[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

KyoAni Thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 376
Thread images: 49

File: reina x kumiko 78.jpg (3MB, 6485x4092px) Image search: [Google]
reina x kumiko 78.jpg
3MB, 6485x4092px
>Reina Holding Kumiko arm
since GodAni keep shipping this two let's have a thread about this studio and how important is for /u/s
>>
Doesn't 2nd season basically confirm hetend? What's the point?
>>
>>1962853
The second season hasn't been made yet. The first season already de-emphasized the novel's het relationship (Kumiko was supposed to hold hands with Shuuichi, not Reina, among other things), so it's possible KyoAni will continue down that road.

It may be wishful thinking, but please don't fill this thread with 300+ posts of "bait bait het het bait" regardless.
>>
>>1962844
The studio shits on yuri. All they care is putting bait cause it sells.
>>
>>1962856
Did KyoAni ever ignore source material ending for more sales? Because that's the only thing which would give me hope. I seriously adore those two but it's hard to root for them when you know how it's supposed to end.
>>
>>1962868
Well, how many KyoAni shows actually have endings that resolve something?
>>
Did you start a thread for an animation studio that laughed at us with a yuribait show like Hibike! Euphonium? That made a lesbian character (Midori) suffer in a hetshit like Tamako Market? Really?
>>
>>1962881
Oh no, you made remember Midori and her pain.
>>
>>1962873
There are a few het endings, chuu2 comes to mind and it even has bonus side lesbians.
>>
>>1962844
You're so full of shit.
Ishihara thinks yuri is shit and weird unless it's played for laughs, and Yamada acknowledges it but doesn't give a shit about it. Kyoani shits on yuri.
>>
I see the shitpost brigade is invading again. Time to hide the thread.
>>
File: nichijou-4-12.jpg (116KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nichijou-4-12.jpg
116KB, 1280x720px
There are other KyoAni shows you can talk about besides Hibicake, y'know.
>>
>>1962945
>random hetshit the show

No.
>>
File: MugiAzu_09.jpg (528KB, 1200x1701px) Image search: [Google]
MugiAzu_09.jpg
528KB, 1200x1701px
>KyoAni hates yuri and yuri fans because it teases yuri pairings that won't go anywhere

By that logic, KyoAni must hate yaoi and fujos as well, but I don't think anyone would honestly think or argue that.
>>
I just want to say that 4chan KyoAni threads are a streaming pile of shit.

/a/ is full of unnecessary sycophancy.
/u/ is full of shitstorms over KyoAni hating yuri.

I don't know what's going on. No other studio gets this much amount of negative attention..
>>
>>>/a/
>>
>>1962960
The weirdest thing is how they're raging over something that hasn't happened. I mean, if season one ended with Kumiko getting together with Shoe, I'd totally get this reaction, but the ending was ambiguous and slightly leaning towards Kumiko/Reina. Yes, Shoe wins in the novels, but no one's talking about them in these threads. The anime can end like that of course, but there's simply no point in working yourself to a rage over it yet.

>>1962881
>That made a lesbian character (Midori) suffer
Her first love didn't work out. That's not exactly being raped to death with a blowtorch.
>>
>>1962946
>shitting on nichijou
Sasuga /u/.
>>
>>1962990
Sasuga /a/.
>>
File: >-u-.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
>-u-.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>1962994
>>
>>1962990
There's a reason why it didn't sell.
>>
>>1962999
Cos the blu-rays were expensive as fuck, even by Japan's standards?
>>
File: 1447996617014.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1447996617014.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>1962844
duh!!
>>
>>1962999
>sales = quality
So, SAO is a masterpiece 'right ?
>>
>>1963001
Because it's a shit series. Also it's not at all /u/ relevant, except for the very few instances where it's immediately followed by a 'no homo' in true Kyoanus style.

>>1963004
Nice argument.
>>
>So for the record, what is your view as director of Kumiko and Reina's relationship?
>Ishihara: I think people who meet the "friend who you were meant to meet" while still in secondary education are very fortunate. But what do I mean by "friend"? Well, it's not just mailing each other with Line (laughs). It's more like a team that pushes each other to new heights. From my experience, it's a partner for whom you think "If I study together with this person, I'll be able to grow a little myself". I'm sure that to Kumiko, Reina was that kind of existance. We portrayed that drama between them in episode 13, and I think that it's distilled even further in the movie version.

That artwork is cute and I'm sure they'll add in more subtext / bait (there's a bit about "what will happen with their relationship in the sequel" in one of the textboxes), but leave your expectations at the door.
>>
>>1962985

The actual weird thing here is the amount of Hibikek threads started on both /a/ and /u/ that stubbornly insist that Kumikek and Reina are 101% canon and any detractors must be certified trolls.

No other subtext shows has this weird cult like group amongst their fanbase.
>>
>>1963012
Managing expectations is a good idea, but it's not like that proves anything one way or the other. If you are building up to some dramatic development in your show, you don't want to announce in it interviews first. See Bryan Fuller talking about how super hetero Hannibal and Will's relationship was.
>>
>>1963020
>stubbornly insist that Kumikek and Reina are 101% canon
No one's doing that on /u/ at least, though.
>>
>>1963046
They certainly have in the past.
>>
>>1963046

You clearly were luckily enough to not have been in the threads during airing

The amount of "We won!" posts were staggering. Not to mention that it became painfully obviously that some of those anons legitimately did not know what the word "canon" meant in the context of shipping, they thought it was about the showing following a different route than the source material
>>
>>1963002
For some reason I was listening to Living like a land mine and it just fit this scene some how
>>
I think Kyoani will need to make their shit more yuri than ever now since all of their het show bombed.
>>
>>1962985
The hating started again due to porported het content in the OVA's iirc.
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=768693
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=771232

Rumors of yuri's demise may or may not have been exaggerated.
>>
>>1962985
>That's not exactly being raped to death with a blowtorch.

What the… I was talking about the feel when you have your heart broken and still you’re helping your crush-friend to be happily together with the person he/she loves. That makes you suffer a lot. For god’s sake, where did the rape thing come from? Don't take to the extreme an innocent comment.

>>1962945

You can mention other KyoAni shows as Nichijou, K-ON! or Lucky Star, but as soon as there’s a boy (MC) as a romantic interest, there’s no room for yuri.

And that’s okay. I enjoy KyoAni shows a lot overral, but I think it’s unnecessary to start a /u/ thread for them.
>>
>>1963124
You really need to stop being such a sensitive darling if you're going to post on 4chan.

The point being made is that a character winning in a romantic triangle is not a demonstration of the writers hating either her or her sexuality, especially given that she was just as gay at the end as she was to begin with.
>>
>>1963124
>but as soon as there’s a boy (MC) as a romantic interest, there’s no room for yuri.

Why don't you go to the Frozen thread and tell them about that? Or, rather, why don't you just fuck off? You're way too delicate for 4chan, imouto-chan.
>>
Honestly? I still have pretty high hopes for KumiRei in the movie/second season. Although, a lot of people I've talked to have speculated that Euphonium is the yuri equivalent of Free!, i.e. very blatant gay subtext but nothing explicit like kissing, dating, etc.

Which I understand. KyoAni, like a ton of other studios, probably want to keep the gay "Ambiguous" so that homophobics can't get on their backs for saying their show is gay.
>>
>>1962844
This show is a piece of shit
>>
I remember when I was looking for reasons to believe that it existed romantic attraction between them. ¿Kumiko is grabbing the wrist of Reina? ¡ Gayyyyy ! etc.

What painful memories ! </ 3
>>
>>1963132
Aside from Tamako Market and its romantic triangle, I’m just pointing out the truth. If there’s a male MC, the heroine of the show falls in love with him. KyoAni have never made a show where the lesbian character wins if there’s a guy as the romantic interest. And that’s okay, because KyoAni doesn’t need yuri to make pretty good shows or make us like their works.

>>1963170
I hope you're right. The movie is a recap, so I don't expect anything new from it, but the second season is a sequel. Even if the novels are het, maybe KyoAni will skip the Shuuichi x Kumiko part and keep showing Kumiko and Reina's relationship.

>>1963221
Don't forget the ending's red string of fate. That and the "confessions of love" made me love KumiRei.

>>1963143
It’s for morons like you that I feel like not replying and stop wasting my time, but I won’t do that.
>>
>>1963497
>good shows
>make us like their works
>us
>>
>>1962844
I WANT TO BELIEVE
>>
>>1963499
>Nichijou
>Lucky Star
>Keion

These are classics, most find them enjoyable.
>>
>>1963020
>"This is my confession of love"
>subtext
>>
>>1963497
I don't think you get to say "aside from Tamako Market" in a discussion about the treatment of a character from Tamako Market.
>>
>>1963502
Only one of those is not mediocre.

Also,
>classics
>>
>>1963501
So does everyone.

It's kind of frustrating. As a vaguely inspirational music show it's solidly above-average, but the romance aspect of it would be the strongest yuri romance plot in anime since pretty much forever, if only it was clear it actually WAS a yuri romance plot. It'll probably end up something that most people look back fondly on for a few months, but it could be a show that's remembered as a crowning masterpiece (in a relatively niche genre) for years or decades.
>>
>>1963007
>Also it's not at all /u/ relevant
Guess who never watched the show.
>>
>>1963524
Guess who can't read.
>>
File: 1424214866974.png (71KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1424214866974.png
71KB, 350x350px
>>1962844
Can we please stop discussing whether it will be het or not?
We got Gravity Falls and Final Fantasy thread right now that free of shitposting. Even Avatar had its threads on /u/ before the KorraAsami end.

So why can't we have the same for Hibike?
Jesus Christ
>>
>>1963525
And someone obviously didn't watch the show.
>>
>>1963529
Go ahead. List all of the /u/ relevant scenes it has that wasn't completely shut down by a no homo.
>>
>>1963528
There's a cancer growing in the KyoAni fanbase.

It needs to be killed with chemo but it might be too late for that.
>>
>>1963497
Like I said, fuck off. No one cares if there is a "boy mc" when they are shipping. The funny thing is that Shuichi is anything but a main character.
>>
>>1962844
Didn't you KyoAnusfags learn with Tamako Market already? And I say even then you got lucky because you got an actual lesbian character and Okada was making the whole thing. But Euphonium? Euphonium MCs are straight, they want the childhood friend and teacher dick, and it's not even an original anime, meaning KyoAnus will yuribait you harder than Tamako with it, and they already did at the end of the first season, for fucks sake.

You're all fucking retarded.
>>
File: 1442095809265.jpg (472KB, 1331x3686px) Image search: [Google]
1442095809265.jpg
472KB, 1331x3686px
i only care about these two.
>>
>>1963057
I never used to believe in the IRC boogieman until then.
>>
>everybody forgets Chuu2
>>
File: Natsuki&Yuuko.jpg (553KB, 805x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Natsuki&Yuuko.jpg
553KB, 805x1000px
>>1963638
patrician taste right there.
>>
>>1963638
Same. Also I agree with the onee-sama that said this is a lesbian equivalent of Free because the yuri subtones weren't just in Kumiko and Reina. Are you all forgetting these two? And the subtle gayness of Asuka? It's there.
>>
>>1963701
It's a dynamic we've seen a hundred times before. Reina and Kumiko bring something new.
>>
>>1962844
>GodAni
Go back to /a/ please.
>>
>>1963748
>Reina and Kumiko bring something new.

???

I suppose I have to admit that I don't really recall anyone spending a magical afternoon with a girl and then days later also passionately declare her love for an older male teacher
>>
Gentle reminder that it is obvious KyoAni is baiting us in Musaigen Phantom World.

Onee-sama in one episode and the same character suck the MC's finger on the next.
>>
File: 1434124150683.png (311KB, 586x700px) Image search: [Google]
1434124150683.png
311KB, 586x700px
>>1963748
>Reina and Kumiko bring something new
>>
>>1963755
Clicked on /u/ by accident again, /v/?
>>
>>1963748
A new kind of bait. Yes.
>>
File: 1435298550107.jpg (38KB, 349x354px) Image search: [Google]
1435298550107.jpg
38KB, 349x354px
>>1963756
What it's like to live in delusion ?
>>
>>1963761
I'm deluding myself that Reina and Kumiko have a more unusual dynamic than Shinka and Dekomori v2?
>>
>>1963754

Nobody expected anything /u/ out of Phantom World. Certainly not after a typical harem-esque first episode
>>
>>1963748
I wouldn't go as far as calling it "new" but they did went a bit beyond the usual subtext that they do.

But the thing is that the author has this really weird idea about "friendships". I sincerely doubt that KyoAni, or anyone in the staff for that matter, was "baiting" for yuri fans (which would have been stupid as hell, because the fanbase is really small) In my opinion, is more a case of the intention behind the show getting lost to the audience.
>>
>>1963764
There are almost no harem tropes. If this was a typical harem Mai would be the typical angry main girl who hits MC for walking accidentally into her room.
>>
>>1963767
>In my opinion, is more a case of the intention behind the show getting lost to the audience.

Oh, come the fuck on. This is the same reasoning that gets brought up every single time a show like this comes along, and nobody in a position to be creating anime is that hopelessly naive about how their products are perceived. Whether it's just bait or not is one thing, but they didn't fill it with love songs and red strings only to be shocked and blindsided when people took it as romance.
>>
>>1963768
>phantom world had no harem tropes
>Mai falls on him, tits first, then she berates him
>Kirby falls on him, ass first, then she throws him
>mysterious loner girl who will get converted to MC's side later

Yea okay. I don't dislike the show, but harem is harem.
>>
>>1963769
Never said we were to be blamed. They wanted to portray a "friendship deeper than any romance" that was their intention. They stated as much in that infamous interview.

The problem was that they used an approach that made them look more like two high school girls falling in love with each other than in a "deep friendship" (whatever that means). Was this intentional of them? No, I don't think so. You won't gain (as in more money) anything for "bating" yuri fans.
>>
>>1963771
They are still baiting. Even in this episode.
>>
>>1963774
>You won't gain (as in more money) anything for "bating" yuri fans.
Have you taken a look at pixiv recently? It was massively popular and a huge talking point for Japanese and Western fans alike, which raised the profile of the show enormously.

>Was this intentional of them? No, I don't think so.
Again: nobody in the industry is that hopelessly naive. You don't animate kiss fakeout scenes or randomly choose a song called "The Place We Found Love" for date music and not expect the reaction you inevitably get. The level of innocence you're projecting onto the creators is frankly ludicrous.
>>
>>1963767
>But the thing is that the author has this really weird idea about "friendships"

I know has there were some ridiculous ideas that the author was secretly homosexual, but I think the solution is much simpler than she has a weird idea of friendship. She says that she bases Hibike on her own Highschool Band experiences (with Kumiko being the obvious focus point), is it then not possible that the other characters/events are mixes of real-world ones? For example, the author might have had one friend whom she had a close friendship with (close enough that they went festivals together) and another friend who took music seriously and confessed to her that she liked their music teacher. Those two individuals were then rolled into one character (Reina) for the sake of narrative, which is why Reina can poke Kumiko's cheek in one scene and blush over Taki-sensei in another.

Mind you, I'm talking about the original scenes in book itself, which had significantly less pandering than the anime.
>>
>>1963771
Only it is still not harem. Please point out where Mai wants his D.
>>
>>1963788
Many harems recently don't start with girl wanting the D. The girls get their arcs later that always needs mc involvement and realize they are in love with him.
>>
>>1963771
Why does every novel spoiler say it is not a harem then? Mai had a good reason to berate him, it was fucking nothing like any classical harem anime.
>>
>>1963781
So? Being popular at doujin/fanart circles doesn't translate to sales. If they did, Hibike would be a stellar seller instead of the "ok" one it is. Stop believing that creators are out there trying to bait yurifans. Scenes between to girls touching each other are, shockingly, popular among male otaku which are the target audience of KyoAni shows.

>>1963786
Wasn't there a scene on the book a scene between Kumiko and Reina that was really sexually charged and she defuse it adding a narration from Kumiko stating how it wasn't in a "perverted way"?
>>
>>1963790
Not the case here. I can not see any harem dynamic so far.
>>
>>1963762
Yes.
>>
>>1963762
Deko/Shinka dynamic is a lot better. And none of them craves the teacher D.
>>
>>1963794
Who knows. I have read enough shit LNs to know it can go either way.

The bait is real though.
>>
>people literally defending shitty flavor of the month haremshit because it's made by Kyoanus

Hi /a/.
>>
>>1963780
>harembaiting

This is a thing now? Or are KyoAni fans actually this upset about people calling a show harem after seeing all the usual harem antics?
>>
>>1963798
There is no bait.
>>
>>1963799
>implying it is harem
>>
>>1963802
Reina is wetting her pats every time she speak about her mai-oneesama.
>>
>>1963805
Now you are just trying to troll.
>>
>>1963793
>that was really sexually charged

I think the exact scene was Kumiko was rubbing Reina's back and she could feel Reina's bra underneath her shirt with the next sentence saying it was hot but not in erotic way. That's seems borderline rather than full on gay.
>>
>>1963798
>go either way

You mean Harem or No Harem?

Or do you mean Het or Yuri?
>>
I hope Mai wins. The rest of girls are shit
>>
>>1963810
Harem or No Harem.

It's Kyoani so no yuri
>>
>>1963814
I find this KyoAni hate funny. People act like they hurt yuri fans on purpose.
>>
>>1963793
>Being popular at doujin/fanart circles doesn't translate to sales.
Are you seriously telling me that something receiving large amounts of publicity doesn't make it more likely that people will buy it?

Okay. You win, I can't compete with this level of wilful denial of reality.

>Stop believing that creators are out there trying to bait yurifans.
Stop believing that creators are impossibly, ludicrously clueless about how anime watchers perceive and talk about anime.

>>1963797
Dekomori and Shinki have an incredibly "anime" kind of relationship, which isn't helped by the fact it's been done over and over before. Reina and Kumiko's dynamic is both fresher and more true to how people act with each other.
>>
>>1963815
I don't hate Kyoani. They make nice shows. I only hate yuribaiting they put in them.
>>
>>1963816
>Reina and Kumiko's dynamic is both fresher and more true to how people act with each other.

Friends do not act this way. And yes, friends. It will end like the novels end. No reason for KyoAni to change it.
>>
>>1963817
They never did.
>>
>>1963818
That has got nothing to do with which kind of yuri relationship dynamic is most interesting.

It's kind of neat to know that Nostradamus posts here, though.
>>
>>1963820
I am just realistic. KyoAni wont suddenly turn a het ending into a yuri one. Best case would be a no romance ending.
>>
>>1963813

Mai is a doujinbait and that's all.

She exists to have a million you-know-what doujins featuring groups of you-know-who doing you-know-you-want-it to her.
>>
File: pw.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pw.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>1963819
Please. Their bait is their thing like Shaft has their head tilts.
>>
File: 54764156_p0.jpg (2MB, 2000x1249px) Image search: [Google]
54764156_p0.jpg
2MB, 2000x1249px
It's good to see these threads are already back to their old level of quality as though they had never stopped at all.
>>
File: 1432857783595.jpg (85KB, 469x561px) Image search: [Google]
1432857783595.jpg
85KB, 469x561px
>Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, and Gravity Falls thread on the catalog
>No one cares

>Kyoani thread
>"Run for your life. It's a giant shitcyclone almighty!"

Seriously, /u/?
>>
>we know KyoAni are bating
>but we're biting anyway
I don't understand
>>
>>1963816
>Are you seriously telling me that something receiving large amounts of publicity doesn't make it more likely that people will buy it?

Go and look for the sales. Hikike sold around 9K. It's an "okay seller", and remember we are talking about KyoAni here, a studio with a really large fanbase that eats up shit as Chu2 without remorse.

>Stop believing that creators are impossibly, ludicrously clueless about how anime watchers perceive and talk about anime.

Look, a producer wants to make money, right? Why would a producer expend money on baiting a fanbase that makes shows aimed at them bomb every single time? It would make more sense, I don't know, to make fanservice aimed to their fanbase: male otaku. Their intention, as they have stated, was to portray a "deep friendship" and added fanservice for their core fanbase. That's it.
>>
>>1963823
s-shut up ;_;
>>
>>1963825
That is just mindless KyoAni hate. How about you post some proof?
>>
>>1963829
>eats up shit as Chu2

Shit taste detected.
>>
File: pw2.jpg (628KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pw2.jpg
628KB, 1920x1080px
>>1963831
Did you watch the episode? Reina is blushing at Mai all the time. Is jealous about the guy. Don't want Mai to think she is close to him.

You must be blind to not see baiting here.
>>
>>1963834
That is hardly yuri.
>>
>>1963829
>Go and look for the sales. Hikike sold around 9K.
I'm not sure what you think your point is. Would it have sold more if fewer people were talking about it?

>Why would a producer expend money on baiting a fanbase that makes shows aimed at them bomb every single time?
Begging the question. Hibike didn't bomb, and this whole discussion is about what it was aimed at.

>Their intention, as they have stated, was to portray a "deep friendship"
And they had no idea that people would take the red string of fate and blushing at each other as any kind of romantic indication. In their minds there was no interpretation other than friendship, and that idea caught the group of industry veterans working for a company founded thirty years totally unawares.
>>
>>1963827
Can't speak for GF but the other series didn't have the overt focus on female relationships that Hibikek did and then throws all that out the window by having one of the girls confess her love for an older man while the other ends up with her childhood boyfriend in the source material.

It's about expectation and payoff. Same reasons Mikagura sucked, it had a premise that raised people's expectation but the payoff was mediocre.
>>
>>1963823
And that's why she is best girl. Next comiket can't come soon enough
>>
>>1963842
>>>/a/
>>
>>1963842

Seriously, when is it again? I'm not even that satisfied with the amount Sento produced

Mai is looking like she could top that
>>
>>1963835
Explain the scene then if it's not bait.
>>
>>1963847
Cuteness.

Can people please fucking stop using the word bait for literally every female interaction in KyoAni anime?
>>
>Midori 2.0
>>
File: reina patting.webm (708KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
reina patting.webm
708KB, 640x360px
>>1963834
better scene
is Mai hand, thought
>>
>>1963816
>Reina and Kumiko's dynamic is both fresher and more true to how people act with each other.

You never had friends, huh?
>>
>>1963873
I didn't play Tom and Jerry with the ones I've had crushes on, certainly.
>>
Just came to /u/ to make a Phantom World thread but I guess this is it.

Episode 3 definitely confirms yuri. It'll be Mai x Reina and MC x Koito, believe it
>>
>>1963878
>confirms yuri.

No it does not.
>>
>>1963883
>didn't even try to argue

Yuri confirmed
>>
>>1963878
Who let the hibikek retards out of the nuthouse again?
>>
>>1963884
>a girl thinks a little girl is cute
>yuri
>>
>>1963885
I smell reverse trolling. They show literally the exact behavior /a/ always projects onto /u/.
>>
>>1963886
Did you even watch the episode? It was entirely about Reina lusting for Mai
>>
>>1963887
It's just Kyoani doing the same thing with "yuri" as previously. No other shows are doing it on this scale.
>>
>>1963890
KyoAni only ever did it in Hibike.
>>
>>1963891
>Nibutani and Dekomori
>Tamako and Midori
>Ritsu and Mio
>Yui and Azusa
>Konata and Kagami
>Haruhi and Mikuru
>>
>>1963893
Define yuribait for me please. because none of them are.
>>
>>1963893
Don't forget water and fire from Amagi, Hyouka ED and various fanservice yuri scenes in Clannad with that one lesbian background couple.
>>
>>1963896
Define yuribait.
>>
Isn't it funny how the same trolls only use yuribait for KyoAni shows? Why nobody ever say Yuru Yuri is yuribait?
>>
>>1963901
Because Kyoani always attracts /v/
>>
This just like those idiots that go around yelling "they queer-baited us and didn't deliver!" I want all this people crying about baiting show me one show which sales had soared after including girl x girl fanservice or, even better, a yuri show that didn't bombed.
>>
File: 1436904308827.png (46KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
1436904308827.png
46KB, 180x180px
>>1963899
Define define.
>>
>>1963902
Apparently. The same moron is shitposting on /a/ too.
>>
>>1963904
Is this your finale argument?
>>
>>1963908
No. I'm not that anon, I was just wanted to make a joke, goodness.
>>
>>1963910
Hard to tell who is trolling and who is not. The Kiniro picture should have been a hint for me. Sorry.
>>
>>1963901
There's no men in Yuru Yuri.
>>
>>1963912
Maybe you shouldn't assume that anyone that doesn't shares your views is a troll?
>>
>>1963935
It is quite obvious some people are either trolling this thread or are just stupid.
>>
>>1963534
The scene with Yuuko cheering up Mai after she saw Gundere with Sasahara.
Any scene with Nano and the School Doctor.

And even if you think it isn't /u/ relevant, I don't care.

I'm not going to be dictated to on what is and is not relevant to this board.
>>
>>1963828
Isn't that the point of /u/?

We enjoy the baiting and then dump as much fanart as we please in support of our favourite ship?
>>
>>1964176
Not true. Baiting has an intent aspect to it. People don't like to be knowingly duped.

Other non-canon shows that contain intentional or non-intentional heavy subtext are not the same as bait shows like Hibike, although it is quite a thin line.
>>
>>1964180
And how to prove that 'intent' without the director's notes, memos of internal meeting etc.
>>
>>1964196

By just watching the show and not be blind? Two close friends being close is one thing, when you throw in the date Reina and Kumikek had, the red string bs, and all the weird homoerotic close ups, then still have Reina explicitly tell us how much she wants the teacher's dick, then yea, maybe it's a fair conclusion to say it was baiting?
>>
>>1964176
I think we need to differentiate between baiting and pandering here.

Pandering is when you have a random yuri scene in an obviously het show that's been marketed as such, like having a haremette slip and fall and kiss another girl, or a girl peforming CPR on another girl, or even having a pervy lesbian side character whose only role in the story is to hit on one or more of the girls.

Baiting is when you have a show that makes it seem like two girls might get together, but instead of the ambiguously gay ending that most subtext shows would provide it ends with het. I can't think of any anime examples right now, but something like the Happy End manga would probably count.

I wouldn't call Hibike! yuri bait yet, since the anime story isn't over. They could always play the het off as just a student-teacher crush and still give it an ambiguously gay ending. We'll see.
>>
>>1964218
That's an assertion on your part based on what you see on the show.

Not proof of a intent.
>>
>>1963901
Because it has no chance to end het
>>
>>1964246
Just like most KyoAni shows. Hibike is really the only one.
>>
>>1964230
>Baiting is when you have a show that makes it seem like two girls might get together, but instead of the ambiguously gay ending that most subtext shows would provide it ends with het. I can't think of any anime

Didn't Aria had an anime ?
>>
>>1964276

Honestly, when I first saw who /u/ actually shipped in Aria, I was very surprised. I like yuri, I mean heck, I'm here on /u/. I sometimes ship yuri couples. I've seen my fair share of subtext. But I haven't seen ANYTHING in Aria, at least not between for example Akari and her Senpai. The series was kinda straight all the time anyway. It didn't focus on it, I mean it's aimed at men with a female cast, so that's kinda normal. But its subtext between the girls was really extremely minimal, and actually overshadowed by the straight stuff.

I'd say perhaps that's because of its genre, Iyashikei, as Tamayura also has barely, if any, subtext. But then there's Non Non Biyori. And that has one "couple" going for it. Pretty heavily even. But whatsoever. The gist of it is: I wouldn't consider Aria yuri-bait. Or yuri at all.
>>
>>1964280
I think Akari and Alicia had a really nice and /u/ friendly moment in that tower episode (one of the OVAs if I remember correctly), but otherwise as huge of an /u/ fan as I am, I didn't see them romantically either. Maybe Alice and Athena if I'm really pushing it.
>>
>>1964280
Aria fans always get really mad about het shipping even though it's clearly right there in the series. Understandable since Alice gets some ugly loser and the blue girl gets a manlet, but Akari's male tsundere is pretty cute
>>
>>1964266
And they have Musaigen this season
>>
>>1964353
Get this sick fuck out of here, calling a man cute.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU
>>
>>1964648
I support both yuri and het as long as it's cute
>>
>>1964353
>>1964692
get out.
>>
https://ultimatemegax.wordpress.com/2016/01/26/animestyle-007-sound-euphonium-interview-director-tatsuya-ishihara-series-director-naoko-yamada-part-2/

Yamada confirms neither Hibike nor Tamako were yuri, nor she intended to write one. She even explicitely tells that red thread in Hibike Ed means nothing.
>>
>>1968242
Wow man, just wow.
So we are being asked to believe this director had NO clue as to how people would interpret her scenes?
Someone is lying here. She cannot be that stupid.
>>
>>1968242
laughing_rapists.jpg

Now that this is out of the way, what's the next big yuri anime /u/ should look forward to? Pandora isn't bad but feels a bit too cutsey.
>>
>>1968242
>https://ultimatemegax.wordpress.com/2016/01/26/animestyle-007-sound-euphonium-interview-director-tatsuya-ishihara-series-director-naoko-yamada-part-2/

That should bury the Hibikek nonsense once and for all. Good riddance.
>>
>>1968242
>Tamako
How could interpret that not gay? Like I give the Hibibait, but that was full on tomoyo fun times
>>
>>1968245
She explains it in interview. Reina is just possessive and random and impulsive in her actions, so she tries to immidiately control and posses Kumiko as her own thing.

Kumiko on other hand is very easily influenced and suggestible, so goes with the moment.

As excuse, Reina`s confession she loves Taki Sensei is pretty out of nowhere too, though has background in past events and knowing him from before.
>>
>>1968249
Midori has platinic adoration of Tamako as her ideal. She is merely depressed, Tamako gets tained and stolen by outsider. The show is about adolescense, and while for Tamako it means to get out of childish phase of ignorance and open to her and others feelings - for Midori it means to stop being attached and get over it.
>>
Kyoani:

Where the trolls aren't trolls, just people with common sense.
>>
>>1968254

What are you even talking about?
>>
File: 1449005003616.jpg (75KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1449005003616.jpg
75KB, 1280x720px
>>1968242
>Midori wasn't really in love with Tamako
>it was just "adolescence"
Yamada is now Satan.
>>
>>1968262
In most yuri anime, the things the fucking writer is saying would be complete troll garbage that should not be taken seriously.

Here, it's actually true.
>>
>>1968267
>adolescence
It was just a phase all along.
>>
>>1968267
I am starting to sincerely doubt that woman's comprehension of female interaction, or she is deliberately lying.
>>
>>1968267
Yuriphonium being discredited was expected, but I'm just amazed they managed to drag Tamako Market up from the grave just to take a piss on it too. I can't help but laugh at it. The "Kyoani hates yuri" people were right all along.
>>
File: oh no.webm (329KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
oh no.webm
329KB, 960x540px
>>1968247
>>
>>1968274
As I said in an earlier thread:

Friends DO act this way. It is not necessarily yuri.
That does not mean it'd not have worked as yuri. It would. But it can just be friendship. I have friendships with other women like that, and so do most of my friends - including the ones with boyfriends and a "gay is ick" opinion.
>>
>>1968275
If you were actually here for the threads when it was airing, you'd know yuri fans went very deeply into the emotions, motives, and psychology that was on display. They just interpreted it in a natural way, while Yamada is delusional about what's going on. Ishihara even calls her out for it in the interview.
>>
I think it's about time to end this thread
>>
File: Reina.jpg (56KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Reina.jpg
56KB, 1280x720px
>>1968284
But we have a new Kyoani yuri anime to discuss now.
>>
Hibike was one thing, but when people went on about KyoAni "baiting" in Tamako Market, I was always one of the first to say that a lesbian not winning her crush isn't the same thing as her turning out not to have ever been a lesbian in the first place, and that Midori was a great and subtle if slightly tragic character. I'm actually kind of impressed that they managed to go back and stomp all over even that technicality.
>>
>>1968289
Yamada disagrees
>>
File: 1380123144704.jpg (53KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1380123144704.jpg
53KB, 1280x720px
>>1968288
How many times has Kyoani shit on yuri at this point. "Oh it's just a phase, they never had feelings for each other."

Even when they're clearly being more than friends or one girl, in the case of Tamako Market, is obviously crushing. Look at this pic for instance.

Never falling for Kyoani's bullshit again.
>>
>>1968291
Well done for identifying the context of that comment, anon.
>>
>>1968290
Won't stop Kyoani from giving us ambiguous scenes with Reina and Mai. Once again there is more tension between two girls than mc and any of the girls.
>>
>>1968292
>Never falling for Kyoani's bullshit again.
You say it now, yet it will happen again.
>>
>>1968292
>Anyone can (platonically) love anyone they want

I am still amazed at this, because I am just baffled how I apparently misunderstood a large chunk of Midori's character and scenes
>>
>>1968296
Until they shoe-horn the girls in with the MC and make it more than evident they have het feelings.
>>
>>1968292
Tamako was never gay though, it was clear that Midori's feelings were one sided. Part of the movie is her coming to terms with this.
>>
>>1968301
It was just a phase anon, she wasn't actually a lesbian all along and will eventually find a boy to settle down with like any good Japanese woman.
>>
>>1968297
They hadn't really done anything prior to this. Midori lost in Tamako Market, but until now there was nothing suggesting she was bait, just that she lost. Now apparently not only did they have no idea what people were going to think about Kumiko and Reina, but Midori was straight all along and just totally platonically heartbroken because, uh, adolescence or something. Is that a magic word that just justifies anything vaguely melodramatic in Japan?

>It's seishun, I ain't gotta explain shit
>>
>>1968299
It wasn't platonic. The context of that scene was romance and how anyone can romantically love anyone. It wasn't just "friendship".
>>
>>1968306
>They hadn't really done anything prior to this.
Konata and Kagami in the OVA
Deko and Shinka in Chunni2
>>
It's good that I never watch kyoani show since K-on
>>
>>1968311
Subtext that ineveitably goes nowhere explicit because it's not that kind of series isn't bait.
>>
>>1968306
Adolescence once turned a girl into a car
>>
>>1968315
That was good adolescence. Not this shitty chinese knock-off version Kyo Ani sells!
>>
>>1968313
Yes it is. Especially because it goes nowhere is it baiting. It just gives u some hope spots to keep watching without any possible resolution or are you telling me their is no shipping about mentioned parings?
>>
>>1968312
Chuu2 has a nice gay pairing. One that hasn't been ruined by Yamada.
>>
>>1968306
Satan did know what people were going to think according to that interview
>Oguro: Did you possibly think that it could be seen as yuri and playing to the viewers with no relationship to the main story?
>Yamada: I thought it might, but I felt “Well, that’s okay. They’ll understand later.” (laughs)
Still doesn't make sense, but "It's seishun, I ain't gotta explain shit" is a good way to put it
>>
>>1968319
One that never goes anywhere and is just for comic relief rather than anything remotely or hinted at being serious.

Kyoani has made it rather clear now that it spits on yuri and Yamada has made it clear that it shits on its yuri fans.
>>
>>1968242
I'm sure this is totally the reason why they included all those scenes. Not because it sells or anything. That would be silly.
>>
>>1968323
Someone said it quite rightly on /a/. They baited in yuri-fans with those scenes only to then throw them under the bus after it sells.
>>
>>1968311
Those are the kind of "giggly chuckly" yuri that Ishihara is okay with, of course. No serious yuri allowed.
>>
>>1968317
No, it isn't. If you're watching a comedy slice-of-life series expecting romantic development beyond one-off moments that don't come to anything, you're an idiot. If you're watching a show expecting the side characters to get greater romantic focus than the leads, you're an idiot.

Nobody was saying they were swearing off KyoAni after Chuu2 or Lucky Star. Hell, fucking XENA didn't end up with the actual leads ever explicitly together - was that "bait"?
>>
>>1968328
They honestly just went with it in Xena and openly acknowledge it esp Lucy lawless and while not explicitly together are confirmed soul mates etc.
>>
>>1968253
>for Midori it means to stop being attached and get over it
At least in Utena after anime aired the director said the girls were full gay for each other later despite what was shown in anime version, here after anime aired the director is saying that the yuri girls were straight all along...

So basically Yamada doesn't consider yuri romance to be equal to heterosexual one which must be serious deal all the time, while yuri is just a young girls phase to grow up from.

I'm mad.
>>
>>1968328
>If you're watching a comedy slice-of-life series
Chunni is a romance, but it doesn't even matter. Having couples in the end does not require to be much romantic development. It already is enough to tease the audience, so they start with their shipping.
>Nobody was saying they were swearing off KyoAni after Chuu2 or Lucky Star.
No, you are right. But people already should have gotten the hint how KyoAni swings with possible /u/ couples.
>>
>>1968323
Yuri doesn't sell though. That's why the whole concept of "yuribait" makes no sense.

What I got from the interview is that Satan likes yuri scenes, but only as part of an adolescent phase which she doesn't actually consider to be yuri, thus "it's just seishun lol"

Ishihara on the other hand does consider Eupho and Tamako Market to be yuri, but too serious, which he doesn't like. He's only into silly gag yuri.
>>
>>1968322
>Kyoani has made it rather clear now that it spits on yuri and Yamada has made it clear that it shits on its yuri fans.

Overdramatic much?
>>
>>1968345
>Yuri doesn't sell though.

Do we need to start brainwashing otaku or reeducating their old tastes are outdated? I think it's time
>>
>>1968345
>Yuri totally doesn't sell. That's why magazines run full yuri manga and why anime companies still run yuri series. Because it doesn't sell

Fact is, yuri DOES sell enough to be profitable. Several yuri anime were profitable enough for their studios for others to be made.

There is room between "hyper success" and "flop", anon, and yuri sits in that middle. Which is why baiting the audience actually isn't too bad an idea. It wants more, and can drive sales up. Not enough to be a full hypersuccess in itself, but enough to help. Which is all that's needed.
>>
What made Kyoani special?

Why they deserve own thread /u/?
>>
>>1968325
That makes no sense since we get S2.
>>
>>1968345
Well, that's because yuri is easy to deny

You can write whatever you want for a certain audience, then write some yuri subtext to attract yuri fans, normalfags won't think anything of it and if yuri fans start asking questions they can just say

>lol, friendship

I mean, if i were a scumbag directing an anime and wanted to bait yuri fans for a few extra bucks, that's what i would do
>>
>>1968353
We thought they were the chosen ones. We thought they would bring balance to yuri, not shroud it in darkness.
>>
>>1968344
>how KyoAni swings with possible /u/ couples.

Hibike was the first true 'bait' show. None of the other shows has the heavy subtext characters turn het.
>>
>>1968345
You don't understand basic business.

Take the following example.
There's 7 moetards, 2 yuri fans, 4 action nerds and 2 yaoi fujoshi.

Studio wants 8 watchers to be really successful. Logical conclusion:
Mainly aim at the 7 moetards, and then bait the yuri fans, and you're at 9.

Marketing 101. You usually want to draw in side audiences to boost the overall audience, even if the side audiences are not enough to make up the whole estimated gain by themselves.
>>
>>1968344
>Chunni is a romance
You honestly couldn't tell I was addressing each series in turn?

>Having couples in the end does not require to be much romantic development.
Of course it does. Unless you're doing it solely for the sake of tacking it on just to appease a certain section of your audience, then you need to devote serious time to actual feelings and drama, which either undermines the structure of the comedy or takes focus away from the already-romantically-challenged leads.

>>1968348
Not that much, I don't think. It seems pretty clear that they see yuri as second-class material to straight couples, only appropriate for comedy or confused adolescents who'll forget about it when they get to the real world.
>>
>>1968242
>midori isn't a lesbian
What the fuck was the point?
>>
>>1968355
What about fujos and their BL baited stuff? It's like nothing to them?
>>
>>1968345
>Yuri doesn't sell though
Most of anime doesn't sell. You would think they would try all kind of shit when they gonna sell 200 copies anyway. I'm not sure where the risks are even.
>>
>>1968354
And Yamada made it evident that it's not yuri, then gave mixed signals saying "We didn't expect this reaction" and "We might have expected it but they (yuri fans) will see the truth".

So in S2 they will no doubt tone it down massively. Either way they've made it evident they don't have feelings for each other.

>seishun
>>
>>1968353
No other studio baits with yuri that hard.
>>
>>1968348
Okay sorry, the wording is maybe overdramatic but the core message is the same.

They don't take yuri seriously and when they come close they just backpedal and say "It's just a phase", and thus not something to take seriously.
>>
>>1968364
Yamada is 'only' an episode director. Not the writer or the overall Director.
>>
>>1968361
Dude, it's obviously just ~adolescence~, that enchanted word that makes everything make sense, somehow.
>>
>>1968366
Name one bait show before Hibike.

You idiots are only mad at KyoAni because you did not accept the fact that the novel ends in het and hoped for a yuri ending.
>>
>>1968359
Fucking this.
>>
>>1968367
KyoAni is not just one episode director.
>>
>>1968371
Name Kyoani show that didn't have bait.
>>
>>1968371
Tamako Market, apparently.

The Hibike nonsense I could more or less take or leave, but going back explicitly to de-gay Midori is what clinches it for me.
>>
>>1968282
Did you watch Tamako?
It had a whole episode that basically set up the message 'it's okay to be gay' about Midori. Sure there was never a real chance she'd actually get with Tamako so it wasn't /u/ in that way, but claiming she just had platonic feelings is mind-blowing. What on earth was the ending of that episode supposed to be about then?
>>
>>1968377
All but Hibike.
>>
>>1968381
I can only imagine that the Tamako Market part of the interview is badly translated or we misinterpreted it. There is no way they did not mean Midori to be gay in that one episode.
Not that it matters much, there will never be a follow up on it anyway.
>>
>>1968385
I was only talking about Hibike. Not Tamako Market. I find the Tamako Market situation to be complete nonsense, and indeed know no straight people that'd act that way.

Mix-up on my part.
>>
>>1968385
Adolescence.

Say it with me, anons. Adolescence! Can't explain a character's actions? Just shrug, say the magic word, and everything is all fixed.
>>
>>1968362
Fujos don't care, if a series has two hot guys in it, they'll ship it, it doesn't matter how straight the guys are

I mean, look at ZoSan, how the fuck can anyone see Sanji as gay? Or even bi? The guy is just crazy about women and yet he is usually portrayed as the bottom in one of the most popular (if not the most popular) One Piece ship
>>
>>1968398
Oh, I take it you didn't see an angry discussion among us. We just don't call it bait. Faking yaoi gets us as angry.

Sanji's shipped because everyone knows he'd not be gay, anyway, but it's fun to pretend. But give us a hand, then pull it away, and we'll chew it off.
>>
>>1968390
Yamada says she wanted to depict adolescence. While there are some things that you grow out of when you become older, are there not some things that define you as well?
>>
>>1968397
>Adolescence
I can see this word being popular in years to come.
>>
>>1968400
We really have no idea what she meant exactly. Maybe there will be an interview about it in the future but till then I will belief Midori is gay.

Hibike on the other hand...yes there is no saving it.
>>
>>1968398
I think super-popular / mainstream series get a free pass. When you get to that point, shipping outside of a handful of "main" couples becomes much more about pairs you like the look of than ones you actually want / expect to happen. Just look at all the Harry Potter pairings.
>>
I mean, Yamada is still my favorite director, but what the fuck was that interview? Can somebody ask the translator to give context with what she said about Midori?
>>
>>1968368
Guess you missed her title as the series director then.

Yamada have a very problematic view, but then calling it adolescence is technically not wrong because the characters are teenager, and it's about their life as teen. As long as I don't get a clear 'it's just a phase' from her, I'm just gonna pretend that by adolescence she meant that teenagers have a mix of complicated emotions that will sort themselves slowly as they grow into adulthood.

Well that's the only defense I can come up for her in this case. Shame because she is one of my favorite director, oh well, at least there's Manabu Ono.

She needs few hundred hours of lectures from Ikuhara and all of those yuri mangaka out there like Morishima or Shuninta about yuri and life.
>>
And this, guys, is why you do not celebrate victories before hitting the goal.

It avoids meltdo/u/ns.
>>
>>1968408
Well, yeah, but most of my fandoms have at least one yaoi pair that's usually one of the most popular, i just picked ZoSan because it's a pairing that if you genderflip it (and of course, change Sanji's "crazy about women" to "crazy about men"), most yuri fans wouldn't take seriously and would consider it dumb

>>1968399
Well, with some of the pairings you guys ship, i had the impression that you were just like:

>Ah, fuck it! Death of the Author, i still ship it

Whenever a guy goes het
>>
>>1968412
As long as she does not interfere with Deko/Shinka or KagamiKonata I don't give a shit what she does. it is not like I NEED KyoAni shows with yuri in my life.
>>
>>1968409
I don't think that by saying Tamako Market isn't yuri she means that Midori isn't gay, just that Tamako isn't a yuri story.
>>
>>1968398
>Fujos don't care, if a series has two hot guys in it, they'll ship it, it doesn't matter how straight the guys are

That's because they have a ton of stuff to fall back on

Yuri fans has paltry stuff compared to fujos and BL.
>>
>>1962860
your opinion is shit and Hibike! Euphonium is boring and stupid show for nerds
>>
>>1968242
And we're sure nothing got lost in translation?
>>
>>1968419
Hibikek is far from boring.
>>
>>1968377
>bait

Troll, your mother is bitch
>>
>>1968415
Your post gave a very strong tsundere vibe I think it sprouting some twintails now.

You have a legit opinion and a mindset that I respect.
>>
>>1968426
Well I am a big tsundere fan. But I mean it. I can enjoy (some) KyoAni shows without yuri. It just shouldn't have such a big subtext bait like Hibike.
>>
>>1968423
Please!! is a piece of shit Hibike
>>
>>1968427
No, no, I know you mean it, it's great and I agree with you. I just can't help it, your post is a sitting duck for the joke.
>>
>>1968414
>Death of the Author
This makes me wonder why we even care about this so much in the first place? Of course I'm going to continue seeing Midori, Kumiko, and Reina as lesbians no matter what happens, just like any other series. Canon or writer/director's intentions never matter
>>
>>1968439
It...it is not like I enjoyed your little joke baka!
>>
>>1968442
>Kumiko, and Reina
You're only hurting yourself here.
>>
>>1968447
Alot of people still ships Sakura and Tomoyo despite being canon rejected.
So did for ElsaAnna

Reina and Kumiko won't be any different
>>
>>1968447
Not him, but I think people should be allowed to "see" characters as whatever they like. The problem is whether or not they want to argue that said characters actually ARE the way they see them.
If yurifags want to see and depict characters as lesbians, right on.
If hetfags want to see and depict characters as cock-hungry sluts, well, right on to them as well.

They just probably are not either.
>>
>>1968447
Avatar threads existed long before the Korra Asami
Frozen threads existed but evolved into Disney Threads
Gravity Falls, Idols, Final Fantasy Threads, are currently active

Take that as you will.
>>
File: u88888.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
u88888.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
Que son exagerados en este lugar

Lo único que me gusta de KyoAni son ellas dos, ellas me alegraron bastante con su yuri
>>
Hibike Euphonium = garbage
>>
>>1968417
>>Fujos don't care, if a series has two hot guys in it, they'll ship it, it doesn't matter how straight the guys are
>That's because they have a ton of stuff to fall back on
>Yuri fans has paltry stuff compared to fujos and BL.

Here here
>>
>>1968466
Let's not have sour grapes here. As a band drama, it's a good show, and the creators being dickish in the way they see lesbian relationships doesn't change that.
>>
>>1968462

Those are western fanbases with a strong tumblr presence that care more about anti-het than they care about yuri
>>
Yeah, Yamada has said this about Midori before in some interview and I think that by "yuri" she means material made with pandering to specific viewer in mind, fetishization, which probably wasn't her intention, or she is in denial.
>>
>>1968470
Explain card captor sakura threads then
>>
>>1968474
Going by everything they've said, I'd put it down to heavy denial and backpedaling.
>>
>>1968474
I'm done looking for double meanings and hints in these things. If she says a character wasn't supposed to be gay, then fuck her, she's saying the character wasn't supposed to be gay.
>>
>>1968482
No amount of denial or backpedaling will change how Midori was depicted desu
>>
File: 1434505940054.jpg (48KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1434505940054.jpg
48KB, 1280x720px
>>1968282
>Friends DO act this way.
Mmmm naahhh.......
>>
>>1968480
Show up once in a blue moon and aren't very active.
>>
>2016
>people are still mad about Hibike being a hetshit show
You can't make this shit up.
Just get over it. It's het, you can't do anything about it so you might as well let it go.
>>
>>1968495
It's not that. It's the fact they made it very open that these two characters have feelings for each other. The fact it retconned het moments in the manga to push yuri.

Then they come out and claim "it's just seishun lol" as well as claim the same for Midori in Tamako, which was honestly more absurd. It's like they're going out of their way to deny yuri altogether.
>>
>>1968494
It's a show from 16 years ago.
Got a het spinoff.
Still active on /u/

You can't say the same about Utena, Simoun, and Marimitte which are full /u/
>>
>>1968496
Don't usually like to quote /a/, but this post I think kind of nailed it.
copypastaing here so no one has to actually go to the board.

>Honestly it sounds like a suspiciously strong denial, like a politician trying to deny allegations or an idol having to keep up a personality. Like, there is absolutely no way she is ignorant enough to have accidentally made one of the most unambiguously gay characters in years and handle it with the discretion and delicacy she did. It's like she doesn't want to be associated with making yuri as some sort of public face, Japs are weird like that, they won't tell you their true feelings. My Japanese professor in university was gay but would never openly admit it or say anything to indicate it even if the people he was talking to knew, like he would always say stuff like "The person I live with" instead of "my partner/husband" and get nervous and talk around the issue whenever someone asked a question that might give something away. Yamada's attitude toward this reminds me a lot of that.
>>
>>1968484
She isn't though. "Yuri" has its specific, otakuish connotations. Someone should ask her if Midori is bian, so it will be clear.
>>
>>1968505
Ishihara worded it as "gachi yuri" for Midori's case, actually. That rather carries the same connotation.
>>
>>1968497
We just had a Marimite thread last fucking ages, what are you talking about?
>>
>>1968505
I can't really buy that. Yuri works run the whole gamut from serious sensitive adult works to cutesy schoolgirl moe comedies, and nobody goes around claiming that one end or the other doesn't count.
>>
>>1968512
And we are having a CCS thread right now despite the fact that it has long ended in het.

I was just saying that people don't really care about the source material so long as they are having fun
>>
>>1968516
Oh, yeah.
>>
>>1968495
Its really not about that shit show, its about Kyoani being shit themselves thou.
>>
>>1968469
Hey!! is my opinion

Is a bad anime, boring for nerds, a piece of shit
>>
>>1968502
By that logic then it means Yamada have preference for women and is doing her best to keep her closet closed.

Boy this discussion is going places.
>>
>>1968545
I said that last year.
>>
>>1968495
mmmm because the people is stupid (otakus = people pathetic) or troll
>>
File: THESE WOUNDS THEY WILL NOT HEAL.jpg (71KB, 373x700px) Image search: [Google]
THESE WOUNDS THEY WILL NOT HEAL.jpg
71KB, 373x700px
When you see a /u/ thread get 120 posts overnight, you know something's not right.
>>
Hibike Euphoniun Sucks!!!
>>
>>1968549
Autism otaku
>>
>>1968547
Read this >>1968242 and tell me this is the evil /a/fags or any other boogiemen trolling you and not people being disgusted at Kyoani.
>>
>>1968546
Uh well great minds think alike I guess.
>>
>>1968557
Yeah

People stupid = Otakushit
>>
>>1968547
>>1968555
>>1968561
Mugino, is that you?
>>
>>1968442

Probably because we tend to see the potential behind stories.
I mean the writer/director craft a story with emotions between interesting characters but refuse to give closure. It's just wasted potential and in Hibike case you can't even blame the lack of writing technical skills. There is no way they felt nothing by checking the festival episode. Plus the balls to go to the gist of the thing might have sell better.
>>
File: 1426347156307.jpg (44KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1426347156307.jpg
44KB, 1280x720px
>>1968549
We will never let Kyoani do this to us again, for real this time.
>>
>>1968570
But what about DekoMori 2.0?
>>
File: 1357384196665.jpg (49KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1357384196665.jpg
49KB, 1280x720px
>>1968570
I'm NEVER falling for Kyoani ever again!!!
>>
>>1968574
Don't resist.
>>
File: 1376395585505.jpg (101KB, 704x719px) Image search: [Google]
1376395585505.jpg
101KB, 704x719px
>>1968577
You won't trick me again! I swear! For real! I'm totally not falling for it again!
>>
>>1968577
>actually watching kyoanus's flavor of the month shit
>>
>>1968582
>actually being retarded
>>
>>1968584
>actually being retarded
>>
>>1968580
You need to take your dose weekly or it's gonna be too much when they up the "subtext".

>>1968582
Reina is cute. I can't help it.
>>
File: 1405180374750.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1405180374750.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>>1968580
Don't be that way, Anon. This time it'll really be yuri. We swear. Cross our hearts.
>>
>>1968589
Reina a shit moeblob who enjoys sucking men
>>
>>1968584
>>1968587
What is going on here?
>>
>>1968596
Hey.
HEY!!!
>>
>>1968591
All those little scenes of adolescence in last episode.
>>
File: 1364733134970.png (326KB, 530x695px) Image search: [Google]
1364733134970.png
326KB, 530x695px
>>1968599
Is it really worth watching?
>>
>>1968599
She likes Haru anon. She wants to be closer to him like Mai is.
>>
>>1968599
Brought to you by Yamada's disciple and possibly the one that will fill her role for Eupho 2 when Yamada become too busy with another het feature film.
>>
>>1968602
Only for cute girls and nice animations.

>>1968603
Where did you get that? All she talk about is Mai.
>>
So. Kyoani Citrus adaptation for 2017, yeah?
>>
>>1968607
Imagine Kyoani changing story and turning Citrus into bait, All that butthurt.
>>
>>1968605
You can tell Fujita was inspired by Yamada but has her own distinct style as well.
>>
File: 1401656219709.png (402KB, 739x719px) Image search: [Google]
1401656219709.png
402KB, 739x719px
>>1968606
Okay I'm willing to give it a try but it will be your fault if it doesn't end well.
>>
>>1968606
>Where did you get that? All she talk about is Mai.
The end of the episode.

Not to mention they're together in the OP, they were together in the peeper pictures, on the train, she got flustered when Mai asked why they're always together, and felt compelled to stick his finger in her mouth complete with a saliva trail.
>>
God fucking damn it you guys, stop talking about that stupid harem show, CHRIST.

And everyone knows Koito is endgame.
>>
>>1968617
Good god don't you have any common sense?
>>
>>1968602
Not for yuri. There are some undertones between the 2 main girls, but then they clearly have a crush on the male MC too.
>>
>>1968619
She is watching mc drawing Main in OP. She didn't want her to think there is anything going on between her and mc too. She is happy wearing clothes like Mai and being touched by her while dislike mc touch. Also all the jealous scenes.

Can't deny the finger thing though. I know in the end there will be no yuri, just pointing the "subtext" Kyoani put there.
>>
Wait, are people are actually arguing that we can't have Hibikek threads because the director said it wasn't a yuri? Do these newfags not remember the constant K!on threads?

There hasn't been an actual, non-moeshit yuri anime made in the last 10 years. If /u/ didn't ship based on subtext, we wouldn't even have a fucking board.
>>
>>1968631
>And finally for Reina, this'll probably be dealt with in Reina episode which is next, but Reina's obsession with Mai has to deal with her older sister who ran away from home six years ago. Reina and her were very close and she uses Mai as her substitute, not to say that the relationship isn't genuine but it's why she calls her Onee-sama
>>
>>1968633
There's subtext. And then there's bait.
>>
>>1968633
>There hasn't been an actual, non-moeshit yuri anime made in the last 10 years.
Stop posting, Anon.
Stop.
Posting.
>>
>>1968634
>it's over and it never even started
the outfits keep me going
>>
>>1968634
>forced drama and tragic backstory incoming
So this show is gonna be as bad as Chu-2
>>
>>1968643
If spoilers are right there is even worse shit coming.
>>
>>1968643
>forced buzzwords
>>
File: Gay tea party.jpg (386KB, 2679x720px) Image search: [Google]
Gay tea party.jpg
386KB, 2679x720px
>>1968242
This is what happens when you scrape the bottom of the barrel for any leftover the anime industry throws at you. We're still doing okay in the manga/doujin department, but anime is practically a lost cause with at most one canon pair per year, and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

The only chance of being a difference maker is learning jap and translate the large quantity of manga/doujin/LN/VN that are still out there. Beyond that, everything just completely out of the reach of the average yuri fan.
>>
>>1968470
>still butthurt about tumblr
>thinks tumblr is antihet

lol

>>1968505
> "Yuri" has its specific, otakuish connotations.

This is actually completely wrong. You're confusing yuri with lez/rezu. If your idiocy was true, female-aimed yuri wouldn't be called yuri.
>>
>>1968848
>thinks tumblr is antihet
This is hilarious in particular if you spend time on The 100 tags, the bullshit fangirls come up with will probably teach /pol/ a couple of new ways to hate on gays.
>>
Now everyone can say Yuri is not real because "adolescence" thanks yamada for this shitty meme
>>
>>1968867
>>1968848
Oh look, it's the tumblr experts.
>>
>>1968882
it's been called Class-S for years
>>
>>1968657
so much This
>>
>>1968657
>one canon pair per year

You need to watch more anime.
>>
File: 1453908021971.jpg (146KB, 1916x1074px) Image search: [Google]
1453908021971.jpg
146KB, 1916x1074px
>>1968602

Good news /u/

It's just generic harem like the other
>>
File: Yurifag's Despair.jpg (51KB, 268x286px) Image search: [Google]
Yurifag's Despair.jpg
51KB, 268x286px
being a yurifag is suffering.
>>
>>1969135

I don't think anyone on /u/ take seriously for Phontomshit anyway

except that Mugino
>>
>>1969115

And you need to learn what canon means
>>
>>1969164
And you still need to watch more anime.
>>
>>1969170
Go ahead, name them
>inb4 they're all from SoL subtext shows
>>
>>1969180
There are tons from VD alone last season. And I have a feeling that you're going to bullshit your way out of this too.
>>
>>1969180
Valkyrie Drive. Yuri bears.
>>
>>1969134
Did anybody unironically expected something else? She fucking wins in the novel.
>>
So why no one wants to make Murcielago anime?
Explict yuri, action, sexy girls, gore, run for more than few volumes...
Better than VD by a mile and still having much fanservice.
>>
>>1969221
Ugly.
>>
>>1969212
Wait what, fucking dropped. Why best girl never wins
>>
>>1969212
>harem
>wins
Nobody wins in a harem, its the one that gets stuck with the mc that loses the hardest.
>>
>>1969134
Watch the episode
the phantom make her think that the boy was her brother, so he hug her to stop the effect knowing she doesn't like be touch by him, here she react as usual
http://i.imgur.com/NtbCEwZ.jpg
>>1969212
Nobody win, that's not true
not romantic end in the first vol, the second had a timeskip with other character and third vol happend some matrix stop
is somebody win in the novel they never will make a timeskip to add another character and make matrix
>>
>>1969419
Stop sprouting bullshit, there are only two published volumes.
>>
File: 1453576160197.jpg (127KB, 500x715px) Image search: [Google]
1453576160197.jpg
127KB, 500x715px
>>1969533
Maybe Mugino has a point for once, anon. Volume three has Akkarin on the cover.
>>
>>1969567
Who?
>>
>>1969567
He never has.

There is not yuri in Phantom World. Reina said that she has an older sister that ran away from home, and that Mai resembles her. That's the reason she is so attached to Mai. Reina's last scene with the group is her looking softly at Haruhiko.

If you want to believe Mugino, go ahead. But it seems pretty clear what path the story will take.
>>
>>1969567
>Mugino
>having a point
>>
>>1969143
actually it was my reaction to >>1968882 not for that shit.i don't even know what it is.
>>
File: 1444272707793.png (14KB, 225x227px) Image search: [Google]
1444272707793.png
14KB, 225x227px
>>1969664
>>1969690
It was a joke.
>>
>>1969690
Well he was right that Luck & Logic will have some yuri kissing, but at the same time he was wrong saying it won't have the typical harem male MC moments in it where the girkls will be attracted to him for no reason.

50/50
>>
>>1969200
>yuri bears
>yuri

I bet you think Utena TV was about yuri too, right?
>>
>>1970809
Are you implying yuri bears wasn't about yuri?
>>
>>1970809
This is a joke, right?
>>
File: 1454131980692.gif (644KB, 540x382px) Image search: [Google]
1454131980692.gif
644KB, 540x382px
>>1968242
>>1968267
Why is yuri always thought of as adolescence?
Tamako market is ruined.
>>
File: gao gao.png (353KB, 600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
gao gao.png
353KB, 600x1000px
>>1970809
Yurikuma was definitely about yuri.
What exactly did you think it was about?
>>
>>1971949
Adolescence
Thread posts: 376
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.