[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

South Park: White People Renovating Houses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 17

File: white_people_renovating_houses.jpg (84KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
white_people_renovating_houses.jpg
84KB, 960x540px
Are Matt and Trey even trying anymore? This episode was among the worst episodes, especially as a season debut.

I won't bother bringing up the political message of the show beyond just pointing out the obvious. Attacking the "alt-right" is reaching for the lowest hanging fruit possible. Every unfunny hack cracks one alt-right joke or two in their shitty "comedy" routines.

The subplot between Cartman and Heidi was handled horribly. Even conceding that their relationship wasn't going to last given that Cartman's paranoid went into overdrive the last season doesn't excuse the heinously terrible and unfunny dialogue. Fuck it, there were so many possibilities they could've gone in, but no, they just had to hit the reset button and put things back to where they were.

What's far more egregious is the "comedy" itself. Randy used to a great side character before being flanderized to hell around season 13, and this episode was no exception. I cringe in every scene he's in and actually wish him extreme physical pain. Seeing him drive a nail through his dick would've been funnier than 99% of the jokes here.

The Alexa jokes were driven straight into the ground within the first two minutes.
>>
Broadway Bro Down was literally the last good episode of South Park
>>
Even completely ignoring the story and jokes, the sound mixing and editing was appallingly bad.
>>
>>87779374
Nah, "Sponsored Content" was.
>>
>>87779393
Not to me.
>>
File: parker.jpg (129KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
parker.jpg
129KB, 640x640px
They say a picture is worth a thousand words. SP has gone full libcuck.
>>
>>87779316
/pol/ btfo
>>
>>87779610
kill yourself that episode was terrible
>>
File: baneboy.png (392KB, 465x587px) Image search: [Google]
baneboy.png
392KB, 465x587px
>>87779910
>>
>>87779316
all good things come to an end, i can't be mad at them. They're just too old tbqh, and trey said that, He said you're only going to be able to hit the sweet spot in your twenties when youre eager and can relate to your audience. Im not that bothered, 19 seasons of good stuff to still rewatch desu
>>
>>87780011
titus pullo has fallen on hard times
>>
>>87779316
>getting triggered because you and your little gay club are in the south park crosshairs
Put a bag over your head and choke yourself faggot.
>>
>>87779316
the real election was far more interesting than what South Park could even come up with
>>
>>87779316
Someone's butthurt they're makign fun of you Alt-Right guys huh
>>
>>87779316
i think the episode is okay

Maybe you watched it too long and now have enough of it
>>
>>87779316
the episode about memes was far worse
>>
File: 1415486656430.jpg (157KB, 1060x404px) Image search: [Google]
1415486656430.jpg
157KB, 1060x404px
>>87779316
>tfw no gf like Heidi
>>
>>87780034
>>87780630
>>87780748
>le /pol/ boogeyman

Holy shit, you're worse than /pol/tards are at their worst. Discuss the substance of the episode or get the fuck out. It's so obvious you're reaching whenever you try to blame /pol/.
>>
>dummies waving confederate flags make whitey look bad
>saturation of real estate tv shows
>alexa and ok google jokes
>cartman plot that takes ages, goes literally nowhere and just serves to tie up loose end

Still felt as lazy as last season. They seem to be writing jokes/themes instead of episodes and putting the absolute minimum effort in. I hope they stop after they've fulfilled whatever contract they're locked into because they clearly don't give a fuck anymore
>>
Israeli here, I didn't get this joke. What's the punchline to them being white people renovating a house? is it like a stereotype in the US that whites renovate houses or something?

American identity politics often confuses me
>>
>>87781310
Matt and Trey have completely drank the sjw koolaid. There's no joke other than to make white people look lame. White people renovate housesXXDXD
>>
>>87781310
i am confused as well. I dont get why the rednecks rioted because of Alexa
>>
>>87781453
>I dont get why the rednecks rioted because of Alexa
In previous episodes those rednecks lost their shit because of mexicans taking their jobs. With automation becoming a thing in factories, driving, cashiers, etc.. many low income americans are losing their jobs to bots. This episode made fun of those people.
>>
>>87781583
ah ok thanks
>>
>>87781310
>>87781453
It's because of the saturation of all those home improvement / renovation shows that cover not just residential homes, but businesses as well. Shit like Property Brothers, Flip Flop, Bar Rescue, Holmes on Homes, et cetera.

I dislike it when they do topical pop culture like this because it fails to account for those who don't give a damn about it. Shit like "Biggest Douche in the Universe" is timeless because it's not about John Edward's show, but rather his profession as a "psychic." The show can be cancelled and the message would still stay relevant over a decade after the episode has aired.
>>
>>87781271
The cartman plot was the worst thing about this worst debut ever
>>
>>87781087
They explained why anons are buttblasted, retard. If the person making criticisms has alternative motives, that would be relevant to the significance of the episode, retard.
>>
>>87781310
What do you care as long as you get free houses built in Israel with American tax money?
>>
>>87781583
the connection between Alexa and industrial automation was rather poor. Its like they had ideas for 2 episodes and then crammed it together
>>
>>87781431
> There's no joke other than to make white people look lame

If that is your intepretation of south park, or matt and trey, you have a lot bigger problems than the pain you get from southpark. Although the additional whining does make for a great cherry on top their comedy!
>>
>>87780011
Haw man! Wow! Wtf???
>>
>>87781699
>smug, terse, dismissive replies
>explanation

The burden of proof is in you to explain how this episode's entirely peripheral "commentary" on the alt-right is remotely funny or even an accurate encapsulation of their political movement. If you ask me, the alt-right wasn't even the target here aside from some obvious nods to their movement. The focal point of the episode is the right-wing populism's concern about automation is ultimately pointless. This is particularly rich because, just a couple seasons ago, they took shots at gentrification which affects a given community's poorest residents. In South Park's case, it's all the poor white trash, especially the McCormick family.
>>
>>87781583
ok now i get what the creators wanted to say but this episode still could have been better

The episode about Facebook was great
>>
Are there new Southpark episodes?
>>
File: 1504114126104.jpg (20KB, 381x380px) Image search: [Google]
1504114126104.jpg
20KB, 381x380px
>>87781889
i swear to god if they actually manage to make the populus affiliate criticism of transhumanism with the alt-right in a guilt-by-association-way i´m going an hero
>>
>>87782308
ye its pretty shit tho
>>
>>87781716
Hey hey ! It's a SETTLEMENT, shitlord!
>>
Trey had plenty of time to write this episode and it still felt rushed. Blue collar workers being threatened by technology is a good premise. But they did nothing with it. Home improvement shows is also a dated reference. Nobody cares about Cartman's relationship woes. We just want to see him return to being a racist asshole.
>>
>>87781716
i piss on arabs for fun and fap to trump sucking our dicks, ahmed
>>
This whole episode was just so crap and lazily put together. The Alexa/lost muh jerb thing just doesn't have any punch. Pop at reality renovation shows was dull. Cartman was boring. Randy was half-whacky exposition guy like in last season where he revealed some shit thing about star wars or whatever.
>>
>>87782869
pretty much this.
>>
>>87781889
For a look at automation it was pretty fucking poor. Rednecks being butthurt about imaginary jobs lost to alexa voice functions and waving confederate flags to cool down soup. The future immigrant episode pisses all over this
>>
>>87783059
if Alexa really replaced the functions of humans this would have been clearer for the audience
>>
>In the new Southpark videogame, changing the difficulty changes the color of your skin!
>>
>>87781310
There's a trend in recent years of reality tv shows about renovating and flipping houses. There's a shitload of them and some are really retarded and have gay couples renovating houses and shit.

https://www.google.com/search?q=house+renovation+shows&oq=house+renovation+shows&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i65j69i61j0j69i60l2.3511j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
>>
>>87783059
or if at least there were plans to do it
>>
>>87783138
that's actually funny and typical South Park
>>
>>87779610
I haven't watched in a while, did that story line get resolved?
>>
>>87783141
i dont get why Randy gets in conflict with the Rednecks because of the name
>>
>>87783138
We'd probably find this funny without problem if we were in 2010 and it didn't end up in 20 articles dissecting the politics of it, most from Salon/Jezebelesque bait factories
>>
>>87783397
Rednecks protesting and waving confederate flag around makes white people look bad. 'white people' is their brand as 'white people renovating houses' team
>>
The bit between Heidi and Cartman is based on one of Trey Parker's ex girlfriends.

I know because I dated that woman's daughter and did the same thing
>>
File: 1505516630078.jpg (60KB, 1014x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1505516630078.jpg
60KB, 1014x1024px
>>87779316
I couldn't even finish it.
I decided to start bojack instead.
Its okay, not as good as rock and morty.
And i haré the cats face.
>nb4 reddit
>>
>>87783559
ah ok. A really piss poor connection
>>
>>87781310
Libs think buying property low and improving it then selling high is racist because poorfags cant afford the new rent or property taxes
>>
>>87780672
This is why any attempt to parody it comes off as desperate.

We had an election where bill Clinton's rape victims were reveled to be in the crowd like some sort of gameshow. We also had the "you'd be in jail" line. A line so funny and not PC that it btfo of Hillary who couldn't think of a response. We also had literal Nazis and Communists fighting in the streets.

We will never see anything like it again.
>>
>>87782518
This.

Matt and Trey should go on hiatus before doing another South Park episode. Whenever they're working on another project (in this case, "Fractured, but Whole"), they don't have the creativity to keep up with the show.
>>
>>87779316
what are you triggered or something? fucking kys
>>
>>87779316
do yourself a favor and stop watching this shitty show. watch only actually humorous content for a month or so, and then go back and look at an episode of south park. I guarantee you will not laugh once, and in fact you will feel slightly embarrassed you ever found that shit funny.

seriously, this is some of the best advice you will ever receive, take heed of it
>>
>>87783846
I think we're all at the point in our lives that the real world is far more entertaining than the world of entertainment could ever be.

Politics is now self-parodic.
>>
>>87783846
and of course the wiki leaks, Clintons health, the "pizzagate"
>>
>>87780011
They don't even look like they fuck. Look at how far apart they are.
>>
>>87783931
pretty much

>>87783930
which funny shows can you recommend?
>>
>>87780011
>literally christmas with the wife's son

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>not watching TRUE comedy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmbmLi_xO8M&t=29s
>>
>>87783930
>in fact you will feel slightly embarrassed you ever found that shit funny.
That's unfair. Between seasons 1 - 10, South Park was at its peak. I still think episodes like "Rainforest Shmainforest" are hilarious decades after they aired, and each episode's commentary holds up. Even the bad episodes weren't half as terrible as anything produced after those seasons. "Not Without My Anus" and "Great Expectations (Pip)" look quaint in comparison to horrendous shit like "Eat, Pray, Queef", "Funnybot" or "Royal Pudding".

After proving they can successfully weave in dramatic narratives, there's no excuse for this half-assed debut.
>>
>>87783930
i think the Facebook episode is great. It exaggerates but it still has a true core (the obession having face book friends)

I also liked the moment when Heidi trhew her phone into the river (it first looked like she would had jumped)

South Park always had good and bad episodes
>>
The last truly funny episode was the cock magic one a few seasons back
>>
>>87783953
>>87783953
The best thing to me was the polls saying like "Hillary is 99.999% guaranteed to win"
And then watching the reaction. I know /pol/ is annoying but watching the liberals lose their shit was the best feeling. They've dominated the narrative for so long, it was a relief to see they had lost control.
>>
>>87779393
I noticed that too. The music was way too loud in the mix. The music also seemed really stale, like they've been reusing it for years now and I finally noticed it last episode.
>>
>>87784064
Or Casabonita. Trey said he wanted to focus on the boys being boys but thats the last one i remember being so focused and fun

Whole thing is just cartman being an asshole to butters because he wants mexican food. Comfy episode.
>>
>>87783930
>watch only actually humorous content

such as?
>>
>>87784180
pretty much. everyone was so confident that she would win. That was hilarious when everyone lost their minds. It was like a South Park episode

She is still butthurt and blames everyone except herself for the humiliating defeat
>>
Didn't even know South Park started airing new episodes again. Had to google to clarify. Are people starting to not give a shit about the show anymore? They should have stopped giving a shit long ago, but I'm glad it seems like the buzz around it has died down.
>>
>>87784179
Say what you like about Randy but he is perfect for episodes like that one
>>
File: POTUS cry.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
POTUS cry.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>87784180
amen
>>
File: a0G0k_s-200x150.gif (80KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
a0G0k_s-200x150.gif
80KB, 200x150px
>>87784598
>>87784598
>>
>>87784598
>All those degenerate piercings
>>
>>87779316
>>87781310
>>87781431
>>87781453

http://www.hgtv.com/
I don't see how this is a hard parody to get.
It's literally all my mother watches.
>>
>>87779316
Sounds to me someone is buthurt he doesn't have a nice open concept house.
>>
>>87784329
>>87784180
It's refreshing to see that trust in mainstream media is now at an all-time low. Calling in all those shills (excuse me, "experts") really paid off for Hillary's campaign, didn't it?

For years, everyone blamed Fox News for having a monopoly on egregiously biased coverage, but in the past five years, virtually all mainstream media institutions self-immolated spectacularly. The Trayvon Martin case definitely caused some mistrust, and it only increased when they tried the same shit with Michael Brown.
>>
>>87785841
See
>>87781621

I couldn't give less of a fuck about some lame home improvement reality show. It was less parody and more just zany cultural references for its own sake.
>>
I was the biggest south park apologist, but I never even finished watching last year's season. The PS4 vs Xbone trilogy was probably the last time I legitimately enjoyed the show.
>>
>>87781310
The joke is that republicans are retards who are literally incapable of getting references to things.
>>
>>87779316
Are they still doing seasons with arcs, because that is when the show started going downhill.
>>
>>87784598
>literally a building with a glass ceiling

you cannot make this shit up
>>
File: 1500834889225.jpg (25KB, 241x307px) Image search: [Google]
1500834889225.jpg
25KB, 241x307px
>>87779316
You know America is in trouble when they have to actually specify that it's 'white people' doing something
>>
File: jessica-chastain.jpg (242KB, 1222x817px) Image search: [Google]
jessica-chastain.jpg
242KB, 1222x817px
>>87779316
>Attacking the "alt-right" is reaching for the lowest hanging fruit possible. Every unfunny hack cracks one alt-right joke or two in their shitty "comedy" routines.
Why does the alt-right constantly defend free speech and criticises taking offense to things but then fall silent when speech they agree with is censored and takes offense whenever someone makes fun of them?
>>
>still watching southpark
There is no point in watching that crap anymore.
>>
>>87783253
Yeah PC principal punched Leslie through the head and killed her because she was an ad.
>>
>>87786592
Nobody actually wants free speech. They just want speech that agrees with them. Otherwise they're just bullshitting you.
>>
File: 1493391617447.jpg (59KB, 393x393px) Image search: [Google]
1493391617447.jpg
59KB, 393x393px
They screwed up last season and they know it, now they have to write themselves out of an entire season worth of bullshit and they probably still dont know how. Maybe theyll figure it out somewhere along this season.
>>
>>87786592
Because the alt right are the same as SJWs
>>
File: south park.jpg (59KB, 716x580px) Image search: [Google]
south park.jpg
59KB, 716x580px
:thinking:
>>
>>87779316
>getting triggered

so south park is still the same
>>
>>87786832
>Because the alt right are the same as SJWs
Except they're not.

Yes, both sides claim to support free speech for personal gain, but they're not remotely equivalent.
>>
>>87786697
>Saying your jokes suck means you don't want free speech
lol
>>
>unironically watching SP post 2006

lmao
>>
>>87787478
>SJWS
>WANTING FREE SPEECH

L M A O
M
A
O
>>
>>87783891
>Whenever they're working on another project
Nigga they made some of their best episodes while making team America, baseketball, the South park movie
>>
>>87779316
If they wanted to attack the "alt right" i have no problem with that, but why werent they accurate? Portraying tthem as a bunch of redneck boomers/gen X? Come on. Was there even a single older person at the charlottsville march?
>>
>>87783559
Why was it so hard to communicate this? I really felt like I missed a lot of things didn't work, like the Alexa thing taking jobs, and why home renovating has anything to do with protests. It was like they just took a list of whatever was relevant one week, and shoe horned the story. I miss when every episode was conclusive, like butters sucks, butters bottom bitch, broadway brodown, etc. They can't do long story lines it's always shit when things crossover
>>
>>87786832
Except SJW wants everyone silenced, while Alt right WANTS to talk to people and that is why lefties are freaking out about them.
>>
>>87780138
That's a big poo.
>>
>>87786832
they are not in the position to be the same. They want free speech to spread their message
>>
I think this episode, especially the cartman shit, was to get them back to the self contained episode style. They tried to start with one of their recurring jokes (dey took our jerbs) and it wasn't really funny. They've definitely stopped trying but they still might have a couple of funny episodes left in them.
>>
I don't care what you say. I'm still a fan.
>>
File: 1502862737955.jpg (983KB, 2136x1424px) Image search: [Google]
1502862737955.jpg
983KB, 2136x1424px
They didn't attack "the alt right", they simply made the point, that having no money and job prospects and general economic hardship is bound to make you racist.

The episode was shit, but that was their first and they're making them in six days, for fuck sake. Maybe they had great plans for the episode, but they ran out of time and just had to put whatever the fuck they had on air.

Check my digits.
>>
>>87779316
>South Park: White People Renovating Houses
>YOU NO HAVE NO COLLEGE DEGREE, YOU NO SMART, I STUDIED GEOLOGY TO WORK AS A CONSTRUCTION GRUNT
>YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAY: TURK AR' JEERRBS CAUSE YOU NO HAVE NO COLLEGE DEGREE TO DO STUFF THAT YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED COLLEGE DEGREE
>AMERICANS SHUT UP AND LET MIGRANTS FLOOD IN, YOU'RE STUPID CAUSE YOU WERE NOT BRAINWASHED IN THE CAMPUS BY THE LIBERAL BARF
South park :
>a show for the average Joe THAT NEEDS TO SHUT UP
>>
Things I found funny or good this episode.

>the rednecks waving flags every little chance they get. especially when they try to cool down the soup.

>the way cartman reacts when his gf is trying to work things out with him. ive done the exact same thing in previous relationships and it's pretty spot on.

>randy going off the red haired redneck. basically calling him a fuck up and showing him he needs to be realistic with his career choices.

Things I found shit.

>the alexa/siri jokes, and subplot in general

>randy and Sharon's renovation subplot.

>the whole time they kept repeating the same jokes

>the ending. It was just horrible a the writing in general seemed extremely lazy.

Overall shitty episode hopefully it picks up later in the season.
>>
>>87791846
The alexa/siri shit felt like nothing more than a plug. The jokes were literal child tier and they just kept repeating them over and over, as if they were looking for any excuse to give alexa/siri more time on screen
>>
>>87780173
Pretty much this for me, they had a much better winning streak than the Simpsons and Matt and Trey still seem like chill guys.
It's kind of sad watching them get old like with the Jackass crew, their Oscars prank will never be topped.
>>
>>87781310
That's because you guys are too busy renovating Palestinian homes for yourselves out there.
keep up the good work fuck them
>>
>>87790434
For loo
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 480x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 480x250px
>tfw keep watching those free youtube streams of south park episodes every night
I wish they would play older episodes from seasons 1-5 but it's still comfy to put on before sleep.
>>
>>87791846
>>the way cartman reacts when his gf is trying to work things out with him. ive done the exact same thing in previous relationships and it's pretty spot on.
Reminded me of my teens. I was an asshole.
>>
>>87779316
>Attacking the "alt-right" is reaching for the lowest hanging fruit possible.
Is this your first time watching South Park?

They've mocked those kinds of people before, long before/years before the media ever put a label to them for dumb political reasons.
>>
File: 1489058091444.jpg (40KB, 640x628px) Image search: [Google]
1489058091444.jpg
40KB, 640x628px
>It wasn't 'full sjw'
>It wasn't 'anti alt right'

Trey and Matt were just out of ideas, saw an episode of home renovations and decided to mix it with the Chartlotte ville protests, without actually stating anything meaningful about them.

Only real 'message' I got from this episode was that there are to many home flipping shows.
>>
>>87780011
MY BLACK SON
MY BLACK SON
and also hes a ninja
>>
>>87780011
Why does 4chan hate families with stepparents? Isn't a nuclear family with husband and wife the desired unit type to raise a productive citizen?
>>
>>87779316
>Attacking the "alt-right"
They really didn't.
>they just had to hit the reset button
You're an idiot if you think that's what they're doing.
>I cringe in every scene he's in and actually wish him extreme physical pain
I don't think you have the emotional maturity to watch South Park then, quite the feat.

Sage.
>>
File: 1462780116856.jpg (802KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1462780116856.jpg
802KB, 2048x1536px
>>87792004
fuck you you fucking kike the world would be better off without you shitskins, do us all a favour and just finish the job now
>>
>>87792341
>nuclear family
>step-anything
That's a mixed family, retard.
>>
>>87792394
>not knowing the definition of nuclear family, then calling someone else a retard
anon, I...
>>
>>87779316
Thin skinned pansy. You need to get your ass kicked once or thrice.
>>
>>87792411
Maybe you should go find a Trump voter to accomplish that for you
>>
>>87792429
He's saying OP's the one who needs to get his ass kicked, though. English your second language?
>>
>>87779316
Did you even watch last season? My expectations have never been lower for the future of South Park
>>
so...white people can complain, but confedarate flag waving rednecks make everyone look bad, white people have shitty home shows but they work, also unabomber was right?

I feel like a brainlet for not getting a south park episode
>>
>>87792385
>implying I don't want them to kill each other off
>>
>>87782518
>Nobody cares about Cartman's relationship woes
I thought it was the only funny stuff in the episode, and it's because of how realistic it was. I guess most /tv/irgins wouldn't understand, but every guy who's been in a relationship long enough will reach that point in which you just can't stand the bitch anymore and every thing she does grates on your nerves. Especially funny when contrasted with him being under control of the pussy power last season. The power of the pussy only lasts so long.
Thread posts: 131
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.