[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Winter season yuri anime

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 305
Thread images: 25

File: 1479913993552.jpg (3MB, 1914x5200px) Image search: [Google]
1479913993552.jpg
3MB, 1914x5200px
So Kobayashi-san and that's all as something yuri related goes?

Seeing LWA anime there's also few others all-girl shows out there too.
>>
Just watch Super Lovers and imagine they're girls. Most /u/ you'll ever get in anime form.
>>
Other than Kobayashi's Dragon Maid we can only hope some of the all girl series at least will have some subtext.

>>2196118
>pretend the dudes in an /y/ series are girls
Bruh
>>
>>2196127
Gabriel Dropout will have a fair amount of subtext if it's faithful to the manga.
>>
Looks like I can skip this season.
>>
>Kuzu no Honkai
Looking forward to the shitstorm this will cause.
>>
>>2196115
What about Schoolgirl Strickers?
>>
Urara Meirochou will be our Manga Time Kirara show of the season, so I'm more invested in seeing how that goes. Hopefully it's as gay as kin-mo or yuyushiki or sakura trick.

Anyone here know what we can expect from this beyond the description?
>>
>Schoolgirl Strikers
>"This is the story of love, courage and frienship of the girls called Strikers"
>love
It seems to be set in an all-girls school, and there are no male characters in sight, so far.

>>2196135
Isn't it het?
>>
File: urara meicho 0.jpg (320KB, 600x705px) Image search: [Google]
urara meicho 0.jpg
320KB, 600x705px
>>2196115
Kobayashi: Anti-kyoani bfto!
Minami Kamakura: is like long rider but now with more subtext
Gabriel: Sure
Urara Meirochou: yes, one of the girls like the tomboy one
Kuzu no Honkai: this had explicity yuri but mostly here won't handle
Nyanko Days;the plot look /u/
Idol J, BanG Dream, LWA, School girl Strike
are probably surprise like Ange vierge and others
>>
>>2196150
The main characters are both het, but the female one has female admirers I believe.
It's grasping at straws but there are people on this board that will do just that.
>>
File: kuzu no honkai 16.jpg (441KB, 1125x1600px) Image search: [Google]
kuzu no honkai 16.jpg
441KB, 1125x1600px
>>2196154
Is more than that main girl had a female friend who is in love of her and they had sex twice and they break they friendship
>>
>>2196145
>Urara Meirochou will be our Manga Time Kirara show of the season
I sure hope it's better than the current MTK show of the season.
It's not a high bar.
>>
>>2196161
oh geeze then this is really going to attract the NTR fans.
>>
>>2196150
I think we would see a lot of Schoolgirl Strikers in /u/ in the near future then.
>>
>>2196161
I can not wait for the shitstorm that series is going to cause in here.
>>
>>2196118
That's just crazy enough to work, sis.

I wish.
>>
>>2196154
Wait so there are male characters?
>>
>>2196345
The MCs are a het couple.
>>
>>2196345
Yes from what I've read they two MC are in a superficial relationship while both having feelings for teachers.
Everything seems to be het aside from what >>2196161 says.
>>
>>2196161
Even with this scene, there's nothing in this series for /u/s, I think.
>>
>>2196370
Was this the serie where the yuri friend who had sex with femMC said she hates men but has a guy who is into her and she ends with him in some way?
>>
>>2196371
Plus from what I'm seeing the femc only had sex with her because she has a crush on a guy who she can't be with so she is a friends with benefit relationships to anyone who tries. Just another trashy story where everyone has sex with everyone but hates themselves because drama. I'm sure there are plenty of other het manga where something similar happens, this one just happened to get adapted because Japan is on a cucking spree.
>>
>>2196154
I really hope the anime doesn't cause another war between hetshit and yuri hibikek
>>
>>2196415
Don't both relationships have a bad development?
Looks more like a "everybody loses" deal.
>>
So besides maid dragon, the (probably) all-girls stuff to watch out for are:

- Idol Jihen
- Urara Meirochou
- Jitensha-bu
- Kemono Friends
- BanG Dream
- Little Witch Academia
- Gabriel Dropout
- Schoolgirl Strikers
- Nyanko Days

Does any of the above have confirmed het?
>>
>>2196424
Exactly. There are going to be some desperate anons trying to preach a dead case that was over before it began.
>>
Is dragon meido like Pandora? Guess gonna have to play pretend with Super mario lovers like >>2196118
>>
>>2196118
>Most /u/ you'll ever get in anime form.

There's two yuri anime coming next year.
And before you say: "but they're shit". So is Super Lovers.
>>
File: oche milo.png (2MB, 900x1323px) Image search: [Google]
oche milo.png
2MB, 900x1323px
I wouldn't call Urara Meirochou very gay but it's extremely heartwarming.
>>
>>2196115
>Little Witch Academia
>Gabriel Dropout
>Schoolgirl Strikers
These are the only ones that look promising.
>>
File: 005.jpg (551KB, 1124x1600px) Image search: [Google]
005.jpg
551KB, 1124x1600px
Nyanko Days is getting an anime? That will be a couple minutes of cute to look forward to each week.
>>
File: 1462654552998.jpg (74KB, 632x590px) Image search: [Google]
1462654552998.jpg
74KB, 632x590px
Backlog season!
>>
Looks like a decent season. If even half of all the potential all-female series have good subtext, it'll be worth it.
>>
>>2196449
>>2196593
>Schoolgirl Strikers
Read through the thread. It's het as hell
>>
>>2196718
You mean this thread? I think you got the wrong series. The het as hell series discussed is Kuzu no Honkai.
>>
>>2196115
LWA is the only show I think I'll bother with next season.

The one about girls on bikes if it's any good too, maybe.
>>
>>2196718
There is no male character introduced, there will probably be no male character, like Girlfriend Beta
>>
I'm totally confused. So Schoolgirl Strikers is /u/ friendly or not?
>>
>>2196742
There's plenty of subtext though, the majority of content on the board.
>>
>>2196718
I'm concerned for your reading comprehension.
>>
>>2196371
No, that didn't happend with the yuri character
>everyone has sex with everyone
not that much, Hanabi only had sex with Eechan and that all
>>
First season where there's no throwaway harem garbage, and there isn't even that many interesting stuff to watch.
I hope LWA gets popular enough with the yuri community so I can drown myself in fanart.
>>
>>2196743
There are no male characters so far, it seems to be set in an-all girls school and the summary does mention "love stories" between the Strikers.

So chances exist.

>>2196781
>First season where there's no throwaway harem garbage
There are, however. Between 2 and 5 of them.
>>
is kubikiri cycle /u/ related?
that description makes it sound like it is, but i have yet to see any talk about it around here
>>
>>2197135
How did you come to that conclusion?
https://myanimelist.net/anime/33263/Kubikiri_Cycle__Aoiro_Savant_to_Zaregototsukai
>>
File: sanae ebato.jpg (18KB, 206x500px) Image search: [Google]
sanae ebato.jpg
18KB, 206x500px
Do you like Ecchan design?
>>
>>2196115
2017 wil be shit i guess.
>>
BanG Dream is made by the people behind Love Live!

So we still have hope.
>>
>>2197456
It isn't though.
>>
File: 1462520121006.png (700KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
1462520121006.png
700KB, 848x480px
>Granblue Fantasy actually bothering with its MC for the anime adaptation

Oh well, maybe it might half as hype as Shingeki no Bahamut.
>>
>>2197461
>Shingeki no Bahamut
How is that show anyway? Last I heard it was delayed but no info about until when.
>>
>>2197473

We never know why it was delayed. There's no info about it, not even a rumor.
>>
File: 1476752828783.jpg (198KB, 700x999px) Image search: [Google]
1476752828783.jpg
198KB, 700x999px
>>2197473
I'm not talking about the /u/-relevant SnB anime project that's MIA, I'm talking about Shiggy no Bahamut Genesis with the dude with the afro.
>>
>>2196115
Gonna watch chaos child.
>>
So is Granblue gonna have /u/ or not?

Never got a real answer on this anywhere.
>>
>>2197772
Don't count on it.
>>
>>2197772
That's a male MC. I don't know what yuri you could see in this.
>>
>>2197772

Probably Yuri bait between Vira and Katalina
>>
>>2197772
It's not a yuri show, but there might be yuri moments between some characters.
>>
>>2196449
I'll probably be posting the first BanG_Dream thread so I do hope no-one barges in to go HURR DURR HETSHIT.
>>
>>2197456
The only things BanG_Dream has in common with with Love Live are the companies (Bushiroad and KLab) and the themes.

Other than that.

Original Creator- This guy. Some kinda award winning novelist and most certainly not Kimino Sakurako
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E4%B8%AD%E6%9D%91%E8%88%AA
Animation Studio- Xebec and ISSEN not Sunrise
Director- Atsushi Ootsuki not Takahiko Kyoguku
Series Composition- Yuniko Ayana.
>>
>>2198679
>Series Composition- Yuniko Ayana

And that's a good reason to have hope. Although the director worries me.

I'm also worried that it might be more CG than normal.
>>
>>2198687
She's a mixed bag.

I see she's responsible for Digimon Tri 1 (lackluster in Tai's character development) and Tri 2 (too much filler at the start).

At the same time, she's responsible for Locodol which I liked. She also wrote a few scripts for Im@s CG including that very blatant AnKira scene.

I guess I'll have to see whether the good outweigh the bad. As for the CG, I don't know what you mean by more than normal since all the MVs incorporate CG.
>>
>>2198692
I'm sure she didn't have any liberty in Digimon Tri, to be fair. The producers probably asked her to do a lot of things. It's like that adaptations of generic VN she did. And I don't know about FFXV anime, since I'm not interested, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was boring too.

When it's story focused on girls without het, though, she's usually pretty good.
>>
>>2198694
We can speculate that that could have been what happen but until I know otherwise, she is the writer and I'll assume she's played a huge role is putting in the shlock that weigh the series down. I'm also disappointed that the series did not explore the consequences of the world where everyone has a Digimon (including assholes, Al Qaeda, David Duke) but that's a story for another time.

Still, you could be right. These SOLs tend to be a light on characterisation so it shouldn't be that hard.
>>
>Bang Dream
>Idol Jihen
>Schoolgirl Strikers

I hate to be pessimistic but I feel like there's a 50/50 chance that we may get Cross Ange'd/Cinderella Girls'd by these shows. Putting male leads from out of nowhere. I hope I'm very wrong about this.
>>
>>2198694
The FFXV anime was pretty good backstory.
But just like the game, nothing /u/ related.
>>
>>2204938
Schoolgirl Strikers is based on a mobile game and its similar to Kantai Collection in the fact that theres no male characters in it.
>>
>>2204975
Except that KanColle has a self-insert who is preferably a guy at best. Even the anime had him although it tried to hide his gender.
>>
>>2197772
The only plot related character that has yuri potential is Vira and is on a one sided love with one of the main girls.
>>
>>2205089
>tried to hide his gender
Because the admiral doesn't have a gender in the game. It's not a character, it's literally you.
>>
>>2205107
also, she will probably only show up really late in the anime.
>>
>>2205109
yeah, and the you is normally a male all things considered.
>>
>>2204938
>male leads out of nowhere
>CG
There was always a male lead in Idolm@ster. Who do you think the Master is? It's the player character who is male.

Will there be males in BanG_Dream? Probably not based on every manga I glimpsed at.

Do I care? No. It's going to be awesome.
>>
>>2205107
There's also Rosetta who often comes on to other girls
>>
>>2205115
that's kind of pushing it, unless you're considering her interest if the MC was Djeeta
>>
>>2205112
You don't understand how KanColle works. You still think that the game has a character "the Admiral" which is wrong. Your ships interact directly with you and not with some in-game guy that represents you. KanColle doesn't have a producer protagonist like idolmaster.
>>
>>2205122
you're the one who didn't understand what I replied.
I just said that it's mostly male that play kancolle.
>>
File: 54351402_p4.jpg (415KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
54351402_p4.jpg
415KB, 800x600px
>>2205122
That doesn't matter at all.
The Admiral doesn't have a gender in the KanColle anime because the Admiral doesn't exist in the first place. Defining its image is absolutely out of question because that would ruin the fans experience regardless of their gender. This is a much more serious and important deal than you think.
>>
>>2205141
oops
>>2205128
>>
>>2205128
So? Even if that is true, there is still no canon admiral.
Are you going to tell every female who plays it that they are actually men? Because the player is the admiral.
Fan works have everything from people to animals and inanimate objects as admirals. Even other ship girls.
None of them are any more or less legitimate than your head-canon.
>>
>>2196115
why are animes getting worse with each season?
>>
>Kobayashi-san
>Kyoani
inb4 they remove all yuri from it in favor of subtext
>>
>>2205248
If they get to 29 they're going to have to be decisive about it.
>>
>>2205248
It's not like there's a lot of yuri to remove, if we're being honest.
>>
>>2205248
KyoAni only adds yuri, never removes it.
>>
>>2205392
You're right, they only bait us with the promise of yuri. They never remove it entirely.
>>
>>2205392
They add bait, not yuri. But I get it.
>>
>>2205405
Chu2 had a lot more then bait. And which anime besides Hibike had bait? Can't remember any of the K-On's or Kagami getting a boyfriend.
>>
>>2205396
Can you name one anime by KoyAni where they partly removed yuri subtext?
>>
>>2205442
None. Thats why i said that they never remove it. They just add bait.
>>
>>2205442
Isn't that the problem?
They add "yuri" even where there's not space for such.
>>
>>2205472
No, the problem with KyoAni is that when they add yuri they never commit to it.
>>
>>2205476
Only half of Kyoani's yuri is bait-and-switch. The other half is legitimately workable couples that aren't involved in het, most notable are Lucky Star, K-On!, and Chuuni.
>>
>>2205113
>There was always a male lead in Idolm@ster. Who do you think the Master is? It's the player character who is male.
>Girls can't be producers for idol girls
Fuck this game.
>>
>>2205248
Too late, there are already males in the anime. Yup, KyoAni trolling yurifags once again.
>>
>>2205700
>Girls can't be producers for idol girls
Incorrect. Ritsuko becomes a producer at some point of the anime.
>>
>>2205699
>Only half of Kyoani's yuri is bait-and-switch

Which ones besides Hibike? None of the other subtext girls ever get a boyfriend.
>>
>>2205748

I like how our definition of "100% canon yuri 10/10 would watch again" is now apparently "features a girl who does not have a boyfriend".
>>
>>2205865
I never spoke about any canon yuri. Only subtext. But it is funny how absolutely nobody can give an example where KyoAni removed yuri subtext.
>>
>>2205865
>now
Pretty sure it's been like that since forever.
>>
>>2205865
Do you even understand what subtext means?
>>
>>2205949
It certainly doesn't mean "a girl who doesn't have a boyfriend is a potential lesbian"
>>
File: 48582652_p0.png (422KB, 635x903px) Image search: [Google]
48582652_p0.png
422KB, 635x903px
>>2196115
My Akko/Diana folder is ready.
>>
>>2205970
It will almost certainly be the most yuri show next season. Unless Schoolgirl Strikers unexpectedly delivers on it's potential.
>>
>>2205976
The one about the maid dragons is considered yuri isn't it?
>>
>>2205980
Only if your goggles are on way too tight.
>>
>>2205968
Still waiting for those shows where KyoAni removed yuri subtext.
>>
>>2206049
Didn't that question was already responded by saying that they only add it? Or you just like to start shit with strangers on the internet?
>>
>>2205997
Overreacting much. That series isn't K-ON or Hibikek that requires ultra special googles to see the yuri. It is mostly subtext though.
>>
>>2206081
Hibikek is the opposite of gogglable. The yuri is plain to see. It wouldn't be good bait otherwise. I'm also confused at your definition of subtext when Tooru constantly explicitly proclaims her love for Kobayashi and wants to fuck her, only Kobayashi won't capitulate.
>>
>>2206092
You're right, i think Maid Dragons are more than just subtext. The fact that one is hesitant over going all in is the one thing that makes me say this is just subtext, which is wrong of course.

Hibikek is pure bait and not actual yuri, they tease you with this premise that they might feel something more than they actually feel, which is my definition of subtext. It's not plain to see if you're not actively looking for it, but it is there if thats what you're looking for. Thats why so many casuals say "They're just really close friends."
>>
I think the terms getting mixed up here are "subtext", "bait", and "superficial".

Yuri subtext would be implication that friendship between girls may be more than platonic. Yuribait would be displays of affection that suggest romance, but the girls never actually hook up with each other. Superficial yuri would be when an explicitly lesbian character's sexual orientation is played for comedy rather than actually portraying a mutual relationship.

All of these in contrast to "true" yuri where an explicit lesbian relationship is portrayed as a meaningful aspect of a character.
>>
>>2206302
Very helpful post to be honest. But i'd like to add something to your yuribait definition because i think the girls showing displays of affection never have the intention of hooking up with each other in the first place and your definition implies that they have desire to do it, but don't actually do it because reasons.

Other than that, i agree with your definitions.
>>
>>2206302
>Yuribait would be displays of affection that suggest romance, but the girls never actually hook up with each other.

How does that differ from the usual subtext? Personally I always considered yuri bait when the girls are not actually gay (or at least hard bi). So some girls in harem shows or the often mentioned Hibikek would qualify as bait. Playing with girls but ultimately wanting a boy.
>>
>>2205980
The two anime-exclusive males would like to say hi.
>>
>>2206395
>The two anime-exclusive males
Who?
>>
>>2206302
I don't think that definition of yuri bait is complete, and I think you're missing a category. I'd say it's more like:

1. At the very top you have "true yuri" where it's very obviously shown that the characters are in a relationship and aspects of that relationship get actual screentime. Like Haruka x Michiru from Sailor Moon, or Margot x Malga from Kyoukai Senjou Horizon.

2. It's heavily implied that two characters are in a relationship, but you never actually see it onscreen. That means no kisses, no romantic confessions, no telling their friends they're a couple or having others talk describe them as such (apart from jokingly). This is what should constitute "yuri subtext". Note that this doesn't mean they aren't gay, it's the opposite. I'm not even going to give an example here, but you know what I'm referring to.

3. When characters are shown to be close friends and have no potential male love interests, and the nature of their relationship after the show ends is left open to the viewer. This should be what "yuri goggles" shows are. Most slice of life shows go here.

4. Yuribait, the true enemy of /u/. This is when straight characters who are interested in guys in the show are shown having "yuri moments" with each other, usually in the form of accidental kisses, fantasies or CPR. It's even worse when the promotional material for the show looks like it's made to attract yuri fans before springing surprise het on them.

Most anime on /u/ are in #3, if we're lucky they end as #2 and in #4 if we're not.

I'm not going to debate in which category Hibike falls, but I think this sort of categorization only makes sense for completed shows.
>>
>>2206395
And who are those never before mentioned characters?
>>
>>2206395
What two "anime-exclusive males"? All I see on the news is that the anime casted VAs for two males (Kobayashi's coworker and the male dragon) were already in the manga.
>>
>>2206405
I like your definitions better, but they're still a bit off. I think subtext anime is that where they imply they could have a relationship rather than already being in one. We never see them kissing or anything like that, but they're definitely interested in each other.
>>
>>2206410
That anon is just trying to stir shit up. Those two are the only males in the entire series and they're basically background characters.
>>
>>2206405
That's a simplification that leaves out a girl romantically attracted to another being yuri even if they aren't in a relationship, and that can be one-sided or mutual, explicit or subtext (sometimes unrecognized or suppressed by the person with the feelings).
>>
>>2206416
This is a very good point. Yuri doesn't have to always be about a romantic relationship or the road to one. Sometimes you just want to enjoy sexual tension between the magical girl and the villain, or cry about feelings that did not reach each other.
>>
>>2206416
You're right, I shouldn't have specified that they have to be in a relationship.
>>
Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon TV PV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx-cdrHiGd0
>>
>>2206510
>rapping dragons and OLs
Kyoani does it again.
>>
>>2206510
rap rap yuri rap
>>
>>2206353
>>2206392
>>2206405
I forgot to mention that the categories are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

When I say "subtext", I mean >implications such as blushing or having strong emotional reactions towards a specific girl, in contrast to overt or blatant displays of particular affection. My use of "bait" is essentially "this could/should be a romance, but the writers are pussyfooting" (pun not intended).

To use examples from this season, Fine x Izetta. These two are so obviously homo that it most certainly does not qualify as subtext, but at the same time, since their relationship is unsubstantiated, it's just bait, at least for now. Keijo has Nozomi x Sayaka subtext, as well as Mio as your token lesbian rapist (superficial yuri as comedy), both of which can be categorized as "bait".
>>
>>2206525
I hate that kind of use of "bait" and don't want to see it accepted.

>These two are so obviously homo that it most certainly does not qualify as subtext,
It is subtext.
>>
>>2206302
That's not what fucking yuribait is, stop misusing the term.
>>
>>2206525
>since their relationship is unsubstantiated, it's just bait
No, it's just subtext. It would be bait if the Writer pulls another Sora no Woto and we get a het ending.
>>
>>2206529
>It is subtext.
Debatable. What do you consider the defining line between subtext and explicit attraction?

>>2206530
Then correct my definitions with the proper terminology. We're arguing semantics here; I'm just trying to attach words to concepts in a systematic manner.
>>
>>2206532
You're thinking of bait-and-switch. You don't need the "and-switch" part to have bait itself.
>>
>>2206534
>Debatable. What do you consider the defining line between subtext and explicit attraction?
It's kind of bizarre you're even asking. There's various things that would make it explicit. For some reason you seem to think the absence of something makes it explicit makes it "bait", but that's stupid. It just leaves it as subtext.
>>
>>2206542
This. Xena and Gabrielle are one of the most famous subtext pairings of all times and they even kissed and raised a baby together. Yuri just has a somewhat warped view of what 'subtext' is.

And stop using bait if you don't know what it means.
>>
>>2206534
Izetta and Keijo are subtext. Not even fucking close to being bait. Its not even debatable.
>>
>>2206537
But baiting implies deception, which I just don't see in Fine/Izetta. Any viewer familiar with anime conventions knows that few shows that imply lesbians ever step over the line to text. Thus, we don't feel deceived watching Izetta, even if they never become a couple.
>>
>>2206542
>For some reason you seem to think the absence of something makes it explicit makes it "bait"
No, the reason I use "bait" in these context is because having yuri interactions in a series attracts the interest of yuri fans, while not actually giving them what they want. There is no narrative purpose; there's no point in inserting romantic subtext into what is presumably a platonic friendship beyond simply pandering to (in other words, "baiting") yuri fans.

>>2206544
>>2206546
>>2206653
If "subtext" is defined as everything below kissing or explicit acknowledgement of love, then yes.
>>
>>2206534
>Bait
Only Hibikek is bait.
>>
>>2206669
Yuri baiting = girl(s) end up with a guy(s)
Yuri teasing = girls never enter a proper relationship

It's really not that hard.
>>
>>2206669
You may feel series like Izetta or characters like Mio in Keijo don't give you what you want, but you are not a universal representative of yuri fans and I personally do not like having someone like you using "bait" for them.

>there's no point in inserting romantic subtext into what is presumably a platonic friendship
That's a pretty muddled way of seeing it.

>beyond simply pandering to (in other words, "baiting")
Pandering and baiting have very different connotations.
>>
>>2206669
Subtext is exactly when theres not an explicit acknowledgement of love but the relationship still visible for the viewers.

Bait is only implying those feelings of love, but not actually going along with them since the characters are often interested in other male characters, see Hibikek for more of that.
>>
>>2206669
I just don't see why you'd want to use a strong word like "bait", which is something you use to lure animals to their deaths, for a phenomenon in which no one is actually deceived. Yuri fans who watch Izetta realize it probably won't end in a declaration of love or a kiss and are Fine with it.
>>
>>2206669
Congratulations, you just figured out what subtext is.
>>
>>2206671
See >>2206537

>>2206674
>but you are not a universal representative of yuri fans
Obviously not, but you make it sound as if those wanting explicit romances in yuri are a minority. And I'm not saying that a series is automatically ruined if there's no "true" yuri; it's a matter of preference.

>>2206677
>for a phenomenon in which no one is actually deceived
Only because people are smart enough to realize the pattern of such things.

>a strong word like "bait"
It's not a terribly strong word. Look at pic related. The focal point is two girls who look like massive homos. In the same way a shiny object may lure in an anime, a yuri fan's interest is caught. Again, most will implicitly know beforehand that they're not actually in a relationship, but that's not the important part. The "bait" has "caught" interest, which means it did its job.

>>2206675
>>2206678
>subtext
So was Homura all subtext up until "ai yo"? Maybe my goggles are miscalibrated.
>>
>>2206709
>may lure in an anime
*animal
>>
>>2206709
But the bait in 'yuribait' is the bait of 'bait and switch' or queerbaiting - insincere and exploitative. That's the spirit in which the phrase originated and has always been used until now and if you don't know how to use it then stop fucking saying it and diluting it for those who do and those situations which warrant it.

Also yes, Homura was textbook subtext up until that point. Why would your googles be miscalibrated? You recognised the subtext that was inserted into the story and were vindicated when she ai yo'd.
>>
>>2206709
>Only because people are smart enough to realize the pattern of such things.
I don't see how that's relevant. You don't need to be very smart to notice the pattern.

>It's not a terribly strong word
Negative, then?

>The "bait" has "caught" interest, which means it did its job.
Isn't that how fiction in general attracts an audience? I don't see why it should be called baiting in this one instance, again provided there's no deception.

>>2206776
Honestly, I think the way shows like Izetta use yuri subtext is insincere, but I still wouldn't call it bait.
>>
>>2206778
Why is it insincere though?
>>
>>2206781
Traditionally, artists used subtext to depict gay characters when it was the only way to get around censorship. It can also be aesthetically interesting to only use subtext when your characters are so closeted they can't acknowledge their sexuality in any overt way. Izetta isn't doing either; the subtext is there to attract yuri fans, but they won't commit to actually telling a lesbian love story out of fear of alienating some other segment of the audience. It's all so calculating.
>>
>>2206812
I do feel like this about some shows too actually.
>>
>>2206776
>insincere and exploitative
Exploitative is a bit much for Izetta, but as >>2206778 mentioned, it is insincere. It's not important whether or not the characters are explicitly het, but in either case, the point remains that the characters are not gay.

Because I considered Homura's love for Madoka outright explicit without Rebellion.

>>2206778
>You don't need to be very smart to notice the pattern.
I don't mean smart as in "intelligent", I mean as in "cognizant". Maybe "aware" would have been a better word to use since we're arguing semantics.

>Negative, then?
Sure, but then again, I don't see pussyfooting around with romance is a good thing, regardless of whether it's yuri or het.

>Isn't that how fiction in general attracts an audience?
The point is that Fine and Izetta are made to look like lesbians, but they're not actually lesbians. Yes, this particular show is a war drama rather than a romance, but the whole point of the romantic subtext is to draw in yuri fans rather than uphold a major narrative point. If the subtext was cut out, the only real difference is that Izetta would look more dignified and less cute.
>>
>>2206838
I'm not watching Izetta, so I don't have any opinions any way.

Her love was explicit, it's the driving force of the entire fucking plot, but whether it was romantic was up for debate. Personally, until Rebellion even I wavered in my interpretations of it.
>>
>>2206838
I think Homura's love is romantic and Rebellion left that clear, but I doubt she feels sexual desire towards Madoka. It was subtext in the anime though.
>>
>>2206850
I admit Homura is a weird case because the romance is certainly downplayed, but it serves as a contrast to most other yuri where subtext can be dismissed as "only platonic", while Homura's devotion goes so far beyond that that it's nearly in a league of its own.
>>
>>2206853
Isn't romance inherently sexual? Otherwise it's platonic.
>>
>>2206862
Yes. Anon is just being a Special Snowflake.
>>
>>2206862
Homura's feelings go way too far to be friendly, but she never showed sexual attraction. It could be the fact she's 14, or that she's too innocent in that regard.
>>
>>2206862
Platonic is friendship and familial bonds.
Sexuality is the desire to copulate.
Romance is the desire for a life partner. Sexuality may be an element of this, but it's by no means inherent.
>>
Baiting for me is Hibike, Cross ange and Love Lab that main characters end up with male interests (WTF).
Izetta, new game, others are subtext and whole lot better than queerbaiting.
>>
>>2206862
No, it's not. You can romantically love someone without desiring sex with them. If romance was inherently sexual and vice versa, people would be in love with one night stands and prostitutes without fail, and we all know that's not the case.
>>
>>2206876
Nobody said it was visa versa.
>>
>>2206867
Generally I'd be leaning more towards the 14 angle, but I think it's less that she's innocent and more that she's broken and willing to be all things and anything to Madoka.

>>2206872
>>2206876
But when we talk about fictional characters being in romantic love versus platonic, we don't actually expect them to spend the rest of their lives holding hands.
>>
>>2197316
Nah
>>
>>2197316
>Bringing a girl from a het series
>Expecting some yuri
Typical cancer BS.
>>
>>2207016
Doesn't that series have canon lesbian shenanigans, but end het?
>>
>>2206879
>we don't actually expect them to spend the rest of their lives holding hands
A lot of it, particularly in anime, is explained away by "adolescence"; that it's just a phase and they'll grow out of it.
>>
>>2206534
Yuribait is when a series literally baits you with the implication of yuri in promos or whatever but then just gives the girls' male love interests.

Subtext, even strong, razor's edge subtext is not yurbait.

Lurk more.
>>
File: 1474324449021.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1474324449021.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
Yuribait is the shoujo-ai of the 2010s.
>>
>>2206874
>Cross ange and Love Lab

Have always been promoted as hetero (the MCs at least)
>>
>>2206510
some translation:
K; When I open the door, a giant dragon was there!
T:No that way, i'm demon, also a maid
T: Wait, not that type of demon
K:She gonna eat me!
T: I'm telling I am a maid!
T: My name is Tooru,i'm not only a dragon, also cup d
K: I'm lost
T: Maid?
K: Dragon?
K & T: Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon
T: Cute, isn't?
>>
>>2207180
High quality translation there.
ps. Please please PLEASE learn to spoiler your shit in the other threads.
>>
>>2206874
>Hibike
Does Kumiko date a guy? Or showing romantic interest to a guy at all? No?
Then it's definitely not a bait. Stop saying it is.
>>
>>2207210
She will eventually like in the novel.
And ReinaxTurkey bullshit are already started.
>>
>>2207210
Yes and yes. Eventually.
It is definitely bait.
>>
>>2206510
>would be great if it had male protagonist as main character

My own fault for reading YT comments.
>>
>>2207389
Yeah, youtube comments are worse than ass cancer.
>>
>>2207210
Oh poor little child, you don't know the heartbreak that awaits you.
>>
>>2207389
>can't even find that comment

How hard are you looking for these kind of comments?
>>
>>2207228
>>2207237
>>2207400
I know full well about the novel. It won't happen in the anime, we'll get an open ending.
>>
>>2207583
There is always the chance of KyoAni doing a movie.
>>
>>2207583

We have an executive from KyoAni in here folks.
>>
>>2207583
I would like to know how you can be so sure of that. I mean, theres definitely hints as to where the anime is heading if it gets another season and its not towards an open ending and seeing how popular the anime is, its not out of the realms of possibility that it gets renewed for a 3rd season.
>>
File: 1436812787266.jpg (103KB, 907x718px) Image search: [Google]
1436812787266.jpg
103KB, 907x718px
>>2207088
So it's a term the west made up and that doesn't describe anything yuri related?
>>
So we have Kobayashi-san and Little Witch Academia.

I looked up Demi-chan after being baited by the trailer, but it looks like it'd be a lot of grief.

Pretty light season compared to this one.
>>
>>2208058
Demi-chan is a harem setup without the usual harem MC. The girls are friendly but I don't think you'd even cal it subtext.
>>
>>2208099
But there is a male MC, isn't there?
>>
>>2208099
>Demi-chan is a harem setup without the usual harem MC.
Wait, I'm confused. How the hell does this work?
How can you make orange juice without oranges?
>>
>>2208099
I don't care how highfalutin the harem is. If it involves a large group of girls all fawning over the same dude, my experience is ruined. It turns into a tragedy.
>>
>>2208188
Dunno why harem anime is so popular in Japan. 98% of them are the same fucking drivel.
>>
>>2208255
Implying that 98% of television in America isn't the same drivel. Hey, let's make a hundred procedural crime dramas that are all NCIS! Or how about a hundred hospital dramas that are all ER!?

Following existing formulas that have proven successful is less risky than being original. Look what happens when we get an original anime that flops.
>>
>>2208255
And the vast majority of those harems flop, if I recall. That should've given the people greenlighting them a sign but they do like tripping on the same stone, apparently.
>>
>>2208279
I guess they all think they're going to make the next Bakemonogatari, SAO, or Re:Zero?
>>
>>2208283
Pretty much. One studio makes about a dozen of them per year hoping that some will be hits.
>>
>>2208283
Guess that is like WoW and the MMORPG. Everyone tried to do the WoW-killer. And most of them failed horribly, but they keep doing another and another until the entire genre popularity faded.

Now if the popularity of harem will fade into oblivion, that would be nice.
>>
>>2208322
>WoW-killer, Halo-killer, CoD-Killer, etc.
Same principal, yes. A popular thing will always have imitators.
>>
>>2208279
In the end they probably do make money somehow.
>>
>>2208354
Those harem anime get their profits from other source.

Obvious one is of course the original LN if they're an adaptation. Other than that there's also figures, dakimuras, posters, those plastic card sleeves for TCGs, keychains, etc. So even if the BDs sold like shit, it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>2196115
>>2205980
My gaydar detects Yuri, So It works with me
>>
File: 6Ki0vGsT9z.gif (633KB, 480x269px) Image search: [Google]
6Ki0vGsT9z.gif
633KB, 480x269px
>>2205976
Trigger almost always delivers
>>
>>2209399
A 50% failure rate is rather high.
>>
>>2209399
Half the time it works always the time.
>>
>>2209426
Still kinda salty about Luluco.
>>
File: 1481440691535.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1481440691535.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>will have confirmed yuri along side non-yuri content
Kuzu no Honkai

>will have mild yuri content
Maid Dragon
Little Witch Academia

>will probably have at least one yuri-eqsue fanservice scene/pairing if you turn your goggles to max
Idol Jihen
Urara Meirochou
Long Riders 2.0
BanG Dream!
Gabriel Dropout
Schoolgirl Strikers
Nyanko Days
>>
>>2209477
What show is that pic?
>>
Next season looks reasonably promising. It's Spring that I'm worried about; only about half announced by now, of course, but what there is so far is absolutely barren.
>>
>>2209477
>will have confirmed yuri along side non-yuri content
>Kuzu no Honkai

There must be something wrong with your judgement. If anyone wants yuri sex then yes it might deliver, but the rest of the show is an edge fest and all het.
>>
>>2209477
Kuzu no Honkai has canon yuri that ultimately loses to het.
Maid dragon has canon lesbian lusting for MC.
>>
>>2209585
>Kuzu no Honkai has canon yuri that ultimately loses to het.
Yikes
>>
>>2209585
Why is this still allowed to happen?
>>
>>2209585
Does the lesbian girlwho does it with femMC falls for a guy or she remains alone forever kind of deal?
>>
>>2209621
>loses to het.
That is what happens.
>>
>>2209621
No, that don't happend
that was a typical paranoid for other oster
>>
>>2209638
>>2209639
So who is right here?
>>
>>2209640
The fact that one of them is mugs should tell you which side to believe.
>>
>Kuzu no Honkai
>MC has lesbian sex
>ends het
>NTR
>heroine has het sex
>ends yuri
>>
>>2209639
I seriously doubt you would even understand the actual story it unless it was translated into the language of whatever banana republic you live in.
>>
>>2209655
Is true, but you don't read so nothing you know
after Eechan arc, the history continued with the female teacher and doesn't over yet
>>2209672
you're 100% wrong
>>
>>2197772
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHrcL-YZGmg
>>
>>2204938
>Cinderella Girl
Oh no, not the producer who never interacts romantically with anyone and is mostly there and definitely not harem MC.
>>
>>2205191
It's because you're getting old.
>>
>>2205976
>It will almost certainly be the most yuri show next season
Don't jinx it.
We should not fire any canons too early.
>>
>>2206874
CA shows the guy right in the OP.
And adds a proper lesbian couple nevertheless.
>>
>>2207389
It's not like about three-fourth of all non-SoL animu have male MCs.
No, we definitely need more.
Seriously, those morons have millions of harems to watch, with similar premises even. Monster Mususme anyone?
Leave us something.
>>
>>2208278
Well, copying great is better than inventing badly.
But unfortunatelly most copy mediocre: watchable, maybe enjoyable enough, but nothing to remember for long.
>>
>>2208322
>that would be nice
Dunno, I think it's popularity is very much tied to the popularity of girls-only SoLs.
Harem shows pretty much paved the way for Azumanga Daiohand therefore Lucky Star and Yuru Yuri.
I think we need them to be popular becacuse of the girls only (the guys are always boring) to ensure more Girls-only SoL.
>>
>>2209437
Why?
>>
>>2209713
It was het. Romantic triangle, even.
>>
>>2209621
AFAIK the lesbian remains lesbian, she simply lost the girl she fucked to a guy. I'm not particularly bitter since that girl was straight from the start. The llesbian get to play with that pussy for a while is all.
>>
>>2204938
>Cross Ange'd

You mean we will see the love interest for the MC in the OP of the first episode and get canon gay side characters who have sex and end up in a relationship?
>>
>>2209556
>It's Spring that I'm worried about; only about half announced by now, of course, but what there is so far is absolutely barren.

I predict that's when the Netsuzou Trap anime will premiere
>>
>>2209640
>>2209655
Considering Mugino is most likely going to upload some badly traced Mortal Combat goreart and spit out a retarded rant to boot at the first sight, the first sight of a man or even a Dog...then yeah I say Mugino has no credibility.
>>
>>2210184
Since I don't that since that pixiv account is not mine, you're wrong
>>
>>2209724
No salt is one thing but I simply don't see any reason to care about or watch it if there's no yuri payoff anyway. I mean I guess you could watch the first episode for some yuri action, if they even show any of it.
>>
>>2210198
Doesn't the lesbian storyline go for most the story?
>>
>>2210194
Keep denying, no-one believes you.
>>
>>2210198
I get where you're coming from, but at the same time also appreciate stories where a lesbian remains lesbian (assuming the information is correct anyway, I don't follow the manga). It's a 50/50 thing, where I'll try to watch if the thing is interesting enough.
>>
>>2210202
Yes, Ecchan is gay all the manga, at least until the last chapter I've seen, 42. The problem would be the cousin who is in love with her. I just hope he does not ruin the yuri purity of Ecchan.
>>
Today in Minor Yuri Disappointments:

>Oh, hey, that other bicycle girls show that hopefully won't be as much of a production catastrophe finally has a PV
>「運命の人だっと思った」
>Oh wow, this might be more promising than I first thought.
>Eventually realize that it was just another tab that had randomly decided to autoplay a Kuzu no Honkai PV at the same time
>>
File: 1419277978888.jpg (72KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1419277978888.jpg
72KB, 1280x720px
>>2197761
That was great fun.
Plus there's a second season called Virgin Soul soon, with a girl lead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1EL12R4VUU

And given how the previous season wasn't shy about gay subtext between men, this might be a bit /u/.

Maybe she makes out with Jeanne. She could use a hug.
>>
>>2214195
I thought it was great the six first episode, cliche stupid bullshit the six last.
Well, maybe now they get it right.
>>
>>2210822
Well I mean 'character is gay' sounds kinda fine in theory, but doesn't that sum up Midori in Tamako Market? And anons rightfully hate Tamako Market from a yuri point of view (not saying it's a bad show, just a bad yuri show). This sounds like the same thing except with added boatloads of drama, so I'm really not seeing what they appeal is unless she gets another LI or the like.
>>
>>2214195
I'm not familiar with the show, but unless Mr. Chuuni Bandages she's blushing like crazy at there is a girl, I doubt it.

Actually, with Hibike a likely wash, Izetta's ending kind of blah, and Flip Flap going into what-the-fuck territory, are there any yuri-promising "serious" shows on the horizon? There's a bunch of CGDGT and some all-girls silly action and idol shows that'll likely have some subtext, but nothing that looks like it'll have an underlying plot it takes seriously.
>>
>>2214207
I mean, there's Citrus and NTR depending on your definition of serious. Citrus at least, I don't read NTR so I dunno how much the het overpowers things there.
>>
>>2214207
>unless Mr. Chuuni Bandages she's blushing like crazy at there is a girl, I doubt it.
If I'm not mistaken, that guy is Azazeal, who is a) the world's worst demon and b) a fruity fruit that wears lipstick and nailpolish. No real chance of those two getting together, unless she's hiding a dick somewhere.
>>
>>2214207
You should never expect more than subtext in anime, unless it's explicity said that it'll be yuri.

If that bothers you, just stop watching anime for yuri already.
>>
The fuck has anything I said got to do with watching for subtext or yuri at all.
>>
I give up.

>>2214277
was to >>2214272
>>
>>2214277
I just don't see what other problem you would have with FliFla at this point.
>>
>>2214284
The actual plot as it appears now isn't living up to the strength of the more abstract and high-concept adventure-ish episodes.
>>
>>2214289
Well, that's pretty much how all anime works, so not much hope there.
>>
File: highway blossom.jpg (149KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
highway blossom.jpg
149KB, 1920x1080px
/u/ is sad
and so am I
I've finished reading something beautiful
and I got even more sad
something that I 'll never be a part of
>>
File: 1482093147110.jpg (270KB, 1127x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1482093147110.jpg
270KB, 1127x1600px
So how will Kyoani interpret scenes like these into "they're just good friends?"
>>
File: 1482093276793.jpg (262KB, 1127x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1482093276793.jpg
262KB, 1127x1600px
>>2215674
Or this...
>>
>>2215674
When have they ever taken existing material (ie. Tamako doesn't count) and made it less gay?
>>
>>2215677
Tohru tried to have sex with the MC, I don't know how they are going to play that off with just friends. We also have a girl that openly said she's a lesbian.
>>
Just now realized that if this trend of adapting Coolkyousinya's stuff continues we'll get a Furumapura anime no later than next year.
>>
>>2215681
I'm okay with this.
>>
>>2215681
Most of his stuff says Shoujo Ai but not yuri. So I am guessing subtext?
>>
File: Can of worms.jpg (73KB, 405x692px) Image search: [Google]
Can of worms.jpg
73KB, 405x692px
>>2215696
>shoujo ai
Now you've done it.

Also it's actually pretty heavy subtext.
>>
>>2215711
Kobayashi is played for a joke, but Forumapura is more serious about their feelings.
>>
>>2215677
Never. /u/ simply hates KyoAni and tries to paint them as the driving force that destroys yuri.
>>
>>2216004
Couldn't just say never could you?
>>
>>2216013
But where is the fun in that?
>>
>>2216004
Not all of /u/ are like that.
In fact I'd say the majority (including me) don't hate KyoAni, we just don't expect them to make shows with obviously yuri endings. The most you'll get is side characters that are implied to be in a relationship.

They aren't trying to destroy yuri, they just don't particularly care about it apart from as one of many ways to rope in viewers.
>>
As much as we bash kyoani we tend to forget that there was one company that literally did all it could to remove any trace of yuri and that company was gainax
>>
File: 1457712943149.jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1457712943149.jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
Just gonna strap my goggles on tight, and watch Kobayashi and Little Witch Academia.

Considering KyoAni's track record of high quality bait, /u/ should take Kobayashi with a grain of salt. Same for LWA. Just enjoy the fan art and subtext.
>>
>>2216055
>removed any trace of yuri

Have you seen Gunbuster 2?
>>
>>2215681
>Furumapura
What ever happened to that?

>>2215839
Last I remember the one that could talk finished having her gay identity crisis and the mute one looked happy being gay.
>>
>>2216086
Diebuster was more platonic. Lar'c even have a male love interest which I think she ends up with. Cutey Honey had a bit of yuri but they end up with some creepy 3 way with a guy.
>>
>>2216297
Nah, she dumped his ass whrn he tried to rape/eat Nono. The last two episodes are incredibly romantic even though they aren't main text. Far gayer than the Gunbuster girls.
>>
>>2216082
I highly doubt KyoAni removes Tooru's feelings for Kobayashi for the sake of baiting. I mean Kobayashi-san revolves around Tooru and how she is dealing with life in the human world and how she's willing to live there with the person fell in love with. If KyoAni removes that it completely kills Tooru's character motivations and it becames a different series altogether and makes the animation of that series completely pointless.
>>
I just saw the PV of Schoolgirl Strikers and it looks like it has some sort of /u/ potential. It kinda looks like a KanColle type of thing. Hopefully it lives up to the potential it has.
>>
>>2216353
I kinda feel sorry for Tooru, Kobayashi is ultimately super straight and even asexual. She will never return Tooru's feelings.
>>
>>2216371

While we obviously would never see Kobayashi going full gay for Tooru, we have clearly seen her caring for Tooru in more ways than just friendship. Kobayashi has never explicitly said that she only likes dick btw, the times she had said she is not into girls is when Tooru goes full rapist on her and thats her way of turning her down.

Oh, and when Kobayashi gets turned into a man, she's lustful for everyone, and she's specially willing to fuck Tooru, so there goes the asexuality bullshit.
>>
>>2216371
Asexuals are not straight, dumbass. Not that Kobayashi is asexual in the first face.
>>
>>2216396
So she's just like guys but too lazy to act? I don't see her going out much or at all in the manga....
>>
>>2216399
I guess you could say she's straight because thats what "normal" people are, but if we look at any of her actions, she just doesn't know what the fuck she wants. She's not an ace though.
>>
>>2216082
>Considering KyoAni's track record of high quality bait,

You mean one show?
>>
>>2216371
What? Kobayashi shows even less interest in men.
>>
>>2216402
If the fact that she's straight wasn't enough they being different species should mean that there is no Yuri involved. Also Tooru's father doesn't approve of her being in love with a human girl.
>>
>>2216634
It is like you did not even read the manga.
>>
>>2216656
Okay answer me this:

>did or did not Kobayashi returned her feelings?
>did or did not Tooru's father disapprove of Tooru's relationship with Kobayashi?
>>
>>2216658
What that has to to with her being straight? But to answer it: She does hold great affection towards her and a father disapproving of a relationship is a common plot point for all kind of romance stories.
>>
>>2216658
>did or did not returned
Looks like >>2216656 was basically correct with her assumption. It makes sense that you are an ESLanon who doesn't understand English well enough so the translation is incomprehensible to you. I really don't know why so many of them show up in every thread to argue their idiotic misunderstandings.
>>
>>2209549
chaos;child

>at 1m46s
>https://youtu.be/sYYXCRzr-Fw?t=1m46s

It's het though
>>
Just read some chapters of dragon meido. Even if the yuri's mainly play for laugh, Tooru's feelings for kobayashi are serious. So gonna check it. She could get her drunk if she wanted something quick but Tooru's a lady.

LWA should be fun but I don't expect much besides teasing. When is our savior Citrus supposed to come out?
>>
>>2216297
>Cutey Honey had a bit of yuri but they end up with some creepy 3 way with a guy.
???????
>>
>>2216744
Isn't Tooru some sort of mystical dragon royalty? This is like a modern day Izetta but with lesbians.
>>
Remember that airsoft series gainax animated? Well they obliterated the Yuri even turning one of the girls into a crossdressing boy. Kyoani had one original show where they pandered to both sides ultimately letting the guy win but other then that they have been pretty /u/ friendly
>>
>>2216297
Nothing of the sort happens in Re: Cutie Honey. Please go away, troll.
>>
File: The Line - Stella C3.jpg (74KB, 685x960px) Image search: [Google]
The Line - Stella C3.jpg
74KB, 685x960px
>>2216763
Stella C3-bu, and they didn't obliterate anything. They just went completely off track with the second act (with Yura becoming "evil"), but if I recall Yura still admires her blue haired senpai.
The crossdressing boy was also a crossdressing boy in the manga. Actually, I don't think the manga is any yuri, and there may even be het.

Also, Sabagebu is still the best "girls doing airsoft" series, and will most likely continue to be so forever.
>>
>trusting Kyoani

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lzf0K3JU_Kw
>>
>>2216763
eh? No, you probably misurtanding that Karila had a twin brother who crossdress
http://c3-bu.wikia.com/wiki/Karila_Hatsuse
>>
>>2216772
That is faithful to the source material.
>>
>>2216767
Pretty sure there was no het in the manga either (you can find it on Dynasty to check for yourself). The anime mainly added a lot of weird supernatural elements and lingered on the angst a bit too much for everyone's tastes.

>>2216765
I believe they're talking about the original Cutie Honey manga which involved all of Honey's schoolmates, including her would be girlfriend, die horrendous deaths, before a rather unneccessary scene with the male comic relief. Rest assure, Re: is still its gayest interpretation.
>>
>>2216772
Its your own fault for expecting yuri from Hibikek. The source material is het, so people expecting something different are just delusional.
>>
>>2216801
The source material for that Dragon shit is her as well yet here we are again circlejerking on it.
>>
>>2217312
>Kobayashi's het
You think people would go on the net and tell lies?
>>
File: e9d.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
e9d.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>2217312
>>
Anyone esle finds Kobayashi strangely attractive?
>>
>>2196115
LWA HYYYYYYPE!
>>
Personally I'm hoping Idol Jihen to have some /u/. I mean, MAPPA LITERALLY just made an undeniably canon gay couple on a non-yaoi anime this season.
I'm not saying it will, just saying I'm keeping an eye on this.
Thread posts: 305
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.