[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New fanfic thread. Old thread here:>>2047464

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 19

File: 14627679942701.jpg (93KB, 500x702px) Image search: [Google]
14627679942701.jpg
93KB, 500x702px
New fanfic thread.

Old thread here:>>2047464
>>
I've been seeing a lot of fics from The 100. Is the show any good?
>>
>>2067428
Nope. Just watch a compilation of the Clarke/Lexa scenes. Also beware, although there are a lot of fics, there's also an inordinate amount of "girl peen".
>>
>>2067428
I only know about the show from an fanfic writer I follow and it apparently used to be pretty good until they killed off one of their lesbians in a completely anticlimactic way for no god damn reason. Which caused part of the internet to explode.

So it's shit.
>>2067558
Yeah that sort of AU has been gaining quite a bit of traction as of late. It's great if you are a fan of /d/ and /u/, but annoying otherwise.
>>
>>2067428
It's okay, kind of show you either get into or you don't. Haven't watched all of Season 3 yet (because of THAT initially but I also forgot about it and moved on to other tihngs) but I'm pretty sure Season 2 is the best. Clarke/Lexa was the big /u/ ship that gained a lot of traction throughout Season 2 and into Season 3 and was pretty popular for a lesbian ship, until the dreaded curse that befalls tv lesbians happened once again to everyone's disappointment and anger.
>>
>>2067428
it's good maybe 1/3 of the time. if you're super into the post-apoc genre, then you might enjoy it a lot.

>>2067580
>>2067666
to be fair, some of the show staff brought the meltdown on themselves by baiting their followers. poor decision. hilarious to watch tho.
>>
>>2067428
is ok but nothing special
>>
>>2067428
What >>2067558 said. The show gained a huge f/f following because it was the main romance on the show for its duration and their parts were objectively the best, lots of politics and interesting play between them essentially being the two respective leaders of their group. But the show fucked that up and then continued to fuck up into the stupidest scifi mess ever.

I didn't get into it until the good stuff was almost over, I always thought it was trash and going to end up trash but they seemed to be treating the femslash part very seriously in the latest season so I finally caved. Apparently it was only to make the surprise of the death more emotional and shocking. But then the fandom's left with a huge number of still invested fans and so the fic output doubled.

There are a lot of fics, for sure, but its popular niche seems to be futa and OOC college AU so it's a bit of a slog. There are still some really great fics, as it'd have to be with the law of percentages, but canonverse is actually fairly convoluted and it has some of the best, the characters having been so uniquely shaped by the environment, so you'd have to be familiar with that to enjoy it. AU...there are a bazillion acceptable fluff and angst stories but they do get repetitive, especially if you're not particularly a fan of the ship, just of f/f. I already owe this thread some recs, so I'll just add these to the list for the future, along with a summary of the salient parts of the show.
>>
Anyone still down for the writing prompts?
>>
>>2069235
Hell yeah. Just gotta remember that /u/ is a slow board and that writing takes its own time, so even if you get a lot of interest responses will take some time.
>>
>>2069235
I'll take prompts for:

Overwatch
LoK
ATLA
Lily Love
Renai Idenshi XX
Popular (stupid 90's show)
Mass Effect
Harry Potter

I don't take request outside my fandoms and I won't fill just any request either.
>>
>>2067428
My mom loves it.
>>
>>2069266
Uh, OK? No one is making you participate, siseph. If it's out of your comfort zone for whatever reason, well, then it's completely fine to skip the round or bend the prompt a bit and just have some fun.

>>2069235
About the prompts, would you mind providing a general example of one? Like, is it a set setting and characters, a specific situation, a philosophical concept, a visual scene or just a singular sentence etc.
>>
>>2069312
I was thinking general themes or settings I remember for example that femslash day club fic prompt being relatively successful. I think we got a few fics out of that.
>>
>>2069312
I am just making myself available, since someone asked specifically I thought I would make it clear what I write/can write for. So the thread doesn't die before we get something rolling.
I would write for any fandom if I could but sadly I'm unfamiliar with a lot of the fandoms that people here like and I think it would be rather pointless for me to write for say Vocaloid or RWBY when I have no knowledge of the source material.

I don't mind something original either.
>>
>>2069320
I was just expecting them to be general prompts in the first place.
>>
>>2069333
So, the prompts would be something like "Character A gets in a car crash and loses her memories. In the hospital, she meets character B who takes care of her". Vague things like these? sorry for the ridiculous example, that was the first thing that came to mind
>>
>>2069409
Yeah that's what I was thinking at least.
>>
Any new or good Twilight fan-fics? I'm a sucker for Bella and older woman from the families instead of Alice or Rose
>>
>>2069418
Pretty sure this one isn't that new, but I'm liking it so far. Bella ends up with Sulpicia pairingwise, despite it starting out as het. The het doesn't really go anywhere and it's more of a motivation for Bella to get away and into Sulpicia's hands. The downside(s) outside of the romance not always taking center stage, is that it's still updating occasionally so you might want to give it a few weeks or a month 'n' half after you get through it.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11787224/1/Dangerous-Lines
>>
File: 1464906386891.png (219KB, 548x407px) Image search: [Google]
1464906386891.png
219KB, 548x407px
Okay, I want to write a fanfic, but I don't want it to suck, and I'm really severe about that since I dislike most fanfics people find good. So far here's what I got:
- the scope is already limited, I know the beginning, the climax and the ending, what's in between shouldn't take more than 10K words, and in total the whole thing shouldn't exceed 40K (high estimate),
- any OC character is peripheral,
- the pairing slowly builds up and is central to the plot, hopefully providing a strong reason for their relationship instead of "let's get those together because of the subtext and because it's cute!",
- several plot points are built onto details from the source, to keep everything tightly connected to the canon,
- neither too dumb (eg. 50 shades of grey) nor too involved writing style (and I couldn't really do the later anyway).
Anything else?
>>
>>2069736
Not sure what you're trying to say here but go for it and write a fic sis
>>
>>2069736
Pretty much impossible to judge anything from that. Write it and see what you got. Pastebin-post that, if you're then still unsure.
>>
>>2069736
From my experience the first things you write will generally suck a little, you just have to do it anyway. Grow and get better, try and discern what you can from the often very limited feedback you get. The best critique is from other writers.
The best advice I can give you is not to rush through your outline, let yourself create moods and atmosphere. Feel free to go a little off tangent too because people don't just want to read a plot, they wanna read a story.
>>
>>2069736

If you're expecting 40k I bet you it comes out around 55.
>>
>>2069736

>write fic
>read fic
>evaluate if it's shit or not
>fix the shit

get an outside opinion or dedicated beta if you really want. some people like reading 5k words of extraneous fluff in between action scenes and some people won't touch anything that doesn't involve five gallons of tears. learn to emulate what you like from other stories, be it prose or plot devices. learn what rules you can break. writing is a learning process that never stops, but at some point you either get it or you don't.

>but I don't want it to suck, and I'm really severe about that since I dislike most fanfics people find good.
you'll never appeal to everyone, so you might as well appeal to yourself. there are plenty of fics that are garbage from a technical standpoint, but still have strong followings.

fwiw, i like your list. but remember that someone could break every rule on it, and make a fic that would find an audience. "good" in terms of fanfic is a moving target. and there ain't any literary prizes that i know of for them either. generally writing and finishing the damn thing tends to be the biggest hurdle. /u/ also varies widely in the types of fics it likes.
>>
File: 24991842_big_p6.jpg (223KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
24991842_big_p6.jpg
223KB, 512x512px
Akar published something (on that account) for the first time in forever.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11981242/1/
>>
>want to write a firefighter AU
>have no decent plot idea

Anyone cares to help? Anything I can come up with is boring.
>>
>>2070098
>firefighter lady saves from a fire the dog of another lady

Or if you want weird:
>pyromaniac lady is infatuated with the firefighter chief lady and sets fires to get a glimpse of her in action
>>
>>2070116
Not the anon you replied to, but that "weird" idea is pretty funny. I like it.
>>
>>2070118
It ends with pyromaniac lady getting locked up and firefighter lady resenting her.
>>
>>2070119
That sounds kinda hot.
>>
>>2070098
I don't know if this is more involved than what you're looking for, but you could delve into firefighter culture and the stress of being a firefighter's partner.

Female firefighters are decidedly rare, so that character will either have to be "water off a duck's back" kind of indifferent to slights or issues that come of her being in the small minority (and likely the only female firefighter in her unit) or touchy and aggressive in response to being questioned. She may overcompensate by being incredibly feminine when not working or she may try to act like "one of the guys" everywhere because she's learned how to live and work within that culture.

If her partner comes from a female-dominated sector like, say, nursing, then while she can understand a stressful job, she might struggle to see her partner's interactions with her coworkers as enjoyable instead of demeaning, especially if it involves a lot of jokes about her being weaker, smaller, or a detriment to the crew. Getting angry for someone else's sake is tricky because it can easily be directed at the victim instead of the aggressors since you might not be able to go after the aggressors, so it can cause tension.

Add to that the partner's constant worry about her and you've got the making of a story where everyone has good intentions towards one another but the situations and culture clashes result in emotions flying as the partner has a hard time accepting the firefighter's job and what that means for the both of them. If you do decide to make the partner a nurse, you could have the firefighter severely injured in the climax and have her partner be one of the nurses helping to save her life, forcing her to focus on her work in the face of a terrifying situation. Bonus points if the firefighter is a native and the nurse is decidedly not, since she's always had a fear of treating someone she knew, whereas the firefighter takes strength and courage from defending her home.
>>
>>2069471
That was a fun read, have anymore with the same idea? Bella and the older vampires?
>>
>>2070116
Thank you! I have thought of both, but the first one is only enough plot for a fluffy romantic or PWP one-shot, I'm not too keen about a firefighter x arsonist romance.

>>2070176
Thank you, that is an interesting point. Even though I wouldn't want to write the entire plot about the interpersonal struggles of a female firefighter, it would definitely be a good element to include (a.k.a. the sexism at workplace).

I'm looking for a more action, adventure, mystery, or crime story. But unlike cop, firefighter AU is so hard to think of a cool plot.
>>
>>2070203
Maybe make the firefighter lady a suspect or a witness in some case, that way you can include her past calls via flashbacks while she testifies.
>>
>>2070206
To add, it's not uncommon for arsonists to want to be firefighters on account of how it gives them the chance to play hero, and that's something that departments are aware of and try to screen for, but the process is imperfect.

If the love interest is a reporter who's following the work of an arsonist, then that necessarily forces her to be interacting with the firefighters a bunch, asking them if there's anything suspicious. I could see the firefighter being initially open in her discussions with the reporter, followed by hostility when the reporter asks about the possibility of the firebug being from the department, since firefighters have to be tight knit in order to function well as a team.

Perhaps you could have the two of them at odds because the firefighter wants to protect her team from rampant accusations while the reporter wants to get to the truth. You could have things cool off when the reporter is tasked with also writing a special piece on its sole female member. The reporter protests because she has suspicions but in the end professionalism wins out...for all of a few weeks, before her interviews with the female firefighter become a bit too personal. At the same time she's realizing her feelings are getting in the way of her work, the arsonist strikes again, this time hitting a building that had people inside at the time (everything before had been abandoned, not homes, or empty) and the stakes are higher. The reporter feels like she's being torn between her feelings and her desire to seek the truth while the firefighter is torn between wanting to be at home in her own department while at the same time realizing just how likely it is that someone in there is rotten.

If you don't want to go down the route of making it too personal a betrayal, you could make the arsonist be one of the children or relatives of a firefighter in the department: not someone part of the team but who has enough connections and knowledge to do serious harm.
>>
How do you write something without making yourself cringe? Even as an obvious parody, I'd like it to be compelling with some substance and make it an interesting read, but not so seriously done that it ends up poisoned and plagued with bad writing.
>>
>>2070214
You don't. You will always cringe. What happens is that you get better and faster at straightening your shoulders and moving on.

Even the masters hated themselves and their works.
>>
>>2070214

Accept that not only will it always happen, the second you write something, someone will always call it shit.
>>
>>2070213
>>2070206
Firefighter x reporter involving a mysterious serial arsonist is a great plot. Thank you so much for this!
>>
>>2070548
No problem, anon. Feel free to come back if you want to hash out more ideas or get some advice/criticism. Good luck!
>>
>>2070214
Just write for yourself, anon. Write what you want to read and take positive feedback or constructive criticism for methods to make your writing better.
>>
>>2070851
Bullshit, anon.
>>
>>2070851
/r/-ing /u/ onee-sama teaching /pol/-chan about the lesbian agenda.
>>
>>2059055
Can you upload yours, anon?
>>
>>2070851
And /pol/tards keep being more retarded than the worst tumblerinas. Sigh.
>>
>>2070851
Your mom's too unrealistic.
>>
Didn't someone say they wanted prompts/exercise ideas?

We should do those. But instead of full stories, just a scene or something and people can evaluate/critique.
>>
>>2070914
Prompt:

Someone cocky and confident brought low by an unexpected source.
>>
>>2070925
I'm down for this.
>>
>>2067419
So i didnt see a draw request thread, and this idea i have is, i guess a fanfic idea. I was wondering if someone could take the time to creat a short comic. Its an overwatch thing, because overwatch is setting up to creat some nice yuri content. Anyways, im sure were all familiar with hanzos arrow that shows enemies and such, well it goes as this. Setting is probably hanamura, it worked itself out in my head. And so hanzo is doing his usual thing of checking enemies before the doors open, but what he sees are two (obviously female, your choice) silhouettes doing lewd things. And so hes got this confused but intrigued face and hes making mad shots trying to watch this but unbeknownst to him the game has started, but he doesnt care hes busy watching this beautiful act between lovers, but what this? Tracer notices him, sticks a bomb on his back and runs off. But shes now curious as to what had his attention and goes towards where the arrows where shot. She sees this and somehow works her way into the act. Everything else, in between, who the characters are, their reaction to being caught by tracer and how she manage to squeeze herself into that love meat sandwich is up for grab. So yeah, maybe somebody can turn my idea into visual art.
>>
Apparently Genki retired from writing fanfiction. Damn...
>>
>>2071389
>>2042811
Drawthread, for future reference.

>>2070925
Anyone else doing this? Though most the fandoms I was considering writing for this was already a huge plot point.
>>
>>2071758
Thinking about it but I'm not sure.
>>
I just found an old .doc, in which I seem to have saved a story

http://pastebin.com/4FPUrsyp (this is a small part of it)

Doesn't seem to be finished, does seem to have been a CYOA? Maybe?
Is there a possibility this ever got finished? Ever will be finished? Google leads me to "Anon-kun" text paste site...thing. But there's even less of this.
>>
>>2071758
>Anyone else doing this?
I'm afraid that the current prompt sits right in the uncomfortable zone between the unshackled freedom of a more vague one, say 'pride cometh', and the interesting rails of a more specific one, say 'My parents had raised me to always to do right thing and I felt that I had managed to live up to that. Of that I was rightly proud. But how could I ever be proud of hurting her?'

This is like just my opinion upon reading the prompt. Completely subjective. Gonna wait and read what others have written and maybe the the next one will click more.
>>
>>2071845
This post made my eyes bleed.
>>
>>2071965
Why? Seems benign enough to me.
>>
>>2071842
It's from http://anonkun.com/yuri/seaborne-sky/FqFPjxsBDXmMGcA8E/home

Sadly it seems unlikely to finish up, though it got pretty near the end. The author shows up from time to time to insist they're gonna finish it eventually, but it's been almost two years since the last update and three years since it updated with any kind of regularity.
>>
>>2073133
That's too bad. Thank you. That one you posted is a good deal more than I have, but if it's not finished....

It was really fun in the beginning.
>>
>>2073502
No problem, anon. It's a pity indeed since I liked the story quite a lot too.

There's several other /u/ stories on the site as well if you want a recommendation, or just to look around yourself.
>>
>>2073133
Oh shit I was literally looking for this site yesterday and couldn't remember for the life of me what it was called. Thanks onee-sama.
>>
Anyone know any Yuri set in the Assassins Creed universe? Preferably on the longer side. I suppose it doesn't actually have to be Yuri as long as it's from a Female PoV. Of course Yuri is preferred but anything from a female PoV is welcome
>>
File: 1462074138880.jpg (176KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1462074138880.jpg
176KB, 500x500px
I was here reading some fic and the author refered to a female character as "him". I thought it was a typo, I've seen this particular typo quite a few times...but nope, suddenly genderbend, and there wasn't any warning in the summary. What the hell.
>>
>>2074286
If it's the story I just read, then the tags of the couple and their daughter was enough to know it was a sequel to a previous story from the same author.

I mean, why would a story start with the 2 characters married? Because it happened in that previous story. And yes, that other character was genderbended already in the prequel.
>>
>>2074327
I think it is the same story you read. Why did I check it out? Because I'm thirsty for fanfics and this one was one of the 0.01% of the fanfics that doesn't have an OC/Gary Stu in the summary. I guess it is a high possibility it was a sequel, but sometimes you don't need to read the prequel to understand something and I hadn't imagined the prequel already had the genderbend. I wish we could block authors in fanfiction.net, it would save me from seeing abominations in the future.

I wish for this since I was a fangrai shipper and there were 2 authors who only posted futa , I've always wanted to block them to save my sanity.
>>
>>2074351
Well, if it's the same author I read, then I recommend you the prequel, I mean, the character genderbended is pretty much the same regardless of the gender, so I wouldn't call it an "abomination", and you still get the backstory of how the other 2 girls got married.
>>
>>2074361
Sorry, but I hate genderbend, I won't be able to read it.
>>
>>2074394
You barely notice the gender is different, and it's really cute. It also has tons of female only side couples.

If you survived this one-shot, you can survive the prequel.
>>
>>2074398
ctrl-h -> replace 'him' with 'her'
>>
File: 20101010.jpg (131KB, 604x850px) Image search: [Google]
20101010.jpg
131KB, 604x850px
One anon was asking about Tsuyazakura Kouyuki fics. I posted a link to all of them last thread. Never got a response back so I'm assuming he might not have seen it cause I responded back to him nearly 3 weeks later. I was gonna repost the fics at the beginning of this thread but I decided to do something else instead:

I've taken the liberty of fixing all of Tsuyazakura Kouyuki and Ange Sinistre's fics and instead of having to switch between text files for each chapter I've compiled all of them into singular files and cleaned up the formating errors from the archiving and converted all of them to ODT, EPUB, and PDF file types.

One of them has a cover image cause I did that one years ago for my own personal reading. Rest you can just add cover images yourself. Also they all now have table of contents for each chapter for reading devices. Tell me if you have any problems.

Anyway here's a link to all the fixed fics:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/vk8cs8tfttj2yq8/Ange+Sinistre+and+Tsuyazakura+Fan+Fics.rar

There are 6 fics in total here. Antipode and The Kyoto Hunt from Ange Sinistre (Mai HiME Shiznat fics). Priestesses Unchained, Lovers Eternal, The Little Mermaid, and My Sister and I from Tsuyazakura (Kannazuki no Miko fics).

Also have a rare Shiznat.
>>
>>2074706
not that anon. thanks
>>
File: 345345.jpg (689KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
345345.jpg
689KB, 1280x720px
If The Proposal by Blade of Justice had had smut, it would have been glorious. This is my favorite kind of smut: the character get closer to each other, there is build up, there is teasing and sexual tension and then...they do it. You can see they love each other so much, so the sex scene is just wonderful.
>>
File: lewd_creatures.jpg (652KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lewd_creatures.jpg
652KB, 1920x1080px
How to write an orgasm? What makes a good one on paper? I usually focus more on what happens before and after and add a short paragraph almost as an afterthought.
>>
>>2075228
Focus on what the characters feel psychically, but don't go full retard with flower metaphors.
Make it about the characters' connection.
That's what I like to read anyway.
>>
>>2075228
I don't know, but as a reader I hate it when people write "I'm cumming!". I don't think people in real life always announce when they are cumming like that.
>>
>>2075236
People tend to emulate the porn they watch so yes they will actually say "I'm cumming."

It's become a fetish.
>>
>>2075236
Im sure you'll find a couple of people who announce to like that out of the billions of people on this planet
>>
File: 1445075075364.png (781KB, 1116x903px) Image search: [Google]
1445075075364.png
781KB, 1116x903px
I wrote some smut because no one else would.
http://archiveofourown.org/works/7247077/chapters/16453828
>>
>>2075433
Naisu, poor Rin. When will she just realize why she goes after the drills? Hopefully Miyu isn't around during their little trysts.
>>
>>2075341
>>2075356
It sounds silly as fuck though.
>>
>>2075452
It is, especially using all caps to emulate shouting or screaming that they are.
>>
File: 1463444190651.jpg (809KB, 1300x1244px) Image search: [Google]
1463444190651.jpg
809KB, 1300x1244px
Anyone know anything in the same vein of Princess Alexandria's Not Myself, and the subsequent stuff afterword? I found it an oddly appealing read.
>>
>>2075433
Very nice. Thought about writing a story about this myself.
>>
>>2075482
Please do. I have a third one which is longer and a bit heavier on drama in the works but that doesn't stop me from wanting to see more.
>>
>>2075454
Besides, I don't think there is need for the character to announce they are cumming, the narrator/author can do that instead. And yeah, I hate all caps and overuse of "!".

My god, a couple of days ago I read a fanfic at wattpad and it made fanfiction.net look like Heaven.
>>
>>2075433
Doing the goddess's work, anon!
>>
>>2075236
The term "cum" pusses me off.
>>
>>2075433
Holy shit, thank you so much.
>>
>>2075476
That's kind of broad. Are you looking for more fics where the main character is an OC? Or do you mean dimension-hopping fics, or "transported to a fictional universe" fics?
And more importantly, did you read 500 Miles yet? She wrote it as a sequel to Not Myself, and she has the other fic where Christy ends up in various other fictional universes.
>>
>>2075621
Is "come" fine? Although I always though it was just a misspell of "cum".
>>
>>2075635
"Come" is fine. "Cum" makes me rage.
>>
>>2075643
But that's the wrong instance.
>>
>>2075670

You should have realized by now what that anon's problem is
>>
>>2075633
Yeah, I read most of her stuff and enjoyed all of it. I think other dimension-hopping or transported to a fictional universe fics might fit the bill, although I think I probably just really really liked her writing and am looking for something to fill the hole.
>>
>>2075670
I don't know of any other word in the English language we decided to just fucking misspell to make it lewder. They aren't: dik, coont, bewbs, bawls, so "cum" just looks like a preteen giggling idiot wrote something to be lewd. But I've wasted enough thread on this.
>>
>check email
>someone favorited and started following a story I only wrote one chapter for back in 2011

I'm sorry
>>
>>2076024
I still get a few faves a year for a fic I started over 10 years ago and never finished. It was name-dropped in a (non-fanfic-gen) thread here once. I won't say which one, just that it's very surreal when people read or remember your old-as-fuck fics.
>>
>>2075228
Literally just state they orgasmed. If it takes you more than one sentence, possibly with a comma separating two slightly longer phrases, you're doing it wrong. No need to try to make your readers climax too from the sheer force of your descriptions; it won't work and it's gauche.
>>
>>2076514
Aren't detailed sex scenes by themselves gauche?
>>
>>2076514
My readers must come uncontrollably after reading my sex scenes otherwise I failed
>>
F U C K
Left a story someone linked on this board a few days ago in a tab and it died on me half an hour ago.
>>
>>2076514

Ah a fellow student of Cormac McCarthy's Yuri Fanfic Masterclass
>>
>>2076546
I wonder if google cache can find it. I managed to find a deleted fic from wattpat with the google cache once. But the fic was awful, so I'm not very proud.
>>
>>2076530
Arguably, but assuming you accept descriptive -- not necessarily "detailed" -- sex scenes in the first place, it's important to understand the focus should be on the characters interacting with each other and not on gynecology or their orgasms. Sex is coupling. There should be a couple involved in your sex scenes, not two hot female bodies (as written by trashy writers who describe each detail and constantly remind us of the fact there are nipples and boobs and how good each piece of flesh is feeling), and not two entities of flowering prose that abstract away the coupling behind overwrought purple walls of text (as written by authors out of their depth who might do okay with normal prose but panic when it comes to a sex scene and just lose their minds).

And yeah, probably you can avoid all of that by opting not to write a descriptive sex scene at all. Some people should take that option. But there are ways to do it right and there are a few good mindset rules of thumb to stick to that will help you not come across like a moron.
>>
Talking about sex scenes, I have a problem when people depict that a girl's nipples got hard because she is aroused. I'm a girl myself and I don't think that happens, or at least I don't notice. And then the other girl will comment on the other girls hardened nipples, saying that she is this aroused already, that she is a naughty girl or whatever.
>>
>>2076723
Really? I'm a girl too and that definitely happens. Maybe it's a girl by girl basis.
>>
>>2076723
>"You're so wet already!"
I don't think I've seen a sex scene without a variation of this.
>>
>>2076723
It's a hentai trope ported over to fanfiction in lieu of being imaginative on one's own, as with >>2076746. Both are real things that happen but you're right that their ubiquity in sex scenes is tiring.
>>
>>2076723
My nipples aren't even sensitive so I get so bored by the ubiquity of girls being reduced to a puddle by them in everything porny.
>>
>>2076847
But I mean, you can't tell a woman is horny just because her nipples are hard, sometimes they harden because of cold weather.
>>
>>2076856
Sometimes people blush in cold weather, that doesn't mean you can't tell when someone is embarrassed!
>>
I never got into this Vocaloid thing, so I'm curious: what do you guys like about it? Specially when it comes to fanfic, since the characters don't have set-in-stone personalities, doesn't it feel weird to read fanfics in which they behave 100% differently than in other fics?
>>
>>2078285
Nope, it's totally fine. Personally I really like how the characters look. There's also a bunch of fanon personalities for the characters that people usually conform to - for example, Luka is usually cool-headed and mature, Miku's personality ranges a lot more but she's generally more immature than Luka, as well as naive.
>>
>>2078285
There might not be canon personalities but I think there are certain expectations that the general fandom has for the characters, depending on the scenario.
>>
>>2069266
>Renai Idenshi XX
more on this, plz
>>
Obvious yet virulently unheeded writing tip of the day: The only times CAPS LOCK is permissible in your writing is acronyms.
>>
>>2078337
I'm writing something but seeing as there is no prompt here I don't know how it will turn out. Will see I guess?
>>
>>2078878

This is the prompt: >>2070925
>>
>>2078846
What if you just use shift?
>>
>>2078883
Righto.
>>
>>2078906
So THAT'S how all those writers are getting around that restriction.
>>
>Ask for femslash recs now on other sites
>Just get back futa links
>Ask for yuri/lesbian fics
>Just more links to futa
I never asked for this, they really need to separate these. I blame AO3 for this
>>
>>2080201
It's hard to believe, but I think 4chan is one of the best sites when it comes to yuri nowadays.

Have you tried asking for recs while adding "no futa"? Btw I'm not familiar with AO3, do they put futa under femslash?
>>
>>2075433

I also got something. It's not explicitly smut, but it is about the best Yuri couple in Fate.
>>
>>2080222
Pretty much anywhere now Futa will ALWAYS be under the tags Femslash, Lesbian, Yuri, Girls Only

Hell, we usually get a Futa poster in one of the many threads here on /u/ thinking it's ok to post futa here. I know it shouldn't bother me but it's annoying, I honestly don't consider Futa to be under the category of yuri but people here and other places say it's just a living dildo and or but lesbians always use dildos.

It infuriates me.
>>
>>2080253
Let it be known that you are not alone, I completely hate futa. I don't consider it yuri either, it's just as bad as genderbending the girl into a boy. If I liked dicks I would not be into yuri in the first place, I'd just read/watch hetero or yaoi.

Should we create the tag "vaginas only"?
>>
>>2080256
At this point you might have to. Fanfiction doesn't have a F/F, Femslash, Yuri tags but whenever you go for female pairings tthere's always g!penis or futa. Ao3 is horrible for this too.

You put in all the regular tags you and me know and the majority of stories are ALL futa or g!penis. It's horrible and I feel like this is just the start of it.
>>
>>2080256
>>2080259
You anons are kind of overemphasizing how big of an issue it is. It largely depends on the fandom, though you can blame the abo thing on Ao3/tumbleh for it being slightly more prevalent there.
>>
>>2080259
I don't like AO3's tag system. Its nice that is it "customizable", but then people write the characters' names or ship names very differently (specially if the localization changed the character's name for whatever reason. Cheap example: Makino Ruki -> Rika Nonaka), making it harder to find stuff. Or people just use the tag section to spam useless comments. Besides, one good thing about fanfiction.net is that it has a separated page for crossovers.
>>
>>2080201
>I blame AO3 for this

I've searched a lot of yuri on AO3. And have yet to find a futa fic. Especially one that isn't declared as such.
>>
>>2080267
It's being manually coalesced by volunteers. So two tags of different meaning will yield same results.
Your example is wrong: http://archiveofourown.org/tags/Makino%20Ruki%20%7C%20Rika%20Nonaka
Look under "tags with the same meaning".
>>
File: yuriack.jpg (10KB, 236x324px) Image search: [Google]
yuriack.jpg
10KB, 236x324px
>>2080201
I feel you. And when you speak up you're either being "called out" for "insensitivity", called an idiot, or bullied out by a gang of angry dickgirls.
Though it's your fault a little for asking on sites for wankers.
>>2080261
>abo thing
Is that that thing people write when they're in too deep? Always thought it was retarded.
>>
>>2080267
The system mostly recognizes alternate spellings of pairings and characters as synonyms.
>>
>>2080222
Which is pretty saddening, as this place is a cesspool.
>>2080253
>Pretty much anywhere now Futa will ALWAYS be under the tags Femslash, Lesbian, Yuri, Girls Only
I blame 4chan, actually.
>>
>>2081035
>I blame 4chan, actually.
Blaming boorus and their ilk actually wouldn't be too far off because of the way they tag futas.
>>2080373
>Is that that thing people write when they're in too deep?
Yeah, though in theory it could be reasonable but it's never used for such a thing. Largely for pwp.
>>
>>2081044
I've read a couple of purely female mostly plot driven abo fics, but for some bizarre reason they were all rpf, which is only interesting if you're into those exact celebrities.
>>
>>2081044
>Blaming boorus and their ilk actually wouldn't be too far off because of the way they tag futas.
No, see, I thought that too. But then you take a look at the state of this place and see the idiocy that's perpetuated constantly. Even if the practice started on boorus, 4chan has greater reach and contributes more to this lunacy.
Also, who do you think uses boorus - normies?
>>
>>2075433

There's been a story of this floating around /a/ recently.
>>
>>2081062
So why are you reading the comments? There's almost nothing worthwhile there.
Also yes, I can see normalfags using boorus.
>>
>>2081076
>So why are you reading the comments? There's almost nothing worthwhile there.
>implying I visit boorus
You misunderstand. State of this place - 4chan.
>>
>>2081060
Sorry, what does abo mean?
>>
>>2081089

Racist term for Aboriginal, if you come from Australia.
>>
>>2081089
Alpha, beta, & omega. It's something from tumbleh and since Ao3 is tumbleh as FFn, it's seen there.
>>
>>2081089
Artificial Body Odor.
>>
>>2081092
Oh, I see. I've seen people talking about this thing, but fortunately (I guess) I have never came across this type of story. What is it again? Some dominance/submission, sexual stereotype thing?
>>
>>2081101
Basically bdsm werewolf futas.
>>
>>2081110
There's really nothing else to it?
>>
>>2081115
Depends on the author. But mostly bdsm werewolf futas.
>>
>>2081121
To the best of my understanding, it comes from retarded yaoi prompts where men knot each other, but because animalistic behavior is hot somehow, some of them are submissive, some are not, and I have no fucking idea what the third group is.
>>
>>2081110
Oh my God. So, these people skimmed through the wikipedia article about wolves and then wrote a story about it.

There are theories that this whole alpha/beta thing is bullshit, as wild wolves are usually a family (father, mother and kids), not some kinky thing.
>>
>>2081132
>>2081128
The teen wolf fandom might also have a hand in its popularity.
>>
>>2081132
It's complete cancer. Apparently also know as dogfuck rapeworld, so maybe they also skimmed the article about dogs.
I have never seen dogs raping each other.
>>
>>2081141

I've seen dogs humping each other all the fucking time. It's a sign of dominance. It isn't actual rape though, no dick goes in.
>>
Protip: don't talk about off-topic cancer. Thanks.

>>2070925
Is anyone actually writing something for this? I'm down to get started but it's more fun if a couple other people at least are going to deliver.

In the mean time I'm writing a clone sex fic.
>>
>>2074706
aw man, it's been so long since I've checked these out! I remember liking them a lot back in the day. thanks!
>>
>>2081243
I'm writing something for it, I'm just a slow writer usually.
>>
Finally got around to reading this Madoka/Persona crossover. Better than I expected.
http://archiveofourown.org/works/1552223?view_full_work=true
>>
I'm mad at customs taxes getting worse since Trudeau came into power. I'm thinking I'm going to write some cavity search Negitoro smut to channel my rage.
>>
>>2081867

Yes, that seems like the appropriate response.

Also be sure to include a shocker at the end like where one party ends up actually suing the other for the sexual harassment she secretly enjoyed, with the end goal of putting the her alleged attacker out of employment and picking her up in the streets with a limo.
>>
>>2080339
Once Upon a Time has a shit ton of magic dick fics (basically any series with magic or sciency shit is going to have magic dicks somewhere). The 100, as mentioned above is inundated with "omegaverse" fics, and there are a surprising number of them in the Korra fandom as well. I've even seen SVU fics with omegaverse...it's become a thing.
>>
>>2081896
Why is it called omegaverse. What does the word omega have to do with dicks and other weird shit
>>
>>2081896
Bullshit aside, it actually feels like The 100 has more dickgirl fics than Once Upon a Time...thou maybe is because i like Ruby/anything female instead of Swan Queen...
>>
>>2081544
>Another Place, Another Time
>tfw no Madoka/Streets of Fire fic...
>>
How the fuck did we get back onto talking about omegaverse again? I swear this shit was explained a couple threads ago.. So everyone can shut up with the questions, have a decent primer on the subject. It's not scripture, as most authors tweak the AU to their liking, but the gist of it is the same.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/403644/chapters/665489

Yes it's weird, no it's not very /u/, so can we shut the fuck up about it?
>>
>>2081932
>Words: 9689
>Chapters: 5/5
>>
>>2081971
Just read the first 2 chapters.
>>
>>2081976
Kek, no thanks, but just seemed funny someone would write something so comprehensive.
>>
>>2081979
It's a pretty big and complicated AU, having something that explains the basics that people can branch off of is sensible.

Also it's only 9k words.
>>
>>2081982
I could read two short modern AU oneshots instead, onee sama.
>>
>>2081985
Then do that if you want to. I just posted that shit so people would stop sperging out about omegaverse for at least the rest of the thread.
>>
>>2081867
>>2081884
Fund it.
>>
>>2081921
alpha/beta/omega are the sexes or representations, so they call it omegaverse because it often centres around an Omega.
>>
What fanfic you wish it existed? Like, what pairing, what's the general plot?
>>
Any good Yuri Familiar of Zero fics? Dont mind crossovers.
>>
>>2083213
Misuzu x Carol fics
A shame the strip don't have enough of a fandom for it.
>>
>>2081925
>>2081925
You know, I might have to branch out. Every other non-AU SwanQueen fic has one of the two "cursing" the other with a penis at some point. Any recs on some good Ruby fics?
>>
>>2083213
I really want a Ia/Yukari Vocaloid AU fanfic with the following concept:

A one-shot of them wandering through an old amusement park by the sea at sunset, in the last days of August. It's a little sad, maybe because they're both graduating and moving away, or maybe it's because they met up together after a while of not seeing each other.

Anyways, they're wandering through this amusement park together, and they're slowly realizing that they're in love with each other as the hours go by. Just something sweet, innocent, sincere, and tinged with melancholy.

Too bad I'm the only person left who ships Ia/Yukari...
>>
>>2083213
I want more Blanc/Vert from Neptunia, but we mostly get Neptunia/Noire or self-insert shit
>>
>>2083213
One where people talk about their problems and resolve them in a reasonable manner. I wish some writers would tone the fuck down on the melodrama. I sometimes get some nice ideas about what I'd like to read, but I never remember them.
But my long-standing desire is to have more goddess/mortal fluffy romances. To make it unexpected, maybe have the mortal be the pursuer - seducing a goddess, now that would be a tale for the ages.
Or anything supernatural, with elves and fairies and guardians of the forests and shit.
>>
>>2083373
Yeah, I'd really like to see more adventure-type fics where the conflict doesn't just arise from the relationship between the protagonists. Unfortunately that sort of thing takes a lot of work.

>But my long-standing desire is to have more goddess/mortal fluffy romances. To make it unexpected, maybe have the mortal be the pursuer - seducing a goddess, now that would be a tale for the ages.
https://gigidigi.itch.io/lady
>>
>>2083241
Any preferences for pairing, subject matter, length, etc?

>>2083373
>But my long-standing desire is to have more goddess/mortal fluffy romances.

read a homestuck fic that was in this vein, can link if you want.
>>
>>2083378
>https://gigidigi.itch.io/lady
>fluffy
I know about that one, it was pretty good, but ultimately not what I'm looking for. Some themes also creeped me the fuck out.
>>2083385
Sure, link me.

Another thing I remembered - librarians. The world needs more librarians, dragging innocent, clueless, but extremely curious schoolgirls between the bookshelves.
>>
>>2075433

As it happens, I have a copy of >>2081068 which I saw on /tg/ of all places. Unlike the other story, this one is very light on smut, but I think has the best scenario of the two of them that I've read, and the most logical way they could end up together. At least, that's my opinion. Plus this would make a great basis for a doujin.

http://pastebin.com/uQzbAxJ8
>>
>>2083399
I like it, but I think it should be longer to account for development. It's jumps around a bit too much as it is.
>>
>>2083378
>adventure-type fics where the conflict doesn't just arise from the relationship between the protagonists
Lesbian Indiana Jones never.
>>
>>2083221
How good are you with slow builds? One of my current favorite fics is looking like yuri is gonna be endgame, but it's currently at Louise being stuck in the closet and her attraction being one sided. Also it does take a while to even get to that as the love interest doesn't show up for 32 chapters.
>>
>>2083213
Something with action, where there are consequences on the line and you can't just fuck up and walk away.

But at the same time, I don't want entire paragraphs detailing a fight scene. Just enough to establish what needs to be established, like characters and history.
>>
>>2083796
http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2952052/1/The_Song_of_Itzamna
>>
>>2083392
http://archiveofourown.org/works/3087722/chapters/6692165

forgot it was in 2nd person, something that happened a lot with HS fic. ending is also kinda sad but i thought it was an enjoyable read.
>>
>>2083820
I wonder why people write in 2nd person. Is it because, since it's a lesbian couple, they lose track of all the "she"s and "her"s, so they decide to use the "you" pronouns for one of them? Although writing it in 1st person would have the same effect and it would be less awkward.
>>
>>2083385
No particular preference. If it's well-written, I can usually appreciate it. I prefer completed fics with longer chapters. One-shots are okay, but they have to be of substantial length.
>>
>>2083825
Speaking as somebody who's written some stuff in it, I use it as an alternative to first person, especially in stories where lots of description-heavy stuff will be happening, or I don't have any real setup for why the character would be telling this story to somebody.

On the description-heavy part, first person just annoys me a bit sometimes. "I was pelted with white-hot droplets of molten lead, like rain from a dying star, and..." and meanwhile I'm sitting there screaming, "NOBODY TALKS LIKE THAT," at the book.
>>
File: 51350496_p0.jpg (2MB, 1556x2200px) Image search: [Google]
51350496_p0.jpg
2MB, 1556x2200px
>>2083213
I've thought about a Sengoku-era Hibike story inspired by this art a few times.
>>
>>2083554
thats a good chunk of the reboot tomb raider fics. they cant all be bad
>>
>>2083843
>https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10607118/1/Queen-Of-Tides
This is Elsa/Ruby with some SwanQueen, and its pretty nice.
I wish there was more Elsa content in the OuaT setting...she was sooooo gay in the show.

>https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11923584/1/Kansas-and-Wolfie
This is not 100% on point with the lenguage but its cute and is about the canon ship of the show.

The are a lot of Ruby/Regina and Ruby/Belle of course.
I remember a pretty good one called The Beauty of Nottingham and the Beast of Sherwood but i think the author took it down.
>>
>>2083915
Haven't seen much Indiana Jones'ing in the fics, just character drama.

I don't count the rewrite of the first first TR game, because that's dumb.
>>
>>2083825
i think it was particularly prevalent in HS because of how the comic is written.

>>2083872
yeah, i usually prefer it to first person. weird 1st person like that can work in favor of characterization, but i think it's hard to make it feel like a "voice".

>>2083843
Haven't read RWBY in a while so i am probably behind in recent fics. an anon is working on compiling a new fic pastebin here: http://pastebin.com/7PfNUaCG

the Innocence/Vengeance/Repentance trilogy is lauded a lot in the threads but i haven't been able to get through it. WR tends to not be my jam though.

these are some authors I like:
https://archiveofourown.org/users/CourierNinetyTwo/pseuds/CourierNinetyTwo/works?fandom_id=767851 (I don't remember any dicks but the mafia AU has blake as a them iirc)
http://archiveofourown.org/users/rwbyfics/pseuds/rwbyfics/works?fandom_id=767851
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Xekstrin/works?fandom_id=767851 (warning for dickblake in at least one fic, i think they're tagged with nonbinary or the category will be "other")
http://archiveofourown.org/users/QuickYoke/works?fandom_id=767851

and one fic. i haven't read RWBY in a while so i'm behind. i haven't actually read this but i've liked the authors other work.
http://archiveofourown.org/works/5127026/chapters/11796503
>>
>>2084038
>>2083843

HA SHIT i misread your initial comment. sorry for all the RWBY recs.
>>
>>2083399
Aw, the drunk trope...fucking annoying. Especially because the rest is good. Goddammit.
>>
>>2083915
But aren't they all deep angst?
>>
>>2084061

To be fair, given the deeply routed Tsun nature of both of them and the fact that neither would ever be willing to make the first move, they'd need to be drunk that first time.
>>
>>2084093
Eh. Exhausting hate-sex would've been much better, in my opinion. They're the type to fuck each other unconscious.
Awareness at the time is much nicer than can't remember. Personally, I hate it.
>>
>suddenly having ideas and the urge to write only when you're busy with something else

This must be a curse
>>
>>2085063
Or you're procrastinating. "Busy" is a wide spectrum, especially that which might be excuses.
I know from experience.
>>
>>2085065

I'd consider being at work or about to head out "busy"
>>
I know The 100's fics can be overwhelming af, especially with the number of futa, but there's a pretty comprehensive listing of non-g!p fics sorted by category here: http://heartthrob-lexa.tumblr.com/rec-list
For the AU stuff, you may as well just go in pretending it's an original fic, you hardly need know anything about canon.
And some fics I'll mention since even that list can ALSO be overwhelming.
This isn't entirely my strong recommendation, it's very OOC (which if you're not familiar with the plot, you shouldn't mind, and I didn't mind even though I adore canon characterization) and I think it kind of jumps around in plot progress and motivation, but it's super popular, just a college roommates AU with some smut that people really liked, it's at 9k kudos, it's complete, what more to ask: http://archiveofourown.org/works/6894961/chapters/15731620

The smut in this one (in chapter 3) is...probably what some of you are thinking of when you ask how to write smut without it being just awkward euphemisms. It's not complete but it's about at good a place for closure as it'll probably get, boarding school AU: http://archiveofourown.org/works/3961090/chapters/8883142

This isn't yet complete, but the writing is so refreshing and hilarious and mild but still genuine, I'm going to tack it on too: http://archiveofourown.org/works/6991291/chapters/15931504
>>
>>2084039
Ha, it's alright. I ping all over the place to different fandoms, some of which I know nothing about before reading fics for. Thanks for the recs, I'll check them out!
>>
>>2083569
Is that Overlady? What about Emperor Lee?
>>
>>2087061
Yes it is.

I'm incredibly doubtful that Lee is endgame, and I'll be surprised if they ever go further than sorta not-dates. Hell the last chapter has Louise feeling snubbed by Lee and desiring to bring Henriette nice shit
>>
>>2083262
Blanc/Vert would be choice, but honestly anything yuri would be nice. I've been reading https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11994721/1/Best-Friends-Forever in the meantime but it doesn't cut it.
>>2083213
I'd like to see K-On get some love. It's been pretty dry lately and the lack of YuiAzu is killing me.
>>
>>2089084
>lately

It's been dead for years. I think its last hooray was probably 2011? Maybe 2012, being generous.

Although K-On never had any truly outstanding fics. Some nice one shots here and there. Some relatively long, but never finished stories. But nothing truly great and lengthy in the end.

It's too bad though. Hair down Ritsu with Mio was the stuff of legends.
>>
>>2090918
Does any fandom have any outsanding long finished fic? All popular longfics I see around are incomplete, sometimes they are even canceled.
>>
>>2090926

Off the top of my head:

Are you okay with non-3D western? Then "recent" big names like Frozen, Korra, and RWBY definitely have solid choices.

Weeb only? Can't go wrong with Mai-Hime/Otome and Madoka. Other fandoms have rare gems too like Lucky Star, Neptunia, Negima, Nanoha, etc

/u/ circlejerked itself over Vocaloid for a solid year and half but I wouldn't say there were too many completed fics of above average quality. Can certainly give some recs if anyone's interested.
>>
>>2090934
>Neptunia
You mean fanfics full of self inserts, OCs and murderous edgy Nepgear? No, thank you.

That aside I'm more interested in weeb stuff. What are THE Nanoha and Vocaloid fics?
>>
>>2090968
Only most of them are like that, there are exceptions.
>>
Now this is totally not because of Pokemon Go. But is there and /u/ pokemon fics?
>>
>>2090926
Be careful what you wish for or you'll get recs for 600k word long fics.
>>
>>2091209
That would be, like, 2. 600k, which is about book length. That would be nice.
>>
>>2091210
>600k
>book length
I don't know what books you read, but for comparison, The Order of the Phoenix was ~250k. I personally think that if a story, fic or book, can't be contained in 100k, then the scope is too large.

I know there's a PMMM fic that is ~600k, and Inter Nos is over 1M words, and they're both not done yet.
>>
>>2091211
>the scope is too large.

Too large for what? Potter crap are books for children with short attention spans.
>>
>>2091212
Whoa, calm down.
>Potter crap are books for children with short attention spans.
Never said they weren't.
>Too large for what?
For me to enjoy it in my spare time.
>>
>>2091214
>For me to enjoy it in my spare time.

Then don't make blanket statements.
500 pages is pretty normal for books, generally they're well paced.
>>
>>2091212
Yet I'm too lazy to read them, they seem too large. Then again, maybe the lack of yuri in HP books drains my motivation.

That being said, I used to ship Hermione x Bellatrix and Hermione x Fleur.
>>
>>2091212
>Potter crap are books for children with short attention spans.
What do you think children with normal attention spans read, Anna Karenina?
>>
>>2091218
I'm saying children having short attention spans is normal. Not a problem at all.
Shouldn't have said "with", but "who generally have".
Oh well.
>>
>>2091216
It's not a blanket statement if I start it with "personally". It's just an opinion then.
>500 pages
That's not an accurate measure of length though. Googling just now I've found interviews which suggested 100k should be ~400 pages, though it can be as much as 200k with smaller font and spacing.
>>
>>2091217
>not Hermione x Luna
baka desu, to be honest.
>>
>>2091225
>Hermione x Luna
That's a pretty rare ship desu senpai.
>>
>>2091228
It makes the most sense to me. And an airhead and miss proper is an exciting combination.
>>
>>2091228
I think Hermione x Ginny is the one with most fics, but I don't like Ginny.
>>
>>2091230
You don't have to defend your shipping anon, I'm just saying that while some fic of it likely exist Luna is usually one of the less "appreciated" character.

>>2091231
The whole Wesley family is pretty awful so yeah.
>>
>>2091234
Not defending, enticing others to join the master race. Though my preferences were most likely shaped by reading Crazy Little Things as one of the first hp fics.
>>
>>2091212
Yes because fan fiction is a fine wine for sophisticated adults unlike that drivel.
>>
>>2091237
Same here. I rarely go back and read fics or books, but I've read Crazy Little Things like, ten times. There's not enough Hermione/Luna out there.
>>
>>2091239
Nobody implicated anything remotely like that.
>>
>>2090968
For Vocaloid I'd recommend:

Falling, Crumbling and Wolf by Fliers

Postage by Grey Voice

Figure Drawing by Oeuf Trick

On&on by y8ay8a

Hear My Song by Kuugen The Fox
>>
Found 2 cute Notes from the Garden of Lilies fics
http://archiveofourown.org/works/2063616
http://archiveofourown.org/works/970625
>>
>>2091217
Shipping Harry Potter characters should be like a crime. How can you stomach the imagery of all those British actors/actresses when you read.

I wish I had never seen the movies and only stuck to the books.

>>2091317
>recommending HMS
>ever
>>
>>2092006
I'll be honest, I never read it, but people talked a lot about it back in the day so I thought it was good.
>>
Yeah, it was not very nice to see those 3D people in my head when I read the fics. It was a hard time in my life, thank goodness my interest quickly shifted to an anime fandom.
>>
>>2092006
>Shipping Harry Potter characters should be like a crime. How can you stomach the imagery of all those British actors/actresses when you read.
I started shipping HP before the movies came out so I never had that problem. Some day I find myself thanking my retarded self for picking up fanfiction instead of other stupid hobbies, FF.net changes buried my stupidity forever, just remembering this shit make me cringe. 16 fucking years, 4chan didn't even exist back then.
>>
>>2092006
>Shipping Harry Potter characters should be like a crime. How can you stomach the imagery of all those British actors/actresses when you read. I wish I had never seen the movies and only stuck to the books.
That's on you. I can ship them just fine.
>>
>>2092244

Not everyone can stomach ugly Brits flashing across their minds anon, come on

Watson and Radcliffe can't make up for all the other abominations in the cast
>>
>>2092514
Okay, but why is this a point against gay ships?
>>
Surely there must exist a good fic about an android learning the meaning of love?
>>
>>2092538

I believe an anon here wrote a Vocaloid story where either Miku or Luka was an actual android or something

It was a bit plain and I don't think s/he continued

As for the topic itself though, can't say I'm a huge fan of it. It always gets its head too far up the existential crisis hole.
>>
>>2092556
>It was a bit plain and I don't think s/he continued
Ouch.
>>
>>2092538
I'm on the way to something like that. But I have a very hard time figuring out an over-arching plot. It's like, I can see dozens of instances that happen in the "fic", but, for the life of me, I can't give my antagonist a motivation. Everything I think of, I feel, is trite.
For 3 years now, I'm trying to turn it into an interesting plot.
It is very frustrating.

sage, because /blogpost
>>
>>2092969
Depending on the kind of story in question, you don't necessarily need an antagonist at all.
>>
>>2092969
If you're confident in your literary abilities, plotlessness isn't necessarily bad. I've read a dozen fics where nothing of note was happening, but the writing was so flowing and neat reading them was like scratching an itch.
If you want, I could tell you what I would like to read about, but I'd have to gather my thoughts a bit first.
>>
>>2092977
For what I have (I do actually have 120k words written already....but they're meandering nowhere now), I do need an actual plot. At least for that one.

>>2092980
>I could tell you what I would like to read about,

Prompts can't hurt. I've tried writing a few small things before, just to see if it works for me and I kinda liked it. So, at the very least it'd be some form of training. Depending, of course, on a few things...
>>
>>2092986
>Depending, of course, on a few things
Such as?
>>
>>2092986
With 120k words written you're propably in too deep to make massive changes without a full rewrite. Anyway, just remember that there's no real need to have an antagonist in order to have conflict in a plot. All you really need for a plot is a character who wants something and something else that prevents the character from getting what he/she wants. Conflict doesn't have to be personified in an antagonist and it can be entirely internal.
>>
>>2092991
>Such as?

If we're talking specific fics, mainly knowledge about the fandom.

>>2092993
>With 120k words written you're propably in too deep to make massive changes without a full rewrite.

Oh, I'm fully prepared to make a complete rewrite, if need be. If it takes me years, I don't care, as long as the idea finally works. Or, maybe more specifically, the process of expanding an idea finally works. Because that's what I'm lacking, I'd say.
I feel I would have no problem with beginnings (of those I have far too many), or even "the dreaded middle", if only I could see an end.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_n1581sXTRW1qzcxxq.jpg (24KB, 301x267px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_n1581sXTRW1qzcxxq.jpg
24KB, 301x267px
>>2069736
pretty much this.
>>2069850

Just like you shouldn't expect to be able to hit a hole in one your first time on a golf field, you shouldn't expect your first writing project to be amazing.

Just do your best, don't get discouraged, and learn along the way. Then do it again and again and get a little better every time.
>>
>>2092759
Plain is still better than bland or boring still. I remember the story vaguely, but the main thing I recall was that there just wasn't any obvious hook or any cliffhanger.

>>2092969
>>2092993
Find yourself a beta reader and gather some ideas.

I'd love to see some android stories that break the trend that's commonly found in these types of Human-NonHuman stories. Too often we are stuck with the misunderstood underachiever protagonist inspiring a soulless machine(or some otherworldly being) into finding its humanity.

It would be quite refreshing to see it the other way around, where the android pulls the human's life together and guiding the person onto the correct path to a meaningful life.
>>
>>2094386
>the main thing I recall was that there just wasn't any obvious hook or any cliffhanger
While I may disagree this is a negative in the first place, there were only two chapters.
>>
>>2094386
ive been working on something in this vein.

it's about a mildly depressed android terrorist, a human whose only motivation is revenge on said terrorist, and some existential crises.
>>
>>2094386
>Find yourself a beta reader

Easier said than done, when you have no connections on the internets.
>>
>>2094586
any friend with time and fluency in English will work. Assuming you don't mind they know you write whatever.
>>
>>2094592
>having friends
>>
>>2094586

Let /u/ be your beta reader then
>>
>>2094745
I'm just imagining how it would be to have more than 1 beta reader. The beta readers would fight each other and would end up not getting stuff done.
>>
>>2094745
I dont see why we couldnt use this thread to look for beta readers.
>>
>>2094778

The point of a beta reader is to proofread and offer his or her take on the story. A beta reader isn't an editor with an agenda, whether it's profit oriented or something benign, trying to reshape the story in someway.

/u/ can shitfling all it wants but the writer should be the one picking and choose which criticism and advices to incorporate into the story, if necessary.
>>
All these years have passed and yet there is still no Air Traffic Controller Miku/Luka story, nor is there a Burger King Miku/Luka story.
>>
>>2096665
Good.
>>
>>2096665

I don't even remember when we had those discussions, 2014?

The air traffic controller thing never even made sense. What exactly is the competition?
>>
>>2096683
I have no idea but it was supposed to be something based off of Love is War as I recall.
>>
>>2096692

Think up a logical thing they could be competing about, that they have actual influence and decision making powers over as air traffic controllers without jeopardizing the day to day operations of an actual commercial airport, then we might have a story.

Until then, they might as well be competing about how many sandwiches they can eat at the cafe.
>>
>>2092006
>How can you stomach the imagery of all those British actors/actresses when you read.

Well personally the only HP pairing I ever got into was Bellatrix/Narcissa. Two side characters minor enough that I haven't the foggiest what their actors look like.
>>
>>2096795
That's boring. Especially if it's based off Love is War, the accepted "setting" for which is a post-apocalyptic wasteland where Miku's giant megaphone towers defy Commandant Luka'a slave army, then the air traffic controller should be a similarly aesthetic allegory.
>>
File: gay tyrant.jpg (118KB, 538x1074px) Image search: [Google]
gay tyrant.jpg
118KB, 538x1074px
>>2097835
>post-apocalyptic wasteland where Miku's giant megaphone towers defy Commandant Luka'a slave army

Just write it then. Actually fuck the whole megaphone or plane thing altogether.

I'm all for some stockholm syndrome romance now, where rebel hero Miku is finally ambushed by the Mad Max-esque bounty hunters employed by the tyrannical Luka "Commander" Megurine and taken to the despot herself. Forced to endure physical humiliation at the hands of Luka and the emotional torture of watching her friends being hunted down live on camera, can Miku stifle the twisted longing she has been harboring for the wasteland ruler she had once swore to overthrow?
>>
>>2097835
>>2097850
These 2 are amazing, do it.
>>
File: Vocaloid.full.1102066.jpg (149KB, 800x1210px) Image search: [Google]
Vocaloid.full.1102066.jpg
149KB, 800x1210px
>>2097850
Sounds perfect. I'm a sucker for these kinds of things.
>>
>>2097817
Bellatrix looks like Helena Bonham Carter.
>>
>>2097835
>>2097850
Sounds stupidly grimderp. But whatever you enjoy, I guess.
>>
>>2098144

Yes, that's the point. It's mature story for mature readers such as myself.
>>
>>2098135
I find Helena Bonham Carter charming.

>>2097835
>>2097850
Will anyone try to write these?
>>
>>2098199
The Mad Max one is interesting. I might attempt something like it if the original poster is cool with it. If not that's fine too.
>>
>>2098135
>Helena Bonham Carter

Who? I don't watch movies or TV unless they have /u/ content.
>>
>>2098212
The woman who is always on Tim Burton movies, either voicing the characters or acting. She voiced the Corpse Bride, for example.
>>
File: Hermione_bellatrix.jpg (915KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Hermione_bellatrix.jpg
915KB, 1920x1080px
>>2098212
She does get a little rapey with Hermione.
>>
>>2098203
Feel free to.

Just please make sure that whatever evil leader you're trying to portray, if you go that route, is actually believable. You can't rise to the top of the food chain in the resource starved wastelands just by being a tough lesbian with a cane and a soft spot for petite twintails
>>
>>2098411
Sure you can, if you're smart enough to make yourself into a demigod via your control of said precious resources. You know, if we're ripping off Mad Max anyway.
>>
>>2098411
I dunno, Furiosa didn't seem so bad.
>>
>>2098455

So a Female Immortan? With a bunch of half-naked women screaming 'WITNESS ME!'

I would totally get behind that.
>>
File: image.jpg (208KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
208KB, 480x800px
Would anyone be interested in a story about a single 30-something year old father who is really into yuri, and it turns out his teenage daughter is a lesbian? He then proceeds to give her dating advice based off his knowledge of Yuri.

There would be no het in this, and he isn't going to try anything nasty with his daughter or any of her potential mates. He's a widower who has settled on a life of celibacy.

tried to make a thread for this but I guess it got deleted, hopefully it's ok here.
>>
>>2098630
Only acceptable if the dad is a virgin who never married and adopted his daughter. Thus he would look like a wizard.
>>
>>2098630
Try writing it and see what happens? You have to make it funny instead of awkward or creepy.
>>
>>2098455
It just comes down to what kind of story is trying to be told here I guess. If we're already supposing an evil Luka ruling over the lands with her army of metal clad thugs, I'd like think that she's not going to lose all the ambition and ruthlessness it took to get to her position all of a sudden just because she tapped some supple Miku booty.

Or maybe it works because they were long lost childhood friends or something, and the challenge of the story comes from her trying to defend her love while still maintaining an iron fist over her zealous followings. Or maybe Luka was never evil and her ascension came as a result of mostly ingenuity and the occasional, but controlled violence that were blown out of proportion by the desperate and easily riled residents of a destroyed world.

Let your imagination run wild and start producing. Or better yet let's each write a story of post apocalyptic love and see the different takes.
>>
>>2098631
I'm thinking his wife died is some kind of accident when their daughter was very young. I won't spend too much time on his relationship, but he was always into yuri even before then and he hasn't even thought about dating since then and just settles for his /u/ manga and games.
>>
>>2098632
But the funniest possible approach is to make him an awkward creep who gets angry whenever life isn't exactly like his Chinese cartoons. Just imagine him yelling at his daughter when he discovers her dildo, or calling her bisexual girlfriend a cock-hungry slut to her face.
>>
>>2098640
Yea, but that just sounds like a story about a miserable middle age man who doesn't understand his daughter, instead of a story about lesbians.

A familiar story really, I'd watch that as a rental movie if it's well done, but reading it and discussing it as a fanfic on /u/? Nah.
>>
>>2098640
>>2098642
I'd rather comedic creepiness in the sense that her father is a little too involved/enthusastic about his daughter's sex life. It's more that he gets all starry eye'd and proud about her 'growing up'. I think he would also assess the other girls for if they are worthy of his daughter or not, which could be taken the wrong way.

I'd prefer a close father daughter relationship rather then the father being some pathetic shmuck who his daughter doesn't get along with.
>>
>>2098645
That first part sounds much nicer and would probably make for a better overall story.
>>2098630
Whatever you do, don't make him a purity fag.
>>
>>2098630
it got deleted because you had a dude in your OP image.

Idk if I could read it as a long story but a yuri fan dad embarrassing the shit out of his daughter sounds adorable and hilarious
>>
>>2098640
That's not funny.
>>2098630
I don't know, I feel like there wouldn't be much story to tell. But surprise me.
>>
>>2098630
>>2098645
Sounds like Soujiro from Lucky Star. I'm sure I have read some stories with him in this role, but it was never the focus, just a gag.
>>
>>2098630
Just look at how Yuri Danshi was received on /u/ and you'll have your answer.
>>
>>2099080
But I heard Yuri Danshi genuinely started to have the male MC have teasing with the girls, even the nips complained about it.
>>
>>2099090
It was divisive even before that.

The scenario itself could work quite well: gay girl applies dating advices based on manga and anime she got from her yurifan father to real life, leading to humorous results. You can get a lot of comedy out of this, though the story would need to actually make progress toward something concrete rather than a string a failure for the daughter or it'll eventually alienate the yuri fans. But the thing I really don't understand is the desire to make the father the protagonist rather than the daughter. What kind of logic make people think yuri fans would be more interested with the father as the focus?
>>
Is there any place to read JP /u/ fanfiction? The only place I know to read jp fanfiction is https://syosetu.org/ but that place has too much story with original male OC even in missing Y chromosome anime. Honestly that place is more disgusting than ff.net for /u/ story
>>
>>2099224
I ask on /u/ and /djt/ occasionally and have so far never gotten a helpful answer. I think maybe fanfiction is just a Western thing.
>>
>>2099224
There are some fanfics on pixiv, but not many. It's under "Novels". For example: http://www.pixiv.net/novel/tags.php?p=1&tag=%E3%83%8D%E3%83%97%E3%83%8E%E3%83%AF
>>
Assuming I wanted to write a multi-chapter SoL fic. How long should each chapter be?
>>
>>2099684
For me my chapters range from 3k - 7k words long, with 5k being the most common length.
>>
>>2099684
As long as it needs to convey the situation. Can be 100 words, if need be.
>>
>>2099684
Play around with it until you reach a good stopping point per chapter. I write between 5k-12k words per chapter usually. Any less and it seems to short for me.
>>
>>2099684
Rather than focusing on length, think about structure. Each chapter should feel like it reached some kind of conclusion within itself, or set the characters on new ground. If it gets to the end of the chapter and it feels like nothing REALLY happened or nothing was REALLY resolved, that's no good.

>>2100706
100 words is a bit skimpy, I'd say a minimum of 1500 words, but that's just me.

If you do want a hard number to shoot for though, I'll say 5000. if it ends up being 3-4k fine, if it ends up 6-7k fine, but that gives you a range to aim for if it's important to you.
>>
>>2101324
5k is insane for a SoL chapter

3-4k is already on the lengthier side. Keep it real.
>>
>>2101342
Hm, well I personally have a bit of a long winded writing style. I have trouble writing a chapter thats less than 4k words myself. Either way, the first part of the post was the most important-
Don't focus on length, instead think about structure. Each chapter should be digestible on its own and feel like something conclusive happened with it.
>>
Are you guys working on anything right now? If so, what is it?
>>
>>2102705
A bunch of Frozen stories, an Overwatch one, thinking about picking up a few prompts from that thread just as soon as I figure out the snarled mess that is the lore.
>>
>>2102752
>A bunch of Frozen stories
Colour me intrigued.
>>
>>2102705
Four stories, one of which I mean to be a slow burn /u/ fic, two oneshots and one longer fic.
>>
>>2102705
Clone sex fanfic
>>
New bread?
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.