[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

.hack//sign

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: dothacksign tsukasa subaru.jpg (84KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
dothacksign tsukasa subaru.jpg
84KB, 500x375px
13 episodes of plot crammed into 26 episodes. A lot of standing around and talking (especially the first half). Unfinished plot points because this is the start of a franchise. Protag's actually a girl so the hetero romance is really yuri.
Anybody remember this anime at all?
>>
Couldn't get more than a few episodes in. Absolutely didn't find it engaging at all.
>>
>>2128028
Sure. Haven't watched it in 10 years though. For a show with such great music, a lot of potentially interesting world-building and one of the most realistic character-studies in anime, it sure went out of its way to be as boring as possible. But I still remember it very fondly despite its big flaws.

Also despite the 'living in the data(base)' plot I still think it's the most optimistic and flattering depiction of MMOs in animu and mango so far.

Just sad it never got much yuri works at all. While I thought Tsukasa was pretty annoying when I started watching (which was pretty much the point, she started off pretty similar to Shinji really), I've really warmed on An over the years since.
>>
It's got bad pacing and hasn't aged well but I think it's worth appreciating that it was a big 'mainstream' anime made 14 years ago that ended with the main character, an abused girl with mental issues, getting together with a girl in a wheelchair and achieving canon yuri good end.

Seriously modern anime, are you even trying?
>>
>>2128028
Haven't watched it since before I fell to the yuri side. I vaguely remember wanting to see more of Aura and being disappointed that the sequels never delivered.
>>
i watched it on toonami in middle school. out of context the ending scene where they run towards eachother IRL is hilarious
>>
The progenitor of the "trapped in an MMO" genre.
And yeah, apart from the Kajiura soundtrack it hasn't really held up.

And despite the yuri end the fact that Tsukasa is a girl IRL is a pretty major plot twist and watching it looking for yuri is a waste of time.
>>
>>2128528
I dunno, as long as you keep it in mind I imagine it could simply enhance the experience. Granted there's not actually much romance in the series overall really, the ending parts are probably the most you get, unless I misremember badly. But watching the series unspoiled about anything but the fact that the MC is actually a cute girl who gets loving yuri end can't be that bad - at the very least there's now some incentive to stick through the plenty of molasses-paced boring bits.
>>
>>2128034
Good analysis of the anime, Anon.
>flattering depiction of MMO
Like how many players were willing to fight mosters who knew could hurt them IRL to protect their "web-friends"? I mean, if you depict a character doing that to protect an IRL friend, nobody finds it surprising, but I still know morons that state that "the people you only know through internet can't really be your friends" and inanity like that.

Also, MC and M's girls are in mutual delicious "if it's you it's OK", and are confirmed to kept being so after the anime ends, so it's VERY relevant to my interests
>>
>>2128028
The anime has not aged well. Its still a significant anime for me, because it made me a devoted fan to the .hack// franchise for a few years. .hack// has the had great world building and perhaps the most realistic depictions of the dichotomy between MMO culture and real life (at least when the weird sci-fi events aren't happening on the main plot).

Its a shame its not a big franchise anymore, because I find everything about SAO and its depiction of MMO and online culture outright offensive.

As for /u/ relevant material, its find its... mostly okay if a bit pedestrian. The MC Tsukasa is trapped on an MMO, has amnesia (because of bizarre reasons) and actually thought he was a guy. Eventually, "he" falls in love with a girl, then slowly regains "his" memories and goes on a mild "girls can't love girls" phase. When Tsukasa talks to Subaru about it, she says didn't mind that she was a girl, and it is the push "he" needs to leave the Online World to meet Subaru IRL. The best part really is that it an canon yuri ending. Even later supplementary materials reveals that they are living together in college.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.