[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

movies that are better than their books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 9

File: golaya-zhenshina-s-tsenzuroy-13.jpg (153KB, 728x1096px) Image search: [Google]
golaya-zhenshina-s-tsenzuroy-13.jpg
153KB, 728x1096px
what movies do you think are better than their books??
>>
>>87670298
But the movie cut out the ending of the book which was way better than what the movie ended on.
>>
The Shawshank Redemption
The Shining

>>87670337
I think the ending of the movie is much better and is more coherent with the rest of the film
>>
The Exorcist is one of my favorite movies of all time. Stop reminding me I should get around to reading the book.

also: I picked up Jaws for like 5 cents a few weeks back. Is that worth reading? The movie is obviously fantastic.
>>
File: riverblood.jpg (48KB, 784x588px) Image search: [Google]
riverblood.jpg
48KB, 784x588px
>>87670593
>The Shining
This to me is the scariest horror movie ever created. It's also an absolute piece of art.

>No jump scares
>Super chilling atmosphere
>Perfect sound design such as when we see the blood first time flowing down the hall
>The way the editor cuts from the naked old woman to Danny drooling makes the scene for some reason even more creepy because we not only are seeing a horrifying ghost but an innocent child who's stuck in this hotel
>Ending is supreme to book: no happy ending and all the answers are not given to us
>>
File: mehu22213.png (9KB, 180x32px) Image search: [Google]
mehu22213.png
9KB, 180x32px
>>87670728
>>No jump scares
>>
File: The-Time-Machine-2002.jpg (471KB, 667x950px) Image search: [Google]
The-Time-Machine-2002.jpg
471KB, 667x950px
>Gives the main character more motivation to begin time travelling by creating a backstory where his fiance is murdered and so he tries to go back in time to save her but she keeps ending up dying in different ways
>He then journeys into future to try and find a reason why he cannot change the past
>>
>>87670791
The Shining has no sudden loud noise with a quick flash that makes you jump.

When Danny sees the 2 ghost twins, there may be a quick flash but there isn't any sudden loud noise but rather a low humming sound that very well adds to the atmosphere and makes you feel nervous.
>>
File: Shelly.jpg (20KB, 233x208px) Image search: [Google]
Shelly.jpg
20KB, 233x208px
>>87670728
Saw the last thirty minutes when I was twelve, the redrum scene, the bear blowjob and the party guest scared the absolute fuck out of me. I have probably seen it at least 50 times in my life now.
>>
File: 1498697577956.png (431KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1498697577956.png
431KB, 640x480px
Tom Cruise in War of the Worlds without a doubt is better than the book.

I like how he plays a single father who is trying to build his relationship back with his son and daughter (more so with his son) and the decision to include the Tripod right near the start instead of making it a UFO space craft made it way more chilling (if I remember correctly the Tripod in the book appears halfway through the book when the main character is travelling alone in the country after he sends his wife off to live with his cousins or her cousins and then a Tripod appears out of nowhere).

The scene when he is stuck with that guy in the house is straight out of the book btw and I like how they made Cruise's character have to kill him. It's one of my fav scenes from the movie and don't understand why some don't like it.
>>
>>87670950
Shelly is one of the only females in a horror movie where I really feel so bad for her and want to hold and comfort her
>>
>>87670298
The Hours.
>>
>>87670728
So fucking over rated.
>>
>>87672665
It wasn't at the time. Took a decade or two before people considered it a master piece if that changes your opinion at all
>>
>>87670964
This.

I didn't care for the last two minutes of the film, but everything else was alien kino.
>>
LOTR. Not saying the books are bad, but I couldn't get into them. Not for me. Love the films though.
>>
Any Steven King adaptations.
>>
The Godfather series
Misery
Jackie Brown
Fight Club
True Grit from Coen Bros
There Will Be Blood
Gone Girl
The Painted Veil
The Bourne flicks
Silence
The Remains of the Day
Master and Commander
NCfoM and LotR are at least tied
Most Kubrick films

Idk, these are only off of a quick perusal of my bookshelf. Books are usually better since it's tough to translate the written word to a visual medium like film, but it does happen. I also didn't include shows or capeshit for this.
>>
File: Maximum-Overdrive-Poster.jpg (576KB, 1160x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Maximum-Overdrive-Poster.jpg
576KB, 1160x1600px
>>87673102
even this???
>>
>>87673195
>implying this isn't pure kino
>>
File: images.jpg (23KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
23KB, 300x450px
>>87670298
Although in this case, the movie wasn't adapting the book. It was very very loosely based on a short story, and then the book was written at the same time as the movie was being made.
Kubrick seems to be the master of making the movie better than the book.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.