[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Virgins' Empire // Otome no Teikoku

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 54

File: miyoshi ayano.gif (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
miyoshi ayano.gif
2MB, 480x360px
New thread due to the inglorious death of the previous, which can be found at >>1925511

Folder containing chapters 62-123:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/zq719nicccy54/Virgins'_Empire
Kishi's Twitter: https://twitter.com/kishitorajiro
Kishi's Pixiv: http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=14974201
(Please note that Kishi doesn't exclusively do Yuri, so you may not necessarily like what he posts)

If you want to support the creator, you can get tanks from Honto.jp, Amazon.co.jp and YesAsia.com. For the Japanese sites (and fanart searches), search using オトメの帝国. YesAsia is easier to use but more expensive and it doesn't have the collected volume set like Honto and Amazon.

Thanks to a specially trained group of elite yuri fans, the series is being translated at a breakneck pace (at least compared to how it was previously). Let's hope it continues until we're all caught up.

Since it was the last post in the previous thread, I'm posting the download link for 123 again: http://www.mediafire.com/download/nr96cl5y57k4vsq
>>
File: CW-yw2KUQAEr8cJ.jpg (140KB, 940x914px) Image search: [Google]
CW-yw2KUQAEr8cJ.jpg
140KB, 940x914px
>>
Merry Christmas DrMario! And to fellow VE fans, Chupapapa, and Anons! :-)

Thank you for tweaking the Wild Words Bold font! Really appreciate the effort. :-D The previous thread was archived, hadn't got the chance to thank you earlier.

And btw... Chapter 46 was uploaded earlier... On Dec. 17 while the last QC was on 18. But there seems to be no error with the release. Checked it myself. Maybe just a mistake/trolling with the date?
>>
>>1944164
46 is justice!
>>
Thank you 3(+?) for working on this. I really, really love it.
>>
>>1944164
Probably someone made an upload request on the 17th and then another one after the QC. And then Dynasty used the date of the earliest request as release date.
What bothers me is that Dynasty is taking so long sometimes to upload the chapters. Since the releases on the front page are ordered by this abstract release date and not the actual publishing date it means that Virgin's Empire goes directly to page 2 in this case.
I've made a suggestion to change behavior on their forum but I'm not holding my breath.
>>
>>1943486
>the inglorious death of the previous
>Thanks to a specially trained group of elite yuri fans
Haha you have a way with words. I've just checked Torajirou's social sites, my eyes haha lol. I think they fell off.

>>1944238
Ah, so that's probably it! I wonder what takes them long... Only avid readers would bother checking the new releases. A reason why I go directly to the actual scanlation group... Glad you voiced that out!
>>
>>1944238
It's weird, shows up fine on the recent releases page even though it's not on the actual front page.
>>
>>1944453
Yes, recent releases are ordered by publishing date on dynasty, front page is ordered by something else. Stupid if you ask me.
>>
Sorry it took me so damn long to get back to this, but here's the files DRM free.
...probably...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5cam9uj6w3vd40z/VE.rar
If it still doesn't work let me know.

>>1943760
Aw, Merry Christmas to you too.
>>
>>1944945
Whoops responded to the wrong post.

>>1944164
I meant this one.
>>
File: mahiru mahiro.gif (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
mahiru mahiro.gif
2MB, 480x360px
>>
>>1947554

I would kill to get an Otome no Teikoku anime... It would be incredible.
>>
gosh, there's been 2? 3? christmas updates so far, meaning the girls should've graduated by now...
either way, this update's pretty cute. It's nice to see Nononon being appreciated by the other club members.
>>
>>1949087

They are eternal.
>>
File: CXkAIzdVAAARNTO.jpg (67KB, 716x1073px) Image search: [Google]
CXkAIzdVAAARNTO.jpg
67KB, 716x1073px
>>
>>1949087

Maybe some of the christmas updates happened at the same time?
>>
Guys and gals, what happened to all the updates?
>>
>>1952142
People had things to do over the holidays I would guess. .. .. . .. .
>>
>>1952248
Wow, so people busy with real life DO exist ! D:
>>
>>1949318
I'm disappointed now that they released that Sun Wukong movie last year and not this year.
>>
Yeah, our editors needed a vacation, I guess.
I made a spreadsheet where the editors can write in their name to show that they are working on a chapter or just want to reserve them in advance. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vTE_fpKHVRAT7XiVlV2FP8CF_aR7hsfmPEqPT9zGXY0/edit?usp=sharing
I might do a couple of chapters, too, but I have other projects that I've been neglecting... Also I don't know who is working on what, hence the spreadsheet.

Madokami is still down, probably forever. Does anyone have recommendations for uploading manga raws? For now, here are the correctly leveled volume 4&5.
https://mega.nz/#F!oQNDSChA!V0FM51VXwK-2dPxc4D51XA

I haven't taken another look at the ebooks but I will do so some time.

Also, there probably won't be a new chapter this week.
>>
Haha, yeah holidays were way busier than expected.

>>1953033
The spreadsheet is a good idea, and I started chapter 47 so I might as well put it down. Though I'm not completely sure what specifically to put under status.
>>
>>1953101
I'm thinking (reserved), editing, QC and released.
The most important thing is that you put down your name at all, though, I'm not sure if we need the status.
>>
Hi guys! Happy New Year! A late greeting lol. I kinda left Ch. 52 unfinished for a while.... I won't be able to finish a chapter (I guess) in the time being. But let me see if I can squeeze Ch. 52 within this month.

I'll just help with the QC for now...
>>
>>1948626
I thought it was getting an adaption, which would release sometime this year.
>>
>>1953186
That adaptation was this animation >>1947554
>>
>>1947554
How do they come together like that when they're hanging in the air? They have no way to propel themselves.
>>
>>1953189
So...is this still happening or not?
>>
>>1953204
Afaic, nothing was ever planned beyond these 3-second animations.
>>
>>1953192

Lesbian magnetism, obviously
>>
>>1953213
Ouch, that's sad. I was wondering why we never saw any more of them than those. Hope that changes one day.
>>
File: 33.png (474KB, 765x1092px) Image search: [Google]
33.png
474KB, 765x1092px
Chapter 47
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ja4jvkgsja3ucqk/47.rar
>>
>>1954235
Thank you much for the chapter!!!!
>>
>>1954235
Adorable.
>>
>>1954235
Thank you, good job!

Some number of script rewrites:
Page 33, panel 4: "...put your tongue BACK in your mouth!"
Page 34, panel 1: "I DIDN'T plan to do..."
Page 34, panel 3: "Oh, you!" (comma)
Page 34, panel 4: Make the comma after "yeah" an exclamation mark.
Page 40: the 「」 are Japanese quotation marks and should be replaced or erased.
Page 41, panel 4: "Well, a male photographer would be guaranteed to cop a feel!" -> "Well, I bet a male photographer would try to cop a feel!"
Page 42, panel 4: Make the 'was' in "I was thinking it!" bolditalics.
Page 43, panel 3: "What, now?" (comma)
>>
>>1953220
Lesbians, how do they work?

>>1953213
I misspelled "afaik"
>>
>>1955084
Checking the chapter a second time:
Page 1: I think we should start translating the chapter number. 第47回 -> Chapter 47
>Page 34, panel 4: Make the comma after "yeah" an exclamation mark.
Actually, in the original, the first bubble was just "..." so you could do that and make the second bubble "Yeah, nice!"
The comma would look much better if it was in the same bubble.
Page 40, panel 1: One of the "Ba-dumps" is completely white.
The same page also has a small black spot at the top and a tiny remnant of the original text over one of the "wanna"s
Also on the same page: the ... after the bad-dump at the bottom looks too tidy compared to the hearts. I'd say use the original ones or just erase them.
Page 41, panel 2: the 2nd bubble has a little bit of the original text still in it.
Page 42, panel 2: Personally, I don't like the double-outline of the "Ba-dump".
Same page: The bubble with "I wasn't thinking that!" has, like, 2 grey pixels that should be white.
>Page 43, panel 3: "What, now?" (comma)
^ scratch that. I checked the original text and it was meant as "What (do we do) now?" It's my own fault for writing something ambiguous. I'd say let's just replace it with "Oh no!", considering the size of the bubble.
Page 44, panel 1: First bubble has 2 grey pixels that should be white also. This isn't important but if I notice it I'm gonna point it out.
>>
>>1955084
Thanks!
Fixed everything mentioned, links been updated
>>
>>1955188
I probably should have refreshed the page, I'll fix those too, the white ba-dump is already fixed, I noticed it immediately when I went back to it.
And by all means point out everything no matter how insignificant.
>>
>>1955188
Alright links been updated again, let me know if you see anything else.
>>
>>1955223
I'm not an expert on fonts but to me, the variably width, serifed letters of the font you used for "chapter" have a different feel than the numbers of the original text. Can you write the 47 with the other font?

I guess I didn't notice it the first two times but on page 38, panel 1, the "blush" has two outlines. As I've said, I don't like that much.
>>
>>1955258
Alright, fixed and updated.
>>
>>1955536
I'm really sorry, this must be feeling like a Sisyphean task, but on page 43, panel 1, the first bubble should be just "...". Right now, she's saying "Wait, wait, what am I thinking?"
>>
>>1955702
It's fine.
I have removed the 'ha'
>>
>>1955702
Wait, you meant page 40, I'm clearly too tired to be doing this right now...
Let me fix that again.
>>
Okay, the link has once again been updated.
>>
>>1955750
Huh, it's #43 in the raw. I was assuming the numbers would match up and didn't think to check.
But I think we're good now, ready for release.

Can you tell us which font you used for the chapter number so others can match it?
>>
>>1955774
Well, I actually just went and changed the font for the chapter number, it's Bevan now.
It was originally Blackoak std but I had seriously squash it to make it look like that...
>>
I did chapter 49, please QC for me.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By0BSYQDRyUXb2lkZ21GRVd0WGM

I, uh, realize how much of a hypocrite page 69 makes me seem because I said that I don't like double outlines before. I think what I actually didn't like was when the second outline is too thin. Maybe. The chapter had double outlines and I thought they looked good so I tried to copy the style.
>>
>>1957441
Chie's too cute and so in love with Ai, and Ai responds so well to Chie being troublesome and girly. I don't know what to do.
>p65, panel 2
Maybe remove the "it" from "You don't like it that I attached it to my bag"?
>p68, panel 3
"To 'beat you to it'!?"- remove the "To" from the beginning.
Also, "Didn't intend to keep it a secret or something"- I think "something" should be "anything" to sound like the more conventional phrase.
>p71, panel 3
Minor thing, but you forgot the hyphen for "unnecessary" in the last bubble.

That's all I could find. Good typesetting and editing, and finally it's kissy time.
>>
>>1957464
Wow, thank you! Could you please keep proofreading my scripts? This project could use someone with actual English skills.

I'm gonna release it in 24 hours unless someone finds more things to fix.
>>
>>1957487
Err, no I won't! I forgot that I have to wait for chapter 48.
>>
>>1957487
Sure. I have done a couple in the past but slacked and didn't do more. Do you want me to look at the scripts from 48, 50 and on?
>>1957464
>Maybe remove the "it" from "You don't like it that I attached it to my bag"?
I meant the first "it" here, just in case it needed clarification.
>>
>>1957528
That would be great. And yeah it's obvious what you meant.
>>
>>1957488
>>1957528
>Ch 48
>p5
>Chie: A-chan is wearing the doll is if there was nothing unusual about it!
is -> as
>C: She... doesn’t care how that feels like for me!
Either "what that feels like for me" or "how that feels for me." I prefer the former.

>p6
>C: I afraid to make sure of her feelings in this way!
Should be "I'm afraid"

>p11
>Mahiro: Eh? But I’m not confident I can do it either!
This is subjective, but you could also say "I'm not confident that I can do it either." It may sound cuter for Mahiro to omit the "that" though. I don't think it harms understanding to leave it like it is.

These were the only things I could find in this chapter. I would say you have a pretty advanced grasp of English, and you keep the cute feel of the prose from the original (thanks in part to the German translators being good about it too, I assume).

I don't know how German grammar informs your translation into English, but an exchange like this comes out clear and adheres well to grammar rules, while handling a couple different tenses and sentence structures. I think you should feel good about being able to write like this on the first try:
>Chie: It would be... strange, somehow, to talk with her about it.
>C: It’s not like we’re going out.
>Miyoshi: But in all but name you do, don’t you?
>>
>Ch 50
>p2
>Mahiru: We put on our swimsuits at home!
>Mahiro: Like that we can change quicker!
"Quicker" should be "more quickly," but again, it may be more MahiMahi to leave it as is.
>Mahiru: Can could do that, too, Marichan!
Right after I compliment you about your English, you do this. Just kidding; this seems like a typo. Using "can" agrees with the previous sentence, referring to changing, but I think they're talking about wearing a swimsuit, so "You could do that too, Mari-chan" sounds better to me.

>p10
>Shizuka: Of yourse!
"Course," right?
>S: Oh, they’re assembling!
>You better go!
Because it's Shizuka, I think "You'd better go!" is more appropriate.

>p12
>Mari: Huh... Where is MahiMahi gone off to now?
is -> has
>I’ll go buy one some somewhere else!
Delete the "some"

I don't want to nitpick things that are dialog choices that you made, but I want to be thorough and note anything that may be off, so just ignore my corrections if you intended something to be a certain way.
>>
>Ch 51
>p9
>Hibiki: But in a yukata, I would look like an grade schooler next to Senpai!
An -> a
>p12
>Hibiki: It’s ‘cause... it ‘cause you told me to!
"It's" both times

>Ch 52+53
I couldn't find anything here, but I'll give it another look when I start on 54. I'll be in the thread to look over them after they get typeset too.
>>
New chapter, Ai and Chie go on a date: http://grandjump.shueisha.co.jp/original/otome/otome124/

>Just kidding; this seems like a typo.
Yeah, haha, 50% is from me being sloppy. Especially if I rephrase part of a sentence and fail to take everything into account which leads to things like "an grade schooler".

Do you have a moniker you want to be credited as?
>>
File: page0004_l.jpg (163KB, 770x1100px) Image search: [Google]
page0004_l.jpg
163KB, 770x1100px
Here's 124. Happy New Years.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/m86t62tq51gwtj4
>>
>>1957901
Thanks for posting!
>>
>>1957885
Nah, just "anon" or whatever.
>>1957901
I want Ai to make a nice Muslim woman out of Chie.
>>
>>1957901

Seems like a super-cute adventure!
>>
>>1957488
Speaking of which

Chapter 48
http://www.mediafire.com/download/14zoaw8qail1f7j/48.rar
>>
>>1958156
Nice

Page 47, I think you should make it so that there is no white stripe at the top. It's not there in print, too.
Page 49 and following: I think we should erase the Japanese text at the top
Page 49, panel 3, 3rd bubble needs to be cleaned
Page 50, panel 1, 2nd bubble needs just a tiny bit of cleaning
Page 51, panel 1: as the anon said "WHAT that feels like to me"
Page 51, panel 3: 2nd bubble needs to be cleaned
Page 51, panel 4: "her,she" needs a space
Same bubble also needs to be cleaned
Page 51, panel 4: 3rd bubble needs to be cleaned
Page 52, panel 3: I think the font in this panel alone is a bit smaller even though it could be the same size as in the rest of the page. Or am I imagining things?
Page 53, panel 1, 6th bubble needs to be cleaned. Just use a bigger brush, yo.
Page 53, panel 5, 2nd bubble needs to be cleaned.
Credits: If you feel like it you can copy the translated sound-effects into the credits, too.
>>
>>1958156
Oh baby
>>
>>1958397
Actually, I changed my mind. I like "how that feels to me" more than "What that feels like to me" on page 51 now. Just saying.
>>
>>1958397
>Page 47, I think you should make it so that there is no white stripe at the top. It's not there in print, too.

I just realized something. The way I did it in ch. 49 was just to move the page up or whichever direction was necessary to make the picture contiguous with the border. But that is problematic because the panels should end at the exact same height on every page (usually). It's gonna look weird if you use a comic reader that displays two pages at once, for example. I think it's best to just cut off exactly 6 pixels of the margin on every page in all 4 directions. I will do that in my chapter, too.

Btw, what's the font you used for the melting sound effects?
>>
>>1958397
Whoops, need to pay more attention to cleaning the bubbles.
And use a bigger brush clearly.
I fixed everything up.

Everything is fixed and updated

The font for the melting sound effect is Cookie Mouth
>>
>>1958539
You didn't clean all the bubbles in page 51, panel 4.
>>
Chapter 49 has been updated.

Also finished with chapter 50: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By0BSYQDRyUXa21qMVpXSFc0R3M
>>
>>1958823
Good job!
Also fixed that last panel, my bad.
>>
>>1958823
>>1958865

you guys are great!

> Ch50
Don't know if you need QC but I didn't see anything amiss. (I might not be the best at that though).
Yu sure knows how to follow up tantalizing S&M with a bucket of cold water. That's twice now. I wonder if it will be addressed in the future.
>>
>>1958905
Found a small mistake myself and fixed it (missing hyphen).
I submitted all three chapters.
>>
Chupapapa, I was about to work on the ebooks you uploaded. Removing the DRM worked and I have access to them now, but you forgot to include Volume 3 in the archive.

As an unrelated note, the manga used a different font for the text in the thought bubbles, so I also used switched the font there. I used "KG Les Bouquinisted de Paris" at 85% opacity for reference.
>>
Wow you guys sure are fast. Take Chap. 52 from me then. I'm sorry I haven't helped with the QC's. I can't even now. I'll be gone for a while. Thanks for everything.
>>
>>1959795
Thanks for the work! See you!
>>
>>1959029
Oh, it appears I never even had Volume 3 downloaded on this computer so I didn't even notice.
Here's volume 3
http://www.mediafire.com/download/4oc3kukck6jr4wy/B00GY2G65G_EBOK.azw3
>>
>>1959826
Thank you for helping with the releases dear Anon. See you guys some other time. ^_^
>>
Thanks for all your hard work scanlating this series in English everyone.
>>
File: 89.png (593KB, 753x1080px) Image search: [Google]
89.png
593KB, 753x1080px
Chapter 51

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3mt4tmm7zj60vc7/51.rar
>>
>>1964839
huzza!
>>
>>1964839
Well done. There is almost nothing wrong with it.

Page 90: Good job with the Okonomiyaki!
But you didn't translate it on page 94 (it says "-yaki").
Also, this isn't all that noticeable, but I think you didn't give it the correct perspective.
Here is how you do that in Photoshop:
First, you turn the text into a smart object. That means it's still editable and vector-based.
Then, you're able to freely transform this smartobject, including perspective transformations.
I can give more detailed instructions if needed.
There isn't really any reason, as far as I can see, for Photoshop do not support perspective transforms on text but it is what it is.
I bet tools like Illustrator have this feature if you want to try that.

Page 95: the "Yes!" in the last bubble is just a bit too high.
Page 97, panel 1: I don't like how the "strokes" all have different angles.
Page 98, panel 2: same as above for the "badumps"
What font did you use for the "Dash" on the same page?
And where do you get the circled 1 from at the start of the chapter? (My beloved senpai 1)
>>
>>1964959
I just realized that the different Okonomiyaki signs are from different stands, so I guess you can leave it as is.
>>
>>1964839

You're a gem.
>>
>>1964959
...I think I am going to need detailed instructions.

The font for dash is Adam Warren and I just copy and pasted the circled 1 from http://www.alanwood.net/unicode/enclosed_alphanumerics.html

I just really didn't want to put it in parentheses
>>
>>1965106
I'll make a tutorial soon.
Chapter 51 was just released on Dynasty. I think maybe we should make a trello or something and work in private if this keeps happening.
>>
>>1965817
As another anon who releases under /u/ scanlations, I'd recommend putting a small note with your next upload to dynasty asking the admins to only release chapters added by your username. If you've already been uploading for a bit you should be a credible party, I'd imagine.
>>
>>1964839
Girls in kimonos are unfair.
>>
File: Perspective text.png (176KB, 1540x2301px) Image search: [Google]
Perspective text.png
176KB, 1540x2301px
>>1965106
>I just really didn't want to put it in parentheses
Yeah, good call.
>>
Why can't I extract the raws :'(
Pls help me ..
>>
>>1965949
which ones are you trying to extract?

the DRM'd files?
>>
New, short chapter: http://grandjump.shueisha.co.jp/original/otome/otome125/#

You still alive, Chupapapa? If you don't feel like redoing the Okonomiyaki sign, you can keep it as it is. Or upload the psd and I'll do it. Regardless of my perfectionism, I think you are generally doing a tremendous job if that wasn't clear.
Do you have an opinion about moving the scanlation progress away from 4chan?
>>
>>1968063

Those aren't the words I want to hear! Why move? We're perfectly nice!
>>
>>1968063
I'm still alive!
Sorry, stuff came up and I haven't had a chance to go back and fix anything.
I'm definitely going to at least try changing the sign, you made such a nice tutorial it would be a shame not to.
I'll fix everything and update later today when I'm home.
>>
>>1968063
And I don't really have a strong opinion on staying on 4chan or moving.
So if you want to move that's fine.
>>
>>1968063
I really like watching your progress here.
>>
File: page0001_l.jpg (203KB, 770x1100px) Image search: [Google]
page0001_l.jpg
203KB, 770x1100px
Here's 125. Elisha invites Honoka to a snowball fight. Looks like a two-parter.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/qo5cewe6i7x55r4
>>
>>1968435

Worst couple
>>
>>1968626
The gay dads? Yes I agree, but they're up against very strong competition.
>>
>>1968435
I like these two
>>
>>1968435
chapters following these two are always just the worst. they always bring those.....unnecessary elements with them. cant wait till we get back to Chie and Ai.
>>
>>1968144
Okay, sorry for the delay, I updated the file.
I'm not super confident I did the perspective thing right...
>>
>>1968681
>they always bring those.....unnecessary elements

You say that like they're setting up an illegal gambling den in the basement of a bar
>>
>>1968388

Thissu.
>>
>>1969314
illegal gambling den in the basement of a bar is a-ok. that....not so much.
>>
>>1969420
>that....not so much.

A few more ellipses and you'll be a jrpg protag
>>
>>1968435

when are they going to fuck jesus. best couple
>>
>>1969441
I have different feelings about OTP, but there is a noticeable shift when it's a Honoka chapter, where it becomes more dramatic and introspective on her character, almost like an entirely different manga.Torajirou must have a special affection for her.
>>
>>1969557
her chapters have grown on me way more than I thought they would at her introduction. Miss America is pretty much the perfect person to bring her out of her shell.
IMO feel good chapters with either Honoka or Onoda have been really effective even if they've been debatably light on yuri.
>>
>>1968751
I think you made a mistake updating the file. It is exactly the same as before.

I've chatted with the dynasty staff and we've arranged something.
Thanks for the suggestion, >>1965840, high five.
>>
so i just got into this manga and i was wondering if the any of the future chapters have been translated but not edited yet? (chapter 52 to newest ch)
>>
does anyone have the previous links for the archived threads of VE? from archive.loveisover, i mean. i've only managed to find two previous ones
>>
>>1970427
There's a bunch of translated chapters here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By0BSYQDRyUXbnh5MFlNbldIbG8
>>
>>1970464
You are my saviour thank you
>>
>>1970101
Really?
My bad let me go fix that.
Also I'm gonna include the PSD file as I can't really get the perspective thing to look right.
Might be because I'm using Photoshop Elements instead of actual Photoshop...
Or I could just not know what I'm doing, it's probably the latter.
>>
anyone got the raws handy for 1 - 61? I might be able to help out with the typesetting if you want. I'll try doing a chapter and you can QC the efforts. Thanks for the work though guys I appreciate it. Love this series haha.
>>
File: 90.png (243KB, 753x1080px) Image search: [Google]
90.png
243KB, 753x1080px
>>1971712
Sorry for the delay. My life got temporarily consumed by a video game.

Hm, the first attempt was better. Here's my shot at the page. I also made the "Ah ha" fit in panel 4. What I do in situations like that is to just draw a larger bubble.
>>
File: CaLQd3xVAAE2jgd.jpg (104KB, 1024x877px) Image search: [Google]
CaLQd3xVAAE2jgd.jpg
104KB, 1024x877px
>>1971861
Sure. Chupapapa already started on c52 I think, but otherwise please hold off from editing for a while because I will post higher quality raws, soon.
>>
>>1971861

I am this anon.

>>1973948

Yeah bro, sounds good just let me know what chapter I should work on.
I'll try to get it done within a couple of days.
Also let me know the fonts you guys use so I can keep it consistent. Cheers !
>>
>>1973947
Ha, no problem, it happens.
I haven't exactly been prompt either, Hopefully I have more free time this week.

I'm not surprised the first attempt was better, the only way I could get it to let me use perspective is if I simplified the layer, which did some weird things to the quality.
I could not for the life of me figure out how to make it a smart object, if that's a thing Photoshop elements can do.
>>
>>1974006
Hey, thanks for the help!
You can probably just start chapter 53 when DrMario has the better raws out, I allready started 52
For the main fonts:
Bevan for chapter number
WildWords for speach/chapter title
KG Les Bouquinisted de Paris at 85% opacity for thoughts.
and SFX fonts have been pretty inconsistent bettween all editors...
>>
>>1974070
>>1974084
I use "another" a lot for sound FX.
>>
>>1974084
>>1974102

Gotcha thanks, yeah sounds fun I'll get on it as soon as DrMario posts the raws.

The raws posted for 62 onward in the OP link. Are they the level of quality you want? I could clean up some of those chapters for less work later.

I'll just fill the speech boxes with white and/or manually fill the complicated areas on a different layer so you can always hide the fill in order to maintain understanding where to put stuff.

Anyway thanks for the translations again. I have all the manga but I'm still in the process of learn all the kanji, so they are all stuck on my bookshelf untouched hahaha.
>>
>>1974102
I use Adam Warren a lot.
>>
Yo yo~

I quickly did chapter 61. If one of you wanna
let me know if it's done up to standard?
I don't know the format you guys wanted so hopefully overall it's aiight.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7phko4pd7k84ptp/VE+-+Chapter+61.zip

Haven't done any typesetting in ages. But was fun. Took around 4 hours for 12 pages (=_=)...
But on the brighter side shouldn't take as much time now.

For the SFX I just drew them in. My handwriting is kind of shit but eyyy I think it looks okay. Pretty sure Kishi draws them in too.

But anyway this chapter was pretty interesting.
The 4 hours of work really let me sink into the story ROFL.

Still my favourite couple is definitely the SM couple, Mari and Yuu~~~~. These ones are probably close second.

Anyway enjoy!
>>
>>1974926
Thanks for the work!
>>
>>1974926
Thank you for that, I think it looks great

and this chapter is soooooo good
>>
File: tumblr_o1zfqidmZl1re4j98o2_1280.jpg (195KB, 1280x1658px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1zfqidmZl1re4j98o2_1280.jpg
195KB, 1280x1658px
>>1974926

Thank you for your hard work! This chapter is really good, indeed!!
>>
Alrighty thanks for the comments.

I'm doing chapter 62 right now. If I had a couple of hours to spare,
I could've had it done within 2 hours but, work calls.
So within around 12-14 hours I'll probably post Chapter 62.

Most of the credit should go to DrMario for the translations. Not forgetting all the other people who have gotten this translation ball rolling. I'll help as much as I can now. Though without those translations I would get stuck on the first Kanji hahahah.

Anyway untill he pops back in with the RAWs. I'll continue to do the chapters I guess.
I can probably do 2 a day. Might get burnt out and only do 1 a day but heyyyyy still pretty quick.

@DrMario if it looks good to you, just tell me what you want so you can upload it.
Cheers.
>>
>>1975144
I haven't had a chance to take a look at your chapter yet, but I think it's better if you use the chapters from the drm free ebooks that Chupapapa posted, since they have all the bonus pages from that are missing in the individual chapters. Just open them with Calibre and extract them as a zip file.
And no, that is not what I meant with improved quality; I'm doing actually some advanced leveling for all the pages.
I'll QC and post the raws tomorrow-ish.
>>
>>1974926
pg 07, "togehter" should be "together"
>>
>>1974926

I hope Kaoru does get some kind of happiness.

...Ideally with Mask-chan.
>>
If anything, I'm a man of my word. I said 2 chapters a day. Here's the other one, chapter 62. Little less meaty story wise than the previous but eyyyyy.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/xfdmn78gr15gwlb/VE+-+Chapter+62.zip

Now after working all day and then finishing that one. I'ma hit the hay. There might be few errors. Will fix tomorrow.

>>1975167

Gotcha bro, downloaded and will use it from now onward.

>>1975499

Thanks buddy, good eye.
>>
>>1975692
thanks for your work!
>>
File: comparison.png (1MB, 1611x2311px) Image search: [Google]
comparison.png
1MB, 1611x2311px
Volume 2, 4 & 5 are uploaded on madokami: https://manga.madokami.com/Raws/Otome%20No%20Teikoku
I spent... rather a lot of time on this.
They are .cbz files, which you can read with a comic reader. I recommend turning on "double pages", "cover" and "right to left" so the pages line up correctly. But really, it's just a zip file, you can extract the archive to get at the individual images.

I think it would be cool to collect all the edited chapters into volumes too when we're done. Including maybe redoing volume 1&2 because, frankly, they're pretty bad. Compare.
>>
>>1976147
Nice.
>>
>>1976147
>>1976178
Just to be clear, I didn't magically turn the right side into the left side.
All I did is remove compression artifacts while preserving gradients. Especially the early volumes are pretty bad in that regard.
I just noticed that I overlooked a lot of artifacts in the black areas so I will re-upload Vol. 2.
My monitor doesn't have a lot of contrast between blacks, that's why I missed it.
>>
>>1976147

Uh, this is embarrassing....
How do I download the files? Never used madokami.

In regards to the quality, it looks good. However
the source you gave me from Chupapapa's link
looks similar in terms of quality to the one you've done. Even the artifacts you mention are not there.

So excuse the ignorance, I thought the that those effects were from actual books scanned manually. I don't see it in the later volumes, from the OP's media fire link and the Calibre extracted one. Which I thought are all from the web comic?
>>
>>1976263

I'm also want to say that in terms of the pixel cleanliness.
After comparing the two (mediafire link vs cablire) I want to say the the mediafire link looks better.

Did I not extract it correctly?

What's the direct source for all these versions?
>>
Okay, Volume 2 fixed and re-uploaded. The majority of pages were fine but I fucked something up for a few of them, weird. Glad that I caught it, though.

>>1976263
You need to make an account. There's a readme in the root folder explaining how you do that.

>Even the artifacts you mention are not there.
There is a difference if you look closely. Look at the noise in the black hair in the bottom left picture in my comparison above. Like I said it's worse in the early volumes. But it's probably also the case that I'm more anal about that than most.

>What's the direct source for all these versions?
The mediafile chapters are taken from the official jump website, where the manga is published online for free.
The ebooks are the kindle version that Chupapapa bought on the Japanese Amazon (I think).

>So excuse the ignorance, I thought the that those effects were from actual books scanned manually.
The noise in the ebooks and mediafile archive are 100% jpeg compression artifacts. The bad quality of Kawaii's chapters is from scanning (and/or incompetent leveling).
>>
>>1976270
>I'm also want to say that in terms of the pixel cleanliness.
>After comparing the two (mediafire link vs cablire) I want to say the the mediafire link looks better.
>Did I not extract it correctly?

It's possible that the single chapters are of better quality. I'm disappointed in the image quality of the kindle books, too. It's not just VE either, I bought a kindle comic the other day and the quality was pretty shoddy there also. I don't get it, there is no reason not to send me a high quality version when I'm paying money, damn it.
>>
File: Comparison.jpg (816KB, 1672x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Comparison.jpg
816KB, 1672x1200px
>>1976270

Another post,

I guess I want to know what you want me
to do @DrMario.

The Calibre one seems like it has more compression, if that's the term.

Left is Mediafire, Right is Calibre extracted.

Just a couple of pointers:

-The blacks are not true black. Mediafire one is.
-The lines are not as clean. Mediafire's cleaner.

But in the end I want to include any bonus chapters as well....
>>
Just like to say it's great watching you guys work.

I actually scanlated one of these a few months ago in the previous thread. Man it takes dedication! I'm impressed y'all keep it up.
>>
Heyyyy,

Guess who's back with another Chapter?~

Time to get back in line chronologically.
Chapter 53 (using DrMario's new and improved raws!)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/eqh8gkfw3y0pqt3/VE+-+Chapter+53.zip

This one was rough....

So many redraws
Preserving gradients
Writing a bunch
(haven't written this much since I was in primary school)
Fuck that rock plaque, I'm not doing it =P.
Every SFX has been redone. Some of them were guesses to what they actually mean.

So I can probably only do 1 a day. This one took me like 8 hours nonstop FeelsBadMan.

Anywho enjoy
>>
>>1976549
Cool!
The first page you put in was not part of chapter 53
Also you forgot to translate the Injury Time title.

And you should probably put in a credits page to credit DrMario for the translation.

Haha, I'm not actually sure what chapter to start now if you plan on doing a chapter a day, I don't have the kind of free time to keep up with that pace.
But here's chapter 52
http://www.mediafire.com/download/7dfzphu7srdohic/52.rar
>>
>>1976549
Also this is probably just a nitpick but I don't think the brackets on the chapter title look good. I mean...it's already in a box.
>>
>>1976597
Oh true, will fix it

I really didn't think about it, I was curious as to why it had a seemly irrelevant image for the start of the chapter ROFL.

And for credit page I thought DrMario had a page that he can put at the end when he uploads it. But I realize now that the page at the start I uploaded was it haha. So yeah I'll pop it in there.

Up to you man what chapter do you wanna do next? I'll try to do one a day and I guess scoot around the chapter you do.

Anyway thanks for the chapter bro.
>>
>>1976604

Yeah, I don't think I paid attention to the actual page, so when I read the translation I thought it was included in the Japanese version.... Reflecting on it, I'll take it off.
>>
File: CaeYUgrUEAABAU0.jpg (57KB, 600x754px) Image search: [Google]
CaeYUgrUEAABAU0.jpg
57KB, 600x754px
>>
Back again,

Chapter 54 done, this group is always fun to read.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/jjn1k9j0qn4v15m/VE+-+Chapter+54.zip

Let me know if I missed anything...

So many redraws for the skirt texture xP...
Wish I had a source file so I could just cut and paste it.

Cheers
>>
>>1977733
pg 143, "I want lighten the mood"
missing "to", "I want to lighten the mood"
>>
>>1977848

Cool, thanks. Fixed it now..

In regards to the mistakes in the later chapters. I'll fix them when I get up to it chronologically. Which shouldn't be too long.
>>
>>1977865
did you fix chp 61 yet?>>1975499
>>
>>1978153

Not yet, there are some things I want to tweak in those chapters. So to prevent multiple re-uploads. I'll do it when I get up to it.

Which is in roughly 6 days from now. I'll use a day to edit all the previous chapters and hopefully fix all the mistakes at once.
It's all been noted down so all feedback is appreciated.

Cheers
>>
>>1978207

Also Chapter 55 should be up in a few hours still working on it.

And more specifically on the topic of chapter 61 62 I want to use DrMario's raws to keep the layout consistent. So I'm waiting on those two before editing.
>>
File: CanlTrjVIAAHSrN.jpg (20KB, 426x426px) Image search: [Google]
CanlTrjVIAAHSrN.jpg
20KB, 426x426px
Busy weekend. Will finally QC tomorrow.
On that note, would proofreader-anon give chapter 53+ the usual treatment?
>>
>>1978866
Oh, btw the picture says that volume 9 will come out in 12 days.
>>
File: fdhdhdfghfhf.jpg (231KB, 1439x1870px) Image search: [Google]
fdhdhdfghfhf.jpg
231KB, 1439x1870px
Cute fanart from Tumblr.
>>
File: 00121.jpg (445KB, 844x1200px) Image search: [Google]
00121.jpg
445KB, 844x1200px
>>1978866
Okay
>>1976549
Ch 53
>Pg 2, first panel, Chie says "Morning" but with no period or anything. Be consistent and either end every bubble with punctuation or leave out the periods if they're unnecessary
>Some of the bubbles seem cramped or off center, like Miyoshi's "Really" on pg2 panel 3, Ayano's "Molesters are pathetic" on pg3 panel 3, and her "Nothing" on pg4 panel 4. It's kind of distracting
>Last page, words should be split up for typography by isolating their syllables, so "pos-sible" not "poss-ible" in panel 2. This is really minor.
>>
>>1977733
>Chapter 54
I couldn't find anything wrong, except for the inconsistent period thing. I could be wrong, but I think it looks better to have them all one way. Also the title for the ending 4koma says "Hearbeat"
>>
>>1974926
>pg 4, panel 4, Kaoru says "Today you're nothing but criticizing me" which isn't necessarily wrong, but it's unusual. For a more conventional choice, maybe "Today you're doing nothing but criticizing me"?
That's all I could find
>>
>>1975692
Ch 63
>Page 9, panel 2, Chie's last bubble is all cramped at the top. In panel 3 Ai says "...you can see the underwear too. They're just normal." I think she's just talking about her own underwear, so maybe "...you can see my underwear too." Or if she's talking about all the girls in class's underwear in general, "...you can see everyone's underwear". But I think it's the former.
That's all I could find. Thank you for doing this series, everyone~
>>
File: CasaV-gUUAEW_Pv.jpg (27KB, 469x428px) Image search: [Google]
CasaV-gUUAEW_Pv.jpg
27KB, 469x428px
>>1979290
Oh, I meant proofreading the script, but an extra QC is also good.

ch. 52:
pg 104, panel 3: I think "And who is this?" makes it more clear that she is talking to a new person, especially since Hibiki isn't in the frame.
pg. 105, panel 1: "... talking TO me" is a little better I think.
pg 105, panel 2: No [comma] no! Also left-align the text in this bubble please.
pg. 105, panel 4: the text in the first bubble doesn't look very good. See if you can make it fit better.
pg. 105, panel 5: Just "Stop!" instead of "Stop it" seems better to me.
pg 108, panel 1: give the stroke sound FXs an angle or something to make them less boring
pg 108, panel 4: replace Ichinose's line with "I will be suuper nice to her! Ah ha ha!"
pg 109, panel 1: Put a line break after every word in the left bubble so it fits better.
pg. 113: You forgot this page! CENSORSHIP!
>>
>>1979305
Oh okay. Could you link the scripts again?
>>
chapter 53 QC
pg 119: you didn't replace the chapter number (we use Bevan as font for that) Instead you used Bevan for the chapter title, which we always used Wild Words for.
pg. 119, panel 2: The "open" sound FX has bad kerning. You also used different fonts for the "push" sound FXs.
pg. 120, panel 1: Like the other anon said, "morning" needs punctuation.
Pg 120, panel 2: same for Ayano's first bubble.
Also try to keep font size consistent. You don't need to fill out every bubble. This is an ongoing issue throughout the whole chapter so I will not repeat it in the QC. But especially the "EH?!" and "No way!" are too big and make the bubble too top-heavy.
Page 121: Please erase the Japanese text at the top for this and all the other odd-numbered pages.
pg. 121, panel 3: You changed "his" to "their" but since molesters are predominantly male I suggest using "his" since it sounds more natural imho. Especially since you kept the male pronoun in the next sentence. In the same sentence, and this is on me, I think it should be "for someone who's never accomplished anything..." instead of simple past.
pg. 121, panel 4: I wrote "Well..." in the script but in any case "Ah well!" needs at least a comma.
pg. 122, panel 1: That ding dong. Are you... drawing these?
pg. 122, panel 2/3/4: Again, the "Yeah", "Hm", "Hey" and "Nothing" need punctuation. Please be more careful.
pg. 122, panel 5: "Didnt" needs an apostrophe.
pg. 122, panel 2: the "Molester this, molester that, this is fun for you,
what?" from the script should be "Molester this, molester that. This is fun for you,
right?" Not "Molester this, molester that, this is fun for you. What is it?"
pg 122, panel 3: "Yes it is" needs a comma.
pg 122, panel 4: the 1st bubble wasn't cleaned properly. The ellipsis in the last bubble is missing a dot.

4chan is telling me that my comment is getting too long. To be continued.
>>
chapter 53 [2/2]
pg 124: please add a translator's note to explain the text on the stone.
pg 126, panel 1: please give the letters in the "squeeze" consistent orientation. I'm now convinced that you are free-handing this, haha. Thing is, they look kinda messy. Typesetting this would be better.
pg. 126, panel 3: The "...sob..." look kind of bad like that. Maybe try getting rid of the first ellipsis?
pg. 127, panel 1: same goes for the "...I..."'s. Also the last ellipsis is missing a dot.
pg. 127, panel 1: the "hardly walk" definitely needs an ellipsis or at least any punctuation at all.
pg. 127, panel 2: something is wrong with the last ellipsis.
pg. 127, panel 3: the "drip"s look messy, too.
pg. 127, panel 4: There's punctuation missing in the "sorry"s.
pg 128, panel 1: My mistake: it should be "That bastard!"
pg. 128, panel 2: missing punctuation in the first bubble.
pg. 128, panel 3: missing punctuation in the "but"s and "yes"s.
pg. 129, panel 1: Make "Uwaah" bold-italics and the "There, there!" is missing a comma and has a large gab. The "Ahah" is also missing punctuation and shouldn't end with an "h". We also usually wrote it like this "Ah ha ha".
pg. 129, panel 2 "First bubble is missing a coma. I recommend just copy-pasting the script to minimize errors. The rub rubs are too close the the "movement lines".
pg 129, panel 3: "missing punctuation in the last bubble.
pg 130, panel 5: there is a spot you missed in the first bubble. I see what you were going for with the font choice but I think either regular Wild Words or a more radio-like font would be more appropriate.
pg 131: The weird brackets are Japanese quote signs and should be removed.
pg 131, panel 3: the P.M. is missing a dot
and finally: you chose to save it as a jpeg and re-added noise that I removed so painstakingly. Save it as a png instead; I usually use 64 colors. For obvious reasons, don't save this jpeg as a png, you have to use the uncompressed psd. Just saying.
>>
>>1979357
I hope I don't come across too harshly but I would rather you put more effort into a chapter than trying to set up a new scanlation world record.

>>1979325
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By0BSYQDRyUXbnh5MFlNbldIbG8
>>
>>1979290
>>1979291
>>1979295
>>1979337
>>1979357
>>1979358

Yo yo~

Thanks for all the comments. Nothing harsh about it. I knew there would be some inconsistencies and errors so I'm glad you are clarifying the editing style.

However I'll say I do put a good amount of effort into each chapter regardless on how fast I am editing the chapters =P. I just have a habit of leaving or missing things which I don't notice. I knew I'd need to have iterations on the chapters to fix it. So these QCs are great! Quality should go up as I get a grip on the minor things I need to do over time.

All the SFXs I am drawing lol

Yeah I can make them all pngs no worries.

That being said, chapter 55 is nearly done. Been busy with work so haven't really had much time to finalize it. Last 4 pages xP. I'll say I'll post them in roughly 3~ hours.

Cheers
>>
File: Yuu.png (457KB, 793x584px) Image search: [Google]
Yuu.png
457KB, 793x584px
Ayyyy,

Alright here's Chapter 55, took longer than expected.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/b8uqp94ghhhbwzh/VE+-+Chapter+55.zip

Some of the stated mistakes might be still in this one as I haven't started editing the old ones, however I did fix up what I could now.
Tomorrow I'll go through all of the other chapters including 55,62 and 63 and fix hopefully all the errors, as well as change the format to png.

I chucked some color real quick on the Yuu swimming panel. So great~
>>
Hey did everyone else noticed that other threads for Otome no teikoku disappeared from 4chan ?
>>
>>1979822
It's almost like 4chan deletes the threads that go beyond page 10!
>>
I just started reading this two days ago , after stumbling upon it by accident, and it quite surprised me how much I've been enjoying it, especially given it's my first yuri manga.
I'm currently on chapter 45 and I can't help but smile every time I read a chapter, it's pretty heartwarming.

I'm reading it through Dynasty Scans and the latest chapter available is 51; are the more recent translated chapters posted here directly by the translators or do they have a website?
>>
File: page0006_l.jpg (136KB, 770x1100px) Image search: [Google]
page0006_l.jpg
136KB, 770x1100px
126 is out. Ichinose and Asami talk, and Airi and Michiru have a brief encounter.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/kr52ni0cmgwknto
>>
>>1980160
this looks so cute I may have to learn japanese. . . . . .
>>
>>1979305
Sorry for the delay, had some family visiting and didn't have time to do anything.

Chapter 52 has been updated.
Now featuring page 113!
I can't believe I missed an entire page.
>>
>>1979959
The chapters are posted here and uploaded to Dynasty after they're quality checked, you can find the download links for the next couple of chapters if you scroll through the thread.
>>
>>1981531
Alright then, thanks anon.
>>
File: Ca7GS7qWEAA7cHb.jpg (65KB, 771x589px) Image search: [Google]
Ca7GS7qWEAA7cHb.jpg
65KB, 771x589px
>>1981529
Thanks! It looks all good now except for page 104.
When I asked you to change a line into "And who is this", meant a Shizuka's. Furthermore, I think "And who are you?" has an extra space before the "you", in any case, it's not aligned properly. I also changed the script in other places in the 2nd panel and updated the document to reflect all the changes.
>>
>>1981870
Whoops, in retrospect that should have been obvious but I clearly was not paying enough attention.
I fixed the correct line this time.

>>1979767
Good job!
I'm gonna start on 57, just a heads up.
>>
>>1982498
You missed a rewrite in said panel (pg 104, pn 2, 3rd bubble) but it's not that important.
I also noticed that the "stroke" sound fxs in page 108, panel 1 have slightly different angles, unless my eyes are playing tricks on me. This almost always looks like a mistake so what I usually do is rotate one effect and duplicate it. But that's also not a big deal.

Feel free to change those or don't, either way it's approved for release.
>>
>>1982513
alright cool, I'll fix em and submit an upload request, (Can I do that? not exactly sure what your arrangement with the dynasty staff is...)
>>
Proofreading anon here. I didn't see much wrong with any of the recent chapters, but I'll start reading more closely with 57. So:

Ch 57
>Page 3
>I assuming the right word?
"Is 'assuming' the right word?"
>Page 5
>What kind of think
Thing.
>Page 6
>get's
Gets.
>Page 7
>You cousin from the country comes for a visit!
Should be "your cousin" and "came for a visit!"
>>
Ch 58
>Page 9
>Let's leave the two alone!
"Those two."
>Page 11
>Let's put it in right away!
"Put them in" might sound better because when people use "glasses" it's usually pluralized. If they had been referring to a "pair of glasses" then maybe the singular would sound better. Just my opinion.

That's all, I think.
>>
>>1983963
Thanks a lot!

>Should be "your cousin" and "came for a visit!"
The cousin hasn't arrived yet, they are going to come for a visit.
>>
Ch 59
>Page 3
>Chie: Do you also think Onoda-chan is in a bad mood recently?
Maybe "Do you think Onoda-chan has been in a bad mood recently?"
>Miyoshi: Ah! You noticed, too?
No comma, just "You noticed too?"
>C: You can’t apply your standard!
This would read better as "your own standard!"
>Page 4
>A: But maybe you’ll just annoy her with that!
"But you (might/may) just annoy her with that!" sounds better
>prefer to solve
Prefers
>>
Ch 60
>Page 8
>"You went on"
You went to
>Page 9
>Come with me shopping
Come shopping with me
>Page 11
>I'm will go
I will go

Yuu is too cute.

>>1983979
Ah right, then "is going to come" or "is coming" for a visit.
>>
Heya, been a busy week for me. So my bad on
taking a little longer than my chapter a day 'statement' XP

I'm working on 56 should have it done tomorrow or the next. I'm also working on editing 55, 61 and 62, so I've been a little slow...

Currently finished editing 53 and 54 I think all of the errors have been fixed and have also been updated to pngs. I'll repost the links for convenience.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/eqh8gkfw3y0pqt3/VE_-_Chapter_53.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/download/jjn1k9j0qn4v15m/VE_-_Chapter_54.zip

Anyway, hope it's all good. See you for the next chapter!

>>1982498

Gotcha! Sounds good.
>>
File: tumblr_o2d78c59zx1re4j98o4_540.jpg (66KB, 540x656px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2d78c59zx1re4j98o4_540.jpg
66KB, 540x656px
>>
http://www.deviantart.com/art/Now-I-have-this-girl-574115922

http://potatoukomatsudaira.deviantart.com/art/Mine-only-574117981

So these are two links for fanarts of senpai and ichinose, by the same guy/girl
>>
>>1985914
Always nice to find fanart of smaller series like this.

Well, smaller here in the west anyway. I dunno what it's like in Nipland.
>>
>>1985914

http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=6136529

I'm pretty sure the artist is a girl. There's more fanart on her Pixiv.
>>
Chapter 57

http://www.mediafire.com/download/gfcr2zujff0acai/57.rar
>>
was chapter 56 translated?
>>
>>1986443
Drealth is working on chapter 56, I don't believe they're finished yet.
>>
is it possible for someone to help me find chapter 60 of VE? thanks
>>
>>1986610
All the raws are here,
>https://manga.madokami.com/Raws/Otome%20No%20Teikoku

chapter 60 should be the 3rd chapter of volume 5.
>>
http://www.mediafire.com/download/gatat1112oag783/VE+Vol+4-5.zip
>>
File: page0001_l.jpg (190KB, 770x1100px) Image search: [Google]
page0001_l.jpg
190KB, 770x1100px
127 is out, with Honoka and what'shername taking a walk and having a little fun. There's also a brief segment with the manga club that I'm sure everyone here will love!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/0xs973dccd609kv
>>
Also, this
>>
>>1991465

It's Onoda, actually, and the other girl's name is Nanasawa. Cute chapter!
>>
>>1991497

Yeah, I totally spaced on the names. My bad.
>>
>>1986041
Woah thanks for the link !
>>
is this thread still living?

is there another?
>>
>>1998949

It's alive, just not much to talk about
>>
File: page0001_l.jpg (196KB, 770x1100px) Image search: [Google]
page0001_l.jpg
196KB, 770x1100px
128 is out. Midoriri learns a trick to help others and can't wait to show it off.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1stl2cb1eq6z5vy
>>
>>2004086

But damn mask-chan is pretty.
>>
>>2004086
Why is that girl with the glasses so small? Is she a midget? Are there any midgets in mangos?
>>
Someone has the special chapter when Chie meet Ayano and other, before she knows Ai?
>>
Any chapters coming?
>>
>>2009086
wondering the same thing here, i'm stuck at 52 because idk where the chapters are being released at if at all
>>
>>2009086
>>2010539

same here.
>>
I just adore this series an honestly I wish you guys had a donate button for your hard work
>>
>>2011926
Totally agree.
I'm somewhat broke, but I'd definitely donate what I can. I fucking love this series, and you guys totally deserve something for giving your time and effort to it.
>>
>>2010539
The only place they were released was dynasty .... Up to 59 (I think) were finished in this thread but not uploaded to dynasty for some reason
>>
Just thought I'd mention I've re-read Kissing Mars recently, and god-damn, this guy knows his stuff.
>>
>>2005960
nobody has it?
It is a "special" when Chile arrives and does not know anyone and talk to Ayano and Miyoshi for the first time and only looks bad Aichan.
>>
>>2013331
It is the chapter 0. Anyone has it?
>>
File: page0003_l.jpg (111KB, 770x1100px) Image search: [Google]
page0003_l.jpg
111KB, 770x1100px
129 is out. Nao tries another sexy experiment and Ai shows Chie how to wink.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zr64y0aehlqkofg
>>
File: page0010_l.jpg (165KB, 770x1100px) Image search: [Google]
page0010_l.jpg
165KB, 770x1100px
>>2014154
Jesus
>>
>>2014160
Cute!
>>
>>2014160

uuUUHmuhgod
>>
>>2013334
Here you go
http://www.mediafire.com/download/yhbnf8wdf53gvvm/0.rar

>>2012417
>>2011596
>>2010539

As for why nothing new has been posted on dynasty...usually DrMario quality checks and approves the chapters before they get uploaded and they have been gone from the thread for a while...
Along with the person working on chapter 56.

I uh, may have been sitting on chapter 60 for a while but haven't been too sure whether to just post it or to wait on them...
>>
>>2014978
Whoops, I meant chapter 58 not 60.
>>
File: Cc9o0Q0UMAI6-qa.jpg (81KB, 1024x684px) Image search: [Google]
Cc9o0Q0UMAI6-qa.jpg
81KB, 1024x684px
Hey guys. Sorry for having been gone for so freaking long. I feel really bad. Who's still with us? I'm gonna do QC's of what you've done very soon. And I will also be editing some chapters.
But first, some cosplay.
>>
File: Cc9o0QdVAAAPYi9.jpg (73KB, 1024x684px) Image search: [Google]
Cc9o0QdVAAAPYi9.jpg
73KB, 1024x684px
>>
File: Cc9o0QTUEAE4zNl.jpg (84KB, 1024x684px) Image search: [Google]
Cc9o0QTUEAE4zNl.jpg
84KB, 1024x684px
>>
File: Cc9o0QTUUAATppO.jpg (85KB, 1024x684px) Image search: [Google]
Cc9o0QTUUAATppO.jpg
85KB, 1024x684px
>>
File: Cc9rdL0UkAEmrjb.jpg (60KB, 684x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Cc9rdL0UkAEmrjb.jpg
60KB, 684x1024px
>>
File: Cc9rdLvVIAADnc5.jpg (69KB, 682x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Cc9rdLvVIAADnc5.jpg
69KB, 682x1024px
>>
File: Cc9rdLxUAAAj3wA.jpg (82KB, 684x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Cc9rdLxUAAAj3wA.jpg
82KB, 684x1024px
>>
File: Cc9U6f8UAAAY0Dm.jpg (119KB, 854x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Cc9U6f8UAAAY0Dm.jpg
119KB, 854x1280px
>>
File: Cc9U6gEUAAE8OAJ.jpg (107KB, 851x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Cc9U6gEUAAE8OAJ.jpg
107KB, 851x1280px
>>
File: Cc9U6gLVIAAx5aD.jpg (100KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
Cc9U6gLVIAAx5aD.jpg
100KB, 1024x682px
>>
File: Cc9WTT9UIAEU4ZH.jpg (63KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
Cc9WTT9UIAEU4ZH.jpg
63KB, 1024x680px
>>
File: CdR4nPIUAAABObK.jpg (87KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
CdR4nPIUAAABObK.jpg
87KB, 1024x683px
>>
File: CdR4nZkUAAAmJ25.jpg (185KB, 1024x1535px) Image search: [Google]
CdR4nZkUAAAmJ25.jpg
185KB, 1024x1535px
>>
File: Cc9WTUBVIAEivTo.jpg (59KB, 799x799px) Image search: [Google]
Cc9WTUBVIAEivTo.jpg
59KB, 799x799px
>>
File: Cd-teL_UIAA9XcH.jpg (80KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Cd-teL_UIAA9XcH.jpg
80KB, 1024x768px
>>
File: Cd-tgHVUsAAS_l0.jpg (83KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Cd-tgHVUsAAS_l0.jpg
83KB, 768x1024px
>>
File: Cd-tiMmUUAAI3iA.jpg (91KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Cd-tiMmUUAAI3iA.jpg
91KB, 768x1024px
>>
File: CbJBCrvUYAEgCrs.jpg (42KB, 487x467px) Image search: [Google]
CbJBCrvUYAEgCrs.jpg
42KB, 487x467px
>>
>>2015125
Great news, and this is pretty nice cosplay!
>>
File: CbveXg3VIAAkomM.jpg (51KB, 713x501px) Image search: [Google]
CbveXg3VIAAkomM.jpg
51KB, 713x501px
>>
File: Cdq-X-RVAAAP7k1.jpg (43KB, 576x725px) Image search: [Google]
Cdq-X-RVAAAP7k1.jpg
43KB, 576x725px
>>
File: Cc1Q8jbUUAA4yvA.jpg (132KB, 834x824px) Image search: [Google]
Cc1Q8jbUUAA4yvA.jpg
132KB, 834x824px
FYI Volume 9 is now out as both physical and digital edition.
>>
>>2015154
Thanks for the dump, Dr Mario!
>>
>>2015151
I like how close they've become, but I hope Torajirou keeps putting them in sexy scenarios despite being the married couple. Chie should be tempting Ai with her curvy body, and Ai should be getting Chie all worked up with her slender figure and cool look.
>>
>>2014978
>>2014981
aw dude post it please!!!!!
>>
>>1986427
Here's the QC for ch. 57.

pg 174, panel 2: I think the "No way no way" etc would be better with punctuation i.e. "No way! No way! No way!"
pg 174, panel 4: I think it would be better to write out the Ok -> Okay
pg 176, panel 5: The ellipsis is touching the "Hm", maybe put a bit of space between them.
pg. 177, panel 1: that's a nice font, what is it?
pg. 182, panel 1: not sure why I translated it as "scrunch" but I don't think that makes sense. Maybe make it "clatter" instead? Like she's clattering with her teeth?

Good edit.
As a very minor point, you could consider making zips instead of rars. The way I see it zips have only upsides compared to rars. You can open them like a folder to check the contents without needing to extract them and you don't need to close that expired trials version window every time.

I just edited chapter 59. That was still for grabs, right?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By0BSYQDRyUXaDU2bkFjZ1lXekU
>>
File: CeRwQEdUEAErXvu.jpg (64KB, 739x1024px) Image search: [Google]
CeRwQEdUEAErXvu.jpg
64KB, 739x1024px
>>2015605
*up for grabs
>>
>>2015612
Is this "pro" cosplay of some variety? The characters seem really identifiable for being such a series with such a mundane setting, and the models are getting really intimate with each other.
>>
>>2015605
Thanks!
I'll fix that up later tonight and I'll do zip files from now on.
I also have the kindle file for vol 9 so I'll post that as well.

As far as I know 59 was free and here's chapter 58
http://www.mediafire.com/download/74vt4tncvr9nu6y/58.zip

Glad to have you back.
>>
>>2015670
>>2015605
Thank you for the chapters!!!

I love this series.....
>>
>>2015670
>pg 15, "Good idea! Since I am wearing glasses!" said twice.
>>
>>2015140
Oh my
>>
>>2015670
>>2015670
pg 0: The cover has an incorrect extension.
pg 3: The name of the 3rd story in chapter 60 is "Mari goes to her class reunion"
pg 5, panel 1: 3rd and 5th bubble need to be cleaned, also decrease the line spacing of the chapter name.
pg 5, panel 3: small rewrite: change "like" into "liked"
pg 6, panel 3: the text in the middle of the page should be "This was the beginning of the sword hunt" which you skipped, that line is supposed to be a translator's note in the margin
also page 6, panel 3: 2nd bubble needs to be cleaned
also also page 6, panel 3: you can still see where you cleaned the original text on the vertical lines at the top left and middle left
pg 8, panel 1: I think you used manual line breaks in Alicia's bubble and didn't delete the spaces after it, which causes the "you!" and "hair!" to be misaligned.
Also I think I made some grammar mistakes in this panel. Alicia's line should be "I've never had my hair as long as you!" I think Ian's "I did!" is okay (short for "I did have") but I'm not sure.
pg 8, panel 4: Honoka's "Hee" needs some kind of punctuation, e.g. "Hee..."
pg 9: "Ta-da! Like this" goes into the first bubble and "It's a two-piece set!" is also said by Alicia.
Ian says "Uwah" Cute" and then "Stunning! Really good!"
pg 12, panel 1: There is a tiny bit of the original text in the second bubble (top right and bottom right)
pg 12, panel 2: there is a small bit of the white outline of the original sound FX on ed's sweater
pg 13, panel 2: you can clearly see where you erased something to the left of the second bubble
pg 13, panel 3: 1st bubble needs to be cleaned. also the text is a bit too big for the 3rd bubble
pg 14, panel 3: grammar mistake, should be "I've wanted to draw you..."
pg 14: there is a large black blob at the bottom of the page

-continued-
>>
>>2016209
pg 15, panel 2: as the other anon pointed out, the first bubble is supposed to just say "Wow! A specs case!" Also Alicia's second bubble needs to be cleaned.
pg 16, panel 1: Not very important but I think "clack" would be a better sound effect than "click"
pg 16, panel 3: Ed's first bubble is just "...", everything else goes into the second bubble.
pg 16, panel 4: the last bubble needs to be cleaned

>>2015642
no idea

and I finished chapter 60
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By0BSYQDRyUXdnJhMktfTGZ4U2c
>>
>>2016209
Thanks!
I fixed everything up, let me know if there's anything else.
Probably should have given this chapter a once over before posting it, I hadn't looked at it in a while...
>>
>>2016243
>pg 13, panel 2: you can clearly see where you erased something to the left of the second bubble
it's better now, but to be sure: you do know about the clone stamp tool, right?

pg 15, panel 2: "glasses" is slightly misaligned, probably due to line breaks + space again.
same with "treasure it" in the next panel
not really important though

Can you post Volume 9? That would be awesome.
>>
>>2016210
pg 44, "...do you not want me to go the the class reunion?"
should be "to the class reunion"
>>
>>2016250
I do not...
To be completely honest my first time using Photoshop was literally on this manga and I originally only really planned to put words in bubbles.
I have no idea what anything is, I've just been winging it thus far.

And here's the file for volume 9
http://www.mediafire.com/download/bh39aydzofm9lcx/otomenoDi_Guo__9_%28yanguziyanpuk_-_An_Hu_Ci_Lang.azw3
>>
>>2016210

Oh Ayano, one-way affection is a misfortune...
>>
>>2016552
Thanks!

>>2016659
In that case,you've been doing a pretty good job so far.
Cloning is an indispensable method for filling in the background where there used to be sound effects. This guide explains the basics under cleaning->cloning 101.
http://www.insidescanlation.com/etc/The-Idiots-Guide-to-Editing-Manga/guide/main.html
I also like to use cloning to draw lines. When using the mouse or the tablet, you often get lines that are too clean for the picture. So when I have to fill in e.g. the panel border I use the clone copy tool (I could copy & paste as well tho).
One thing that isn't mentioned in the guide is that you should always try to match the pattern position when filling in the background. The grays in these pictures all have some pattern due to the ways they were scanned. If you clone the pattern in the right position (the darkest pixel is where it would be etc) then the result will be crisp. If the pattern is misaligned, then the edges will be blurry and there is no way to fix it. You kind of have to do it right the first time.

Imma post a few more tips that come into my head since you are new to this.
-The first thing that you should do is duplicating the main layer (ctrl-j). That way you can always check how the page used to look by blending out the edited layer. It's useful to see how the original text was styled, where sound fx are etc.
-For the same reason, I like to put all the text layers into a folder so you can blend them out with one click.
-Actually, since the new raws are png's, the very first thing you should do is change the color mode from indexed to grayscale. I'm saying this just in case. Editing in indexed color mode would be pretty bad.
-continued-
>>
>>2016878
-Duplicate existing text layers (by crtl-j or by pressing alt while moving them with the move tool) if you want to copy their effects and or rotation etc.
-Hold shift to lock directional movement on one axis. Useful when you have already horizontally positioned something perfectly and don't want to mess that up or vice versa. Also useful for drawing a perfectly straight horizontal/vertical line.
-Hold ctrl to disable photoshop's snapping. If you want to position something pixel-perfect, always use this (unless snapping helps you do it oc). However, you have to click first, and then use crtl, otherwise it moves everything.
You already seem to have a good grip on using paths to make text more interesting. I like your curved sound effects. Here's something you might not know. You can use the "advanced text options window" (or whatever it's called, the thing on the very right next to the text color) to change the baseline of the text. That way the text doesn't have to be on top of the path it can be under on in the middle of it.

Also, you haven't told me the name of this font yet
>pg. 177, panel 1: that's a nice font, what is it?
>>
>>2016878
>>2016881
Wow thanks!
That's super helpful, some of those things I figured out from trial and error, like not being able to edit in indexed color mode but most these I didn't know.

And my bad I hadn't actually gone back to chapter 57 and only skimmed your corrections
The font is I Want My TTR!
And I fixed 57
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2crdjjdybzjtqn6/57.zip
now in zip!

Also...what do we do about 53-55? Drealth hasn't been back for a while? are they good to upload?
>>
>>2016982
>Also...what do we do about 53-55? Drealth hasn't been back for a while? are they good to upload?

Hm. I still have some problems with ch. 54 & 54. The bubbles look a lot better now for the most part but I still think the sound effects look messy. Perhaps we should wait a bit to give Drealth a chance to drop in?

In other news, I completed chapter 61
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By0BSYQDRyUXSDdmcWMtUlZidWc
>>
>>2016982
2 more tips:

-When you write some text that is partially obscured by something else (like the border of the panel), the usual method to do that is to mask it by creating a layer mask and painting on it. However, when your text has an outline this creates a problem! Because Photoshop first applies the mask and THEN applies effects. There is no good reason for this imho but you can't change it. This means you have a new outline where you the mask meets the text when there shouldn't be one. So instead what I do in this case is to copy the part that should be obscuring the text and place the copy in front of the text layer.

-You know how, when you go back a step, Photoshop also changes the selected layer? Yeah, turns out Photoshop is pretty terrible, who would have thought. I highly recommend downloading this script and assigning a shortcut to trigger it. It goes back a step while preserving layer selection.
http://polycount.com/discussion/comment/1251347#Comment_1251347
Ask me, if you need help setting it up.

If I'm allowed to rant for a bit, this is not only a bad interface design decision, it's an important, bad interface design decision. The total number of hours lost because artist accidentally painted in the wrong layer because of this behavior must be astronomical. Whoever is responsible for this has caused more damage just by this than ordinary people do in their entire lives. /rant
>>
>>2017146
Oh yeah, also hold alt + right mouse button and drag your mouse left or right to change the brush size. So you don't lose your mind going all the way to the top and back all the time.
I assume you know most of the rest already but...

-to zoom in, hold alt + mouse wheel
-to pan, hold space and drag to move, of course.
-hold alt + left click to pick a color and press x to switch background and foreground color (for scanlating you only need black and white for most of the time anyway).
-hold ctrl and drag to move the selected layer/selection.

If someone know how to set Photoshop up so you can pan even if the whole picture fits into the viewer, please tell me.
>>
>>2017136
>>2017146
>>2017161
I greatly appreciate these tips
And the script, especially the script, by all means rant away.
I'm on the wrong layer far more often then I'd like to admit.
I'll let you know if I have any problems.
>>
Here is chapter 56: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By0BSYQDRyUXQnJzQmRxNVlBVjg

Btw I noticed that most of the ellipses in the google doc scripts were replaced by a single character. Which is not helpful, because most fonts don't support that. I turned off any automatic substitution by google docs for the future but for all current scripts this is something to look out for.

I also want to say that I was being a bit over-dramatic in this part
>One thing that isn't mentioned in the guide is that you should always try to match the pattern position when filling in the background. The grays in these pictures all have some pattern due to the ways they were scanned. If you clone the pattern in the right position (the darkest pixel is where it would be etc) then the result will be crisp. If the pattern is misaligned, then the edges will be blurry and there is no way to fix it. You kind of have to do it right the first time.
This is definitely true for any noticeable pattern like most screen tones. When you use the clone copy tool to fill in the plaid pattern in the manga, it's obvious that you have to pick the right location, for an extreme example. But for the tiny, tiny chessboard pattern of the grays and such, you normally don't need to sweat it. That would be silly.
>>
Chapter 55: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By0BSYQDRyUXWE9rcFVtOGJyOXM
>>
File: 00044.png (211KB, 844x1200px) Image search: [Google]
00044.png
211KB, 844x1200px
Part time QA anon here. I checked up to 61 of the newly released chapters and they're all good. Except the squiggly font used in 61 a few times was sort of hard to read in a distracting way. I liked all the other font choices, just my opinion that a different one would be better there.

This manga really is fearless in having its characters and their backstories and emotions be the centerpiece of its storytelling. The characters are totally mundane and the setting is everyday highschool events, but they all progress and develop and every moment is really relateable and well thought out. I see it continuing in the hallowed tradition of Hanjuku Joshi or Prism in that way. Good job working together Dr Mario and Chupapapa (+other editor(s) +anyone else), and thanks for the raws Chupapapa.
>>
File: CetLfw9WsAEQj0M.jpg (118KB, 789x697px) Image search: [Google]
CetLfw9WsAEQj0M.jpg
118KB, 789x697px
>>2019674
I think I'm gonna have to agree with you there. Changed it for a different font.
Also, I had completely forgotten that Drealth also edited this chapter before from the magazine scans. There were some good ideas that I adapted.

Here is chapter 54. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By0BSYQDRyUXc19UN2xKcTJ6TDg
Here too, Drealth had some good ideas that I used but ultimately I wasn't happy with some of the typesetting.

When we finally start releasing all these chapters, I suggest publishing one per day instead of all at once to give the forum a chance to discuss each chapter individually.
>>
>>2020292
keep this crap off the yuri board!
>>
>>2020292
As interesting as that is, it's not board related so there was literally no need to mention it.
>>
>>2020299
It's relevant so chill.
I don't know if you've noticed but VE has BL scenes, too~
>>
>>2020305
People who like the author are reading this thread and some of them will find this news interesting. No one is forcing you to click that link.
>>
>>2020291
>pg 141
>I have give it my all!
shouldnt that be " I have to give it my all!" ?
>>
>>2020347
Fixed!
>>
>>2020312
it has nothing to do with yuri. if you are posting on the yuri board it has to be about YURI. doesnt matter if its from the same author who made VE and Maka Maka. unless it is some other yuri work he is doing, its probably best to not post it.
>>
>>2020548
thats ridiculous. just sad.
>>
>>2020548
>Just as the rule about images containing men being forbidden is ridiculous and is not enforced.
Got enforced in the Madoka thread earlier.
>>
>>2020292

Neat, thanks pal.
>>
Chapter 63: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By0BSYQDRyUXVGFsQ2JJQzVEVkE

Chupapapa, a heads up: I've rewritten a few lines in chapter 62 and added soundwords. So if you've already begun typesetting, you should check for changes.

On that note, do we still have our wonderful proofreader-anon?
>>
>>2021599
Cool, thanks.
I'll be sue to go back and fix things.
>>
>>2021599
Yes, I posted here >>2019674

63 looks good to me.
>>
>>2022161
mixed feelings on the name
>>
>>2022184
>>
You guys are the best, thank you for your work scanlating this series.
>>
One thing before you release 58, if you see this: on page 3, in the table of contents under Ch 60 it says "Valentine's at the Onada's" and it should be "Onoda's" I assume
>>
>>2024665
Thank you.
I noticed two other things on the table of contents.
-"Chie's Birthday 1" is written with an enclosed 1 but Chie's Birthday 2 is with the 2 in parentheses.
-I renamed "Battles on a Windy Day" To "Struggles on a Windy Day"

Uh, and can I ask you to redraw the sternomastoid of Ed on page 12, panel 2? It's the v-shaped muscle at the lower neck above the "shock" sound effect.
>>
Dang you guys are on a roll lately, just wanted to say thanks.
>>
>>2024665
Thanks for pointing that out.

>>2024678
No problem, all fixed.
>>
>>2024678
>>2025597
Thanks for the translations! It's nice to finally get my VE fix again.
>>
File: tumblr_o296jdZyVx1re4j98o1_1280.jpg (320KB, 1280x1706px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o296jdZyVx1re4j98o1_1280.jpg
320KB, 1280x1706px
Chapter 62

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6brmmq1m3j29d3o/62.zip
>>
>>2026031
No mistakes that I could find. And I like this version of the script.
>>
>>2026031

Many thanks!
>>
>>2026031
Love best couple chapters
>>
>>2026031
Good job!

Page 61: Make the chapter title just a bit smaller so it has some space to the left and right.
Page 62, panel 1: Miyoshi's "Ah ha ha" is missing punctuation; either an exclamation mark or a comma.
Page 62, panel 2: The ... in the first bubble gives the dialog an awkward cadence. I recommend simply erasing the bubble.
Page 63, panel 2: "Jan" and "Ken" definitely need punctuation.
Page 64, panel 3: the "Hah, I'm scared" looks a bit awkward. Perhaps try pasting a more accommodating bubble there.
Page 65, panel 1: You forgot to clean the sound effect in between Ayano's hair.
Page 68, panel 1: Here we go again~ haha! The library sign doesn't have quite the correct perspective. You need to make the text parallel to all the sides.
Page 69, panel 2: The "Well" doesn't have punctuation. You can replace it with a "..." since the space is so tight.
Page 70, panel 2: Change Ai's line into "What are you talking about?" if it fits the bubble.
Page 72, panel 3: add a comma in "What, are you sulking now?"
>>
Chapter 64: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By0BSYQDRyUXUVRSamtacWlRV3c
>>
>>2027240
Cool, good job!

Chapter 62 has been updated.
>>
File: 64.png (234KB, 844x1200px) Image search: [Google]
64.png
234KB, 844x1200px
>>2026111
thx

Page 64: You didn't change the "Hah, I'm scared" and I still think it looks kinda bad. I meant kinda like this.
<-
Page 68: The sign is better now but now it looks like it's cursive and I continue to be a difficult boss, lol. I'm gonna post my version (next post)
Page 69: When I wrote "replace" I actually meant replace. The "well" isn't really necessary and it bothers me a bit that the font size varies. Not too big of a deal tho.
Page 70: Now Ai's line is "What, are you sulking for now?" The "for" isn't supposed to be there. I guess "What are you sulking for now?" works, too, but then you need to remove the comma again. I meant it to be read as "What? Are you sulking now?"

Oh, and can you position the "HA?!" on page 65, panel 1 a bit better? It's not bad but it's a bit close to the border.
>>
File: 68.png (253KB, 844x1200px) Image search: [Google]
68.png
253KB, 844x1200px
New library sign.
I also changed the font to Baron Neue because I thought that the single descender if written in Bevan looked awkward on the sign.
>>
>>2027353
Btw, Chupapapa, you've said that your Photoshop doesn't have smart objects and that rasterizing the text and then transforming them leads to quality issues (obviously). But you can avoid that by just making the text really, really big before rasterizing it. This way, even after the perspective transformation, the quality will still be high enough that it will look like a vector object.
And to be honest, this is what I did with smart objects, too. When I made the tutorial, I thought that Photoshop would rasterize the object AFTER transforming it, but that just wasn't true! Smart objects don't have quality benefits compared to simply rasterizing manually, their only benefit is that they have (limited) editability.
>>
>>2027363
And since you said that you're new to image editing:
-Vector shapes are mathematical descriptions of shapes with (in practice) infinite precision. Almost all fonts are vector shapes which is why you can blow them up to ridiculous resolutions and they are still perfectly smooth.
-Rasterizing means rendering something e.g. a vector shape as pixels. Since your monitor is pixel-based, the image has to be rasterized at SOME point. But a rasterized image does not have infinite definition anymore and every transformation will lead to quality loss. That is why you generally want to rasterize as late as possible.
>>
>>2027350
>but now it looks like it's cursive
should be "italics", not "cursive"
>>
>>2027350
Whoops, I completely missed the correction for page 64, my bad.

>>2027353
okay, I put this in, I'll eventually figure out how to do this on my own. maybe.

>>2027363
Yeah I have PS elements...I can't afford real Photoshop. Thank you for all your patience and advice while I attempt to figure out what I'm doing...
>>
What chapter was when miyoshi and ayano were rubbing against each other missionary in the science room?
>>
>>2029166
>>
>>2029169
Oh wow some how I missed it twice in a row.
Thanks!
>>
Chapter 65: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By0BSYQDRyUXdmVZaDlQT3VkQmM
Could someone please look over this before it gets published?
>>
>>2029786
No mistakes that I could find.
>>
>>2029786
pg 106
>for a loong time
was that done on purpose?
>>
>>2029915
Yes.

Chapter 66: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By0BSYQDRyUXQ2xfeTU1aXZ5cjA
>>
>>2030224
Ai's thought bubble font is relatively hard to read at smaller than source resolution. I don't know if you want to make it bigger or what.
p.125
>third panel, come one
That's all I could see.
doki doki
>>
>>2030297
Thank you.
I made a lot of mistakes this time <_<
A whole bubble disappeared on the last page. I think I know what happened there, it's an annoying Photoshop bug.
I don't know what you mean with the doki doki though.
>>
Haha wow guys you sure are doing great with the fast amount of releases!
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.