[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Metall/u/rgy

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 418
Thread images: 25

File: Also in the alt style.png (593KB, 1570x878px) Image search: [Google]
Also in the alt style.png
593KB, 1570x878px
The pressure is too much>>2021454

Questions to expand on some elements:
What, if any, rumours surround Gold one could find in tabloids?
Does Re have a hat that qualifies her as a Top Gun?
When will the RuRh twins stop spooking their boss back to life?
Did you hear about Neon's latest album?
Why is it so hard to walk into Mithril's shop?
>>
File: A family of lookers.png (703KB, 2234x824px) Image search: [Google]
A family of lookers.png
703KB, 2234x824px
>What is it?
/u/ put their goggles on tight enough that they started shipping personifications of chemical elements, metals in particular. We started from the nuclear family of a Gold/Silver couple and their daughter Copper, and have been slowly expanding out. Done with a mixture involving some amounts of science and additional amounts of "this would be cute" when it comes to establishing an element or couple. The threads has recently expanded to the rest of the table and has a rough idea for most of the remaining elements but suggestions are welcome.

>Fics
http://archiveofourown.org/series/354770

>Art
http://imgur.com/a/XLhFm
>>
For convenience's sake, I took the liberty of porting the second pastebin fic to AO3.

Made a single multi chapter work for them, obviously they're Oz's works:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/6466282?view_full_work=true
>>
File: metallurgy.png (157KB, 5149x718px) Image search: [Google]
metallurgy.png
157KB, 5149x718px
New improved table, now with 100% less blank spots
>>
File: metallurgy relationships alt.png (47KB, 2960x713px) Image search: [Google]
metallurgy relationships alt.png
47KB, 2960x713px
Shippy table
>>
File: metallurgy ideas.png (175KB, 1549x2741px) Image search: [Google]
metallurgy ideas.png
175KB, 1549x2741px
And idea chart.

I'm making a suggestion for Yttrium: since she's used in screens, be them CRTs or LCDs, I thought of making her related to TV, then I thought: what about having her as an Internet artist? like a metallic lesbian Neil Cicierega.
>>
ReYB:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/6553111
>>
>>2034822
Based on previous discussions, I think it's safe to say Selenium's occupation lies in the field of environmental science and alternative energy.
>>
>>2034926
Nifty though their use of Lorelei to reference Re is a bit lost on me.
>>
>>2035001
LoRElei?

It's a nice name.
>>
>>2034813
So what's the story behind Niobium working under Iron?
>>2035003
I thought as much, doesn't quite fit the Reika Ogawa listed at the top but if it fits, it fits.
>>
>>2034926
http://pastebin.com/y5AwTV2H
There you go.

I don't have anything else to add unfortunately though it was interesting to read.
>>
>>2035117

Thanks!

Now to RuRh, although, since this one is quite open, so the thread has particular requests on how they want their twincest; explicit or not, any specifics, etc.

>>2035001

Rhenium>Rhine>Lorelei rock

That's a leap, sorry about that It's also a way to make a stealth reference to Yoko Tsuno

>>2035005
>So what's the story behind Niobium working under Iron?

Nb quickly lost interest in medicine, but she got fished by Ferric to work in their R&D.
>>
>>2035177
>That's a leap
Ah don't worry about it, I thought it was what you named her. As for the twins, I'd have them be subtle but cocky, if that makes sense. Pr might have a few suspicions but their continuous work and how they helped her recover after the scandal might make the suspicions just plain curiosity . Besides, if PoTl have to be careful then they should as well.

It'd actually be rather cute if Po found them together and kind of twisted their arm into going on an outing with Tl and herself. They kind of later pick up that, Po roped them into an attempt to have Tl experience a double date.
>>
>>2035191
>subtle but cocky
That adequately puts into words my thoughts about it.

A double date would be downright charming. I can see Po taking advantage of a situation like that. How would she discover them?
>>
>>2035191
>It'd actually be rather cute if Po found them together and kind of twisted their arm into going on an outing with Tl and herself.

If anything, Po would be cautious about twisting the arm of anyone, given who she has in her bed.
>>
>>2035214
Admittedly it would be a risk but maybe they're decent work friends and yeah. I could definitely see her hanging onto the information trying to decide what to do with it but I'm not sure if she'd think it's worth the risk for Tl to experience something of a normal romantic life.

>>2035206
Yeah like the twins might goose each other somewhat playfully when alone but shoot each other looks while out in public that could be conveyed as sibling love or something.

As for how Po might discover them. Maybe they got a bit kinky when they and Pr were the only ones in the building, late at night, and didn't realize Po was dropping off a report or something to Pr. Po changes how she exits the building for some reason and finds the room they getting off in or something.
>>
>>2035214
They wouldn't know that about her though, right?
>>
>>2035220
It's definitely something worth thinking about.
>>
>I'm not sure if she'd think it's worth the risk for Tl to experience something of a normal romantic life.

About that, I'm more bothered by the fact that Tl doesn't even know RuRh, a double date scenario would work better with NK.
>>
>>2035221
No, they might know about Tl being her niece but not that they're together.
>>2035229
Yeah on second pass, I doubt that Po would really twist the arm. It might come off as if she's going to but she'd probably bargain and maybe plead with them about it and consider it a favor she'd repay if they're up for going on a double date. Though it feels more like it'd come about from Tl kind of venting about all her friends going on dates and Po picking up on her niece's unconscious jealousy.
>>
>>2035233
That's fair, though would K know about Tl's aunt?
>>
>>2035235

She knows Tl; K is in town visiting NaB and Tl invites her and introduces her aunt to her.
>>
>>2035239
Makes sense but that kind of has the downside of no shared experience with dating someone you shouldn't. Sure they both have an age gap marriage but I think the twins would work better because them also being an relationship that's taboo.

Also the possibility that if Tl does click with them and become friends, she could perhaps go to them for advice that she'd feel silly about going to Po about.
>>
>>2035233
The biggest thing standing in the way of that is distance, I think. They NK live outside of the city, right?

>>2035234
If she's too obvious and desperate it's suspicious. In response to finding them, she'd promise not to tell (not that she would) if the accompany her and her niece out. That seems harmless enough, they'd shrug.

I don't think Tl would be too outwardly jealous in most situations. More disappointed that upset; she's understanding, but if anybody would pick up on her feelings, it'd be Po.
>>
>>2035239
Ah, that answers my first question then.
>>
>>2035241
>Makes sense but that kind of has the downside of no shared experience with dating someone you shouldn't.

That's a good point, but I don't see Po risking anything while Tl is still underage, she'd at least wait until Tl is 18.
>>
>>2035255
That's reasonable.

They still have their vacation together too.
>>
>>2035255
Decent enough. I just realized they, Tl and the twins, could've met each other during ceremonies and events went to. Not real sure what type of events Po would have to go to where she could bring along Tl as her plus one but it's a possibility where Tl could meet the twins before she's legal.

Speaking of legal, would it be fair to have the age of consent be a nebulous 16~18?
>>
As it stands the RuRh is half RuRh with Pr, and half RuRh by themselves.

>>2035278
>Speaking of legal, would it be fair to have the age of consent be a nebulous 16~18?

I'd say 18 for convenience, that's what people likely to read Metall/u/rgy would be familiar with.
>>
>>2035278
I imagine there are certainly occasions that Po and Tl can attend together, not explicitly/openly as a couple, but still. Even going out with the twins doesn't necessitate revealing anything (I was thinking it would be cute if Tl didn't even realize they were also a couple until she asked Po about them afterwards).

Yes, it would be best to leave it vague.
>>
>>2035282
Right, sounds good.

I'm starting to like these twins, I look forward to it.
>>
>>2035292
True enough, but I have become rather fond of the idea that Tl ends up befriending the twins.
>>2035282
>half RuRh with Pr
Alright twin shenanigans
>>
On other news, someone on AO3 wrote bits on Metall/u/rgy:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/6604894/chapters/15111004
>>
>>2035282
>that's what people likely to read Metall/u/rgy would be familiar with.

Almost all countries are under 18, though. Can't even think of one with 18. Eh, whatever.

Wouldn't that kind of put the Boron/Sodium one in a bad light?
>>
>>2035359
>Can't even think of one with 18
U S A USAUSAUSA technically.
It's why I was asking, but yeah? NaB are kind of set with the notion that what they're doing is skirting the edge of the law.
>>
>>2035359
>Almost all countries are under 18, though.

Legal age and accepted age is not always the same, tough. In France the legal age is 15 but if an adult is caught with a teenager, even over 15, they could be in serious trouble if the parents take legal action.

It's basically B's situation; if Li finds out that stuff happened with Na; she'll be in for a nasty ride, that's why K advised her not to cross any lines.

Not that K didn't make N a good candidate for a few decades in prison, but K is much more skilled at hiding her relationships than spotting her own double standards
>>
>>2035374
>Legal age and accepted age is not always the same, tough.

That is, of course, true. And good, in next to all cases.
>>
>>2035316
Oh, cool. That was amusing.
>>
Can we discuss what Tellurium looks like? I was working on the TeI fic and I realized that I have no clue what she looks like or her preferred style. Also what is Iodine's preferred style?

I might be able to finish it tonight if we can decide on those things... I'd just prefer having at least a vague description somewhere in the fic.
>>
>>2035918

I'd personally prefer that she was into "girly" clothes since Tungsten dresses like Fonzie.
>>
File: Did somebody said explosions.jpg (26KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Did somebody said explosions.jpg
26KB, 640x360px
>>2035918

With more silvery hair, perhaps?
>>
>>2035921

Same eye colour too? Oh, and also would Iodine be taller than Tellurium? I don't need a specific height.
>>
>>2035923
>Same eye colour too

Just the general look, actually I really have a clue for the eyes.

I've imagined S with yellow blonde hair and bright yellow eyes, since S and Te are sisters, maybe have Te as more platinum blonde with pale yellow eyes (just throwing it out there, but I have no idea if it'll look good, if the drawfriend is around and could make a draft, that'll be awesome)

I like to see her as slightly shorter, like half a head.

Are you featuring Iodine too?
>>
>>2035925

Yes, they're going out on their first date.
>>
>>2035927

If you're going to mention I's appearance, I'm making the suggestion that she would have dark metallic purple hair and grey eyes.
>>
>>2035925
I like the idea of pale yellow eyes, meshes well W's eyes. Would Te be taller than W though?
And don't forget Se is S and Te's sister.
>>
>>2035929
The hair might be a bit weird visually but if it works, it works.
>>
>>2035933

I thought about dark grey hair and purple eyes but that'd make her too Pb/Mo-like.

>>2035930

For Se I'd imagine her ever more on the silvery side for the eyes.
>>
>>2035935
>too Pb/Mo-like.
She could have dark brown/black hair with purple eyes to reference how it looks as a liquid and wherever the purple comes from.

Speaking of which, I feel that Bromine should have dark auburn hair to reference it's liquid form as well.
>>
Sorry it took so long but I hope it was worth it.
http://pastebin.com/bHPBSjE7
http://archiveofourown.org/works/6631348

I put both links just in case one of them is easier on a mobile device than the other. This is also my first time on AO3 so I may have the wrong/not enough tags and things of that nature.
>>
>>2036507
Looks good and the tags are fine, you might wanna look over it again later since there's a sentence or two that could be amended.
>>
>>2036507
I appreciate it, the formatting of Pastebin on my phone can make it harder to read long texts.

I got a good impression of Tellurium's personality throughout the descriptions you used.

When she hangs the picture back up, "hung" is misspelled as "hug."
>>
>>2036512
>>2036513

Thanks for that. those things should be fixed by now.
>>
File: Link to series.png (22KB, 1847x468px) Image search: [Google]
Link to series.png
22KB, 1847x468px
>>2036507

Nice! Tags are fine; the important ones are the relationship and the characters for searching purposes.

I put you as a co-writer of the series, that way you can link you work to it (pic related). When you're finished porting the other two, I'll delete what I had copied from pastebin.

Also:
>a sedan

I hope W's influence will put Te on the rightful path of the muscle car.
>>
>>2036518
>muscle car
Why not a motorcycle?
>>
>>2036532

Tungsten was picking Steel up from school... along with motorcycles not being as safe as cars, three people cannot fit on one motorcycle.
>>
>>2036534
But it'd be Te's car being influenced by W's taste. Not W's disguised maglev.
>>
>>2036532

Because it's easier to pick up I on a date

But also because of personal bias towards four-wheeled vehicles.
>>
>>2036537

I feel like Tellurium is more the type to treat Tungsten as a role model in the personality sense. It's difficult for me to explain but I imagine Tellurium as the type who would look up to Tungsten but not try to directly copy her... I hope I explained that well.
>>
>>2036543
I getcha, hopefully Illa will be able to help Texas find a happy medium for her chatterbox way.
>>
>>2036512

Do you mean the hair colour?
>>
>>2036559
I'd have to read through it again while awake but the main one involved the maglev sentence missing a verb.
>>
>>2035991

Was this decision official because I will have to make that adjustment in the story so that her clothes would complement her hair.
>>
>>2036561
No it wasn't. At least for Iodine. I just threw it out there since we don't have that many brunettes yet.

Bromine's another matter that is up in the air.
>>
>>2036564

I'd rather have grey or black for I, not feeling brown hair.
>>
>>2036564
I like brunette I.
>>
How old are Ori and Argon?
>>
>>2037196

I imagine Argon would be in her very late twenties but Orichalcum is a bit of a problem. Since she would be from the time period of the ruins she was originally found in. Whenever people get a certain age they seem to lose some of their enthusiasm so the idea of her knocking about since that time would mean that she would be very flat and boring. The only idea I can come up with is that she would be in what equates to cryogenic storage but that opens up a lot of issues.
>>
>>2037221
>Since she would be from the time period of the ruins she was originally found in.

Is it what was decided?
>>
>>2037227

>>2025668
>discovery of the atlanean ruins and Orichalcum
I think so since nobody seemed to disagree.
>>
>>2037229

Alright, just asking since I didn't remember what came out of the Ori discussion.
>>
>>2037221
It could be left ambiguous.
>>
>>2037367

True, However it would be helpful to at least have an age that she would appear to be.

Oh, also since Ori, Argon, and Lutecium don't have anything listed in personality at >>2034822 is there anything that someone wants to suggest? I have pretty good ideas for their personalities and I'll share them if asked; just in case certain people want to be surprised.
>>
>>2037377
>I'll share them if asked; just in case certain people want to be surprised.

Writing something?
>>
>>2037379
I'm working on the Argon and Orichalcum origin/first encounter... unless someone was already working on it.

>>2037377
Actually I forgot about the spoiler thing so I'll just black out my ideas.

Ori: I imagine that she starts out very confident and outgoing but gradually becomes more self-conscious as she realizes how much different everything is.
Argon: A hardcore optimist who is constantly worrying friends whenever she returns from an expedition crestfallen.
Lutecium: Snarky but caring (not tsundere). The type who tries to cheer people up with light teasing.
>>
>>2037377
>True, However it would be helpful to at least have an age that she would appear to be
Mid-twenties seems suitable.

Based on one or two side comments, I've imagined Ori as being pretty laid back when it comes to the modern world.
>>
>>2037387

I imagine that the self-conscious thing is something that Argon and Lutecium would help her grow out of. With so much being different I feel like the culture shock would be inevitable.
>>
>>2037388
It's kind of funny if she takes it in stride, isn't it? At least about simple commodities. Reading the post above mine, it satisfies a level of character development if she's helped by Argon when her confidence does eventually falter.
>>
>>2037391
>simple commodities
Can you elaborate on that please? Do you mean technology or certain social norms?
>>
>>2037395
Technology, mostly. I don't know the scope of the initial experience she would have with other people outside Argon and Lutecium.
>>
>>2037397
I was thinking maybe looters from a nearby tribe... they would eventually overcome the language barrier and help her with at least a basic understanding of the language they speak in importantville. The local tribe would be familiar with the native language of importantville because whatever country it's in would be helping out with relief efforts in the area.
>>
>>2037400
I forgot to mention that she would end up running them off because they tried to steal something that belonged to her family (heirloom maybe?) or somebody she knew.
>>
>>2037397

I'd say Lutecium would be a primary support for Ori.
>>
>>2037400
Would that subtract from the significance of Argon making contact with her, though?

You bring up a good point about language, but like her age, it could be left unexplained as to how she knows it. I don't know.
>>
>>2037408
>subtract from the significance of Argon making contact with her, though?
I don't believe so because the tribe itself would be very low tech and superstitious. However it's more than likely that I'm wrong and those things wouldn't be a major factor.

>it could be left unexplained as to how she knows it.
That's a good point; my perfectionism has always been my "Achilles' heel"; often times I forget that not every little detail needs to be explained.
>>
>>2037415
I might have the opposite problem, or at least I usually end up appreciating the the ideas of others more than my own in.

Either can work, I'm just thinking aloud.
>>
>>2037408
>language...it could be left unexplained as to how she knows it.
I actually had something of a half formed idea in my head whenever I brought up Ori in the other thread to no real effect.

It largely depended on how vague a writer wanted to play up her age since when I view her, I can see two possible ways to play it out. Leaving the age unsaid or that she got trapped and has lived in the ruins since she was a teenager/pre-teen. Admittedly the latter seems to have fallen to the way side.

That said being vague about her age with some hints that she appears older than she is, could lead to her kind of revealing that over the years she would find an opening in the ruins where she could kind of leave for a bit and find a nearby village or something and trade with them throughout the years which would keep something of a constant similar language for Ori. It also has the added benefit of setting up one of the leads Argon could've used to find the ruins because of the things Ori traded with.
Unfortunately it also paints a weird image in my head regarding the ruins.

>>2037221
>>2037367
>cryogenic storage
>ambiguous
A good way to kind of have it ambiguous could be that she would experienced bouts of lethargy in the ruins where she'd sleep for a very long time. To her it would just seem like sleeping after exhausting herself or something but to the outside world it could've been decades or more.

However that's probably not as ambiguous as I hoped to paint it but it's still an idea that doesn't involve cryogenics.
>>
>>2037769
>appears older than she is
Did you mean younger? I might just be confused but that sounds like she would be suffering from premature aging.
>regarding the ruins.
I was sorta imagining it being like a hidden city (I'm aware that it would be a giant cliché). Well city might be a bit of an exaggeration; the place would've been inside/under a mountain (don't hurt me) and have had the population close to a small town (4,000-5,000)... just please don't hurt me, I bruise easily.
>bouts of lethargy
What would cause her to stop having them though?

>find a nearby village or something and trade with them
I do really like this idea since it explain how she speaks "plotenese". Maybe some of the people from the relief effort have taken care of her (wounds or diseases) without knowing that she wasn't a part of the tribe.
>>
>>2038082
Yeah I meant younger.
As for being a city or something, I had in mind it being kind of like Atlantis from Atlantis. At least half that size, though it was more like she was the only one around alive though the idea of a small population is interesting. I'd have it in the hundreds instead of thousands if it was to have a population.

For the lethargy, it'd obviously be her distance from the ruins that starts making them disappear.

The actual village thing idea, when it's in my mind, is that it's just several coastal villages in what would be the setting's Mediterranean area or Greece because there's all these weird tunnel that are formed and then caved in by nature. Kinda points toward Atlantis being under the Mediterranean area or whatever.
>>
>>2038095
>like Atlantis from Atlantis
Oh yeah... I had forgot about the Atlantis setting, my bad.
>only one around alive
Something could have run the former inhabitants away? Maybe they thought something was worng with the city's structural integrity that they couldn't fix and Ori just got left behind in the evacuation (she wouldn't wake up).
>I'd have it in the hundreds instead of thousands
I agree that the population should be scaled down.
>>
>>2038098
Well the movie was more of a rough guideline. I was pulling more from whatever is mostly established for it. Hence why Argon finds Ori in there.
Yeah I could see whatever little inhabitants from her dying age might've left or something leaving her behind if they couldn't find her or something.

When I imagine Argon and Ori meeting, I had the image that Argon kind of assumed that she was a child or teen stranded in the ruins or something and totally misinterprets Ori's age. Whether she continues to believe such is from a mix of willful ignorance and never thinking upon it would be up to the writer. I do believe though that Argon probably has some idea but keeps things simple since Ori might get scooped up and away from Argon if her age was ever cemented. However that was just an idea for it.
>>
>>2038102
I think someone mentioned (like two threads ago) that Argon would find something to confirm that she was from that time. Maybe a heirloom or some kind of portrait of her family with her in it.
>>
>>2038107
Could be possible. Though a portrait would probably be a bit weird, a heirloom could work or just a carving.
>>
>>2038112
What style heirloom is what I'm wondering. The two choices I see are either "fantasy" heirlooms or modern day heirlooms. The difference being that "fantasy" heirlooms were usually a weapon/carving or something along those lines; but a modern day heirloom is pretty much anything made of metal. The only reason I'm including "fantasy" as a style is that most fantasy settings are during the time period that Atlantis was thought of; which would make it reasonable that her heirloom would be a weapon.
>>
>>2038116
Oh, what about a cameo? The actual item might be out of a place but a fantasy equivalent could be good enough to place there and explained away if it was ivory and orichalcum or whatever metal was prominent in her era.
>>
>>2038117
Would it just be the cameo or would it be a part of an item?
>>
>>2038119
If it was just a cameo it could be a family portrait or something to that effect. If it was part of an item, it would work better as part of a sheath or something in my mind. Depends how the author wants to hint at Ori's family.
>>
File: Te.png (291KB, 729x858px) Image search: [Google]
Te.png
291KB, 729x858px
>>2035919
>>2035921
>>2035925
>>
>>2038126

All of my YES
>>
>>2038126
Pretty Kawaii, makes me wonder how Iodine and Tc would look.
>>
>>2038126
Absolutely wonderful!
Who are you working on next?
>>
>>2038143
No clue.
>>
>>2038124
Building on the idea of a cameo, if it was a ceremonial weapon, a spear could have a carved shaft telling of the family or something to that effect.
>>
>>2038155

Well I have a big request: if you could gradually make the elements that have a profile (especially Hg and Kr).
>>
>>2038181
How would Kr look? The glow color being her eye or hair color but what about style?
>>
>>2038185

I believe it's in the profile, can't remember from the top of my head.
>>
>>2038191
Indeed it is, and it's kinda how I imagined her style. Though she had a bit of a collection of casual suits, if that's a thing, in my mind.
>>
>>2038193

I see her more relaxed and dashing, like Kat from GKC, during the party on the sentient boat.
>>
File: Te's wheels.jpg (49KB, 566x352px) Image search: [Google]
Te's wheels.jpg
49KB, 566x352px
While researching Pr's car for the RuRh fic, I got distracted and found the perfect car for Te.

I kind of imagine Te as being the cutesy but active type while Se is more high-tech and poised, probably much less of a motormouth.
>>
>>2038820
Wouldn't Pr's car be something inconspicuous? Top of the line or as close as can be but still something that doesn't stick out.
>>
File: Pr's state limo.jpg (203KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
Pr's state limo.jpg
203KB, 700x525px
>>2038821

I was thinking about some Russian luxury.
>>
File: tyfr.jpg (98KB, 800x489px) Image search: [Google]
tyfr.jpg
98KB, 800x489px
>>2038821
Sounds like a BMW to me.
>>
>>2038828
I could see that being an official car but I'm not too sure on a personal car but then again I don't know much about cars so a petrol head would probably know it better.
>>2038854
That's kind of what I was thinking but it feels generic which I suppose was what I was going for.
>>
>>2038855
>feels generic
Is this better?
>>
>>2038854
>That generic heap of metal

Since Pr spends most of her time being ferried around in her state limo, I see her own car as much smaller and personal rather than a big saloon.
>>
>>2038858

The i8 is noice, but I see Pr more conservative, I want to give these electric cars more to the likes of Eu, Se or Ce, who have a more high-tech vibe.
>>
>>2038858
Kind of, maybe not so recent or high-tech. Maybe something from the nineties. Dependable but a little old.
>>
File: 01_perspective_img_1.jpg (76KB, 960x350px) Image search: [Google]
01_perspective_img_1.jpg
76KB, 960x350px
>>2038864
I didn't know the i8 was electric... oops.
Although now I think I've found it... Tadaa
>>
File: Pr.jpg (96KB, 800x567px) Image search: [Google]
Pr.jpg
96KB, 800x567px
>>2038871

Oh yeah, a modern Cadillac would be good, nice contrast with her russian limo.

Although I would suggest a mark II CTS.

[soipler]captcha: cars[/spoiler]
>>
>>2038875
Now that's more like it. Now all Pr needs is a white fur coat.
>>
Do we have a Dr. House (without the constant pain) style misanthrope yet?
>>
>>2038910
Strontium's probably the closest.
>>
Does Radon have any occupation or is she somehow sustaining her quiet lifestyle through magic and possibly Polonium's good will? She had to read something to occupy herself in the hospital when she was younger right? Maybe that lead to her getting a job in that line of work.

Also kind of off-track, but if no one has suggested any characteristics for the Halogen group's sorority, I'd like to suggest that it's name be Eta Gamma or Eta Gamma Nu.
>>
>>2038932
>Does Radon have any occupation or is she somehow sustaining her quiet lifestyle through magic and possibly Polonium's good will?

Mainly Polonium and Uranium's goodwill, also city subventions for invalid people.

>Eta Gamma or Eta Gamma Nu.

Any particular reason?
>>
>>2038933
>Any particular reason
Aside from it looking like ΗηΓγNv on a badge, those letters specifically would be HGN as if it's for the shortening of Halogen. Well only if Nv is involved. Speaking of them, did Br ever get an occupation nailed down or is it still up in the air?

And I feel silly for not thinking of subventions.
>>
>>2038934
>those letters specifically would be HGN as if it's for the shortening of Halogen

Nice one, I like it.

>did Br ever get an occupation nailed down or is it still up in the air?

Still up in the air, the only things more or less detailed are her background (fisherwomen family) and the fact she was part of the HGN sorority.
>>
>>2038936
And that Br may be Arsenic's gf because of its use in pesticides.

I feel that, unless she fits better as some sort of firefighter under Cd and Ga, it might be prudent to just stick her in the sanitation department at some level. Well that or another chef or have her be a pharmacology student/undergrad depending on her age. Pharmacy might actually fit best because of fish oil pills. It'd be a good connector to her fisher family and her present/future vocation.
>>
>>2038942

I like the pharmacology idea since there's no pharmacologist in the setting yet.
>>
>>2038945
Pharmacist it is then, possibly. Her being one is probably contingent upon her age unless she's real passionate and it clicks for her.
>>
>>2038946

The halogen are all around 30, so I think it's good.
>>
>>2038948
Poor Astatine being the odd girl out. I suppose with them being around thirty that'd make Arsenic in her thirties as well. Perhaps she was a classmate of Br's initially.
>>
>>2038950
>Perhaps she was a classmate of Br's initially.

Like the scary malicious kid that everybody avoided and only Br dared approach.
>>
>>2038952
I wouldn't quite say scary malicious kid. More like that weird quiet girl that just became something of a loner since no one ever really approached her. However, that feels like something that would happen at the end of primary or in secondary. I would expect and or hope that the students in uni would be grown enough to not have her kind of stumble into being something close to a social outcast. Just my thoughts, but yeah I could see Br just kind of not having that approaching and striking up a conversation with her. Hell, she probably learned how to do small talk if she helped out her family with the fisher business.
>>
So what caused Carbon to be attracted to Iron and vice versa during their school days?
>>
>>2038953

I see As as quite cheeky, who knows exactly the effect she has on others and like to use it. Br being quite innocent approached her and As gladly accepted her, before eventually falling in love.

Also, I don't see As attending the uni; she would've take apprenticeship just after high school.
>>
>>2038962
I can see that for Arsenic and I rather like it. Though if they weren't uni classmates how would they have met? Something like a run in at a market after they lost touch with each other? If they knew each other in high school that is.
>>
>>2038963
>Though if they weren't uni classmates how would they have met?

During their high school years. If same school, during class, if not, during some sort of inter-school stuff.
>>
>>2038964
Makes sense though I do like the idea that they fell out of touch and met back up in their late 20s. Kind of nicely explains how they could be a couple by year zero. Or maybe year zero is when they run into each other and what not. Would allow for an old flame story to happen.
>>
>>2038967

Oh yeah, good idea.
>>
>>2038967

Also, what if they met each other after all these years while As was doing her job at Br's house?
>>
>>2038970
Yeah, well to be fair, a nicer and neater old flame story. FeC could've been done up as such in the beginning but not currently.
>>2038972
A little bit on the nose but I could see it. If Br has a flatmate, that could explain away why Br wouldn't be aware until Arsenic shows up to do her job.
>>
>>2038974
>FeC

FeC as much more drama involved; Fe run away leaving a broken C and baby Steel, AsBr is more the love that could have been back them

>Br wouldn't be aware until Arsenic shows up to do her job.

Or As didn't named her business after herself.
>>
>>2038975
>much more drama involved...the love that could have them brought back
Exactly why I said nicer and neater, though currently in my mind FeC is kinda shaping up to be a more adult parent trap.

While true that As' business probably isn't named after herself, there's the possibility that she could've been the one to take the call and schedule it. Which could be an opening for something funny if Arsenic recognized Br's voice from somewhere and ended up looking up a recent video where Bromine talks in it.

Could give Arsenic a serious case of the fantasies if it featured Br in a doctor's or lab coat.
>>
>>2038977

Pharmacists usually have lab coats, so we've got As' fantasies covered.

Now that I'm thinking about it, there's also the possibility that As went to buy medicine at Br's and met her there.
>>
>>2038980
Indeed though perhaps Arsenic didn't realize that rather cute pharmacist was her ex from the beginning of high school or whenever for whatever reason. Maybe because it was a long day and she just stopped by the shop to buy some chocolate. It just clicked when or if Bromine called for the pest control later in the year.
>>
File: Delivery_01.png (994KB, 972x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Delivery_01.png
994KB, 972x1400px
>>2038982

Oh, yeah, and Br didn't recognize As because of As' cap.

I kind of picture As as the one on the right.
>>
>>2038986
Maybe, depends on her casual style I suppose. That and I kinda see Br as someone who could easily get lost in their thoughts while going through tasks and might not put much attention in remembering a customer's face. Glasses might help hide As as well, though I'm not sure why she'd have them. Unlike Kr in which I'd have a pretty good idea for why she would wear glasses.
>>
>>2038990

Not sold on glasses for As small elegant ones would be a nice fit for Kr.
>>
>>2038992
Decent for Kr, especially if she needs them to read stuff. I think the idea for glasses on As could've come from her exposure with the pesticides she works with but that might be reaching. Might not even be glasses, could just be that she was in an accident or some such and one of her eyes are deteriorating. Well that or possible loss of ability to see color in the damaged eye.
>>
>>2038993

As would work with proper safety equipment though.
>>
>>2038995
Accidents can still happen but I concede.
>>
What does Mn do in the setting? I know she's a more abrasive Zinc to Iron, but does she also work under Iron like Nickel or does she have some other job that causes her to run into Iron enough that they're friends to a degree?.
>>
>>2039657

As it stands, there's nothing on the table for Mn yet.
>>
>>2039660
What about her being the Alkali's B from it's use in batteries? Kind of a liaison/negotiator that frequently works with various branches of the Ferric megacorp and possibly the other two. Negotiator might also fit her personality if she's a bit cutthroat which her abrasiveness toward Iron seems to point towards.
>>
>>2039667

That's a good idea, especially since the plan is to pair Mn with Li.
>>
>>2039672
Goodness that means the main Alkali family all feature age gap romances.
>>
>>2039673

All of them actually; Li will most likely be 11 years older than Mn, K is 7 years younger than N, Na 6 years younger than B, Rb and Fr are 10 years apart

I would place Eu at 36, which would make her 11 years older than Cs.

Must be in the blood.
>>
>>2039675
Oh my that is a rather odd trend. I wonder how Cs and Eu meet though.
>>
>>2039682

Through Ura, since Alkali is involved with the gynoid program.

Goddamit Ura, you found a way into this too, didn't you
>>
>>2039692
Would she be involved? It seems like Alkalis hardly get involved for the unveiling. Though it could be like that if Eu got worried about Pm's battery or something.
>>
>>2039695

She shouldn't be directly involved, but she's the link between Alkali and Eu. Pm originally only needed Silice technology, since she only lived in her supercomputer, meanwhile Alkali was providing parts for the gynoid program, then the two projects merged.
>>
>>2039699
Sounds like Ura might know Mn then unless Li handled the deal personally.
>>
>no transuranic ayylmao
robots are cool but alien girls are TOP NOTCH
>>
>>2039700

Li would've handle it personally; it's a specific R&D collaboration, rather than a larger scale joint project between corporations, where Mn would've been involved.

>>2039702

Why not, we already have an out-of-time Atlantide.
>>
>>2039702
Sounds like the making for 116, 117, or 118.
>>2039703
Don't forget the primae materia being a divine analogue with two other fantasy metals living normal lives.
>>
>>2039704
>two other fantasy metals living normal lives.

Yes, but Mi and Ada aren't supernatural manifestations in-setting, unlike Ori.
>>
>>2039705
Well to be fair to Ori, her time displacement might have more to do with the ruins than with herself but still you make a good point. We also have skynet in the non-muderous form of Pm as well.
>>
>>2039706

Also the gynoids are made from a particulary soft brand of sci-fi that might as well be magic.

Aliens like the ones in Yoko Tsuno would be nice (not their appearance, just their place in the setting).
>>
Fourth AO3 writer here. Another 200-word prompt-fic is up.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/6604894/chapters/15278581

Thanks to the other writers for letting me join the party.
>>
>>2040163

Nice! Contributions are always welcome.
>>
>>2039703
>Atlantide
What would their architecture be like? I'm thinking that it would have a dwarven style with more emphasis on water but I'm not really sure.
>>
>>2040240
Yeah that could work but remember that they weren't always under the earth and ocean. Some event caused the sinking or whatever. However the emphasis on water makes sense. Either way, stone, wood, some metal, maybe ivory or crystal for decoration. I'd wanna say the emphasis on water would attribute to more of a flowing style in buildings or just general layout.
>>
>>2040245
>they weren't always under the earth and ocean
Did the city sink by accident or was it a plan to help keep them from being raided? I don't understand how the city could be habitable if it was an accident. Even Rapture had issues with water pressure and they had much better technology than the Atlanteans.
>>
>>2040249
Don't think too hard on it anon. Just know that it's one big mystery that's largely believed to be caused by a divine act or some natural disaster like the stars aligning.
>>
>>2040253
>Don't think too hard on it
I'll try not to but I've got to ask how Argon would get in there? What I have written is that they dug a tunnel until they got to the surface and afterwards disguised it, but I'm not quite sure if that sounds ridiculous or not.
Again I know I'm thinking too hard but what is keeping the water out? I feel like that is one of those details that would be very hard to keep vauge without completely ignoring it and it's effects to lighting and etcetera.
>>
>>2040265
Sounds like Argon's going there with a team. I could see the tunnel though what might help is that the tunnel is a branching path off a natural formed tunnel.

As for how Argon could get in there, it'd depend on how you wanna play it. The Atlantis movie, and Lara in the underworld trilogy feature her finding a tunnel underwater that leads to a cavern which leads to finding the main ruins site but it sounds like you're going with a land approach which is somewhat novel.

Playing off that and what I said earlier, you could have the natural tunnel or man-made tunnel be in a mountainous region that is known to extend under the nearest ocean.

If you want some idea to use as a foundation do a mix of earthquakes and tectonic shifting. Those tend to have a domino affect in terms of setting off natural disasters. Which has the added benefit of being viewed as an act of the divine in ancient times. If you do the above, keep in mind that I know only a little so I could be wrong about the domino thing.
>>
>>2040274
>Sounds like Argon's going there with a team.
Not really... she had a guide bring her to the entrance but the guide refused to go in with her. I tried to give her a wannabe Lara Croft/Indiana Jones vibe minus the prior experience tendency towards violence.
>land approach which is somewhat novel
Since Ori is also an element in many western rpg's I figured that the society that Ori would be from was a mixture of them and the Atlanteans.
>tunnel be in a mountainous region
Already done that.
>>
>>2040284
>Not really... she had a guide bring her to the entrance but the guide refused to go in with her. I tried to give her a wannabe Lara Croft/Indiana Jones vibe minus the prior experience tendency towards violence.

What about Lu?
>>
>>2040285
Lu sounds like she'd be similar to Zip or whoever Lara's tech guy is. Meaning that she'd be helping but wouldn't be in the tomb with Argon.
>>2040284
Sounds like everything's figured out. Oh wow I missed the last two things in your other posts. The water not seeping in could just be from it being under the ocean. Ocean floor and all that could help explain why it hasn't fully flooded or whatever. The lighting is weirder, you could say crystals or fungi but depending upon how deep the ruins are, magma vents and streams could be running through them. It'd light up the ruins while explaining any potential changes to the area.
>>
>>2040285
>What about Lu?
Lu is her techy, I'm not really sure if there would be any reason for her to go with Argon. I imagined Lu to be like Oracle (minus the wheelchair) from the Batman franchise but I could always fix that pretty easily.
>>
>>2038124
>If it was part of an item, it would work better as part of a sheath or something in my mind.
I was thinking of making the heirloom a sword but I'd like to make sure that was okay before writing that part out. If it is than it would be a one or a one-and-a-half handed sword but I'd like some suggestions on how it would look.
>>
>>2040300
Super late, but it'd depend on the type of sword. If it's ceremonial go more ostenatious to kind of give a hint at the station Ori's family was in. If it's practical than well you could do something similar with the quality of the blade or the material it's forged of.
>>
>>2040284
>Since Ori is also an element in many western rpg's
Why reference games referencing the myths and not just the actual myths?

To be honest, I don't think the majority of these details needs to be addressed, especially if they're past events.
>>
>>2040394
>Why reference games referencing the myths and not just the actual myths?
For example Orichalcum in the "Elder Scrolls" series is tied very heavily to the orcs. The reason I'm trying to reference other medias it's referenced is because both Atlantis and the fantasy games it's used in are fiction. I generally consider all fiction to be equally valid so in my mind both ancient myths are equally as important as it's other appearances.
>To be honest, I don't think the majority of these details needs to be addressed, especially if they're past events.
Well I really want to make the back story behind how Ori moved in with Argon interesting and detailed since the setting for their first meeting is so different compared to the other pairs. Besides if I try to make the writing as vague as possible... it would end up being boring.
>>
>>2040403
I suppose so, but it could become too far removed from the actual original source that it might as well be something else entirely. If she's Atlantean, there should be references to Atlantis, not orcs.

By all means, it should be interesting and unique, in reference to their first meeting and their relationship together. I just think the focus should be more on them (and the yuri) than accessory background details. Of course, this shouldn't stop anyone from writing what they want.
>>
>>2040410
>there should be references to Atlantis, not orcs.
I'm keeping them as subtle as I can without the being nonexistent. For example: orcs are usually described as violent, so Orichalcum has scars, also since orcs are usually warriors she would be tough (though that also fit with the metal's strength).
>>
>>2040413
You gonna touch upon Exalted or would that be too far considering the material?
>>
>>2040413
That makes sense considering her circumstances too.

If she has a mysterious background, the uniqueness could come from how it effects her day to day life and relationship rather than from explaining the details of her past, I think.
>>
>>2040418
Could you give some examples of things that could be touched on? I've haven't played the game and the wiki is far too long for me to read.
>>2040419
>If she has a mysterious background, the uniqueness could come from how it effects her day to day life and relationship rather than from explaining the details of her past
I completely agree, I think that explaining every little detail wouldn't be a good idea. However it's nice to hash out her past in order to find out how that would change her.
>>
>>2040422
Does she still have her memories of what happened to her before waking up?
>>
Does Ar find Ori roaming around or does she find Ori in some sort of sleep?
>>
>>2040422
>I've haven't played the game
Exalted's a pnp right that is pretty weird and heavily deals with a heavenly host. Orichalcum in the setting is basically solar blessed gold so there isn't really much to pull from now if you know M:TA, either of them, you could possibly pull some things regarding Atlantis since it's featured in that pnp's lore.
Though to be fair, I can't remember which had the greater focus on Atlantis origins connecting to magic. Despite that, I feel magic should be avoided at all costs and thus M:TA should maybe only be consulted for loose ideas.
>>
>>2040425
I'd like it if Ori finds and kind of stalks Ori for a while before revealing herself.
>>
>>2040423
Definitely. Well I mean not definitely but I feel like it would be a very poor decision to give her amnesia. I generally like to avoid clichés but I also believe that having amnesia undermines character development to a certain extent.
>>2040425
That would be a spoiler...
>>2040429
Sorry, hopefully a bit of fan service (I've tried to keep it from being gratuitous) will compensate you.
>>2040426
Solar blessed? Maybe the fact that she tans/sunbathes (her having an olive complexion was established in the last thread) could be a reference?
>>
>>2040435
>tans/sunbathes
Simple enough and kind of on part with the scar explanation.
>>
Small head-up for the twins fic, it's finished and it only needs proofreading.

I've changed it from the original plan of half PrRhRu, half RhRu, as I though the RhRu didn't mesh well so I scrapped it, leaving just the PrRhRu part. It went from 2k words to 1.5k words in the process.
>>
I was wonder why Lutecium is paired with Dysprosium? If nobody is particularly attached to them we could pair Lutecium up with Francium and that would free up the other two. Lutecium and Francium could have an online relationship that eventually evolves beyond that. I know that would break up a couple of pairs, but if I recall correctly the only reason we have Rubidium with Francium is that we couldn't think of anyone else who fit.
>>
>>2040453
>the only reason we have Rubidium with Francium is that we couldn't think of anyone else who fit.

The reason it's Rb is that Rb is the only person Fr physically tolerates. While I'm ambivalent about LuDy, I'm much more attached to RbFr.
>>
>>2040461
>I'm much more attached to RbFr.
Fair enough, I just figured that I should throw that out there so we know that there are other options
>>
>>2040463
There's probably nothing to stop Fr and Lu from being online friends.
>>
The latest Transistor teaset chapter just looks like my mental image of ThU's high school days.
>>
Twins shenanigans:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/6559255
>>
>>2041484
Cute, though poor Thorium. She was probably so weird.

>>2041523
http://pastebin.com/przpE5EF
Very nice, now I kinda wanna see them introducing themselves to someone and seeing if they'd try to act as if they don't know which one they are.
>>
>>2041547
>http://pastebin.com/przpE5EF

Thanks!

Writing buffer cleared, so if the thread has suggestions, they are welcome.
>>
>>2041552
I know I'd like to see something involving Ada or Mithril but I feel that would require more fleshing out. Maybe something involving the teens so that they can be developed some more. Like: Thallium, Ytter, and Iridos having to do a skit or something and they just are wary in the beginning since the teacher assigned groups.

Or Thalium and Po-chan visiting Rn so Thalium can finally apologize for running off and they end up running into Ura dropping off Reimoo.
>>
>>2041556
>Ada/Mithril

They really need to be fleshed out more.

>The teens

Thing is, Tl is not in the same year as Iridos and Yb...maybe with Pewter involved.
I had an idea for a fic featuring the teens, but it was, once again, about Electrum and Steel.

>Po and Th visiting Rn

That's a good idea, I would just remove U from the picture.
>>
>>2041569
>Tl is not in the same year as Iridos and Yb
She could, it could depend on the situation and if she needs to be placed considering her situation but fair enough.

I'm all for the Po and Th visiting Rn, anything involving them really would be great

And since AdaMi needs to be fleshed out more, then what could be needed? Age? I'm not really sure if they should be close in age or have a reasonable gap, though I could see them meeting each other for the first time at the scene of a crime depending on when they met in Ada's career.
>>
>>2041572
>She could

If it was one of my arbitrary age decisions, I wouldn't mind, but Tl's age has been decided by discussion in the thread, so I don't really want to mess with it (changing from 16 to 15 would also change the age she moved to the city from 14 to 13, which is pretty significant).

>And since AdaMi needs to be fleshed out more, then what could be needed?

Age, personality, ties with others characters, mainly.
>>
>>2041573
Understandable, alright Id be up for the Electrum Steel thing if it involved Steel causing Electrum to run her mouth about Irirdos and not realize how it sounds.

>Age
I personally kinda wanna have a gap between them. Ada maybe in her late forties with Mithril mid thirties if they aren't the same age.

>Personality
Ada I kinda see as a more adult Titanium that's like Po but perhaps even more reserved. I do like the idea though that a softer side could be seen with her interacting with kids or some such because of it's consistent use in fantasy defense. I don't think I ever saw it use for offense.

Not real sure about Mithril outside of a combination of Silver, Gold, and Mercury. That probably doesn't really help get any sort of personality across but if anything, she probably knows how to read people and can respond accordingly suggesting she might've been raised like Gold but distanced herself from it. That and the success of her business probably got boosted by her being a charismatic saleswoman that might've gotten lifelong customers or some such. Her rings are obviously some of her best sellers. It's weird, currently I see her as like a different form of Vanadium that is in touch with a majority of the city's movers and could have a lot of influence if she wanted in it. Hell, I could see her possibly being on the city council that Silver opted out of if she was bored enough and felt like she could help.

(1/2)
>>
>Ties
This is tricky for Ada since the only one in my mind is Titantium, aside from Mithril. Depending on how her career happened, I could see her knowing Wolfram in some capacity. Possibly being introduced to Te as well at a later time. However, that's if she was some form of military and instead of treating it as a career got out and went into the police. She'd know Pr, and probably Indium or Pr's sister considering she's currently a Police captain. Ga and Cd because of overlap regarding their occupation, so probably Am as well. Maybe Si or someone within the company if Si was the one to handle CC stuff.

Mithril; I'd like to think is friends with Gold, perhaps a childhood friend depending upon how her personality gets shaped. Aluminium being purely friends if they travel in some of the same circles. Krypton depending on whether Mithril is solely a jeweler or if she dabbles in metal sculptures or the like. Something that could have her attending an art museum event. Tin through Gold or Krypton, depending on if Krypton knows her. Oddly, I could see her being friends with Argon if she had was knowledgeable of historical artefacts that classified as jewelry.
>>
>>2041581

It will concern Iridos, although not exactly that way.

Alright then, PoTlRn, and Steel/Electrum it is then.

Yet two more fics involving cars in some form, will I ever write something not involving cars?

Gonna go back and Ada/Mithril in a bit.
>>
>>2041581
>>2041584

Alright, I'm proposing 51 for Ada and 39 for Mithril (same as Gold)

Would Ada by Ti's mother? Would Mithril be Ti's mother as well?

These are all good ideas, Ada sounds like she was W's drill sergeant.
Although for Mithril, I would keep her in jewellery only, sculptures are more Cobalt's thing.

It also makes me consider retconning Lr to make her a Police gynoid.
>>
>>2041595
>Would Ada by Ti's mother?
She could be, I like that idea and the ages. She would've been 29 when Titantium came about. Now Mithril being Ti's other mother is up in the air. She would've been seventeen at the time of Ti's birth, and then the discussion of who was Ti's birthmother comes up. It would makes sense that Ada would probably be the one considering she'd have a stable enough life at 29 compared to the seventeen year old Mithril. I, personally, am rather fond of the idea that Titantium came from both of them but I wouldn't really be remiss if her other mother was forgotten in place of Mithril kind of shameless flirting with a milf Ada.

In fact, maybe Ti was the reason why Ada shifted to a drill sergeant before leaving all together to give her daughter a more stable life.
As for Mithril solely being a jeweler, alright, though the sculpture thing was more to emphasis it's varied use in fantasy. I'm not entirely sure what her actual occupation would be outside of saleswoman and store owner. Maybe something like a goldsmith that's also a gemologist? It's odd but that stems more from this notion that I have that she'd wanted to have a personal touch in every facet of her business to the point where she evaluates her own gems that she uses as well as crafting most of the stuff.

Up to you on the Lr retcon, though if anything, the more advanced the police bot, the better. Possibly. Depends on how you think she'd be used.

>>2041586
>spoilers
Well you could do a follow up for the Iridos/Electrum fic that's like a year or two ahead and involves them finally getting together or something. That wouldn't readily involve cars. :^)
>>
>>2041523
>http://archiveofourown.org/works/6559255
Still think the names are super weird and it's better just to have elements using their regular names or proper abbreviations.
>>
>>2041599
For the sake of consistency, I may agree. Not sure.
>>
>>2041596
>Ada

I could see Ada on the field, then drill sergeant after Ti's birth then she left the military to work in the police department.

For Mithril, while idea of her chasing after MILF Ada is adorable, idea of teenager Mithril knocking up adult Ada is quite funny too.

>Lr

The thing is that Lr is a bit useless as of now; the idea of a life assistant gynoid is better explored with Nb, so nothing of value would be lost. Also, it would make sense that Ada would be interested after having seen Am in action. Lr would maily used for assisting the population, white also be useful for enforcing public order.

>Iridos/Electrum

Oh I could sneak cars in situation no problem. Actually any of my fics could get rid of them (except the ReYB one obviously) I just use them as flavour, there're also very useful to ground a scene in something instantly relatable, because of their omnipresence in our lives.

>>2041599

Which names?
>>
So, who would Tl be friends with?

>>2041610
I'm pretty sure he's referring to their nicknames.
>>
>>2041621
The younger Arrhenius sisters, perhaps Terne. I'd like to believe, she eventually befriends RuRh to a degree. Maybe Iridos and Sodium.
>>
>>2041610
>Which names?
Any of them. The entire "human" names idea just seems unnecessary.

But in this specific case, it's awkward and off-putting to have Berta/Rosa being used in dialogue when the characters are being called Ruthenium and Rhodium outside of dialogue.

Was there a reason for normal names other than making them sound more human?
>>
>>2041628
The 1st fic focused on Gold and Silver which, unsurprisingly, are also used in Pokémon as character names. Hence Aurora and Agatha were christened as such for easy tagging on Ao3
>>
>>2041623
>Na: My girlfriend is older than me.
>Tl: Oh, wow, really? [sweating intensifies]
>>
>>2041634
Exactly they could bond over age gap. She'd also know about K and could ask Na how her farm friend is doing.
>>
>>2041630

No, as far as I remember the names were attached to the characters afterwards (quite a bit afterwards). They were just Gold Silver and Lead in the fic.
>>
>>2041630
>>2041637

Oh I see what you meant. Nevermind.

Still silly. If the tags are going to be extended and include the element name they might as well be left like Leads "Lead (Metall/u/rgy" instead of "Element | First Last".
>>
>>2041628
>But in this specific case, it's awkward and off-putting to have Berta/Rosa being used in dialogue when the characters are being called Ruthenium and Rhodium outside of dialogue.

Like that?

http://pastebin.com/pWphkzSq

>>2041640

I'm not particularly attached to human names, so if the thread wants to get rid of them, it's fine.
>>
>>2041854
>Like that?
Yes.

Just my two cents though.
>>
>>2041854
>Like that?
I like that in comparison to Rosa and Bobbi, which were a little too on the nose. Their speech and speech pattern was enough of a reference, and it goes along with Steel's nickname though I could see Ruth being shortened even more to Ru. Rho and Ru, the twins that are each other.
>>
>>2041610
>Lr would mainly be used for assisting the population, while also be useful for enforcing public order.

So in place of a uniform? I could see it. Lr's probably at just the right stage of gynoids development to stand out enough while also helping ease the general population to their presence.
>>
>>2042057
>>2042058

Alright, it's changed. I also changed the tags, if it looks better I will change them in the other works as well.

>>2042141

Gonna post it later today, but I think it fits the setting much better this way; the original Lr concept sounded nice on paper but turned out to be very shaky.
>>
New Lr profile:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/5814658/chapters/14599627
>>
>>2042314
http://pastebin.com/b54993up
That was quick and good. Got most everything right.

Though I wonder how Ura felt about meeting Ada
>>
>>2042323
Thanks!

Ura would know Ada for a long time, since she worked for the military.
>>
>>2042343
Right right, how could I forget that. I bet Th and Ada could get along rather well if they both kept quiet.
>>
>>2042314
Shite, just saw something I missed. The "relieved" in the last sentence in the Lr bio should be "relived".
>>
>>2042346

I don't know, Ada might not want to deal with Th's special personality.

>>2042349

Done
>>
>>2042354
>Ada might not want to deal with Th's special personality.
Maybe in small doses? It wouldn't exactly be young Thorium, though I suppose it'd largely depend on how nuanced Ada's personality is.

Surely of most the elements, established she'd be one of the ones with the thickest skin considering her adult careers.
>>
>>2042371
>she'd be one of the ones with the thickest skin considering her adult careers.

Yes but I also see her as the no-nonsense type that might not have the patience for "clowns like Thorium".

Also regarding Ada, I'm still campaigning for her being knocked up but teenage Mithril
>>
>>2042372
Reasonable enough I suppose, I could see it if Thorium came off as unprofessional though I'm sure she might've gotten begrudgingly tolerate if ThU did good work contracted for the military.
That and maybe Ada unsettles Th by being a tiny smidge taller than her, and Thorium's not used to it.

I am with you on the idea of teen Mithril knocking her up, though would they get together because of the child and realize how compatible they are, or something else? I like the notion that they were both probably hammered, Mithril might've blacked out and things happened then uni life happened. Not real sure where it'd go from there for them to get together but I feel it'd happen before Mithril hit 25. Maybe Mithril rejoining Ada's life in a more permanent sense is what allowed her to leave the military and join the police ranks before climbing those ranks like she climbed the military ranks.

Though that poses something of a dilemma considering her age and when she entered the department.
>>
>>2042378

Heh Ada might be the only one to tame the Th...aside from Ura blowing up and beating her to a pulp, obviously.

For Mithril, at year zero she's 39, Ada 51 and Ti 22, so at Ti's birth; Mi was 17 and Ada 29.

Now I want to suggest a classic: make Mi the daughter of Ada's captain. Mi pursued the serious Ada and Ada got a soft sport for her.

For Ada, it would be like this: she enlists at 18, meets, Mi at around 27, gives birth to Ti, becomes a drill sergeant, then leaves the military in her late 30's and become captain in her mid 40's.
>>
>>2042383
>Ada might be the only one to tame the Th
Well of course, when you meet someone who could fit the definition of an amazon perfectly then it's only natural.

I like the idea of regarding how they got together, my little sore spot with her age is the idea of her joining the PD in her mid-thirties. I don't think that'd be viable. I'm actually all for Military>Drill>PD but it's more that the younger she is when she enters the department the, possibly, quicker she could plateau for a while that could go through most of her late thirties and leading into her getting the captain promotion in her forties.

Then again, I don't really know the ease of climbing the chain of commander in a police department.
>>
>>2042387

Nah, she'd join the PD at around 38 and become captain at like 46.
>>
>>2042391
Yeah I got that and it doesn't really matter, she'd probably be decorated enough from her military career that it'd help smooth things over.
>>
On other news, KB9's contributions made me want to do short fics, but I couldn't find appropriate ideas. Then I noticed he was following the daily prompts of the 31-days community on LiveJournal, so I decided to have a go myself.

I will TRY to make these things daily, alongside the bigger fics, but I might pass on it the days I can't find anything (the May ones being kind of overly romantic).

This will be an occasion to feature more of the cast, and I will begin with Br:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/6683338/chapters/15284419
>>
>>2042395
>http://archiveofourown.org/works/6683338/chapters/15284419
Very cute, nice to see the old flame idea smoldering.
>>
I hope my pestering was worth it because I'm finally finished! As usual I'll put both a pastebin and an AO3 link just in case one is easier on moblie devices.
http://archiveofourown.org/works/6712483
http://pastebin.com/rSxHH1n7

If you use AO3 I put a little note at the bottom that you should read afterwards.
>>
>>2042470
You mind if I beta it later in the day?

Pretty good, if a little light on the details. Argon's personality was a bit of a surprise but I got where it came from.
>>
>>2042482
>beta it
I'm sorry I don't know what that means. Could you explain what you meant by that please?
>>
>>2042485
Proofread it and make corrections, usually grammatical ones. Like what was done in >>2042323's post regarding Lr's redone profile.
>>
>>2042395
This was a nice surprise.

>>2042470
Thanks again. To be frank, I think it would have been fine if their meeting was just been referenced through dialogue, but sharing body heat is very much something Ori would do.
>>
>>2042489
Of course not! Punctuation and things of that sort have never been my strong point.
>>
>>2042492
Coo, like I said it'll be later in the day. Poor Ori musta been so confused when Argon fled.
>>
>>2042470
http://pastebin.com/HXXtdcBr
There you are, sorry if it took a while. Like I said previously, pretty nice overall.
>>
>>2043071
>...enough skill to make silence jealous.
I used rocks instead of silence to reference the dastardly rocks from earlier; which is also why the next sentence may have seemed to come out of nowhere.
>just didn't write those hints in.
I figured that since the planks were close to water they would eventually rot. Which is why the wood's strength was mentioned. I didn't take your advice on how to fix that completely but I did add a sentence or so to allude to the idea that someone had changed out the planks.
>>
>>2043199
Fair enough about the rocks, and well I feel really dumb. Completely didn't factor in replaced planks and how that could plant the idea for her. Well now I feel a little foolish, but hopefully everything else was okay.
>>
>>2043071

>>2043199
I forgot to mention that I made the changes you listed out and to thank you for the help. Oops.
>>
>>2043201
No worries! It's easy to miss things when you have to basically piece parts together from my poor grammar and punctuation.
>>
Anyone have any requests for a fic? I would do a prompt but I tend to have problems keeping fics short, so by the time I finish the next prompt will have already been up for a while.
>>
>>2043215
Maybe something involving Neodymium and Pr? Like they get together for a monthly sister dinner or something and it's just them complaining about their work in the privacy of one of their houses, and maybe Neo kinda asks if Pr is seeing anyone because she cares and is a little worried that her twin is becoming a workaholic.
>>
Would Selenium be taller than her explosive twin or the same height? In fact, would they be identical or sororal twins?
>>
>>2043336

She would be about the same height. Physically I see her as resembling Te but with more silvery hair and eyes. I feel Se's should also very long, like knee-length and attached with a ribbon at the end.
>>
For some reason, my immediate impression of Se was with swept back light red/orange hair and glasses.
>>
Today's promptfic sees the fic debut of Hg, and...oh hello Ura, why am I not surprised in seeing you here?

>>
>>2043453
Having new content every day is nice.
>>
>>2043453
Very nice!
>>
>>2043502
>>2043512
>new content everyday
>still no Iono!Carbon AU, with Iron as the Royal Consort, CLASS-M as the Royal harem and (Carbon) Steel as Heir Apparent with the rest of her sisters in line
>and I get medical leave just when I was gonna learn TIG&MIG/MAG
I know which one's worse but still.
>>
I am proud to report I'm not dead.

I'm plotting out the FeC thing in more depth, I'll be alternating between working on it and a Touhou longfic thing. Not sure which will get a proper chapter first but they're both forthcoming now.

Also, what big things have happened in the last... week and a half or so? Been occupied.
>>
>>2043694
>the last week and a half or so?
That depends? Over the last few threads MS made a few chart and we, as a thread, finally filled out the table to a reasonable degree. Also paired up all the human elements. See >>2034813 >>2034814 and >>2034822 for the charts though be aware some things haven't been updated for the third one.

A bit of a story influx has also happened, and some well known columns got connected in some manner. The Halogen group, or most of them, have a connection via going to the same sorority as each other. The noble gases loosely know each other through Krypton, with Argon being the odd one out all things considered. Also got a few more gynoid profiles.
>>
>>2043694
>I'm plotting out the FeC thing in more depth

Where is it going to be in the timeline?
>>
>>2043694
It's good to see progress is being made.
>>
>>2043709
>The Halogen group, or most of them, have a connection via going to the same sorority as each other. The noble gases loosely know each other through Krypton, with Argon being the odd one out all things considered.

Also, three of the main Chalcogens are siblings. Pnictogens are all over the place though, except for the BiSb couple.
>>
>>2044040
>Pnictogens are all over the place though
True and I feel like that's fine. Considering Alkaline-earths are kind of everywhere as well it'd fit.
>>
Alkalis are thirsty

http://archiveofourown.org/works/6683338/chapters/15284848

For tomorrow's prompt, I'm out of ideas, so I'll just drop it here in case the thread can find some ideas:

"I represent to you all the sins you have never had the courage to commit."
>>
>>2044116
>"I represent to you all the sins you have never had the courage to commit."
Sounds like an incomplete thought :^)

Real talk, it sounds like something, Lithium, Iron, or Pr could use though I'm not exactly sure what they could find to represent their supposed sins. Po kind of fits as well if the person who represents her sins is Tl.
>>
>>2044117
>Po kind of fits as well if the person who represents her sins is Tl.

Yes, but Po had the courage to commit her sins.
>>
>>2044119
That is true. It's an oddly specific prompt either way.
>>
>>2044126

Yeah, if nothing comes up I'll just pass on tomorrow.
>>
>>2043694
Good to hear that's still in the works.
Get well soon m8
>>
Breaking news: Indium is captivated by Selenium's charming personality.

More at 11. Stay tuned!
>>
Writing a mentally flailing Electrum never gets old.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/6683338/chapters/15284872

Also, taking the liberty of linking KB9's new Metall/u/rgy drabble.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/6604894/chapters/15433594

>>2045494
>More at 11

But which 11 ?
>>
>>2045646
Yeah, that prompt describes her pretty well. It seems like she might be on the cusp of some personal realizations, in her own way.

>Which 11?
Whichever one comes next, I suppose.
>>
>>2045646
Yeah, that's a pretty good Electrum prompt.

>>2044329
Wait, did something happen?
>>
>>2045646
Why Yb/Pewter again?
>>
>>2045817

What do you mean "again"? it's the first time they're featured.
>>
>>2045832
"Again" in the sense of "asking for a reminder".
>>
>>2045732
>Wait, did something happen?
https://flonium.tumblr.com/post/143755351891/good-news-roommate-finally-brought-laptop-to
I stalk writefags okay
>>
>>2045845
They're the result of a recent character shuffle, if I remember correctly.
>>
>>2045845

Oh, that way, well it's to pair the spares; they were both some of the last elements not paired and the last two in the same age bracket.
>>
This just in: I didn't actually have anything planned...

So, Se and In met through a report on alternative energy, right? In is probably pretty cool, in the traditional definition of the word. I don't really know, precisely.
>>
>>2045873
>Se and In met through a report on alternative energy, right?

Not sure, the one making the report would most likely be Nd, but maybe In would've ask Nd for Se's number or something.
>>
>>2045881
I kind of like that, haha. However it happened, it not really a pressing issue right now.

In thinks Se is cute!
>>
On that thought, In's style is probably pretty tasteful while at work, but casually she might wear loose fitting lacey blouses while staring out windows in the moonlight, and it takes Se's breath away.

Hmm, yeah.

I've been picturing her as having black hair with a dark blue tint, kept shorter, or maybe in a bun.
>>
File: 1-5000.jpg (13KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1-5000.jpg
13KB, 500x281px
>>2045899

A Naitou bun, perhaps?
>>
>>2045903
Sure, when her hair is longer. With more bangs if that would work, I'd say.

If she starts with it (meeting Se), at some point she might cut her hair even shorter.
>>
>>2045903
On second thought, I like to see this on someone like Erbium, leaving In with short hair. How does that sound?
>>
>>2045913

Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm sure I already suggested the Naitou bun for some other element but can't remember wich one.
>>
>>2045915
I had the feeling I'd seen it before.
>>
>>2045915

Oh, found it, it was H.
>>
>>2045922
I was about to post the same thing.

That works out, then.
>>
Oh, look at who I haven't written about in a while:

>>
>>2046080
She's got a pretty comfortable routine now.
>>
>>2046114

I didn't include the threesomes with Carbon while Steel was taking Stellite to the movies, though.
>>
File: 1409069075968.png (39KB, 277x284px) Image search: [Google]
1409069075968.png
39KB, 277x284px
>>2046119
Oh my.
>>
A surprise to celebrate Metall/u/rgy getting past 100k words:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/5253113/chapters/15416359
>>
>>2046355
Thanks!
>>
In regards to Se once more;

She's usually always wearing a lab coat with camisoles or simple shirts. Like her sister she can be talkative and enthusiastic, if not a little blunt, but compared to her she's the mature one.
>>
>>2046494
>Like her sister she can be talkative and enthusiastic

Poor S
>>
File: 1361839352572.png (109KB, 376x456px) Image search: [Google]
1361839352572.png
109KB, 376x456px
>>2046603
>Te: Blah blah blah
>Se: Blah blah blah
>S: ...
>>
>>2046623
>Te: Blah blah blah
>Se: Blah blah blah
>S: ...

If I see an opportunity, that's definitely going to be a prompt fic.

And speaking of prompt fics, today's the day for some literally whos:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/6683338/chapters/15372940
>>
>>2046678
I look forward to it.

Gadolinium is absolutely adorable, so I'm glad she had a moment to shine.
>>
>>2046355
http://pastebin.com/Xza3KaeC
Wew being banned is the worst. Very nice surprise profile, and yay for breaking 100k.

A few things tm that I want to address; Ada's eye color possibly causing her problems. Largely I think this is just me over thinking it but she comes off as a bit of an albino in my mind and in that case her eyes should have a silvery blue tint or shade to them.

The next one is me just being curious about how curly her hair is? My mind draws conflicting images and part of me is hoping that her hair just begins to curl after a certain length.

Another thing, and this one is me probably over thinking it, but it'd probably be better if Mithril's army parent and Ada's XO was kept vague. Rank wise, at least.
>>
>>2046603
>>2046623
Being the firstborn is never fun
>>
>>2047041
Well put.
>>
>>2047033
>http://pastebin.com/Xza3KaeC

Thanks!

>Apparence

Gonna be honest, but her appearance might as well be considered a placeholder, I had no idea of what I write, so I just threw a few things together; my focus on this profile was her personality and history, her appearance is definitely up for improvement.

>it'd probably be better if Mithril's army parent and Ada's XO was kept vague. Rank wise, at least.

Sure

>>2046754

I'm glad I find an angle to establish Gd's character, for the record her shyness mainly comes from the fact that Gd is an almost completely unknown element.

Now I wish I had as many ideas for some of the other Lanthanides (and Hf, seriously what am I going to do with you, girl?).

Oh, and if someone has a particular fancy for a profile, they can go ahead and request it.
>>
>>2047091
Hmmm...Hf could be chubby.

Is there a reason Copper doesn't have a profile?
>>
>>2047108
>Hf

Maybe, ideas are welcome; I'm completely drawing blank on her, even her pairing was just pairing the spares.

>Cu
>Is there a reason Copper doesn't have a profile?

Yes; it's because nobody requested it.
>>
>>2047112
Hf has a higher density than Zr, which are difficult to separate from one another. Maybe they know each other based on that.

I suppose I'm requesting it, then!
>>
Th, Po, Rn and Reim-err...No:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/6703093

Please note that it's not a shippy fic, as it takes place before Th and Po hooking up.

>>2047118
>Hf has a higher density than Zr, which are difficult to separate from one another. Maybe they know each other based on that.

Oh, yeah, there might be something to be found here.

>I suppose I'm requesting it, then!

No problem!
>>
>>2047130
>before Th and Po hooking up
That completely explains why she got caught staring at her Aunt's boobs. Then again, if I had an aunt like Po I probably would as well.
>>
I'm going to cheat today and post tomorrow's promptfic.

Today's promptfic is still coming, but tomorrow.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/6683338/chapters/15372997
>>
File: More of an idea than excatly how.jpg (558KB, 1948x900px) Image search: [Google]
More of an idea than excatly how.jpg
558KB, 1948x900px
>>2047091
>placeholder
Fair enough. I'm actually rather fine with keeping her skin the way it is currently since it works with her known colors and would be a nice nod, if her hair is black, to the diamond part of her definition as well. The downside to that is it makes her look like Carbon unless we wanna say that because of her age, Ada's hair is graying and thus it's becoming a silver dulled by time. That might be rather fitting now that I think about it.

As for the eyes, I think they present a rather good opportunity to use any other color associated with the material. Unfortunately, there isn't much outside of blue so it's either bright blue or more of a pale silvery or whitish blue color. I'm in favor of the silvery blue since it's a rather interesting shade and so Adamantine wouldn't come across as a potential comic book hero.

Now for the actual hair, I was able to find a rather decent picture(s) that shows what I meant about her hair possibly curling after a certain length though the center one is more of how I imagine her hair 'curls' than at what length. Obviously though, she probably got into the habit of keeping it short for military regulations and ended up keeping it short as she progressed through life. I imagine that if she ever gets more of a managerial promotion in the force she might let her hair grow out a bit. Maybe to please Mithril and to finally let her daughter see what she looks like with it. Could also probably slip in a little tease about understanding why her daughter likes to keep her hair short.
>>
>>2047283

All good ideas, updated the profile.
>>
>>2047130
This story really made my day. They're my favorite.

>No problem!
Thanks!
>>
>>2047130
http://pastebin.com/6ANZCxgk
Very niceu.

I don't got much to odd outside of the idea that maybe, and this is a big maybe, the city and it's surrounding areas never implemented any sort of incest laws. Sure, it was still frowned upon very much considering it's a taboo but the lack of a law would make it less...illegal? PoTl still have to be kind of careful since Tl's a minor and all.
>>
>>2047470
>http://pastebin.com/6ANZCxgk

Thanks!

>Incest laws

There's no real need for incest laws, as the nasty parts of incest are usually already covered by other bits of legislation.

Usually laws specifically concerning incest just prohibit marriage within the family.
>>
>>2047519
>Usually laws specifically concerning incest just prohibit marriage within the family.
I kind of wish, over in eaglestan they get oddly specific and go into how penetration is what's illegal between family members or some other weird stuff.

Ignoring that and this is a bit of an odd request, but you wouldn't happen to have the list of names you used for tagging purposes? I know they got kind of removed, but I'd like to have them floating around for posterity's sake.
>>
>>2047557
>laws

I think it would be useful for me to say that the Metall/u/rgy's legal framework, as I write it, is heavily based on France's legal framework.

Historically in France, incest has never been a crime per se, however it counts as an aggravating circumstance in case of a sexual assault. Then, after the revolution, marriage within the family got outlawed, but that's about it regarding the legislation of incest.

(There's also a supposed definition of what counts as a sexual act, and it's limited to penetration, but good luck trying to convince a judge that oral is not a sexual act)

>Human names

Sure, when I get a hold on my excel spreadsheet.
>>
>>2047587
Fair enough, though I gotta say you french girls have all the luck. Having the potential to make out with a hot aunt or sister must be nice. I kid, for the most part. Interesting to note though about the aggravated thing, I think one of the reasons why burgerclap got so specific with its laws could probably be traced back to the Puritans since they love to ruin fun.

Also since the names are up, did you happen to think of one for Adamantine when you wrote up her profile or was it just real quickly thrown together kind of like her appearance?
>>
>>2047594
>its laws could probably be traced back to the Puritans since they love to ruin fun.

Well, France sure has a different history with religion than the anglo-saxon world; despite being a catholic country, its history is littered with middle fingers thrown at the church, some ancient one are barely believable.

>Ada's name

I didn't have time to think of a name for Ada before they got removed, sorry.
>>
>>2047602
Sounds like a fun read, I'll have to look up french history sometime.
>Sorry
No need to be, m8. First name is pretty obvious, either Ada or just Adaline. What's puzzling me is the last name since I can't think of a decent one. Unless I wanna use Adams as kind of a joke on Adamas.
>>
>>2047611
>Sounds like a fun read, I'll have to look up french history sometime.

It's a wild ride; one of my favourite stories is the king Philippe le Bel, not happy with to power the church has, especially about establishing taxes, sent some of his men after the pope Boniface VIII, and they beat the pope to a pulp, inside a church.

Those were very different times.
>>
Are there any ideas for Mithril and Titanium's appearance? If not, I'd like to suggest that Mithril could probably do wonders with a svelte build with a bust on the smaller side to compliment Ada's amazonian physique.
>>
>>2047635

Sounds good, especially as Mithril's main aspect is its lightness.

>>2047557
>but you wouldn't happen to have the list of names you used for tagging purposes?

Not all elements had them, though.

Hydrogen: Haruko Uchu
Lithium: Lilian Alkali
Sodium: Natalya Alkali
Potassium: Katerina Alkali
Rubidium: Ruby Alkali
Caesium: Csilla Alkali
Caesium: Françoise Alkali
Magnesium: _______ Magnesia
Calcium: Carole Lime
Strontium : Sri Allman
Barium: Barbara Davy
Radium: Rachel Fryer
Lanthanum: Laura Mosander
Actinium: Acacia Geiger-Müller
Cerium: Cecilia Demeter
Thorium: Thekla Müller
Praseodymium: Prisca Didyme
Protactinium: Patricia Geiger
Neodymium: Nadia Didyme
Uranium: Uzal Shamayim
Samarium: Smiljana Bykhovetsa
Neptunium: Nephele Bouvard
Europium: Eugenie Demarçay
Gadolinium: Gerda Turku
Terbium: Tabitha Arrhenius
Holmium: Dyane Lecoq
Dysprosium: Hortensia Gadolin
Erbium: Erica Arrhenius
Thulium: Tomasa Gadolin
Ytterbium : Ysabal Arrhenius
Lutetium: Lucie Haussmann
Zirconium: Zrinka Zargun
Hafnium: Hefina Bohr
Vanadium: Vanessa Frejya
Tungsten: Walentyna Szelit
Molybdenum: Moira Knaben
Technetium: Tacey Knaben
Manganese: Mneme Magnesia
Rhenium: Reika Ogawa
Ruthenium: Rufina Lutece

1/2
>>
>>2047756

2/2

Rhodium: Rhihanna Lutece
Silver: Agatha Thaler
Gold : Aurora Fiorino
Zinc: Zenais Camaros
Cadmium: Candace Calamine
Mercury: Hildegard Torr
Boron: Bala Tincal
Gallium: Gabrielle de Boisbaudran
Indium: Ingrid Woad
Thallium: Talitha Skłodowska
Lead: Phoebe Bergman
Nitrogen: Nolwenn Adhair
Phosphorus: Piroska Lucifer
Arsenic: Astrid Niccolite
Antimony: Sabine Carver
Bismuth: Bianca Bergman
Oxygen: Olivia Adhair
Sulfur: Samantha Chalcos
Selenium: Selima Chalcos
Tellurium: Telma Chalcos
Polonium: Polina Skłodowska
Chlorine: Claudine Gusteau
Bromine: Brigitte Löwig-Balard
Iodine: Ilsa Sanders
Argon: Ariella Blond
Radon: Renata Skłodowska
>>
Yesterday's promptfic:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/6683338/chapters/15372973
>>
>>2047876
Poor Acti seems she picked up aunt Ura's temper but with it being on a hair trigger.
>>
>>2034671
oh wow, I haven't been to /u/ in ages and I can't believe this is a thing. I gladly welcome it!
>>
>>2047879

She's by far the character with the most volatile temper; Potassium is calm and reasonable in comparison.

>>2047880

Welcome in this place where no yuri googles are too powerful.
>>
>>2047756
>>2047759
Wasn't there a suggestion for Helium a while back?
>>
>>2048070
Found it.
http://deploy.loveisover.me/u/thread/2007187/#2014435

Helen Soleil. (I assume it's just "He" and then "sol" as in "sun"?)
>>
>>2048074
not bad though it makes me want to see HeNe dressed like Soleil and Ophelia from Fire Emblem
>>
>>2048185
But would helium be as non-busty as them? Won't be a problem for Neon though.
>>
Have some basic promptfic:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/6683338/chapters/15383302
>>
>>2048493
Rubidium seems very sweet.
>>
>>2048521

She's a bit of a Uranium lite, in the sense that she's the link between isolated characters and the rest of the setting.
>>
[insert GKC reference here]

http://archiveofourown.org/works/6683338/chapters/15383350

Also, KB9 did a drabble:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/6604894/chapters/15561382
>>
>>2049058
Nice and lewd.
>>
Oh wow, an actual slice-of-life promptfic, that's a first...after 10 chapters:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/6683338/chapters/15383362

I'll make a shortfic on request for the one who gets the reference

Also, today I nagged flonium: https://flonium.tumblr.com/post/144239578966/send-me-a-character-and-ill-tell-you-facts
>>
>>2049580
It's super friends, isn't it?
>>
>>2049580
Any drama where the two chicks are friends for a long time but they miraculously got together. Or GKC
>>
>>2049695
>>2049699

But what specifically? (nah it's not GKC)
>>
>>2049864
Stretch.
>>
>>2049868

It is, make your wish.

I'm still mad
>>
>>2049872
Anything with Po and Tl.

Me too.
>>
>>2049876

You got it.
>>
>>2049879
Thank you.
>>
>>2049580
>https://flonium.tumblr.com/post/144239578966/send-me-a-character-and-ill-tell-you-facts
Poor Iron, maybe one day she'll encounter someone that shocks her system into realization.
>>
File: S.jpg (57KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
S.jpg
57KB, 500x281px
(pic related)

http://archiveofourown.org/works/6683338/chapters/15383410

Also, some more flonium nagging:

https://flonium.tumblr.com/post/144279206866/im-really-holding-back-about-asking-you-facts-for
>>
>>2050268
You could solve world hunger with that much spaghetti.
>>
It's one of these mornings...

http://archiveofourown.org/works/6683338/chapters/15383455
>>
>>2050881
Oh my, how lewd.
>>
>>2050885

I don't why these last couple of pieces have been on the lewd side. Tomorrow will be much more SFW, I've also got the Copper profile and a Steel and Electrum fic.

And then the lewds with pick up again with the PoTl fic I owe to an anon
>>
>>2050889
>Spoilers
Oh goodness, the vapors. How could you tease the two or three remaining anons in the thread?
>>
>>2050889
The anticipation is palpable!
>>
>>2050891
>>2050893

Hope I can deliver, it'll be lewd, but not explicit.
>>
>>2050900
That's perfectly fine, I look forward to it.
>>
So, who do we know the least about?
>>
>>2050903
Mithril, Sr, Ca, Ba, Hf, the middle Arrhenius sisters, most of the newer ones.
>>
>>2050905
I'll admit, my mind's a blank right now.
>>
>>2050918

Eu is fairly known about; she's featured in a fic and has many other mentions.

Pewter, however...not for long, though
>>
>>2050913
Mithril, Sr, Ca, Ba, Hf, Nd(kinda), Sm, Er, Tm, Dy, Lu, As, Cd, Ga, S, P, Se(kinda), In(kinda), Cl, Pu(kinda), La, Ho, and Eu(kinda).
I'm sure I missed some, but the (kinda)s are for those that have ideas bounced around and/or are a bit more involved compared to the others.
>>
>>2050921
Oh right the cyborg one, how could I forget her appearance. All right I guess she could be discounted. And damn I forgot the children.
I need to stop being autistic or mistakes
>>
>>2050924

Electrum has three written pieces, Iridosmine one, Steel and Terne have some substantial appearances...meanwhile, poor Pewter who's one of the first characters only got some dialogue-less scraps in an Electrum fic.

Her proper debut is near, though[/spolier]
>>
>>2050929
Stellite also has a piece. Man Pewter really did get shafted
>>
The spam filter wanted to make it complicated, so have a pastebin instead:

http://pastebin.com/4zRtRJjW

Also, Copper profile today.
>>
>>2051109
Quit honestly I'm digging the symbols in the logo but I think the banner should read "For science and sapphism'.
Only roster suggestions would be Ori and Ada but that's getting a bit meta more than anything else. Maybe Mithril if she exemplifies the adjective svelte and someone can't find a justification for using Ada. Maybe one of the gynoids as well.
>>
The thing with the roster is that not every element will have proper aesthetics; the one who won't, will have a boxhead instead(like Purest form of love), and for boxheads, I'd like to keep them within the periodic table.

Ti can stand in for their mothers.
>>
>>2051116

Forgot to add; I'm also suggesting Iodine as representing the halogens and Gd for the lanthanides.
>>
>>2051116
>>2051126
I like Iodine and Gd, though if Ti's representing her mothers then she should be filled out a little more since PES can use height. She obviously wouldn't be as tall as Ada, but would she be tall as or taller than Mithril depending on if Mithril's short/average or not.
>>
>>2051129

Height matters gameplay-wise to that won't be "canon"

Like Iron the goalkeeper will be 205cm where I see "proper" Iron at around 165.

Also adding Mercury, which leaves 7 spots; I'm suggesting O and a noble gas.
>>
>>2051137
Oh well if you're not using canon heights, then yeah go with whatever. I'd say go with Argon for the noble gas since she's the most physically 'active' one. If you wanna involve science, then Krypton could take her spot.
>>
>>2051139

Gonna go with Ar and Kr as they represent different bits of the setting, which leaves 4spots.
>>
>>2051146
Who would Pm represent on the table? Oh also Y for rare earths. If Copper overs nobles then maybe one of the plat twins or Ir/Os could represent plat's group.
>>
>>2051172

Pm would be a good rep, but I don't want to make her a player if I can't do her justice, would've been great if I can make custom models from scratch, but alas...

Good idea for Y, and for the Plat group, how about Pd?
>>
>>2051190
Pd could work, though I like the idea of generating discussion for Ir or Os since they're the least developed in terms of hobbies and things compared to the rest of the group.
>>
File: metallurgy_logo.png (84KB, 588x637px) Image search: [Google]
metallurgy_logo.png
84KB, 588x637px
>>2051194

Well we can look at IOs with their real-world applications.

I've come up with a logo that I consider as being a big improvement (and proper alchemy symbols), but you tell me.
>>
File: dark metallurgy_logo.png (218KB, 588x637px) Image search: [Google]
dark metallurgy_logo.png
218KB, 588x637px
>>2051245

But this logo is an evolution of a more...heavy logo.

This is what happens when you go mad with the photoshop effects[/spolier]
>>
>>2051249
It does have a certain flair to it.
>>
>>2051276

I'm quite fond of it, it's nicely kitsch.
>>
File: Metallurgy circle1.png (221KB, 500x548px) Image search: [Google]
Metallurgy circle1.png
221KB, 500x548px
Here's another proposal.
>>
>>2051371
Personally, I like the second revision the most.
>>
>>2051398

Which one?
>>
>>2051405
This one >>2051245
>>
>>2051407
>>2051405
Which is actually the first revision, whoops.
>>
>>2051407

This one it is, then

Incidentally; the font used is called "Copperplate gothic"
>>
>>2051409
How fitting.
>>
This is where it began:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/5253113/chapters/15521371
>>
>>2051504
Thanks, it definitely feels more complete now.
>>
>>2051504
Might wanna check the SnPb family since you say Pewter is Steel in one sentence.
>>
>>2051518

Fixed, thanks.
>>
>>2051504
http://pastebin.com/V395YgxC
I was gonna make some contention about Titanium but then I realized how silly that would be.
>>
>>2051647
>http://pastebin.com/V395YgxC

Thanks !

>I was gonna make some contention about Titanium

What do you mean?
>>
Small heads-up, but tin the coming days, I will focus more on making the divegrass /metallurgy/ team, than writing.

I'll still write though, but it's slow down until the team will be ready, it will however have some previews of the team soon (kits are mostly done, will do some placeholders while working to the planned aesthetics).

Current backlog for reference:

- Steel/Electrum fic
- TlPo lewds
- Yesterday's prompt will become a small extra for Lifesaver
- Promptfics will most likely not come every day, but I'll still make them even if I miss the day, as I have ideas for all but two of them.
>>
>>2052111
This is inspiring me to make something, or at least come up with some ideas.
>>
>>2052218

By all means, go ahead.
>>
>>2051694
>What do you mean?
That came out worse than I meant. I originally was gonna bring up the lack of Titanium being included as Cu's friend but then I realized Ti hasn't ever really be expounded upon enough to warrant inclusion and not like she couldn't be added later.
>>
>>2052310

Well, could Ti and Cu meet via Pt?
>>
>>2052325
Sure, that makes sense. It's funny, all three end up dating women some years older than them.
>>
>>2052325
Pretty sure that was similar to the original idea or maybe Ti was a classmate of Cu's that ran into her outside of class and that's how they hit it off. Either way, it was just that they were all friends to a degree.

>>2052327
Poor copper has the largest gap.
>>
>>2052328
It's the quiet ones who can surprise you the most, after all.
>>
>>2052328

Well, I can amend the profile if the thread likes the idea of Titanium being Copper's reliable senpai.

Also, with 13 years, CuZn has the fourth biggest age gap, behind PoTl (25), CePr (15), HgC (around 15)
>>
>>2052336
I figured it'd get amended/added on after she was developed more so there's no real rush to adding her. Though I don't know about senpai.
>>
>>2052344

Ti is two years older, plus I think Copper's quiet personality would fit with a dependable Ti.

Also for the divegrass team; I'm proposing Pewter for the last spot, representing the alloys.
>>
>>2052378
Fair enough, it'd be funny if Ti went to Cu for obvious because of the one night stand for C and they both got all embarrassed because Ti kept it so vague.

I'm fine with Pewter representing the alloys.
>>
>>2052378
Go Pewter!
>>
So it's CuZn or the Alkalis for the next OP picture?
>>
>>2053040
I vote for CuZn.
>>
Shuffle over when it's pertinent.
>>2053271
>>2053271
>>2053271
Thread posts: 418
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.