[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do Americans care about this movie about a fucking clown

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: it_stephenking.jpg (84KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
it_stephenking.jpg
84KB, 670x377px
Why do Americans care about this movie about a fucking clown so much
I don't get it
>>
Kids think clowns are scary
>>
>>87674600
Why does OP obsess so much over what foreigners are doing?
>>
>>87674600
America just got dissolved, thanks jerk.
>>
>>87674600
Probably the same reason britcucks have been rehashing Dr Who for decades.
>>
>>87674600
You don't get it or you don't get It?
>>
>>87674743
cause of 50 threads on /tv/ and I wonder cause it is not like that for every other movie
and I assume those are Americans cause nobody outside of America knows who the fuck Stefan King is
>>
>>87674600
big part of my childhood
>>
File: 1505103542321.gif (996KB, 150x148px) Image search: [Google]
1505103542321.gif
996KB, 150x148px
>>87674600
What's that? I couldn't hear you over the sound of your country being too poor to make movies.
>>
>>87674759
Stephen King's books make more sense than Doctor Who and most of the latter's writers weren't even doing mountains of coke.
>>
>>87674600
Its a coming of age story, guest starring Nyarlathotep.
>>
>>87674697
>#NOTALLCLOWNS
It's easy to draw this conclusion if all you see is the media representation. I'm American, and most of the media here is an absolute joke.
>>
>>87674784
>it is not like that for every other movie
It happens for other movies all the time. Lurk more.
>>
This movie managed to make me care about clowns even less. I never could quite understand the fear of clowns, and It just makes me more confused.

The Joker will probably be the only legit scary clown in fiction, and that's only from The Dark Knight.
>>
File: maxresdefault-1.jpg (124KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-1.jpg
124KB, 1920x1080px
>>87674784
Almost everyone over the age of 30 in the first world who isn't from a cloistered community knows at least Carrie and The Shining, and thus King.
>>
>>87674600
I am pretty sure it is just some 30-40 aged white men desperately wanting to feel like they did when they saw this POS film back in the 90s or 80s, i have no fuckin idea when it came out cuz honestly who the fuck would care about this but fucking losers. Stephen King is a fucking hack. He is only famous/relevant because he is a filthy jew.
>>
>>87674784
it happens all of the time. you seem indoctrinated by your government about the world outside of yours
>>
>>87674889
Fuck white people.
>>
>>87674800
well making this kind of garbage is really just a matter of money
>>
>>87674881
read shining because of the movie, what a fucking disappointment it was. still can't imagine who the fuck honestly likes this guy. unless you're a dumbass kid of course.
>>
>>87674600
Why do shitskins like you care so much about what americans do? It was kino by the way
>>
>>87674867
Also never got clown fear. It's fucking nothing. It's like being scared of a mall Santa. I assume anyone who says they're actually afraid of them is just trying to be special
>>
>>87675442
already explained
>cause of 50 threads on /tv/
getting worse than the fucking sneed meme, ridiculous
>>
>>87675639
>>cause of 50 threads on /tv/
Because a extremely popular and successful movie was released. Almost all those threads are 6 or 7 guys contrarianing and samefagging
>>
>>87674800

that boy is handsome
>>
>>87675695
>Almost all those threads are 6 or 7 guys contrarianing and samefagging
yeah, exactly that's what makes it so irritating
>>
>>87674726
>clowns are scary

stop with that meme it's just a dude with red nose and big shoes
>>
>>87675756
idk never heard of anyone who likes them
>>
>>87675756
>children's fears are rational

Anon pls
>>
>>87675819
Not liking them is one thing, they're chronically unfunny, but that doesn't translate to fear
>>
Why are you concern trolling? People find clowns that try to murder you and haunt you even when others can't see him to be scary.
>>
>>87675821
>fears are rational
>>
>>87675311
His stories themselves aren't scary, parts of them are.

The problem is that he has a huge megafuck boner for Lovecraft and he thinks addiction and rehab are the scariest things of all, and he also can't stick to the story and needs to go into the backstory of twenty different dead people at random to explain the same thing over and over.

But they make good fodder for a good director to adapt something from.

Honestly, Needful Things and Pet Cemetery were probably the best books.
>>
>>87675857

Here's a good video that explains it pretty well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzMrXxd59fo

The best explanation is honestly this.

1) Their makeup is in the uncanny valley, and there's a very wide range of people who find things creepy. Look at all the people who find Polar Express scary because they feel the faces aren't expressive enough.
2) There's a cultural trend. Most real life professional clowns were poor lonely men, and most people are naturally unnerved by the implications which are intrinsically married.
>>
File: 1501914707841.jpg (28KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1501914707841.jpg
28KB, 500x280px
I suggest you get off an American website if you care so much about what American's like to discuss
>>
Male clowns are creepy and/or irritating, female clowns are cute and/or sexy.

Therefor the fear of clowns is connected to the fear of foreign races.

Deep down you want to kill the clown men with your superior technology, then fuck the clown women and force them to learn your people's language and labor on your colonial plantation. Then have your great great great great grandchildren own them in football.
>>
>>87676195
Are you a god?
>>
no one has posted this yet?

clowns = pedos

JWG??? original pedo clown who killed lots of little boys
>>
>>87674784
even my grandparents know who stephen king is and im not american
>>
>>87674600
america is a nation of children and children of scared of clowns

LITERALLY just a fucking hobo in face paint
>>
>>87676288
Egon recommends I say yes.
>>
>>87674600
Americans are a generally unintelligent audience.
They believe Stephen King is a genius author, and whenever something written by him comes out, it's like the second coming of Christ.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.