[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this show any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

Is this show any good?
>>
>>87671956
very.
>>
Kino
>>
lindelof hackery
>>
its on the same level as bojack horseman
>>
the cinematography is wasted on it
>>
>>87671956
I'm currently on season 1. I considered dropping it because the only character I cared about was the cop. But the third episode is one of the greatest things I've seen on television. So I decided to keep going.
>>
>>87672518
you mean the first matt episode that's completely and totally predictable?
>>
>>87672542
When he wins on red the third time, it's just so satisfying
>>
>>87672635
but you know hes going to lose it all and his church because the show already establishes a clear pattern of shitting on everyone constantly.
>>
>>87672518
You should keep on going.
Kevin & Matt are really what the show is all about.
I also wasnt really had hopes for this show, but somewhere in mid season 2 it started to really be top notch, not to mention season 3 which every episode in it is perfect.
>>
>>87671956
2 words
International Assassin
>>
>>87672983
nah, kevin and matt just get the most screen time and plot abuse.

The first season is all about strained metaphors for stages of grief, but lindelof didn't understand any of that, so once the book is done he just made Lost-redux with jack and john
>>
Margaret Qualley can't act.
>>
>>87673084
Nora gets more screen time then Matt.
>>
>>87671956
Its very good. (((Diversity))) creeps in in the season 2 tho
>>
>>87671956
On the outside its look like a Lost/Fringe type of show.
but when you get deeper in you will see its more Six Feet Under/Angels in America type.
>>
it's shit
shit writing, shit directing, shit acting

but it's pseudo-intellectual enough to have all the half-wits and retards flock to it
>>
File: 1502592951790.jpg (39KB, 670x588px) Image search: [Google]
1502592951790.jpg
39KB, 670x588px
>>87673330
>>
>>87673649
what another terrible leftie meme. you guys can't even admit that you fight for the status quo of jew bankers
>>
>>87672486
So Reddit tier garbage?
>>
>>87671956
It isn't.
>>87672518
It's the best in the series. It is literally the only episode where character motivation is clear and things move forward.

The series is full of things put there to make people go "whoa, thats, like, so deep, man", but are never, ever, resolved. Magic Wayne, Grampa's voices, Lauries turn to the Guilty Remnants, the dog guy, and that's just the first season.

Characters turn heel-face with no explanation whatsoever. "It's a show about grief, lmao", so lazily written to appeal to emotion-hungry audiences that you simply have to turn off your brain to watch it, otherwise frustration at the screen is the only emotion you'll get.

Do yourself a favor, OP, and stop watching this. You've already seen the best this fuckfest has to offer.
>>
>>87672983
The season 3 Matt episode is probably the best episodes in the series. I didn't like Matt at first but he's really one of the best characters in the series.
>>
>>87675126
>reddit spacing
>shit opinion
kill yourself
>>
File: 1499213279977.jpg (43KB, 688x456px) Image search: [Google]
1499213279977.jpg
43KB, 688x456px
>>87673690
Isn't even a lefties meme u retard, drumpftards, cuckservatives, kekeistanis, eunuchs etc etc all deserve to be mocked
>>
>>87675126
>Magic Wayne
scammer
>Grampa's voices
mentally ill
>Lauries turn to the Guilty Remnants
she lost a baby from her fucking womb
>the dog guy
mentally ill

are you pretending to be retarded?
>>
fantastic show, not for everyone
its funny how triggered some faggots get about it here around it, because they think its some "2deep4u" even though the show is rather simplistic, and while it may require a tiny more thinking than most trash on TV, it's not exactly rocket science to figure out what happened.

plus, the whole show is written in a way that you can "choose your own explanation" - you are free to believe that everything the characters thought was real, and that Kevin was jesus, that he was able to cross over, that he was immortal.

you are also free to believe that it was a mix of depression and group delusion and blind luck. My favorite thing about the show is the way the focus slowly shifts from the departure onto Kevin and his antics, which were all present before the departure even happened.
>>
>>87675448
>plus, the whole show is written in a way that you can "choose your own explanation"
yeah untill the last episode
>>
>>87671956

it's a soapie style chick drama. if you're interested in the mystery then you'll be disappointed it's all about relationship dramas and their feelings and how they reacted to the event and whether she'll go back to him or not and soapie stuff like that.
>>
>>87675126
I honestly wonder if it is an age thing.
At some point, many thing that were essential to you just fade way, and ten years later you're wondering "what ever happened to this guy?", even if the guy was the most important thing in your life at that point.
Everyone have given up on a lot of threads, it doesn't bother me they give up on Wayne, Granpa, Gr etc. because all those things stop mattering for the character.
>>
I didn't really like the first episode, should I continue watching?
>>
File: em.jpg (358KB, 1500x999px) Image search: [Google]
em.jpg
358KB, 1500x999px
>>87671956
It has its moments.
>>
>>87671956
better than The Sopranos (couldnt get past the boring first episode) and better than the last 3 seasons of LOST, and all seasons of ... THIS IS REAL DRAMA OF THE HIGHEST KIND
>>
>>87675547
Like Twin Peaks?
>>
>>87671956
I rate this and Hannibal the best looking Tv series of this decade.
It's beautifully shot.
>>
File: 1366699026824.jpg (40KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1366699026824.jpg
40KB, 500x667px
>>87671956
all build up with no pay off.
>>
>>87671956
The best show since The Sopranos
>>
>>87672542
Matt is /ourguy/
>>
>>87671956
if you're into euphoric tv shows and movies like The OA or The Man From Earth, sure.
>>
>>87673649
>conservative
>celebrity worship
>mainstream media
Why is the lefty memes absolutely trash? I thought they had all of the creative comedian types.
>>
Lindeloff is a fucking hack.

If you want to see a lot of interesting set-ups that don't pay off go ahead and watch it.
>>
Its really good, looks really nice and has well used musical score
>>
is that shitty poster a reference to that nirvana album
>>
>>87680521
18+
>>
>>87675547
what mystery on tv has not disappointed? the point is that its something you cant explain and how something like that would fuck people up.
>>
>>87671956
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHNz0D50EDw

you tell me
>>
>when it's one of those "just force your way through the first 10 hours. It gets good after that shows
>>
Only season 1/2
>>
>>87671956

on the fence about the finale. i guess it work if you want it to, if you work with it. better than the finale of Lost of course but... just like it, the series does not operate following an exquisitely sophisticated master plan that will tie up every loose end and address every plot elements that were mentioned through the seasons. if you are ok with this you will be ok with the show.
>>
>>87675250
>haha he writes with paragraphs, so Reddit!
>>
>>87681408
3 was still good, just be thankful it got cancelled, I don't think I could take watching the leftovers drag out and go downhill.
>>
>>87676205
yes, i hated the first episode but persevered and it's now my favourite show
>>
>>87671956
So so to me, season 2 was great btw.
>>
>>87672542
You leave Matt alone
>>
>>87671956
It's odd. I'd say post season 1 it's better, I hated and loved the ending and the wife. But, it didn't matter I still loved it.
>>
>>87681357
Its an odd show where the pilot is basically the worst episode
It was so fucking edgy and they had not found out how to use the awesome soundtrack at all
>That game the teenagers play where fucking burning yourself or fucking someone is just a casual option
>All the retarded teenage shit
>They play the departure theme for no fucking reason on relatively mundane scenes
Once you fall in love with Kevin Garvey freaking the fuck out and enjoy a solid Matt episode it gets good
>>
>>87671956
The first season was this beautiful exploration of grief and psychosis. There was this mystery to the world and its characters. The second season moved in another direction, but still explored similar themes from the first. The second season faltered when they tried to jump around to different storylines. What was seamless and alluring in season 1, was plodding and distracting in season 2. Season 3 had good moments, but they removed any sense of urgency from the narrative. Where previously you had a menacing cult and an unhinged firefighter, this time around you have a crazy old man's prophecy of an apocalypse. It starts strong, but the end game becomes apparent fairly quickly and things are just kind of Peter off into a "mysterious" ending that could be interpreted different ways. Really though it was just poor writing and the ambiguity is meant to compensate for that.

I loved it, but it let me down.
>>
>>87673131
You hush your mouth! She is an angel.
>>
>>87677463
hng!
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.