[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1

File: 22four600.1.jpg (41KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
22four600.1.jpg
41KB, 600x300px
King Kino or King Shit?
>>
>>87668732
my father liked it a lot. so yes i would say so, even though ive never seen it.
>>
>>87668732
Its the very best.
Its like a one room silent hill.
>>
Saw it once after renting it from Blockbusters and I still remember some scenes, so it must have done something right
>>
>>87668732
One of the best King movie adaptations.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aklGQ8fyAS4
>>
Thought it was Identity before I read the title.
Identity was great.
>>
>>87669824
Identity was the worst, still fun though.
>>
>>87668732
Damn good film.
>I WAS OUT! I WAS OUT!
>>
>>87669561
Wasnt there a silent hill that took place in a room?
>>
that ending is a beast
>>
The cinematic release ending was amazing, the directors cut which is the only version you can find now, is absolutely shit.
>>
>>87670005
Part 4!!!FACT!!!
>>
>>87668732
It's a great move and people who hate it are mentally deficient
>>
Very enjoyable. Not scary, but it has great atmosphere and sound design. Love me some Cusack.

>>87670102
The theatrical ending is the one where he survives, right?
Yeah, the directors cut one is fucking retarded.
>>
>>87668732

I unironically think it's one of Cusack's best performances.
>>
I didn't like situations where the room had supernatural power outside of the actual room itself. Also the part near the end was fucking shitty, where it seems he escapes and goes on to live his life for like weeks or months or something? And then it turned out to all be a "dream!" and the world melts away and he's back in the room.

Otherwise though it was decent.
>>
>>87670598
That was the director's cut. In the theatrical he goes on living. He and his wife are on good terms again. They're apparently packing up to move somewhere, and she finds a box of his old shit, including the tape recorder he had with him. He takes out the tape recorder, examines it a moment, and then plays it. He skips around and finds the moment where the room gave his daughter to him. His wife drops everything she's doing and looks at him in disbelief, and he just stares back at her.
>>
Someone find me a torrent of the theatrical cut because I just grabbed 3 and they're all the DC.
I've never seen the former.
>>
>>87670891
>>87670598
The cut I've seen had both of those. The first time he gets out it was all a dream and the second time is real which is the happy ending. This is when the wife finds the tape recorder with the proof of the supernatural.
>>
So why is The Mist's downer ending good but 1408's DC ending bad?
>>87671972
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dsd-_4V0FUk
>>
>>87670891
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXSdZLLQEpA
>>
>>87672306
That's definitely the theatrical ending. But wikipedia lists it as both the theatrical, and alternate.
>>
>>87672405
I guess it's known as alternate now because the Director's Cut is seen as the "true vision" of the film.
At least it's not the Butterfly Effect, that has 4 different endings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeV0MvU1Uhs
>>
I always thought it was some shit flick, then one day I caught the first 20 min of it on TV, had to go to work, came home and downloaded it and watched it that night.
It was fucking great and I don't get how it's so underrated.
There's a lot of genuinely creepy scenes, definitely better than all the generic jump scare movies that come out.
>>
>>87668732
Underrated in the actual sense of the word.
Very good one room film.
>>
>>87668732
John Cusackino
>>
>>87668732
it's my favorite king adaptation
>>
Only ending I've seen is the one with him escaping and finding the box with the tape in it.
>>
>>87668732
why does this movie get a different ending in different countries

whenever i see people talking about tihs movie I ask myself "are the talking about the theatrical version, or that version, or that other one, or maybe it's the oooother one" like what the fuck
>>
>>87672444
1408 does have 4 endings. Intentionally, and different distributions and broadcasts have different endings, specifically so people think the ending is different keeping it ambiguous.
>>
>>87672904
That's pretty brilliant.
>>
>>87672870
It was done intentionally to confuse people. They wanted if you talked to other people you would have disagreements over how it ended and be unsure if you were correct or not.
>>
>>87672815
The ending on my DVD is Cusack dies and Samuel L Jackson goes to his funeral and gives the tape to his wife
>>
It's kino, up there with the other objectively good King movies like The Shining, Green Mile, Creepshow, etc.
>>
More like 1488 am i rite bros? haha.
>>
>>87672936
american audiences don't like it when the main character is killed in the end
>>
>>87673007
American focus groups*
>>
>>87672965

Did they at least include the others on the disc?

I hate all this shit. It's part of the reason I rarely buy anymore. They do the same with CDs. Oh, you have this version? Well for that song, you need to buy the target super deluxe itunes edition.
>>
ahh, another one of the many films from the mid-aughts that seemed like cheap popcorn fare and ended up being really fucking good. a quality thriller based on a Stephen King novel starting Jon Cusack? try selling that in this day and age.

I've said it before, but I miss when even mediocre films were worth watching in the theatre. nowadays it's 90% shit with maybe three films every year worth seeing on the big screen.
>>
>>87670007
This and the Mist have some of the most memorable endings I've ever seen.
>>
Ending where he lives is kino, the tape having actual proof that all happened and the wife's reaction was great

The one where he died was just ebin jump scare shit
>>
>>87668732
Need to watch it again
Thanks for reminding.
>>
>>87668732
I'm not one for horror movies, but that one was pretty great.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.