[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy shit this movie is actually a masterpiece

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 8

File: eyes wide shut.jpg (40KB, 616x348px) Image search: [Google]
eyes wide shut.jpg
40KB, 616x348px
Holy shit this movie is actually a masterpiece
>>
Fellatio
>>
>>87788063
There's a theory that Kubrick was killed because this movie exposed the pedophilia rings that run america.
>>
>>87788063
Wow brilliant addition to the ongoing conversation of western art and culture OP. Really opened my mind to something i never knew.
>>
I only liked thicc girls until I watched it
>>
watched it for the first time last month, felt a really weird sensation afterwards and even the next day, can't really explain it but it was pretty unique
>>
>>87788175
You were probably flagged by the powers at be for coming close to the truth.
>>
*strikes piano key*
>>
>What is the password for the house?

What do you say?
>>
>>87788277
>What is the password for the house?

Fidillio

>What is the other password?

I forget, sorry
>>
File: renegade angel.jpg (78KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
renegade angel.jpg
78KB, 1280x720px
>>87788277
frittata
>>
>>87788263
*continues fiddling with keys as Tom Cruise acts confused and concerned*
>>
This is the most evil movie in the world. No person should watch it.

I hope Kubrick found peace in the afterlife though I doubt most who sell their soul ever do.
>>
File: ews_enteringthefoyer.jpg (581KB, 1428x1072px) Image search: [Google]
ews_enteringthefoyer.jpg
581KB, 1428x1072px
This is one of the rare movies that make wish I had stayed in school longer so I couls make a doctor-tier salary. His appartment looks comfy af and he overpays for everything (costume rental, taxi, hooker) without a care in the world
>>
>>87788343
I always imagined there was no other password, they already knew he was an outsider and wanted to make him a bumbling idiot
>>
what was the password again?
>>
>>87788175
You were drugged and they probed your asshole.
>>
>>87788087
Can't life the curtain on our occult masters without consequences.
>>
File: eyes-wide-shut.jpg (148KB, 1280x725px) Image search: [Google]
eyes-wide-shut.jpg
148KB, 1280x725px
>>87788512
>without a care in the world
>>
>>87788063
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJzHf--hpP0
>>
>>87788175
That's because you were watching raw footage of what really goes on behind closed doors. The mansion scene was a genuine initiation ritual.
Most people think Kubrick was killed for making this movie. No, he made it with their permission . And he was killed as part of the deal.
>>
>>87788063
Kubrick's most lovecraftian work, and unsurpsingly his last.
>>
>>87788453
Don't worry FBI, none of the nerds posting here are going to ruin your masters' livelihoods.
>>
>>87788702
Kek. I'm digging this meme.
>>
>>87788702
Kubrickian horror is not Lovecraftian GmbH LLC (TM) (C) you uneducated swine.
>>
>>87788659
I thought this once
but honestly in reality they probably use children the sick fucks
>>
>>87788702
I am well aware that butthurt is the ultimate fuel for shitty memes, but come on. Lets not go down this path.
>>87788808
Shush, you.
>>
Seems unrealistic they would outsource their piano player...cant one of their own members do it, or take turns?
>>
>>87789006
The piano man serves as their link to the outside world.
>>
>>87788063

>An entire movie about Cucking and Jews

Is this 4chan's chosen masterpiece?
>>
>>87789006
Yeah a rich high ranking member of society playing an instrument for hours while your buddies are taking part in all kinds of debauchery. But yeah "just sit there and play us another song"

really makes sense
>>
>>87789118
Makes more fucking sense than leaving the piano player to tell all his faggot friends about elites having orgies
>>
>>87790234
highly paid / or severely threatened
>>
>>87788087
But what about this hidden messages in THE SHINING!?
>>
This movie thrilled me more than almost any other.
>>
>>87790276
It obviously didnt work, did it? Unless Bill becomes a member at the end.
>>
>>87788087
w-woah
>>
>>87788063
Tron Legacy is unironically a better movie
>>
>>87789118
they could just draw straws
or take turns or some shit doesnt seem like itd be that big of a deal
>>
was it cuck kino?
>>
Most of the movie was whatever, but the ceremonial scene and music made it kino.

Still like to listen to Masked Ball from time to time. Evokes this ethereal mood thats hard to explain.
>>
>>87788512
He's fucking miserable you moron.
>>
>>87788063
Well yeah, it's his best movie.
>>
>>87788063
This scene is one of my favorite of all time. So aesthetic.

Also, I wanna fug shopkeeperdaugter
>>
>>87788063
t. kekistani reddit
>>
Posting parts of 3 Eyes Wide Shut analysis I've found interesting or good.

There's no reason to assume we're expected to like Bill and Alice Harford (in fact, Kubrick once told Michael Herr he wanted to make a film about doctors because "everyone hates doctors." [7]) They don't, like typical Hollywood villains, literally slather or speak with foreign accents. The Harfords are what we think of, uncritically, as "nice" people--that is to say, attractive and well-educated, a couple who collect art and listen to Shostakovitch. But evil among our elites is more often a matter of willful ignorance and passivity--of blindness--than of any deliberate cruelty. And Kubrick emphasizes that culture and erudition have nothing to do with goodness or depth of character; in this film they have more to do with the exhibitionistic display of imperial wealth
>>
Victor impresses upon him that this near-scandal has to be kept "just between us"--but Kubrick, our own contemporary American artist-in-exile, in his own bitter Art of Love, tells all. With every detail and allusion he exposes the base, exploitative impulses behind imperial high culture: the erudite Szavost uses the classics, ballroom dance, and Renaissance sculpture as so many lines and props to seduce another man's wife, while Victor, looking distractedly down at Mandy as she lies naked and twitching, is framed by a painted nude. Asked about Alex's fondness for Ludwig Van in A Clockwork Orange, Kubrick answered, "I think this suggests the failure of culture to have any morally refining effect on society. Many top Nazis were cultured and sophisticated men, but it didn't do them, or anyone else, much good." This point is reprised overtly in Eyes Wide Shut when we hear the title of a Beethoven opera used as the password to an orgy.
>>
Alice's real status is unmistakably suggested: the wife as prostitute. She's identified with the hooker Mandy through a series of parallels: they're both tall redheads with a taste for numbing drugs, we first see them both in bathrooms, and Mandy's last night "being fucked by hundreds of men" is distortedly echoed in Alice's dream. Alice is also associated with the streetwalker Domino by the purple of her sheets and Domino's dress, and by their conspicuous dressing-table mirrors (the essential accoutrement of anyone who lives by her looks). Mandy and Domino are connected, as in dream-associations, by the identical consonants of their names, just as Alice is connected with Domino's roommate Sally (their names being aural anagrams). When Domino disappears, she's replaced by Sally the next day, just asin dream-logic one person may turn into another yet remain the same. In a sense, there is only one woman in the film. Lee Siegel sees the various prostitutes that Bill meets as different incarnations of his wife, the woman he's really seeking all along. But the similarities between them are more revealing (if less romantic) when read the other way--as insinuating that Alice is just another, higher-class whore. When we last see her in the film, in that toy store, she's surrounded by shelves full of stuffed tigers like the one on Domino's bed. (Kubrick also used tiger and leopard-print patterns in Lolita as a code to connote Charlotte Haze's predatory sexuality.) Even in this scene, as she delivers the film's ostensible moral, Alice is visually linked to a doomed hooker.
>>
She's also grooming her daughter Helena (named after the most beautiful woman in history) to become a high-ticket item like herself. During the montage of their day at home, we see Helena alongside her mother in almost every shot, holding the brush while her mother gathers her hair into a ponytail, brushing her teeth at the mirror, learning to groom herself. When we overhear her doing word problems with her mother, she's learning how to calculate which boy has more money than the other. We hear her reading a bedtime story aloud, reciting the line, "...before me when I jump into my bed." In this film, a line about "jumping into bed" can't be innocent. Her mother silently mouths it along with her, echoing and coaching her. At Bill's office, we see a photo of Helena in a purple dress, like the one worn by the girl her father paid for sex the night before.
>>
Like his wife, Bill Harford is defined by his first line: "Honey, have you seen my wallet?" She is a possession; he is a buyer. ("Doctor Bill," as both his wife and Domino call him, is a pun, like Jack D. Ripper or Private Joker.) He flashes his credentials and hands out fifty- and hundred-dollar bills to charm, bribe, or intimidate cabbies, clerks, receptionists, and hookers--all members of the vast, compliant service economy on whom the enormous disparities of wealth in America are founded. Including (unconsummated) prostitution, costume rental, assorted bribes, and cab fare, his tab for a single illicit night out totals over seven hundred dollars. He does not seem fazed by the expenditure. His asking Domino "Should we talk about money?" his repeated insistence on paying her for services not quite rendered, his extended haggling with Milich and the cab driver--all these conversations about cash are too frequent, drawn-out, and conspicuous to be included in the interest of verisimilitude. They do not occur in the novel. Doctor Bill is nothing if not a conspicuous consumer; he even tears a hundred-dollar-bill in half with a smirk.
>>
File: 1469699832224.jpg (46KB, 691x516px) Image search: [Google]
1469699832224.jpg
46KB, 691x516px
>>87788087
name O N E (uno) (1) (un) thing wrong with cult sex rituals and the sacred feminine

thats right you C A N T

secret societies: 1
the church (fags lol): 0
>>
>>87792058
Take turns or draw straws? How many master piano players do you think that club had ?
>>
File: Eyes 007a.png (245KB, 393x249px) Image search: [Google]
Eyes 007a.png
245KB, 393x249px
blue
>>
>>87792592
kubrick died 666 days before 2001
>>
Bill's nocturnal journey into illicit sexuality is, more importantly, a journey into invisible strata of wealth and power. Money is the subtext of sex from the very first temptation of Bill; the two models who flirtatiously draw him away from his wife at Ziegler's ball invite him enigmatically to follow them "Where the rainbow ends." At that moment he's called away, saying to them, "To be continued...?" After he's gone, the two models exchange a cryptic, conspiratorial look. The exchange foreshadows Bill's finding himself at Rainbow Costume rentals--"to be continued," indeed. We never find out exactly what the models meant, but everyone knows what lies at the end of the rainbow.
>>
The colorful arc of Bill's adventure does lead to the pot of gold, Somerton, the innermost sanctum of the ultrawealthy where the secret orgy is held. The orgy scenes in particular were singled out by reviewers for disappointment and derision. Listen to the groans of critical blueballs: David Denbycalled it "the most pompous orgy in the history of film." [11] "More ludicrous than provocative," said Michiko Kakutani, "more voyeuristic than scary." [12] "Whose idea of an orgy is this," demanded Stephen Hunter, "the Catholic Church's?" [13] Again they misunderstood Kubrick's artistic intentions, which are clearly not sensual. When Bill passes through the ornate portal past a beckoning golden-masked doorman, we should understand that we are entering the realm of myth and nightmare. This sequence is the clearest condemnation, in allegorical dream imagery, of elite society as corrupt, exploitative, and depraved--what they used to call, in a simpler time, evil. The pre-orgiastic rites are overtly Satanic, a Black Mass complete with a high priest gowned in crimson, droning organ and backward-masked Latin liturgy. What we see enacted is a ceremony in which faceless, interchangeable female bodies are doled out, fucked, and exchanged among black-cloaked figures, culminating in the ritual mass rape and sacrificial murder of a woman.
>>
>>87788063
We're Bill and Nick Nightingale closet faggots? Because they sure acted that way together. Then when Bill was bullied by those Yale jocks they called him a faggot like they could just sense it.
>>
he orgy makes the metaphor of sexual objectification visually literal. The prostitutes wear masks that render them anonymous and identical. Their nude bodies are unnaturally perfect, smooth and immaculate as mannequins, lit under a chilling white spotlight and photographed with that Kubrickian detachment that somehow desaturates them of any real eroticism. The ritualistic kisses exchanged are spooky and sterile, the sculpted white lips of one mask touching another's. The sex consists of static tableaux of spectators posed around mechanically rutting participants. A masked and tuxedoed valet on all fours serves as a platform for a fucking couple, a piece of human furniture like the tables at the Korova Milk Bar in A Clockwork Orange. One might remember, with a shudder, the Lugosian-toned Szavost inviting Alice to have casual sex upstairs, among the sculptures.
>>
As Eyes Wide Shut closes, this final exchange between Bill and Alice suggests that all the dark adventures they've confessed ("whether they were real or only dreams"), and all the crimes in which they are complicit, have occasioned nothing more than another kinky turn-on, no more enlightening than the flirtations at the ball that inflamed their lovemaking when they got home. For all their incoherent talk about being "awake" now, their eyes are still wide shut. Reconciled, they plan to forget all this unpleasantness soon in the blissful oblivion of orgasm. (Try keeping your eyes open during orgasm.) Maybe, in the end, it is a film about sexual obsession after all; about sex as an all-consuming distraction from the ugly realities of wealth and power all around us. Maybe the customer is always wrong.
Certainly a subtler psychological reading of the film than has yet been attempted would be possible. But to focus exclusively on the Harford's unexamined inner lives is to remain willfully blind to the profoundly visual filmic world that Stanley Kubrick devoted a career's labors to creating. The slice of that world he tried to show us in his last--and, he believed, his best--work, the capital of the global American empire at the end of the American Century, is one in which the wealthy, powerful, and privileged use the rest of us like throwaway products, covering up their crimes with pretty pictures, shiny surfaces, and murder, ultimately dooming their own children to lives of servitude and whoredom. The feel-good ending intimates, in Kubrick's very last word on this (or any) subject, that the Harfords' daughter is, just as they've resigned themselves to being, fucked.
>>
What do you guys think Stanley Kubrick's IQ was?
>>
Bills sexual desires can never be fulfilled in the same way like our dreams can hardly be controlled. Freud in Interpretation of Dreams (Part 4) argued that "...in each human being, as the primary cause of dream formation, two psychic forces (streams, systems), of which one constitutes the wish expressed by the dream, while the other acts as a censor upon this dream wish, and by means of this censoring forces a distortion of its expression". Bill is continuously being placed in dubious and dangerous situations which metaphorically act like coitus interruptus to his sexual adventures.
>>
As Falsetto pointed out (Falsetto: 75) Eyes Wide Shot is a typically Freudian film, as it explores the psychological areas that drive sexual desires and death instincts. It replays gender conventions constructed within social and symbolic relations patterned within mainstream cinema. But what differentiate Eyes Wide Shut from the typical Hollywood pattern is the scene in which Bill' subjectivity is threatened during the masked ball when he is asked to remove his mask and clothes. This time he is the one to be watched by hundred of hidden eyes and his anxiety reaches crucial point. Ironically, a gazing male becomes "gazed at". To Freud this is a typical anxiety dream that symbolizes impotence and insecurity. It seems like to Kubrick it was his trademark as a filmmaker to question established and seemingly flawless patterns within basically patriarchal society and Hollywood gender representation.
What is also made differently from typical gendering of representation is the first scene in which Alice is looking into a mirror, resembling Alice's journey 'Through the Looking-Glass'. Thanks to that metaphor Kubrick provides the female lead with a fantasy world and subjectivity which Albertine lacks. They are both housewives, dependant on their husbands, with Alice a previous owner of failed art gallery but, unlike Albertine, she is given several moment of privacy from her partner.
>>
>>87788086
there was no 2nd password
>>
Schnitzler and Freud believed that women have unhealthy desire for sex. For that reason Albertine fantasized about Fridolin being tortured and crucified but Kubrick got rid of those misogynist and archaic ideas altogether and in his film Alice fantasized "healthily" about the naval officer and is not scolded for it. Schnitzler's characters taking part in Black Mass orgy are all dressed as nun and priests but Kubrick, being aware that some of Freud's ideas were out of date, removed all references to religious symbolism.
In summary EWS attempts to provide women with subjectivity and with fantasies and it also depicts the alienation of female sexuality within gendering representation of patriarchal social and political pattern. Kubrick reveals the deceit of man's claim to power and domination, which seems to come from selected Freud's critical ideas of religion and his analysis of family conflicts, sexual desires, guilt and the death instincts.
>>
>>87788277
dubs
>>
>>87793002
at least 140-150
>>
>>87792579
>secret societies: 1
>the church (fags lol): 0

you act like there's a difference. poor fool who thinks he's enlightened...
>>
>>87793152
I was thinking 160's at least. I've seen a hundred analysis' of this movie all pointing out different things. Possibly the deepest movie ever made.

Paths of Glory is also incredibly brilliant, and he was in his 20's when he made that.
>>
>>87793323
he's certainly a genius and his films offer a lot room for various discussions

that final scene in PoG was heartbreaking, just fuck my shit up...
>>
>>87788277
Oorrrrgey
>>
File: 1505518011419.png (197KB, 2500x1645px) Image search: [Google]
1505518011419.png
197KB, 2500x1645px
>>87788512
>>
>>87788063
How did they let this movie be made?
>>
>>87788063
Watched it for first time myself recently.. definitely felt like I saw something I shouldn't during that scene.. impressive film making.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.