[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blade Runner 2049 confirmed shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 8

File: Hans_Zimmer_crop.jpg (325KB, 535x664px) Image search: [Google]
Hans_Zimmer_crop.jpg
325KB, 535x664px
Get ready for those VROOOMs
http://www.factmag.com/2017/09/15/johann-johannsson-removed-blade-runner-2049-production-team/
>>
>>87757513
I was behind this movie in large part due to the Johannsson and Denis combo. Now with BWEEE BWEEEE Zimmer, I'm not that interested because the sound is a character in itself in the BR universe.

Also, it's an odd move this close to release. Either Johannsson didn't deliver - which is entirely possible, though given his track record, I highly doubt it - or he had a creative disagreement with Denis
>>
>>87757573
I think the most likely scenario is that the studio wanted an action thriller score and Johannsson wrote more atmospheric ambient music.
>>
>>87757667
If that's the case, which I actually can agree with you, then I will be so disappointed. I hope that the truth comes out soon. Studio interference is not a good idea with an auteur
>>
>>87757513

What the fuck? Not Zimmer. For fuck's sake.
>>
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
>>
>>87757513
Pleb. Interstellar, Inception and TDK are godly soundtracks
>>
EAR SHATTERING FART NOISE
>>
lets be honest. Jóhannsson has done nothing that has stood out. He was just a Villeneuve add-on.

Not that im saying Zimmer has done anything good in the last 10 years except BvS
>>
>>87757513
>hating Zimmer
Sorry this meme is stretching it.
>>
/tv/ is so boring, sure literally everything Zimmer does is shit and has the same effect.
>>
Zimmer is a shit composer for people who don't actually like music.

Everything he's done almost including the Lion King is shit. Inception, Interstellar, The Dark Knight etc

He's not only a hack but he's shit.
Only good OST was Dead Mans Chest
>>
>>87759116
Forgot to add. I've won a musical competition at the Hollywood Bowl so you can all go fuck yourselves trying to retort me.
>>
>>87759116
>>87759153
You're a shit composer
>>
You didn't know, thought I was new on the scene
Well, it's alright! It's alright!
I know you know, I see you smiling at me
Well, it's alright! It's alright!

VROOM! Here comes the VROOM!
Ready or not, here comes the boy from the South
VROOM! Here comes the VROOM!
How you like me now?

Is that all you got?
I'll take your best shot.
>>
>>87759116
reminder that Zimmer is winning the Oscar this year
https://youtu.be/n1VJ39nVIBk
>>
Hans Zimmer is the McDonalds of composing
>>
>>87759235
Reminder the only person who thinks an oscar means anything is a woman or a pleb
>>
Why doesn't Zimmer's friend Klaus Badelt get more work in Hollywood? I consider him much better and has more of a range. Just listen to this song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjB_oMgtaq8

Also, Klaus composed the first Pirates of the Caribbean before Zimmer took over the franchise.
>>
I hope Zimmer has dwelved into modular synthesis, not just the usual orchestral brass hits.
Maybe that's why Wallfisch was hired too.
>>
johannsson is a mediocre composer. Every freakin time he makes two or three good tracks and fills the rest just copy pasting those and adding bland minimalist tracks. There is a reason why Zimmer and Wallfisch were hired because Johannsson didn't deliver. Or maybe he couldn't.
>>
File: 1480468685658.jpg (10KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1480468685658.jpg
10KB, 320x287px
>>87757513
>Zimmer
I don't hate him like most of /tv/'s contrarians, but his work is so samey it's really getting fucking annoying hearing him in every other film.

At least John Williams' spammy career created music people actually remember.
>>
>>87759500
Yep better than Zimmer.
>>
>>87759532
But why completely remove him?

Johannsson is great with synthesis and atmospheric sound design, while Zimmer and Wallfisch are better at composing and arrangement. Maybe three composers is just too much thoughts clashing
>>
honestly who the fuck even compares to vangelis today anyway?
>>
Did it never occur to them to ask Vangelis?
>>
File: Ghost_in_the_Shell_(2017_film).png (166KB, 259x384px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost_in_the_Shell_(2017_film).png
166KB, 259x384px
Not joking, this movie had a really good ambient synth soundtrack during parts.

>Music by Clint Mansell
That's impressive
>>
Vangelis hasn't made anything exceptional since Mythodea
>>
>>87759678
Anon Vangelis is a 74 year old fuck who didn’t make anything relevant in a decade or two.
At best he would make a forgettable soundtrack that tries to hard to be like the original just like Williams did that for TFA.
>>
>>87759841
TFA had a shit OST because the directing and entire film didn't allow for a good OST.
>>
>>87759914
lmao stop reaching
>>
>>87759675
No one, really. Solid electronic music kind of died out in the early 2000s. Nowadays it's just been taken over by boring trance music that all sounds identical, with some nondescript broad blaring in the background and all.
>>
>>87759367
I'm thinkin Arby's
>>
>>87759675
Justice.
>>
>>87759841
fucking Greeks, man
>>
>>87757667
That's not true, people who never worked and never will work on a movie in their life should stop with "the studio" boogyman.
It's no coincidence that a lot of the crew worked with Dennis before, because he wanted to work with them and he picked them.
WB gave him pretty much full control (look at the runtime), you dont go specifically for a well known and successful director if you don't want him to make his movie, he doesn't come cheap.
Johansson didn't work out for some reason so they brought someone else who can do a better job and just because it was reported only recently doesn't mean it didn't already happened sometime ago.
>>
>>87760102
What an ignorant statement.
What about Burial, Culprate, Alon Moor, Noisia, Jon Hopkins, Billain, Amon Tobin?
>>
>>87759768
rosetta is a better blade runner 2049 score than whatever zimzog has cooked up
>>
>>87760058
>reaching
The OST of the prequels were great
>>
At first her look threw me off and I didn't like her, but by the end of the movie I found her to be cute, like in a platonic love, sisterly kinda way
>>
File: 1499528309525.jpg (174KB, 1533x961px) Image search: [Google]
1499528309525.jpg
174KB, 1533x961px
>>87757573
>>87758860
what is this new meme
>>
>>87758861
>BRRRRRRMMMMMM

and Dunkirk's soundtrack, his most recent work, was absolute trash.
>>
>>87760320
They happened almost 20 years ago anon.
>>
>>87759235
>pointing to Oscars as if they are not bought and paid for
>>
Little makes me angrier than when I bring up John Williams and people inevitably have to mention Hans Zimmer like they need to ne in the same sentence. Fuck Zimmer, his scores are trash. Williams is the best of all time.
>>
>>87757513
this shit gonna suck isnt it. goddammit. everything sucks these days
>>
>>87759675
Brian McBride
>>
>>87760437
Only the big categories, all the technical categories were always on point because the Academy does not choose those but actual industry people who work in those categories.
>>
>all these fucking underage plebs
Interstellar and dunkirk soundtracks were 10/10
I wasnt gonna see it but now i will
>>
File: 34532.jpg (218KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
34532.jpg
218KB, 640x960px
Ok but Shinichiro Watanabe is making a Blade Runner short
with Flying Lotus doing the soundtrack so who gives a shit if the movie sucks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwjGlAa3-F4
>>
>establishing shot of flying car in the mist
>BRRM
>fade to black
>autism goose making autism face
>BRRRMM
>old man ford not giving a fuck
>BRRMM
>generic girl looking hot
>fade to black
>quick cuts of splosions
>BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPP
enjoy your michael bays blade runner, anons.
>>
>>87760604
You have shit taste
>>87760481
Patrician
>>
>>87759409
Those are not mutually exclusive.
>>
>>87759675
Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross are getting there
>>
>>87760576
No lol they aren't "on point" you filty redditor. The oscars mean nothing esp the music.
>>
Should've known something was up when Vangelis read the script and refused to have anything to do with it.
>>
It's funny how /tv/ likes to shit on whatever popular composer/cinematographer, while I'm pretty sure most of you can't name even 5 composers/cinematographers working today.
>>
>>87760774
Vangelis was never hired to begin with, he hates Ridley Scott and anything related to him with a genuine passion
>>
>>87760818
really? source?
>>
>>87759678
Vangelis probably doesn't give a fuck about Hollywood anymore, especially about milking the cow blockbuster sequels.
>>
>>87760654
I bet it's going to be 10 times better than the actual movie.
>>
>>87759691
Pretty sure it was Lorne Balfe (who also works for Zimzam). Something like 90% of all Hollywood composers work for his studio (Remote Control Productions) so you often hear the same samples and styles being used between composers. Shame really
>>
File: 960.jpg (33KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
33KB, 960x540px
>>87760335
>>
>action scene
>300 violins start playing
>BWWAAASH
so happy people are waking up to this samey fuck
>>
>>87759116
Zimmer is OK. But he only stands out because everyone else is shit. And it isn't like his scores are that iconic or memorable.

>>87760816
Why is it worth remembering them if their scores are shit? There are tons of ye olde movies whose score is instantly recognizable.
>>
>>87761147
>But he only stands out because everyone else is shit.

Brainlet detected
>>
>>87759235
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZOLKwSsFik

Can't unhear this ever.
>>
>>87760972
Every Zimmer movie also has at least 5 additional composer drones who all parrot his style. Watch the credits of something scored by him they are all listed.
>>
File: Duality (Mixtape) 2.jpg (4MB, 1650x1650px) Image search: [Google]
Duality (Mixtape) 2.jpg
4MB, 1650x1650px
>>87760654
>Flying Lotus

Why the fuck wouldn't you get him to score the real movie?

A genius clearly influenced by Vangelis but innovative and not interested in throwback homage bullshit. Instead we get Zimmer, the formulaic asshole responsible for scoring literally a third of all movies in existence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ScYz9sNaQk
>>
>>87761168
There aren't any great contemporary composers. Deal.
>>
>>87758861
>Pleb. Interstellar, Inception and TDK are godly soundtracks
>TDK

TDK is not Zimmer alone, James Newton Howard composed some of the best parts of the OST.

Zimmer just recycled and mixed elements from Crimson tide, The Last Samurai, The Red thin line and The Da Vinci Code
>>
>>87758930
>>87758930
>>hating Zimmer
>Sorry this meme is stretching it.

Zimmer as become more repetitive than James Horner and his four note danger motif.

Horner used to pick up really diferent projects, so his scores usually had a change of pace, same with other composers who use similar motifs between projects like Williams, Silvestri, etc.

Zimmer choose only big bombastic blockbusters and that make his style tired, not bad, but far from fresh like he used to be in 90´s
>>
>>87761168
>who is Desplat
>who is Elfman
>who is Shore
>who are Reznor/Ross
>who is Mansell
>who is Newman
>who is Martinez
>who is Greenwood
>>
>>87761407
At this point Zimmer probably already has half of the movie scored before they even hire him. He probably has folders like "thrilling adventure" or "tech mind thriller" with bits of Pirates or Inception shuffled so he only has to reach in the folder and maybe ask his drones at Remote Control to change a bit here or there since they already know how to copycat his style well.
>>
>>87758861
As is MoS and BvS.
>>
>>87757513 (OP) #
I was behind this movie in large part due to the Johannsson and Denis combo. Now with BWEEE BWEEEE Zimmer, I'm not that interested because the sound is a character in itself in the BR universe.

Also, it's an odd move this close to release. Either Johannsson didn't deliver - which is entirely possible, though given his track record, I highly doubt it - or he had a creative disagreement with Denis
>>
>>87761717
>>87761717
>At this point Zimmer probably already has half of the movie scored before they even hire him

Composer here. We all usually do that. You make a demo of a theme with a color or a dramatic tone and you shelve it until you found a project where it fit. Of course you have to have several ideas/demos in order to match what the director and the producers want, that´s why you work on advance.

The problem with Zimmer and Remote control is they take this "artisan" way of work and transform it on a mass production process, they just make assets for Zimmer and you can feel how disconected is the composition process from the film.
>>
>>87762289
>BvS.

shit taste.
>>
>>87761407

Wrath of Khan has a kino score. Nu-Trek wishes it was this good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOFHi7SRMoU
>>
>>87763426
Don´t get me wrong, Horner was a wonderful composer and is still my favorite one, but he self-plagiarized a lot of his work and that dimished a lot the impact of his legacy

https://youtu.be/YAIIdW62Cjk
>>
>>87760311

Rosetta was meandering and forgetful, great if you wanted a new Vangelis record, bad if you were expecting anything transcending.
>>
>>87763309
>Lex Luthor

You already hear it.
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.