[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

baby driver

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 230
Thread images: 15

File: Baby_Driver_poster.jpg (122KB, 220x326px) Image search: [Google]
Baby_Driver_poster.jpg
122KB, 220x326px
my movie of the year baby driver
its a brilliant film the only problem i had with it was jamie foxx
>>
>>87752412
>the only problem i had with it was jamie foxx
yeah me too. honestly, anytime there's a black in a film, it ruins it for me.
>>
>>87752435
he just seemed like a rich actor playing gangsta
>>
Jamie Foxx was one of the best parts of the movie. In half his scenes I honestly thought he was gonna randomly kill somebody. I thought for sure Jon Hamm was gonna get it from him. Guy was a pretty scary dude.
>>
>already out on digital
>not out on bluray for a fucking month

I'm used to waiting a week but this is fucking ridiculous
>>
>>87752568
i might just buy it on bluray, i havent bought a physical copy of a movie in a long time but this might be break the drought
>>
best use of jamie fox since miami vice
>>
>>87752412

Watched this two nights ago, great film. I really liked all of the little stylistic details like the lyrics on the wall and the music accenting all of the action on screen. Baby and Deborah's relationship was hopeful and innocent against the backdrop of violence which I enjoyed.

I felt as though Spacey's actions toward the end (no spoilers) were a little out of character but it didn't particularly detract from the overall experience.

I didn't mind Jamie Foxx, he was unpredictable. Jon Hamm's character had some surprising depth i thought, Eiza González not so much but god she looked fantastic.

Good pace too. I'd give it an 8/10, really enjoyed it.
>>
>>87752412
but Foxx was pretty good and convicing
>>
>>87752672

Oh and I wish I knew sign language. Personally I felt it was a great choice not to subtitle it.
>>
NEED DEBBIE GF RIGHT NOW
>>
>>87752672
i might buy the sound track too
>>
>>87752744

I've been listening to the jon spencer blues explosion since hearing 'bellbottoms' in the opening scene.
>>
>>87752412
hey man you are subscribed to YMS too? nice
>>
>>87752744
I spent quite a while just rotating between Tequila and Hocus Pocus after watching this
>>
i bet Kevin Spacey stretched out Baby Driver's anus in real life
>>
>>87752768
>>87752783
its a killer soundtrack
i like when movies experiment with older music special the 80s when rock was perfected
>>
Has /tv/ started acting like baby driver yet?
>>
File: 1424710452723.jpg (95KB, 799x794px) Image search: [Google]
1424710452723.jpg
95KB, 799x794px
>>87752672
>lyrics on the wall
>>
>>87752822
no it's reddit
>>
>>87752783
I listened to Easy about 20 times in a row after seeing this
>>
>>87752541
Jamie Foxx is a racist negro
>>
>>87752775
i do but thats not the reason i loved this movie,
edger right is the first reason, i actually waych his quickie after watching it
to tell the truth i like watching YMS for the same reason i like watching RLM, just for fun i disagree a lot on their opinions but i dont take what they say as any kind of movie critic gospel
im pretty normie when it comes to my movie taste i like capeshit, i have phase 1 of the marvel movies, i love late 80s early nineties action movies and i laughed at the hitmans bodygurad
i try to enjoy films but my friends call me overly critical tho
>>
>>87752568
>>87752636
tfw John Wick 2
>>
>>87752923
its ok the first is way better, i enjoy a good solid action movie tho
>>
>>87752941
True. I love watching brainless action every once in a while. Kingsman was amazing to watch with a couple of friends.
>>
I liked John Wick 2 better. The intro was balls out, so was the catacombs scene and the battle between JW and Common. Great aesthetics too
>>
>>87752412
>>87752672
It's literally if Drive had more dialogue and was more shit.
>diner scene
>Lily asks Baby what he does
>can't say "I drive" because Goose already did that, even though that is the coolest line
>I-I'm a d-driver
JUST
>>
>>87752981
fuck me kingsman is brilliant, it was better spy film than the bond film they released the same year
actually the man from uncle was a better spy film and i wanna see another
>>
>>87753004
i bet you get laid all the time
>>
>>87753004

I forgot we were on 4chan for a moment with all the civil discussion happening. Thanks for reminding me.
>>
>>87753057
you mean /tv/
>>
>>87752783

Oh, hocus pocus. Any time that's used it's winner.
>>
>>87752859
What's wrong with being racist? This is 4chan, remember?
>>
>>87752412
It sucked, fucking kill yourself OP.
>>
>>87753023
>>87753057
>pretend to be intellectually superior
Not a single argument.
I pointed out a fact that EW couldn't use a good line due to copyright or it being done. You both start with personal attacks. Fucking brainlets...
>>
>>87753004
This. Movie sucked big-time balls, was unwatchable.
>>
>>87753138
first it was acomplament i think you do get laid all the time
>>87753057
this guys comment was a clear observation about 4chan not a personal attack
touchie much
>>
>>87753138
'I'm a driver' is a more normal response than 'I drive'. He was much more sociable than Gosling's character. And that was a good scene. EW is really good at writing flirtatious banter as he showed in Scott Pilgrim.
>>
>>87752412
Movie was boring after the first act to be honest.

Also, almost all the music sucked. Bellbottoms is the worst non-hiphop song I have ever heard.
>>
>>87753188
Judging by your sense of humor, I understand why you love and defend Baybee Drivuh. It was pure geeky autist wish fulfillment.
>look and talk like a 16 yo dork
>9/10 waitress strikes up a convo and hits on you the first min you meet
Right...
>>
>>87753216
why do this
if you dont like the film why even comment on the thread
i understand you have the right but why wasteyour energy comment and do the recaptcha to shit on a nice thread about a movie people like
>>
>>87753208
>sociable
Baybee chad couldn't pull off the "I drive" line anyway. Goose can actually make it believable.
>>
>>87753247
fuck it you succeeded in destroying my interest in this thread you won happy now
you want a personal attack
go suck a cock you human dumpster fire,
>>
>>87753247
he's 6'4 with the face of a 16 year old. you really think it's unrealistic girls would be attracted to him? who's the autist again?
>>
>>87753263
>>87753309
Is this your first day on the internet or something?
>likes Baby Driver
>hates to be compared to adult Drive
>whines like a baby to any criticism and demands a safe space
True pottery.
>>
>>87753247
i dont defend it
i liked it i dont defend any movie wanna shit on knock your self out it wont ruin my like for this film
i liked it because it was well made, written well which is a rarity in Hollywood now days, well acted and i didn't feel like i wasted my time or money .
you can shit on it cause your a big boy who knows swear words, but to me your a anon on the web and your opinion means jack shit to me
>>
>>87752696
what? they did subtitle it
>>
>>87753356
i dont remember saying i hate it being compared to driver, its been a while since i have seen driver so i cant remember how it was similer other than it has driver in the title
i was annoyed because it was a perfectly good thread about a film like minded people enjoyed and some ass hate decided to shit on everyone who dared to doubt his ability to get laid
>>
File: IMG_3482.png (2MB, 2208x1242px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3482.png
2MB, 2208x1242px
>>87753316
>6'4"
He was sitting down when she arrived.

Yes this is the face of a confident international man of mystery. He even tries to do the "Bond, James Bond" face, but ends up looking constipated, and about to cry.
I was only going to post 1 comment joke about the movie, but now you're just asking for it to be roasted.
>>
>>87753389
the copy i got was subtitled but i hate subtitles cause i watch them more than the movie
>>
>>87753469
roast away bud. you're only exposing your own autism. you think he needs to stand up for a girl to know he's a big guy 4u?

just because no girls hit on you, doesn't mean it doesn't happen to other guys

of all the things to criticize the movie about this is an embarrassing one to go after
>>
>>87753524
It's embarrassing to point out the MC has no charisma and is only cool to numales? For you maybe.
>>
>>87753569
are you a cute girl? you don't seem to have a clue what girl's find attractive and you're projecting your insecurities onto somebody who's obviously an attractive young man
>>
>>87753389

O, mine didn't have them :/
>>
>>87753611
Are you girl? Why do you care so much about attractive young men you faggot?
>>
>>87753309

Just ignore the trolls.I enjoyed the chat while it lasted.
>>
>>87753611
girls in my experience dig guys with confident, he drives for a gangster and helps rob banks, if that doesn't make some one super confident i dont know what will
>>
>>87752412
Music Video: The Movie.
>>
>>87753760
hellva a music video
>>
>>87753754
he was confident as fuck. it's shown right from the start when jon bernthal tries to make him flinch and he doesn't. baby was as based as they come
>>
>>87752412
>i had with it was jamie foxx

Same and I usually like Jamie Foxx but it made no sense why they all didn't just kill him. Everything could have been avoided if they just shot him after the weapon deal went to shit.
>>
>>87753754
The fact he robs banks would get most women wet. It's one of the few criminal lifestyles that's pretty bad ass.
>>
>>87753890
the part was ok, jamie foxx was the problem
who would we cast if we had the chance to recast this?
>>
>>87753920
bet she got wet at the end when he was escaping with her in the car
some one had to wipe that passenger seat down
>>
>>87753890
because he was right about them being cops. then when they found out spaceman knew, jon hamm made a split second decision to cover for him which surprised everyone, but he was planning on killing him anyway and just wanted to get the job outta the way first

>>87753869
throughout the whole movie they were trying to rattle baby but couldn't
>>
File: keith.jpg (27KB, 480x496px) Image search: [Google]
keith.jpg
27KB, 480x496px
>>87753923
In Jaime's role? I'd go with Keith David
>>
>>87753967
>throughout the whole movie they were trying to rattle baby but couldn't
i dont understand why you want to mess with the driver
have they not seen like every heist movie in the last 5 years
>>
File: mexi can.jpg (67KB, 712x648px) Image search: [Google]
mexi can.jpg
67KB, 712x648px
>>87753999
a bit old but i can dig it
does he have to be black maybe a mexican actor
maybe Trejo
>>
>>87753923
Jamie Foxx
>>
>>87754066
Trejo would work, maybe John Leguizamo, He plays a bad guy pretty good in bloodline.
>>
>>87754104
Foxx was great, but if it had to be recast Johnny Legs would be a good choice.
>>
>>87754095
Jamie foxx with more acting lessons
>>
>>87752541
This, I kinda wish Foxx was the main villain instead of Hamm, although seeing Hamm go ham as a bad guy was pretty fucking sweet.

I'm sad there wasn't more Bernthal.
>>
>>87753012
Man from UNCLE was underrated desu famalam. Cavill was surprisingly good
>>
>>87754169
Foxx's death scene was so epic though. Baby made him his bitch in that scene.

I also liked how Hamm's crazy size was foreshadowed by his girlfriend in the diner. I thought she was wrong and Foxx was gonna kill him, but she wasn't fucking around when she said you don't wanna make him see red.
>>
>>87754248
>but she wasn't fucking around when she said you don't wanna make him see red.
The lights in the car he was driving at the end reflecting this was a pretty nice touch and looked fucking great in those shots when he was all battered and pissed too.

This is one of the few movies I feel the first act is the weakest, it just got progressively better IMO.
>>
>>87754248
that was when we truly see what the movie was hinting at all along, that baby was in fact hard as fuck
>>
>>87754066
Keith David is a bit old? Trejo is 12 years older you mongoloid
>>
>>87754219
if he wasnt superman i would cast him as bond in a heart beat
>>
>>87754305
>This is one of the few movies I feel the first act is the weakest, it just got progressively better IMO.
It was one of the best foot chases I've seen. Not just for the slick parkour and cinematography, but the way that no matter what he did he couldn't shake them, like a bad dream. The tension was nuts from the moment the job went south.
>>
>>87754412
Then as soon as he finally loses them, the tension dies down for just a second, and there's Hamm in the diner to start it right back up.
>>
>>87754412
he made it worse for himself every time,
like when he set of the shop alarm
>>
>>87754412
agreed. it was a very visceral feeling watching that

>>87754456
he had nowhere else to go though
>>
Hot Fuzz = Shaun of the dead > Scott Pilgrim > Baby Driver > The World's End
>>
>>87754662
Shaun of the Dead > Baby Driver > Scott Pilgrim > Hot Fuzz > first half of The World's End > dogshit > second half of The World's End
>>
>>87754662
Why do people feel the need to post their subjective rankings? Scott Pilgrim doesn't belong anywhere except in the last place
>>
>>87754900
>Why do people feel the need to post their subjective rankings?
>Posts his subjective ranking of scott pilgrim
>>
>>87754662
It's HF>Shaun=TWE>Baby>Scott>70% of the movies made today
Objective and true
>>
>>87754913
I'm simply stating the obvious, it's not my fault you're oblivious to the fact that it's widely considered his worst film
>>
ffiiinnnee ill watch this. his directing style is so lame to me though
>>
This movie was so color-by-numbers that I couldn't sit through it. I stopped watching before 30mins was up.
>>
>>87752412
I liked it, kinda. It needed more car chases. There weren't enough badass car chases. they opened with one, and I thought it was going to be a movie about badass car chases set to a rythm which is actually his headphones playing. then it just got sidetracked with his shitty personal life. wasn't what I wanted from it.
>>
File: cringe.jpg (25KB, 744x434px) Image search: [Google]
cringe.jpg
25KB, 744x434px
Pretty badly overwritten cliche filled generic mess that goes on for 30 minutes too long.

The only thing that was original about the film is the tinnitus gimmick and even that is handled completely wrong.
No one with actual tinnitus would wear earbud headphones 24/7, that would only make your tinnitus even worse in the long run. And the EEEEEEEE sound of tinnitus is not so fucking loud that you have to blast music not to hear it, a sound of a running engine or even just a busy street is more than enough to block it. Basically you just need any kind of white noise not to hear it, so people with tinnitus put a working fan in their room when they're sleeping or put on the TV on a scrambled channel on low volume.

And the entire third act is a complete shitshow.
Jon Hamm has a "finale" fight with Baby literally THREE times, absolutely absurd and ridiculous. The diner girl seeing people being murdered left and right and she's still with the guy who she met a week ago. Kevin Spacey doing an 180 on his entire character just because he sees the girl and suddenly giving his life for Baby and his girl, even though he was ready to kill him and his family seconds ago just to get some more money.. Constant cheesy lines left and right. Absolutely cliche ending scene.
And this is all just in the last 30 minutes, still baffled by the critical praise.
>>
>>87755281
If the whole movie is car chases you end up with brainless tripe like fast and the furious 15
>>
>>87755316
Spaceman was always fond of Baby. It's even implied that he killed Jon Bernthal's character because he was fucking with Baby too much.
>>
>>87755428
it already was a brainless tripe.
Noone actually watched this movie and expected good writing and compelling characters, right?
>>
>its a brilliant film
It was an OK film. The standards are so low nowadays that this -nice- film gets high praise. Sad desu
>>
lmao it's funny how the opinion of /tv/ drastically changes when the ameritards are awake
>>
>>87755609
I believe this film is getting praise from burgers the most desu since it's Wright's first murican production
>>
>>87755316
>Jon Hamm has a "finale" fight with Baby literally THREE times, absolutely absurd and ridiculous.
literally video game tier and I loved it
>>
>>87753469
>what do you do
>I'm a driver
>like a chauffeur for celebs, anyone that I know?
>I hope not
This shit was so cringe it looked like a parody. Who thought an annoying millennial who can't act would be a a great gangster? I wanted to punch his face so much.
>>
>>87752412
This movie is cringe I can't even watch more than 5 min
>>
>>87756061
he wasnt a gangster he was just a kid that got caught up in it
>>
>>87755269
This how do people have such shit taste are you all 16 and 17 year olds?
>>
>>87756113
>>87755269
they probably loved transformers
>>
>>87756061
Yeah right, seasoned gangsters want to work with a retarded millennial who's wearing headphones during the robbery. Stupid robberies that weren't even elaborate, just post offices and desks. Why do they need this fucker?
>>
>>87756061
only saving grace
>>
>>87756113
you've probably never seen a good movie in your life, obviously not enough action scenes to keep you entertained. if you don't care about the characters then this movie is not for you...
>>
>>87756145
why would robbers wants the best getaway driver around when doing million dollar heists? seriously are you retarded? you guys are grasping at things to pick at for some reason
>>
>>87756061
was he famous before this movie? literally never heard of him
>>
>>87756138
What do transformers have in this debate? or are you just naming random run of the mill lowest common denominator flicks for the masses to portay this as something that's good?
>>
>>87756145
why are u even in this thread if you hated this film?
>>
>>87756277
>circlejerk only
>>
>>87756185
I've seen thousands of films
>>
>>87756138
>>87756185
>>87756276
This shit has a 4.1 average rating on letterboxd how fucking sad
>>
>>87756206
>best getaway driver
>some skinny twink
>not a grizzled criminal
Have you seen the Transporter? The state of nu-/tv/
>>
>>87756253
Me neither and I don't think he was cast because of his acting skills...
>>
>>87756341
>some skinny twink
he was at least 6'3 180 you fucking dummy. and what does transporter have to do with it? how are they gonna find that guy when he doesn't even exist in the same universe?

i don't get what's going on but all the people who hate this movie seem legitimately retarded
>>
This film was so stupid they didn't even know how to end it, the guy just surrender and goes to prison for years while they kept talking about just hitting the road and leaving everything behind.
The best part was dumping his crippled black friend in a rich neighborhood for random people to take care of him. WTF
>>
Goose would have fucked all these niggas up.
>>
>>87756334
Yeah the letterboxd and the metacritic are the most baffling, IMDB doesn't count anymore since it's a popularity contest nowdays
>>
>>87756417
>write fictional story
>you can have literally anyone be MC
>pick millenial twig twink who is a Gary Stu wish fulfillment fantasy for beta cuck nerds who would never actually be within a 10 foot radius of Lily James
I guess EW knew his audience.
>>
>>87756534
well then it wouldn't be baby driver you fucking retard. it would be the transporter, which already exists
>>
>>87756534
>kick-ass
>high school student becomes superhero
>LOL why a high school student why not an ex-special forces guy?

Because that's the plot you dumbfuck
>>
The twink was cute.
>>
>>87756468
>he best part was dumping his crippled black friend in a rich neighborhood for random people to take care of him. WTF
it was a retirement home, didn't u read the sign
>>
>>87756468
The stupidest part of the ending was he was acting like he was turning himself in to save his GF, but she was helping a fugitive murderer escape from the cops, she's going to prison also.
>>
>>87754900
>Not liking Scott Pilgrim

/tv/ pandering faggot.
>>
>>87757060
>liking Scott Pilgrim
hola reddit!
back to /co/
>>
>>87756750
Yeah right, everyone knows retirement homes are free in the US. He had a stash of cash from baby? You think they won't immediately make the connection with the robberies? He would be stripped from the money and dumped on the street at best. But the writer of this film live in La-La-Land
>>
File: knives.jpg (40KB, 377x599px) Image search: [Google]
knives.jpg
40KB, 377x599px
>>87757102
i hated scott pilgrim for a number of reasons
1.the fucking ending
2. flower was not at all interesting or cute i honestly say i cant thing of one personality trait she had. he should have gone with knives, yes i know there are two endings but i saw it in the cinema with the flower ending. also knives was qt
3.the constant retro video game references, yes i know those were in the comic but it felt stupid special when it was taken so seriously
4. the main actor was shit. they couldn't get any one else
>>
>>87756565
My point exactly. This film was pointless. Others have done it better.
>>87756605
>Kicks Ass
He gets his ass kicked and learns to be a hero.
>Baby Driver
Drives like a pro at like 16, hot chicks throw themsleves at him, getaway driver for harden robbers and gangsters. Lel. Naw. Total wish fulfilment. Which is fine, as long as you admit it.
>>
>girl knows a guy for a week, they get interrupted on their very first date and don't even finish
>she's willing to stand by him as he's robing banks and murdering people and she isn't at all freaked out by that
>>
>>87757130
baby gave him his money remember u can clearly see it sticking out of his jacket
kevin spaceys a gangster he would know how to launder money
>>
>yanks actually like this shit
Shit taste the movie was all over the place and had a bad case of The Worlds End Syndrome
>>
>>87755485
elaborate? At what point was that guy killed?
>>
>>87757286
>it's a love letter to Bonnie and Clyde
>>
>>87755485
They didn't kill him, they killed the asain dude for leaving his weapons behind aka evidence.
>>
https://deadline.com/2017/07/baby-driver-showtime-premiere-tv-rights-2018-1202126267/

yo there's no way they'll actually order a season but if a pilot does it get made, man what I would give to have that leaked. it'd be so hilariously shitty.
>>
I'm not usually racist bit the amount of white people and how much they focused on them really irked me
>>
>>87752412
is baby driver white?
>>
>>87757510
sandnigger, like most of holywood
>>
>>87757460
This is bait but it is a common thread I've seen with complainers. I've seen a few people say that Baby Driver shouldn't have been white.
>>
>>87757360
>>87757429
It was insinuated that he was killed. He kept fucking with Baby in the meet up, and still in the elevator, and then his last words in the movie were "if you guys don't see me again, it's because I'm dead", as Spacey gives him a death stare. We didn't see him again so it's implied that he's dead.
>>
>>87757591
that's more than a bit out
>>
It's good but it's not kino
>>
>>87757612
Not at all. It was a meta scene where he says "if you don't see me it's because I'm dead", and then he abruptly exits the movie with no other explanation as to what happened to him. He was killed.
>>
>the attempt at romance and chemistry and falling in love between Baby and the waitress was awful
> punchable main character
>bad guy had a more understandable and sympathetic motivation than the main character
>unsatisfying 3 part final battle that fails to build tension or up the ante correctly
>the car chase scenes aren't even that good. Rely on stupid choreography like "hurr I'll drive next to these two similar-model , same colour cars that happen to be here while I'm running from police" Doesn't measure up to the driving scenes in drive or the town or the french connection or ronin

It clearly isn't film of the year you shill
stop trying to make this a meme and trick /tv/ into thinking that it is a good movie

It is mediocre at best.
If you spent money on a cinema ticket you'd feel like you wasted your money and should have seen something else instead
>>
>>87757682
I mean it might be, but as far as the plot is concerned that did not happen
>>
>>87757225
>Total wish fulfilment
So is every action movie ever you fucking moron. Why do you think there's 25 James Bond movies?
>>
>>87757703
It was between the lines, but it was very clearly written between the lines.
>>
>>87754662
yep. I haven't seen Teh World's end but scott pilgrim is definitely better than baby driver
>>
>>87757733
>between the lines
so speculation bait. I don't think it happened so the whole "gay president dude actually loves baby" twist was retarded
>>
>>87757708
Yeah. Like I said, they don't deny it. Numale core tries to hide it by praising it as cute quirky and intellectual or different. Just admit it, and it's fine. It's hard for them to imagine themselves as Arnold Schwarzenneger but gay twink is easier.
>>
Quite bad. Much like the entire filmography of E.W.

I guess it's good for braindead consumerism who needs to shut his brains.
>>
>>87757770
Dude I guarantee you're the biggest faggot in this thread. It's always the guy pretending he's some alpha male that's the farthest thing from it. Don't think you're fooling anybody.
>>
>>87757691
>>The cinematography is all bad because of one aspect of the first scene
>After which point the maintenence men kicked me out since they found I was doubledipping after leaving Spider-Man Homecoming (the second time I've seen it)
>Was able to sneak back at the part when the main character faggot is in the parking garage by crouching in a bathroom stall for a while
>God he's such a punchable twink faggot fucking faggot faggot
>why cna't they have any aciton stars that are fat like me?
>Try not to cry as I leave the theater and bus home

This movie totally sucked
line break
>>
>>87757761
He clearly had a ton of respect for Baby though. When he made Baby repeat what was said when he had the earbuds in, he listened with a smirk and says 'that's my Baby'. Or when he tells the story of Baby stealing his car. Or telling Bernthal he's a good kid. It was made very clear that he always liked and respected Baby.
>>
>>87752412
>movie of the year
it's a good film, but MOTY? Nope. The fact that it was one of the better summer flicks this year, just shows how terrible this summer is.
>>
>>87757911
in a crime-boss, sociopathic sort of way, yes

not in a "I was in love once too, son. Here let me sacrifice my life for you and your waitress girlfriend you just met" kinda way
>>
>>87757916
>just shows how terrible this summer is.

My thought exactly, it just shows how low the bar has fallen for something like this to garner this kind of praise
>>
>>87757953
In that moment he realized that despite the awful situation he forced on Baby, that little Virgin had graduated to Chadhood.
>>
>>87757973
i guess i shouldn't have enjoyed it
stupid me for like this, stupid
>>
>>87757953
I didn't see that as a sacrifice though. He had to stand his ground anyways, and they couldn't help, so why not tell them to fuck off? It's not like he could have left but chose not to.
>>
>>87758013
Thanks for the blog update but nobody cares
>>
>>87758013
are you fucking retarded? no one says anything about you not being able to like it, like what the fuck you want, me and him are just saying it's only being praised so much, because this summer fucking sucked.
Also, "muh Edgar Wright".
>>
i find it very strange how triggered some people are that others enjoyed this movie. you don't see this strain of autism very often
>>
Alright lads give me your pitches for Baby Driver 2.
Only requirements are that the music gimmick is mostly retained and SOME of the characters from the first film are present.
>>
>>87752412
Elliot Rodger is so hot.
>>
>>87753004
to be faie
this was better in a sense that it was just autism kino rather than Gooses autism cuck kino
>>
File: 1425593293789.jpg (177KB, 492x492px) Image search: [Google]
1425593293789.jpg
177KB, 492x492px
Ansel sucked dick in this

nigga needs to emote better, shits some fucking shit acting

like you can tell the nigga sucks at acting so much it takes you out

every god damn time the nigga on screen i get taken out of the whole movie like reminding me im watching a movie or a YouTube video

damn dat nigga ruined the movie for me
>>
>>87757857
never mentioned cinematography you retard

keep consuming shitty movies
>>
>>87758114
hits from the bong
>>
>>87758114
how about not cashing it on it and leaving it be?

>>87758156
the Driver in Drive wasn't a cuck, he was the cucker.
>>
>>87758156
>Baby has to wait 5 years before he presumably gets laid
better than Driver's not-get-laid-and-bleed-to-death ending

>>87758175
heck yeah n**ga
>>
>>87758192
you could have picked a much better CH track.
>>
>>87758191

Choregraphy.

My bad.
>>
>>87758110
you must be a tourist on this board then
>>
>>87758194
he was a cuck
>dating a chick with a beaner bastard whos father got out of prison so lets chill together and dine together
>oh whats that? you got problems? yeahhh let me help you because i want you alive for that sweet threesome where i clean your cum of your girl
that is some soft subliminal cuck message there boi
>>
>>87752412
>jamie foxx
I don't personally hate niggers, but this uppity colored man just rubs me the wrong way.
>>
>>87757810
>pretending to be alpha male
Are you mad because I was accurate? The only thing I've said is that it's wish fulfilment for geeks. How do you know I'm not just a self aware nerd? Or maybe somewhere in the middle. Life isn't black and white. Fucking brainlet. No wonder you like this flick.
>>
>>87753385
>i liked it because it was well made, written well which is a rarity in Hollywood now days

It's a British film. What's with you people thinking every English language film is Hollywood?
>>
>>87758288
he fucked her and cucked Isaac
>>
>>87758224
at least baby`s alive
Goose died like a fucking idiot #
how could you not expect that Kike stabbing you and then driving off whilst bleeding out to death

>>87758326
no he didnt he ded nigga
>>
>>87758299
wew
looks like you got hit below the belt lad
>>
>>87758335
he fucked his wife while he was in prison
>>
>>87758356
he`s still took care of his (wife- girlfriends` son and was going to if he didnt die
so ....
cuck
>>
>>87758288
Unlike Baby, Goose had legit autism. Baby was jus mt DUDE I'M So QUIRKY LMAO. Baby is the Zoey Deschannel of male characters.
>>
>>87758400
He's just a kid who wants to make music and watch Nascar, not do all this Michael Mann shit.
>>
>>87758348
Wew.
>If I pretend I won, no one will notice.
No more (you)s for you.
>>
>>87758400
Baby had legit trauma senpai
Goose is just a born degenerate cuckoo who bashes peoples faces in
even for a cuck he never had a chance with her after revealing your power level like that
JUST
>>
>>87758400
the wheel chair guy scenes with Baby being a quirky fuck had reason to be, nothing wrong with them.
>>
>>87758400
That's actually probably the most common personality type for people who have experienced that level of tragedy at a young age. It's like they're always trying to have fun because if they stop they get sucked into a black hole.
>>
>>87754219
uncle wasn't great
>>
this film just made me cringe
>>
>>87758446
not even him, my little beta pony
>>
>>87752412
Jon Bernthal should have came back and chased Baby around like a maniac instead of Hamm.
Would have been better to be honest.
>>
>>87752822
Yeah I listen to Apple earbuds 24/7 when I drive and always buy 4 large cups of coffee at my local Starbucks and say my name is Baby.
>>
>>87759132
>Jon Bernthal
Hamm is better
>>
>>87759247
Not as a lunatic chasing Baby.
Bernthal would have done it better and more believable if it was set up in his favor.
>>
>>87759132
Can't have one of the tribe as the bad guy, friend. It has to be a FUCKING WHITE MALE
>>
>>87759281
Bernthul wouldn't be good as a "lost the love of his life and wants revenge" type a guy, felt like Hamm nailed it there.
>>
>>87759323
I'm not saying Bernthal replacing Hamm's character, but Bernthal already had a problem with Baby.
Tweak the plot so he comes back and wants to kill Baby instead of Hamm after his woman gets shot.
>>
>>87759357
would you then remove Buddy and Darling or?
>>
>>87752412
>the action in sync with the playlist was entertaining for 15 minutes
>kevin spacey played a caricature of le typical bossman
>jamie foxx was bad
>zero chemistry between baby and debora
>the whole 'makes music out of conversations' was unnecessary not to mention the music was shit
>jon hamm's gf was shoehorned in to move the plot along, you could tell this is true by her lines. they were all complimentary lines (i.e. "you heard the man, i'm in, etc.. and just repeating things other characters said)
>didn't buy jon hamm's love for her (or sex for that matter)
>how in the fuck did jon hamm survive that cop shootout when she died?
>shouldve ended when he got sent to prison and not after we find out he served 5 years and got out to his girl waiting for him so that it could end on a happy note
>so many cliche "funny bits" like the shot of the old black womans reaction when her car gets jacked "what the fuck?" WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN IN EVERY COMEDY MOVIE?

Baby's entire backstory felt so forced too. I hate when writers feel like they have to make people care about their characters by giving them a sympathetic backstory. Would've been so much better if we didn't know about his parents let alone shown the same damn shot of them getting into an accident 3 times. Also deaf retard neighbor was unnecesarry and only served to further make you feel for ansel's character

only good thing was the driving prove me wrong
>>
>>87759292
>/pol/ gets triggered when a white protagonist and his white girlfriend fight a white guy now while coloreds are at the side lines
what
>>
>>87759357
Bernthal was a retard though. Hamm was an ex-stockbroker. The main villain is always intelligent even if he doesn't need to use it, it makes him seem more formidable. He knew all of Baby's songs too which made them seem more like equals in a way.
>>
I thought it was gonna more cartoonish especially the characters judging by how people talked about it.
>>
File: whiteprotagonist.jpg (204KB, 1681x591px) Image search: [Google]
whiteprotagonist.jpg
204KB, 1681x591px
>>87759466
>white protagonist
>>
>>87759545
His chracter is white, at least.
>>
>>87759545
you have to have a jew mother to be a jew. that's jewry 101
>>
>>87752412
idk i thought he did a good job.
>>
>>87759604
Yes, so the fact that he has a jewish father probably has nothing to do with his role as the male protagonist in one of the summer blockbuster movies. He doesn't have any connections in the tribe either.
>>
>>87759570
That is never specified. So the implication is that he's a mischling, just like the actor.
>>
>>87759673
oh he's definitely got jew hookups, but he's not a jew
>>
>>87759545
kek oh yeah he's the really shitty actor from the divergent series, and you have to be extra shit to stand out as shit in those movies
>>
>>87759701
His characters' parents are obviously not Jews otherwise they'd be flying in private jets or limos, not going on the highway like a gentile.
>>
>>87759701
his parents were white trash
>>
>The subaru was in the movie for like 10 minutes
>On the posters and box cover

Dropped.
>>
>>87759867
Poster deals aren't unheard of.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (123KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
123KB, 1920x1080px
>>87756061
>>
>>87757445
If you're implying that Showtime acquired the rights for tv version you're retarded and need to learn how to read. That article says that showtime acquired the rights to show the movie itself.
>>
>>87760104
I don't have a private jet, just a personal driver/bodyguard :/
>>
File: image.gif (37KB, 600x502px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
37KB, 600x502px
>>87760164
oh.
>>
The nigger was the stupidest character i've ever seen. Yeah lets go murder people and rob stores the night before a major bank robbery so every camera can get our faces.
>>
>>87752412
>the only problem i had with it was jamie foxx
You fuckers are bad at judging preformances, Foxx's diner conversation was the only notable thing about the movie.
>>
>>87752672
I guess with Spacey, he wasn't planning on dying so his actions weren't that out of character. Even the selfish assholes want to believe they are good. He realised he liked the kid and decided to help him. If he knew he was going to get shot and run over 4 or 5 times he probably wouldn't have helped them.
>>
>>87761370
Was still stupid that he gave all the money to the kid who just backstabbed him and fucked up his whole operation. Just the day before he was threatening to kill his gf.
Thread posts: 230
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.