[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RWBY: Another Hiatus Edition

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 485
Thread images: 251

File: Team7.jpg (131KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
Team7.jpg
131KB, 900x506px
Last Thread >>2248981

>New fic recommendation list: http://pastebin.com/7PfNUaCG

>Old recommendation list: http://pastebin.com/NyBwmzVf

>Ancient rec list: http://pastebin.com/R3TxjN1b

>Ship list: http://pastebin.com/U6sHLcN3

Discuss the uneventful events of V4 here.
>>
File: CvIyVRKUAAA66k9.jpg (53KB, 600x606px) Image search: [Google]
CvIyVRKUAAA66k9.jpg
53KB, 600x606px
>>2262499
In remembrance of Snowpea, the most underused outfit ever.
>>
>>2262875
All the Volume 2 outfits are terrible. And deserve to be completely unmourned.
>>
>>2262881
You are objectively a bad person with bad taste.
>>
>>2262881
You're genuinely insane
>>
>>2262881
>not liking maximum overclip dress
What are you, a Grimm?
>>
File: Saved because Snowpea.png (2MB, 1024x1434px) Image search: [Google]
Saved because Snowpea.png
2MB, 1024x1434px
>>2262881
Your opinions are wrong and you should feel bad.
>>
>>2262993
God no. That's why it is terrible.

>>2262899
Meh. Probably.

>>2262884
>>2263049

Yes. Because sticking bows on the back of Yang's boots and messing up the skirt to pants ratio established with the the default outfits is good character design. Just no.

The only outfits they are better than are the Beacon uniforms, because those shouldn't even exist given that Beacon is a college, and the dance dresses, which also shouldn't exist. Also because Yang's is pure white instead of you know, yellow. Her actual color.
>>
>>2263161
>which also shouldn't exist
>talking shit about Weiss's dress
Nigga you what.

>given that Beacon is a college
Technically, it's closer to a military school, given that they're training Huntsmen, and they're supposed to be elite contractors of sorts. Yes, the whole prom thing and the fact that students lack discipline and are left to their own devices most of the time makes it look like a college, but still. It's an official institution, and uniforms there aren't surprising.

Unless you're Vacuo scum who doesn't have enough money to afford a decent suit.
>>
>>2263248
No. They only have uniforms because of the creators being massive weebs.

It's not a military school in the slightest. Hunters don't answer to a higher authority or anything like that. They freelance. The only time it makes sense for their to be uniforms is Atlas because Atlas pressures their hunters to join the military.

Beacon doesn't. Haven doesn't. Vacuo doesn't. Atlas should be the exception. But it's not, for some asinine reason. Because people can't accept they aren't making a freaking anime.

>which also shouldn't exist
>talking shit about Weiss's dress
>Nigga you what.

Just because it shows off the Schneeflake bearing hips doesn't mean it adds value to the show. The dance arc was stupid and never should have been done. It's full of massive gaping holes in logic.

HOW CAN NO ONE ASK PYRRHA TO THE DANCE? THERE ARE FOUR SCHOOLS WORTH OF HORNY TEENAGE BOYS AT BEACON, THEY'D BE DARING EACH OTHER TO TRY.

It's just so stupid and ignorant of how people work.
>>
>>2263278
>Hunters don't answer to a higher authority or anything like that.
They don't, after they graduate. However, Huntsman Academies are official institutions that are most likely funded by their respective Kingdoms, and students from each Academy has to represent it during activities such as the tournament from V3. Again, it makes sense for them to have uniforms and/or some sort of symbolic every student has to wear to distinguish them from regular civilians or students from other Academies.

And it's not like there aren't cases in the modern world where colleges and universities have compulsory dress codes, especially some elite/private ones.

>doesn't mean it adds value to the show
It's a fucking outfit, mate. It's not like Ruby's default skirt adds much value to the show, either, but I don't see people saying she should be jumping around naked.
>>
>>2263283
They don't wear the uniforms outside of classes. So, no. Your argument makes no sense.

>It's a fucking outfit, mate. It's not like Ruby's default skirt adds much value to the show, either, but I don't see people saying she should be jumping around naked.

Well, it adds value by being an actual good design. Something the show is lacking lately.
>>
>>2263283
They aren't funded by the kingdoms. The school and goverment are separate in all cases except for Atlas. As stated on Volume 3 Chapter 3.
>>
>>2263286
My argument is that there's nothing weird about an elite school requiring students to wear a uniform for whatever reason, whether it's to make the students stand out or because the dean has a fetish for girls in uniforms. I don't see how it disproves that.

>Well, it adds value by being an actual good design.
By the same logic, Ruby's prom dress adds value because it has a decent design.

>>2263287
They have to get their funding somewhere, and it's not like you have to be a part of the government to get money from it. I guess they could get a percentage off paid contracts they offer to willing Hunters/students, but I highly doubt it's enough to sustain an institution that big.

Then again,
>"writers"
>>
>>2263292
>My argument is that there's nothing weird about an elite school requiring students to wear a uniform for whatever reason, whether it's to make the students stand out or because the dean has a fetish for girls in uniforms. I don't see how it disproves that.

Because they don't stand out. They don't wear them off campus or anything. And yes, it is weird for an elite school to require uniforms. They aren't a high school.
>>Well, it adds value by being an actual good design.
>By the same logic, Ruby's prom dress adds value because it has a decent design.

Anything with Ruby in heels is awful by default. And no, it doesn't. Because the prom dress requires prom to exist. And prom is the lowest point of the show.

>They have to get their funding somewhere

Probably from all the kings' money. Or tuition.
>>
File: So-gay-she's-spewing-flowers.png (288KB, 592x615px) Image search: [Google]
So-gay-she's-spewing-flowers.png
288KB, 592x615px
>>2263297
>And yes, it is weird for an elite school to require uniforms.
Especially taking into account that their society is built on self-expression.
>>
>>2263300
That too. It's a society built on creativity and special snowflakeness. Which Ozpin freaking endorses. Why would he make his school that way is beyond me.
>>
>>2263297
>it is weird for an elite school to require uniforms
No it isn't. A great many private schools do. Especially military academies.

>They aren't a high school.
Beacon might as well be. They are all high school aged and everything they deal with in school is high school-esque, including the dance.

I'm not that anon you've been arguing with, but reading through this conversation I think you might be autistic. Like, actually autistic. You seem to have an unnatural dislike for the alternate uniforms simply because they are a change from the default, and I don't even know how to approach something like "messing up the skirt to pants ratio established with the default outfits" without assuming that there is something legitimately off about you.

But ignoring that. The default outfits are all pretty bad. Yang's is easily the worst, it's some shitty rip off of Tifa mixed with some sort of shitty cowboy. Also it has about the same amount of yellow as her hunter outfit, which really doesn't matter either way since having a color doesn't mean you need to be fully decked in in 24/7.
>black spandex shorts with a poofy armed leather jacket and a bright orange scarf
Like what the fuck, who thought this was a good idea.

At least the hunter outfit has cohesive colors (also it's cream, not white) and is made up of actual clothing that looks like it wasn't taken from three random people.

>>2263304
>Trusting Ozpin to actually believe in freedom
>The person who is tricking kids into being child soldiers to protect the relic he decided he should protect and the rest of humanity shouldn't know about
>>
>>2263306
>Yang's is easily the worst, it's some shitty rip off of Tifa mixed with some sort of shitty cowboy.

Ripoff of Squall Leonheart from FFVIII, actually. According to Monty himself.

>No it isn't. A great many private schools do. Especially military academies.

Which Beacon isn't.

>Beacon might as well be. They are all high school aged and everything they deal with in school is high school-esque, including the dance.

Only Ruby is high school aged.
>>
>>2263297
>Anything with Ruby in heels is awful by default.
High heels and dresses are different things.

>Because the prom dress requires prom to exist.
Prom is a part of the RWBY show, therefore RWBY shouldn't have existed at all.
>>
>>2263351
>Prom is a part of the RWBY show, therefore RWBY shouldn't have existed at all.

You're not wrong.

>>Anything with Ruby in heels is awful by default.
>High heels and dresses are different things.

It's part of the outfit. So, no. The whole design is wrong.
>>
File: IMG_3339.jpg (664KB, 2500x1800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3339.jpg
664KB, 2500x1800px
Uh... this thread is about lesbians, right...? I'm in the right place?
>>
>>2263369
Yes, but this is 4chan and it isn't a proper thread until a couple of contrarians try to explain to each other how their opinions are absolute fact.
>>
>>2263312
>Only Ruby is high school aged.

>17
>Not high school aged
Okay.
>>
>>2263436
17 being the average age for year 1 of 4 is basically college.

While I disagree with everything else the other anon is saying, they're right about that. Beacon is definitely a closer equivalent to college than High School.
>>
>>2262870
I stopped watching at the end of V3, did I miss anything? I hear its been pretty shit so far.
>>
File: hugs_2_by_skiretehfox-d7y52ph.png (682KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
hugs_2_by_skiretehfox-d7y52ph.png
682KB, 1000x1500px
>>2263531
Firstly, Volume 4 ended recently. Chibi 2 confirmed for May and Volume 5 this Fall.

About volume 4...
Very rushed pacing. The whole volume is feels like a transition scene between 3 and 5. Instead of focusing on building upon the ideas introduced in 3 they lay the foundations for them to be explored in a later volume while introducing brand new ideas that also only get a setup for later rather than get developed now.

Debatably, there is a lot of wasted runtime as well. Sun spends a whole volume with Blake, but their relationship doesn't change from pre-volume 4 to its end (they stay friends) and we learn nothing about him we didn't know before. He is also used by the writers to prevent the audience from learning new things about Blake to an extent in what is the most frustrating sequence of events in RWBY to date.

If you like Weiss you should watch it I think. Her plotline was fairly well handled and her relationship with her family is interesting on screen. Though, once again, it may feel rushed.

RJNR is good overall. Ren and Nora get runtime and put it to good use. Yang is- Well, the poor girl never seems to catch a break from the writers, or should I say she has too much of a break?
>>
>>2263540
Ruby is pretty much a non-entity, I mean she's there but it somehow feels more like JNR's story.

I can't think of a single time we get a proper insight into what Ruby is feeling beyond the Qrow exposition episode and even then it's just "I'll do my best!"

Just one fucking conversation between her and Qrow while he's poisoned and she's poised to lose another parent figure would have done.
>>
File: C1nYkbEUAAASsMx.png large.png (366KB, 700x598px) Image search: [Google]
C1nYkbEUAAASsMx.png large.png
366KB, 700x598px
>>2263543
Yeah, I should have also mentioned that. Ruby still has the most screentime and lines I believe, but she still remains one of the least developed characters in the show. I do think she did better this volume than past volumes, though, that isn't saying much I know.

Honestly, at this point in the show's lifespan, I think the writing is either going to turn out brilliantly* or horribly with little middle ground. Kinda like how volumes 1 and 2 look very poor without volume 3 to wrap it all together into something better than the sum of its parts. I think that's just the way the show is going to be. A repeating series of awkward and sub-optimal buildups to well executed climaxes.

That's assuming the RWBY crew is doing with volume 4 what I think they are doing. If not then fuck it.

*brilliant for an amateur first time production that has a very low budget
>>
>>2263554
Totally understandable that you'd forget considering how forgettable everything to do with Ruby is.

She got shit-all this volume and maybe I'm just paranoid but half the time when I thought just Ruby was going to give us some standard plot driving protagonist lines Jaune just cuts right in.

In the exposition episode he's asking all the questions, I'm honestly concerned I've just started looking for reasons to despise this fucker now.
>>
>>2263554
Actually, Blake of all characters ended up having the most lines this volume.

Fair considering how little she had in volume 3 until the very end.
>>
File: qa9sbdrx12cy.jpg (504KB, 1200x757px) Image search: [Google]
qa9sbdrx12cy.jpg
504KB, 1200x757px
>>2263743
Blake is really the only girl on the team other than Ruby that really fits the bill of being a main character though, thanks to the entire White Fang plot. Weiss lags behind and only really started coming into her own around mid-late V3 and into V4. Yang continues to do little other than exist.
>>
>>2263743
No, Ruby has the most lines. Although she barely made the cutoff by being given a ten minute long soliloquy.
>>
File: Smile.png (548KB, 600x1588px) Image search: [Google]
Smile.png
548KB, 600x1588px
>>2264025
How though? Other than the ending monologue, what did Ruby actually do the entire volume?
>>
>>2264266
Literally nothing of substance, the bulk of her dialogue is also just procedural lines to move a scene forward or state facts. Very little of the material Ruby receives adds to her character in any meaningful way.

This is why despite receiving the most line of any cast members it doesn't feel like it, Fuby is criminally under-developed.
>>
File: C4Wfg2TUcAAmeDj.jpg (73KB, 650x957px) Image search: [Google]
C4Wfg2TUcAAmeDj.jpg
73KB, 650x957px
I wonder if RT is trying to get Jaune's story out of the way before diving deeper into Ruby's?

Same with the other secondary characters. Get the bulk of their story for this part of the show's lifespan done so once each of the main girls's stories begin they don't have to constantly to explain what's new with Ren and Nora or Sun or whoever else.

I know it's just raw speculation, but it could explain the lack of development on certain ideas like Summer or Raven or Adam this volume. Once RT really gets into these big ideas they can just keep pushing with them without having to put on the brakes. It would be awkward to focus on Blake and Yang this volume only for Sun to be even more annoying than he already was by interrupting scenes related to them. So maybe Miles and Kerry thought it better to save it for after Sun?

Does that make any sense? I'm trying to stay optimistic here.
>>
>>2264268
I'm curious what development people even want for Ruby. She's fairly well-adjusted and generally suited to the life she lives.

Other people get development because they have massive lurking issues, Ruby's biggest issues is the events that are happening right now.
>>
File: Bold Hand Placement.png (193KB, 238x368px) Image search: [Google]
Bold Hand Placement.png
193KB, 238x368px
>>2264286
>Jaune's story
>ever not being the centerpiece

On the more serious side, developing the secondary characters first so they don't have to worry about them during the main character's arcs is pretty ass backwards writing. They're secondary for a reason, let them get some development here and there, but never so much that they're eclipsing the main cast (which they are). Ren and Nora (and I guess Weiss) were the only characters to get solid development this volume. Everyone else is more or less exactly where they were at the end of V3.
>>
Kind of been away

Any AMAZING White Rose fics pop up in the past 3 or 4 months?
>>
>>2264328
>Who are Blake, Cinder and Ozpin?
>>
File: Doctoring 101.png (840KB, 540x1469px) Image search: [Google]
Doctoring 101.png
840KB, 540x1469px
>>2264331
>Blake
Went nowhere. She spent the entire volume going through the exact same arc she had in V3: angst about White Fang, oh no someone I care about got hurt, more angst, I can't let this happen again.

>Cinder
Acted like she was gonna Zuko, didn't Zuko. So nothing actually changed in the end.

>Ozpin Oscpin?
Got me on that one, completely forgot about him. I swear to fucking god if they make Oscar have a crush on Ruby
>>
>>2264342
>Went nowhere.
>Planning on retaking the WF

She didn't have an arc in V3, her interaction with the White Fang was limited to brief scene with Adam in E11. Did you mean V2? Because that was a fairly different arc in which she was obsessed with finding and stopping the WF, as opposed to V4 where she is basically doing the exact opposite.
>>
File: tumblr_oidwg2fTFI1ulztrro1_1280.jpg (223KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oidwg2fTFI1ulztrro1_1280.jpg
223KB, 1280x960px
>>2264396
I think anon is referring to Blake's arc near the end of volume 4 where she is pushed into action by someone she cares about getting hurt.

In a sense, if Blake had started volume 4 wanting to reform the WF it would have made prefect sense seeing what happened in volume 3 and the build up that had preceded it.

It depends on how much you value the idea of Blake being punished for wanting to visit her family and taking a break rather than just going straight into defeating the White Fang. Volume 4 seems like it wanted to build on the idea that Blake can't ever catch a break from the WF even for a short time or for the best reasons. Like in volume 3 she was punished for thinking her past would never catch up with her while she tries to start a new life elsewhere.

I am a bit uncomfortable that the narrative is suggestion that Blake was always suppose to have selected the violent option and she was wrong for ever going for the peaceful route. I dunno, we'll have to see how far Blake goes with Sun's ideas.

And Blake did have an arc in volume 3 imo. Just a very small one with Yang to set up what happens in the penultimate episode. Though it is only apparent with hindsight really.
>>
File: BlakeHug.png (579KB, 550x627px) Image search: [Google]
BlakeHug.png
579KB, 550x627px
>>2264396
>Planning on retaking the WF

Which was not said until her final scene. Wouldn't it have been better to reveal this early on and spend her screentime working towards this, instead of dicking around worrying about the same old WF plotline that's failed to significantly develop at all for the entire series? We knew Adam would be a threat since pretty much the Black trailer, and other than him the WF as a plot device have failed to be anything more than faceless baddies to get beat up and be Blake's "muh past." I get the concept of build-up, but Christ it's been four fucking volumes, at least half of which where the WF plot had significant relevance to the overall story direction (V2 and 4).

It's like Blake and Yang's plots got swapped. After V3, Yang had the build-up of being an emotional and mental wreck. V4 comes, we get barely anything on that front, 90% of her recovery happens offscreen, and she ends up like 13th in total lines for the volume. Blake on the other hand, who just wanted to get away, instead seems to have picked up all of that screentime to show her emotions and crap, all of which we already knew about going into V4. She could've had 10% of the time she got and we would've gotten effectively the same amount of content about her story.

I don't dislike any of the main 4 girls, but Blake's tired whining about the same shit for 4 volumes is getting really old and making her character stale. She's like the opposite of the usual "wide as an ocean, deep as a puddle" approach to the characterization of the show's cast. She's got a lot of depth, but with the surface area of a needle.

Sorry for starting another whole "my opinion>your opinion" thing so soon, but I already typed all this shit up and it's not like the thread's that lively anyway.
>>
hey /u/, i haven't watched this show, but i was considering it. are there actually any canon lesbian couples in it or is it all subtext circlejerking and hopeful shipping?
>>
>>2264455

Not even subtext, dreams and hopes have long been smothered and people carry on out of habits and nostalgia
>>
>>2264455
How long have you been on this board? How long have you lurked?
>>
>>2264455
This is not even remotely /u/. You might think of it like Touhou, where there's not even really much subtext, just a large fandom shipping constantly.

Except Touhou is actually a decent game series and RWBY is a really bad show.
>>
File: si99vho1_r6_1280.png (540KB, 800x764px) Image search: [Google]
si99vho1_r6_1280.png
540KB, 800x764px
>>2264457
Who are you trying to impress? Most of the board ignores or overlooks this thread.
>>
File: tumblr_n6rlalTkQR1ttsubio1_1280.jpg (215KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n6rlalTkQR1ttsubio1_1280.jpg
215KB, 1280x1024px
>>2264455
>>2264459
That said, there is a single character who is pretty gay for her boss, another side character who is very affectionate to one of the main girls, and a briefly seen new character in the latest season who came across pretty gay.
>>
>>2264461
If anon is dumb enough to ask then they hasn't spent enough time on the board to know what gets discussed. In fact it's pretty obvious since they're trying to be clever.
>>
>>2264464
You what?

They asked an entirely reasonable question. Clearly they've never bothered to hang around in these threads, which is true of most people on /u/. "Is this series canon lesbian or just subtext and shipping" is pretty much what any standard /u/ lurker would ask when approaching a series they don't know much about.

Are you sure you aren't the new one?
>>
>>2264455
There was a pretty affectionate girl toaster. "Was" being the key word here.

Other than that, no, it's just heaps of hopeful shipping due to a large number of single female characters in the cast.
>>
File: ladybug_by_xxaurelia-d707rns.png (278KB, 828x732px) Image search: [Google]
ladybug_by_xxaurelia-d707rns.png
278KB, 828x732px
does anyone read Ladybug Diary? In the most recent chapter, they had sex, right?
>>
>>2264555
Who cares, didn't you see them holding hands?!
>>
>>2264562
I know! And for almost half an hour!
>>
File: C4c6k2wVYAAA8kZ.jpg:orig.jpg (94KB, 961x684px) Image search: [Google]
C4c6k2wVYAAA8kZ.jpg:orig.jpg
94KB, 961x684px
>>
>>2264555
I read it first when I was really tired and thought it was ambiguous. I just reread it and yeah, they totally did it.

I wish the author had built up to it a bit more, what with how nervous Ruby was the last time they were alone together.
>>
File: tumblr_ol8fc1ryYw1sjnw4do1_1280.png (94KB, 583x495px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ol8fc1ryYw1sjnw4do1_1280.png
94KB, 583x495px
>>2264455
Hopeful shipping mostly, but the other anons left out that there are narrative hints to at least one /u/ pairing between two of the main girls, but the actual in show subtext is pretty loose. It's there, but it doesn't really get built on directly and it's questionable if it is the creators just teasing fans or if they intend to build on it later.
>>
File: 1449603784788.png (2MB, 1956x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1449603784788.png
2MB, 1956x2000px
>>
>>2264342
>Acted like she was gonna Zuko, didn't Zuko.

So, exactly like Zuko in Book 2?
>>
>>2264630
Can a Zuko not Zuko? I thought Zukos Zukoed by default.
>>
>>2264632
Well, he didn't Zuko in the finale of Book 2. That was the twist. He Zukoed in the other direction super hard despite the buildup of his redemption.
>>
>>2264455
>>2264608
This. As it stands there i'd say 50/50 chance at /u/ happening for one ship in particular.

But if it is going to be canon, it won't happen for years.
If you wanna get in just for the /u/ either wait for the series to finish or join us in the madness and make due with fan-fiction.
>>
>>
>>2264608
>other anons left out that there are narrative hints to at least one /u/ pairing

No, we deliberately didn't mention it because that is the hopeful shipping. There has been absolutely nothing within the show to suggest they'll end up together or even remotely feel that way about each other, they are just teammates/friends until something actually happens to indicate otherwise.
>>
>>2264694
Henceforward is quite nice (I really dig the whole dust fusion with Weiss thing especially), I just wish it updated more often.
>>
File: tumblr_okvp9vCRlS1r6qp7wo3_1280.jpg (704KB, 1200x1114px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_okvp9vCRlS1r6qp7wo3_1280.jpg
704KB, 1200x1114px
How very lewd
>>
>>2264744
Whatever Ruby and Weiss are up to off panel looks pretty fucking lewd too.
>>
File: C4XVxSQUMAAi8_b.jpg large.jpg (252KB, 1474x2048px) Image search: [Google]
C4XVxSQUMAAi8_b.jpg large.jpg
252KB, 1474x2048px
>>2264725
I already said it is mostly hopeful shipping?

Narrative-wise there are a few signs of a setup for a future romantic arc. Blake and Yang have the closest dynamic aside from Jaune and Pyrrha in volume 3 as well as Ren and Nora in volume 4. Though it is hard to tell for sure. We're so early in the main story still it is impossible to accurately predict where it will go. But the possibility remains and it is a fairly decent possibility since the Blake-Sun dynamic is nowhere near as strong which (to me) only makes sense if it was intended to have them end non-romantically. Though Blake and Sun failing to form a pair does not automatically mean Blake and Yang is around the corner. It is also possible none of the girls will end up paired at all.

A narrative setup isn't the same as actually going through with it, true. Which is also why I mentioned that it is questionable if the subtext that we have gotten (which is mostly one-sided flirting on Yang's part) is actually going to go anywhere or if it is just teasing.

Not every romantic story needs to begin as one and the substance in the Blake-Yang story is on par with the relationships that did start romantically. That's a sign of something, but I will concede it isn't a very strong one. Hence the word hopeful. At least it isn't blind shipping.
>>
File: Tears and Clipping..png (634KB, 1280x725px) Image search: [Google]
Tears and Clipping..png
634KB, 1280x725px
>>2264758
>mostly one-sided flirting on Yang's part
The flirting could easily just be brushed off as Yang being Yang.
But honestly pic related is what convinced me BB could actually happen.

Still not sure it will happen, but there are plenty of ways they could write this that it does end up happening.
>>
File: tumblr_ojl9se58qt1rzqfv9o1_1280.jpg (245KB, 1280x974px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ojl9se58qt1rzqfv9o1_1280.jpg
245KB, 1280x974px
>>2264758
>Narrative-wise there are a few signs of a setup for a future romantic arc
Like?

>But the possibility remains and it is a fairly decent possibility since the Blake-Sun dynamic is nowhere near as strong
I'm sorry, but that's purely goggles.

Blake and Yang hardly even spoke until the conversation in V2, and Blake spent a couple days with Sun and was the one Blake opened up to first. He's also the one she went to the dance with in V2, he's openly expressed interest in her and she's blushed over him--not to mention that Sun is the one who's gone with her to Menagerie, met her parents and from the first volume has been the one most involved with the WF plot line.

>Not every romantic story needs to begin as one and the substance in the Blake-Yang story is on par with the relationships that did start romantically.
That was what I was trying to express. It's fairly misleading to tell anyone asking about yuri potential that there are any romantic hints between Blake and Yang when there really aren't. Just because they are friends and some other people who are friends have romantic subplots doesn't make being friends an indication of romance. PLus it's pretty silly to compare Renora and Arkos to BB hint wise, since:

>the substance in the Blake-Yang story is on par with the relationships that did start romantically. That's a sign of something
Is absolutely not true with regards to romance.

The first interaction on screen between Jaune and Pyrrha is Jaune wondering outloud where he'll find a nice quirky girl, and the romantic subtext in their relationship was extremely heavy from the start. Nora blushes over Ren and embarrassedly talks about not being "together, together" in the first monologue where she and Ren are introduced as characters.

This isn't to say that BB isn't an eventual possibility, but there is nothing within the first 4 volumes (i.e. the entire show up to this point) that implies romance between them.
>>
>>2264809
Id hope it would end up as Yang hunting down Blake and having an emotional moment of Blake apologizing and Yang trying to stay mad but just hugs her and they both start crying. Then Sun gets the hint he has no chance with how Blake feels about Yang. And BB starts.
>>
>>2264845
>RWBY
>characters showing actual emotions on-screen
>>
>>2264840
Yeah, I gotta agree. As sad as it is, there's really no hint of anything there. And I love BB.
>>
>>2264562
So lewd!
>>
>>2264740
It also needs more romance

The White Rose moments are way too few
>>
>>2264740
I think it's sad that as cliche and incoherent Kuma's story and grammar are, I do think the overarching plot and theme is much more clear and consistent than the actual show. And she actually manages to do what K&M could never do, that is to give RWBY decent exposure and development, and also make Sun and Jaune actually likable without having them hoarding all the screen time.
>>
File: b1a131e70de11344e4655e5bdd16a50b.png (214KB, 500x1273px) Image search: [Google]
b1a131e70de11344e4655e5bdd16a50b.png
214KB, 500x1273px
>>2265016
I mean, all it really takes to be better than M&K is just give a shit about team RWBY because M&K clearly don't.
>>
>>2264840
>Sun has been the one most involved with the WF plot line.
I would agree if it weren't for this >>2264809
Adam cutting off Yang's arm forces Yang to be involved in the White Fang plotline.
Yes Sun has so far been more involved in WF stuff so far, but so far he has no direct emotional connection to that fight other than, being a faunus and his connection with Blake.

Yang got mutilated as she was trying to save her partner by, essentially, the leader of the White Fang. I'll give you all your other points, but I would argue that Yang is now more directly connected with the WF plotline(or maybe just the Adam plotline which is just as if not more important when it comes to Blake's arc) than Sun is. Right now Sun's involvement has been limited to "Eh, why not", and from this point forward a need to protect his Academy.
>>
>>2265043
>I used the phrase 'so far' 3 times in the same sentence.

Man, I really shouldn't type shit when i'm tired.
>>
>>2265043
>forces Yang to be involved in the White Fang plotline
Just watch them fuck it up and send Yang off on an incredible "adventure" looking for Raven for the next fifty volumes while Blake deals with White Fang and Adam.
>>
>>2265159
>Adam
>Lasting that long

He's barely just graduated Huntsman tier. (He's approximately twenty-three, to be specific.)

He'll be gone by the Volume 6 finale.
>>
>>2265191
Only he has an army of zealots backing him up.
>>
>>2265192
The only one that's even remotely a threat is Banesaw and maybe Illia.
>>
>>2265211
>The only ones we were shown to be a threat
FTFY
I'm pretty sure White Fang has more that five members.
>>
>>2265214
The rank and file are a joke.
>>
>>2265221
And yet they beat the snot out of Ruby when she drops her scythe.

I honestly have no idea how I am still furious about that.
>>
>>2265361
I know, anon, I know.
That scene would have been so much better if they had shown Banesaw's silhouette before knocking Ruby out. That would've both hyped up the train fight and, well, would've made the scene not dogshit.
>>
>>2265221
I was implying that they will show more named not-faceless members of the White Fang, not that the cannon fodder will suddenly stop jobbing.
>>
>>2265159
I don't really see how that'd be a fuck up. She's been looking for her mother most of her life. Adam is one villain who caused a wound that's already fixed and who she's mildly traumatized by. Adam is, and has always been, Blake's problem. Just because Yang got in the middle and got hurt doesn't suddenly shift him over to being her arch foe.

It's like people who think Jaune should be the one to defeat Cinder because of Pyrrha when the series has continually been setting Ruby up to be the person in that spot.
>>
>>2265484
>I don't really see how that'd be a fuck up.
Because it would mean she'll spend the rest of her time away from the group chasing a ghost that has no personality or anything interesting about her.
>>
>>2265484
>It's like people who think Jaune should be the one to defeat Cinder because of Pyrrha when the series has continually been setting Ruby up to be the person in that spot.

But Cinder is Zuko.
>>
>>2265485
>a ghost that has no personality or anything interesting about her.

To us. But she is Yang's mom, moms are always important.
>>
>>2265485
>a ghost that has no personality or anything interesting about her.
Only because she has only had a couple scenes.

But even in those few scenes, Raven has a stronger and more consistent personality than Adam, and is infinitely more interesting. One of Yang's very few meaningful character traits is her relationship with Raven and finding her, throwing that away would be the fuck up.
>>
>>2265782
>let's not chase the stalker trying to kill my best friend and hopefully future girlfriend, let's instead go after the person who has no direct ties to me except by name!

Needless sarcasm aside, what exactly do people think will happen when Yang finds Raven? I say 'when' because I do agree she'll try going after deadbeat mom, finding Blake and on that note, likely Adam before she goes after Raven.

>inb4, Raven cuts off Yang's other arm
>>
File: Happy ending.png (2MB, 1024x1497px) Image search: [Google]
Happy ending.png
2MB, 1024x1497px
>>2265782
Oh, they definitely shouldn't throw the Raven/Yang dynamic out.
Hell, later down the line, I wouldn't mind Yang having a half season to herself to have some good character interactions with Raven, but if you think Adam's not going to eventually get beaten in a Bumblebee Tag-team fight, you're off your damn rocker.

I mean for fuck sake, the lyrics to Armed and Ready is all about Yang being ready to beat the ever-living shit out of Adam the next time they meet.

Plus the Bumblebee implications and Yang helping Blake kill her demons, but that's just a bonus really.
>>
>>2265826
>That last spoiler
If that actually happened, I think I would just start uncontrollably laughing.
>>
>>2265826
>Let's chase after the person who effortlessly cut me down with a single strike, who I know absolutely nothing about beyond him being part of the White Fang and whose probably well guarded location I couldn't even begin to guess
>>
>>2265842
She's not gonna have a confrontation with him until she at least meets up with Blake.
Right now, she's gonna find Ruby cause she means more to her than finding Raven. When she meets up with the whole team, it'll just be a matter of who the plot forces her to run into first, but Raven and Adam will both get their turn on Yang's side of the plot.
>>
File: C4QYKknUEAEsgq8.jpg (133KB, 1000x757px) Image search: [Google]
C4QYKknUEAEsgq8.jpg
133KB, 1000x757px
Did anyone screenshot that one anon a few threads ago that said they knew one of the animators and said a bunch of crap about what would happen by the end of the volume? All I remember is that they said RWBY would be getting back together and Tyrian would have another appearance.
>>
>>2265852
>She's not gonna have a confrontation with him until she at least meets up with Blake.
She's probably not ever going to, because is Blake's fight to deal with.
>>
File: tumblr_okhpnnFuju1r3urr5o1_1280.png (983KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_okhpnnFuju1r3urr5o1_1280.png
983KB, 1280x960px
Just watched RTX Sydney panel, only worthwhile info revealed was that Neo will definitely be coming back eventually. Pretty much every other question was either "can I give you this" or spastic fangirling.

Although they did kind of blanch at a question about grimm faunus.
>>
>>2265853
I didn't screenshot cause I assumed they were full of shit, which I guess is confirmed now.
>>
>>2265857
>this is Blake's fight to deal with
Blake, I thought Sun already went over this with you.
Now get the fuck off 4chan and progress you're plot-line already so we can finally get Bumblebee reunion.
>>
>>2265826
>Raven cuts off Yang's other arm
I'm willing to pay real actual money to have this in the show.
>>
Comfy
>>
>>2265826
Raven will redeem herself by killing Adam.
>>
>>2265870
>you're plot-line
>you're
>>
File: 1410354778876.png (346KB, 1000x695px) Image search: [Google]
1410354778876.png
346KB, 1000x695px
Has anyone ever tried to tell Miles and Kerry that their writing is absolute shit?
>>
>>2266084
Give me a break. I typed that shit around midnight.
>>
File: rosy_fantasy_by_reinver-d9uopfb.jpg (205KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
rosy_fantasy_by_reinver-d9uopfb.jpg
205KB, 1024x1024px
I need some White Rose fluff, stat. Preferably of the hand-holding variety.
>>
File: helloagain.png (201KB, 410x860px) Image search: [Google]
helloagain.png
201KB, 410x860px
https://store.roosterteeth.com/products/rwby-pyrrha-12-plush
>>
File: iceflower.jpg (704KB, 909x1544px) Image search: [Google]
iceflower.jpg
704KB, 909x1544px
the manga looks like it's being cute recently. I need to catch up.
>>
File: 1484695469274.png (483KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
1484695469274.png
483KB, 600x750px
>>2266089
Yes. Miles responded simply by saying "I really don't need to read any more tumblr posts about how terrible I am."
So you can probably imagine how it went.
>>
>>2266268
Jesus Christ they're practically hugging. I bet they accidentally nudged elbows a few times when they were sat down for lunch later too, the degenerates.
>>
>>2266255
>that pic
Holy shit I just spit out my water.
Why the fuck is this so funny.
>>
>>2266277
Did it end with a bunch of tumblr posts about how terrible he was?
>>
>>2266268
I would love to catch up if I knew where it was being posted
>>
File: 4e5db11772e1211d0c12ae6665f9d8ff.gif (122KB, 600x1399px) Image search: [Google]
4e5db11772e1211d0c12ae6665f9d8ff.gif
122KB, 600x1399px
>>2266285
I bet they "accidentally" kept trying to reach for the same things so their hands would "accidentally" touch, the absolute filth.
>>
File: tumblr_nzthu5kR031u0ng1mo1_1280.jpg (73KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzthu5kR031u0ng1mo1_1280.jpg
73KB, 750x600px
>>2266458
Weiss probably offered to brush Ruby's hair after her shower the next morning too, but in a totally platonic, not gay, just friends way, and only because they might be late to class if she lets Ruby fumble around and do it herself. Ruby conveniently forgets to remind Weiss that it is Saturday after she starts running her fingers softly through her hair, the disgusting pervert.
>>
File: 1434727818706.jpg (223KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1434727818706.jpg
223KB, 1280x1280px
>>2266223
>>
File: kinky white rose smut.gif (2MB, 897x627px) Image search: [Google]
kinky white rose smut.gif
2MB, 897x627px
>>2266535
Dear lord, doesn't Vale have obscenity laws these dirty homoqueens have to adhere to?
>>
File: 1484861577330.png (242KB, 600x921px) Image search: [Google]
1484861577330.png
242KB, 600x921px
>>2266642
They probably justify it as some kind of self-expression bullshit. Still doesn't explain why Ruby's bed hasn't been slept in for weeks now, though.
>>
Hope you're all ready for /co/ overflow.
/RWBYg/ just got kicked to /trash/ just like last year.
>>
>>2266993
Fucking goddamn it.
>>
>>2266998
I know, the finale came out on YouTube 3 fucking days ago.

The mods jumped on that shit lightning fast.
>>
File: 1472070759214.png (3MB, 760x6603px) Image search: [Google]
1472070759214.png
3MB, 760x6603px
>>2266993
/co/ at least knows that Jaune is shit right?

Right?
>>
File: 1456522716981.png (552KB, 600x708px) Image search: [Google]
1456522716981.png
552KB, 600x708px
>>2267014
It's a mixed bag
>>
>>2267014
Some do, others self-insert as him.
>>
>>2267014
Don't worry about it, most will be good bois and go to /trash/.
Those who don't already belong here will get swept up by mods if they do something too shit-posty.
>>
File: Dohohoho.png (251KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
Dohohoho.png
251KB, 900x600px
>>2267019
Solid edit.
>>
File: tumblr_n1ic257VRA1tsnc1bo1_1280.gif (402KB, 650x680px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n1ic257VRA1tsnc1bo1_1280.gif
402KB, 650x680px
>>2262870
The General is Dead.
>>
File: 60356762_p0.jpg (691KB, 847x3096px) Image search: [Google]
60356762_p0.jpg
691KB, 847x3096px
>>2267052
Good. I can just post about WR here for the next 8 or whatever months.
>>
>>2267073
>posting males
>>
File: 3.jpg (54KB, 600x625px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
54KB, 600x625px
Bumblebee is GOAT.
Bee's Schnees is runner up.
>>
File: 1408423415580.jpg (566KB, 880x920px) Image search: [Google]
1408423415580.jpg
566KB, 880x920px
>>2267102
That pic has been posted plenty of times before with no issue, lurk moar
>>
bees
>>
File: tumblr_olambnQFeH1r3l45wo1_1280.jpg (91KB, 500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_olambnQFeH1r3l45wo1_1280.jpg
91KB, 500x1000px
>>2267574
bees
>>
File: Bugs.jpg (2MB, 4000x2361px) Image search: [Google]
Bugs.jpg
2MB, 4000x2361px
Ladybugs
>>
File: 31.jpg (97KB, 1241x468px) Image search: [Google]
31.jpg
97KB, 1241x468px
Pollination
>>
File: tumblr_okvw77DZYT1u4dvybo1_1280.jpg (754KB, 1200x801px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_okvw77DZYT1u4dvybo1_1280.jpg
754KB, 1200x801px
>>2267322
>Haha it's fine to post males on /u/ because the mods didn't notice
>telling other people they need to lurk more

>>>/trash/
>>
>>2267726
>getting buttmad over >>2267073
>But not over >>2267019
>>
>>2267726
>We cannot post comics about lesbians and lesbian activities if men appear in them anywhere
>We cannot post images in general about lesbians and lesbian activities if men appear in them anywhere

How about no and fuck you instead?
>>
>>2267934
>I don't know anything about the reason why
>better get hostile
Always a fun time after a season ends and we get the dregs of /co/ visiting.
>>
>>2267934
How about you read the rules?
>>
File: tumblr_olbk6cNbL11ulztrro1_1280.jpg (434KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_olbk6cNbL11ulztrro1_1280.jpg
434KB, 1000x750px
>>2267948
The rules also say the topic of a thread should be of Japanese origin. This whole thread shouldn't exist. Several active threads on this board shouldn't exist.

The rules only matter as much as the mods enforce them. Report a post if it triggers you that much and wait for them to take action otherwise, you can always hide it.

And talking about the rules is equally off topic if not worse. How is a thread dedicated to lesbian discussion and image posting this controversial?

Also, bumblebees are the best kind of bees.
>>
File: 31428effd58fc7cbe665d67b6fa99b6a.png (423KB, 800x1538px) Image search: [Google]
31428effd58fc7cbe665d67b6fa99b6a.png
423KB, 800x1538px
Any good WR fics lately?
>>
>>2267937
What's hostile about a simple dismissal? Everyone is tired of this discussion. Every time it comes up, the mods don't do anything because A) You don't report or B) You do but they deem it fine.

I'm honestly a little sick of treating this like a real discussion after two years of it. So I'm not going to be polite or elaborate on the point anymore, because the matter is effectively settled and you're wrong.
>>
>>2267951
You want a reason why the male thing is more enforced than being ultra selective weeabo? Here's the reason: we're a red board. It's not a surprise not many people remember it considering how this board grew into more of a discussion board but it was and is for porn. I'd rather them be overzealous with this rule than the others. If there ever was a case for a slippery slope it's using the excuses >>2267934 listed. Those same excuses could be applied to porn and no one here wants to see dick but being anything except staunchly against it allows for it to creep in through various means.

You are right though about it largely being self-moderated when it comes to sniping sfw pictures, however ignorance of rules doesn't excuse them from being told to get fucked for posting such things because they think it 'fits'.
>>
File: IMG_0673.png (615KB, 875x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0673.png
615KB, 875x1280px
>>2267937
And more over, stuff your board elitism up your arse. You either have been here for a while and know you're wrong or you've not and are a just a shitstarter.

Either way you're a precocious little cunt.
>>
File: IMG_0448.jpg (784KB, 1200x1006px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0448.jpg
784KB, 1200x1006px
>>2267962
>Slippery slop
>Porn is the same as an appearance in a comic for character reasons
>I'm the only thing standing between this board and an avalanche of DICKS!!!

So just to clarify you know that you're wrong but have made a continuing commitment to being wrong on principle.

Well a least you believe in something I suppose.
>>
File: tumblr_o5odrbxjbA1vnaw43o1_1280.jpg (140KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o5odrbxjbA1vnaw43o1_1280.jpg
140KB, 800x1000px
>>2267647
bees
>>
File: 1.jpg (185KB, 1356x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
185KB, 1356x1024px
>>2267983

Bees
>>
>>2267962

I agree. I really don't see any case where dicks should be tolerated.
>>
>>2265191
Please, like any of the writers care about what a characters actual skill level would be. I mean, we are talking about a series where the 15-yr old 'protagonist' is shown cutting through dozens of werewolfs, and is later caught by some dude with a cane who's barely trying.
>>
>>2265365
Or at least something among the lines of Roman/WF actually putting in effort, as apposed to 'magical fishing cane a-go-go'
>>
>>2265860
I would love it if some people actually asked critical questions/showed open criticisms of RWBY at panels. Rooster teeth seems to be extremely blind to RWBYs faults.
>>
>>2267955
http://archiveofourown.org/works/9542465
Lewd, and decent.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/8945245 - not sure how quick romance will develop, but seems worth keeping an eye on, writing seems OK.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/9608960 - College AU, but good

http://archiveofourown.org/works/9516455 - longish oneshot, rly good imo

And that's most of what I've noticed recently.
>>
File: tumblr_ohrv48ug4Y1tw1mleo1_1280.png (403KB, 1000x762px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohrv48ug4Y1tw1mleo1_1280.png
403KB, 1000x762px
>>2267964
>>2267972
Not that anon, but it is a slippery slope, and the board is already sliding down it. It's the reason shit like >>2225086 now goes for weeks without image deletion, and these threads have become progressively more lax about the issue.

>It's fine if it's yuri and there are guys in the background
>It's fine if it's yuri and they are talking to guys
>It's fine if the guys have their hands all over the girls, as long as they do anything

Lack of moderation should not be encouraged. Don't post males you shitters, it's not hard, there are literally thousands of RWBY images without them.
>>
File: pon.png (448KB, 472x4600px) Image search: [Google]
pon.png
448KB, 472x4600px
I really wish I had a pic of RWBY eating popcorn. It would go really well with this discussion.
>>
>>2268211
What discussion it's one or two crossboarders thinking they know the board and one or two extreme autists that pay attention to their board
>>
File: tumblr_mw579nKXKf1qal81do3_1280.png (303KB, 1183x596px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mw579nKXKf1qal81do3_1280.png
303KB, 1183x596px
>>2268212
Exactly.
>>
File: 1415218819390.png (208KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1415218819390.png
208KB, 600x600px
>>2266277
There a screenshot of that?
>>
File: IMG_0675.png (676KB, 680x1103px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0675.png
676KB, 680x1103px
>>2268174
Dank example that isn't even from this thread, you daft bint.

There is a difference between appearance and feeling up and if you can't tell that difference then you're a moron. But still none of this matters because the mods aren't on your team so take your autism and stuff it up your cunt.

Out of curiosity do you drink from the same water supply as the "Implied male viewer" poster?
>>
>>2268072
Pretty sure they're aware of some but pointedly ignore most of them.
>>
Remember to report any and all off-topics posts imoutos. Even if it has a picture you should report it.
>>
>>
File: VUgt4hD.png (132KB, 400x700px) Image search: [Google]
VUgt4hD.png
132KB, 400x700px
>>2268461
In denial Weiss best Weiss
>>
File: 1466272325904.png (352KB, 600x847px) Image search: [Google]
1466272325904.png
352KB, 600x847px
>>2268520
>>
>>2267934

You made your thread go to /trash/, you think we want your advice?
>>
>>2268542
Moving on from any attempt to continue the argument you lost, I like it!

At worst I'm guilty of responding to an idiot doesn't mean they weren't being an idiot.
>>
>>2268556
I'm not the anon you were talking to, but nice assumption.
>>
File: 1380949892127.png (195KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
1380949892127.png
195KB, 500x666px
>>2268572
Well there's still no attack on the argument even coming to it with fresh eyes, in some ways this just makes it worse.
>>
File: 1410469371142.jpg (360KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1410469371142.jpg
360KB, 707x1000px
>>2268329
It was from a sponsor-only let's play video with Miles and someone else who no one remembers or cares about. I think they were playing Alien: Isolation, if I remember right.
>>
File: C40RscVVcAEhNnB.jpg (102KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
C40RscVVcAEhNnB.jpg
102KB, 800x600px
time for the Always Open art to start
>>
>>2268861
I'm not even 2 minutes in and the shot is already called strawberry sunrise. Scandalous.
>>
File: 1484695771219.jpg (1MB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1484695771219.jpg
1MB, 1024x1024px
>>2269088
Let me know when the Bumblebee arrives and Arryn and Barb agree to share Lindsay's at the same time.
>>
File: FV0ksfq.jpg (95KB, 800x620px) Image search: [Google]
FV0ksfq.jpg
95KB, 800x620px
>>2268861
>Arryn always signs RWBY posters on Blake's butt
>Lindsay always signs Weiss stuff on her butt

>>2269100
Nothing yet really. The post-show comes out tomorrow where they'll be specifically talking about RWBY though, so no doubt it will come up.
>>
>>2269125
>Lindsay always signs Weiss stuff on her butt
So does that mean Weiss' butt is Ruby's property?
>>
>>2269335
This is the ship with probably the cutest fanarts in all yuri fanart history.
>>
>>2269349
It's half the reason I like the ship so much. They're made for cute fluffy goodness. Too bad the most we've gotten for them in the show recently is Weiss' hand placement in the team RWBY photo.
>>
>>2269352
That's too bad. I have only watched RWBY a little bit but they did seem to have a good chemistry. And the fanarts are way too cute that I have to go hug my pillow once I look at some of them.
>>
File: tumblr_obmtsvrzyv1uet5fdo1_1280.jpg (214KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_obmtsvrzyv1uet5fdo1_1280.jpg
214KB, 800x900px
>>2269356
I only wish there was more art of Weiss as the big spoon. She looks like the kind of girl that would secretly love cuddling.
>>
>>2269361
Secretly? She'd be all over that girlie so much that Ruby's waist becomes a pillow. I'd do the same too with someone as cute as her.
>>
File: 1412815793336.png (510KB, 1083x997px) Image search: [Google]
1412815793336.png
510KB, 1083x997px
>>2269368
Gotta maintain the tsun somehow.
>>
>>2269380
No tsun worths not doing this to her!
>>
File: 1417579695059.png (352KB, 824x2264px) Image search: [Google]
1417579695059.png
352KB, 824x2264px
>>2269395
She tries so hard though
>>
File: t3_5ujqte.jpg (684KB, 1300x867px) Image search: [Google]
t3_5ujqte.jpg
684KB, 1300x867px
>>
File: 12301230780312312213145.jpg (2MB, 6555x1320px) Image search: [Google]
12301230780312312213145.jpg
2MB, 6555x1320px
Pick: friendly cuddle, lewd cuddle, clingy cuddle, one morning after being married for 5 years cuddle
>>
File: Love.png (980KB, 842x2965px) Image search: [Google]
Love.png
980KB, 842x2965px
>>2269125
Post show, aka the closest thing we'll have to RWBY being reunited until V5 here if anyone's interested:

http://wpc.1765A.taucdn.net/801765A/video/uploads/videos/dff210d2-4707-4878-ab6c-aa2ecc4c0279/index.m3u8

No explicit mention of shipping or anything, but overall I think they all gave some pretty good input on their own characters. Most notable parts were that Lindsay was told to play Ruby as "forcing herself to be happy" this volume and is going to be reaching her breaking point soon, and that she and Kara are both really looking forward to the Ruby/Weiss reunion and expect it to be very, very emotional and gay.
>>
File: b0e50a8e2d5677d02b9289080ee18be1.png (496KB, 800x1189px) Image search: [Google]
b0e50a8e2d5677d02b9289080ee18be1.png
496KB, 800x1189px
>>2269572
The Ruby/Weiss reunion being super emotional and gay is all I really ask for out of V5, so I can't wait.
>>
>>2269441
Friendly cuddle Ruby, lewd cuddle Yang, clingy cuddle Blake, 5 year marriage cuddle Weiss
>>
File: 61d374_5933658.jpg (140KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
61d374_5933658.jpg
140KB, 1024x576px
>>2269780
It will be more like this.
>>
>>2270111
I would get all squishy inside if it were the other way around.
Ruby is just like 'sup?'
Weiss immediately throws her arms around her and pets her hair.
>>
File: love_by_ram_jam-d8j69uc.png (815KB, 917x866px) Image search: [Google]
love_by_ram_jam-d8j69uc.png
815KB, 917x866px
>>2270118
How do you get all "squishy" inside?
>>
File: 60132200_p2.jpg (244KB, 539x700px) Image search: [Google]
60132200_p2.jpg
244KB, 539x700px
>>2270118
It's pretty easy to imagine either one being the one to get all emotional and shit, so I'll expect both to get all clingy and shit at the same time here.
>>
>>2270120
Well you see, when a girl looks at something she finds sexually stimulating, her woman parts start to rise in temperature...
>>
>>2270120
Hydraulic press.
>>
>>2267955
Read picking up the pieces?
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11770808/1/Picking-Up-The-Pieces
>>
File: tumblr_muwkpgos8I1s1um41o2_1280.png (166KB, 580x359px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_muwkpgos8I1s1um41o2_1280.png
166KB, 580x359px
>>2270120
By posting art like that where Weiss is being shamelessly affectionate. Full dere Weiss is so rare.
>>
>>2270180
>Hydraulic press
I like you.
>>
>>2270118
I'm weak, this is exactly what I want
>>
>>2270364
B-but we're both anons.
>>
File: tumblr_ollgp6LE901uo7ay2o1_1280.png (284KB, 963x900px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ollgp6LE901uo7ay2o1_1280.png
284KB, 963x900px
http://razenix.tumblr.com/post/157415467176/3ccc-hue-based-on-microkittycosplay-and
>>
File: tumblr_n8ypjo8jGe1rrprewo1_1280.png (480KB, 562x761px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n8ypjo8jGe1rrprewo1_1280.png
480KB, 562x761px
I am drunk white rose best ever Weiss is totally gona ba gRube in V56 confirmed holy shit
>>
File: tumblr_nx6j29W1wF1u0fci2o1_1280.png (591KB, 950x909px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nx6j29W1wF1u0fci2o1_1280.png
591KB, 950x909px
>>2270796
their daughter is gonna be nmamed autumn just watch weiss is fucking ay fuck i mean gay
>>
File: Warming up her tongue.gif (573KB, 1367x2109px) Image search: [Google]
Warming up her tongue.gif
573KB, 1367x2109px
>>2270797
I can't control my tognue when drunk but rubesure as fuck can to safitfy her princess

god dammit this is shitpostintg isn't it
>>
>>2270797
Thats a good pic.
Their blank eyed expressions make for comedy gold.
>>
File: tumblr_n0w3c6tYxT1s9yqqko1_1280.png (485KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n0w3c6tYxT1s9yqqko1_1280.png
485KB, 1024x768px
>>2270798
cold as ice chapter fucking whatever coming literally never
>>
File: tumblr_ny9h56H3Ty1qal81do1_1280.png (688KB, 816x1156px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ny9h56H3Ty1qal81do1_1280.png
688KB, 816x1156px
>>2270800
nora's needs coming never also youre welcome chapter 2 was shit anywauy
>>
>>2270801
Stop posting you're literally drunk.
>>
>>2270798
Drunk Whiterose shipper is my favorite thing. Drink lots of water, DWS.
>>
>>2270807
It's pretty easy to tell who it is. Just read their last two posts. Though you're right about them needing water
>>
>>2270801
Min girl just spent like half an hour on the phone with me wtf she's on there other side of the country too bad Weiss can't call her bae bet she's dtf
>>
Whiterose cuddles are the best cuddles.
>>
File: 1461722502784.jpg (168KB, 552x675px) Image search: [Google]
1461722502784.jpg
168KB, 552x675px
>>2271050
>cuddling an Ice Queen
Nah.
>>
File: Pollination 1470411825827.png (165KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Pollination 1470411825827.png
165KB, 500x500px
>>2271060
>>
File: DrunkWeissBestWeiss.png (231KB, 697x582px) Image search: [Google]
DrunkWeissBestWeiss.png
231KB, 697x582px
Looks like I had a little whoopsie last night.
>>
File: angels-chorus-in-the-distance.png (885KB, 700x3077px) Image search: [Google]
angels-chorus-in-the-distance.png
885KB, 700x3077px
>>2271139
shoulder slut
>>
>>2271139
How's the hangover
>>
>>2271139
Looks like you need to get a handle on it.
>>
File: 1450860865169.png (156KB, 500x503px) Image search: [Google]
1450860865169.png
156KB, 500x503px
>>2271139
We need more drunk RWBYs. Every time you drunkpost, you remind me to write that story about Yang drunk dialing every girl she knows and pouring her soul out /leaving them sexually harassing voicemails/both.
>>
File: DrunkWeissStillBestWeiss.gif (1MB, 1187x882px) Image search: [Google]
DrunkWeissStillBestWeiss.gif
1MB, 1187x882px
>>2271371
Had worse.

>>2271375
Satisfy your need while you still can, some rule nazi with nothing better to do is harassing me to take down my lewder stories. Not that I'm going to, but still.

>>2271381
That's pretty close to what I did. And I can only imagine what happens when you mix Weiss' sexual frustration with alcohol and a completely clueless Ruby.
>>
File: 1454672348976.png (623KB, 700x919px) Image search: [Google]
1454672348976.png
623KB, 700x919px
>>2271390
>I can only imagine what happens when you mix Weiss' sexual frustration with alcohol and a completely clueless Ruby
>"Hey, Ruby..."
>"Yeah?"
>"You wanna maybe... get out of here?"
>"Why? We just got here like half an hour ago."
>"No no, I mean, do you, like *hic*... want to go back to my place?"
>"Atlas is kinda far away, Weiss."
>"NO. I'm asking if you want to spend the night, you... you friggin' dolt."
>"Like a slumber party?"
>"RUBY, I WANT TO FUCK YOU. PLEASE FUCK ME."
>"That is EXTREMELY un-ladylike language, Weiss!"
>>
File: tumblr_o8m2kp6qik1uet5fdo1_1280.jpg (482KB, 900x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o8m2kp6qik1uet5fdo1_1280.jpg
482KB, 900x800px
>>2271448
>Weiss being plastered in half an hour

She needs to lay off the strawberry daiquiris.
>>
File: 1409874417032.png (745KB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
1409874417032.png
745KB, 1000x1414px
>>2271512
She just wants that sweet, red goodness inside her too badly. Plus, Weiss is probably the lightest of lightweights of RWBY. Rubles could probably hold her liquor better.
>>
>>2271522
>Ruby gets in a drinking contest with Weiss over something
>Drinks weiss under the table
>Remarks that she's underage so of course she'd win, they're virgins
>>
File: 1445321350299.png (130KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
1445321350299.png
130KB, 800x640px
>>2271599
But what did Weiss do once she was under the table?
>>
>>2271801
She ate blake out until Blake's legs gave up the ghost leaving yang to have to carry them both back
>>
>>2271139

And it was glorious.
>>
Vol 3 ep 1 japanese dub:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ffxxb7j6lnY

And it seems there are also japanese dubs of previous volumes on his channel.
>>
>>2272044
Ruby cute as usual <3
>>
I have yet to read a White Rose fanfic that I didn't think was shit.

Anyone want to change that and give me some decent reading material?

t. desperate for literally anything /u/ related as long as it's well written.
>>
>>2272219
There's White Rose of Vermillion, slow update time and I do mean really slow but it's like reading a good book instead of fanfiction, the quality is well done. There's also Nature's Wrath: Remnants Maw, which actually updated recently.
>>
>>2272252
>White Rose of Vermilion

That doesn't have White Rose, silly sis. Maybe in like 2027.
>>
>>2272252
> ~140k words into the fic
> White Rose still not detected
>>
Overall what did /u/ think of this volume?
>>
>>2272219
Painting the town
Grimm Rats, Road to Recovery, Tweiss as Nice, Close Quarters, search and Destroy
The gentle art of making enemies - on Ao3
Picking up the pieces
Chivalry
Wolf Love
Rush
Underneath the surface
Love is soundless
Broken Statues
Cold as Ice
Iridescent Ice
Blood-red like roses, Red Snow
Oh Schneezus
Remnant's Reclaimer
Innocence, vengeance, repentance
A beacon of hope in a castle of ice
Of white roses and bumblebees
Atypical
Choice: A rwby college au
Drunk Affection
All the stuff on https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1389991/momoxtoshiro
On a new year's eve
A warm Winter
Night's like these
What good is love
A harsh reality
Love Falls Forever
A Lone White Rose
Face to Face
Can you feel my Heart
Kinks
Jealousy
Wolf in the snow, Wolf in the snow II
Bedside Manner, Bedside Manner II
Gold
Layer's of Ice
Yet another Weiss christmas story
Never Alone
Life of a White Rose
Soulbound, soul's reflection
The impossible girl, the lonesome road,
The fire within
Recurring dreams
Tell me something
>>
>>2272314
Had a lot less mega gay ruby/weiss than I wanted. I'm really worried Yang's not gonna tell blake to fuck off as well.
>>
File: CantCatchMe.png (1MB, 1200x4042px) Image search: [Google]
CantCatchMe.png
1MB, 1200x4042px
>>2272317
Don't forget Reunion
>>
File: tumblr_nbfei0wFGk1qit7e7o3_500.png (133KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nbfei0wFGk1qit7e7o3_500.png
133KB, 500x750px
>>2272314
Had about as much mega gay ruby/weiss as I expected from RT. I'm really worried Yang's not gonna to fuck blake against a wall as well.
>>
File: CZa8BFXUAAAY3vu.jpg (61KB, 600x716px) Image search: [Google]
CZa8BFXUAAAY3vu.jpg
61KB, 600x716px
>>2272988
Allow me to douse those fears.
>>
File: tumblr_myx2j6Wl9W1qit7e7o1_1280.png (302KB, 900x660px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_myx2j6Wl9W1qit7e7o1_1280.png
302KB, 900x660px
>>2273033
I'll help a tiny bit as well.
>>
File: tumblr_nwyc3udSg71upq6ivo1_1280.png (327KB, 897x1273px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwyc3udSg71upq6ivo1_1280.png
327KB, 897x1273px
>>2273058
>>
File: tumblr_oenur8Rfzn1v2tsf0o1_1280.jpg (204KB, 1280x962px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oenur8Rfzn1v2tsf0o1_1280.jpg
204KB, 1280x962px
>>2273059
>>
File: tumblr_ogb6i4WtVU1v2esoso1_1280.jpg (159KB, 750x1049px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ogb6i4WtVU1v2esoso1_1280.jpg
159KB, 750x1049px
>>2273061
>>
File: tumblr_ole5fs6y9q1uwopxao1_1280.png (151KB, 600x527px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ole5fs6y9q1uwopxao1_1280.png
151KB, 600x527px
>>2273062
>>
>>2268072
>>2268364
I wonder if part of it has to do with Monty's original plans and the hesitancy of changing things, even if they acknowledge them as faults. Then again, Monty's work was never patchy, even if it wasn't always the best you could tell that a lot of time went into it.
>>
File: tumblr_ol36spx4HX1u8f9n3o1_1280.jpg (188KB, 1068x925px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ol36spx4HX1u8f9n3o1_1280.jpg
188KB, 1068x925px
>>2273087
I don't think the primary issue with RWBY is the content (characters, setting, plot, etc.).

In my opinion, the chief issue with RWBY is pacing. RWBY had a very slow start for its first volume. It was so bad it almost stalled, but that can be excused for being the first. Volume 2 had a nice balance in the first half of the volume, but starts to lose it for the second half with the dance arc, but it still tried for a balance. Volume 3 had a very nice balance overall. Some light material to start, but gets into the meat of the matter early and doesn't abandon the heavier ideas until the conclusion. Volume 3 had about as many slow scenes as previous volumes, but still retains a forward movement throughout all the episodes.

Volume 4 went back to almost stalling levels of slow pacing. Volume 4 had interesting content, but it takes all of the episodes to get there and one of the arcs (Blake's namely) was mostly reintroducing ideas already tackled in pass material.

Slow pacing isn't an objective issue of course. Sometimes you want slow pacing; but, in my opinion, not when it takes almost a year to produce roughly 3 hours of content.
>>
>>2273112
>Height difference
Yes please.

I really can't wait for more BB art with post time-skip outfits.
>>
>>2273062
>>2273063
artist? nothing on saucenao
>>
File: 1438731943801.png (51KB, 928x179px) Image search: [Google]
1438731943801.png
51KB, 928x179px
>>2268072
Not gonna happen ever.

RTX is a basically safe-space bubble created by loyal fans who just throw money at RT for some godforsaken reason. As far as every clip I've seen of it, people there clap at every thing M&K say like retarded seals.

If anyone had any legit concerns though, they'd probably be too scared to voice any out since RWBY fans outside of 4chan seem to think the show is the best thing to ever happen since the moon landing. You need some titanium level balls to call them out when they're surrounded by their sheeple.
>>
....is there any qt fanart or fanfic about Blake comfy cuddling with Yang's boobs?
>>
>>2273112
Go ahead and read up about the animation process and its costs.

>>2273303
Someone's always asshurt about something and when you're popular, that means something is everything.
>>
File: 259.png (96KB, 390x342px) Image search: [Google]
259.png
96KB, 390x342px
Why do I always see artists drawing Yang as masculine and manly when she's the most feminine member of RWBY after Weiss?
>>
>>2268072
Miles said himself in the latest panel that he knows that the volumes wasn't up to snuff.
>>
File: Kitty Pillow.jpg (40KB, 500x432px) Image search: [Google]
Kitty Pillow.jpg
40KB, 500x432px
>>2273310
>>
>>2273321
Boobs and long hair aren't the only things which affect that. She's the violent brawler of the group which is extremely tomboyish.
>>
>>2273324
qt.
>>
>>2273327

She had no problem with wearing a dress and heels.
She cares about her hair a lot.
She acts incredibly girly from time to time (ex: When she saw Ruby in her dress)

She has tomboy qualities but she's also incredibly feminine. I just feel like people are trying to make her out to be a butch lesbian when she's no such thing.
>>
>>2273334
They just want to be fondled by a butch lesbian with big boobs.
>>
File: Girl abs!.png (77KB, 198x376px) Image search: [Google]
Girl abs!.png
77KB, 198x376px
>>2273334
Certain characteristics are polarized, that shouldn't be anything new.
Pic related is also probably a big factor.
>>
>>2273321
Brawler is supposed to be swole. Instead everybody has anime chicken wings including ruby who's swinging around a giant metal stick
>>
File: 14.jpg (20KB, 460x373px) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
20KB, 460x373px
>>2273369
>>2273340

I'm not saying she can't be swole. I'm saying it kind of annoys me to see Yang being shoehorned into the masculine "I have to look like a guy" role because she has tomboy qualities.

Her outfits consist shorts that show off her legs, a skirt and a cute white dress. She didn't start wearing actual pants until Vol 4.

I just don't like the whole gender roles thing in same-sex relationships. I don't like it in hetero relationships either.
>>
>>2273385
>it kind of annoys me to see Yang being shoehorned into the masculine "I have to look like a guy" role because she has tomboy qualities.
It's not THAT common, is it? Not like black Blake or something.
Yang's yangs are a large part of her character. She's often drawn to be more muscular than the others partially due to her fighting style, but I don't think that's usually in the "look like a guy" way.
>>
>>2273385
I like fem x fem too ;_;
Muscles scare me sometimes.
>>
File: I like her.png (1MB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
I like her.png
1MB, 1280x853px
>>2273387
>I like fem x fem too

Fem x Fem is best.

>>2273386
>It's not THAT common, is it?

It comes up enough to bother me when I'm searching for art. It's nice to see a cute girl wearing a suit every now and then but she's always "the man" in most Bumblebee art/
>>
>>2273389
>>
>>2273391

Cute!
>>
>>2273391
>>
>>2273395
>>
>>2273315
Oh hey Miles. Here's a (You) for you
>>
>>2273396

>>2273397
Pretty much every major show has it.
>>
>>2273399
>>
>>2273401
>>
>>2273322
Unfortunately, admitting it's 'Not up to snuff' doesn't help much. Especially when the other 99.999% of the time that RWBY is so much as mentioned in RT content, or rtx, everyone involved acts like it's some perfect golden child.
>>
>>2273469
>Especially when the other 99.999% of the time that RWBY is so much as mentioned in RT content, or rtx, everyone involved acts like it's some perfect golden child.
I mean, it prints them a ton of money and it's RT's flagship product. What do you expect?
>>
>>2273303
Oh I agree completely, I just think it's a nice sentiment.
Although, the funny thing is it's not even just 4chan anymore. I've seen a decent amount of criticism a bunch of places now, just not their website yet. Hell, even most fans I know openly criticize the show when prompted. It's like the fandom is slowly bottling it up, and one day m&k are gonna do something particularly stupid and shits just gonna explode. Or at least one can hope.
>>
>>2273472
Yeah, I get it, it's just annoying that I can't watch most RT content anymore without random interludes about RWBY, or how great it is,
despite losing the few animators that made the fight scenes good, and apparently the ability to write the main fucking character[\spoiler]
>>
>>2273486
I don't think anybody's going to explode, unless they do something spectacularly moronic like kill the whole RWBY team off.
You can like something and still acknowledge its flaws. Sure, RWBY has way more flaws than your regular show, but it's still pretty enjoyable if you don't take it too seriously.

Although I do admit I'd rather people be more outspoken about their criticism. I've seen a couple of screenshots of posts criticizing RWBY, and it seems like their authors are afraid of angering M&K, because they suck their dick for five paragraphs with flattery and "don't get me wrong, it's all really good", and maybe have two sentences of actually describing their gripes with the show.
>>
>>2273486
>>2273532
I could see a good number of fans getting mad as hell myself included if they ever brought Pyrrha back in any way other than the whole Cyrrha thing.
>>
Weiss is in Danger!
>>
File: tumblr_inline_n9uqf1RunS1qf2bb8.png (61KB, 343x342px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_n9uqf1RunS1qf2bb8.png
61KB, 343x342px
>>2273385
Honestly, I've seen swole art of all four girls (yes, even Weiss.) and it's never particularly taken away from any of their 'feminine' traits. I'm sure there's art of swole Yang in dresses out there. This whole 'gender-roles' thing about the art just feels like what you're projecting onto it.
>>
>>2273604
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>2273606
>Oh no an articulated argument
>Better throw dismissive memes at it
>>
>>2273606
She's not wrong, there's a lot of projection in it.
>>
>>2273610
Welcome to 4chan.
>>
>>2273604
I mean, there's swole Yang in a dress and then there's this.

And although I'm not that anon, Yang is relatively often drawn as the "man" of her relationships, compared to other girls. Ruby gets some of it, too, though it mostly amounts to her looking like some Canadian lumberjack in a plaid shirt.
Thankfully, most people don't repost such art so it doesn't get much traction. Fanfictions are a different story, though.
>>
>>2273641
>something something Yang's chiseled abs something something
>>
>>2273642
I mean, I'd shred cheese on Yang's chiseled abs all day, but that doesn't mean she's a goddamn Rambo in a sundress.
>>
File: Abs.jpg (44KB, 679x960px) Image search: [Google]
Abs.jpg
44KB, 679x960px
>>2273646
same
That particular line just is one that I see all the time. Even more often than any given comparison between Ruby's blush and either rubies or roses.
>>
File: tumblr_nz392pqQIc1sp5aaqo1_540.png (414KB, 540x701px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nz392pqQIc1sp5aaqo1_540.png
414KB, 540x701px
>>2273641
To be fair, as much as Freezerburn is my favorite, what you just linked is plain bad art. And there's a fair share of that around here that nobody complains about/tastes are subjective etcetc.

I suppose I can't really argue with your second point though. Somethingsomething every person is a special unique snowflake personality wise and adding feminine/male traits is silly blahblah i'm tumblr blahblah.
>>
File: notagenderbender.png (543KB, 1219x1397px) Image search: [Google]
notagenderbender.png
543KB, 1219x1397px
>>2273653
I just posted that picture as a joke because I never get tired of it and black RWBYs. I've got to update my collection, though, it's been a while since my last addition of black Ruby Link.

I don't have anything with man-Yang on me at the moment, but pic related is basically what I meant by some artists drawing a girl as a "man" of the relationship. I mean, I get rule 63 and all that, it's just a fetish, but this is just pure OOC stuff.
Though I guess 80% of fanart is, so it's unfair to complain about this specific thing and not others.
>>
>>2273657
Blame that future thing that happened during I think v2 that and some unsavory elements within the monochrome section favor Blake's hair that way.
>>
>>2273662
I don't think her hair is the problem here.
>>
>>2273665
Don't be fooled it's part of it and usually signifies what the anon's talking about.
>>
>>2273662
>monochrome
>as if Yang isn't the one drawn as a lumberjack the most
>>
File: zACo5Bt.jpg (690KB, 1335x1393px) Image search: [Google]
zACo5Bt.jpg
690KB, 1335x1393px
>>2273657
If it wasn't for the garbage quality, I kind of feel like that initial image would've fit. Yang in a dress + smug confidence from both her and Weiss. But, I guess that's where character interpretation comes into play.
>>
>>2273688
>If it wasn't for the garbage quality, I kind of feel like that initial image would've fit.

You mean besides it being a buff tan dude that looks more like Sun than Yang?
>>
I guess they showed some grimm eclipse costume dlc before a proper announcement has been made when the girls were playing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaKmTgrFIe8
My only thought is that once the prom outfits are released they'll get ripped, thrown up for SFM and MMD, and then someone will finally make the extended bumblebee dance we actually deserved.
>>
File: purest girl.gif (2MB, 500x588px) Image search: [Google]
purest girl.gif
2MB, 500x588px
>>2273486
Its funny you say that. I don't think the show will ever explode, but I think the show is in real danger right now. Remember when season 3 ended, and RWBY fandom seemed over the moon with excitement? All that built up momentum and celebration? Its gone now. There's that subtle difference between true hype, and dedicated fans who are just happy to be along for the ride, and season 4 transitioned the fanbase to latter.

Now, I'm really not being all doom and gloom about this, the RWBY fanbase isn't dying at all, but it will be if season 5 or 6 can't deliver that same hype season 3 had. And it will be a slow withering death, too. Likewise, if season 5 does turn out to be good, no damage done.
>>
>>2273732
This season is hardly indicative of anything long-term when compared to v3 in a vacuum.
What happened before volume 3? Highschool hijinks and cute grills, oh god one of the main characters has a meaningless secret and now there's a dance arc!
Then BAM everything is fucked and quarter of the civilization is under martial law.
Just Yang getting framed was possibly the biggest shock in the show that far, and from there everything escalated to maiming, killing and quartering people in just a few short episodes.
I'm not saying that V4 handled the pacing properly, but V3 is a special case. It will take a lot to match the level of intensity that mood whiplash caused even with superior writing.
>>
>>2273732
Nothing of value will be lost if the show was canceled.
>>
>>2273750
>It will take a lot to match the level of intensity that mood whiplash caused even with superior writing.

But that's the thing about it, though. It will need to either match that intensity, or find a way to keep the fanbase without it, and season 4 didn't do either of those things. Volume 1 and 2 operated with a different paradigm, they had very different methods of making a profit for RT. Volume 4 fell closer to the earlier volume's model, but that model is no longer sustainable, I fear.

And I want to note, I'm really not making a judgement or anything, I don't really know what exactly they should do to fix this, only that it does need to be fixed.
>>
>>2273732
As some people have said before, V4 was supposed to set some things up for further volumes. Whether M&K take advantage of that to build up a hype-worthy storyline or fuck it all up remains to be seen.

I think the biggest problem is that episodes are very short, and there wasn't that much happening overall in V4.
>>
>>2273765
What do you think they could do to rival volume 3's climax?
>>
File: weiss uncrossing legs.webm (464KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
weiss uncrossing legs.webm
464KB, 1920x1080px
I present to you: Weiss uncrossing her legs.
It's simple stuff like this that get my full attention.
>>
>>2273789
I can hear a little *thunk* in my head when the closer leg moves towards us.
>>
>>2273788
I don't know. It's not really about the climax as it is about the story leading up to it. As >>2273750 said, the majority of hype for V3 came from the stark contrast between "my prom is tonight and I don't have a date" and people actually getting injured and dying.

It's not hard to beat the finale of V3 in terms of violence and gore, but for it to have a proper effect there will need to be a lot of proper build up. And I'm not a good enough writer to propose a way to achieve that.
>>
File: tumblr_o2og5ao7j41rs0zxko1_1280.jpg (331KB, 900x1350px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2og5ao7j41rs0zxko1_1280.jpg
331KB, 900x1350px
>>2273795
Another thing to keep in mind about Volume 3 is that it was the first volume to make a proper leap forward in story development.

Ozpin starts actively fighting the bad guys on screen by recruiting Pyrrha to become a maiden. Ironwood introduces the idea of the other kingdoms uniting against the threat of Cinder as well. Concluding with Cinder winning and the reveal of who the real enemy is.

Pyrrha and Jaune cut pass all the bullshit their relationship dynamic was built around with Weiss and Neptune and gets into compelling territory with Pyrrha having to choose between pursuing her own happiness vs the happiness of those around her.

Adam is properly introduced in the series and the White Fang present themselves as a real credible threat. In conjunction with this, Yang's storyline veers into Blake's storyline when she compares Yang to Adam followed up by Adam nearly killing Yang.

Weiss is confronted by a new element of her father's sins by meeting a non-fanaus that suffered at his hands. Another mistake she would have to correct and the volume ends with with Weiss being stuck with her father.

Ruby witnesses the death of a dear friend, a role model, and the near death of her sister. She also witnesses the near complete destruction of Vale and her school. Also, silver eyes.

This is what I meant in an earlier reply about pacing. Compare volume 1 and 4 to 3 and they almost look like they are stalling in comparison. Though volume 1 was mostly an introduction to be fair. Volume 2 has a decent pace, but volume 3 has almost no wasted runtime. Even the non-heavy material serves a purpose of providing breaks between the heavier scenes before the audience gets hit with the finale.

Volume 3 wasn't prefect, but damn if it didn't try to be. Even the animation wasn't as bad as it could be accounting that RT lost both their lead animator and lead creative mind while in production.
>>
>>2273789
This isn't yuri at all.
>>
File: 1478559526030.png (2MB, 960x1267px) Image search: [Google]
1478559526030.png
2MB, 960x1267px
>>2273814
I'd like to chime in that Volume 3 was good also, it had a a fun about it I've not felt since. I've not once said "Agh! I can't wait till next week!" for the whole of Volume 4 and if that's not damning thing you can say about an action adventure I don't know what is.

What's going to keep me holding the torch till Autumn is the thoughts of the reunion and hopefully getting back to >almost no wasted runtime because RWBY needs that because otherwise it's not got a lot going for it.

And stop having Jaune talk over everyone.
>>
>>2273321
>Yang
>Feminine

But she's not.
>>
File: YANGS ORANGE BOOBS.jpg (1MB, 1305x1367px) Image search: [Google]
YANGS ORANGE BOOBS.jpg
1MB, 1305x1367px
>>2273836
So I guess these are manly tits?
>>
File: blakes_vision_by_canius-daxwbwu.jpg (130KB, 917x872px) Image search: [Google]
blakes_vision_by_canius-daxwbwu.jpg
130KB, 917x872px
bees
>>
>>2273855
Anon, you're supposed to cast the bait, not take it.
>>
>>2273789
Somewhere Ruby looks up to the sky
>>
>>2273716
Has anyone played the game? I heard the game was not all that good. But is it? Also, I haven't watched far into RWBY yet, can I still get the storyline?
>>
File: 1484694961863.jpg (497KB, 1000x1023px) Image search: [Google]
1484694961863.jpg
497KB, 1000x1023px
>>2273878
>Can I still get the storyline?
No. This much, I know.
>I heard the game was not all that good, but is it?
I haven't played it either, but chances are you'll only like it as much as the show itself. Which explains why the general opinion I get from /u/ is that it's only barely playable
>>
>>2273814
>>2273795
The whole thing was for monty's FFVIII fanfiction anime he wanted to follow the cliche arc they had of everything was fine with their normie everyday life full of normie shit then everything goes to shit. They bit off far more than they could chew which generated both the split of vol 1 into vol 1&2 as well as the numerous shoddy production issues that stemmed from it.

>>2273858
Bee's Schnees
>>
>>2273878
From what I've heard it's good for a few hours, and after that gets fairly repetitive.
>>
>>2273878
It's like a half-finished musou while missing half the things that make musous musou
>>
>>2273855
I don't understand the question? Yang's female, but her and Ruby are definitely the most masculine members of team RWBY.
>>
File: 1417488527571.jpg (271KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1417488527571.jpg
271KB, 1200x800px
>>2273883
>Bee's Schnees

Weiss is already claimed.
>>
File: ce6c87b206edf03d790a78f7755add40.jpg (559KB, 700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ce6c87b206edf03d790a78f7755add40.jpg
559KB, 700x1000px
>>2273969
Indeed.
>>
>>2273878
The game plot takes place between volume 2 and 3 I believe.

I'm planning on getting it on console sometime soon because, eh fuck it.
>>
>>2274023
>supporting shit quality products
>>
>>2274150
>Complaining about sub-par products
>in a rwby-thread
ISHYGDDT
>>
>>2274239
The only thing sub-par is the amount of ladybug we got this season ;_;
>>
File: youwhatfauna.png (54KB, 313x311px) Image search: [Google]
youwhatfauna.png
54KB, 313x311px
>>2274239
>if you like one sub-par product you must enjoy this other one that's more sub-par than the first one
>>
>>2274257
No shit, it's as though Rubes and Blake were never in the same scene at any point this volume!
>>
File: tumblr_n9cec5mFQG1tbga7io1_500.png (136KB, 500x475px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n9cec5mFQG1tbga7io1_500.png
136KB, 500x475px
>>2274300
Forgot the picture
>>
>>2274260
By the same logic, that anon got all the right to buy the game.
>>
File: tumblr_n9cec5mFQG1tbga7io1_1280.png (630KB, 1280x1216px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n9cec5mFQG1tbga7io1_1280.png
630KB, 1280x1216px
>>2274301
>2017
>_500
God fucking dammit, enough.
>>
>>2273879
OK, I know this retarded conversation just ended, but that picture is the perfect amount of Yang abs for fanart.

Any more Masculine/buff than that and it starts looking ridiculous.
>>
>>2274318
Oh my god she's touching her bum!
>>
File: tumblr_my09wjaE9l1rvwacho1_1280.jpg (246KB, 538x669px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_my09wjaE9l1rvwacho1_1280.jpg
246KB, 538x669px
>>2274257
remember that time they actually spoke to each other in volume 1? that was wild.
>>
>>2274300
>>2274403
You know despite not shipping ladybug or freezerburn, I really hope Ruby and Blake, and Weiss and Yang pair up before we get the full reunion.
>>
File: F.png (288KB, 640x320px) Image search: [Google]
F.png
288KB, 640x320px
>>2274403
A moment of silence
>>
File: tumblr_nftbz4jvv91t3nq03o2_1280.jpg (138KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nftbz4jvv91t3nq03o2_1280.jpg
138KB, 1024x768px
>>2274405
brings tears to my eyes from laughing
>>
File: ladybug_by_keethy-d81ur9g.png (202KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
ladybug_by_keethy-d81ur9g.png
202KB, 600x800px
>>2274445
;_;
>>
File: 1466217679198.jpg (83KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1466217679198.jpg
83KB, 500x667px
>>2274405
Holy shit, you're not joking. How the fuck have they never talked since then?
>>
File: Lap and the Cat and the Cuck.png (213KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
Lap and the Cat and the Cuck.png
213KB, 500x667px
>>2274488
I think they talked at one point after that. Can't remember for the life of me what it was.
>>
>>2274488
>>2274490
They've talked plenty of times since then. Specifically, they have talked to each other as a group with Weiss and Yang present. Usually about the mission or some general topic.

Volume 1 was the last time (iirc) the two have talked only to each other about something that wasn't really mission related.
>>
>>2273321
A good point in my opinion, while yang is physically probably the physically strongest member of team RWBY she definitely has a feminine side. I really see her as the type who can get along with anyone as long as there is fun to be had and can easily imagine her going shopping downtown with Coco and Velvet as i can see her drinking Sun and Neptune under the table.

That said if anyone was built look at Phyrra's shoulders in her red dress from the dance, girl had guns.
>>
>>2271096
i... kind of want this now. In the show i mean
Once they're all back together, nothing lewd just a big warm group hug till they all fall asleep.
>>
>>2270111
>>2269780
Why not both?
Just Ruby smiling and teary "y-you came back." as a glorious callback to when they first teamed up followed by Weiss "Of course i did... you dolt." as she tries not to break into tears herself
>>
>>2274239
>Lurking in a RWBY thread on 4chan is the same as spending money on DLC for a half-finished low quality game.

Okay.

>>2274314
And then people wonder why RT continues to put out shitty content.
>>
File: 96rwby CfNsSwjUYAAPTEf.jpg (48KB, 600x683px) Image search: [Google]
96rwby CfNsSwjUYAAPTEf.jpg
48KB, 600x683px
>>2274558
It's definitely gonna happen. Probably gonna be a revisit of the vol 2 epilogue scene with them sitting together but with subtle intimacy
>>
>>2274318
i appreciate your vigil, anon.
>>
File: 1484861814879.jpg (260KB, 900x800px) Image search: [Google]
1484861814879.jpg
260KB, 900x800px
>>2274559
I expect both. Anything less than a super tight hug will disappoint.
>>
>>2274692
It'd be cute if Ruby was touching her a lot in the future weeks and when weiss finally snaps she says it's because she wants to know that Weiss is really here.

Meanwhile
>>
File: 6868bf2cdbe1b2ce5985b1176cf8b509.jpg (136KB, 400x2001px) Image search: [Google]
6868bf2cdbe1b2ce5985b1176cf8b509.jpg
136KB, 400x2001px
>>2274847
Ruby might even insist that she and Weiss sleep together so she can make sure that Weiss' dad doesn't take her away again.
>>
File: Impatient.jpg (231KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Impatient.jpg
231KB, 900x1200px
>>2274917
Weiss would probably agree too. For purely practical reasons, of course. Not because she likes being held or anything.
>>
File: 1410055885264.png (351KB, 697x750px) Image search: [Google]
1410055885264.png
351KB, 697x750px
>>2274942
The closer you are to your teammate, the safer you are. There's no safer place than being inside your teammate.
>>
File: tumblr_msu4kjNGA51r42jbeo1_1280.png (371KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_msu4kjNGA51r42jbeo1_1280.png
371KB, 1280x1024px
>>2274943
Today on Planet Remnant, we observe a lesbian in her natural habitat as she burrows for a warm place to stay the night.
>>
>>2274942
Weiss grumpily snuggling for warmth while in the field because she has poor circulation is 2cute.
>>
>>2274943
>spoiler
Vorefriend, is that you?
>>
File: 1410137098631.jpg (56KB, 500x509px) Image search: [Google]
1410137098631.jpg
56KB, 500x509px
>>2274955
Absolutely not. "Inside" wasn't literal in that sense.
>>
>>2274952
Poor circulation. Right. Not just Weiss wanting to do gay stuff or anything like that.
>>
>>2274962
>Season 5 is filled with Weiss coping with her dumpster body
It's be too cute
>>
File: RaXu6Nz.jpg (99KB, 599x674px) Image search: [Google]
RaXu6Nz.jpg
99KB, 599x674px
>>2274952
That reminds me of the fic I never got around to where Ruby falls into a frozen lake and Weiss has to get her naked for hypothermia reasons all while desperately trying to not be gay.
>>
>>2275006
Have you read the monochrome short story where weiss gets lost in the woods and ends up in Blake's cabin? there's also that scene but as freezerburn in Search and Destroy. If you haven't read that one you'll want to start with Grimm rats as the character development helps its impact a lot.
>>
File: Heat activated.jpg (25KB, 459x356px) Image search: [Google]
Heat activated.jpg
25KB, 459x356px
>>2275068
I think I read the first one you described. The one where Weiss is foraging some sorta-magic roots for her father?
It had potential to be overwhelmingly comfy but I feel like it just fell flat. It's been a long time, but I also think that the author hadn't actually seen snow in his life.
>>
>>2275073
Yeah and yeah. RIP.
>>
File: tumblr_n65h3tfGsi1qit7e7o1_1280.png (203KB, 850x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n65h3tfGsi1qit7e7o1_1280.png
203KB, 850x750px
>>2274959
>wearing each other's colors

Could they be any more gay?
>>
>>2275282
A couple of degenerates, that's what they are.
>>
>>
>>2275289
>>
>>2275290
>>
>>2275291
Winter version of bee's Schnees has so much room to be amazing. I can't wait for vol 5-6
>>
>>2275292
Winter makes everything better. Especially the fits of jealous rage she drives her baby sis into when she playfully flirts with Ruby.
>>
>>2275289
>>2275290
>>2275291
>>2275292
Who are these people who look sort of like RWBY characters?
>>
>>2275321
Disney live adaptation actors. To be released in 2018.
>>
>>2275321
Art "styles" are a hell of a drug
>>
File: tumblr_o7ssnvOowW1vunc84o1_1280.jpg (131KB, 850x629px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7ssnvOowW1vunc84o1_1280.jpg
131KB, 850x629px
>>2275448
It doesn't help that they are characterized so generically that they feel nothing like the characters they're meant to be.
>>
File: tumblr_odxp96vndr1v5h1eco2_1280.png (174KB, 535x802px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_odxp96vndr1v5h1eco2_1280.png
174KB, 535x802px
guess who's drunk again bitchers

we lewd this time
>>
File: 1408428912671.png (121KB, 500x361px) Image search: [Google]
1408428912671.png
121KB, 500x361px
>>2276009
fuckingjseus christ tyuping is hard when you're not sober
weiss is a pussy hound ogm,
>>
File: 1455274236729.png (376KB, 800x644px) Image search: [Google]
1455274236729.png
376KB, 800x644px
>>2276010
so fuuucking gay
>>
File: vjl0Guf.jpg (771KB, 3508x4961px) Image search: [Google]
vjl0Guf.jpg
771KB, 3508x4961px
>>2276011
bonus bumblebitches edition s
>>
>>2276012
hoyl fuck that image is fuckhueg
>>
File: tumblr_n93wrtemGz1sjv34mo1_1280.jpg (97KB, 1280x896px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n93wrtemGz1sjv34mo1_1280.jpg
97KB, 1280x896px
>>2276014
you see the rtrick is to get oither bitches to buy you shots cause i'm broke as fuck and then you sit on their face
>>
Anyone read this? https://archiveofourown.org/works/9516455
Pull Yourself Together by AeschylusRex
A routine hack and slash mission through the Vacuan desert gives Weiss entirely too much time to dwell on the feelings she’s trying not to have.

She's such a cute little gay princess

>>2276009
Mean weiss makes me sad.
>>
File: 1454231957721.png (249KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1454231957721.png
249KB, 1920x1080px
>>2276016
she's just passionate

about pusy
>>
>>2276016
That was unspeakably gay.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mt09ykmwjk1qz4rgp.png (80KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mt09ykmwjk1qz4rgp.png
80KB, 500x667px
>>2276016
Weiss is so fantastically gay.

Although it would've been a lot better without the mentions of het.
>>
http://roosterteeth.com/post/51293861

Well shit.
Looks like Miles finally figured out he can't be the lead writer for fifty thousand productions at once.

Does this mean, the writing in Volume 5 and onward will be, dare I say it, slightly better?
>>
>>2276658
tl;dr
Miles stepped down as lead writer for Red vs. Blue so he can focus on other projects (IE. Mostly RWBY and Camp Camp).
>>
>>2276663
>>2276658
>Get hype for Miles taking a hike
>He's giving it more of his time

Jaune show will become unbearable next few Volumes lassies.
>>
File: 1453647237300.jpg (176KB, 1129x708px) Image search: [Google]
1453647237300.jpg
176KB, 1129x708px
>>2276658
>>2276663
>>2276678
Oh wow. I almost cheered. But now I'm cheering for a completely different reason.

If people are still blind that this is the JUAN show, wait till Miles gives it his 100%.

Juanus in every episode till the day we die folks!
>>
>>2276658
Frig, I don't have all the commentary and lets watches saved. Any chance he'll slay Kerry "Iceberg Devil" Shawcross so we can get some light rwby intimacy when and after they come back together? I don't remember who he ships.
>>
File: 1446811067950.png (522KB, 599x999px) Image search: [Google]
1446811067950.png
522KB, 599x999px
>>2276678
>>2276813
>>2276663
Why would you assume the writing direction would change at all because the person already writing it is continuing to write it.

Also the show is mostly about Blake, and hasn't really been about Jaune since volume 1, he's just been around.

In volume 2, besides the one dance scene, he was largely just part of JNPR who weren't very important as a whole.
In volume 3, he was just part of JNPR at the start, who weren't much more relevant than any other non-RWBY team. In the second half, he mainly serves as a supporting character for Pyrrha,
In volume 4, he has the scene with the scroll and a couple moments where he's whiny towards Ruby or Qrow, but in general, but the RNJR plotline was more about Ren (and even Nora) than it was about Jaune.

He's become less of a main character and more of an always present supporting character with each volume.
>>
File: IMG_6801.jpg (119KB, 471x1696px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6801.jpg
119KB, 471x1696px
>>2277156
But anon.

That's too much importance.
>>
>>2277156
The direction will, be the same, but the hope is the quality will be at least slightly better because he won't have to divide his attention and script writing across half a dozen different projects.

To be fair he's still working on half a dozen different projects, but Red vs. Blue would have been the second most time intensive after RWBY.
RWBY chibi and camp camp don't exactly take up the same amount of time and effort.

I guess this is just very important for me because I got very concerned when RT started announcing a shit ton of new productions, that Miles's name would be on every one and RWBY's writing would suffer because RT was too cheap to hire additional writers.

Suffice to say I am very happy I was wrong and he's dropping off of RvB.
>>
The newest mangs chapter was pretty gay woth ruby making weiss blush by saying if she got a scar on her eye they could be matching mirror images
>>
>>2277253
tfw no scans
>>
File: tumblr_om1obcDn3l1rzso0qo1_1280.png (407KB, 828x711px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_om1obcDn3l1rzso0qo1_1280.png
407KB, 828x711px
>>2277263
>>
File: tumblr_om1obcDn3l1rzso0qo2_1280.png (295KB, 950x455px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_om1obcDn3l1rzso0qo2_1280.png
295KB, 950x455px
>>2277315
>>
File: Gaaaaayyyyy.png (57KB, 713x942px) Image search: [Google]
Gaaaaayyyyy.png
57KB, 713x942px
>>2277317
Holy fuck, Weiss.Yang should start calling her skittles because she's such a fucking rainbow.
>>
>>2277315
That's a nice outfit design Manga Weiss has got going on.
>>
File: tumblr_om1o65NQml1rzso0qo1_1280.png (454KB, 943x620px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_om1o65NQml1rzso0qo1_1280.png
454KB, 943x620px
>>2277315
I love the way Blake acts like a second big sister for Ruby when she plays off Yang supporting her little sis.

It's adorable.
>>
>>2277253
>>2277320
>>2277317
>>2277315
I guess it makes sense for there to be some WhiteRose teasing in the manga since that's Japan's favorite ship.
>>
>>2277331
>>2277317
>>2277315
How canon is the manga? It would be a nice way to see more of the team interacting before all the plot went down.
>>
>>2277330
I'm digging all their outfits desu, at least what we can see.

>>2277247
I'm a bit disappointed, I kind of like the rvb plot, more than rwby's anyway.
>>
>>2277424
...so, is it just me, or does 4chan autocorrect the shortening of to be honest with desu?
>>
File: tumblr_om2gsltFmR1qm6qh0o1_1280.png (336KB, 900x640px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_om2gsltFmR1qm6qh0o1_1280.png
336KB, 900x640px
>>2277421
It's canon until it's not.

If the show contradicts the manga, the show wins canon. Otherwise the manga stands as canon. Miles and Kerry spoke with the manga's producers about what characters they could use and how to portray them, etc.
>>
>>2277427
It does t b h becomes desu and I think f a m becomes senpai and I even think d e s u turns into desu.
>>
>>2277315
>>2277317
Jesus what a couple of homoqueens.
>>
File: 1445747892110.jpg (235KB, 860x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1445747892110.jpg
235KB, 860x1200px
>>2277315
>>2277317
>>2277331

I cry every time I see them having meaningful interactions with each other in other mediums, because God knows we won't get to see actual character building onscreen anyways.
>>
File: Smogneo.png (511KB, 589x756px) Image search: [Google]
Smogneo.png
511KB, 589x756px
>>2277427
baka desu senpai
>>
>>2274943
Calm down there, Taiyang
>>
>>2277317
Oh my gosh they're so gay dawww
>>
Search and destroy and catnip updated with some more cute if you're into that sort of thing
>>
>>2274488
Because why would two main characters talk to each other? I mean it's like you think their supposed to be friends and teammates or something. ...Wait.
>>
>>2278203
Lines they got between themselves would be lines not given to the true main character.
>>
File: HkprG6j.jpg (839KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
HkprG6j.jpg
839KB, 1920x1080px
I really like Freezerburn. Why isn't it more popular? It's pretty much White Rose 2.0 with more princess carrying, puns and an even redder Weiss.
>>
>>
File: ba7.jpg (98KB, 500x873px) Image search: [Google]
ba7.jpg
98KB, 500x873px
>>
File: 9f2246ef00095dc25c7ebbdb73793c9c.png (304KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
9f2246ef00095dc25c7ebbdb73793c9c.png
304KB, 1000x700px
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mzrfwcp6a11qfebbv.png (177KB, 500x544px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mzrfwcp6a11qfebbv.png
177KB, 500x544px
>>
>>2278571
Because people like whiterose/bumblebee better

Part of why pollination/ladybug/bee's Schnees/gemstones/elderburn/fallen petals and good shit gets passed over
>>
File: tumblr_o5kqpbKQVd1s9i58qo1_1280.png (324KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o5kqpbKQVd1s9i58qo1_1280.png
324KB, 1000x1500px
>>
>>2278571
Because it's kinda shitty.

They have zero chemistry and nothing about them suggests they'd have even the most remote interest in each other.
>>
File: tumblr_ol70624ULh1w1fv26o1_1280.png (724KB, 1280x1258px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ol70624ULh1w1fv26o1_1280.png
724KB, 1280x1258px
>>2278694
Whoa there buddy, no need to get hostile. I'm no fan of Freezerburn, but those are some strong words for a decent ship. It's not a threat to another ship.

Plus I do kinda see the charm. It's like an inverted White Rose. Instead of Ruby trying to impress Weiss all the time, it's Weiss trying to impress Yang. Like when Weiss tried to make a joke after fighting Roman and senpai didn't notice her or when she tried to look cool saving Yang in the tournament fight, but ended up covered in ash. The chemistry isn't as intense as the pair dynamics the show gives attention to, but it does a lot better than most ships in a similar situation.

I'm not use to searching for Freezerburn art, did I do good?
>>
>>2278694
It's a happy weiss ship with a different dynamic than the other pairings
>>
File: Spar.jpg (216KB, 667x763px) Image search: [Google]
Spar.jpg
216KB, 667x763px
>>2278694
Those sound an awful lot like canon arguments.
You know what board we are on, right?
>>
File: Emerald Ruby 1470205306816.jpg (524KB, 1027x2129px) Image search: [Google]
Emerald Ruby 1470205306816.jpg
524KB, 1027x2129px
>>2278733
The board where Emerald steals ruby from the abominable ice queen and lives forevermore in wedded bliss?
>>
File: 55442320_p8_master1200.jpg (492KB, 831x1200px) Image search: [Google]
55442320_p8_master1200.jpg
492KB, 831x1200px
>>2278706
>no need to get hostile
I wasn't. I honestly don't care about the ship, nor do I ship something else with either Weiss or Yang, so it isn't threatening anything.

It just has zero chemistry, and I say that as someone fairly apathetic and unbiased who mostly ships crack pairings. You would have a hard time finding two character less suited to romantic involvement in any way. Why on earth would Weiss care about impressing the team's least-motivated, most-directionless, lazy, let's-just-screw-around member?

To me it feels like the inverse of what makes a good ship. Normally you find two characters who have traits that naturally draw them together, or a strong spark that entangles them (like being passionate enemies) and then see how a ship can bloom out of that. Instead, Freezerburn seems like it takes two characters naturally disinterested in each other, says "they love each other now" and then tries to find a really strained way to make their personality traits line up with that random relationship.

Like shipping Fallen Petals or Ladybug versus something like knightshade or PennyxNeo.
>>
>>2278706
>hostile
All that anon said was "kinda shitty" and "zero chemistry". If this is hostile, "fuck off ya bloody cunt" is a literal death threat.
>>
>>2278741
She sees the fun, happiness, affection, and camaraderie and she wants it instead of singing mirror mirror III: Sadness Deluge to herself in the shitter
>>
File: Deviancy.png (450KB, 1021x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Deviancy.png
450KB, 1021x1024px
Early morning lewd
>>
File: 96rwby Cb1U3usUEAAJ17_.jpg (74KB, 700x672px) Image search: [Google]
96rwby Cb1U3usUEAAJ17_.jpg
74KB, 700x672px
>>2279044
Favorite rwby /u/ fics in general?
>>
File: ItsNotThatKindOfMilk.jpg (1MB, 1504x3187px) Image search: [Google]
ItsNotThatKindOfMilk.jpg
1MB, 1504x3187px
>>2279321
Slow burn WR with Weiss in denial as she falls deeply in lesbians, Blake in heat, or anything with Weiss getting drunk and acting 1000x more gay because of it
>>
>>2279474
>fuck you Ruby
I bet you would, Weiss.
>>
>>2279474
Any fic links or names?
>>
File: 1471838231984.jpg (64KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
1471838231984.jpg
64KB, 800x900px
>>2279321
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11718109/1/Words-that-we-Couldn-t-Say
>>
File: tumblr_n10sg2Tmsn1rx4xmqo3_1280.gif (315KB, 1280x829px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n10sg2Tmsn1rx4xmqo3_1280.gif
315KB, 1280x829px
>>2279510
>WR slow burn, Weiss in denial
Rush, Can You Feel My Heart, Love is Soundless, With Friends Like These (if only the author ever fucking finished it, 80k words and it was just starting to get to the gay part)

>Blake in heat
http://archiveofourown.org/works/968742?view_adult=true was the OG heat fic.

>Drunk Weiss
Premium Well? Although I remember that one going a little off the rails as it went on and I stopped following it.
>>
File: 1445988305440.png (525KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
1445988305440.png
525KB, 850x850px
>>2279525
>>2279514
Thanks sisters. Read this or grimm rats and its 3 sequels before the other? https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11882854/1/Chivalry https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11819422/1/Search-and-Destroy
>>
>>2279474
Dissonance trilogy has three of the four.
>>
>>2279746
Isn't that the one that starts off great and then goes completely insane?
>>
>>2279514
>Neo saying even a single word

Instantly dropped.
>>
>>2279813
Insane? I wouldn't say so. Dark, certainly.
>>
File: Forever a Bottom.png (156KB, 499x920px) Image search: [Google]
Forever a Bottom.png
156KB, 499x920px
>>2279931
Yeah, that's the one. I'm sticking to the fluff.
>>
File: tumblr_om8dpljRI01r6qp7wo1_1280.jpg (449KB, 1200x715px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_om8dpljRI01r6qp7wo1_1280.jpg
449KB, 1200x715px
y8ay8a is a treasure.
>>
File: tumblr_om8dpljRI01r6qp7wo2_1280.jpg (451KB, 1150x716px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_om8dpljRI01r6qp7wo2_1280.jpg
451KB, 1150x716px
>>2280190
>>
File: tumblr_om8dpljRI01r6qp7wo3_1280.jpg (341KB, 1100x602px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_om8dpljRI01r6qp7wo3_1280.jpg
341KB, 1100x602px
>>2280191
>>
>>2280010
Wont hurt to take a spin. A little salt makes the sugar all the sweeter.
>>
File: cruel weiss is best.png (759KB, 1021x1264px) Image search: [Google]
cruel weiss is best.png
759KB, 1021x1264px
>>2279931
>>2280210
I am all for darker material, but the end of the first part and start of the second of the trilogy put me off . I don't know if it picked up or not, but I felt it was a weird abrupt change from helping abuse-chan and just getting to the point where you can go out to being shipped off elsewhere with everyone having PTSD.

Felt like it came too quick and too soon from a lack of seeing the full tournament part of Volume 3. It came from no where with no build-up really.

If I am wrong, feel free to correct me because I could always use more fics.
>>
File: Suit Ruby.jpg (178KB, 791x930px) Image search: [Google]
Suit Ruby.jpg
178KB, 791x930px
>>2280240
The point kind of was to have the change be that abrupt, with the notion of the first part being called Innocence and the second, Vengeance. In the second book RW start picking up the pieces in the second part while BY start getting more shit on them, and in the third it's the opposite. The meat of the series is in the author's heavy stance on characters having to earn their happy ending, which I wholeheartedly agree with.
The series was also written as a response to Breach not delivering, so way before V3 aired with the tournament and fall of Beacon.
>>
File: y8ay8a defends Isyys.jpg (220KB, 700x438px) Image search: [Google]
y8ay8a defends Isyys.jpg
220KB, 700x438px
>y8ay8a does drunk tumblr posting/drawing
Does RWBY just drive people to drink excessively or something?
>>
File: tumblr_o0p5naq4rs1so9uo1o1_1280.png (105KB, 547x521px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0p5naq4rs1so9uo1o1_1280.png
105KB, 547x521px
>>2280470
>tfw on call and can't drink for almost 2 weeks

I'm surprised Weiss doesn't drink more to deal with all that pent up gayness.
>>
>>2280470
>>
File: 1381043129557.png (663KB, 1280x1726px) Image search: [Google]
1381043129557.png
663KB, 1280x1726px
>>2280470
I mean I'm drinking right now, but I always have this tab open.

The Foxtrot was really good and made me wish I had a cute girl so maybe RWBY is to blame in a roundabout way.
>>
>>2280546
>The Foxtrot

I've been eyeing this fic for a while. Is it necessary to read the prequels?
>>
>>2280554
Well considering my first reation to your post was "There are prequels?" I think I've just answered your question.

It's good but prepare for vicious teasing until the very end.
>>
>>2280559
>vicious teasing until the very end

My favorite. Nothing like Weiss slowly cracking as the gayness overwhelms her.
>>
>>2280564
>understands there is a fic about teasing Weiss and gayness
Link please sis?
>>
>>2280570
Rush and Can You Feel My Heart most closely fit the bill. Also see:
>Broken Statues
>Reunion
>Soulbound (mostly BB but Weiss still shows her gay side)
>Oh Schneezus
>Atypical
>Jealousy (not a slow burn but so deliciously homo)
>Proximity
>Red and White (one of the most OG White Rose fics out there and a mjaor inspiration for Cold as Ice)
>Other Side (the second RWBY fic ever written, and naturally it's super gay)
>Nature's Wrath: Remnant's Maw (more angst than fluff if I remember, but the first few chapters are heartbreakingly sweet. Read the Ao3 version if you enjoy lewd scenes)
>>
File: Ew1v116.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Ew1v116.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>2280584
>Nature's Wrath

Disregard the Ao3 part, was thinking of another fic.
>>
Miracles of Ancient Wonder is pretty non-lewd, mostly focused on Ruby, action, and drama... but it does also have Yang, Weiss, and Blake in their own little gay triangle.
>>
File: 1438993968523.png (431KB, 700x982px) Image search: [Google]
1438993968523.png
431KB, 700x982px
>>2280240
>>2280308

>heavy stance on characters having to earn their happy ending
I'm currently reading this, and I agree too, but I can see if people are turned off by his structure since the way he writes is that the characters get shit on for like a dozen chapters before they get some respite for like one chapter and a half.

What I really like is how he tries his best to balance out nihilism/pessimism with optimism. At first I was under the impression he was some edgelord that likes every character to be tainted and everything to be depressing, but the few chapters where its all just fluff really feels like he genuinely likes them to be happy, it's just that the plot needs to happen.

I started out reading because of WR, but now I'm really curious which of the author's psyche will win out at the end, the edgelord or the unicorn.
>>
>>2280724
Ruby caught between the sisters is always so adorable.
>>
File: Schneenanigans4.jpg (865KB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
Schneenanigans4.jpg
865KB, 1000x1414px
>>2280752
The lust for The Rube runs strong in Ice Queens.
>>
File: Why is this ship so fucking good.jpg (698KB, 1296x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Why is this ship so fucking good.jpg
698KB, 1296x1440px
>>
>>2280584
Oh Schneezus was so gosh darn adorable. I remember the first time I found it. Swore it gave me diabetes.
>>
File: 1411322714005.png (471KB, 492x994px) Image search: [Google]
1411322714005.png
471KB, 492x994px
>>2280789
It's amazing how both versions of Weiss managed to be so phenomenally gay in opposite ways.
>>
>>2280546
>The Foxtrot

Just finished this. Thanks for the diabetes.

It did end pretty suddenly though, an epilogue chapter would've done it wonders.
>>
File: 1379823585354.jpg (210KB, 500x560px) Image search: [Google]
1379823585354.jpg
210KB, 500x560px
>>2281316
You're welcome.

Yeah I remember getting kind of nervous at the second-to-last chapter hoping the author didn't take a happy ending from me. Maybe they'll do a little sequel.
>>
File: tumblr_nbpwioIyHG1tyksexo1_1280.jpg (186KB, 566x1292px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nbpwioIyHG1tyksexo1_1280.jpg
186KB, 566x1292px
>>2281320
I hope so. Seeing the characters a little older and more mature (but just as gay) is a nice change of pace from the usual stuttering and fumbling of their teenage selves. It makes Weiss' frustrated lust all the sweeter.
>>
New bread time.
>>
File: 1416673707848.png (927KB, 524x2252px) Image search: [Google]
1416673707848.png
927KB, 524x2252px
>>2281353
There's a bit of time left, this board is slower than this show's plot progression.

Plus I need some time to stockpile art for what the next edition's going to be.
>>
File: Books and cookies.jpg (318KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Books and cookies.jpg
318KB, 800x600px
>>
File: How smol can we go.png (79KB, 393x324px) Image search: [Google]
How smol can we go.png
79KB, 393x324px
What a fine time for a bug dump
>>
File: Dash.png (63KB, 374x282px) Image search: [Google]
Dash.png
63KB, 374x282px
>>
File: Too fluffy.jpg (226KB, 743x474px) Image search: [Google]
Too fluffy.jpg
226KB, 743x474px
>>
>>
File: Birthday bugs.jpg (638KB, 1280x1366px) Image search: [Google]
Birthday bugs.jpg
638KB, 1280x1366px
>>
File: Glasses.png (355KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
Glasses.png
355KB, 500x750px
>>
I suppose I could make the thread then.
Requests?
>>
>>2281381
Predatory Milfs edition
>>
>>2281384
Uh, I'll see what I can do. I don't think I have any Kali.
>>
Both could technically be mothers, so I guess it works.
>>2281387
>>2281387
>>2281387
>>
>>2281386
There's a few (literally). A couple are already in this thread, though.
>>
>>2280528
whats the fic that goes with this pic i think Wiess was blind or something like that?
Thread posts: 485
Thread images: 251

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.