[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 8

File: 1477340225941.png (2MB, 1440x2041px) Image search: [Google]
1477340225941.png
2MB, 1440x2041px
Is this worth /u/?
>>
>>2172757
I'd say it's worth at least a glance.
I enjoy reading it, personally.
>>
>>2172757
If you can accept the 'hidden dragon' that Kobayashi will grow.
>>
>>2172757
It's good, but the focus is on comedy, not romance. There have also been some plot points that weren't popular with /u/, like the main character getting gender-bent for a chapter. But it's kind of hypocritical when the same thing happens to male MC ToLoveRu, for example.
>>
>>2172766
I'm sure almost no one watched that for het purity, so to speak.
>>
>>2172766
>thinking the board cares about generic space harem
Can't be hypocritical if we don't care about it.
>>
>>2172769
Well, this isn't your typical "pure love" yuri story. Tooru isn't above slipping love potion into Kobayashi's food.
If you go into it expecting to see mutual love, you'll be disappointing.
>>
Futa shit
>>
>>2172775
The closest to mutual is the lolis
>>
>>2172757
Would've been better asking in the general thread
>>
>>2172806
Better have some anon make a thread before it's done by that annoying egomaniacal tripfag who thinks he's the god of /u/ or something.
>>
I think comedy is the strong point of the manga. I don't really care much about the yuri.
Yuri is nice just because we don't get a generic male MC as protagonist, though.

But the loli couple is cute...
>>
>>2173013
Enjoy your generic shemale MC as protagonist then.
>>
>>2173023
You're being pretty unfair. It happened only during 1 chapter and Tooru loves Kobayashi in any way she is.
>>
>>2173042
It's fine if you like that sort of thing. But it isn't yuri.
>>
>>2173045
>implying there's a concrete definition of yuri
>>
>>2173072
There is though. Lesbians that are made out of females.
>>
>>2172765
>>2172776
>>2172766
>>2172776
>>2173023
The MC is a tranny?
>>
>>2173077
No from what I can gather it's like this
>Dragon maid wants to get with her
>gets confused about human gender and social/romance etiquette cause that's always fun
>does something that temporarily turns her li or herself into a futa or some such
>gets told off and futa-ness goes away the very same chapter
>Puritans are like Canadians in that if you even saw an indication of loli/futa you're a pedophile in the eyes of the law/doesn't belong here in spite of it being 2d/never seen again

This is approaching octave levels of bitching tho. Entire thread should be deleted
>>
>>2173073
You mean that's your definition. Japan sure as hell doesn't think so.
>>
>>2173079
>muh 2d
>canucks
>puritan
gb2 cuckdit

>>2173082
>caring about what some deranged escapist gooks think
>>
>>2173082
It's a well established fact that Japan has shit taste despite making so much good stuff, so I don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>2173079
Also wrong.
A dragongirl introduced in Vol.3 hates humans, and hates that Kobayashi and Tooru have a good relationship.
She thinks that Kobayashi is just after Tooru for her body and to prove it she gives Kobayashi a dick, thinking that Kobayashi will give into her base desires. It doesn't work.

It got blown out of proportion, but it wasn't close to the biggest blowup on /u/.
>>
>>2173079
You're conveniently ignoring the fact that said dragon maid got extra horny compared to the usual just because MC grew a dick.
>>
Just read the first 4 chapters, all i can say is that i don't really have any interest in continuing reading it, but i still have ask you people something

Am i right to assume that this is a comedy manga that uses a yuri crush as one of it's primary sources of humor and nothing more than that?
>>
>>2173119
Yes.
>>
>>2173119
(((humor)))
>>
>>2173121
Alright, thanks

>>2173136
I didn't find it funny either, but regardless, it's pretty similar to how harem/shonen series have perverted lesbian characters played up for comedy

Which brings me to my next point, what exactly were you guys expecting? From 4 chapters i could already tell the type of yuri it was going to be
>>
>>2173137
>what exactly were you guys expecting?
Anything? Something refreshing? You make it sound as if we get original stuff frequently. And that we're one person
>>
>>2173139
I'm talking about the whole gender-bender thing

A lot of people were butthurt that the author "didn't take yuri seriously" or something like that, but to me it's pretty clear that he' not even a yuri author to begin with and that this manga is not going in that direction either
>>
>>2173137
>what exactly were you guys expecting?
A break from angsty schoolgirls? A monstergirl series without a dumbass male harem lead? A Cool Kyoushinsha manga?
>>
>>2173143
>Yuri is all about imagining and delusion
>>
mfw, anti-kyoani are butthurt that they are forcing a old discution
top lel
>>
>>2173176
You're misunderstanding my question, i'm saying that the manga gives you a pretty good idea of how the yuri is going to be from the first few chapters (perverted lesbian with an obsessive crush), the type of yuri you see in harem/shonen series, i'm just saying that people shouldn't've been so upset with a gender-bender chapter when it should've been clear that it was not a "serious" yuri manga

>>2173186
I hope you're not implying that that is what i was saying
>>
>>2173077
No. It is a gag for one chapter.
>>
>>>/d/
>>
>>2173188
We don't need your pathetic opinion, idiot. This isn't your thread.
>>
>>2173270
Mugino is right for once.
>>
>>2173100
This, plus Kobayashi said "but I'm a girl" when Iruru proposed and that her virginity wasn't going to Tooru. I gave up on anything happening with her now that the anime is announced since mangaka love their status quo. Years from now when he gets bored of making money something might actually happen. Maybe Kanna will get more /u/ but since Cool only loves titmonsters I wouldn't be surprised if she gets written out somehow.

>>2173225
Are you seriously implying that comedy can't have "serious" yuri or that you predicted dicks in this manga? There are plenty of non-/u/ authors who delivered before so it isn't unusual for people to get their hopes up especially since this one is doing multiple /u/ stories now. I'm not just mad at the gender-bender because it happened but because in a few chapters the author unmade Tooru as a lesbian. Not liking dicks in yuri is nothing new.
>>
>>2172757
The MC is like those boring men from various het harem shows. She looks and acts like one maybe because the author lacks skill in writing a female or he just said "fuck it" and made a boring as fuck male MC with a ponytail so it'll be yuri instead. The artist probably made her hair pink instead of usual brown or black just to spice things up.

Its ok tho. Just ok. Watch it for those two dragons in the OP picture.
>>
This is like the worst "yuri" manga to adapt. Why pick this
>>
>>2173322
ask japan
>>
>>2173322
Why is it the worst?
>>
>>2173293
The author uses "perverted lesbian with a crush" for comedy, which is probably the most common way of having yuri elements in non-yuri series like shonen or harem series, for me if an author writes this type of yuri then i won't expect much from him

I didn't predict dicks (i already knew about it before reading it), but considering the tone of the first few chapters, it shouldn't've been such a big "blowup" or whatever. I doubt that he even thinks "Tooru is a lesbian" or "this is a yuri manga", it's just something he uses for comedy and ecchi
>>
>KyoAni is going to adapt a yuri comedy manga
>/u/ keeps talking about dicks
>>
say, in japan what is the manga trying to sell as in the first place?

comedy manga? comedy yuri manga? comedy manga with yuri?
>>
>>2173331
Boobs.
>>
>>2173331
comedy manga with breasts
>>
>>2173331
>comedy manga with yuri?

Pretty much that.
>>
>>2173331
Comedy manga that uses yuri as comedy.
>>
>>2173342
Don't phrase that like that's the only thing the yuri is there for. If you actually bother to read more than two pages, you'd see there's some actual development outside of the comedy elements. Yuri is used for both comedy and story just like how the dragon elements is used both for story and giving everyone boobs.
>>
>>2173331
Comedy manga with a female that happens to like another female. There's no romance and the fact that both as female isn't even important, it's just a random choice by the author to make it different.

Not a good yuri manga (not even a yuri manga at all), but a good comedy manga.
>>
>>2172775
Yuck
>>
>>2173320
This. I wish there would be something, anything to make the MC like a real character, but apparently that's not in the author's vision.
>>
>>2173072
There is a concrete definition:
>yuri
>definition: a stage in adolescence.
It's simply adolescence, anon.
>>
>>2173331
Futa
>>
>>2173359
There is no Futa in the manga.
>>
>>2173359
That makes about as much sense as calling Sasameki Koto a trap manga.
>>
>>2173331
>japanese """"""""""comedy""""""""""
>>
>>2173360
>
>>
>>2173331
It is a Cool manga so the main appeal will always be the breasts, anything else is secondary.
>>
>>2173320
The way I see it is he took the usual perverted gag manga premise but the spice he added was flipping the male into a female. Which is probably what drew Kyoani - they like to primarily animate females.
>>
>>2173459
>flipping generic male MC into a female as spice
>doing a lazy af job on it
Thats not a good thing. Then again, his art also reeks lazy job.
>>
>>2173289
>Tripfag has a follower
The fucking state of /u/.
>>
File: kobayashisan5.png (197KB, 710x419px) Image search: [Google]
kobayashisan5.png
197KB, 710x419px
>>2173459
I'm pretty sure people don't start off manga thinking along the lines of "better make this about girls so KyoAni will pick it up four years later".
According to the vol.1 afterword, the editor originally wanted Cool to do a boygirl romance thing, and he responded with a manga about gay dragons.
>>
File: 11.png (923KB, 1127x1600px) Image search: [Google]
11.png
923KB, 1127x1600px
I hope KyoAni adds more loli focus
>>
File: 1476838177626.jpg (301KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1476838177626.jpg
301KB, 1280x720px
>>2173188
Thank God it was made by a friendly anon and not by a cancerous prick like you.
>>
File: 1477164210827.jpg (809KB, 2232x1462px) Image search: [Google]
1477164210827.jpg
809KB, 2232x1462px
>>2173188
>Being this triggered because he didn't OP this thread.
>>
>>2173706
>/u/ bathing on the retarded namefag's tears.
Feels good sis.
>>
If kyoani could mess this up how would they do it? My money is on them turning Kobayashi into a guy for the duration of the series
>>
>>2173782
>sis
>it's a neckbeard on /u/ roleplays as a grill episode
>>
>>2173797
You should probably stop wasting your money.
>>
>>2173797
KyoAni would never do that.
>>
>>2173706
eeeh? No?
>>2173782
not bait, is serious
>>2173615
my time will come
>>2173289
thanks Anee
>>
>>2173851
Hey, some of us straight while christian men here do shave, actually! At least if we talk faces and said necks that is. Pubic hair did nothing wrong.
>>
>>2178942
Noone cares.
>>
>this looks like a troll thread from OP
>read ten posts
>yup

This board has been here for over ten years now and you are still as new as fuck.
>>
>>2178942
Quit being this butthurt, fatty.
>>
>>2179032
Eh, I'm actually more on the opposite side with bmi, too scrawny, but that's not really achievement in Europe. But I'm poor, unsuccessful, disillusioned and unappealing loser anyway, so all is fine.
>>
I like that scene where Kobayashi stand up against Tooru father. Very rare to see woman stand up like that.

Kobayashi is just a normal person anyway.
>>
>>2173593
>she actually wanted to eat her in a non-sexual sense
>>
File: kobayashisan6.png (81KB, 439x328px) Image search: [Google]
kobayashisan6.png
81KB, 439x328px
>>2182835
Sure...
>>
>>2173593
I pray they won't remove it, if they can add more yuri in shows like Chunni2 and Hibike, then for sure they shouldn't censor the loli yuri moments in this title which are pretty prominent, especially that bed scene.
>>
>>2182841
>I wanted to eat her
How does that disprove it, exactly?
>>
Fascinating! No interest on the obvious main point of this thing; that a bog standard monster girlfriend harem has been shifted by making the MC an asexual female programming nerd/ otaku.
Just WAUGH that the author tossed in "and then I woke up a dude" for one chapter. Meanwhile, author is building the harem into a family, which is obviously a larger point being hammered about harem comedy genres.
>>
>>2183919
>the yuri board is more interested in discussing the yuri elements of a series than discussing its harem elements
No shit. If you want to discuss Kobayashi-san's take on the harem genre in general I would suggest going to a board that cares about the harem genre in the first place.
>>
>>2183927
Yeah, you stifle that discussion. Talk about boobs or something something something male gaze bad.
>>
>>2183927
I don't really how it's a harem in any case. Tooru is the only one that really wants to get with Kobayashi.

My main gripe with the manga is the status quo is immovable, it doesn't seem at all feasible that their relationship will go anywhere, at least until the very end and perhaps not even them. And that's a situation that is depressingly common. I'll continue to follow the manga but I don't have much of a hope for it.
>>
File: 10.png (195KB, 976x606px) Image search: [Google]
10.png
195KB, 976x606px
>>2188087
Tooru, Elma, and Iruru are Kobayashi's harem.
Just because the other two aren't harassing Kobayashi every chance they get doesn't make it less the case.
>>
File: 24.png (355KB, 725x727px) Image search: [Google]
24.png
355KB, 725x727px
>>2188099
>>
This manga is good people need to stop being gay about it
>>
>>2184193
TBQH fampai as much as he loves tits Cool doesn't really draw them all that well.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.