[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Less well-known yuri related anime

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 201
Thread images: 75

File: KIDDY_GiRL-AND_-_15_-_Large_04.jpg (238KB, 1276x720px) Image search: [Google]
KIDDY_GiRL-AND_-_15_-_Large_04.jpg
238KB, 1276x720px
I tried remembering some series I saw along the years that had some yuri relevance, I mean this type of stuff you wouldn't find on any yuri list so I guess I'd share some anime that might've been non canon in the end, or had some het in the middle but the girl/girl relationship was the most important one in the end, tough I'm really bad at doing reviews since I saw them so long ago, you should at least give them a try.

I'm gonna start from the order I enjoyed the most till the ones that are only worth your time if you are really starved for yuri, first there's Kiddy Girl And, It's a really fun anime, the protagonists have an ''adopted daughter'' and I'm preety sure they can be considered lesbians by the end, expect some het tough, also there's a prequel called Kiddy Grade that some people say is actually gayer, but I never bothered it with for some reason.
>>
File: A10356-24.jpg (84KB, 558x530px) Image search: [Google]
A10356-24.jpg
84KB, 558x530px
Then there's Yowakaru Gendai Mahou, this one has really interesting concepts and world, also it's a lot of fun, it's made by the guy who made ''All you need is Kill manga'' surprisingly, this one I also could consider canon yuri tough they never do anything overly explicit as far as I can remember, this one has no het, but the first episode is really confusing, but believe me it pays off later
>>
And here comes Uta Kata, this one, I don't really know what to say about it, it has het, it has yaoi, it has NTR, it will make you rage, they tried to omnipander, but the girl/girl relationship prevails at the end, this one is really good if you want to feel frustrated.
>>
File: 6uAkLyb.jpg (747KB, 1800x1259px) Image search: [Google]
6uAkLyb.jpg
747KB, 1800x1259px
Finally there's Steel Angel Kurumi 2, imagine if someone took every bad harem protag trope and put it into a girl and make a bunch of lesbians like her, this one has a a somewhat proeminent guy but the MC never really shows sexual interest in anyone, I mean you can watch this if you are starved for yuri. (first season is het)
>>
This is a good thread. I liked Kiddy Girl And. Steel Angel Kurumi 2 was pretty brain-dead but still fun. I hadn't watched the other two series so can't comment.

It's good to watch something that isn't yuri-focused, but still has quality yuri and yuri prevails in the end.
>>
I feel like people don't remember Candy Boy enough.
>>
>>2269933
It's also heavily implied that two of the MC's friends become a couple, which was nice.
>>
File: 6849.jpg (65KB, 400x314px) Image search: [Google]
6849.jpg
65KB, 400x314px
>>2269929
Kaitou Tenshi Twin Angel OVA (2008)
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=5583

Unlike the TV series that came after it, which is not a sequel but a reboot, the two 30 minutes long OVA episodes that came out in 2008 had increasingly strong subtext between the heroines; the story is entirely about their relationship and they get to Hibiki/Miku levels by the end.
It's also a very entertaining mahou shoujo anime with a good villain and cool fights.

Don't be concerned by the Tuxedo Mask-esque male, you'll see that he does nothing but support the yuri pairing, there is none of the typical romantic-comedy fare involving him, they saved it for the TV series I mentioned.
>>
Sengoku Collection is very often overlooked, but it is very /u/ friendly from simply giving shipping fuel to delivering moments that would be main text romance if one of them was a guy.

Don't let the first episode fool you, the male character disappears from the show save one brief cameo in the end and the girl gets her own love interest. Also, it's a very episodic show, don't expect a major overarching plot.
>>
File: 5878.jpg (91KB, 354x489px) Image search: [Google]
5878.jpg
91KB, 354x489px
Puni Puni Poemi
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=65

An alternate universe spin-off of the nonsensical Excel Saga, and true to its parent series it's all about fast-paced comedy and parody, in this case of the mahou shoujo genre.

The hyperactive heroine has her own childhood friend who is adorable yet violently focused on her yuri crush for the former, which is portrayed in a comedic but very overt manner.
Said heroine starts off with a crush on a male classmate, but you'll see how that plays out (yuri triumphs).
>>
>>2270067
Even without the yuri though, this anime is very awesome. Shame there is no more anime with self parody and nonsense plot like this.
>>
File: Screenshot (547).png (445KB, 713x467px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (547).png
445KB, 713x467px
>>2270086
Not the original poster, but Excel Saga is very similarly self-parodying and nonsensical. It also has an entire episode parodying the yuri genre, as well as some subtext between the two female protagonists.
You could check out the yuri episode on it's own though, it's episode 16 "Take Back Love!" and it's funny on it's own if you know your yuri tropes and can laugh at them.
>>
File: 1483187812713.png (144KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1483187812713.png
144KB, 512x512px
>>2270067
>>2270086
>>2270148

I really like Puni Puni Poemi, it's one of the few shows that ever adresses the obsessed lesbian best friend trope and the stupidly dense protag who chooses the uninteresting guy instead of the superior girl, I really liked it because Rikudou makes the girl win.

>>2270064
I'm watching Sengoku Collection at a snail pace, but I agree, besides the first episode it's obviously /u/ related, did they want to make a yuri show but first rope in some other kind of audience I wonder.
>>
File: Murder_Princess_OVA2_199.jpg (126KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
Murder_Princess_OVA2_199.jpg
126KB, 768x432px
Murder princess, imagine if you took Izetta, made her a glorious asshole then made her switch bodies with Finé, I highly recommend this one, tough it's subtext.
>>
Well. Looks like I know what I will do today. Keep em coming.
>>
>>2270163
What's the het:yuri ratio?
>>
File: 1482078446019.png (216KB, 375x403px) Image search: [Google]
1482078446019.png
216KB, 375x403px
>>2270171
I don't really remember, but I remember not being angry while watching it, so there's probably not much het.
>>
>>2269932
I some how missed this series. Your description and the premise I've read make it sound worth checking out. From my search it looks like its actually four words as opposed to three. Yoku Wakaru Gendai Mahou
>>
Natsuiro Kiseki.
It's one of my favourite SoL in absolute. I watched it when it aired in 2012, so I actually can't remember perfectly everything, but it can be considered one of those anime with yuri subtext that is actually yuri text without being completely explicit. And in one episode, the yuri won over the only appearance of het in the anime. Don't forget the OVA too, if I can remember correctly it's 5min long.
To me it was very pleasant and it had that nostalgic and sentimental atmosphere typical of the SoL genre.
>>
>>2270171
No yuri, but subtext. No het, but subtext. I remember not liking the last episode, but not why. But I remember the rest fondly.
>>
>>2270213
I'll never be able to think of angry, hot lesbian sex and not think of these two. Good times.
>>
Binbou Shimai Monogatari, it's a heart-warming tale about sister bonding and being poorfags, there's two other sisters, you could ship them with, but the main appeal here is to use your incest goggles, there's some het-baiting in the middle as far as I can remember but it ended up just making the sisters closer.
>>
>>2270196
It's absolutely worth checking out!, just remember the first episode is intentionally confusing
>>
File: natsuiro215.jpg (117KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
natsuiro215.jpg
117KB, 1280x720px
>>2270216
That scene pretty much convinced to keep watching. Its not a very memorable series, but the subtext between them was absolutely thick.

Its also fun to show others this screenshot and let their mind go to the gutter.
>>
>>2270230
>the first episode is intentionally confusing
By that you mean episode 00, or 01? Should 00 be watched before episode 01, or should it be saved to view at some other point?
>>
>>2270171
Bee Train level of yuri.
>>
>>2270236
Don't start in episode 0, episode 0 is an OVA, start in episode 1, watch 0 after you finish the series, I'm just saying a lot of people drop this show because they find episode 1 too confusing
>>
File: iczer2.jpg (172KB, 850x1203px) Image search: [Google]
iczer2.jpg
172KB, 850x1203px
Fight! Iczer-One = Yuri + Horror + Tokusatsu + Giant Robots.

Its also kind of nice to see Yuri on something old school. It's a damn shame its only a 3 episode OVA
>>
>>2270247
This one was preety creepy, are the other Iczers also yuri?
>>
>>2270254
Yes but its not as gay as the first one. Its also less horror and more action-oriented. Not too bad but I felt it was a step down.
>>
This thread is something I've been wanting for a while.
It's fairly easy to exhaust the yuri titles in the backlog and want more before new ones come out. So shows like the ones here that are yuri friendly, or just lesser known, really help fill the gap.
I've seen some mentioned here and enjoyed them (like Yowakaru Gendai Mahou, and Murder Princess) so that hopefully bodes well for the other recommendations.
>>
I wouldn't say a many of these a less-known, just less talked about. As in they had their chance to make an impact and they didn't.

Another example: Sora no Method. Had an interesting premise. A former writer for KEY, and a director who was no stranger to yuri. But it just failed to make any sort of lasting impression.

I remember it looking fairly nice, there was some yuri that just barely passed as subtext, but nothing else.
>>
Best Student Council
Yamamoto Yohko
Shinobuden
Dinagiga
Getsumen to Heiki Mina
D4 Princess (Bad end)
Kokoro Library
>>
>>2270320
>Yamamoto Yohko
OAVs or TV series?

Just noting a few of these for later and want to know which.
>>
>>2270328
TV. I never watch the ova actually.

Ayano is pretty much proto Miku (symphogear)
>>
Shigofumi. It's an episodic anime and one episode is 100% yuri. After that the tsundere relationship between Fumika and Chiaki prevails.
>>
>>2270320
I'll add some more:

Puchi Puri Yuushi (side characters only)
Strange Dawn (it's one of the worst anime I ever watched, proceed with caution)
Sensei no Ojikan
>>
>>2270320
>Best Student Council

I couldn't stand the puppet. Just about everything else was fun enough, but damn.
>>
>>2270056
Sadly I could not enjoy it because of Tuxedo Mask
The crushing is too prominent and the damn TV series I take away any desire to continue seeing this ... there is another OVA

I honestly do not want to be related to this again
>>
>>2270328
I just remember the tomboy ponytail girl havinga crush on the commander guy. The others might have too.
>>
File: be40d57dfec71c54cce82f9f841dedda.png (805KB, 962x1200px) Image search: [Google]
be40d57dfec71c54cce82f9f841dedda.png
805KB, 962x1200px
The Re: Cutie Honey OVA is probably better known than most of the series here, but I thought I'd mention it anyway since it's an absolute delight. The yuri is prominent and pretty much canon, neither girl shows any interest in Seiji, it's vibrant and fun and the theme song is excellent. One of my favorite anime of all time.
>>
File: 2015-07-19_19-10-08.png (609KB, 576x431px) Image search: [Google]
2015-07-19_19-10-08.png
609KB, 576x431px
>>2270358
I hated him at first too but he turned out to be a bro, I'd rather have him as a puppet than a real person. One of my favorite aspects of the series was how the Assault Squad was used to eliminate any potential male love interest approaching the school on sight.
Also, Kaori needs to give up on Kanade (who deserves Nanaho) and accept her heart belongs to Rino.
>>
File: eatup.png (493KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
eatup.png
493KB, 853x480px
Soukou no Strain: I initially watched this because of a post on here saying "all males who get within 20 feet of MC die a horrible death" which turned out to be true. MC gets a sweet ending with alien loli, but other pairings are goggleable. Lottie is a badass.

There's also a comedic fanservice lesbian in the cast who awakens the homosexual desires of her fellow crew member, although the incident is unfortunately never mentioned again.
>>
>>2270362
That's understandable, what little I've seen of the TV series was completely cringe-worthy.

But the 2008 OVAs are different, I would compare them to the first season of Nanoha: you can tell that they meant the pretty boy to become a love interest, but there are so few hints for it compared to the sledgehammer subtext between the girls, you just can't see it happening anymore by the time you've reached the end.

If you really stood through the entirety of the TV series though then you'd better avoid it, it would only serve to bring back those traumatic feelings.
>>
>>2270320
A lot of those seem to have hard to come by subs these days, and some seem like they may not have subs at all. Maybe that is why they aren't as well know.
>>
File: mecha recommendations.jpg (3MB, 1320x2960px) Image search: [Google]
mecha recommendations.jpg
3MB, 1320x2960px
Burst Angel is something I don't see mentioned too much around here. It was yuri, but that aspect is not very notable until towards the end. The manga prequel is a lot more yuri (and rather different in tone).
Dinagiga is a kind of crappy Gunbuster clone with more yuri.
Seraphim Call has legit yuri twincest, I try to mention it whenever I can. Only episodes 5 and 6 though, the series is in anthology format and the other episodes are different stories.

I would think that things such as Iczer One and Re: Cutie Honey are well enough known that they shouldn't need to be mentioned, but they've been mentioned in posts above, so there you go. Might as well mention Mouretsu Pirates, Lagrange, YKK and Vividred. OP should definitely check Kiddy Grade out, I'm not sure I'd say it's gayer than Kiddy Girl, but it's a better show for sure.
>>
>>2270375
I did like this show, but one thing that disappointed me was that Rein only ever acted like that (in the image posted) that one time at the start of the anime. And never again.
I was hoping she'd be a continuous yuri fangirl.
>>
>>2270230
I watched episodes 1 and 2 so far, and I feel like I may have seen part of something similar. I feel like I've watched something that had a house that looked like that, magic users, and a time travel storyline. However I can't recall the events of the first two episodes I've watched, so I'm not sure if I've seen this before or not...
>>
>>2270386

The worst part of all is that I could not look at this when it first came out... Just look at it last year for Mega's fall... spend almost 3 years waiting to see this... The disappointment was so great that I can not describe it

Seeing the series first was a horrible idea
Is incredibly annoying as he tries (and fails) that the crushing in Tuxedo Mak is a good thing
The way he handled his death (* sigh *) showed that MC only thinks of the TM penis and the other people are irrelevant... The series is the same as the worst Het parts of Precure but worse...

Apparently is going to leave a new TV series with new characters ... personally I just want to not ruin it
>>
File: 1486934737036.png (181KB, 395x574px) Image search: [Google]
1486934737036.png
181KB, 395x574px
>>2270006
Yeah, it also beats me how many people are unaware of pandora and flip flap that I can see them sharing a similar fate in a year or so. Btw, was Kaleido Star popular amoung yuri fans? I was an innocent loli when it was airing.
>>
File: 1484607842152.png (477KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1484607842152.png
477KB, 600x600px
>>2270404
We had some threads on /u/, but I don't think it's popular among yurifans, doesn't stop it from being one of the best anime I've ever seen and one of the best girl/girl relationships too
>>
>>2270355
>Shigofumi
Oh yeah, I remember that one.
Considering the subject of the series I recall /u/ was expectibg the yuri episode to been a tragedy, but it wasn't
>>
>>2270404
>Kaleido Star
I tend to like Junichi Sato's stuff. What should I expect?
>>
>>2270404
>>2270454
I watched it a very long time ago, but I vaguely recall the first season being fine and the second season having some new enraging characters.
>>
>>2269929
>>2270389
Yeah I second that about Kiddy Grade.
I was really weirded out by Kiddy Girl-and when it came out because of its very service-y feeling. In the end, I never even finished the anime (maybe it gets better?).
In comparison I remember loving Kiddy Grade. There is fan-service too but the story is very interesting. It's a very strong show.

>>2270404
Kaleido Star was a show for kids so not sure of its popularity with yuri fans at the time. But now it's pretty much a given :)

To add to the list :
Battle Athletes Victory (well known but old)
Kurau - Phantom Memory
The Third (lesbian character who wants the MC but MC ends up with a man)
>>
>>2269929
I shipped them so much.
>>
>>2269932
>it's made by the guy who made ''All you need is Kill manga''
No wonder the magic system feels like basic programming

>>2269933
When it comes to combining mahou shoujo and depression, this shit predates meguca by few years, though I stopped watching in the halfway because lost of interest.

Anyway, the OVA is yaoi incest, be prepared
>>
>>2270461
My memory is super fuzzy on kiddy girl-and, I remember the premise at the beginning but the actual plot escapes me and I don't recall if I liked it or not, though I didn't dislike it. Kiddy Grade was definitely superior in both plot and characters though, it kinda veers off in the middle of the series but then everything gets pulled back together nicely at the end. Might actually end up watching them both again, one of those series I wish I had a physical copy of.
>>
>>2270454
Expect lots of circus antics and bonding between girls.
>>2270457
I think I recall the enraging characters but they didn't bother me personally, I can't remember what the ending was like but the series is a definite "would recommend" to pretty much anyone.
>>
File: CXdaeB_VAAEiCLI.jpg (13KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
CXdaeB_VAAEiCLI.jpg
13KB, 200x200px
>>2270404
I'll never forget about Pandora! Because I spent hundreds of dollars on it.
>>
>>2270461
Please don't use emoticons.
>>
>>2270389
what is Cross Ange like? I heard it described as being "so bad it's good".
>>
>>2270592
That description is bad, and you shouldn't take that image seriously.
>>
>>2270592
It is probably less fun to watch it alone and not with /a/. The yuri is real though.
>>
>>2270592
It's so bad it's terrible.
>>
>>2270592
Someone there tought it was a good idea to put a dick beetween his Nana/Yukarin fetish, I fucking hated it
>>
>>2270592
All you need to know about Cross Ange is that Hilda is love and Ange a shit.
The Vita game is what the anime should have been, and somehow we're getting a Vita game based on that fucking Punch Line anime localized and not Cross Ange.
>>
>>2270610
Where's the gorilla meme when I need it
>>
>>2270610
Hey, Punchline is yuri in a really twisted way
>>
>>2270375
Does Kaori stop being a bitch to Rhino and warm up to her? I only watched the first few episodes but she has just been a jealous bitch
>>
>>2270633
It's a friendship anime made for kids.
Of course they all become good friends by the end.
>>
>>2270634
Is it really made for kids? I mean they reference lesbian sex for like half an episode
>>
File: oooOO gossip!.png (276KB, 474x444px) Image search: [Google]
oooOO gossip!.png
276KB, 474x444px
>>2270006

>implying Candy Boy was good
>>
>>2270663
The reference is pretty mild though. They don't say explicit terminology.

It's not any worse than the standard pervy scenes in typical shonen shows (also made for kids).
>>
File: mpc-hc64_2016-07-31_00-18-30.png (618KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
mpc-hc64_2016-07-31_00-18-30.png
618KB, 853x480px
Sisters of Wellber: Warning, tons of het in season 2 (I think a few episodes are outright skippable because they're nothing but love triangle drama). However, the romance is so forced and cliche I found it comical rather than annoying. The series as a whole is corny but still fun to watch. It has some similarities to Murder Princess and El Cazador.

Rita and Tina's relationship remains the most important part of the series (it's outright said they value their friendship more than their love interests) and they get a happy ending together, with almost every male character written out or dead. While I wouldn't recommend watching it solely for the potential yuri pairing, it was very surprising to see it end in such a /u/-friendly way.
>>
File: 1458857283660.jpg (90KB, 802x798px) Image search: [Google]
1458857283660.jpg
90KB, 802x798px
>>2270761
Anon pls, the first season was great but the second season was an ireedemable shit show, the MC's lost all their character because they wanted dick so badly, I rarely drop anime but this one really disappointed me.
>>
>>2270706
I'm not implying anything. I'm stating a fact.
>>
>>2270764
Since you dropped it you missed seeing the characters pull through for a glorious gay ending
>>
File: burstangel14.jpg (75KB, 455x599px) Image search: [Google]
burstangel14.jpg
75KB, 455x599px
Burst Angel is pretty great, it's a mecha action thing, the MC is a guy but he doesn't even get as much screen time as Jo does, he's just kind of a viewer stand in, Jo is constantly saving Meg and stuff and most people who watch consider meg/jo canon even though it only ever amounted to some pretty hard core subtext.

It's been a while since I watched it but I remember it being pretty good, although I was younger back then so I might not hold up or it might hold up better than I remember.
>>
>>2270006
Candy Boy is a yuri anime, it is irrelevant in this thread.
>>
>>2270706
Good or not, an incestous lesbian love triangle is something you rarely see.
>>
What was that artsy anime with...a couple of females (four, I think, one redhead?), with a more realistic style approach. 'Bout 10 years ago? I don't even remember what it was about, so I guess this ain't helping any.
I kinda sorta remember there was /u/-ish hints in it.
It might have been something supernatural, which my memory associates with it. Some deaths.
>>
>>2270385
>Soukou no Strain
Really? Why did I think this was hetshit and why isn't it mentioned more often?
>>
>>2270792
This thread is about less well known yuri stuff though. Candy Boy barely ever gets talked about so it's relevant to this thread.
>>
>>2270855
>less well known
It's in the fucking sticky, retard.
>>
Some semi-recent ones:
Koufuku Graffiti
Moretsu Space Pirates
Non-non Biyori
Yama no Susume
>>
>>2270806
>artsy anime with...a couple of females
>redhead
>/u/-ish hints in it
>have been something supernatural
>deaths
All of these point to Red Garden.
>>
>>2270867
Yeah, that was it.
>>
>>2270663
It was late night anime for otaku. And you can take a look at what other manga were in Gao.
>>
>>2270859
Yeah but nobody ever talks about it, that's what I'm getting at.
>>
File: 1481895683827.png (175KB, 601x502px) Image search: [Google]
1481895683827.png
175KB, 601x502px
>dat feel when you've watched almost everything in this thread before. Some even twice.

Hoo man. This thread is bringing back some memories. Stumbling onto yuri once in a while was the best thing to ever happen in those dark days.

I might just watch all of these again just to wash off all this surprise het-flavorings this season.
>>
>>2270937
Would be great to hear some recommendation from you, onee-sama!
>>
File: ao no kanata.png (3MB, 500x2893px) Image search: [Google]
ao no kanata.png
3MB, 500x2893px
Rio Rainbow Gate, is about casinos, the mc had a very romantic relationship with her sister

Ao no Kanata, this is based on a eroge, the anime change the mc and make one of the girls the protagonist and the yuri increased

Kitauji, similar, they add a lot yuri and even a canon couple, the mc still a boy but they don't make a harem

Sasami Gambaranai, this had a good yuri development, in the star the mc had incestuous feeling for her brother, but after she become more independent she had a very romantic relationship with her robot friend

Hyakko, this is another cute girls serie, is had a lot yuri, even one of the few bisexual character who explicity say this
>>
>>2270624
Haha. Half way through that show I was looking up porn of the MC just because it was very important to know if he had a penis or not. Punchline was way better than it had any right to be.
>>
>>2270883
There's a point where there's no discussion left to have over a short OVA series with a short manga tie-in.

I imagine newfags might ask about and oldfags will remember the good old days of pausing on the exact frame to see them kiss in the background, but its time came and went
>>
>>2271024
I watch Candy Boy almost every year during the christmas season. Comfy and canon twincest is hard to beat even after all these years of other offerings.
>>
>Giant backlog created.

Welp time to start digging through these.
>>
>>2270790
I remember watching this on animax and not liking yuri at the time, I always tought ''What the fuck are those lesbians, were are the guys'' Interesting times
>>
File: yotoden.jpg (46KB, 263x475px) Image search: [Google]
yotoden.jpg
46KB, 263x475px
Yotoden is a 3-episode OAV that has very strong googles material in the first episode, but nothing in the other 2.
>>
File: ROD Hisami Anita 235821.jpg (827KB, 1434x2088px) Image search: [Google]
ROD Hisami Anita 235821.jpg
827KB, 1434x2088px
R.O.D. the TV doesn't seem to get to get mentioned much here, even with a one yuri couple and (most likely) 4 lesbian characters.
>>
>>2271509
Seconding this, R.O.D is preety yuri friendly, you should watch the OVA first too, tough the characters in the OVA are not gay they have a preety interesting relationship.
>>
>>2271509
I only remember the TV show as being really weird. Kinda all over the place in tone and pacing.
As in, it fell short of its potential. Oh well, at least not as bad.
>>
>>2271571
>implying Nancy and Yomiko weren't bi for each other
>>
>>2271620
Well that's one valid interpretation
>>
File: vividred20.jpg (267KB, 986x553px) Image search: [Google]
vividred20.jpg
267KB, 986x553px
Vividred Operation. Hella dumb but oh so much fun.
>>
>>2271625
It gave us WakaHima
>>
So how gay is Kaleido Star? From the first few episodes I'm thinking standard shoujo homoeroticism with the rival, blushing at guys without much development?
>>
>>2271835
Pretty accurate, though I I think the "blushing at guys" part was only in the beginning, if at all. I can't really recall how gay it gets, because I read a bunch of fanfics by the end of it and can't remember which parts were canon.
>>
>>2271835
If you manage all the way to the end, including the "Legend of Phoenix" OVA, it's pretty gay.
Sora/Layla's relationship is the most important part of the series, pretty much.

While there were some parts of the show that I struggled to get past (not related to het or romance in general, just story and character issues particularly in the second half) I definitely loved the conclusion that the Legend of the Phoenix OVA provided and don't regret watching the whole series leading up to it one bit.
>>
>>2271835

It's been ages since I watched but IIRC the only het was Sarah and Kate, Ken's crush never goes anywhere.

And yeah Legend of Phoenix was super gay.
>>
File: Kaleido.Star.full.2360.jpg (684KB, 1100x1628px) Image search: [Google]
Kaleido.Star.full.2360.jpg
684KB, 1100x1628px
>>2271882
Don't forget Rita Mordio being totally in love with Sora
>>
Ugh you're all making me want to rewatch Kaleido Star but I dunno if I could sit through New Wings nowadays.
>>
>>2269929
Kiddy Girl And wasn't really yuri though. Yeah they kissed but for the most part it wasn't for romance. By the end of the series I wasn't convinced they loved each other but were close friends. She seemed more likely to love her brother if anything. The original was so much better
>>
>>2272177
>spent the entire anime bonding with Q-feuille
>dreamed of kissing Q-feuille
>choose Q-feuille

Really anon? That's some fucking bias you got there
>>
no mention of Simoun yet?
>>
>>2272264
That one is kinda popular
>>
>>2272177
>>2272263
Ok after watching the last episode again I can see where you are coming from, but she seems to pity him more than anything.
>>
>>2272177
>OP: some series I saw along the years that had some yuri relevance, I mean this type of stuff you wouldn't find on any yuri list
>(You): Hey, this has yuri but for the most part isn't romance
Are you by any chance a retard?

Also
>Kiddy Girl And
>not yuri but close friends
Are you a double retard?
>>
>>2272274
OP here, I still gave a really bad description about Kiddy girl And, the het is clearly heavier than I remember.
>>
Does anyone else remember this?
To know the end you have to read the manga
As far as I remember Yuri's final... I think

Does anyone mention Tamayura?
>>
>>2274900
At least the anime of Alien 9 isn't yuri at all. Unless your goggles are stronger than mine.
>>
>>2274927
Anime only covers half of the manga
The end of the Manga is where things are confirmed
I remember a kiss... I think... I'm not really sure
>>
>>2274927
The manga, especially Emulators, is rather more than goggleable. Kumi loved Yuri and Kasumi loved Kumi. Yuri doesn't return Kumi's feelings (and has a male love interest in Emulators). Ultimately Kumi and Kasumi seem to end up together (they go to California and plan to go to University there).
>>
>>2274900
Girls Crying - The Animation

Almost unwatchable.
>>
File: haibane_renmei_group.jpg (28KB, 293x414px) Image search: [Google]
haibane_renmei_group.jpg
28KB, 293x414px
I don't see .hack//SIGN or Haibane Renmei talked about much. Count them among the list too.

And before anyone says anything, Tsukasa is actually a girl. Only her player avatar is male.
>>
>>2275080
>Spoilers

I remember reading that. I also remember trying to get into .hack//SIGN specifically because I read that. Couldn't get far because it was too slow and boring.
>>
File: Rio and Rina.jpg (231KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Rio and Rina.jpg
231KB, 1920x1080px
>>2270962
>Rio Rainbow Gate
Clearly they fucked since Rio (and no doubt Rina) are naked.
>>
Somehow, I was expecting Kaleido Star to be more cute circus girls doing cute circus things than Whiplash for little girls.
>>
>>2275817
The circus is serious business.
>>
>>2270544
oh you
>>
>>2276385
no you
>>
Vampire Princess Miyu TV has a yuri episode with a twist happy ending; about as surprising as Shigofumi's given that nearly every other episode ends in misery and madness. The TV series as a whole and OVA both have heavy subtext for Miyu, but it never ends well and they also have occasional het text.

Devilman Lady is basically crazy/evil lesbians: the series. The few healthy relationships all end in death.

Stellvia has a yuri subplot with a happy ending, though it's barely text. And the series as a whole is drenched in het.

Inari Kon Kon has a sweet yuri subplot. Though the anime doesn't resolve anything and the manga's ending is bad.

Space Pirate Mito is comparable to Kashimashi, except the gender switch doesn't happen until the end of the first season. The leads do end up together as girls, though.

Utakoi has a yuri text episode, though it has a sad ending.

Boogiepop Phantom doesn't seem too yuri, but the live-action prequel establishes that the relationship between two of the three leads is pretty gay.
>>
File: 267f6659aaad3da7cf2bb8cc318e1c0e.jpg (1013KB, 2286x1593px) Image search: [Google]
267f6659aaad3da7cf2bb8cc318e1c0e.jpg
1013KB, 2286x1593px
.hack//sign
>>
File: aliennineyuri.jpg (46KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
aliennineyuri.jpg
46KB, 800x600px
>>2275066
>unwatchable
I loved it. And iirc, it's only 4 episodes wasn't it? You should give it another try.

And I remember thinking the anime was mildly yuri (at least it was enough so to inspire one of the few pieces of the show's fanart I've ever managed to find), and while the manga was certainly yuri-er, I didn't really care for it at all.
>>
>>2276491
>Vampire Princess Miyu TV has a yuri episode with a twist happy ending;
Anyone care to share what episode that is , so that people can just go search for that one instead of having to watch multiple ones to find it?
>>
>>2276533

Episode 19
>>
>>2276546
Funny, Godannar also had its yuri mini plot in episode 19. Though there was a bit of a prelude to that in ep 18.
>>
File: hitohira.jpg (87KB, 300x426px) Image search: [Google]
hitohira.jpg
87KB, 300x426px
>Nobody remembers
>>
File: 1271260008029.jpg (300KB, 837x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1271260008029.jpg
300KB, 837x1200px
>>2276596
I'm honestly ashamed of myself for being in this thread and not posting this. I even think of it as one of my favorite anime. Seriously, fuck my life.
>>
>>2276491
>Inari Kon Kon
where was the yuri in this again? I watched this ages ago and forgot.
>>
>>2276789
Girl A has a crush on girl B, she gets rejected/friendzoned.
>>
>>2276789
Girl had an adorable crush on her tomboy friend but ultimately had to accept that she didn't feel the same way about her and they ended up staying as friends. More of a "things just didn't work out that way" rather than a knock against her being gay, though a bit of a bummer nonetheless.
>>
File: keiko akemi.jpg (193KB, 728x1031px) Image search: [Google]
keiko akemi.jpg
193KB, 728x1031px
>>2276800
wasn't it kinda left open in the last chapter that they might've gotten together anyway?
>>
You know, this is a pretty usefull thread.
>>
I've seen Love Pheromone and Sisters of Wellber (2?) mentioned a couple years ago but never got around to watching them.
Are they any good?
>>
>>2276789
Not to mention Inari and Uka's relationship is closer than to their respective mates. It frustrated me more than Binbougami.
>>
>>2276596
this is still sitting on my hard drive after seeing someone rec it literally years ago. thanks for giving me motivation to watch it
>>
>>2274900
>>2276529
I liked it a lot too. The OVA a bit more than manga.
>>
>>2278673
>Love Pheromone
Its fucking hillarious, I loved it.

There are two plots every episode; one is about a magical girl duo saving the day (2 on the right), except they're kinda selfish and cruddy people (not assholes though and played for laughs).
The other plot is about a family of 5 witch sisters (the rest in the pic) trying their best to be evil, but their just so good and innocent.
Both plots run concurrently and they almost cross path a bunch of times, until the final episode.

Yuri is light because blue-haired magical girl dreams of having a loli harem, but she never does.

Sorry about the ant-size pic btw.
>>
>>2278983
Wait.
I fucked up.

Its the red-haired one thats the lolicon, The blue-haired one is a shotacon
>>
File: Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku.jpg (2MB, 3431x5000px) Image search: [Google]
Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku.jpg
2MB, 3431x5000px
"Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku" is barely above mediocre (probably why anyone barely mentions it), but it did have an unambiguously yuri MC.
>>
>>2279395
was just thinking about posting that earlier. she had all kinds of yuri fantasy sequences.

did the senpai and purple-haired girl ever reciprocate her feelings though?
>>
>>2279512
You're gonna have to ask someone following the source material for that. Anime ended with them making up with a battle between each other, which a lot anons hated for reasons unknown outside from the usual anime-endings-for-ongoing-manga/novels-are-never-satisfying complaints.
I still quite enjoyed it, and the protag is one the yuri greats, fitting alongside Murcielago's Kuroko in the tolerable crazed lesbian category.
>>
>>2279395
Too many guys for my taste, thanks though.
>>
>>2279542
I agree. I watched the first episode but dropped the series afterwards since I saw so many yaoibait characters introduced and in the op. Plus, I have a suspicion the yuri will never go anywhere in Mikagura.
>>
File: 1465462171275.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1465462171275.png
1MB, 1280x720px
Tamayura.
Subtext, but by the end it would be hard to see it as non-romantic without seeming forced, due to certain situations.
There are 2 pairings and no males their age.
My favorite thing about it and what sets it apart for me is how unexpected the ending was. Not because it was sudden, but because it was definitely not a direction I expected it to take.
It gets progressively better (with some exceptions like Movie 2 being pretty weak), More Aggressive and Movies 3 & 4 being really great.
>>
Avenger, sorta? Never managed to get through it in its entirety.
>>
>>2279547
Pretty much any relationships with boys are purely platonic (imagine that, a lesbian who isn't a dick to males), and while expecting a full-on tribadism scene is maybe a bit too hopeful, there's definitely some barriers being broken down between the MC and the brooding senpai she admires.
>>
>>2279874
I still want to know how the novels go
>>
>>2279874
there was the annoying cousin though
>>
File: erusei.png (467KB, 1034x503px) Image search: [Google]
erusei.png
467KB, 1034x503px
>>2279527
>>2279879
Dunno about the novels, but there was a new song in 2016 (the series is based on vocaloid songs by Last Note)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQDpaOTEiQ

It's told from Seisa's perspective and seems pretty heavily Eruna x Seisa.

>The ‘girl’ who brought me back,
>the ‘sweetness,’ and even the ‘bitterness’
>The recipe of all these three mixed together is something I’ve named
>‘Happiness’
>>
>>2270457
>new enraging characters
>>2271882
>character issues particularly in the second half
>>2271938
>I dunno if I could sit through New Wings nowadays.

So I take it episode 30 isn't going to be about May getting fired for unprofessional behavior, Leon falling on his head and ending up paralyzed from the neck down and Kalos getting arrested for multiple counts of criminal negligence? I guess that means the next 20+ episodes won't be about Sora training and performing in a fiercely competitive but nurturing environment and being given encouragement and the cuddliest possible cunnilingus by Layla either.
>>
File: 2015-08-06_12-56-15.png (260KB, 635x476px) Image search: [Google]
2015-08-06_12-56-15.png
260KB, 635x476px
>>2279950
The beginning of New Wings is indeed the lowest point of the series, but it starts to pick up around episode 34 in which Sora cries herself to sleep thinking she's been NTRed by Layla's new woman. More cunnilingus with Layla will come eventually in the final arc, but this time, it won't be cuddly.

Personally I found May slightly more tolerable when I set my goggles to maximum and interpreted her actions as extreme sexual frustration toward Sora. There's even a scene where she complains how dense Sora is.
>>
>>2280087
That's nice to hear, because I was close to dropping this. It was a huge mistake to try to replicate the pattern of the first season with Sora struggling to reach another performer's level when she should be one of the best circus performers in the world already. To make her suffer as much or more as she did earlier, the antagonists need to be utterly despicable, the people in authority incapable or abusive and Sora herself an utter doormat. Funnily enough, Sora made an excellent critique of all this back when she insisted on giving The Little Mermaid a happy ending because a modern audience doesn't want to watch a heroine who just meekly suffers everything the world throws at her.

The things I sit through for cartoons lesbians.
>>
File: projectako2_10.jpg (59KB, 713x480px) Image search: [Google]
projectako2_10.jpg
59KB, 713x480px
I guess you could say Project A-Ko is the Puni Puni Poemy of the 80's.

It's quite fun and parodies a lot of older anime tropes.

I remember the rival having a crush on blondie in the beginning, can't remember if it continued in the other episodes though.
>>
File: luna-x-akari.jpg (50KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
luna-x-akari.jpg
50KB, 1280x720px
>"Oh it's been a while since I haven't been on 4chan"
>10mn later new backlog with 33 shows
Fuck /u/.

Anyway, I'd mention Gen'ei o Kakeru Taiyō, many found it bad to mediocre but back when it aired it found a small fanbase on /a/. Towards the ending it becomes so bad it's good.
>>
File: yande.re 210883 sample.jpg (224KB, 1500x1025px) Image search: [Google]
yande.re 210883 sample.jpg
224KB, 1500x1025px
>>2281298
Oh I wish this become a franchise like yuyuyu and mahoiku

Rinne no Langrage, is another mecha show, pretty much build a threesome relationship but in the time some people here dislike because they want Madoka x Lan

Mouretsu Pirates, is about a Space Pirates, is had a canon couple but Marika charisma make a bunch of girls fall for her
>>
File: best couple.jpg (1MB, 2715x3461px) Image search: [Google]
best couple.jpg
1MB, 2715x3461px
>>
>>2281535
Well, you'd have to watch Clannad to see them, though. So that's out.
>>
>>2281327
>sample
Better quality.
>>
File: BRS anime.jpg (262KB, 827x831px) Image search: [Google]
BRS anime.jpg
262KB, 827x831px
The /u/ and /a/ threads were a blast. Is the franchise dead besides the toys?
>>
File: Genei ~Sun X Moon~.jpg (447KB, 600x527px) Image search: [Google]
Genei ~Sun X Moon~.jpg
447KB, 600x527px
>>2281298
I can't believe I forgot about Gen'ei.

More people should watch this because it totally got swept under the rug when it came out.
Probably because it was still so soon after Madoka ended, and people just dismissed it as a Meguca-clone
>>
File: michiko-to-hatchin-bike.jpg (56KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
michiko-to-hatchin-bike.jpg
56KB, 1024x576px
>>2269929
Michiko no Hatchin

I mostly watched this for the mother daughter moments. There's het parts but if you can get past those it's a really bittersweet. You'll have a good laugh too from the MC's antics.

I also remember Michiko bullying this kid that turned into a black dyke later on in the series and helps the MC during her journey.
>>
>>2270706
It was pretty fantastic. Excellent visuals, musical score and gayness that was subtle yet undeniable. Not to mention diabetes inducing.

The only problem was the short length.
>>
Fantasista Doll: it's supposed to be an ad for a mobile game, but since this game had little to no substance the anime's creators had some fun with it, kind of like what happened with Milky Holmes or Zettai Bouei Leviathan but with much more moe and less slapstick. Also heavy subtext between the main character and her rival. There are hilarious moments. There were some threads on /u/ when it aired and a bit after but not many.
>>
>>2281688
I remember this. That final battle was essentially about whether harem or monogamy is a better way of life. It was glorious.
>>
>>2276596
I remember watching this when it was airing, but it's one of these series that's just slipped off my radar completely over the years.

How was it for yuri again?
>>
>>2281535
>>2281538
When do they appear?
>>
>>2270163
When I first watched Murder Princess the girls seemed to have strange decision making and staring. It all makes sense now after a rewatch under the assumption that they're lesbians.
>>
File: Re-kan!.full.1889101.jpg (671KB, 866x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Re-kan!.full.1889101.jpg
671KB, 866x1000px
The entire cast of Re-Kan ships these two and they seem to like each other very much, no explicit stuff and a lot of spoopy ghosts
>>
File: going to work together.jpg (3MB, 4168x2825px) Image search: [Google]
going to work together.jpg
3MB, 4168x2825px
>>2281917
When one of them bullies main girl for the sake of the other. Later on they work together and shack up together.
>>
File: strain.jpg (80KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
strain.jpg
80KB, 960x540px
>>2270385
I enjoyed strain, but the only thing that irked me was how Lavinia stilled kept trying to fuck Sarah even after Jessie fell madly in love with her after Lavinia accidentally molested her. Forget the moody bitch and go with the drooling pile of yuri.
But yeah, having a penis on that show was a death sentence.
>>
File: eroneko.jpg (165KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
eroneko.jpg
165KB, 1280x720px
>>2284676
Yeah, even the cat ships them.
>>
>>2284676
Aw yeah. I love watching the Christmas and New year's episodes. It was a pretty great show. No het, the only guy in the "group" is their punching bag, literally and figuratively.
>>
>>2284676
>>2284928
So what kind of show is it? Comedy?
>>
>>2284930
>>2284930
Yeah, though there are a few serious episodes, especially the last 2.
>>
File: tumblr_olegbgJPXb1vz51gwo2_1280.png (178KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_olegbgJPXb1vz51gwo2_1280.png
178KB, 600x337px
Well, there's samurai flamenco.
>>
>>2286407

Moe deserved better.
>>
>>2284930
Pleasant show with ugly digital background. SoL with dash oh supernatural element thrown in.
>>
>>2284775
Not to mention the cat is voiced by Orochimaru's VA from Naruto.
>>
Does Umi no Monogatari count? I only watched like the first 3 episodes but it seemed pretty gay (at least from one side).
>>
Scrapped Princess...?
>>
File: 1472366452743.png (776KB, 1333x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1472366452743.png
776KB, 1333x1000px
>>2276525
>>
ROD, I think it counts. Maybe.
>>
File: 30.jpg (244KB, 499x709px) Image search: [Google]
30.jpg
244KB, 499x709px
>>
File: 31.jpg (238KB, 499x709px) Image search: [Google]
31.jpg
238KB, 499x709px
>>
File: 32.jpg (258KB, 499x709px) Image search: [Google]
32.jpg
258KB, 499x709px
Those of you with a glasses fetish may need a few days to recover after this.
>>
.hacksorz
>>
File: MystressVulpes-437643-Kiyoneee.png (1MB, 1253x1290px) Image search: [Google]
MystressVulpes-437643-Kiyoneee.png
1MB, 1253x1290px
Not sure if this counts. Even if not, there's just not enough of it!!
>>
Nadesico. Pure crack, though.
>>
>>2286407
How did it end ffor them?
Thread posts: 201
Thread images: 75

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.