[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who was in the wrong here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 14

File: we were on a break friends.jpg (51KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
we were on a break friends.jpg
51KB, 736x552px
Who was in the wrong here?
>>
>>87758469
>Who was in the wrong here?
Rachel
>>
This was settled ages ago, Rachel was in the wrong. She asked for a break and then went and cosied up to that other guy. Of course Ross though she was fucking him.
>>
>>87758469
>The one when chandler dies in the south tower
>>
Both of them. Rachel for being a dumb cunt and not realizing how her actions with what's-his-name would be perceived by Ross, and Ross for banging some other chick immediately after going on a "break" when they both obviously still had strong feelings for each other.
>>
File: ross on a break.jpg (7KB, 236x177px) Image search: [Google]
ross on a break.jpg
7KB, 236x177px
Ross
>>
>>87758469
ugh, my older brother keeps saying to me to watch this, but I can't stand the shitty acting and terrible script.

Also it's not in hd, so fuck it.
>>
>>87758563
>when they both obviously still had strong feelings for each other
Someone who has strong feelings for another person doesn't ask for a break.
>>
File: IMG_2633.png (141KB, 367x368px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2633.png
141KB, 367x368px
>>87758555
>>
>The one when joey cant pay his child support.
>>
File: ross and joey sleeping.jpg (98KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
ross and joey sleeping.jpg
98KB, 720x540px
>>87758606
>>
About this one specific issue, Rachel. About literally everything else, Ross.
>>
>The one when Rachel aborts hoolios unwanted child.
>>
>>87758593
>underage detected

It was right after a big fight, the culmination of weeks/months of tension a lot of which was generated by Ross. Meanwhile he actually fucked a chick that same night.

You've never been in a serious relationship, have you?
>>
>>87758677
>Wants a break
>Then complains when Ross hooks up

Rachel was a whore
>>
>The one when monica was a pedo
>>
>>87758587
>it's not in hd
watch it on a phone, there doesnt matter
>>
Reminder that if the roles were reversed you'd call Rachel a dirty slut. Ross was in the wrong.
>>
File: friends ross and julie.jpg (211KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
friends ross and julie.jpg
211KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>87758587
>Also it's not in hd, so fuck it.
yes it is, you dumb cunt
>>
>that episode where Ross makes Larry pay for his watch
>>
Why do women always become ultra sluts on breaks
>>
File: friends over the years.jpg (657KB, 1200x1500px) Image search: [Google]
friends over the years.jpg
657KB, 1200x1500px
>>
>>87758684
>weeks/months of insecure jealousy affecting their relationship despite Rachel constantly reassuring him it was nothing
>Rachel finally gets fed up with Ross being an insecure bitchboi
>Ross goes out and fucks some girl that same night despite Rachel never having cheated on him

The only complicating factor is Ross seeing what's his name through the window or hearing his voice on the phone or whatever the night they went on a break, in which case id probably assume the same thing he did, but it was still just that - an assumption, which turned out to be wrong. Meanwhile he actually fucked someone else that night.

Like i said originally, they're both at fault.
>>
>>87758469
Ross for ever hooking up with Rachel.
>>
>Ross
>Willing to throw his friends under the bus for his own purposes
>Cheap
>Disloyal
>Boring job
>Creates drama and divisions between them

Ross is the worst friend. Phoebe is second worst for having similar traits.

>yfw you realize they are (((both)))
>>
>>87758953
you can tell which seasons matthew perry was addicted to painkillers and booze
>>
Adulthood is realizing Ross was wrong.
>>
>>87758960
ROSS. WAS. NOT. AT. FAULT.
If you believe anything else you belong on reddit.
>>
>>87759526
not an argument, thanks for playing
>>
>>87758960
Ross thought that break meant breakup and told the guys as much ("when one person wants to break up, you break up.") At their behest, he calls Rachel, and she's thrilled to hear from him, because she immediately regretted the way things were left too. However, she had taken Mark up on his offer to come over, and Ross angrily hangs up on her upon hearing his voice. He gets drunk and the Xerox girl, who had been all over him all night trying to get him to smile and dance, effectively seduces him.

Now Ross's insecurity over Rachel always being at work and never seeing him, compounded with the underlying idea that she was always with Mark (who indeed had a one-sided crush on her,) was what initiated the whole thing. But you're trying to frame it as though Ross cheated on Rachel, as she always did, and that's simply not what happened. She suggested the break, she allowed Mark to come over within an hour of the argument, she even spoke as if they WERE broken up the next morning when she went over to his apartment to try and mend everything.
>>
>>87758655
Fuck that, it's more like this one was Ross and everything else was Rachel.

He was crowding her and caused her to suggest the break. But ever since then, she's been the one to toy with their romantic lives.

She tried to sabotage his relationship with Phoebe's friend by convincing her to go bald again at the beach, then she wrote him a lengthy letter expecting him to take complete and total responsibility for their breakup. She was jealous of his relationship with Emily to the point she showed up as a cheerleader during a makeshift farewell party for her, and then actually tried to crash his wedding to her. She openly mocked his relationship with a student when she dated a similarly younger guy in Tag, and also dated said student's father. She initiated the sex that got her pregnant with their child.

Ross ain't perfect by any stretch, but every fucked up thing about their relationship after this was completely Rachel's fault. And even the phrase "We Were On A Break!" is only ever uttered in response when Rachel tries to randomly bring it up and insinuate that he cheated on her.
>>
>>87758840
At least Julie ended up with Russ after Rachel dumped him.
>>
>/tv/ prides itself on its taste
>discusses this fucking garbage
>>
>>87758469
they're both jews, so both of them.

>get phd in paleontology
>spend most of your life as a your guide in a public museum.
>>
>>87760080
holy shit
glad i never watched this shit
>>
>>87758555
Kek
>>
File: friends dr geller.png (200KB, 303x518px) Image search: [Google]
friends dr geller.png
200KB, 303x518px
>>
>>87758960
Hey look, a mature reply on /tv/, that i live to see this day.

Youre right of course.
>>
>>87758469

"A break" is an intentionally ambiguous phrase which is why there even is a debate.

If you use an intentionally ambiguous phrase, you're at the mercy of it being interpreted in the way you don't want it to be.

Rachel is such a fucking cunt in this whole show
>>
>>87759393
seasons 2 and 3?
>>
>>87758677

>explicitly discussing how to give more time apart to collect thoughts and regain composure, methods of working through the issue, making a clear goal of how the relationship will move forward towards a healthier state for both

vs.

>"A FUCKING BREAK"

you agree to a "break" youre getting cucked
>>
>>87758677

The tension was generated by Rachel considering "upgrading" to Mark.
>>
>>87758563
this desu. Any other answer is wrong.
>>
>>87758837
reminder that its not the same if a guy fucks a random girl vs. a girl fucks a random guy. fucking cucks
>>
Rachel. If a girl asks for a break it means she wants to try another guy but wants the beta to wait around in case it doesn't work out. Rachel is a roastie that got btfo.
>>
>>87764974
This.
/Thread
>>
>>87758469
Rachel. Ross may be an unhinged psychopath, but he's also very, very (very) stupid, and Rachel knows it.

Rachel is a goddamn monster.
>>
>>87758677
>girlfriend wants to go on a "break"(what the fuck is this even)
>that same night as you turn down this cute chick who absolutely wants to bang you to call your girlfriend, Mark picks up the phone AT HER APPARTMENT
Yeah I wonder why Ross thought she wanted to end the relashionship
>>
I like Ross generally. But he is insufferable in the episodes leading up to the break up. They really made him into a moron.
>>
>>87764600
Lurk moar or fuck off newfag

Also rachel ruined his relashionship with Emily
>>
>The one when Gunther spiked Rachels coffee late one night in central perk.
>>
>The one when Gunther installs hidden cctv in the bathrooms of central perk.
>>
>>87765296
She has never considered that. It is not even implied.
>>
File: friends game.jpg (220KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
friends game.jpg
220KB, 1200x630px
>>
REMINDER ROSS WAS RAPED BY THAT GIRL
IF THE ROLES WERE SWITCHED RACHEL WOULD HAVE NO CONSEQUENCES BECAUSE SHE WOULD SAY SHE WAS TOO DRUNK TOO CONSENT
>>
File: 6[1].jpg (68KB, 796x286px) Image search: [Google]
6[1].jpg
68KB, 796x286px
>>87758469
It's not up for debated when the show itself anwers it.
>>
>>87758469
Ross

The absolute state of his autism in Rachel's office - a clingy beta who should have just stayed home for the night. They never would have been in the situation if it weren't for that.
>>
>its a monica walks around in slutty lingerie while everyone just walks in acting all normal
>>
>>87758469
I've always hated this show cause they transformed being on a break from each other into free pass to fuck that guy/girl who's been flirting and hitting on you.

Cause my girlfriend did that and she was like, BUT WE WERE ON A BREAK
>>
File: tom friends.jpg (22KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
tom friends.jpg
22KB, 300x300px
Who was the best guest character?
>>
>>87758469
Everybody that watches this show.
>>
>>87770227
Whether they were on a break or not isn't the question dipshit. They were. The question here is whether or not Ross should have fucked that chick

Which is no he shouldn't if he wanted to realistically get back together with Rachel, but technically they were agreeing to separate for a while and he didn't know if it was still salvageable
>>
Someone have a clip of ross acting all 'surprised' when he's caught in the act? He starts to exhale like crazy before exclaiming 'w-what?!' and then 'yes'. He does it a couple of times over the course of the series, like when joey states he saw him kissing charlie in Barbados.
>>
File: friends coffee shop owned.jpg (86KB, 640x750px) Image search: [Google]
friends coffee shop owned.jpg
86KB, 640x750px
>>
Why is going on a break a free pass for anyone?
>>
>>87758555
>the one where Ross shoots and kills those delinquents on the subway
>>
File: 1504348230664.jpg (45KB, 548x480px) Image search: [Google]
1504348230664.jpg
45KB, 548x480px
>>87758555
>>
>The one when joey sucks off a big shot producer to get the part with 11bucks in his pocket.
>>
>>87758555
>The one where Joey gets fired from an NBC soap opera and mails the writers anthrax
>>
>>87769615
Miss Chanadler Bong
>>
File: YOU'RE A CANTALOUPE.png (352KB, 858x496px) Image search: [Google]
YOU'RE A CANTALOUPE.png
352KB, 858x496px
>>87770700
>being this desperate for pussy
You know, you just convinced me, Ross was in the wrong.
>>
Monica
>rachel. you should stop living off your daddy's money.

yet the fact she is living in her aunt's rent controlled apartment and illegally subletting, is never really brought up. who knows what else Monica was getting from family. considering the shit jobs and lavish lifestyle she had.

same for ross. PHD in paleontology. works as a museum tour guide most of the show. wife is taking him for a ride with alamony and child support. still lives in decent apartments in good parts of the city.
>>
>The one when chandler sniffs rachels underwear.
>>
I've tried watching this shit like three times. I just can't, it's too damn 90s. It's not even bad, it just depresses me, it's like staring into a better world that's gone.
>>
Who gives a fuck?

Seinfeld is way better
>>
>>87768271
Jealousy makes you an irrational retard. That's just life.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.