[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Baby Driver Thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 6

File: Baby-Driver-Poster.jpg (149KB, 1111x600px) Image search: [Google]
Baby-Driver-Poster.jpg
149KB, 1111x600px
Baby Driver
Thoughts?
>>
read it
>>
>>87734283
kino
>>
>>87734283
babykino
>>
>>87734283
5/10
Disappointing
>>
gib debora gf
>>
over hyped edgar wright mediocre garbage with some good performances

It blows my mind how well recevied this movie was
>>
Fun action flick. One of the best movies of this year. Is it kino? Debatable. It does a unique thing with music, but it's not thought provoking and the script is a bit weak in the end. Still a well made movie with action scenes that are better than the capeshit movies that are full of pulled punches, thousand cuts a second and goons with guns that run up to the character only to be tossed aside. Anyone who calls it "mediocre garbage" is a movie noob who wants complicated plot lines in visual medium.
>>
>>87734384
this
>>
>>87734283
Bad but better than drive.
>>
it's like two movies in one

action/music scenes were awesome

the rest was crap
>>
>>87734418
>unique thing with music

having music blasting the entire movie isn't unique
>>
>>87734283
overrated shit
>>
>>87734283
meme movie.
mediocre action.
forced love relationship.
absurd ending.
>>
>>87734283

ez lyk sunday mooooorning
>>
>>87734426
>Bad but better than drive.

hahahahahahhahahhahaha
no
>>
>>87734384
not too mention it blantantly rip offs the music gimmick from guardians of the galaxy and no one seems to say anything about it
>>
>>87734441
The action scenes were timed with the music. Notice the gunshots being fired with the beat of the soundtrack, or other things being in sync like the car sounds, or dialogue. Unique for a movie anyway. Also the characterizations made with music. The way characters react to music, the reactions of the characters to the main character's tapes. It reveals a lot.
>>
>>87734532
How is using music in this way ripping off GotG?
>>
>>87734581
They were both extended music videos, Baby Driver was just better choreographed.
>>
File: z.jpg (18KB, 307x230px) Image search: [Google]
z.jpg
18KB, 307x230px
>first act
action scenes were good and characters are great and interesting, but then theres absolute mindblowing boredom, I am like screaming that we are 40 min in and I am about to kill myself if they try to show the goodie two shoes hero who met a girl any longer

>second act
still decent characters except baby, except strange decisions by supposedly professional crew, it got interesting and maybe headed for potential

>third act
oh fuck this shit go fuck yourself in the ass with a kaktus

>epilogue
die in pain you disney princes tier balls munchin faggots
>>
The music thing was atrocious, at least Quentin Tarantino picks good music,, the ones in BD was random trash. The baby driver is an autist who can't act, extremely puncheable face.
TRASH
>>
>>87734653
>I'm not used to these genres of music so it's trash
Let me guess, metal is it? Or dadrock? It's okay if you're familiar with the song amirite
>>
Just watched it last night, was surprised Spacey was a good guy
>>
I saw it, then watched it again the next day. Last movie I did that with was Sicario.

The driving scenes were great but the on-foot pursuit was one of the best chase scenes I've seen in a while. The way he changes his wardrobe and then gets caught again 2 seconds later. I really felt the desperation and tension in that scene, how there was nowhere to hide.
>>
>>87734739
It was surprising because it was out of character. One of the worst parts of the script. It should have been foreshadowed or something.
>>
>hahaha im gonna keep talking to you without breathing.
>Oh are you recording me how cute.
>I'm in love, lets run away from everything.
>>
It was trash. Hollywood needs to stop flooding their movies with music. The entire movie felt like one long awful music video fucking christ
>>
So we're all agreed that Buddy did nothing wrong, right?

Also I don't understand why Baby had to kill Bats when he did. Buddy and Darling had already agreed to kill him afterwards, and waiting until later wouldn't fuck up the job.
>>
>>87734771
It sorta was foreshadowed. He defended him against the crew, called him a good kid, spoke about his skills with reverence when he told the story. "That's my baby". You could tell he liked him the entire time, but he was also a crazy crime boss at the same time.
>>
>>87734739
>>87734771
>>87734874
well, he was in love once
>>
Solid action with cliched and unrealistic characters.
>>
>>87734283
Edgar Wright's best
>>
>>87734826
He trusted and tried to friend Baby. That was his mistake. Baby was a complete psycho.
>>
>>87734874
Maybe, but I still don't like how his sacrifice scene was executed. He had to tell Baby to run 3 fucking times while he continues to get shot. And Baby just fucking stands there looking like a dumbstruck loon while people are firing guns 10 feet away. It was too selfless for a crime boss of his caliber.
>>
>>87734771
This. While that threatening dialogue in the restaurant should be kept for the trailer, Baby should have at least convince him to truly let him go at some point.
>>
>>87734919
It seemed like he took good care of his nephew too, and his nephew seemed like a good kid albeit criminal. It was shown throughout the movie if you watch closely. He does care about some people but he also can't help but use them because it's his nature.
>>
>>87734426
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA9lfxbaHvk
here you go
>>
Villains were the best part.
>>
>>87734793
ya that was the point...the movies that influenced wright for this movie had the female love kinda have this attitude for the story
there are reasons for things in movies, you may not agree with them, but its stylistically designed to be that way and you can't undo that. But you can diminish the effects of it.
>>
>>87734973
There was nothing selfless about it. He had to kill those guys either way. His actions wouldn't have changed if Baby wasn't there. When he turned around and got shot he thought that guy was dead.
>>
>>87734987
>here is a video of why your opinion is wrong
no thanks I believe what I want not what others tell me
>>
File: bored.gif (115KB, 250x143px) Image search: [Google]
bored.gif
115KB, 250x143px
>>87734283
Boring as shit.
Skipped through half of the movie just to see if the penultimate scene was any good it wasn't
>>
>>87734826
Baby snapped. Throughout the whole movie he'd been watching his crews beat and kill people. Bats almost killed his girlfriend. He never signed up for any of that shit. And when Bats blew away the guard that was the final straw.
>>
>>87734928
shaun>scott=spaced>hot fuzz>baby driver>world's end>that western
>>
it was like some inside joke that we allow to watch
>>
>>87735063
Penultimate?
>>
Some people were bitching about how Jon Hamm stayed alive for 3 different final fight scenes because it was "unrealistic." I thought it was cool, it showed how much of a badass he was that he escaped from the cops 3 times. It doesn't seem any less realistic than Baby getting away as many times as he did.
>>87735062
The video is shit anyway. Low effort, low energy. You know he posts them here just to find the 3 people who share his opinion so he can get praised for it. Really sad. And I kind of agreed with him about La La Land.
>>
>>87735160
What is problem?
>>
>>87735190
Yeah I like that because of how Darling foreshadowed it, when Buddy sees red nothing gets in his way. During that scene you don't know if it's true because Bats seemed to be the real force of nature but it turned out she wasn't kidding at all.
>>
>>87735190
>the three people sharing his opinion, so sad
> including me btw
you played yourself
>>
>>87734987
>still spamming this shit video
>>
>>87734771
>>87734980
brainlets detected
>>
Why do people act like Buddy dindu nuffin? He was a cop killer, would have killed Debora who was innocent, and was a drug-addicted degenerate psychopath.

Yeah he was nice to Baby, but it was clearly out of pity. He acted like the cool kid that was nice to the special ed students. The only one that truly respected Baby was Doc.
>>
>>87734532
>Guardians of the Galaxy invented having music in a movie
>>
>>87735308
>still shilling this shit film
>>
>>87735451
I just watched it two days ago
Reported you btw
>>
How shit is this board when this movie is considered even one of the best of this year.

This is one of the most poorly written movies I've seen. Literally all it has going for it is the music gimmick and the car scenes which are forgettable.
>>
>87735515
>this movie is considered even one of the best of this year.
Nah it's just PR interns shilling
>>
>>87734987
weapons-grade autism
>>
>>87735424
>Why do people act like Buddy dindu nuffin?
He deserved vengeance.
>He was a cop killer, would have killed Debora who was innocent
fuck cops, fuck Debora
>and was a drug-addicted degenerate psychopath
spoken like someone who has never enjoyed the sweet sweet numbness of cocaine
>>
>>87735643
I used to sell it actually. It was one hard habit to break and every once in a while I can still taste it like a just did a line. But I was never such a piece of shit to let it turn me into a two-bit bank robber just to support my habit.

They were all scumbags and Baby didn't like a single one of them, including Buddy.
>>
>>87735491
same to you edgar
>>
File: 1505358181457.gif (940KB, 200x317px) Image search: [Google]
1505358181457.gif
940KB, 200x317px
>>87734441
Everything was filmed to the beat of songs, crew had to wear synchronised iPods during filming to make sure everything was coordinated

Song lyrics worked as a second layer of dialogue during a lot of scenes, a really obvious example:
Buddy takes Babys earphones near the end at the Diner, the song starts
>going "never ever gonna give you up....never ever gonna stop
While Buddy looks at Baby. This is the most low-grab brainlet example, it was a lot more subtle for most the movie

Call the film bad, but you can't deny it was directed in a very unique way
>>
We can all agree the action scenes were top-notch, right?
>>
Can lanklets really do parkour like that? I thought they were all awkward and shit?
>>
>>87735917
>Song lyrics worked as a second layer of dialogue during a lot of scenes
No it overwhelmed the film and took away from the plot. Movie was total shit because of it
>>
>>87736056
Yeah. I don't really feel like the west has good action movies in general though. They're so bland and safe. Even a movie like John Wick 2 has retarded faceless goons who are basically useless. It does it with a lot more style than other action movies but I just don't like how our heroes are unstoppable, untouchable, perfectly choreographed fighters who almost never make mistakes.
>>
>>87736144
Both observations aren't really mutually exclusive.
>>
>>87736144
Well thats your opinion, I really appreciated that aspect of the movie. My issue with it was the pacing
>>
>>87736269
I appreciate John Wick a lot because the fight scenes are different from the post-Bourne Identity shit that you always see. I love all the different judo throws and how the movie has a huge emphasis on proper firearm technique and authentic martial arts. It's fun to watch.

Both movies are style over substance but they never pretended to be anything else.
>>
>>87734612
no
>>
>>87736397
Yeah the grappling in John Wick movies are very cool and unique. I've said it before but in a visual medium, style is substance. We like these movies because they are visually interesting and unique, not because of the flawless script and plot lines that have been basically the same story told bajillions of times since the dawn of man.
>>
>>87734283
Go back
>>
Pretty badly overwritten cliche filled mess that goes on for 30 minutes too long.
And Jamie Foxx playing Jamie Foxx.
And Kevin Spacey playing Kevin Spacey.
>>
>>87735643
18+
>>
I thought Bats' death scene was one of the most satisfying death scenes I've seen in a long time. Baby takes a gun buck to the face without flinching and then fucking pwns the guy so hard.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.