[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm waiting for a certain someone to dictate my opinion on IT.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: armond.jpg (27KB, 220x330px) Image search: [Google]
armond.jpg
27KB, 220x330px
I'm waiting for a certain someone to dictate my opinion on IT.
>>
>>87664415
He already reviewed it. IT is fake Americana.
>>
You let your wife's bull inform your opinion on films?
>>
>>87664415
He's gonna talk about the film cowardly avoiding the topic of racism when it comes to black kid's character, and something about liberal cynicism or whatever, and he's gonna compare it to some old horror movie for no reason other than they're both horror movies.
>>
>>87664415
Uhm, sweetie...
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/451180/stephen-king-it-boring-degrading-spettacolo-shows-creative-redemption
>>
>>87664727

review worth quoting in full because so short:

>A favorite David Mamet line obliterates the “sure-fire” entertainment offered by the new film adaptation of Stephen King’s It. In the 2000 movie State and Main, the always edgy-yet-conservative dramatist-polemicist has a character describe her small town’s habits: “Everyone makes their own fun. If they don’t, it’s not fun; it’s entertainment.”

>I embraced that memorable wisecrack while enduring the deliberately calculated torture of It, in which the legend of a child-killing in a New England small town foreshadows the creepy, murderous, zombie fascination that now characterizes Millennial entertainment. Stephen King potboilers, usually set in New England, as is State and Main, are manufactured to convey a kind of American Gothic, but they don’t define our cultural space or history so much as exploit a credulous, juvenile weakness for secular superstition and self-punishment.

>It only seems like “fun” if you fall for King’s obvious, contemptuous treatment of American innocence. Director Andy Muschietti gears up what is basically a campfire tale (It was previously filmed as a 1990 TV miniseries), using all the King devices that many people in our broken, beyond-ersatz culture have come to mistake as authentic.
>>
>>87664897
>There’s the group of boys (the “Losers’ Club” representing nostalgia for nerdy adolescence (as in Stand by Me); small-town manners made creepy (Dolores Claiborne); familiar domesticity made scary (Carrie); and self-conscious guilt turned into irrational menace (The Shining). Among his glossy perversions of Norman Rockwell, Muschietti even tosses in some shrieking from The Babadook; the image of the child’s slicker, stolen from Don’t Look Now; and the Barnum & Bailey trickery of the clown villain-demon Pennywise (Bill Skarsgard), who stalks the Losers’ Club. All this formula proves that Muschietti has a commercially shrewd grasp of what triggers today’s jaundiced moviegoers and TV-watchers, raised on shock effects and paranormal frights, much of it derived from King’s own clichés. King’s world represents our culture’s degradation and depravity — not “fun” but perhaps the most synthetic Hollywood sentimentality ever to be mistaken for Americana.
>>
>>87664699
so he's literally /ourguy/. thanks you liberal faggot
>>
>>87664897
>>87664920
The fuck, how is this a review? He didn't even talk about any aspects of the movie
>>
>/tv/ needs a black bull to fight its battles

What did it mean by this?
>>
>>87665006
>Black bull
He's gay too
>>
>>87665026
>black bulls can't fuck dudes

Oh anon
>>
>watch baby driver
>see this kid's supposed to be cool and fails utterly coming off as autistic
>Armond agrees
>"The fears and scant hopes we feel today are personified in Baby, a hero on the Asperger’s scale, who shades himself from the world and plugs earbuds into his head, feeding the energy of pop songs into his alienated existence."

wtf I love White now.
>>
>>87665026
>people actually buy this
Armond is a straight white man in blackface. He's the opposite of who he says he is to further delve into the depths of contrarianism.
>>
>>87664987
>He didn't even talk about any aspects of the movie

There are a billion other reviews on the web talking about how "well shot and edited" a film is. You go for Armond White for a truly unique experience.
>>
>>87664987
He talked about the film's themes in a cultural and historical context. If you're too pleb for this go read another cookie-cutter synopsis praising the cinematography.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.