[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Metall/u/rgy

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 439
Thread images: 15

File: PHicvco.png (225KB, 696x798px) Image search: [Google]
PHicvco.png
225KB, 696x798px
>Fics
http://archiveofourown.org/series/354770

>Art
http://imgur.com/a/XLhFm

Previous thread: >>2134363
>>
File: S71yFvU.png (301KB, 728x892px) Image search: [Google]
S71yFvU.png
301KB, 728x892px
>What is it?
/u/ put their goggles on tight enough that they started shipping personifications of chemical elements, metals in particular. We started from the nuclear family of a Gold/Silver couple and their daughter Copper, and have been slowly expanding out. Done with a mixture involving some amounts of science and additional amounts of "this would be cute" when it comes to establishing an element or couple. The threads has recently expanded to the rest of the table and has a rough idea for most of the remaining elements but suggestions are welcome.
>>
File: metallurgy.png (166KB, 4863x793px) Image search: [Google]
metallurgy.png
166KB, 4863x793px
The now traditional table
>>
>>2149843
Misspelled Jeweler under Mithril. Interesting to see Eezo.
>>
>>2149848

Thanks, will be fixed for the next thread/next big change

Eezo is not just an astronaut but also an ace fighter pilot and Elerium's wife
>>
>>2149864
Not quite sure how she could be an ace fighter pilot all things considered but hardly matters. Only persons missing an occupation seem to be Or and Hafnium.
>>
>>2149866

Eezo is the only one capable of piloting a prototype fighter jet because of her exceptional resistance to acceleration forces

She's mainly an astronaut, though

>Only persons missing an occupation seem to be Or and Hafnium.

For now she's assisting F part time, and later on will assist NpPu
>>
>>2149915
>assisting F
Wasn't that originally Holmium because of it's use in I think fluorine lasers or something specific with Fluorine? Cause I remember a discussion about trying to figure out Holmium's eventual occupation after she got out of uni.
>>
>>2149916

Ho was set to be a bartender, and Hf a secretary, IIRC

And Hf would be Gd's friend
>>
>>2149917
Wait I remember. Hf was set to be an assistant for PuNp for when they took over for ThU. Ho being a receptionist for F was part time stuff before talk about her being so magnetic among people led to the bartender stuff where she could've also met F. So in year zero Hf doesn't really have a set one outside of possibly student. Maybe she's a receptionist at the hospital Tantalum works at currently because of the Tanta alloy.
>>
>>2149917
>And Hf would be Gd's friend
Don't you mean Ho? I mean sure Hf could also be Gd's friend, but the last mention of Gd being a friend to someone was Ho.
>>
>>2149921

Oh I see, although I'd skip the hospital receptionist thing

>>2149923

Maybe, I'm getting confused with these obscure metals
>>
>>2149924
The hospital receptionist thing was just something I threw out to explain what hf is currently doing and to possibly connect her with Tantalum since that is one of Hf's alloys. If that should be skipped, she could just be a receptionist for ThU or something. The entire thing was more to emphasis her use in nuclear reactors.

That could be. I remember last thread I was confusing Hf with Ho where Hf was Ho in my mind.
Holm's the one with who has La as a gf, is an elder sister to Thulium and kind of fought her sister over her sister's gf. Hf is so far an only child, I believe the gf or future gf of Barium and has the PuNp connection.
>>
>>2149928
But merely being a receptionist is kind of bland; I see her as an actual assistant of PuNp, rather than just a secretary

>Holm's the one with who has La as a gf, is an elder sister to Thulium and kind of fought her sister over her sister's gf. Hf is so far an only child, I believe the gf or future gf of Barium and has the PuNp connection.

Yes, that's right
>>
>>2149934
>I see her as an actual assistant of PuNp, rather than just a secretary
So maybe she's in uni currently pursuing comp sci and robotics or something? Perhaps something with metallurgy since the element lends to corrosion-resistance.
>>
>>2149938
>So maybe she's in uni currently pursuing comp sci and robotics or something?

Something like that, yes
>>
Hf is currently helping Zr as an assistant teacher.
>>
>>2150032
Right, that's right. I wonder how she deals with depressed Zr. We have anything about her gf outside of being Sr's student?
>>
>>2150504
>Barium
Not much yet. Well, she has green eyes.
>>
>>2150504
>I wonder how she deals with depressed Zr

I guess she keeps it professional

That and she felt that Nb will ferociously defend her territory

>>2150511

Hey, that's something!

Also, she'd be slightly plump
>>
>>2150517
Why slightly plump? Also we talking like depressed Zr plump or more evident?
>>
>>2150518

Because 'Barium' comes from the greek word "barys", meaning heavy

And as an aside, Pb should also be plump, since lead is typically associated with heaviness

No really evident, just slightly cute plump
>>
>>2150521
So mostly imagined. They could be top heavy if you wanted it to be a little more obvious. There's also shenanigans about how they're heavier because their bones/what muscle they do have is strangely denser than normal.
>>
>>2150525
>top heavy

Nice idea, there's only Po that's established to be well-endowed

I still like the slightly plump idea, since otherwise all the characters are slim
>>
>>2150527
Hf herself is a little more than slightly plump.
>>
File: 1381801392392.jpg (2MB, 1488x2104px) Image search: [Google]
1381801392392.jpg
2MB, 1488x2104px
>>2150528
No please. I'd settle for Hf being top heavy over being more than plump. Unless of course that translated to looking like pic related. This probably isn't the best one, I should look for better examples.
>>2150527
True, though the way I visual Ada means that she's pretty well-endowed herself. It's just not really evident because of how tall she is so they fit her frame better. I would argue a case with Gold but I'm sure she doesn't really need to have big tiddies. Maybe Platinum has slightly bigger than average.
>>
>>2150534
Why? This isn't a new idea. She's Zr's disciple, Zr is a bit chubby, and Hf (the element) is even denser than that. Zr is one half as dense as Hf.
>>
>>2150579
Nevermind about how the denseness can be retained, I realized I was being retarded. Though I'm not quite sure disciple is the right word for Hf's position.
>>
>>2150580
Hmmm, I'm not sure what the term would be. Zr is kind of her mentor, isn't she?
>>
>>2150582
True enough but they're fields are kind of radically different. Disciple fits until something better is found. Also sounds like something she has in common with Barium.
>>
I think "assistant" is good enough

[spolier]Wait who are we talking about? Ho, Hf or Ba?[/spoiler]
>>
>>2150720
This is Hf.
>>
>>2150720
Hf. Ho is just a bartender, and Ba's probably a favored student of Sr.
>>
>>2150874
Ho isn't a bartender just yet, she's currently working as a receptionist at F's.
>>
>>2150874
>just a bartender

Hey, being a bartender is very important!
>>
>>2150885
Okay Ho, I'm sure one day you'll take over one of Kr's clubs.
>>2150878
Interesting, I thought that got passed up. Well if nothing else, F could always hook her up with the job after she's done with uni and starts lightly pestering F for more hours.
>>
>>2150893
That sounds perfect. Ho is going to become a very classy bartender, like the kind at places Po goes.
>>
>>2150898
Would be funny if Ho kind of unintentionally became Kr's successor setting-wise
>>
>>2150904
She can blame that on her magnetism.
>>
>>2150907
Something like that, or she could just take over all of Kr's bars when Krypton starts getting older and prefers staying in her clubs.
>>
>>2150926
Yeah, that makes sense. Good job, Ho.
>>
>>2148770
Where do we play today?
>>
>>2150898
Speaking of classy bartenders and Po, would Kr eventually run into Po while manning one of hers?
>>
>>2150992
I wouldn't doubt it.
>>
>>2150993
Probably knows Li as well if Po and Li become regular drinking buddies. Might even give Li some advice if Li seemed despondent enough.
>>
>>2151027
It would be a cute touch if Li mostly didn't do too much drinking but enjoyed the company.
>>
>>2151029
Well if nothing else she's probably a good social drinker. Would be funny if getting drunk energizes her to the point of supposed hyper activity or maddening arousal.
>>
>>2150946

Against /sgg/, won 5-4

I don't announce these sporadic games, since their schedule is often uncertain but I'll link the VOD when it's up, the cup /alloys/ is playing in will have more heads-up It's just before the Autumn cup, btw

Funnily enough, the commentary spiralled to flonium since her writes for both metall/u/rgy and /sgg/

>>2150926

Ho and Kr are quite close in age, I could see Ho setting up her own thing with Kr's help

>>2151027

I really don't see Li hitting the bars
>>
Poor Zirconium. 100 words.
http://archiveofourown.org/works/6604894/chapters/18683714
>>
>>2151034

>Zr: "I'm getting too old for this shit"
>>
>>2151032
>Ho and Kr
They are? There's a fourteen year difference between them, but that's a good idea regardless.

>Li
You're right about that, I imagine that it would be more on the invitation of Po after their first chance meeting.
>>
>>2151039

14 years is kind of short if you want to go the successor route

I also like the idea of Ho setting up her own thing, instead of taking over what Kr had built
>>
>>2151040
Ah, makes sense. That works, and Ho gets a story arc out of it. She'll surely do well.
>>
>>2151032
>I really don't see Li hitting the bars
I see it as more of if Po and Li are at the same event and things wind down they might end up in the bar together or Po might drag her to a bar if there is none. After their first run in and realizing they kind of run into each other because of work. I definitely agree in that she wouldn't go out to one without prompting.
Flonium's a guy but eh interesting thing for them to commentate on.
>>
>>2151032
>Funnily enough, the commentary spiralled to flonium since her writes for both metall/u/rgy and /sgg/

Is he RIP?
>tfw metall/u/rgy is almost a year old
>>
>>2151113
Probably, real life gets to the best of us. Better question, what are we gonna do on the 21 for the anniversary? Outside of possibly playing civ.
>>
>>2151120
>what are we gonna do on the 21 for the anniversary
/metallurgy/ vs /metallica/ divegrass? I don't know how hard that would be to set up though.
>>
>>2151141

Setting up a stream is easy enough, having someone to commentate is harder to find

I'll see what can be set up, having a Au vs Al match is a good idea; their rivalry is one of the oldest ideas of the setting
>>
>>2151162
Well no rush or anything. I know I'm rather surprised the thread even has an anniversary to begin with.
Would be interesting if AuAg got an anniversary oneshot
>>
>>2151162
Having a stream alone would be plenty sufficient, at least.
>>
>>2151280
Even without commentary, I mean.
>>
>>2151043

I was going to object, but then I realized that I've seen Li as the serious japanese workaholic type...but japanese hard working persons do actually go to bars often after work so Po dragging Li would definitely work
>>
>>2151891
I wouldn't think it'd be that frequent. Maybe like twice a month or so. Maybe before Thal moved in it was more frequent but the blowout with K and Thal moving in pushed it on the backburner for Li.
Would be funny if Po gets a call from Li at like 9 asking if she wants to grab a drink. Ends up just picking Po up from her penthouse/apartment cause Li was already on the way to a bar. Of course this would hypothetically be after Tl got settled into Po's place and could handle herself for a few hours.
>>
>>2151907
>Tl comes to pick up Po at the bar
>Sees Li climbing at the back of her car
>"That's funny, she looks a lot like Kal"
>>
>>2151922
Funny enough, I could see Li dragging Po off to several bars when she realizes K isn't coming home.
>>
>>2152009

She'd certainly need some very strong liquor when it happened
>>
Seems like Po could potentially be listed under "Friends" in Lithium's profile, or any future documentation.
>>
>>2152232
Li unfortunately doesn't have many to begin with. At least Po and Li know how to give space
>>
>>2152268
Ganbatte, Lithium.
>>
>>2152232

Yes, I'm taking notes for the documentation I'm writing, Li is sort of limited to her family circle at the moment

>>2152270

Li has the be the most suffering character this side of Fe at the moment
>>
>>2152232
Apologies since I don't lurk here often.

I hope Aluminium and Lithium are a power couple with an overachieving eternal loli daughter due to the use of Li-Al as a lightweight high-strength alloy for rockets.

Although apparently SpaceX's mars colonisation boosters will be made from carbon fiber. But I'm sure Li-AL will still have a role in other structural components.
>>
>>2152521
Well hopefully Alkali inc or whatever is doing well despite all the recent internal troubles. Though that reminds me; would Iron, Silicon, and Al actually be CEOs or would say Fe and Al be presidents of their respective companies?

>>2152521
An interesting idea, would be rather funny if Al and Li went out for a while after K came back.
>>
>>2152521
>I hope Aluminium and Lithium are a power couple with an overachieving eternal loli daughter due to the use of Li-Al as a lightweight high-strength alloy for rockets.

Sounds more like a business thing, since Al is already sort of paired with Sc

>would Iron, Silicon, and Al actually be CEOs or would say Fe and Al be presidents of their respective companies?

Both

In french, the usual equivalent for CEO (PDG) would actually translate back to Preseident-CEO, so when I think about CEO, my mind automatically implies president as well
>>
>>2152530
>spoilers
Oh okay, yeah when I thought on it I realized Iron's too much of a workaholic for a board to be present and Al probably isn't too keen on sharing power. Alkali seems too small of a company though Li could very well be one considering how she was trying to groom K to be her heir. Silicon was the only one I'm unsure about, though considering the stuff done with the blessing of her megacorp she's probably board-less as well.
>>
>>2152533

Alkali is actually really big, but it's more zaibatsu-style, with the ruling family having all the power on it
>>
>>2152536
So nepotism reigns supreme :^)
Just seems small compared to the other companies considering they're megacorps that deal with everything while she's a more narrowed market. Either way, seems Ni and Sc being president assistants might involve more than I first thought. Same with whoever assists Si. Oh thought, what if the Alkali gynoid was a work assistant for Na cause by then she probably would've had Borax and would need the help. Could even have her making a quip to Boron about how Sodium has no idea how her mother did everything by herself.
>>
>>2152549
>Just seems small compared to the other companies considering they're megacorps that deal with everything while she's a more narrowed market.

Alkali is not just R&D, it's the biggest corporation for natural resources and runs countless mines (because it's Li's company, and "lithium" comes from "lithos"; "rock")

>Same with whoever assists Si

That's Ge both over and under the desk

>Na and Alkali

I have a plan for the Alkali resolution
>>
>>2152553
>last spoiler
Okay? I was talking about way in the future when Na's the head unless that conflicts with it in some manner.

I do feel silly for forgetting about Ge being an assistant though.
>>
>>2152573
>unless that conflicts with it in some manner.

I won't say :^)
>>
>>2152577
Oh you cheeki breeki. Though this whole discussion got me thinking about AlLi in a weird manner and I had something of an idea. What if AlLi was Eezo and Eleri's daughter through some manner? This is held together solely by the fact that Eleri and 0 are both space heavy out of the entire cast.
>>
>>2152592
Sorry, I don't see that at all IMO.
>>
>>2152611
Fair enough, I was reaching pretty hard.
>>
Anyway, recalling the earlier conversation, Li does strike me as a rather presidential type.
>>
>>2152616
In what sense?
>>
>>2152619
It just seems more formal.
>>
>>2152592

Well I like the idea of a El-0 daughter, but at thet point, we could just make a character from scratch

However, I feel like both El and 0 should stay somewhat background characters
>>
Copper is CUTE!
>>
>>2152693

We know Zn, calm down

"There she goes again" keeps thinking Fe
>>
>>2152734
"Wasn't it your idea to study together?" an exasperated Platinum asks Copper, who keeps distracting herself with thoughts of Zinc.
>>
>>2152734
>Fe
>thinking about something other than work
>>
>>2152748

Not easy when your best friend keeps on rambling about her the cute redhead who's cradle she's robbing
>>
>>2152756
Considering Fe herself is a cute redhead...
>>
>>2152798
Is this Carbon posting?
>>
>>2152940
Must've been a sleep deprived carbon posting.
>>
>>2152950
Maybe Steel should confiscate her mom's phone/laptop so she can get some rest.
>>
>>2152955
But how would Steel recognize her mother's fist on 4chan of all places? Surely there's places other than /u/ she spends time on.
>>
>>2152988
Oh, she knows her mother well enough to tell when she hasn't slept all night and shouldn't be communicating with anyone until after she takes a nap.
>>
>>2152992
I'm sure those were fun experiences, probably how she found out about her other mom. The case must be tough.
>>
>>2153002
It's going to be a relief when all that is resolved.

Terne, go give Steel a hug.
>>
>>2153002

Don't worry too much about it, for she has a...

steeled resolve
>>
>>2153259
She is good at handling tension.
>>
File: Party Zn.png (57KB, 281x392px) Image search: [Google]
Party Zn.png
57KB, 281x392px
PARTY HARD
>>
File: words.jpg (26KB, 266x360px) Image search: [Google]
words.jpg
26KB, 266x360px
>>2153350
A slightly cleaner one.
>>
File: 1450337650352.png (182KB, 617x727px) Image search: [Google]
1450337650352.png
182KB, 617x727px
The real question regarding the megacorps should be: Does Fe rule hers with an iron fist? Intentional or otherwise.
>>
Oh I forgot to link this, it's the /metallica/ vs /sgg/ match

http://www.hitbox.tv/video/1159510

Starts at 28:26

Some gems from the commentary:

"Gold is apparently doing things at home...something something Silver"

"This the AO3 link that was posted? is this going to be safe forHOOOOLY SHIEEETTTT!"
>>
>>2153366
Looking good, Zn!
>>
File: c1MZrUe.png (215KB, 707x862px) Image search: [Google]
c1MZrUe.png
215KB, 707x862px
Potassium and Thallium.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/8178238
>>
>>2153833
Goodness, way to power on through things Tl. This has me wondering though, is Thal taller than Kal?
>>
>>2153833

Nice, someday, somehow, K will learn forgiveness, and everybody will thank Primae Materia for that

And made me remember I have to finish that shortfic with K

>>2153943

Should be, K is really small
>>
>>2153945
Yes but how much taller? Like a head taller?
>>
>>2153950

More like half a head; Tl is still 16
>>
>>2153966
So 5'3~5'4? I wonder if she'll gain a few more inches before she gets done.
>>
>>2153972
>before she gets done

But Po is already taking care of that
>>
>>2153976
Ara ara.
>>
>>2153519
She has dead eyes.
>>
>>2153996
That's what self-loathing and guilt does to a person. It makes them wrought with pain until they're dead inside
>>
>>2154001

Fitting, since C is essential for the developpement of life forms
>>
>>2154001
Damn. Fe really is the "lights broken, but I still work" postergirl.

She has to be the setting's worst case scenario, with half the cast hating her and no end in sight for her suffering.
>>
>>2154015
Is it really half the cast? I figured it wasn't that big.
>>2154010
To be fair to Iron, what little C was involved helped lay the foundation for Iron's megacorp and her greatest legacy Steel
>>
>>2154035
>Is it really half the cast? I figured it wasn't that big.

Nah, that was half the cast back when the cast was like 20 characters and that the FeC was the only big happening of the setting
>>
>>2154043
True enough. Now the biggest happening is the UMo wedding and the slightly smaller one regarding the Alkali dispute. Man I'm still curious how Iron and Carbon would run into each other again.
>>
>>2154048

The Alkali dispute is a quite private affair, but it's a very big deal for the people involved

>Man I'm still curious how Iron and Carbon would run into each other again.

Well, there are many ways this could happen, but...
>>
>>2154054
It is, though I suppose any time Gold and Al have a blow out could count.
>but...
The thread should really hammer it out sometime.
>>
>>2154062

AuAl is business as usual in the city

>The thread should really hammer it out sometime.

I think the resolution has to include Zn finally stopping this enabling behaviour towards Fe
>>
>>2154099
On some fairly major level the change should also come from within herself.
>>
>>2154099
>>2154112
>Zn finally stopping this enabling behaviour towards Fe
>come from within herself
Well the things related to Zn and Fe that we have so far, are actually kind of a good basis. Zn will most assuredly put her foot down when it deals with Copper and now that it's encroaching in on her life. If we consider the vending machine incident where Iron had a mini-melt and Nickel having to offer an ultimatum could also serve as a prompting for her to do some reflection for the change within herself.

Perhaps a somewhat heated argument between Fe and Zn after she did something hazardous and Nickel had to call Zn for help. Leads to big accusations that Zinc throws and eventually says that Iron's become very cold and not similar to the friend she stood up and backed for decades. That kind of sounds like Iron's in a more disastrous downward spiral but it would hopefully be a big enough shock to Iron's system to have her beaten back into shape. Through internal critique and of course digesting all the stuff Zinc shouted at her.
>>
>>2154122

Thing I don't see Fe coming up to anything on her own, years of stress let her judgement rusty and she has many irons on the fire so she needs to be handled with a fist of iron

I also want to see Zn getting so mad (because now Cu is in the equation) she forces Fe to go see C...and actually drives her there herself
>>
>>2154137
I don't know, doesn't that lessen the impact and importance of it if it's just something she's forced to do?
>>
>>2154147

It would come to a point where Fe realises that if she doesn't comply, she would definitely lose Zn as well
>>
>>2154155
That makes sense, and could certainly manifest in some capacity no matter the outcome.
>>
>>2154137
>Thing I don't see Fe coming up to anything on her own
See now that's where I dispute a little, especially if the little meltdown gets used in it. I think the best way she'll realize that she needs to iron out her emotions is if it begins to negatively affect her megacorp. Her little ironfist moment, because it happened on a populated floor, could force her to re-evaluate if she begins to hear whispers and the like and a few fearful stares couldn't hurt.

However, I do like your idea of Zn forcing Iron's hand. If we wanted to get real soapy, we could say that the thing that causes the reunion is more serious resulting her in fainting while talking to Nickel and leads to something where she needs a blood transfusion or something. Leading to the curious information about Zinc not being a match, and also Zinc probably not being in the mood to actually help, while Nickel(not a match) probably wouldn't readily do it cause of their employee/employer relationship. Then Zinc remembers that Carbon or Steel is a match, and Iron puts up a fight about how she'd rather risk further damage to herself than request such a thing from them. Eventually leads to Zinc going behind Iron's back and asking Carbon who comes through with a little quiet reunion moment after Iron is recuperating in hospital.

Again though, what I just rattled off is super soapy and more fitting for a telenovella so probably not the best thing.
>>
>>2154166

Please, that's way too soapy
>>
>>2154197
Yeah it is. Zinc would obviousy help out if it was that serious, though it would be a prime opportunity for her to twist Fe's arm into talking to Carbon.
>>
>>2154203

I don't think arm twisting over health issues is the way to go, Zn needs to stick Fe's nose into the mess she's causing (ie. Cu) and twist her arm over things of her own responsibility
>>
>>2154207
If it was as simple as that, though, it's something she could have done way back when the problem originally started. It seems OOC for Zinc to do something that could have such potentially serious ramifications for Fe.
>>
>>2154207
All things considered, outside of her own health and being partly responsible with intruding in CuZn time, Iron's pretty responsible. Though if that's the way to go, why not twist her arm into going to a gala AuAg's hosting that Zn knows Carbon will be there. With some stipulation about how Fe needs to stay for at least an hour or something and then if she really wants to she can duck out.
>>
>>2154209

But now there is Cu in the picture; Zn could let it slide and delude herself her own suffering counts as "supporting" but now that it affects Cu as well (and badly), she won't be taking it much longer
>>
>>2154212
What I don't like about that is that it comes off as very negative for everyone involved. As in, she's not doing it out of concern, and Fe isn't doing it because of positive character development.

It's totally something that could be a factor, and have an effect on how Zn thinks and feels, but for it to be the sole catalyst seems, yeah, too negative.
>>
>>2154216
>As in, she's not doing it out of concern, and Fe isn't doing it because of positive character development.

Zn is just realizing that this is what she should've done ages ago, and Fe is not at all set up for autonomous character development, she needs to be faced with the situation, after running for 15 years
>>
>>2154219
That's all true, though I think having it all (what's going on (or rather what's not going on) between Fe and C) come down to Zn cheapens it somewhat.

Given another catalyst which still leaves room for Fe's character development, like Fe accidentally meeting Steel (wasn't that idea talked about once?) and then having Zn take the opportunity to act on that and help push Fe along would satisfy all of the criteria pretty well, wouldn't it?
>>
>>2154223
>Iron accidentally meeting Steel
Yeah, though no one really came up with scenarios on how it was plausible outside of one anon. The one they suggested involved meeting in a waiting room for V or something to that affect and Iron not realizing it's Steel. For whatever reason.
>>
>>2154227
It could be a simple as running into each other on the street, or something like that. Well, something a little more interesting that that, maybe.
>>
>>2154223
>like Fe accidentally meeting Steel

I really don't like the accidental bit, that's really contrived

Plus if anyone should be the catalyst, it's Zn, since she let this situation last as long as it did, so she should have a significant role in fixing it
>>
>>2154229
She definitely should have a very important role in mending it, and having something else prompt the reunion still allows for things to get as dire as has been suggested so far, with the relationship between Fe and Zn coming under an enormous strain and pushing Fe to the breaking point, before it begins to be resolved.

>I really don't like the accidental bit, that's really contrived
It is a little, but I kind of like it. It would wrap things up with a clumsy elegance characteristic of Fe without requiring anyone to intentionally do something out of frustration or that could potentially turn out really, really badly.
>>
>>2154228
True but the notion with the waiting room thing was that Iron ends up having a friend that she thinks isn't connected to Zinc or her past in any sort of matter. Until one day she watches Steel leave and recognizes the car or something and then connects the dots.
>>2154229
Why not combine it then? Steel finally gets curious about her missing mother and Carbon's busy with something so Steel goes to the one woman that knows the story just as well; Zinc. That or maybe Steel tries to find out more about Iron on her own and eventually runs into Zinc through some means and Zinc helps her.
>>
>>2154240
That would be cute, although, as was mentioned, it might not make sense that they wouldn't recognize each other for long. Still though, cute.

The downside to the other suggestion is having Zinc go behind Fe's back in order to do it, but that's a secondary factor.
>>
>>2154243
Well Steel not recognizing Iron can be somewhat easily explained away in that Carbon probably doesn't have any recent pictures and Steel doesn't pay attention to news or had reason to find out how Iron looks in the present.

Iron's tougher unless she imposed a no contact type of thing and never asked for a picture from Zinc or the like.
>>
>>2154249
As far as Iron is concerned, it seems that she's kind of kept tabs on Steel from the background in an attempt to support her in some way.
>>
>>2154240
I've thought that Steel's graduation from high school might be the catalyst.
>Carbon and Zinc: What would you like for a graduation present?
>Steel: I'd like to have my mother attend my graduation party
>Carbon: Of course I'll be there, sweetie
>Steel: No, I mean, my other mother
>Carbon, Zinc, and a lot of other people: Uh oh

And then, FeC's reluctant reunion at the graduation party would actually go badly and cause more collateral DRAMA, but it'd also finally get things moving and become a first step towards reconciliation after sixteen years apart.
>>
File: FeC.png (620KB, 1138x1110px) Image search: [Google]
FeC.png
620KB, 1138x1110px
>>2154257
>reconciliation

But suffering FeC is the best kind of FeC.
>>
>>2154255
It just never works out. Though that does make it tough to explain why Iron wouldn't recognize her. Unless silver hair is as common as brown hair in the setting. Still in that case it could just be a simple matter Iron's last picture being out of date. Like back before Steel started wearing her hair up and got into shop class and the like.

I do like the idea of Steel actively trying to find stuff about Iron though.

>>2154257
That could work, though I would like to think that the collateral drama comes entirely from Carbon's side and Iron toughs out the entire thing because it's for Steel. Cause W and Si seem pretty likely to have an argument with Fe should she ever show her face.
>>
>>2154259
That sums it up.
>>
>>2154259
Iron's eyes aren't red from holding back tears. Pretty good altogether. On the upside, when they do reunite and get back together. Iron can angst over everything she's missed with Steel and Carbon.
>>
>>2154259
We just haven't had a good look at not-suffering FeC yet!
>>
>>2154280
Right, Carbon will be all in a tizy when she realizes that Iron walks around the house only in a dress shirt and panties. And how Iron reacts differently than others when she flirts with her.
>>
>>2154312
Steel is going to see a side of her mom that she's never seen before.
>>
>>2154321
Quite a side, will probably learn where she got her nonchalance from.
>>
>>2154330
And a whole bunch from her other mom as well.
>>
>>2153550
>Bi's shirt name: "FUCK YES"
>every time she did something the commentators spoke about her as if it was an EXTREME AD
>>
>>2154259

That's very nice, just needs some Iron stoic tears
>>
http://archiveofourown.org/works/6683338/chapters/16333133

Will you find what's the inspiration of this?
>>
>>2154588
TG Bolivia.
>>
>>2154589

Bingo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqHxrxnA85E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy3lTw5Oi_Q
>>
How did Sulfur and Phosphorus meet?
>>
>>2155255
During an explosive time.
I think the original idea that hasn't really changed is that C had a one night stand threesome that both involved P and S. PS and found they liked each other and kept in contact.
>>
>>2155259
Oh yeah! I'd completely forgotten that, sorry.
>>
>>2155265
>>2155265
No worries. SP are kind of lacking in the history department entirely though if I had to guess if the threesome thing were to happen then I can see it during C's uni years depending on when Si came back. Leading to SI watching little Steel for a few days to give C some relaxation time where she ends up in a bar and runs into P and S separately before going back with both of them.
>>
>>2155266
Picturing Silicon and Steel together is too cute.
>>
>>2155270
Just think, Germanium would probably have a heart attack if she saw Silicon being motherly.
>>
>>2155275
And she was probably great at it too.
>>
>>2155280
If only from her experience of Carbon being little and playing with her.
>>
>>2155266
>C's uni years

Just as an observation; C would've gone to law school
>>
>>2155285
Of course, being a solicitor in the Brit sense would require such a thing
>>
How was STeSe's lives when they were younger? Sort watching over the twins and trying to keep them out of trouble?
>>
>>2155592

I'd imagine it'd be like that, yeah, S would give a lot of attention to her little sisters. That'd be very tiring, but she can proud herself in being an exemplary big sister
>>
>>2155592
>>2155759
They can always confide in her...and usually do.
>>
>>2155759
>>2155853
I bet S will enjoy ribbing on Se for snagging the cosmopolis' primer newscaster. Though how exactly does one become a land baron, or was that P who is the land baron in addition to being a farmer?
>>
>Silver is planning a surprise party for her anniversary with the help of Copper (age 11) and Electrum (age 6)
>Gold catches on because she can always see right through Electrum
>She feigns surprise, but ends up crying for real because of how happy her family has made her
>>
>>2155890

It's P who is the land baron, S has her business in the city
>>
>>2156199
Was she? I know their respective jobs were pretty vague regarding S. It does fit all things considered since she's about the only farmer in the setting. Though if that's the case, what exactly does S do?
>>
>>2156210

S has a biology related business
>>
>>2156270
Perhaps it's the same one Cerium will work for in the future
>>
>>2156272

I see Ce more as an independent expert, but certainly one that works often with S
>>
>>2156277
If nothing else they perhaps know each other through their overlapping fields.
>>
What's Cerium like?
>>
>>2156575
Probably a more moderate version of Selenium, and more into unusual science because of her friendship with Boron and Lanthanum. Not much else currently outside of eventually getting with Pr in the future in the aftermath of fixing some environment problem.
>>
>>2156585
Good for Pr, she deserves it.
>>
>>2156585

Pr sure finds younger girls/women tasty
>>
Cerium should have naturally pale skin.
>>
>>2156846
By then the age gap won't be so obvious since Cerium will be in her thirties and Pr will have entered her 40s.
>>
>>2157005
It's that far into the future?
>>
>>2157013
I wouldn't consider a decade that far but yeah them getting together would usher in the next generation. Outside of the two or three big weddings and FeC getting back together, I can't think of anything else set to become more concrete before CePr gets together.
>>
>>2157861

Ce would be invited to B's wedding as a relatively important guest
>>
>>2157875
She would indeed, though that brings up the question of when NaB will have their wedding.
>>
>>2157877

5 years later at the earliest I'd say
>>
>>2157881
So UMo's wedding is probably the closest event happening to year zero with FeC getting together around that time or anywhere between then and just before CePr get together.
>>
>>2157861
That means that Pr will still be mayor for over a decade before seeing anyone, as well as almost twenty years since Ni. Not to mention that any story involving the two of them together would necessitate writing it so far into the future. For the sake of bringing it more in line with the rest of the setting, it should be bumped down.

Poor Pr. As far as I can tell from looking at the archive, there isn't even really any reason for it either.
>>
>>2157893
I think the original reason, was because of her still coping with the scandal that involved Ni so she basically froze her romantic life and is doing her best to make sure her legacy has nothing to do with it beyond being the slightest footnote. That and there's a 13 year gap between her and Ce so she'd probably wait til Ce was older unless, Ce looks like she's in her mid-twenties despite being 21 and Pr never asks for her age.
>>
>>2157901
That makes sense, and can be fulfilled with how many years it's been already(and I like it a lot).

If Cerium in her early 20s looked just a bit older than she was, for whatever reason, it would be worth seeing Pr's reaction when she finally asked her age.
>>
>>2157910
The feeling I get regarding the scandal is that it's recent, on the verge of becoming old news. So yeah if they meet when Ce is 23 while looking 27, Pr would probably be comfortable enough to start flirting again.

I'm sure when she finds out, she'd have a private panic later while asking Ce to never tell her twin her age in a slightly strained voice.
>>
>>2157913
That sounds perfect.

Cerium must be very professional when it comes to work.

Pr is so cute.
>>
>>2157913

The scandal would be most likely about 7 years prior, when Ni was 17
>>
>>2157921
Right yes, which I think is more of the reason for why it was a scandal.
>>2157919
The image works better while imaging Pr saying it during a nice event in some pretty lavish clothes, like her trademark fur coat. If they were riding to or from it.
>>
>>2157927
>Ru
>Rh
>Nd
Pr's life is suddenly a minefield.
>>
>>2158302
I'm sure by then, she'll have some dirt she can use on the twins should the need arise. Considering how they stuck by her through the scandal it'll probably be unneeded
>>
>>2158329
Yeah, good point.
>>
>>2158334
Though that's not to say there couldn't be some fun in working out the dirt Pr gets on the twins. I was thinking that she finds out they're in lesbians with each other. Though there's not many ways she could successfully exploit that so it'd largely be a bluff.
>>
>>2158379
First Po and now Pr, goodness. Be careful, RuRh!
>>
>>2158392
To be fair to RuRh, Po was a complete accident since she stumbled upon them. Pr worked it around herself because of proximity and they probably have some contingency to keep her quiet.
>>
>>2158394
They make a good team.
>>
>>2158400
Indeed they do, which is a good thin since Pr's trying her hardest to put the city into a time of prosperity.
>>
>>2158415
Pr is going to deserve a long vacation with Ce.
>>
Technetium and friends. 100 words.
http://archiveofourown.org/works/6604894/chapters/18860101
>>
>>2158635
Awww.
>>
>>2158635

That's really adorable

While writing Lifesaver, I discovered that Te actually does have some (very specific) applications with Steel, as Potassium pertechnetate, so their friendship has chemical grounds
>>
>>2158425
If things lined up right, and when it happens, it could be after that big environmental issue that causes her to meet Ce. Giving her plenty of time to get to know Ce better, while going out on a limb and possibly letting the twins stand in as acting mayor.
>>
>>2158701
>twins stand in as acting mayor
Haha, that I'd like to see.

Although it would make more sense if Ce accompanied her on vacation once their relationship was more firmly established.
>>
All this talk about RuRh has got me wondering; how exactly do they feel about PoTl, excluding any sort of light arm twisting Po might've done.
>>
>>2158884
They would probably feel sympathetic to their situation, inwardly.
>>
>>2158888
Probably the best result, would be rather funny if Tl was one of the few people that could tell them apart.
>>
>>2158897
>Tl: Ruthenium looked nice today, and Rhodium was in a good mood.
>Po: You can tell them apart?
>Tl: Huh? Isn't it obvious?
>>
>>2158898
Would probably surprise them just as much. Especially if Thal was a bit mischievous and unintentionally planted the idea that they aren't perfect copies into their heads.
>>
>>2158900
That might cause them to redouble their efforts.

>"Hello"
>"Ms."
>"Mayor"
>"How"
>"Are"
>"You"
>"This"
>"Morning?"
>Pr sighs
>"What's gotten into you two?"
>>
>>2158906
Ends with Pr telling Po to have Tl to stop messing with her assistants after a council meeting.
>>
>>2158928
Maybe she'll pretend to mix them up, curing them. Or maybe she even accidentally does so.
>>
>>2158931
Probably the former considering she knows her friends and aunt's quirks are dear to them
>>
>>2158932
She's very thoughtful.
>>
>>2158934
That's why Arsenic took her on as an apprentice.
>>
>>2158935
And one of the many reasons Po fell for her.

Speaking of working with Arsenic, she's also quite talented. Arsenic was probably ecstatic.
>>
>>2158938
Oh definitely, it's probably what'll help Arsenic cement her business more than what she expect.
Spoilers do make me wonder about how exactly they got together.
>>
>>2159000
>Ar: Thank Prima Materia that this girl is so gifted

Well, it seems like Po was a little drunk and Tl cuddled with her all night, and when they woke up one thing lead to another.
>>
>>2159011
>Ar
Whoops; I mean As!

Ar would be thinking something like that about Lu, though.
>>
File: C1.png (974KB, 872x926px) Image search: [Google]
C1.png
974KB, 872x926px
>>2154259

This very nice picture made me want to update my 3D C

Pic related is the first version
>>
File: C2.png (955KB, 872x926px) Image search: [Google]
C2.png
955KB, 872x926px
>>2159068

And now a much more faithful version

I really love these illustrations with characters interacting
>>
>>2159069
She looks good!
>>
File: Platinum.jpg (55KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Platinum.jpg
55KB, 640x480px
>>
>>2159011
I bet Thal being unconsciously handsy was what led to the one thing that led to another.
>>
>>2159200
She does like to cuddle.

Months (if not years) of mutual attraction culminates in a kiss after she promises Po that she'll stay with her.
>>
>>2159135

>Pt: 1,4 million bits of storage? Wow that's a lot!
>Cu: No Plat, that's not even enough a store a third of a standard mp3 file
>Co: And that's why Plat is banned for using any device looking remotely like a computer, better safe than sorry
>>
>>2159135
You just know Plat coppied that floppy
>>
A little more PoTl.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/7486002/chapters/18878791
>>
>>2159580

Nice

That's some naughty behaviour, Po will have to make her behave
>>
>>2160018
>Thallium is doing laundry
>She picks out one of her aunt's shirts and hurries back to her room
>Once there, she buries her face in it and inhales deeply
>"Thallium, have you finished yet?"
>She practically has a heart attack
>"J...Just a second, aunty!"
>>
>>2160081
>Just a shirt over her aunt's panties
At least it's pg-13
>>
>>2160125
She's just that innocent.
>>
>>2160149
Maybe back then, I'm sure now that she's not so innocent. Po probably wouldn't be surprised one of her missing pairs of panties or two. Safely tucked away for when Po goes out of the city on business and will be away for a while.
>>
>>2160171
Oh yes, now, like you said.

Otherwise, Tl can go right to the source.
>>
>>2160181
Probably why she constantly has her face buried in Po's boobs.
I bet she loves facesitting :^)
>>
>>2160234
To be fair, it's hard not to when you're hugged by Po.
>>
>>2160234

She likes to get smothered with love...
>>
>>2160408
Ara ara, indeed.
>>
I wonder how physical the agegap relationship get. PoTl look like they enjoy a hot night from time to time, but B sounds like the kind of person that will protect Na's purity even from herself.

Also, unrelated question but how much do Iron and Steel know about each other?
>>
>>2160435
Iron has been watching Steel from a distance, or at least attempting to.
>>
>>2160435
Well on the flip side of NaB is KN and they seem way more physical than the younger sibling one. If anything NaB -> PoTl -> NK is probably a good spectrum of how lewd they get.
PoTl being the midpoint since Po probably has a rather big work load or she and Tl would probably beat NK.

As for Fe and Steel, what the anon above me said as well as Steel probably having some idea regarding Iron. Though nothing super in-depth considering how her life is going on.
>>
>>2160474
>Tl would probably beat NK.

>implying

>>2160435
>I wonder how physical the agegap relationship get

What size should the gap be for it to be considered "age gap"?
>>
>>2160543
>implying the implication
They'd probably be about even. Po's experience and efficiency coupled with Tl's energy would even it. Though I had thought NK had a bigger gap
>>
>>2160627
Po is experienced, but her lack of proper romantic life means she isn't as experienced as a 41 year old lady could be; I'd say K did it much more in 8 years than Po in 26 years

>Tl's energy would even it

Tl's energy is but a fraction of K's reactiveness in bed

Plus PoTL are awfully vanilla, they have nothing on NK's mildest games, let alone the wildest ones
>>
>>2160630
That probably has more to do with the thread never really touching upon sex lives. I will give you Po's lack of proper romance though.
>>
>>2160641

I just don't see either Tl or Po as particularly wild in bed; Po has had most likely standard sex for two decades and Tl just went along with her

Meanwhile KN have been at it constantly, so their closeness and comfort with each other made them much likely so try new things
>>
>>2160654
I guess that's where we differ. I see potential that PoTl could have for it, though you are right. NK has them beat in frequency and and for how long influencing what they're curious about. Po's curiosity probably died a quiet death through constantly bedding pillow princesses before Tl and Tl's not confident and curious enough yet to talk her aunt into trying other things.

Alright I concede, in the present NK are lewder but I fully believe that PoTl can reach their level.
>>
>>2160435
>how much do Iron and Steel know about each other?
Steel probably knows more about Iron than Iron knows about Steel.
>>
>>2160663
I would think that it's probably the other way around, with Steel only having a vague notion of Iron from things she's picked up by herself; maybe like "she owns a company."

On the other hand, Iron is conscious of Steel almost constantly, and has the means to act from the background, as well as having Zinc to tell her about her if she asked.
>>
>>2160674
Maybe. I was thinking in terms of Iron's guilt restricting her from actually having more than the bare minium in terms of knowledge. Steel though, could be way more curious without any emotional negatives clouding her actions leading her to ask her mum somewhat frequently about Iron and doing research on her own. Could also be something as simple as Carbon being vague about who her other mother when she was younger, and then she eventually does a report on iron for school and it elicits a really weird reaction from her mom. One that leads to her finding out that her report is about her other mom.
>>
>>2161348
For Steel, life without Iron is something she's pretty much always known. For Iron, it's a constant void, something she's living without. She would feel guilty, and that would keep her from making progress, but she would also basically automatically be in a position where she knows more about Steel than Steel knows about her.

Steel probably wouldn't learn much by asking the adults in her life, so anything she did know would be pieced together.
>>
>>2161355
Damn that's depressing thinking about it. Shit I wouldn't be surprised if the thought of who her mother was kept her up some nights.
Iron will probably go to her grave thinking she isn't worthy of her daughter's love.
>>
>>2161360
It's going to be really cathartic when Steel calls Iron "mom."
>>
>>2161361
It'd be best during a quiet moment between them, with little to no one around.
>>
>>2161363
Then Steel can share a group hug with both her moms.
>>
>>2161364
True enough though this has got me wondering. Does the thread having anything concrete regarding Steel's personality?
>>
>>2161369

It's very vague short of being a generally positive person. Surely she has a stainless personality and a steeled resolve...
>>
Thankfully, Iron will have the opportunity to make up for what she missed.
>>
>>2161639

And she'll have another daughter to have the full parenting experience with
>>
>>2161646
Steel gains another mom and a sister!
>>
>Iron and Steel do know about each other
Welp, there go the unintentional momcest possibilities.
>>
>>2161671
Cute, but it'd be one sided on Steel's part since Iron is aware of who she is. As said in the thread, Steel probably has some idea but she's largely in the dark.
>>
>>2161671
>implying Terne would let it happen

The lioness will defend her territory with her all
>>
>Indium comes home to find Selenium lying on the floor, asleep, halfway under a table
>She taped her research notes to the underside so that she could read them while lying down
>>
>>2161679
lioness can't do much if electra walks out of said territory.
I wish there was a sapphic equivalent to Oedipus
>>
>>2161671
It still leaves open the possibility for Carbon to go all
>You remind me so much of your mother when she was your age...
>>
>>2161711
Runs into the same problem as Iron/Steel. Only Steel would be the one not feeling anything while Carbon went full yandere transference.
>>
>>2161742
Oh well, at least we got Carbon/Silicon.
>>
>>2161745
True. PoTl really is the closest the setting has to full on momcest. If things had been different, Po might've actually been Tl's mom.
>>
>>2161747
With how close they are, she could almost be considered a second mother.

Don't forget Copper's little crush.
>>
When regarding Carbon and Iron's history, does Iron know about Carbon's sister or were they not together long enough for her to pick up Silicon being C's onee-chan?
>>
>>2162057

Si was away during CFe's relationship, they have never met in person but given both C and Si's fame, I don't doubt she knows about it by now
>>
>>2162061
C has fame? I suppose. I guess it would really come down to how frequently Ferric and Sillice interact business-wise.

Also tangential question that was probably asked before; but does Steel have any idea on how Iron looks?
>>
>>2162065

She does, especially in the business world.

Ferric is one of Silice's most frequent business partners, but Fe and Si have never met
>>
In all seriousness this time, it would be poignant if Steel said or did something that reminded Carbon of Iron.

>>2162065
Hmmm, most likely not.
>>
>>2162178
>if Steel said or did something that reminded Carbon of Iron.
That would be interesting. A shame the only thing coming to my mind involves some slight tragedy where Steel acts all stoic
>>
>>2162205
It could also just be a general resemblance, or something from when Fe was Steel's age before she retreated into herself.
>>
>>2162208
Perhaps it was Steel's growth spurt she had while a pre-teen. Came to be just as tall as Iron and it didn't hit Carbon why hugging Steel felt like deja vu til she realized how tall Steel was.
>>
>>2162209
Yup, that would make sense.

Steel has probably only heard C mention her other mom a few rare times.
>>
>>2162211
Oh man, Carbon watching Steel and Terne would probably be a gut punch to her. Especially with the way they act, despite Steel being a less stoic Iron.
>>
>>2162214
Is it just Terne that likes Steel romantically (currently) or does Steel also feel that way about her friend?
>>
>>2162219
Steel, from what little we've seen, is sweet on her though probably not aware of her forming crushing. I like to think, when C has her ephinany, that she ends up describing them as herself and Iron if they grew up together.
>>
>>2162221
So they probably met as children in school.

Cuuuute.
>>
>>2162223

Maybe even in preschool, Terne could've been aware of her feelings as early as middle school

Turns out Electrum's suspicion about Terne wanting Steel all to herself was correct
>>
File: 1475957698719.png (502KB, 942x770px) Image search: [Google]
1475957698719.png
502KB, 942x770px
>>2162241
Electrum has bigger concerns than feeling proud for predicting Terne's intent. Like forgetting how she's the least experienced out of her friends.
>>
>>2162248

tfw unassuming Pewter is the most experienced amongst her circle of friends
>>
Glancing at the profiles, it seems that Carbon does see a lot of Iron in Steel. Of course, it could still strike her particularly strongly at some point.
>>
Palladium, Astatine. 100 words.
http://archiveofourown.org/works/6604894/chapters/18936596
>>
>>2163007
It's always nice to see more of them.
>>
>>2163007

Be mote gentle with you sweetheart, Pd

I guess she often asks her sister-in-law for advice
>>
>>2163007
Sounds like she'd get along well with Se.
>>
>>2162223
>>2162241
So when exactly did Terne and Steel meet? From the sounds of things, and what we have, it involved Mo-chan doing her thing with C. Sounds like middle school.
>>
>>2163251

I'd actually say kindergarten, they're the same age after all
>>
>>2163254
Possible via same school district or something? I suppose. Could also just be Carbon and PbSn knowing each other for various reasons.
>>
>>2163266

More like a school district thing; C would've been quite busy with her law school on top of Steel
>>
>>2163266
School sounds like the best bet.

So, Terne is a source of stability in her friend Steel's life.
>>
>>2163288
>>2163291
Sounds like they're first meeting would've been adorable. Though how was little Steel like? I want to imagine her as shy, but that doesn't seem likely. Curiously I see Terne as the shy one while Steel happened to be the more friendly one.
>>
>>2163291

It's fair to say Terne was a deeply important person for young Steel (which is what Terne used to do for Steel IRL), and then later on Tc entered the picture to act as a cool big sis for the two girls
>>
>>2163297
Tc then became even cooler by becoming the six trillion euro woman
>>
>>2163296
An outgoing personality seems right.

But would there be anything that does make her act withdrawn?

>>2163297
Too cute.
>>
>>2163303
Depends on how sad you wanna get. Could be something family-related like Steel being reluctant drawing a picture of her family. Cause you know, every picture has three figures while hers only has two.

Definitely something where she learned it's better to be in the background than the center of attention.
>>
>>2163307
Poor Steel.

Terne, noticing that her friend seems uncomfortable, says, "Steel, draw me with you!"
>>
>>2163309
Kids can be bretty vicious and blunt. Wouldn't put it past them for laughing at her on two separate occasions.
>>
>>2163312
Which two, specifically?
>>
>>2163320
Looks like Terne will have a chance to defend her best friend.
>>
>>2163314
I'm feeling another family picture that's the root of it, when she was younger and in pre-school. 2nd one is trickier because part of me wants to say it was some mean kid saying her other parent/mom is gone because she (Steel) is a freak or something. However that feels more like a primary school thing.

>>2163322
Either way, it ends up with Carbon making some lie of omission about Iron being "dead" but strongly emphasizing that Iron loved Steel with all her heart. Obviously the latter bit stuck with Steel much more than the former.fuck I was too slow, that'll teach me to have I'm completely thoughts
>>
>>2163323
Maybe something vague about how Iron "isn't around anymore."
>>
>>2163325
Something like that, hence the lie of omission. Would be rather cute, if the next time she had to draw it, she added a figure that had gray hair and was slightly taller than her mom. Along with Terne of course
>>
>>2163537
That would be absolutely adorable.
>>
>>2163537
Wait, gray hair?
>>
>>2163677
Iron's hair was originally gray/dark silver, iirc. She had a mess up when younger that caused it to become permanently red(oxidized). I'm like almost completely positive that was the gist fo the explanation when it first came up
>>
>>2163680
Oh, huh, I didn't know that. Makes sense.

When Terne meets Iron, she's definitely going to think something like, "oh, this explains everything!"
>>
>>2163708
Though that explanation made me wonder if Iron's carpet is slate gray or red like the drapes.

I'm sure Terne will feel a lot of things whenever she meets Iron.
>>
>>2163714
That's a question for Carbon.
>>
>>2163715
Probably slate gray up until Carbon asks her to dye them
>>
>>2163950
Unless she likes it.
>>
>>2163969
Oh I'm sure there's quite a bit Carbon likes. Would be funny if she disliked inconsistency with Iron though.
>>
>>2163970

>"I didn't know you had OCD about this, Diamond"
>"There's quite a lot of things you missed, Iron honey, but don't worry, I'll be FILLING YOU in PERSONALLY "
>>
>>2163970
Steel's life is going to get quite a bit more interesting, that's for sure.
>>
>>2163971
Carbon always did like how stable Iron could be.
>>2163974
Well she's got some luck considering it'll be some time in the summer when FeC goes through their honeymoon phase...again.

Speaking of those three: MS if you're around, do you have any thoughts regarding their specific heights?
>>
>>2163976
>MS if you're around, do you have any thoughts regarding their specific heights?

I'd put Fe in the 190 range, and from this picture>>2154259 , C looks about a head shorter, so she'd be in the 170 range she'd have some stunningly long legs that would turn her lovers into pudding

As for Steel, the cutesy style she sports hints at a rather short stature, so I would say maybe in the high 160, but I don't know if the thread would prefer a short Steel or a tall Steel
>>
>>2164003
>but I don't know if the thread would prefer a short Steel or a tall Steel
Why not a bit of both? Everything in Steel's life pointed to her being short, possibly shorter than Carbon, but during the summer leading into her 2nd year of secondary she hit a growth spurt that lasted for a good six months :^)

Extremely unrealistic but I like the image of her being midway between Carbon and Iron in height.

I'm liking 190 for Iron, opens up the chance to use red giant or big red as a nickname. C being 170 is just grand since she seems to a larger than life personality when it comes down to it.
I bet her legs make an ass out of themselves frequently
>>
>>2164007

That's quite unrealistic, plus Steel'growth spur can be late and take some years, eventually making her reach 180

For now C can see in Steel a shorter Fe, especially if the red hair incident happened after they split
>>
>>2164015
As long as it happens by the time she reaches graduation.

As for the red hair bit, pretty sure Iron's hair was already red when Carbon first met her. Now that's not to say she doesn't find out about it when they finally get it on and notice the inconsistent hair color on irony.
>>
>>2164285

I like to imagine she got it quite later on, in an incident involving a certain travelling hippie :^)[:spoiler]
>>
>>2164290
If nothing else, then any red in secondary could've been Iron going through a teeny tiny rebellious phase.
I bet that travelling hippie got the tip from Mercury's hair dresser.
>>
>>2164298

I think being a pregnant teen is rebellious enough, plus I like the idea of Fe leaving C with metallic grey hair and coming back with red hair

That incident let the relationship between the two somewhat rusty
>>
>>2164314
Maybe she was trying it out, you know to be a little different and then teen pregnant happened
>>
>>2164353

Nah, not Fe, she's just too serious for that, she's the type of person who's already old while young

Actually I don't see Fe having a dye at any age, the incident explanation fits better
>>
>>2164356
Could also be explained away as her version of gray hair, but yeah incident works best.
In spite of that one drabble that mentions Iron having red hair while being in secondary.
>>
>>2164363

Oh there was? I don't remember
>>
Hypothetical scenario:
>Pr is paying Po an impromptu visit to go over some matter
>Li happens to stop by to pick up something that she had forgotten with Po last night when they were out
>At that time, Tl returns home from school and has brought Gally with her
>The second Gally walks into the room, she has a spontaneous orgasm and faints
>>
>>2164371
Yep
http://archiveofourown.org/works/6683338/chapters/16749106

It was about the beginning of their relationship but again there's various way to explain away how it became permanent. Besides if it's slate gray or rather dark like Lead's hair, her dying it as a teenage could've resulted in a dark auburn that still could qualify her as a red head. Allowing for the oxidized red to come later.

>>2164372
The real question is, would they all be in some form of work attire?
>>
>>2164388
>The real question is, would they all be in some form of work attire?
Oh, they most certainly would be.
>>
>>2164388
>http://archiveofourown.org/works/6683338/chapters/16749106

>tfw I wrote this, and didn't remember

The canonicity of this is shaky because at the time I thought Fe's hair had always been red
>>
>>2164613
Well then, it is whatever regarding her hair. Iron could've just ended up normally dying her hair like I suggested in the previous post but noticed her hair was too dark to do it any justice beyond that one time until the incident.
>>
>>2164616

But why Fe, the last person to take care of her appearance, would dye her hair?
>>
>>2164618
Wanted to try something different. To grab Carbon's attention. Considering the incident kind of implies she set about to get her hair dyed, it wouldn't be that much of a stretch
>>
>>2164621

But C is already purring all over her, she never needed to go out of her way

Plus, she's not really the bashful seductress type, more like the unwavering stoic
>>
>>2164623
You have me there, though one could argue that before then Iron thought she didn't have C's attention. If it's that big of a thing you could always go back and change the drabble. Or we can both forget about it, wouldn't be the first thing that got phased out. Though wanting something different could be a good start for what lead to oxidizing.
>>
>>2164624

I think an incident involving O is the most solid idea, obviously because of O involvement, but also the incident part; rust is a deeply unwanted phenomenon, so it'd make more sense if the colouring was unwanted as well
>>
>>2164636
True enough, she could've gone there/to a hairdresser wanting a new hairstyle but O was there and misheard what Iron wanted. Not sure on another way for it to happen unless it was something like Iron got pushed into a weird vat or some such. Either way vaguer is probably better regarding the incident.
>>
>>2164641

Can be just a noodle incident

>"That damn O, if I catch her..."
>"What ACTUALLY happened?"
>"Something I'd rather not talk about"
>>
File: 1476237856663.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1476237856663.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
On a totally unrelated note, Steel and her friends will have their proper debut today at 6-ish UTC

Absolutely no idea what'll happen
>>
>Selenium and Indium go out for a picnic
>Selenium is sidetracked and goes off on a tangent about the local flora
>All the while Indium is thinking to herself "she's so cute!"
>>
>>2164645
Might be for the best
>>
>>2164673
Agreed.
>>
Since FeSteC is still being talked about, a curious thought popped into my head. Would Iron and Steel have any similar or common hobby that they might unintentionally share before Iron gets involved with them again?
>>
>>2164700
That's a good idea.
>>
>>2164761
Metalworking's an obvious one but maybe there's something more common available. I'd say divekick but that's meta territory most of the time.
>>
>>2164763
Iron does have that trophy, haha.

Anyway, metalworking or something would make some sense.
>>
>>2164765
I got it. Metal as in the genre :^)
Semi-joke, but I'm sure they have some common application that could be used as a hobby.
>>
>>2164768
>I'm sure they have some common application that could be used
That would make the most sense.
>>
>>2164664

Don't go too far, Se, you have an electric car

>>2164768

I actually like the idea of a music bond, like C kept some of Fe's most beloved records as memento and Steel founds them and gets hooked up not knowing they're actually Fe's and she becomes a SSH

That gives them an already established common ground

>>2164649

That's tomorrow actually, my bad
>>
>>2164905
>SSH
??, I'm probably gonna feel silly asking what that is.
>>
>>2165105

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyaGImJx3ns
>>
>>2164905
Nice, cute idea.
>>
>>2165105

I realised that I forgot to write "SSH fan"

Fe would be a fan of "classic" metal bands Iron maiden :^) while Steel would favor modern interpretation of Metal, like symphonic Metal
>>
>>2165605
>Steel's a nightwish fan
Iron would probably have a heart attack. jk she's an Oomph! fan
>>
>>2165607
>Industrual metal

Sounds actually more like Mo's thing
>>
>>2165612
Wouldn't surprise me, if nothing else Steel would probably have a wide collection of metal.
I was actually thinking whatever sub-genre of metal Age of Shadows is could be some genre they both like
>>
>>2165615

Oh I'm sure Steel has a pretty eclectic metal collection, including eternal classics like Iron Maiden, Motorhead, Metallica, but favors some more recent developments of the genre, like Nightwish, Epica or stuff like SSH
>>
>>2165621
Or Ayreon for when she's feeling sci-fi-i. But yeah she'll probably have a collection to rival Kr's edm collection
>>
To be honest, I'm not really seeing Iron as a metal fan. Or a fan of really anything, for that matter, as an adult. Even as a teenager, though, it didn't seem like the genre she would be into.
>>
Small heads up, the divegrass is on the main channel

(If you don't have the lik, it's here: http://pastebin.com/vMfhPjGq , thank you spam filter)

First game currently on, Steel and her team play third
>>
>>2165700
Small pleasures anon. Iron wouldn't obviously be as big of a fan as her daughter, but it could be as something simple as what she prefers to listen to above everything else. Iron needs development in more than one manner, considering she's an angst hole currently.
>>
>>2165955
True, there are a lot of ways that she can be fleshed out still. Even more once she gets back together with C and Steel.
>>
>>2166882
Speaking of fleshing out, is there anything more on Lady Argon? Who her childhood friends are and the like? Was she perhaps a tomboy when she was younger?
>>
>>2165843

Unfortunately, the girls didn't have the same success as their mothers and are out of the running

Still, I don't regret working on it, making this team gave me ideas for a lot of characters that were only names in a chart, especially for Coplatine, Nichrome, Tantaloy, Alesc...and the controversial Alnico

I also ship Tantaloy and Pase, just because
>>
>>2167046
Rotten luck, any highlights for alloys?
>>
>>2167058

There's still divegrass to be had, but the last match of the group stage will be the last one of the competition

Bit of a shame since they played well, and only ever lost by one goal and never gave up, so I'd say their two current games are good highlights on their own despite the loss. Now they'll try to at least finish on a win, coincidentally, that match will be the same day of the metall/u/rgy anniversary
>>
>>2167063
Might need a new thread by then or wait until the twentith to do it.
>>
>>2167064

We're on top of page 9, so there's stilll some time, we can even let it fall off page 10 in order to create a new one the day of the anniversary
>>
>>2167067
Could be fun, I think I might do it then if I can whip up an interesting image for op. Or at least try my hand at writing.
>>
>>2166967
She's known Lu since her childhood, but that's mostly it so far. Maybe she was actually a little sheltered at first.
>>
>>2167078
Part of me wants to say she was friends with Gold and Mithril since they're the other obvious 'noble' daughters. However thinking on this, made me realize the setting has a third 'noble' that could be her childhood friend setting-wise. H, in addition to Lu, who I think so far is only friends with C and in love with O. Perhaps the adventures of little ArLuH is what helped H fall in love with O's free spirit.
>>
>>2167079
Ar and Lu are two of the last characters who don't seem to have their ages decided upon yet; that would help to see what the possibilities are. H is a good idea, though.
>>
>>2167082
Well them, Dy, and Eezo. I'm thinking 31 for Ar or around 30. For Lu, oddly, I'm thinking like half a decade younger. She was the little sister of the group if the thread goes with ArLuH. Gives way to their adventures happening where she was at the prime age to tag along as a child while H could keep an eye on them since she would've been a teenager by then.
>>
>>2167088
Maybe 27 for Lu, to Ar's 31, then? Despite this, she was still the responsible one.

Lu in her early 30s would also work too, though.
>>
>>2167096
Sounds reasonable, would allow for the little trio to have their adventures before they were preteens.
>>
>>2167098
Sounds like a major source of inspiration for young Ar.
>>
Quick girls, I need a name for a band that could work in setting.
>>
>>2167721

Iron maidens

What type of band?
>>
>>2167749
Rock band that dabbles in the various sub-genres.
Good choice.
I ended up coming up with one that could be a throw away.
>>
>>2167721
Just for fun:

Corps Simple
>>
What are Iridos' parents like? Are they the textbook example of what the platinum group is?
>>
>>2168401

They're supposed to be; very good catalysts, not very reactive themselves
>>
>>2168428
Anything else about 'em? Occupation, friends, and the like?
>>
>>2168430
They're both chemists.
>>
>>2168473
Both of them? That's kind of lame
>>
>>2168479
Yeah, both of them. Maybe they do it together?
>>
>>2168482
Perhaps, maybe one teaches it and the other is in the private field.
>>
>>2168430

Friends with Hg, maybe Ag and Pb as well. Also teachers of sorts of Ru and Rh, mentors of Pd who in turn is a mentor of their daughter Iridosmine. Childhood friends for a long time before finally getting together.

That's basically it, they had next to no development beyond the initial idea
>>
>>2168693
Maybe they could become friends with Ag or Pb though their daughter dating Electrum.
>>
>>2168693
Here's an idea, what if it took the entire platinum group working together to have IrOs get together. Aside from IrOs thinking their crush is one sided that is. Like Pd talked with the twins and they came to form a plan, in their usual creepy manner, and it involved IrOs babbysitting little Plat. Who was even more of an airhead back then and just came out and asked if they were married or something.
>>
>>2168857
Cue Pd smugness.
>>
>>2168878
Well full on RuRhPd smugness. Pt tries to copy her older sister without getting why they're smirking
>>
>>2168881
I wish I could draw.
>>
>>2168886
We'd need a more concrete image for RuRh for that picture. Along with IrOs possibly
>>
>>2168900
That's true. Has there been any previous discussion about RuRh's appearance?
>>
>>2168902
Outside of being identical twins and them loving to play that up, not really.
>>
>>2168907
It's not supported by any property of the element, but what if they had black hair?
>>
File: The twins.jpg (2MB, 4208x2920px) Image search: [Google]
The twins.jpg
2MB, 4208x2920px
>>2168909
How black we talking? Like matte black or more of a glossy black since it's their hair
>>
>>2168921
Pretty dark, but natural. So, glossier.
>>
>>2168922
>>2168921
To clarify, like the darker parts of that image.
>>
>>2168922
>>2168925
The Rhodium picture gave me an idea to have them be an inverse carbon. White/silvery hair with black eyes though I'm fine with black hair since there's not a lot of them with hair that dark.
>>
>>2168857

I'm not sure Pd was set to know the twins this early in her life though

>>2168902

They have identical braided silvery white hair
>>
>>2168955
>>2168966
That works. They probably braid each others hair.
>>
>>2168966
>I'm not sure Pd was set to know the twins this early in her life though
Well if we wanna get technical, it was never established when Pd met and got to know the twins. Considering they're three years apart it definitely had to happen sometime in school most likely.
>>
>>2168980

To be honest I always though that the idea of IrOs getting together thanks to Pd was shaky since Pd would need to be at most 10 at that time
>>
>>2168984
That's fair but then what gets them together? I know I was probably the only one in favor of them just doing the most and just getting together themselves.
>>
>>2168988

That, or giving the job to juts RuRh who would be mischevious 13 years old teens
>>
>>2169007
Could always be a bit of both or all three. Though mainly RuRh and IrOs just finally taking the step. Like IrOs have to watch Pd and Pt for Hg for a while and the twins drop by and inadvertently suck the imoutos into their shenanigans as decoys
>>
>>2169015
>and the twins drop by and inadvertently suck the imoutos into their shenanigans as decoys

>RuRh
>inadvertently

They knew exactly what they were doing, the cheeky smartasses
>>
>>2169017
Well of course, it's why they had so much fun with Platinum. Palladium's a little too on the uptake for it. It's why they constantly call her thena.
>>
Whatever happens, Pd feels smug about it.
>>
>>2169028
She's also not entirely sure why
>>
>>2169033
And Pt is just completely lost.
>>
>>2169039

Pt would be 4 at that time, blissfully unaware of the twins' shenanignas
>>
>>2169408
It's a good thing her sister is so responsible.
>>
>>2169466
Mercury too
>>
>>2169478
Well, sometimes.

New thread today?
>>
>>2169478

Hg's certainly responsible, although one might want to stay unaware of the specifics

>>2169482

I think iomorrow, the 21st of October
>>
>>2169482
Midnight, anniversary is the 21st. 22nd for those that time travel. Though I have something in mind for the op if no minds me doing it at midnight est.
>>
>>2169489
Sounds good.
>>
It's time
>>2170058
>>2170058
>>2170058
Thread posts: 439
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.