[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Maria-sama Ga Miteru

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 14

File: marimite.jpg (77KB, 500x695px) Image search: [Google]
marimite.jpg
77KB, 500x695px
It's been over ten years since the anime came out. I remember back in the mid 2000s when this was the biggest thing in yuri anime. I still can't get over Yumi/Sachiko personally. They're one of the most influential couples in yuri anime yet no other knockoff is as amusing to me. Tis a shame we won't get a new season.

So, how about a Marimite thread?
>>
File: Dkdke28skdie8.jpg (154KB, 643x425px) Image search: [Google]
Dkdke28skdie8.jpg
154KB, 643x425px
>>
File: otp.jpg (16KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
otp.jpg
16KB, 500x375px
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDQr0vl-iBc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyHlANm8PjE
my fav songs
>>
That reminds me. I'm playing Flowers right now. I thought the catholic school setting would bother me, but I'm loving it so far.
Is Marimite anything like it?

Don't even know why I'm asking. I'll watch it anyway.
>>
>>2140583

Playing Flowers is like playing a scooby doo Marimite game, so yes. But because it's dated it's just a tad cheesier.
>>
>>2140462
What's wrong with butt touching?
>>
File: mikami_komata shimazu_yoshino.jpg (163KB, 519x780px) Image search: [Google]
mikami_komata shimazu_yoshino.jpg
163KB, 519x780px
>>2140447
Quite the timing, I began to rewatch this some half an hour before you submitted this thread. Just finished with the second episode.

Marimite has stubbornly stuck with me ever since I first saw it in ~2006, spurred on by the badass manly anime reviewer posts of all things. I'm still completely in love with the setting, the music, the atmosphere, the characters etc. down to the smaller aspects of it, such as the iconic, impeccable school uniforms. Marimite is the reason deep green is my favourite colour these days.

I don't even mind that it's barely yuri (though everyone's experience is their own), the notion of a romantic friendship warms my heart all the same.

Never had the opportunity to read the novels, though. Maybe it's high time I found a way to fix that.

https://youtu.be/HIXk82yBcHs
https://youtu.be/X7JMwA6ueuI
>>
>>2140588
>scooby doo Marimite game
Okay, you convinced me to buy Flowers.
>>
>>2140810
Time to fix that: https://baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Maria-sama_ga_Miteru

The anime cut off a few things, especially the fourth season. And the LN delve into Yumi's thoughts more.
>>
File: marimite.jpg (189KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
marimite.jpg
189KB, 1024x768px
>>2142167
Thanks, didn't realize they had been translated. I've been studying japanese for a bit for the express purpose of being able to read manga and novels in their native language in the future. Marimite was always the motivational spearhead for the whole notion.

Wonder if I can get these on a Kindle.
>>
File: 10138671.jpg (234KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
10138671.jpg
234KB, 1000x1000px
S5 never ever.

Fuck Pizza Hot.
>>
Are you all watching glorious onee-sama in 1080p yet?
>>
>>2146070
>pic
Thank God for the OVAs. S4 was shit.
>>
>>2140588
>>2140822
i'm also playing Flowers right now. they have many things in common so it was like Marimite : The VN.

the thing is i'm at chapter 7, my heart will be empty again after few days
>>
File: 1461736480642.gif (443KB, 600x2234px) Image search: [Google]
1461736480642.gif
443KB, 600x2234px
I miss Marimite. Shame they never got to cover Yumi's final year of school.
>>
>>2146095
>>2146117
>>2150417
well, atleast the series are remembered (10th anniversary in 2014) and we got BD release.
>>
One day we'll get the final season we all deserve.

One day.

I really want to rewatch the show
>>
>>2152419

Would a reboot be a bad idea? It hasn't gotten a new season in a while so they should reintroduce the series to non-yuri fans. Either that or a lot of flashbacks.
>>
how many vol. did the anime adapt?
>>
>>2157581
A reboot would be strange since the series was never really about cute girls doing cute things.
>>
>>2158520
about 28, early 29 was where the end was

but the final season gets spotty, trying to fit a lot in to get there
>>
File: 45375_Subtext_122_104lo.jpg (30KB, 510x427px) Image search: [Google]
45375_Subtext_122_104lo.jpg
30KB, 510x427px
>>
I miss this. I stopped watching when Touku entered the scene. Should I even bother? Sachiko/Yumi is my otp to end all otps.
>>
>>2163557
Go ahead and watch it, it's not horrible. Even if you dislike Touko, her acts in the fourth season serve to showcase Yumi's growth quite well. The anime never got as far as the novels, but you do get some hints of Yumi's maturity towards the end (in the novels she eventually gets over her insecurity and figures out the subtle art of manipulating people, essentially doing Youko-like stuff and having Sachiko tightly wrapped around her finger).

Besides, not even Touko is without redemption if you're willing to forgive her bullshit. She's simply troubled and misguided and thinks she's doing the right thing all along. Yumi sets her "straight" in the end in a beautiful way. After a bit of opening up she makes a good, loving little sister.
>>
>there are no translations for the last volumes
I just want to read the end
>>
I feel I've read every good, multichap English Yumi/Sachiko fic. I need to start looking from oldest to newest.

>>2158527

The moe fad died. They wouldn't moeify Marimite.
>>
>>2163557
Touko is so deliciously tsundere and I love her and love her with Yumi.
>>
>>2163578
Kanako should've been her soeur.
>>
>>2152419
It's highly unlikely. The times simply have passed. After the failure of Aoi Hana (and Sasameki Koto, and Yuri Kuma Arashi), publishers will not push serious yuri drama into the market. Not when the normal kind of drama struggle to profit.
>>
>>2163578
>having Sachiko tightly wrapped around her finger
Why didn't they animate this ;_;
>>
Anyone got a link of the live action version with English subs?

Decent videos of the 1st season are hard to find these days and I figured the live action would be a good change of pace...
>>
Does the anime have a satisfying enough end to warrant watching this without going into the source material?
>>
Team Shimako/Sei or Team Shimako/Noriko? I've never been able to deal with Shimako moving on tbqh.
>>
>>2169537
Marimite is a mainstream phenomenon, not a niche yuri titles like the one you mentioned, so it's silly to compare them.

But I agree it's unlikely to have another season. If they intended to, they would have done it years ago.
>>
>>2172012
Yes, if you're willing to invest in Touko's character. I liked season 4 the best, Pizza Hut and all.

>>2172076
Shimako/Noriko. I actually like the thought of Youko finally getting Sei.
>>
File: Youko.gif (45KB, 550x536px) Image search: [Google]
Youko.gif
45KB, 550x536px
>>
>>2172076
I never saw Shimako/Sei as the least bit romantic, so Shimako/Noriko.

>>2172728
But Sei belongs with Yumi.
>>
>>2140447
>10 years
It has been this long?
>>
File: CwkSJYFUoAA7DTd.png orig.png (601KB, 568x778px) Image search: [Google]
CwkSJYFUoAA7DTd.png orig.png
601KB, 568x778px
>>
Is there any reason we can't get a new season?

>>2182845

Yup. Almost twenty for the light novels.
>>
File: Marimite3.jpg (359KB, 556x3396px) Image search: [Google]
Marimite3.jpg
359KB, 556x3396px
>>
What a coincidence I just finished the fourth season today.

Sachiko x Yumi x Toko
>>
>>2185242
>Is there any reason we can't get a new season?

For the same reason you won't get a Girl Friends anime: It's finished and there's no point in making an anime (a glorified ad).
>>
>>2182855
Love it when an imouto holds her onee-sama with her whole bosom.
>>
>>2196811
And not to mention S4 sold a lot poorly compared to the previous seasons

I guess the male otaku were sick of it at the time or there was something much better
>>
>>2140462
They can kiss but butt touching is weird?
>>
>>2169465
No.
>>
I like Yumi x Yoshino
>>
>>2192035
I like this
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.