and keeping in mind Li's serious nature, it could almost be the opposite: it's hard to imagine Li reacting to Mn's personal issues with anything but apathy, like, "it's been how many years? Get over yourself." Li wouldn't have the interest or patience to indulge in Mn's grudges, and that's why the two of them never really made sense to me.

With a little tweaking, LiMg could be a fitting substitute...Mg is like Mn in many ways, enough to fit any specific circumstances, at least. On the contrary, she could be the new thing that changes up Li's life and spurs her to make a change for the better. It's also further supported by this neat concept (as you can see, LiMg are the featured example): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diagonal_relationship
Plus you get things like
-Boron's reaction
-And it means that Li and K are both dating women who are the same age

It's enough to warrant thought, IMO. Either way, >>2296238 is prudent as well.
>>
Oh, and wouldn't it just be the cutest if Li, during an intimate moment while they were together in bed, referred to Mg as "Maggie"?
>>
>>2296263
>Hmm, that does complicate the idea slightly. Still, though, as to the last point, and keeping in mind Li's serious nature, it could almost be the opposite: it's hard to imagine Li reacting to Mn's personal issues with anything but apathy, like, "it's been how many years? Get over yourself." Li wouldn't have the interest or patience to indulge in Mn's grudges, and that's why the two of them never really made sense to me.

But Mn wouldn't bring up herpersonal issues to Li, she knows better than that
>>
>>2296263
Like the anon above me said, it would probably be a bit out of place considering Mn doesn't know Li well enough at y0 to even broach the subject. Everything talked about paints them getting together when Li's closer to fifty, so like in a year or two. By then the FeC situation will be well on it's way to getting resolved and perhaps be one of the key motivators in Mn actually branching out in her life and getting to know the Alkali family.
Now that's not to say that Li couldn't also have some relationship with Mg all things considered. Outside of PuNpU, there's not exactly many cousins and considering how Mn/Mg's intertwined history I wouldn't be surprised if they were raised as sisters despite being cousins. Like fraternal sisters or what not. Although if you switch Mg to Li, then you leave Be unless you got an explanation for why Mn gets with Be.
Not like Be couldn't call Mg Maggie.
>>
>>2296443
She would have to eventually, though...

>>2296460
...that's a good point. The main thing is, if such a change were to happen now would be the time to do it, before any of this is established.

Be could be introduced to Mn though Mg, or though work connections. As she's a little more animated and energetic, she would be more apt to deal with Mn's temper and help her deal with it. All things considered, Mg seems more mature than Mn despite her age and Li would take note of that.

Seriously, Boron's reaction would be priceless. It would make Mg her...step-mother-in-law? There's a lot of potential here.

It's less cute if it isn't Li showing her soft side!
>>
>>2296579
>She would have to eventually, though...

Why? She might be Li's right arm and a K magnet, but that doesn't mean she'd bring up the FeC situation to them. If anything, she would get out of her way to hide what's affecting her around the Alkalis

>Mg seems more mature than Mn

I'm not sure about that at all
>>
>>2296591
As a couple these things would eventually be discussed, no?

That might just be because Mg has comparatively less development, but still, she's not the one who fought with her former best friend for years over things that happened when they were teens.

Even factoring out the FeC thing, Mn's personally and Li's don't seem that compatible.
>>
>>2296593
personality*
>>
>>2296579
>>2296591
>>2296593
What exactly is Mn's position and occupation? Hell even her relation to Li. As far as I'm aware, she's just kinda doing something on her own and her connection to the alkali's is either in the future or scientific. Nothing in setting, unless I missed a oneshot or something.
Now to be fair to Mn, as shown before, the FeC situation brought out Mn's abrasive side because of how she thought Iron should resolve it. That is almost entirely within her own little circle and probably only felt when regarding Iron and or Iron's response to the situation. We gotta remember that was when she was a teenage going into a young adult. She's what? In her thirties now? She probably mellowed out, sure she might have her energy and what not but she most likely got a better hand on her abrasiveness. She would kinda have to unless she struck it big in business in some manner that allowed her to be an ass regularly.

You>>2296579, also gotta remember that Li's whole romance would be showing her soft-side no matter who it's with.
>>
>>2296595
That does make sense. It's an issue of there being too few details at the current moment, yeah. That and LiMn just seeming like pairing up who was left.

So, does LiMg still have a chance?
>>
>>2296599
>Have a chance
Maybe, iirc it was largely speculation and a bit of science considering the battery connection with Li and Mn. I mean there's certainly a case to be made for LiMg and it would still allow Mn to be close to K when K returns considering she'd effectively be an aunt. You have to consider that Be and Mn would be pair-less then and they'd have to be adequately dealt with. One of the things with the current pairings is that all the elements except the robots are all paired up currently.
>>
>>2296593
>As a couple these things would eventually be discussed, no?

By then the FeC situation would've been resolved

>>2296595

Mn is an Alkali employee and it was discussed that she had a place like Ni has within Ferric.
Plus she's also linked on a more personal way to the Alkali family through K

>>2296599
>So, does LiMg still have a chance?

I'm against it, mainly because Mn is much closer to the family than Mg is (and likewise, Mg is much closer to Be than Mn is)
>>
>>2296602
LiMg actually has a use in batteries too, for the record.

In this scenario, Be and Mn would end up with each other. It might just be baseless speculation, but they seem like they would go well together, with Be able (and willing) to handle Mn's more abrasive side (even though she mellows out, which is a good detail). She handled Al, after all. Be and Mn can both be pretty fiery.

Either way Mn gets more fleshed out, which is good.
>>
>>2296603
That's true. It might and probably would come up, though, at some point.

The only thing about all those details is that they don't exist beyond the original conception. So, even without really changing them, there isn't much in the way holding LiMg and BeMn back. All that needs to happen is there's new details.
>>
>>2296606
>there isn't much in the way holding LiMg and BeMn back

Why need to change it? Mn has much more of a connection with the Alkalis already
>>
>>2296603
>Mn is an Alkali employee and it was discussed that she had a place like Ni has within Ferric.
Okay yeah I don't remember that which is more on me. Considering the battery connection it might've been suggested based on that, now considering what we know of her since she's being the topic, I'm not quite sure if a PA to Li would work best. Maybe something more like Nb within Ferric would be more fitting or B within Silice. However, that might hamper her connection with K unless K got mad and was wandering around the company during a lunch hour and ran into Mn. Mn, knowing how to handle anger being older and well getting into explosive fights with her cousin, might help K initially calm down and then the friendship builds from there. She's kind of viewed as that weird older lady that seems to know anger. Perhaps, in K's mind.

Which might actually work towards the relationship advantage because Li might be wandering around one day when K's back and visiting and see she's catching up with an employee. Slight regret sting aside about not knowing how her daughter befriended an employee, Li begins to keep tabs on said friend until eventually K catches wind and introduces them.
>>2296604
Yes the battery thing has been re-established well enough. As for Mn mellowing out, I can honestly see that being more of a result of Zinc, Mg, and maybe another of her own friends or something she picked up in Uni/while working.
>>
>>2296609
It's basically just that I never really liked LiMn for reasons that were, in light of this discussion, admittedly hasty and shortsighted, but on the other hand thinking about LiMg revealed a lot of really interesting (and sometimes downright delicious) implications that seem to have a lot of potential, at least enough to bring it up.
>>
>>2296610
For example, all that would need to happen here is for Mn to say, "by the way, Li, have you ever met Mg?" and Li's all "my heart hasn't raced like this is years." Which allows Mn to retain her position and influence as well.
>>
>>2296610

I would imagine Mn's connection with K as well established, and already quite ancient, given that the Alkalis live "on site". Given K's character, I would definitely see a younger K get really attached to a young Mn debuting in the company, like when Mn was 20 and K 9
>>
>>2296611
What implications? Li's soft side and Mg being called Mags/Maggie is easily doable without them being paired together. Boron being slightly flustered over parental hierarchy wouldn't really happen I think. Considering she's in her twenties, had a mother, and is adult enough to know it's just for legal matters. Na and K would be more likely to be bothered by Li getting together with someone around B's age. WEll K more than Na.

>>2296615
That would be cute, though I feel that would really involve extrapolating Mn's position within the company. Does she run the equivalent of the company's energy department perhaps consider the on-site nature of the corporation or maybe something with computers to give a tangential nod to the battery thing. Her debuting makes it sound like she was a rising star when I think that would kinda work against Mn's image. Well at least the implied attention/notoriety of being such.
>>
>>2296618
They don't need to be negative reactions. Seeing Boron's reaction at all would be interesting. She dated Mg once, after all.

When you have the fact that both mother and daughter are seeing women who are the same age, K's reaction could be more of surprise. Like, "wait, what? Mother isn't the frozen old woman I thought?" Plus by that time Mg would be 30~.
>>
>>2296621
I suppose that's fair, though I think we're forgetting. Mn and Mg were historically considered the same thing until sometime later with a simple word addition separating the magnetic Mg and non-magnetic Mn. It allows for ample opportunity to have B confusing Mn with Mg. Something which might not have happened since they were in school.
Imagine; NaB go to the Alkali estate for a family dinner. Everything's going well, K even brought her tall doctor along. Then Li comes out to the dining hall with a girl in tow and B's rather shocked. She hadn't expected to run into Mg again though the look K is sending her mom is weird. Goes to say "hi" thinking it's her old ex and gets an odd look in response and begins to wonder what's up. Starts asking stuff and then Mn introduces herself and explains B mistook her for her sister(cousin). Despite some minor egg on her face everything works out.
B gets a rather prominent hickey during the night since she let slip Mg was an ex in talking with Mn.
>>
>>2296618

I see her debuting like B did with Silice, then K sort of dragged her in the Alkali inner circle and with time became Li's PA and woman of confidence

>>2296621

B would get used to it quite quickly

As for K, she wouldn't care much and that'd be the problem; Mg's step-daughters would be pretty apathetic about her, whereas Mn would've already be close to them

Also I don't really see Li going for someone that she just met recently
>>
>>2296624
Shit, that is pretty good. It's a hard choice. If it really was Mg, B might end up with more than just a hickey.

If either LiMg happens or LiMn starts to make more sense, there really isn't a downside.
>>
>>2296627
Mhm, those are all things that can be worked out, I feel. All that would need to happen is Mg finds a way to connect to her step daughters, which could be a compelling plot. As small as the other details like Boron are, at least it's something, adding to the situation.

That's definitely a fair point about Li, but is it possible that Mg could be the new element she hadn't even realized she was missing in her life?
>>
>>2296631
>Mhm, those are all things that can be worked out, I feel. All that would need to happen is Mg finds a way to connect to her step daughters, which could be a compelling plot.

That's a lot of effort when Mn just works better from the get go

>That's definitely a fair point about Li, but is it possible that Mg could be the new element she hadn't even realized she was missing in her life?

We already have these kind of romance, I really want Li to be different than that
>>
>>2296640
Okay, fair enough. Really, both outcomes are acceptable. Mn still needs a lot of work!
>>
>>2296627
Debuting via merit seems more fitting. I'd like to add that she shows pride in a quiet manner. Being the older cousin/sister, the FeC situation, and being the 12th most abundant element in earth's crust caused her to not like the spotlight. She might and does take pride in her achievements but she doesn't like broadcasting them. She'd much rather have a group success than solo success.
>>2296640
>>2296631
Adding onto this. I think playing up the magnetism in Mg would be interesting. Not an opposites attracted thing but rather it causes Li and Mg to repel minutely. Like any sort of extended time where it's just those two, alone, causes them to grate on each other's nerves. So while they might become good friends, they would go deeper because they're too different.

Overall this has made me want Li to be a shy dom when she and Mg get into kinks.
>>
>>2296650
They wouldn't go deeper.
Christ I'm off to bed.
>>
>>2296650
This would be the perfect time for a blushing Carbon, too bad it's already been posted.
>>
>>2296650
You meant LiMn for the shy dom thing, right?
>>
>>2296650
>Overall this has made me want Li to be a shy dom when she and Mg get into kinks.

Eh, I'd imagine Li as pretty vanilla in bed, but one that leads the way
>>
>>2296668
Fitting.
>>
>>2296668
Yeah, it's not like she'd ever touch on hard stuff. Hardest thing would probably be a blind fold or handcuffs. This is on top of the fact that Li most likely prefers snuggling at her age than sex.
>>
Po will be happy for Li once she finally finds someone.
>>
File: sss.png (165KB, 557x583px) Image search: [Google]
sss.png
165KB, 557x583px
Pb best girl
>>
>>2297009
Looking good! Tin can't resist that disheveled style.
>>
So what's the history of Mn and Mg? Did their family migrate a few generations back or have they always been around? Do they have a mother figure that watched over them and is in their twilight years or just an ancestor considering the history of the two is ripe for giving them an ancestor.

>>2297009
Nice pic, always nice to see Pb. Shame she's not standing next to a shelf for height perspective.
>>
>>2297051
It's also possible they both grew up in different households that were simply nearby one another. Of course, there could still be an ancestor figure.
>>
>>2297073
Well with the whole cousin thing both are likely. Especially if they lived within biking distance. Ancestor works better, and allows for fun speculation about how they both descended from the same ancestor, Magnes(ia)/Manganesum. I also didn't realize it but Magnesium being the younger of the two is also a nice touch of their history.
>>
>>2297081
Means Mn can give her helpful advice too.
>>
>>2296914

Li is a pretty reserved person all around, and I like to think Mn likes that about her especially after years of being on the receiving end of C's sexual hunger

>>2297009

tin_melter.png
>>
>>2297268
All that peace and quiet would hopefully be a welcome change for Mn.
>>
>>2297268
Poor girl's probably grateful for the reprieve of Iron reappearing and Carbon going after her.
Imagine if Li got her pregnant, they could call their daughter Bunny as a nickname.
>>
>>2297301
>Iron reappearing
It's what she's been hoping for all along, after all.
>>
>>2297305
This is true. Oh man, Carbon won't be prepared for adult Iron not knowing how to intentionally flirt, doing it unintentionally, and then being all sweet without realizing it.
>>
>>2297309
Terne is really going to have be hands full with that.
>>
>>2297310
her*
>>
>>2297310
Wait, I accidentally read that as Steel. Like mother like daughter, I guess.
>>
>>2297310
>>2297313
Well I mean you're not wrong. Carbon probably gets lost in her fiery passion that boils from ust pressure throughout the week. Kind of eventually just told Steel in vague terms to try and make herself scarce during the daytime on weekends if she's staying over for a visit. Steel probably uses the time to be with Terne or catch up with Tc/Electrum. Steel being maybe just a partially bit oblivious because she's never seen her mom truly wrapped up in passion passes it off and walks in on them.
>>
>>2297316
The first night Carbon spends with Iron after she returns will probably be the first time she's really been satisfied in years. Iron goes to mention something to her and she's fast asleep.
>>
>>2297323
Well now let's be fair. Mn probably comes close with all her experience and then there's the CPS threesome. W too in the beginning. Oddly I see the CW part as this weird time stopped honey moon phase until W gets more involved with the military. Where whenever W has leave, her and C are super romantic and picturesque and they're passionate for the first part. Then time drags on and passion starts to wane and W's off to the military again starting the cycle over. Eventually leading to a period where W gets extended leave for an injury or something and allows them to complete the honey moon phase and realize that something's off or something would have to change if they were to be more serious.
>>
>>2297327

Actually, W met C during her injury leave and broke up when she resumed service

Also, I think C has always been satisfied sexually, I would even believe things would've gone somewhere with W if the military hadn't gotten in the way
>>
>>2297327
W does stand a better chance of handling what C can dish out, but that's probably how she'd end up spraining her wrist in the first place.

slycobalt.jpg
>>
>>2297330
Did she? I thought that was more how TaW got cemented. I suppose them actually getting introduced needs to be worked out sometime since it's probably when C's in uni or in the middle of Uni.
However, yeah C's probably been satisfied most of the time. That's not to say her limit hasn't raised between each lover.
>>
Does Mn have a hair color yet?
>>
>>2297532
Not that I know of. I was gonna suggest blonde like Mg to follow up on the idea of them being similar enough to be mistaken for sisters. Upon looking at the mineral though, I feel she should have black hair since it's more fitting and there's not many that have black hair. Her eyes would fit best if they were magenta or pinkish purple considering the hue it produces in glass making
>>
>tfw there will never be anything like this for the particle zoo
"It's not like I want to be bonded with you, neutron-chan! I just had some leftover strong nuclear force, that's all! S-stupid fermion!"
>>
>>2297794
That would be rather appropriate for her, gives a nice contrast with Zinc too.
>>
>>2297340

TaW got cemented afterwards, Ta watched W in C's arms during two years, but got her after she recovered and got back in the military

>>2297332

How many "combat marks" did Ta witness during routine examinations, thinking "I wish I was the one who did it"?

>>2297794

Would Mg be platinum blonde?
>>
>>2297891
>Mg being platinum blonde
Perhaps. It's naturally gray-white from the looks of it, so maybe she adds in the blonde color with dyes or what not.
>WC
With the time frame their little relationship happens and what not, it sounds like Carbon and Wolfram got together when W got back from her first tour. Can't exactly be earlier because of their age difference and the fact that Steel was, maybe, possibly, four to six years old at the earliest but then W most likely would've been in boot camp or just out of high school if Steel was four.
>>
>>2297909

When Steel was 4, W was 18, and when Steel was 6, W was 20 which is better

I don't see Fe leaving the moment Steel was born; I give her 2 years, making 4 years between Fe and W for C
>>
>>2297911
>I don't see Fe leaving the moment Steel was born
Everything concerning Iron paints her to be leaving probably within the same year that Steel was born. Especially with the fact that she effectively went to "study abroad" for the last two years of her education.
On the WC side, though Steel being six works nice since it would've meant W was around for her starting primary and being there for a big moment or two in Steel's life to cement her presence as a parental figure.
>>
>>2297909
>Mg
So, if it isn't natural she would have started dying her hair when she was a teen, maybe?
>>
>>2297957
I should amend my suggestion. The platinum blonde works but if she dyes it, it's to bring out the blonde more. Making her hair more white-blonde and then dyed blonder.
>>
>>2297975
That works.
>>
>>2297920

That works; Steel is 1 when Fe leave, is 6 to 8 when W dates C

Also please stop saying WC

When does Mn gets involved in C's bed? before or after W?
>>
>>2298014
>Steel is 1
I was thinking in terms of months when I made that post. Like maybe three months at the latest. Especially with what was used/said in the fic and Iron's age at the time.
>Mn and C
Now that's strange. CMn's relationship has always kind of been hinted at as more of when they're both not seeing any one they'll get together for sex. So Mn was definitely around Steel pretty frequently but maybe not consistently? Unless something changed between Carbon seeing Chrome and when Carbon had a relationship with Nickel.
>>
>>2298014
Heh.

Presumably after W.
>>
>>2298029

Brings the question of what C was doing during the first 5 years, waiting for Fe?
>>
>>2298101
Reconnecting with Silicon and sorting through life's challenges.
>>
>>2298102

Fits in well, also might be the period she got involved with PS
>>
>>2298112
>might be the period she got involved with PS
Now that's debatable. Considering everything we know about Carbon's life, PS feels like it happened after W and or Mo-chan. Cause you got taking care of babby Steel, Silicon coming back, starting Uni, and then in a year or two her parents dieing then Silicon helping her get her feet on the ground while juggling a child and courses. Acourse she could've always lucked out in the will and with budgeting skills that allowed her to stay afloat through Uni.
>>
>>2298118

Steel is born when C is 18 and Fe's still around until C hits 19, then Si returns and it isn't before C is 24 that W enterns the picture, it's the perfect time for C to meet S at the uni for instance

Because after the break up with W, it's the harem era with Mo, Ni, Ti and Cr
>>
>>2298151
So she would be around 21?
>>
>>2298151
>Fe's still around until C hits 19,
Only thing that's iffy
>>
>>2298297
At that point C is busy dealing with Fe leaving /finishing school until Si reunites with her, so either technically works.
>>
>>2298308
Might then be better to frame Iron's leaving with School ending instead of some count down to when C's 19. Especially since we don't have birthdates hammered out.
>>
>>2298333
Or shortly before, even.
>>
>>2298350
Very likely if Carbon dun did her deed during the middle of school year so Steel's birth was during the summer break or shortly after it.
The thread should probably hammer out Steel's birthday if only to help line things up for her parents.
>>
>>2298365
So, Iron was probably 15 when Steel was conceived, right?
>>
>>2298368
Let's say a solid sixteen. That's been one of the more consistent things about FeC's early years. That they were two years apart and Iron was sixteen when Steel was birthed. Could be that the conception happened rather quickly after Iron's birthday. Like within a month's time.
>>
>>2298372
Sure, that works.

On a related note, how would Carbon have initially reacted? Has that been discussed?
>>
>>2298378
There was mention in a fic, though that was Iron remember how Carbon acted during the pregnancy. So nothing directly from Carbon, though I'd wager a guess and say that she was excited but in a teen way, if that makes sense. That it probably didn't really hit her until Steel's birth and Iron's disappearance. It didn't completely register until she had to take care of her daughter because it was something exciting and then she had to split her attention between social stuff and school stuff that included setting up Uni.

The situation, overall, is rather indicative of how life altering pregnancy can be, especially if it's unplanned. At least that's my thoughts regarding it and how it's been built up.
>>
>>2298382
Ah, I'll have to reread that.

Iron must have really had it rough, even with Carbon's support.
>>
>>2298386
Iron's roughness came more from living on her own and being emancipated as an adult. I'm sure in any other scenario she would've been fine with having Steel but a relatively shaky life situation coupled with the pregnancy was too much for teen Iron. I think one of the unsaid things that hasn't been extrapolated on, was that Carbon's parents weren't really fond of Iron.
>>
>>2298428
Is that so? Poor Fe. Even with more stability it would have still been tough for her, I'd imagine. It probably would have turned out better though, yeah.
>>
>>2298434
>Is that so?
Yep, there's scant few details regarding non-elemental parents outside of them being used as plot elements. Most likely from how the threads tend to avoid parents. This was like back before the threads expanded to the rest of the table. There was also some idea floating around that Gold's parents were lukewarm to Silver because she's nouveau-riche in their eyes. The latest parent thing was concerning Mithril since Ada's CO was one of Mithril's parents.
>>
>>2298461
Makes me think that it would be cute to see when Steel tells Fe and C that she's more than friends with Terne.
>>
>>2298463
I don't think Fe will have anything to really say given the situation. Carbon might make a self-deprecating remark about how "At least Terne didn't use cuddle with you as if she was a cat."
>>
>>2298558
Fe might be a little surprised, and she shyly says something to C like, "But isn't she still so young?" which makes C laugh.
>>
>>2298620
I'd like to think Fe is a little more self-aware, though that's not to say she would try to be sure Steel is practicing safe sex. Much to Steel's potential embarrassment and Carbon's mirth. Iron would definitely be surprised that she's involved though, especially if Terne tries to win her over since she "won" over Carbon while growing up
>>
File: C-hronology.png (18KB, 554x841px) Image search: [Google]
C-hronology.png
18KB, 554x841px
Since the C situation has so many involvements, I thought of making a chart (AGAIN) to keep track of it

Pic related is how I see it

On an unrelated note, the next thread will be the 20th one, counting the original hijacked Silver/Gold thread
>>
>>2298627
She probably is, and probably would.

Terne must get the from Tin.

>>2298777
This is very helpful, but one thing to note: C's relation to P and S was more of a one time event, just a single threesome.
>>
>>2298851
>This is very helpful, but one thing to note: C's relation to P and S was more of a one time event, just a single threesome.

Well about that, It was mentioned as a threesome back then, when the CLASS-M was just thought as a harem with on-off relationships, but with C's history progressively thought about (now just now; it actually began with flonium's profile), I'm proposing to do more with P and S than what it was originally planned. Something like an friends-with-benefit type of thing, at least on C's side, and S and P would let her a hand in her life with Steel (Steel being an infant, they wouldn't have a significant influence)
>>
>>2298874
Hmmm, it doesn't really go with how P and S get together after the 3-way: them realizing they actually mutually like each other whereas C was just a spur of the moment sexual thing, not something that P or S would want to continue, especially once they have each other.
>>
>>2298777
>SiGe is born
Well I guess that settles the matter and Iron getting back, is that in their lives or couplewise? The former kinda probably happens in y0 unless she meets Steel after the new year
>>
>>2298887

As I said, more of a friends with benefits thing, which for PS brought more serious feelings on the table, but they would still be happy to let C join in

>>2298905

Well in the fic it was still quite cold, so the meeting most likely happened on the beginning of the year
>>
>>2299084
I just don't see P and S going for that.
>>
>>2299099

But that was basically the entire original threesome idea
>>
>>2299102
That's one thing, but continuing it over a period of time is different.
>>
>>2299103

Two years, give or take, is not that much of a period of time, especially a friends with benefits thing can go on for a period of time without needing to evolve or needing strong motivations. It only takes C and S being roommates, and that habit has become an implicit temporarily statu quo none of them had a reason to break until some real development happened, like C finishing uni and beginning her professional life
>>
>>2299116
To be honest I think that sort of needlessly complicates it too much. It kind of totally changes the dynamic between P and S, in that they were fine with involving C in their sexual life for an extensive period of their early relationship, and that the only reason it changed was because C moved on and not the other way around. There simply being a single threesome, for whatever reason, after which P and S become a couple of their own explains it all perfectly fine and also better illustrates C's predicament: that she never really has anything permanent after Fe (and also, to an extent, W). The whole "triple friends with benefits that becomes and actual couple" is already later used with C too, and to better effect, plus there's already an actual threeway romantic relationship in the setting. And I don't feel it fits the personality of P and S, or at least the trajectory they're on; S in particular would probably be embarrassed about that night (but happy she met P because of it).

TL;DR it was fine the way it was.
>>
>>2299128

I don't see how that changes things much; it still ends with PS forming a relationship after both being involved in C, I also don't see why S would be particularly embarrassed about it
>>
>>2299135
There's a huge difference between an emotionless, done-for-physical-pleasure threesome and multiple years of an open relationship-type triple friends with benefits situation. It's the difference between a single, spur of the moment decision and an entire lifestyle. It has vastly different implications. S in a kind of down-to-earth person, and while it's perfectly reasonable to think she would make that first choice, while younger, it's more of a stretch to assume the second.
>>
>>2299136

It's not a lifestyle, and it's not a long period of time either. You say "multiple years", but two years during uni is not long in the grand scheme of things

Plus a plain threesome wouldn't be very interesting in itself, unless C had the habit to sleep around during that time
>>
>>2299139
Well, it technically is multiple years.

What's not interesting about a single threesome, or rather, why does it need to be more complex? Does that necessarily make it more interesting? Threesomes happen. I think the implications of it are actually more interesting; it indicates that S (and P) was once the type who, for whatever reason, went for it. Maybe it was for stress relief. That illustrates S well.

The heart of the matter is that just because a person chose to have a purely physical situation with two women they're not romantically involved with for one night doesn't mean they'd be okay doing so on a longer term basis, as in casually fucking a third woman, while already in an established romantic relationship. Especially when such similar situations are already happening elsewhere in the setting.
>>
>>2299142
>The heart of the matter is that just because a person chose to have a purely physical situation with two women they're not romantically involved with for one night doesn't mean they'd be okay doing so on a longer term basis

That is the case of C, though
>>
>>2299275
Yeah, for C. But not P or S. Plus C wasn't the one in a burgeoning romantic relationship at the time.
>>
C also doesn't need a room at Uni. Not real sure what P was doing there but of the three, S was most likely the one with the dorm room.
>>
>>2299382
Good point.
>>
>>2299292

That does imply that C was having lots of sexual adventures and that PS was just one of them
>>
>>2299443
That's definitely a possibility.
>>
So why not just have PS teetering at the edge of trying a relationship when their threesome with C happens? They use the excuse of sexual compatibility with each other as the reason to actually see one another while C gets shuffled into being a class mate of S'?
>>2299443
>>2299448
Sounds more like Fluorine then, Carbon strikes me as more of a huge flirt than an actual don bonita. Most every relationship she had involved some degree of familiarity with the paramour, with PS being the only ones that weren't familiar.
>>
>>2299456

I thought of a relationship of some form with PS as to avoid a F situation, to have a more emotional connection; if there's no connection, I don't really see a needy C having a threesome out of nowhere while otherwise not having anything else for 3 years
>>
>>2299456
It actually works pretty well if it's the first time P and S had met, because they don't really have a reason to know each other beforehand. Neither P nor S were looking for love, that's why they did it in the first place; just for fun. From that they are surprised to see they end up having feelings for one another, not that anyone could have predicted it.

Maybe P was in the city studying agriculture or something, but it definitely wasn't a permanent residence. By the time Tl is a young girl she already has her farm well established.

As for C, maybe it was just that her flirting lead from one thing to another with the proactive P and responsive S who weren't really looking for anything, so it's less that she landed two girls at once and more of a mutual thing. It's also possible she went through a small experimental period.
>>
>>2299457
Eh, it's not really a huge stretch for C to do that once. It was a while ago and just because we don't know the details doesn't mean there weren't any, or that it needs to be expanded upon. It's been fine having it so far.
>>
>>2299457
I think that's more from trying to place it right at the start of C's uni years and trying to make C out to be super needy. I'd argue that her priorities would've dramatically shifted to the point that until things with Steel settled into a more manageable routine, Carbon would've went rather straight laced. In addition to that, out of all of her relationships SCP is the one outlier out of all of them. TiC comes close but that was always framed as a weak moment. Meanwhile, PS was always talked about as if it was something that happened once in what might might to a celebratory fashion. Now obviously this probably goes against my previous post but the lack of any sort of continued relationship with S and P points it toward a drunk thing, and the lack of emotional connection would help keep that up while making Carbon kind of have a sobering moment where she realizes that's not for her. Mn's unofficial status as Carbon's squeeze throughout C's late 20s and thirties works better for showing how as an adult she really only goes for those that she knows well.

>>2299462
That works for P and if the three of them together get all bothered and hot from C's flirting it helps to establish that it's a rare occurrence too.
>>
Though it is entirely possible that C did know S on some level beforehand, thus establishing some degree of familiarity for C, but that S didn't know P, and when they're introduced one thing leads to another.
>>
>>2299467
That all sounds good.
>>
>>2299467

But why would C have done it if she wasn't needy on some degree, it doesn't make much sense otherwise

And the PS threesome was proposed in a context where C was actually the horniest of all elements, F only coming in the picture much later
>>
>>2299473
She could still have moments where she just wants to get off, and there's really no better time for it than when she's still young and single. Plus, people don't always act 100% reasonably (not to imply the threesome was a bad thing or she shouldn't have done it).

It really only needs the slightest recontextualization, which >>2299467 covers well enough. There isn't much to be gained from overanalyzing it further.
>>
>>2299475

That makes those moments recurrent or at least chronic
>>
>>2299473
I'll give you the context for when it was established.
Although if we take >>2299462 about each element having a part in getting the other two hot then we can address what you're saying about C being needy. What if, and this is probably a limb, with the priority shift Steel brought it caused C's libido to go into slumber. Routine fits better because she's been at Uni for a few years and Steel's getting older she's beginning to feel like something's missing in her life though she isn't quite sure what. Celebration happens that coincides with her shifting from Uni to Lawyer and she ends up meeting P and S at said celebration. Flirtations happens and because C's a master flirt her libido gets reawakened with the help of some drinks while CSP are talking and flirting with each other. That night when things are winding down but C is still feeling hot, so she ramps up her flirting. S and P are both receptive and in some cases P is even just as proactive with the flirting so they start making out when S goes to get drinks or something. S comes back, finds them making out and P being the nice proactive farm girl she is, she pulls S into a kiss while C's getting her bearings. Leading to the situation where they stumble back to S' room and having a threesome. Come morning, C gets a little antsy when she wakes up because she didn't tell Silicon about her being gone for the night and while she's checking in on Steel and her sister, S waking up while P walks into the room from the bathroom and she's all "I had a lovely evening with you two, but I just remembered I gotta be somewhere within the hour. Catch you two around, yeah?" or something to that effect which leaves PS alone for a slower start int he morning and their own round two.
>>
>>2299478
Does it, though? What's to say it wasn't mostly a one time thing?

Even so, it is a situation C kind of gets involved with again in the future (or the more recent past from Y0), and if it's an issue of her having no familiarity, well, I made the suggestion above that she already does know S.
>>
>>2299486

I'm sorry but I find it way too convoluted and really don't like it

>>2299489

Because I don't see C, with a child and uni to do, being at the same time without much of a romantic life and suddenly having a one-time threesome with no feelings involved. I can only see in two occasions; if it's either a usual thing because of her libido or if there's more to it than just a one-time thing
>>
>>2299496
The broad strokes of the proposed situation are fine, IMO.

What's so crazy about an unplanned threesome? Why does it have to be one more complicated?
>>
>>2299500

And unplanned threesome is fine if it makes sense with the character, but a character that would be celibate for 3 years and with other things to do having a threesome out of nowhere doesn't make sense
>>
>>2299501
Just because there isn't much else established in that time period doesn't mean we have to assume that nothing else happened to C during it. It's just a timeline of major bullet-points.

Also, it's really not that nonsensical.
>>
It really just has to be as simple as
>C is busy with school and Steel for a few years and doesn't really have any relationships
>C suddenly has an unplanned threesome with P and S
>C realizes she wants to be with someone and eventually finds W
If need be, her threesome with P and S can be pushed up a little so there isn't as much of a gap between the two.
>>
>>2299496
So then would you feel better if it was just; she was flirting with the two and then they went off to bang while C realizes she missed being in a relationship? C probably at most has two threesomes in her life. PS which we're debating now and then maybe at most one that she talks NiCr into. I think you're also forgetting that the PS one, going off of the proposed bullet-points, happens when C's 21. Your case has more weight considering the NiCr threesome.

There's also absolutely nothing against the notion that C still is a flirt in Uni. Nothing, just that she never follows through and the one that she does leads to a threesome that most likely further affects how she views relationships.
>>
>>2299503

I'm sorry to insist but it is; if we characterise C as focused and celibate, then I don't understand where that threesome came from

And no I'm not satisfied by "it just happened"; being involved in a one-time threesome requires some casual values about sex which we know C has, but then it wouldn't make sense if it was just a single occurrence
>>
>>2299509
Mostly not having sex for a few years isn't exactly celibacy, especially if she's still feeling the effects of Fe leaving, Si returning, taking care of a child and going through school all at the same time. She was just really busy and dealing with life.

It's also not exactly a single occurrence, because there's also the above mentioned NiCr relationship, and then there's stuff like her seducing Ti.
>>
>>2299515
>Mostly not having sex for a few years isn't exactly celibacy

But she wasn't involved with anyone, isn't that celibacy

>NiCr relationship

That was much later down the line; she was older, had a steady job, a history of failed relationships (Fe, W, Mo), a more autonomous daughter and more support from her friends/lovers, it's not the same thing
>>
>>2299509
>>2299519
The supposed celibacy is just a result of her shifting priorities. Not something she consciously makes a decision about. If you wanna push it further then let's figure out when her parents die to pile on stuff that distracts her from relationships.
A big thing about celibacy is that it's usually a vow. What Carbon went through is life giving her adult situations while she's just entering adulthood and demanding her attention. Much more attention than she's used to.
>>
>>2299519
Sure, but it doesn't have to have been a conscious choice.

You're definitely right about that regarding NiCr, but it doesn't mean it's IMPOSSIBLE that she had a single threesome when she was younger too. Is it really that unreasonable that she took the opportunity when it arose, irrespective of anything else?

This seems like it's being overthought a little. Is there anything wrong with >>2299506 ?
>>
>>2299525
Yup, this exactly.
>>
>>2299506
I'm in favor of that. It's a nice and concise package.
>>
>>2299525
>a vow

Celibacy is a state, it can be voluntary but not necessarily

And that doesn't explain why she'd do it, the whole "it's unplanned, just happened" is way too jarring

I'm fine with C being in the mindset that makes her do that often and one time it just happened to be PS, or that C completely disregarded relationships during that time...but that C both disregarded relationships AND had a one-time threesome doesn't make sense
>>
>>2299532
It could just be that she didn't really have any relationships at the time, not for any implicit reasons but just because she didn't get around to it, UNTIL P and S happens, after which she, with the benefit of graduating and settling into her adult life, starts being more active again. Either that or it's like the first situation you mentioned and she's having other relationships at the time that we just don't hear about; either works.
>>
>>2299532
Anon C didn't completely disregard relationships. I think that's the misunderstanding. She just never entered into another one after Iron because other things distracted her and then the threesome happened. She might've been a bit more reserved after what happened with Iron but there's nothing preventing her from being just as flirty and teasing.
>And that doesn't explain why she'd do it, the whole "it's unplanned, just happened" is way too jarring
There's also been a few explanations given to why it was unplanned and she fell into it. Most of them go along the lines of she was at a celebration/party/whatever>met S and P>got to flirting with them>one thing led to another.
>>
>>2299536
>UNTIL P and S happens

But then that conflicts with the "no feelings" thing; if there weren't any feelings involved, why is it so special?
>>
>>2299544
Is it? What do you mean by special?
>>
>>2299544
Because it's a threesome and how P and S get together? More the latter.
>>
>>2299546

Special as in what did PS do to shake up C if she had years of celibacy following the Fe fallout?
>>
>>2299553
The circumstances just worked out that way, simply enough. Maybe C was particularly turned on that night, maybe P and S were particularly receptive.
>>
>>2299557
>The circumstances just worked out that way

Sorry but I don't buy that, you can't just explain something going against the premise as "it worked out that way", it's just too easy
>>
Heck, maybe C was acutely conscious of her lack of intimacy and set out to rectify it, finding herself with P and S.
>>
>>2299559
See >>2299560
>>
>>2299560
You know what. That would probably work just as well as everything else: point is there's a gap in C's sex life because of Uni and Steel.
>>
>>2299561
>>2299560

That's not any better, you don't solve a lack of intimacy by a feelingless one-night stand
>>
>>2299565
It's not assuming that whatever goes against the premise works itself out without explanation, despite going against the premise, but rather assuming that, for whatever reason, what's being suggested doesn't go against the premise in the first place. It just doesn't go into the minutia of C's through process at the time because it's a past event and not the focus of anything.

Anyway, it doesn't mean that C was right for doing so or that it solved anything. It just means that it happened.
>>
>>2299568

It's not a matter of right or wrong, it's a matter of making sense; the Ti episode was arguably wrong yet it made sense; the PS thing as proposed here doesn't make sense, which is why I'm against it
>>
>>2299573
I see what you mean, but it's only because there isn't a good enough justification so far, right? So if there was a good one, it would be fine. There just isn't one yet, but that doesn't mean someone can't think of one.

For the broad purposes of setting down past events, it doesn't REALLY need to be more complicated than
>C P and S were all together and things got hot and heavy
>>
>>2299573
>the PS thing as proposed here doesn't make sense, which is why I'm against it
Then propose a way it makes sense for you because anons here have been trying.
>>
>>2299581
>So if there was a good one, it would be fine. There just isn't one yet, but that doesn't mean someone can't think of one.

But you don't do world building with events first and justifications after, you should conceive events already with an acceptable motivation behind it

>>2299583

One of the following

- C was used having flings and one-night stand at the uni, like for stress relief (since she's known for her libido) - that's the one I believe makes more sense
- C is completely focused on her studies and her daughter without time for that sort of stuff
- CPS had more depth than a simple one-night threesome, but that was shot down already
>>
>>2299594
For the sake of compromise, the first option does sound the most reasonable.
>>
>>2299594
I'm in agreement with >>2299598 though the third one was shot down because it amounted to Carbon suddenly entering a relationship with P and S when nothing of the sort was broached before. If you wanted to build on a friendship being the basis that would've worked better than just trying to frame it as some sort of XeFKr thing to explain away a threesome.
>>
>>2299603
So, the first option with shades of "C might have known of S having met her once or twice before they meet P one night"?
>>
>>2299606
Sure, if that works since they're most likely classmates if nothing else at the time.
>>
>>2299615
Alright, sounds good.
>>
>>2299603

I was mainly thinking of making CPS more that the feelingless thing it is

>>2299606

That, or S had heard about C's reputation in and the deed happened during some party/event/sleepover/somesocialthingy...hell that proposed celebration thing would actually make sense now, although more during college than at the end

I think it'd be better that S and C became friends after it happened, rather than they slept while being friends
>>
>>2299620
>although more during college than at the end
As of now it happens when Carbon's 21. The middle of her Uni time.
>>
>>2299622

Doesn't HAVE to happen t that exact time
>>
>>2299620
>I think it'd be better that S and C became friends after it happened, rather than they slept while being friends
You're right, that makes the most sense.

>>2299623
So it should be bumped up a little?
>>
>>2299623
I was just saying it compliments what you were talking about it happening during college. By 23 Carbon's starting on her BAR or equivalent to where she probably left the main Uni campus that she regularly sees S in.
>>
>>2299626

Actually made me think that S would be C's first new friend since the Fe debacle, would S and P help out with Steel a bit?
>>
>>2299631
S could. P depends on whether she's residing in the country or if she's at a dorm.
>>
>>2299631
Maybe S babysits for her on short notice one time after P returns to the countryside, but nothing that would put them near Class-M of course. Heh, there's probably a story there. After taking care of her sisters, S would have some experience.
>>
>>2299632
>>2299637

Well yeah, not as a big regular thing but an occasional one
>>
>>2299641
Thankfully, Steel isn't as talkative as a certain two girls S is used to dealing with...
>>
>>2299646
Steel being a child has nothing to do with it I'm sure.
>>
What was Steel like as a baby?
>>
>>2299646

>"Big sis I don't know what to do when I grow up."
>"Tell you what, you have a great future as a GPS voice!"
>>
>>2299654
Quiet
>>
>>2299656
"I'm going to be a GPS when I grow up!"
>>
>>2299654
>>2299658
Wasn't there some previous talk about how child Steel learned to keep quiet about her missing mother?
>>
>>2299713
Like when talking to other kids? There have been a few short conversations about when Steel was younger.
>>
>>2299730
I thought that was in general but largely because of other kids. Ah well, I bet she quickly learned how to articulate her thoughts spending so much time around adults
>>
>>2299731
This has probably been discussed: does C have any pictures of Iron hidden away?
>>
>>2299734
Maybe a forgotten one that was stowed in a box of art supplies and sketch books. Last time the idea of Steel stumbling across a picture, ran with the idea that Iron was in the shot but the top of her head was cut off because of her height. So it's just Carbon smiling and all you see of Iron is her body, hair, and soft smile.
>>
>>2299741
To cute to be contained in one photograph, huh.
>>
>>2299751
Something like that. It's a nice fic idea, if a little sad. Child Steel finds the photo and wonders who it is before settling on the small glimmer of hope that it's her mother since her mom's in it as well.
>>
>>2299776
Poor Steel.
>>
>>2299792
In retrospect, she was right. Maybe one day she'll take a similar photo of her moms that has all of Iron's face in it.
>>
>>2299824
That would be really sweet and cute.

One with Steel between them too.
>>
>>2299832
Don't forget Cast
>>
>>2299833
Their family portrait would be pure healing.
>>
>>2299833
Cast is probably super cute as a child
>>
>>2299860
Steel will surely be enamored with her.
>>
>>2299867
Well considering she'll be in her twenties, so it's only reasonable. Carbon will probably be delighted to see Steel with her little sister.
>>
>>2299873
Terne will probably find it adorable as well.
>>
File: C-hronology.png (17KB, 554x841px) Image search: [Google]
C-hronology.png
17KB, 554x841px
>>2299833
>Cast

That's right, I knew I was forgetting something

>tfw there's a bigger gap between Steel and her sister than between Steel and her mothers
>>
>>2299932
>Carbon and Iron get back together within a year leading to Cast's conception
Wew Carbon's making up for lost time.
I feel that Fe leaving should be on 18 but it most likely straddles the 18 and 19 rows if the thread were to hash out specifics and there isn't much of a need to be super specific.
>>
>>2299943

They meet up in the beginning of the year, so I give it only a few months before Steel puts them back together, then it's a 9 month ride until Cast
>>
>>2299956
Quit posting Steel.
So will Steel rope Nickel into helping her parent trap her parents?
>>
>>2299963

Well to begin with, how will Ni feel about the fact she slept with her boss' wife during all this time?
>>
>>2299966
Laugh awkwardly if it's ever brought up since Zinc's the only one that knows currently. Pretty sure Chrome doesn't know the exact details of what happened to Steel's other mother. Just that she's out of the picture. Not sure if Nickel even knows before FeC reunites.
>>
>>2299932
SiGe gets a new friend too.
>>
>>2300022
Ain't she friends with Stel? Especially with her being in the age range now.
>>
>>2300083
That could work. Of course, she'll see a lot of Cast too.
>>
>>2300083

She's a bit young for that, her age range is more Pase's
>>
>>2300146
Good point, they wouldn't be in the same school til secondary. Pase depends. since nothing concrete was ever hammered out for her being conceived before y0
>>
>>2300165
It makes the most sense for Pase to end up around Cast's age.
>>
>>2300165
>>2300169

Actually would make more sense for Pase to be in the same group as Sige; her future younger sisters will be like Cast and so on
>>
>>2300252
There was the earlier proposal about Pase and Sige being pen pals, but in light of the recent discussion about S and C, wouldn't it be perfect for Cast to take that role if her and Pase were born around the same time? It could have started after they met when Pase was visiting the city with S.
>>
>>2300439

Being pen pals would be way later, at a point where an age difference wouldn't matter much
>>
>>2300479
Well, that's true. There's still a lot of issues that arise from Pase being older, so it would just simplify it if she wasn't.
>>
>>2300483

Really? What issues?
>>
>>2300490
Everything that was brought up last time it was discussed. How it would be out of place inserted as a past event.
>>
>>2300492

When was it discussed? I don't recall
>>
>>2300494
Maybe it was in the previous thread, it was when the original suggestion about Pase having been already born was made.

Actually, let me rephrase that: it doesn't really make sense if Pase is any more than a year older than Cast. Of course, there's no reason why Pase couldn't be born within a year of Y0.
>>
>>2300494
Two threads ago or so. One of the big points against it, was S and P both being rather deliberate people so they would actually plan for a pregnancy instead of it happening through chance
>>
>>2300499

I don't understand why Cast comes into the picture
>>
>>2300501
It doesn't, that was just a point of reference.
>>
>>2300502

Well...what's the matter then?
>>
>>2300505
To summarize all of the previous points? Well, to start, how >>2300500 mentioned that it wouldn't make sense for something they didn't plan, and if was planned then, why didn't S move in with P at that time? If S is pregnant she would be on maternity leave anyway, and if P was pregnant S would surely want to be living with her to take care of her. And that's not even getting into how they would absolutely choose to live together once they've started their family, so it doesn't make sense that S would still live in the city until Y0. If they don't do it then, what makes them decide to do it when their child is already four or so? It just doesn't add up.
>>
>>2300508

Well as I said back then, there's no real need for the laboratory to be in the city, and for S to live in the city in the first place

Or they laboratory was in the city, but as time passed, S and P started to want an actual family, so S quit her CEO job (could retain some honorary status) and join P in the countryside
>>
>>2300520
>Or they laboratory was in the city, but as time passed, S and P started to want an actual family, so S quit her CEO job (could retain some honorary status) and join P in the countryside
Wouldn't that coincide roughly with the time period that Tl is still living there and K runs away? If that was the case, wouldn't it have been mentioned at some point?

It's also fairly well established that S regularly goes out with her sisters for lunch and stuff, which would then mostly have to be relegated to 4+ years ago. Of all the suggestions though, this one makes the most sense.
>>
>>2300523
>and stuff,
In addition, considering her position in her own company she also most likely makes the sales and travels a lot closing deals for her company. That was one of the more vocational things about her place in the city
>>
>>2300524
That is a possibility.
>>
>>2300523
>If that was the case, wouldn't it have been mentioned at some point?

Is S or even P mentioned at all on K/Tl's side? Not sure but don't think so
In fact, it'd made sense for P so recruit farm girls to help her at that time, if she was going to have a child

And S can always see her sisters, maybe not as often, maybe it's the sisters that visit her, but it still can be fairly regularly

>>2300524
>the sales and travels a lot closing deals for her company

Ehhh

First I never saw S' company has being particularly mercantile, and the nI believe S has an army of suits to handle the boring selling stuff
>>
>>2300529
Yeah I'll admit the mercantile stuff was a bad example. Considering the bio science flair she's probably project lead and travels for presentations and stuff. One of the big reasons why S wasn't immediately in the countryside was because of her company and the would-be challenges it brings.
>>
>>2300529
P is mentioned in regards to K's backstory, in, yeah, the hired help thing.

>And S can always see her sisters, maybe not as often, maybe it's the sisters that visit her, but it still can be fairly regularly
Yeah, that's true.

So, the idea is that P and S's long distance relationship (that until now continued until Y0) ended some time prior to Y0 when Pase was conceived/born, S (semi)retired and moved in with P? How old would that make Pase exactly? Still younger than Sige, maybe? Oh, and she should still end up being friends with Cast.
>>
>>2300530

Well I believe there are more stories to tell with PS as a united family than a long-distance relationship. Back when it was thought out like this there was the long-distance novelty, but then HO happened in the meantime, and I think it plays the long-distance thing much better
>>
>>2300534
Fair enough.
>>
>>2300534
That works though then you got to address the points >>2300531 makes and how S probably is still working at her lab to some degree.
>>
>>2300596
I think the idea is that S has retired by this time, when Pase is on the way.
>>
>>2300683
Might wanna fiddle with that considering what she goes onto doing when she retires. Now unless P is sitting on a gold mine, there isn't much of a financial reason to back up S' early retirement.
>>
>>2300688
Yeah, the details can be worked out. S is probably pretty financially secure, on top of P's farm.
>>
>>2300688

It's not retired, it's returning to the countryside; she can find something to do there
>>
>>2300701
There's not exactly a debate since the only proposed retirement/job change is that S becomes a vinter to while away the hours. Returning to the countryside gives the implication that she grew up there when that probably isn't the case.
>>
>>2300703
Yeah, you have the vineyards, P's farm and S's savings from her company, so they're pretty set. That's what allowed her to retire early.
>>
>>2300707
The thread should probably hash out exactly how S gets the vineyard
>>
>>2300726
Once she's moved in and settled it would be something she starts on the land P has available.
>>
>>2300726
>>2300731

I'd go for an existing nearby vineyard that she got from its now retired owner
>>
>>2300758
That's probably the realistic option, at least for how she started.
>>
>>2300762

She could learn the ropes that way
>>
>>2300767
Makes sense!
>>
>>2300731
>>2300758
>>2300762
Don't forget it's in her blood cause of Brimstone.
>>
>>2300995
She's a natural.
>>
>>2301292
Probably surprised SeTe quite a bit
>>
Does Ah! have a profile? I can't exactly search for it in the archives.
>>
>>2301391
No the element of surprise does not have a profile.
Would make for a good deity. Similar to Primae Materia
>>
>>2301391

Ah!?
>>
>>2301459
You know...Ah. Gold and Ada make their wives say the element's name every morning
>>
>>2301697

That's Ahn
>>
>>2301933
Sounds like Ah's sister.
>>
So when does Mo and U get married and how moe is Mo?
>>
>>2302098
In the near future, they're the first couple to be married after Y0.

She's extremely moe.
>>
>>2302300

You could say she's Mo-e
>>
>>2302368
U certainly agrees.
>>
So which elements had fancy cars again? Didn't Al have a McLaren while Au had a Pagani?
>>
>>2302720
There's a list, I believe.
>>
>>2302720

Au is the one with a McLaren while Al has a Bugatti, C has a Koenigsegg

Yes, I made a list
>>
>>2302877
Would that be the car Shakudo chauffeurs them in?
>>
File: Au's city car.jpg (188KB, 1119x675px) Image search: [Google]
Au's city car.jpg
188KB, 1119x675px
>>2302883

No, the McLaren F1 is the car Au drives herself, the car Shakudo chauffeurs (and which is featured in the Electrosmine fic) is a Bugatti Type 41 coupé Napoléon (pic)
>>
>>2302886
Ah, that's fitting.
>>
>>2302889

It was a car made for royalty, which fits Au's aristocracy. The car lists is highly variable in relevance, but this is one of the cars that makes the more sense
>>
>>2302890
That fits her well then. Always stylish.
>>
>>2302893
I think you mean stylish as always, V.
>>
>>2302921
Nothing less from Au.
>>
File: Garage.png (85KB, 1123x2061px) Image search: [Google]
Garage.png
85KB, 1123x2061px
Here's the list for the curious, not definitive (it notably lacks Niello)

I personally think the most appropriate car is Sc's
>>
>>2302931
Is Carbon's car a birthday present or just a huge guilty pleasure she drives daily?
>>
>>2302942
The car itself is a big sisterly gift, but she does drive it daily

For those who didn't know; that car is not only made mainly from carbon fibre, but the body shell is coated in diamond. Only 2 were ever made
>>
>>2302948
I'm positively sure that Mithril wouldn't question Silicon's sanity if she ever got a good look at C's car.
>>
>>2302948
Impressive, SI.
>>
Chernobylite medusa monstergirl when?
>>
>>2303314
Calm down there Pluto, you make robots not monsters
>>
>>2303315
But it's primary radioactive element is Uranium. M-maybe she could be Uranium's S.T.A.L.K.E.R.?
>>
>>2303317
Wouldn't it be better to use Corium.. Setting's first proposed monster girl though, although seems a little more fitting in a Plotium/Unobtainium serial.
>>
>>2303323
I just figured Chernobylite was the more appropriate form, since isn't Corium more of a structural designation for the entire mixture versus the chemical designation of the primary substance?

Like having SiO2 (silicone dioxide) as a character rather than "Obsidian".

Granted Corium is a lot shorter and simpler.
>>
>>2303335
You make good point, considering Corium is ever really used during an actual meltdown. Still adding monster girls would have to be a special case all things considered. The setting's first would be alium amounts to a reclusive, while strange stuff happens around Mercury and then there's Ori. If anyone would've seen monster girls, it's Ori considering the rather vague time her home came from.
>>
>>2303323
>seems a little more fitting in a Plotium/Unobtainium serial.
Definitely would. That's the perfect place for it.
>>
>>2303351
I don't quite know for Unobtainium but Plotium she(Cori) could totally become anti-hero tier recurring character that pops up every so often.
>>
>>2303347
Apologies, I didn't really consider it from the integration/cohesiveness side. I was just having an amusing conversation with a friend about how crazy Chernobyl is, while reading up on the Elephant's Foot, and when I saw how much people liked to compare the substance to a medusa-like existence, it occurred to me that there was potentially a neat metall/u/rgy character there. The stalker pun was just icing on the cake.

Thinking it through being Chernobylite would probably be suffering, what with all the being locked away and quarantined and the moe blindfold to prevent destroying things around her. She just wants to be held ; _ ;.
>>
>>2303360
Plotium is the better fit, yeah.
>>
>>2303361
Now to be fair, she could totally exist but Corium would basically be someone worse off than Radon if we went for actual person. Like iron lung levels of sick. If nothing else there could certainly be a myth from Ori's time that would make for a good adaption/origin to explain eventually becomes Cori in Plotium.

>>2303362
Iunno Unobtainium could lend itself well to government experimentation gone horribly wrong endowing someone with the powers and making for a much darker tale than what Plotium usually has. Probably wouldn't fit the genre though outside of being a oneshot/self-contained book that features more adult themes.
>>
>>2303366
It could work in either, depending on how it's handled. Plotium might be best if she's a recurring character.
>>
>>2303371
There is also Handwavium, iirc. The cape hero/setting too. However yes Plotium allows for the best and even allows for the potential of a monster girl harem with Cori being the first of Plot's wives.
>>
>>2303377
>a monster girl harem with Cori being the first of Plot's wives.
>already reduced to harem supporting character

Rude.
>>
>>2303377
Cori could work well in that too, but the monstergirl angle does fit Plotium.
>>
>>2303383
Just a spin-off that didn't sell to well, possibly. We'd first have to hash out what exactly Plotium does and who she is in her own setting since the thread gave her the rather broad topic of "fantasy". So much so that she's kind of an icon of the genre if I remember some of the talk. Do we do straight Swords and Sorcery as her backbone or do more typical modern fantasy/whatever. I always got a SnS feel because of the supposed age.
>>2303389
Although the monstergirl frequency would have to be rare if Cori and Plot got together in some manner
>>
>>2303394
Maybe Handwavium would actually be better? Then the recurring anti-hero and government experiment aspects could fit.
>>
Why fuse them? Keep Handwavium as superhero, Plotium as fantasy, and create something new for Corium, like a post-apocalyptic franchise
>>
>>2303402
The potential government experiment aspect was just something I suggested for possible appearance in Unobtainium.
I had the idea of a little arc that ultimately ends in either Cori being the monster that sacrifices herself to save the day while Unobtainium helped or a gynoid/something robotic that's a prominent member sacrificing themselves to contain Corium and dying in the process. Hence the self-containment aspect of it since it'd probably change too much for the setting if it was a concrete aspect of the series.
For Plotium there wouldn't really be government experimentation to explain Corium. She'd just be a monster girl that perhaps grows into being a recurring character in Plot's setting. Perhaps she was originally confined to a ruined city/temple or something that Plot stumbles upon and accidentally lets Corium loose when she leaves.

Original point was; Corium could pop up in each of the fictional settings with some finagling of origin.
>>
>>2303417

Eh, wouldn't the potential be better as its own series?
>>
>>2303421
Maybe, honestly might work better as a game series. Would allow for greater use of the radiation/medusa aspects and could even allow for gorgon sisters to pop up.
>>
>>2303421
It could fit pretty well into an existing one, though, adding to what there already is.

Plotium works well enough.
>>
>>2303425

But a separate series would bring more variety and enrich the overall setting

And crossovers can still happen
>>
>>2303427
Hmm, good point. Maybe a film. Anything works, really.
>>
>>2303427
>>2303428
>>2303425
Why not combine the two/three? She started as a Plotium character, gained popularity for her own mini-series/series and gained more popularity to where some modern day equivalent is it's own thing. Allows for a bit of fictional history and enough time for growth to allow Plot's version and the modern version to be viewed as relatively separate things.
>>
>>2303437
That works.
>>
>>2303437

That's a bit convoluted to take a character from fantasy and adapt it to a more modern setting. How about a story like some junior writer on the Plotium got the opportunity on working on her own thing and based the Corium character on some of the ones she wrote for Plotium?
>>
>>2303445
Modern day as in contemporary release, not setting, I think.
>>
>>2303452

But Plotium is still ongoing?
>>
>>2303445
It may be a bit convoluted but it's more about character growth and, like >>2303452 said, contemporary release not quite the setting. Although if we wanna get into it, it's more having Corium's defining character traits being preserved as she goes through her various iterations than which setting she came from. For all intents and modern purposes, Corium could very well have her own series.

Movies make it even easier if the source material is obscure. Might aggravate some fans of the original but that'd largely come down to splitting hairs if it's done well.
>>
>>2303457
They would both exist simultaneously, Cori just gets popular enough for her own spinoff.
>>
>>2303458
>>2303459

But I don't understand why it does have to tie it so closely to Plotium?
>>
>>2303464
If only to satisfy both ideas of her being a character in Plotium and her own thing.
>>
>>2303457
Ongoing in the sense that the world and stuff is still being used, especially if the author uses a time lapse/skip and wrote about what happens at the end of Plotium's life as one huge victory march. Getting down into it, ongoing depends largely on the medium Plotium is from. Comics: it's easy to explain away how it's still ongoing because you got different artists and storytellers possibly retreading stories or bringing them back. Books less so, unless the legal system is different and/or the original author gave the okay to make what amounts to canon fanfiction. Think like Star Wars and Legends/EU as a possible example or Faerun from DnD which spans multiple editions. Admittedly those are based around a Movie series and TTRPG but it wouldn't be a stretch to have the reverse happen. Book series leads to the creation of movies/comics/extra material that keeps the setting and characters growing.

>>2303464
Medusa. Anon originally suggested Corium/Chernoblyte as some sort of medusa monstergirl and medusa being a fantasy creature/figure fits nice and snuggly within what little we have so far established for fantasy. I'll admit the tie to Plotium was common elements at first.
>>
>>2303466

That could be explained by the creator of Corium having worked on Plotium beforehand and taking inspiration from it
>>
>>2303470
Definitely, the only thing is that a detail like that isn't really something that's going to come across in a fic, so it might just be for the best if she's simply a character in Plotium after all.
>>
>>2303471
>that isn't really something that's going to come across in a fic

I'll dispute that notion, in-universe fiction can be, and has already been, mentioned in fics, even if indirectly
>>
>>2303469
>Corium/Chernoblyte
That naming scheme would actually be perfect for Handwavium, as her actual name and her "superhero" name.
>>
File: tumblr_omxd56SPVS1unm603o2_1280.png (378KB, 726x962px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_omxd56SPVS1unm603o2_1280.png
378KB, 726x962px
>>2303417
My first thought with the mention of darker government experimentation was why not just make her part of the same military program Thorium and Ura worked on? If the project was to developed advanced soldiers, it seems logical the project might include robotic units, attempts at weaponized humans (biological) and then combinations of the two. She could very well be the only living subject to come out of the project, but far too (physically) volatile to be of any practical use. She'd be a monster girl less in the Monmusu sort of way, and more like, well if you're familiar with Hushabye Valley's Alien girl (pic related) but toned down exotic feature wise, and with the added danger of rapid decay for anything not specially reinforced that is touched or looked at directly.

Deborah from RE6, if she were less gruesome, might also be a decent example.
>>
>>2303474
Oh, no, I just meant the details about how it was originally by a writer of one of the other series and whatnot. All the in-universe series themselves are great.
>>
>>2303474
I'd further dispute that and say it's because the person who made Plotium and it's original series and then the authors that added onto it are unknown entities within the setting. Radon as the author of Unobtainium is, so far, the only author we directly have tied to their work currently. Unless we want to apply something to Mercury and add another hint about an unusually long age we'd have to establish to some degree who wrote Plotium.
>>
>>2303476
That's a little far-fetched for what's possible right now in the setting, and doesn't really fit the scope of it IMO.

But something like that image is definitely possible in Unobtainium, haha.
>>
>>2303478
This is getting a little too complicated, she should be a character in either Plotium or Handwavium and then just call it a day.
>>
>>2303480

In-universe fiction increase the scope of the setting as a whole, and I think Corium has more than enough room as her own thing
>>
>>2303483
It definitely does, so that finally settles it.
>>
>>2303480
>>2303483
Then let's go with Plotium first and then a re-emergence as her own series before doing occasional crossover with Handwavium and possible Plotium movie.
>>
>>2303479
Shrug, are the gynoids a seperate setting? Fully concious AI able to be self-contained in a single relatively small unit doesn't seem all that much simpler than genetic modification such that a body is able to soak and contain very large amounts of radiation.
>>
>>2303493
Eh, the difference is more about how appropriate the idea is for the setting rather than logically feasibility.
>>
>>2303493

Gynoids are not separate but were conceive in a different context

Plus it's established the military uses advanced gadgetry, but a living bioweapon is another thing entirely
>>
>>2303493
>>2303503
If we ever heavily get into the future of the setting, bioweapons, super advanced bioscience that might as well be fleshcrafting and the like could be the realm of the three or four aliums that appear.
>>
There is the Unobtanium books for that sort of thing.
>>
>>2303509
Speaking of those, next thread I feel we should maybe try to expand on Phlebotonium, Plotium, Unobtainium. Get at least one or two foundation setting books/seasons out of the way. Maybe one iconic arc for Handwavium and Corium too.
>>
>>2303512
That might be a good idea. There's also Copper's childhood favorite to round off the list, Panchaloha!
>>
>>2303501
>>2303503

I guess.
>>
Has Nobelium ever read one of Rn's books?
>>
>>2303651
If she has, it's never been mentioned. So one of them nebulous things we just assume might happen. I'm sure No would piece it together after looking around the house long enough.
>>
>>2303715
She's a quick learner.
>>
Time for a new thread ain't it?
>>
>>2303789
Indeed, just about time.
>>
>>2303795
I'll probably make one later unless someone beats me too it.
>>
Defcon 5
Defcon 4
Defcon 3
Defcon 2
Defcon 1

>>2303943
>>2303943
>>2303943
Thread posts: 555
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.