[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/u/ meets /lit/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 13

File: TTBC1_Cover1-680x1024.jpg (97KB, 680x1024px) Image search: [Google]
TTBC1_Cover1-680x1024.jpg
97KB, 680x1024px
Check the archive for more threads.
Discuss, request, and recommend /u/ related /lit/ works.

Please search on google, archive or torrent sites before making a request.
On kat.cr search for "FF" and click on the books section.

Previous thread:>>2058380

I started this thread in hopes of finding a book to help me recover. I just finished pic related, and am coping with an overwhelming desire to kill myself. Anything that can help heal, please recommend.
>>
What's the closest thing to Garoul series to read?

>third person
>no butch
>some element of action/suspense
>>
>>2090106
Second Nature.
Wild or whatever it was called.
>>
>>2090101
Just read whatever Robin Alexander you haven't read yet, kuye lam.
>>
Could any kind anon post a link to Prayer of the Handmaiden by Merry Shannon?
>>
>>2090123
>kuye Iam
You monster.
>>
Ex-wives of Dracula any good?
>>
>>2090167

Good start, meh ending.
>>
>>2090101

Poppy Jenkins. First Adult novel I've read this year that deserves a 5/5. Reading this book is like magic.

The setting is Wales countryside. The prose is simply beautiful.
>>
>>2090197

Author is Clare Ashton.
>>
>>2090197
>>2090198
>Author of That Certain Something, one of the few books I felt the need to drop.

So besides having competent writing what made this worth reading for you? TCS's plot was so juvenile it hurt.. While I have a hard time trusting authors who write something I can dislike so much I am always open to a good book.
>>
Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone has a copy of Always Remember by Denise Judge...
>>
File: 26842640.jpg (30KB, 318x470px) Image search: [Google]
26842640.jpg
30KB, 318x470px
>>2090119
It is Wild by Meghan O'Brien. It also has white panties

Anyway, what are yo/u/ reading this summer?
I've loaded my kindle with a bunch of books and hopefully there will be a couple of books that I'll enjoy.

I've started with pic related and I'm liking it so far.
>>
>>2090101
If you like Sci-fi, try the Chronicles of Alsea series by Fletcher DeLancey.
The Star Trek roots are a bit too obvious at times (especially in the first one) but they are still very good. And mostly angst free.
>>
>>2090402
>Diablo typeface
>>
>>2090231

This was my first Clare Ashton book. I don't really think there was much plot.

The only way I can describe it is: An adult coming of age story. The story is more like the life of Poppy Jenkins, than a story of two women.

Goodreads reviewers can describe it better than me. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/30658821-poppy-jenkins
>>
>>2090402
the description makes it sound pretty bad, but i know that's not much to go by, and barely better than covers sometimes...

i might give it a go

torrent for those interested since someone is, inevitably, going to ask for it
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:A06308B7E0D6E1C4B70E38C54C39DA71FEB200CA&dn=ff+sharon+g+clark+chaos+beneath+the+moonbeams&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fpow7.com%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fglotorrents.pw%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fannounce

>>2090404
chaos, terror, what's the difference. from the description, it honestly sounds like the author came up with the plot while playing diablo
>>
>>2090550
>Kareina of Clan Gradyln has posed as her twin brother Karr (with the aid of minor forbidden magic) for over a decade
Oh dear lord I don't even want to think what that forbidden magic might me.
>>
>>2090500
Do you have a link? It sounds promising.
>>
White pantie anon - please never change
>>
Hey guys anyone have a zippy of Will she Won't she Kelly Kristina Ace? Please pretty please share.; )...
>>
>>2090559
It is actually pretty shit forbidden magic and it is stated at the beginning of the story that she wears a talisman that slighty changes her appearance so she can look like her twin brother. Which is forbidden and is punished with death.

>>2090404
Yeah I know, but still better cover than the 99% of lesfic books.
>>
Just finished Say Yes to the Cheerleader. It was a fun read. Really adorable how awkward they could be.
Good length too, if you just want a quick and easy YA.
I pulled the dumbest grin when Kate asked if Haley had a girlfriend, and then responded with “Me neither” after Haley said no.
That scene had the best type of awkward. Awkdorable.

Here's the link again, if anyone wanted:
http://www63.zippyshare.com/v/0QJcvviy/file.html
>>
File: PJ.jpg (119KB, 691x1106px) Image search: [Google]
PJ.jpg
119KB, 691x1106px
http://www67.zippyshare.com/v/yeEDMV7I/file.html
>>
>>2091130
Thanks anon!
>>
Is there any lesbian novels that take place in the middle ages, preferably in the Byzantines? Or perhaps Ancient Rome?
>>
>>2091130
What a great read, thank you for sharing
>>
>>2092219
Agreed. I loved it. Thanks for the rec
>>
>>2091130
Loved the "conflict" between the protagonists. Feels just absolutely real.

But a few too many tropes for my taste, I think, especially in the beginning.
>>
File: 23615042.jpg (99KB, 297x475px) Image search: [Google]
23615042.jpg
99KB, 297x475px
>>2090402
>Anyway, what are yo/u/ reading this summer?
>I've loaded my kindle with a bunch of books and hopefully there will be a couple of books that I'll enjoy.
I've got some trashy romances that I had set aside a while ago for a later date, might as well. Other than that, I'm going to just go at random through the calibre lib.
Going with Popcorn Love for now. It's Ylva, can't be too bad. So far it's, well, like a modern au fanfiction for something, but I don't even mind desu.
>>
Do we have a recommendation chart or anything like that?
>>
>>2092614
yes and for some reason nobody ever bothers to include it when creating a new thread.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/18e71t0H7v6olXdY9Ig0giUjnhSt1zltLcLSpj3SxRaI/edit
>>
>>2092651
Holy... Shit... Thank you.
>>
On my knees begging for Will she Won't she by Kelly Kristina Ace please please anyone anywhere somehow please
>>
>>2092651
What for? There's nothing on it you won't find on goodreads, and their lists tend to be more complete.
>>
>>209287
Because we trust anons opinions more than people on goodreads?
>>
>>2092888
That list contains Rosso Lussuria, Vaelandrian Goddesses, Chronicles of Arianthem and who knows what other crap.

Seems more like a futile attempt at being complete than any sort of /rec/ list.
>>
>>2092840

http://www118.zippyshare.com/v/rFC8rYcI/file.html
>>
>>2092895
>Rosso Lussuria

Is that the one where the demon god transforms into a furry/scaly demon with clit dick? lol

I liked the series before the demons arrived. I wanted more vampire debauchery.
>>
>>2092912
Indeed.

It's also the one where the 2nd book kinda goes like "we need to travel, but before that, let's have sex" -> "we have arrived, let's have sex" -> "we need to wait for them to meet us, let's have more sex" -> "we have met them, but they need to make a decisions, so let's have sex" -> "the meeting is done, we have the evening for us, we should have sex" ... etc.

Heck, I was actually amused by how a sub collects a harem of doms to fuck her, but ... it's not exactly a series worth recommending for its fantasy content, mildly put.
>>
>>2092903
Thank you thank you thank you I'm sending virtual hugs right now. Thanks ;)
>>
>>2092873
>>2092888
>>2092895

this was put together by several people on /u/ and is open to public editing. different people have different tastes. i've added books i liked, but there's plenty on there i would never read (i.e. >>2092912) or didn't like.

i've looked through those lists on goodreads, and i can tell you i haven't seen many of these books in any one list and certainly more than a few don't appear in those lists at all. considering the quality of goodreads tagging system, that's probably to be expected.
>>
>>2091130
Thanks so much! This was just the sort of light-hearted novel I was looking for. Those scenes where they kept saying suggestive things without meaning to were straight out of a cheesy romantic comedy, and I loved it.
>>
>>2092928

I know right. I always wondered why her books were highly rated. Her books are usually has more sex than most. I admit she does write good sex.

I wonder what happened to her. I keep waiting for another Kassandra Lyall book. I want more werewolf/vampire debauchery please.
>>
Would anyone happen to have Overshadowed by Tabitha Chirrick, please?
>>
does anyone have wind and dreams by Linda North? can I have a copy, please?
>>
>>2093756
Wasn't hard to find using the custom google search that gets posted here from time to time.
It was hosted on a really annoying site tho, so here's a zippy for you sis:
http://www101.zippyshare.com/v/aTaeLNMQ/file.html
>>
Still looking for Points of Depature by Emily O'Beirne. An anon had a copy that they said had spelling errors, I guess I might be ok with getting that copy.
>>
Anyone got a copy of Girl Heart Girl? I think it's a newer book. I'm hoping it's pretty angsty.
>>
>>2093981
Only the UK has the digital out so far, I think, if any digital is out at all.

It's non-fiction and I'm not sure how angsty it is, but it isn't spoilers to say it absolutely ends on a good note because the writer does youtube videos with her gf nowadays.
>>
Anyone read Which Way Is Witch? Seems a bit short and I haven't read anything by Kejsi Miller so I'm not sure it's worth the prize, but it seems fairly unique.

On a side-note, just read Fever Crumb; some YA-steampunk thing. First had no romance, 2nd het, 3rd ... suddenly went /u/. Wow. How rare to be surprised like that ...
>>
File: A love that disturbs.jpg (105KB, 1135x1703px) Image search: [Google]
A love that disturbs.jpg
105KB, 1135x1703px
Could someone please try this and tell if it's good or not? I haven't read it yet because I'm so busy.

Pakistani Muslim x Latina

http://www111.zippyshare.com/v/QGbE9kfs/file.html
>>
>>2094046
>her abusive pimp

Sorry, I'm out.
>>
>>2093981
>>2093991
I didn't expect to see someone bring up Kaelyn and Lucy here. I've only seen them make lighthearted videos about their relationship together so it is hard to imagine her memoir will have angst overtones.
>>
Anyone have a good action adventure story? Something similar to that one where the MC was an accountant for the mob.
>>
>>2094069
>one where the MC was an accountant for the mob.

which book is this? sounds interesting.
>>
>>2094066
>>2093981
Judging by the summary and her coming out story video, there's most likely some angst. Sounds like her years of denial were pretty tough.
>>
>>2094069
Also want to know what book that is. Difficult to give recs without knowing more, but from what you gave you can try Engravings of Wraith and Fractured Tapestry by Kierra Dellacroix for the crime underworld.
>>
>>2094116
I think its called Desperate Measures, it was pretty nice. The other girl is spunky and cute.
>>
>>2091130
>>2090197
Great setting, great characters, but I've had a few annoyances that bothered me greatly.
Like the harsh words Rosalyn had for Poppy during their falling out at 16. "Why the fuck would I spend another second with you?" Come on.
>>
Can someone recommend a romance between two young females on contemporary setting?

For the love of god no more vampires, knights, werewolfs or homicides please

Just a romance
>>
Can anyone recommend a book with the MC and her love interest fairly obvious about their interest, but for some reason (preferably the MC) one of them says 'I can't', either because something in the past or just she found a real friend in the other girl. The rejected one agrees, but afterwards, does progressively couple-y stuff. Like lingering touches that are more often than not intimate, no regard for the personal space of the other girl, but would still back off if told. Basically, the rejected girl is loving and couple-y with the other girl and is more or less easing her into a romantic relationship and she eventually acquiesces. Also no stupid stuff like the not-rejected girl going after someone else.

I know it's super specific, but I just want my final hopes to be quashed so I can live with what little there was of this in the fic that ignited this particular interest.
>>
>>2094365
A Story of Now and the sequel by Emily O'Beirne
>>
>>2094069
>>2094123
>>2094128

is it this one? http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18342347-desperate-measures

for recs you could try The Red Files. it has some action, but follows two reporters.
>>
>>2094365
If by young you mean pre-college:
Our Demented Play Date
That Witch!
Finding Ashlynn
Who I Am ridiculous drama at the end
Everything Changes

>>2094377
Ever read Something in the Wine by Jae? It is extremely similar to what you want to the point of being a near-perfect match.
>>
Anybody have Ash by Miranda Lo and Santa Olivia?

Had a sudden craving for some lit. These are pretty good starting points for the fantasy genre, yes?
>>
Post Top 5 favorite autors

want some recs
>>
Still no link for the grass widow? Anyone?
>>
>>2094387
The synopsis reads like an erotic novel.... You sure this is good?
>>
>>2090231
>That Certain Something
Oh dear, what have I gotten myself into.
>>
>>2090402
My reading list has gotten way too long to list but I just started Gun Brooke's newest A Reluctant Enterprise and I'm enjoying it. She might only do rich age gap but it always ends up being precisely what I want to read.

>>2094440
A terrible book by my estimate, but then again a lot of people like that stuff. I'm still waiting for a dissenting opinion on Poppy Jenkins before I give that a try. All this praise is making me more cautious.
>>
>>2094445
>Poppy
It's stellar in comparison, and pretty good on its own. Dragged a bit nearing the end because it's one of those where they dance around each other for a hundred thousand words. I liked it though, overall.
>age gap
Nice to see you still here, age gap anon.
>>
>>2094405
there's a seeded copy of Ash on kat. i read it about two years ago and remember enjoying it. if i still have the file i'll upload it.

Santa Olivia is /u/?

>>2094430
i have no idea, i'm one of the anons that asked for the book title.
>>
Anyone have an .epub version of Waiting in the Wings by Melissa Brayden? I've only found the .pdf version from torrents and I'm having no such luck in converting that to another file format
>>
>>2094440
>>2094445

Having not read Clare Ashton's other novel, I can't tell you if it's better or not. My main complaints with Poppy Jenkins would be that the language is a bit flowery at times. There's a lot of heaving and gesticulating and undulating going on, for sure. Still, I enjoyed it as a bit of light-hearted fun.
>>
>>2094429
http://www49.zippyshare.com/v/oEKKbkfM/file.html
>>
>>2094571
Is this like Brokeback Mountain but with homosexuals?
>>
>>2094445
I personally didn't like it all that much. Poppy is more or less an idiot, who can't think about what it could be like for another person to be in the community she's in, even when she knows and hears how the people she defends talk about the girl she's defending them to. Also doesn't help that they don't get together until 2-3 pages before the end of the book so. She's supposedly 30-ish years old, but it doesn't read that way.

>>2094396
I've read 'Something in the Wine' yes, but that's pretend dating. I was saying that they are aware of the feelings for each other since the start and one of them is against them getting together because it'll ruin 'something' but the other one is stubborn and is 'easing' her in the relationship by doing things all couples do on the regular.

The fic I was referring to was this one http://archiveofourown.org/works/4160304 the problem is the thing that I want is very small and it's near the end of it.
>>
>>2094620
Yeah, that's a good point; it's sort of YA-romance with adults.

And as I said there's a whole bunch of tropes, like the mother everyone underestimates but gives wise advise at the right time, or the gossipy aunt/grandmother/whatever everyone still likes despite her scaring the crap out of the little sister (which is disgusting in my opinion) and talking BS, and talking about the little sisters - that "misunderstanding" in the beginning is sooo stereotypical ...

Plus, there's that whole juvenile sexual attraction between the two protagonists.

But it doesn't change the fact that for once the protagonists have an interesting, realistic conflict I could totally see happening for everyday people. I'd definitely like to see that more often in romance novels.
>>
>>2094558
http://www97.zippyshare.com/v/8mr2Oqxx/file.html
Here ya go sis. Mind, the formatting might be a bit weird. Was some time since I read it, but I don't remember it bothered me.
>>
>>2094660
>realistic conflict
It is a realistic conflict, but it was handled like they were 17-18 years old, which made me not like it. Even when Rosalyn revealed what she worked as, it seems as if all people forgot that she works for a charity and organizes stuff, so she should know more than some 'country bumpkin' but I guess that slipped everyone's minds. Lots of faults with the book, but if you try to look at it through a comedy perspective, it's somewhat amusing with how everyone can be easily read as teens. Even the elderly.
>>
>>2094683
Too true. I mean, it's a fun book and all, but I wouldn't rate it higher than, say, KG MacGregor's Anyone But You, which is also about two lovers on different sides of an issue.

And like Poppy lectures about small towns ABY lectures about environmentalism and whatnot.

Pretty similar scheme, and both with very little surprises.
>>
>>2093808
thank you thank you thank you haha
>>
>>2094412
>favorite authors
Nicola Griffith
Sophia Kell Hagin
>prolific solid authors
KG MacGregor
Karin Kallmaker
Robin Alexander
>>
>>2094377
Truelesbianlove.com may satisfy that. (That's a book title)
>>
>>2094683

You are too generous to me it seemed like they were 15yo.
Poppy was kinda the village idiot who defend everyone expect the person she loves
>>
File: 2016-07-16.png (55KB, 606x421px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-16.png
55KB, 606x421px
Pic related is everything I've read. Mostly YA, angst stuff. Looking for more of the same or, preferably, maybe some more explicit coming out stories set in high school. Angst preferred, but not required.

Also I'll give reviews and answer questions about the list.
>>
>>2095507

God, style was the worst book of 2016. If you haven't read it please do not, you will save your time.
>>
>>2095609
Not that anon but I agree, it was cringeworthy and I couldn't finish it.
>>
Talking about bad reading experiences; since it's come up a few times lately I started reading Dellacroix' Icehole - wow, do people really enjoy this sort of character? Reads like some atrocious bad /het/ romance with an arrogant, multi-billionaire male lead who thinks he can get away with anything and somehow actually does ...
>>
>>2095664
I-i liked it, senpai. Sure, she was irritating for a while, and the only reason was to generate "tension", but as a book that's not some oh-so-super-serious anguish-ridden drama, it was pretty fun.
>Reads like some atrocious bad /het/ romance
Now you're just being ridiculous.
>>
>>2095709
Why? Imagine the Commander as a male instead of a woman and tell me that wouldn't be stereotypical with that endlessly arrogant and overbearing attitude ...
I mean, of course, I don't really know how the story changes once the Bad Stuff(tm) happens, so I'm not judging that, but the beginning?

She mocks and insults the Doc at every opportunity, not even knowing why the Doc doesn't like the military.
Like the scene were the Doc is voluntarily cooking so some guys can have a day off a week and she just barges in and insults her cooking for no reason and everyone thinks it's funny? What the hell.

Oh, and everybody loves her, but as the reader you only get her interactions with the Doc, and she's consistently an ass in those.
So it's really cheaply written on top of my subjective dislike, too.

And then of course she's so attractive they're sleeping together some x pages later anyway.

To each their own, but I was seriously disgusted with the novel up to that point.
>>
>>2095725
Sure, she's an asshat, and it's all pretty juvenile, but I'm very forgiving when things turn alright without dragging me through a literal hell of angst.
And that's just her character, I think she was supposed to rub the reader the wrong way. Some books are about assholes too.
Though I agree that's cheap writing.
>>
>>2095507
Dating Sarah Cooper by Siera Maley.
YA, school, fake dating, coming out, and my favourite - BBFs since early childhood.
http://www48.zippyshare.com/v/GfEjTKVy/file.html

Taking the Lead by Michele L. Rivera.
YA, school, coming out angst. Pretty okay.
http://www19.zippyshare.com/v/3CfsX7ie/file.html

Keeping You a Secret by Julie Anne Peters.
YA, school, Oh no pretty girl causing tingles in me knickers, coming out.
http://www115.zippyshare.com/v/HvSwyINJ/file.html
>>
>>2095770
Sweet I'll check those out.

>>2095609
>>2095658
Yeah. Style really tested my patience, I had to put it down several times. Which is uncommon for me.
>>
>>2095664
That was my reading experience too, anon. I don't think I made it 30 pages before I gave up.
>>
>>2095609

Taking my words back, the worst book I read this year is looking both ways then style.

Looking both way is NOT a /u/ book though listed as /u/ on good read, don't be mislead.
>>
>>2095725
I thought it was brilliant but that book is polarizing as hell. Some people read the Commander as I do, with her glaring character flaw as something endearing despite her immaturity, especially since she balances it with compassion and understanding. She had a read of Doc's prejudice against her from the start and gave as good as she got, in my opinion. The twists and genre shift made it even better.

I never realized people would read it as anything other than two obstinate people butting heads and falling in love, but a lot of people seem to view the Commander as an unbearable boor with undeserved salvation, but that is still no reason to throw gender roles into it willy nilly, women are just as big of an asshole to each other as any man can be.

>>2095770
I feel a burning need to give my standard warning for Dating Sarah Cooper so no one has to step in shit: phonecalls her crush who she is fake-dating and extremely close to while they are in love with each other while the crush is being hetfucked. Do not read unless you want to feel like garbage or don't mind the trope of "we like each other but can't don't know how to say it so I'm going to fuck someone else and rub it in your face for half the book".
>>
>>2094405
Here's Ash for you anon
http://www109.zippyshare.com/v/HaC3ZL4W/file.html
>>
>>2095867
Well, it'd be one thing if they were on equal footing, but the Doc is subordinate to the Commander.
Guess it just rubs me the wrong way.

And the /het/ cmt, I admit, was a reaction to a) those reviews that explain bad /u/ novels by going on about male authors and b) /u/ novels that go on about all the evil male people.

Anyway, just read "The Galapagos Incident" - hadn't see that one in any lists. Features a (female) protagonist that has a crush on her (female) boss.

Unfortunately I investigated a bit and it turns out she'll in later books (at least temporarily) hook up with some guy. Sigh.
No idea whether there's actual /u/ content before or after that.

Still, the first one is free, if anyone's interested.
>>
>>2095867
>Dating Sarah Cooper
The thing is, it's not a bad book. Not by far. I didn't like it either, but calling it shit is really stretching it. It's just not for people like you or me.
>>
>>2095977
I don't dismiss other's enjoyment of it but I stand by my analogy of shitstepping. I read it because there were so tons of comments saying how good it was and no comments which colored the recommendation with a warning light, which is at least the honorable thing to do when considering the broad or narrow range of enjoyment people have with /u/lit. I only wish my comment to be a lighthouse for ships who are unaware of how close they are to danger.
>>
>>2096002
It wasn't even graphic. Look at it this way: People have sex, bisexual people have sex with both sexes. I'll be the first on the train of purity, but come on - she was chasing that guy for that specific purpose from the first chapter, and they hooked up only to make him jealous. That's big enough of a warning that het might happen. Seems to me you were just expecting something different. Be a big girl about it.
I never thought I'd defend a book with het here.
>>
>>2096007
I think I was fair with my distaste and calling those who wish to heed my warning. Hell, compared to the vitriol I had for this book when the experience was raw (thankfully now laying dormant) I am being outright diplomatic. And frankly invoking bisexuals to justify her immature bullshit is a disservice to those all too few bisexuals in /u/lit who don't screw around to make people jealous.
>>
Got a link for Qualities of Light? See it mentioned a lot these past threads but I can't seem to find a link or torrent for it
>>
>>2096079
You should download the FF Library from kat. It has hundreds of books, including this one.
Just missing newer books since the torrent is a few years old.
http://www36.zippyshare.com/v/mSQ2KgP8/file.html

Speaking of which, we should make an updated torrent. Or an expansion pack for the original torrent, to fill in the gaps and newer releases.
I've been saving all the books I've downloaded that are missing from it.
>>
Has anyone read love's autograph by michele reynolds and could give me an opinion ? Looks promising but I don't trust the rec list anymore...

On a side note I just finished and playing the role of herself and found it actually really well written. Which is becoming rare enough to be noted...
>>
>>2096090
>I've been saving all the books I've downloaded that are missing from it.

Same here. I've also been converting and adding the stuff I've purchased, and deleting the books and stories that are absolute garbage. The Calibre library could definitely use an update.
>>
>>2096294
Yeah, the Calibre library has a few surprising, err, blind spots (newer ebooks aside), in much the same way it has some novels I'm not even sure how whoever created it found them in the first place.

And talking about weird, obscure novels; there's "Preserving Eternity" for Kindle Unlimited, which is about a vaguely Japanese/Asian setting and a race of immortals, who are mostly homosexual, and a rebellion against their established rules.
Unfortunately it doesn't really fulfill it's potential - the characters are pretty flat, and although the rebellion creates a really nice, tense situation with multiple mortal and immortal factions all sitting around wondering who's gonna betray whom ... in the end nothing really happens.

A weirdly disappointing novel, altogether. But if you want to read about a feminist-swordfighter-immortal-lesbian (and the people around her) and don't have anything better to read it might be entertaining enough. It'd pretty short anyway.
>>
>>2094502
Santa Olivia is one of the best /u/s that ever /u/'d.
>>
>>2096140
Thought I replied. Loves Autograph was not great. If you can overlook glaring grammatical and spelling errors, then go for it. I finished it because I hate to leave something unfinished once I start, but I didn't enjoy it.
>>
>>2096627
>Lushly written with rich and vivid characters, SANTA OLIVIA is Jacqueline Carey's take on comic book superheroes and the classic werewolf myth.
>Loup Garron was born and raised in Santa Olivia, an isolated, disenfranchised town next to a US military base inside a DMZ buffer zone between Texas and Mexico. A fugitive "Wolf-Man" who had a love affair with a local woman, Loup's father was one of a group of men genetically-manipulated and used by the US government as a weapon. The "Wolf-Men" were engineered to have superhuman strength, speed, sensory capability, stamina, and a total lack of fear, and Loup, named for and sharing her father's wolf-like qualities, is marked as an outsider.
>After her mother dies, Loup goes to live among the misfit orphans at the parish church, where they seethe from the injustices visited upon the locals by the soldiers. Eventually, the orphans find an outlet for their frustrations: They form a vigilante group to support Loup Garron who, costumed as their patron saint, Santa Olivia, uses her special abilities to avenge the town.
>Aware that she could lose her freedom, and possibly her life, Loup is determined to fight to redress the wrongs her community has suffered. And like the reincarnation of their patron saint, she will bring hope to all of Santa Olivia. (less)
What the fuck?
>>
>>2096830

Yes?
>>
>>2096830
It's far from the weirdest /u/ novel around.

Unfortunately the sequel was kinda lame.
>>
>>2096830
The reviews make it seem like it isn't actually a superhero book but more of a jumble of boxing and pranks. I kind of lost interest after reading reviews, is it actually any good? A lot of the reviews talk it up for having mixed race female lead but the ones that actually dissect the plot make it sound kind of boring. Also does this have any het and rape?
>>
>>2090101
Yes to first part of spoiler, sort of to 2nd

It's actually a very grounded and gritty series, not really the romantic fairytale the summary makes it out to be. That's not to say it's without its any crazy ideas though.

Overall it has a very Shit Happens approach to life. You could say that sounds edgy and I woildnt really blame you. The sequel is much more LOL LESBIAN ADVENTURE compared to the first though, which actually earned itself quite the negative press due the departure in tone to its predecessor.
>>
>>2097028

Shit, meant to reply to >>2096933
>>
>>2097028
you should probably just go ahead and say what the het and "sort of" is under a spoiler. because some people have zero interest in a story where the MC bones a dude.

also the summary mentions zero love interest either way so it doesn't look like a romantic fairytale at all.

i like werewolves and lesbians even if the summary and the MC's name are making me skeptical, so i'll try to track it down and report back if other sisters are interested.
>>
>>2097122
>because some people have zero interest in a story where the MC bones a dude

True, but usually those people have issues and aren't valued for their opinion. It's like letting the background music of a diner ruining your meal.

That's not to say I don't like my gold star lesbians or that I want too many prominent male characters in my lesbian fantasies, but I'm not going to dismiss a book over one heretical sexual encounter or two.
>>
>>2097129
personally, i don't really like reading about bisexuals or het sex scenes, because i only find reading about romance interesting if it's between two women. if a book is good, whatever, but if it's not stellar why would i read something with shit i don't like in it when there's other options.

idk if you're the person that's read the book and is suggesting it, but if you are, it'd be courteous to tell people what they're getting into even if you might not agree with their opinion.
>>
>>2097122
I'm fairly sure there weren't any het sex scenes; I'm not even sure she has any (she dates a guy for a while, which is worth two sentences or so in the book). This is a coming-of-age-and-figuring-out-how-this-werewolf-thing-works novel, in part, so that takes a while.

Due to her being "weird" she knows really quickly whether she's into someone or not. And her love interest (who does have het sex) really makes up for her celibacy early on; she's quite ... enthusiastic.
>>
>>2097145
Sorry, trigger warnings aren't really a 4chan thing.
>>
I'm reading Dating Sarah Connor and this book seems like the book version of Faking It, which i hate.
>>
>>2097364

Actually more like Faking It is a TV version of the book. Book was written before Faking It come out
>>
>>2097340
Girl, we've been warning each other about het content for a long time.
You do you ofc. But if one knows it contains het content, taking a moment to write it out in a spoiler is definitely within the spirit of /u/.
>>
>>2097384
I think anon takes issue with how you approach the issue more than the issue itself. Not reading books because the contain hetshit is cool, of course, this is /u/ after all, and telling people this or that book has het is fine. It's when it's being passed off as some deeply offensive thing that's sure to shock your daughter is when it starts to be frowned upon.
>>2097129
>It's like letting the background music of a diner ruining your meal.
I'd liken it more to a bad smell. And atmosphere of the place you eat is no joking matter.
>>
>>2097364
I'm right in the middle of Dating Sarah Cooper too. Just ending chapter 8. Seems a little contrived, the whole "fake being bi" to get at guy's attention. I don't think I've ever heard of that being something people actually did.

Though this most recent chapter is helping the book tremendously. I hope it keeps on the upswing.
>>
I finished A Reluctant Enterprise by Gun Brooke and can recommend it for the uniqueness of two billionaires, both with bad childhoods, and their age gap romance (of course). It was a little shorter than I would have liked but it was a good read if you like GB's writing.

I was surprised how reasonable their breakup was and how it was worked into this story. Their emotional issues stunted them both and it was handled in a way that actually made sense compared to the usual just-for-drama breakups that some authors use. It was actually refreshing to see a mature breakup. There was no elaborate setup and angst, just two people who were fucked up from never knowing love. I was disappointed that the dyslexia never had any importance though. I was expecting Sylvie to bring it up at some point or for Sylvie's father to make fun of her dyslexia in front of Aeron and have a scene about it, but it never happened and it made it feel like a chapter was missing. That is part of the reason why I wish the book was a little longer, there was a lot more that I wanted to see.
>>
>>2097340

trigger warnings aren't a 4chan thing but telling neesans what's up with het is definitely a /u/ thing because who wants to spend time reading something only to find out it has dog shit smeared between the pages.

I got a copy of saint Olivia off kat, I'll try to get through by next week.
>>
Style was actually good until halfway through the book. The 2nd half of the book is terrible.
>>
>>2096933
there's het.
>>
>>2097495
>both with bad childhoods

Is it rich people problems (in the literary trope sense) or actual problems?

Spoiler makes it seem the former.
>>
>>2097669
Actual problems. The MCs are grounded people and not snobbish at all and their childhoods are awful because of parent issues. Ene is a god-complex narcissist who emotionally manipulates his daughter into inferiority, the other is a drug addicted socialite who treats her daughter like she is an inconvenience so she never feels valued (the book opens up with her funeral). I thought it was very easy to be sympathetic to their childhood traumas and I actually found a few moments hit a little too close to home. The fact they are insanely wealthy doesn't even have an impact on their values.
>>
>>2097683
>spoiler, parentheses
W-what? The parent?
>>
>>2097698
Yeah I meant the mother. Sorry if I didn't make it clear.
>>
>>2097626
Couldn't agree more Anon.
>>
File: image.png (58KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
58KB, 400x400px
I dunno guys
>>
>>2098085
What's up? What's got you in a tizzy?
...it was het, wasn't it?
>>
Can someone post a zippy of red files by lee winter please?
>>
>>2094377
Colorblind by Siera Maley is very close to this.
The reason the MC says she can't is a supernatural one.
And this isn't a spoiler since it's revealed in the first few pages: she knows at what age people are going to die, which makes her reluctant to forming relationships. The other girl is going to die very soon.

It meets all your other criteria. And it's not as depressing as the synopsis can make it sound. I actually really liked it.

http://www44.zippyshare.com/v/WAfIbRBb/file.html
>>
I wonder why Mia Archer isn't as popular as Erik Schubach. They both churn books after books, ES has his own formula that never goes away. Mia Archer is the same, but she is a better writer.

Erik Schubach has this writing style that throws you cute moments after cute moments that you get overwhelmed by the end.

Mia Archer's writing style is that there's a lot of cuteness, but in between there are bits of drama that lets you get off that sugar high.
>>
>>2098398
Thanks. I'll give it a try.

Anyone else who can recommend something like I described?
>>
File: 24536688.jpg (46KB, 297x475px) Image search: [Google]
24536688.jpg
46KB, 297x475px
>>2098408
Looking at book summaries, they sound like exactly the kind of trashy romances that I read as guilty pleasure. Mek, I'll take a closer look.
Also, this cover.
>>
>>2098423

I didn't like that one.

I liked:
Girl Games
Princess Charming
Stay (currently reading this one)

I mean yeah, they aren't world class stories. But they are fun. Reading her books always puts me in a good mood.

>>2098398
I love Colorblind. I honestly read all of Siera Maley's books. IMHO, her stories are getting better and better every book.
>>
>>2098423
>cover
I'll take that over those 3D modelling ones any day.
>>
>>2098408
If all books are like 'Villaines Love' (which I didn't finish cause I don't want protruding nipples and erect clitorises every other page) then I can understand why she isn't as popular as him.
>>
File: Princess Charming.jpg (119KB, 740x1184px) Image search: [Google]
Princess Charming.jpg
119KB, 740x1184px
>>2098445
Villaines Love was my first MA book, I honestly didn't like it. I almost boycotted all of her books until princess charming.

http://www34.zippyshare.com/v/dh1zCHfN/file.html
>>
>>2098451
Is the book 50% sex though, and protruding nipples, pounding clitorises, etc.?
>>
>>2098431
Yeah Maley is great. Her book are just easy to read and take in.
>>
>>2098423
I'm mildly confused by the fact that there's also a "Futavillainess" by a certain Hayden Archer.

It's not the same, now that a checked, but uses the same cover and the character names are similar.

... the hell.

Either way the futa one was surprisingly amusing. Let's buy all real estate that's on 20th floors and upwards and then melt the ice capes, best world conquest strategy ever ...
>>
>>2098484
What the fuck, is this an erotica writing dynasty or some shit?
>>
>>2098491
Must be something like that.
http://archerotica.com/
http://miaarcher.com/
http://lexiarcher.com/
Everything the same design.

So either it's someone(s) preferring to publish under different names (wouldn't be the first one) or it's erotica for the entire family.
>>
>>2098497
It looks like someone is capitalizing on the uptick in erotica sales by mass-producing variations of the same book to increase sales without fear of copyright since they're all the same person.
>>
>>2098408
i've never understood why anybody likes schubach . he's a boring writer with simplistic prose and plots supremely lacking in originality.

also speaking of bad writing, i started this clark book >>2090402 and i'm about to drop it after 20 pages or so because i can't stand the writing
>>
>>2098558
Shubach's success makes me want to quit my job and take up writing lesbian romance as a full time career. If he can be successful with boring writing and subpar editing then how would I fare from shitting out a few enjoyable books a year? Every other lesbian book has crayon drawings for a cover and relies mostly on the esteem of the author and good reviews for sales. I think his books do well because he hires hot models for his covers and prices his books at bargain-bin level. But I might just be disconnected from what people want in a trashy throwaway lesbian romance. My standards of good /u/lit are too specific.
>>
>>2098459

There's no sex at all. It's an innocent YA.
>>
>>2098604
This would be pretty much living the dream if you can sell enough garbage to make a living. im jealous of those that do it successfully.
>>
>>2098558
The prose is very basic, yes, and I wish he'd take more time to plot out his stories, but I like his fantasy novels.

Like the Techromancy(?) one; where he actually has enough guts to "permanently damage" his protagonist and not make her magically survive a dozen near death adventures with zero lasting damage like in basically every other book ever (a small exaggeration, but only a small one).

Or the bridge one. UF with a bridge troll protagonist? Fairly unique.

But, yeah, he has those ideas and then just doesn't take enough time to develop them properly. He doesn't really improve much either. Shame, really, he has potential in my opinion.
>>
>>2098612
All his MCs have disabilities though (or at least every couple has one with a disability), so his protagonist for that book was more or less guaranteed to have some kind of 'permanent damage' as you said it.
>>
>>2098398
>>2098422
So I finished it and I really liked it, and I typically shy away from YA because of how stupid the characters typically behave. When I was in school, all of my classmates/friends didn't behave like they are typically presented in YA books. I just get mad at the characters. This was probably the third I read, the other two being 'That Witch' and 'Our Demented Playdate'.

Are her other books like this? Meaning the characters are believably 'idiotic' and not for the sake of it?
>>
>>2098607
You're kidding right? Then lots of angst? Not really a fan of books that are 75% angst, or even 25%. You don't need angst to have a good book.
>>
Just finished Dating Sarah Cooper.
It's not as bad as some anon's made it out to be. That being said, it's not great either.

I hated that Sarah turned out to be bi, and that she constantly hetfucked and cucked Kate. Also Kate never really got upset over Sarah, even when she was hetfucking. She forgave her so easily, it was a little unrealistic, I felt.

2 out of 5
>>
>>2098638
>unrealistic
I think the opposite. I thought it was realistic in the way that it's a story that could happen.
I don't know, lately I think it' a petty reason to dislike a book, but I didn't like it for the same reasons, and I feel like a fucking hypocrite sometimes when rating books on goodreads.
>>
>>2098660
Enjoyment is purely subjective and you have no obligation to like or dislike anything for any reason. That's why I love finding good books that don't have stuff that pisses me off, it is like meeting a new friend who I can get along with, as opposed to someone who has a personality I find repugnant. That isn't to say I don't like books which have stuff I am not familiar or comfortable with, but I hope you understand what I mean.

You find DSC realistic, I found it to be the opposite. I never get close to anyone who is that ridiculously drama-prone and I find that the types of events which carry the plot are too heavily manufactured to the point of being unbelievable. Maybe my life has been unusually ordinary but I find stuff like Our Demented Play Date to be much more relatable even though some like >>2098634 consider that unrealistic as well.
>>
>>2098664
>>2098634
Oh, I meant that those were the other YA I've read, not that I find them unrealistic. I quite enjoyed them. They resemble some of my friends as well. I was referring to 'Dating Sarah Cooper'
>>
>>2098664
Maybe my memory colours things, DSC was one of the first f/f books I've read, but I have no intention of re-reading.
>Our Demented Play Date
Is that the one with the summer holidays and stuff? I liked the beginning very much but then that stuff with the thing happened and I thought it was wildly out of left field.
>>
>>2098667
Oh sorry, the switch in sentence topic threw me.

Hoping Kate Fletcher writes more YA. I never felt like reading her other book Seven Minutes in Heaven because unhappily married straight girl trope
>>
>>2098671
I forgot to press the 'enter'.

I found 'Seven Minutes in Heaven' fun though. If it was longer than it is, I imagine it would've ruined it, but that trope was more like 'I didn't realize I was a lesbian' thing than anything so. At least, I think so? I forgot. I'd say give it a go if only because it's short.
>>
>>2098636

No. Princess Charming is all fluff.
>>
Is Agape and Hesed as good as Emet? Or better?

I liked the ending in the first book and I've been hesitant to read the next one.
>>
Noooo KAT is gone forever :(

What's another good torrent site for lesbooks releases ?
>>
>>2098702
Now we buckle up for winter and get comfortable reading fanfiction.
>>
>>2098702
Hopefully someone can pick up the torch and keep KAT alive.
What if we had a /u/ tracker? How awesome wouldn't that be?

Anyways:
https://www.reddit.com/r/trackers/comments/hrgmv/tracker_with_pdfsebooks_of_college_textbooks/c1xrq44
>>
>>2098702
I remember someone once posted some wizardry on how to get ebooks through IRC though I've never tried it because it sounded too advanced for me.
>>
>>2098740

I've done it before; it's a little tricky but nothing brainbusting.
>>
Any books where both MCs are poor/have a low income?
>>
>>2098692
I liked them altogether. Angst heavy, especially the second book if I remember correctly. Worth reading all three.
>>
>>2098805
>Angst heavy

Ohhh boy, here we go again.

Thanks, anon. I'll start them tomorrow, pretty sad the amount of religious lesbian fiction out there.
>>
>>2098806
Let us know what you think when you finish.
>>
>>2098702
Fuuuuuuuuck.

Don't suppose anyone has a zip of the last 2 weeks' uploads, if there were any? I normally check every so often, but it slipped my mind recently.

On a different note, was reading through one of the recent offerings (forget the name atm), and it led to a thought - are there any wolf/shifter books that don't make 'the alpha/beta/omega' dynamics (not the futa kind, necessarily, but the pack mentality) More often than not it feels like it's either not fully realized, or overdone. No good middle ground.
>>
>>2098740
I tried it and couldn't figure it out because I'm an idiot.
>>
>>2098740
>>2098905
Funny thing is, the pic was on kat, but a lot of the books I downloaded from IRC were very poorly converted.

Like this http://www51.zippyshare.com/v/ZDHtSmIe/file.html
>>
>>2098868
I wish. I've been looking for something like that for years. I love Garoul, but they definitely use that dynamic.
>>
>>2098702
How about Bibliotik and MyAnonaMouse? I just saw them as options, but I'm not on them. Anyone here on 'em?
>>
>>2099005

I have been on myanonamouse for ~3 years now. While it does have a lot of lesbian books, KAT had way more & new stuffs are generally uploaded on KAT and not on myanonamous.

What myanonamous is really good for are old books/old magazines + Audiobooks. It has a lot of lesbian audiobooks.

I really like myanonamous because it is my main source for pirated GraphicAudio content.
>>
https://proxyportal.org/kickass
>>
>>2098868
Try going through some kickass proxy, if you dare.
>>
>>2098868
Danielle Parker's Pure of Heart. In fact, there's no "pack". It still has that stupid "wolves mate forever" thing, but otherwise I personally found it relatively refreshing in its were-approach.

Also (but I realize this is very subjective) Dakota Shepherd wasn't too bad with it either. Particularly were she tells that more dominant wolf to fuck off since he's a sexist prick. So people aren't turned into mind-controlled werewolf-zombies who tolerate everything, for once.
>>
zooqle.com has all the new kat.cr FF releases. Just not the older ones (FF calibre)

https://zooqle.com/search?pg=1&q=ff&v=t&s=dt&sd=d
>>
>>2099055
>new Robin Alexander novel
Why wasn't I aware of this?!
>>
>>2099053
>stupid "wolves mate forever"
Hey, I like that. Purity through faithfulness and all.
>>
>>2099057

It's been out for weeks now.

I generally visit here if I want something new to read:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/digital-text/7588789011/
>>
>>2099047

I did just now, impossible to get the last 3 days torrents but other are working
>>
>>2099060
Meh, but if it's sort-of magically forced and not really controlled by the people it's just not the same.

Of course I expect people not to cheat on each other, but there's no need to make one partner the "right one" and everyone else outright "wrong", no matter what else is going on.
(as a side note, I think that cheaters in romance novels often get away with it way too easily)
>>
>>2099063
I don't generally follow new releases, I've got a lifetime's worth of books already and my hoarding habits were getting a little out of hand lately so I decided to draw a line.
Oh sweet will be the day when I get paid.
>>
>>2099055
Anyone got all of the new books in a zip/rar/7z? Also, wouldn't that link work for later as well?
>>
File: 4-Tipping-Velvet.jpg (1MB, 1044x1626px) Image search: [Google]
4-Tipping-Velvet.jpg
1MB, 1044x1626px
Has anyone read any of Sarah Waters novels? Are they any good?
>>
>>2099394
They're probably among the most read /u/ reads. And now that Fingersmith got a movie ...

I think they're okay. There's novels around I liked better and many others I liked less, so, about what one can expect.
>>
>>2099400
Fingersmith movie? Do you mean a new one or the two-part movie from 2004?
>>
>>2099469
There's a Korean adaptation that supposedly did really well in theaters (in SK). I heard they changed some stuff and changed one person to a guy, though, so who knows. No one ever mentioned seeing it on here.
>>
>>2099469
Korean adaptation called 'The Handmaiden', it's been out a little over a month, but there's no torrents of it, so the wait is for Blu-ray/DVDs. Also it was censored in Singapore apparently, because of homosexuality and stuff.
>>
>>2099469
Yeah, the Park Chan-wook one.
dunno how /u/ it'll be; Fingersmith already wasn't all that "puristic" in literature, so it'd probably be better not to expect too much, but the trailer looked great.

Talking about Koreans, I'm currently reading Yoon Ha Lee's Ninefox Gambit. I wouldn't expect much romance on account on everything being fucked up, but the protagonist is either bi or lesbian (no het mentioned so far, only a lesbian past, but no idea whether she's exclusive).
Reads a bit like a mix of a PC game and Ancillary Justice. Pretty interesting so far.
>>
>>2099482
>Also it was censored in Singapore apparently, because of homosexuality and stuff.
Did they only show the middle parts?
>>
>>2099491
>movie
According to a review, there was a sex scene or two with the ladies, so. Also a torture scene of some kind towards the end for some reason, but the reviewer attributed it to the director, cause he made 'Oldboy' or something.
>>
>>2099499
Dunno, people living in there and seen it say it's fairly obvious about the censoring, as in, the sex scene(s) are cut out and a few other things, but I haven't seen it nor do I live there to know in detail what is censored.
>>
>>2099500
SK isn't all that progressive with gay rights is it? The pessimist in me thinks the torture is to reaffirm that gay people suffer to balance the scales for all the other gay stuff they got away with in the movie. I never cared for the director or his ultraviolence so this news unfortunately made me lose interest in the adaptation..
>>
>>2099394
I loved Tipping the Velvet. It ain't a romance but a journey through life and personal growth. The miniseries was fun to watch too.
>>
>>2099053
Wasn't a bad read but still too embroiled in loss of control for me. Thanks.
>>
>>2099789
If you've read the others, would you say Tipping the Velvet is the best starting point, since it's her first novel, or doesn't it matter much? Because the setting of Fingersmith somehow appeals to me more.
>>
>>2099808
Not that neesan, but I'd say it doesn't matter. The books are good in their own ways. Go with your gut feeling.
That said, I liked Fingersmith way more.
>>
>>2099899
Okay, awesome, thank you!
>>
Is there like, a master list of necessary reading or recommendations? I just want to have a backlog to go through over time.

Please and thank you.
>>
>>2099902
They're books, not a college course. Read what you like, nee-san.
>>
>>2099925
Well, I understand that. But I find it a lot easier if there are some pretty widely regarded ones to start out with. Ones where I can see what I like.
>>
>>2099928
Summer of our Discontent
Pegasi and Prefects
Say Yes to the Cheerleader
Garoul series
Icehole
A Kiss Doesn't Lie
Supreme Constellations
The Traitor Baru Cormorant
>>
File: Ice Massacre.jpg (98KB, 500x780px) Image search: [Google]
Ice Massacre.jpg
98KB, 500x780px
How come no one ever recommended this? What a gem of a book.

> Human x Mermaid romance
> Star Crossed lovers
> Friend turn into enemy
> Constant Action
> Well Written
> Lots of Drama without Angst
> You feel constantly on edge
> Page Turner
> Book 2 comes out in 3 days
>>
>>2099961
And the cover isn't horrible as well!
I'm gonna give it a shot soon-ish.
>>
>>2099961
Never heard of it. There are too many reviews of the got-it-for-free variety but I am curious enough to keep an eye on it when the series ends. Eternal Autumn and other 2nd books in unfinished series is enough to make me hesitate on reading it for now, but if the sequel doesn't suffer from middle book syndrome then maybe I'll try it sooner.

The fact it is on sale for $0.99 down from $14.99 right now is tempting but I still haven't seen believable evidence that makes me think it is actually worth that insane price.
>>
Talking about sort-of expensive books, I totally missed the release of Klaire's 3rd Above and Beyond book.

I'm not through yet, but I still have an utter love-hate-relationship with the story. The way everyone uses the protagonist is as infuriating as it was in the first book, even if people might or might not feel a little bad about it (it's all for the greater good!), but there's still this nice tension, complex relationships and "so how's that all going to end" thing going on ...
>>
>>2100094

The book isn't perfect. My biggest problem is probably the setting. It's in a modern setting just off the coast of Alaska. I don't know why they don't use guns or ask for US/Canada for help or just abandon the island together since there are helicopters. But past that it's pretty great.

It is similar to Hunger Games in a way. 19 girls are tasked to kill mermaids to save their island. This is a yearly event called "Massacre" where teens are trained since they were young to fight mermaids, a right of passage you would say. They are getting desperate, because men are ineffective fighting the mermaids(because mermaid magic works on men and not women), so for the first time girls will be doing the massacre.

This might look like heavy spoilers but it's not. The info is just in the first few pages of the book.
>>
>>2099902
see
>>2092651
>>
So kickass torrents got shut down...
>>
>>2100517
For good?
>>
>>2100558

Yes, owner got arrested.
>>
>>2100589
And there's no mirrors or anything? Huh, shit.
>>
>>2100592

Isohunt created a mirror of Kat for people to download the stuffs they need. But the mirror only have torrents of the past 18 months
>>
>>2100664
Wow, that sucks.
>>
>>2100664
Can't search for FF on it either, because I guess the query is too short.
Seems it's time to automate going through 400 pages and getting everything that starts with "FF "
>>
>>2100773

No use, none of SFN87 torrents are on the mirror. I downloaded 20 +/- of her/his latest uploads last week and none of them are on the mirror site.
>>
>>2100788
I don't know how complete the calibre one was, I'll go through it and get the magnets for myself regardless.
Though that 18 months thing is inaccurate, there are 5 year old torrents in there.
>>
I really need to read the summary of a book before reading it blindly from a link on here. Im reading pegasi and prefects and im having alot of what the fuck am i reading moments. I dont know what i expected but it wasn't this. However saying that, I am enjoying it though.
>>
>>2101036
Does anyone have a zippy of the sequel?
>>
>>2098423
Well, that was, uh, interesting. I suppose it's what I get for ignoring everyone saying they didn't like it.

Protagonist plays up all the supervillain tropes and ends up being kind of obnoxious, her ego is only rivalled by her libido and penchant for pseudo-science babble, and surprise poly ending in the last five pages seriously what. Not at all the silly cheesy enemies-to-lovers story I was expecting.
>>
>>2101132
That doesn't surprise me any more, and that's why I sometimes spend as much time going through reviews as I do actual reading.
>>
>>2099961
I read it and commented about it once! I also loved it, the kind of book that I like as it is not only romance between two girls but also has action, a good amount of drama/dilemma and interesting characters.
I am glad to see that the sequel is coming soon because it totally slipped off my mind. Will check it out for sure.
>>
What is /u/'s position on first person POV in original fiction? I've written a few short things in the past and got some bitchy responses over it being first person.
>>
Well, after reading Poppy Jenkins I can only say: the author needs a better editor as soon as possible. That book is plagued with issues.
>>
>>2101282
I don't mind it. It seems fairly common from the books I've read, too.

I'm not a fan of alternating POV in first person, though. It's too hard for me to remember who is narrating when you resume reading.
>>
>>2101282
If it's well done 1st person narrators can lead to very interesting novels. Not sure I can think of an exceptional good example for /u/ lit, but some of my favorite series overall definitely use it - like Andrea Cort ("My own life meant next to nothing to me. The only thing that mattered to me was taking his.") or Russell's Attic ("Instead I played my own fucked up game of cat and mouse with them, one in which the mouse turned out to be an invisible assassin with an assault rifle who never missed.").
For /u/. Hum. Lauren Laurano, maybe? I think that was 1st person. Oh, and Dragonoak. Aud Torvingen. Mickey Knight.
Is it just me or are 1st person narrators primarily used for fucked up protagonists?

It seems a bit more difficult to pull off than 3rd person narrators, but I'd say there's more than enough evidence that it can be done.
>>
>>2101295
I'm not really going for anything particularly interesting, the story I started isn't going to be following anyone other than the protagonist, and I've just been writing her thoughts on certain things. It's at the point were I could easily rewrite it in third person limited, that's just sort of how I ended up writing it and it felt right to me.
>>
>>2101282
First person is fine, but in my experience with /u/lit books first person feels more like a crutch that the author uses to tell the story in the most straightforward way. I usually spend most of the time thinking how much better would be they if they were written in some form of 3rd person simply for the removal of the MC's narrating voice.

Kurt Vonnegut, Mark Twain, Harper Lee, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Nabokov, Arthur Conan Doyle, etc. made classics out of first person writing because they used that perspective to enhance the book. It added character to the prose that a 3rd person perspective wouldn't be capable of.

So if your writing rises to occasion then ignore the hate. Regardless, consider changing your style to see what other ways your story can be told.
>>
>>2101282
Anyone who has a problem with it should go home and read more. Parts of the fucking Odyssey are told in first person. It is not a controversial writing choice.
>>
>>2101282
Depends on the writer obviously, but a lot of really shitty books are told in 1st person. That's not to say that there aren't bad books narrated on third person, though.
>>
>>2101282
First and third person are equally appropriate depending on what kind of story you're telling.

Just for the love of god use the past fucking tense unless you have a really REALLY good reason not to.
>>
>>2101282
I'm not a fan. It rarely works. I prefer limited third if you want to stick to a single POV. It allows the same introspection as first person but with a bit more flexibility. First person seems stripped of descriptions and setting; make sure you don't abandon that.
>>
>>2100259
Wow, thanks! I guess I must've glanced over that post.
>>
>>2100094
I don't understand. I see the one for $0.99 and one for $14.99. The $0.99 only has a hundred-ish pages but the $14.99 one has like 300 pages. Am I missing something?
>>
>>2101768

Digital Ed vs Hardcover(Physical book). Quite normal.
>>
So anyone found a new place for getting our ebooks?
>>
>>2101802
Sister, it hasn't even been a week. Give it some time for things to settle.
>>
>>2100104
does anyone have a link to dl the first it seems quit interesting.
>>
Okay, I've switched over to third person. Hopefully I'll have a serviceable draft of my first chapter done by the end of the week.

I know some people publishing work online have beta readers and editors, but how do they generally arrange things like that? Should I post the draft into a pastebin or something?
>>
>>2102017

Posting fic or books online is a whole community. Other authors are betas for one author work, then other give feedback and stuffs like this
>>
>>2102017
I recommend you to look for Brandon Sanderson's lessons on writing on YouTube. They are specifically for fantasy/sci-books, but the general advice works for every genre.
>>
Anyone have Run by Kody Keplinger, by any chance? The book seems pretty good. Thanks
>>
File: unicorn tracks.jpg (227KB, 316x475px) Image search: [Google]
unicorn tracks.jpg
227KB, 316x475px
Found this one lately. Nice cover.
It's basically about some alternate-reality African country, with unicorns (and mermaids that are kinda like piranhas).

Solid book. Fairly typical for /u/ YA stuff, just a bit of youthful adventure with the obvious ending. Could've (and should've) gone deeper on the various issues the story presents, but as expected it doesn't, and stays a light, quick read.
>>
>>2102233
I'm not a complete newbie at writing, anon, I'm mostly concerned with finding someone trustworthy to give input and possibly edit since I'm not going to be asking anyone I know personally to do it.
>>
>>2102617
That's why I recommended the videos, the first one actually talks a bit about how to run a workshop with beta readers and feedback. Regardless of how much "experience" you have, you should check them.
>>
>>2094377
You just described my life. I could write it for you if you wanted.
>>
>>2098451
Gave it a try and I'm at the part where she's caught kissing again. I can't stop laughing.
This is way fucking better than it has right to be.
>>
>>2099053
>Pure of Heart
I can't find any link for this one, can some kind anon share this book?
>>2099961
>Ice Massacre
I can't find this one either, fuck me. A link would be much appreciated.
Anyways I found the sequel to it so might as well share it with you
http://www105.zippyshare.com/v/YEcQ1Jnc/file.html
>>
>>2103308
okay, nevermind about Ice Massacre. Finally found it.
http://www83.zippyshare.com/v/NCIRRzvO/file.html
>>
You guys have ridiculously bad taste. Just wanted to say that.
>>
>>2103311
Goddammit, zippyshare's displaying ebooks almost kills my browser. What the heck.

>>2103312
You don't address anything specific, so you might as well not have posted at all.
>>
>>2103315
>books almost kills my browser. What the heck.
Yeah, it work like shit when displaying ebooks.
>>
>>2103312

The trick to reading lesfic is to lower your standards.
>>
>>2103312
Grace us with your enlightened favorites then.
>>
does anyone have Georgia Beers - Run to You
>>
>Mia Archer
>Villaines Love
>Princess Charming
It's almost like two different authors wrote those books. One is masturbation material, the other is a campy YA novel.

It's amazing. Any of her other books like Princess Charming?
>>
File: cover.jpg (119KB, 997x1495px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
119KB, 997x1495px
Speaking of masturbation material...
>>
>>2103554
Not.
>>
>>2103631
Gotta love that "a lesbian romance" part. I expect poetry and candlelight dinners and little, thoughtful gifts and long walks in the wood. Quite possibly an entirely platonic experience, actually.
>>
>>2103554
Masturbation causes the dissipation of your innate creative energies and depresses the spirit. A healthy life should be masturbation-free.
>>
>>2103312
not a lot of great options out there, what's your gold standard?

>>2103554
does "contemporary" mean they move in together immediately and get in passive aggressive fights on social media?

if anyone still cares, I braved Santa Olivia and it's a quick, easy read. it focuses mostly on the MC and her story + struggles. the "werewolf" element is prevalent but pretty low key. it exists mostly to give the MC super strength and speed. got a smidge of the "mate for life" trope.

on the het book opens with MCs mom banging dudes and bringing her into the world. MC goes through brief experimentation with dudes and loses her virginity to one before getting together with her female love interest

on the rape side character gets raped, MC and friends get crafty revenge on the perp.

overall, ok. didn't feel like a waste of time, but i feel pretty meh after finishing it. kat's dead, so zippy. both santa olivia and the sequel i wasn't motivated to read are in it.

http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/KvdZEg9x/file.html
>>
>>2103540
http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/G92gi7ep/file.html
>>
>>2098451
Is it just me or does it end pretty abruptly?
Could also do with a bit more proofreading, at one point the names were switched around.
8/10 fun for the whole family.
>>
>>2103312
I guess everyone is supposed to share your tastes and standards? I mean, I can't stand Icehole, but I don't shit all over the thread every time someone recs it. Contribute or shut the fuck up.

Speaking of, that latest Robin Alexander novel Dear Me was okay. Not a whole lot of conflict and an overall good ending. The whole stalker-y thing was kind of creepy.

https://zooqle.com/ff-robin-alexander-dear-me-va9pu.html
>>
>>2103837
>Not a whole lot of conflict and an overall good ending
Just how I like'em.
>>
>>2103792
>does "contemporary" mean they move in together immediately and get in passive aggressive fights on social media?
Actually, they mostly just fuck for a grade, but it's not even particularly aggressive or predatory. Cringey.
I wouldn't particularly recommend it, but if you've got nothing else and want teacher/student smut, eh, go for it.
>>
>>2103820
Thanks, I'll give it a look.
>>
>>2103312
Nice bait, onee-chan, do you fish?
>>
I feel the need to read /u/ novels again for the first time in years. Any recommendations would be appreciated, especially somewhat recent. I particularly like fantasy/sci-fi stuff of all sort. I don't need characters to be pure, but no guys involved relationship-wise or otherwise in the actual story please. Actually I'm not interested in general romance drama/angst at all, it's not really my shit. I do enjoy chicks realizing their sexuality type angsty, and I love angst and drama from plot that isn't romance related i.e. dastardly plots or unfair imprisonment or whatever the hell. But I like the actual romance fluffy.

I can list some shit I've read and my thoughts I guess. But this is years since I read them so we'll see what I recall.

I read the first book of the Elemental Logic series - it actually held my attention, but it was weird as fuck I think and I wasn't the biggest fan of the main characters. Also I vaguely remember it had some kinda gay sex scene too or something? I never bothered reading book 2.

I also read the first book of The Lyremouth Chronicles, and I remember I quite liked it for the most part even if the plot was a little slow. I couldn't really get into book 2, not sure why. I recall I really liked the love interest, but the MC I wasn't too big a fan of. I really like femme/femme couples which I find in addition to being pretty rare overall, is especially rare in fantasy where I find mostly butch MC, so my love of fantasy stories does not help me find stuff in my niche!

I've read the first book of Pegasi and Prefects on and off for a while, and it's not bad but kinda boring? Should be just up my alley, but the MC is really meh and nothing happens.

I remember reading I Can't Think Straight and it was okay but not my kinda thing, more fun at the start than once the family stuff started up.

I glanced through my old Calibre folder and that's honestly all that I can remember having any thoughts on. Not a lot of great praise from me, haha.
>>
Are there any fresh Urban Fantasy stories? I'm a sucker for Twin Peaks, Grimm, sorta True Blood, VTM:Bloodlines, Penny Dreadful, ect.

Ive only ever seen the same lame reqs sadly. That Grouwle Series? I remember Hells Bells, and Goblin Fire but they never made sequels; I think Hells Bells did but never a third book.
>>
Not sure if offical but kat.am seems like a new kickass torrent site still new though and not large selection of torrents hopefully its offical and is here to stay
>>
>>2104999

Be careful I tried a few Kat mirrors and lot are actually virus and some were just plain weird showing my home address.
>>
>>2104999
There isn't an official new kat, and there probably won't be in the future. If you want, go to katcr.co. That's the official revival but only in forum form.
>>
Anyone know of good supernatural romance books ive enjoyed ones such as broken wings by l-j baker and the madison wolves series aldo the bridges series by erik schubach. ive read more than these but cant think of them id love to find books similar to any of the mentioned preferably a series but I enjoy single books alot like how broken wings is.
>>
What's this zooqle thing someone here posted? Seems relatively useful for torrents.
And all those "standard" ebook pages like bookzz for the rest?

>>2104447
The go-to fantasy novels currently are probably Baru Cormorant and the two Dragonoak books.
If you want some more, maybe the When Women Were Warriors ones, they aren't too bad either. A bit peculiar maybe.
>>
>>2105081
>When Women Were Warriors
Couldn't get past the first one. Sooo boring....
>>
>>2105121
Was that the one where they condemned the...child? To death? More stupid than boring.
>>
>>2105081
read >>2099961
>>
>>2105081
Thanks for the tips, anon. I guess I gotta try and see if I find a place to download them that isn't kickass torrents then.

I dug through some old shit I've downloaded over the years, probably from this place. Anyone got opinions on The Sjöfn Academy? The cover looks really bad but I must have grabbed it for a reason...
>>
>>2105249
Part of the Chronicles of Arianthem. I actually enjoyed that one, in the sort of absurd way one enjoys a book that's about an all-female-race that's all about having sex with everyone they meet (and consider beautiful enough).

It actually has a (theoretically) interesting plot towards the end, but since the author is pre-occupied with all that school-and-sex stuff before it's never quite realized.

At least it's before the series turned rape-ish. Absurd settings for lots of sex I can forgive, "raping" people and pretending it's OK I can't.

>>2105130
Good idea, actually, but I have a few other reads to complete before that.
>>
>>2105249

Book 1 of Sjofn Academy is all sex and Dragon sex as I remember. I don't know if book 2 is any better.

>>2101226

I just finished book 2 and it was great. It seems there will be book 3, I hope it will be as good as the first 2. At least there isn't a cliffhanger.
>>
>>2105262
Huh, that sounds weird. What kind of rape are we talking? Off-screen rape, on-screen rape, het rape, lesbian rape?
>>
>>2103308
>>2103311
Man I want to read these but every time I open the link Firefox crashes on me.
>>
Can you guys help me out? I'm trying to find the name of this erotica series I read a long time ago. I don't remember much, but the premise is that the female head general of a democratic nation that got conquered by a monarchy is turned into a servant and sex slave by the Queen of said monarchy. I remember that there's a lot of the general being forced to lick the Queen's boots and service her orally.

Sorry, I know it's not a lot of information, but if anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated.
>>
>>2105275
It's the "you just won't admit that you actually like being kidnapped and spanked and tied to a bed" kind of rape. And then they all fall in love and everything is OK. So on-screen lesbian, but nobody acknowledges that anyone is doing anything wrong.

I don't know, that always pisses me off. I know that others don't mind, it's just a fantasy after all. And the degree of "force" applied varies.

But as I said, that only starts with the 3rd book in the series if I recall correctly.
>>
>>2105354
That sort of logic separates smut from a semblance of realistic morals. I prefer reading books about people who act rational or have reason to behave savagely. Just being a horny slut as a means to an end isn't interesting, particularly in romance where character emotion is the story's raison d'etre.
>>
>>2105354
> the "you just won't admit that you actually like being kidnapped and spanked and tied to a bed" kind of rape

desu I wouldn't consider that real rape.
>>
>>2105376
It's still rape, though. I don't mind rape in stories if it has consequences. But in this case, I will have to agree with >>2105354 in that is kind of infuriating.
>>
>>2105081
>What's this zooqle thing someone here posted? Seems relatively useful for torrents.
>And all those "standard" ebook pages like bookzz for the rest?

Looking around but I still haven't found a new place to get the FF books, I know most of the staffs of KAT did go over extratorrents but their FF selection is non existent.....

So I ended up reading the Soho loft trilogy yesterday and today night really like it but why everyone is blonde with blue eyes or black haired with blue eyes. All girls in New York have blue eyes or what......

Anyway, really liked it, not my usual sort of read at all, but I fell for Brooklyn (and Jessica) so I ended reading the 3 books. The second book wasn't really my liking but Brooklyn is my liking so....

After reading, how sweet is it and this from the same author, I can say she always use the same format for all of her books. She is not taking any risk for sure.
>>
Does anyone have the links for the "Beautiful Sin" saga by Heidi Lowe?
>My Beautiful Sin (Beautiful Sin Saga Book 1)
>Sinning Again (Beautiful Sin Saga Book 2)
>>
>>2101036
If I remember correctly, my issue with that series is its reliance on secondary characters. It becomes a problem for me when so many characters, like dozens, are just briefly mentioned in a sentence and then they're suddenly essential members of the cast that keep on being mentioned over and over again as if I'm supposed to know who these people are after a brief introduction mid-sentence.

The sequels get better at tying characters into events so you have an easier time remembering who the hell they are. And I overall liked the books, especially towards the end of book 2, but yeah, I just have trouble remembering names unless I'm given a reason to remember them.
>>
Anyone have Georgia peaches and other forbidden fruit or girl games mia archer please???
>>
>>2091130
lovely read thank you !
>>
>>2107320
>girl games
You can literally find this on google
>>
Anything worth reading in the free smashwords section? Anyone tried something?
>>
I started reading Ice Massacre (barely into chapter 1) and all the incongruity in the setting so far is surprisingly grating to me thus far. The basic set-up with crossbows and wooden ships scream some kinda low-tech setting as does the fact that the MC was apparently trained from childhood just to kill mermaids, but then there are modern terms like high school and report-cards and bean bags thrown out as well. If they've advanced enough technology to make bean bags why can't they make something better to kill mermaids with than fucking crossbows? What kinda society lets 'high school' and 'forced child drafting into monster hunting' coexist? Muh immersion.
>>
>>2104447
I was just reading A Date with Angel by J. Judkins again and thought you might like it. It is a comedy with a scifi setup, minimal drama and its just not like most /u/ books so it is a refreshing read. It has a sequel in the works some day in the very distant future since /u/ sequels take forever but the first book is entirely self-contained and I didn't even think it could have a sequel until I saw it mentioned on the author's page.
>>
>>2107435
Sounds interesting, thanks for the tip anon.
>>
>>2107435
Despite it getting repetitive in the middle, and the geek-factor being a bit too blunt (Skyrim, really?), I still think it's the greatest work of /u/ fiction after Baru Cormorant.

The way the writing reflects Kim's self-deception instead of what's actually going on is just brilliant.
>>
>>2107448
Honestly I liked it better at the beginning when I thought it had a crazy conspiracy theorist for the protagonist. By the middle it just got silly.
>>
>>2107453
Doesn't she stay a crazy conspiracy theorist? She keeps insisting that Angel has some hidden plans or a weird Alien-backstory, even at the very end when that scientist guy reveals ... a version of the truth.

Also, she's the only character I know who basically "seduced herself" by fooling herself into believing that her love interest was actually doing the seducing. Despite Angel basically not doing anything ever.

Oh well. Ultimately I just love the stupid humor.
“Pay no attention. Kim often doesn’t talk about my breasts. It’s one of her favorite subjects she’d rather avoid.”

I'm a bit worried about a sequel though. Not sure what we're getting there. Assuming it ever comes out (that being said the first one came out in 2015 and 2-3 years are perfectly reasonably for a decent book, so I'm not worried yet).
>>
>>2107472
Yeah, but it still ends up being supernatural/sci-fi. My expectation was that it was a completely normal situation that she's blown up into something ridiculous (even though it kind of is, for certain parts). I guess I was expecting a different plot so the book obviously couldn't live up to it. So it's like the part that interested me was the set up and then the rest was the silly (in a good way) romance.

That probably made no sense but oh well.

I agree it's worth reading though, just for being an unusual take on a romance if nothing else.
>>
>>2107504
Ah, no, I absolutely agree, that happened to me a few times, too. Heck, very recently twice - a sequel that featured new protagonists despite the blurb saying otherwise (I rarely felt so betrayed!) and a dark-fantasy novel that implied it was on the "gray zone of morality" but ended up a straight-up heroic quest. Both pretty good novels, but just not satisfying as I expected something else ...
>>
>>2107425
I'm in the same boat, although a little further in.

They have TV as well, so modern enough setting. The mermaids attack with crude weapons to destroy ships, but nobody ever thinks of making a modern metal ship. Apparently they also attack ships bringing food and aid to this island nation in poverty, but how would they even manage to do any damage? Maybe it'll be explained later...?
>>
>>2107546
I finished up now. Overall I'm kinda torn on it.

I have two main problems with this book, first being this one we discuss. I have a lot to say about it, so I'll get the other one underway first: the book was very gay in that it featured the MC in love with another girl. But it's really light on the romance. I mean, due to plot reasons, they can't even kiss until plot demands it! And worse, from how it's set up, there very well might be even less interaction between our romantic leads in the second novel, not that I have time to start it now. It didn't really fulfill my fluffy romance hopes at all.

Back to anachronistic tech, at one point they mention that people fly helicopters across which further makes me really confused at the situation. Granted the people living at the island are apparently ungodly stubborn about not moving so that's at least explained, but there should be no problem keeping them supplied through the air.

But that just glances over the real issue which is, we're supposed to believe this is a world where mermaids exist and are capable of learning languages as well as having one of their own - and humanity at large just ignore them? It's repeatedly stated that the main reason this island has trouble is because everyone else - Canada/US mostly mentioned directly - just don't give a shit. And it's not because they have their hands full with their own mermaids, we learn at the end. But even if it was - how on earth has mermaids not been researched to death and attempted communication with a gazillion times? How are hostile sapient beings allowed to exist with nary a care in the world from world governments?

Well, while I have plot complaints, the book did have good character-work, tense action-scenes and was a pretty nice, fast read. In my opinion the author is talented at writing on a putting words to the page to make pleasing sentences way. As for world-building, well...not so impressed.
>>
>>2107549
Like, as of book 1 there doesn't really even seem to be any REASON for all of this weirdness because there's been absolutely nothing gained from making it modern-tech - it's all crossbows and herbs anyway. I don't see what would be lost setting it pre-modernization except, I guess, making it less believeable that the island would send out girls for this Massacre business. But handwaving that as desperation due to skewed gender balance or just 'in this universe sexism isn't a thing' would be a lot simpler and faster to get over.
>>
>>2107549
Honestly, I was not even wondering in that much depth (the US/Canada doing research on mermaids and stuff, I mean). This is not pretending to be deep sci-fi or even remotely realistic by any means, it is very much light reading to have a good time going through it fast and easy, and enjoy the action (and eventual fluff I hope).

>>2107553
About this, and previous anon on the same point, though, totally agree. Making it pre-modern would have been way more effective, mentions to tv and the such startled the hell out of me.
>>
>>2107650

Book 2 doesn't have much fluff. But it does have a Lysi POV. The action in Ice Crypt is the Mermaid/Merman war. Ice Crypt solves some of the plot points in 1, but not all.
>>
Reading Melissa Brayden's newest (First Position). It had so much damn promise, but good god, what the fuck is up with these contrived break ups? This ain't a spoiler; all her books have them. What makes it worse is Natalie, the one that turns into a limp noodle when her girlfriend who is NOT IN AN EMOTIONALLY STABLE POSITION decides to break up with her, actually mentally calls out a guy who just rolls over for her GF's wishes. What. The. Fuck. Just keep your damn love interests together. Yes, I'm angry. Otherwise the book is engaging with fun characters and an interesting setting. I want to like it.
>>
>>2107692
This is the reason I read Kiss the Girl and immediately took everything else by that author off my reading list. Endings that ruin the reading experience make it a waste of time. I am sad she still relies on that "twist" every book. She would probably be one of my favored /u/ authors otherwise.
>>
>>2107910

The whole soho loft trilogy is basically the same setting but with different main character. But Brooklyn and Jessica were so adorable that I had to read the other two books to know what happen to them.

Book 2 was definitely the worst for me though.
>>
>>2107910
Why don't you let her know that, then?
>>
>>2093880
Seconding this, would anyone happen to have Points of Departure by Emily O'Beirne?
Been looking for it without luck
>>
>>2108015
I disliked the third. It was very bland compared to the other 2. I wish I could rewrite them all with characters having adult conversations with each other.
>>
>>2108064

Sorry, I deleted it since then, it was the ARC version.

>>2108109

The first book got the love story and the family story but I was so frustrated that the birth family happened so lightly there where no depth in it. I was waiting for more drama, more tears more something. If I were to be abandoned, raised in the system and found out that my birth parents married and got the perfect live. I would want them to try to win me over, to explain me why just why.

But she writes it so lightly, 'you are a perfect family, I hate you. Oh girls it's my sister. Mom told me' She called her mom with them solving the problem and within 2/3 month after their meeting. WTF
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.