[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yuri disappointments thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 20

File: Volume_4.jpg (251KB, 640x907px) Image search: [Google]
Volume_4.jpg
251KB, 640x907px
I've never seen one, maybe it existed but who cares. So, have you ever had high expectations/hope about a yuri manga or anime because initially seemed good (or at least tolerable/normal ) but ended up being a total shit as it continued? For me that would be Citrus, one of the worst yuri mangas I've seen.
>>
Any yuri anime
>>
Sakura Trick for me. But mostly due to the ending, 12 episodes and they don't even consider each other to be their girlfriend. They're clearly soul mates, but they haven't actually truly committed themselves to each other.
>>
>>2109147
Why do you hate citrus?
>>
>>2109162
Mei is shit, Yuzu acting all nervous even after they became girlfriends is shit, plot is shit ( introduce a romantic rival (Girl with the big eyebrows, Matsuri , Sara ) or any other cheap obstacle (the grandfather, the dad, Harumi's sister ) to add bad drama and that's it. Even after they became a couple they are boring as fuck. Mei doesn't even know how to love, she always looks too serious and stoic like a robot, is she even human ? And I could continue forever
>>
NTR im still following that but i fear it may not even end in/u/ terms

also both girls are bisluts, fuck that
>>
>>2109177
You reminded me of Netzousu Trap which is shit but I never expected anything good from it
>>
Fragtime, legitimately excited for some angst and navel-gazing in light of the box of names. Instead Moritani decides to flat break all of the trust Murakami just gave her, refused to empathize with her in the slightest and then got a generic happy ending for being an unrelenting piece of shit.
I felt like the entire series was for nothing, and the ending erased everything good about the rest of the series, like it had never existed in the first place.
>>
>>2109164
But, anon, all those things are reasons people like Citrus. It's like a soap opera.
I mean, I've seen anons say they want their yuri to basically be something like KinMoza or GochiUse but with kissing, but then that would just be Sakura Trick, and as we've seen demonstrated by >>2109155 their relationship has to stall constantly or the story would be over after the first chapter.
>>
>>2109184
well i was referring to netsuzou trap
you did good for not expecting anything from it
>>
>>2109190
Which yuri?
>>
>>2109208
Fragtime,in the post.
>>
>>2109215
Sorry, I meant what is the plot of that series
>>
>>2109218
A lot of stuff happens, premise is that one girl (Moritani) can stop time for 3 minutes a day for everyone except herself... and Murakami. Murakami and Moritani basically hang out after that during the frozen time.
The names thing is that Murakami has a box of names of how to make everyone in her class happy, and basically makes everyone happy as a hobby. Murakami shows this to Moritani confessionally and then Moritani treats her like a crazy person and tells the class that they've been stopping time together to emotionally entrap Murakami. This is potrayed as unambiguously positively and works completely as planned.
There was a lot of other missed potential, but nothing as offensively terrible as that.
>>
>>2109221
Can't remember if it was that or something else I read with a premise like that. To be honest I can't even remember if it was yuri but that's all I read so it has to be. Anyway, main character looks up a girl's skirt and the girl turns out to not be frozen in time. Girl blackmails her or whatever and main character starts losing their time powers as they become more social or something like that.
>>
I personally enjoyed pic related, but it seems a lot of people were pretty angry/disappointed about how it ended. What's the general consensus of this manga on /u/?
>>
I actually laughted when when I saw this thread...

Many people dislike CITRUS, but at least there is a romance between girls going on, somewhere, over there...

I'm disappointed in any manga/anime that's released and has a potential romance between girls but it's all fanservice in the end or show hints that theres something but never actually doing anything.
>>
Stretch, I know some will meme me for expecting yuri from that, but before that, we didn't even basic good writing with all important plot-related stuff happening offscreen.

Happy end, nuff said.

Sisterism was mostly great, except for the complete lack of resolution of the two leads, they were far more clueless that their 12 year old sisters for crying at loud.

Amanchu; Amano you useless piece of shit.

Simoun
>>
>>2109233
This is clearly a post about yuri and Citrus is yuri so it's normal to complain about it. Just because it has yuri doesn't mean you should be okay with shitty mangas. And the series you are mentioning aren't yuri, they are just fucking fanservice, like Cross Ange which had girls fucking and kissing but at the end the main character fell in love with a man and they were endgame
>>
>>2109232
>The Manga We all Endured
It’s shit and you should feel shit for liking it.
>>
Yuri baits that ended up as het is definitely the shittiest.
>>
>>2109291
What exactly was so terrible about it? I get that most of the characters are shitty people who don't fully resolve their issues, but I'm fine with that because life is never neatly wrapped up in a pretty little bow.
>>
Yuru Yuri - It was extremely popular, so i had high expectations for it, turns out that this huge popularity is because it's more of a SoL comedy than a yuri anime, don't get me wrong, i have nothing against CGDCT shows, i watched and enjoyed quite a few of those, but when i'm watching a Yuri anime, with Yuri on the title, that was adapted from a manga in the Yuri Hime magazine... i expect it to be more than the usual CGDCT levels of yuri, i guess it is more yuri than K-ON, Lucky Star and etc, but it still not enough for me

NTR - Looked promising, but it quickly went to shit because the author has a ladyboner for retarded drama, and don't give me the "hurr durr purityfag" bullshit, i defend fucking Octave whenever it gets brought up, Netsuzou Trap is just cringe worthy, i found it impossible to care about anything that happened after chapter 6

Bloom into You - I seriously do not get the hype behind this, at all, i heard it was because "it's different since you experince it from the point of view of the girl who is being confessed to", but seriously, how can anyone stay awake reading this?
>>
>>2109312
Feelings is a little like Octave to me, where I started reading what I thought was a cute coming of age story with lesbians, only to suddenly be sidelined by a cheating plot. Only Octave actually resolves it properly. Sachi cheating on Ruki was rage inducing, but not unacceptable to me. Shuninta skipping from 'Yeah I cheated on you, but look at how strong and capable of protecting you it's made me!' straight to everyone graduating and making a joke of how Ruki follows Sachi around like a dog was my table flipping moment. The fact that Dynasty was at the height of its tumblrism in the forums at the time only compounded all of the other problems I found with the story.

It's just another in Amano Shuninta's long line of setting up interesting premises and skipping to the resolution in a couple of pages at the end.
>>
Cross Ange

We all know what happened here. Glad it didn't get a second season like Fukuda wanted.

Fragments of Love

Seriously? Nothing came of that. Love the art but the whole thing is just a tease. Nobody ended up together.
>>
Aoi Hana. I dropped it around the time the little one pissed herself. It was just a slog, and given how much flack other manga get for having male characters or het plots, I don't remember anyone ever complaining about how much time it spent on the het characters while nothing ever happened. And then it time skipped too.
>>
>>2109339
I don't think Cross Ange counts as yuri.
>>
I really can't get Bloom Into You. It's like Girl Friends lite.
>>
>>2109365
We thought it would be :(
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 285x281px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 285x281px
>>2109306
The worst possible route anything can take, hetshit.
>>
OP, you dumb.

It's on chapter 22 or whatever. It was a little bumpy for a few chapters with all the shitty cliffhangers and
>misunderstandings
but it's been back on track for like 3 chapters and it's as good as it has always been. It's pure yuri love and you're only upset that it comes out once every two months.
Don't worry, I am too. ;_;
>>
>>2109396
I don't remember Cross Ange gathering that much hype on /u/. The threads were always quite pessimistic.
>>
>>2109228
Literally Fragtime, though I enjoyed it for what it was.
>>
>>2109414
I had a brief burst of optimism during the past/alternate lives montage with the dragon chick, which was dashed the moment he who shall not be named showed up again.
>>
>>2109394
>>2109321
When you walk onto a basketball court and realize you're too short and unathletic to dunk the ball, do you blame the basket for being too high up? Of course not, right.

You shouldn't be disappointed in Bloom, you should be disappointed in yourselves for not being able to appreciate it.
>>
>>2109419
>past/alternate lives montage with the dragon chick
I have to ask, because I haven't watched the show but followed the threads and remember the montage and the discussion surrounding it: was it ever relevant to the plot in any shape? The protagonist and the person who was at that time the main antagonist being fated to be eternal rivals - sometimes lovers - through space and time sounds kind of important, but I don't remember it ever being brought up again.
>>
>>2109339
>Cross Ange
Only retards though Ange would end with a girl. Fucking Tusk was featuring hugging her naked in the OP, what more proof did you need? Dick signs all over her head?
Only thing I'll never forgive is that they killed Zola and Hilda became a walking joke in the second part. At least the game handled the story and characters way better.

>>2109434
It was just a fantasy from Fukuda. It could have been important for the plot, but he decided instead to heavily feature in the second part his self-insert and forgot Sala existed after her introduction.
>>
>>2109434
Nope. It was completely dropped and the show is pretty much about Tusk being awesome at everything.

>>2109435
>Fucking Tusk was featuring hugging her naked in the OP

That's the thing though. Tusk wasn't introduced until the opening. He wasn't in any promotional material. Only the girls were and since it wasn't a LN or VN adaption we didn't have to expect a harem lead to show up.
>>
File: image.jpg (90KB, 455x599px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 455x599px
>>2109151
Wow that's general care to explain?

As for me my biggest anime yuri disappointment would be Burst Angel. I don't know if them gaying things up in the prequel manga made things better or worse.
>>
>>2109437
The producer was Fukuda, you should have expected an important male character and love interest given the series he produced.
And thank God he wasn't a harem lead, nobody give a shit about him besides Ange and one of Sala's bodyguards.
>>
>>2109177
Lots of lesbians had relationships with men before realizing they loved the ladies, Sis. Doesn't mean they're bisexual. And even if they were, that's not a bad thing.
>>
>>2109232
I really liked it personally, but I'm a glutton for pain. I like twisted characters though.
>>
>>2109235
What the fuck is wrong with Simoun? The leads get together and there's plenty of kissing and angst for all.
>>
>>2109441
>Doesn't mean they're bisexual
Well, if they were, they would be fucking men, and not women.
>>
>>2109443
Not that anon but the thing that upset me about Simoun was delicious brown becoming a guy in the end. She was so cute it hurt.
>>
Kannazuki no Miko
It's a boring, yuri-flavored trainwreck. If not for the yuri, I'd place it among the worst anime I've ever watched, and I've watched hundreds of anime.
>>
>>2109437
>we didn't have to expect a harem lead to show up
But the entire show is about Ange
>>
>>2109450
Well, Wapourif was already a boy in the beginning, it just took that long for his body to change.
>>
>>2109443
>The leads get together

That's not good enough if the story and the strorytelling makes sense, which it doesn't.

>and there's plenty of kissing

"let's kiss to power our planes"

This is so blatantly fan-service-y...not nearly as bad as the rest mind you, but still something I hold against it.

Music is the greatest, though.
>>
>>2109453
Ange is too busy slurping Tusk to be a harem lead. I'm pretty sure the only reason she wasn't pregnant at the end was because Fukuda wanted a sequel.
>>
>>2109454
My point stands though he should have remained a she in my totally self aware biased opinion.
>>
>>2109456
Isn’t the ultimate harem lead cliché being some guy who’s running away from all the crazy women he’s attracted? So just because she’s not concerned with her harem doesn’t mean she does ’t have one.
>>
>>2109460
More girls is always better. I’d sacrifice Wapourif’s vagina for Mamiina Being alive though.
>>
>>2109462
The difference is that Ange isn't running away. She acknowledged Hilda's feelings but is still fucking Tusk. She made her decision.
>>
>>2109470
But that hasn’t made Hilda not in love with her, as played to ‘comedic’ effect in the finale and epilogue.
>>
Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito
>>
>>2109430
Nah, we should be disappointed in Bloom. But keep defending your favorite overrated manga. Your sense of denial is adorable.
>>
>>2109478
There's still Yuru Yuri for you.
>>
>>2109452
The yuri rape ruined KnM for me. And the mecha. I found that aspect a bit too shounen-y.
>>
>>2109464
>Mamiina Being alive

I cried bitter tears when they killed her off.
>>
>>2109455
>let's kiss to power our planes
Physical intimacy being required for plot reasons is one of the stupidest convention Japan loves to use. When will Japan accept that two characters being physically intimate with each other just because they both enjoy it is reason enough?
>>
>>2109484
Yeah but those planes were pretty cool you have to admit.
>>
>>2109339

I'm still sad about Mayu and Takaoka. Guess volume covers do lie.
>>
I agree everything you all mentioned is shit except Bloom Into You , seriously what the fuck don't you like about it? It is not the best yuri ever but it's pretty okay
>>
>>2109511
So you don't like yuri?
>>
>>2109516
I love yuri , I don't like bait and switch like cross ange or bad development of the story like NTR Citrus and Feelings we most endure , plus the unnecesary and terribly done drama, KnM was okay but the mechas fucked everything up. At least Chikane raped Himeko again in the manga
>>
>>2109528
Fair enough.
>>
>>2109414
There was just one week when stuff became optimistic: the very one when Tusk seemed dead. Such a fraud.
>>
>>2109511
You just described my problem with it, it's okay at best for me

Then again, it isn't so much /u/, but in other websites people talk about it as some kind of cutting edge, genre redefining instant classic that i should absolutely read it

It builds some expectation and when those expectations aren't met, you're dissapointed
>>
>>2109546
I think a lot of the hype came from how there was a kiss in they first or second chapter (would have to double check) and some may have centered on a real relationship instead of the usual will they/won't they bullshit.

I think a lot of that hype has died now
>>
>>2109162
Have you read Citrus? It's literally impossible to not know "why" someone would hate it. You may not be bothered by its absolute shit plot but you would have to read it with text removed in order for that question to make sense.
>>
I wouldn't say Citrus is shit.

From what I've noticed, people like to exaggerate negative opinions to feel like they say something of value.
The manga seems like it lost its track,and things don't feel like they go somewhere. there is no purpose now, and even though Mei and Yuzu date, it still feels like they only know each other for 2 months.
But I've seen a lot of boring and badly drawn yuris that deserve the title shit, Citrus is not like them.

NTR, although I believe Hotaru is the devil and I don't like her, well she gives us some good fanservice with Yuma.
I find quite unsettling how her boyfriend is. He is the classic asshole and I dislike this idea of making guys bad in yuri, just so Hotaru seems less evil.

Also, yuri fans need to get over themselves. I don't like men between yuri either, but some fans are very extreme when they see a male character, that they automaticaly categorise the whole series shit because of it. I prefer a more realistic version of stories, including yuri.

To my shit list goes Lily Love. The story is full of cliches, cliche characters, villains and main protagonists too. Glasses girl was soooo boring and without personality, it was painful.
Ratana Satis is a very good illustration, but as writer she's pretty mediocre. That includes her other recent work, Pulse.
>>
>>2109553
You're not really in a position to judge the quality of anything if you really think Bloom got its praises from a kiss panel.
>>
>>2109233
Citrus is actually yuri though, which this thread and board are about, the other shows you mentioned are just fap material for insecure pubescent boys.
>>
>>2109235
What in the fuck? Simoun? Seriously?
>>
>>2109455
I almost dropped it in the first seconds when they had to "kiss to power the ships". I liked the plot a lot though, the setting was so unique they would have to fuck up a LOT to make it a bad watch.

>>2109450
Amen. Still not as bad as best slut going for a guy AND becoming a guy.
>>
>>2109482
Rodoreamon... ;_;
>>
>>2109339
Cross Ange had a lot more yuri action then most yuri series.
>>
>>2109576
It took me a number of attempts to get past the first few episodes and it eventually only happened because I was watching it with other people. It's so good once it hits its stride though, although honestly I still don't care for Neviril or everyone creaming their panties over her.
>>
>>2109597
Kek, no one would shut up about her though she was one of the least interesting characters aside from the sisters.
>>
>>2109359
Seconded. Not exactly for the same reasons, but still. Everyone's all "Aoi Hana is a classic!" Fuck off.
>>
No one has mentioned Valkyrie Drive I'm shocked
>>
>>2109599
I was just about to read this...
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UjMm9rqjLqc
> Cross Ange was a bait and switch shit but you have to admit this was hot
>>
>>2109452
>>2109481
Count me in.

I must say though that the absolute worst of the worst is Strawberry Panic. Fucking trash.
>>
>>2109606
>was a bait and switch shit
Ange never showed any interest in any girl and the minute Tusk shows up, she wants his dick. No, the stupid flash-back doesn't count.
If anything, Hibike is bait and switch.
>>
>>2109602
VD delivered exactly what it said on the tin, how could it be a disappointment?
>>
>>2109604
Please head our warning and save yourself the trouble, dear.
>>
>>2109599
What were your reasons? Honestly, I didn't care about the inclusion of het on principal, but I was bothered at some points by how it had more progress than any of the yuri did.

Also, fucking time skips. I think the author did that with all her manga around then though.
>>
>>2109608
Shit taste on top of shit taste, desu sempai.
>>
File: 1455168379288.png (241KB, 475x725px) Image search: [Google]
1455168379288.png
241KB, 475x725px
Cardcaptor Sakura. I don't need to explain, do I?
>>
>>2109615
Shimura probably was actually more interested in the het couples than the main one. She never did anything yuri related since then, but is on full yaoi and het mode. Even her manga on the Takarazuka thing doesn't seem yuri.
>>
>>2109619
Sakura never showed any interest in Tomoyo. Tomoyo still does. It was never yuri and the anime is good. Please explain.
>>
>>2109622
She does have a couple of yuri oneshots from other collections as well I quite liked, but I never felt like she was as explicit with those as she was with the others in those collections either. It's something I've noticed a few mangaka who only dabble in yuri or yaoi doing before when they're out of their comfort zone.
>>
>>2109615
How the fuck can anyone like Aoi Hana ? All the "lesbian " girls there ended up with men because it turned up the lesbianism was just a phase , all of them but Fumi and the adult couple. That is too cliche but the worst problem is that it's fucking offensive. Akira and Fumi were awkward to watch, Akira clearly went out with Fumi because she didn't want to lose their friendship and wanted to give her a chance, but she realised she didn't like her that way and dumped her, only to suddenly discover she truly was in love with Fumi in the fucking last chapter. Also Aoi Hana is fucking boring
>>
>>2109627
>All the "lesbian " girls there ended up with men because it turned up the lesbianism was just a phase
>>
>>2109602
The staff had someone who took on the title of "Exploding Breast Producer". With that in mind, it sort of set some expectations on what kind of series Valkyrie Drive would be and delivered on that.
>>
Love Live (does that count as yuri?) I don't particularly hate it, but the only reason I knew about it was because of how much fanwork there was, so I thought "hey, a lot of people seem to like this so it must be really good".

It didn't interest me much and I got busy and never finished it near the beginning of season 2. I didn't actively ever decide "this series is shit, dropped", but it's not something I ever felt the need to finish.

I still read the doujins though.
>>
Citrus is alright, but the endless obstacles and the snail pace of their relationship even when there aren't any obstacles is infuriating. Build-up is fine, but it's gotten to the point where they need to just fuck already holy shit.
>>
>>2109647
Same here. I love all the doujins, but the anime just isn't interesting enough to bother with for me.
>>
>>2109147
I like it. It's like those telemundo soap operas, but with lesbians.
>>
File: 0.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
>>2109651
>Why you don't love Mei Antonia?
>Indeed I love you Yuzu Maria!
>Why you're fooling around with those...
>And what's about Harumi Roberta?
>>
>>2109666
This is perfect, I love you.
>>
It has taken me years to get past the first episode of Yuru Yuri. I usually love slice of life shows, but I feel like this one has been hyped into the fucking sun and will never live up. Are there even couples somewhat recognized in the show? I'm talking like Kou/Rin levels even from New Game!- not even explicit dating. I finally watched episodes 2 and 3 today, and sure there's glasses girl bleeding all over everything, which is getting old. At least the two senpais were cute at their little apartment sleepover.

Back on topic- Aoi Hana was never my cup of tea. That was pretty shit tier and weird- I quit around the peeing part like a lot of others here.

Earlier this year I watched Hibikek because of the ultra gay scenes I saw- not knowing it was bait. And now knowing what it is, and what season 2 will be feels shit.

Another recent thing- the tracing tier and telenovela known as What Does the Fox Say. Regrets, so weird and plastic. I saw a general here and was out of current series to read, never going back to that again.

There's also been countless shit manga I've randomly read on Dynasty. Somewhat forgiven for finding A Kiss And A White Lily. That series is cute.
>>
>>2109651
I read the doujins and knew that it could never live up to that level of yuri so I stayed away from the anime. It would only disappoint me at this point.

>>2109704
Yuru Yuri pairings aren't set in stone but Namori has obvious favorites for endgame if it ever allows a solid ending which it won't. The manga is more consistent with character development but the anime is fun to watch.
>>
Mentally went over some of the yuri or borderline yuri that I remember.

Akuma no Riddle
It was supposedly a mixture of drama, action and yuri, so I didn't expect yuri to take center stage. However, I ended up feeling like Akuma no Riddle ended up coming a bit short on all fronts.

Everything translated by Kodama Naoko
Feels like a lot of melodrama that leads to very little payoff. The oneshots are okay though.

Love Live Anime
Reasons mentioned above. Also doesn't help that I didn't like Honoka much and she took a lot of the spotlight and Kotori was basically just Honoka's Yes Man.

Riko & Haru
Confession scene and then FRIENDSHIP END OUTTA NOWHERE!

Shitsurakuen
Might be the most disappointing of the bunch. Premise is a girl goes to an academy that runs on misogny and weaponization of women and decides to save them from abuse. A nice harem is building up but suddenly, we're expected to feel sorry for the abusers and believe that they're just as much of a "victim to the system" as the women they abused. Then, one by one, the women in the harem return to the "reformed" abusers side. I wouldn't have minded the men being redeemed if it was well done. This was not well done. I'm honestly surprised no one brought this up.

Mondlicht
Neat premise. Was not too happy with the direction it took in later chapters.

Alright, those are what come to mind for now. I'll list some of the yuri I do like so that it doesn't seem like I read/watch yuri just to hate it:
Almost everything by Itou Hachi
Qualia the Purple (favorite)
Everything by Kuzushiro
Daily Witch
Everything by Mira
Dark Forest White Road is shaping up to look pretty nice
>>
>>2109720
Thanks! I figured but it's nice to get some confirmation. I'll check out the manga, and just enjoy the anime for the slice of life.
>>
>>2109750
>Akuma no Riddle
It's really funny when the artist makes fanart of their own series that is more yuri than the real thing
>>
Strawberry Panic (manga) for me. 1st got axed. 2nd the way hirari is developed. 3rd i don't like hanazono shizuma
>>
>>2109449
>If they were (bisexual) they would be fucking men, and not women.

...Do you understand what being bisexual implies, Anon? It means both. You can like fucking both groups.
>>
>>2109608
God, Strawberry Panic was so bad.
>>
>>2109750
>Shitsurakuen
I forgot this thing existed. Yes, this takes the cake easily, biggest dissapointment ever.
>>
>>2109783
Then again, I believe Minakata draws what Yun tells her to, I don't know if she can increase the level of yuri without asking for Yun's permission.
>>
>>2109750
>Shitsurakuen
I remember reading that one but I forgot what it was called
> We know you abused and treated us as trash, but we're gonna apologize to you anyway
In all honesty I thought the story was fine until one of the worst ending I have ever read.
>>
>>2110041
>>2110046
I was so happy to find a completely scanlated, multivolume yuri series too so it made it doubly disappointing that it ended up the way it did.
>>
Yuru Yuri. Boring, lame jokes, no yuri, just waifufag bait. By far the worst thing that ever got called yuri.
>>
Stretch

i had zero expectations and it still managed to piss me off. it wasn't a worthwhile ending at ALL, on any level.

>>2109339
>Cross Ange
yeah that pretty much put me off watching anime until /u/ approval. i was not expecting ange to end up with a girl (she's a shit) but the complete shift in focus from hot wimminz to fukuda's male fantasy men was the worst.
>>
>>2109895
90% of said "bisexuals" are in a strictly straight relationship.
And all the bi girls I knew were only fucking guys and sometimes girls in a threesome with their bf.
>>
>>2109611
>never showed any interest in any girl
Didn't she staight up make out with redhead in the middle of a conversation in the series? The impression I walked away from the show with was that she was with tusk but still had her on the side.

I can understand why cross ange would be hated but a lot of these posts seem to ignore how it still had actual yuri in it. Quite a bit in fact if you compared it to other "real" yuri shows.
>>
>>2110196
Yuri that, in the end, never went anywhere, much like the subtexty shows you are so apt to criticize. I don't see how it's surprising that people would prefer to watch girls interacting with girls that could be interpreted as romantic in nature more, than straight out yuri tossed into the bin the moment the male gets introduced.

Explicit yuri doesn't make something good by definition. I'm sick and tired of subtext personally, especially when they are so overly gay for each other that you'd have to mentally impaired to argue they aren't in love, but I'd rather watch another season full of Symphogay/Yuuki Yuuna/Gochumon whatever than more Cross Ange.
>>
>>2110201
I agree completely, tusk kind of ruined the show for me, I just hate to see all the actual yuri there was ignored as if it never existed. There are at least half a dozen sex/kiss scenes I remember.

If I recall correctly Ange said there was a place for redhead in her world after making out with her so at least there is that. They just never showed it on screen afterwards because god damn it.

And hey, Sympghogeah has two more seasons coming and YuYuYu is bound to get another one like 30 years from now. Madoka too. There is still a chance to be disappointed because you set your hopes too high simply by having them in the first place, again.
>>
File: 1425087741761.jpg (314KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1425087741761.jpg
314KB, 550x550px
>>2110201
>yuri never went anywhere
Yeah, it's not like Rosalie and Chris finally became a couple in the end, or that Ersha was gay, or Hilda remained a lesbian and was never converted to the dick or even that most of the cast was actually gay, and not prison gay or bi.
Cross Ange had more yuri than 90% of so-called yuri anime but /u/ hates it so much for whatever reason they rather watch things which'll never go anywhere, because it has no males.
>>
>>2110201
I think Chris x Rosalie evolved a bit. They always fucked, but then they had all that drama about Chris being emo because her friends treated her bad or whatever.
>>
>>2110218
To be honest, Cross Ange is shit even with yuri. The plot is a fucking mess, everything is a mess. Removing Tusk would not fix everything.
>>
>>2110223
No, but /u/ has low standards.
>>
>>2110223
The first part was okay, the second was awful. It doesn't excuse /u/ being whiny about it when they praise shit like Hibike which is the definition of bait and switch.
>>
>>2110227
>they praise shit like Hibike
Have you taken a look at the current Hibike threads? It's far from being the /u/-approved anime you make it out to be.
>>
>>2110231
Only was in the threads for the first season which were an endless flow of
>Kyoani saving yuri!
>t-they'll make them gay, you'll see!
>Yamada is so great, she'll change the end of the novel!
and it seems like there's still quite a few anons blinded in their delusion.
>>
>>2110232
You realize those were part of an argument with the rest of the anons who didn't agree with them, right?

You can't claim that "/u/ praises shit like Hibike" when it's such a divided topic.
>>
>>2110232
Kyoani fans are the worst, really.
>>
>>2110232
I’m really not looking forward to season 2 airing.
>>
>>2110241
I was never in the Hibikek threads, but same here. I watched the first season not knowing what the light novels were about. I'm sure they're going to... Shoe... in the shitty love interests then.

I would have been fine with what they define as "ambiguous" from the first season.
>>
>>2110241
I didn't even watch it and those S1 threads gave me anxiety. I'm setting filters when S2 airs for my own sanity.
>>
>>2109194
>relationship has to stall constantly
Doesn't HAVE to be like that.
Alternatively you could have something like i.e. Kiniro that has them kissing towards the end, with the relationship developing.
>>
>>2109396
Like until the opeing started?
It's not like they were baiting.
At least it was enjoyable, in a schlocky kind of way.
>>2109339
>second season
Really? What the hell was supposed to happen there? There was nothing left to do, it would have been like post-Aizen Bleach.
>>
>>2110389
>it would have been like post-Aizen Bleach

Which is a thing.
>>
>>2110465
Yeah, that's what I meant.
>>
Definitely Shitsurakuen for me. Haven't got around to burn the couple volumes I bought yet.
>>
>>2109359
>>2109599
Skip the anime, read the manga
>>
File: image.jpg (88KB, 353x598px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88KB, 353x598px
I still get into a frothy rage when I think of the first Mai Hime manga.

And the atrocity that is the Mai Otome manga. Manshiro being stronger than all the girls was the final nail.

Mai Hime EXA was nice for being faithful to the anime and seeing Natsuki solo Mai was catharsis incarnate, but that bad end was painful.
>>
>>2110814
It genuinely bothers me that there’s a significant number of people who prefer the MO manga.
>>
>>2110601
You actually spent money on that trash? Now that's just depressing. Well if you're going to destroy it then you might as well make it fun. Like trying it to a huge firework and blowing it up to bits.
>>
>>2110158
>90% of said "bisexuals" are in a strictly straight relationship.

First issue: if you're a bi woman in a opposite-sex relationship, that doesn't somehow remove the fact that you like girls too. It's like a sofa with a built-in bed; sometimes it functions as a sofa, but it never stops also being a bed, and vice versa. That's a pretty dumb argument.

There's a lot of reasons bisexual women end up with opposite-sex partners, too. Some lesbians don't like bisexuality as an orientation (like you, Anon!), so that takes a lot of potential partners out of a very small dating pool. And chances are as a bi woman you'll know a lot more straight men than lesbian women, that's just more statistically likely, so you naturally have a higher chance of being with a dude because there are more potential partners that could be compatible with you than lesbian women.

I would die for a girlfriend, Sis, but it's fucking hard to meet women, especially since a lot of them clam up as soon as they hear I'm bisexual. I'm super into them, and they just assume I'm an asshole.
>>
>>2110916
In all honesty, you should probably take it up with all the straight women who parrot that they're bisexual for attention instead of the lesbians who are just trying to protect themselves. But this isn't that thread. And if there's so many bi women being snubbed by lesbians how come none of them are dating each other?
>>
>>2110925
>This isn't that thread.
It is now, thanks to whichever Anon brought it up.

>In all honesty, you should probably take it up with all the straight women who parrot that they're bisexual for attention instead of the lesbians who are just trying to protect themselves.

Why not take it one step further and take it up with the men who fetishize same-sex attraction as fuel for their boners? Straight women only do that because they think men believe it's hot, and they want to please those men.

Secondly, for lesbians "protecting" themselves from bi women; lesbian women cheat on their partners too. Straight women cheat on their male partners with other men. One orientation doesn't cheat more than the other. If a lesbian is careful because she's been cheated on in the past, I get that, but if she hasn't even been cheated on and she's "being careful" because she thinks I'm going to cheat strictly because I'm bisexual, then that's fucking bullshit.

>If there's so many bi women being snubbed by lesbians how come none of them are dating each other?

What makes you think they aren't? They probably are, but you see them as:

Girl and girl dating? Lesbians.
Boy and boy dating? Gay.
Girl and boy dating? Straight, even though they could both be bisexual.

People erase us, then say "Bisexual people don't really exist! They're either straight or pretending they're not gay!" Fuck those people.
>>
>>2110853
They probably like the harem crap. That shits popular unfortunately.

The only good things about the manga are the story structure and the art.

Having a guy be a stronger Otome than the girls is gross to say nothing of having Shizuru of all people place his face in her breasts.
>>
>>2110937
Because I find it insulting to imply that women are incapable of considering or taking responsibility for their own actions. I didn't even mean cheating either. On two separate occasions I've had 'bi' women take me out for a test drive, only to realise that they weren't actually into women enough to want to fuck them. Lesbians are crazy as shit, but at least you know what you're getting into.

>What makes you think they aren't?
Probably because in 4 years of being involved in my uni's LGBT the girls who actually dated each other only ever seemed to identify as lesbians. It's possibly rude, but people did ask. And if some of them were bi and afraid to be open about it, well then you should probably tell your comrades to be braver.
>>
>>2110947
What exactly does "taking responsibility for their own actions" even mean if you don't mean cheating, Anon? So you went on two dates with women who thought they could be into you, and it turned out that they weren't really into women as much as they thought - are you saying that if you don't immediately understand every facet of your personal sexuality an entire orientation should be held suspect? Because that's what it seems like you're saying. Sorry you had a shitty couple of dates, Anon, but there have been plenty of women who have gone on dates with men only to realize that they were lesbians later. There's not really a difference.

>At uni they only seemed to identify as lesbians.
What, so your individual experience at whatever university you go to is inherently of the same scope as the rest of the world? I hate to break it to you, Anon, but bisexual people are the largest single demographic of the LGBT movement. Your experience is limited, and you can't use it across such a large scope as indicative of reality as a whole.

>Tell your comrades to be braver.
It's not up to me, Anon. I believe in coming out, but at the same time I get why they wouldn't. When I come out to lesbians, about 80% of the time they are hostile right off the bat. I can get why some bisexual women (especially at college-age, which can be an uncertain time) would rather hide (get erased rather) by claiming lesbianism in front of other LGBT people. I mean, look at our conversation here. You've thrown several harmful stereotypes out here about an entire community of people because of one or two negative experiences you've had. That's not exactly welcoming to people who are in the closet about their bisexuality. It was the same for closeted gay and lesbian people in earlier decades; it's hard to come out when all you ever hear is negativity about your orientation. Maybe you should stop judging bisexual people based on two shitheads you had some bad dates with.
>>
>>2110957
>What exactly does "taking responsibility for their own actions" even mean if you don't mean cheating, Anon?
Hearing from other women that their misrepresentation of bisexuality is damaging to people who genuinely identify as bisexual and that they shouldn't behave like that just to titillate men. I've come across other lesbians doing similar shit too and it bothers me as well.

>Two dates
More like two multiple month relationships.

I never said that all bisexuals are shit, just that in my experience, and in that of many others, all or most of the bisexuals I've come into contact with were shit, so it's understandable if people would be wary. If people calling themselves bisexual are giving bisexuals a bad name, then that's something you have to sort out in your own camp. I mean, I'd still date you if you were cute because I'm a glutton for punishment.
>>
>>2110957
To think my little comment about bi girls would produce such butthurt.
Not the anon you were talking to, but same experience; bi girls always go for lesbians when they want to experiment or some change. They don't date other bi girls, or just for a quick fuck. And those bi girls aren't college girls, I knew a couple who had a kid together, the bi left the other and what did she do? She went right for the dick.
So, why do you think lesbians are so wary with bi girls?

>bisexual people are the largest single demographic of the LGBT
And yet you lot seem unable to date other bi girls, and go on about how it is so so hard to be able to live a straight life, while claiming lesbians don't like you, and for good reasons.

There's probably some bi girls who are really into girls and wonderful, and not straight girls who are into it because of their boyfriend, or bi girls who actually only go out with men, but they're so rare it would probably be easier to find a lesbian. They're that rare.
>>
File: Venus_Versus_Virus_285598.jpg (72KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
Venus_Versus_Virus_285598.jpg
72KB, 500x499px
Didn't read the thread, just did a Ctrl+F for "Virus" and "VVV" and no results. No one else remembers the awful tease of this show?
>>
>>2110988
I heard ahead of time that there was no satisfactory resolution so I avoided it. It was a manga too, wasn’t it?
>>
>>2110981
>To think my little comment about bi girls would produce such butthurt.
It's cool, you're just contributing to the disparagement of an entire orientation that has real-life effects for them. Who would be annoyed by that?

I'll clear up your misconception here. One thing that bi women have that other queer people don't is a foot in two worlds. When you're bi, you like both, but the attraction can still be a matter of degrees and there's no set standard on who you should end up with. I am much more attracted to women than men, for example, but that doesn't mean I'm guaranteed to end up with a woman, because you still have to take into account relationship chemistry and the character of the person you're seeing. If I'm married to a woman, it's because she's a wonderful person that I love. If I'm married to a man, it's because he's a wonderful person that I love. As women we were all conditioned by straight society that male/female relationships are the norm. When you're a lesbian, you have the difficult process of being brave and saying "No, I reject that," and then you date the ladies and that's that. When you're a bi woman, it's not that simple, because you can want both being with a man and/or being with a woman. I came from a conservative small town in the Midwest where queer people were ridiculed and bullied outrageously. I knew I was probably attracted to both, but I was afraid to pursue women because I thought I'd be rejected or bullied for it, so men were easier to pursue. Once I got to college it was easier to talk to women, but you would see that as "experimentation." It's not though; I always wanted it, I just couldn't go after it safely before.
>>
>>2110974

>>2110974
I always ask people to stop when I see straight girls kissing for exactly that reason. Now that I'm out of college, though, that doesn't happen often. I agree with you on that. But Anon, this whole "these people are giving you a bad name, police that" is still nonsense. You don't see gay men running around saying "Hey, gay men that are really into casual sex, stop that! You're bringing down the gay men in long-term, monogamous relationships!" I think the better option is to teach people to judge by individuals, not by groups. That's how it should work for every identity, not just LGBT ones. If a person is shitty, they're a shitty person. You have to judge each individual by their own actions. It's easier to lump all members of a group together, but it's not the right thing to do.
>>
>>2111010
>real-life effects for them
Come on, if you can't stomach comments about how most bisexuals date men and use lesbians, what the hell are you doing on 4chan?
And you know, when you meet a certain kind of people who end up doing the exact same thing, well, you start generalizing. It may be stupid, but that's what humans do. Kind of like how lesbians can only be obese, ugly and look like men, since the femme ones will necessarily want the dick one day or the other, even if that's not true.
>>
>>2110981
So you're basically saying that the only way that woman in the couple would avoid your judgement is if she would've dated another woman after she broke up with her spouse/girlfriend? So you're basically saying she could only avoid your judgement of bi people by performing as a lesbian only?

Thanks for completely illustrating the silliness of your thinking.

>And yet you lot seem unable to date other bi girls, and go on about how it is so so hard to be able to live a straight life, while claiming lesbians don't like you, and for good reasons

Uh, I've yet to see any reason in this thread that actually holds up to logic, Sis. It's just been a slew of "But she'll cheat on me! But they're not REALLY queer! They should just date other people like them!" Newsflash: I like women, so on a fundamental level, I am "like you." If I'm into you, I'm into you, see? Wouldn't matter if you were a lesbian or bi; what matters is the sweet lady-loving.

And I'm not "leading a straight life." I get erased by other people, which means I have to come out over and over and over again, each time about as uncomfortable as the last. And lesbian women (Like you, Anon!) are distrustful of me for no other reason than that I exist, which means that I get a lot of shit for no reason other than my sexuality. Gee, a group of people acting like assholes just because of who I'm attracted to? That seems really...I don't know...IRONIC somehow. Kind of like how straight people are assholes to LGBT people. Yeah, that's it! How exactly is this easy, again? It's not the same flavor of discrimination as easily-identified queer people, but that doesn't mean it's sunshine and puppies either.
>>
>>2111012
You totally see gay men complaining that all the promiscuous ones give them a bad name, what rock are you living under? And I don't see how at any point I've not judged bisexuals by all the individual ones I've met. I know one bisexual girl I adore, and she just makes the others look shittier desu. I'm from a group of people who get discriminated against myself when we go abroad, because we're known for wrecking the places we holiday in and being shitty employees. And y'know, I can't hold that against the people who've had bad experiences with us, because we brought it on ourselves. Is it right? I dunno. Is it sensible? Definitely.
>>
>>2111020
>...what the hell are you doing on 4chan?

Oh, the site doesn't matter, Neesan. This happens with about every queer women's group I've experienced. It happened on a Facebook group I used to be in, it happened on Tumblr, and it's happened here and in other places. The site doesn't matter; in those groups, the lesbians eventually turned on their bisexual members. Why, I don't know; all I want is to be able to gush about pretty girls without people being a dick about it.

Defending generalizing is silly. Just apply it to any subgroup; race, gender, sexuality, etc. It might happen because we allow ourselves to do it, but that doesn't make it right. Why do you want to be like the rest of those scrubs, Anon?
>>
>>2111027
I don't think anyone was a dick about you gushing about pretty girls.
>>
>>2111024
>I haven't judged bisexuals by the individual ones I've met.
Anon, you said that 90% of bisexuals end up in straight relationships, and you've only had experiences with two people. This whole conversation stems from your judgement that all people in that group function like the two women you knew. See where I'm going here?

>I can't hold that against the people who've had bad experiences with us, because we brought it on ourselves.

But that makes no sense. You didn't wreck a place, did you? You weren't a bad employee, were you? Because if you weren't, it's wrong for people to judge you with suspicion. You didn't do anything wrong.
>>
>>2111031
Exhibit A:

>NTR im still following that but i fear it may not even end in/u/ terms
>also both girls are bisluts, fuck that

Thus the reason for this entire conversation. This is /u/; we all want happy endings with lady kisses. If a character is bisexual, that doesn't change anything about the fact that we want endings with lady kisses. If a girl's bi, who cares as long as she loves her girl more than anyone else? There's no need to be a dick to an entire orientation--bi women like me love cute girls as much as any lesbian.
>>
>>2111023
>she broke up with her spouse/girlfriend
I forgot to mention that woman said she'll never date another woman again and that men were easier to live with, so there's that.
> I get erased by other people
Don't know where you live, but here bi girls are highly valued by men, since they can go for threesome and tell awesome stories about how their girlfriend fucked other women. Other straight women think that's hot.

>This happens with about every queer women's group I've experienced
Maybe, just maybe pretty much all lesbians have the same experiences with bi girls, that's all.
And I've got no problem talking about girls and other things with a bi girl.

>>2111032
>you said that 90% of bisexuals end up in straight relationships
That was me. You know that more than one anon is answering to you?
>>
File: gotta save my waifu.webm (444KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
gotta save my waifu.webm
444KB, 1280x720px
>>2109602
>No one has mentioned Valkyrie Drive I'm shocked

Lady Lady alone made that show great
>>
>>2111032
No, I said I dated 2 bisexuals, I never said I've only come into contact with 2 professed bisexuals in my entire life. That's a leap on your part. And I wasn't the anon who said 90% either.

We all have a finite amount of time and money in this world. I wouldn't want to rent to someone from where I'm from if the previous 3 groups wrecked the house, or employ someone if the 3 previous employees showed up drunk, late or not at all. So I'll hold it against my peers who behave poorly, rather than the people who gave us a chance and lost out on it.
>>
>>2111034
Someone was a dick about bisexuals. No one was a dick about you personally gushing about pretty girls.

I also nearly took umbrage with that comment myself, but decided it wasn't worth the hassle.
>>
>>2111035

Your graph means nothing. I've explained before; statistically, there are more male partners available than female partners that are okay with a bisexual woman. The odds are more in my favor that I'll end up with a guy because there are more guys that are willing to date me.

>She'll never date another woman again and that men were easier to live with
I'm not sure where you're going with that. I know women who don't date certain kinds of men based on previous relationships.

By erasure I mean this; if I'm with a dude, people think I'm straight. If I'm with my girlfriend, people assume I'm a lesbian. Neither is correct.

I would also argue that straight women may think it's "hot" because their male partners think it's hot, since lesbian-themed porn is mostly catered to male fantasies. That actually brings up another point; bi women are seen as objects for fun threesome sexy times first and foremost. To be fair, I was invited into a threesome once, and it was fantastic because I was really in love with the girl involved, but also sad because she was only in it for fun. I'm a bisexual who slept with another bisexual, and I don't hold her not wanting to date me long-term against her.

>Maybe all lesbians have the same experiences with bi girls, that's all.
Or perhaps we just sit down and hide and shut the fuck up and pretend we're lesbians or straight rather than deal with the bullshit we would get by speaking up?

>You know that more than one anon is answering to you?
Hard to tell. The nonsense all pretty much sounds the same from where I'm sitting.

>I've got no problem talking about girls and other things with a bi girl.
Except when it comes to accepting that we exist and are valid and aren't all fucking assholes to lesbian women. Guh.

Ok, I get it. I'm getting nowhere. Just like every other goddamn time. I always think maybe I'll get through to someone, but...let's just go back to discussing cute girls, okay?
>>
>>2111035
http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2016/05/04/over_80_percent_of_bisexuals_end_up_in_straight_relationships_why.html

There's the article that explains the stat, by the way. Not the best, but it's okay.
>>
>>2111040
It's nigh-impossible to be "personal" on 4chan. We're all anonymous. That's the point. What I'm saying is if someone is a dick about bisexuals, by principle they're a dick to every bisexual in the thread. That's what I'm saying.

Let me clarify further; I was in a FB group for my city that focused on queer women, as with Tumblr, and the moment I talked about some pretty women I was met with "You're bi, you can really be queer, stop pretending to be queer," etc. It was bizarre and shitty.
>>
Fun fact about Shitsurakuen, I showed someone the last chapter of it and they didn't even realize that it was yuri.

Sora was drawn to look more and more like a guy as the series went on and could be easily mistaken as a guy in the final chapters whereas she still looked obviously like a female in the early chapters. Might be just the clothes, but she definitely got flatter as the series went on. It's like the opposite of what Ritz does.
>>
>>2111044
>Except when it comes to accepting that we exist and are valid and aren't all fucking assholes to lesbian women. Guh.
You definitely exist, it's just that most of you are cunts. Like most of everyone.
>>
a bisexual it found out that I was a lesbian and asked me out on a date but I said no was dating bisexual and she became very angry
>>
>>2111051
Angry that you were already dating someone, or angry that you turned her down?

Either way, what a bitch.
>>
>>2111044
>pretend we're lesbians
That's the worst thing to do, because when the bi girl leave for a man, the lesbian thinks she's so awful her ex went for a man, and the man thinks he converted a lesbian. Good job.
>accepting that we exist
For fuck's sake, bi girls exist, but it's a fact that most of them are dating men. I couldn't give any less of a shit if a girl was bi or straight or lesbian, as long as she's cool and fun being with.
>>
>I've got no problem talking about girls and other things with a bi girl.
>Most of you are cunts.

Ok.
>>
>>2111053
angry that you turned her down , I reject
>>
>>2111056
Let me clarify; in groups for queer women, it's easier for some girls to pretend to be lesbians around other lesbians than acknowledge their bisexuality to lesbians. I didn't mean women in relationships, I meant women in social media groups that are focused on queer women.

>I don't care...as long as she's cool and fun being with.
That's comforting, Anon, but a lot of people in this thread don't share your view. And I posted the article that explains why a lot of bi women date men; it's just statistically more likely.
>>
>>2111059
Wait, she was angry that you turned her down?
I'm not quite sure what you're saying.
>>
>>2111048
Yup, that is both bizarre and shitty and I don't know why anyone would do that. I can get why a lot of lesbians would be hesitant to date a bi girl not actually including myself, despite prior experiences, because a cute girl is still a cute girl. I'm just saying I'd probably be expecting you to dump me for the first few months. but that doesn't excuse outright attacking someone for no reason.

I take it you don't hang out on /lgbt/ then?
>>
>>2111057
Different anons. And don't we all love cunts here?
>>
>>2111061
>acknowledge their bisexuality to lesbians
Weird. Maybe because I'm not a part of lesbian groups or whatever, hell, I don't even know a single lesbian IRL, but as long as the bi girl like other girls and discuss about it, there should be no problem.
>>
>>2111064
If you were a cool lady, Anon, I would be glued to you. I get very attached to awesome people.

I don't go on LGBT often; it seems like I always hit the bad threads when I'm there. I checked just now, and there's a shitpost saying "Only men can be bisexual. Women are either 100% gay or 100% straight." I know they're shitposting, but it makes me so tired. But /u/ is usually my home, because it doesn't come up as much and I love talking about cute girls.
>>
>>2111072
There's the crux of this discussion; if bi women are on /u/, they like other girls. There shouldn't be a problem, but like the Anon above posted, some people just hate bisexual women for existing.
>>
>>2111049
I was never sure if the art was just getting shitter anyway, or if the artist was going out of his way to make her look like a dude. If you skipped straight to the end you would have had no idea who it was.
>>
>>2111078
There's retards everywhere. Some hate lesbians, others hate bi girls. You shouldn't care about what people you don't know think about you. And if they were acquaintances and their attitude change the moment they learn you're bi, well, they were just assholes to begin with.
>>
>>2111062
she very angry
>>
File: image.png (712KB, 800x690px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
712KB, 800x690px
>>2111061
Sounds like two groups of people who feel threatened by each other. One who feels like they aren't being acknowledged and another who feels betrayed given how often we see girls got for the d in media and real life it's understandable. Still people should be judged on case by case basis ideally.

Or be a misanthrope like me and hate everyone!

Back on topic will we ever have a decent Mai Hime manga with shiznat where no guy gets in the way?
>>
>>2111087
Hello oneesan , bisexual girls are dirty and promiscuous
>>
>>2111208
That's why we need to bathe them and shackle them to good onee-samas with love.
>>
>>2111256
>>
>>2111074
I identified as bi as a teenager, identified as lesbian in college, and then realized im actually just bi post college. The whole time when I thought I was lez and there was this really awesome lesbian community, eventually I found out the community is really awful. It's not homophobia or outside straights being mad at homos that are causing the lez dating scene to be shit, its the queer women themselves. Especially queer women who somehow trick themselves into thinking they're lesbians and eventually find out that they actually prefer men. They also completely destroy the point of using definitions and labels to accurately describe their sexual preferences to the point that men AND women worldwide believe that lesbians are a phase.

After much observation, I understand why lesbians feel the way they do against bisexuals. A straight man will always benefit in a relationship with a bi girl since he gets the girl/girl bonus. A lesbian will not get the same benefit and is more likely to lose the bi girl because she got no cock, no semen, no kids to provide, etc. There are so many bisexuals who prefer men, they're like pidgeys or rattatas. A bisexual who prefers women is quite rare in comparison. In my experience, bisexual women are a completely different orientation on their own, and they should get their own board/community/group/clubs, away from the lesbians because they're wants and needs are very very different than what lesbians are looking for. In my experience, bisexual women are more likely to go off topic and talk about their like for men in discussions about f/f relationships because bisexual women want to discuss their love for both sexes, not just one or the other. So when a lesbian says she does not want to be in a relationship with a bisexual girl, I completely understand. That's her right to have her preferences.
>>
>>2111256
shut up bisexual girl , please dies
>>
>>2111259
>>2111261
Is your shitposting so inept it took two attempts to even reply to me?
>>
>>2111260
I agree, bisexual girls give disreputable
>>
>>2111262
Bisexual women have worse mental health than lesbians

Bisexual women are less likely to be in a relationship and more likely to experience poor mental health and mental distress than lesbians, new research has found.
According to the results, bisexual women were 64% more likely to report an eating problem and 37% more likely to have deliberately self-harmed than lesbians.
They were also 26% more likely to have felt depressed and 20% more likely to have suffered from anxiety in the previous year than lesbians.
"Although bisexual women in our study reported experiencing less sexuality-based discrimination than lesbians, this did not benefit their mental health," said study senior author Ford Hickson from London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine.
Bisexual women were less likely to experience sexuality-related discrimination from work, healthcare services, education and family than lesbians, but they were more likely to experience discrimination from friends, the findings showed.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/sex-and-relationships/research-bisexual-women-have-worse-mental-health-than-lesbians/story-OqLiDOJqbhh7GDymoNIaYK.html
>>
Nice blogs everyone. Where can I subscribe for more blogposts about bisexuals which is absolutely related to the topic of this thread and this board?
>>
Zettai Shoujo Seiiki Amnesian

I enjoyed Kannazuki no Miko, in sort of a guilty pleasure way. I could see why some yuri fans would dislike it and it has a lot of things that could be improved upon.

However, Amnesian was just a disappointment. The characters were so flanderized that I had to doublecheck the author was the same at one point because it read like a bad AU fanfic. I know that they technically aren't the same characters as in KnM, but I still had some expectations of what they would be like.

Yes, I am aware that the Chikane for most of the story is an imposter, but that sort of makes it even more disappointing.
>>
Is Kanamemo good? I don't want to be disappointed again and every single yuri anime I've watched so far was bad.
>>
>>2111322
Very yuri, bit slow sometimes. Better watched an episode or two at a time rather than binged, I think, having watched it twice.
>>
>>2111322
>every single yuri anime I've watched so far was bad.
That says more about yourself than the anime you watched, to be honest.
>>
>>2111322
If I remember correctly the first minutes of the first episode has a kiss literally right out of the door. It was a good SoL with nothing but unambiguous lesbians. Good stuff.
>>
>>2111322
There's an already established yuri couple to start with. No new couples form throughout the course of the anime, but I heard one couple that's teased during the anime eventually ends up together in the untranslated chapters of the manga.
>>
not an anime but faking it i watched it thinking that them faking being lesbians but nope just het shit
>>
>>2111343
Almost every lesbian movie/tv show is a yuri disappointment.
>>
>>2111324
>>2111341
>>2111342
Thanks for the answers, I'll try watching that.

>>2111329
Not really, there are many yuribait anime I enjoy like Hibike Euphonium, New Game, Amanchu and Strike Witches, it's just that Strawberry Panic, Aoi Hana and the other actual yuri anime I've tried to watch were really bad.
>>
Nobody's mentioned SSY? If I hadn't watched it for the yuri I probably would have enjoyed it, though. Manga's an even bigger tease.
>>
>>2111461
>I enjoy
>Hibike Euphonium
>Amanchu
Yeah the problem lies with you, not the yuri anime. Sorry to say.
>>
>>2111476
Strawberry Panic and Aoi Hana are fucking terrible though. Simoun was fantastic, though a bit of a slow starter. I enjoyed Blue Drop as well. Skip Sasameki Koto and read the manga. Kanamemo is decent. Marimite is a classic, but pure subtext bar one storyline and the gay cousin. I’m not sure what else is an explicitly yuri show offhand. Oh, Valkyrie Drive! I loved it, but I love shlocky ecchi action shows as long as they have lesbians.
>>
Kashimashi ended with Hazumu/Tomari instead of Hazumu/Yasuna. It made no sense. Yasuna should have been the end game or it should have been an OT3. Hazumu spent most of the manga with Yasuna, not Tomari.
>>
>>2111480
What's so bad about Aoi Hana? Well, other than the ending of the manga, but the anime got nowhere close to it. The only real criticism I have of it other than 'girls aren't kissing every second of this series', which it sadly has in common with every piece of media ever made except some special-interest porn vids, is the pacing was a bit too languid for me. Its style of slow build works a bit better in manga format.
>>
>>2111586
It's boring and nothing happens. Aoi Hana and Sasameki Koto both work better as manga.
>>
>>2109439
I watched it only for the cute girls, not expecting yuri at all. Then was surprised as it seemed more and more (despite calling a couple guys "hot") that Meg was emotionally attached to Jo. Then the final episode where she kissed her cheek while sleeping really got me excited.
Then it ended the way it did.

However, I later saw that the music video included with Infinity takes place 5 years after the show. And it shows Sei and Jo in it. Meaning they didn't die. So I can imagine that Jo and Meg eventually got their happy ending.

It's naively optimistic, I'm aware.
>>
>>2111342
>one couple that's teased
Which one?
There's two in I remember.
>>
>>2111625
Kana and Mika.
>>
>>2111476
>implying people shouldn't enjoy Hibike Euphonium and Amanchu

Top kek, both are well received everywhere but here, and they are only hated here because of petty criticism like "they aren't real yuri!" and similar shit that doesn't influence the overall quality of a show.

In fact, both shows are better than all yuri anime other than Ikuhara's works and Marimite. /a/ would agree, MAL would agree, /r/anime would agree and so would any other place as shit like Kannazuki no Miko is only tolerated here because it panders to this small niche where there aren't many alternatives.

If anything, liking Hibike or Amanchu should be more expected than liking Kanamemo, Valkyrie Drive and similar trash.
>>
File: 1444245575241.webm (787KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1444245575241.webm
787KB, 960x540px
>>2111638
>petty criticism like "they aren't real yuri!"
Where the fuck do you think you are? Hibike and Amanchu are great, but they're not yuri anime.
>MAL would agree, /r/anime
Wait, nevermind, you're just a retard.
>>
>>2111638
Shockingly enough a yuri board would be unhappy about yuri bait. The quality of the shows other than that has not only not been questioned, but posters have in fact lamented that they're so good other than the bait.
>>
>>2111638
Steven Universe is pretty well-received. Doesn't mean I'd go around promoting it on anime boards.
>>
>>2111638
It's perfectly okay to enjoy them. I personally have enjoyed many series, from shit but entertaining ones like Geass (probably not so great if you didn't watch it as it was airing) to actual quality series like Baccano.

I just, you know. Don't talk about them on /u/. Because they're not /u/. Like those series aren't /u/. I could understand that one Hibike episode getting some discussion since it was uber-bait, but after novel clarifications, that episode being followed up by actually scaling BACK the teasing, and so on there's really no reason for it to continue. Similarly, there's nothing wrong with describing a show as disappointing or bad IN ONE SPECIFIC ASPECT, as this thread is about. There's plenty of series that are overall recognized as good or even great, but that are quite awful from a yuri point of view specifically.
>>
>>2111653
Stop being so sensible anon
>>
>>2111644
I only mentioned MAL and /r/anime as examples of places where anime is discussed, I never said that they were good, you should improve your reading comprehension.

>>2111644
>>2111646
>>2111649
>>2111653

Hibike and Amanchu are yuribait anime, even if they are not real yuri they are still related to yuri, they have a higher quality than most yuri anime and many yuri fans like them, I don't see any problem in discussing them here and don't think that the fact that they aren't real yuri detracts from their quality. It isn't like we have many yuri anime to discuss here anyway.
>>
>>2111638
Well I like all the other titles you mentioned much more compared to the two """""""objectively good""""""" bait series.
>>
>>2111656
>it's okay to eat shit, if it's quality shit! Don't you see yuri fans like bait and switch?
Fuck off. You can discuss these anime, but not here, fucktard. Or if you just want to stir up shit, create a yuri bait thread, to see how much these anime are liked for their yuri.
>>
>>2111656
The fact that they aren’t real yuri certainly detracts from their quality if you want to watch a yuri anime. Though the disappointments thread is definitely the perfect place for them, you’re not wrong there!
>>
Shinozaki-san Ki o Ota Shika ni!

Not because of anything wrong with it per se, but I lost interest in it because it didn't seem like the status quo had any intent of changing. Watching Shinozaki get flustered over how incredibly gay she is is always fun, but I eventually need more than that to keep me reading.

I haven't looked at it in a very long time, though. Has anything actually developed?
>>
>>2111666
Nope, looks like the status quo is set to remain as is until it’s cancelled, probably. Luckily I enjoy it anyway, though I would rather some development. Nice trips btw
>>
Does the Nanoha franchise as a whole count? It's pretty much the Sonic the Hedgehog of almost-yuri.
>>
>>2109339
Isn't Cross Ange game yuri?
>>
>>2111806
Yes, but that only really makes things better if you can read runes.
>>
>>2109553
NEVER EVER 'GET HYPE'. EVER

Getting hype about something will always leave you feeling disappointed and robbed of something good, because nothing can get to the level of your expectations.

If you never get hype about something, then it can't burst your bubble. You might actually like whatever it is you didn't get hype about.
>>
>>2109606
Somebody please, for the love of the yuri goddess, put all the yuri scenes in Cross Ange together in one webm or on youtube, etc. They're the only decent things in the entire show.
>>
>>2109619
Since you're a tripfag, I'm not sure if you're shitposting or serious, but CCS was never meant to be yuri manga. It's incredibly good, though. I feel sorry for Tomoyo just like everybody else here does, but that doesn't negate the fact that it's a great manga (and great anime)
>>
>>2109666
Oh god, I'm dyin' over here. This is awesome.
>>
>>2111806
Full on yuri, except for Vivian, Chris and Rosalie which are more of a friendship end, with benefits for Chris and Rosalie.
>>
>>2109750
>Everything translated by Kodama Naoko
Do you mean stuff she's translated or stuff that's been translated that Kodama wrote? either way, Kodama love soap operas. She will probably always write soap operas. If you don't like those, stay away from her stuff. It can't be helped.
>>
>>2110158
>90% of said "bisexuals" are in a strictly straight relationship.

Source: Anon's ass
>>
>>2111841
Come on, anon, that discussion is over. And the source is in the fucking thread.
Now go back to /lgbt/.
>>
>>2111843
b-b-b-but.. I'm just now reading the thread. Also, /lgbt/ sucks
>>
>>2111838
yeah, was thinking that was the case.
>>
>>2111819
I got pretty hype about Valkyrie Drive and I regret nothing. That was such a fun three months.
>>
>>2111846
It was meant as a general statement about expectations and reality, Onee-sama. I'll change it to 99% of the time it won't be as good as your expectations.

Don't build things up so much in your brain that you have nowhere else to go but down.
>>
>>2111844
>/lgbt/ sucks
This board should be renamed /trannies/.
>>
>>2111844
We know.
>>
>>2111840
Stuff that's been translated that Kodama wrote. I don't hate soap operas, but I feel like the payoff is always a bit underwhelming in her works, so I always end up disappointed. I potentially could love her works if the ending felt more satisfying.
>>
Marimite, because there hasn't been a reboot or new season. You don't just stop adaptating stuff like that. It's annoying. I want more Yumi/Sachiko
>>
>>2111888
>I want more Yumi/Sachiko
Yes
>>
Madoka. I expected something really, really gay - like Nanofate tier - and I didn't see it. Maybe if I watched the movies but the original twelve episode anime did nothing for me. I thought Homura had a strong friendship with Madoka but didn't feel any romance. Same with the redhead and blue haired girl, even more so. They went from trying to beat each other up to being friends in five minutes.

>>2110988

The anime is a horrid adaptation. The manga is much, much better but I'm stumped on the end. It's so vague.
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>2110988
I remember. It was awful. It could've been good. But oc it was shit. Just like this train wreck. It was one of the first id ever watched. Kiddy Grade was too.
>>
>>2111888
The focus had shifted to Yumi/Touko in the end, though. And the whole thing with Kanako left a really sour taste in the mouth. I kinda don't mind that it's gone.
>>
Butts manga.
I don't like threesome situations. It may pull through in the last chapter, but I still didn't like how it developed.

>>2111322
Every time I read Kanamemo I think of Kanamewo. Fuck you.
>>2111348
Fucking Person of Interest.
>>2111848
Oh man don't I have an image for that saved somewhere.
>>2111894
>Madoka
I will never watch that.
>>
>>2111958
>Butts
From what I've read the final chapter is a threesome. Sorry, it's not even like it was trying to be some kind of pure love romance story.
>>
>>2111958
>Fucking Person of Interest
Literally every show. Western stuff is only worth reading the wiki entries for the fanfiction.
>>
>>2111888
Pretty sure the author said that she never intended for it to be yuri and the girls would end up with men
>>
File: 0010.png (599KB, 1386x2000px) Image search: [Google]
0010.png
599KB, 1386x2000px
>>2111968
> it's not even like it was trying to be some kind of pure love romance story.
You fool, it's literally the purest romance story ever written. At least it was until they started that weird shit with including the third girl.
>>
I got about 5 episodes into Sasameki Koto. The first episode was absolutely beautiful, but the quality kept declining after that. Does it become worth watching?
>>
>>2111972
Sometimes I wonder about the gap between authors intentions and what they actually produce though.
>>
>>2111969
Hey now, that vampire movie with goblin from spiderman was pretty good.
>>
>>2111973
In the end, a fetish is just a fetish. There's no way actual love can be born from that.
>>
>>2111972
Pretty sure that posts like this on /u/ are usually a distortion of what was actually said.
>>
>>2111974
I think it is worth watching if you plan on reading the manga right after you finish. Otherwise you won't be satisfied with the anime alone so just read the manga.

>>2111969
>>2111983
>Mother, May I Sleep with Danger?
It was the only recent western yuri that I almost completely enjoyed without het or dead lesbians. It was this close to being up there with D.E.B.S but the ending was trying too hard to be smart and ended up being stupid. Still pissed the rapist gets to live forever being a creep with the other vampires. His head getting smashed in was satisfying as fuck but that ending ruined it. Plus why did the opening scene lesbian vampire die but the others survived? He got away with too much shit in general though almost raping MC, killing mom, being hideous as fuck. It would have been better without him at all. The evil vampires would have made a good villain on their own.
>>
>>2111985
Sure can in my chinese cartoons. And it's not a fetish, it's a hobby.
Besides, what are the odds of two people having hobbies that fit together as well as those two? It's like a match made in heaven. Like when the sun breaks through the clouds and shines on that one person, so that the other can notice her.
And it all went to hell because "we must have stupid tropes".
>>
File: 0017.png (381KB, 1380x2000px) Image search: [Google]
0017.png
381KB, 1380x2000px
>>2111991
All this distress from thinking about it made me forget the pic too.
>>
I began watching You're Under Arrest mistaking it for yuri. It never went full yuri. Natsuki and Yukari had more chemistry with each other then with their boyfriends.

It's still one of my favorite 90s anime but it's not what I expected from the really lesbian looking first ova.

>>2111972

Yoshino and Rei dating men? Sure. But Yumi is gay as heck and Sachiko is probably bi but leaning towards Yumi-sexual.
>>
>>2109235
I feel ya
>>
>>2111991
>And it all went to hell
Maybe for you. I thought it was a pretty sexy way for them to get together.

Now we just need another girl to pair the 3rd one with.
>>
>>2112038
Why? Fumi wasn't even going to get involved in the first place, Maiko actually wanted to watch her
>>
>>2112044
Also the manga is over, so there won't be any more girls for anyone.
You know, for a board they has bondage, incest, and all manner of fetishes, some of /u/ get really stuck up when it comes to 3P.
>>
And then there were anons who were disappointed that there no rimming, but 3P? Disgusting

You people make my head hurt sometimes. Sorry, rant over
>>
>>2111986
nope. I remember that thread discussion about the author's intentions. Translator anon basically revealed the author's interview to everyone about how they're all straight school girls and /u/ was very disappointed.

to be honest, i read that interview with a tone of the author being incredibly bitter about her own sour experiences
>>
>>2112049
Everything is pure between 2 girls. Introduce a third and you upset that delicate balance.
>>
>>2111958
Person of Interest, man. I'm so sad about that. Root probably did survive though. They left some pretty interesting clues to suggest that.
>>
>>2112055
>watching tv shows for lesbians

hahaha, you fools. When will you learn that tv writers will always always always mangle the lesbian characters? I mean just look at the garbage that was The L Word and that was written by a goddamn lesbian.
>>
>>2112055
I want to believe that but no she didn't. The creators/cast explicitly said that she was dead. Such a shame because it would have easily made it my favorite western /u/ of all time. As it stands the rushed ending and the dead lesbian (who was my favorite character before I even knew she was going to bring the /u/) makes me feel nothing but disappointment when I think about it.
>>
I expected Moriarty to act gayer and creepier towards Joan. She did make a giant portrait of her after all.
>>
>>2111580
If you actually read the Kashimashi manga, you'll understand why Hazumu HAS to end up w/ Tomari. The manga was still being written when the anime came along and the animators did the best they could with what they had, but they had no way to envision the twist the mangaka wove in the last 2 volumes of the manga.
>>
>>2112038
>>2112047
>>2112049
Are you really so ignorant to not understand some of us are in it for the romance aspect?
>>
>>2112234
Not ignorant, just baffled that it would be what some anons are looking for in a porn doujin that started with a purely sex-driven relationship, featuring ass fetishism and sex in a public place. And why would a 3P preclude romance anyway?
>>
File: 0005.png (664KB, 1386x2000px) Image search: [Google]
0005.png
664KB, 1386x2000px
>>2112234
>romance aspect
Are you joking? Here, here's your stupid romance. She likes Risa so much she knows her by her butt.

Are you so pretentious you can't understand some of us are sick of schoolgirl angst manga?
>>
>>2111894
In the 3rd Madoka movie, Homura says that the reason she did was because of love (for Madoka). She said: AI YO. I think it's as far as they can go without being too explicit and bothering the homophobic crowd.
>>
>>2112284
>Are you so pretentious you can't understand some of us are sick of schoolgirl angst manga?
Where was there angst? If anything, the angsting started AFTER of the addition of the 3rd girl.
>>2112278
>porn
It's had a hilarious premise that was surprisingly heartwarming under the surface. Sex was just one aspect of it, albeit major.
>>
>>2112293
There was no angst. Risa didn't expect Maiko to want to watch her make out with Fumi. If she didn't want to do it, she wouldn't have. She did it to make Maiko jealous, but it didn't work since Maiko is a voyeuristic pervert, as we've known since the beginning.

You're really looking it the wrong place for some heartwarming romance.
>>
>>2112299
>There was no angst
In the latest chapter their insecurities come to the surface.
But I think we misunderstand one another. You say that it would've been another schoolgirl angst manga if the third girl wasn't introduced, I say that's bullshit and they would have happily had voyeuristic sex till the ends of time and realize they're like two halves of the same apple.
>Risa didn't expect Maiko to want to watch her make out with Fumi
This and the explanation for it, as revealed in the mentioned latest chapter, I find stupid and tropey, and it's exactly what made me feel disappointed in the work and the direction it's taking. It could've been lewd, funny, and uplifting.
>You're really looking it the wrong place for some heartwarming romance.
Nah.
>>
>>2109232
I enjoyed it but the complete crushing of Ruki's confidence and self-esteem is utterly heartbreaking
>>
>>2109232
It was alright. Felt more like something Takemiya Jin would write
>>
Speaking of Hibike, first one's english collector's edition pre-order is sold out.I'm bitter because YuYuYu never sold out.
>>
>>2112318
>something Takemiya Jin would write
>Forced hetero for drama
>Most people don't end up together

Sounds about right.
>>
>>2112207

How? The manga and anime could have ended on two different pairings. The anime randomly had Yasuna leave Hazumu but the manga didn't need to go with Tomari either
>>
>>2112448
Tomari's the one who jumped after her thereby causing the alien to share half of her life force or whatever (it's been a while) with Hazumu to avoid her dying a 2nd time. However, now Tomari and Hazumu are pretty much permanently joined together. She /can't/ be with anybody but Tomari now.

Also, you just realy don't like Tomari, do you?
>>
>>2111894
It is nanofate tier though, minus the part where Nanoha and Fate get a daughter in their 3rd season.

Homura's confession to her in the 11th ep was pretty clearly not just friendship, and Rebellion does Rebellion things. Maybe get your goggles fixed?
>>
>>2112540

That's what I was referring to. Why did that have to be Tomari?

I like Tomari, just not with Hazumu. I could get behind a polyamory ending but just Tomari/Hazumu doesn't work for me.
>>
Nanoha franchise.

The first two series were great. Strikers had way too many characters and post-Strikers, it either went full het in Force or removed all sense of tension and urgency in ViVid. I really liked the high stakes in the original and As and how well-developed the cast was.

This is probably one of the few series where it actually got more disappointing as the yuri content increased.
>>
Strawberry panic anyone?
>>
>>2112704
Light Novel was actually decent. A bit over the top in some places *cough*helicopters*cough*, but it was actually enjoyable. Manga was headed the same way as the novel, but it went on permanent hiatus, but the anime was basically a different story where the setting and the character names were the same.

The anime also completely omitted important characters like Makoto and made Shizuma into a horrible person, when she really was what I call a "kind predator" in the LN, but definitely not horrible.
>>
>>2109558
lily love is basically newbie's first lesbian manga.
Or the poor man of Girlfriends (the manga).
>>
>>2112655
I agree. Character bloat and boring plots killed this franchise for me.

Plus I really don't care about all the loli service Vivid delivers.
>>
Canaan was such a tease.
>>
>>2112757
I’ve always been a little uncomfortable about how the only explicit lesbian in it was also a total psychopath.
>>
>>2112655
StrikerS had some kind of charm for me but yeah it was pretty bad. I loved the magical girl special forces thing it had going on and the politics but ultimately it was pretty awful for the first half. Second half was much better, but not great until the last few episodes and not even close to A's.

ViVid is only okay if you think of it as a spinoff instead if the 4th season, otherwise it is bleh. It has points from me for being one of the few/only cases of girls getting a child together and because I love magical girls that fist things, but it is just so... meh.

3rd movie never.
>>
>>2112655
>it either went full het in Force

Did it introduce new girls that went het or did old girls go het?
>>
>>2112893
New MC was a guy and a new girl was introduced to be his love interest. There was another girl with them, but I'm not sure if she got involved in a love triangle or what. The new MC was also a kid that Subaru picked up.
>>
>>2112655
There is no such thing as het girls, just girls who haven't realized they're lesbians yet
>>
>>2112893
IIRC the story basically begins by ripping off Outlaw Star
>>
>>2112851
to be fair, ep 18 (or was it 17 - the one where Subaru goes Berzerk) was fuckawesome. Not really for /u/ purposes but just awesome in general. It's also where Caro gets fed up and calls up Voltaire to fix things. Incredible ep.
>>
>>2112757

I thought the anime was great but the ending hurt. I don't dislike the way it ended but it was a downer.

>>2112769

Tbqh, I wish there were more yandere lesbian characters. Not because I like yandere characters but because it seems that f/m pairs have a monopoly on every -dere besides tsundere.
>>
>>2112896
>Nanoha
>Male MC

Who the fuck is writing this shit?
>>
>>2112932
I don't think we lack for yan when it comes to explicit lesbians. Kanamemo, Mai Hime, KnM, Canaan, those are just the ones I can think of offhand that have the psycho lesbian trope played straight or for laughs and they make up a large part of the lesbian anime canon. I'd rather more shows where I don’t feel bad enjoying it, which means more lesbian characters overall or explicit romance. I do love a good kuudere though.
>>
When Marnie Was There is still my favorite Ghibli film and it didn't exactly disappoint me, but the ending felt disappointing because I know it killed the ship for most people. If Marnie was an ancestor from hundreds of years ago it would have still been weird but workable. I still ship them - especially since neither (or at least Anna didn't) know - but it hurt the ship. I can't even find English fanfics.

I was gonna make a thread for the movie but it's probably been discussed to death here. I missed the threads besides the prerelease ones.
>>
>>2109403
Holy shit. This reminded me of cheeky angel, where clearly they had attraction for each other megumi flat out said it loud and clear but in that shit twisted end all the characters went for their second choice.
>>
>>2109478
Not that anon, but I'm guessing you're the type that prefers simple, fan service yuri ecchi or cheap soap operas like NTR instead of real, genuine romance between girls with a unique story plot that leaves you wondering what else is gonna happen next.

Keep blaming the basket, we find it adorable
>>
>>2109151
All yuri anime are great, I mean, Yuri make everything more enjoyble and qualitiy grown up
>>2109164
Mei is great, the plot is good, move quickly, Yuzu grown a lot, the romantic rival just mean more yuri since create more yuri character, the dad an grandma wasn't obsctacle, just question they need to resolve.
Add good drama, and when Mei and Yuzu become a couple they are great as damn, they talk smart, they flirting and had sexual tension.
Mei is learning and she already know how love enought to be good character, her stoic expresion make her look badass, like this human soldier
>>2109235
Amano-sensei don't do nothing wrong, is you who overreacted by nothing
I can continue forever saying how Citrus is damn awesome
>>
>>2113005
>All yuri anime are great
No, Mugs, just. No.
>>
File: tumblr_n9tdui9bhh1sfyszho1_400.gif (1MB, 375x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n9tdui9bhh1sfyszho1_400.gif
1MB, 375x281px
>>2113005
> saying Mei and yuzu are better than any couples on yuri
>>
>>2112179
I take what the cast and crew say with a grain of salt, though. When Shaw notices the grave is disturbed the Machine is awfully quick to explain it away, even though taking care of Root's cochlear implant would be important and even with proto-emotions the Machine knows how important it would be to make sure Samaritan didn't get it. Add in the mystery sniper and it's more suspicious, but I think the biggest clue is what Michael Emerson let slip to a reviewer in some article; I can't find the article now, but basically the author ran into Emerson at a thing, and they talked about the episode. Now, the reviewer saw the advance copy before it aired, and Emerson asked him what he thought about the scene "with the mysterious motorcycle rider." The reviewer was intrigued, because no one on a motorcycle made it into the final cut of the episode, and when he told Emerson that he brushed it off and changed the subject. When the reviewer brought it up to Jonathan Nolan later, Nolan laughed, talked about Emerson not sticking to talking points, and changed the subject. Root's the only character that consistently rides a motorcycle, and if they ever made a spinoff it would rely on Root and Shaw's chemistry, so I bet she's alive. Can you even imagine that? Just think; the first season finale would be Shaw running into Root again after thinking she was dead all this time and hearing her voice in her ear. It would be killer.

Never lose hope, Sis. This is the essence of /u/.
>>
>>2113027
Forgot to add this too; Orphan Black made a big fuss about Helena being dead at the end of season one, and that was just to set up the surprise that she wasn't in the next season. It's all manipulation.
>>
>>2113027
>>2113028
The difference is PoI was canceled and the half season was their way of wrapping everything up. I doubt the extremely unlikely spinoff would feature lesbian main characters on the network that canceled it. I also find it suspect that Root's corpse could be real enough to fool a homicide detective like Fusco, as foolish as he may be. And what, she spends the end of the world hiding from Shaw when there was barely any hope that the plan would work? They used her death as unnecessary motivation for Finch when literally anything else could do the same and then never spared her a second thought for the rest of the show because of the time limit. I wish I could live in your fantasy world.
>>
Onee-sama-tachi, NEVER EVER reply to Mugino. EVER.
>>
>>2112956

I know of the "psycho lesbian" trope but I wish there were more positive depictions of yandere like with straight manga.
>>
File: Claymore 5.jpg (153KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Claymore 5.jpg
153KB, 1920x1080px
Kannazuki no Miko - MC is soooooo shit
Girlfriends - girls living for relationship only, boring

and suddenly Claymore was perfect and exceed /y/-expectations
>>
>>2111974
1st ep's as good as it gets anon.
>>
Stretch played me like a fiddle. There was also Canna's work, I think it was called "White Lilies for the girl I like" or something. I got lured in by the pretty art plus "Notes from The Garden of Lilies" is my grail, but it was... well. For Citrus and the stuff like Lily Love, I wasn't really disappointed because I knew from the get-go that it would eventually lose its shine, just like how "Dont be an Otaku, Shinozaki" or w/e ended up tiring. So since its like this, I guess its just the sudden non-/u/ ends that gets me now, so my next disappointment may or may not be Oddmen 11, but I doubt Dowman will be that cruel to us.
>>
>>2113591
>I doubt Dowman will be that cruel to us
HA!
>>
>>2113600
If he delivers like I expect he'll do, you'll have to hold hands with me all day you fag.
>>
>>2113604
I hope you'll be gentle. If Oddman ever ends in yuri.
>>
When a promising premise of "x with yuri" has so-so execution. I'd like some plot to go wth my yuri.
>>
>>2109147
/thread
>>
>>2109324
>I thought was a cute coming of age story with lesbians
>cute coming of age story
>cute story
Octave is about a young woman who battles severe self-esteem issues and depression, compounded by confusion and shame about her sexuality. It never claimed to be a cute coming of age story, and those elements--including the cheating--were all appropriate for the subject matter.

Sorry, got side-tracked.

You could say the same thing about my views of Feelings. I thought it was classic happy Shuninta, and as the reader, all that betrayal involved felt personal to me. Philosophia was a greater disappointment, though it wasn't as painful to read--if that makes sense. (It doesn't.)
>>
>>2110218
>Ersha was gay
I don't remember that.
>>
>>2115451
Obviously I didn't think that for long. But thank you for describing the story to me again when I've read it about 5 times? Though it's a very thorough description. The cheating story line is the first time I think you really become aware of how capable Yukino is of sabotaging her own life, rather than just being a run of the mill shy girl waiting for someone to draw her out of her shell.

It is nice to hear someone empathise with me for once though.
>>
>>2115494
Why do you think she took her loli's deaths so hard?
>>
>>2115494
She barely have any focus in the anime either way, but the game is another story. She's just a little more subtle about it; compared to Zola or Hilda.
>>
>>2113384
> girl living for relationship with another girl
At least it's not het
Thread posts: 330
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.