[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Red Letter Media

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 232
Thread images: 24

File: RLM.png (41KB, 293x295px) Image search: [Google]
RLM.png
41KB, 293x295px
Do you think Patreon has any negative effects on content creators?

Is RLM's weekly video worth $20,000 a month? Should they be doing more with that investment? What do you think?
>>
>regular content several years running
I don't personally give them any money except the one time I bought a DVD, but it's not unreasonable for 3+ people.

There are individuals on Patreon who make that much or more for lower quality work delivered less frequently. I don't think RLM is an outlier.
>>
>>87664112
>Is RLM's weekly video worth $20,000 a month?
Apparently so because that's what they're getting.
>>
>>87664112
Why would you possibly care? Who gives a fuck?
>>
>>87664112
>RLM's weekly video
Do they really put out one video a week? Seems like it's usually longer than that.
>>
>>87664255
They average a video a week, yes. Occasionally it'll be a little longer than a week but they almost always have more than 4 videos a month.
>>
No
Anything on patreon/youtube/twitch is inflated as fuck
No one should be getting millions a year for playing a video game and letting 12 year olds ape out in a chat room
Then again musicians with no talent make significantly more
>>
>>87664317
Why should no one be getting the amount they're getting? Like, what's your reasoning for that other than you don't want them to?
>>
File: a1504569204764.jpg (46KB, 444x453px) Image search: [Google]
a1504569204764.jpg
46KB, 444x453px
>tfw 0 patrons
>tfw $0

Always late for the party.
>>
Well, there's four of them, right? That means if they all take an equal share and add on a 5th to serve as the company treasury they're all walking away with about $48k a year as a salary, and $48k as their annual production budget. That's before taxes of course, so probably significantly less than all that.

I'd say $48k is a pretty good salary in the Midwest, but as a series production budget for 50 or so episodes a year- not very much at all
>>
>>87664385
because he's listened to his boomer grandparents too much and thinks that men should work 60 hours per week in a shitty job to get paid
also jealous
>>
I can't imagine why you would fork away your own money each month to give to people you'll never actually meet in real life. Youtubers at that
>>
>>87664112

Why does narcissistic tripe like this get support?

Why not someone who does actual content like Gaming Historian?

How are people so stupid to not be able to tell the difference between content that provides something insightful and worthwhile, and content that is just some egomaniac's outlet?

Sycophants gotta sycophant I guess.
>>
>>87664453
There's only 3 of them (Jack isn't employed by RLM) and you're also not factoring in all their other revenue sources.
>>
>>87664112
i'd do anything for that kind of money
>>
>>87664112
you're correct, they should do more vids and not get paid at all amirite
>>
>>87664493
I'm not sure what I'm missing then. How much do you figure they're making annually?
>>
Why is this thread still up? RLM is not on TV and is not film. Sage
>>
They shouldn't be getting paid at all for their shit videos
>>
>>87664112
They're hacks. Worthwhile films have been made on less than what they receive in a couple months. Yet instead of making a film, they pocket the cash and continue spewing out low-effort tripe that requires minimal scripting, talent, insightful discussion, and editing.
>>
>>87664112
would love to see these losers taken out
Nothing of value..
>>
>>87664590
Netshit originals aren't TV or film either, yet they get shilled all over.
>>
>>87664112
Their videos are 30-60 minutes long and funnier than the average episode of television programming which can cost millions per episode so yes, they are worth 20k.

That being said I've never paid a cent and I've seen every video they've made except for the movies.
>>
>>87664577
I don't "figure" because I don't give a fuck. It's all just speculation and it doesn't affect me in any way.
>>
>>87664249
Because I worry that crowdfunding sites have a negative influence on the quality of an artists work.

I say this because if you are guaranteed free money you have less incentive to work hard. This is especially evident with RLM, who have meandered and stalled in their creative projects since their Patreon really took off.

eg. they no longer work on elaborate skits, visits conventions, conduct b-celebrity interviews, and experiment with new series and one-off videos

I know we have Patrons here on /tv/, so if we can convince them to maybe drop their support or ask for better content we'd improve RLM.
>>
>>87664317
>No one should be getting millions a year for playing a video game and letting 12 year olds ape out in a chat room
>being this jealous
Also RLM content isn't exactly streaming a video game. All their content is cut and edited semi-professionally. It's not just a vlog or a live stream.
>>
>>87664635
I fail to see how feature films being made for less than what they make somehow means they should be required to make a feature film.
>>
>>87664684
Then why are you in this thread replying to posts?
>>
File: 986345345.jpg (75KB, 546x397px) Image search: [Google]
986345345.jpg
75KB, 546x397px
h-how do we stop them lads?
>>
>>87664691
RLM was never good, they deserve zero dollars and should make nothing. Don't blame your shit interests on Patreon. Blame yourself for being a retarded person with bad taste.
>>
>>87664178
I disagree, I think they're an outlier, but in the other direction in that for what they make they give more quality content then most big names who use the site.

I've seen guys getting hundreds per month who make nothing at all.
>>
>>87664797
you don't
jared fogle innocent
>>
File: 1505183483436.png (2MB, 1600x2320px) Image search: [Google]
1505183483436.png
2MB, 1600x2320px
The guy who makes this webcomic gets over 10K a month from Patreon, so yes.
>>
>>87664667
I didn't ask about Netflix shills, I asked why this thread, which is off topic and should be deleted is still up. I've already reported it, yet it remains.
>>
>>87664680
so what they already get tons of money from adsense
>>
>>87664834
>KEK KEK
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>87664797
By taking them down from the inside. We have no other choice, you know what you must do.

/tv/ go on Chapo
>>
>>87664691
>>87664691
>if you are guaranteed free money you have less incentive to work hard
If you don't continue to work hard, you will gradually stop receiving "free" money.

>RLM, who have meandered and stalled in their creative projects since their Patreon really took off.
This is objectively incorrect though.

>they no longer work on elaborate skits
They did elaborate skits for Half in the Bag back when that was the only show they produced. They make three other programs now in addition to Half in the Bag.

>visits conventions
They stopped doing that years before Patreon because they hated them.

>conduct b-celebrity interviews,
They've rarely ever done that anyway. It wasn't a regular thing and you know it.

>experiment with new series and one-off videos
Lol what? They started re:View last year. They started Nerd Crew this year. And they still make random videos from time to time as well. All that IN ADDITION TO what they regularly produce.
>>
>>87664852
I didn't say I feel guilty, I just said I haven't given them money.
>adsense
RLM started around 2009 or something and I've had adblock since firebird launch in.. 04(?) so I don't think so.
>>
>>87664112
>Do you think Patreon has any negative effects on content creators
Yes. I have been secretly informed that if you don't follow Patreon's agenda you will get shutdown.

They are just Hollywood with a different name
>>
Cum Town > RLM
>>
>>87664867
Why do you care about this non /tv/ related garbage so much? It isn't good, and doesn't belong on this board, take it back to plebbit along with your spacing. SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
>>
>>87664691
>Let's help them by stopping the money
>We're going to change the world
As this guy said >>87664112>>87664867
comparatively they aren't that bad at all. I haven't given them a cent and i've seen since 2010 the massive changes in production and overall quality of their show increasing. BoTW, Nerd Crew, Review and all there in between videos. Why would me or you have anything to worry about?
>>
>>87664766
Because they critique film. And the films they have made have been utter shit, with the excuse of "it's on purpose". They're pocketing money, and never improving, showing no semblance of artistic merit in their "work" - basically hacks. And then their opinions get parroted blindly on /tv/ and wherever else, which is what makes me sick.
>>
>>87664910
You could always just, you know, ignore threads that are about things you're not interested in.
>>
>>87664902
Any other podcast in the universe > Cum Town. Stop shilling yourself, Nick. You were only ever funny as Nicole on Twitter. You suck at standup and your podcast is trash for gullible hipsters
>>
>>87664797
I hope they redistribute that wealth.
>>
>>87664112
Depends on how many hours they put in and how many people are involved.

If they work a 40 hour week with 4 people, that's about $31 an hour. Pretty high, but not unreasonable. Especially since they have to rent a studio.
>>
This is why the middle class is disappearing in america, because stupid cunts donate to twitch streamers/patreons/other stupid bullshit.
>>
>>87664953
Where does Sam come into all this?
>>
>>87664940
Oh so you're that
>why don't you make it better yourself?
retard?
>>
>>87664940
>Because they critique film. And the films they have made have been utter shit
That is literally not an answer to the question asked. People donate to their patreon so they'll continue to produce their web shows, and that's what they do.
>>
File: 1505159214955.png (48KB, 924x560px) Image search: [Google]
1505159214955.png
48KB, 924x560px
>>87664910
dw I got you, anti sage bump
>>
>>87664948
Good idea. I should ignore off topic threads that don't get deleted while actual /tv/ related threads get deleted because the mods are selective on how they enforce the site's rules and have a clear agenda.
>>
Welp. Guess the RLM Defense Force has arrived.

Sorry for suggesting that we ask for better content for our $20,000 a month? I mean they don't even buy new equipment anymore. They're pocketing 100% of it without even improving their business. They could hire more employees and do way more with what they're given.

Fuck me, right?
>>
>>87664255
yeah sometimes they will post videos within a couple days of each other but yes that is roughly right
>>
>>87664910
Why are you acting like such a spaz? They review movies, this is a movie discussion forum. If you don't like the topic there's 10 pages worth of catalog filled with threads you might like better. If there's nothing there you can go start your own thread, I don't really care- the key word there just being that you GO
>>
>>87664940
> And then their opinions get parroted blindly on /tv/ and wherever else, which is what makes me sick.
Which movie was it that upset you much?
>>
>>87664940
>They're pocketing money
When you do your job and then receive money for it, do you consider that "pocketing" the money?

>never improving
Look at their content from five years ago and compare it to their content now. You are objectively wrong.

>showing no semblance of artistic merit in their "work"
lol "artistic merit?" They make comedy videos for the internet.

>And then their opinions get parroted blindly on /tv/ and wherever else, which is what makes me sick.
You could have just said this in the first place so I'd know that you're just a literal "stop liking what I don't like" dumbass.
>>
>>87664970
>decades of RLM as a company
>have produced nothing of worth besides an offbrand type of humor which they uncreatively repurpose in all their videos
>make film "reviews" that consist of blanket statements about said film and baseless opinions
>middle aged and still aging, while showing no signs of talent or even improving themselves
There's nothing to defend. You're the retard.
>>
>>87665057
Nah. This thread needs to be deleted. RLM is not a television show or film. It is off topic. You need to go back.
>>
>>87665097
This is correct. Not only is RLM awful, but it is e-celeb trash and doesn't belong on /tv/. It is off topic and should be deleted.
>>
>>87665097
>besides an offbrand type of humor which they uncreatively repurpose
But you said it yourself. They have found a type of humor which has an audience. Why would the abandon that to make a movie, which nobody wants? Their fans pay them to keep creating their web content which is what they are doing.

By the way why are you even in this thread?
>>
>>87665097
>>decades of RLM as a company
This is incorrect

>>have produced nothing of worth besides an offbrand type of humor which they uncreatively repurpose in all their videos
I don't think you understand what "repurposing" is. Also, how is having a specific style somehow a bad thing?

>>make film "reviews" that consist of blanket statements about said film and baseless opinions
Objectively incorrect.

>>middle aged and still aging
Wait...you mean they haven't just magically stopped aging????

>while showing no signs of talent or even improving themselves
Others would disagree, clearly. If nobody thought they had talent, they would have no audience and no Patreon supporters.

Sorry, anon, but you kind of just sound bitter and jealous.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTnEhlvb6jI

see real men prefer jenny
much better than rlm
>>
File: Screenshot_20170904-155534.png (58KB, 219x268px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170904-155534.png
58KB, 219x268px
>>87664590
>he wrote sage in the name field
>>
>>87665155
>By the way why are you even in this thread?
Because he has no friends, watches everything RLM does and treats them like a friend simulator, but hates himself for doing so and pretends to hate them in these threads as a way to make himself feel better about his worthless life. At least that's my guess.
>>
>>87665036
If you aren't shitposting, answer my earlier question. Why do you care so much about a show that you haven't given any money to like myself? What is the alternative you're going to watch instead if you dislike their current direction so much?
>>
>>87665036
>being this butthurt that your opinion is not unanimously agreed with
>>
>>87665207
Why dont you suck my dick? since you love sucking dick
>>
>>87665036
>we ask for better content for our $20,000 a month
I don't think you understand the concept of Patreon. It's not a guarantee of delivery of anything. You can't just pump money into someone's Patreon then start complaining about how much money you're making. And you most definitely can't "ask for" anything.

The RLM guys clearly have a lifestyle and profession they enjoy, and if people want to give them more money then so be it. You're not entitled to anything just because you choose to DONATE money.
>>
File: qJFr0qe.jpg (72KB, 537x399px) Image search: [Google]
qJFr0qe.jpg
72KB, 537x399px
>>87665107
I actually wonder if guys like you don't know and need to be reminded their videos have literally been stickied here.
>>
I don't care what Mike or Jessi want to spend their patreon money on. If Jessi wants to buy an entire Zales outlet store then more power to her.

Red Letter Media has ZERO obligation to spend a single cent on their videos. Any patreons who believe they're owed actual content is a fool
>>
>>87664969
What?
>>
>>87665293
>announcing sages
umm sweetie xxx
>>
>>87665286
Isn't that guy legit gay?
>>
>>87665249
>sag!
If only you could put this autismal levels of energy into posting quality content to /tv/ instead.
>>
>>87665207
I invest $2/mo to the RLM Patreon. I know it's not much but I think I'm allowed an opinion (that we don't get our money's worth). I've posted my similar comments on r/RLM but they get downvotes/deleted. Thought I'd try here.

I'd prefer to open a dialogue prior to withdrawing my financial support, but I may do that regardless based on this thread
>>
>>87664974
>people pay for your low effort spew
>this makes it okay to perpetually wallow in stagnation and rehash the same level of content
Yes, clearly RLM appreciate the financial support, but that doesn't mean they can't produce more worthwhile content and attempt to do something besides internet videos. Instead of viewing it as an opportunity, RLM now appear to view their Patreon as a means to an end. They've given up, and are artistically shallow, just going through the motions. The 4 low-effort videos a month prove it: they don't cost even close to 20k to produce, nor even take much time. It probably takes a measly "day" of work to do one HITB including editing and camera setup.
>>
File: sage.png (33KB, 320x251px) Image search: [Google]
sage.png
33KB, 320x251px
>>87665188
>>
>>87665353
Go back to plebbit to discuss your YouTuber drama. Maybe Keemstar would be more your speed, you gay nigger
>>
File: 1503453105923.jpg (43KB, 612x563px) Image search: [Google]
1503453105923.jpg
43KB, 612x563px
They're worth whatever people wish to donate to them

Don't hate
>>
>>87665353
see
>>87665282
>>
>>87665155
>They have found a type of humor which has an audience. Why would the abandon that to make a movi
So do successful directors like Woody Allen. You don't need to abandon anything if you have talent and passion. Clearly RLM have neither. And the few videos they make a month do not take up their entire schedule - they could easily have time for something else.
>>
>>87665364
>that doesn't mean they can't produce more worthwhile content and attempt to do something besides internet videos
THey can literally do whatever the fuck they want. I don't think you understand the concept of a donation.
>>
HEY GUYZ DID YOU HEAR PEWDIEPIE AND JAKE PAUL HAVE A BEEF WITH EACHOTHER! WE SHOULD MAKE A THREAD ON /tv/ ABOUT IT!!! Sage
>>
>>87665353
Patreon works by "supporting artists" you think are worth supporting. That means you can't expect to get more than what you were getting at the start of that Patreon. Patreon is not some kickstarter deal where every thousand new subscribers gets everyone a new feature. Even if they got a million dollars a month you wouldn't be entitled to anything more just because of all the things that money could make possible. You people have this weird idea of RLM or any content producer owing you content since you chose to voluntarily pay them. Patreon is not you paying for future episodes.
>>
The only Patreon that I'd give money to is my Primitive Technology husbando.
>>
>>87665467
We get it MovieBob, you're upset they're more popular then you
>>
>>87665457
Yes, Mike, Jay, and Rich can amount to nothing, if they so desire. What's your point, you buttblasted fanboy? My point is they deserve no recognition, when there are creative, talent directors and people who have produced far more worthwhile content than RLM ever will. Anyone who "donates" to them is a spewing consumerist retard. This is evidenced by the popularity of their capeshit reviews.
>>
>>87665282
>I don't think you understand the concept of Patreon.
I think the worst aspect of Patreon is that most people do treat it like a storefront and expect something in exchange for their money rather than treating it as "tips" which is what it really is. Backer rewards don't help this idea.
>>
>>87664112

>TV show(s)
>Independtly produced
>Better than most network or cable or streaming service out put
>Less than 5k a week covering at least 4 guys

Man, you Americans are shocked by this?

Come to fucking Australia or the U.K. and Europe where government funded stations give literal retards MILLIONS of dollars to vomit out fucking dog shit that no one watches that doesn't even remotely approach this quality.

Taxpayer fucking money too.
>>
>>87665467
no, you clearly did though I guess
>>
>>87665443
Do you donate to them? Based on your constant whining, I'm going to assume not. And if you don't, then why are you so butthurt about the fact that they have an audience, have found a certain level of success, have people VOLUNTARILY donating money to them, and generally doing what they enjoy? You just sound like a worthless cunt.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170912-210403.png (77KB, 252x286px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170912-210403.png
77KB, 252x286px
>>87665399
>>87665293
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>87665443
I don't really understand your comparison. Woody Allen finds work doing what he loves because there's an audience, so do the RLM guys. What's the problem?
>And the few videos they make a month do not take up their entire schedule - they could easily have time for something else.
Maybe, probably. So what? Starting a Patreon isn't a promise that they'll spend every moment of their life making as much content as possible with the money they're given.

Clearly what they're doing is working for them, seeing as how they can afford to pay themselves over 5k a month from what according to you is not even a full-time job. Sounds like a pretty sweet position tbqh.
>>
>>87665558
>Mike, Jay, and Rich can amount to nothing, if they so desire
Oh I see the problem: you're confusing RLM with yourself. They have accomplished something. You don't have to like their content, but they're doing something they enjoy.

Who am I kidding? I can GUARANTEE that despite all your bitching, you watch every single video they put out obsessively. I hope all the (you)s your getting in this thread are filling some sort of void for you.
>>
>>87664112
>you will never make a quarter million a year through ((reviewing)) movies and making ((ironically)) bad skits.
>>
>>87665558

t. Film school graduate working at Wal-Mart
>>
>>87664112
I think Patreon is a really cool invention. Sure you have people who abuse it, but a really cool show like The Modern Rogue can get made when it's way too niche to be on TV.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC42VsoDtra5hMiXZSsD6eGg
>>
>>87664112
The problem with patreon is they get paid the same no matter how good or bad the content is, if they make an awesome episode they dont get more.

It leads to shitty content and standards spiralling down.
>>
>>87665629

Quarter million between 4 guys.

They make less than I did in my early twenties working in a supermarket.
>>
File: 1505067681801.jpg (26KB, 380x354px) Image search: [Google]
1505067681801.jpg
26KB, 380x354px
>>87665400
>>87665467
>He's secretly a shill bumping the thread and shilling other youtube content
You actually sound more knowledgeable on this stuff than the avg. /tv/ user anon
>>
>>87665631
REKT
>>
RLM IS THE BEST ALSO I LOVE JAKE PAUL PLEASE RAPE ME
>>
>>87664493
Jack does get PreRec bucks though.
>>
>>87665652
>The problem with patreon is they get paid the same no matter how good or bad the content is
How is that a "problem" considering everyone involved (the people donating and the people receiving the donations) knows that's the case going in?
>>
>>87664590
There are just as much TV as anything on Netflix, Amazon, or Hulu.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2348531/?ref_=nv_sr_1
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3787912/?ref_=nv_sr_1
>>
>>87664112
they could pitch in a couple thous every month to buy Rich a wife that isn't horrible in every metric
>>
>>87665652
Short term, I guess, but if they make shit content, people will stop supporting or never start. If they make good content, more people will be inclined to sign up and stay supporting.
>>
>>87665716
I didn't ask about your other favorite E-celebs. I asked why a thread which is against the board rules is still up. Now go back to plebbit and shill your e-drama.
>>
>>87665652

Yeah I've seen the following happen more than once:

>Youtuber regularly puts out content, say for example 2 videos a month (something that requires research etc0
>"Guys I have a patreon, contribute please"
>Patreon is payment per month, not per episode
>Patreon monthly funds accumulate a bit
>"guys guys, been busy with life and stuff you know. thanks for understanding!"
>Video output drops to 1 a month, maybe even less
>>
File: Screenshot_20170913-110950.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170913-110950.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
These guys, failed stand ups, earn 4 times what RLM earn to do a weekly podcast (podcast) where they complain about Trump and 4chan.

Literally 80k plus to say "rrreeeeeee blumpf le alt right evil frogs!" for an hour.

RLM, for 20 grand, deliver FAR above what most patreon and government and private media companies deliver.
>>
>>87665663
It's 3 guys, and even if it was 4 it'd be over five thousand american dollars a month. That sure was some sweet supermarket you worked in.
>>
>>87665754
Hey, Soggy. You suggested it was against the board rules because it's not TV. That person showed that it was TV. You don't get to just repeat your original claim like nothing happened.
>>
>>87665766
In this case however the Patreon's been up for like 2-3 years and they've still kept the schedule up.
>>
>>87665566
Do you donate to them? Based on your level of fanboyism, I'm going to assume so. That people do donate to RLM is not an argument for the worth of their content, nor why it's constantly spammed on /tv/. Not a single one of you fanboys can defend RLM besides stating the obvious, that being "Well, people donate, so clearly some people find worth in their content". So what is this worth?
>>
>>87664453
Mike and Rich are the owners of RLM
>>
>>87665766
This has always happened to good channels after they start running out of ideas and motivation. I'm not sure if Patreon is directly the cause, it just happens that Patreon is now the thing that every Youtuber gets when they reach that stage of semi-recognizability. Channels went to shit after that phase long before Patreon existed.
>>
>>87665754

It's not against the board rules you rancid retarded newfag fuckwit.
>>
>>87665786
Wrong. RLM is not /tv/ related. Just mentioning Amazon or Walmart in the thread doesn't automatically make RLM /tv/ related. RLM is off topic and against board rules. This thread needs to be deleted.
>>
>>87665778
Doesn't Lauren Southern make even more to occasionally post videos of her saying all muslims should be killed or something along that line?
>>
>>87665766
But RLM hasn't done this so what's your point?
>>
>>87664198
This guy capitalizes.
>>
>>87665829
RLM is not a television show or film. It is an off topic thread and should be deleted.
>>
>>87664577
Not sure how much they'd make from this, but they do sell merch. I also assume their YT videos are monetized? And don't forget the NerdCoffin bucks.
>>
>>87665867
They are very clearly both.
>>
>>87665687
Jack and Rich split twitch donations, but that's not RLM money. PreRec and RLM aren't connected in any legal way, they just happen to be the same guys.
>>
>>87665766
Yeah, that's why i would never donate and pretty much only watch rlm for any sort of 'youtube' content. They have hardly let this effect take place and you have to be a turbo neet who doesn't even watch much /tv/ to have time for this crap.
>>
>>87665830
How is a channel dedicated to talking about film not film related?
>>
File: 1471672624293.jpg (1MB, 1440x4701px) Image search: [Google]
1471672624293.jpg
1MB, 1440x4701px
>>87665754
fucking Gilchrist
>>
>>87665839
No. Why do you lie?
>>
>>87665780

It's 4 guys.

5/4 is barely over a grand a week you dumb fuck.

My salary was 80k a year plus bonus which is fuck all.
>>
>>87665896
Since he found out he can get free you's for spamming the word "e-celeb". Just see how many times he's done it already.
>>
File: 1471672694605.jpg (1MB, 1440x3939px) Image search: [Google]
1471672694605.jpg
1MB, 1440x3939px
I'm crying Lauren
>>
>>87665830
What the fuck does Amazon or Walmart have to do with anything? That person linked two IMDB pages about ongoing RLM "TV series." Side question: Do you think Beavis & Butthead belongs exclusively on /mu/?
>>
>>87665867

RLM produces multiple television shows you low IQ butthurt ape.
>>
>>87665643
>but a really cool show like The Modern Rogue can get made when it's way too niche to be on TV.
I watched the trailer for it- honestly it looks like it would be right at home on something like Spike or TLC. Maybe the show itself is unique or something, but it really just looks like something I've seen before.

Either way, I still take your meaning, Patreon gets shit made that might not otherwise- or helps it get made faster with fewer compromises to the creators artistic vision
>>
File: gilchrist.gif (3MB, 200x133px) Image search: [Google]
gilchrist.gif
3MB, 200x133px
>>87665899
Gilchrist was the best part of Gorilla Interrupted.

Too bad he's such a hack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Sbmvy6w4kI
>>
>>87665804
>I don't like thing and it is impossible for me to accept that others like thing

I don't donate to them btw. I enjoy their content though because I think they're funny. Here's the thing though: when they put out a new video, I watch it, usually get some laughs out of it, then move on with my life.
>>
>>87665839
No, she makes $0 on Patreon because she supported Italian law enforcement.
>>
>>87664850
Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>87665867
And yet, it hasn't been deleted.
>>
>>87665591
>What's the problem?
RLM and their audience, of course. They make fun of Boyhood, with baseless arguments of "12 years", yet in that same amount of time they've produced nothing. Space Cop is total shit. They do capeshit reviews nonstop.
>Clearly what they're doing is working for them
This is not an argument. What is the value of RLM's content besides "I like it and am retarded enough to donate to their patreon"? It took Mike 12 years to come up with Plinkett - bravo!
>>
>>87665839

She doesn't have a patreon.

When she did she was earning less than 2 grand a month. And all she did was go to protests in low cut tops to give redditors something to fap to.
>>
>>87665952
he makes a good point, if you apply to 100 jobs a day and are unemployed for 7 years you are getting fucked by someone else' world
>>
>>87665918
Nope. Jay and Mike own the company and Rich is employed as a stagehand. Jack is just a friend and gets no money even for his appearances on the show.
>5/4 is barely over a grand a week you dumb fuck.
Ok? What's your point. It's still five thousand a month no matter how arbitrarily you want to put it. It's also 166 per day or 0.0019194 per second, dumb fuck.
>The U.S. Census Bureau reported in September 2014 that: U.S. real (inflation adjusted) median household income was $51,939 in 2013 versus $51,758 in 2012, statistically unchanged.
I'm sure your bagger job paid you over 1.5x the median HOUSEHOLD income. Now fuck off.
>>
>>87664112
Fuck no. But since it's spread over 4,299 people and/or entities it's presumably worth about $4 a month to them which isn't completely ridiculous.
>>
>>87665948
They've said they tried to pitch it to a TV network, but they thought there was too much variety; sometimes they're mixing cocktails, sometimes they're learning to crack whips; and sometimes they do things that are dangerous that the networks would feel uncomfortable airing.

It's a pretty comfy show, I don't mind chipping in 5 bucks a month.
>>
>>87665999
>they've produced nothing. Space Cop is total shit
You can't say they've produced nothin and then follow that sentence up by acknowledging something they've produced. You're also ignoring the literally 100s of videos they've produced that have hundreds of thousands of views each. You don't like RLM. Noted. But what point are you even trying to make anymore? You sound like a fucking retard.
>>
>>87665956
>then move on with my life
That's pure consumption. When I watch a film, it affects me and is reflected onto my psyche for days, even weeks or years. It has a lasting impression, and I approach film with more than ideals of cheap entertainment. I except the same of RLM, or at least I do of their audience. But, as evidenced by your post, their audience is brainless and only there for cheap laughs.
>>
>>87665999

They review lots of different films and B/WOTW which is immensely better than the new MST3K that no one cares enough about to even complain about.

Boyhood was a garbage film resting on a neat gimmick. It's a true plebometer.

>b-but i d-d-dont like it

Is not an argument. We've noted your subjective opinion on the shows. What more do you want? Money?

Maybe set up a patreon?

>Butthurt Faggot Complains About RLM
>>
>>87665999
>I am too autistic to understand that other people find value in things that I personally don't: the shitposter
Just admit it: you obsessively watch every video they make and hate yourself for pretending they're your friends, so you shitpost about them on /tv/ for (you)s. Accept it and you'll feel better.
>>
>>87664834
when do they get naked?
>>
>>87665999
Have you actually seen the original Boyhood review, or the video from the same year before it came out as they were just talking about it coming up? They never once made fun of the idea to film a movie over 12 years, the "12 years" meme is referring to people defending the film's flaws by referencing this trivial information that shouldn't justify shortcomings.
>This is not an argument.
hmm.
>>
File: 76.jpg (18KB, 355x312px) Image search: [Google]
76.jpg
18KB, 355x312px
>>87665920
Yes going by his posts, the joke really is on us.
>>
>>87666105
>When I watch a film, it affects me and is reflected onto my psyche for days, even weeks or years
Me too. What does that have to do with RLM's internet comedy videos?

You are either seriously fucking retarded or a very dedicated shitposter.
>>
>>87666105
>When I watch a film, it affects me and is reflected onto my psyche for days, even weeks or years.
>I except the same of RLM
Holy shit, you just outted yourself as a gigantic idiot. Haha like how autistic can you possibly be?
>>
>>87666057

Right.

It's still a pittance between 4 guys.

>I'm sure your bagger job

I was a manager. Supermarkets don't operate autonomously you stupid cunt.

Once you graduate community college and leave your parents basement you'll find that out.

>median income

Let's see

>Full-time earnings in Australia averaged A$78,832 a year in the second quarter of 2016. (Seasonally adjusted wages – Bureau of Statistics.) If overtime and bonuses are included, average Australian earnings were A$81,947 per annum.

Huh. I was barely earning over the average while living in the most expensive city in the country.

You truly are a stupid, ignorant cunt with zero understanding of how the world works.

>durrrrr 5 grand a month for 4 guys to live on AND produce multiple shows is like winning the lottery.

Imagine how fucking drunk your single mother must have been during her pregnancy.
>>
>>87666077
>You can't say they've produced nothin and then follow that sentence up by acknowledging something they've produced
I meant in terms of worth, of course. Hundreds of hours of videos don't amount to anything.
>You don't like RLM. Noted.
Where have I stated this? I only bring up that their content is largely low-effort and worthless, and that by all measures RLM are the epitome of hacks. You, on the other hand, have said nothing to defend or refute that. It's like that copypasta that gets posted: no RLM fanboy has ever refuted it.
>>
>>87666072
Honestly I think that sums up the beauty of Patreon pretty nicely. Because that show didn't look like something I'd probably like to watch, but that's fine. Because even if it only attracts a fraction of what would be considered a tiny audience for a tv show 10 years ago, it can still be self sustaining, and even turn a profit.
>>
>>87666105

This is the single saddest, most pathetic shit I will read all day.
>>
>>87664112
>What do you think?
honestly $20k is pocket change in the US, you third worlders should stop fixating in small groups like RLM and the pennies they make.
>>
>>87666284
>Hundreds of hours of videos don't amount to anything.
They amount to the RLM guys making a living doing something they clearly enjoy. How much worth is there in the endless obsessive shitposting you've been doing in this thread? That doesn't seem to have any artistic value so by your logic it shouldn't be done at all. Why are you even here?

>I only bring up that their content is largely low-effort and worthless, and that by all measures RLM are the epitome of hacks.
Okay? What do you hope to accomplish by saying this over and over and over in a thread on /tv/ that everyone is making fun of you for?
>>
>>87666278
I'm going to ignore your autistic sperging and just focus on the points, allright? You can go back to /b/ for your edgy meme insults.

It's not 5 grand a month split 4 ways. It's 20 grand a month, split 3 ways. I don't know how you can get confused about this when it's displayed in the OP image and re-explained to you multiple times.

Also do you think that australian dollars are equal to US dollars? Because they aren't, that's why I specified US$ and you chose to omit AU$ to get into this position to unload all your edge on paper.
>>
>>87666284

Their content isn't low effort relative to costs and 20,000 dollars per month of people find worth in it.
>>
>>87666105
I sincerely hope that some day, you make a real friend.
>>
File: 1385758496986.png (1MB, 441x603px) Image search: [Google]
1385758496986.png
1MB, 441x603px
>>87664112
I'd like to see them hire a real editor and maybe produce more non-edited content (like a podcast), but 20k/month for 3 people (maybe 4? Is Jessi still doing their admin stuff?) and a fairly large studio with sets and stuff, isn't thaaaaat much.

And unlike someone like Linus Tech Tips, they can't really shill for the big corporate cash.
>>
>>87666278
>this formatting
Fix your life, my dude.
>>
>>87666367
But you're missing the point: the anon you're replying to doesn't personally find wroth in it, so therefore nobody else should because the world revolves around him and his interest.
>>
>>87666342
Who should we focus our autistic ire on instead, anon?
>>
>>87666399
>I'd like to see them hire a real editor and maybe produce more non-edited content
Mike and Jay edit every video and a good chunk of the humor in their videos stems from their specific editing style and jokes that are literally created in editing. You can't just hire an outside editor to create what they do. Also, they clearly have no interest in a podcast.
>>
>>87665182
She has a surprisingly fit bod.
>>
>>87666366

>I'm going to ignore helpful criticism of my failings in life

You shouldn't.

>It's not 5 grand a month split 4 ways. It's 20 grand a month, split 3 ways.

It's not 20 grand a month split 4 ways. It's 20 grand a month to produce multiple shows.

You don't know the salary split or who is paid for their work.

>Also do you think that australian dollars are equal to US dollars?

Why are you addressing me? I never said that.

Imagine being wrong all your life and instead of trying to fix it, you double down on your stupidity.

Sad.
>>
>>87666446
No idea, but giving some show shit for making $20,000 a month is ridiculous.
>>
>>87666492
>You don't know the salary split or who is paid for their work.
And neither do you, but you keep obsessively posting about how much they make and how the money is split. You see the problem here right?
>>
>>87666454
>Also, they clearly have no interest in a podcast
They've already done 5 episodes of Nerd Crew. You can bet they're interested in producing more rehashed low effort content if they can get away with it, and fill up time by talking banalities and nonsense (which is most podcasts).
>>
>>87666410

You can always return to reddit if 4chan formatting triggers you, my dude.

>>87666418

True. Just think - once he closes this thread we'll all cease existing.

This world is his autistic projection and we're just guests. That's how he knows the budgets of RLM productions and the living expenses of it's members.
>>
I'm sorry.

Red Letter Media is NOT worth $20,000 a month.
>>
>>87666454
...you can find editors that can edit like that too. I'm also not suggesting they off load all editing duties. Also, I'm just saying *I'd* like to see a podcast.
>>
>>87666535
>They've already done 5 episodes of Nerd Crew
What does that have to do with a podcast?

>You can bet they're interested in producing more rehashed low effort content if they can get away with it
Then where's their podcast?
>>
>>87666527

Correct.

I don't.

Which is specifically why I said you claiming that you did and that it was a lot of money when you clearly don't and it isn't was fucking retarded.

Nice to see you finally agreeing with me.
>>
>>87664112
$80,000 a year ($240,000 / 3 between Mike, Jay and Rich) is defeinitely worth it since the quality of content they are putting out is substantially higher than most of what else is on offer on the internet.
>>
tbf
>>
File: shrug.jpg (51KB, 486x353px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
51KB, 486x353px
>>87666555
You should stop paying that much then
>>
>>87666554

Yeah,

my dude.

I think I'll just

>hol up

I might just

>wait for it

Mosey on over that site you just informed me about.

>searches it up

Hey now,

hey now...

>checking it out

Posts on there aren't formatting like this at all! Where will I satisfy my blank space fetish?

>be me

>be fully hard right now imaging how this post will look when I submit it

It's gonna be great.
>>
>>87664852
People vastly over estimate how much money youtube and ads give off.
>>
Why are RLM threads always so sad and full of autists?
>>
>>87664112
Sure? Patreon take like a 10% cut, then the rest is split what, at least 5-8 ways? It's not exactly a lot of money.
>>
>>87666492
>You don't know the salary split or who is paid for their work.
Jay and Mike are the owners and Rich is an employee. It literally means Jay and Mike can't make less than 33% of that that.
>It's not 20 grand a month split 4 ways. It's 20 grand a month to produce multiple shows.
It is 20 grand a month split 3 ways. They used to produce their content with the identical production quality being funded just by Youtube ads. Now they have Youtube ads AND patreon. Those old streams of revenue that were enough to produce the shows haven't gone anywhere.

I know teenage years can be rough, but venting on the internet won't make your life any better anon. You should try to go outside for a change, I know it's daytime in Australia.
>>
>>87666737
Everyone but me is wrong
>>
>>87666782
Patreon cut is 5% and Mike, Jay and Rich are the only people employed by the company, owned by Mike and Jay.
>>
>>87666639
>2 min ironically bad skit and 50 min sitting around drinking beer and talking
>high quality
>>
>>87666825
You actually think all the other people who appear and work on it do it for free?
>>
>>87666827
yeah but who cares how "little effort" it is when that 50 minutes of drinking beer is funnier than any comedy currently on television?
>>
>>87666366
Based on today's conversion rate, which is $1 USD = $.80 AUD
$80,000 USD a year is $64176 USD.
Further more, go back a few years ago and AUD was actually worth more than USD, I was earning over $100,000 p/y USD in my entry level public service job back in 2012.
>>
>>87666782
>the rest is split what, at least 5-8 ways?
Are you just trying to be funny at this point?
>>
>>87666858
Well that's what they've said. It's not like I have their tax paperwork in front of me so I'm going to assume what they're telling is the truth since no one else has any better source.

Jack has a day job in another company doing video editing. The Canadians have regular jobs, as does John or whatever that neckbeard's name is. Mike and Jay are the only ones doing editing on the episodes.
>>
>>87666827
You realize that editing is a thing right?
>>
>>87666555
Market decides what something is worth, if 4,299 people in a world of over 7 billion belive that a product is worth enough to pay for it, then that's what it's worth.
>>
File: 1495954233275.png (70KB, 235x235px) Image search: [Google]
1495954233275.png
70KB, 235x235px
>>87664797
What is it?
>>
I bought their shitty fucking Space Cop dvd. I shoud mail it back
>>
>>87666981
People and markets can be wrong.
>>
>>87667058
Tell me about it, look at all those shitty podcasts with even less effort and multiple times more money than rlm.
>>
>>87667058
Who are you to dictate how people spend their money?
>>
>>87667006
Space Cop wasn't released on DVD, you liar.
>>
>>87664112
oh, look. another WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH thread
>>
File: 1466836135940.png (403KB, 545x483px) Image search: [Google]
1466836135940.png
403KB, 545x483px
>>87664797
>h-how do we stop them lads?
We don't. They do an amazing job fracturing and dividing the Left with their childish leftist drivel. Hell, they even might have been the reason why Hillary lost.

I hope they make even more money and become even more influential. Make it so the Democrats never gain any meaningful power again all because these goony bearded numales want free shit. Thank you based Chapofags.
>>
>>87666858
Rich confirmed he's employed full-time by RLM, followed by Jack admitting he wasn't. He certainly gets something from his appereances, but I guess only Mike, Jay and Rich are the equivalent of partners in the company.
>>
>>87664482
How exactly is this different from paying for Netflix or HBO? Most people only give $1 a month.
>>
File: your autism level has increased.jpg (24KB, 720x253px) Image search: [Google]
your autism level has increased.jpg
24KB, 720x253px
this whole thread
>>
>>87667253
>the Left
>Clinton
Nice one
>>
>>87665480
https://www.patreon.com/JamesYeager
You can pretty clearly set it up so you get paid only for each new video you release.
>>
>>87664112
>reeee why dont redditors spend money on me
>reeeeeeee why do they like thing i dont like reeeeeee
grow up and get a job jethro
>>
no one care
>>
>>87664824
Also this. Chapo is the only real force out there fighting for Jared's innocence. You guys who hate on them are a bunch of pussies too afraid to steal valor.
>>
stirring up drama like a bunch of fucking hens

CERTIFIED BETA THREAD
>>
>>87664902
Why does /tv/ like cumtown so much. I thought this place was full of NEETs and incels
>>
>>87664902
Is cum town leftist like Chapo? I love a good bit of Chapo
>>
How much do each of them make a year?
Do any of them have jobs outside of RLM?
>>
File: 148235423957235.png (364KB, 613x621px) Image search: [Google]
148235423957235.png
364KB, 613x621px
>>87667518
That is EXACTLY the kind of shit I am talking about. You and the Chapofags must continue to subject Democrats to purity tests and ideological inquisitions. Burn witches at the stake. Hunt down heretics. Kill the unbelievers.

Continue to peddle your Bernie trash and sabotage your withering positions of power. Go, my minion!
>>
>>87664850
Announcing you've reported is also a violation of site rules, You should remove yourself immediately you fucking tourist
>>
>>87667672
Keep it on topic nigger
>>
>giving money to any content creator as a "donation"
Holy fucking shit, your generation was such a fucking mistake
>>
>>87667651
>Post a picture of the democrats failing to do fucking anything to help working class people
>STOP BEING SECTARIAN, VOTE DEMOCRAT
What did he mean by this?
>>
How is that 20k split up?

How many people work there? Just the people you see on camera? Do Rich and Jay give an even share to everyone including bald guy and fat one?
>>
File: 14293884242.png (29KB, 909x289px) Image search: [Google]
14293884242.png
29KB, 909x289px
>>87667809
You will never take over the Democrat party.

You will never be relevant in politics. You are a fringe element that only undermines your ideological neighbors. You are the greatest asset of your perceived enemies.

Drive your daggers deeper into the back of the Democrat Party. Do it for the good of America.
>>
>>87664635
>critics shouldn't be critics unless they are themselves able to make an excellent film

This is really fucking stupid, and is the /tv/ equivalent of telling a spectator not to point out a bad football play because "let's see you do better". Just because their skills don't lie in filmmaking, doesn't mean they don't understand film.

There's a vast difference between theory and practice.Critics understand how it all works in theory, and filmmakers practice the craft.

>tl;dr: saying "shut up unless you can do better" is a tired and retarded attitude to have
>>
>>87664712
They also obviously rent studio space so that has expenses. I still think patreon is stupid though. They can make it through other means. I'd never give money to someone's patreon. There are much better causes I could give money to if I was just giving it away.
>>
>>87665828
Lucky for RLM there's always more schlock coming out.
>>
>nerd crew for the 8th time while actual good movies come out and are never talked about
>>
>>87667644
Adam is a straight-up commie, and Nick and Stav are Berniebros, but they don't really talk about politics.
Thread posts: 232
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.