[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sasameki Koto is good.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

File: sasameki koto.jpg (192KB, 500x355px) Image search: [Google]
sasameki koto.jpg
192KB, 500x355px
Sasameki Koto is good.
>>
It was correct.
>>
Indeed.
>>
You are not wrong.
>>
>>2036907
Is this the one where both of the girls are in love with each other but are both too cowardly to try and advance their relationship?
>>
>>2036931
Yes.
>>
>>2036913
You mean it is now wrong?
>>
File: Sickening.png (276KB, 600x558px) Image search: [Google]
Sickening.png
276KB, 600x558px
>>2036932
Then it's shit.
>>
>>2036936
No, it is still correct.
>>
Then why did I drop it?
>>
>>2036957
It dragged on. Then useless subplot happened out of nowhere. The serie could have done with less volumes.
Alternatively, it wasn't memorable enough.
>>
>>2036907
One of those girls isn't. Can you spot him?
>>
>>2036963
I dropped it around the random karate loli. I thought it was fine before that.
>>
>>2036957
The lead girls realised they were in love with each other around volume 3, but they didn't hook up until the very last chapter in volume 9. Dragging on wasn't enough to describe how ridiculously stretched it was. The shaky scanlation schedule didn't help to keep people interested either. We got the last chapter nearly 2 years after it was first published.
>>
SSK only got /u/'s interest because back then, yuri was scarcer than now.

It's a shit manga that came out when it had no competition, unlike Girlfriends that's as awesome today as it was when it was published.
>>
>>2037281
It wouldn't be so bad if it were shorter. There's plenty of great moments in there, but the manga got stretched out way too much.
>>
Too many damn characters, with every chapter more and more characters that had nothing to do with the main couple kept being added to stretch it out

And when you get to the end of it you realise that: you only ever cared about Fumi and Kazama
>>
>>2037284
Yeah, it started quite well as a yuri romantic comedy, something that's usually limited to 4-koma. If the two leads had become a couple earlier and the manga continued with the same tone it would have been much better. Instead the author decided to introduce angst all over the place to push back the hook up as long as they could.
>>
>>2037281
The end is fantastic, but it really meanders around the middle. It could have benefited from just giving some characters a spin-off, because if I enjoyed them I felt like I didn't get to see enough of their story, and if I didn't I just got frustrated because they were wasting time that could have been spent on the main story. It was a slog when translations were few and far between, but I think it's pretty great to read in one sitting.

Girlfriends isn't innocent of some of the flaws of Sasameki either (Stupid misconceptions separating them.) it's just shorter.
>>
I quite liked it actually, though the anime was shit. There's nothing wrong with a bit of dragging on, and indeed they did practically nothing with Aoi or the other two girls' relationship, which would have been nice.
>>
>>2037345
>Girlfriends isn't innocent of some of the flaws of Sasameki either (Stupid misconceptions separating them.) it's just shorter.

That's exactly the point; GF uses its plot devices well and doesn't allow them to overstay their welcome. SSK just drags them on, and on, and on, and on, then keeps adding characters and subplots and some more dragging on the main couple.

>I think it's pretty great to read in one sitting.

I've read it in one sitting, and even then, the pacing was excruciating; just whole volumes filled with nothing in it.
>>
It's got really great emotional breakdowns
>>
>>2037714
Yeah, it does. Love the scene where Kazama blows up.
>>
File: SK-53-16.png (838KB, 2249x1600px) Image search: [Google]
SK-53-16.png
838KB, 2249x1600px
The ending made everything worth it.
>>
>>2036907
The manga is better.
>>
>>2037771
Sasameki Koto may have had uninteresting side plots of uninteresting characters but the romance between Kazama and Sumi was absolutely marvelous and worth the many rereads.
>>
It feels like a yuri subplot to a sports manga.
>>
>>2038046
This is the biggest bull i've ever heard. Bloody troll...
>>
File: sk01.png (190KB, 838x1200px) Image search: [Google]
sk01.png
190KB, 838x1200px
Regardles of the manga dragging out and all the shit we can talk about it, I think the flashback chapters were amazing, those alone makes it worth it for me.
>>
File: WallpaperKoto.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
WallpaperKoto.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>2036907
It's actually my favorite manga.
>>
It probably wouldn't be difficult to make a yuri cut of the manga with some of the minor plots removed without changing the main story.
>>
>>2036938
I concur
>>
it's still one of my fav manga. i'm just bitter that the author didn't show sumi and ushio's relationship as a couple at least for a few chapters or a special.
i feel like fluttering feelings will head towards this road.
>>
>>2036907
Yeah, I realy enjoyed.
>>
File: Sumika x Ushio.jpg (499KB, 700x800px) Image search: [Google]
Sumika x Ushio.jpg
499KB, 700x800px
>>2036938
>>2036931
They did, though. They just didn't know that the other would love them back because:
>Sumika thought she wasn't cute enough for Ushio
>Ushio thought Sumika was straight

I didn't watch the anime, but I did read the manga, and in the manga they went so far as to symbolically ring the bell that you ring at the end of a traditional Japanese wedding together.
>>
>>2036907
>>
>>2045858
Well, one could argue that Azusa is still straight and just likes yuri a lot, and that Kioyori may be a lesbian since her sexuality is never brought up.
>>
>>2050333
Azusa wanted into Sumika's panties, didn't she?
I distinctly remember that being a thing.
>>
>>2050515
It was a pretty big thing. She's the only one in love that ends up alone. I'll ship her with Kiyori in my headcanon.
>>
>>2050515
>>2052400
I always thought she was just incredibly lonely and excited to have a friend with whom she could share her (nonsexual) passions.
>>
>childhood friend
>otaku girl
>fashion model trap
>karate girl

I never really thought about how popular Sumika really is. If this were any other genre it would be a harem end.
>>
the "will they or won't they" antics pissed me off and made me drop it

What chapter do they actually hook up?
>>
>>2056720
Never.
>>
I read it a long time ago but I remember it being incredibly frustrating. The whole time she's in love with her friend who doesn't love her back so she makes a resolve to stop liking her and then her friend starts liking her and they were each like I must never tell them or something like that
>>
Best Couple Yuri

Sumika x Kazama
>>
Kiyori a best
Girl gives exactly zero fucks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzrNLbrv5fI
>>
>>2056720
Don't listen to >>2056731
They're retarded.
They finally get together on chapter 53. The last chapter of the Manga.
The anime only covers chapters 1-12.
>>
>>2057315
I'm messing man, SK is actually one of my favourite manga. I like the slow burn, for the most part. If you don't enjoy the sideshow antics I can understand how it could be painful to read though.
>>
File: 1411825805076.png (601KB, 1445x1075px) Image search: [Google]
1411825805076.png
601KB, 1445x1075px
>>2036907
This manga got me into yuri. Beautiful couple, nice intricate universe.
>>
>>2057318
I thought it was mostly realistic in how things were dealt with. I would have liked for it to have shown something from after they finally got together, but still.
>>
>>2057609
Especially since they went to college. That actually would have been awesome.
>>
Why does nip media think the story is over once the couple gets together, anyway?
>>
>>2058131
You can't add dubious contrivances without it looking like one of them is realistically cheating.
>>
My first time reading this it felt like it was the greatest yuri manga of all time.
After the second read I saw what people were complaining about. The author REALLY stretched the manga to hell.
The ending still made me feel empty. Made me wish I never reread it in the first place. Especially knowing I'll never have a SOL of their life after highschool.
>>
>>2058131
One of the many reasons I love Kase-san so much. It somehow manages to make the leads officially becoming a couple be only the start of the real story, without sacrificing any of the sweetness.
>>
>>2036931
It is, but only in the anime adaptation which was never finished. It's much better in the manga when they finally confess to each other and end up having a private fake wedding with all of their friends and family
>>
>>2062600
Which was at the same time as Ushio's brother's marriage.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.