[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't Harry end up with Hermione?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 294
Thread images: 34

Why didn't Harry end up with Hermione?
>>
>>87848333
she wouldn't do deepthroat or anal
>>
dullest franchise
>>
>>87848390
"No!"
>>
>>87848333
Because when he proposed she said "No!"
>>
Genuinely because Rowling had to do damage control for writing such cliche set that became the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises written for people whose imaginative lives are confined to TV cartoons, and the exaggerated (more exciting, not threatening) mirror-worlds of soaps, reality TV and celebrity gossip. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.
>>
>>87848333
Because HarryxGinny + RonxHermione allowed all main characters to become one big happy family.
>>
>>87848333
she had a gross vagina and no amount of magic would fix it
>>
>>87848333
Why didnt Harry use herminone to fly the ring into mordor?
>>
>>87848741
I don't care about your reasons, if you leave the image out you may as well not fucking post it

1/10
>>
>>87848333
She was a feminist nut job.
>>
>>87848806
This. She was hufflepuffed too many times.
>>
>>87848741
>namefag
>no image
>changing the whole first paragraph and not just the first sentence
this is like the anti-pasta
>>
>>87848333
>Why didn't Harry end up with Hermione?
He saw her as a sister and wanted Ron's sister whom he got with eventually.
>>
>>87849092
Does this mean he was really in love with Ron and got with Ginny because it was the closest he could get to breeding Ron?
>>
>>87849142
Well, Harry had yellow fever so he settle for a ginger.
>>
Was this series of movies considered kafkaesque?
>>
>>87848333
Harry fucked:
>The french girl
>The asian girl
>The ghost girl
>The weirdo girl that went from okay to witch face in the span of two movies
>Ron's sister

meanwhile
Ron fucked:
>Hermione

based alpha harry
>>
>>87849382
asians with british accents are like space aliens
>>
Actual correct answer: Hermione is Rowling's self-insert and Ron is the one she wanted for herself.
>>
>>87849460
It's because it's easier for them to migrate to Aus compared to the UK
>>
I'm convinced Rowling did it to bait her angry fans into writing a million fanfics about the two getting together, which rowling has enjoyed reading over the years in her billion dollar mansion.
>>
>>87849382
Also Ron had that other girl that got raped by a werewolf
>>
she is annoying as fuck. just imagine dating her. you'd be done with her after a couple of dates.
>>
It's pretty much spelled out in the books she's like his sister and he had yellow fever at the time before he started wanting to fuck Ron's sister. Kind of ironic though considering he was trying to convince himself at first he just saw Ginny as a sister IIRC.
>>
>>87848333
harry always relied on his friends so I think it's pretty good that rowling didn't degrade ron to a completely unimportant sidekick at the end
the constellation with ginny/harry and hermione/ron also makes it more of a big family, which is a pretty comfy thought tbph
>>
>>87848333
Because Ron needed more to do in the story. He was always the weakest link.
>>
Why didn't some adult "nerd" with peter pan syndrome developed from consuming this product not write this series instead?
>>
>>87848390
they fucked themselves from the start, marketing it as 'for kids', while still trying to make it 'dark'. the 4th movie onwards should've been rated R.
>>
I wish she actually wrote more extensively about Draco and his wife. Seemed sweet but tragic. Then again, she hates Draco just because he made fangirl panties wet. She's so petty.

>give him a sympathetic marriage story
>kills his wife just because Draco can't ever be happy for long

Seriously fuck Rowling.
>>
File: IMG_9051.jpg (25KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9051.jpg
25KB, 300x225px
>when Buckbeak was killed
>Hermione chose Ron's shoulder to hug
>THEN Harry hug Hermione
This scene always seemed gay to me
>>
Hermoine was Rowling's self-insert and Ron was based on a friend that she'd liked. She'd always intended for them to end up together since the beginning of the series as a kind of wish-fulfillment, so it was always a forgone conclusion to her whether or not they'd end up together - even if, as the series progressed, it might've made more sense not to have gone that way.

I think the idea was that, with Harry marrying Ron's sister and Ron marrying Hermoine, Harry would be part of this big extended family full of people he loved, which is what he always wanted, but Ginny was such a boring non-entity that it felt pretty contrived and who really fucking cared anyway? Should've loved Luna good instead.
>>
>>87850498
that's the position in which they usually double team her
harry doesn't mind some mud on his wand if you catch my drift
>>
>>87850410
well, Rowling didn't actually write the >8th book, it was some two even bigger hacks than her. But I do agree we should've known more about Draco's family life, it was fucking bullshit to kill her off for no reason at all just to have some drama I already forgot about.
>>
>>87850410
When did she kill Draco's wife?
>>
>>87848379
>she wouldn't do deepthroat
What are you talking about? Haven't you listened to the audio books?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW_7FzbYsEI
>>
>>87850650
That scene made Harry look doubly girlish
>>
>>87848333
Friendzoned...
>>
He was ugly.
>>
>>87850237
>just imagine dating her
I do this literally every night ;_;
>>
>>87850595
>Ginny was such a boring non-entity
She really fucking was, both in the books and the films. Rowling likely planned for Harry and Ginny to end up together from the start but she did a rubbish job at making the character appealing or interesting in any way.
>>
>>87849996
Kek the biggest number of fics of Hermione with someone else besides Ron and Harry is with Draco. Fangirls love the whole redeeming a hateful character with the power of love.
>>
>>87849382
>Harry fucked:
>>The french girl
>>The asian girl
>>The ghost girl
>>The weirdo girl that went from okay to witch face in the span of two movies
Where are you getting this from?
>>
>>87848333
Hermione was initially into Harry but as they grew and she became taller and he remained short her interest wained. Manlets eternally BTFO.
>>
>>87851371
FUCK ROWLING
>>
>>87851266
At the beginning of HBP, Harry spends pretty much all summer at the Wesley house, and is around Ginny most of the time, doing things like playing quidditch. Rowling set up a scenario in which Harry spends all that time around her and catches feelings without realizing it, which is pretty believable. The problem is, the book is about the school year, so all of that development had to get seriously condensed, and it ends up seeming like it comes out of nowhere if you don't connect the dots.
>>
>>87851371
>having to choose between a manlet or a manchild
Hermione's struggle suddenly makes sense.
>>
I rewatched the second to last movie yesterday on TV and just realized the guy with the crazy eye had died off camera. When I first watched the movie i wasn't even aware he was gone after that scene with the dementors chasing them
>>
>>87848333
>Rowling didn't make Draco a grill and have hatesex with Harry
>>
>>87848333
He was white.
>>
>>87848333
He was dull
>>
File: harry quen.jpg (378KB, 979x1269px) Image search: [Google]
harry quen.jpg
378KB, 979x1269px
because its shit
>>
>>87851686
glad someone remembers the proper image
>>
Because it was obviously meant to be her and Ron from the very first book and her getting with Hardy would have made so sense whatsoever.
>>
File: 1497296700356.gif (3MB, 260x291px) Image search: [Google]
1497296700356.gif
3MB, 260x291px
>>87851686
>citizen bane
>>
>>87851686
>watch the harry potter series
>it sticks with you
>watch the other movies
>forget them quickly
>>
It's pretty hilarious how much of a Mary Sue she turned Ginny into in order to compensate for the fact that there was literally no reason for her and Harry to be interested in each other. She goes from bland side character to SHE'S LIKE THE HOTTEST GIRL EVER AND THE BEST AT MAGIC AND FIGHTING AND SHE'S A STAR QUIDDITCH PLAYER AND SHE'S TOUGH AND FEISTY TOO
>>
>>87851980
you're probably a pedo
>>
>>87851550
Tsundere is an art form beyond the reach of HP series
>>
>>87851456
It's only really in HBP that Harry even starts to notice Ginny as a girl, instead of another Weasley/friend. He showed no romantic interest in her at all in the first five books. Then he sees a lot more of her one summer and suddenly love potions (which smell different to everybody, according to what attracts them) smell like The Burrow and Ginny's hair, and we get really weird passages about Harry's "raging beast" whenever he thinks about Ginny.

>>87852000
People tend to misuse the term Mary Sue a lot, but it's actually the perfect term for Ginny. You're completely right, she did nothing special for five books and suddenly she's one of the best Quidditch players in the school, she's so good at hexes and jinxes that Slughorn gets her into his secret club (which is normally reserved for relatives of famous people, so Ginny getting in because Slughorn saw her perform a spell is a HUGE exception), and she's dating five guys in the span of about a year because she's amazingly popular and attractive.

It really felt like Rowling arrived at book 6 and suddenly remembered she only had two books to somehow get Harry and Ginny together so she completely changed Ginny's character into the ultimate Mary Sue who can do no wrong.
>>
>>87850651
Didn't she have info on her on her website or something though? I don't really remember, but Draco really got shit on in a way. She like gave him happiness just to talk it away and be all bittersweet unnecessarily.

>>87850660
Well she dies in that play thing because of some dumb curse. Draco was willing to let the Malfoy name die so his wife wouldn't (having a child was risky for her health) but she wanted to leave someone behind for him so he wouldn't be lonely when she died so they had one anyway. She dies when their son is like 12 or something.
>>
>>87848741

>being this angry about children/ya fiction
>>
>>87851266
Weirdly enough, I actually wanted Harry senpai to notice Ginny when she was younger but Rowling killed it for me when she turned her into a Mary Sue. Fuck, even that weepy bitch Cho was more interesting with him.
>>
>>87852000
Falling for your best friend's sister when she gets hot and older isn't that unrealistic, but the Mary Sue shit made it seemed way forced and obnoxious.
>>
>>87852311
I just don't get why Rowling wrote Draco with all the stereotypes of a rich bitch bully but made him male.
At first I thought it was because she was basing it too much off personal experience and couldn't write a male equivalent, but she pretty much nailed it with Riddle, despite how little limelight that part got.
>>
>>87852686
Rowling doesn't watch anime you dumb weeb.
>>
>>87852791
Japan didn't invent those stereotypes, dumbass.
>>
draco should have been a girl and eventually ended up with harry

the ginny thing never made sense
>>
>>87852791
I wonder about that. At the moment I can't think of that many examples but I remember thinking that a lot of stuff in HP seemed to be influenced by certain anime, or anime tropes.

One that springs to mind is the fights between Harry and Voldemort, where their wands connect in a laser beam and there's a ball of energy in the middle and they both try their hardest to push it forwards towards their opponent. That shit is straight out of Gohan VS Cell in DBZ.
>>
File: a.png (17KB, 98x79px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
17KB, 98x79px
>>87852000
>>87852022
>>87852311
>>
>>87851686
>avatar
>>
>>87853101
end your life
>>
>>87852686
Tsundere can work with male characters.
Riddle, Dumbledore and Snaps were openly gay triangle so Rowling can let the tsundere thing come to its natural conclusion

Malfoy is based on the same prototype of BL comedy but his screen time had to be shared with Harry's heterosexual love interest.
>>
>>87853101
>At the moment I can't think of that many examples
hey now
>>
>>87853183
n-nani?!
>>
>>87852839
Male and females can be bitchy rich cunts weebtrash, it's only anime that really push the female oujo staple fuck off already.
>>
>>87853101
>>87853303

yaoi fangirls are the worst. Keep your delusions to bumblr please.
>>
>>87853390
>Male and females can be bitchy rich cunts
One can get taken seriously. The other looks like a little bitch.
> it's only anime that really push the female oujo staple fuck off already.
What the fuck does that even mean? I don't watch your chinese cartoons
>>
>>87848333
he likes firecrotch
>>
>>87853320
I know, it's not much of an argument. Years ago I used to be into anime/JRPGs a lot and I remember seeing many similarities, but they could just be universal tropes.

Stuff like the school setting, all the teachers being really awesome and powerful, the leader (headmaster in this case) being a frail-looking old dude who is actually the most powerful of everyone in the story. It's basic shounen stuff.
Not saying Rowling's a huge anime fan who got her inspiration for HP from watching anime, just saying there's some similarities, but again, those tropes could be universal.

You could make a much better case for Rowling being inspired by Tolkien's work.
>>
>>87853390
You forgot the part that the rich bitchy character actually loves the MC but cannot express him/herself

I wouldn't say the books and the movies were unaware of this though. The homosexual tension between Malfoy and Harry were obvious
>>
>>87848333
Because JK fucked up, we all know this.
>>
It was set up from the beginning that he would end up with Ginny. If you thought Harry and Hermione were gonna be a thing, Rowling successfully meme'd you.
>>
File: pure.jpg (73KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
pure.jpg
73KB, 970x545px
>>87848333
Best Emma has truly aged like wine
>>
>>87853632
Stop if you imply that HP was influenced by anime they will eat you alive
>>
>>87848770
All purebloods are inbred to some degree so what's wrong with H/H and then Ron+Ginny?
>>
>>87853688
No they weren't. Retards who think interaction = flirting don't even realize they weren't being baited, and that they are just desperate retarded faggy crack shippers.

They tried to kill each other.
>>
>>87849539
Actually the totally incorrect answer;

>>87848333
Word of God is it was because Ginny is Rowling's self-insert and she wanted her to get with the MC.
>>
File: harry.jpg (38KB, 400x203px) Image search: [Google]
harry.jpg
38KB, 400x203px
>choose your child actor, set to star in 8 films over the span of 10 years.
>your main star stops growing in the 3rd film

Was casting a manlet a part of their plan all along?

Did they stunt his growth for the part?
>>
>>87853977
Well Harry was a bit of a manlet to start, so it fits
>>
File: laughing whores.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
laughing whores.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>87851686
>avatar
>>
>>87848390
would you say the "harry potter universe" is at least somewhat interesting?
I know its not constructed with a lot of depth, but at least the atmosphere is well done
>>
File: 1426331822712.jpg (12KB, 247x250px) Image search: [Google]
1426331822712.jpg
12KB, 247x250px
>>87854164
>missing Citizen Bane
>>
>>87848333
Because he's a beta male.
>>
I never once for a moment thought Harry and Hermione would become a couple, and I grew up reading the books. Especially at the start, where I wasn't even thinking about future marriages of these 11-year-olds. But it was really obvious looking back that Ron and Hermione's constant bickering and clashing would lead to romance.

I think a lot of people who wanted Harry to be with Hermione were just self-inserting as Harry and had the hots for Hermione in the films.
>>
>>87854164
did luvia and rin fucked?
>>
>>87854457
It's a world that needed to be left with a degree of mystery, not have everything charted out.
That way the plot holes and inconsistencies appear as something to be wondered about, not hastily patched over and made even worse.
>>
File: ckane.jpg (171KB, 792x553px) Image search: [Google]
ckane.jpg
171KB, 792x553px
>>87851686
CITIZEN BANE, IT'S CITIZEN BANE!
>>
>>87854457
>would you say the "harry potter universe" is at least somewhat interesting?
No. It's actually exceptionally shoddy worldbuilding, like the value of the galleons flailing widely from scene to scene within a single book sometimes, enchanted muggle items being everywhere but somehow also illegal, spells and magic items like the chimney teleport and time turner being introduced as mere plot coupons without any actual though going into how they would affect things in general, and most infamously the fact that Quidditch has rules that a nine-year-old can instantly identify as making no fucking sense at all.

It's all so badly wrought that it's unironically the worst trait of the series.
>>
>>87851686
Fuck the good earth.
>>
>>87854730
This.
It's clear that the first three books were all written completely on the fly, and she never really repaired the foundations. All the attempts to fix it just inspired more questions.
>>
>>87854730
The craziest thing is that when the series was alive and in the early days after it's end, Rowling was a god tier worldbuilder and constantly expanded the lore without sacrificing the appeal and mystery. Suddenly with tons and tons of post-Hogwarts content, that world lost its appeal.
>>
>>87851266
She got semi-interesting when she started dating, with her "I was with him, now I'm with that other one" - and then Rowlings shoved her right into the background, because her personality would have overpowered Hermoine. She did that to all of the interesting female characters - Ginny, Luna, Tonks - the minute they got interesting, they got shoved into the closet for Hermoine's "Oh, RONNNNN" bullshit. I knew Ron and Hermoine were a couple from the beginning, Rowlings was doing the typical chick flick "I hated him...until I loved him" nonsense. I always laughed how Harry's one love interest, outside of Ginny, is a cardboard cutout character who's completly useless and boring - again, not to overshadow Hermoine.
Rowlings was obviously the buck tooth girl in school who never got asked to the dance, she lived vicariously through Hermoine - and she doesn't get young boys and teens. A group of teenagers, living together at school, and can do magic, and they're not fucking their brains out, talking about sex constantly, using magic to spy on the girls, and jerking off furiously and talking about it, like all guys do? C'mon. In a setting like Hogwarts, you'd have blowjobs and fucking going on in every corner - and that's without female students. And, Hermoine and Ginny never got the embarrassing period talk? The boys didn't get the sex talk? Dumbledore is gay, but a school of preteens and teens away from home are sexless?
>>
>>87848741
Opinion discarded immediately
>>
File: Scoopus the poopus.jpg (237KB, 990x1699px) Image search: [Google]
Scoopus the poopus.jpg
237KB, 990x1699px
>>87855151
Her lack of an editor for her Extra material is pretty glaring
>>
>>87852686
Rowlings was raised on British TV, where characters like Draco are common. You're basing her characters on US tropes, which she probably had little to no exposure to. Rowlings is my age, and I lived in the UK as a teenager, when my dad got transferred there. They had very little exposure to US media, they'd just started showing US tv shows. Her characters, in the context of a British upbringing, make sense. That's why I think a lot of US people don't quite get it. She mined british TV and media pretty deeply for her characters - she's a child of TV, for sure, but British TV, and that's a different beast than the US.
>>
>>87849287
>Was this series of movies considered kafkaesque?
It's mostly considered Rowlingish.
>>
>>87853835
Rowlings has repeatedly stated that she based Hermoine on herself at 11. Her life was nothing like Ginny's.
>>
>>87855415
I was more basing it off the posh Boarding school stereotypes, where the Rich Bully is more like Tom Riddle than Malfoy.
Malfoy was halfway there, with the cronies, bragging about wealth and social putdowns, but unlike the usual cases he never really actually did anything with them, and the only teacher he managed to suck up to was Snape and that hardly counts.

That said, I completely forgot about contemporary TV she would have had, so you're probably right.
>>
>>87848770
Also ginny was her daughter self insert do she HAD to end up with the main protagonist
>>
>>87853814
>simple hate
What was the fun in that
>>
>>87855194
I mean, I agree with everything you're saying but obviously all that raunchy stuff would never be in the books. What fucked up publishing company would green-light a series of seven books about teenagers fucking each other in a castle.
Obviously if you think about it rationally, that kinda stuff did happen at Hogwarts, but Rowling wasn't about to go into great detail about what went on in the Quidditch shower rooms. As for the period talk/sex talk, I think it's fair to say that Hogwarts left that up to the parents. Or there was a one-off, compulsory sex education lesson by Snape, but again, why put that in the books.
>>
>>87855523
>Her life was nothing like Ginny's.
Her life was nothing like Hermione's either.
>>
>>87849460
>>87849460
Kek
>>
>>87855732
She literally stated she based Hermoine on herself at 11 years old. Are you saying she's lying, or are you neckbearding?
>>
>>87855629
>I mean, I agree with everything you're saying but obviously all that raunchy stuff would never be in the books.
Honestly the Harry and Ginny thing would have been much more interesting if he'd had to deal with her taking dick from like ten guys before his turn ever came around, rather than just """briefly dating""" them.
>>
>>87848333
Cause Harry is a punk bitch
>>
>>87854730
Maybe if the game just ended when the snitch is caught it would make more sense, but the 150 points are completely retarded.
It's just another plot device to make Harry the hero.
>>
>>87850595
>Hermoine
>>87855194
>Hermoine
>>87855523
>Hermoine
>>87855788
>Hermoine
Have you genuinely gone your entire life reading and writing this wrong? It's H E R M I O N E.
>>
>>87850237
>>87851193
>>
>>87855250
>stercore evanescet
>>
>>87854578
>It's a world that needed to be left with a degree of mystery, not have everything charted out.
Exactly. The stuff that doesn't really make sense should've been left a mystery to ponder over. Instead Rowling religiously makes up bullshit explanations on Twitter.

>>87855026
The first three had that lovely magical feeling, showing a magical world that didn't always make sense, but that was the wonder of it. It was silly and funny. Once she started expanding the world more heavily, the magical world suddenly had to be taken seriously which really clashed with the whimsical foundations it had started out with.

>>87854730
>like the value of the galleons flailing widely from scene to scene within a single book sometimes
This is another example of how Rowling started out with a silly, whimsical world, with Galleons, Sickles and Knuts. One Galleon is worth 17 Sickles, or 493 Knuts, which is a really stupid way to deal with currency, but that was the point, Wizards were weird and set in their wacky ways.
And then Rowling later states that a Galleon is worth 8 British Pounds, which completely ruins it, as it should've been kept a mystery how this weird Wizard currency converted to real world money.
>>
>>87855151
>when the series was alive and in the early days after it's end, Rowling was a god tier worldbuilder
What the FUCK are you talking about. On the contrary, as >>87855026 said, most of the damage was done in the first couple books already and the sequels after that just made it gradually worse by failing to explore or correct the glaring issues in any way, exacerbating them and making them more and more obvious. It was shit from beginning to end, Anon.

>>87855905
>Maybe if the game just ended when the snitch is caught it would make more sense, but the 150 points are completely retarded.
Correct. That's the worst part. If it had just been the game-ender and given zero points, the entire game would have made sense. It's a MINUSCULE alteration and yet, nothing. She and it is incredibly retarded.
>>
File: manlet degaf.jpg (412KB, 1280x971px) Image search: [Google]
manlet degaf.jpg
412KB, 1280x971px
>>87851371
Harry only remained short in the movies because based Dan is a manlet. In the books it is specified that Harry has a big growth spurt one summer and he was initially smaller because of bad diet at the Dursleys which is rectified by Hogwarts' feasts.
>>
>>87856015
>And then Rowling later states that a Galleon is worth 8 British Pounds, which completely ruins it
No dude, that's not what ruins it. What ruins it is that the value of a galleon fluctuates madly *within the wizard subculture*, and *from scene to scene within one book*. E.g. in the first book the entire Weasley family doesn't have a single galleon to their name, then right after Harry's been to the bank a wand costs like ten or twelve galleons, I forget how much precisely but you see the problem. Later he pays a galleon or two to settle his tab at a fucking café or some shit. Any dumb shit Rowling barfed up on social media later is just the fecal icing on the shit cupcake, the fundamental problem is contained *entirely within the novels themselves*.
>>
>>87855820
There's a lot of subtext in the later books though, especially HBP. It's never stated Ginny was still a virgin after dating all those guys. And Harry's seriously jealous and angry at Dean Thomas(?) and wanted to kick him out of the Quidditch team. Remember, they're all 16 at that point, at that age you're likely to assume a couple could have sex.
Back to the subtext though, there's lots of it in HBP, about Harry's "raging beast". There's even a scene where he's in bed and he keeps thinking about Ginny, and that inner beast just kept cropping up while he's fantasizing about her, and it literally says Harry was happy everyone else was asleep and that Ron couldn't see what Harry was imagining.
He's obviously masturbating to Ginny in bed, but Rowling's not going to state that. She implies it in a kid-friendly way, but it's still there.
>>
>>87855909
I don't care, it's a stupid fucking name anyway.
>>
>>87856043
tfw you will never go to a feast, let alone one that magically gives you any food you desire for every single fucking meal every day of the week for the school year
>>
>>87856159
How much should a wand cost, if nothing at all? I can't think of a muggle equivalent that could be as indispensable as a wand in the wizard world. Maaaaaybe a smartphone nowadays. They need it to do basically everything, so not having one is what, like losing a hand?
>>
>>87856585
It's amazing that Hogwarts isn't filled with fat cunts
>>
>>87856883
Slave labor makes really healthy food.
>>
>>87856880
To be fair Ollivander is the absolute best at making wands in the whole world, so of course he is going to be expensive.
>>
>>87856883
Everyone in Hogwarts has to leg it up and down those massive staircases.

And you probably end up going twice as far as you need to a few times a week when they shift.
>>
File: dumbledore.png (1MB, 1305x667px) Image search: [Google]
dumbledore.png
1MB, 1305x667px
Ah, Albus, is it?
Yes, sorry you had to suffer under that one too, but your father meant well, and I could hardly correct him from this portrait, could I?
Did I ever tell you about your father, incidentally?
Well he was part of my ultimate plan to stop Tom Riddle, a boy who became a sociopath due in part to his upbringing in a cold orphanage, where he had no friends to speak of and nobody to explain the implications of his emerging power
So, knowing this, I sequestered your father in a home with his abusive aunt and uncle, where he was treated like an outright freak. Given that he even had a splinter of the most evil man who ever lived in him the whole time, it's amazing he came out as well as he did, come to think of it.

And he was a good friend
>>
>>87856880
>not having one is what, like losing a hand?
Correct, so together with >>87856965 that would make you expect that the ten-ish galleons a wand costs would equate to a fuckton of money, at least a hundo per galleon and quite possibly as much as one grand each (or going by the fact that they're big fat gold coins it could actually be more, the spot price is about US $1320/oz. as of me googling it just now). In any case the price of a wand should definitely not be "five times the bill at the tearoom", especially since they apparently bother with nearly 1/500ths subdivisions of it.
>>
>>87856965
Yeah that's a fair point. I guess the Ministry could provide cheaper wands to those who can't afford to buy.
>>
>>87857147
I see your point, but if something is so necessary to the everyday life of a community, shouldn't it be more accesible to the "middle class" wizard?
>>
>>87857326
12 Galleons for the most important wizard item that in most cases ends up lasting for life is pretty cheap.
>>
>>87848333
Because Ron was pathetic and needed a win.
>>
>>87857326
Think of it as like, every musician needs an instrument. A new saxophone costs thousands of dollars but it's something you could theoretically use you're whole life.
>>
File: SizeConstancyBig.jpg (17KB, 274x277px) Image search: [Google]
SizeConstancyBig.jpg
17KB, 274x277px
>>87856043
Those girls in the background are experiencing size misperception.
>>
>>87856159
>>87857147
I agree there was no sense of proportion with the wizard currency. But it's like I said, it all started out as whimsical and silly, and made for young children. The Weasleys had to be established as a poor family, so we get to see that their vault only has a couple of Sickles and Knuts.

As for wands, obviously they are going to be expensive, most Wizards spend their entire life with their very first wand, so wand makers would be out of business if they didn't charge a lot. But Rowling wasn't really thinking about price proportions at that time I think. She just made up random amounts to go with the nonsensical community she was building.

>>87857155
Like most things in Harry Potter, I'm sure there's systems in place for people who can't afford wands, kinda like the sponsorship deal Hogwarts has for people with no money like young Tom Riddle. And as someone said before, Olivander was renowned worldwide, but I'm sure there's other places you can buy wands on the cheap, maybe even second-hand.
"The wand chooses the Wizard" stuff has been refuted several times because anyone can use any wand. It's just implied that the "special wand" that chooses you will get the best results. But if I had 7 children I'm not going to sell my house for the money to get them their best wand, I'd get them second-hand, or give them the wand of an old relative who died years ago.
>>
File: 764523680.png (5KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
764523680.png
5KB, 420x420px
>>87853977
>that image
>>
>>87857812
>I'm sure there's other places you can buy wands on the cheap, maybe even second-hand.
They do say that there are plenty of wandmakers other than Ollivander but he is the best of the best.
>>
>>87857147
Harry's wand cost 7 galleons.
Harry's broom cost 340 galleons.
Harry won 1000 galleons in the triwizard thing.
Which was enough to fund an entire new business and stock it for the twins, after Harry gave it to him.
Rowlings said the galleon was worth around 5 British pounds.
>>
>>87857880
Exactly. Even Krum knows about him and he's from Bulgaria or something, where they have their own really famous wand maker.
Hagrid just said Olivander's the best place to get your wand, so he got Harry to get his wand there. He knew Harry had the money for it.
The Weasleys probably get their wands from a bargain bin outside of a Knutland or some other chain of cheap chav shop.
>>
>>87857023
IIRC, he wasn't expecting Vernon and Petunia to be so horrible to him.
>>
>>87858176
It's his own fucking fault, McGonagall told him that they were the worst kind of people she had ever seen in her life.
>>
>>87857947
>35 pounds for the most important tool you'll ever have, and you'll most likely never have to buy another one of
>1700 pounds for what's basically the wizard equivalent of a motorbike or moped
>5000 pounds to start a new business

The only one that sort of makes sense is the broom. I mean it was top-of-the-range.
As for Fred and George's shop, I think they did a lot of investment, market research and merchandise selling even before Harry gave them the money. Their stuff was pretty popular at Hogwarts. I suppose 5000 pounds is enough for a deposit to get you a place in Diagon Alley.
Don't forget they absolutely raked it in as soon as they started as well, with the Ministry ordering hundreds of their spell-blocking cloaks to use as official Auror uniforms. The twins were brilliant at what they did.
>>
>>87856585
>>87856883
I'm guessing the regular breakfast it's just toast and porridge and what not.
>>
>>87858137
Ron's first wand was inherited from Charlie, his second was made by Ollivander.
>>
>>87848333
Did Rowling ever confirm is Jesus was a wizard?
>>
>>87858522
Yeah, but he needed his dad to win the wizard lottery for him to get the second wand.
>>
>>87858176
>>87858391
The plan was to give him a normal childhood outside of the wizarding community because the fame would turn him into a spoiled little cunt, which didn't suit Dumbledore's plans for Harry. It turned out alright in the end, though I do think Dumbledore would've done something about the abuse if he'd known about it, which he probably did.
If he was so desperate to have Harry grow up around Muggles, he could've left him at an orphanage or something. "They're the only family he has left" is a shitty excuse if that family abuses and mistreats the boy.
>>
>>87858514
They bet all of their money from their sales at school and mail order business betting on the world cup, and Bagman paid them in Leprechaun gold, wiping them out. That's why Harry loaned them the 1000 galleons. Considering how stocked the store is, and being in a very expensive location like Diagon Alley, the 1000 galleons doesn't make sense to me, considering how quickly they put it together.
>>
>>87858521
There's toast and porridge, but also bacon, eggs, kippers and stuff. Wouldn't surprise me if you could get a full English. Not really a feast, but still.

The evening meals were always good stuff though, basically sunday roast and 20 kinds of pudding. No idea why the students got excited about the big feasts like Halloween, Christmas, the starting feast etc, because they always had amazing food
>>
>>87858717
>They bet all of their money from their sales at school and mail order business betting on the world cup

Either they knew that the world cup was rigged or they made a really retarded business decision to gamble away all their life's savings in something that nearly never happens.
>>
>>87851686
Quentinposting is genuinely my favourite type of shitposting.
>>
>>87851686
desu, i prefer this meme to "No!"
>>
>>87858701
He left him with Dursleys because it was the only place where he was 100% safe from Voldemort because Dumby did some magic with Petunia who had Lily's blood
>>
>>87848741
should have included an image. I would have taken you more seriously
>>
>>87858701
Did you even read the books, or watch the movies? Harry was at the Dursley's because of Petunia, and the spell that was on the house that kept him safe from Voldemort, which required Petunia because of her blood tie to harry's mother. If it was just to keep Harry from getting an ego, he could have had Ron's family take him in long before they did - he had to leave the minute he turned 17 because the charm or spell wouldn't work anymore. He also worried about Harry's ego, but the main reason he was at the Dursely's was he was safe there. It's a major - if clunky - plot point, I don't see how you could miss it.
>>
File: IMG_0048.jpg (48KB, 615x410px)
IMG_0048.jpg
48KB, 615x410px
CHANG'D
>>
>>87856883
you can just magic the fat away like they grow bones with that skelepotion.
>>
>>87859071
YELLOW'D
>>
>>87858893
>>87858985
I can't believe I completely forgot about the blood thing. I knew about the powerful magic keeping Harry safe but I figured that was just Dumbledore being a extremely talented wizard, and that he could've done that to any house. Totally forgot that the magic needed the blood tie.
>>
Ron was a mongoloid and dumb comic relief. He should've gotten killed in the last book or earlier and Harry could have a harem with Hermione and Luna.
>>
>>87858837
I think it was a complete gamble because it had the highest odds and so the most pay-out.
I also think this was Rowling's way of addressing the whole "Quidditch rules are retarded" issue, by putting in a Quidditch match where the team that got the Snitch still lost.
>>
>>87851486
I really dislike the way they handle some characters deaths. like this dude or Lupin. i dunno, they are supposed to be important characters and then all of a sudden poff they're dead. Not even a miserable death scene.
>>
Hermione was Rowlings self insert. Well Harry was probably the rich attractive guy she wanted she instead settled for Ron the lesser option.
>>
>>87859728
She went on a killing spree because muh war and Lupin got killed because she wanted his kid to be Harry jr, it's like pottery
>>
>>87859071
>this amount of tealfilter
I can't believe this was ever considered acceptable, it's like the cinematic equivalent of 1970s suits or some shit.
>>
>>87848741
ABSOLUTELY BASED
>>
>>87856043

Is that Abradolf Lincler ?
>>
>>87848333
wasn't it obvious that hermione is some kind of communist? of course she was more interested in the working class ron instead of harry who flaunted his wealth every chance he got like the trolley and his top of the line broom
>>
>>87860739
She's a liberal, like Rowlings. Rowlings was the kid of two professionals, and lived pretty well off until she left home. Hermione's parents were both dentists, which means they were solid middle class, if not upper middle class.
>>
>>87860739
Watch your mouth, Harry would be adored by the common man.
>>
>>87860739
To be fair, Harry didn't pay a single cent for his Nimbus 2000 or his Firebolt, they were both gifts. And Harry never flaunts his money, he just did the trolley bit to make friends with Ron who only had some squashed corned beef on bread.

I quite liked how Harry dealt with his money actually. It's said multiple times that he'd love nothing better than to give it all to the Weasleys, but that they would never accept it. And Ron hated being treated by Harry and only accepted those World Cup binoculars on the condition Harry wouldn't buy him anything for Christmas or his birthday.
>>
>>87861349
the nimbus wasn't a gift, it's mentioned that money was taken out of his vault for it in the books
>>
>>87861349
He still got his Firebolt because of a rich relative.
>>
>>87859622
>Ron was a mongoloid and dumb comic relief
In the films, yeah.
Ron is actually a really well-written character in the books, and his actions and attitude make sense. They touched on it during GoF, when Ron and Harry stop being friends for a while. Hermione pointed it out. Ron's got five older brothers to compete with, all his possessions used to belong to his brothers so he's got nothing he can call "his", his family is poor, and he's always standing in the shadow of Harry, who's rich, famous and admired for being a hero and always saving the day.
The fight they had made complete sense. Ron just wants a taste of fame or glory. But it's always Harry that gets all the attention.
And then his character arc concludes nicely with him turning out to be a really good Keeper, and all of Gryffindor love him, and he ends up with Hermione.
>>
>>87848333
Because she was black.
>>
>>87852436
>five guys
Zoe Ginn?
>>
>>87848333
Because "the real hermione" is a nigger.
>>
>>87848741

>missing the image
>taking that much initiative in the first paragraph
>not properly formatted
>namefagging

This is a disgrace.
>>
>>87861456
No, the Nimbus was definitely a gift from McGonagall/Dumbledore.

>>87861535
Often wondered how Sirius Black managed to get into a broom shop and buy the most expensive broom on the market while he was on the run from the Ministry, every wizard knew his face, there were posters of him everywhere, and he didn't carry any money. Sirius Black turning up at Gringotts for a withdrawal would've been the end of him.
>>
>>87856043
>Has 9 dogs simultaneously
>Smoking
>effay looking

Seems pretty based to me.
>>
>>87861889
Sirius apparently just used ordered the broom by mail using a fake name.
>>
>>87861998
Is that actually stated somewhere? I don't remember.
Seems legit, though he'd still have to pay up and he doesn't strike me as someone who would rob an innocent wizard family for like 5000 galleons just to give his godson a nice gift. Maybe there was a stash of money at Grimmauld Place.
>>
>>87862185
It is stated in the letter Sirius sends Harry at the end of Book 3.
>>
>>87861900
It's 10 dogs you retard, count the leads
>>
>>87862810
how would you know the tenth one is a dog?
>>
>>87862897
Because if he was walking his GIMP the lead would be more elevated, he's a manlet
>>
>>87862321
I really must reread the books/re-listen the audio books, I keep forgetting little things like that.

I just googled it and apparently Sirius wrote a mail order and got Crookshanks to deliver it to the owl post. The mail order said to take the money out of Sirius's vault though, which would still arouse suspicion if you ask me. Even if it was from the Black family vault, Sirius was the last remaining Black. Still, it's no use trying to make sense of every little thing in HP. Though I could try and tweet Rowling about it just to see what kind of excuse she would make up.
>>
>>87850206
>raped by a werewolf

haha anon that's pretty weird and scary haha
good thing i'm not a girl so even if I were a wizard I wouldn't have to worry about it
hate to imagine what that'd be like haha
>>
>>87863396
goblins don't seem much concerned about shit like that, they allowed notorious Death Eaters to keep their vaults even after they got life sentences in Azkaban.
>>
>>87863661
Yeah the goblins are pretty obviously some sort of malevolent Swiss banker equivalents. They probably delight in fucking the Ministry of Magic over.
>>
>>87849382
>Harry fucked:
>The french girl
Nope, just a kiss on the cheek.
>The asian girl
One kiss. One terrible, terrible date.
>The ghost girl
She just watched him bathe.
>The weirdo girl that went from okay to witch face in the span of two movies
Who the fuck are you talking about?
>Ron's sister
True.

>>87850206
Ron had a fling with Lavender yeah. Also, Greyback only killed her in the movie, and no rape was involved. Made no sense anyway since Greyback was all about infecting children by biting, never killing them.
>>
because his mom was a ginger too

clearly that means ginny was the only choice right from the beginning
>>
>>87848333
Because J. K Rowling didn't want the two white main characters to get together, which is she paired Hermione with Ron the ginger (not white)
>>
>>87863863
But she still kept Harry away from the mudblood
>>
>>87863661
>>87863764
Good point actually. Lot of history and hate between Goblins and Wizards. I wouldn't be surprised if they saw that letter, knew there was some way to trace it to Sirius, but didn't do it because they fucking hate Wizards.
Goblins in general were treated rather weirdly, I remember reading that they aren't allowed wands by international law.
>>
>>87851427
holy shit haven't seen dummy in a while
>>
>>87863823
Oedipus complex and all that. Harry was always gonna end up with a ginger, but it would've been funnier if it was a random Weasley brother like Percy. Or Molly Weasley
>>
>>87848669
Alright I chuckled. Man that's how ingrained that meme has become.
>>
>>87865143
Where does it come from? I haven't really been following the series outside of the books
>>
>>87865268
The copypasta is taken from a spiteful review by some well-known movie critic, and anons embellished it a bit. It gets posted every thread. Usually in the first five posts.
>>
File: Luna_lovegood.jpg (365KB, 1078x911px) Image search: [Google]
Luna_lovegood.jpg
365KB, 1078x911px
>harry could have fucked this
>>
>>87849382
who the hell is the weirdo girl? luna?
>>
>>87865715
my man
>>
>>87865715
Yeah, but he chose to ditch her on their date to go stalk Malfoy
>>
>>87865747
I was puzzled by that as well but I think you nailed it. It's nonsense though, Luna stayed cute throughout the movies. These days though...

>>87865715
Obviously best girl.
>>
>>87865829
nah the bitch was kidnapped and put in a dungeon in the 7th movie so she's all raggedy, that's probably why he said that
>>
>>87850595
Not true. She's admitted that Harry was meant to end up with Hermione from the beginning but that she felt bad for Ron being alone so she had him wind up with her instead
>>
Actually since I was little I kind of hoped for a true developement in Malfoy´s character and always thought it´d been interesting if he and Hermoine had something at some point
>>
>>87852436
>weird passages about Harry's "raging beast"

well I dont remember THAT part of the book
>>
>>87866373
You did well blocking out the worst parts of HBP, thought it was more of a dancing monster in his stomach than a raging beast
>>
>>87866440
now i want to reread the whole series to pick up on all the noticeably shitty writing and sexual innuendos that i missed as a kid
>>
>>87865938
I don't think so. He probably meant the actress, who looks like a cokehead these days.

>>87866101
I've grown tired of explaining this, please just google it. Rowling was very much misquoted in that interview and the internet blew up with Harry/Hermione stuff. All she said was that she planned Ron and Hermione from the start but as the books progressed and the characters developed, she didn't feel like they were a good fit anymore but she did it anyway for personal reasons. Not a single mention of Harry.

>>87866373
It comes up a few times in HBP. It's referring to Harry's jealousy of Ginny dating all those guys, and Harry's inner turmoil of wanting Ginny, but not wanting to piss of Ron by dating his sister. The wording was just a bit weird, which makes you think this raging beast might not just be referring to Harry's jealousy but something more physical instead.
>>
>>87848741
I think you're probably right that it would be too obvious/cliche. I'm still mad that they setup Malfoy for a redemption and then forgot about it and ended with him as nothing more than a mannequin that was drug around from scene to scene.
>>
>>87852686
>>87850410
Draco is a great character. A rival with a back story and he does most things as well as Harry. Well Draco gets better grades, but Harry is pretty dumb.
>>
File: EW circle 2.webm (2MB, 850x354px) Image search: [Google]
EW circle 2.webm
2MB, 850x354px
>>87853764
>tfw Emma Watson's sex doll will be the best seller when sex dolls become mainstream
>tfw all the other Emma's will have to admit that Watson is the best Emma

feels good fa.m
>>
>>87866978
>Well Draco gets better grades, but Harry is pretty dumb.
Isn't Draco a pureblood though and Harry is half mud-blood of low tier wizards? Voldermorts horecrux was his crutch
>>
>>87853764
I don't get this. She's like... aggressively plain. I understand why women like her, especially nerd women, because she fits the type of """beauty""" that comforts their egos, but men? Not only is she no ScarJo, she's not even pretty, she doesn't look remarkable in any way. She's just some extremely average bitch, the very most averagely atttractive girl in your class in middle school.
>>
>>87867226
I just wanna rape feminists
>>
File: 775.jpg (116KB, 1500x1001px) Image search: [Google]
775.jpg
116KB, 1500x1001px
>>87867226
There's nothing wrong with vanilla ice cream.
Also her neck is very sexy.
>>
>>87867145
Hermione was a mudblood too idiot, that is literally the point of her character, to show mudbloods can get good grades too. Harry was just lazy and 2cool4school and never studied
>>
>>87856880
$400-$3000 a wand is like a college student's laptop.
>>
>>87866978
>but Harry is pretty dumb
He was pretty good at school stuff despite someone trying to kill him every single schoolyear.
>>
>>87848333
I only watched the first and second Harry Potter movies, felt they were kind of boring do they get better after? I only watched the trailers of the rest of the movies and they had a Twilight/Hunger Games kind of feel
>>
>>87867366
>Harry was just lazy and 2cool4school and never studied
More like spent his time concerned with the evil teacher/ monster in the pipes trying to kill students/ mass murderer that sneaked into the castle/ deathly tournament he was forced to participate in/ wizard hitler coming back.
>>
>>87858605
>poor as fuck
>win lottery
>spend it all on a vacation
what was their problem
>>
I'm still surprised by it. I never really cared for it to happen but then they gave him Ginny instead which was worse since I barely felt like she even existed when I read the books. Even the Asian chick made more sense.
>>
>>87855557
But Hermione was her very own self insert, wasn't? Besides Ron was based on her high school crush or something like that (according with a Studio Universal original tv movie I half watched a few years ago).
>>
>>87867664
>Ginny instead which was worse since I barely felt like she even existed when I read the books
I can't blame you, she is literally who in books 3, 4 and most of 5
>>
File: 1453780656958.jpg (43KB, 852x300px)
1453780656958.jpg
43KB, 852x300px
>>87861791
hmmm
>>
>>87867801
hehehe
>>
File: Is it a game.jpg (64KB, 529x480px) Image search: [Google]
Is it a game.jpg
64KB, 529x480px
>>87848741
Listen, faggot. I come to HP threads for one reason, and one reason alone. Do not fuck with the pasta!
>>
>>87865497
Which critic for which movie? I'm ignorant
>>
Ok, this has been driving me crazy for seven movies now, and I know you're going to roll your eyes, but hear me out: Harry Potter should have carried a 1911.
Here's why:
Think about how quickly the entire WWWIII (Wizarding-World War III) would have ended if all of the good guys had simply armed up with good ol' American hot lead.
Basilisk? Let's see how tough it is when you shoot it with a .470 Nitro Express. Worried about its Medusa-gaze? Wear night vision goggles. The image is light-amplified and re-transmitted to your eyes. You aren't looking at it--you're looking at a picture of it.
Imagine how epic the first movie would be if Harry had put a breeching charge on the bathroom wall, flash-banged the hole, and then went in wearing NVGs and a Kevlar-weave stab-vest, carrying a SPAS-12.
And have you noticed that only Europe seems to a problem with Deatheaters? Maybe it's because Americans have spent the last 200 years shooting deer, playing GTA: Vice City, and keeping an eye out for black helicopters over their compounds. Meanwhile, Brits have been cutting their steaks with spoons. Remember: gun-control means that Voldemort wins. God made wizards and God made muggles, but Samuel Colt made them equal.
Now I know what you're going to say: "But a wizard could just disarm someone with a gun!" Yeah, well they can also disarm someone with a wand (as they do many times throughout the books/movies). But which is faster: saying a spell or pulling a trigger?
>>
>>87867801
>Ooga, booga
You got me here!
>>
>>87867606
>what was their problem
Clearly being totally incapable of managing money is why they were poor in the first place.
>>
File: 1473058031438.jpg (41KB, 1033x679px) Image search: [Google]
1473058031438.jpg
41KB, 1033x679px
>>87868010
>Basilisk? Let's see how tough it is when you shoot it with a .470 Nitro Express
>>
>>87868010
I know this is pasta but looking at a picture of a basilisk's eyes still petrifies you
>>
>>87867483
Harry was setup to be good at innate magic and physical magic like a DnD sorcerer while Hermione was great with technical wizardry but sucked with wild force of will (emotion) magic. It could have gone where Harry wouldn't even need a wand. But wasted potential.

>You could have had Harry turn into the Highlander
>>
>>87868010
>.470 Nitro Express
Avada Kedavra, meet Avtomat Kalashnikova.
Imagine Harry out in the woods, wearing his invisibility cloak, carrying a .50bmg Barrett, turning Deatheaters into pink mist, scratching a lightning bolt into his rifle stock for each kill. I don't think Madam Pomfrey has any spells that can scrape your brains off of the trees and put you back together after something like that. Voldemort's wand may be 13.5 inches with a Phoenix-feather core, but Harry's would be 0.50 inches with a tungsten core. Let's see Voldy wave his at 3,000 feet per second. Better hope you have some Essence of Dittany for that sucking chest wound.
I can see it now...Voldemort roaring with evil laughter and boasting to Harry that he can't be killed, since he is protected by seven Horcruxes, only to have Harry give a crooked grin, flick his cigarette butt away, and deliver what would easily be the best one-liner in the entire series:
"Well then I guess it's a good thing my 1911 holds 7+1."
And that is why Harry Potter should have carried a 1911.
>>
>>87868162
The worst part was him spending the last couple of books spamming Expelliarmus and Protego.
>>
Harry was into jocks. Both the girls he dated at Hogwarts were Quidditch players. He didn't like bookish types like Hermione.
>>
>>87868272
>Harry was into jocks
So just like his mom?
>>
>>87868010
This is like some Dresden Files shit.
>fighting against necromancers armed with flame throwers
>shooting vampires with shotguns
>going head to head against people possessed by fallen angels who wear full body armor
>>
>>87868272
he just wanted to fuck his mom
>>
>>87868336
Snape said Harry had her eyes. Creep as shit yo.
>>
>>87854547
>I think a lot of people who wanted Harry to be with Hermione were just self-inserting as Harry and had the hots for Hermione in the films.
This, so much this, is pretty clear when you actually meet one of those in person and talk about it.
>>
>>87866348
Malfoy could have been the Vegeta to Harry's Goku.
>>
>>87868396
Everyone single character said that
>>
>>87868185
WIZARD 3-2, THIS IS WIZARD 3-3. ADJUST FIRE. SHIFT HOGWARTS. DANGER CLOSE, OVER.
THIS IS WIZARD 3-2. ADJUST FIRE, OUT.
THREE PLATOONS. WIZARDS IN THE OPEN. SOME AIRBORNE, OVER.
WIZARDS IN THE OPEN, OUT.
SHIFT FROM HOGWARTS: EAST 500, NORTH 200, OVER.
EAST 500, NORTH 200, OUT.
THREE ROUNDS, HE, SHORT FUSE, OVER.
THREE ROUNDS, HE, SHORT FUSE, OUT.
SHOT, OVER.
SHOT, OUT.
SPLASH, OVER.
SPLASH, OUT.
EAST 100, NORTH 200, FIRE FOR EFFECT, OVER.
EAST 100, NORTH 200, FIRE FOR EFFECT, OUT.
EFFECT IS GOOD. LOTS OF LITTLE PIECES, OVER.
ROGER, OUT.
>>
>>87868561
>When I went to Hogwarts I wanted to fuck your mom
>Everyone wanted your hot mom
>But your jock dad kept pantsing me and everyone laughed at my briefs and I wasn't big enough to make the girls blush
>I am bitter and single for the entirety of my life and have double wizard powers
>btw you have her eyes
>BTW this potion will change your gender
Snape hated that Harry sucked at making potions
>>
>>87867226
Scar jo... please shes pretty but emma is fuckin beautiful. Also shes not doing any Kardashian shit, like lips and brows. Most men find the kardashians ugly.
She looks like a nice and feminine women.
Just not caking your face in make-up is a huge plus.
>>
>>87868869
>Snape hated that Harry sucked at making potions
No, he hated that he was physical evidence that James fucked his waifu.

Harry was never as shit as other students like Crabbe, Goyle or Neville.
>>
File: sad-gryffindor.png (763KB, 880x667px) Image search: [Google]
sad-gryffindor.png
763KB, 880x667px
>ywn chill with your friends in the common room on a snowy winter evening while the rising threat of Wizard Hitler's Return looms in the back of everyone's mind
feels bad, lads
>>
>>87848333
Reminder that in the books Hermione is a nerd with bad hair that cleans up well after she gets her buck teeth fixed, while Ginny is a redheaded sports girl and basically a school idol that even racist Slytherins can't help but to lust over.

Harry made the best choice. At least in the books.
>>
>>87869128
Neville was such a weird change. It is like he hits puberty in the last book.

>Being better than Crabbe and Goyle
It isn't hard to beat the retarded, but then you have to come to terms with the fact you medaled in Special Olympics boxing.
>>
>>87869342
the real strength of this series is the comfy parts
>>
>>87854547
>I think a lot of people who wanted Harry to be with Hermione were just self-inserting as Harry and had the hots for Hermione in the films.
Bruh
No men actually care enough about the movies, let alone the relationships in them, to do that. It's the reverse: nerd girls self-inserting as Hurrmoninny and having the hots for Radcliffe wanted them together.
>>
>>87848741
Good pasta.
>>
>>87869030
>emma is fuckin beautiful

>no caps
>making the exact kind of claim >>87867226 predicted
>buttmad about Kardashians outta nowhere
>totally false claims about the tastes of men, obviously based on wishful thinking
Woman detected.
>>
>>87848741
Not even jumping on the hate-train. You legitimately fucked up the pasta, which is ridiculous. It takes 5 minutes to look it up, get the right picture, not put on a dumb trip, copy&paste it, and figure out the stupid captcha.

What a shameful display.
>>
>>87848741
Good stuff
The children of potter think this is just a fun little meme, but Harry Potter is 100% trash through and through
>>
>>87869342
>I never got to live in England
>I never got to stay in a comfy cottage in the country
>I never got to hang out with the lads and return home at 2 am on a cold night
>I don't get to say mate
>I don't get to live in a first world country

I regret mi existence. Please, kill me and make it start again.
>>
>>87869030
I don't find either the kardashians or emma to be pretty. Emma is ok, but she literally just looks like the girl next door. She just has professional makeup on, or photoshoped pics just like most celebrities.
>>
>>87859728
Even people who like Harry Potter think the entire seventh book is a big bag of shit.
>>
>>87861791
Very clever, blacks have lower IQ on average, white Hermione.
Phew, we almost had a crisis there.
I highly doubt a kid born in the 70's to two upper class parents with very English surnames is black. JK Rowling is just pandering because if you actually read the HP series, you realise it's pretty conservative. She's one of these people that wants immigration (To save the oh so lovely refugees), but not in her neighborhood.
>>
>>87858717
Harry gave them the money at the end of book 4 and they spent all of book 5 selling their merch to fellow students.

They probably made a killing that year and they opened their business afterward.
>>
>>87858701
Because the last time he found a half blood that could talk to snakes in an orphanage went extremely well..
>>
>>87870383
She's struggling to remain relevant. Anything she could write after Harry Potter would not have (and in fact did not have, because she tried) even a fraction of the popularity, so instead she goes for political activism to remain in the public eye.
>>
>>87870495
Yeah, and they got pretty good advertising with how they quit school
>>
>>87849460
Try Indo girls with Australian accent
>>
>>87867108
>>87867108

> Emma reading this thread.
>>
>>87870093
>I don't get to live in a first world country
>be me, live in london
>have to put any sharp knife in the sharp knife bin
>on the way to work, an immigrant is raping a white woman in an alley
>try to intervene, a police man stops me, tells me to stop harassing immigrants
>get on the tube
>nail bomb goes off
>survive and go to work, need to pay income tax to support all the poor refugees coming in
>on the way home from work, a truck of peace hits me
>as I bleed on the streets, I just hope that no one will misjudge that poor misunderstood refugee that ran me over
>>
>>87870896
There is a better britbong pasta, you know the one
>>
>>87870548
Yeah, I personally do not like the woman.
I can explain why pretty easily, she lives in Scotland, as do I. A few years ago we had a referendum, a public vote, on whether Scotland should stay in the United Kingdom, and she butted in countless times and insulted the Leave (England) voters by calling them Death Eaters, which she has said were Nazi's in the past.

It was a very split vote here, 55% no 45% yes, she essentially said half the country she lived in were nazi's. Stupid cow thinks she's Scottish, well she'll never be no matter how many times she wishes it. I swear between her comments, the fact she lives in Edinburgh (The capital of Scotland) and all her Scottish book shite, I think she has a hard on for Scotland. (She only has a great-grandparent that's from Scotland, she's as English as they come)

You are right about the political activism though, I remember this in about 2013-2014.
>>
>>87868869
>BTW this potion will change your gender
What?
>>
Ginny is ugly as sin compared to the rest of the beauties in the series.
>>
>>87872004
ginny is the only character that I imagine as looking different from the cast when I re-read the books.
>>
File: 5932450806_8028589b.jpg (578KB, 1024x710px) Image search: [Google]
5932450806_8028589b.jpg
578KB, 1024x710px
>>87867226
>not only is she no ScarJo, she's not even pretty
opinion invalidated
>>
>>87872745
scarjo is my personal 10. I don't care if he has a big nose or you can find unflattering pictures of her. :^((
>>
Rowling said it would make more sense that they would but paired her with Ron for shipping reasons
>>
>>87863811
It was said that Greyback had a particular taste in children.

I'd hate to imagine what he would do to them before biting them ;)
>>
File: 1490815501300.jpg (49KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
1490815501300.jpg
49KB, 600x500px
>>87872873
Watson has natural beauty, She didn't need to dye her hair, get plastic surgery, and dental cosmetics to look good like ScarHo
>>
>>87855909
t. Krum
>>
>>87856043
This camera is tilted, he's about the same height or taller than most of the girls in the background
>>
>>87858137
>Knutland
Imagine obese witches slowly trundling around the aisles on broomsticks instead of scooters
>>
>>87873116
But she's ugly on the inside.
>>
>>87874451
How so? I'd love to hear your explanation and backings
Thread posts: 294
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.