[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fiction & Fanfiction

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 335
Thread images: 9

File: Xena___Gaby_fanart_by_stkosen_2.jpg (110KB, 500x702px) Image search: [Google]
Xena___Gaby_fanart_by_stkosen_2.jpg
110KB, 500x702px
Fanfic thread? Fanfic thread.

I didn't bother fetching the old OP copypasta because the last few threads went without it. If anyone wants we can always go dig it up.

Previously on >>2032903: Awful analogies in sex scenes.
>>
File: 12091077.jpg (154KB, 804x600px) Image search: [Google]
12091077.jpg
154KB, 804x600px
I'm sure everybody agrees that flowery descriptions of lady parts (including "flower") are terrible, but it's surprisingly a surprisingly difficult body part to refer, especially multiple times in a row. Personally, I can't stand gynecology in smut, so I opt for indirection as much as possible, like "she spread her open." But when it comes down to it, you have few good words to use.
>>
Hey, I'm not interested in these threads and I don't plan to participate, but are you guys gonna ever use another OP image? Or is this one some kind of tradition?
>>
>>2047475

The picture is a tradition. But apparently the OP blabbering about some unrelated excuses nobody asked about has become a mini tradition of its own since the last few threads.
>>
>>2047165
>example of a good review (edited for brevity)

>If you had asked me whether I could possibly imagine Ellie as a farrier- well, I would've given you the most confused look ever. Yet, here we are. I'm not sure whether it was boredom or excitement that got to me, but seeing you writing a tlou fic (pretty much one of everyone's favourite games?) got me to squeel a bit. Internally, but still quite loudly. I like your words! Excuse the awkward phrasing. Anyhow.

>Before moving on to the large chunk about how I hella dug this (yes English, it is I) I feel compelled to give some short advice: you could maybe put a little more detail/transitioning between the initial attempted kiss early on? It felt like you accidentally deleted a few lines there or something? I dunno.

>I loved the description au general of the atmosphere! Although a little more detail of the path to the dining hall from the Joel/Ellie Abode may have really spiced up the mood (I really liked the description already present- hence why I felt a little more would've provided the proverbial cherry on top). I don't know why I'm mentioning this as the fic was very enjoyable, but I really liked that short insertion of the path's description and the houses and how it wasn't strictly necessary yet it really fit the fic and provided a sense of "there-ness" (yes English, I do know you... from a distance).

>Uh, characters are all on point? Honestly, reading this made me miss the game so much.. No seriously, the bit with the thesaurus joke? Felt like I was back on the carousel in left behind. With Riley. So yeah, feels were felt.

>Oh and uh the whole quasi-PTSD Ellie's going through and her reflections on Joel's lie are really well-handled. And the discovery, the doubt, etc... Shows the human quality that is both emphasized and juxtaposed in the game, survival vs. living and all.

They said what they liked and what could be improved. Very good review, and not because it was largely positive.
>>
>>2047467
>her salivating nether-gash
>>
>>2047483
Okay, cool.
>>
>>2047492
Ugh. Just ugh.
>>
>>2047165 Here's a trimmed Passerby-A review on one of my stories.

>Holy tuna!...I enjoyed Miku's boldness in Luka's class. Bonus points for her actually noticing Luka's discomfort and anchoring her when she was relapsing into her past fears. Sometimes bold characters can get pretty insensitive; glad Miku isn't that way.

>I kind of wish we could find out a bit more of Miku's past, too. She's a deep one. For all appearances, she's a flirtatious, wilful wildchild, but her sensitivity, quick wit and surprising perception belies a very mature and thoughtful soul. No less than Luka. Perhaps, even, more, given how Luka spent much of her youth surpressing her tendencies. Miku lacks the crippling doubts about her sexuality Luka has, I'm curious about her background that've moulded her into such a well-integrated homosexual. Not that you can't be one, but like Luka said, a lot of people don't want their children/friends/whatever to be gay, and that sort of narrow-mindedness can leave lasting impressions on a person, gay or not. Miku must be very much loved. And it feels like I've digressed way too much, hehe! Just saying, Miku must have a pretty interesting background, too!

>In any case, that little Puella Magi crossover was so... I don't know what to think of it with regards to necessity, but I have to admit it was a treat. And Homura has a weak heart here? Too much rumiberri, methinks. That's awesome! One thing though, Madoka didn't strike me as the weepy sort. She has a lot more inner strength, as is evident in the franchise. However, this is your story, so... plot advancement!

>To be honest, I can go on and on about how awesome Luka is and how much I like the oh-so-tragic background she has here, but you get the idea, surely. In conclusion, in case you couldn't tell, I loved it! Well done with this short story and fantastic end. Now I'm really curious how Miku fights so well. Gah! I swear, this is like a sequel hook, you meanie!
>>
>>2047712

Which story?
>>
>>2047717

"Beep." I'm AirbornAnomaly. If you're curious about the crossover deal it's because in that story every non-Vocaloid character I added in was from something else. Madoka and Homura are a couple of Luka's students.
>>
>tfw finding a recently updated fic to read, that then doesn't update again for months
Absolutely disgusting
>>
>>2047467
I recently read a fic where a woman's vagina was described as her "cave of lewd agony".

I almost died laughing.
>>
File: mato eating toast.jpg (18KB, 311x400px) Image search: [Google]
mato eating toast.jpg
18KB, 311x400px
>>2047492
>>2047727
Any metaphor can always be made better by adding "weeping."
>>
>>2047475
A couple times a year I'd make an OP with other images, but as soon as it's not me making new threads, it reverts back to this Xena fanart with the exact same filename. So I'm guessing there's one dedicated fag hugging these ffic threads.
>>
Postin things I read recently and liked. Because.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/1486711/chapters/3137842
It's complete, but doesn't really have an ending.
https://archiveofourown.org/works/1601765/chapters/3408851
Followup. Still only half way through, so I don't know if it fills the gaps and ends the story.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/992295/chapters/1960488
Doctor Who's Jenny and Vastra.

Didn't like this one, but I can see others liking it:
https://archiveofourown.org/works/1159804/chapters/2356174

I've found a few other original works, which I'll be posting if I like them.
Unless there's "demand" for them now, I don't know.
>>
>>2047737
That's because it's the original filename of that image, genius. Multiple people who have evidently been around here much longer than you use it for fic threads, because the OP image is totally irrelevant anyway and it's tradition.
>>
>>2047743
>original file name
Here is the thing, retard: most people on 4chan do not save images with its original file name, especially one from years ago. That's the reason why almost all traditional reaction images across all boards always have a 4chan-generated string of number as its name, and when doing a hash search in the archive you'll see a same image having multiple different names with very few repeats.

Having more than 1-2 fags going out of their way to save that image with its exact dA original name just to make these threads for years, while not impossible, is unlikely.
>>
>>2047748
And the thread before this one did have a 4chan filename (which is a Unix timestamp, not that you'd know that, being a newfag). But again, you clearly fail to grasp that there's a tradition between the handful of people who make fanfic threads -- news flash, /u/ is not a populous board to begin with.

I don't understand where your butthurt is coming from. Is it because someone other than you is making threads and using an image you don't like?
>>
>>2047467
Is it alright to just refer to it as pussy, vagina and vulva? But the problem is that if you keep repeting the same word to describe it, it gets tiresome for the reader.
>>
>>2047720

>tfw you wait to read a fic because you see it hasn't updated in a while
>it updates a couple times quickly so you read it
>biggest hiatus yet after you start it

REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>2047741
It would help to note the fandom and the pairing(s) present in your descriptions, because otherwise people probably aren't going to check each and every link you have on the off chance it involves something that they'll like.
>>
>>2047763
I didn't notice I deleted the "Original Story" for the first two links.
Goes for the last one, too, though, so, noted.
>>
>>2047758
Those are pretty much the best options. But they're just not great words and stick out like a sore thumb in prose, especially if as you said, you have to use them repeatedly.
>>
>>2047762
>fic hasn't updated in months
>update out of nowhere
>it's an author note saying the fic has been abandoned
>>
>>2047758
Different words work for different situations, tones, and different character point of views. Just as one person might flinch before they say "damn" while another lets "fuck" drop off their lips without so much as a blink, so too do different characters express themselves differently with words and descriptions. "Cunt" might be more crude, even cruel or demeaning, than the more playful and even childish "pussy", depending on the context, while "vulva", though more technically accurate than "vagina" (since the vagina is merely the hole whereas the vulva is the entirety of the external genitalia) is so rarely used accurately that people would be confused or drawn out of the reading by its usage, and an important element of good writing is flow. A disjointed work is one that throws the reader out of it every sentence or paragraph through poor diction.

Think about it this way: "making love", "having sexual intercourse", "having sex", and "fucking" all mean the same act, but they vary wildly in their tone and intention. The more romantic and euphemistic "making love" fits perfectly into a more dreamy, poetic, and emotional scene where "fucking" would be baser and more frantic.

While it is generally better to settle for the simpler and more accepted terms in place of wild flights of metaphor, you can still hurt your writing by settling when a little bit of imagination or description actually WOULD help things. You can use the simpler terms as placeholders as you construct a scene and then reexamine how they fit within it and see if things might be improved if you choose other terms (which is a practice that applies to any descriptor, not just genitalia).
>>
>>2047751
I'm only 6 years old on here, so yeah, pretty newfag comparing to many anons here. If I care that much, as you claimed, then I would have also been autistic enough to make threads by myself all the time instead of, you know, sporadically give these a glance. I had stated I made the ffic OP a couple times a year, and nobody ever complained why a different image was used, so whatever this "tradition" is, it's not in stone.

Seem to me that you're the butthurt one who can't stand that why anyone would talk about it. I answered an anon's simple question, you just have to be defensive and condescending for some reason. Did someone fuck your girlfriend recently, nee-san?
>>
>>2047771
>>2047751
You've both made your points and the conversation is of little value now. Let's all just walk away, all right?
>>
>>2047769
>fic has been complete for a while, it's pretty good
>updates
>"I'll be deleting all my fics in a week"
>>
>>2047810
>People I know irl found my fics so I will be deleting them
I keep seeing this. Is this just a joke excuse or are authors this careless?
>>
>>2047770
I like the word vulva, it's really hot, but yeah, some people aren't familiar with the term.
>>
>>2047467
Not about genitals, but I don't really like when people write "their tongues fought a battle for dominance". Is this now some sort of epic story?
>>
>>2047859
I'm genuinely curious as to what counts as "dominance" in a tongue war, anyway. Slapping the other tongue back into their owner's mouth?
>>
>>2047838
More likely Normies that can't handle having a public "Nerd" hobby.
>>
>>2047869
Plenty of people write fics and don't care about that.

They might care about Mom finding their erotica, however.
>>
>>2047770
People needs to just skip detailed sex scenes altogether. They're mostly fucking stupid and horribly written anyway.

Some foreplay to establish the bed dynamic is all I need, I don't give a shit about how many fingers Luka managed to stick inside Miku or how Elsa came with the force of a million blizzards and froze their bedroom windows shut. Get some foreplay, get some vague imagery of their banging as the night fades and skip to the morning after, thank you very much.
>>
>>2047873
I disagree that detailed sex scenes are necessarily bad. The problem is whether things start to be described in a way that's inconsistent with the rest of the prose. If you weren't describing in detail how many fingers a woman picked something up off a table with, then you shouldn't describe how many fingers she sticks inside her girlfriend. If the level if detail is consistent with the non-sex scenes, which generally does preclude any explicit details, then there's no need to fade to black. It's not the sex scene's fault if people suddenly slip into terrible writing, but rather the writer trying not knowing what they're doing, trying too hard, and writing in a way totally out of place in the rest of the story.

>Get some foreplay, get some vague imagery of their banging as the night fades and skip to the morning after
I think this is a complete waste if, again, the writing is executed correctly. The right wording and level of detail can carry you from foreplay through climax without feeling forced if done right.
>>
>>2047875
Writing fanfic is like making dinner. Most people can make an acceptable meal with minimal experience and practice, especially when the ingredients used are their favorites. But adding a sex scene is like trying to bake a goddamn cake for dessert that tastes AND looks good, it's just not going to happen without some serious work.

And at the end of the day, the dessert should never be the center piece of your meal anyway.
>>
>>2047838
I seem to vaguely recall one author who did that because she was still in the closet and her then-boyfriend found her fics and basically outed her to her family? Something like that, anyway.
>>
>>2047979
That was the alleged story, which was a little extreme for me to believe 100%.

I mean, I'm not going to blame the guy for getting angry or whatever, you can't always control how you feel. But running off to tell mommy and daddy? Come on.

Funniest thing was she's a fellow Masshole who lives in Boston.
>>
>>2047980
Wasn't the explanation that she was Asian and they're crazy controlling?
>>
File: 1461133779022.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1461133779022.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
Who's into Overwatch? Fuck I'm obsessed with these two right now.

>>2048026
Reporting back to mommy and daddy would be a pretty pussyass move regardless of what culture you're from.
>>
>>2048032

I am. I'm thinking about starting a WidowTracer story tomorrow that shares a spotlight with McCreexMercy.
>>
>>2048032
I meant as an explanation for why they supposedly cared.
>>
>>2048039
We should get some anons together and sort out a good timeline for Overwatch. Some of the lore released so far are pretty goofy and don't seem very consistent.
>>
>>2048048
It's a bit weird since some of it isn't obvious. Like Reyes being Reaper is largely mentioned through other peoples' stuff.

Largely it's Omnic war/original team established>war ends>bunch of other people join after the war>eventually Morrison and Reyes infighting leads to Overwatch's collapse>present.
>>
>>2048048
>>2048050

I'm interested in the stuff revealed during in game character reactions. For example, McCree seems to hate Reaper with a passion from voice logs. Phara's relationship with her mother seems terrible but all of Overwatch loved the woman. Tracer and Widowmaker's rapport fits in with the dynamics from both cinematic trailers. I think they are flirting.

LOTS of fic bait, especially since the world is so bare bones right now. I wonder if they'll leave it like that. The comics don't reveal a whole lot.
>>
>>2048057
>McCree seems to hate Reaper with a passion from voice logs.
Pretty sure he does, but not surprising since they know each other. McCree served under Reyes in Blackwatch but eventually McCree left for reasons.
>>
>>2048060

From all of the materials it seems like Reyes lead a Blackwatch insurrection that resulted in the explosion of the Swiss headquarters. From this, Reyes somehow became Reaper working for/heading up/whatever the Talon terrorist organisation. Morrison became Soldier 76 and might have some memory loss. McCree was obviously against Reyes since he became a good cowboy and wandered off to do BAMF things and be Clint Eastwood instead of fight either way.

Now, how do we justify the WidowTracer ship in light of Widow murdering her husband and Tracer presumably knowing the guy? How do we get D.Va to fuck that pig Mei?
>>
>>2048064
>Now, how do we justify the WidowTracer ship in light of Widow murdering her husband and Tracer presumably knowing the guy?
That's kind of tricky coming from Tracer's side unless she's naive enough to believe that she can get through to Amelie eventually and throughout that whole process falls for Widow. An anon in the blizzard thread wrote up a neat little thing regarding how Widow might be like if she were to love be in love with Tracer >>2047304.

>D.va fuck that sow Mei
The quickest way, would be to have Mei some best her at something insignificant, in Mei's mind, but is the world to D.va and D.va gets her back through sexually bullying her until she becomes obsessive and Mei's all confused.
>>
>>2048064
See, I don't think Tracer possibly having knew Gerard is an obstacle. If anything, it should be the catalyst for their relationship. She's not just trying to save a brainwashed killer, she's trying to win back the kidnapped wife of a fallen friend/mentor/idol.

As for Widowmaker, she should just stay Widowmaker and fall for the Brit as Widowmaker. The life of Amelie is over now, in my opinion. Even watching a video of her own honeymoon should mean no more than sifting through the pages of a stranger's diary to Widowmaker.

Don't know if you guys watched Darker than Black. But there was a scene kind like the scenario we got going on here, where somebody from a character's "previous" life tries to get her to go back with him, but she puts her finger over his lips and shakes her head, repeating her current alias back to him instead of the real name he had been calling her with. Would love to do something like that with Widowtracer.
>>
>>2047979
i think that was the one for riddle story of devil right?
>>
>>2047492
Her quivering, piping-hot love button.
>>
>>2047979
1000 luxuries from akuma no riddle?
>>
>slowburn
>friendship
>oc

So what are some tags that instantly trigger you?
>>
>>2048635
Unrequited.
>>
>>2048635
Not so much trigger, but I wish it was more common to mark a ship as predominant, secondary, or "confined to one or two sentences within this 100k fanfic" so I don't waste my time simply because the pairing that I really want to see is tagged but isn't going to get the attention it deserves.
>>
>>2048635
OC, Major Character Death, and Pairings Undecided.
>>
>>2048638
Some characters like Yukari and Ia just can't carry stories on their own.

Honestly, I wouldn't read a story if the pairing I'm looking for is only in the secondary slot. Fanfic writers barely handle a primary romance as it is.
>>
Because someone asked on a General thread and I posted there, but then realized there was a better place to do so I suppose:
Mostly Strike Witches. One with the 501st girls and another with a cast of OC Orussian witches. Have a few side stories for the Orussian girls as well. Haven't worked on either series for a long while since I apparently decided to become an alcoholic, but now that I've got my shit straightened out I'm thinking of continuing both projects.

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/10603/Highly-Flammable-Man If anyone is interested. Haven't published the side stories yet.
>>
>>2048635
I'm okay with slow burns as long as it's not just some random bullshit will they won't they that is all that occupies the plot that isn't ladies loving ladies.
>>
>>2048658
The core problem with slowburn just ties back to what was being discussed in the prior thread. That people can't fucking plan long stories for shit and can't be counted on to finish them, even if they do have a decent outline ready at the start.

Otherwise, yea, I'm fine with it if it's well written with plenty of squeal worthy moments. But you know damn well that chances are it'll get updated slower and slower until it just gets dropped or maybe even yourself have moved on to other fnadoms.
>>
>>2048635
I don't have any tag that really trigger me, though Drama for the sake of drama and fluffy shit with no real plot or overused yuri trope makes me want to drop them.
>>
>>2048635
>nonbinary character

I read a really nice fic with this tag a while back and I fail to see what making that character nonbinary accomplished other than confusing me and removing the luxury of pronouns. It didn't even come up anywhere in the story.
>>
>>2048635
>Futanari/Girl Penis/Dick Girl

I hate this on Ao3, sometimes you see some smut of a rare pairing but you don't notice one of those tags, fucking annoying
>>
>>2048663

Those don't count as yuri so I'm not sure why you'd even bring them up here.
>>
>>2048665
But it shows up in the F/F tag on ao3
>>
>>2048662
They did it to make the character more special.
>>
>>2048635
OC, even worse if the OC is the main character.

>>2048665
It shows up on FF net too. If you add 2 female characters and search for a story about them futa might come up.

>>2048640
I agree with all this. This one time I was skimming through a fic, read "she died some years ago during a street fight, etc", I wanted to throw my mobile against the wall. You don't just kill my favorite character like that for no good reason. Even if you have reason, I will probably dislike it and refuse to read.
>>
>>2048679
>OC, even worse if the OC is the main character.
I can do you one worse.

OC that is male and head of a harem including the female characters you were trying to find a fic of.
>>
>>2048635
Since I have the displeasure of enjoying Neptunia, OC is definitely one that immediately makes me close the tab. Hell I've noticed a lot of random male OCs showing up in the K-On section as well.
>>
File: 2 guns 451.jpg (43KB, 680x375px) Image search: [Google]
2 guns 451.jpg
43KB, 680x375px
>>2048683
Literally the Neptunia fanfiction archive.
>>
>>2048685
Mirror mirror on the wall, is there a fandom with more OC gary stus than Neptunia?
>>
>>2048635
>Songfic
I'm not even sure what these are but the few I've read were like 200 words long and I didn't even know the song.

>Chapters: 2/85
Really? You've planned ahead that far?

>Canon Retelling
What's the point?
>>
>>2048635
Not trigger, but I don't like self-harm/suicide, cause it's usually badly written and it doesn't fit the personality of the charatcer they are writting. You can have other sort of drama without being too over the top and resorting to self-harm/suicide.
>>
>>2048691
>canon retelling
>exact same dialogue as the source
>nothing new added
>10,000+ followers
????
>>
>>2048635
-Genderbend. Just kill it with fire.

-Not a big fan of "kid fics", aka when the story is about the OTP having kids and raising them.

-Any deviantart fetishes like diapers, vore, etc.
>>
>>2048696

I think self harm and suicide, or at least the threat of suicide, with the right character/setting would be fucking amazing.

Nanoha had a couple of stories with Fate pulling that shit and I loved them. Or maybe it was just because that was when I was originally getting into fics so everything seemed amazing.
>>
>>2048691
I read a pretty good Sam/Janet au of season 1 of Stargate once. It's about knowing how much to retread. If it's not a reasonably significant departure from the source there's no point though.

Or do people literally just rewrite the source?
>>
>>2048702
An AU is an AU. Those can really be great.
I'm talking about 100% just writing the script in fanfic form, with zero changes to the plot. I don't understand it.
>>
>>2048699
Genderbend can be good, but it's not easy.
>>
>>2048736
Genderbend is like shipping characters that were, are and never will be gay. It just reeks desperation and spite.
>>
>>2048739
I don't mean gerdenbending a male into a female, but the other way around.
>>
>>2048736
I'm sure there are genderbender stories that I'd like if I knew nothing about the characters and didn't realize they're the opposite gender in canon. But knowing that they've been genderbent just makes me lose interest entirely.

Then again there are fandoms that involve canon genderbending which have stories I really like (such as Ranma 1/2). But I just don't see them as yuri.
>>
>>2048739
Nothing wrong with shipping characters that aren't gay together. I enjoy fleurmionne and yumi/Sachiko pairing.
>>
>>2048744
That doesn't seem board-relevant.
>>
>>2048750
It kinda is because if the character is well written, I still see the genderbended character as their original gender, female. So I just take the gender change as a gimmick for the story.
>>
>>2048698
Probably heavily promoted by a tumblr celeb. Or, god forbid, written by one.
>>
Eh. I read a genderbent Captain America/Iron Man fic a while ago and it was good. Haven't seen nothing of the Marvel Cinematic Universe but Deadpool, mind you.

Too bad I always forget to bookmark the good ones; now I'm stuck trying to remember the name and checking summaries.
>>
>>2048753
But if the now male character gets into a relationship, it will be a turn off as hell because he has a male body.
>>
>>2048746
>fleurmionne
Oh god, I loved this ship back in the day. And Bellamione.
>>
>>2048739
Nice lesbian pairing you have there. It would be a shame...if someone were to genderbend one of them and transform it into an hetero couple...

Whenever I see that I rage
>>
>>2048773
Normally I don't read the ones that have sex scenes anyway. The romance alone is kinda the same because they're the characters I'm used to, just one with a different gender.
>>
>>2048635
"I suck at tags"
>>
>>2048635
Tagging every pair on AO3, even if it's only mentioned in the vaguest of passings. I don't usually even start reading fics that are like that.
>>2048659
It's nice when they're not even "together" together but it's plain as day that they kind of already are, but maybe one doesn't have the balls to admit it, while the other mysteriously tries to maximize the time spent together. Plain no-distractions romance, but it just takes a while, without any wrenches thrown in the workings. It takes a good writer to pull that off and have it ride on prose that doesn't bore, however.
>>2048662
I read a fic like that once too. Didn't seem to serve any real purpose except for being some kind of tumblr indoctrination for the masses.
>>2048699
>genderbender
>2016
>only one readable Rapunzel / female Flynn fic
Just.
>>
>>2048635
parent abuse fics
fics where the mc's have a kid
most au crime fics
>>
>>2048838
>fics where the mc's have a kid
And you reminded me.
There was a very cute Frozen fic about Elsanna telling their daughter how they met. "How I Met Your Mother". It had knights, adventure, jousting tournaments, sacrifices, true love, and miracles. And it was completed in just shy of 80k words, and was a joy to read among all the angsty, dramatic, uninteresting shit that fandom is full of.
Funnily enough, it was deleted out of the blue one day.
>>
>>2048838
>most au crime fics

because a lot of them are bad or you just don't like the genre?
>>
>>2048847
most of them are bad i dont hate the genre
>>
>>2048843
That was the only kidfic I've ever been able to stomach reading. Didn't even know it was gone. RIP
>>
>>2048847
How do you research for a crime AU anyway? I'm not disputing or arguing, because most of them are undeniably bad. But I'm curious what makes a good one?
>>
>>2048699
>Genderbend
You know this reminds of the infuriating trend many years ago in .hack//sign fic, where the authors wanted to write tsukasa/subaru but they went out of their way to insist Tsukasa was male and was never ever a girl.
>>
>>2048931
Just watch The Wire

Speaking of crime AU, I want some corrupt popo stories. Like Training Day with Luka or Miku or some shit.

Doesnt even need to have a happy ending. I want some lesbian power trip scenes like when Denzel was throwing out that "King Kong ain't got nothing on me" line.
>>
>>2048931
Commit crimes yourself, obviously.
But make sure you get a lesbian partner first.
>>
>>2048066

Hardboiled Detective story starring Tracer and Widow fucking when? They're literally perfect for it.
>>
>>2048838
>>2048699
Well fuck. I am writing a Crime AU with genderbends.

>>2049370
I read my first Overwatch fic today and wow that genre needs more content. I can't promise nothing (This particular request doesn't do it for me either). However I will consider writing something for them if anyone have a suggested pairing/idea.

Also a question on Cross overs.

Do you hate them?

And what does crossover mean to you? Stories tend to borrow a lot from each other generally.
>>
>>2049574
I think it depends on how much of the setting, plot, and/or characters are used.

Offhandedly mentioning that Princess Ariel struck up a friendship with a French princess who also has interesting views on human tools doesn't count as a crossover in my mind, and if the story is set in Ariel's setting and Belle comes over to visit for a bit it's probably still not if their relationship isn't a key part of the story. If it's Ariel travels to Belle's town and spends the entire, or a majority of her time there, then it is, even if she never interacts with any of the named characters in BatB.

It's really a matter of degree and centrality.

I'm fine with crossovers that make sense or ones that the author clearly cares enough about to make sense (or, if not, then at least a lot of fun). If it's a matter of just wanting the one character or setting and not actually caring about the fandom involved, then I'd rather have an OC and an AU. To me, the point of a crossover is to explore both worlds, sets of characters, AND how they interact with each other, so leaving that out makes the whole thing pointless.
>>
>>2049574
I care about a good story first and foremost. If I happen to not like a character from a fandom, I'll obviously not look at it, crossover or not.
But, story > fandom.

>>2048635
Rape, or anything resembling it. That's pretty much it. I don't count futa, because this is /u/.
>>
>>2049574
I only hate that they're so rare and hard to find...
>>
>>2048924
Good thing I instantly add anything I like to Calibre.
>>
>>2049612
Whats your favorite pairing?
>>
>Lena "Tracer" Oxton runs a small time detective agency
>One day walks in a sultry French widow named Amelie Lacroix whose husband was murdered
>plot plot plot plot
>cameos cameos cameos cameos
>twist
>???
>happy ending

Shit, hardboiled Overwatch detective story practically writes itself
>>
>>2049574
what fandom is the crime au fic for?
>>
>>2048635
Easy.

>Title it as femslash or lesbian and have femdick in the same fucking tagging

That's not fucking femslash/lesbian fics you dumb fucks its futa.
>>
Do you guys actually have any Overwatch fics to share here?
>>
>>2049780
I think a lot of people who use the tag femslash probably don't know what futa is.
>>
>>2049789
Still though, it's annoying as hell whenever I try and search for fics and its always attached to it. Its so hard to find any good vanilla fics anymore because everyone has a clit-dick or femdick or a magic dick (magic dicks dont count because they're not technically real!) or some other bullshit.
>>
>>2049788
The OV sections on FF and AO3 are both really short anyway
>>
>>2049801
The dick is not a male organ if it's attached to a girl! Hurr!
>>
>>2049789
>being on the internet
>not knowing futa
>>
>>2049866
I can't tell if you're being serious, trolling, sarcastic.
>>
>>2049873
I bet your mom has a facebook. Does she know what futa is?
>>
>>2048760
I think the issue is a matter of canon. Some people can completely ignore the canon and not let it bother them at all. While other (normal) people prefer not to genderbend male characters or forcibly turn straight skanks gay.

>>2049880
>he thinks everyone here is white

kek
>>
>>2049885
>he
All I assume is that anons are English speaking, unless they're obviously not.
>>
>>2049811

And they're almost all bad. A fun WidowTracer foreplay fic went up recently and there is a good ongoing one that just got put up on AO3 last week. It has a French title I can't remember right now.

Most of them are bad or extremely short. I read one terrible fic that had the basic obvious premise of Tracer slowly breaking Widowmaker's conditioning and involved them hiding out doing slice of life shit. Tracer got a fucking tumblr haircut and I dropped that shit immediately.
>>
>>2049885
I'm not always in a canon mood. It's like food.
Sometimes I crave cannolis, sometimes I crave mindbroken femCap.
>>
>>2049878
My honest opinion is, even if the dick is attached to a "girl", it is not yuri. Futa is not yuri.
>>
>>2049918
Nothing to do with opinion. Futa is its own genre and has nothing to do with yuri.

But there is a growing group of younger people who want to bring the whole trans issue into this and it's both frustrating and annoying to see.
>>
>>2049911
was the fic you hated by sniperct?
>>
>>2049911
It looks like of them are written by tumblr celebrities. Really short fics that have been up for a few days or weeks at best yet they have thousands of views and hundreds of kudos.
>>
>>2049750
Legend of Korra set in a Orange is the new black setting.
>>
>>2049990
It was. I read it yesterday its called In a Reverie or something. I rather liked it though unlike that Anon. Mostly becayse SniperCT really writes them in character and it's great.

I think the problem with Overwatch Fics is mainly that the source material is thin as fuck. I am working on something but it will be kinda AU as I already have other ongoing stories I am trying to complete and I seriously cba having to read up on all the lore.
>>
>>2049911
>Tracer got a fucking tumblr haircut and I dropped that shit immediately.

Guilty of the same thing here. But I did later on find out that one of her skins in game has that haircut, still didn't make me go back to continue though.

So yeah, there were a couple of short ones I liked. But nothing really that satisfying yet.
>>
>>2050065
How much lore is there, really? Just looking over the wiki, it doesn't seem that bad for the character backstories.
>>
>>2050130
Honestly, I am perfectly fine with the amount of lore released for the characters so far, especially for Widow and Tracer.

Sufficient backstories, two very different and recent encounters, and enough gap for people to fill in the blank.

Who knows how much they'll ruin the characters and their /u/ potentials with additional stories down the line. I dread the day that Widowmaker's former husband comes back somehow snd converts Amelie back to being good again or some shit because so few people stay dead in Blizzard's games.
>>
>>2050138

Nah, Blizzard has straight up said they're going to fan pander in Overwatch's lore and WidowTracer is the most popular ship by far. They aren't touching it.
>>
File: 1321629275127.jpg (45KB, 301x564px) Image search: [Google]
1321629275127.jpg
45KB, 301x564px
>>2050177
>Apparently Tracer has a boyfriend/husband
>>
>>2050177
Fuck everything. We can never get anything good, can we?
>>
>>2050177

kek

It's not real btw
>>
>>2050177
phahaha, that's one creative bait.
>>
>>2050165
That sounds really nice, do you have a source?
>>
>>2050236

Honestly, I think it was the interview reddit did with the lead designer.

I definitely remember hearing that in one of the many interviews. Might have been that three part documentary too.
>>
>2016
>not discarding non-/u/ parts of the characters' backstories
>not adding in more /u/ parts to the characters' backstories
Baka desu, senpaitachi. Baka desu.
>>
>>2050284

What are you talking about

>>2050253
Find it
>>
>>2048938
i wish there were better crime AU (corruption, dumping suckers in cement and oil drums into the bay, etc) stories too, i guess there just isn't much overlap between people that dig the genre and write yuri fic. i've only read one i really, really enjoyed in recent memory and a couple others that were ok.

>>2049912
how do I find mindbroken femCap stories because that sounds intriguing.
>>
>>2050469
I remember when I found a mafia-style Maria-sama ga Miteru fic and got all excited, but it turned out to be a silly comedy fic. What a waste.
>>
>>2050474
>>2050469
I liked the Vocaloid story by Gray Voice. That was vaguely crime/mafia-esque.

But yea, don't think I've really read a truly investigation/crime focused story other than that Sherlock Holmes ShizNat story.
>>
>>2050474
There actually was a serious Marimite fic where the Roses were actually a mafia-esque organized crime family. But it was never completed and I don't even remember what it was called.
And you should tread carefully with that mindbroken femCap stuff, it's usually het.
>>
>>2050469
Does "crime AU" mean specifically organized crime or can it include forensic investigations OF crimes?
>>
>>2050484
Fuck, thanks for the warning

>>2050653
There's no set definition but for me if it's just the protagonist examining the crimes like CSI then it's only a cop AU. if the protagonist goes down a journey of digging through the underbelly of the crime world, has to go undercover or finds out their bff is somehow deeply involved with the organization they're fighting then maybe it could shift to crime AU. depends on where the focus is at, criminals/criminal world or the good guys? I would consider a fic similar to The Departed or Training Day to be able to fall under crime AU. Bad Boys or Blue Bloods not so much.
>>
>>2050469
Republic City Blues is probably the only really good one that comes to mind. Granted that is also one of the best fanfics out there imo, crime au or not.
What's often so off putting about it is how apologetic they seem about being criminals. C'mon, if you kill people or extort them or whatever you get over that shit.
>>
>>2050476
this one? https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8207665/1/Of-Common-Blood

>>2051160
I actually read that, it's one of the ones i considered good in the last two years. the other one I liked was the Mafia Blake AU for RWBY but it's more focused on relationship + porn. my favorite is a league of legends fic.
>>
>>2047758
>Is it alright to just refer to it as pussy, vagina and vulva?

No, for the reason you stated. A good writer could probably manage it by inter-spacing descriptions of the vagina with other sexy body parts like the clit and breasts.
>>
>>2047875
Detailed sex is good if you're going for a porn fic. Otherwise, it's a waste. I read fics either to jack off or for the story/characters. I don't like one getting in the way of the other.
>>
>>2048635
Slowburn and OC do it for me. OC especially. It can't be that hard to find a character who fits the mold you need filled, can it? Worst case scenario, it's better to OOC someone than create an OC you need to fit into the plot.
>>
>>2048739
If we weren't allowed to ship straight characters, this thread would be empty.

I don't think I've ever found a decent genderbending story, but I can't discount them off hand.
>>
>>2048843
>>2048924

What was it called?
>>
>>2048635
>coffeeshop AU
>high school AU
>futa
All off these make for horror.
>>
>>2051625

With how dead most communities are at this point, I'll gladly take some decent Coffee/School stories.
>>
>>2051625
Most of the time high school is not even AU for what I read.
>>
>>2051625
So a highschool AU where they're futas who work part time in a coffeshop would be a no for you?
>>
>>2051671
We gotta make this as cliche as possible.

Last day of summer. Coffee girl gets a rude costumer, assume it's just some out of town rich girl. New semester starts on Monday and it turns out the costumer is now her classmate.

Even worse, the manager introduces the new student as her coworker after school.

I would write this shit if I knew anything about coffee. Too bad I just order the same boring shit every morning before work.
>>
>>2051680
I think I read this once.
>>
>>2051680
Make one a vampire while you're at it too.
>>
>>2051709
Excellent choice my friend.

They argue and make a mess of things. Coffee girl decides to stay late alone and clean up the mess while also try to shake off those unspeakable feelings she's beginning to have toward this insufferable newcomer.

When she's finally done and heads to the party her friends told her about, she takes a shortcut to save time and is attacked by werewolves/ghouls/republicans/genericfantasyenemies before being saved by the newcomer. As her consciousness begins to fade away, the last thing she remembers is being held by the warm, athletic embrace of the new girl and the feeling of two stinging sensations on her neck...

To be continued in...Mocha Ballad: New Moon, rated PG13
>>
>>2051622
"How I Met Your Mother", sister. Says so in the post.
>>2051729
But what about the angst?
The girl should be raped by the ghouls! That will show her broken nature nicely!
And bring it back full circle. The coffee girl had a pet bat when she was little, but she neglected it and her being rude was payback. Somewhere partway the vampire girl realized she loves the coffee girl. But not before sending her (slightly unstable) creature-of-the-night friends (ghouls) to give the girl a fright.
>>
>>2051769

No anon, the vampire was the bat.
>>
>>2051620
>it's better to OOC someone than create an OC
Disagree entirely. I have more respect for an author that has respect for the characters and the setting so that they don't try to warp either to fit their plot. A well designed OC that fits is fine by me.
>>
>>2051918
Can only agree.
>>
I think that fanfiction is essentially about the characters and the setting, which is why both AU & OC are deeply divisive. Personally, I steer clear of AU because the changed setting often leads to changed characters as well, leaving little of what drew me to the fandom in the first place. OCs I don't mind and have enjoyed reading about if the setting is portrayed faithfully. In some fandoms, like RPGs in general, the protagonist is just a stand-in for a self-insert anyway.
>>
>>2051922
AUs do have two different categories though. You've got the regular ones, which is where you get your coffee shops and high schools, and the "what if" AUs that change something in canon and try to follow where that plot thread would go.

The problem with the former is that authors never try to take on the challenge of mixing the trapping of that AU with anything vaguely interesting about the canon characters abilities and universe. Reading about characters I know for having magic or being aliens and having them not have or be those things is very disconcerting and boring..
>>
>>2051861
Then who was phone?
>>
>>2051918
Yeah. If you're going to throw away half of the character's identity just to make them fit a role in the story, I'd rather you just didn't use that character to begin with.
>>
>>2052037

Luka and Miku are making out on the couch when suddenly phone rings. Luka answers and the voice screams "What are you doing with my daughter?". She tells Miku but her girlfriend says "My mother passed away already"

THEN WHO is that creepy old lady with long black hair standing behind you?
>>
>>2052235
Miku Zatsune, twin sister.
>>
>>2052235
It's my mom catching me looking at a lesbian board
>>
I know we've been waiting for good Overwatch fics. Alive on AO3 is great. Would be amazing if not for the stupid written in French accent.
>>
>>2053049
>quoting the trailer almost word for word

This better be really fucking good to make up for this atrocity at the beginning. And yes, I noticed the last line was changed.
>>
>>2053060

Yeah, I was almost completely turned off by that and the terrible accent stuff but it's worth it.
>>
>>2053049
>WidowTracer
Come back with something better.
>>
>>2053065

Don't be a bitch. Best ship in the game. You don't have to hate it because it's popular or because Widow had a husband in a previous life.

Plus it doesn't involve that stupid chipmunk cunt Mei or that annoying whore D.Va. I like Mercy and Phara but I have trouble shipping that. Are their fics any good? A few popped up in the last couple days.
>>
I purposely haven't followed Overwatch lore because I'm still mad at not getting into the beta. I hope this doesn't affect my enjoyment of fics.
>>
>>2053082
>Best ship
You could just not be so quick to jump the gun with those hot opinions cunt.

MercyPharah sadly has nothing going on for it in the fic scene outside of maybe a few oneshots. I'm fairly certain that has to do with their lack of involvement in anything that could give them a spotlight, and Pharah's lore being rather bland, but they're okay. I have yet to read one that is from Pharah's point of view, however.
They also tend to make it feel like Pharah has did something despicable or something she's not proud of in the past when everything points towards her being the super girl scout trying to live up to her mother's standard.

That aside, https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11944260/2/Ready-Set-Go-Overwatch-Edition chapter 2 and 3 are rather decent for the pairing. Ao3 is equally barren though 'At your mercy' and 'Doctor's Orders' are decent there as well.
>>
>>2053104
You do know there was an open beta right

>>2053108
So your argument for Widowtracer not being the best ship is that your own nomination for best ship is bland, has no marketing visibility, and limited fan support? Real convincing there
>>
Hello, I just want to ask if someone has a copy of Tsuyazakura Kouyuki's work? (Fanfiction writer of Lover's Eternal)
>>
>>2053123
Nah I just said don't call WidowTracer best ship and commented on what there was regarding MercyPharah since you brought them up asking about them.

What I think is best ship isn't board appropriate.
>>
>>2053127
>What I think is best ship isn't board appropriate.

So it's irrelevant then, like counting money that's not yours.

In other words, the motion that Widowtracer is the best Overwatch ship stands.
>>
https://archiveofourown.org/works/2067543/chapters/4495257

Really liked this one. Original work.
>>
>>2053049
I'm thinkin about getting on the bandwagon but there's nothing to write about.
>>
>>2053216
What would you be looking to write about?
>>
>>2053216
That's a bad attitude for a writer. Make something to write about.
>>
>>2053217
>>2053218
There's not enough in the backstory to base conflict off of. It's kind of like trying to write for TF2 before they seriously expanded the lore.
>>
>>2053220
Fair enough. Only real sources of conflict so far would be something caused by the omnic crisis, talon, maybe the bogans, or some sort of disaster.
>>
>>2053123
Had no idea, I wasn't following any news
Probably would've been too laggy anyway
>>
>>2053246
Actually it was okay, played nonstop for 4 days or something and I experienced 1-2 games a day with lag, it was easy to throw the game or win it by playing super defensively anyway.
>>
>>2053246
Was actually pretty stable, and the little I played of it made me wish I gave it a chance earlier. Instead of playing it on the final day.
>>
>>2053123
WidowTracer can't be best ship because of Tracer's unbearably terrible accent.

Seriously, just trying to read a fic about them my brain will start reading her dialogue with that accent and I just have to stop.
>>
>>2053298
Her voice is annoying yes, I find widowmaker a bit grating as well to a lesser degree.
>>
>>2053298
>>2053300

I love it because it reminds me of Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins. Delightfully goofy.

But yeah, until we hear her speak more in a serious manner it's hard to imagine that accent in the the throws of passion.
>>
>>2053049
>there's a typo in the last and the most pivotal line of the fic
This ruins everything and now I feel nothing.
>>
>>2053298
Just stay away from the vids and you'll quickly forget about it.
Really dislike most accents in fics unless it is done expertly, which isn't really very feasible.

I just ignore it and give her a standard posh english accent. Works great.
>>
>>2054255
Quite.

One of the cleverest ways I've seen accents utilised is by plain writing out the stuff the other party thought she heard - not just the sounds but proper words. This has potential for both humour and for relatability of our presumably main character.

I can't think of an example at the moment, though. Maybe it'll come to me later.
>>
>>2054289
That is a great idea actually. Haven't seen it done yet.

Generally I think it is okay to use a little accent, just, tracer should say luv instead of love, or knickers instead of panties. Otherwise it just turns into a crackfic for me.
>>
>>2054918
Content (at peace) and content (what something contains).
Tear (a drop on the face) and tear (rip apart).
Lead (metal) and lead (to direct someone).

All of these words sound different in different contexts, but they're spelled the same. The context changes how they're read in people's minds when people read them (get it?).

You don't need to misspell words if the words and speaking style you write indicates the accent by itself, like you said with the "knickers" vs "panties" situation. When I read Tracer saying "love" I read it in her accent because it's a word that I know she uses and its placement works; I don't need to see it spelled "luv" because I already hear it.
>>
>>2055038
There is something to be said for vernacular, but it usually only works for strict narration vs dialogue. It's also probably an advanced writing style; if be shocked if a fan fiction writer could pull it off.
>>
>>2055038
Thats a very good point.

>>2055066
I guess we have to hope that somewhere out there there is a Widowtracer shipper with a french mom and a english father who just happens to speak with a cockney accent.

And that they can write worth shit.

hmm.
>>
>>2055068
Clearly we need to start a breeding program to produce quality fanfic writers.
>>
>>2055038

How does Tear sound different
>>
>>2055109
Teeeeer and tay-ur.
>>
>>2054918
Pratchett does basically the same thing with his
>'Uuk!'
>'What he said!'
and
>He gesticulated.
>'What?'
>He gesticulated some more with some original, yet rather detail3d and unmistakeable gestures.
>'Oh. Oh my!' she exclaimed as she felt a blush start creeping its way upwards from the depths of her bodice.

Sort of the same function if not form exactly. Perhaps.
>>
>>2055232
Pratchett was a fucking master though.
>>
>>2053194
im trying this and on chapter 8. i like the world and concept, but it's moving slow for my tastes. i'm 50/50 on being motivated to finish it. not enjoying one half of the pair already spilling copious amounts of spaghetti or how flashback heavy it is, but the latter might be because i wasn't expecting so many.

>>2055095
get with the science/magic babies thread.
>>
>>2055095
>>2055425
I don't know about all that, but you did remind me how much I want to write a fic including science/magic babies.
>>
>>2055425
Yeah, it's very flash back heavy. And it stays that way. I didn't mind, because they were interesting, in the end.
>>
Out of curiosity, is there a way to disable crossovers on archiveofourown? Because I don't have to have to browse half a ton of self-insert OC has a harem of all the multiverse cutie but I'll still say it's f/f pairing because there's that one scene in the story where they make out before getting some good ol' dicking.
>>
>>2055826
You can't really disable crossovers I think, barring just narrowing your search to one series. But you can add -m/f and -m/m to your search at least and get rid of those.
>>
>>2055828
But here lie the problem, I don't mind m/f and/or m/m pairing in my /u/ it's not like everyone can be gay. I just fucking hate crossovers and it seems they dominate the listing.
>>
>>2055831
Filering out gen, MF, and MM is a necessity to find anything with Ao3's shitty cateogry system, because otherwise you get umpteen stories that are gen or MF/M with a half-sentence mention of a lesbian character or something.
>>
>>2055826
>>2055831
>>2055835
You seem to be into some shitty fandoms.
>>
>>2055842
No, that's the entire problem. I search without limiting it by fandoms at all. That's why every result is like that because there's about 3 times as many m/m stories that throw a two-sentence f/f part in as there's actual f/f stories on the site.

Believe you me, if I could I would prefer the option to remove specific fandoms or media from a search. But just removing m/m and m/f is good enough.
>>
>>2055826
AO3 is just a mess with how many goddamn tags people throw on to a story.
>>
>>2055831
theoretically, you should be able to go

>Search Within
>-filter_ids:184

and remove crossovers. combine with this:

http://wrangletangle.tumblr.com/post/75049589240/gandtheannas-does-anyone-know-a-way-to-look-at

it's not a perfect solution but it will cut down on what you're slogging through.

large list of AU tags for removal:
http://thinkythinkythoughts.tumblr.com/post/88097093558/ao3-is-the-best

>>2055835
how would you fix this though? Sliding scale for amount of pairing content?

>>2055844
you can actually remove specific fandoms either through their ID tag or just a string, which is less specific. any series will have a specific tag.

how 2 find tag ids: http://filter-me-ao3.tumblr.com/post/94752459096/hi-i-cant-figure-out-how-to-filter

Ao3 search and tags are still a WIP for the site as a whole, but i like it better than going through ff.net.

>>2055631
the flashbacks are interesting, but every other chapter is too much for me.
>>
>>2055865
>you can actually remove specific fandoms either through their ID tag or just a string, which is less specific. any series will have a specific tag.
I didn't know that, but it's effectively useless in this case because you'd have to remove so many individual fandoms by meticulously looking up the ID or string for each and every one.

One glorious day, there will be filtering by medium...
>>
>>2055855
it is. if you make an account there's an option to hide additional tags, but still leaves you with a pile of character tags or fandom tags if it's a giant, terrible, multi-fandom one-shot collection.

i don't know how the practice of tagging every character in a story got started, but it's a pain.
>>
>>2055871
filtering by medium probably isn't a thing yet because of two reasons, database structure and not enough people asking for it. personally, i've never had a need to filter by medium, and based entirely on anecdotal evidence, i think the majority of Ao3 users are more interested in browsing by specific fandom rather than medium.

that isn't to say it shouldn't be a function though, because you should be happy too, sis.

http://archiveofourown.org/admin_posts/329

according to this you should be able to just do -marvel to take out all marvel entries with the caveat of also removing anything that happens to have the word "marvel" in the summary. my suggestion would be make a query that removes the worst offenders and just keep it saved. it's not perfect and will take a little work, but should be a QoL improvement at least. if you link the page youre trying to search i can see if i can pare the results into something nicer.
>>
>>2055844
>throw a two-sentence f/f part in
I don't understand why people tag it as f/f. It's dumb.
>>
>>2055911

Afraid of triggering people i guess, so they make sure all their basis are covered
>>
>>2055916
I said it was dumb already.
>>
>>2055916
I don't think people who visit AO3 would be triggered by lesbians.
>>
>>2055968
Right? Only the homos and sapphos use A3
>>
>literally daydream entire paragraphs of fics/pairs I want to write
>never write shit

How can one escape this nightmare? I ain't getting any younger.
>>
>>2055985
By writing. There is no other way.
>>
>>2055985
Jot down the main things you want to see.

Now work towards it.
>>
>just got done watching From the New World
>absolutely no Saki/Maria fan fiction out there worth reading

This is misery.
>>
>>2055865
>how would you fix this though? Sliding scale for amount of pairing content?
Just make the category a dropdown instead of multiple checkboxes. If someone really wants to say their story has equal focus on multiple gendered relationships, they can explicitly choose the "multi" category.

Also get rid of "gen" as anything but a default for not selecintg anything; it is the most useless concept.
>>
>>2055865
>http://wrangletangle.tumblr.com/post/75049589240/gandtheannas-does-anyone-know-a-way-to-look-at
This is great, thanks.
>>
Damn it's hard to write after a long break. It's like I've forgotten how sentences work, and how the characters actually speak to eachother.
>>
you are reading a sugary sweet sex scene and then anal pops up

does it ruin the experience, do you let it slide, or is it no different to you than pussy licking?

I'd like to know because of a story I'm writing, I don't usually use this board so I hope this is an acceptable question and I just copy pasted it from what I think was the wrong thread to ask it in
>>
>>2057554
Dont particularly care for written smut. But everything your character do should contribute to their characterization, that includes sex.

So as opposed to read about where that lady is sticking her finger or tongues, I'd be more interested in finding out their relationship dynamic, how they're reacting to the shit they're doing, and all that gay stuff.
>>
>>2057554
Personally, anal does nothing for me. I don't feel it ruin a sex scene, as long as the V is given proper attention before, during, or after. It's only a problem (boring) if the backdoor is the only thing in action.
>>
>>2057554
Nah, wouldn't bug me. Sometimes the variety is nice.

>>2056692
Np sis
>>
>>2057554
Is it a smut-centered story, or a '20 chapters of buildup' situation?

I'm a big anal fan, but in the latter case I'd do a double-take just because it's so uncommon. Not that it's a bad thing, to me anyway, just definitely noticeable.
>>
>>2057554
From a personal standpoint, anal without sufficient preparation to keep things clean really doesn't attract me at all. I'm fine with anal sex but I'm really not keen on fecal matter getting anywhere near any genitals, fingers, tongues or toys, so it would definitely change things from sweet and personal to nasty or fetishistic for me.

I suppose a chapter or two beforehand where one (or both) partners are laughing together over some high-fiber food and one mentions an enema kit with a slight grumble and the other promises it'll be worth it would be enough to indicate they're taking the time to get things ready, and you could make that cute by having them both be looking forward to the experience. Have it be a special date; dinner lit by candlelight, warm bath afterward, then heading to the bedroom for the main event.
>>
>>2057607
>>2057590
>>2057587
>>2057559
>>2057557

Oh I didn't expect so many replies so quickly, I imagined this was a really slow board. Thank you all for your responses, I'm relieved that none of are you are outright disgusted by anal.

>>2057557
>>2057590

It is a short, three chapter story about Cammy and Chun Li from Street Fighter. It's mostly about the sex, but I want to include Chun Li's fear of being ugly (muscular), her fear of opening up and letting her guard down during sex (because she's obsessed with being strong), and Cammy's determination to help her relax and assure her she's beautiful. Because of the heaviness of the sex, I worry that the focus on character is pointless and will just get in the way for the kind of audience I pick up, that's a worry with most of my stories. But I'm not confident enough that my storytelling is good enough, so I hold interest with long and detailed sex scenes instead. If it matters, I intend for the anal licking to be something Cammy does to prove she's not repulsed by any part of Chun Li's body, and for Chun Li to eventually ask her to stop because she thinks it's enjoyable but weird.

>>2057607

It depends how realistic of a story I'm writing, but usually, I pretend fecal matter doesn't exist when I write anal. For entirely realistic ones I try to gloss over it and mention somewhere that the lady in question just prefers to stay clean down there.
>>
>>2057499
I know exactly what you mean. I went several years without writing regularly and now whenever I try the words don't seem to connect to each other and it's like spitting out a jumbled mess of incoherent thought.
>>
>>2057647
I miss college. I was never as productive as that fortnight before exam season.
>>
>>2057639
usually it is pretty slow, but apparently we like to talk about anal. i'm sure given enough time someone will call you the devil for defiling the purest form of love with sodomy.

i'm fine with taking some of the finer details out of smut. it's ultimately fiction, and i have yet to find someone that can incorporate a dental dam sexily. or asking for an STD test. some people revel in that kind of realism tho. smut is very subjective.

>But I'm not confident enough that my storytelling is good enough, so I hold interest with long and detailed sex scenes instead.

power to you, writefag. godspeed.
>>
>>2057694

Yeah I've been reading through the thread and I think the /u/ crowd is different to what I expected. I imagined an anime version of /s/, but this board seems less focused on lesbian sex and more about the lesbian relationships. Makes me feel bad for mentioning anal even if everyone who responded was okay with it.

You are right, even when writing the most realistic of stories, there are some details so mundane you don't mention it. I guess you can take a bit of liberty with that and ignore unpleasant things, it's just fiction after all, just as you said.

Thanks anon, I'll just keep doing what I do.
>>
>>2057745
I'm fine with reading lesbian sex stories, I just think they should be short and to the point.

I find it weird when a non-smut story has a long, drawn-out sex scene that contributes nothing to the character development or larger plot.
>>
>>2057767
That's an interesting view. To me the point of long smutty stories is rather the opposite - the smut is the 'point' and the reason for it to be a long story is so that the non-smut parts can develop the characters and contextualize the smut so that said smut is even more appealing and hot than in a random 3k word scene.
>>
>>2057790
Actually now that I think about it, I should rephrase what I said. Long smutty stories are fine too, it's mostly when the sex scenes in a non-smut story are too long that it feels drawn out to me.
>>
>>2057794

It seems a lot of people do appreciate them, I've only ever wrote smut stories and most sex scenes last about 10k words. I like to compare smut stories to horror movies. It's nice to have fun characters, perhaps with a little drama for them to resolve by the end, but the reader/audience really wants to see the action, to see how creative it will get.

I can definitely agree with you, sex scenes without purpose in a non-smut story contribute nothing whatsoever. Even if the sex scene was written amazingly, it would feel out of place and wasted, like an engaging car chase thrown into Grave of the Fireflies.
>>
>>2057790
>>2057794
>>2057803
Combining sex and a good story sounds like the ideal, but I've now set out twice to write something that combines the two only to drop the smut simply because it doesn't fit. I think that emotional development and sex require very different kinds of buildup that don't necessarily mix well. Setting the tone of the story for one of these makes a sudden switch to the other difficult. If I'm reading something for the smut, I like to have it sooner rather than later. Some will prefer the other way around.
>>
>>2057805
I can definitely understand that, but I've definitely read stories that engaged me and also happened to have smut way later on.

Hell, that Evoker CYOA that ran here was an engaging read, if way too long, and that went over 100k words before any smut-scenes (and also had no smut at all in the last third or so).
>>
>>2057805

It's easier for me because my stories always lean more heavily towards smut, so if anything, it's the character development and drama I attempt to include that can sometimes feel out of place. There was a story I wrote once though that I did feel was ruined by sex scenes thrown in at the end, I would have concluded it differently if I wrote it nowadays.
>>
>>2057554
Is the anal sugary-sweet too or is it just as fetish fuel?
>>
>>2057831
Sugary sweet? It needs to be nasty. So nasty and intense that the two girls can't even look at each other directly in the eyes for days after.
>>
>>2057838
Then thanks, but no thanks.
>>
>>2057831

I intend to write it so that one is doing it purely to prove she's not repulsed by any part of the others body. After a bit of licking and poking, the lady it's happening to decides they should stop because it's weird, though she found it enjoyable. To me I think it's kind of sweet, but I don't know how others will take it.
>>
>>2058098

Such half-done anal is likely to disappoint those anticipating anal and gross out those who aren't into anal.
>>
>>2058098
Eh, not too bad. Just hint that they're clean.
>>
>>2058112

You could be right, I might just drop the whole idea of inserting anal into it.
>>
Kind of a long shot, but anyone here a fan of Ciceu and has her fics saved?
>>
>>2051523
which league fic was that?
>>
>>2058344

http://archiveofourown.org/works/2558357?view_adult=true

Also on ffnet under user crimsonnoble

I found it a little confusing at first but I've reread it like four times now.
>>
>>2058666
Also just as a heads up it focuses more on riven than the /u/ but the growing relationship is there.
>>
Is Genki Collective still alive and writing fics? Her ff.net profile is about how she deleted her dA journal, and a bunch of stories are deleted too.
>>
>>2058288
>Ciceu
That name sounds kinda familiar. Does she write Frozen fics by any chance?
>>
>>2048689
Touhou.
>>
>>2057687
For me it was in high school, during class, when I should have been taking notes
>>
>>2058973
She did. Along with Maleficent, recently - Carol, and an odd one here and there.
Deleted her account recently.
>>
>>2058288
>>2058973
>>2059046
Not that anon but I think I have a few. Can't remember If those include the malora ones. I'll check and post later, gotta sleep.
>>
>>2059047
I have Frozen and Maleficent, but not the other ones.
Tumblr had a pack, but it's gone because morals.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-26-00-09-08.png (60KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-26-00-09-08.png
60KB, 540x960px
>>2059048
What is it with the moral attacks going after the good ones? Damnit.

These are the ones I have, not sure if more. If you want them I can upload them later; please upload the malora ones.
>>
>>2059055
Whoops, seems like there was only one malora fic - Je Ferai Comme Toi. Here's all I have:
#!6Y4l3RLa!6wI5Q_JNB7PgvyXxbNI_adVs2ob9cGv6NitYj_pXgiM
>>
>>2057767

Though I have written my fair share of smut I have to agree.
To me the point of smut is often to bring in an "adult" element, as in showing the characters sharing a personal and very intimate moment. The important part isn't being explicit with detailing how many fingers are inserted or how violent the girl is trashing and cursing when she comes, but rather to build excitement or, for lack of a better word, make your audience a little horny. Because as angelic as your couple is, they are probably gonna bang and feel that way about each other anyway.
I think when you have written or read a rather lenghty romance it brings a new level to it were you can see barriers are being broken down between the characters.
So intense scenes who are semi smutty or just building an incredible sexual tension is usually needed for me to feel like the romance has been, concluded. So to say.

Otherwise I normally feel like the romance stays permanently in the will they won't they territory, even if it is hinted that they do have sex. As a reader you need to feel it too, that connection and passion between the characters.

That being said it all depends on the tones and moods set within the story. Some finish much too lamely for my taste others the opposite.

Isn't it just that we do though? As writers we are constantly walking the balance between two extremes, I for once cannot keep my forums post concise or interesting.
>>
>reading a piece
>it a weird one, reads like it wants to be an anime episode with first-person narration, introspection and just plain internal monologue used concurrently making it difficult to discern what is even happening
>also there's edge, but it's self-aware, sort of
>still, I was promised lesbians so let's keep with it for a bit
>suddenly Hitler out of fucking nowhere
Why would anyone spend nearly 2k words rambling about Hitler and the 6 million in a piece which sells itself on underaged unrequited handholding?
>>
>>2060349
Maybe they just had a middle school assignment on him?
>>
>>2060405
>tfw school has an assignment asking you what Hitler did wrong
>tfw you start saying that he lost the war because he was too involved in weapon design thus preventing a decent streamlining of the assembly line by changing things too frequently and other decisions that lost him the war
>tfw called to teacher office
I was told the point of the essay was to talk about the 6 millions not why Germany lost the war. I had to redo it but I regret nothing.
>>
>>2060405
It was community service actually.

See, in the very distant dystopian future of 2021 every citizen has to do community service which in the case of our superspecial protagonist with an IQ score of 279 - in the future IQ tests are 99% accurate, naturally - means being strapped to a machine in a lab and channelling Hitler's memories of writing about his struggle, plans for the lesserfolk and being hit on by jailors.
>>
>>2060419
>>tfw you start saying that he lost the war because he was too involved in weapon design thus preventing a decent streamlining of the assembly line by changing things too frequently and other decisions that lost him the war

That's factually incorrect. Three of the largest countries in the world went to war with three insignificant specks. We outnumbered them, we outproduced them, we out-scienced them, and we were just generally stronger than they were.
>>
>>2060419
>>2060717
More like Hitler sent precious resources to Russia, where they were defeated by the weather.
>>
>>2060884
But even if he hadn't, even if he'd played a perfect game and wasn't the military idiot that he was, even if he didn't attack Russia during the winter, or create redundant, competing groups, or waste time and money on unnecessary weapon design, he still tried to stop three of the largest countries in the world with three moderate to small ones.

Imagine fighting a group of 100 guys with a group of 10. It doesn't matter if you're an expert fighter, it doesn't matter if you execute a pincer attack, or decide and conquer, or grab the high ground, you still tried to take on 100 guys with only 10 of your own. The fact that you couldn't fight your way out of a paper bag just means you'll lose worse. It's not the reason you lost.
>>
>>2060946
Glad I didn't take your history classes.
>>
>>2060946
Let's be honest, it was 2 country. Saying Italy was relevant during ww2 is like saying the russian navy did things during the russo-japanese war. While America didn't win alone having the first industrial power lend-leasing to your enemies did a lot for the British and Soviet. It didn't help that Germany never attempted Sea Lion. It's all moot anyways because
>Muh nukes
>>
>>2060950
I was being generous.

>>2060949
It has nothing to do with history, it's just basic numbers. It didn't matter how shitty Hitler was at leading an army, he lost because he was vastly outgunned. That he had no clue how to lead an army was icing on the cake.
>>
Can you all please shut up and fuck off to /his/
>>
Change of subject - let's talk about tits. How should they be best described?
>>
>>2061204
I can tell you how they should NOT be described: as "boobs" and with (usually overly large) cup size, both of which make it immediately abundant that the author is a man who is writing with one hand.
>>
>>2061204
I can tell you what you shouldn't do - you shouldn't dedicate a full chapter to a character standing in front of the mirror, fondling her boobs and thinking the whole time how great they are.
>>
>>2061331
I'd call bullshit on this happening but I know better so I'm just going to be disappointed, if not surprised.
>>
>>2061204
Lovingly and in great detail.
>>
>>2061204
It would probably be safe to assume that the overwhelming majority of one's readership is already intimately familiar with breasts, so just don't describe them much at all and let everyone just insert whatever they like, know or are comfortable with. Unless it's a minor plot point somehow. Leaving the details up for imagination seems reasonable and even preferable.

Also, subjecting the reader to a overly specific description of can fuck with the pacing and immersion. And can be creepy. Though sometimes creepy can, of course, itself enhance a story.

Tldr: not too much unless it's in service of something
>>
>>2060958
nah they should put their history knowledge to good use by writing genderbend axis leaders yuri fic.

>>2061204
depends on who your narrator is. are you in talking from a crass person's perspective? sure, use tits, jugs, etc. not so crass? maybe breasts, cleavage, form.

for size, relativity works well. "an ample handful", "on the generous side", "heavy in her palm". using a single word like "voluptuous" can provide enough information for the reader. people's imaginations are capable of filling in a LOT esp if you're writing porn. i tend to believe "less is more", let the reader decide the exact dimensions of a character's breasts.
>>
>>2061353
Don't ever read Elsa's Year.
>>
>>2061359
>Crazy supremacist massmurderer old lady, sane communationalist massmurderer old lady, way older general-lady, clownish pompus old lady, oldish weak empress-lady
Yes, yes! I'm already excited.
>>
>>2061362
Yes, right, I've heard about the author's talent.

Isn't that the one where he describes, down to every individual action, how Elsa gets a game out of the box and inserts it into the console and then plays it?
>>
>>2061371
That sounds genuinely autistic.
>>
>>2061359
I'd rather read a genderbend AU where the Axis leaders are going to an all girl's flight school.

"The Reich Stuff".
>>
>>2053126
Here you go:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8a8mi375llya7e6/Tsuyazakura+Kouyuki+archive.zip
>>
>>2061362
>>2061371

I tried looking this up and found some sort of prequel that says the original was removed. now i'm disappointed.

>>2061374
>>2061367
will there be a love triangle featuring josephina stalin, adolfa hitler and empress hirohita in either of these stories?

i don't know shit about wwii
>>
>>2061775
Yes, they all meet in Nürnberg and reminisce about their youth, wartime romance with each other and the one good war and how it all went wrong. And now they are going judged and hanged by the people they used to love.

See, it could work. Have two narratives - one set during the summer of 1945 when they are all like 60 and have borne they weight of their choices to the bitter end and the other in the summer 1915 when they are all young, free and passionate and they all cross paths in Europe in a game of espionage, seduction, love, hope, dreams and betrayal.
>>
>>2061371
Yes.
>>2061775
Didn't even know there was a prequel. Also, there were three version of that fic. I can't remember if it's also the one where Elsa has phonesex with Anna and says something like "I'm touching my big 34C boobs right now".
Try here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ok2t9eyqoqrcz4c/AAD4EYLuFBpslzXbALXS3Jiia/JimbabweK88?dl=0
>>
>>2061359
>relativity works well
I agree with this. Not just when it comes to tits, but describing characters in general. Using technical terms and precise units actually makes things abstract. The constrasts of bigger, smaller and so forth make things very easy for readers to grasp. A single comparison to something and a few adjectives can make a character much more disctinct than listing their height, weight, age, bloodtype, eye color and so forth.
>>
File: 026.png (339KB, 515x954px) Image search: [Google]
026.png
339KB, 515x954px
>remembered a fic I liked
>author has taken it down, says it will be back after rewriting
It's not going to be back, is it?
>>
>>2062853
I don't think I've ever seen an author successfully complete a rewrite.
>>
>>2062907
>>2062853
the only time I've seen an author keep up with a rewrite they changed the pairing from /u/ to het on the rewrite

which is fucking garbage
>>
>>2062928
That cannot be considered a "successful" rewrite.
>>
>>2062928
...they what?

Why would they do that? Not even meming. Did they just decide they no longer like the original ship?
>>
I feel like I've seen a lot of POV shift in stories I read but it's never done in a way that makes it good. Have you ever seen it done successfully?
>>
>>2062972
You have to do it early, fairly often, and have a really solid fucking point to doing so.

As for an example. My favorite current LoK fic does it incredibly well.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/4658958/chapters/10628718
>>
>>2062972
I'm okay when they change the POV only when a chapter ends rather than outright writing "X's POV" many times in the same chapter. Then as you keep reading the new chapter you manage to figure whose POV it is.
>>
>>2062928
That's so ridiculous it's funny.
>>
>tfw most old yuri fandom are so dead you just read things you like now
I've come full circle
>>
>>2062972
I guess that also ties into another question: first person or third person, or do you have a preference?
>>
>>2062972
Yeah, it's rarely done well, and most of the time it's just confusing with all the samevoice characters.
About the only time I was impressed was in a story where the characters were pretty distinctly written, and in one chapter something didn't add up for me. Turned out to be a clever bait and switch, but telegraphed pretty well through hints and shit.
>>2063025
This writer's a hit and miss for me.
>>
>>2062972
only if it switches chapters, and even then ehhhhhh, rarely is it implemented well.

>>2063278
i pretty much don't read first person fic. there's some i read years ago that i'm fond of and will go back and read. i can do second person sometimes.

>>2063082
pretty sure this just means you're getting old.
>>
>>2063849
I'm getting old too. First foray into lesbian fics was 2007, and I'm sure plenty of other anons are even older.

But I'm still finding some new fandoms to read about here and there. Nothing comes to close to the old days though in terms of quality and quantity. I think as far as my recent obsessions have goes, Frozen and RWBY have been the most popular fandoms cranking out lengthy stories. Not even sure what the last big Japanese fandom was off the top of my head.
>>
>>2063849
>pretty sure this just means you're getting old.
I'm pretty old,my first FFnet account was made in 2002 I wasn't in for the /u/ then just reading HP fanfic while waiting for the books. Then I found /u/ in '05/'06 because of Marimite and it's been on and off since then.
>>
>>2063849
I guess it has been awhile now that others mention how long they've been doing this. I published my first story for SP! back in 2008. Amazing how time flies.
>>
>>2063852
It's interesting, definitely feels like those two properties especially are skewing fics towards western properties in so far as there seems to be a lot fewer yuri fics of anime/manga these days. I've seen people argue it's just because there's no 'big' yuri series to congregate around like say Mai Hime was back then, and it's probably true. I mean, on one hand RWBY and Frozen don't exactly have any yuri in their canon to draw fans over so I kinda feel 'well, why do yuri fans latch onto those so much then?'. But it is true that there hasn't really been a big show on /u/ since Madoka, or maaaaaaybe Love Live if I'm feeling generous. Even I myself basically only read manga nowadays, I can't remember when the last anime I finished was. And manga rarely get fics.

It's funny, since it feels like there's a lot more yuri-friendly series than before, i.e. yuri side-characters, subtext without dudes interfering, etc. But there's no actual big show, subtext yuri or full yuri, for fandom to latch on to and discuss a lot.
>>
I'm trying to get back into writing and finish off a few things that I've left hanging for a while. Would anyone be interested in running periodic writing challenges/prompts here? Just something to force us to write a little now and again.
>>
>>2064636
I would love doing that! Were you imagining fandom specific ones or just general prompts?
>>
>>2064636

Short prompts would be nice so I could publish something while working on lengthier projects.
>>
>>2064636
Yes please.
>>
>>2064644
Just general. In the old days we could probably just make it a Vocaloid prompt and everyone would jump on board, but I dunno about now.
>>
>>2065066
I'd still write for a Vocaloid prompt but there's no reason to make it only Vocaloid yeah. Too bad.
>>
>>2065150
Maybe the fandom could just be added as a suggestion on top of the general prompt?
>>
>>2053049

The accent is gone last I checked
>>
>>2067042
>bumping an autosaging thread
>>
New thread when?
>>
>>2067048
>autosaging
>>
>>2048689
RWBY?
>>
>>2067114
Is it? I watched all episodes of RWBY, but I don't read fanfics of it.
>>
New thread: http://boards.4chan.org/u/thread2067066

/2067419
You could have made it yourself, you know. It took like 3 minutes.
Thread posts: 335
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.