[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dropped Scanlations

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: 3163.jpg (77KB, 225x300px) Image search: [Google]
3163.jpg
77KB, 225x300px
How do you deal? I've been binging on manga lately and just ran into two dead ends where the last chapters were missing and they haven't updated in years. It hurts the soul, /u/.
>>
>>2226191
>How do you deal?

By not getting into it until it's finished. Scan groups are always drama, so fuck them.
>>
Someone needs to just steal Rock it, Girl from Lililicious
>>
>>2226200
You're acting as if that's their property.
>>
File: wpbg.jpg (254KB, 800x1048px) Image search: [Google]
wpbg.jpg
254KB, 800x1048px
Another good one that was dropped right by the end. Not much you can do if it's not something likely to be licensed like yuri.
>>
>>2226325
What? It's dropped? No!
>>
>>2226191
Start learning Japanese. You will be able to understand some yuri manga with furigana before 2018 if you start now.

>>2226203
You would think they do judging by the way some scan groups act. There are a fair few yuri TLs that aren't "allowed" to be rehosted anywhere like that one facebook group or a few recent scanlator sites. I'll never understand why Dynasty doesn't just host it anyway.

>>2226325
I don't think that was dropped its just that yuri TLs are always glacial. Besides it isn't anywhere near the end of vol 5, they didn't even finish the 1st volume yet besides who cares it is full of hetshit and has a shit end
>>
>>2226350
Ayame 14 doesn't have furigana, does it?
>>
>>2226350
>I'll never understand why Dynasty doesn't just host it anyway.

Scanlators have stopped over lesser things. Better to have steady translations available somewhere inconvenient than dropped scanlations available somewhere convenient.
>>
I just buried RiG! in my mind
step 1: Denial
step 2: Sorrow/mourning period
step 3: "I-It wasn't that good anyway! I don't want to read it anymore, really!"
>>
>>2226618
I was really drawn in by the art style, it's a shame translation has been so spotty over the years when its not a very long manga
>>
>>2226325

You aren't missing anything with this one, some anons spoiled the story awhile ago and whew boy what a pile of shit.
>>
>>2228633
Mind sharing the shit ending and hetshit? It looked promising in the early chapters.
>>
>>2228663
I think you can read the summary of the last volume on okazu
>>
Gakkou no sensei
>>
>>2228663
Wait, this has hetshit later on?
>>
>>2228723
It's about a love triangle between 2 girls and a guy that takes five volumes to end. Of coure there is going to be hetshit.
>>
>>2228748
I thought that anon was talking about RiG! for a moment. Yeah, the one about the camera girl is kinda depressing and has way too much hetshit.
>>
>>2228781
RiG is solid gold. Hopefully a new translators who isn't shy about taking over dormant groups will gain interest in it soon.
>>
File: 1451939419018.jpg (41KB, 640x634px) Image search: [Google]
1451939419018.jpg
41KB, 640x634px
>>2226191
thanks for reminding me this exists. now i have to go re-read it and be sad for the next 2-3 days every time i think about it and the fact it'll never be finished.
>>
>How do you deal?
I don't. Every time I remember Murcielago I become incredibly sad. Even if they had a reason to drop it I cant wait years for the actual licensed material to get back up to where the scans were.
>>
>>2226191
>How do you deal?

We don't, I for example cry myself to sleep every night over the lose of all the great yuri we miss out on.
>>
Initially I read only completed stuff, but I soon realized that most weren't good enough to actually care, so I stopped bothering. Occasional I grab a raw to roughly gather what happened, but I can't think of a case that really bothered me lately ...

... well, I'd like to see Miss Sunflower completed one day. But occasionally new chapters appear so maybe it's not entirely dead.
>>
It hurts like a bitch every time, that's all I can say. I always try to wait until series are fully scanlated before I pick them up but I cave in a lot and sometimes end up regretting it.
>>
DELET THIS
>>
>>2226191
By finding the raws or Chinese scans.
>>
ahh i really miss this rock manga and gakkou no sensei T_T
>>
>>2235702
Please do not post again
>>
Has anyone else read qualia? It seems to be in scanlation hell even though it's just getting good.
>>
>>2235706

?

I'm pretty sure it was finished being scanlated awhile ago.
>>
>>2226191
I mean, I just read everything that comes out on dynasty so I forget about the existence of most. Very few manga I actually give a shit about, and even in that case there's not much to do but be patient and hope for the best.

>>2226325
What?! Holy shit I'm actually upset about this.
>>
>>2235706
>>2235709
Yep. It's all been translated, for quite some time too.
>>
File: Murcielago Vol.8 Ch.63.jpg (458KB, 706x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Murcielago Vol.8 Ch.63.jpg
458KB, 706x1080px
Mucielago added to the list.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.