[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Old thread >>2104818

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 22

File: 1462767994270.jpg (93KB, 500x702px) Image search: [Google]
1462767994270.jpg
93KB, 500x702px
Old thread >>2104818
>>
What's your favorite kind of scene, anons? Fluffy date? Embarrassing confession? Smouldering sexual tension? Dark and gritty action scene?

Personally I'm quite partial to comfy couple scenes in public, not that they're easy to come by. PDA while hanging out with other characters and the like.
>>
File: 4cbdb2b817562bb8407f1ab616cf63c0.jpg (123KB, 1363x893px) Image search: [Google]
4cbdb2b817562bb8407f1ab616cf63c0.jpg
123KB, 1363x893px
>>2135676
Comedic bickering drenched with sexual tension.
>>
>>2135676
Subtext, romance is trash tier.
>>
File: CpY4mdeUEAQX6NR.jpg (152KB, 715x1000px) Image search: [Google]
CpY4mdeUEAQX6NR.jpg
152KB, 715x1000px
>>2135676
A carefree and snuggly day off.
>>
>>2135676
Girl in denial desperately trying to convince herself she's straight scenes
>>
>>2135676
Date in the amusement park.
>>
File: butter-013.png (166KB, 840x1200px) Image search: [Google]
butter-013.png
166KB, 840x1200px
>>2135676
Absolute favorite scene, and this goes for manga/anime in general too, is the moment right before the first kiss/confession.

It's that moment of hesitation filled with doubt and insecurity, turning into hopeful optimism before finally blossoming into wild eyed mutual comprehension and then finally the magic happens.
>>
>>2135676
Angst. Not the 'oh no, I'm gay' kind of angst either. Just scenes where one or both of them are suffering terribly because of complicated feelings or heartbreak, either due to misunderstandings or being cheated on, or perhaps the resignation and despair at the knowledge that one of them will never love the other. Maybe one of them is merely using the other, but the other person goes along with it because it's the closest they can get to being with that person. Yes, I like telenovelas, Citrus, and What Does The Fox Say.

Besides that my other favorite kind of scene is cheerful dates at the amusement park. High five, >>2135826.
>>
>>2135676
Fluffy sex scenes, where the point isn't to get the reader off, but show how much the characters care about each other
>>
>Get a review for an old story when the last time you wrote something was 5 years ago
I'm so sorry.
>>
>>2135676
Friends and family find out scene. Assuming it ends on a positive note.
>>
>>2136259
I still get notifications for a fic I abandoned 10 years ago.
>>
>>2136259
Just be happy you managed to create something that at least someone cares about five years later.
>>
>>2136259

Same here, for me it's even worse since it's a Chapter 1
>>
>>2136259
You ever think about going back and finishing it? Not necessarily with a great ending, but writing one last chapter to give the story closure, like what Bleach did?
>>
>>2107349
Not anymore
>>
>>2135681

Anything on these two?
>>
>>2138340
You mean fics?
>>
>>2138340
>>2138475
Considering we are indeed in the fanfic thread, that sounds likely.
I don't know of any RinxLuvia however. It's basically non-existent as a ship in general.
>>
>>2138510
http://archiveofourown.org/works/7247077/chapters/16453828
http://archiveofourown.org/works/7247077/chapters/16453828
Here you go. There's also one more pastebin fic that I don't have the link for. If you've got any ideas for more, I'd love to hear them.
>>
File: Make Out Session.jpg (744KB, 998x965px) Image search: [Google]
Make Out Session.jpg
744KB, 998x965px
Got any good fanfiction ? Slice of life, no tragedy, and no need to know the original work ?
>>
>>2135676
Fluffy date and/or sex

Like that other anon said, now just to get off but to show how much they care and love each other
>>
>>2135676
That moment when a seemingly insurmountable problem is revealed to be not so scary. Because of communication, a fresh perspective, random chance (though I'd rather it not), or simply because one character is panicky and is shown wherein lies the error of her reasonings.
Feels like getting a long block in tetris.
>>
>>2138512
http://pastebin.com/uQzbAxJ8
Here you go. Too good not to share.
>>
>>2138510
>It's basically non-existent as a ship in general.

Despite the official art, the endless sexual tension and the fact that one of the two has canonically had sex with girls before and liked it?
>>
File: 58705325_p0.jpg (151KB, 877x1240px) Image search: [Google]
58705325_p0.jpg
151KB, 877x1240px
>>2138972
We're shit out of luck when it comes to Fate yuri in general, but Luvia/Rin is the worst of it all. I don't even need to squint my eyes to see what's going on when they're tearing the clothes off each other and Luvia is paying Rin to keep her around in a maid dress.
>>
>>2138512
>>2138886
Those were great. Thank you.
>>
>>2135869
>>2135676
I was going to say that one too. When the romance and pining and yearning has been carefully built up and you're so invested in the PoV character and them being happy and then...!

Speaking of which, I don't know too much about Kantai Collection, to be honest, it sounds weird as fuck for reasons far beyond simply anthropomorphizing battle ships, but given the situation they're from...well. But anyway, this doujin for the pair I like by the artist I like came out a few days ago. Read until at least page 31.
>>
>>2138676
I've fallen down a Clexa hole lately, so...that's what I got.

These are all AUs, don't need to know anything about the source material:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/7449658/chapters/16926958 - the angstiest of these, which is not much. It says one of the characters is on the autism spectrum, but it barely manifests in the fic...which I guess is nice in that it doesn't caricaturize it? The characters are about to be step-sisters and hate each other at first. Very guilty pleasure turning into something more kinda thing.
http://archiveofourown.org/works/6991291/chapters/15931504 - Really funny.
http://archiveofourown.org/works/5813827 - I'm not entirely sure of this one, but it's lengthy and can at times be quite nice? There are some interesting moments here and there.
http://archiveofourown.org/works/6092215/chapters/13964083 (finished, only epilogue left) - Super duper fluff.
Short stories all by the same author: http://archiveofourown.org/works/6757333/chapters/15443011 and http://archiveofourown.org/works/6477583/chapters/14827669 and http://archiveofourown.org/works/7113862 - All fluffy
http://archiveofourown.org/works/7627879/chapters/17365525 - Kind of an odd premise, but hilarious.
>>
>>2139810
Thank you very much
>>
>>2139922
Oh, and some of the fics will reference the rest of the show's characters. The ones that show up the most and the only ones that you need to care about are these: http://65.media.tumblr.com/59a8d86d633b1da8e6579cc41fe6c595/tumblr_o5qsmtySb81ueyvsdo1_r6_1280.png
(It was the only result I could find with all six of them)
From top left to bottom left, they are: Raven, Lincoln, Octavia, Clarke, Lexa, and Anya.
>>
Some author had said they would cancel their story, then they changed their mind, but now they decided to cancel it again. Well shit.
>>
>>2140620
There is no greater sin than cancelling your story TWO TIMES.
>>
>>2140660
What about
>hype your story on /u/ saying it's gonna turn gay
>post an update
>disappear for 8 months and counting
>>
>>2140756
I'd say as expected for anything longer than 200k words and the fandom.
Bloody Sakino author.
>>
File: 8dd.png (806KB, 1300x417px) Image search: [Google]
8dd.png
806KB, 1300x417px
>See a fic tagged f/f in description
>AN: Yeah, no, it's actually a poly fic with male characters too, but the primary romantic relationship is FF
Holy shit, can you be even more tumblr?
>>
>>2141791
What is every Ao3 fic in a big fandom?
>>
>>2141798
Shit?
>>
>>2141800
No what anon was saying. Polyfics where the sapphism is supposedly the main focus but jk, it's in the background since the author gets wet over false advertising and bait-n-switches.
Also the ever popular:
>"It's a f/f fic except halfway through where the author wants supporting characters to spend more time than the mcs getting together while being male"
>>
>>2141818

AO3 was a mistake.
>>
>>2141791
It seems most of my fandoms don't have these poly/trans/ snowflake shit (or the Alpha/Omega thing). However they suffer from the occasional futa and a lot of gary-stu self inserts, so I'm not sure if it's any better.
>>
>>2141791
>>2141798
>>2141818
>>2141913
>>2142041
What if it is a poly relationship between 3 girls? I know of one fic that has a really good one
>>
>>2142093
I can't stomach that crap regardless of the participants' sexes.
>>
>>2142104
It is not always crap is what I am getting at
>>
>>2142112
What if it's the concept that repulses me?
>>
>>2142138
If you think the concept repulses you, you simply had too much exposure to bad examples, or only exposure to bad examples, or you were taught to find it repulsive by other people, leading to this repulsion in the first place. That is how it works in general.
>>
>>2142139
Not really. I just think it's some dumb hippie free-love bullshit that doesn't really work and can't suspend my disbelief high enough.
>>
>>2142140
Like I said, bad examples
It takes some really specific personality types for it to work and the one example I mentioned has those, which is why it works.
>>
>>2142093
>I know of one fic

So post it. I want my OT3. DO IT.
>>
>>2142247
I would rather not else the thread goes into a shitstorm. A long time ago people got so mad over the fic taking over the thread when it updated that they made the posters go to the precure general instead.
It is one of Kuugen's fics
The OT3 is Cure Peach, Cure Passion and Cure Beat. It helps that Peach is almost inhumanly understanding and Passion and Beat have extremely similar backstories
>>
>>2142250
I don't think it will.
I mean I'm the anon from above who hates ot3s, and I have nothing against you posting it here. It only gets annoying when people can't shut up about how great thing XYZ is and take over the thread with the circle-schlick.
>>
>>2142253
It's more that the fic had chapters of like 30000 word length so people discussed things and relationships at length and it ate up like 50 posts over 2 days so other people got mighty pissed
It didn't help that the author and one fan started doing actual info charts to keep track of everything and those were posted too.
But sure, here you go
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7427817/1/Dissonance
The OT3 doesn't happen for a while and there are 30 characters total that all have somewhat equal screen time. I was absolutely lost before I went and read up on a precure wiki about who some of the characters were, I only got into it from heartcatch and on.
>>
>>2142104
So, you never watched Yuyushiki?
>>
I don't get the issue, desu. If they warn you up front, then don't read it? People are going to write weird shit, as long as they're not tricking me into reading it, whatever.
>>
>>2142256
Well given the death of fanfic threads afterwards, it was clearly a pointless complaint.

Not that I'm above the same thing (constant Vocaloidposting was annoying to me for example), but at this point people might as well realize that a handful of people gobbling up 50 posts in a day about one series isn't depriving any other series of their posts, however shit taste they might have. People just don't post about other stuff either way, as the past year+ of threads is evidence of.
>>
>>2142661
Both her big fics are from fandoms that have their own generals so I don't think it will ever become a problem again
>>
>>2142666
It seems people on the nep general sometimes complain when people talk too much about fanfics
>>
>>2142661
>the death of fanfic threads

I miss the heydays of fanfic threads. Sure it was mostly about one fandom and didn't even last all that long, but boy was it fun get your creative juices flowing and share countless ideas that never got written
>>
>>2143709
Back in the day there was far more than one series being discussed. Vocaloid times were still pretty slow compared to when there was plenty of discussion around Inter Nos, various HP fanfics, there was still regular MariMite and Nanoha fics being written, etc - and smaller series could get fics discussed as well.
>>
>>2143709
I kind of prefer them now, but that might be because I'm not really interested in Vocaloids or anime. The more recent threads have been a lot more western oriented.
>>
>>2143834
The threads weren't that fast until the V days
>>
>>2144044
There were a few threads that quickly filled with vocaloid discussion, but overall I wouldn't say that time was notably faster than the older stuff - it did however come after another period of slow threads and was definitely a lot more active compared to that.
>>
Who are the oldest still updating /u/ fanfic authors? I only started coming to these threads in 2011 so I don't know of anything before that.
>>
>>2144070
well I'm not a frequent poster, but I've done a growing series of Tinkerbell stories, based on the movies, with the main pairings being Tink/Vidia, Tink/Peri, Peri/Gliss/Spike

Of the 5 stories, 11 chapters total, it's primarily yuri and masturbation, with anal (Tink), squirting and watersports (Peri and Gliss)/pee-drinking (Gliss) being secondary, though one scene in the second story of the series features a brief assault and near rape of Tinkerbell by a male fairy, who get's severely punished afterwords.

My most recent addition to the series has Periwinkle and Gliss teaming up on Spike, who likes being dominate and in control, to give her a taste of it, which she's very much against and ends in Periwinkle raping her, though Periwinkle doesn't come out of it unpunished.

I'm currently working on another entree, staring a Zarina/Silvermist pairing for the main event of the story, however, aside from yuri, it's secondary theme is futa, magic-induced futa, to be more exact thanks to Zarina and is planned to involve a ridiculous amount of a particular liquid. So, I don't think it will appeal to a lot of people here, but better to let everyone know so there's no surprises if you start reading the series and like it.

If you'd like to check the series out, here's a link to the first story: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11302067/1/Tinkering-Tink

The order of the series goes as such:
Tinkering Tink
Where Fairies (also) Come From (1,2,3)
Teaching Tink: The Mystery of the Queen
Teaching Tink: The Benefits of Sister's
Teaching Tink: Show and Tell
Teaching Peri (1,2)
The Binds of Sister's (1,2)
>>
>Alternate Universe - No Powers

This and anything like it are the worst tags in existence for things that still pass muster for being /u/ fics.
>>
>>2145262
no powers huh???
>>
Kuugen made a Patron and offers the chance for top tier pledger dudes to ask her to write anything
I really want Hear my Song to be rebooted but 50$ a month is pretty steep yo
>>
>>2146203
It's the 'just in case I got a millionaire/desperate reader' tier.

To be honest I was never a huge fan of Kuugen, much less the series she writes for, and I'm kinda surprised she's starting a Patreon now when the only fic she's updating is Overheat. Putting my bias aside, Neptunia yuri fics really don't seem all that popular and she hasn't written in any other notable fandom for over a year. I'd be really surprised if she gets a decent amount of money being basically only exposed to Neptunia fans.
>>
>>2146217
I don't think she is starting one because she wants to. Also word is Dissonance will return soon.
I might get in on the 5$ one just to keep suggesting vocaloid every month. Or maybe Aikatsu.
>>
>>2146203
I thought one of the points of fanfiction was that they should be free. Otherwise, isn't it like you are making money out of someone else's idea (at least stealing the characters)?
>>
>>2146310
She still posts the fics available for everyone to see, so they are free
She's collecting money so she doesn't hafta work day and night on original stuff to make ends meet.
It's basically donations to buy her a breather so she can work on fanfics.
>>
>>2146217
>Neptunia yuri fics really don't seem all that popular
Because there aren't many, 99% of Neptunia fics are gary-stu self insert fics.
>>
Hello, onee-samas! I really need help finding this old Blood+ fanfic from around 2005-2008(?) called "Bonds Stronger than Blood" by that-fan. I've tried using the Wayback Machine but it only gives me a picture to the website rather than the actual link to the chapters. The author deleted every trace of it. :(
>>
>>2146217
>'d be really surprised if she gets a decent amount of money being basically only exposed to Neptunia fans.
Same here, but she does at least already have 63 dollars, so that's not bad at all given how soon it launched.
>>
>>2146312
That's fair, but unless the Neptunia fandom has an unusually large disparity between the number of /u/ writers and /u/ readers - which there doesn't seem to be glancing at the review and follow/fav numbers of the bigger yuri fics I saw on ff.net - that only really reinforces my point. While I definitely see the yuri potential in Neptunia, in practice it seems to have a relatively modest fanbase overall, and one dominated by generic waifu-fags rather than /u/ fans. At the very least where fanfiction is concerned.

Well, good luck to her though.
>>
>>2146345
>>2146217
>>2146370
With the perks badgers get, she'll put out non-neptunia stuff which then people become interested in and might badge for to get continued
She also has a light novel coming out and she has been writing original stuff for 10 years or something like that iirc. Not sure about the LN actually, last I heard her artist went MIA
>>
>>2146370
I wonder if the waifu faggotry scares the /u/ readers away. Like I said before, in FF.net some people don't tag their self insert shit with "OC", so that shit gets mixed with the yuri fics. It was a shock for me when I first visited it. Before Neptunia, my main fandom was Akuma no Riddle and it doesn't have many self insert fics, it's mostly yuri fics.
>>
>>2146383
Pretty sure having 2 Verts in her Neptunia fic makes one of them an OC
Same with this teenage Yellow Heart and grown up Iris Heart and teenage Ram
Basically as soon as you change physical attributes or names, it's OC
>>
So ladies, what fandom have you found /u/ stuff in despite never in the million years expecting to see any?

were any of them any good?
>>
Anyone know of any good vampire fics? Particularly ones with an emphasis on the blood-drinking and uncontrollable desire for it?

Have a couple of examples of great vamp AU fics that are kind what I'm looking for:
lightning/fang: http://archiveofourown.org/works/1061257
anna/elsa: http://archiveofourown.org/works/2543570/chapters/5654780

Thanks all..
>>
>>2146456
There are 2 actual OCs, she invented 2 sisters for Vert, Natal and Windy. But at least they only appear late in the story, for a good chunk of the story they don't exist yet.

While the other stories start like "this special boy was playing Neptunia and got sucked into the game, check out what happens!".
>>
>>2146658
Those Vert sisters appear in a dream world of Vert's in VII but yes she gave them actual personalities.
The nepgear age looking one is a tease like Ram, the tiny one is more refined and quiet, both of those are derived from Vert's.
I mean, yes, they are definitely OCs but at least she tried to minimize it
>>
>>2146456
>Pretty sure having 2 Verts in her Neptunia fic makes one of them an OC
How? Two Verts exist in the series and both exist at the same time. Does The Proposal count as using OCs just because Ultra Vert is talking with Hyper Vert? The only reason Kuugen gave her the name Zelena was to easier differentiate the two for readers.
>>
>>2146798
I thought those "sisters" were just younger versions of Vert, that meant that she wants to spoil people, but she also wants someone to spoil her. Both of those girls names were Vert.

We all know Vert wants a little sister. but I think the Heart Dimension dream was a little more than that.

But yeah, that minimizes a bit the OC thing, but I wonder if it was necessary. The cast is kinda bloated.
>>
>>2146934
That's how the game handles it
Overheat imo separates them into the younger sister that wants to be spoiled / act up being Windy, and the older sister that is more mature being Natal despite their looks being swapped around for good measure
I get Windy is a reference to winblows but what is Natal referencing? Like, the name Natalia?
>>
>>2146940
I thought Windy was Windows (the operation system)?
>>
>>2146947
Winblows is what I call Windows (the OS) because it keeps doing stupid shit and having stupid updates
The only other microsoft thing beside windows and xbox I know of is the microsoft phone and that doesn't seem relevant to Natal at all
>>
>>2146951
I think it was explained in the story that it was the code name or similar to the code name of the Kinect before it officially was announced. I know it is some reference to Microsoft though in some way.
>>
>>2146972
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinect
>Kinect (codenamed Project Natal during development)
>Natal observes, listens and draws as her main thing
Wow do I feel fucking stupid now
>>
>>2146632
>Vampire fics.
>Ever.
Even yuri won't make me read.
>>
>>2146980
Yeah, vampires suck. Werewolves for the win! We need more lesbian werewolves (without the ABO shit)
>>
>>2146992
Nah, we need more time travelling lesbians.
>Last good time travel fic I read: Updated: Dec 3, 2014
It hurts.
>>
>>2146203
Oh goddamn, I remember a few years ago I made a joke Kickstartrt picture with whatsherface's name and a Rondo of the Sun and Moon picture for shits and giggles

Now we actually have people trying to make moola off fanfics. What a time to be alive.

>>2146217
I tried so hard with Hear My Song and got so far, but in the end I just couldnt like the story for reasons, too many reaons to list.

Tried to like Voice in the void, was that the name? But the firefight at the start dragged on too long and I got burned out just from it.

I wish Vocaloid would come back. Luka and Miku are just too easy to like. Didnt we have that one anon who wrote that club shot that was pretty hot?
>>
>>2147205
>Now we actually have people trying to make moola off fanfics
Except she doesn't?
You bsly donate so she doesn't have to work non-stop on publish stuff and has time to write fanfic but you don't actly pay for any fanfics uless you are in the 50 bucks tier and you get 10,000 words a month of your choic.
And w/e fanfic she writs is still frree
>>
>>2147214

Hence the word "trying"
>>
>>2147214
>bsly
The fuck is this? In fact, what the hell is up with your entire post? Do it again with english this time you esl lover
>>
>>2147218
>bsly
basically
I am lazy so I just leave out letters you can still totally read it. This isn't oxford.
>>2147217
That's not "trying" to make mny o fanfics either. shes got a few patrons and one guy in the 50$ tier which isnt that surprising really, we dont have that many profilic /u/ fanfic writs that just keep n writin for like a decade
>>
>>2147227
That's exactly what the word trying means, and who the hell just randomly leaves one or two letters out of words. If you're going to take the shortcut, go all the way.

With that said, Kungen? Prolific? I feel like these days fanfics in general just arent a glamorous and involved as they used to be. This is probably getting too nostalgic, but in the early 2000's, fanfic community actually felt like communities.

Now it's just everyone chasing their own little fandoms and getting a fix here or there. It's no longer an involved affair.
>>
>>2147230
Kuugen is definitely up there with the big /u/ fanfic writers, just for time spent writing and volume to start with.
Trying to make money off fanfics would imply the fanfics are a paid product when they are available for everyone regardless. The way things are now people are basically donating some money so she can free up time for other stuff. It's a donation, not a payment. And if I enjoy her content enough, why would I not donate to her? Do you think that because it's fanfic there is no effort involved and it magically appears?
>>
>>2147205

Are you talking about my clubshot where Miku and Luka let off four years of sexual tension after a record company party? Because that was like two years ago now.

I was working on some new Miku/Luka but I don't have time to finish anything. I started a good four or five story ideas in vocaloid, Nanoha, and Symphogear, but never got too far. The closest to complete is a smut where Miku and Luka try to subtly get each other off while filming a music video. I might finish it one day.

I've been wanting to write a New Game one shot. Has anyone written any Ko/Rin fics yet?
>>
>>2147299
>I was working on some new Miku/Luka but I don't have time to finish anything.
And this here is why I give to Patreon because this is the main reason most of our writefags disappear. Jobs. Paying bills. Having hobbies that are not more work.

Also, I haven't seen anything noteworthy from New Game
>>
>>2147299

To add to this, I saw Magnet live in Toronto this year and that was such an emotional moment for me. It really felt like a capstone to all the time and effort I invested into Miku and Luka. I cried.

Since then, I surprisingly haven't felt a huge desire to pursue the ship like I used to. It's almost like it's always there for me now and I was able to realize it in person. Maybe others feel like I do and that's why the flow of Vocaloid has died down even more in these last few months.

To put into perspective how much Vocaloid has slowed, I posted a Nanoha and a Vocaloid fic on the same day earlier in the year. The Nanoha fic got more views and I didn't post it here.
>>
>>2147205
>Didnt we have that one anon who wrote that club shot that was pretty hot?
Do you mean this? I wrote this a while back:
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11839571/1/Ink-Lines

I wish Vocaloid would come back too. I haven't gotten into any sort of fandom since. Really miss the infectious creativity that was all the rage years ago.
>>
>>2144636
This was nice anon, thanks for posting
>>
>>2147393
>Really miss the infectious creativity that was all the rage years ago

All it takes is someone to start the spark before the fire rises
>>
>>2147474
I (and some other people, I remember) tried a few times but nothing's catching the spark. Vocaloid's done for.
>>
>>2147474
Donate 5 or 10 bucks and get Kuugen started if you want it so much. And don't give me that shit about not wanting to pay for fanfics, I see this whining about "muh vocaloid renaissance" every other thread and nothing happens.
>>
>>2147480
>implying that Kuugen updating Hear My Song would restart the Vocaloid renaissance
You're hilarious.
>>
>>2147482
Make her write a new Vocaloid thing then. Dude, this isn't rocket science.
Hear my Song was one of the most popular /u/ vocaloid fics around and she's got a lot more practice since then. I have other fandoms I want to see stuff from like Aikatsu and Ange Vierge.
>>
>>2147479
When you really think about it, even the Vocaloid was at its peak, how many completed fics came out of it? The discussion was bigger than end results.

>>2147480

Isnt patreon a monthly thing? I dont think I want to pay monthly subscription for this.
>>
>>2147494
>The discussion was bigger than end results
All fandons are like this ;_;
>>
What happened to that Mad Max-ish Luka x Miku idea? And the Love is War idea?
>>
>>2147493
I highly doubt that Kuugen writing another Vocaloid story would restart anything, to be completely honest. People tend to largely overestimate the influence of fanfic writers.

For example, take y8ay8a. She was the biggest Vocaloid fanfic writer. Ever. On&on was a huge deal.

Recently she came back. Wrote a RWBY fic. The fic, and her return, didn't get much attention despite RWBY being a big deal (and a lot of ex-Vocaloid fans migrating over to RWBY), even on /u/.

>>2147494
>how many completed fics came out of it?
While there weren't all that many completed fics, there were a lot of fics in progress.

Let's not underestimate things - there were definitely fics that were completed. To name a few:

> Cellphones by Fliers
> Of Common Blood/Postage! by Gray Voice
> Next On/Libretto/Serenata by Nuclear Eggs

This isn't including the numerous one-shots put out during the time period as well.
>>
>>2147494
Obviously don't give her money if you don't read her other stuff. I really enjoy her fics but that would be silly.

>>2147505
It wouldn't make other people suddenly pick up vocaloid again but it would at least produce one /u/ vocaloid story worth reading.
>>
File: 54976489_p0.jpg (378KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
54976489_p0.jpg
378KB, 800x800px
>>2147505
Cellphone was already more or less done when the Vocaloid craze started. Nuclear Egg's rampage, Of Common Blood and a couple of one shots here and there were amazing, but the other "big" stories all went on hiatus.

The village doctor one, the weird club one, the weirder music school one, the weird kungen/fliers collab one, that marry sue vampire luka one, I know I'm being intentionally vague. Then there are the ideas that were thrown out that never got written: normal/poorfags, traffic controller, more vampire/demon hunter/supernatural shit, other stories inspired by Rondo, coffee shop AUs, etc

Come to think of it. When was all that again? 2013?
>>
>>2147524
From what I remember the Kuugen collab one was kill because the other writer didn't have the time and it was Eggs, not fillers.
>>
>>2147524
>tfw I know exactly what stories these are, except that it was Kuugen/Eggs instead of Kuugen/Fliers, and remember exactly what these thrown out ideas are too

Yeah, I think it was 2012 - 2013. That was the renaissance.
>>
File: 147233566504.jpg (596KB, 1000x920px) Image search: [Google]
147233566504.jpg
596KB, 1000x920px
>>2147530
People need to plan out stories more efficiently with a clear end in sight, especially if you're older and can't crank out 10+ chapters like a bored student during winter break.

One shots, two shots, or damn, three chapters if you're feeling adventurous. Maybe five if you're really in a productive mood and love the couple to death. Then call it a wrap.

>>2147537
I so wanted to write some of those. I remember practically daydreaming while driving, for days and listening to Vocaloid songs. Then one day, without me really realizing it, it just all kind went away. Didn't spend all day thinking about them, Magnet didn't sound as heartpounding as it did, and everyone else seemed to have mostly stopped talking about them too. Life just sort of went on.
>>
>>2147543
>like a bored student during winter break
That's probably why a lot of the Vocaloid writers disappeared. I think most of them were in college, and I suppose now that it's 4 years later, they're all graduated and have real jobs.

>I so wanted to write some of those.
Same here. I used to listen to songs and ideas would pop into my head. Then all of a sudden, it disappeared, and nothing has really replaced it.
>>
>>2146624
Dune. I even brought the fic here to rec, it was so unexpected and good. But then, Yuletide always brings out the weird stuff. There was a fic (though not as good) for this: http://mashable.com/2015/07/30/find-the-girls-on-the-negatives/#zqsF.8_uViqp
>>
>>2147551
>>2147543
>People need to plan out stories more efficiently with a clear end in sight
>like a bored student during winter break

This is why I think Kuugen never dropped out. From what I remember from twitter, she had a job as a writer before fanfics and iirc she started fanfics in the first place to get some English writing experience.
I only know a handful of /u/ fanfic writers who have been going at it for over 6 years
>>
>>2147573

And yaya was a truck driver
>>
>>2147543
A fanfic I like got canceled because the author didn't plan it properly, he didn't even know how to end and didn't know most of the middle of the story.
>>
>>2147584
She stopped once she got her license iirc, right?
>>
I wrote a sequel to an earlier oneshot that I hadn't initially intended to continue. Should I add it as an extra chapter or publish it as a new work in a series? I'm using AO3.
>>
>>2147505
Well the thing is, that's why the idea of 'big' /u/ authors seems silly to me - most fanfic authors people really like are only known for writing in one series, and people who aren't interested in fics for that series - which at any point is likely to be the majority of people in this thread - will have no fucking clue who they are. And frankly, even though I like several authors who'd probably be put in this category - like ethnewinter for example, RIP Inter Nos - frankly none of them were so good at writing that you should expect them to make waves in a new fandom, at least one the size of RWBY or whatever. The Vocaloid yuri fandom was a magnitude smaller, and y8ay8a really stood apart not due to more amazing writing than other prolific Vocaloid writers but rather due to her particular take on Miku/Luka. It's hardly weird that, divorced from that specific fic, in a bigger pool, she failed to make waves. And this fully applies to any 'big' /u/ author that could be listed here. Frankly, most would be one-fic wonders.
>>
>>2147763
>in a bigger pool, she failed to make waves

What?
>>
>>2147585
Sounds like one of my fics where I like a setting and get started with just that until 5-7 chapters in I realize I have no idea what to do with it because I didn't actually think of a story arc before starting.
8 years later and now I struggle with deciding if I should just delete it and spare people the trouble.
>>
>>2147782
She had an RWBY fic that no one cared about.
>>
>>2147762
Depends on how long it is. If it's just another chapter, add it to the first one. Anything longer deserves its own fic
>>
File: 567567657.png (105KB, 222x379px) Image search: [Google]
567567657.png
105KB, 222x379px
>reading random fanfic
>1st chapter and the narrator says my favorite character died before the story took place

I felt like throwing my phone against the wall.
>>
>>2147299
>Has anyone written any Ko/Rin fics yet?
Two. Better do some Hifumi/Aoba, we kinda need that.
>>
>>2147795

Oh, link?
>>
>>2148082
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/12152566/1/Brighter
>>
>>2148099
Wait, September 17? That's fucking last week
>>
>>2148126
Yeah...you'd think it'd be brought up sooner by the active RWBY thread.
>>
>>2148149
RWBY threads are mostly younger anons
>>
Anybody interested in beta reading Luvia/Rin trash?
>>
>>2148459
Just pastebin it here. We'll all beta read.
>>
>>2148491
But if I do that, I might as well publish right away.
>>
>>2148496
This would still be a very limited audience. Still, your choice, obviously.
>>
>>2148503
Well, I'd prefer having someone to work a bit closer with.
>>
>>2148506
Ara ara~
I'd offer but I'm a procrastinator at heart and don't like reading under time-pressure.
>>
>>2148506

Why, you'd want to chat daily or soemthing?
>>
Is there any quest stories that contains yuri on other sites?
I mean I been reading lot of quests and stories on SV and SB.
>>
>>2149056
http://anonkun.com/yuri
Descendant of a Demon Lord seems to be most popular
Lots of fetish stuff
Dan Kim has a comedy quest running and he's a notorious yurifag so
>>
>>2149006
Not exactly chat, but I'd prefer having the chance to discuss ideas, changes and improvements discreetly and in detail.
>>
>>2149056
Are there any good yuri quests on those sites?
>>
>>2149185
Yep all are yuri or heading towards that direction. Just a note there are OCs as main characters.

Here's the story only thread (can check out the quests later):
PMMM base: Just a note, the stories quite long.

https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/puella-magi-adfligo-systema-story-only.9091/
They're pretty much a couple and there are other cute yuri relationships. I love bestbuddy.

https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/puella-magi-memento-mori-pmmm-quest-story-only-thread.26451/
Uncle's evil shipping for Tamimoe

https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/sayakaquest-story-only-thread.9401/
Don't really like Sayaka but its one of the few completed quest.

https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/tummy-turmoil-a-hitomi-quest-pmmm-story-only-thread.14781/
Interesting yuri relationships and its very mysterious

Here's the quests:

https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/hyperdimension-rising.19986/
Dead fallout style quest but now rebooted as Hyperdimension Rising: Re;Birth. Everyone is planning on redoing Nowa and Nep OTP.

https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/puella-magi-imperatrix-mundi-or-wherein-half-of-japan-tries-to-kill-you.25892/
The future empress loves yuri harems.

https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/space-ninjas-mages-and-highschool-girls-warframe-negima.6327/
Those two are sickening

https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/covered-in-blood-and-surrounded-by-spirits-hellsing-ck2-organization-quest.20067/
The badass shrine maiden and the sweet Kami

https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/jinx-quest-league-of-legends-batman-arkham-verse.24209/
For once Jinx acquires a normal girlfriend.
>>
>>2149274
That's quite a few. I'll have to check them out.
>>
>>2149281
Would be interested in hearing your opinion when you finished.
>>
>>2149056
what the hell are quests?
>>
>>2149964
Quests are stories where majority vote on the decisions of the character they control as writer updates to reflect the results.
Anything can happen from boring slice of life to nail biting life or death situation.

Check it out its interesting and you would get it.
>>
>>2149078
>Dan Kim

Which quest?
>>
>>2149296
Well I wouldn't hold out hope of me finishing any time soon. Got things to do! I did look at the bottom four though, had no interest in the Jinx one and the next two were really not my kinda thing so I didn't look at more than the first post. The Madoka one was pretty fun even if the protag is just slightly overpowered, so of course it's gone on hiatus...twice.
>>
What exactly makes AO3 better than fanfiction net? I saw one of my favorite writers make the switch a few weeks ago.
>>
>>2150611
I think the interface is much better and the tagging system is nice, except for the retards who use 100+ tags for a story.
>>
>>2150617
The interface for writers or readers? Because for readers the white background hurts my eyes like hell.
>>
>>2150618
Both. It's much easier to look for works you want through the tagging system and the layout for browsing is much nicer. I admit I'd like to have the options for a dark background and page width.
>>
>>2150619
I never really look for new stories anymore, I just ask /u/ nowadays
Tagging is only going to be useful if people actually tag their shit and most of the time OC or self-insert shit is not tagged as such in my experience.
>>
>>2150620
The tagging system is still better than relying on vague summaries on FF. AO3 is just a lot nicer to browse overall.
>>
>>2150617
>the tagging system is nice, except for the retards who use 100+ tags for a story.
It's not like even that causes problems, since the most relevant tags come first.
>>
>>2150629
Yeah but it still clutters up the page.
>>
>>2150611
AO3 has tags for individual characters, relationships, and situations. You can search multiple sources at once, or go as specific as you'd like. It's really hard to find decent yuri on FF.net, since nothing is ever tagged
>>
>>2150640
I mostly just go by specific authors check what authors they like and it usually is one big chain of yuri exclusive people
What doesn't help is that most writers, especially yuri, seem to just fall off the planet after a couple years.
The tagging seems kind of arbitrary but when browsing the fandom in general it does help.

But when http://archiveofourown.org/works/8148484/chapters/18674335 your entire screen is just tags because the thing has a trillion characters and thus half a trillion relationships
Then I think it becomes pointless because no matter what you look for you can basically guarantee that is gonna shop up in the results.
>>
>>2150642
>What doesn't help is that most writers, especially yuri, seem to just fall off the planet after a couple years.

Yuri is just a phase, after all.
>>
>>2150618
>>2150618
You can change the theme in options.
>>
>>2150642
Stories with enormous casts like that are rare. It doesn't meaningfully hurt the system.
>>
>>2150678
Free time is just a phase would be more accurate.
>>2150730
Where? And I have to make an account for that I guess?
>>
>>2150994
>Where
Preferences/Skins.
And yes. Seems there's a queue for that.
>>
>>2150730
shit i've been using ao3 for years and never bothered to even look for that feature. thanks for the QoL improvement, anon.

>>2150642
i really like the tagging system for ao3, but they need to figure out a way to reduce the clutter. it's the biggest problem i have with their interface. on the bright side, excessive tags are a tip a story will be shit.

you have the option to hide additional tags with an account but it doesn't help the worst offenders that find a need to tag every single character, extensive crossovers, or the giant multi-fandom drabble aggregates.

>>2150782
depends on the fandom, i find.

>>2150994
>>2151274
wait shouldn't be too bad, i got my account in less than a week.
>>
>>2150678
Dad, is that you?
>>
>>2151527
>excessive tags are a tip a story will be shit.
That sounds like absolute nonsense
>>
>>2151739

That makes perfect sense. It tells you the exact type of people writing/reading it.
>>
>>2151740
If a story has a big cast I don't see how that says anything about the readers or the story itself other than "it has a big cast"
Are you saying Legend of Galactic Heroes is shit because it has a big ass cast?
>>
>>2151744
It's just that sometimes some characters don't even appear that much and they are tagged anyway. I think if the character will barely have any screentime, there is no need to tag it.
>>
>>2151753
In shorter stories that will apply but if you look at something with half a million words which translates to something like 2000 pages of paperback, yeah
They encourage tagging so much, can you blame people when they tag everything they think is relevant because apparently tagging is the primary way to search for things?
>>
>>2151758
Excessive tagging doesn't really bother me if it's about characters. Like in a drablle or ficlet collection of sorts that don't justify a whole fic by itself if it's only, say, 500 words.

It's when the authors tag shit like "puns, cooking, fourth wall breaking, etc." or even straight up talking/commentary in the tags. That's what the fucking Notes section at the beginning or end of the fic is for. None of that should be important enough to stretch the page for no reason.
>>
>>2151792
I saw an old fic earlier that had "Too many spoilers here" as one of 2 tags in the relationship section
I mean, I know the fic and it is true but doesn't that defeat the purpose of tagging relationships at all?
>>
>>2151739
If anything, the fic should be better because they also managed to write a separate story with tags. The talent!
>>
You girls should always save your favorite fics in your computer. You never know when the author will go mad and delete it or if they will get hacked or if the site it is on will go to shit.
>>
>>2155397
But what if the story is big?
>>
>>2155477
>text files
>big
>>
>>2155397
I've learned my lesson a while ago.
>>
>>2155397
As long as they're complete. Sure.
>>
>>2155477
Then you use this site or something similar, it downloads everything to you

http://ficsave.xyz/

and this >>2155502
>>
>>2155579
>not using Calibre
>>
>>2155397
The worst thing is running through your bookmarks and seeing that something was deleted, not knowing what it was.
>>
>read over 100k word fan fic
>abandonded
>>
>>2155527
I actually save fics that are not finished. Sometimes I just like them a lot even if they will never be finished.
>>
>>2155762
you think is bad?
I thought that one 500k word precure fanfic was abandoned until days ago
>>
>>2156017
not really but most of the 100k+ fics i read do end up abandoned
>>
>>2156247
>100k

Man what the fuck.

The only time I tried to write, I cranked out a 7k chapter 1 and the amount of work went into it felt immense. 100k is hilariously long, your characters would be literally going on campaigns.
>>
>>2157606
Longest precure yuri fic: 650k words, 5 years old
Longest neptunia yuri fic: 500k words, 3 years old
Both by the same author, too, so 1150k words
And they are both still going. The precure fic was on hiatus for like 2 or 3 years
100k words seems like a lot but you read that fairly quickly
>>
>>2157692
I think it really depends on the writer. If you're the perfectionist type that puts a ton of thought into each word, yeah, you're never going to get a lot. But if you're the kind that can just churn out paragraphs upon paragraphs just describing things and with dialogue, then there you go.
>>
>>2159066
It's easy to check for padding if you start to summarize shit. I sometimes go back and try to summarize a chapter to see how much of it was just fluff.
>>
>>2159066
It helps to churn out paragraphs and then agonize over every word. That puts the majority of time in the editing phase but it allows length and quality.
>>
Anyone ever been harassed by a single reviewer? I don't mind criticism--it helps me make my stories better--but this particular person hates the character that is my protagonist. (Don't know why he'd read a story with that character as a protagonist.) Seems like his dislike is personal. No reason why someone would read every story available and then write a nasty (non-constructive) review on each.

Anyway, has anyone need in that situation? Just ignore the troll until he finds something else to be angry about? Any other advice?
>>
>>2159268
Ignoring him will just make other reviewers try to argue with him, possibly even in the review section, so more reviews for you
>>
is there an easy way to find /u/ fics on ff.net
>>
>>2161746
Other than asking here and checking what specialized /u/ authors have written, no
>>
>>2161746

It's called having a pair you like
>>
>>2161746
Know the fandom, young one.
>>
>>2161959
i do but there are some fandoms such as fallout where is not possible
>>
>>2146624
The Wheel of Time.
>>
>>2162014
You can get a rough target of possible fics even with the crapass system on ffnet, assuming you want to pair the mc with a known character, and then you can just sort through the rest manually.
>>
>>2162064
Any links anon?
>>
File: 2 guns 1 homu.jpg (43KB, 680x375px) Image search: [Google]
2 guns 1 homu.jpg
43KB, 680x375px
When it is a Fang x Lightning fanfic, but Fang keeps calling Light "Sunshine" (or other random nicknames) ALL the time
>>
>>2159096
I wish I could write at all, even to get to that stage. Instead, I'm a scaredy cat that only ever "brainstorms" and "outlines". I'm actually a great editor, like, give me other people's works, and I can improve the heck out of them, both grammar and content, but I'm too embarrassed to look at my own work. I've actually jotted down a bunch of ideas over the years, even snippets of dialogue, but...well, I'm sure most of us here who don't write go through this.
>>
>>2147559
This link seems...incorrect. I was linked to an article with pics of some chick on the beach. If this was your intent, fuck off. If not, please post the link. There is a severe lack of Dune fic.
>>
>>2163099
I'm in the same boat, only I do it in my head.

It's worked out rather well for my various english classes as once i get a lot of shit done in my head I can put words to paper once I feel the pressure of the due date rearing it's head. However writing for myself there really isn't that pressure so I just keep working on shit in my head.
>>
>>2163214
Yes, that was the intent. Did you not read the post leading up to the link? It was discussing weird yuletide entries.

Here's the Dune fic. http://archiveofourown.org/collections/yuletide2015/works/5426117
>>
This Luvia / Rin fic got updated a small while ago and it's pretty nice. https://archiveofourown.org/works/6301573/chapters/14439862
>>
>>2167318
Could do with a quick once over, there's quite a few misplaced words, but damn if it didn't make me feel all floaty.
>>
Does anyone have recommendations for Kumiko/Reina fics? I recall seeing a timeskip one that never went anywhere awhile ago but was wondering if there were any favorites.
>>
>>2149056

Questionable questing is 'another site', yeah?

https://forum.questionablequesting.com/threads/heaven-and-hell-worm.3793/
(NSFW)

>Taylor gets emotional manipulation powers and sets out with a plan to convert her bullies into her love slaves and then build a lesbian harem/superhero team to save her city.
>Doesn't actually have the guts to loveslave people, ends up mostly using powers to get involved with people then carrying on relatively normal romances instead

pretty cute and pretty sexy.
>>
>>2167359
I published it without doing a thorough round of proofreading simply because I couldn't bear to look at it anymore. I still can't, but at least the reception seems to have been positive so far.
>>
>>2167388
>me on the right
I figured that reading the AN at the beginning so I didn't judge too harshly. There were just one or two sentences where I had to pause to puzzle out exactly what was going on. I'm the same though, I haven't written anything in years, but when I did eventually I'd just upload it and never look at it again. Or any feedback or reviews. For years. I have some anxiety issues.
>>
File: Capturar.png (32KB, 1205x113px) Image search: [Google]
Capturar.png
32KB, 1205x113px
This thing is not tagged as OC and not tagged as crossover either. This is why we can't have nice things. Why do the filters even exist if people refuse to tag stuff properly?
>>
>>2167508
Don't tell me you read that autism.
>>
>>2167551
No, I don't read it. But when I search for fics, this thing often shows up at the top (update order) because I can't filter it out.
>>
>>2167318

I quite like it, though I'm really interested in what's going to happen when Illya and co get involved.
>>
>>2167508
There is some wannabe guerrilla group on ffn famous for bullying writers out, might wanna look into that.
>>
>>2167372
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11587362/1/Penguin-Underwear
>>
Who /read fanfic at work/ here?
Or even better, writing at work.
>>
>>2167673
hallo friend i am neet
>>
>>2167673
i read plenty at my last job.

i had a lesbian boss there too, but unfortunately the old, unattractive bulldyke kind.
>>
>>2167656
How would that even work? You can moderate reviews.
>>
>>2167656
I won't do that, but lol, I didn't know such a thing existed.

>>2167673
I don't have a job I used to read them in my computer classes.
>>
File: nicomaki112.png (1MB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
nicomaki112.png
1MB, 1280x1280px
Are there any good love live fanfics anyone could recommend?
>>
>>2167775
These are my favorites:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/3328289
http://archiveofourown.org/works/8277868?view_adult=true
>>
>>2167673

yo.
My job involves a lot of sitting around waiting for some disaster to fix. Gotta fill the tI'm somehow.
>>
>>2167673
I read a lot on my breaks, but I can't during actual work.
>>
>>2167744
Apparently they're really insistent. Guess if enough people report shit it gets taken down without looking too closely and they make use of that.
>>
>>2168015
>>2168015
Or maybe the reader gets really upset and gives up. Not everyone is good at handling online bullying.
>>
>>2168015
>>2168137
It's probably both.
>>
>>2167775
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11019454/1/Clarity
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11693719/1/Cheers-For-Loving-You
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11089402/1/Spilled-Ink
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11767410/1/Doctor-s-Orders
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11547132/1/Legerdemain
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10977740/1/Petals-in-Her-Hands
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10671177/1/Feathers-in-the-Sea
https://archiveofourown.org/works/7467099
https://archiveofourown.org/works/7815550/chapters/17836660
>>
ff2ebook.com is better than ficsave if you're downloading from ffn, at least til they start a new archive again.

Basically if you lose the epub or mobi file, you can go into the archive, type in the fic or author name, find it and redownload it.
>>
https://fanfiction.net/s/11910308/49/

Jesus Christ I'm so mad. No proper resolution for Azula and Ty Lee? I feel like I've been cheated. I can't believe I looked forward to updates for this story so much.
>>
>>2169153
Doesn't say anything about romance, no any other hints of FF. I'd have skipped it when browsing.
>>
>>2169182
>no
Nor
>FF
f/f

Good god, what the hell was that. I'm sorry.
>>
>>2169182
It's not tagged as romance but Ty Lee is in love with Azula (also Azula obviously has special feelings for Ty Lee) and finally confesses to her at the end and kisses her, Azula is ambivalent and the story concludes without resolving what actually happens with their relationship.
>>
>>2169182
It is tagged with Ty Lee/Azula on ao3
>>
>>2169153
Pretty disappointing but at least it didn't end without acknowledging the budding romance completely.
>>
>>2168383
>https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11019454/1/Clarity
I know it makes me a bad person, but I'm such a sucker for Nico dying and Maki suffering.
>>
>>2167372
http://archiveofourown.org/works/5470379
http://archiveofourown.org/works/5471825

And dammit, the last one I really liked is deleted. Just found out now while looking it up.
>>
>>2170037
Okay, that was a different one:
http://archiveofourown.org/collections/yuletide2015/works/5471684
Also: http://archiveofourown.org/works/5442044
>>
>>2170037
I like it so far but damn I thought I had flowery language.
>>
File: 1466473490658.jpg (25KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1466473490658.jpg
25KB, 640x480px
Everytime I see a OC fic that is not tagged as OC (mostly in the neptunia fandom), I end the author a comment asking for them to tag it as OC. It works sometimes. I wish you guys would help the cause if possible. No pressure though, just an idea.

ps: in fanfiction net
>>
I've been writing a crap ton of fanfics offline in a notebook and, god, writing with pens sucks. My writing is chicken scratch so I can barely understand it weeks later and I get this bump on my finger from pressing the pen against it while writing.

I mostly write less popular fandoms tbqh. And Frozen, but shut up. That probably means I should probably post on Ao3 but I always felt that site had a certain quality that Fanfiction does not. I am not an amazing writer, just a niche one. Tbqh though, that quality has been fading as more writers use Ao3 though.

>>2161746

Sadly no. I keep on trying to find lesbian!Elsa works that don't involve Merida or Anna but I just find a bunch of crappy fire prince OCs and Hans' brothers OCs. I have only read less than 6 good Elsa/f!OC fics.

>>2155762

Hah. I hate when fics die. It feels like the Jem fandom has a lot of this. Most of the Stimber fics have been dead for ten years or more.
>>
>>2171422
>I am not an amazing writer, just a niche one.
The fact that you've got a sense of self-criticism already puts you above the masses. Start typing some of that shit clean on a computer.
>>
>>2167372
This one's pretty good: http://archiveofourown.org/works/8335102
>>
Any good sailor moon fanfics
>>
>>2149056
You might also want to read Ryukuza Quest.
Its about a dragon girl named Ryukusa who is part of the Yukuza. It is mostly light-hearted with a pretty interesting main plot. And the yuri harem is done very well and has importance to the plot. It has a lot of magic and mysticism too.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=Ryukuza
>>
>>2177320
Most important question: Is it finished? If not, will it finish?

I was so disappointed when I found out the sharkgirl one wasn't ever going to finish ;_;
>>
>>2177325
Still updating. But the quest writer has some pretty serious health issues so she occasionally misses for a month or two. Its been running since June 2014 and she has posted atleast once in all but two months. Last session was run on Thursday.
>>
>>2177361
Pretty amazing. Is there a word doc or something of this? Seems kinda annoying to read as (a) thread(s).
>>
>>2177325
I'm right there with you. It seemed so close to the end too.
>>
>>2149056
You should check out Golden Empire on anonkun if you haven't.
>>
File: 1449038908269.png (2MB, 1400x1781px) Image search: [Google]
1449038908269.png
2MB, 1400x1781px
>>2177371
Not to my knowledge. But then you would miss the scene relevant images and the other cute stuff. Like this one.
>>
Might find something fun.
http://archiveofourown.org/collections/Femslashex_2016/works
>>
>>2179719

Surely we can redraw this into a more board appropriate image
>>
>>2179557
Shame I only heard of this now.
>>
>>2180165
It runs every year, so you can try again next year. Honestly, I think this was one of the weaker years.
>>
>>2180175
Yep. And Yuletide's an option too.
>>
>>2180481
Got a link for it? I'm interested.
>>
Do you bother reading anything that's under a particular word count? I feel like anything less than 1k words is too short for me to care about.
>>
>>2181215
I read pretty much everything. Sometimes even 100 words is just enough to capture a moment. Also I’m desperate.
>>
>>2180806
I think you follow the links to the LJ or Dreamwidth at the top to participate:
https://archiveofourown.org/collections/yuletide2016
>>
>>2181215
Yes, but if it's like 30 chapters of 150 words each I get pissed off
>>
You know the author sucks when

>Tell me whether or not you want this story to continue.
>>
File: 1414845211269.jpg (108KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1414845211269.jpg
108KB, 1280x720px
fanfic.net is full of self insert bullshit (even if i filter them out), but AO3 is dead as fuck, nobody ever posts there (at least in the fandom i'm in atm)
>>
>>2183038
>Reviews = more chapters. I was very disappointed at the response I got last time. Prove that this is worth my time, people.
>>
>>2183038
>>2183217

Being an asshole about it is a definite sign of a bad author, but I can understand losing interest in continuing a story if nobody appears to be reading it.
>>
>>2183038
>>2183217
>>2183334
Stop whining. You want real shit situations? Look at the situation with the only actual good Umiko/Nene fanfic from New Game.
>>
>>2183359
Nah, you can explain it
>>
>>2183365
There is only that one good Umiko/Nene fic and it was only made because people on patreon voted for the author to write it
So there is never gonna be a sequel and it just leaves everyone hanging. Its extortion
>>
>>2183038
>>2183217
>Nobody is interested.
>Writing loads of paragraphs and dialog for nothing.
>For some reason the author is the bad guy for this.
>>
>>2183480
Yeah, I'm gonna pass
>>
I'm the type that leaves 1 or 2 reviews for the fic, but keeps reading. I feel weird leaving review for every single chapter, but I am interested in the fic.
>>
>>2183480
Don't the author feels good in the act of writing itself? Or do they only like to write if other people read it?

Cause there are people who like to write, love writing, but never share their stuff.
>>
>>2183480
depends on how the author handles it. whinging about a lack of feedback like it's owed to you will piss people off. also "tell me whether or not you want this story to continue" seems like begging for validation, which is sad.

imo, if you phrase it like, "i appreciate feedback!" or "your enthusiasm helps motivate me" you don't seem like you want to hold the story hostage.
>>
>>2183507
We definitely had this conversation last thread or the one before.
>>
>>2183510
My memory is as good as Alzheimer, so. We can drop the subject then.
>>
This is why I like AO3's kudos system. I can say "more pls" with zero effort
>>
>>2183470
She only has 5 people in the patreon, the one who requested it will eventually vote for more.
>>
>>2184355
Chapter 2 is being made right now, according to a comment on AO3
>>
any Katawa shoujo fics you girls can recommend?
>>
>People are writing birthday fics for a literally who's self insert OC paired with Yui
Just kill me now.
>>
>>2185706
Actually, someone belt out a prompt for me. Azusa's birthday is in two days and I'm sure I can cobble something together before then.
>>
>look for some fics on ffnet
>filter out OCs to try to dodge some of the shit
>a shitton of fics that the descritptions make clear rely heavily on OCs still show up because the author didn't tag OCs

Fuck.
>>
File: 1452893587757.png (189KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1452893587757.png
189KB, 300x300px
>>2186105
same here.

By the way I'd like to say I don't like christmas fics.
>>
>>2135869
What is this from?
>>
>>2186833
You mean, what doujin? Because I thought everyone knows K-ON
>>
>>2186853
Well, yeah, I figured K-ON.
I meant what Doujin.
Sorry for being vaugue.
>>
>>2186854
Sorry, I don't know. Searching every translated K-ON doujin on sadpanda is a little ambitious looking
>>
>>2186316
>By the way I'd like to say I don't like christmas fics.

damn, it's that time of year already?
>>
File: 1465168725228.jpg (137KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1465168725228.jpg
137KB, 1000x1000px
>Words: 47
>Words: 33
>Words: 39

All separated entries.
>>
>>2191145
I just saw what you mean. Some new author by the look of it.
>20 words
Holy fuck why.
>>
To The Stars updated for those who follow that.

Also since I'm its personal shill I'll add that Warmth updated too even if I might be the only one reading it.
>>
>>2191169
The author has a Blanc avatar and pen name and we all now Blanc sucks at writing. How fitting.
>>
File: 54538710_p37.jpg (70KB, 960x817px) Image search: [Google]
54538710_p37.jpg
70KB, 960x817px
http://archiveofourown.org/works/8579665
I wrote some more Luvia/Rin smut.
>>
>>2191377
It's really nice, anon. Definitely a great pairing, oozing with sexual tension. Hope you do more stories with them. The smut was good but I'd love more foreplay/afterglow too!

Noticed a couple typos though.
>The look in those eyes and couldn't belong to a human.
>Rin came before Rin did
>>
>>2191411
Thanks for pointing out the typos, I'll fix them right away. I have no beta so something always gets past me. As for the smut, well, it's exhausting to write and even 2000 words out of 6000 felt like pushing it for me. Someone else could easily turn that scene into 4000-5000 words or more but I can't really do it. I write in the explicit category simply because it gives me the freedom to shove in as much sexual tension and thoughts before the act, not because I particularly like writing the sex. Leaving it out would've felt like betraying my readers though.
>>
>>2191414
Don't worry about it, the flirting and groping are best anyway. I'm sure anons would read your stories even if they had no smut, at least not all of them.
>>
>>2191430
I'm not too worried about people not reading them, but what does concern me that if anyone reads the story that far, they will expect it to progress into smut and leaving it out hurts the overall 'arc' of the story, so to speak. I really enjoy writing the buildup all the way to that point, but after that it can sometimes turn into a chore to write.
>>
>>2191414

There's no explicit sex in Roughhouse, and that is probably your best work, with the long build-up, the believable interactions and doing two colossally tsundere characters slowly coming out to each other and making it feel natural.
>>
>>2192624
Seconding this. The sex in this was great, but you do seem to shine where you're most comfortable. Practice helps as well.
>>
>>2191377
It's good, also:
"It was sloppy, one-sided at first, and really not the kind of kiss you'd put on the cover of a novel that had pretensions of being stocked in the romance section. There was enough ass in Rin's hand to put it firmly in the shelf for erotica"

It's good.
>>
>>2191340
I'm glad to see that Hieronym decided to start giving answers rather than just pilling mystery on mystery. Now for something, anything good to happen to Mami.
>>
>>2194852
>implying any incarnation of Mami can be happy
Even Nagisa only cares about cheese
>>
>>2194937
She has a literal Goddess watching over her. Of course, she's still Mami, the field marshal of eternal loneliness, so the best she'll probably get will be a pet bird in a cage so it doesn't fly off but still, something would be nice, and better than just the screaming void inside her.

I'm betting it's the French purple spiderweb spymaster chick. She's probably got a thing for thin and elegant dark-haired, purple-eyed ladies.
>>
Serious question - does anybody have a pastebin or a list of all the old links that were on here:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2133180/Sugoi-Story-Anego

Even any individual links would be nice. I'm trying to create an alternative list to this one and I'm gonna add everything good to my mediafire acct in a handful of downloads that way we have a some what more permanent fanfiction list in the future. I'm also gonna see about compiling together all the decent Archive of our Own Stuff and any fanfiction you can find on old anime forums for instance and make those available for DDL as well. Maybe make a google drive document as well or a pastebin so people can find everything together in one spot.

Might ask this again when a new thread is made considering this one is on autosage.
>>
>>2195507
I had to dig up my old HDD to get my FFnet password but you're welcome. http://pastebin.com/yCD5TQEx
>>
>>2195694
>http://pastebin.com/yCD5TQEx
This will be very helpful to me. I've also missed a few things on here. Thanks for digging this up for me!
>>
File: eu001.jpg (80KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
eu001.jpg
80KB, 600x450px
>>2195694
http://yuri.skr.jp/kukulcan/others2/my-hime_sizuru_111.htm
http://apollyon-0.livejournal.com/tag/friendsorlovers

Did anyone have the translation here downloaded anywhere?
>>
>>2195830
http://web.archive.org/web/20130423142104/http://apollyon-0.livejournal.com
Managed to find this at least but none of the chapters themselves were archived.
>>
New thread soon? Page 10 and everything.
>>
>>2196582
Just make one if you want then.

Save the OP pic, resize it to 99% and make a new thread linking back to the old one.
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.