[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boku Wa Mari No Naka / Inside Mari

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 5

File: mari and yori.jpg (618KB, 1169x872px) Image search: [Google]
mari and yori.jpg
618KB, 1169x872px
I didn't see a thread about this manga. I remember we had threads before but there either wasn't enough going on yet or people got into debates on whether it's /u/ or not. Recent relevations prove that, yes, it really is as gay as it seems.

This manga hurts in a good way. It's just so miserable. It's about a man who body swaps with a teenage girl. There was no body swap though. Mari is just delusional.
>>
File: hug1.png (403KB, 540x688px) Image search: [Google]
hug1.png
403KB, 540x688px
>>
>>2111541
Seems like it's winding up to finish.
>>
>>2111541
I haven't checked it out, mostly since my MO for both hugely depressing and questionably gay series both is waiting until it's finished before I read them so there's no cliffhangers to tear at me. If it's actually gay as fuck that's great. Having stayed away from it, I dunno if it's 'MC is totally homo, that's it, the end' kind of gay or she actually gets to kiss the girl.
>>
>>2111628

They kissed chapters ago.
>>
>>2111628
She's already gotten to kiss the girl once or twice, but there's no guarantee they're going to end up together forever.
>>
>>2111631
That's good news. If it's really looking like it's ending soon, maybe I'll be able to resist starting it until then...
>>
>>2111541
> There was no body swap though. Mari is just delusional.

Wait so there never was a guy? Was it a fantasy or some split-personality thing?
>>
>>2111634
There is a guy, she just was never him. She took on his personality as a split personality deal due to childhood trauma, as well I can understand.
>>
>>2111648
correct
>>
>>2111634
Mari just have several personalities. She created one of a man by observing the daily life of a neet.
She's also gay as fuck and it's one of her main issues, unless Oshimi backpedals on it.
>>
>>2111661

Last chapter she started moping because she thought Yori would move on and get married, she punched a guy for kissing her, and she's already confessed to Yori. She's so not bi and I doubt Yori is either.
>>
>>2111670
Well, unless we get the good old bait and switch end, there's no way they won't end up and live together.
>>
That's nice and all but you guys are forgetting that
she stalked a guy and spied on him while he was masturbating and such. She clearly idolised him in some sort of bizarre way.

Not saying that she liked him romantically but you guys are making this sound way gayer than it really is.
>>
>>2111688
I don’t see that as heterosexual, just fucking weird.
>>
>>2111688
That's because she literally wanted to be him, so she spied on him even during fap time because in a way she wanted to "feel" what he was feeling in that moment. You know, as if that really was her own body.
She's really, really super fucked up, honestly Yori got herself into some deep shit by being so invested in her. Didn't anybody tell her that you don't stick finger in crazy?
>>
>>2111708
Each lesbian must learn this difficult lesson in her own way.
>>
>>2111708
For the moment Yori's life seems to only have improved due to Mari's influence though. Aside from all the skipping class that is.

It strikes me that one of the reasons Mari may have wanted to become the neet dude was because that would "solve" her homosexual feelings.
>>
This series is really confusing and somewhat of a mindfuck. Hopefully the ending delivers.
>>
Mari and Yori remind me of Punpun and Aiko, but more consensual and with less trauma.

>>2111688

Plenty of gay people have straight experiences. It doesn't change their sexuality. It was obvious Mari wasn't attracted to him. It was a twisted, non-sexual obsession. Mari thought Isao was herself and she called out his feelings for her later on
>>
>>2111948
>Punpun
I read the first volume of that and never got any further.
>>
>>2111948
You'd have to try hard to be more traumatized than those two though. It'd definitely land you in the ever-feared 'edgy' territory.

Also I wouldn't say Mari's shenanigans has much in common with straight experiences, at least as you'd normally think of them. I guess in the sense that it seems brought on by her being confused/in denial of her sexuality it kinda works. Deluding yourself into thinking you're a dude (a specific dude that is, not just trans) is kinda another level past 'sleeping with some guy to see if you like it'.
>>
So If I'm understanding this right, Mari's trauma comes from her identity being dictated by others? Like her name change, her mom, and school life. I kinda expected child abuse but it's refreshing it's not that horrible.
>>
If Yori and Mari do end up together as adults, what happens? Mari is mentally ill. Not saying mentally ill people can't find love, but it's gonna cause drama and trouble for them.

>>2112046

I remember the original theory was it was due to incest but I'm glad it's not that. What her mom did was abuse, unintentional abuse but it was psychological abuse.
>>
>>2112135
>Not saying mentally ill people can't find love
Think you just answered your own question there. It's easier to get help when you have someone supporting you as well and supposedly mental health issues have become less stigmatised in recent years so people are more willing to look for help as well.
>>
>>2112138

It depends on the disorder. People sympathize with the depressed and anxious but delusions are still stigmatized
>>
The question is, can Yori bring herself to love Mari or whoever she becomes from now on? That's what Mari is worried about, and she's got a point. After all, the one Yori loves is the Isao personality. Can she love the Mari personality, or mix of all her personalities?
>>
>>2112143
I think this is really the biggest issue
>>
>>
>>2112138
Or it can break the significant other mentally as well.
>>
>>2112143
I dont think it's Isao that Yori likes. Because she has always liked Mari even when she was just Mari, even before she knew about Isao.. although i think she did fell for isao (as mari) when she learned about him
>>
The next chapter should come out in a week or two.
>>
I'm about halfway through this, gotta say even if there's no outright sex nor romance with guys I can't imagine any pure /u/ fans would enjoy this haha. I'm definitely enjoying it though. Obviously having been spoiled on how things go I've had fun considering the plot-developments with that in mind, and so far the only thing that's happened which isn't congruent with the idea of Mari having some kind of mental illness and creating Isao in her head is the phonecall. Well, that stuck to my mind anyway, other stuff is kinda weird like her gaming skills but not as tough to explain away. Of course there's still ways to explain the phone-call with this theory too, but the fact that we see an explicit call duration shown makes me wonder what's going on there - it's not really 'evidence' since Mari's the only one who's seen said duration, but it's still more tangible than most of the things 'Isao' takes as evidence of body-swapping. I hope it's cleared up in the remaining half of released chapters.
>>
>>2116727

I like that the protagonist is (probably) lesbian yet it is not a yuri manga. Yuri series need more variety besides being romance. Het couples get action series, scifi series, psychological series, etc.
>>
>>2116727
I felt the same way at one point, looking forward to hearing what you think once you get there.
>>
>>2116856
Finished chapter 78 just now. Damn the phone part really had the most mundane yet silly explanation of them all huh. The idea of her mistaking a voice-changer for her own voice, even when obscured with noise, is a bit silly but I won't complain.

Mari and Yori are cute together for sure. I feel like it's definitely near ending now, to be honest I'm not sure whether I caught up at the worst cliffhanger or the least bad one. There's still Mari's mother to deal with, assuming a 'whole' Mari even comes out fine next chapter. I figure the manga will probably end with Mari and Yori together at least. They better, at this point.
>>
>>2116878
Oh, also I gotta say I dread trying to follow this on a release by release basis. I gotta say catching up this has seemed one of the worst manga to read like that I've ever come across. Even ignoring the confusion part, which is pretty much over now, there's still the fact that so many chapters are basically made for binge-reading with little to no dialogue and lots of spreads taking up the precious few 20 pages you get each time.
>>
I love this manga, I've following since chapter one was scanalated. But I can understand this >>2116881 kind of thinking.
>>
Looks like it's ending next month, so two maaaybe three more chapters I guess?

Plot is basically resolved and it was obvious an ending would come soon but I'm still really sad. Gonna miss it.
>>
Did the art change meant anything? Or was the author just lazy/wanted a new style
>>
>>2119094

Like most manga, the art style just got better over time.
>>
It's too bad that it ends next month. I was hopping for an anime announcement before the end, but with this that possibility is almost certainly dead.
>>
Newest chapter is out. I guess the end is kinda disappointing for /u/, but honestly I don't really feel worried about it as such. I figure Mari is in a pretty vulnerable position and probably wants to 'start over' as it were. Gotta make friends before making lovers. However, this does make it somewhat likely we won't see yuri ending, especially since we've previously seen the characters worry about stuff like how any relationship between them wouldn't last into adulthood and such. Alternatively I'd expect the series to end on a confession and/or kiss.
>>
>>2120195
after a couple chapters after their kiss, i didnt expect any yuri to come by
>>
>>2120347
Why not, anon? We've had confessions and stuff, if anything the kiss wasn't among the most yuri of their interactions.
>>
Aaaaand chapter 79 delivers Mari to Yori:'Will you be my friend'
I still have hope
>>
>>2120376
Considering one of Yori's problems at the beginning of the manga was that she was unable to do that it's fairly nice. It's a little underwhelming if that is the extent of their relationship considering Mari's persona's worries/ feelings about it last chapter, kind of consistent with them though.
>>
I expect an open-ended, optimistic yuri ending. Wasn't it the Mari personality who was gay with Yori?
>>
It's nice to see the manga at least got up front about the whole "What happens after high school?" deal. With most yuri anime it's really vague. Do they stay together or do they break up within one year of college? High school romances rarely last.
>>
>>2121708
Why though? Mari is fucking broken even if she is into Yori, she would need to fix herself a lot. The only way I can see the series ending with them together is with a time skip in the final chapter. Otherwise, I don't expect anything but a friendship ending.
>>
>>2121744

Broken people pair up all the time. Heck, being with someone tends to help recovery.
>>
>>2121747
Sure, but Mari isn't broken as "I have issues." Her problem is that she basically didn't have a real persona until this chapter.

How could Mari even know if she really is into Yori or women at all? How could she know what she likes or dislikes? Mari doesn't know anything about herself.
>>
>>2127092

The art is better than most manga,
>>
The next chapter should be out soon.
>>
File: m00171.jpg (282KB, 705x1080px) Image search: [Google]
m00171.jpg
282KB, 705x1080px
So, it ended. Seems like it was just a phaaaaaseend.
>>
File: 1463770348908.png (127KB, 399x225px) Image search: [Google]
1463770348908.png
127KB, 399x225px
>>2134637
>>
>>2134637
BTFO
>>
>>2134637
It was already hinted at in the previous chapter, and Oshimi seems to have a boner for separating the main characters.
I still can't get over how dull of an ending it was, though.
>>
>>2134684
Yeah, the end kinda negates all the journey and everything that made Mari special.
>now you can live as a normal girl and be exaclty like everyone else, k thx bye
>>
Dropped ;_;
>>
>>2134687
That's pretty much what happened to the Aku no Hana characters too, especially to Nakamura.
Fuck this author and his normalfaggotry fetish.
>>
>>2134690
So the end of Happiness will probably be the same, the MC gets cured and end with his classroom friend, the end.
A shame, he has some interesting stories, but manages to ruin them with the last chapters.
>>
Sometimes i think it might be a fetish for some authors to just crush their readers dreams and hopes
>>
>>2134703
Clearly he has never forgiven his readers for shitting on the AnH anime adaption.
>>
wtf...
>>
>>2134637
Wow, that sure was pointless.
>>
>>2134637

Not true. If anything they realized their relationship could never be and that it's unhealthy. Be glad they didn't go Oyasumi Punpun on us.

I am fine with this ending. It's a tragic ending but it's not a "They're suddenly straight" ending.
>>
>>2134749
Honestly I'd say that'd be pretty bullshit as well. First off, if they were level-headed enough to realize Yori's fixation on Mari was unhealthy (I'd say of Mari's issues none of them were related to Yori) there was absolutely no reason for them to split up, at least long-term. Yori was actually improving despite said fixation rather than deteriorating after all and was a positive influence overall on Mari too. If anything they were the opposite of a dysfunctional relationship, in that they were both actively worse off before it. Now Yori did need to work on herself individually to avoid getting emotionally dependent on Mari, which might necessitate some temporary separation, but there has been nothing in the manga so far to indicate that sticking with Mari was unhealthy for her. Even their misadventures throughout the series were still an improvement for Yori over her previous existence, in many different ways.

It feels like the author started off with her character's basis as 'obsessed with Mari' and knows obsessions are unhealthy, so decided that they should split for their own good at the end based only on that, instead of taking the progression of their characters and relationship on the way there into account.
>>
>>2134749
Their relationship might have been unhealthy at the beginning, but it eventually became a positive relationship that helped them both grow pass their issues. I can't read Chinese or Korean myself so I don't know what they said in this chapter. Still, I seriously doubt they saw their relationship as unhealthy at the end.
>>
Yet another series fails to fulfill its /u/ potential. It would be nice if we had more surprise /u/ endings in this world. I never trusted this author to begin with. You can tell how these stories will turn out by looking at what else they create to get a sense of their vision of the world. This author never saw /u/.
>>
I just read the final chapter. I felt like I missed something. Why is it so happy? Whatever happened to the mom being an abusive jerk? Why is Mari suddenly normal and not mentally ill? I'm so confused. That was a crap ending... But at least it wasn't a "And suddenly they're straight!" ending.
>>
>>2136589
Time skip that magically fixed everything. It seems to me that it was axed and an entire arc was forever loss as result.
>>
>>2136590
I don't think it was axed, the manga was selling quite well.
>>
>>2136590

It feels like we should have had 20+ more chapters.
>>
>>2136589
>>2136590

I felt a little similar with how he ended Aku no Hana. A feeling of "that's it?". Lel I guess you'll have to start expecting that kind of end with this author. Always with his timeskips and the characters all being matured despite being crazy psycho back then. Not saying it doesnt happen in real life, people do mature, but... "that's it?"

An author who makes that kind of ending. You see this a lot when it comes to novel writers.
>>
>>2136951
I didn't read much from Aku no Hana (the 1st volume bored me to tears), so I don't know how crazy the characters there were, but this kind of shit doesn't really flies with Boku wa Mari no Naka.

>Mari's mom was borderline psychotic in her last appearance, but then she's perfectly fine after the time skip.

>Mari herself is totally normal, albeit dumber, after the time skip. What the hell? She was a top student before the incident why she's dumb now? What persona does she have now?

These two things could have been fixed with a few more chapters. Hell, even one chapter with just exposition dumping all the "fixes" would have sufficed.

But no, we can't have that. Let's just jump to the last chapter and let the readers decide what happened. Fuck Shimizu, seriously.
>>
>>2136973
I'm not defending him nor the novel writers who do this kind of endings, btw. I mean, it would be nice if it did have this kind of ending, but the story was all about "the adventure to get to the end", but that isn't the case with his works and desu his works are all lame. I brought up the novel comparison not only because of the ending, but also because he has such a weird way of making his stories as well as presenting them. Its hard to explain, but its like he's brewing his own style inspired by jap novels like how Tarkovsky's compositions in his movies are greatly inspired by photography. Its just that this author never makes it/always falls flat.

>but this kind of shit doesn't really flies with Boku wa Mari no Naka
It doesn't fly with any of his works lmao
>>
i've learned throughout the years that japanese can't end anything properly lol
>>
>>2134690
>especially to Nakamura
Nakamura didn't actually seem normal the last time we saw her though, I just got the impression they were drugging her to calm her down.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.