[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this Kannazuki no Miko done wrong?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

Is this Kannazuki no Miko done wrong?
>>
>>2154326
Well, it is yuri baiting so yeah.
>>
>>2154336
It was terrible even if you didn't give the baiting any consideration.
>>
File: 1475383283071.jpg (742KB, 1200x910px) Image search: [Google]
1475383283071.jpg
742KB, 1200x910px
>>2154357
At least the side female characters are a couple?
And no I didn't keep up with the series. It was that forgettable to me
>>
The game was actually pretty good.
>>
>>2154336
>yuri baiting
Yeah, so much baiting with Ange having a male love interest presented in the fucking OP. Not to mention every lesbian characters were converted in the end.

/u/ is completely retarded with this series. It has more lesbians and explicit yuri than any other anime released these last years, and yet it'll continue to shit on it because Ange is bi and "muh episode 11".
>>
>>2154503
>/u/ is completely retarded with this series. It has more lesbians and explicit yuri than any other anime released these last years, and yet it'll continue to shit on it because Ange is bi and "muh episode 11".
This, Cross Ange in overall is better yuri anime than Utena anime ever will be.
>>
>>2154388
They had pretty gay characters around, like Chris and Rosalie, Hilda, Sala, Naga, Kaname. Maybe even Vivian x Ersha, if you tune up your goggles enough.

Also Zola, but nobody cares.

Still doesn't save the anime for being a total trainwreck.
If the series had Ange have a female interest instead of shitty Tusk... it'd still be an unwatchable trainwreck.
>>
>>2154532
>unwatchable trainwreck
I'm pretty sure the term 'trainwreck' means you can't do anything but watch it. I mean, yeah, it was still pretty terrible, but more ofthen than not hilariously so. Especially while it was airing.
>>
>>2154336
how is this """yuri baiting"""" when there are two canon lesbian couple?
>>
>>2154556
Anon just invested in the wrong character and is still sour about it.
>>
More like wasted potential ;_;
>>
>>2154537
>>2154532
I though trainwreck means "utter disaster, nothing good, unsavable", which would disqualify CA and it's sillyness or not being bad enough.
>>
>>2154532
Agreed. Hilda would be a good love interest to ange than tusk. He came out of nowhere.
>>
>>2154658
salad/salamander/shekelowitzberg is better than hilda
>>
>>2154532
>Also Zola, but nobody cares.
I care ;_;
>>
It's Soukou no Strain mixed with good ost, disaster of a production, expensive seiyuu, the bad kind of predictable story and fukuda. Nothing good ever happen with fukuda around.

This show soo did not deserve its place in SRW.
>>
>>2154672
this is what happens when sunrise got too many shekels to spend
>>
>>2154629
It was salvageable and recommendable of the merits of it's stupidity...until Embryo. Then the series just shits its pants and dies.
>>
>>2154629
It's supposed to mean something where the enjoyment is in the fascination of its unfolding disaster

But these days it's pretty meaningless, with most of the time it gets used being for above average shows
>>
>>2154681
I'm not sure who is worse: Embryo or Tusk
>>
>>2154698
You mean below average.
>>
>>2154700
No, I know what I mean. The amount of attention a show is getting is a big factor in attracting the sort of people who are quick to label things "train wreck" and below average shows mostly just don't get attention.
>>
File: crossange threesome.jpg (522KB, 1440x1787px) Image search: [Google]
crossange threesome.jpg
522KB, 1440x1787px
The initial setup of the show wasn't bad. The setting of a women's prison where violence, bullying, rape and lesbianism run rampant was fun in a trashy, exploitation movie kind of way. The concept of our heroes being inmates who are forced to fight monsters for the sake of the elite was good. If they had just stuck with that and had Ange's brother be the main bad guy, it could have actually been a good show.
But they just had to do the Shyamalanesque twist of dragons being people and then go to a goddamn alternate Earth and then Embryo was the icing on the shit cake. Just what the fuck was everything. Also, Tusk is literally the worst male love interest ever. Never mind the fact that this is /u/ so his existence obviously goes against our interests, the whole "I get my face on your crotch by accident every time we meet" thing is just the most obnoxious gimmick ever.
>>
>>2154703
I see. So you mean above /below average in popularity instead of show quality.
>>
>>2154710
I like dragon girls ;_;
But Embryo was a shitty villain and he is more incompetent than Voldemort
>>
>>2154712
No, I don't. But part of what's behind what I'm saying is that a show that's 8/10 for attention and 6/10 for quality is a prime candidate for hearing about as a "trainwreck" while the 4/10 for quality shows are usually 1/10 for attention and that's probably their various niche audiences anyway.
>>
>>2154712
I think anon was refering to the kind of "heavily hyped stuffs that don't live up to the expectations and end up being OK rather than world-shatteringly good" being described as a trainwreck.
>>
>>2154729
Then I guess we don't agree after all. Shows that no one watches will not have any kind of buzzwords thrown at them simply because no one watched them, so their quality cannot be ascertained. From what I observed, popularity equal more buzzwords. Quality is irrelevant.
>>
>>2154737
It sounds more like you still just don't understand my point.
>>
>>2154699
Embryo for sure. Tusk sucks, but at least he doesn't tank any sense of stakes or dramatic tension in the series. The amount of power and control Embryo has over the world renders him completely non-threatening because if he possessed any real threat, the hero would stand no chance.
>>
>>2154743
No, I get it. Shows that don't live up to expectations, are more likely to get shit on. Even though the show in question may not warranted that much expectation in the first place. That was your point right?

I don't agree with you, but I understand your point.
>>
Isn't a show called a train wreck when it was a complete mess (messy plot, bad characters, etc), independent of its popularity?
>>
>>2154666
Me too. RIP Zola, the best alpha dyke.
>>
>>2154752
I didn't say anything about expectations, so why would you think they're important to my point?
>>
>>2154818
What, you were talking about quality of show and the amount of attention show got and that there's discrepancy between them, right?

All right, maybe expectation isn't the right word to paraphrased your point, but I can't think of better words to fit them now.
>>
File: 1431890632310.jpg (324KB, 850x1172px) Image search: [Google]
1431890632310.jpg
324KB, 850x1172px
>>2154326
here's another version
>>
>>2155472
Just realized i'm a terrible person for forgetting entirely about Momoka when creating the gay cast list here >>2154532 after looking at your image post.
>>
>Yukarin will never be with Nana again
Just end me already onee sama.
>>
>>2157649
Not keeping up with the news, eh?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w9lAXI2xvg
>>
>>2155472
>no nipples
why
>>
>>2160859
Nipples always looks bad in edits.
>>
File: slash u slash.gif (3MB, 214x198px) Image search: [Google]
slash u slash.gif
3MB, 214x198px
>>
Ange just one big piece of garbage
>>
Cross Ange was the biggest let down of my life. I was so excited about the ridiculous premise it had; It was like Game of Thrones meets Orange is the New Black meets Kill la Kill meets Gurren Laggan. The WTF factor alone was enough to keep me interested. I had such high hopes for this show....

Ange was even a great character at first, I really loved the kind of person she became after her transformation from useless princess to stone cold badass. She was really independent. A self-made millionaire and she didn't give a fuck about what anyone thought of her. Then....they gave her a really, really lame boyfriend.

I liked him at first, too. I thought he was there to subvert the trope of Knight in Shining armor because of how incapable and dense he was, but then they started making him do shit and that ruined fucking everything. By the time they gave us a kiss scene with Ange and Hilda, I was still ready to drop the show. The bait wasn't even good enough for me to keep up with it.

By the end of the series, Ange didn't even live up to the kind of character she was made out to be. She pretty much gets saved by her useless boyfriend. Nothing makes sense after Ep 4 and it just gets worse farther along.

It's a piece of fucking shit and you should drop it before it breaks your heart like it did mine.
>>
>>2161491
>before it breaks your heart like it did mine.

Stop taking anime so serious.
>>
>>2162718
Some people have literally nothing else in their lives
>>
Cross Ange has Code Geass levels of awesome and that's not everyone's cup of tea.

Also, Hilda best girl.
>>
>>2162769
You're joking about the first part right?
>>
>>2162718
>>2162739
Yuri is all I have, it stops me from depression and the lonely thought that one day I'll wash out of this world and so will everyone else.
>>
>>2154710
>Also, Tusk is literally the worst male love interest ever.
The thing I loved about Tusk the most though was that SHE CHOSE HIM. It's less about him as a character, and more about the fact that he represents her acting out her own sexual agency. Even at the end when she decided she likes both men and women he doesn't say shit. He respects her and I love that.
>>
>>2170009
That’s probably because there’s literally nothing else to like about his character
>>
>>2170011
>>That’s probably because there’s literally nothing to like about his character
Fixed.
>>
>>2161491
>Cross Ange was the biggest let down of my life.
Enviable.
>>
>>2157679
How in hell did I miss that?
Thanks you so much for brightening my day.
>>
>>2154749
>Tusk sucks, but at least he doesn't tank any sense of stakes or dramatic tension in the series.

Did you forget his death?

They literally had a vote to bring him back and then just jammed him into the next episode with no explaination.

At least Embryo was fucking hilarious. Tusk was just Raki 2.0 to me.
>>
Fukuda hates his audience. Cross Ange was basically him screaming "Fuck you!!" at his viewers.

Being a patrician and anime expert, I, of course, didn't watch it.
>>
Any nice webms? Maybe that Ange/Hilda shower scene or final kiss?
>>
>>2170549
>They literally had a vote to bring him back
What?
>>
>>2174868
twitter, afaik
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.