[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Metall/u/rgy

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 428
Thread images: 7

File: Task force Panchahola.png (1MB, 1350x693px) Image search: [Google]
Task force Panchahola.png
1MB, 1350x693px
Super Sentai edition

>Fics
http://archiveofourown.org/series/354770

>Art
http://imgur.com/a/XLhFm

Last nuclear chain: >>2199417
>>
File: Metallurgy.png (103KB, 5149x793px) Image search: [Google]
Metallurgy.png
103KB, 5149x793px
>What is it?
/u/ put their goggles on tight enough that they started shipping personifications of chemical elements, metals in particular. We started from the nuclear family of a Gold/Silver couple and their daughter Copper, and have been slowly expanding out. Done with a mixture involving some amounts of science and additional amounts of "this would be cute" when it comes to establishing an element or couple. The threads have a basic idea(or more) for all of the elements and are now working on expanding relationships, relationship histories, and other personal elements for the lesser known elements. Suggestions are welcome.
>>
>>2217273
Fucking Justice/10
Nice going onee-sama.

This has me wondering if Zinc has any sort of quiet side hobby she picked up over the years. Like how Iron did some dive grass while she was away.
>>
>>2217288

I like to believe she's a big fan of scale models, being an architect and all
>>
That is an amazing way to start the thread.
>>
File: Pairings.png (65KB, 4931x751px) Image search: [Google]
Pairings.png
65KB, 4931x751px
Here's the relationships table with AmLr

Will Shakudo be a spinster forever?
>>
>>2217492
Hopefully she won't be!
>>
>>2217273
Did I accidentally miss anything in previous threads or is this Metall/u/rgy thread just Super Sentai themed for no good reason?
>>
>>2217777
It's because of a discussion at the end of the previous thread.
>>
>>2217777
Panchaloha was discussed and joked about being the setting's fictional sentai show last thread.
>>
File: Shows.png (11KB, 1106x221px) Image search: [Google]
Shows.png
11KB, 1106x221px
>>2217777

Shows within the show now need their own table

Nice divine quads, Primae Materia
>>
>>2218401
>divine quads
do we worship Nana here too?
>>
>>2218417
>do we worship Nana here too?

7 it's actually the God's number and symbolises completion (7 days and all that)

But yes; Nana, Madokami and Primae Materia are our holy trinity
>>
>>2218401
This is good to have.
>>
>>2218532

I made several charts to keep track of the 100+ characters and related fluff
>>
>>2218634
It's become quite expansive, hasn't it?
>>
>>2218634
You're a saint.
>>2218705
That it has, though how are we gonna figure out what moves the setting forward?
>>2217492
That imouto pussy is probably enough to sustain Shakudo's life force forever
>>
>>2218738
>what moves the setting forward?
The multiple plotlines and inter-character relationships.
>>
>>2218800
Reasonable. So the next one after FeC is what? IrOsAuAg or UMo wedding?
>>
>>2218804
That should be exciting.

Hopefully Li doesn't have to wait to reconcile with K much longer too.
>>
>>2218738

Outside of the characters there's also the many connections binding, them, plus the increasing worldbuilding (the city, the in-universe fiction)

Sometimes I am reminded of things by my own charts

Imouto pussy?

>>2218804

Metall/u/rgy has a big potential for SoL stories and beyond that and the current plotlines, there's also the upcoming generation of alloys

>>2218823

3 years
or 4
>>
>>2219530
Poor Li.
>>
>>2219561

She'll get her daughter back and even a girlfriend to spend her retirement days with

But before that I imagine she'll do most of the planning on Na's wedding together with K, and I can see them being awkward and tsundere towards each other from there
>>
>>2219570
How are Li and Na going to get along?
>>
>>2219583

They do get along well, although the fallout of K's departure made certain subjects difficult to talk about

But Na loves her mom, and Li, underneath the serious and workaholic exterior, someone who actually loves her girls more than anything.

She just needs some adjusting in the way she shows her love
>>
>>2219591
It would be cute to see a family portrait of them when Na and K were younger.
>>
>>2219599

One more great illustration idea to the pile
>>
If there was going to be a gynoid side character in Panchaloha, who would it be?
>>
>>2219664
Oganesson if we're going for more alien robit similar to alpha. Though obviously that might create a time paradox since Oganesson predated its own creation. Would probably need a sanskrit name or something.
>>
>>2219676

Thokcha would be the alien at least
>>
>>2219700
Well she To's also the Rita that does a heel turn into a face sometime in the series' lifespan so yeah technically she is an alien.
>>
>>2219676
Either way, the character could be from the future or something silly like that.
>>
>>2219530
>imouto pussy?
The younger girls in the AuAg manor staff. Shakudo's probably going to be one of the oldest maids there so obviously she has her pick of the bunch since AuAg are so enamored with each other.
>>
>>2219720

She's not an actual maid, or a maid in name only

So she was a wolf looking over a pack of sheeps? hawt
>>
>>2220496
Depends on when AuAg moved into the manor. If they had to rehire the staff, which may or may not be older than them, then it's likely that Shakudo could climb to the rank of head maid by year zero. Giving her ample opportunity to look over her flock while moving on from being a nanny to more general duties.
>>
>>2220502

No I mean, with taking care of both AuAg's daughters plus doing chauffeur work, she probably wasn't doing maid work at all; she's the family guardian and right arm
>>
>>2220511
Good point she's more of a butler slash whatever is probably needed. So right hand/arm works.
>>
>>2220519

The main question remains: does she have Gold's explicit permission to hunt the mansion's maid
>>
>>2220537
From what we know, that doesn't seem like it would be Shakudo's personality type. That's just an opinion, though.
>>
>>2220539

She could just have monogamous relationships, but I she wouldn't do such a thing if she didn't have Au's approval
>>
>>2220547
Yes, whatever the case, definitely with Au's approval.
>>
>>2220550

Also, she's likely the one who made Cu discover the wonders of Task force Panchahola
>>
>>2220562
Oh, was she?

This also leaves another important question: with all of her responsibilities, does she wear a traditional maid outfit or a suit (more like a butler)? Or either, depending on the task?
>>
>>2220569
Depends on her looks? When she was younger she might've favored a suit but now that she's in cougar territory she might prefer a dress
>>
>>2220570
That's an interesting idea.

If she changes into the suit now, you know she's serious.
>>
>>2220573
Or she got dragged into/tagged along to some upscale event and Gold wants her in a suit.
>>
>>2220581
Good thinking, Au!
>>
>>2220569

This is the perfect opportunity to have classic japanese kimonos, the whole range of them, depending on the occasion; furisode when off-duty, yukata in summer, junihitoe on formal occasions and hakama when on the job
>>
>>2220594
That seems like something she might break out in occasion rather than everyday, like you'd see over at Li's.
>>
>>2220612

Over at Li's yes, but that would precisely be the difference between the Alkalis and Shakudo; Shaduko would wear it everytime.

Of course she'd mostly wear her practical hakama, but kimonos are very varied
>>
>>2220625
Alkalis wear something like it every day to a degree don't they? It could also be a case of Shakudo being an immigrant and wears them to remind her of her motherland.
>>
>>2220625
It might work better as a quirk rather than a defining character trait. Like, most of the time she's normal Shakudo in her everyday uniform and clothes. Her job isn't to stand out, after all. First and foremost, she serves the Gold household.

It leaves more of an impression if it's a special thing.
>>
>>2220634
>>2220636

Think about Shakudo as a metal IRL and its connotations; it's a purely Japanese thing and has a very strong Japanese identity since it's used to decorate katanas and making mokume-gane

So I think it's important to translate that identity into the setting; it you take it away, it's just a CuAu alloy

Alkalis are more universal, in fact the only reason they're asians is because of Cs (and "alkali" comes from Arabic), so it makes sense to have them mostly in western style clothes
>>
>>2220651
Makes sense. what might help iron it out is whether she lives in the manor or on her own. If she lives in the manor that'd allow for the wider array of outfits.
>>
>>2220653

I imagine all the staff lives in the mansion, and Shakudo would have her own place inside it
>>
>>2220651
Well, aside from the Alkalis there's also No who has the traditional Japanese style + maid thing down.

Having Shakudo be Japanese and secretly good with a katana is enough, isn't it? It shouldn't be her whole character. Plus, it leaves the opportunity for Cu and Elect to see her wearing it one day and be impressed, and also for Gold to remark to Cu, now that she's an adult, how deadly Shakudo is (and Cu gets all frazzled).
>>
>>2220655
>>2220654
The bigger question should be; does Shakudo have a parasol she carries around that acts as a concealed weapon? Like Setsuka from soul caliber.
>>
>>2220657
Only when she accompanies Au out for a walk on a sunny day!
>>
>>2220655
>No who has the traditional Japanese style + maid thing down.

That's because Rn dressed her as her favourite video game protagonist

>Having Shakudo be Japanese and secretly good with a katana is enough, isn't it?

I will argue that it isn't, because the metal itself is entirely japanese; it's the soul of it so japaneseness should be a main part of Shakudo's identity
>>
>>2220661
Still, though, the style is there.

You're right, and it definitely should be important. Just not to such an overwhelming degree. As an employee of Gold and Silver, she's that first and everything else second, at least while on the job.

It doesn't have to be one of the other, she can wear a kimono at some point too.
>>
>>2220666
>As an employee of Gold and Silver, she's that first and everything else second, at least while on the job.

Yes, but that doesn't prevent her for wearing a hakama on the job
>>
>>2220661
So then maybe we should look at it like, she wears typical Japanese maid outfits or whichever while on the clock and they're naturally subdued. Come after hours she slips into something a little more glossy that utilizes the colors in the alloy. She could also wear get a non-stop if we wanna be over the top.
>>
>>2220668
Not necessarily, but IMO her defining trait as a character is as a maid/butler/bodyguard, not as being Japanese.

Like I said, she shouldn't be standing out, and it doesn't seem like it would fit her character to do so either.
>>
>>2220673
>Not necessarily, but IMO her defining trait as a character is as a maid/butler/bodyguard, not as being Japanese.

But being japanese is exactly what sets her apart from others billons

>she shouldn't be standing out

She already stands out because of her unique position in the household
>>
>>2220669
Maybe the other way around, she wears a kimono on her own time when off the clock and a suit or dress while working. Having Cu or Elect go to ask her for advice or something one night and seeing her dressed like that would serve her characterization better as well.
>>
>>2220679
But it shouldn't be her entire character. It also just feels too cliche, like, this is our traditional Japanese maid, she exclusively wears kimonos, hajimemashite, desu. Like something you'd see in an episode of Panchaloha.

Rather than a facet of her character that serves a greater goal, you know? It goes so far as to become limiting.
>>
>>2220682

But being strongly Japanese is and important facet of the metal it's inspired of
>>
>>2220688
And that should be reflected in her character, don't get me wrong! Just in the same way that an actual maid in real life who happens to be Asian would be.

Also, by "stand out" I mean to a random observer.
>>
>>2220693

Again, she's not a maid, she has a very special status

>Also, by "stand out" I mean to a random observer.

Would that really matter? Everybody in the city whould know who Shakudo is by now
>>
>>2220696
Maid/butler/bodyguard/chauffer/nanny/whatever, the point is that it's her job and that's the most important thing, right?

Even if everyone knows her, that doesn't mean that she should be standing out in any way (unless people are admiring her good looks, that's a different story). I see her as talking her job very seriously, it's basically her entire life. Along with that comes conforming to the requirements of the job, including dress. Not the other way around.
>>
>>2220697
>Along with that comes conforming to the requirements of the job, including dress. Not the other way around.

But what says her unique position doesn't allow her to wear specific clothes?

She's not a maid in the sense that she doesn't need to dress like the others, plus she's the family guardian so she's expected to stand out and look the part on formal occasions
>>
>>2220700
It could, in theory, but with it being such an important feature if her life she would do it in full, don't you think? Which includes dressing the part as expected. On a separate, characterization level, would she, as a fulltime employee, really choose to dress in an exotic and unique style from everyone else 24/7? She did dress formally and feature prominently, just in a less flamboyant fashion. Which isn't to say she would never wear a kimono; she still could, to a formal event even. Just not all the time.

She should be used to wearing a uniform too if she had military training. She probably didn't wear a kimono to that.
>>
>>2220706
She would dress formally*
>>
>>2220706
>Which includes dressing the part as expected.

But wearing a hakama is dressing the part

>On a separate, characterization level, would she, as a fulltime employee, really choose to dress in an exotic and unique style from everyone else 24/7

She would, since she has a special position in the mansion, don't forget that "kimono" refers to a whole array of clothing

>She should be used to wearing a uniform too if she had military training. She probably didn't wear a kimono to that.

If she had katana training, she would in fact be used to wear traditional japanese clothing
>>
>>2220854
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that a hakama wouldn't be formal, it's just not what I'm talking about.

It could definitely be something she's used to wearing...just not her everyday attire.

How about this: While working, she wears a dress or suit as her typical uniform. When she's off the clock (if you could say that) she would wear a casual kimono. If she has to go to an event of her own, she would wear a formal kimono, and if she's attending an event with the AuAg family or as a representative of them, she would wear whatever Gold requested (a suit or whatever).
>>
>>2221164

(got busy with stuff, sorry for the delayed answer)

I could see that, yes, especially if the does chauffeur work

>she would wear whatever Gold requested

I'm sure Au wouldn't waste any occasion to see her in her junihitoe
>>
>>2222380
>I'm sure Au wouldn't waste any occasion to see her in her junihitoe
It would also depend on the occasion. Luckily Shakudo is quite versatile!
>>
>>2222402

During other times she would be the family's champion, so she must uphold its honour, even if it means letting Au play dress up with her
>>
>>2222425
Au has her priorities straight.
>>
Mercury, Zinc. 100 words.
http://archiveofourown.org/works/6604894/chapters/20538094
>>
>>2222796
That would surely bruise Aluminum's ego if Mercury of all people had the larger office.
>>
>>2222805
I'm sure a part of Aluminium wouldn't be surprised.
>>
>>2222806
Maybe even impressed. Maybe.
>>
>>2222796

Ah, Hg, always in touch with reality...
>>
It would be cute if Electrum and Copper baked a cake for Shakudo as a present when they were younger (probably with help from their moms).
>>
Phew, managed to make this in time:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/6683338/chapters/16039981

Merry Christmas!

If only they knew

>>2223291

Sure would be, Shakudo probably has a closet where she keeps all the handmade gifts she got from the girls over the years
>>
>>2223440
That was sweet. Praseo deserve a rest now and then.

>RhRu
If only they knew.

Nice to see a glimpse of Indium as well.
>>
There are so many good ideas for stories that it's almost difficult to choose which to write about.
>>
>>2224490

Roll a random number, that'll give you a character

I have my planning sorted out but wish I had more time to get to it
>>
>>2224592
All right, let's see what the last number of this post is.
>>
>>2224613
Looks like it's Lithium!
>>
>>2224614
Will she be spending christmas alone?
>>
>>2224616
Hopefully not. Despite everything, she might find that she has more support than it seems.
>>
>>2224616
>>2224621

Doesn't Alkali have Christmas thing?
>>
>>2224623
A company party but I'm not sure about the family version.
>>
Lithium.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/8500270/chapters/20608735

It's not exactly a holiday story, but it's around that time.
>>
>>2224653
Poor Li
>>
>>2224681
Indeed. Let's hope for her happiness.
>>
>>2224653

Nice!
>>
>>2223440
Merry Christmas to you too.
>>
Merry christmas thread.
>>
How do gay elements like to spend their holidays?

Bonding.
>>
I've dusted off some profiles: added Shakudo to Au, Ag, and Cu's profiles, remplaced Pewter with GaCd and Galinstan in Co's profil (as well as changed the Al entry), added Po for Li, Li for Po and Y for K

http://archiveofourown.org/works/5253113/chapters/14534749
>>
>>2225990
Nice! That goes a long way in keeping the profiles up to date.
>>
>>2225990
Here you go http://pastebin.com/7Qhf452P
It takes two to touch things up, right Shakudō :^)
Makes me wonder if there's a prominent Silver billon that serves as Shakudō's counterpart. Shadowy or otherwise. They could bond over the young mistress.
>>
>>2225990
Y2K sounds like an interesting friendship and might be one that helps the situation smooth over
>>
>>2226459
Thanks!

She's got the touch SHE'S GOT THE POWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER

I kind of thought of a billon that would be kind of Shakudō's favourite or something...but I ran out of names

>>2226463

As I see it, Y really isn't the person to help things out, she's too rough and brash
Actually, it's not a situation that could move thanks to people alone, because it's tangled with the matter of the Alkali succession, so the resolution has to have an answer to that

I'm still in the early stages of the planning for that fic

Aaaaand I realised that I wanted to add a B and Y entry to Li and forgot, well gonna do it soon
>>
>>2226487
>ran out of names
Funny stuff, I was actually looking into prominent silver alloys if the topic ever came up. The one that seems most fitting in regards to being silver's favorite would be Niello or Kiev Rus Niello from Byzantium, since she's usually coupled with Gold and or Copper or other elements. Not many that feature her prominently like Shakudo.
>>
We could also go the easy route with Silver's alloy/maid and just do Britannia Sterling or Argentium. However, if we wanted to keep the foreignness Niello or Doré bullion/bar might be the way to go.
>>
>>2226608
There are a few distinct options, it seems.

Wasn't there another maid suggested in a previous thread, as an idea for Shakudo's romantic partner?
>>
>>2226625
I believe that was Shibuichi which is the same as Shakudo but tends to have Silver mixed in. Pretty much same purpose too. Might've been more of a decorative thing than strictly katana handles though.

Doré can also be a good nickname for Electrum too.
>>
>>2226638
Maybe the nickname Shakudo calls her by.
>>
>>2226503

Niello works well

>>2226643

And Akagane is Shakudo's nickname for Cu in which case wouldn't Shakudo's nickname for Electrum be Shirogane?
>>
>>2226643
>>2226767
Which Doré or Shibuichi for Electrum? I could see Silver calling Electrum Doré cause of obvious reasons but Shibuichi might work better for Shakudo's nickname.
>>
>>2226784
Yeah, for Electrum.
>>
>>2226822
Aren't you special Electrum having three nicknames.
>>2226767
So what would Niello be background, history, and in relation to the household? An actual steward to play off Shakudo being the champion? I'm feeling foreign background like Shaku though instead of eastern she's from say the furthest eastern west area, like what would be Greece or something. And in comparison to Gold's gut reaction would Silver's hiring be a calculated move though why Silver would hire her is up in the air.

Wouldn't really be for finances.
>>
>>2226831
>And in comparison to Gold's gut reaction would Silver's hiring be a calculated move though why Silver would hire her is up in the air.

Ag's secretary?
>>
Ok this is a weird concept but you have my attention, where do I start
>>
>>2226837
That might be a more efficient summary all things considered, or maybe someone that Silver or Gold could ask to send out gala invites and other stuff. I almost wanna say a household assistant.
If we were to expand on Copper and Electrum's childhood I would suggest that Niello was originally screened to be a governess/tutor though that's probably tenuous since they probably went to a private or public school.

I honestly wanna say provost or seneschal if Silver had need to organize their houses' finances and properties eventually needing help, causing Niello stick around and essentially act in Silver's stead when the matter calls for it and Silver is otherwise indisposed. Not real sure how that would allow her to know the girls but eh, she could keep to the background like Shakudo. Only more in the scenery til Cu and Doré are older and begin to wonder why she's around.

Well outside of acting as a chauffeur when Shakudo's indisposed or they wanted to surprise Gold with an expensive gift and went to Silver asking for money. Cause Niello to go with them to oversee and or facilitate the purchase.

>>2226844
Need to flesh out some of the lesser known elements, or you could jump in and help us figure out what Niello should be doing in relation to the AuAg household.
>>
>>2226844
Check out the character profiles linked at the top of the page.
>>
>>2226847

If she's a personal assistant and Ag works at home; her role can evolve into a household assistant one

>Well outside of acting as a chauffeur when Shakudo's indisposed

Or being generally Ag's chauffeur, even if she and Shakudo can switch around

>>2226844

With the profiles, then the fics, that's the bulk of the "canon"
>>
>>2226856
Fair point that works out rather nicely though that kind of paves the way to explain why she's actually residing in the manor like Shakudo is.
Strangely I see her as a bit of a bumbling scholar type who may get streaks of bad luck when it comes to her personal life, leading to her apartment building getting burned down or something and Silver says that Niello can always find a room within the manor. Leading to her just kinda never moving out while retaining her job and eventually sitting Silver down to discuss said job and living arrangements.
>>
>>2226860
Good ideas.
>>
>>2226976
Possibly another, but when it comes to flirting she isn't like copper. She's more like Silver and that while it typically catches her off guard she's quick to cover ground and soon has said girl blushing up a storm with some dorky but smooth words.
>>
>>2227925

How will she handle Shakudo then?
>>
>>2227930
Bashfully? Would Shakudo flirt with a fellow employee? I suppose that would depend on if Shakudo has a type or not and how subtle Shakudo's being. I could see her being real subtle to probe Niello's walls and the steward not even picking up on it. Might be rather cute though I'm not sure if they'd be together.
>>
>>2227933

She wouldn't flirt on the job, but surely she has much more than a few admirers among the billons
>>
>>2227958
That is likely but would the ones that catch her interest be among them or elsewhere?
>>
>>2227971
It would depend on the circumstances, I suppose.
>>
>>2227971

Both, but since Shakudo is most of the time attending to the Au family, only the first ones are really relevant
>>
>>2228158
That's how you know she's good at what she does.
>>
>>2228158
>>2228179
Gold probably gets all smug for some unknown reason when Shakudo asks for her permission. Keeps mentioning how it's only natural gold desire silver.
>>
>>2228425
Gold always knows how to enjoy herself, whatever she's doing.
>>
>>2228428
That is true. It's something she cultivated over the years. This makes me wonder if Niello was aware of who Silver's wife was when she got hired.
Might be fun to see her getting all flustered realizing her boss' wife is a star. A star who she may or may not be a fan of.
>>
>>2228437
Fits with the "bumbling scholar" image.
>>
>>2228455
Indeed it does, pretty cute to imagine as well. So would Niello and Shakudo remain spinsters?
>>
>>2228500
For the time being...but who knows what could happen?
>>
So one of the things that haven't left my mind is; how did the three megacorps establish themselves as such. I know we see the end result but what it did it take to so firmly put their name in the world.

Like did Iron restore and rebuild an old city when contracted by the city's government with just her company? Did Silicon singlehandedly lay the ground work for the net and electronics in the less developed parts of their world? Not real sure about Aluminium.
>>
>>2228817
Silicon's company started with just her and Germanium, right?
>>
>>2228849
Most likely. I can see her and Iron starting small while Al probably lead a group when she first started.
>>
>>2228853
Yeah, Al was coming off of her own personal success when she formed her company, so she would have had more resources to begin with.
>>
>>2228854
Sounds like something she would do and I'm sure Beryl was there at the start with her. I bet her personal fame was what helped establish her Corp as a megacorp.
>>
>>2228882
So, did Beryl establish her own business during the time Al was busy with other endeavors?
>>
>>2228888
Possibly. She's a contractor right? Maybe after Al was firmly on business ground, she mentioned about slipping into the background and taking odd jobs. Leading to her own business.
>>
>>2228890
That's possible. That, or Beryl was the one who introduced Al into the industry. It would give her something to do while Al was off doing other things. So, sort of the opposite, maybe.
>>
>>2228896
That does sound better and might leave Al in the dark about some of Beryl's history with some business women.
>>
>>2228897
How mysterious.
>>
>>2228898
They shouldn't have been so infuriatingly beautiful or blonde, beautifully blonde.
That aside, I do like the idea of Iron being contracted to restore and rebuild a city that resides outside of the country where the metropolis resides.
>>
>>2228906
That's an interesting idea. Iron's company would have to be already firmly established before it could happen.
>>
>>2228908
I was thinking an island/coastal city that might’ve been devastated by a natural disaster. Originally she was hired to just restore the oldest parts but then the disaster happened and she extended her offer to include repairing the rest of the city with help from the locals.
I would argue about how firmly established she would be since such an undertaking would probably make a lasting impression on that part of the world that it just snowballs her company into being a renowned megacorp.
>>
>>2228911
That would be good PR. Aside from that, there's plenty to do in her home city as well.
>>
>>2228914
I was honestly just seeing it as Iron being altruistic and as a possible investment that she rationalized it as later. However you are right it was or would be a fantastic PR move. Depending on the size and how thankful the residents were they might even think of it as the City of Iron. Honestly I could see the pr move and end result netting her several contracts within the metropolis if this happened in her past which could readily help her expand.

If it was in her past it could also nicely explain why she took the contract; it was the best business move at the time.
>>
>>2228917
That would be a tremendous and impressive undertaking. I guess she did really throw herself into her work, after all.
>>
>>2228919
Indeed, it weaves a nice story especially if we say the residents of the city have a rumour about her being blessed by Dīs Pater/Pluton. Who could've had an ancient temple in the city that Iron helped rebuild and restore. Could also be one of the big tourist attractions for the city.
>>
>>2228925
Sounds like Lady Ar's area of expertise.
>>
>>2228928
I'm sure she's visited Dis, it's probably like going to Rome to see the pantheon for mythology students. Hell, Iron probably got in touch with her to learn about the structures so she could do a proper job of rebuilding and restoring.

Now we just need to figure out what put Silicon on the map.
>>
>>2228934
>Silicon
She's been doing it the longest, hasn't she?
>>
>>2228935
Yeah well oldest megacorp. Lithium and Lead might have her beat by a few generations depending on their history.
>>
>>2228936
Oh, right, right. Oldest of the "newer" megacorps, or at least these few of them, when compared with Al and Iron.
>>
>>2228941
Or what actually fits a megacorp. Silice, Ferric, and Aluminium as business are expansive enough that they pretty much do everything hence why they get the mega added on. Lithium and Alkali are in the energy and mining business, while Lead seems to have an industrial empire it's probably much more narrow in terms of what they produce compared to the mega corps.
>>
>>2228944
Mhm, true. Even still, they have their specialties, or at least a specific field they specialize or started in (computers for Silice, construction (?) for Ferric and aerospace for Aluminum).
>>
>>2228948
Iirc the last time it was discussed that's about right, though out of those three Ferric truly fits the "does pretty much everything" if we were to reference her profile. Construction was probably a good way for her to get her foot in the door and name out there though I'm sure there might be something better. Silice eventually steps into construction as well.
>>
>>2228953
No wonder Fe is always so tired.
>>
>>2228959
Carbon should really just burn up the last of Iron's energy so the woman could sleep for a week.
>>
>>2228953
>Silice eventually steps into construction as well.

Silice is more heavy construction and terraforming

Also, I had the idea that Aluminium started off sponsored by H
>>
>>2228974
Heavy construction as in ripping up roads to lay down pipes and wiring? Al asking H to invest was probably fun event if Al felt she was going out on a limb.
>>
>>2228978
>Heavy construction as in ripping up roads to lay down pipes and wiring?

Sorta, like Ferric would be the company that'd build a boat while Silice would be the company that build the dry dock

>Al asking H to invest was probably fun event if Al felt she was going out on a limb.

More like the other way around; H asked Al to participate to her space program, and after that, Al set up shop
>>
>>2228981
I see, a little disappointing but I get it. Though this has me wondering just how many businesses H invested in.
>>
>>2228995

Well given H and Al's characters, their relations would've always been entertaining

Maybe Sc worked with H and followed Al after the Alane mission
>>
>>2229049
Well H does know how to work with flamboyant characters, Sc could learn a thing or two. That sounds like a good explanation to how Al got Sc as her pa. Though I think the reference in Alane went over my head.
>>
>>2229055

Alane (or Alumane) is the common name for Aluminium hydride
>>
>>2229057
Well that certainly fits then.

So Al's megacorp spread via her fame and personal success, Iron's grew/spread via the restoration and rebuilding of Dis; how did exactly did Silicon's grow? The normal way and that she got lucky with the internet boom to help spread her corp.
>>
>>2229109
>how did exactly did Silicon's grow?

Like Microsoft or Apple; it all started in a shed
>>
>>2229126
Well she is around the age that it would've started so it makes sense I suppose.
>>
Thallium, Galinstan.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/8500270/chapters/20726191
>>
>>2229262

Focus, Thal
When Tm's with her GF, there's no stopping Tl

How will Gal react when she'll learn that Tl has been living the juicy MILF dream?
>>
>>2229508
Probably jealousy since Thallium gets to cuddle with such a cougar on a regular basis. Then sadness when it clicks that said cougar is Thallium's aunt
>>
>>2229542
Then she gets pounced on by Stell.
>>
>>2229550
One day she has a sudden realization that she's the older woman. Like a stars aligning moment when she's going home after work
>>
You'll get there someday, Gally.
>>
Does Steel have a definitive personality? Everything I'm seeing tends to just paint her as practical and not much else.
>>
>>2230080

Practical and optimist, that about all that's established
>>
>>2230088
Nothing else going for her then?
>>
>>2230105

Not really, apart some scraps about her interests
>>
>>2230107
That's kind of a shame. So were W, Mo, and I wanna say Mn the only ones who had a big influence on her personality. Probably dependable, reserved, and passionate for those three.
>>
>>2230111
>Mn

It's Cr that had a major influence on Steel, along with W and Mo

Si, Ti, Mn and Ni also had an influence, but not as much as the others
>>
>>2230113
Well then, I'm not exactly sure what a good personality trait to symbolize Cr would be. I wanna say compassionate but that seems like something she could pick up from Carbon.
>>
>>2230118
Carbon does have her own unique way of expressing herself.
>>
This must be one of Gold's favorite times of the year, because she gets to host so many parties.
>>
>>2230548

And the new year's firework spectacle; that's the place to be
>>
>>2230548
The new year's one is probably the most well known throughout the metropolis. I bet a young Silver was in for a surprise when she started dating Gold and found out how much she loves to play hostess.
>>
>>2230562
And also maybe, "oh, that's the party everyone is talking about."
>>
>>2230569
Yep, I wonder how long it took her to get used to it as an adult when Gold and her took over.
>>
>>2230576
Silver is the best at handling everything that comes with her wife. So, probably not too long.
>>
>>2230579
>everything
I bet she was rather internally puzzled with how easily she was able to soothe a pregnant Gold when everyone else had a hard time.
>>
>>2230596
By the time Electrum came around, they were experts.
>>
>>2230625
I'm sure cute baby Electrum was a tyrant and constantly flipped which mother could soothe her when she was crying.
>>
>>2230629
Good thing they had Shakudo to help by then.
>>
>>2230632
It must be a frightful day if Shakudo couldn't shush baby Electrum.
This makes me wonder if Copper was a curious baby.
>>
>>2230810
>This makes me wonder if Copper was a curious baby.
That would be the cute option, so yes.

Along with being their first child, Gold and Silver would have had their hands full, despite how easy Copper probably was to deal with as a baby (well, compared to Electrum at least).
>>
>>2230812
Well if nothing else, Copper was probably not as fussy as Electrum. Probably explored much more than Electrum did though causing shenanigans.
>>
>>2230818
It was a lifelong sense of curiosity, too.
>>
>>2230820
Indeed, it probably gets passed along to Brass or Bronze in some manner
>>
>>2230826
Partially explains the ease with which they pick up their respective instruments.
>>
Happy new year thread, here's to another year of personified metal. I bet Indium and Nd would be hosting some count event during nye's
>>
>>2231014
Happy new year! If Indium is co-hosting it, you can bet Selenium is watching.
>>
>>2231014

Happy new year! This year has been quite hectic, I certainly wouldn't imagine I'd be writing so more a mere 365 days earlier

Although a lot of things are competing with Metall/u/rgy for my free time, I hope I'll be able to write the alkali arc by the end of the year, as well as the promised Eu and Pm profiles, and the continuation of the Electrum and CoPt fics

But first I have to rewrite the end of Lifesaver chapter 2 that I deleted by mistake, oops
>>
>>2231428
>the alkali arc
Oh my.

Thanks for all the writing!
>>
>>2231436

Thanks, the alkali arc will be set in the future compared to Y0, still deciding the outline of it

(Unrelated)
For those who follow the /u/ divegrass team but not the general thread, the first poll for winter is up there
>>
>>2232425
Ah, that's what I thought might happen.

Thanks for the reminder.
>>
Added Niello to Ag's profile and the missing B and Y entries to Li

http://archiveofourown.org/works/5253113/chapters/15521371
>>
>>2233202
>Niello
It's official, now. Have fun with Shakudo.
>>
>>2233386
So how will Shakudo go about going after or being ensnared by Niello's unwitting wiles.
>>
>>2233857
Without even knowing it, at first. On the other hand, Niello might not fully comprehend what she's getting herself into.
>>
>>2233904
That's probably normal for Niello, though it would be great if she brought her A game when it finally clicked for her.
>>
>>2234157
Now that would be a formidable sight.
>>
>>2234178
I think we're forgetting something important though. How does Niello look?
>>
>>2234213
Hmmm, good question. I've been picturing her with short, light blonde hair and glasses, though I don't know how accurate that would be.
>>
>>2234220
I'm not sure how I feel about short, I don't think Shakudo's height was ever really nailed down. I do like the idea of light/platinum blonde hair that has some silver in it to create a nice look. Not real sure if Silver had something similar or if she naturally has light grey hair. I was feeling glasses as well, though unlike Iridos, Krypton, Copper, or Silver they're more complete circle frames like Harry potter's in style.

Allows her to have some potential scenes were the light reflects off them while her face is shadowed or other neat things.
>>
>>2234226
Oh, I meant short hair. That color sounds right though.
>>
>>2234229
Well now I feel silly. Short or shoulder length. I think a pixie cut might look good, though shoulder length could compliment the glasses
>>
>>2234236
I was picturing it fairly short, but anything would work, really. Maybe she grows it out.
>>
>>2234242
I could see her being so busy that it gets away from her and she just lops it off every season or so. I can't see her, with the way her personality is described, maintaining long hair.
>>
>>2234247
That fits her perfectly.
>>
>>2234253
Indeed, would be rather cute if her reasoning kind of sold Electrum on short hair.
>>
>>2234265
So, that's where her influence went.
>>
>>2234226

Wait, for Shakudo or Niello?
>>
>>2234326
That was mostly about Niello. The Shakudo mention was about their heights cause I misread anon's post
>>
>>2234330

Oh right, I feel Shakudo rather tall with long silky jet black hair moar height gap
>>
>>2234335
I'm digging the long black hair, though let's say amber eyes. I'm not actually sure about the height gap. Initially I was feeling that Niello would fit being the shorter of the two but I've come to like the idea that they have a difference of four inches so that NIello can shadow Shakudo's face when she's bringing her S-game.
>>
>>2234335
Sounds right!
>>
>>2234365

>implying Niello has anything on Shakudo's true S-game

She'll learn that Shakudo is the apex predator sooner or later
>>
>>2234389
She'll find herself out of her league, and like it.
>>
>>2234389
Sure Shakudo, totally believable.
>>
>>2234402

You'd know it if you asked the billons around; Shakudo is an alpha lesbian
>>
>>2234439
An alpha she may be, but that doesn't equate to apex predator. One who hunts solely because they're challenged. I'm sure if the billons weren't so wrapped up in speculating about young misses' love lives they'd realize it too.
>>
>>2234449
Maybe Shakudo isn't as predatory as she would like to believe, and Niello isn't as smooth as she thinks...but it'll work out. And Shakudo will claim her once she realizes what's going on.
>>
>>2234556
True though I think we're underestimating how smooth Niello thinks she is. Or at least most of the time.
I still say Niello should be the taller of the two.
>>
>>2235162
And in the end she doesn't even realize how smooth she actually is. Maybe.
>>
>>2235181
Fits her to a T.
>>
Elect and Cu must be happy when they get together.
>>
File: 1480151467345.png (376KB, 2216x1833px) Image search: [Google]
1480151467345.png
376KB, 2216x1833px
>>2235196
Well they did get their favorite nannies together with the help of some billons. Much to Niello's possible consternation at being called that. I bet when news breaks to Gold and Silver they just make respective quips about how it's not a surprise. Gold saying something about how of course Shakudo would have excellent taste going for Silver's steward. It's why she kept her around.

That aside, does anyone know if the city map got any updates? I wanna make sure all the charts posted recently are correct.
>>
>>2235286
That's call for one of Au's patent "fufufu" laughs. All according to plan.
>>
>>2235286
I think that is the most recent map.
>>
What would happen if LiPo went to the bar Ho was working at one night? Flirtatious shenanigans?
>>
>>2236690
They would really wear Ho out.

>The next day...
>Kr: Why do you look so tired?
>Ho: A businesswoman (and her friend) came in last night and drank all our alcohol
>Kr nods in recognition, realizing who it must have been
>Kr: You've reached a new level in bartending, congratulations
>>
File: Metallica.png (384KB, 2216x1833px) Image search: [Google]
Metallica.png
384KB, 2216x1833px
>>2235286
>That aside, does anyone know if the city map got any updates? I wanna make sure all the charts posted recently are correct.

I made some changes but I don't believe I posted it yet

I'm planning to make something about it, a bit like the profiles, but I'm lacking names for the districts

>>2235350

Of course Au was the first to ship them

>Many years ago
>Au: Shakudo, you know that Niello girl Silver took in?
>Shakudo: Yes?
>Au: She lost her home, and she's quite shaken, maybe you should bring her some tea and keep her company if she wants

>>2236690

I don't really see any of them flirtations, especially not Li or at least, not before her situation gets sorted out

(unrelated)
Second poll for the /u/ divegrass team is up where you know. Metall/u/rgy got voted out which is kinda sad but given that it has, not just one, but three teams, I think it's a good thing to give way to new players, plus C has a very good run in Autumn
>>
>>2237004
Plus, Li isn't much of a drinker.
>>
>>2237004
Well there's only what? two named districts so far? You also have the obligatory Downtown. Depending on where the hearth is located it could double as Mid-town if we wanna take inspiration from some bigger cities.

Industrial area could probably have a name via disaster event or something. Like a big ass fire during the city's history that lead to it having some superstition around it. Would be an excellent way to be called Vulcain's forge or something if it's a renowned area.
>>
>>2237037
Here's how I see it

1 - The Citadel (old medieval city)
2 - ? (old classical city, relatively high)
3 - The Canals (old docking area, at river level)
4 - ? (late/classical/romantic/industrial era city, like the european capitals)
5 - The Hearth (like above but more prestigious - seat of the administrative power and posher district of the city)
6 - ? (exclusively business district)
7 - ? (mixed living/lesser business are with a big entertainment focus, like downtown Manhattan)
8 - ? (northern suburb, modest and less privilegied)
9 - ? (green, hilly, low-density district of the weathy)
10 - ? (southern suburb, rich and high tech)
11 - The Forge (industrial city)

>Like a big ass fire during the city's history that lead to it having some superstition around it.

And the recent fire at Pb's industrial center didn't really help
>>
>>2237066
The older areas could simply be called "the old city".
>>
File: Metallica districts.png (339KB, 2216x1833px) Image search: [Google]
Metallica districts.png
339KB, 2216x1833px
>>2237066
>forgot the image
>>
>>2237066
If the citadel was/is an acropolis that kind of suggests it being older than medieval times. The nickname could've been bestowed during the middle ages though. Rather fitting too considering the walls and position.

I like your layout. Maybe not all the potential 'The X' since I feel variety would suit it better but it works good as a list. If we're going full euro on city layout/partly culture we could start using more classical names and the like for naming districts.
>number 9
Come on, it's green-hill zone :^)
>>
>>2237066
7 could always be Elysium depending on the level of entertainment tech available in the setting.
>>
>>2237070
>>number 9
>Come on, it's green-hill zone :^)

>>2237215
>7 could always be Elysium

I'm missing the references here
>>
>>2237603
9 is sonic. One of the very first stages is named Greeneville zone.
Elysium for seven was just a way to reference it as an entertainment paradise.
>>
>>2237636

Greenville sounds quite bland, I think Arcadia would be better (and it would make the second district named after one of Rapture's areas)
>>
>>2237890
Greenville was suppose to be Green-hill zone. That's what I get for posting so late. Arcadia does sound nice, not completely sold on it but definitely better than I was thinking.
>>
Scandium, Aluminium. 100 words.
http://archiveofourown.org/works/6604894/chapters/20956772

Relevant music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H20DEfIdZsk
>>
>>2238179
Cheer up, Scandium.
>>
So for those oneshots and drabbles, how far into the future do they get?
>>
>>2238541

They're generally set around the present, unless specified otherwise
>>
>>2238596
Any sort of limit for the specified future ones?
>>
>>2238602
The doesn't seem to be, though many events are already planned or set in stone.
>>
>>2238602

Basically this >>2238615 There's no limits outside of the established "canon"
>>
Shakudo would still check in on Elect and Cu to see if they need anything even when she was supposed to be on vacation. Au had to force her to take some time off in the family's seaside house; probably by locking her inside.
>>
>>2240084
>"Shakuodo, it's your day off!"
>"What's a 'day off'?"
>"It's a day where you're free of your obligations."
>"...I don't follow."
>>
>>2240596
Niello can teach her about it.
>>
>>2240084
>Gold forgets to give Shakudo the keys
>Sends Niello to the house to pass them along to Shakudo
>takes at least 2 days for Niello to get there
>She only lost the keys once
Aside from exaggerating Niello being an airhead, I'm sure gold would dos omething like this if Shakudo didn't run it by Gold that she might be interested in Niello.
>>
>>2240658
Gold ships them so hard.
>>
>>2240896
Or maybe she loves to watch them fumble about, while helping at opportune times. Definitely feels more like a thing for the daughters to do.
>>
>>2240909
It's fun for the whole family.
>>
>>2240926
>Arrange to get Shakudo and Niello alone in the same room
>Hilarity and sexual tension ensues
>>
>>2240941
Silver might disapprove of her wife's shenanigans if she didn't also think that they made a good couple.
>>
>>2240944
She probably disapproves of how overt Gold might get in setting things up
>>
>>2240948
>Ag: Gold, what are you doing? You need to be more subtle about it.
>>
>>2240952
>Like Mithril
Results in Gold just cutely pouting and pulling her actions back.
>>
>>2241139
"Why is everyone acting so strangely?" wonders Shakudo.
>>
Copper is cute.
>>
>>2242435
Zinc, please.
>>
>>2242502
You caught me.
>>
>>2242502

Funny how we now immediatly identify Cu's partner as Zn, while it's not always been the case
>>
>>2242872
>CuPt
What could have been.
>>
>>2242875

Honesly less than the CuZn and CoPt it gave way to

I liked one of the very early ideas of Cu having been with both Sn an Zn, but that was even before PbSn were a thing
>>
>>2242878
Very true, though they would have made a cute couple. CuZn and CoPt are great.
>>
>>2242879

CuPt is cute, but Pt needs someone to steer her andkeep her grounded, and Co is the perfect woman for the job

Cu meanwhile looks good with anyone, which is appropriate when you consider the RL uses of the metal
>>
>>2242930
It really works perfectly.
>>
I was thinking about how BeMg came together and don't rember what is was for AlSc
>>
>>2244509
Don't remember what regarding AlSc?
>>
>>2244510

How they graduated from friends to lovers
>>
>>2244553
naturally? If I remember the convos proper, it involves Sc inviting Al to some concert or event that AL was skeptical about. This started a little tradition thing where they'd go to a show or something every few weeks and then eventually Al took her to dinner. Point is, it's a slow build up that Al's kind of partially aware of. It happens when she's tiring of one night stands and is thinking about settling down but doesn't realize the torch Sc bears for her.
>>
>>2244568
>>2244553
It goes a little further than that, IIRC. It starts like that without both of them (or really mostly Al) fully realizing what's happening. At a certain point, though, despite her feelings, Sc decides to quit her job instead of having to watch Al move on from her to other women. Basically, she's afraid that Al doesn't realize what she's doing (because she doesn't know how SC feels about her). When Sc confesses, announces this to her and begins to leave, Al makes the snap decision to ask her to become an actual couple instead of losing her, because she too has come to have feelings for her in return.
>>
>>2245215
I think it was more they were at a dinner, which was unusual for their outings, so Sc confronts her and talks about resigning because she works herself up. Which like you said is what forces Al's hands
>>
>>2245221
Right, something like that. It would definitely be a situation of Sc's internal struggles coming to light, because unbeknownst to her, Al actually has started to fall for her.
>>
>>2245229
Indeed, and also Sc getting ahead of herself. She probably didn't need to fully resign, she could've just requested a transfer or something
>>
>>2245250
And it would only be motivated by insecurities in the first place at that. Maybe a part of her still saw Al as "unattainable".
>>
>>2245254
Well insecurities and casual dismissal rooted in denial. Cause why would they be dates? They're just friends and Sc would never be that lucky ;_;
>>
>>2245287
Turns out that Sc is luckier than she thinks.
>>
So with the fact that there's a small host of fictional elements within the setting to expand on their fiction, something has caught my notice. While we have unobtainium, handwavium, the magical girl one, and the sport one. I can't help but feel like we're missing one. Plotium which would maybe be the fantasy equivalent to Unobtainium.
>>
>>2245847
Yeah, that sounds fine. It fits with the rest.
>>
>>2245873
She was made famous in her series by her trademark and iconic armor that she typically wears in some fashion.
>>
>>2245874
How skimpy is it?
>>
>>2245877
Depends on the incarnation. I'm sure when she was featured in a graphic novel/comic there was a run or two where she had typical skimpy armor akin to Red Sonja
>>
>>2245878
That sounds like the sort of thing that would have Ada posing on the cover.
>>
>>2245881
Possibly. Depends on how old of a series Plotium and her adventures are. I'm sure teen Mithril spent a few good nights with those books/run if Pandema was on the cover posing.
>>
>>2245884
Do you think she would have handed her collection down to her daughter by now, or are they in a safe somewhere?
>>
>>2245886
Oh they're safe some where. How else can she re-enact scenes with Ada if her daughter has them? Much to Ada's possible embarrassment, Mithril loves it when Ada surprises her via roleplaying some characters from the books. Really brings the fangirl out in Mithril, while also talking about how she has the vapors.
>>
>>2245887
>A reticent Ada stiffly reciting what she knows are Mithril's favorite lines for her
>Mithril instantly picking up the cue and responding in-character
Holy shit, too cute.
>>
>>2245878
>Red Sonja

Original Red Sonja then, modern ones are just tasteless
>>
>>2246128
Sure, it largely depends on the series' age. Unobtainium and her chronicles sounds, agewise, that it was made within the last fifty years of the setting. Like Star Wars or Star Trek. I was kinda angling for Plotium to be older and longer running allowing for fun little expressions to pop up about her armor and it's ability to withstand a ton of stuff.
>>
>>2246135

Unobtainium is 20-ish years old, seen as it's been created by Rn
>>
>>2246281
Younger than I thought but it makes sense. I wonder what Rn was a fan of when she was younger. Well aside from Sci-fi
>>
>>2246356
She was probably a voracious reader.
>>
>>2246359
So just an obligatory everything then. Except maybe biographies
>>
>>2246360
Unless it was a really good one!
>>
>>2246361
That made me realize the setting doesn't really have a lot of historical figures
>>
>>2246359
>>2246360

Well, bedridden girl gotta busy herself!

>>2246370

Mendeleiev
>>
>>2246370
Hmmm, that's true.
>>
>>2246419
>Spoiler
That is true. The thought of using the Grecian elemental table/latin one did also come to mind if we wanted to establish historical figures for whatever reason.
>>
>>2246606
There are also the names that have fallen out of use like Azote (Nitrogen), Niton (Radon) or Erythronium (Vanadium).
>>
>>2246611
Also true, though I feel Aurum might just be an ancestor for Gold.
Meanwhile Hydrargyrus/m is just a little too similar to Mercury. Too similar
>>
>>2246634
Gold carries on the proud tradition of being fabulous and extravagant.
>>
>>2246643
Most likely though I bet Aurum might’ve had a different occupation in line for her dynasty
>>
>>2246679
Like what?
>>
>>2246723
Government in reference to how Aurum brought about a 'Golden Age' while she was in position. Though really I think she would be happy her line lasted so long
>>
>>2246732
She sounds very responsible.
>>
Was Iron always a giant or did she grow into being one?
>>
>>2247015
Well, she was tall as early as highschool.
>>
>>2247066
So any picture Carbon might have of her and Iron would have her stoic teddybear towering over her
>>
>>2247403
Yup, or any charcoal portrait.
>>
>>2247406
A Polaroid might make for a funnier image if Iron is out of the frame
>>
>>2247419
Carbon definitely still has that photo somewhere.
>>
>>2247423
I bet a young Steel would be rather curious about that picture
>>
>>2247546
Something about the girl in it seems familiar...
>>
>>2247559
Obviously her mum's little sister and some tall girl - said an 8 year old Steel.
Pretty sure it was decided Iron got the red during her disappearance.
>>
>>2247562
Yup, that was the case.
>>
>>2247563
Might choke up Carbon if Steel brought it to her. Especially if she can see Iron's soft smile in the frame.
>>
>>2247600
Steel will understand better when she's a little older.
>>
So how many clubs/venues does Krypton own? I know there's Lone Digger and Future club but are there any other named ones?
>>
>>2248288
Other than those two, I don't think so any more are named. She definitely also has a smaller, more "classy" type bar (like the kind Po frequents and drags Li out too).
>>
>>2248301
Well officially named, I'm sure the night life scene has names for them. Would be rather quaint if Kr also has a few worker/cop bars as well.
>>
>>2248310
Don't forget firefighters!
>>
>>2248313
Yes well they could be coupled with cop bars
>>
>>2248338
Yup. It would be funny if Lr eventually took Am out on a "date" to one, despite the fact that neither of them (can?) drink. It's the thought that counts.
>>
>>2248340
Would be cute if Lr kind of nervously asked Ada which bar to go to while trying to be vague about her intentions about it being a date.
>>
>"How cute,"
Ada thinks with a completely straight face.
>>
>>2248361
Meant as a reply to >>2248357
>>
>>2248361
The monotone also helps sell it
>>
>>2248361
>>2248375

Ada really is like Hiromi from Sisterism

Is Mithril like Saki?
>>
I just realized how much I really would like to see a drawing of Ada and Mithril sharing a dance at one of Gold's formal balls. One more for the wishlist.
>>
>>2248376
Maybe, except they didn't waste any time getting it on.
>>
>>2248377
I bet they're a sight together, especially with Mithril having her heels on. Tallest couple in the gala.
>>
>>2248849
They really make an impression.
>>
What does Radium like to paint?
>>
>>2249551
Nature scenes probably. Maybe landscapes. Wasn't really discussed though I would imagine she'd like traditional paintings and would take inspiration from such things.
>>
>>2249554
She can probably do a nice still life. Even if landscapes are more fun.
>>
Radon, Polonium.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/8500270/chapters/21329465
>>
>>2249892

There's hardly anything sweeter than sisters looking after each other
>>
Nitrogen has a pilot's license, right?
>>
>>2249974
Yes, I believe so
>>
>>2249992
Nice way to see the countryside.
>>
>>2249995
It is more of a hobby for her, bet it surprised K when N took her on a date that way.
>>
>>2249999
Mhm, that's what I thought. That's pretty romantic.
>>
>>2249892
Pretty nice, I bet Po would often fall asleep while doing such things.
>>
>>2250000

Only N can pull off romantic dates in a helicopter
>>
>>2250368
And Radon is a quick reader too.

>>2250406
Fancy!
>>
The real dilemma though is; how will Nb get with Zirconium before the crushing loneliness consumes an old lady like her.
>>
>>2250963

Nb already stuck her foot in the door; Zr doesn't stand a chance
>>
>>2251035
Zr is lucky to have such a cute and determined girl looking after her.
>>
On the other hand, Nb is lucky to have someone as wise and experienced as Zr.

Anyway, Barium hasn't seen much discussion outside of being blonde and having green eyes. What kind of hairstyle does she have?
>>
>>2251216
Shoulder length perhaps. She also looks kinda constantly frazzled since she works under/with Strontium and Calcium does weird things to her boss that has her concerned. I think anyway. Most likely wrong about the Sr connection.
>>
>>2251250
I don't remember her having any specific connection to Sr, but it would fit. As a college student, it would make sense if she attends her class. I also imagine that she would have a playful side, at least with Hf.
>>
>>2251252
I'm probably confusing Sr's TA or disciple with Barium, the element is escaping me at the moment. I also seem to be blanking super hard since I can't remember if she had any connections. Could work though if Boron introduced them to each other.
>>
>>2251271
You might be thinking of Hf, Barium's girlfriend, who is Zr's TA.
>>
>>2251287
That's probably it. Man there really is nothing for Barium.
>>
>>2251295
Yup. Based on some of her properties she could be a fairly upbeat person.
>>
>>2251296
And possibly foreign descended as well if we want to play up the element's history
>>
>>2251324
Hmm, that's a interesting idea. Her ancestor could be named Baryta.
>>
>>2251326
Well most recent ancestor or perhaps most well-known. Could even be the ancestor that began having vibrant green eyes. I am also of the notion that she possibly gets to know Zinc in some capacity. Possibly as a friend or someone she looks up to as she's going through uni.
>>
>>2251331
Maybe whichever one first moved into the city.

There's definitely a lot of potential for how she could meet Zinc.
>>
>>2251333
That works, and weatherite could be the ancestor that stayed in their original country. Although skimming the wikipage seems to suggest that she would find odd employment. If anything she might be similar to Boron only she'll be working under Aluminium in some capacity. Maybe not so much negotiating as something more internal for the megacorp. Like HR, Internal security, or even finances.
>>
>>2251336
Yeah, that would be good. Aside from Scandy, there isn't anyone else who's working for Aluminum's company already, right? HR sounds good too.

If she ever met Tellurium, they would probably bond over explosions.
>>
>>2251338
>Al's rising start in HR is a bombastic lady, who's explosiveness has a tendency to spook those that aren't used to the general attitude in the megacorp
I can see it now. Though that'll be after she's left uni. Probably learned how to be a little strict and stern from Sr though. Who knows though, if she befriends Aluminium she might be a hop, skip, and a jump away from Te.
>>
>>2251342
Sr must be proud.
>>
>>2251343
She would considering hr might have to deal with letting people go and other things that requires a more careful or stern hand. Bit of a ways away though, though it helps put into perspective what she'd be doing in uni. Only thing we might have to bridge is how she ends up working for Al after uni.
>>
>>2251344
It could be as simple as a random job interview. Which leads to thoughts of Hf helping Ba prepare for it and giving the thumbs-up before she heads out the door.
>>
>>2251348
Could be, starts low and works her way up. Fitting considering Aluminium though I think that's more typical of Iron. Though you raise a good point, any idea on how Hf and Ba get together?
>>
>>2251374
Well, they go to the same college, so that's how they would meet; seeing each other from a distance, and I like the idea of Ba harboring a crush on Hf before making her move. Considering that Hf would be the more shy of the two, Ba would be the one to do so. Maybe even during some fireworks.
>>
>>2251379
Could be fitting. Maybe during some festival that makes use of the city's canals.
>>
>>2251389
Very romantic.
>>
So kinda out there as a topic but how would Steel react to sudden surprise? Either serious or mostly harmless.
>>
>>2251581
Visibly, just as an instant reaction, to pick one arbitrarily.
>>
>>2251652
And emotionally?
>>
>>2251669
Depends on the surprise.
>>
>>2251670
Damn she is a tricky girl to nail down.
>>
>>2251672
You could say that again.
>>
>>2251675
Quit posting Electrum. Terne'll get jealous.
>>
>>2251678
Maybe Electrum likes it when Terne is a little jealous...
>>
>>2251682
She should be trying to help Steel puzzle through her feelings regarding Ferra instead of being a proto-yandere
>>
>>2251686
That brings up the question of how vocal Steel would be about her personal issues.
>>
>>2251691
I kind of see her similar to Iron, only perhaps different? If that makes sense. At least when dealing with them, in that she'll try and work through them herself. Though my justification for that is a bit weak since she ample support around her when younger leading to the likelihood of talking to someone like Silicon, Mo, or Cr if Carbon was preoccupied and it really bugged her. So maybe in that case her semi-reserved nature works against her. Where typically she'd talk, if she feels it's too personal or she doesn't have a good handle on it she won't seek out help.

Although you reminded me of something else. It seems, and with what's been inferred, that Steel while personable doesn't try or maintains friends. I think Terne, Pewter, Vanadium, Tc and Titanium might be her entire circle before Iron. She might even view Titanium as tenuous considering Ti was her babysitter. Maybe not actually considering what's been written indicating Vanadium and her regularly have plans. Same for Pewter who is just her bestie's little sister. Perhaps its more friends her age she doesn't try to maintain. Ferra seems like an odd case despite syncing up to Steel's penchant for befriending older women.
>>
>>2251692
It sounds like she would confide in someone close to her then. Trying to figure it out herself while still relying on others the help of her loved ones, so more of a combination of both her parents.

Steel seems like she isn't actively seeking any popularity, but sticks by the good friends she does have.
>>
>>2251694
I suppose that fits, though I'm not too sure how she'd react to dishonesty. Seeing how Iron is rather demure/absent minded most times and Carbon is kinda frazzled, I get the feeling Steel's more understanding/cautious when it comes to dishonesty. Internally analyzing whether it's a small or forgivable lie or something that feels more personal and big. Lie of omissions too. It's rather odd considering it'll probably impact how she meets Iron, officially, for the first time.

That's a fair assessment. I wonder if she's views Ti or Tc as a better big sister than the other.
>>
>>2251695
>I wonder if she's views Ti or Tc as a better big sister than the other.
Hmmm, wouldn't they like to know.
>>
>>2251699
Well on one hand Ti is more recent, but Tc was around during her formative years
>>
>>2251702
It's a tough call.
>>
Speaking of weird parental situations, how did Ti discover Mithril being her other mom?
Ada is and always will be 'Mother' in Ti's mind.
>>
>>2251709
AFAIK they were all living together from the point Mithril graduated from highschool, so Mithril has always been known as her mom.
>>
>>2251714
So Ti was about what? 2 when Mithril started living with them? Could make for fun shenanigans, especially if Ada's adoring side came out when Ti began to speak.
>>
>>2251716
Yeah, that sounds right.

Those are some of the happiest memories Ada has.
>>
>>2251718
I bet, man that household must've been interesting when Ti was a babby. Allowed Mithril access to an adorable side of her crush/gf.
>>
>>2251723
Mi must have been ecstatic about that.

Even before she moved in with them, she probably visited on a daily basis.
>>
>>2251725
Should probably be a bit more realistic considering she went to public school while staying at a base. So weekends probably. Allowing Adamantine a day where she could sleep in until she heard Ti sniffling.
>>
>>2251740
Yeah, weekends might make more sense. Poor Mi. Poor Ada too for that matter.
>>
>>2251794
Probably comes over bright and early Saturday and sleeps over before going back on Sunday. Much to Mi's parent's mirthful gaze about what's happening.
They probably don't come forward and admit to Ti being their child to the grandparents until she's eleven.
>>
>>2252001
That's probably a prudent idea.
>>
>>2251794
>>2251725

>Mi comes to visit her wife and daughter
>Runs into Ada breastfeeding Ti
>Faints
>>
>>2252020
>When she wakes up Ada is fully dressed
>"You imagined that."
>>
All this development for Barium made me realize something. It's a good thing her and Fluorine have never met or else Krypton's clubs might be in danger.
>>
>>2252153
At least they would be able to detect and high energy particles that might be around.
>>
>>2252165
Yes this is true. I bet BaNeHmF would be an interesting group to see at the club.
>>
>>2252169
It would be awfully bright.
>>
New thread soon?
>>
>>2252879
Yeah probably. I should look for a theme to do for OP or something if I make it.
>>
>>2252890
Hmmm, it is hard to top Panchaloha.
>>
>>2252908
Yeah, I'll think of something though it might be later in the night when I get around to it.
>>
>>2252911
Take your time.
>>
New thread that's oxygen free
>>2252999
>>2252999
>>2252999
Thread posts: 428
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.