[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, basically, the rise of the Empire could have been averted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 20

File: Darth-Vader.jpg (153KB, 500x636px) Image search: [Google]
Darth-Vader.jpg
153KB, 500x636px
So, basically, the rise of the Empire could have been averted if they just granted Anakin the title of Jedi Master?
>>
>>87763975
You underestimate the power of the dark side.
>>
>>87763975
No? Did you at least watch the movies?
He would have seeken for greater power because of his dreams/visions about Padmes death either way.
>>
>>87763975
He never should have been a Jedi.Obi Wan never should have been allowed to train him after the ruling the Council made.
>>
>>87763975

i'm reading all this thread with darth vader voice
>>
File: 1503201749732.png (612KB, 1280x688px) Image search: [Google]
1503201749732.png
612KB, 1280x688px
>>87763975
>not anakin learning paitience

hello millennial
>>
>>87764348
Wrong you retard, he didn't trust the jedi council because they wouldn't entrust him with greater responsibilities, thus he didn't trust windu's judgment and sided with sheev.
>>
>the boy is powerfull but unstable
>Let's make everything to piss him off

I thought jedis were wise
>>
>>87763975
Sheev would have just killed Anakin if he was a perceived threat and put another stooge in his place.
>>
File: 1471006563048.png (62KB, 244x216px) Image search: [Google]
1471006563048.png
62KB, 244x216px
>>87764823
>the boy is powerfull but unstable
>Let's put him in a major position of power
>>
>>87763975
He should have never been trained.
>>
>>87764823
>Anakin goes to Yoda about his Padme nightmares
>instead of telling Anakin that Padme will be safe and the Jedi will make sure to protect her, he tells him some bullshit about how hate leads to suffering
>>
So, basically, the rise of the Empire could have been averted if they blew up Tattooine?
>>
>>87763975
It would have been averted if people were smart enough not to listen to jar jar
>>
>>87765435
Really it could have been avoided if a lot of things didn't happen.
>>
>>87765888
it could have been avoided if they never made a star war movie
>>
>>87765387
more like
>if you feel bad someone dies that's wrong

It makes no sense
>>
>>87765387
This
>you're experiencing turmoil and are telling me you're tearing in two inside? You fucking evil faggot, just be a Zen master, bro. Just get over it, now fuck off.
>>
appeasing anakin would have resulted in exactly the same problems just a lot later

instead of him being alone against the jedi he would have probably been corrupted more slowly and dragged a good number of other jedi/padawan with him

so instead of cripple darth vader you'd have prime of his power darth vader + posse
>>
>>87763975
No, they made the right decision in not making him a master. It would have been adverted if they heeded his warnings about Palpatine and sent his own master Obi-Wan to deal with the situation instead of loose cannon Mace Windu.
>>
File: 1370300938933.jpg (87KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1370300938933.jpg
87KB, 550x550px
>>87765387
>>87765993
>>87766089
I know, right? The problem isn't even that he does it in a zen way or else, if Yoda had just used some sort of metaphor for the course of life or anything of sorts it could have been fine, but basically just telling him "lol brah just stop feeling turmoil or you're gonna get evil" is absolutely fucked up. This is practically the Jedi equivalent of telling someone that's depressed to just suck it up.
>>
So somehow an entire clone army was raised which only need four words to genocide an entire religious order and instate a galactic dictatorship and nobody at any point learned anything about what order 66 actually is
Reminder that the real life American government couldn't even keep a fucking wiretapping conspiracy a secret
>>
If Windu took Anakin with him to arrest the chancellor, then it wouldn't have happened as Anakin would have seen Palpatine's aggression and that he's actually a Sith Lord and arrest him
>>
>>87766274
not really, obi-wan would have tried to arrest him sure, but the outcome of that is either sidious eventually uses his political power to get off free shattering anakin's sense of justice or else obi-wan gets killed and anakin goes full dark side avenger on him

sure it sets him against sidious but either way anakin now is the catalyst for turning the jedi order publicly against the republic
>>
>>87766343
I never got this either. I kind of figured maybe the order was given to only a select few commanders that Palpatine corrupted and were attached to Jedi. Like, not the entire clone army knew about it, just trusted generals that were placed in key positions to pull off the purge. After they were removed, Palpatine could have said that a Jedi rebellion against his authority was adverted.

I don't know, I'm making excuses for it.
>>
>>87766416
Yeah, I guess you're right. It was destined for Anakin to go dark side. He fulfilled the prophesy and brought balance to the force leaving two Jedi and two Sith.
>>
File: 1479740053144.jpg (139KB, 1024x942px) Image search: [Google]
1479740053144.jpg
139KB, 1024x942px
The thing that baffles me the most about the prequels is how they still try to somehow make Anakin relatable even after he deliberately murders innocent women and children out of a teenager fit of rage. I mean, how can you not basically feel like he's Darth Vader from that point on? Are we supposed to just sort of give him a second chance or else?
>>
>>87766480
if he went dark side by obi-wan being killed he'd probably drag a lot of jedi into the dark side with him revan style
>>
>>87766556
Honestly I think that would have been a lot cooler. Full blown Jedi/Sith civil war to start things off.
>>
>>87766343
Wasn't it hypnotic conditioning, so the troops themselves had no idea? Palpatine was likely the one who inserted it and the only one who knew
>>
File: VERY COOL.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
VERY COOL.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>87766621
SO MANY LIGHTSABERS
>>
>>87766626
I'm sure in one of the EU books somewhere it fully explains how it happened it great detail. Those books loved to close up questions like that.

>>87766651
Yeah...thinking about it now, maybe it wouldn't be.
>>
>>87766283
spaceships and shit and they still don't know how to deal with this stuff.

In general the Jedi Creed is flawed, you are supposed to be a good guy but you can't attach yourself to anyone, you have to be detached, but then why would anyone be good toward others?
>Hey please care about these people but don't get attached, only bad people get attached, oh by the way I only fucking EXIST because someone decided to get attached.
>>
>>87766533
>sand people
>innocent
>>
>>87766749
>oh by the way I only fucking EXIST because someone decided to get attached.
Anakin doesn't tho, he was created through the impregnation of the force by darth plagueis and sidius or something like that
>>
>>87766784
I think the fact that is sand people is not the point, imagine a bear, willingly attacked your mother/father, and you decide to kill every single bear in the forest despite knowing precisely which bear killed it, is clear that you are not right in the head anon, you got some problems about dealing with grief and such.
>>
>>87764238

/thread
>>
>>87766861
if my mother was raped by a bear I'd napalm the entire forest happily
>>
>>87766861
sand people culture is based off raiding so dont pretend like they dindu nuffin
>>
File: 1473944939034.png (184KB, 600x642px) Image search: [Google]
1473944939034.png
184KB, 600x642px
>>87766897
Cool, but that doesn't mean you wouldn't be a bit of a shitty unrelatable person by doing it.
>>
>>87766954
Holy shit, are you unironically justifying mass murder through culture?
>>
>>87766897
The bear probably thought there was something wrong with her... like he was... mentally retarded or something.
>>
>>87767013
a culture based off criminality should be eliminated just like what g-d did to the sand people who were occupying the promised land
>>
>>87765993
there is no death, there is only the force
>>
>>87767141

>“Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealously. The shadow of greed, that is.”

Then why do anything at all? Why fight the Sith, if we are all supposed to be happy because people die? Hell might as well kill ourselves right now, is not like there is force heaven or force hell established right?

>Attachment leads to jealously
Oh yeah, my parents are so Jealous of me.

Yoda has never been a parent, I can't believe that Lucas is supposed to have 5 children, makes me wonder what kind of education they received.
>>
>>87765387
>>87765993
>>87766089
>>87766283
Something along the lines of:

"Uncertain is the future! Fear of uncertainty, the present it risks. Fear the horizon in the distance and over the cliff nearby you fall."

would have been infinitely better. It ties in with Yoda in Empire Strikes Back telling Luke about the future being uncertain, about "always looking to the horizon," and it uses falling over a cliff as a metaphor for falling to the Dark Side and lo and behold Anakin ends up burning to death on a cliff in Revenge of the Sith. It's also helpful advice basically telling Anakin "look man...if you're constantly worrying about the future, it's going to fuck you up in the present and the end result will be worse than if you would have just bravely taken the future as it arrived."
>>
>>87767365
Well Qui Gon Jin says something like that in the very beginning,
>Obi-Wan: But Master Yoda says I should be mindful of the future.
>Qui-Gon Jinn: But not at the expense of the moment.

In my dubbing they translated it to "present" instead of moment.
>>
File: frodo.png (214KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
frodo.png
214KB, 400x399px
>why didn't they just give him a seat at the council?
>>
>>87767303
>He thinks Yoda was supposed to be right
>>
File: 1375467289623.png (318KB, 546x700px) Image search: [Google]
1375467289623.png
318KB, 546x700px
>>87767543
>he's that one guy who shitposts about how the Empire is actually meant to be the heroes of this black and white teenager sci-fi fantasy series
>>
>>87765993
made even worse by the fact that Yoda is clearly in emotional agony when he senses the deaths of the jedi.
>>
File: ein großer Kerl.jpg (22KB, 236x330px) Image search: [Google]
ein großer Kerl.jpg
22KB, 236x330px
So, basically, the rise of the Reich could have been averted if they just granted Adolf the admission to art school?
>>
>>87767669
No because his art wasn't actually good.
>>
>>87767669
OP here, I was actually thinking about adding "(...) like World War 2 could have been averted if Hitler was just able to pursue his dreams as an artist?" to the original post but felt like that would have been a hot bait for edgelords.
>>
>>87763975
If you watched the cgi series clone wars you would know that his motivations for turning from the Jedi were far more than simply being sad he wasn't selected for promotion.
>>
>>87767583
I took it to mean he thinks Yoda was supposed to give shitty advice. If Yoda actually gave helpful advice, Anakin wouldn't have ended up where he did. I just think the prequels could have made the Jedi competent and still had Anakin turn to the dark side in a believable way. I would have strayed more from the whiny teen portrayal of Anakin and had him more like Gannicus from the Spartacus series. A character who was "just that damn good," cocky, confident, and charismatic. Someone that Obi-Wan actually was genuine friends with.
>>
>>87763975
>Palpatine stops his scheme of galactic conquest because Anakin is happy
Works for me.
>>
>>87767777
Makes me want remakes of the prequel that are actually decent
>>
>>87766533
And padma is completely fine with it despite all other instances of her characterisation indicate that she is as bleeding heart as they come and should of been absolutely adored that he committed genocide.
>>
>>87766849
So he has two dadies?
>>
>>87767775
Those came much later, do you seriously think you can just go and say "oh this movie's plot seems crap but I am actually going to explain it in a different genre, years later for a different crowd"?
>>
>>87766849
ok but that's just 1 exception.
>>
>>87767669
>Dr. Goldstein I am SS
>>
>>87768019
Yes. That is the entire point of having a shared universe instead of just stand alone movies or books.
>>
>>87763975
No, it was a win-win for Palpatine. If he got a mastership then Palpatine has an agent on the master council and anakins gratitute for getting him on their bringing him closer, if they denied it, it only brought anakin closer to him and made him more willing to do darker shit.
>>
File: 1479740023820.png (47KB, 500x430px) Image search: [Google]
1479740023820.png
47KB, 500x430px
>>87767952
I know, right? It bothers me because there are a lot of good ideas in there that work on a conceptual level, more than people are often willing to admit. Having Anakin turn to the dark side because he's not capable of dealing with death is actually a philosophically interesting concept, the whole idea of having the Republic being taken over by a populist revolt against the impotence of traditional democracy is a somewhat more modern but also incredibly interesting idea, there was just so much potential in there for a backstory that could actually be better than the original.

But alas, George Lucas happened.
>>
>>87768145
No.
A shared universe only defends against accusations leveled at the universe. Not at individual works within them.
If you have to do required reading to understand a film, or a self contained film series, that work has failed fundamentally.
>>
>>87767013
Tusken Raiders are irredeemable scum. They have attacked on sight for thousands of years and their entire existence revolves around pillaging and enslaving. There are no innocent Tuskens.
>>
>>87768193
I think George Lucas' big problem is that he just had too much power in the equation. If you come up with a strategy or an idea and bring it to me and I get to ask you questions, challenge certain aspects of it, make suggestions, etc. the best aspects of your idea should survive and the weaker elements should either be elaborated on more or changed to be better. It isn't designing something by committee or compromising vision, but rather testing the idea and making the vision clearer. When you're King Shit Unquestionable, bad aspects are reframed as good aspects by your subordinates so that they can ingratiate themselves to you. I think that's what happened with George. He didn't want to sit down and talk about his ideas after hours in a comfortable and casual way and it sabotaged the creative process.
>>
>>87765387
He thought Anakin was talking about Obi-Wan or some shit.
>>
>>87769370
Vidya related but also George Lucas related, basically a confirmation to him being surrounded by yes men.
>>
>>87770682
To add, one of the sudden changes he mentions was Lucas going to Lucasarts and made them change the game's protagonist in an unreleased Starwars 1313 to Boba Fett, which meant that they would have to completely change the level design on account of the jet pack, this was when he was just about to sell, Lucas knew it and he did not care about these people works, which with Disney closing Lucasarts went to complete waste, this, other game prototypes plus one that was finished and only needed to go through Sony/MS testing.

This is George Lucas.
>>
>>87770815
oh, speaking about 1313
talked to a disney executive the other day, asked him about it
he said they have no plans on reviving it
F to pay respects I guess
>>
>>87764779
And you don't think Sheev would have done something else to convert him? Padme was more important to Anakin than being a Jedi.
>>
>>87763975
No, Order 66 would have gone through either way.
>>
>>87764823
>I thought jedis were wise

Why did you think that? When are they wise in the OT? Luke wins by going against all their shitty advice.
>>
>>87763975
Just like how the global communist movement could have been avoided if Horace Greely had given Karl Marx a raise.
>>
>>87766849
Nah that's not in the films at all.
>>
>>87767775
The cartoons don't matter to the story of the films.
>>
>>87771183
>And you don't think Sheev would have done something else to convert him?

He sent the visions, I think it was yoda who also said that sheev was there for so long he managed to cloud everyone's judgment, the jedi included.
>>
>>87767833
Palpatine's next trick would be to make Anakin ask the Jedi for permission to marry, then a nice house, then a speedboat, until he found something the Jedi would have to say no to.
>>
>>87771157
IIRC they're using the assets to make an uncharted esque star wars game
>Yay?
I want KotOR
>>
>>87768193
... if all this stuff is in the prequels why do you need a remake?
>>
>>87771422
>what is poor execution of good ideas
>>
>>87771360
>He sent the visions,

No evidence of this in the films. Anakin has visions because he is strong in the force. These visions are accurate, they're not a trick.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (414KB, 738x1024px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
414KB, 738x1024px
So, basically, the rise of the Reich could have been averted if they just granted Adi the title of Art graduate?
>>
>>87771416
Modern TOR is all you get.
>>
>>87771452
I don't know, what is?

The prequels are good.
>>
File: 1503428853734.jpg (27KB, 368x460px) Image search: [Google]
1503428853734.jpg
27KB, 368x460px
>>87771533
>>
>>87764679
>Anakin is a boy coming of age who thinks those in charge of the Jedi counsel should just give him everything he wants without him earning it
>Believes he is entitled to the same level of success as those who spent their entire lives working for it because all his life people told him he was special
>Is a winy bitch his entire life who just complains about how things aren't fair
>Orbits a woman for years trying to get in her pants but is consistently rejected before finally getting the pity bang

Was Lucas warning us about the millennial generation, or are they just following Anakins example?
>>
>>87771630
I tried it once since its F2P. The writing is average to terrible, and the gameplay is awful.
>>
>>87771753
Is that a good average or a bad average. I've got an itch for Star wars role-playing.
>>
Would've been much better if Anakin was actually a competent Jedi Master who fell to the Dark Side rather than an obnixious teenager dipshit.

Well done Sheev. Well done. Reminder that you traded Darth Maul and Dooku for this.
>>
>>87766533
>hey still try to somehow make Anakin relatable even after he deliberately murders innocent women and children out of a teenager fit of rage.
That was one of the few moments of characterization that worked for me.
Ignoring that the Jedi order, or the democratically elected queen of naboo who has a rich ass family that lives in a Venetian castle could have scraped together a few hundred bucks to buy anakin's mom.
I mean sure, he's a Jedi so I guess he's not supposed to have attachments, but you think the knowledge that she was safe and sound somewhere would put anakin's mind at ease and let him dedicate himself more fully to the jedi order.
But yeah, you can understand him killing the sand people for raping and murdering his mom while still acknowledging that he's turning towards the dark side. It sets the character up as something tragic, demonstrating how someone who isn't an evil asshole can fall to the darkside, and emphasize why the Jedi strive to sever emotional attachments so much.
Unfortunately the movie never really does anything with this, or revisit it.
>>
>>87764779
Also: when Windu himself broke the Jedi code in front of Anakin when he decided killing Sheev was necessary rather than putting him on trial, Anakin lost all faith (after he himself made a point about regretting killing Dooku when he was no longer capable of fighting).
>>
File: RIP fives tcw.jpg (31KB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
RIP fives tcw.jpg
31KB, 1280x544px
>>87766343
RIP in peace Fives.
>>
File: a sith lord.jpg (11KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
a sith lord.jpg
11KB, 320x240px
>>87772228
>after he himself made a point about regretting killing Dooku when he was no longer capable of fighting
That isn't what happens at all.
>anakin tells Mace that Sheev is a sith lord
>Mace and his posse head over to palpatine's office to arrest him
>they tell anakin to stay behind
>anakin follows them
>walks into Sheev's office to find mace telling Sheev to surrender
>Sheev, who we know is a sith lord because anakin just told us, uses anakin's interruption to spout evil dialogue "NO NO NO YOU WILL DIE!"
>Turns to anakin when Mace blocks force lightning: "I can help you save Padme from death Anakin... kill mace windu! DO IT!"
>Anakin cuts off Mace Dindu's arms
>Sheev pushes him out the window
>Oh beeteedubs, I don't actually know how to save anyone from death, but go murder these children and the only family you've ever known... Do it for Padme! She'll think it's romantic.
>Bitches love murdered children and fascist coups
Just terrible.
>>
>>87763975
imo Allot less people would of fallen to the dark side if it wasn't for the Jedi Counsel's hypocritical circular logic.
>>
>>87771515
>They're all going to laugh at you!
>No mom you're wrong!
>>
File: t adolf.jpg (265KB, 1920x1429px) Image search: [Google]
t adolf.jpg
265KB, 1920x1429px
>>87771515
I mean germans gonna german, if it wasn't Hitler it would have been someone else. He personally would have been happier I think.
I also have a tinfoil theory that hitler is just time traveler bait.
Like the illuminati got together and created this global conspiracy to put hitler into power and then portray him as the penultimate boss battle of evil because they knew someday time travel would be invented, and some dude would go back in time to stop hitler, instead they get jumped by reptillian agents of the archons that live in the hollow center of the flat earth and now those fucking cold blooded bastards have time travel and now everything is fucked forever.
>>
File: dgtgt.jpg (139KB, 640x789px) Image search: [Google]
dgtgt.jpg
139KB, 640x789px
>so what do we do with this evil mass murdering traitor

>idk the rule book says killing is wrong no exceptions

>what about erasing his memories, personality, and giving him a false identity

>hmm don't see anything in the rule book forbidding it

>ok lets get started molding our new pawn
Jedi Counsel in a nutshell
Thread posts: 101
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.