[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best yuri anime that you know, /u/?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: 1311024136170.jpg (87KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1311024136170.jpg
87KB, 1280x720px
What are the best yuri anime that you know, /u/?
>>
File: i_am_with_u_by_ms_verisa-d4t5nyt.jpg (206KB, 778x1027px) Image search: [Google]
i_am_with_u_by_ms_verisa-d4t5nyt.jpg
206KB, 778x1027px
it depends on what you like i guess
Choosing my favourite is hard but i guess i'll go with strawberry panic it was my first yuri.
Explicit yuri, the story foccus on their feelings, multiple ships, shizuma is an awsome senpai, the story is good and the character development is nice.
>>
>>2182849
SHIZUMA IS BITCH
>>
>>2183615
Angry tamaofag detected.
>>
>>2183615

Fuck outta here, Shizuma is the yuri OG.
>>
the best... I'm not sure, but if it's one of the best, I can list some, for example: candy boy, blue drop, strawberry panic...
>>
>>
>>2182849
Citrus, Netsuzou Trap.
>>
>>2190162
>>2190163
hello is this the shitposting thread
>>
>>2190162
Anime diverged from the source material and created a yuri subplot
>>
>>2190175
Whats wrong with that?
>>
>>2190193
Nothing, just saying man
>>
>>2182849
KnM, Akuma no Riddle and Valkyrie Drive.

I never liked Strawberry Panic on the other hand. Shizuma's personality was disturbing to me
>>
KnM
>>
File: Simoun.full.6272.jpg (381KB, 1280x1299px) Image search: [Google]
Simoun.full.6272.jpg
381KB, 1280x1299px
>>
>>2190245
This

Also, I like citrus
>>
I'm a big fan of El Cazador de la Bruja.
>>
as i said before it depends on what you like another one really good is pmmm but it isnt yuri YURI, its more of a subtext.
kannazuki no miko was great in my opinion because they did a good job on character development and on their feelings
if you like something more cute maybe sakura trick but again it depends on what you like
>>
It used to be a toss up between MariMite and Simoun for me. I used to love MariMite so much but now that I think of it I think it's actually not yuri enough by today's standards. Not to create a flamebait but personally I can totally see all the girls in it being straight or getting married to a random guy later in their life. But if you compare it to a more recent but similar story like Flowers the latter involves indisputable actual lesbians. If you want yuri bonding/subtext, that has already exploded in popularity and is all over the place it kinda makes MariMite seem too mellow.

So it's gotta be Simoun.
>>
>>2190307

Simoun is not even pure yuri because it sort of cheated with the "born all females" thing. A shame because it's probably my favorite anime.

>>2190252
I can't decide between Nadie/Ellis or Kirika/Mireille. Bee-train girls are the best.
>>
>>2190311
Simoun is just SF on top of yuri and contains more themes than one. But for me at least the main relationship is yuri without a doubt. The fact that they chose to remain being being shoujos shows just that.
>>
>>2190311
>Simoun is not even pure yuri because it sort of cheated with the "born all females" thing. A shame because it's probably my favorite anime.

I get where you're coming from but despite the setting it had a healthy amount of male secondary characters, several het romances, and a built-in plot device for turning yuri relationships straight. Despite all that, the most important relationships in the story (the Neviril/Aaeru/Paraietta love triangle, Dominura/Limone, Mamiina/Rodoreamon) were all yuri and stayed yuri.
>>
>>2190341
And textually all stayed children/adolescents, which I’ve always struggled with, despite how much I enjoyed the rest of the show. Problematic faves, I suppose.
>>
>>2190350
I've seen some people arguing that the whole metaphor is about inevitably "growing out of it", Class S-style, but I always felt that the main plot was aiming in the other direction. I think it's significant that the main characters are the ones who reject the whole system. Actually, the ending of YKA kind of reminded me of Simoun.
>>
I'm glad people are talking about Simoun. It doesn't get the love it deserves.
>>
>>2190350
Simoun seems to be saying that it isn't possible to properly enter that world as one half of an adult lesbian couple. Then again, it's also saying that the world is a sexist and classist hellhole that will soon suffer another war, and that the girls who managed to emerald ri maajon their asses out of there are the only truly happy ones. If you want to present it in political terms, it's advocating lesbian separatism rather than integration.
>>
>>2182849
>another rec thread

Why bother having a sticky?
>>
File: AnuGura-02.jpg (69KB, 429x613px) Image search: [Google]
AnuGura-02.jpg
69KB, 429x613px
>>2190368
Not to mention there's Anubituf and Guragief as an adult same-sex couple. Still, it would have been nice to have an adult lesbian couple too.

(New anon chiming in that Simoun is my favourite yuri as well.)
>>
>>2190462
Didn't the twin sisters stick together for adult incest yuri?
>>
>>2190463
There's no indication they're in a relationship.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.