[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Racial Minorities in Film/TV

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_1779.jpg (125KB, 937x1171px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1779.jpg
125KB, 937x1171px
For any minorities browsing, do you feel your race is under represented/over represented? How do you feel about "diversity" in Hollywood?
>>
>>87672230
I am a nigger. We need more niggers in film. Every film should be at least 75% black with the remaining parts going to white women.
>>
No one likes looking at niggers when we have to see enough of them in real life.
>>
>>87672230
God I want lick those thighs
>>
>>87672230
It's not about the quantity of roles as much as it is about the quality of roles. Most minorities don't get good leading parts. And when they do, it's because their race is a big factor in the movie/show.
>>
>>87672230
poojeet here
yeah we're hella underrepresented but i dont give a fuck, ive never felt like something is 'missing', I don't need to see different colored people on screen
>>
I don't really care as long as the characters movies and tv shows have meaning
>>
>>87672316
No one wants to see you stinky ugly weirdos on TV anyways

Pajeets are unintentionally hilarious irl anyways
>>
>>87672271
Pretty much this
>>
Mexican here. I feel slightly under represented though I think this has changed in the last couple of years. But all in all I really don't care, if a movie or tv show doesn't have latinos I don't care and if they do I'm not going to watch it just because of it.
>>
>>87672316
I'm Mexican and I think the se way, that pandering bullshit is a white people thing

This
>>87672392
>>
>>87672230
>do you feel your race is under represented
Yes. Do I feel bad about it? No.
>How do you feel about "diversity" in Hollywood?
I commend the efforts they've taken to make it feel more inclusive but let's not pretend their attempt at diversity is anything but a business decision.
Hollywood is a cesspool of vice and corruption.
>>
>>87672230
As a white man I feel underrepresented in Bollywood films
>>
File: Anushka_Sharma_2015.jpg (119KB, 286x403px) Image search: [Google]
Anushka_Sharma_2015.jpg
119KB, 286x403px
>>87672558
It's funny you say that because they always have the lightest actors they can possibly find.
>>
>>87672230
who is she
>>
It's annoying when it's obviously forced.

The best thing for me is seeing all the white nerds getting butthurt on the internet
>>
>>87672484
all the actor they put in to fill the diversity quote is like an insult to the actor and the race they represent..

I rather have Micheal bay fill all the extras with hot college age chicks.
>>
>>87672230
Latinos are more underrepresented than nogs or azns and you don't see us starting shit. I don't give a fuck if they actors are white, gay, nigger, or gook, just don't give me some Lena Dunham looking beast and expect me to watch.
>>
>>87672699
AJ Love
>>
>>87672230
Needs more asians desu - southeast asian, east asian, mongol, hapa, etc.
t. r/asianmasculinity
>>
>>87672431
>>87672443
>>87672909
The Latinx are white tho
>>
>>87672230
We need to racially segregate so that this is not an issue.
>>
>>87672808
>The best thing for me is seeing all the white nerds getting butthurt on the internet
This. When the Force Awakens trailer came out it was like christmas.
>>
We need less niggers are more feisty latina mamacitas
>>
>>87672230
I'm black. My race is way too represented, especially when majority black shows have existed in the past.
Diversity is gay.
>>
>>87672431
The Mexican guy in rogue one was a good example of diverse casting. That's all I can think of.
>>
File: ChiSG.jpg (176KB, 648x864px) Image search: [Google]
ChiSG.jpg
176KB, 648x864px
>>87672947
>Latinx

STOP
>>
>>87673010
This
>>
>be native american
>never see any other natives
>forget like 99% of my race is a piece of shit

last time I remember seeing a native dude was in Suicide Squad, he was there for a total of 5 minutes before having his head exploded.
>>
>>87672947
I'm 1/8 nigger and allegedly also Amerind but who the fuck really knows.
>>
>>87673046
At least you have Turok
>>
>>87672963
yeah i love bad movies
>>
File: scalpedtitle.gif (65KB, 250x375px) Image search: [Google]
scalpedtitle.gif
65KB, 250x375px
>>87673046
A tv series will be made
>>
>>87673023
Diego Luna in SW is one of the most notable examples but he has also been in other stuff, same with Gael Bernal, Damien Bichir, and a few other lesser names. Though I prefer to see mexicans like Del Toro, el chivo, Cuaron who get work because they're actually good at their craft.
>>
File: jojo2hol-5.png (13KB, 384x224px) Image search: [Google]
jojo2hol-5.png
13KB, 384x224px
>>87672230
I'm black, I kinda miss the comfy days of having a black sidekick all the time, now we take the spotlight and people is getting pissed and jelly. Why can't we go back in time?

Still, it feels good to see the female white protagonists getting BLACKED
>>
I'm Pacific Islander. We have Moana/Jason Momoa/The Rock, so that's rad. I'm glad ethnic minorities have more opportunities in Hollywood these days but hamfisted diversity is retarded. It makes people jaded. The thing I hate the most is rewriting white characters to be black instead of just making new black characters.
>>
>>87673114
cmon bruh we both know it's going to be shit. can yall just let me and my people die in peace. fuck.
>>
>>87673252
Dwayne Johnson is black.
>>
>>87673252
This, but The Rocky is half black
>>
>>87673308
>>87673324
I know but he's got some Poly and he was in Moana so I count him lol.
>>
>>87673027
moar
>>
>>87673027
Is it easy to fuck schoolgirls in latin america?asking for a friend
>>
>>87672230
>do you feel your race is under represented/over represented?
neither, i never thought of hollywood filmmaking as being the the absolute 'looking glass' of culture
the united states is not homogenous, and every region has media that reflects the demographics of the area.

>How do you feel about "diversity" in Hollywood?
i don't care.

i don't abide by bullshit ethnic pride, but what is a total tragedy to me is that 'my people' to an extent pine and moan about how hollywood movies don't 'represent' them in a way they'd like to be represented. It's completely vain and means jack shit as 'hollywood' could easily represent you and/or the group you identify with in the exact manner you'd like. But guess what; the second hollywood does that for you, they own you.

Funnily enough, this is also what makes white nationalists/racists so stupid as well, since 'representation' here amounts to a meaningless favor that doesn't actually do shit for any of the millions of people who are completely excluded from the filmmaking process that are now 'represented', the irony here being that they feel so threatened when it's only a consolidation of power, after all, who chooses who gets put in movies? Putting a ___-race person in a role is a cheap appeasement that doesn't actually change anything for anyone but that actor who got that paycheck.

This whole representation thing is completely an offshoot of the spread and social dominance of social media and the awareness it gives people of how much power they don't have.

"Minorities" aren't represented in Hollywood because Hollywood movies aren't made by minorities. Simple as that.
>>
File: 1275054243708106394_28896244.jpg (101KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1275054243708106394_28896244.jpg
101KB, 1080x1080px
>>87673473
Age of consent is 16, just don't be a fucking creep an the rest is easy.
>>
>>87672230
i'd rather look at and insert myself into a white person's shoes than some nigger
>>
>>87672230
>niggers
>a racial minority when theres billions of them in the world

yea nah you're a cunt and you dont know what words mean
>>
films with minorities usually bomb
>>
>>87673605
>the world
>in a thread about hollywood
anon pls
>>
File: rush hour.jpg (102KB, 1026x573px) Image search: [Google]
rush hour.jpg
102KB, 1026x573px
>>87673614
what about Rush Hour?
>>
File: but china hates shitskins.jpg (111KB, 804x802px) Image search: [Google]
but china hates shitskins.jpg
111KB, 804x802px
>>87673614
when will /tv/ learn?
>>
>>87672230
I'm Asian and I want to see more White people. Fuck niggers
>>
Only in adaptations. Iron Fist, for example, was a shit show but I'm glad they didn't pander. If it's for a role that doesn't specify a certain race should it go to an actor Tha that has the skill for it. I'm half bean and half native so if I wanted to watch a film that had representation for either then I'd watch a movie that centers around either culture.
>>
>>87672230
Spic calling in here, I'm kind of sick of latinos being relegated to either being cholos, drug dealers, or sidekicks. I like the old Latin lover trope, I'd like to see white girls get BEANED instead of BLACKED.
In all seriousness, however, I do wish they'd allow hispanic leads in American English productions. The USA Latino film industry is garbage, they're pretty much just soap operas on the silver screen
>inb4 South American cinema
Believe it or not, being Hispanic American is an entirely different culture than being just Hispanic.
>>
>>87673502
To be clear:
This obsession with media representation is bad because it gives media MORE power, which is exactly what these people should be fighting AGAINST; the ability of those with access to mass media to play with perspective.

Luckily, actual minorities don't actually care about any of this, they're too busy living their lives to worry about whether or not they are 'represented' in some hollywood movie designed to offend the least amount of people possible.

This, (like a lot of media shenanigans) is simply a loud subsection of society getting their signal heard because everyone else is, again, too busy living life to be obsessing over this kind of thing on the internet. From what I have seen, among latin americans its the liberal educated chicanos born here who worry about this shit.

anyone who feels the artistic impulse to make or be in films should go for it, but this effort for cultural acceptance can only achieve the opposite of what it strives for
>>
>>87673046
This. I went to South Dakota to visit family during the summer and the reservations are complete shit.
>>
>>87672230
Yes but I don't care
We're kind of rare on the big screen, it's of little importance though. Everytime I see one of us "represented" in a movie, as part of the protagonists team they come off as being really phony

The bad guys are usually more like our race so that's who we relate to. It doesn't matter if he's not brown either (it's not like we have a choice). Their backstory, personalities and circumstances is alot like ours so we root for him. He becomes our dude

This is the way it's always been and I don't get butthurt over it.. not exactly
I mean besides the fact the bad guy never wins, when they do manage to put a hisp on film and they kill him off early it's kind of annoying but it all depends on how he dies. If they put alot of effort into his death, like production wise then it's okay. It just has to be cool like he's about to kill the hero or he momentarily holds the story hostage by threatening to do something devastating, shit like that
>>
>>87672947
>Latinx
gringo shit
>>
>>87673198
It must be funny seeing people get so triggered over interracial relationships
>>
>>87673949
>We're
the indoctrination hit you hard, anon. wtf
>>
The movies are so bad I'd rather not be represented and let whites eat their own dog shit.
>>
>>87674675
Yeah, I mean just look at Zoe Saldana and all those blackies getting mad.
>>
File: 1479933969135.png (45KB, 778x512px) Image search: [Google]
1479933969135.png
45KB, 778x512px
>>87672230
giv black gf
>>
Asian, yes.
But there aren't really good roles for us that can just be replaced by a white guy.

Diversity is okay, the only thing that is annoying is when people shove political agendas down your throat, moreso when they do it so explicitly.
>>
File: Rafael_Barba[1].jpg (409KB, 2299x1641px) Image search: [Google]
Rafael_Barba[1].jpg
409KB, 2299x1641px
>>87673866
For what it's worth, my favorite DA in Law and Order history, right next to Jack McCoy, is Raúl Esparza. He was also great in Hannibal.
>>
>>87672909
Yeah but all Latino/Mexicans are the same fucking character in every movie. I'm not some retarded taco fag or a tough as nails lesbo dyke, just make a normal guy that so happens to look Latino.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.